Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 2: Rode Ryle, come on now, wakey, wake your hands off, Snakey rot Ryan show check it in Throwback Thursday, our first Throwback Thursday, the twenty twenty five, our first everything this week of twenty twenty five. I think the most important thing or the thing that people are.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to most.
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody loves freshout of Bad, and nobody wants all these great tickets. But man, we're doing something different than we've never done before. Listener, Lindsey is going to join us in studio. I saw a Chili posted a picture of her yesterday on our Facebook page. She's gonna command and play Read my lips against either Alex or Chili. Will flip a coin that's going down at A twenty. But yeah, my name is Jeff is back on the freshout of Bad Head to Head Challenge. It's been changes every morning on this game. We'll play at six twenty. Pierce the Veiled tickets at seven to twenty. Read my lips for Buzzfest tickets, Monster Jam tickets at nine. Deftones tickets on No THEA Show. Guys, we said it. They told us to tell you this.
Speaker 1: Her rain is happening. Eighty percent chance of Shawers Cloudy Skuy's high today of around forty six. Alex my Man with Houston's Headlines, Mrie Rod, Good morning, home room.
Speaker 3: Well, the big story everywhere is the wildfires in California.
Speaker 1: They continue to cause havoc.
Speaker 3: The five wildfires that are currently going on have forced over one hundred thousand people to evacuate their homes.
Speaker 1: It's caused a ton of damage.
Speaker 3: California Governor Gavin Newsom says right now that there's seventy five hundred firefighters that have.
Speaker 1: Been deployed to battle those fires.
Speaker 3: Thousands of homes and structures have already been destroyed because a lot of the stuff is like lround La. You're just seeing like the high school that Carry and Freaky Friday were filmed at was one of the ones that's gone. And there's just a bunch of iconic things that are just kind of getting damaged and burning down. And then the list of celebrities' homes that are going up. I mean it, that's making the headlines, right. We just got this, just got sent to us.
Speaker 2: The iHeartRadio alter Ego show is canceled, not rescheduled, canceled man due to the wildfires.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna talk about that this morning, okay, and some other news.
Speaker 3: President Joe Biden has declared today a national Day of Morning to honor former President Jimmy Carter, who passed away on December twenty ninth at the age of one hundred. Carter's official state funeral will be held today at the Washington National Cathedral in DC. As part of the declaration, President Biden ordered that flag be flown at half staff for thirty days.
Speaker 1: Good news for coffee drinkers.
Speaker 3: A new study says that you'll live longer than non coffee drinkers. The only catch is you gotta stop drinking by noon. According to the study, people that only drink coffee in the morning have a sixty percent lower risk of dying and a thirty one percent lower risk of dying from heart disease compared to non coffee drinkers. Those benefits did disappear for all of those coffee drinkers that drink it afternoon. So if you're doing it all day, just cut it out. Do it in the morning. And then then you'll be good.
Speaker 1: But you can live a lot longer. Rod, I'm now a coffee drinker. I never drink afternoon. Yeah, so yeah, you're gonna live a lot longer now. Dude will be around forever.
Speaker 3: And some entertainment news, Jennifer Lopez and't Ben Affleck finalized their divorced earlier this week.
Speaker 1: The big news.
Speaker 3: Out of that story, though, is that Lopez will be keeping her five point six million dollars eight point five carrot green diamond engagement ring. Fun fact with that ring, it's engraved. It's engraved with the phrase not going anywhere. Looks like she went somewhere. Jalo supposedly keeps all of her rings, which means that she now has a collection of six engagement rings worth an estimated seventeen million dollars.
Speaker 1: Holy yeah, pretty nuts.
Speaker 3: In music news, taking Back Sunday, drummer Mark O'Connell announced that he's leaving the band after twenty four years. In a post on Instagram, O'Connell says his departure wasn't an easy decision and that it wasn't entirely his own. He also went on to say that he may have left the band but he's not going away and he plans to release some solo music with some old friends in the future. Taking back Sunday has made no comment yet about his departure. That Houston's headlines, well, let's do some sports, all right. Well, the college football playoffs semi finals begin tonight. Notre Dame is going to take on Penn State in the Orange Bowl. That'll kick off at six thirty and you can watch it on ESPN. Winner of that game will face either Texas or Ohio State in the National Championship game on January twentieth.
Speaker 1: Those two will play tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: And in basketball, Rockets are back in action and again looking for another win.
Speaker 1: They're taking on the Grizzlies in Memphis.
Speaker 3: Tip off at seven o'clock and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports, all right. Let's go, guys, let's go.
Speaker 2: Four Hours of Pain should be an interesting show doing things that we've never ever ever done before.
Speaker 1: I love it, I love it. Let's go. Who wants the first phone call? Chiley said, He's ready.
Speaker 2: Seven one, three, two, The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four five The Buzz Lincoln Park Paper Cut. Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show throw Back Thursday. I hope you guys are ready to get out there and do a little voting. The voting will be done right there on LinkedIn guests, So you're on Thursday's good this week.
Speaker 1: You don't have an excuse. It's a very difficult decision for me. You have it in front of you. I I just was I have it right now. Pull it up real quick, guy, because because I got this, it just came down.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Listen, there's plenty of other things to worry about your headline.
Speaker 1: The fires are.
Speaker 2: Continuing in California, and now they're starting to talk about cancelations and things that aren't going to happen. There's already talk about, you know what about that football game at SOFI Stadium this weekend. These are not important things. These are people that I have lost everything. There are people that have lost their lives. But the cancelations and the things they're talking about, the oscars, you know that they might not be able to go down. Our iHeartRadio Alter Ego Festival this weekend is canceled. Okay, it is absolutely canceled. So refunds if you bought tickets to our show out there in California. Refunds will be available at your point of purchase after ten am tomorrow. But you know, we want you guys just to stay safe. That's not an area you want to be flying into right now. So we're getting some of that stuff. Do you have to throw back those?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I feel like the Wizard is just trying to mess with me.
Speaker 3: It's new Politics, Harlem, Newfound Glory, my friends over you and new radicals.
Speaker 1: You get what you give. It's a new year. New is the theme of all of the bands.
Speaker 2: Gotcha very clever of the Wizard, New Politics. I can't not think of Dinah when I think of that band. She loved them, she she had she had a cool rapport with that singer, and she's the one that turned me on to that band.
Speaker 5: Band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the lead singers like spitting a round on his head. Yeah. If I'm thinking of the same band, WK like an entire band of it. Yeah. All right, well that's gonna be good. I'm gonna get you guys voting on that. Should I be chili? Are you okay?
Speaker 6: I am wonderful?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 6: For asking. Okay, my lamberts are good too.
Speaker 1: Your hemorrhoids are good. Okay, yeah that was yesterday. Okay. I went to go look at the phones. Do the phones work? Oh? Wait, there you are, Chilli. Hi, are the phones working? Yeah?
Speaker 6: The phones are working. Because I called him from my cell phone and he was.
Speaker 1: On it's working. So just nobody wants to talk to us? Is it this morning? It seems weird? Did I not ask for the first phone?
Speaker 7: You did ask for the first call? I did, Yeah, because you said Chile is ready and waiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's ready.
Speaker 7: So I think I think it's because you said that I was ready.
Speaker 6: When I'm not ready. They want to mess with me, so they call.
Speaker 1: But I didn't give up the phone number. But I just kind of assume that everyone's got it now seven one, three, two five.
Speaker 2: We don't have anyone that wants to take the first phone call today.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling about Lindsey.
Speaker 6: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 7: I talked to her yesterday before I left the station, and she was excited. Of course, she said she was gonna be a little bit nervous, but I was like, don't worry about it. We're gonna have fun. You just get here and you'll enjoy it. So she's ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, it looks like I'm just gonna raw dog these chili normally kind of you know. His job is to make sure that the phone sounds good to go on the air. I'm raw dogging.
Speaker 4: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Is this Oscar?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's Oscar here?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you call before? I was talking about nobody calling?
Speaker 8: Because you say I made it, but I think I mean.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, how are you today, Oscar?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great today.
Speaker 9: I'm on my civil school right now.
Speaker 2: All right, bro, hey listen, thanks for being there for us, Oscar. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Is this Heather? Good morning? Thank you for calling.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Ashley? Ashley, You're the best. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I just thought nobody was there. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this now?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Who's this? Good morning? Hello?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 2: I know if somebody's there, just say hi, come on, I'm having issues. I feel like nobody's listening to us.
Speaker 1: Say something? No, hung up? Good morning, Lauri? Right right, yo? Who's this?
Speaker 9: This is Daniel?
Speaker 1: Daniel, Thanks for being there for me. Thank you. Okay, there's people out there. I gotta take a break. Women come back check for you.
Speaker 2: The phones are working. That's good news because I got to get people calling in to win these things. We want to play Fresh out of.
Speaker 1: Bed Head to Head, We got to do all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just gotta do a field test live on the air with the phones. When we get back, like I said, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head. Because my name is Jeff is back on US Rock and All te.
Speaker 4: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to am.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everybody, Throw Back Thursday. And Alex was right, they're the radio Wizard. He's going all new for twenty twenty five, Newfound Glory, New Politics, New Radicals.
Speaker 1: The biggest song in there is the New Radicals. You get what you give. That's just a banger. It's like it's almost not fair to the other bands.
Speaker 2: That song was so huge and still it's just anthemic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like that's going to probably be the winner. I would be very happy with any of these.
Speaker 2: Okay, Claudie's Skuys eighty percent chance of showers, today, so be careful out there on the roads.
Speaker 1: Hies them around forty six. What do you see out there trending?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean everything on the internet is pretty much Pacific Palisades fire. That's the big one of the five fires going on in California right now.
Speaker 2: And a lot of the celebrity names that you see, you're like, well, what are they doing? What's Mandy Moore doing right now? It's just it's their house, you know, they either lost it or they've had to evacuate. So that's where you're seeing a lot of celebrity names floating around on the internet right now. James Woods is a big Hollywood actor. He's been around a long time. He was on CNN and just completely broke down in his interview just because he's talking about everything that's happening. But then I think it hits him during the interview, Oh my god, I lost everything.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: You know, you can only grab so much. People are evacuating. We know what that's like here. A lot of us do know to leave your home, but everything's gone, and everything's gone for a lot of people, and.
Speaker 3: One hundred thousand people have had to evacuate their homes it's it's it's terrible.
Speaker 1: Not just celebrities, but that's why you're seeing a lot of those names. What else is trending well?
Speaker 3: Jimmy Carter is also trending. It is a national day of morning for the former president of his state. Funeral is being held today in Washington, d C. We've got flags flying at half mass.
Speaker 2: I think that means when we talk to Hall, I don't think the stock market's open. I don't think banks are doing their thing. I don't think you're gonna get don't think you're gonna get mailed today. Businesses will be open, but some of those types of things, I don't think it are gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Any federal stuff could be closed. And Sistagram Thursday is also trending. It was submitted by Dusty this morning. Kirvy Queen Habibi is what we got and I haven't got a chance to go look at it yet, but it looks like people are pretty happy with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the number one link today. Chili's new number one. Welcome Kirby Queen BB top four on the year for me. Yeah, this is Chili's number one. That's what's trending on ninety five the Bush. This is Chilei's number one on the year already forever.
