Speaker 1: Hi, baby Booze, Welcome back to Vanity. Farah. My name is Chris Farah and I am.
Speaker 2: Still on the road. However, I am bringing you ninety Day Fiance. This is season twelve, episode fourteen on Borrowed Time, which is exactly what's happening for me right now.
Speaker 1: This will be a one.
Speaker 2: Part episode as I am going to breeze through a lot get this done. And just because I am in New York and I have a very packed schedule, however, I have had a lot of fun. If you guys know, I went to New Orleans last week, I will tell you right now that just so happens. When I was in New Orleans, I thought maybe I would see Medo and Debbie. Now, however, the ninety Day Universe does give, and what they gave was at the same time I was there, they're filming the Florida Couple spin off all the people that live in Florida, like they're having their own show.
Speaker 1: Now as you know. So it's like Elise is there. I think it's like Lauren.
Speaker 2: I think it's like, you know, y'are like all the Florida peeps. So, having said that, while I was there, I went vintage shopping and I'm in like a vintage boutique off of Royale and I fully see Andrea and Lauren. They walk right by me, and Lauren was like in a heaven kind of situation because there's a bunch of like Chanel and Lanvon there, so she's like looking at all of that, and she looks up at me like smiling because she's looking at the jewelry, and I'm like, oh my god, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: And when he looked at me, there's a moment where I'm like, do people know who I am?
Speaker 2: I don't talk about Laurena and Andre a lot on this on this podcast. There are people are people, and no one's completely evil and no one's completely great, but they're just not for me for a variety of reasons. Sometimes I wonder, though, if all of the ninety day universe, people that want to be in the world, like know the podcasters, like, do.
Speaker 1: They know my face?
Speaker 2: Because there was a moment where I'm like, I think he knows who I am. However, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he was just like this girl's shopping. However, having said that, I did have that moment, so I didn't say hi, to them because I didn't want to, you know.
Speaker 1: Just it didn't.
Speaker 2: It's not for me, like I have to be in a certain situation to a want to talk to someone who doesn't I don't know very well, like my own socialness, and also be I want to be able to I want to talk to you, and that wasn't what was happening there. However, I'm in now in New York, and maybe I'll see someone here too, wouldn't it be great? Maybe, like every time I go somewhere I see like a Nine Day cast member, I will talk to someone if.
Speaker 1: I see them in New York, I've decided. But New Orleans was fun. New York is great.
Speaker 2: I saw my friend Brian's softie show. If you are a podcast listener, if you ever listen to a podcast called Growing Shade and now it's called Attitudes. Brian hosts that with my friend Aaron Well, Aaron Gibson, and they're great. They're very funny. They have that podcast. Ye also I think co hosts Ask Corona. So in the podcast space you might know Brian. He has a show off Broadway. If you're listening to this, there's one week more. Definitely go see it.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: So all right, here we are, honeys, let's talk about on borrow time.
Speaker 1: We aren't we all are? I mean, who's not?
Speaker 2: Just because I wish that time wasn't borrowed, but it's like we definitely don't have control over it. Okay, Marissa and Edward, So I am happy about the scene. She is taking him to a bar class. She loves that bar, honey, and he is in fact always sort of having to infiltrate her like highly fem spaces like going to Kleinfeld's, going to this bar class, like going you know, power walking around in the neighborhood. She's always sort of like making him, you know, forcefully enter her world. And I would love to see her do something for him, like enter his world or space or have to like allow him to lead in an experience that he knows and she's a visitor of, if that makes sense, Because I think that there's something so interesting about seeing both people of different cultures experience the otherness that they feel in a space that the that their beloved beholds, if that makes sense. So instance, right, she's teaching this bar class, so obviously Edward's a fish out of water, right, and so he's there and she's like, we get to see a lot of what she's already done, controlling training, telling him what to do, telling what to do. Don't use these weights, don't use those weights. Oh you want to use those weights. Those are stupid. You're making a stupid decision.
Speaker 1: You don't know. Listen to me. Which here and now we can say if you've ever taken a plates or bar class, that she's right. Of course, you know, there is longer reps and it is very hard. You know.
Speaker 2: I love I miss bar classes. I love polates. Matt really loved that kind of thing. It's funny because bar classes were such a hot commodity with all of the like cardio barn, the bar method and everything, and then it's felt like it stopped. But we're sort of at the tail end of the boutique fitness craze. I mean, it feels like there's still a lot of people doing heated classes. Like now that's the thing, like a heated class, heated pilates, heated bar honey, heated yoga. But I mean, as someone who like soul cycled her way into like the mid auts, it is a different space.
Speaker 1: So she thinks that everything is going well for them.
