Speaker 1: It's a nice.
Speaker 2: Undoing Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: We're talking about what happened on Wall Street today. Again, some of you may not have stock investments, but virtually everybody in America is expect is impacted by what happened on Wall Street today because if you have a pension plan, if your union is invested in Wall Street, it's a bud bath today. Okay, just no way to describe it in any other way. So far, all the callers this evening have been men, which always disappoints me. But it disappoints me that we don't have a female perspective on this. This was a rough, rough day, no matter how you want to how you want to look at it. The Dow lost eight and ninety points, down over two percent, Nasdaq down four percent, the S and P five hundred down two point seven percent. That's an average of about three percent, and the futures tomorrow. Look, the market might bounce back a little bit tomorrow, but it's not going to bounce back from where it landed today. Okay. The investors in Wall Street will call it a dead cat bounce, but that's that's neither here nor there. The question is has the administration decided to take on too many tasks simultaneously, and it whether you want to talk about the tariffs with China, Mexico, and Canada. Obviously, the Ukraine situation may resolve itself. I mean there are indications that that could resolve itself the most easily of everything, which is saying something in of itself. So I just have one line open at six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. You do not have to be an economics major from Harvard to participate in the conversation. We're just looking to find out what you think and are you concerned and should the Trump administration be concerned? We played earlier and if I have to, I will play them again. A couple of soundbites from yesterday where he seemed to not handle the question with the ease at which it seemed that he was. He was caught off balance when this interviewer on one of the Sunday shows asked him about the R word. In the meantime, let's get Roland. Hey, going to go back to Paul and Lynn. We've had more pauls tonight that we normally have. Hi, Paul and Lynn, how are you tonight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm doing good.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 4: I don't know much about economics, but I got a question, does Donald Trump have any thing to do with the stock market happening today? And then I'm going to comment, in.
Speaker 3: My opinion, it has everything to do with what happened today. I think the market doesn't like uncertainty, and certainly one of the concerns that the market is always going to have is when someone, particularly in his position, doesn't respond quickly to the even mere suggestion of a recession. He fumbled that question yesterday, in my opinion, and that has contributed what have the market been up today? I doubt it, but I think the market dove a lot deeper because of that, in my opinion.
Speaker 4: And if we stayed with the other administration, which is the worst of the you know. But I think with all these tariffs that he has set that's never happened in any president had any set before history that many tariffs. And I think we wanted this change, and we need to stand by him and not take the fall, but stand by and see where this is going. Because it is premature right now. But I think if I'm at market basket and I'm looking at what, uh, you know, avocados, I'm not going to buy them because I can't afford them. And that's something that I can help out with if you know, I can't help out much, but I can help out by saying I'm going to give avocados until the tariffs lifts it, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, as individual consumers, we can do all of that. And I think that's a pretty sophisticated comment that you made there. If you look at a product that you know came from Mexico and you say, guess what, as long as they're going to throw some tariffs on us, you would hope that cooler heads would prevail. I mean, ideally, I agree with President Trump that what you want is free trade. I mean that's always been the goal of Republicans. Free trade. Uh, fair trade is fair trade. So that. But but we've we've lost me car manufacturing plans to Mexico. Jobs go to Mexico, and so Donald Trump is trying to do something to bring those jobs back, which I admire him for. But I just think and and there is going to be some discomfort, if not pain, But today was a pretty painful day for anybody who's invested in the star market, stock market and all of us are, whether directly or indirectly. Paul, I appreciate you call you. You made some really really good point there, and I think people.
Speaker 1: Should follow you.
Speaker 3: No, I'm serious, that was a pretty good economic point. We're gonna you're gonna give you an A for economics tonight, and I mean that seriously, that was a good one. People need to need to not only voted elections, but they also need to vote, you know, economically when you go somewhere. There's some items that I'm not buying. I mean, I know that there's been some items that have been pumped up by particularly items that I like. Okay, I'm not buying them, as simple as that, because I'm offended that, you know, cookies that you know, a couple of years ago were maybe two ninety nine are now five oh nine. It's like that's forty percent or maybe more, that's sixty seven percent. I don't care how much. That's way too much in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Wait, now, the girl Scout Cookies, I will not give up.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the Girl's Scout Cookies need to keep their cookies in the price range too. Unless you look at it and say, okay, give me two boxes of cookies that I'm going to give you one hundred dollars because I want to make a charitable contribution. But I'm not making a charitable contribution to some corporation if they've increased the price of cookies forty percent, trust me on that.