Speaker 10: Good morning, everybody. My name is Jeff Schucking everybody at twenty twenty five because I am your fresh out of bed head to Head one day champion, turning Killer Cody into one pump Chump.
Speaker 6: I am also a one time.
Speaker 10: Hall of Famer inviting you to join me on Thursday when I make you win number two.
Speaker 1: Where is it? Pictures there? It is? Thank you Jeff.
Speaker 2: Well you want to take Jeff on, I have already you know you guys all heard the phones are working so you can call in and play the game seven one, three, two two five The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The US ninety four or five The Buzz Eve six inside Out. I was very disappointed yesterday during the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head. I don't remember the last time. You know, Tessa was in charge of the questions for five years. I don't think she ever put a buzz artist or a buzz music question in. No, and I put one in yesterday, and now I see why she's never done that. Yesterday's questions Feel Good Ink was a song by What Buzz Band nobody chimed in Killer Cody and Jeff did not know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what that do me?
Speaker 11: For a.
Speaker 2: I thought they were saying that, but they're saying feels good in the song. So I was just listening to that. I'm like, what buzz band does the song inside out? I'm not using that as a question now. Thanks guys, ruined everything. Eighty chance of showers today, cloudy skies higher forty six.
Speaker 1: Please be careful out there.
Speaker 8: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners. I lived Jeff here.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: My name is Jeff. Hi, Jeff, good boy, good morning, good morning. Feel good Ink, Feel Good Ink by the Gorillas.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jeff, because I wrote up about fifty questions for this year, and there's at least three questions about music in there, and I'm gonna take them because of Jeff and not just.
Speaker 1: You kill get rid of all of them all right, Hey, Jeff, you're a one time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: You came back to us yesterday. You uh you won. There's been nothing but one pump chumps this year. Okay, bro, break the cycle.
Speaker 1: I will do this. Okay, Well, big Lou, and I know Big Lou's gonna say, Rod, I knew that. I knew the Gorilla is the Dead song. No, you didn't, Lou. You did not, did not, did not, Lou. I would have won.
Speaker 6: I could have got through yesterday. I would have won it on that first question.
Speaker 1: That's what they all say. Slow fast Andrews said, do what you ask me those questions. I would have won. I had it yesterday.
Speaker 6: I was on it. Man.
Speaker 1: Well let's see if you got it today, Big Lou. Welcome to the game.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, you guys are you guys are playing for some Jerry Cantrell tickets? You wary twenty sixth House of Blues, Big Lou, you haven't been.
Speaker 1: In the Hall of Fame. Huh. You just kind of come in and bother us for a couple of Do what I do?
Speaker 6: I come in.
Speaker 1: I have never won more than one game.
Speaker 12: I've always been.
Speaker 1: A one pump Jeff. I still love you, buddy, very very It's on brand for twenty twenty five, so I know. But I'm hoping to break that cycle this year.
Speaker 2: Okay, at least at least don't break it today. You want Jeff to be a one pump jump. Here's your questions, guys, no questions about music. Don't worry, Oh, don't worry. Here we go, Lou, Jeff, Alex. Please listen carefully. What's the name of the place In large cities you go to see lots of animals and enclosures. You got Lou on that, loue Lou, Lou up the zoo, Yes, Lou the zoo, the Lozue.
Speaker 1: Zoo, Lou with the zoo. Okay, the Loo morning Zoo. Okay, yeah, there's that, had the morning show.
Speaker 2: You'd have to name it that. Okay, lose on the board. My name is Jeff.
Speaker 1: Jeff was ladder on that, but Lou sniped him.
Speaker 2: You guys were very close. Question number two. My name is Jeff, one time Hall of Famer needs this to stay in the game. Whose nose grew longer? Jeff, Jeff Pinochio.
Speaker 1: Every time you lied, that was quick. Every time you lied that was really quick. It was really quick. Here we go for the win, Jeff and Lou. If you freeze water, what do you get? Look? Who do you got?
Speaker 6: Lou? I?
Speaker 1: Wow, you guys were.
Speaker 2: Insanely evenly matched today. Wow, Lou Paul's wild Lou on the ice question. My name is Jeff.
Speaker 1: Back to back to back one pump Chumps, Jeff, I hope you hear back from you. I'll see you. Okay, Lou, you're the king of one pump Chumps. There's been three of them in a row. You can't you. Tomorrow is Friday. You have to win. You may not a Hall of Famer again.
Speaker 9: Not God.
Speaker 6: I'm confident.
Speaker 1: I always year for loot, the year for you keeping up to doing what you always do, or the year to do something different.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna do something different.
Speaker 1: I like that, all right. There's Big Lou Ryan Show, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz that's bad omens and just pretend Rod Ryan Show six thirty on this Throwback Thursday, encouraging you all to get out there and vote on the Throwback Thursday song that'll be played at nine point thirty. It's all new for twenty twenty five, Newfound Glory, my friends over you, new politics, Harlem, new radicals. You get what you give, all right. I already got a guy bitching. How can new orders not in there? There's there's a there's fifty other games. Okay, we didn't put new addition in there.
Speaker 6: He ain's have the nude either.
Speaker 1: Speaking of bitching Tony over here, I don't think it's Detroit Tony. He said, Hey, dude, if you want anybody in the Hall of Fame this year, maybe you better get Tessa writing the questions again. Well, you don't have that option. We're four days in. Nobody could be in the Hall of Fame right now.
Speaker 6: It would literally be a boss.
Speaker 1: He could only be on win four eight, Chance of showers, cloudy skies higher forty six. Frank got a bad head to head challenge.
Speaker 8: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 13: Good morning, everybody, this big Lou. I know in the past I've been the king of one pump chump and this year seems to be the year of one pump chump. So you need me to break the cycle? I am you're fresh out of bed. Head to head one day, chance, Alex, put all your chips on me. We'll see, because I'm gonna make it win number two on Friday.
Speaker 2: Bitches, I mean, where's other John? Have we had a week? Have we had an entire week of one pump chumps?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 2: It could happen tomorrow, and I think my money is that it's never happened before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember. I really don't. I don't really remember it happened ever, somebody losing every other day. Let's go, it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 12: We make you look smart and body, it's the the.
Speaker 1: Day, all right. Stick around.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have some Satan Vincent tickets coming up for you on the flashback.
Speaker 1: But I brought us some new fun facts for you guys today. The best selling video game in history an he guesses? Is it an old one?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Grand Theft Auto No incorrect, Alex, what have we got? Bet your big lou nos, I know everything right now.
Speaker 2: The best selling video game in history is now Minecraft, oh.
Speaker 1: Three hundred million copies sold.
Speaker 2: The only other game to sell more than one hundred million copies is Grand Theft Auto five at two hundred and five million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were ninety five million off well second place still yeah, silver Metal buddy, Minecraft? Wow? Do you play that? No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: You almost looked at me, like no, No, I play other children's games like Fortnite, okay, like a man eleanor Roosevelt. Bad bitch issue. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She refused to let secret Service members travel with her when she was first lady.
Speaker 1: She carried her own pistol.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 1: Who I would say. That qualifies as a bad bitch for sure. Uh God, my mom, I don't have to call her and tell her about this today. The guy that invented cotton candy was a dentist from Tennessee. That's neat fun fact. Tell you, I'm fifty five years old.
Speaker 2: I only had cotton candy two years ago for the very first time in my life. Because what's my mom's line? We would ask for what every fair we went to. Okay, it'll rot your teeth out.
Speaker 1: It's pure sugar. It'll rot your teeth out. Followed up with a shut up, you know why?
Speaker 12: It's the fuck Back to the day we make you look smart.
Speaker 1: Back to the day Saint Vincent April eighth, White Oak Music Hall. You want to go your.
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 2: It is what's the what's the most common street name in the United States of America? Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 2: Okay, our money guy just again all week refused. This doesn't want any FaceTime with us at all. Well, I don't know how much are you working today? Hal, good morning.
Speaker 9: Today's a travel day.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys tomorrow, but are the markets open today?
Speaker 9: The stock market is closed, okay, the bond market has early closed, gotcha? So yeah, all financial institutions are closed all right today?
Speaker 1: That national day of morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, there you go. I know you had some of that stuff prepared. I just couldn't wait to hear it from you. So how do we do on Wall Street?
Speaker 1: Yesterday?
Speaker 9: A mixeddale Wall Street. The Dow was up one hundred and six points kick off this morning at forty two thousand, six hundred and thirty five, Nasdaq down ten points to nineteen thousand, four hundred and seventy eight. Mets Mark ten year treasuries trading at a four point six six percent in oil SCANSUS seventy three dollars forty four cents of barrel to the much active the big studs United Health, Coca Cola, and three M the big dads Johnson, Johnson, Walt Disney, and Merk. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on coulsale inventories for November right now. Well, the futures they're all over the place. Doesn't really matter if market's close today.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 9: I'm out of here. This is Hollan And managed director with Raymon James forty for a lot of runs up. Raymond James on Sandfleet and the gout said no, forget toys, the rock out, We'll just stock out.
Speaker 11: Bemian's expressed are those of Helland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associate of zancome ebernoit at IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 4: We'll continue.
Speaker 11: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your m This program is an educational and informational services on the studs of does are based on movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show on this Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Sandra, good morning, Good morning, Sandra. I love having you in homeroom.
Speaker 2: I love that you're here and I hope you win the fun Fact flashback.
Speaker 1: I gotta ask, do you try to call in for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge?
Speaker 11: Not for the head to head, but I always do the fresh out of it or the fun fact.
Speaker 1: You do? All right?
Speaker 2: You don't want to play that silly game, too silly for you.
Speaker 4: Nah, I'm much a commitment.
Speaker 1: I hear you, like, I'm not.
Speaker 2: What if I win four days? I gotta be here four days in a row? Who wants that, Sandra? Fun fact flashback? What's the most common street name in the US?
Speaker 4: Second Street?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew you knew it. Congratulations. Yeah, that was a bit of a trick question.
Speaker 2: The theory is that towns will name their first street either First Street or Main Street, but they pretty much always go with Second Street after that.
Speaker 1: So you're super smart, Sandra. You've got Saint Vincent tickets April eighth, White Oak Music Hall. Okay, thank you man, thank you. Happy New Year, Hey, Alexa.
Speaker 7: Play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety.
Speaker 4: Four point five to bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Bud ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show through back Thursday. Whenny gets song clips out of the way early, Sure we can do that. Do that next hour we'll talk about the songs.
Speaker 2: It's all new, new, new for twenty twenty five. So we'll play some song clips for you. We'll give you Pierce the Veil.
Speaker 1: Tickets next hour and then I think it's one of the most.
Speaker 2: Anticipated games in years because it's so Read my Lips. Guys keep sending me words suggestions for reading my lips.
Speaker 1: Lindsey, who is Lindsay. Lindsay listens to the show, and she went on our website and said she would like to come down and play Read my Lips. We're giving that opportunity in the.
Speaker 2: Interim for one of you to come down and take on the twins and read my Lips. So Lindsay said she's excited about it.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Chili posted her photo up on Facebook yesterday this is who's coming in. So we're excited. We're excited. I got kin cake over there. I did you eat the whole thing like you normally do?