Speaker 2: Obviously they had a hard week last week and now everything is going swimming late. That is like, what kind of what's happening for a lot of couples. A lot of the drama that we've been seeing suddenly, like the past two weeks have been just great.
Speaker 1: So they've been living their lives. Honey. She's like, we even got a dog. I'm thinking that.
Speaker 2: The dog will help improve the relationship. I'm like, oh my god, that never works. What is that a baby?
Speaker 1: Honey? Is that a band aid baby? Is that what that dog is? A band aid baby?
Speaker 2: When people say stuff like that and you hear it, aren't you just like, did you hear that too? You think that this you think this animal is gonna improve your relationship because like, what your relationship needs is this animal, and the magic in love with this animal is not gonna rub off and I'm sorry, it's not gonna run out and you're just going to be stuck with the.
Speaker 1: Person you don't already like.
Speaker 2: So you know, he gets a long hug from her, so he's excited. He does his class. She's been teaching for like twelve years.
Speaker 1: Honey.
Speaker 2: There's just a lot of white ladies, a lot of like middle aged ladies, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. And he's just you know, at home. So let's move on to Katie and Josh.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I'm gonna say about that bar class he you know, it's hard for him.
Speaker 1: She's like, you're I told you'd be hard.
Speaker 2: Dustly ends, okay, So because it's kind of like what else, Like what's interesting that happens other than that? Is like he was like I was gonna leave, and then they have like a horrible date and then she gets mad at the date.
Speaker 1: Like that's why.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, she's just like I'll be annoying on this date, like, don't bring up bad things, and he just wants to talk about his feelings and she's like, I told you have to do something. And then then she gets patty because he didn't believe he didn't do what she wanted.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm like all over the place. It's just that she can't just enjoy her life.
Speaker 2: She can't just like I would love an episode where they like knowingly get her super stoned, like I need to see this person fucking let go, Like what is this person like when she isn't hyper controlling or isn't trying to like make everyone do what she wants them to do at all times. Can we get this person like a Xanax bar for an episode and see what it's like talk about xanx. Oh my god, guys, sorry, this is ADHD ready for this in the ninety day world, I was gonna bring this up. Well, okay, I'm gonna bring Okay, I know what I'll do. I'll bring this up in transition. So there are two guys in the ninety day universe that are going on TikTok lives and they are ruining whatever faith we had in them. What am I talking talking about? I'll tell you so. Rashid, who we have grown to love, who we think is hilarious, great, fun, interesting, sweet, nice, cannot get off. TikTok cannot do it. Is on honey TikTok all day long. And he is like vulgar ref He loves like mimicking moral sex or talking about pussy, which God bless, I mean, so do I. But come on, you know I'm saying like a lot. He's always like listening. He's just he's not the person that we thought he was. On the show, and he's been slipping in to people's dms. What kind of people, female people? What is he doing asking for pictures? So that's one thing where it's like and the reason why I actually had brought this up, and I should have brought up this moment first and then moved on to Rashid. But you know, God Bless is that Andrea of Libyan Andrea has also been on TikTok Live basically begging for money. And what he looks like is someone who has definitely done all the.
Speaker 1: Xanax bars in Florida. Like he looks.
Speaker 2: Definitely zoned out, zonkeed out. You know what I'm saying, I'm like, give Marissa some of that. So that's what I was gonna transition is that he needs to take Xanax.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, she needs to take Xanax.
Speaker 2: Andre has some Andre has been like weird on TikTok and they are obviously grifter losers who just want to ask for money, and you are just relying on for.
Speaker 1: Some reason enough.
Speaker 2: Online fans to give them like three dollars to like a mass enough money for the month, which is God Bless. I'm trying to guess I guess. I guess I'm trying to do the same thing, ha ha ha, but in a different way. So and then of course Rash being gross online. So those are the two dudes ruining our lives. However, let's move on to you know, to our peeps. Did Mal write rash sheet? We are they on this episode? Oh no, they weren't. That's why I'm not going to transition to them. They're not on this episode. Okay, sorry, my loves. However, you know who is Katie and Josh. So we start with the GoPro of them bicycle riding.
Speaker 1: She looks cute.
Speaker 2: She's wearing like a black leather jacket and like a straight laid, straight leg jean, which you.
Speaker 1: Know is in and I wish I could also run. I just feel like it's so hard for me to go.
Speaker 2: Jean shopping, Like, is there anything worse than having to get jeans or a bathing suit?
Speaker 1: For some reason?
Speaker 2: Why is like that so much harder than a dress for me or shoes or like it's just knowing I have to either buy a bathing suit or jeans means that I'm gonna have to like take one or two days and I have to like prep in such a way where I'm wearing certain things and I you know, have you know, like for some reason an in shopping experience in store which almost never happens in twenty twenty six, to really get something done with a lot of patience and a lot of compassion for myself, and really do I have that?