Speaker 4: Okay, see where that went? Well, see to see where that went? Huh girl, book you see where that went?
Speaker 1: Over time?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Dan, all right, thank you? Yeah, quick break here at nights I. This is a quick turnaround. We got Jack on the Cape coming up next, followed by Kevin. I got Susan and Cambridge into finally breaking the streak of all male callers, and I got Jim as well. So we're gonna get everybody in. Only line open sixty, that's the only one, and dial that. I'll get you in six, one, seven, two, five, ten thirty back after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World Nice Sight Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Oh. Next up to Jack down on Cape cod beautiful day of the Cape today. I hope for you, Jack.
Speaker 6: It certainly was. It really was. It's great to get out and see the coast in the water. But Dan, I'm i'm, I'm, I'm seventy and from my perspective, we have the United we have not had a recession real what I would consider a real recession since nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, two thousand, two thousand and seven, two.
Speaker 1: Thousand, Now listen to me.
Speaker 3: Now, go ahead, I'm listening. I just wanted to make account of right ahead.
Speaker 6: What they've done is they have papered over any of the necessary contractions of the economy, and that's why we've got a thirty seven trillion dollar.
Speaker 1: Deficit.
Speaker 3: Okay, I agree at that point.
Speaker 6: Okay, so a lot of this is just my perspective and analysis. But I see that they're they're they're they're concealing the collapse of the currency in both the stock market and housing. These are two massive into of a dollar dollars, I mean, and this also reflects upon the loss of the dollar as the reserve currency.
Speaker 1: So I think a lot.
Speaker 6: There's a lot going on here, and I really unfortunately, fortunately and for whatever, it's just the nature of economics, but I feel that a major contraction is necessary because the the basic number formula that we're operating under, I just don't see. It just doesn't work. Housing is just out of this world, and if housing's out of this world, the younger generation I'm thinking of, I think of them, and it's they got a tough road to home.
Speaker 3: Well everyone, let me say this, Jack, let me just give you a little bit of counter argument. Okay, as I say, I do believe the two thousand and seven two thousand and eight was a pretty tough recession under the waiting days of the Bush administration. But putting that behind us, housing in Greater Boston and on Cape Cod is very expensive, but there's a lot of people, a lot of places around the country where housing is not as expensive. So you know, we live in an extraordinarily expensive part of the state of the country. And ironically, ironically, more people today can work remotely from their home by virtue not just COVID, but by virtue of the skill set that that younger people have, their their ability to deal more comfortably with computers. And also there's a lot more jobs that companies are willing to pay people for, so people don't have to live within one twenty eight anymore.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, yeah, but these jobs are they're either this touches on musks, getting rid of the government workers. I mean, a lot of it is paper pushing, and a lot of this remote work is information pushing. It's not creating physical process I mean physical the physics. Okay. It's the difference between the physical economy and the electronic economy. And this stock market is an electronic economy. It's not real. And if if president as far as President Trump, I think he's getting a little caught up in the swamp and the Wall Street scenario, he's got to go back to main Street. This whole problem with our country is going to be solved on main Street, not Wall Street always is.
Speaker 3: But but what happened today is real. What might happen tomorrow? Israel Jack, I mean Wall Street is real? Okay, I mean there's there's people who lost money today.
Speaker 6: And our perception is as long as it goes up, it's good, and if it goes down, it's bad. But we have to look at what if it did really go down? What if what if the market went down to you know, nineteen eighty seven levels, Well, the dollars.