Speaker 1: No, that was a piece of kin cake. Did you eat the whole thing? I split it in my wife. You took it home, Yeah, it was on my side. You gave it to you, Ma CHOI he took your kin cake. That was for me. It was what piece it was for everybody. It was a large piece, all right, that was enough for Yeah, that was enough for two people. Eighty percent chance of showers today, cloudy skuys hit the diabetes. Hi have forty six. Lindsay, I brought you in kin cake. Alex took it. Now you did it, you boy it me and Chilie's share. I brought it for everybody, including Lindsay. What are Houston's headlines? Please you kids, We're a sandwich track. I brought you a sandwich. There's one sandwich just for everybody. Listen to all of us. There's one sucker. Everybody got a lift. We can have passed there. All right, let's go serious here. So it's still trending.
Speaker 2: Like you said all morning, these horrific wildfires out in California.
Speaker 3: They're continuing to cause havoc out there. The five wildfires that are currently going on to force over one hundred thousand people to evacuate their homes. California Governor Gavin Newsom says that seventy five hundred firefighters have been deployed and are battling those fires right now. Thousands of homes and structures have already been destroyed. And you know it's serious, and like the news people that are covering are having to wear goggles and they've got the face masks on and helmets and all that stuff. Like it's an absolute just danger zone everywhere over there.
Speaker 1: And it's legit. It's not like when you know, there's a little bit of flooding and they got to they gotta put that reporter. They go to the deepest part of someplace. They got it. He gets on his knees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they gotta stand in six inches of water. This really, I'm telling you, all of these reporters really look like they're.
Speaker 1: In these wicked dangers. Yeah, yeah, it really does.
Speaker 3: We'll keep you guys updated on that as more information continues.
Speaker 1: To come out.
Speaker 3: The line up for the Houston Rodeo will be released tonight at seven pm. They've already got the genres for each night listed. Rock Night is March fourteenth, Pop Night is March sixth. But what I'm really looking at is they have a wildcard night. And I don't know what that means. It's March eighteenth. That could be is that just we had to book one more person and this is who it is.
Speaker 2: Wildcard to me is somebody that crosses different genres. I'd like it to be a magician, but Jelly Roll just played right, Yeah, he already played.
Speaker 1: He's a crossover, That's what I'm saying, Like one of these crossover Kelly post Bolone was just here.
Speaker 2: Somebody that is going and dabbling into different formats at the same time.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, that's just what my guess is.
Speaker 2: I know that's the fun thing to do right now, is guess who's going to play that just leads the letdown.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Is a Shaboozi going to play rod? Yes or no?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I would about I would say he has to. That would be the only person that I would say one. They couldn't do it. They couldn't do it without Shaboozi.
Speaker 1: This year, Yeah, Chaboozy makes the Rodeo. We all know that. Yep, it'll be it'll be a record breaking night too.
Speaker 3: Yeah again, that'll be released tonight at seven pm. There's a college in England that is now offering a class on how to make phone calls. So you pay for London to go to school. Ride You're like, what classes did you sign up for?
Speaker 1: London?
Speaker 3: And he's like, well, I signed up for a phone calling class.
Speaker 1: How would you feel that's spending your money on that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna freak out at the classes that are going to be available to my kid when she goes and it's going to be a million dollars a year to go to college. They're teaching kids because they don't make phone calls anymore.
Speaker 1: They're teaching them what if?
Speaker 3: So it's Nottingham College in England and they're focusing on phone etiquette and phone confidence.
Speaker 1: Phone confidence is a funny thing to think about, but.
Speaker 3: Homework includes calling stores to see if they have things in stock and calling restaurants to see what their hours are. I get people are just they don't call people now, so they're just terrified of being.
Speaker 11: His Is it okay?
Speaker 1: If I have a party of six? Is what are y'alls? Our?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 7: Just call?
Speaker 1: It's not like that's their job is to answer the phone or just answer stuff like that. That's a very easy thing to do. And then they'll have a class on shaking hands.
Speaker 2: That'll probably be and then you know what they need a class on eye contact.
Speaker 1: Eye contacts would be a big one. Yes, kids looking at their feet or their phones the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but a study did say I say, last year said that seventy percent of people under the age of thirty five prefer texting to calling, which I get that, But then twenty three percent of those people in that same category say they've never answered their phone, like if you call them, they're not answered, which is right insanity to me. There's a growing list of celebritis going back to the wildfarst as a growing list of celebrities that have lost their homes to those fires in California. Among them are Paris Hilton, Anna Faris, Adam Brody, and James would Some celebs that have had to evacuate but not necessarily lost their homes. They clude Ben Affleck who with the Jennifer Garner's house by the way, Mandy Moore, Mark Hamill, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Eugene Levy. Again, the celebrities houses are no more important than everyone else's property that's been damaged as well. But that is a big headline that's coming out because there are so many celebrities in that specific.
Speaker 1: Area and now we have cancelations.
Speaker 3: Yet now that has caused a ton of cancelations in the LA area, which includes our iHeartRadio Alter Ego Show. After closely monitoring the situation, the decision was made to cancel it outright. iHeartRadio's thoughts are with the Los Angeles community, employees in the area, partners, and listeners that have been affected by the tragedy. If you bought tickets to the Alter Ego Show, refunds are going to be available at your point of purchase after ten am tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines, not Alex for Sports Alex Sports. Thank you Alex and Rod.
Speaker 3: The College Wall Playoffs semifinals begin tonight. Number seven Notre Damn is gonna take on six rank Penn State in the Orange Bowl. I'll kick off at six thirty and you can watch it on ESPN. The winner of this game is gonna face either Texas or Ohio State in the National Championship Game on January twentieth. UT and Ohio State play tomorrow night. And basketball Rockets are looking for another win tonight. They're gonna play the Grizzlies on the road. That'll tip off at seven o'clock. You can listen to it over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Thanks Alex. Great job on the sport. Thanks man. We're gonna do song clips.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about the songs that are available for you to vote for. Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I don't know this Lindsay Chick. I'm sure she's cool. I'm sure she's cool. She listens to the show. She's excited. She was campaigning hard to get in here. It's just an nor saying things like weather Wiener to somebody I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's weird. Yeah it's true. Come on, can you send some non dirty things? Was it all just dirty words?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Now they're gonna try and make it even dirty. Gon sa whether Wiener to a stranger? Yeah, it is awkward. I'm not here today. Can you send me other words other than Weather Weener or worst words?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Email me directly. Rod at the Buzz dot Com. We're just getting into the seventh spot, Baby Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 11: The Rod Ryan at the Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 4: Buzz.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, one of my favorites Stone Tumble Pilot songs. That's plush. Welcome to the seventh spot, ninety four or five The Buzz Rod Ryan Show on a throwback Thursday. We're carrying over from Home Run. Thank you if you're just joining us. Wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakeys. Eighty percent champs of showers today. All right, so it's cold out there, so I don't have to tell you it's not.
Speaker 2: I don't think we have freezing situation at least not here. Okay, it's about forty one, but cloudy skies, eighty percent chance of showers. We're gonna get up to about forty six, little warmer than yesterday.
Speaker 1: But wets coarse. Skanky, that's the weather word of the day. It's skanky.
Speaker 2: Outsideline Pierce the Veil coming to town June twelfth. We'll have tickets for you later on this hour, Buzzfest tickets. Next hour we're gonna play Read my Lips. We were talking about this off air once in a while. We do talk about things off air that we don't, you know, just blurt out and have morning show meetings on the air with you guys. And I just said the importance of Lindsay. I don't think she understands like what a make or break situation this is. She's gotta come in here. She doesn't necessarily have to win read my lips. But if and Lindsay's gonna be great. I'm not trying to put any extra pressure on her at all.
Speaker 1: There's no pressure. You're just hanging out with your friends. It's just us. It's just us. Nobody's listening, no one but Shelly goes what if it doesn't go well? What are you doing next week? Like, I don't know, it's gonna go well. I'll wrestle a bear. It's gonna go well. While trying to read lips. He's gonna read bear lips.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to guess over under how many words I can read well. Also wrestling a bear before he gets his being able to hear before he.
Speaker 2: Gets a limb ripped off. It's gonna go great. I'm not worried about it. So Lindsey no extra pressure, keeps showing it is a one and done though she will not be returning. If she wins, she'll leave with the Buzzfest tickets and then we will. She's the pioneer saka jawea.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, she does well, we'll do it again next week.
Speaker 3: So then at the end of the year we would have like Chilli Alex whoever, our.
Speaker 1: New CAUs is going to be eventually and then listeners, Yeah, with records, that'll be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fresh out of bed, head to head this morning, another one pump chump.
Speaker 1: My name is Jeff. Out one win and done.
Speaker 2: The person that went on Monday out, the person that won on Tuesday out after one win, Wednesday out after one win. One pump chumps every day this week. My question was, have we ever gone a week of one pump chumps?
Speaker 1: Adam the cop? You don't need other John.
Speaker 2: I out of the cop led the way on kicking off a record streak.
Speaker 1: Of one pump chumps Last year after.
Speaker 2: Losing two, Big Lou, who's our current champion, We had anywhere from eight to ten one pump chumps in a row. You need other John for exact numbers. You know who I got Other John exact numbers. Tuesday February twentieth, twenty twenty four Wednesday February twenty eighth, twenty twenty four seven straight days.
Speaker 1: Of one pump jumpers. That's crazy, Golly, I don't remember that. Love you guys, these stats.
Speaker 2: You guys in your stats keep sending me your word suggestions. Okay, Rod at the buzz dot Com for reading my lips. I'll take a short break. I'll come back. I'll get you started on winning some Pierce of the Veil tickets, and then we'll get set up to play song clips and we'll share with you the music that.
Speaker 1: We are offering up today on Throwback Thursday, rockand Alternative Us to The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome Back Show on this Throwback Thursday an hour from now. I know it's an experiment, Read my lips. Lindsey's coming in. Uh listener, lindsay She's gonna come in and play one of the twins Alex Chilia will flip a coin?
Speaker 1: Can we get a coin? Now?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Where looked like a bunch of dumbasses in front of her, like, oh god, where do we hear the coin?
Speaker 2: We're running around trying to find somewhere flipping a piece of paper.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I bet it's a coinery. I got a really good email here from Rachel.
Speaker 2: I know you're going to do what's trending here, but it reminds me of someone else that emailed me almost at this time last year.
Speaker 1: This is Rachel.
Speaker 2: She said, good morning, man, I want to be more involved this year. Rod, longtime listener well over a decade, rarely interact due to my work schedule.
Speaker 1: She's a special LED teacher.
Speaker 2: I listen to Home Room. I always catch the rest of the podcast after work. So sad that Tesla left not to mention Diana, partly because I never got to get involved.
Speaker 1: Well they were around, so bumm that whole last week.
Speaker 2: Life is short, nothing is forever, so I need to stop overthinking and just go for it. Anyway, here's my first attempt of the year. I know they don't they don't have to come from the show, but it kind of makes it more fun. And she sent me like a bunch of words and she has never sent like read my list, read my lips words suggestions. I got an email similar from Get Involved Sandy. I don't think she missed one. Maybe she missed one week. I don't know she did. Sandy sent me an email and I read it.
Speaker 1: At this time last year. She said, Rod, I'm going to get involved in the show this year.