Speaker 1: I need jeans?
Speaker 2: However, you know Katie, I want to give her a grace when she has it.
Speaker 1: She looks cute. They set up a picnic, so this is adorable, a Portland picnic.
Speaker 2: And you know, we know what she wants to do. She wants to come in hot with her want of the day, and that is to be in an open relationship. And she's proud of herself and she feels like she can ask for this because she has had one night, one good moment.
Speaker 1: Where she has.
Speaker 2: Done what she should always be doing, which is respecting his boundaries.
Speaker 1: So she's like, guess what for my bachelorette party that which was a funeral.
Speaker 2: I didn't make out with anyone. I didn't even ask to. I didn't get black out drunk, so anyway I would. And he actually did get drunk, and he got drunk because he was watching the news and then sort of like internalizing.
Speaker 1: I'm sure time when this was happening.
Speaker 2: I think I'm assuming it's the height of ice and all that stuff, which is still happening, But you know what I'm saying, when there was, I don't know. It seems like maybe this was at that time where he started to internalize a lot of like anxiety and fear, which I understand as an immigrant and not knowing if he's welcome or wanted here in America. And she listens to this with what feels like the empathy of a shoehorn. None of this is what she wants to hear because she wants him to be in a great mood.
Speaker 1: She wants him to.
Speaker 2: Congratulate her on her excellent behavior so she can come and strong with what she wants to do. But instead she sets up this picnic and he's like, wah, wah, America hates me. And so she knows it's going to be like, uh oh, well, unrelated. I don't want to be like always fucking.
Speaker 1: Just you, you know.
Speaker 2: So she really has a lot of awkward, like fun face moments where she listens to him and she's like, I'm sorry you feel that way.
Speaker 1: Because she doesn't want to have to. It doesn't.
Speaker 2: She is a selfish person. She's she's in her mind in such a way that she's focused on herself. It's very difficult for her to feel empathy or put herself in another person's shoes. So for her to really sit in Josh's like pain is not something that I feel like she's probably ever done. It feels like she just acknowledges it, sees it from her like vantage point, and then like makes whatever kind of awkward you know, methodical comment. She can say that like bridges her understanding of her experience with whatever he said, and then move on so that she doesn't have to like enjoy the awkwardness much longer, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And again she's on cloud nine, just like you know, fun night, She's like, I had such a blast writing around a limma with my girls, and he's like, yeah, you know, I literally thought that you were gonna call me and say, HOPI fell on someone's face.
Speaker 1: He does like an impression of.
Speaker 2: Her, which is always like my favorite thing to hear someone who has an accent, specifically do an impression of someone else. Always so great, right anytime, you know, I love accents, but if I find someone with an accent that I feel like I have some sort of camaraderie with, at some point I'll be like, can you do me? Like I can do you or not, but like, you know, specifically with a British person or whatever. I'll just be like, this is what you sound like, and I'll do whatever best I can be like, now you do me. It's so fun. It's so fun to hear someone with an accent do a version of whatever you who you are in this case, and I'm American, right, so I was like, oh okay, and it was almost like a brief moment of humor from him.
Speaker 1: Made me happy.
Speaker 2: He feels like trust has been rebuilt because of her one night, and I think that's why. She's like, great, that sounds great, she says. When he talks about his like sort of feelings about what's happening in America, she says, what can I do to make you feel more welcome? And then he says, thank you so much, thank you for asking, And I love that I can be vulnerable around you.
Speaker 1: She says, oh, yeah, that's great. Do you know what the thing is? Though? I wish I could be vulnerable around you.
Speaker 2: I love that you feel like the way around me, and I love that I've made that.
Speaker 1: Space really comfortable and open for you.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you what, I don't feel that from you because I want to be able to tell you something and I don't want you.
Speaker 1: To get upset. He's like, oh no, he's literally in a land minefield.
Speaker 2: He realizes that he thought he was sitting down for a picnic, but he stepped upon a motherfucking landmine. He's like, Ah, what the fuck is or something you want to say to me that you feel awkward or uncomfortable about that? Somehow it's my fault about is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry? So I picking up?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying you need to express something that you don't want to talk about. That is somehow my fault for making you feel bad about what is?
Speaker 1: It? Can't wait? So she like lays it out.
Speaker 2: She's like, you know how we're getting married and you know how that thing where it's like, oh my god, because I can't imagine limiting my experiences in life.
Speaker 1: He's like what. She's like, you know, it's just like I want to get married to you. Love you so much.