Speaker 3: That would be if the market went down to nineteen eighty seven levels, that would make that correction bigger than the Great Depression of nineteen twenty nine. Absolutely, all right, I don't think that's going to happen, but but you know, you never say never. The point is this, let's assume that the average home within one twenty eight is now a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Is that a fear assessment? What you said?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll, we'll, we'll take that.
Speaker 3: Okay. That means that there's some homes that are less than a million dollars. Uh, and there are some homes more than a million dollars, and salaries are greater today. The question is when the salaries are out of whack with the expense with the cost of the housing, then the housing's gonna have to come down because you're going to have fewer people able to buy that housing. What's the free market is all about? Here?
Speaker 6: And Dan, Yeah, well let's end this conversation. And I think that's where we are.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, we can we can end it at that point. Thanks, Jack, appreciate your calling very much. Have a good one. Next up, Kevin is in Walpole. Kevin next on Nightsig go right ahead, Dan, I was just.
Speaker 5: Gonna say, you know, listening to some of the callers, I actually think the whole thing is planned out. And what I mean by that is, I think we're over levered. I think the stock market was way over levered. I think Trump walked in thinking what does a what does a correction look like? It's usually a bust of a bubble, and I think they're trying to very carefully walk and let air out of the bubble. I think cheap, cheap interest rates for the last decade allowed companies to get over levered. I mean, why has Warren Buffett, why has he moved to over three hundred billion in cash and now just sitting on the sidelines. What does he do best when the market corrects and then he comes back in? And I believe real estate's overlevered. I believe from a decade of free or very low interest money, they have to very carefully let the air out of the bubble so it's not a major crash. And I think this beset seems very very intelligent. And I think what Trump's doing with all of this tariffs and this, what is he doing. He's sending uncertainty to a market that demands certainty, Like Wall Street functions on certainty.
Speaker 3: And by doing they don't demand it that they like it, they like.
Speaker 5: It, they like it demands the wrong word. But but but I think I think what he's doing is he's trying to help the main street down, which lowering getting interest rates down would do that. Well, if you take money out of the stock market and it's sitting on the sidelines and bank accounts aren't paying a lot, what do you do. You'll go to something safe like bonds. They need the bond yield to come down to lower long term interest rates. I do real estate deal things like that. You can't even find a good deal today. They're so thin and the cost of money is so high, and the and the properties have not come down. Usually when money used to go up interest rates, the values would come down. Neither one has given and something has to give. And I think Trump. I was not a Trump fan. I did end up voting for him because I couldn't vote for Kamala or but he was never my first choice. But I'll tell you, looking back in history, sometimes the right person is in the right job at the right time. You know, if a career politician came in, how would they do these cuts. He doesn't need to get re elected. He doesn't look for fred. He's not making friends. I think the stuff he's doing is so needed for us to remain a healthy country for the next hundred years. All right, how sustainable?
Speaker 3: One last time you made some you made interesting arguments that are based in uh, in pretty solid economic theory. I mean the the interest rates went up very high, uh in the last two or three years, and then they started to come back down. UH. Now they're going back up again. So it's it's like follow the bouncing ball here.
Speaker 5: Well, and if I read this correctly, of the forty trillion we're almost in debt, supposedly nine almost ten of it matures this the end of this year and needs to be refinanced. So if twenty five percent of the country's dead, it would it makes sense to artificially bring us into a recession to lower long term interest rates in an effort to to be able to refinance that debt at a lower rate. So I just think, I think he I'm hoping.
Speaker 3: I understand. Yeah, I understand the point you're making, but I think that you're giving him probably a little bit too much credit my be in my opinion, I just think that I didn't understand how they could allow the Zelensky deal to get to the point that it got to the other day. Your staff has to do that agreement in advance, so that even when Zelensky and and Trump would be sitting in the White House signing the deal, the deal was signed four hours ago. Uh, and they're just going through it. That was an astonishing, an astonishing moment. And I'm looking now at everything that is up in the air. He's opened up these tariffs. UH, Mexico and and UH and China and and Canada has said you want a war, You got a war. I just think you.
Speaker 5: They'd be fool to go to war. I think it's all white noise to bring that uncertainty to the market.