Speaker 2: I remember that, and she sent words every single week. She did it today too. She did it today and she even wrote down like week one. She goes shame, shame, shame. Let me get in here and clean up the place for this lovely young lady because I'm getting it's so weianer intensive right now. Yeah, I know, but you know, we got somebody new coming in.
Speaker 1: We don't like you're throwing wieners around.
Speaker 2: It's fair, it's fair. So she sent me some PG thirteen stuff. But Rachel, good to have you on board. Want to get you involved, Get involved. Sandy is there for me today.
Speaker 1: I love it. Get involved, guys, get involved involved, right cloudy skies eighty percent chance of showers, highs of forty six. That means, get involved. When we're out and coming out, we got all these fun things that we're gonna be plenty soon. Get involved. I mean that's the new thing for twenty twenty five. Everybody get involved. The year of getting involved. I like that. I really like that.
Speaker 3: What's trending well, the lampires continue to be the top story on any news outlet you're looking at.
Speaker 1: Just just sadness. There's really what it is.
Speaker 3: It is just people's homes being destroyed. You don't wish that for anybody. I mean, I know that the celebrity are kind of what's headlining it. But there's there's normal people like us that are also losing everything and they don't have the means to.
Speaker 1: Maybe make up for all of that.
Speaker 2: I think when people see some of the big names losing their homes, they're like, well, they're gonna be fine, and there's less compassion idy.
Speaker 3: So not that that makes it right or wrong or anything like that, but it's like, I think that that kind of plays into it. You're just like, oh, okay, well they'll they'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's it's a it's a horrible story.
Speaker 2: People have lost their lives, and think about just all the firefighters that are working out there.
Speaker 3: Just around o'clock, over seventy five hundred firefighters have been out there, and I know that they're sending more from different areas to go do that.
Speaker 1: All right, It's very sad. The College wall Playoff is also trending.
Speaker 3: Notre Dame and Penn State are going to play the first semifinal game of the College Football Playoff tonight, and the winner of that will take on ut and Ohio State, who played tomorrow, will be on January twentieth in the National Championship. But football is pretty awesome right now because we get a semifinal game for college football tonight, semifinal game tomorrow, yes, Super Wildcard Weekend Saturday, and Super Wildcard Weekend Sunday, Super Wildcard Weekend Monday nights.
Speaker 2: This starts that many days of football, dude, five days, five straight days of awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, football, So that'd be awesome. And then also trending today. I just saw this. Diddy is trending. Apparently he's upset that we see alleged healthcare shooter Luigian Luigi Mangioni is getting more attention than him in the same prison he's in.
Speaker 1: The thing I read is that he has to be the biggest star.
Speaker 3: Wherever he goes, and that's all that matters to him, and he is very upset that people are talking about another inmate. It is not there's no way that's Tory knting. I don't, yeah, I mean it was just high enough up there. I was like, I'm gonna mention it on trending. So those are allegedly with trending. Good Night by the buzz I saw it everywhere too.
Speaker 2: All right, coming up, we are going to get to those song clips for Throwback Thursday. Get involved, vote to it. Maybe you're waiting for the song clips, so that's okay. You can call now if you want to win some Pierce the Veil tickets. Chili will set us up with caller number ten. The show is June twelfth, Woodland's Pavilion. Tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster.
Speaker 1: Seven to one three two one two five nine four five To win those tickets, called Chile Now, Just Stained ninety four five The Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz Stained for you. Rod Ryan's Show throwback Thursday. We got song clip coming up for you. We can talk about these songs a little bit, refamiliarize yourself with the songs so that you become an educated voter. We all know an educated voter is the best voter on anything.
Speaker 2: But a lot of votes coming in already, so I appreciate as we're now starting to really throw around this term, get involved with the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty five, Cloudy Sky's eighty percent chance of showers highes up around forty six. This guy's getting involved. Good morning, good morning. Appreciate you picking up the phone and calling. Who's this? My name is Justin, Okay, Justin Hey, it worked out your collar ten awesome. Yes, so this is a rock and show, dude.
Speaker 2: It's Pierce the Veil, the I Can't Hear You Tour, Sleeping with Sirens, Beach Weather, Beach Weather. I'm not that familiar with June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion Tickets at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Justin, You're in, dude. This awesome.
Speaker 6: Man, this is super exciting.
Speaker 1: That's what happens when you get involved with the Rob Ryan Show. Yes, sir, I'm gonna vote for you. I don't know if you've made it over to our website yet.
Speaker 2: Newfound Glory, new politics, new radicals.
Speaker 1: You gotta vote. I'll put it in their new Found glory. Okay, sir.
Speaker 2: The biggest band of the three and uh well, we're gonna need more of you because they're not in first place.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, congratulating, We're going.
Speaker 2: To play the clips. I'll give you the guys the numbers right now. Justin is our winner. Happy New Year, bro.
Speaker 6: Thanks guys, you too, Thank you, good buck.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: It was about a handful of songs and bands that always remind me of Dina. This is one of them, for sure. She really really loved this band. She kind of turned me on to them. I didn't know much about them, and I just thought, you know, I think the lead singer's name, little skinny guy, his name was David. Okay, he's spinning around on his head in between songs. It wasn't until I saw the blonde hair guy I said, all right, something's not you. Guys aren't from here. I think they're Danish. Okay, they were. They're not from here because his name and everything in the way that he had, he had a European look about him. They were really nice guys. They came in for a couple of buzzfests and just really really nice guys, and like Dinah was just pouring herself all over them. So they love that, Like, oh my god. They knew that she was really a fan. This is New Politics. It's called Harlem. It's a fun song.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll played the crap out of this song. Shake you like a black girl up in Harlem. Yeah. I had asked her, was like, is that what he's saying. He's like, yeah, they all only put out bangers. Yeah.
Speaker 2: New Politics, Dad, all right, New Politics in last place. Sorry, well, seventeen percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: I did not vote for New Politics, but I would not mind if New Politics.
Speaker 2: Were Newfound Glory is the biggest band of the three new bands that are in this They're the biggest band. Okay, Newfound Glory My Friends over You is the name of the song.
Speaker 1: This is who I voted for. Obviously, I know what you voted for. Well, I was torn.
Speaker 3: This is a very difficult decision I had to make. I like all three songs.
Speaker 1: Today. Mom and Dad don't understand me. This is your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Doesn't understand expect your girl, dude, I know what you vote for.
Speaker 6: Hey ouh, my boys not you, babe.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you'll kid it, babe. I'm on here, all right. Newfound Glory is in second place with thirty two percent of the vote. I said Newfound Glory was the biggest band out of these three, not the biggest song. The biggest song. Take me back to the nineties. This is the nineties. This trumba womba, I mean, this is the nineties. The dude, this and the bucket hat I'll kick your ass. I mean, come on, this is new radicals. You get what you give. I'm surprised he put it in there because this gets some occasional spin on the station.
Speaker 2: Still a lot of these songs do they don't always get just get resurrected it on Thursdays. This guy won and Dune it, Yeah, he wrote. He wrote and trumble Woman is still around. This guy absolutely quit the music business. He wrote one of the biggest songs of the nineties and then said I'm done. I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: He pieced out. He really did that. Like, did Goutier write anything else? Yeah, a couple of things did he Okay, this guy literally quit. He quit. He took his.
Speaker 2: He took his Oasis rain jacket. He had that thing too. Yeah, whatever, what do you call that windbreaker thing? And it was kind of like, no, it just it was a it was a straight cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like a wind breaker. Yeah. He took that and his bucket hat. Said I'm gonna I'm gonna drop this massive song. I'm done peace out. Yeah, this is in first place. I feel like this is gonna end. It's like a half of the votes right now. Yeah, I get it. They're all good songs, though. This is a really good go back Thursday. Yeah, it's happy. I like it. It's super happy. He need more happy on a whole rainy Day. Get involved with the rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Log onto the world famous rod Ryan Show blog page at the Buzz dot com and vote.
Speaker 15: The rod Ryan Show ninety four five, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, every days past the case.
Speaker 1: Wow, a lot of you did.
Speaker 2: Go over and start. He went over and voted. It's the first throwback Thursday of twenty twenty five. I need you to cast your vote.
Speaker 1: It's all new, new, new new politics, new radicals, Newfound glory, new radicals still in the lead. Okay, Newfound glory and new politics in the in the same order that it was. But we did.
Speaker 2: Just a flood of votes just came in. Well, Chili's happy.
Speaker 1: I like listen.
Speaker 2: I like to keep my guys happy. Here, he said, Lindsay's here, which is awesome. Who's Lindsay?
Speaker 1: Who isn't Lindsey? How do you not know that everybody knows Lindsay. Lindsay's playing Read my Lips today. Lindsay's playing Read my Lips against Alex or Chili. Scrape up there. If you find that coin yet, Oh see, I got how you got that point?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: You're my coin guy.
Speaker 2: We're gonna We're gonna flip a coin that Alex will find, and then Lindsay's gonna play one.
Speaker 1: Of the boys at a twenty. How about that. I love Lindsay. She's here that early. It's amazing. Thank you, Lindsey. Just because we sit around and sweat it out. Eighty percent chance of showers. It's moist out there, cloudy skies, hies up around forty six. I believe this. Sometimes these studies come out, You're like, come on.
Speaker 2: References to murder and killing have risen in movies over the last years, and it includes movies that aren't even about crime.
Speaker 1: It's about love, murder.
Speaker 2: People obsessed with murder and true crime and all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: It's like the number one thing that people are obsessing about right now. Now.
Speaker 2: They're trying to work it into other things that aren't necessarily about murder and crime. They want to get mentions of it in there, or they want like some sort of a sub story in there, just because they know that that's the hot thing that people are into right now.
Speaker 1: Like you have a you're trying to like.
Speaker 2: Makee people laugh, and then you got to throw in a murder just to get some of the murder nut jobs in there to watch.
Speaker 1: You know what we need for season three is a murder on Elmo. What do you like one of those muppets to go down Almo? Kill guy? The count was.
Speaker 2: The findings suggests that references to killing and murder in movie dialogue not only occur in far not only occur far more frequently than in real life, but are also increasing over time, significant increases among both male and female characters, although it was more prevalent than guys.
Speaker 1: Like the guys are getting stabbed, like that's cool. It's because women watch it and they don't want the woman to be heard.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with entertainment and all of that, and I you know, I don't. I'm not blaming horror movies and all of that stuff.
Speaker 9: I am.
Speaker 1: I just think people, you get so wrapped up in.
Speaker 2: The entertainment value of these things. You forget that a real person died in that story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just that's dominant. He's so hot the like, but he ate people. It's weird to me.
Speaker 2: I don't separate myself when I watch that. I don't watch a lot of that stuff, so I don't know, like maybe I don't I don't watch enough of it to become Do you think she gets desensitized?
Speaker 1: I hope not. I really hope not. I haven't been missing you know what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well when I was married and I came home and I just I never looked at like what was being recorded and I saw it knives, Wives with knives was being recorded like once a week. But why are we recording this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, you can just look this up later, man, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: All right? Rock and Alternative?
Speaker 4: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, I've the buzz, popa roach, no apologies. Rob Ryan's Show, throw Back Thursday. All the new bands, which they're you know, throwbacks, so they're older bands, but newfound glory, new politics, new radicals.
Speaker 2: That's what you're voting on. Winning song played today at nine thirty. I think everyone's excited.