Speaker 2: It's just that in the future, I can't imagine always saying no to like every pair of lips that crosses my way.
Speaker 1: For the rest of my life. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, I mean, I know what you're saying. That's like we're getting married. It's like, here's the thing. I want to get married because I want to settle down and have them kids, have a family, have a home, do the things that, like, you know, what will make me feel quote unquote normal or part of the world, or feel like I did it. I feel a little less than humankind. Sometimes my name is Josh, and so I allow things that I feel like, you know, other people wouldn't. But it's because I'm trying to get to the end. And the end is like some sort of life where I have a wife and a house and a child, and so I've done it, Like that's what makes me feel like a winner.
Speaker 1: I'm Josh. And she's like, you know what makes me feel like a winner.
Speaker 2: I'm Katie, like making out with whoever I want to make out life And he's like, those feel incongruent. But he met her doing the thing that she wanted to do, and I don't remember hearing from her lips ever, anything about can't like wanting to settle, why to have a home, why to have kids. It's like, yeah, he just he put on her all the things that he wants. I don't feel like she wants it, and I feel like he knows she doesn't want it, which makes me feel weird about that he is.
Speaker 1: Not picking up those cues.
Speaker 2: It's funny because every time he's in a confessional, Josh will like be very direct. He'll be like, Katie starts telling me that she wants to be in an open relationship and that's never what it's been like, and I'll never be in an open relationship. That's crazy. And then we get a shot of Josh, like at the picnic with her being like, so, what you're saying is you don't know if you want to commit monogamously. I thought this was monogamous and she's like, well, I don't know, you know, it's Katie blinking like that. It's like he he can have the propensity to be direct. I don't know if it's just the twenty twenty hindsight after he processes what happens in the moment and he realizes that his point of view is valid to him enough that he feels like he can put ten toes down, but in the moment.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know if he's right.
Speaker 2: Like, it's such an interesting change from the Josh And again, it's not that he's like super demanding in the confessionals, but there's a marketed change in how direct and assertive he is for him boundaries in the confessional afterward than when we ever see him talk to Katie. Right, I just wonder to give you guys pick up on that too. Okay, Meto and Debbie, I am so said. I didn't run into Meto and Debbie Honey and New Orleans. And at the same time, I do feel like I walked by this cooking class school. So that's what's happening. Their fun thing is now we're supposed to believe, Honey that they're also doing great. Don't worry, they're great.
Speaker 1: They're going to this cooking class.
Speaker 2: And she's like, we're gonna make Marcone and I have For a moment, I'm like, oh my god. She's like marcroo and pasta spaghetti, and so I was like, oh my god, they're going to an.
Speaker 1: Egyptian cooking class in New Orleans, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, how interesting, because that is the thing that I kind of want sometimes for ninety day fiancee to do, which is also involved the American in doing something that's culturally representative of the of the foreigner, so that we see both sides of the fish out of water. That's kind of what I was saying with Edward and Marissa, right, like, we have an experience Marissa in an Edward space, and obviously you know you have to find one and whatever means that is now. For a moment, I was like, oh, yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Found an Egyptian space where they're going to make Egyptian food. But that's not the case.
Speaker 2: So once I realize that, I'm like, oh, she just said that there is an Egyptian dish called Marconi bechamel or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's literally pasta.
Speaker 2: It's elbow macaroni and like lentils and like a tomato sauce.
Speaker 1: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: Sometimes Arabs do like a version of Arab kind of Mediterranean kind of pasta e or like pizza e food. It's always the pizzas are different, but lapasta is always kind of interesting. I'm not a big fan of like levinine or Arab pasta dishes.
Speaker 1: That's just me anyway. So he is doing him. You know, one thing that Meto loves to do is like his very like hard fast, dismissive Arab hand gestures.
Speaker 2: It usually is like a hand that is palm out straight and then it has this beat where the hits a bottom and then comes back up like a little trampoline jump. If that makes sense. I'm doing it right now. If you're watching on YouTube, and he does it a lot, he tries to make his point almost it's like a hand gabble and it feels yeat, like I've said what I said, this is what it is.
Speaker 1: It feels dismissive in his weight. It's not just Mito.
Speaker 2: It feels like this very specific hand gesture that a lot of Arabs do.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, hullous. I would call it the Hullis hand gesture.
Speaker 2: But you know you do you So he's doing that talking about you know, her being you know, whatever cook she is and him doing whatever he is.
Speaker 1: She wants him to cook more because she comes home at five thirty.