Speaker 3: And so you think, do you think that you think that Mexico and and and China and Canada are in on this this plot. Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 5: No, I don't, No, I don't. But I think they'll get hurt a lot worse than we will. And I think it's short term.
Speaker 3: Okay, we will, we will see yah. And I loved your call. Lot of substance to the call. Again, it's all theory. But guess what you know tomorrow, if all of us could have seen this, you could have pulled your money out of the market Friday at some point and said, Okay, we're gonna get a big bump down on Monday, and then you could go back in. I mean, you can't time the market. Anybody who's selling tomorrow.
Speaker 5: The greatest investor has Warren Buffetts moved to over three hundred billion in cash the last year. He saw this coming.
Speaker 3: Well, then let's see. Let's see where it plays out when Buffett starts to reinvest. Kevin, you've got to let us all know here on Night's side.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yep, good luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can get your investments done and then call us the next day. Fair enough, thanks Kevin. Back to some good, good analysis. We'll take a break. I got one line in six month seven two, and I got one line at six months seven nine. That's the tip, one line each each place. Fill it up. Coming back after this one night Side.
Speaker 2: It's night Side with Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Keep growing here. I'm gonna go to Susan and Cambridge. Susan, you were next on Nightside. Welcome back.
Speaker 7: Hey, good evening, Dan. I don't know where all the girls are at tonight, but yeah, I'm disappointed. So I figured I would give a call, which is always dangerous on a Monday, because you know, there's a whole week ahead and I got, you know, miss out on things later in the week to call him out.
Speaker 3: Give you a haul passed. Since you were brave enough to call tonight, you got a hall pass for the rest of the week as well. Rob marked that down.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Susan, Okay, thanks so much. So I love these callers who are like, you know, he's playing four dimensional chests here, you know that what we're up to, look, I think it's chaos, and I think that, uh, you know, even if we were going to try and use terrors strategically, there's a question of timing and would this be the right time to do it, because you have an economy and a world economy that's coming back from the pandemic from everybody had inflation worldwide and things were just starting to you know, we had supply change disrupted all that, and we've just started to you know finally that had kind of been pieced back together and interest rates were starting to come down, prices were no longer going up at the same rate, and so, you know, is that the best time to suddenly turn it all you know, turn it all up again, like I just think, just on a basic timing issue, it's it's the wrong time to do it.
Speaker 3: But well, but there's a lot going on too. I mean this you've got obviously you have forget. I haven't even mentioned the Middle East. Hamas is still holding hostages. They don't know how many of them are dead, how many of them are alive. So you got that situation which is an open sore.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: You have all the stuff that he said earlier about we're going to turn it into you know, the Riviera on the mediterrane or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna somehow take and that's that was kind of crazy, just as a whole lot here that that you would say, I mean, how many of these things are you going to take on simultaneously? These are people and you know, I listened to the press sect. Terry every day holds a news conference and says things are going great. The executive orders, the layoffs, the cutbacks, the closing of departments. You know, you got to give the Democrats credit. They gave him all of the nominations he wanted, controversial and otherwise. So he kind of turned around to say, well, you didn't give me this guy you give me that that woman that he got all of them. To the rest of my knowls, I don't think one one was rejected.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 3: So. I if it all goes south here, he's not going to be able to point fingers he helped, you know, Bell do it.
Speaker 7: He'll still be blamed blaming Biden and Hillary till the day he dies. But I just wanted to say specifically on tariff. Yeah, I want to break them down into two different categories. One is like for manufacturing and one is for like goods, uh, you know, farm goods, et cetera. So he's lying, well, can I point out that he renegotiated NAFTA in his last term, So he's complaining about things with Canada that he negotiated. The two hundred percent tariff on eggs or on dairy products is actually not a two hundred percent tariff. What it is is if it goes above a certain level of US dairy imports, then that kicks in. It never goes above that level, but he negotiated that, that was in his last term. So and then you have the question of manufacturing. Well, I mean from the experts I've heard, there is nothing that is made these days, that is made if it has more than two components, that is made in just one country. Things go back and forth all over the place, like components come from different places all over the world. How are you going to like realign all of that?