Speaker 1: I am too. I'm excited. I'm not even feeling nervous.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about doing something brand new. Lindsey listener, Lindsay, who's here? That's made me the only thing I've nervous about? What's her getting in this morning? Because I know we're dealing with rain and some you know, cold rain out there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It just makes it more difficult to get here. Lindsay is here. She's in house.
Speaker 2: She is tucked away in a safe room and we're going to bring her out at around eight twenty. We'll say hi to her and then she's going to play Read.
Speaker 1: My lips today. She's going to play.
Speaker 2: It's the first time a listener has ever come in to play the Now professionals Alex and Chile will flip a coin and see who she's going to play against.
Speaker 1: That's coming up closer to eight twenty.
Speaker 2: Like I said, so that eighty eighty percent chance of showers with cloudy skies did not stop.
Speaker 1: Lindsay, you be careful out on the roads.
Speaker 2: Hides up around forty six, Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Good morning Rod, Good morningbody else.
Speaker 3: The wildfires in California continue to cause havoc. The five fires that are currently going on have forced over one hundred thousand people to evacuate from their homes already. California Gavin California Governor Gavin Newston says that seventy five hundred fighters firefighters have already been deployed to battle those fires. Of homes and structures have already been destroyed in the blaze. President Joe Biden has declared today a national day of Morning to honor Foreign President Jimmy Carter, who passed away on December twenty ninth at the age of one hundred. Carter's official state funeral is going to be held today at the Washington National Cathedral in DC.
Speaker 1: As part of the declaration, President Biden ordered the.
Speaker 3: Flags to be flown at half staff for thirty days. So I guess that's from now to thirty thirty days from now or was it thirty days from.
Speaker 1: When he passed, thirty days when he passed?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because they've been they've been flown at half massed for about two weeks now already.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if like people just do it out of respect. Anyways, I didn't know it was thirty days honored expected to be done.
Speaker 2: But there's all kinds of rules, and you know, things are written out, and I mean, I know he had a will. It reminds me of the last time we had a president pass it was Bush Senior. Yeah, and I was amazed he had everything written out exactly how he wanted it. He wanted that remember the train and they were viewing him in the train. Yeah, and he had that train car and they went to A and M. He chose the menu, what they ate on the train, everything, and they followed it to a te I wonder, I'm assuming Carter had something similar drawn up a while ago. I mean, he was much older, so I don't know how his faculties were the last couple of years. But yeah, I think these guys have everything scripted out. You know, he's got ties to Georgia. So they did their thing in Georgia and then they go to.
Speaker 3: Washington, very next to his wife on his land in Georgia.
Speaker 1: Yes, good news for coffee drinkers.
Speaker 3: A new study says that you're going to live longer than non coffee drinkers, but the only catch is you've got to stop drinking that coffee by noon. According to the study, people that only drink coffee in the morning have a sixteen percent lower risk of dying and a thirty one percent lower risk of dying from heart disease compared to non coffee drinkers. Those benefits did disappear for those coffee drinkers that drink it afternoon, So you're good Rod.
Speaker 2: I come from psychopaths, and I witnessed it firsthand again. And I always knew that this happened ate dinner. My mom my sister are there, you know, back in north tonne Wanda.
Speaker 1: And after dinner they put it on a pot of coffee. That's what my grandmother did.
Speaker 3: That This is insane many to start a cop pot of coffee.
Speaker 1: No, my sister.
Speaker 2: My sister doesn't claim to have any problems going to sleep. My mom, on the other hand, she'll tell me that she was tossing and turning all night.
Speaker 1: I'm like, maybe stop the coffee at six o'clock at night, raw jacked up on Kathy. I just I don't understand it. I don't know. I guess.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's somebody out there that it doesn't affect them.
Speaker 1: It affects me, you know, it gets me. Is that pre workout? Yeah, but that pre workout I cannot I like it, but I can't two o'clock. Yeah. If I can't work out, I can't take a pre workout. If I'm gonna work out at two o'clock, I can't do a pre work out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just twitch it. I just know I'm not going to sleep well. I don't know how you guys do it, the sleeping or the drinking of the coffee all day.
Speaker 3: I do it sometimes like at night if like I feel like it just balances me out.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm about to fall asleep, so I'll just do this, just even me out of a little. Do you notice it immediately? Uh, within like thirty minutes. I do you feel that cup of coffee? Yeah? Really five hour energies too. Definitely feel those. They did one of those jackass taking those things.
Speaker 3: Jennifer lopezn't been Apple like finalized their divorce earlier this week. The big news out of that story, though, is that j Lo is keeping her five point six million dollar diamond engagement ring.
Speaker 2: The problem with that, I don't have a problem with that. They got married to you, it was given to you, you went through with the wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as long as you get married, you keep the ring. That's fair. I'm fine with that. It's it's when you didn't get married, when.
Speaker 3: You broke it off, It's like, no, this was this was like a lifetime thing. You didn't do the lifetime thing part. So now, yeah, did you need sign up for it? You were just talking about it.
Speaker 2: J Loo supposedly keeps all of her rings, so that would make six engagement rings.
Speaker 3: Do you think she has it in like a display case like super Bowl champions have where like Tom Brady has his seven rings and she's just got hers in the case, like and this was my first since thatcond I'm fair.
Speaker 2: Oh of course, so those are those rings are now worth seventeen million.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with the dudes that she was married to.
Speaker 2: The first husband, which nobody knows who he is, that was one hundred and thirty thousand dollar ring. Then when she became famous, everybody kind of knew that backup dancer Chris Judd, all right, he proposed they got married. It was a two hundred thousand dollar rock. Her first ring from Ben Affleck was worth two point six million.
Speaker 1: They never made it to the altar that first round. Apparently she kept the ring.
Speaker 2: I should get her that husband number three, Mark Anthony six point five million dollar ring on the finger she married him, keep the ring. The a rod ring was only a two million dollar ring, but they never got married.
Speaker 1: She hung on to that sucker, or they're telling us that she hung on to it. Allegedly, now with Ben's five point six million dollar ring that he just gave her. That's Ben two point zero, right, seventeen million dollars in engagement rings her failed love. That's how much does failed love cost? Seventeen seventeen million dollars? If they're j low? Think about that. Who's out there getting engaged? Think about that next time. Yeah, when you're at.
Speaker 3: That diamond store, maybe uh, let's take off.
Speaker 1: A little bit of that diamondough, she's a killer.
Speaker 3: In some music news, Taking Back Sunday drummer Mark O'Connell announced that he is leaving the band after twenty four years. In a post on Instagram, O'Connell says his departure wasn't an easy decision, and then it wasn't entirely his own. He also went on to say that he may have left the band, but he does not plan on stepping away from music. He's going to release some solo music with old friends in the future. Taking Back Sunday has made no comment about his departure so far.
Speaker 1: That is Euston's headlines, taking Back Sunday all American rejects Newfound Glory.
Speaker 3: They're the same band, They're not no this taking back Sunday is more emo. Newfound Glory is more poppy.
Speaker 1: All American, allan America like me, All American taking back Glory.
Speaker 3: We do get it right, don't get it. That's why you'll never get taken back to Sunday Day.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I just want that swoopy hair over my eye. What's going on in sports?
Speaker 3: Well, the college ball playoffs semifinals begin tonight. Notre Dame is going to take on Penn State and the Orange Bowl. That'll kick off at six thirty. You can watch it on ESPN. The winner of this game is going to face either Texas or Ohio State in the National Championship game on January twentieth. UT and Ohio State play tomorrow night in their game. And Basketball Rockets are looking for another win tonight. They're on the road to take on the Memphis Grizzlies. They're right now one and a half point favorites. That'll tip off at seven o'clock and you can listen to the game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 15: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The Bus ninety four to five, The Buzz, Red Hot, Chili Peppers halfway part of the show peop Well, Yeah, Throwback Thursday. Thank you for voting, Thank you for getting involved. You're gonna be hearing that a lot this year. I need you to get involved. What are you guys voting on?
Speaker 1: New Politics? Harlem in the lead, Alex, it's not the what you wanted. New Radical is a different one. New Radicals in the second place, Newfound Glory.
Speaker 2: So it goes New Politics thirty eight percent, New Radicals thirty seven percent, Newfound Glory twenty four percent.
Speaker 1: Your song is in last place, but it's fun watching the votes. Man, things are moving around a little bit.
Speaker 2: New Radical is clearly the biggest song out of the three that are in there today. Okay, so let's Throwback Thursday. Lots of stuff for you on links and guests. Oh, Dana just said, Rod, listen, you got to know that we're not all like this, brother Rod. As a woman, it gets me so angry hearing about these women not giving back the ring.
Speaker 1: The ring thing is to give it back. Oh makes us all look bad. I promise we're not all like this. I don't have a problem like I didn't take the ring back. I got divorced, you went through at the ceremony. Yeah, it's like there's some sort of a that's part of the deal. You know, j Low didn't marry a couple of those fellas.
Speaker 2: And who knows if any of this is true, but apparently she held out of the rings.
Speaker 1: She's got it. So what did she say she's got We said she.
Speaker 3: Had a tame point five million dollars the ring in diamond in rocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, all right, we've geez.
Speaker 2: What was that guy's name, Mario Williams. Remember he had a problem with his gal here locally when Mario Williams was playing for the Texans.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's seen Mario Lopez for a second.
Speaker 2: That's where I learned that if you're going to get engaged, and I don't you do you? I just don't agree with getting engaged on a holiday because if you get engaged on a holiday, that's a gift. Now that's a that's a gift associated with that holiday. So that was the argument. He must have gotten engage around Christmas time. And her argument for keeping it because they never went through with the with the with the wedding is she said, no, this is a gift she made one. I think she did, and she was wearing millions of dollars on her finger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh boy, oh boy.
Speaker 16: All right, guys, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Okay, there's that music, So rain outside, cloudy sky's eighty percent chance of showers pies up around forty six.
Speaker 2: So I think you guys know that. I run the board as we're the board, the mixing board. I run that as we're talking on the air.
Speaker 1: Oh ways, I haven't used this. I haven't used this. Over here, you're gonna blow off the dust on this microphone, Lindsey, Good morning, Good morning, Lindsay.
Speaker 2: You made it in today. Thank you, You're welcome. What's it doing outside?
Speaker 17: Traffic? Stall, vehicles, crashes, you know, normal Houston traffic.
Speaker 2: I literally blowed the dust and as I'm looking at you, I see dust everywhere.
Speaker 1: I sorry that they did.
Speaker 2: All that was supposed to be a bit and there really is dust everywhere. Now, Lindsey, a bunch of people signed up. I am running a little bit of an experiment. You are definitely lab rat number one.
Speaker 17: Hopefully I'm setting in the bar.
Speaker 2: Really high, I hope, so before we broke and I think We talked about this at our last show.
Speaker 1: Maybe afterwards when we were doing a little drinking. Yeah, it was definitely after the drinking.
Speaker 2: I said we should maybe, you know, hey, we got to think about all these things when we get back here. Read my lips. If test is not here, it doesn't work. Read my lips doesn't work with three of us. You really need four people to kind of run this because I don't want to time keep anymore. I never want to time keep again. I said we should have a listener come in and play. Well, apparently you guys had already had too much to drink, so nobody remembered me saying that.
Speaker 1: It was also two weeks. Okay, so anything you said yesterday.