Speaker 2: So she's breaking into this class being like we'll both learn how to cook, but also you pull your weight. I work till five thirty. He's like, okay, so they have to like get in there and first things. First is like butcher the shit out of some shrimp and it grosses her out. It grosses me out, but I know that kind of stuff. It is always interesting. We don't watch hands work with meat, any kind of meat. It's not fun for me to like really butcher or get into animal protein of any kind.
Speaker 1: It's underneath those nails, honey.
Speaker 2: I mean, nothing's worse than like food just underneath nails, embedded in nail bed because your hand has just been in.
Speaker 1: Carnage. So she's like, you know, I make things. He's like, what do you make? She's like, I make my specialties tuna with eggs. I'm sorry, what what do you mean? All right? This is where I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I obviously I don't like fish, so I don't know what's real and what's not real in my life though, And is this a California thing? I have never heard of tuna with eggs never. I've heard of blocks on a bagel.
Speaker 1: I has just never heard of tuna in the morning, never tuna and eggs like, is it a scramble?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. When she said that, I was like, I'm on his side. She's like, he's like, that's not cooking. I'm like, it's travesty. It's a tragedy. It's a nightmare if it is.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, he just has to listen to her.
Speaker 2: And the funniest thing he does the whole season, and I think this is true, is that she says, you know, like, yes, it's cooking, and he takes a beat, looks at her and just very dryly is like, no, it was.
Speaker 1: His best work to me all season.
Speaker 2: So then the chef that's like, you know, forced to be here on camera and hopefully getting some appearance fees, has to sit there while she's like, let me tell you what o' sor ry, let me get it.
Speaker 1: She's like, she's like, let me tell you the fun thing that he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he proposed to me, he actually pretended he was going to leave me and go back to his country.
Speaker 1: So funny, it's not funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I'll tell you he's such a.
Speaker 2: That's who I'm married, you know, Like the chef has to be like it's wow, what a romantic story. I really think you're going to like work. She's like, yeah, you know, he shows love differently than American men.
Speaker 1: And I'll be honest in that when I'm.
Speaker 2: Dated Arab men, that's true, but not in the way in which he's showing it.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: They do sit down to eat. It's been there since their first date, since they got engaged. He says that he's happy, and she says, I love you, and he takes a beat and then says I love you too and kisses her hand. She's like, that was the first time he's ever resented. Next day, they're making juice. He's making juice in a Hamilton Beach.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know. I don't know if you care about brand names like I do.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to do that, but Hamilton Beach is such an interesting brand because I swear to God, at least ninety two percent of Hamilton Beach products just don't work. Some of the Hamilton Beach products that I have are like weird ones that I've won at like a David Busters. One time, my friend want one one of those Hamilton Beach like breakfast sandwich makers. Remember that where like it didn't actually toast the bread or whatever. It was a weird thing where I'd just spin around at like, yeah, a David Busters And I was like, Hamilton Beach, what so he's making a juice? And I looked at this juicer and I'm like, that can't possibly be like a good quality juicer.
Speaker 1: And then I see the.
Speaker 2: Juice he makes and it's a fucking smoothie, like the kind of juicers where you push something down with a black lever, isn't gonna like come out creamy white like that look like fucking Annabelle was in the corner with the nutribule.
Speaker 1: At being like sh I made him a smoothie I put in the glass. He doesn't know. I was like that what you just are you juicing strawberries? Like are what are you pretending this is? It was so confusing was this coconut? So anyway, he's like I cooked this and find out because.
Speaker 2: She's like are you ready that tomorrow is the wedding day and she hasn't picked.
Speaker 1: Out her dress or gotten the flowers.
Speaker 2: And then suddenly she's also like yeah, and guess what, it's really only my son Kayden, and you know my daughter. You've met her, Devin, that's the only people that are going to be there, And we're like, your friends are going to be there, and she's like, now the ones that you've been including this whole season. Also, has Kayden met Meado? Is Kayden like in New Orleans? Just hasn't met Medo? You haven't hung out with him once. I have a situation in my life where, you know, I have a weird relationship with one of my parents who got married once. Uh, and I didn't really know the person that she was marrying ha ha. It's my mom. And so I have a certain like PTSD for people that are like, I'm so close to my child, I'm going to get married to someone that my child does not know and I certainly don't care about them having any sort of relationship. So every time I say that, I'm like, hih clockett and you know what, my mom's that marriage didn't last anyway, nor did my relationship with her ha ha ha anyway.
Speaker 1: So just saying so.
Speaker 2: She meets up with her friends, this is unrealistic. It's not realistic that she wouldn't find her dress. Yet, it's not realistic that she is going to suddenly be like, I care so much about my son Kayden. There's so much about Kayden that I care about. We haven't even seen him meet me. Know truly, she doesn't have for flowers. None of that makes sense. And also this doesn't make sense. Now she's gonna meet up with her friends and think about this. She's like, hey, come meet me for lunch at the flower shop in town.
