Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one oh one one w JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one w JRR.
Speaker 2: Don't forget We've got our Tuesday ticket takeover happening on the jar Instagram at one O one one WJR. Are your chance to win Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets for their shows here in Central Florida come Christmas.
Speaker 1: Time, and several people are picked when we do these Tuesday ticket takeovers, So if you're not following us on Instagram, it's at one O one one WJR.
Speaker 2: So Friday night, Jane's Addiction tour was in Boston at the conclusion of their song Ocean Size, which is a fantastic tune off of Nothing Shocking. Jane's Addiction apparently has come to at least a temporary end. Perry Ferrell inexplicitly uh inexplicably smashed into Dave Navarro's shoulder and then he threw a punch at the guitarist. This prompted the tour personnel to come out and drag Perry Ferrell off the stage and the show abruptly ended. The band then announced they were canceling their next date in Bridgeport, Connecticut, and then now have subsequently announced they've canceled the remaining fifteen dates of the tour and the band is going to quote take a break from one another. And they have apologized to the fans holding tickets at the remaining shows that have been canceled and point them to return them at the point of purchase. And if it's the secondary market, get a hold of wherever you bought those from.
Speaker 1: You're going to take a break from each other, but you just got back together.
Speaker 2: The common denominator here seems to be Perry Farrell versus the rest of the guys of the band, and Perry is apparently having some mental issues. Not going to question that not my place too, I think it's anyone's place too. So the other band members are you know, supportive in urging him to hopefully get the assistance he needs before they make a decision on what the next move will be, if any.
Speaker 1: I hope the best for him. The bright side is the Florida show you said that already happened there is.
Speaker 2: Back on August twenty ninth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're one of the lucky ones.
Speaker 2: Now under this ever changing Dave Grohl infidelity story, you were all well versed in that he came clean and admitted he has recently become a father again of another baby, this time another girl. Now he has four total girls, three with his I think it's two with his current wife, one previously, and now another with a woman he's not married too. So there's that we know about that. Then there's rumors about a divorce lawyer being involved, and there's this thrown into the mix. Apparently there's a bit of jealousy that has been going on on the part of Dave Grohl towards his wife's tennis coach, who is apparently really good looking.
Speaker 1: Really it's always a tennis coach, and this is, I.
Speaker 2: Guess been an ongoing thing for a while now. And the wife is like, I've told him that you have nothing to worry about, but.
Speaker 1: He's teaching me a backhand.
Speaker 2: He's not, you know, the cynical folks are going this is his attempt to deflect from his transgression.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not privy to the intimate goings on of their relationship. We all know, if you're in a relationship, you have your ups, your downs, your rough patches, and theirs has just become very public.
Speaker 1: At this point, and they're asking for their privacy. It's I'm giving it to him. But when you're Dave Grohl, how's it not going.
Speaker 2: To be public? I don't know if it sounds like there's much hope for repairing this whole thing. I hope they're able to work it out.
Speaker 1: I did too. They're married twenty one years.
Speaker 2: Alex van Halen is making three appearances in October. These will be kind of his first public appearances in a while. He won't be playing drums. He'll be out promoting the release of his memoir Brothers, which is set for an October twenty second release. He'll hold a book signing in New York City. He'll also be in Northfield, New Jersey, and he'll also have a live conversation of it in Los Angeles. Should be noted the audio version of Brothers will include the song untitled, which was the last song that Alex and Eddie Van Halen wrote together. We told you last week that the initial plans for Poison to tour in twenty twenty five have been shelved. This at the behest of Brett Michaels, even though he was the one who really was promoting that they were going to be doing it in twenty twenty five. He says, No, it sounds like a better thing would be to go in twenty twenty six, and then we can celebrate with a tour of the fortieth anniversary of our nineteen eighty six debut album. Look what the Cat tracked in.
Speaker 1: That makes a little more sense to me, So.
Speaker 2: Look for if you're a poison fan twenty six. Apparently it's the new targets for them to be back on the road. It's Poisoned.
Speaker 1: Somebody texted in at two two five, two six about Perry Perry was reading the lyrics in that show embarrassed dot dot dot embarrassing.
Speaker 2: There's also this line that, uh, he was complaining that the band is playing too loud and he was having to scream his lyrics and he's suffering from tonight is and dude, you're in a rock band.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I hope he gets, like, just like you said, the help that he needs.
Speaker 2: We know that the late Chester Bennington's son is not real happy about the current plans of Lincoln Park. What about Chester's widow to Linda, that was who my guess was that was pissed when you brought this up, Nuss. She has showed her supports really uh for the uh reformation of Lincoln Park. So that's that's an interesting dynamic that's going on there.
Speaker 1: If you did not hear or see what the Sun said, Wow, yeah, that was heavy. It was like a full on statement anyway, just like assault. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: Two of the famous brothers in Southern rock, of course, from one of the most famous Southern rock family bands, the Van Zants, are teaming up for their first ever Christian rock album. Johnny van Zant, who of course has fronted Leonard Skinner for several decades at this point, taking over after the passing of his late brother Ronnie, will team up with Donnie Van Zant for their new Christian rock album called Always Look Up, which will be coming out November twenty seconds. So it's Ronnie and Donnie nor Johnny and Donnie. Ronnie was the.
Speaker 1: Johnny and Donnie. Ronnie was what replaced Ronnie pashed away hating crash. Yeah exactly, I just did Ronie, Johnny, Donnie Woo and god.
Speaker 2: Ario Speedwagon is retiring from touring in twenty twenty four or after this year's tour due to quote irreconcilable differences, irreconcilable differences between bassist Bruce Hall and lead vocalist Kevin Cronin.
Speaker 1: At least they didn't do it on the stage, not right, Jay.
Speaker 2: They're gonna tough it out and then they'll say that's it. We just you know, Greg Tribute from mud Vain is having to take a leave of absence from the band. But don't worry. The band's tour will continue with Megadeth. Greg has to leave the tour to tend to some family stuff that he says, family comes first and we applaud you for that, So they will Mudvein will continue on. They've got replacement guitars. Blink one eighty two's Mark Hoppus has announced a quote, smart, funny and refreshing memoir called Fahrenheit one eighty two. He is set to tell the story of forming one of the biggest bands of his generation, as well as constant battle with anxiety and his public battle and triumph over cancer. This will be coming out next year and Oh puss a fer A, Perfect Circle and Primus. They've toured together before, they had limited dates, while they've announced an expanded Spring twenty twenty five tour. May sixth, Hollywood, Florida, May eighth, Tampa, Florida. If you're interested in going to see.
Speaker 1: That show, I would imagine of course the rock station will have tickets for that Jarr.
Speaker 2: Sure we will. And last, but surely not least, Styx has announced another Las Vegas residency. They've done these over the years, this time in early twenty twenty five late January. They'll be performing their classic album The Grand Illusion in full plus eight greatest hits set. So if you're planning a trip to Vegas, maybe you can catch That's a ton of rock news. Well done, what I got rock news A jrr