Speaker 5: Like that's well the way.
Speaker 3: On that, No, your your your question. But how do you relign it? You realign it by trying to get to the point where no one's charging tariffs. I mean, that's right, Okay, that's the goal. I mean, if you're selling you know today in the goal, but if you're selling beer from Massachusetts that people in Canada want to drink, you know, it should go over the board. At the same time, when Molson sends their beer down here, we shouldn't be throwing tariffs on there because all it does tariffs make it expensive for the for the end consumer. And Republicans for years and years and years said, you know, fair trade is no tariffs. So the goal is fine, But the implementation of the goal and to open up a trade war with China, Mexico and Canada simultaneously, I just.
Speaker 7: Think, and just to point out on the manufacturing front, he's he's actually talking now about district trying the Chips Act, which was a bipartisan deal that was supposed to, you know, bring back semiconductor manufacturing to the US by all you know measures, but it.
Speaker 3: Was well, wait a second, it was a bipartisan deal that sent all that stuff overseas back. You've got to go back to nineteen ninety six when Clinton and Gingrich basically.
Speaker 7: Sorry, but now it's been Biden brought it back.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know how fast it's come back. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Oh that's what this act is trying to do. And he's saying it's a horrible, horrible and he wants to gut it now.
Speaker 3: So well, I don't know enough about that specific I don't know. I do know this that that we had a lot of chips prior to ninety six that were made in Puerto Rico, and we only seemed to have it. Became aware of it when the supply chain problems associated with COVID were explained to us as Americans, and we said, was our chips are being manufactured in Taiwan. So I don't know. I don't have that that data in front of me. Okay, uh, anything that he can do to bring chips back to the US. Manufacturing in the US is a good thing. I guess we're arguing about how it's being done. That's my problem.
Speaker 7: Weally said why he wants to get the chips ACKed? I mean except that you know it was negotiated, you know, And by by I mean he really has.
Speaker 3: Maybe he feels maybe he feels is not. I don't know, but but that is lost at this point in the stuff that we've seen, that Zolensky dvance or Trump WrestleMania in the OVERLA it was crazy. It was crazy. I will agree with you in that because I saw it with my own eyes. I don't know.
Speaker 10: Which is just.
Speaker 7: I mean, I actually think they're creating more waste than they're than they're cutting at the moment, I.
Speaker 3: Want to see. What I want to see is specific. Show me what you've cut. Show you know. We all know that this waste. There's no question about that. There's waste in the federal government. Would you agree with that? I hope? Can we agree? Sure? So if Elon Musk or if William Proxmyer was the ghost of William Proxmyer, who was a Democratic Senator from Wisconsin who used to basically every year rail against that stuff if they if they can, whoever it is, gets it out, Let's get it out because I want my tax dollars to go for to defend the country and to help people who need help. Is that too much to ask?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 7: But I think bringing in somebody who knows absolutely nothing about how you know, the government runs and having him take a sledgehammer to things rather than a more you know.
Speaker 11: Scout right.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm saying I have said that. But what I want to see is I want to see results. I want to see results, specific results. Susan, great call. I got to keep rolling here though. Okay, you got your time of the night. Okay, and you get it awesome. Thanks all right, let me I want to get Jim in here. Jimmy've been very patient. Gets you in before the break, right ahead.
Speaker 8: Jim, And thanks for getting me in before the break. Thank you for taking my call. So lots of really good h feedback here. So as hard as I try to avoid the invest commercials, I still end up hearing enough of them that I'm an actual expert on stock market. So here's the deal.
Speaker 9: It's it's rocket science, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist. In order to use it and understand.
Speaker 8: First of all, there's risk involved. You're supposed to be diversified. Your diversification is supposed to be based on your adversity to risk. And my this is my personal observation. When securities go up, come on of these go down, and generally speaking, when securities go down, commodities go up. So you know it shouldn't You shouldn't have so much money in there that in any way, in a way that's gonna really hurt you. So I don't think you should be pulling money. I don't understand why people are pulling money out of there, but I don't understand everything about So that's my observation.