Speaker 1: They're like, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Why why wouldn't we go to a restaurant. She's like, no, I'll meet you there and then I'll tell you why. I mean, think about what has to happen. So then her friends come, has had a full hair makeover. Now it's purple, now it's straight. You're like, where'd you go?
Speaker 1: It looks good.
Speaker 2: And she's like, hi, guys, clock the ring. He did it, he proposed and now we're getting married tomorrow.
Speaker 1: They're like what. She's like yeah. They're like, does he treat you right?
Speaker 2: She's like mm. And then they're like okay, so why are we here. She's like, well, I'll tell you why you're here. You're not invited to the wedding. I don't want it to.
Speaker 1: Deal with your hope law. They're like, what did you to say?
Speaker 2: She's like, I don't want to have to deal with all the hope law that might come if you guys come to the wedding. They're like, did you say hope law? Did you to say hope law? She did, But they can't really give her so much time with that because they have to deal with the fact that she, you know, is gonna marry me too. Now they're instead of being like, that's fucking crazy, Debbie, You're lost.
Speaker 1: We don't want it to deal with you. We have time and energy that we're going.
Speaker 2: To take back for our lives because you don't have like any semblance of reality and you don't care about yourself, so why are we going to care about you? Instead of doing that, they're like, Okay, well, we'll go into this flower shop and just look at you weird, which is what happens. They go in the flower shop. This flower shop is like, oh, you have a wedding tomorrow, Okay, don't worry, we'll do it all for you, which is do you know how expensive that would be? Is she gonna like sell that Louie to put on this last minute wedding?
Speaker 1: I just like it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: So then she's like, yeah, so even though you guys aren't coming, it's really important that Cayden, my son's coming.
Speaker 1: So he's coming. I'm so happy. I can't get married without Kyden. I get a text. Guess what.
Speaker 2: It's a text from Cayden who's like, hey, Mom, they want me to work tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can come to your wedding.
Speaker 2: No, my god, Kayden might have to work. Astra's like, I'm so sorry. Can he what's the word call out?
Speaker 1: Say? No, it's a college job. What is he doing? Is he a barista? A baristo because he's a guy. They never say that. How come we always say the word barista?
Speaker 2: And it's because you know, I'm just wondering if you're supposed to, for a gentleman call him a baristo, or is every person a barista? Is it not like a gender thing. I don't mean to put a gender on it. I'm just saying, you know, like in Italian, is that what barista is? Coffee maker in Italian? But arista? But a usta that sounds right, right, especially if I give it that accent flair that sounds right. But no one ever says like, I got coffee met from my barristo. Anyway, please tell me if I'm right, or just tell me I'm right. So they're like, that sounds crazy that he wouldn't just be like, uh no, I can't work.
Speaker 1: It's my mother's wedding and it is.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, it seems like if he didn't want to do that, there's a reason why, and he maybe he just doesn't want to go to this wedding, and that is one.
Speaker 1: Debbie's like, well, I can't get married with Adam.
Speaker 2: And then it's like, well, if that's true, then you would have absolutely made sure that he likes Mito and is like hanging out this whole time.
Speaker 1: I mean, absolute lazy Halloween happened. It's not. I mean, Debbie, you don't give a shit about that.
Speaker 2: So basically we're like, Debbie's a horrible mom who is like, you know, sad and insecure and doesn't care about anything but like her sort of like emotionally immature moment to moment feelings and is cringey like that.
Speaker 1: All of that is true.
Speaker 2: Therefore she makes her like really a perfect ninety day fiance lady and whatever her mental situations are they're not so crazy or toxic enough where it's like a leasa thing that it almost is like overwhelming. She is the straight man to him being the crazy one. It's nice of her. Okay, So Pala and Thomas, so you know, they're fighting over the apartment space, as we know, and she calls him selfish and he wants her parents to sleep like in some sort of chair.
Speaker 1: This is before they get there, and she's upset. She like that sounds crazy, and he then is like, don't worry.
Speaker 2: I'm also gonna turn my gaming office table into the dining room table with the magic of a you know, tablecloth. She's like mad at him all the time over this situation with the apartment and we don't understand why, like she doesn't try and remedy it, and through some other means. He is stubborn about his space. He's like, oh, yeah, you know, that's where I do yoga.
Speaker 1: So that's where the yoga space is.