Speaker 2: We did say this. I did say this. We are doing this, and Lindsey is here. Lindsay you've heard the game before? Yes, can you practice? People say they played.
Speaker 1: This at home. I should have practiced, but you didn't.
Speaker 17: I did not.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you a professional lip reader?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, we didn't ask this of anybody because somebody else would because somebody asked.
Speaker 2: She was if we had if we ever thought of having a deaf person come in and play, it's not fair Ringer. Yeah, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes, you're not deaf. Okay, these are all questions that we didn't ask. We said, put your name and phone number if you want to play. That's it. There's no questions here, there's no vetti. Are you stabby? We didn't ask anything.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Where are you from Kingwood? Okay? You drove in from Kingwood? Or do you work around here?
Speaker 17: I work across the street.
Speaker 1: Actually, really, what do you do?
Speaker 17: Am I a marketing director for a loyalty program?
Speaker 1: Okay? Are you an angry person?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 1: Never? I don't believe that either. I'm not buying the eye that only traffic. Do you have a preference in playing against Alex or Chili? Say it? You know you want to play Chili. I want to play Chili. I hope she plays Chili Alex. I would love to keep time to alex Is the champion, but it's for Buzzfest tickets. So yeah, you want to play Chili? Yeah?
Speaker 17: I want to win?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: Do you have a coin on you? By any chance? Tell me you didn't secure a coin?
Speaker 6: You know there's a.
Speaker 1: Coin under a couch over there. I just haven't gone a guy. It I literally recorded a podcast in that room and had to move the coin yester year, so I know where it is. Okay, we have access to a coin, Lindsey, don't go anywhere. Thank you for coming in. Is this how you dressed or did you dress up for us?
Speaker 17: I'm going to work after this?
Speaker 1: Okay? So this is this is how this is how girls dress up for work.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, we're gonna take a short break.
Speaker 1: We're gonna come back. We got a reck check for you.
Speaker 2: We find we're gonna find out what's trending, and then we're gonna get Lindsay way involved with this show as she is gonna take on one of the twins and Read my Lips.
Speaker 15: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six the Buzz Welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 1: Do you rot Ryan's show? Throwback Thursday? Addition, you know it's a Sixtagram Thursday as well. That is our number one link.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then of course it's the day we play Read my Lips and nothing stops Read my Lips unless Lindsay just completely blows it. Lindsey, you blow it, You ruin the game forever.
Speaker 2: That's It's it's not the longest running continuous bit on the show because fresh out of bed is I am getting good vibe to Paros.
Speaker 1: So I don't think she's gonna ruin Why because she likes big brother sit around and talking about my dumb big brother in the break. She's nice, let's talk about big brother, like. I don't think she's just gonna throw a bunch of slurs around during the game or anything like that. I feel like she's she's good people. All right, So this is next week's person at m S Food out. All right, we're gonna do the coin flip. We're gonnaigure out who Lindsay is going to play. But first with out what's trending police.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been training all morning, but the La fires just nothing goods coming out of there.
Speaker 1: I was watching them.
Speaker 3: They're they're doing a news hit on there. It looks like they're on the moon. Just everything that's burned. It looks apocalyptic because the photographs the things I just want on Twitter and Elon Muster said, hey, my friend just sent me this, and then I saw that too, so eerie, just like burnt down palm trees and stuff too.
Speaker 1: Just it's it's like a really is apocalyptic. I don't care that it's like super rich people. I just I have empathy. I can't want losing everything is just horrible. I don't care how financially well off you are.
Speaker 3: Also trending less less tragic is Instagram Thursday because number you did a good job, buddy.
Speaker 6: Kirby.
Speaker 1: Queen Habibi is the number one blog.
Speaker 3: Page today and she's prushing it in more ways than one.
Speaker 1: Check her out today.
Speaker 2: Yes, I need a new word, Kirby. Queen habibi was going to be one of my words.
Speaker 1: Throw it out, now, throw it out? All right? Now, I gotta get another one in there. And also trending is the Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 3: UT fans are very excited about tomorrow's game, and.
Speaker 1: Lindsay's just put her horns up. What happened here? You're a UT I am a long huns. You went there. You're just the fans.
Speaker 17: I went there.
Speaker 1: You did nice. Yeah. They're playing Ohio State tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: That's the second game of the College Football Playoff semi final. They will face the winner of tonight's game between Notre Dame and Penn State and the Orange Bowl. The Cotton Bowl coming up, and UT fans are very excited about it.
Speaker 1: So you drank the whole picture of beer and got the gold ring. Don't I know what it is? I know you should have saw her eyes. Damn it, Rod, I know what school that is. Believe me, I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, coin flip time, Yeah, that what's happening here?
Speaker 1: It's well, it's brought me a penny. In the history of coin flips, nobody's flipping a penny. Okay, dude, you said find a coin. I found a coin. You didn't say, fine a quarter? Where chili on a paso? Chili? So far, so good with who you brought us for? Read my lips today.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm glad.
Speaker 1: So far so good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't wait to go whipp her over there right now.
Speaker 2: She's she's pretty nice at the chit chatty, but I don't know how she's gonna do on this game.
Speaker 1: It's about to get serious, Yeah it is.
Speaker 7: She said she told me that she was very competitive, so okay, we'll see angry.
Speaker 1: We know that, all right, Chili.
Speaker 2: I'm such a fan of your tail. I gotta go with chili tails, Alex.
Speaker 1: Heads because I'm so smart. Maybe, okay, Lincoln Head, So I don't know that's good?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna do the catch and put it on the top of my hand so that you guys.
Speaker 1: Can see it. And Lindsay's gotta call it. Okay, Lindsey called no, oh, yeah, okay, she's calling who She's gonna Chili's tails, Your head's Lindsey and the mic call it in the air.
Speaker 6: Go tails never fails.
Speaker 1: You're playing alex Oh alex Perry Middleton, the returning Champion. Read my lips. I'm nervous taking on. Listener, Lindsey, ut fan.
Speaker 2: We play in three minutes.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show five, Experience Adventure Into the Cosmic ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five, The Buzz twenty one Pilots and Ride, Good Morning Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Oh, Chili's in the studio? Had Chili?
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: I missed you, buddy. I'm listening to bir Did you want to play today? You didn't come up on the coin flip?
Speaker 4: You know, I didn't know.
Speaker 7: It was just one of those things that I was like, I'm fine if I played, Okay, I'm fine if I don't.
Speaker 1: Chilie's gonna be timekeeping listener Lindsay, Lindsay, did you guys start? Who's going first?
Speaker 2: I will go first, You're going first? The one thing that I did do with Lindsay and I insisted. I said, please, would you let her listen to that stupid song you guys here, because I don't want her to be shocked and freaked out. She's probably already shocked and freaked out. For those of you that don't know, as we get into read my lips, we don't have like just these cancelation headphones that just put you in a nice transit transient state.
Speaker 1: The noise it is the most wicked wops. It's the most metal mastadon wall of sound ever, and that's what's blaring in your head. I didn't want her to hear that for the first time live on the air. I said, please let her know. You didn't know that that's what these guys did, did you No, I.
Speaker 17: Didn't know it.
Speaker 1: Did you think we just had noise canceling headphones on? She thought it was like loons. Yeah. We used to pick different songs.
Speaker 3: They tried to like be out with whatever the theme was, like if we were giving away Pierce to Veil tickets or played Pierced to Veil. But then there's pauses and songs. We had to find a very long, very loud song.
Speaker 2: And yeah, she thought it was gonna be real tranquil floating in space, you know, really concentrate.
Speaker 1: No, it's anything, but it's Mastadon all right.
Speaker 6: How talented we are?
Speaker 1: Wrong? Yeah, let me just get this out of the way. I'm just I'm gonna get it out of the way because there's a.
Speaker 2: Million emails are coming in, okay, and everyone's watching Facebook.
Speaker 7: Live right Facebook and YouTube YouTube live show channel on YouTube subscribe button.
Speaker 2: Y'all need to drop Lindsay's social media? What are the acts asking for a friend?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying. I'm just saying, all right in your pants, fellas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, girls, I'll tell you why more people sent me words today. I know we got a lot of people and they're rooting for Lindsey. Oh boy, they weren't doing you any favors, Lindsay. Boneye Macaroni? What what is bonie Macaroni?
Speaker 1: Thanks? Chat yep. And then Giraffe Rash.
Speaker 2: Somebody by the name of Teresa Giraffe Rash.
Speaker 1: That's not like a regular thing. You would say killer on her first day?
Speaker 4: Guys, doesn't off the time?
Speaker 1: All right, here, we I'll go first, all right, so you're putting the mastadon song and then the headphones on. You won't be able to hear me. Good luck, King, Thanks Chilly or Champ?
Speaker 6: Should I say Champ?
Speaker 1: He's an attorney, Champion of the year winning. It's about just having fun, all right, so Chilli? Twenty seconds yes on the clock. Does Lindsay get more time or does she just she gets?
Speaker 15: Say?
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty second twenty Hey, if you want us to just handle the tickets, just say it.
Speaker 6: Almost give the game.
Speaker 1: There's no ladies, tease, nothing, okay, all right? Twenty seconds on the clock, this dope. Three words for Alex and then whatever we need to do with Lindsay here returning. Champ goes first.
Speaker 6: Lindsay's nervous. I can see it.
Speaker 1: Colby sent in this word. Here we go twenty seconds right after I say we go, thumbs up, thumbs up, finger ring, finger ring. Oh my god, you think he's gonna go I was supposed to be dirty, Lindsay. Do you think he's gonna go easy on you? No, he's not. He's an animal. He makes it sound like, oh, it's no big deal.
Speaker 2: This is just fun and games. It's never fun and games for this guy, ever.
Speaker 17: So how I was listening to Michael Bolton right. Probably out of.
Speaker 7: Them, yes, the other one probably Boobla or whatever his name is.
Speaker 1: Right, here we go, Sandy, get involved. Sandy sent this.
Speaker 6: In sounds like it might be a dirty word.
Speaker 2: No, she was the opposite. She said, let me clean this up. I know you're getting just hit with wieners this morning.
Speaker 6: Now it's clams.
Speaker 1: Comes up, Comes up. Rainbow sprinkle, Rainbow sparkle, Rainbow sprinklef Oh.
Speaker 6: Lindsey, not looking too good, Lindsey.
Speaker 1: It's for bus best tickets, Lindsay, have you been to BUSFESTI before I have.
Speaker 6: It looks like you're not going to be going. I'll just have to buy my own tickets.
Speaker 1: Tagodmaster dot com.
Speaker 6: I know a link.
Speaker 1: Wow, Rainbow sprinkle, Get involved, Sandy.
Speaker 6: Sandy, you can thank Sandy. See the girls are even going against you.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. What a killer?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kevin sent this one in thumbs up, thumbs up. Spare panty spare, what spare? Panty spare, pet spare, panty spare, bet spare panty spare, pan pants spare spare pant.
Speaker 6: It doesn't count. I had rain when he said it already?
Speaker 1: Are you giving that to him, Chili, No, gotta be fair. You gotta be fair in there. I've already got it in the alright, he got to spare panty. Yeah, spare under you got did you bring spare underwear?
Speaker 17: I'm in I'm a part of the group that does not carry spear underwear.