Speaker 3: Look, I think we would agree panic selling is not a good thing. Okay, anybody who's who panics and gets scared. You can't be afraid in the market. You got to say to yourself, Okay, bad day, let's try to see what happens. I think there may be more bad days, but I'm staying with the market because that over my lifetime, you stay, you stay, and you buy, and you you invest when you can on the downside. But but I just think that this has been a really rough couple of weeks beginning with the Zelensky meeting, and and it's been a rough tent It's been a rough ten days. Frankly for the first ten days of March after the Zelenski meeting on the twenty eighth, been a top bunch of tough days for this administration. And they came in with wind at their back, and I think that wind is slowly but surely swinging in the other direction. And for this to happen this quickly, they better get their act together too.
Speaker 9: Well. I agree with you on the wind, I I agree, but I disagree with you. Better get their act together because I think the United States is by far the strongest, most wealthiest, productive country in the world. And I think he's just trying to introduce everyone else to that idea and they're not taking it very well. But eventually they will. We'll get through to them, and then we will re take our eat.
Speaker 8: With the right hand.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 9: But I just I just think that people, he's you know, he's just establishing his you know, his power. He's letting everybody know I'm the boss.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't like it if you don't like.
Speaker 3: It, as long as long as you win as long as you win to fight you it can be the toughest guy in the block, but you got to win every fight, Okay. And I think that, Look, i've made my point here. I think you've made yours. And I think that it's going to get a little choppy. It's going to probably get more choppy before it gets smooth. And in the meantime, you take a day off the calendar, a day off the calendar, and the Republicans are wasting time, in my opinion.
Speaker 9: Something else.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you that. I just found out Canada started the tariff thing by putting a twenty five percent tariff on Chinese made electric cars about a year ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been in a fight. China and Canada have been a fight as well for on a number.
Speaker 8: Of so they don't really have too much. They don't really have too much mean to complain about tariffs.
Speaker 11: All right, I gotta go, all right, thank you, Jim, have a great night.
Speaker 3: We'll be back on nightside right after the break. I got some call. If you want to, I get you in six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty Back on Nightside. Been an interesting conversation. A lot of smart people in my audience tonight, whether you agree or disagree with them, people are bringing their a game, which is well we ask you to do here on Nightside.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: All Right, folks, all of a sudden, couple of folks dropped off here, feel free. I would love to know. I get concerned about the stock market. If you're a Trump supporter, did you expect this. It's been a rough ten days from the moment of the Zelensky meeting in the Oval Office. This president, I think at this point, has spent a lot of political capital, and I'm telling you that, uh, it's the hounds are going to turn on him real quickly.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: He's got uh, he's got a debt ceiling vote coming up later this week. There's there's a lot on his plate. And I think that whether you're a supporter or not, you're gonna look at him a little differently. He I mean just from last when you when you go back to what last Tuesday night. Uh, he looked in pretty good shape at the Congressional speech, the speech to the Joint Session of Congress today. This was a rough day for the administration. Six six, seven nine. Going to go to Mike in Beverly. Next, Mike, you're next on nightside.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Mike, Hey, Dan Hawaii.
Speaker 11: Can hear me?
Speaker 3: I can hear you? Find Mike. I know you're support order of President Trump from a prior phone calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Then he's fifty days in. Then five oh, fifty days in. I mean one thing quickly, I'm a chip sacked. Why we like that, Lady Biden spent taxpayer money to fund a business for that ship sack, And that's why Trump wasn't changing. He isn't want to use taxpayer money to fund a private business. That's what that was about, which I support. Okay, Okay, that was that about.
Speaker 3: How do you feel after the performance of the stock market in the last ten days.
Speaker 11: It's a correction, then it is what it is. Then, I mean my heroes up and then down. You know, I mean, I get it. You know it's a correction, and I've watched people today.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 11: Don't freak out. He's fifty days in. Joe Biden left.
Speaker 1: Us in a mess.
Speaker 11: He would blow money out like water, So like, how can it you know, just fifty days. He's not more than fifty days? Is binding four years?