Speaker 2: And it is hard when you move in with someone who inhabits a smaller space, or just inhabits a space that they have for a long time, or everything in their mind is already set up a certain way and it's hard to like change that that space could be used for something else, because you have to acquiesce and compromise space for someone else's wants and needs. It's much easier to go into a space that's brand new with someone and then be like, Okay, together, we inhabit this space and that's yours, that's you know, like you do this here, you do this there, And so that part I find, you know, like, uh, I have compassion for him.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, Like there's just a like I don't want to I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just he seems to kind of do the Katie thing where it's like their lives are chaotic and messy and like not enviable or aspirational, but they are ten toes down on.
Speaker 1: Why they won't change any of it.
Speaker 2: For someone else's comfort that they should care about.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to say.
Speaker 2: I like, I am constantly surprised that Katie, knowing that her way and mythology of life isn't sustainable across the board, that there are some issues there, wouldn't try and like change the way she does things to make someone else who she should care about happy. And the same thing with him, It's like he is really hard fast in his ways, and from the smell to everything, he really feels like the world should change around him for his benefit.
Speaker 1: And I, yeah, that's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: So her family comes though, and really happy to see that he's playing with the switchblade.
Speaker 1: Before we're like where that's coming from.
Speaker 2: She's wearing like one of those like ninety outfit ninety style outfits.
Speaker 1: I really like it.
Speaker 2: It feels very tie from Clueless, which is this like number in the gym scene, like when they're and pe where it's like a white kind of like short sleeve shirt underneath a black strappie either dress or jumpsuit.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh my god, that is so specifically nineties.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they've talked about this before, but it makes me happy that he speaks fluent Portuguese or seemingly pretty good. When her family comes, he's all over her nieces and it's cute. Now he very quickly is like, I need to lay down the law of the land. I, Sir Thomas, bequeathed that none of you people living in this small apartment.
Speaker 1: Shall wear shoes.
Speaker 2: Or use smells smells like in soaps or smells and deodorant. Smells and smells like smells and perfumes, and the mom's like, that's crazy, and someone else was like, I got baby soap?
Speaker 1: Is that okay? He's like, yeah, baby soap is usually okay.
Speaker 2: So Powell's brother is like, you know what, I was friends with this guy, but I'm starting to like be a little sus of his quirks.
Speaker 1: I don't know, he's a little eccentric.
Speaker 2: And that comes when he, like Thomas doesn't have a TV and it's interesting, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Like not having a.
Speaker 2: TV isn't a big deal to some people, and then some people find it crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't have a microwave. Actually I do. It's like my landlord's microwave, but I don't use it. Like I don't like microwaves, think they ruin the foods.
Speaker 2: And I also feel like with toaster rep and they get they get things get hot. So it's not a big deal. But like, yeah, with screens and everything, the man doesn't have a fucking TV, but he has three huge ass screens that are usually on the dining room table in his corner that he games on. So it's like, what's a monitor or screen? What's the big difference? So that's why I thought that's interesting, Like there's he has those huge Jess screens. He does watches TV on his screens. We be talking about he doesn't walk TV. He plays video games. So we also get an interesting moment they start to all the family goes out and tours long beaches, see the Queen Mary.
Speaker 1: Bro's talking with the Cysts, and she's like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I just have always fantasized and loved American culture. I love speaking English. I'm so happy to be here. It's been always in my dream for all you guys to be here with me. And so we start to be like, yeah, there's something about Pala that's like, I have an end.
Speaker 1: The end is to be in America.
Speaker 2: Thomas is the Weans, and so I'm allowing or having to deal with him whatever I need to do to get to the end. Like she doesn't feel like she necessary is in love with him. I feel like she's like he's nice enough, and we get along and I like that weird cuddle thing we do when we.
Speaker 1: Put our legs around each other.
Speaker 2: But he's not like super hot, and he's kind of just like boring and a little weird. But I do want to live in America and he is, I guess a gringo.
Speaker 1: So he checks the boxes. But Thomas isn't my whole universe. Miniatures are.
Speaker 2: Manifestation through miniatures, for the universe is my universe. He doesn't even believe in God. He doesn't like the universe. So how is someone who doesn't even like the universe my universe? Anyway, So let's move on Asha and Malcolm. Honey, she wants to look fit for that wedding, so they go fabric shopping shop shopping with his sister Blaze. Now she both of them are like designer esque people like we get Asia being like I actually wanted to be a designer. That was like, honestly my first calling besides being a prophet. God was like, don't be a designer, be a prophet. And that's when I was like, okay, God. But also Blaze is a designer, Sir, I helmet at a prophet.
Speaker 1: Blaze is like, no, I do this shit. I have like a seamstress.
Speaker 2: Whatever the seamstress I hire is going to do this dress in twenty four hours. It's always like a twenty four hour turnaround. I swear to God, I think it's only for like stakes, and I'm like, I actually would find it more interesting if you showed us wedding planning and then showed us like organic disagreements between the couples, like through that process. Okay, But I like what Asha's wearing. It's like a crute, cute like white crochet, you know.