Speaker 2: Eighty percent of the audience did not carry spare underwear with them. Ridiculous. What a ridiculous poll question yesterday. Okay, this is the moment we've all been waiting for.
Speaker 6: Lindsay, you gotta get two to tie and three to win.
Speaker 2: How how obnoxious is that song that we asked you to listen to? It's bad, Yes, I mean, I know nothing against Master Doon. It's just you have to concentrate on what I'm saying and listen to that at full volume.
Speaker 1: Okay, good luck. Here we go. This is the experiment. Here we go.
Speaker 2: That might kill the show. Okay, you're doing the volume. You just handed to her full volume.
Speaker 6: It's all cranked up.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. This is listener. Lindsay, she can't hear me right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta put those over those over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go. Okay, all right, she can't hear us. Anybody want to saynything about Lindsay. She's pretty hot.
Speaker 1: Good, look good, look I like her, she's very nice. She can't hear us. All right, here we go. Thumbs up, Yes, twenty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 6: That's rule.
Speaker 1: Moist cake.
Speaker 14: Boy kit, moist cake poison kid, moist cake, moist moist moist cake, moist poison moist cake, moist cake, poison cat.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, she's allowed that. She's allowed that moist cake.
Speaker 2: The opposite of Chili's kincake, dry cake, chilies dry cake.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 6: So she got it.
Speaker 2: She did not get she did not go. But he didn't get the last one. So she's got to get these two to tie tie.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Okay, girl power. Nicole sent this in. Oh, we'll see what happens, all right, Combs up, there we go. Cold snap, cold snap, cold colds suck, cold snap, cold camp, cold snap, cold snap, cold choice, cold snap. I an't feel your cold cold cold.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: You think all the head bones tough. It's hard, right, yeah, especially.
Speaker 17: With the music that is blasting in my ears.
Speaker 1: I was also the same music, but yeah, you're not used to it. I know, it's not even fair to ask you with these, with these are these were your other words?
Speaker 2: Your other word was sip soup. That's hard, that's hard to have. And again these weren't just for you. I I shuffled every you saw me over here. I'm getting all these words that I gave her the process and then oh diosmeo.
Speaker 1: The the chili. This was the tiebreaker, mister fister, Mister fister was the tiebreaker. All right, Well listen Alex one win on the year. Wish it could have been here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know when when everything else fails.
Speaker 3: Hamp Tedio is a video that's Chili's get to But you got stuck on on moist.
Speaker 1: You thought it was poison.
Speaker 3: And that's that's the hardest part, because sometimes Jake, I can only see.
Speaker 1: One word and then my brain won't let me see anything else.
Speaker 2: Lindsay, great jobs at that great chab go your teas, but you stink at the game.
Speaker 17: Can I redeem myself with like a game or something?
Speaker 1: I'll say this, Really we should set up a little Connect four. Yeah, okay, how about this?
Speaker 6: What are you doing for the tickets? I got a suggestion.
Speaker 1: What is your suggestion?
Speaker 7: Chillie said she was the first one to come to get selected.
Speaker 1: Here we go, everyone gets a trophy.
Speaker 6: We should hook her up.
Speaker 1: She did show up some time, ruin it for all the other lessons. She just stressed me out because sometime only because it's raining, and she came in so row and no one else. This does not apply to anybody else.
Speaker 3: But she could have ruined it for everyone going forward, and she did not.
Speaker 1: She showed up early. She was a good sport and she's cool. How do you make that? Brother? How are you gonna do that for one and that? Do that forever? Because it's the first one?
Speaker 7: Only this time, same thing you do when it's like, well, was it a hit the post ho? I'll give you a little credit because you went first, you know, okay, first.
Speaker 1: I have said that before on the air. Listening to give you a Busfest tickets. All right, we want to hang out with you at Busfest. You're cool, You're cool the game, all right, Lindsay, great job, awesome job, and you know you're coming into this meat packing plan. You did greatlized all right, give it up for Lindsay. Everybody. She's off the buzz. Best.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Rock Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park and Lost Well our experiment bringing in a listener to play read my Lips Alex.
Speaker 1: It worked, It worked, It worked, I thought so too. I thought so too. Even though she didn't cool, she didn't win. You guys have been doing this a long time. Yeah, kil On fair advantage coming in. But Lindsay did a good job.
Speaker 2: So I'm open to doing this again next week sometime at some point Monday Tuesday, Chili will put up another link and we'll have people sign up to come in and play.
Speaker 3: I think we didn't we say Tuesday and the show tuesdays when we're going to decide, so we didn't get to worry about it Wednesday.
Speaker 1: And I think it's best so people can make arrangements with work. Yeah, give them a couple of days notice, all right. So I like that though it's cool. I like getting to meet listeners if you hadn't met in stepisode, yah yah yah.
Speaker 2: Hop it'll come down and she unlike what I said, you walk in with what you if you lose, you walk in with what you came in with. But she left with some Buzzfest tickets just because she was the guinea. She did great Busfest Saturday, May twenty fourth. Woodlands Pavilion tickets are available through Ticketmaster locations. I got Monster Jam tickets coming up for you early in the nine o'clock hour. We're gonna leave you with some Death Tones tickets.
Speaker 1: And it was raining. It's rainy all today. It's skanky outside, eighty percent chance of showers, cloudy skies, highs up around forty six. One final time Alex with Houston's headlines, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: The wildfires in California continue to cause havoc out there.
Speaker 1: The five now.
Speaker 3: Wildfires that are currently going on have forced over one hundred thousand people to evacuate their homes.
Speaker 1: Absolutely tragic.
Speaker 3: California Governor Gaven neuws And says seventy five hundred firefighters have been deployed throughout the time to battle these fires, and more.
Speaker 1: Are coming out there.
Speaker 3: Thousands of homes and structures have already been destroyed, and just everything you see on the news, there's no good news out of this whole situation.
Speaker 1: It's it's absolutely terrible.
Speaker 3: Up for the Houston Rodeo will be released tonight at seven pm.
Speaker 1: We've already got the genres for each night listed.
Speaker 3: Most of the night's our country obviously, but Rock Night's gonna be March fourteenth, Pop nights March sixth, and then when I've got my eye on is what they call Wildcard Night, which I don't really know what that means, but that's scheduled for March eighteenth. That's That's why I've got the biggest, the biggest circle on my calendar for tonight when I'm tuning in to watch the live release of the Rodeo Houston lineup.
Speaker 2: Is the best bet Chaboozie. Not for Wildcard Night, no, but just being a part of the Rodeo lineup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would bet even though here's the amount of money probably that Chaboozi would be. He was so he was here to test the waters and be like, you know what, Euston kind of rocks.
Speaker 3: I did just play at NRG Stadium where they happen to also have the Rodeo.
Speaker 1: If I had to put money on someone, just one because the rock thing.
Speaker 6: People on this.
Speaker 1: If we can gamble on it, just drop a bag because the rock thing. You can't guess a rock band they might the Jonas brothers in there and they call that rock night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can't you can't even guess on that. Shahboozie seems like a lock. Definitely, Okay, seven o'clock tonight, seven o'clock tonight, seven o'clock for sure. Is Morgan Whalen gonna make it make an appearance? What's the guy that threw the chair off Whalen?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Is it too big?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's the rodeo, dude, this is the biggest rode in the world. That's true.
Speaker 3: Nobody's too big for the road. If Shamboozie's not too big, Morgan Whalen better or not.
Speaker 1: Think he's too big? Jellywrold comes back, you think, I just don't know. Like Lanny Wilson, I'm sure played it, I think years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then remember the viral guy he got called in at the last minute to come in and fill in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 3: But yeah, seven o'clock tonight, you're gonna find out who's playing at the rodeo. There's a college in England that now is offering a class for kids on how to make phone calls.
Speaker 1: Neat, I'm not paying for that class. Somebody's parents are paying for it. My kid is not taking that class. To make it a course.
Speaker 3: The course at Nottingham College focuses on phone etiquette and phone confidence. Homework includes calling stories to see if they have things in stock and calling restaurants to see what their hours are. I feel like they should also do one where you just have to call away on hold and then they just see who waits to hold as long as you get an a How can you.
Speaker 1: Make a whole course, I mean an entire semester about how to talk on the phone. That seems like you could cover that in one class.
Speaker 3: I mean, didn't They used to have typing classes that seemed like a silly class you had to practice.
Speaker 1: Would you coming You forgot what it was like coming in with no typing skills at all.
Speaker 3: That's true, But like he had typewriter classes, we don't use those anymore. That's kind of waste if you think about it. Now, kids don't use the phone. They got to learn how to use phone and I don't know, all right, it's a little interesting, but the study last year did say it sety percent of people under the age of thirty five prefer texting to calling, and that twenty three percent of those people say that they've never answered phone calls.
Speaker 1: They just will not answer the phone calls.
Speaker 3: Get it together, man, Yeah, I understand, man, it's it seems easy, but again, I grew up answering the phone.
Speaker 1: So brace up, pick up the phone and say hello, which matter?
Speaker 12: Which?
Speaker 6: Just do it?
Speaker 1: Let me teach this class.
Speaker 3: You should we should just alternate turns like we could sub in. I don't want to go to England.
Speaker 1: It'll be a week long class. Yeah, it really would be.
Speaker 3: It'll be a week My congratulations, you've graduated. And entertainment news, there is not great entertainment news, but there's a growing list of celebrities that have lost their homes to those fires in California we were just talking about. Among those celebrities include Paris Hilton, Anna Faris, Adam Brody, and James Woods. Some celebrities that have had to evacuate but not lost their homes. They include Ben Affleck, who's shacking up with Jennifer Garner right now, Mandy Moore, Mark Hamill, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Eugene Levy. Just I mean, I know the celebrities and they're better off than a lot of people. But it's just traged to see anybody lose all of their properties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I focus on the firefighters and all those people working and all of that. Yeah, it's it's a bad situation all the way around, and it's we're gonna be talking about it well for sure tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: The fires have caused a lot of events in the LA area to be canceled, and one of those events does include our iHeartRadio Alter Ego Show. After closely monitoring the situation, the decision was made to pull the plug on it and cancel it. iHeartRadio's thoughts or with the Los Angeles community, employees in the area, partners and listeners that have been affected by the tragedy. If you bought tickets to our Alter Ego show, refunds are gonna be available at your point of purchase after ten am tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Those are Euston's headlines. It's a big deal when the show cancels. Yeah, not postponing or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like they just don't think they can put this lineup together.
Speaker 15: Show.
Speaker 1: That's a really good show. It works. Offspring Incubus alumineers with that new song, They're all going to be busy the fact to try to get all those bands together and do this again.
Speaker 3: So when we say once in a lifetime opportunity, that's literally what iHeartRadio means.
Speaker 1: And we talk about these concerts, it's sad. That was gonna be a great show. Okay, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 3: Well, in sports, we got the college football playoffs semi finals starting tonight. Notre Dame is going to take on Penn State in the Orange Bowl. Notre Dame's a one and a half point favorite heading into this one. That'll kick off at six thirty and you can watch the game on ESPN. The winner of this game is gonna face either Texas or Ohio State in the National Championship Game on January twentieth. Ut and Ohio State are gonna play tomorrow night. I know our girl, Lindsay's gonna be rooting hard for her her Longhorns.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you shouldn't. I mean, she just couldn't contain her excitement when you mentioned the team. Her hand went right in the air. You could tell she's a big fan. If you like.