Speaker 4: Don't panic.
Speaker 3: I'm not panicking. I'm not panicking. I'm not asking questions. I'm asking questions. That's what I do for a living. I asked questions again.
Speaker 11: But the thing, like the thing was like totally like he was as like went off the rails and Joe Biden have the same.
Speaker 10: Wait.
Speaker 3: The Zolensky situation was the result of bad staff work, okay, because Zolensky never should have been invited to the White House. If if there was even an inkling that that meeting was going to blow up, You've never seen.
Speaker 11: I know, but Dererey had a deal already lying up just to sign. They just wanted to do a correct first thing in the front.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying to you, and I don't think you're you're hearing me, is it was bad staff work on the Trump administration that never should have happened. Zelenski never should have been invited to the White House until it was signed, sealed, and delivered. And you don't freelance in front of the media in the Oval Office and have a meeting devolved to what that what that was that's bad staff work. All right, Mike, I got one more. I'm gonna give you. Thank you much, have a good one. Let me go to Jim and hide park. Jim, you are next on nice. I go ahead, Jim.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks there. I enjoy your prokrew very well. But I got one problem here, and.
Speaker 3: I was just you just got one problem, come on, good with this one.
Speaker 1: I have a lot furthermore. But I was always too to follow the money, mister muss is fine. Uh what was that about fifty so many thousands of people? And he's often him twenty five thousand dollars to quit the cut? Just where is that money coming from? With the coming in the way it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Know what he what he said was and I don't I don't know where that figure of the twenty five thousand came from. Remember, initially they said, if you choose to resign from office, you will be you will be paid through September. Now, knowing the federal the average federal salary in Washington, that's a lot more than twenty five thousand dollars, Okay, So I mean it's it's it's probably more like seventy five thousand, and what they didn't do was they should. So if you're some sixty nine year old old employee and you're ready to retire, why not take take the puye out? They should have said, it should have been. It just wasn't done well.
Speaker 1: He did out understood if you took a buyout, you couldn't get unemployment. Is that correct?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: You might be.
Speaker 3: You may be right, but it would seem to me that before I would take a buyout, I would want to know, you know, depending upon your circumstances. If I had another job lined up, I wouldn't worry about unemployment. But if I was taking a buyout, uh and didn't have a job prospect lined up, you bet I've contributed, you know, would have contributed to the unemployment fund. So, Jimmy Ray's good questions I don't have. I don't have all the answers, But do me a favor. Keep calling. I'll give you more time next time. Thanks for calling. Okay, keep calling because you made some really good points. And there's a lot of this stuff which I don't know the answer to, and I want to know the answer to. I want to know who are these people? Yeah, that's it. We've been we've been told a lot of stuff and we haven't represented with a lot of evidence. That troubles me, that worries me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Okay, we're gonna get Lola in here from San Diego. Lola, I can give you only about a minute, but boy, it's good to hear your voice.
Speaker 10: How you doing, Wow, Dan, Well, everything's the same as it was before I left. But we're talking about, you know, not what's going on in Watertown, but what's going on in the country. So, yep, a couple of couple of quick things. We had all these beautiful factories in the North East corridor and they moved him to the south because the labor was cheaper. So all the cotton mills went to Alabama. And then they figured out it's cheaper, bigger profit margin to go to Mexico.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 10: So the greedy, greedy CEOs and CFOs of the United States.
Speaker 3: Lola, I got ten seconds for you. You got to finish in ten seconds.
Speaker 10: Well, you were talking about all the businesses going to Mexico. That's why.
Speaker 3: Now okay, well we'll see, we'll see, Lola. I flat out of time. I got a run. Thank you so much for calling. We're done for the night. Rob Brooks, great job, Marie, a great job. All the callers, all the listeners, all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my Pelle, Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's all. Your pets are our past. They loved you and you love them. I do think you'll see them again. I hope to see Gandemore night at Night's side.
Speaker 1: Everyone.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much for listening. Have a great Tuesday. Everyone. I'll be on Facebook in just a couple of minutes.