Speaker 1: Situation.
Speaker 2: We realize that they're wood in colors are coffee brown and white.
Speaker 1: They go to like a traditional place to buy like, you know, gorgeous fabrics.
Speaker 2: The fabrics are gorgeous, and I'm just like that's why I'm like, oh, coffee brown and white.
Speaker 1: There's so many like beautiful pinks and reds now.
Speaker 2: Blaze is like, I you know, I worry about my brother and like you because you have a tendency to put upon him things that you want and.
Speaker 1: Then he says yes to that because he wants to make you happy.
Speaker 2: It's the opposite of Katie and the opposite of Thomas, you know what I'm saying. And She's like, don't you realize that he's saying and doing things just to make you happy?
Speaker 1: And a'ss like, yeah, what's the problem.
Speaker 2: You know what, Blaze remember that part in the Bible where Jesus, represented in the story by me, has that fucking conversation with Peter, and Peter's like, Jesus, don't don't do the thing that you need to do, don't fulfill your destiny, and Jesus is like, Peter, you're my block. Well, bitch, I'm Jesus and you're my block fucking blaze. You're a block blazon blocking up my life, and the devil's in the blocks. Asia having to always use God in her arguments is like actually kind of like redembdiculous, but also unfortunately works for her in certain circles. I would love to watch her try.
Speaker 1: And use one of these in a circle where people be like, no, bitch, you're not God, You're not Jesus. Okay.
Speaker 2: So then she meets with Rod, who you know, is like not into this situation at all.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: He's like, what are your plans You're She's like, well, im gonna get married tomorrow, you're gonna be there, ha ha ha.
Speaker 1: And then you know, we're gonna come to America and he's gonna work. He's like, well, how is he gonna work? Just how?
Speaker 2: Like how? And she's like, well, they're my connects. He's like, you're connects. What are your connects? She's like, you, you're gonna get him a job? And that's when Rod's like, no, it's funny because.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It is fun to watch someone tell her no. Like I just said, I wanted someone to tell her no, and he does. He's like, no, I'm not. She seems really demanding, and I wonder if, like how many times she has been like shown a level of reality by someone. He's like, what skills does she does he have? He's like, She's like, well, I'm skills mills. It's about who you know, and I know you, so anyway that's not going to work out turns out.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it's hard. It's really hard out there. It's hard to get a job.
Speaker 2: And you really do have to have, like, you know, many different facets. You have to be able to pivot all those things. And it doesn't really.
Speaker 1: Truly feel like she is taking into account how difficult it'll be.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, she lives in a big ass mansion, so she probably you know, I wonder if her mind. And this is also interesting, is he going to live in her parents' home with them?
Speaker 1: Also, what is her da where.
Speaker 2: Is her dad and how does her dad feel about this? And is Juliet ever talk to her husband? What is Juliet doing right now? I need like every I mean, I feel like Juliette is so funny, like I love her very much, I just like need to see more of her, like she is she hanging out with that young ass friend?
Speaker 1: Now are they all drinking?
Speaker 2: Okay my loves Believe it or not.
Speaker 1: I actually went through the whole episode.
Speaker 2: So that is the end of this one part only one part recap of Nagade Fiance.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening. I really appreciate.
Speaker 2: Your patience with me as I get through some of this traveling and get back to my schedule. While I will have more episodes for you, a lot of things have been coming up, but a lot of fun things and yeah lives are coming your way on YouTube and on Patreon patreon dot com slash Chris Fair is where you can get all of my episodes first and foremost before anyone else. So please go ahead and help your girl out by giving me five dollars. I promise you, I you know, won't be always begging for money on the internet. So other people and I promise you I will say the p word pussy, So do what those information pieces what you will.
Speaker 1: At the same time, you can help me out for free.
Speaker 2: It's by following me on social media's I'm at Chris sel Fair, on TikTok and on Instagram. I also have a Facebook page Chris Farrah and a group Vanity Farrah on Facebook.
Speaker 1: And you, of course can follow and subscribe me on YouTube and I.
Speaker 2: Will be doing some fun lives coming up, and also my episodes of what you're listening to also go live at some point and you can watch wherever you'd like to as well as give this podcast five stars if you're listening so Apple, Spotify, tell me your favorite joke or the thing you hear the most about me.
Speaker 1: I listen to both. Uh, thank you guys again.
Speaker 2: Let's breathe together, hands on hearts, two breaths. Alright, babes, take care of yourselves and one another, stand up what you believe and make art, and I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 1: By