Speaker 3: Football, you're cool on my book, unless you like the Cowboys and she likes Big Brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah that that also helped. Basketball.
Speaker 3: Rockets are back in action tonight trying to get another win. They're gonna be on the road to take on the Memphis Grizzlies. That'll tip off at seven o'clock and you can listen to it over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in Sports Houston's.
Speaker 15: Rock Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Pitt Passes to come down and say hi to us. Saturday February first, I do have a truck rendering. We're gonna get to share that with you tomorrow. Get a look, first look at the Rod Ryan Show Monster Jam truck, and it really is like the rendering that the you to create the rap for the truck actually got ahold of it yesterday. We're gonna post that up on links and guests. We'll give a chance to win some tickets online as well. But I'll have a four pack for you coming up. Don't go anywhere. It's for the Saturday February one show. There's three monster jams coming up. As a matter of fact, there's one February second, and then the following Saturday eighty percent chance of showers. Claudie skies highs up around forty six also have Deftones tickets.
Speaker 1: This hour the winning song. We played this hour the winning song for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Wizard got CUTESI he put New Radicals against New Politics against Newfound Glory in the new year.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 1: It's good shows he still cares. Yeah, right, forty one percent. If you want new radicals, get what you give.
Speaker 2: Biggest song of the three, New Politics Harlem and in second place, Newfound Glory in third place, over.
Speaker 1: A thousand votes.
Speaker 2: Thank you for getting involved with the Ryan's shown.
Speaker 1: This is really well.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me segue into this because it sounds like something that you would cover. This sounds like a great topic that you could have done on your past the Gravy podcast.
Speaker 1: Is there a new one up, brand.
Speaker 3: New one, first one of the year which you fellows get into. Well, we gave you some new phrases to try out in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: At the end of the year.
Speaker 3: There's always like these were the new words you've used. So we came up with a bunch like shark toothing, rovering, all kinds of fun stuff like that. You can learn what all that is on Past the Gravy Power ranked places that we think the US should annex since Trump was talking about that this week, Places and things, not just specific.
Speaker 1: Taking a monument.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can take over monuments or anything like that, just like I kind of want that. That'd be cool if that was ours. We kicked off Manuary, my favorite month of the year, finally a month for men, and then we tell you why twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Five is the year the bag at, Big, big episode Past the Gravy.
Speaker 2: This sounds like it ussion that you knuckleheads would have had on your podcast. What stats would you like about your life? What STAPs would you like to see after you die? Oh yeah, you're Spotify wrapped of your life. And people were saying, this is what I'd like to know, some funny, some real.
Speaker 1: This is really really good. Okay, so let me set it up for you.
Speaker 2: If you live to be eighty years old, you will have lived twenty nine two hundred and twenty days okay, two hundred and thirty hours sleeping. This is if you make it to eighty ninety thousand hours working, thirty two thousand hours eating and drinking, and the thousand hours random trying to untagle knots now.
Speaker 1: That sounds like way too Just think about everything in your life. It could almost be tracked.
Speaker 2: And I can only see one guy, our boss, radio Wizard, has a spreadsheet of his life. I'm sure he does this guy every time he farts, he puts a little hashtag down, which he would be a stat I would he knows everything. Okay, what stats would you like to see after your death? These are some of the best responses that I saw. This was really good.
Speaker 1: This is after you die? Okay, how many times I almost died without realizing it? That would be a really good one. Can you imagine as long as they like explain what it was they in the time you tried to jump off of this thing and you should not have made it. Yeah, you just you go back to that situation that you were in and you see that, Oh my god, if I was one step.
Speaker 2: Over to the left or whatever, you would see that. This sounds like you need to know this before. Number of people who were attracted to me while I had no idea.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to know that while I'm alive, because then you guess I don't really care now, But like.
Speaker 1: Right, but you would kill yourself for not making a move you could have done this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds like something. Put that in the stat that I want to know about myself right now? Yeah, you know, that'd be good knowledge. Some of these are really really specific. Number of backflips landed, Yeah, some mobile do you not know if you landed a backflip? I know that I have never successfully landed.
Speaker 1: A back I have zero. I know my stat would be zero.
Speaker 2: Okay, h a real life and Spotify rapped top five songs that you've listened to, Top five songs that you've heard in your life. That would be really interesting. That's something that wizard probably does have on his sheet.
Speaker 1: This one.
Speaker 2: How many times my body successfully destroyed a cancer before it could take hold?
Speaker 1: I think about it. Some people really put some thought into this. That would be insane, because all that stuff is you just feel cocky about yourself, like, yeah, I messed up cancer bath. There's an absolute royal rumble going on in your body right now? Always, you know, and everyone has ham rights. Everyone We learned that yesterday.
Speaker 2: All right, I promise I didn't write this one. How many pounds I've pooped along with the biggest herd you ever cut? That would be a good one to have a good stat to know total pounds pooped? Yeah, I dude, this guy poop?
Speaker 6: Uh say I pooped on a hundred more pounds than you?
Speaker 1: What not a stat?
Speaker 2: But I want a gallery of pictures where I'm visible in other people's photos without me knowing it.
Speaker 1: God, that's good. I was like you just in the background somewhere. Yeah, like those wild like who's that guy shots? Yeah, that'd be cool.
Speaker 2: How many pictures have I been in that are around the world? If you've traveled anywhere you're on you're in somebody's pictures.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Golly, that's good.
Speaker 3: How many how many times do you in the back of an engagement photo? How many diapers I've changed a million? How many times you almost stepped on a turn?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then how many times you did?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: This would be for Alex a full wrap of your gambling results. I have an app. Do you know what you've done?
Speaker 2: Like broken down in the spreadsheet by year, sport activity, the type of bet you.
Speaker 1: Want to hear mine?
Speaker 3: I have you, I have it on my really have that tweet at gravy gambles on x if you want to give it a follow.
Speaker 1: Every day when I bet anything.
Speaker 3: Overall, since eight twenty five, twenty twenty, I am two thousand, five hundred and ninety two thousand, three hundred and sixty seven and thirty six and then NFL four fourteen, three ninety and six. And I can keep going down every sport that I bet on. I keep track of it. I know you know what to stay away from, what to go into. Finally, what's stat about your life? Would you like to see after your death? How many dogs you've petted? And to see every dog?
Speaker 1: What would be your number one that you would put it if you could have that?
Speaker 2: I mean, just because I'm me. That total pounds pooped would be a big one. Like how many pounds it get?
Speaker 1: That would be really good. How many pounds came out of me? Football games watched would be fun? Okay? I the backflip thing, no, not a chance. Like how many holes in one did I get? I know I didn't get that any.
Speaker 3: How many times I thought my team was going to win when they lost and vice versa.
Speaker 1: The number of times okay, the number of times that I've made somebody laugh.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's a really good one.
Speaker 3: I'd like that number because I sometimes people be like that was funny. I was like, I said, I don't see people laughing. Yes, cool, being like, oh that's funny that someone in another room laugh Like.
Speaker 1: We get sick of everybody.
Speaker 2: That's why actors love going on Broadway because they get that interaction from the audience, ie real time. Every actor tells you the live stage to get the reaction of people, because when they're on the movie set, they don't know if they're landing those jokes and things.
Speaker 1: You know, if it comes to a comedy. Same thing with us. We're around each other every day.
Speaker 2: We don't think we're all funny anymore, but you hope that somebody out there is laughing and reacting to it. The number of times I've made somebody laugh, I'd like a highlight reel.
Speaker 1: Of laugh down. Okay, I'm with you on now, and I'd like that one. It'd be a really good one. New Past the Gravy, Well check it out, guys, it's good. It's good. Away some tickets here.
Speaker 2: Monster Jam four pack with pit passes Saturday, February First, I'll take caller.
Speaker 11: Ten Houston, Houston's alternative and Helm at The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The buzz, Welcome back everybody who We're getting close.
Speaker 1: Man. That nine thirty, the song that you guys have been voting on that gets the most votes, is going to be played Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: I got tickets right now, Monster Jam. I think yeah, Monster Jam four pack with pit passes. Good morning, a morning, well, Hello, Hi, Happy New Year?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Who is this Dante?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna go with that Happy New Year all week long, Dante, Thank you for that. Hey, you said you've been calling all morning?
Speaker 3: So what you said?
Speaker 9: No, I was just calling in this past five minutes. Okay, soon he's been bookie and I'm just still calling than that.
Speaker 1: Cherlie's always busy. What has he even doing? He's a very very busy guy. He is busy. You sure people get to go to Monster Jam?
Speaker 11: Thank you, Chili, thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna tell you this. Chili had nothing to do with this. I just took a random raw dog line here, whoa Yeah, I'm doing other busy stuff. Chillie. He's thanking you.
Speaker 6: Hey, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Do what he could lose? You can hang up on, hang on, he's thanking you. What was your involvement in getting Dante on the air right now, not answering I increased his chances might not answering. This is better.
Speaker 2: When better when I don't mess with the phones, Dante, you got through. I just randomly picked the line.
Speaker 1: You got a Monster Jam a four pack of tickets with Pitt passes Saturday, February one. Thank you, guys, Thank you Dante. I love you back. I mean it when I say it. Chili, you got that rendering of the truck from Tom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's saying it to me. I'm just we just got to talk it over to the meeting today.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can post it tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to post anything without yeah, your approval. So that's why I'm just ye know, we'll get that.
Speaker 1: We'll get that up tomorrow. Thank you to Tom.
Speaker 2: Tom's the guy at Monster Jam when when I say, man, I'm asking if we can do the cheap tickets and you know, the deep discounted tickets. Tom's the guy, and Tom knows he's not from here. He just he works for Monster Jam, but he knows how important Houston is. So I've gotten the thumbs up on doing those cheap tickets, the deeply discounted tickets, so I don't know when yet.
Speaker 1: I don't have the dates on that, but you'll get your first look at the truck tomorrow right now.
Speaker 8: Tomline Kid's Illegs Online ninety four five The Much All.
Speaker 3: Right, what you're doing today? I thought this would be a good one for you. You always complained about this studio because we have no windows.
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 3: We don't get to look outsides, see what the weather is like, even though it's not great right now. Maybe even the window you do have, if you wherever you are, you're looking at rain, that's not fun.
Speaker 1: I got my weather today from Lindsay, who came in to play read my list. I'm like, hey, I can't have a list in her in studio to tell us yea. I'm like, hey, what's it doing out there? I don't know, I can't see. Well.
Speaker 3: This This aable today is called windows Swap and you're pretty much You click the button and it shows you someone else's window somewhere else in we'll work.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm looking at someone's house in New Zealand. Some of them it'll be just like a brick wall, Like cool, this sucks all right.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm in sim for a Paul Ukraine looking at some traffic nailed it, yep, and it looks like it.
Speaker 1: It was like a traffic lane almost Is it real or is it simulated?
Speaker 3: So some of it looks like people have like recordings of like this was from November thirteenth, twenty twenty four. I am in Las Tarani's Dominican Republic. Ooh, there's a lady walking and books. She's putting some stuff on a trash can right now outside the little house. But yeah, good to let me see one more Naples, Italy.
Speaker 6: Look at this.
Speaker 3: This is the best window I maam. I was looking out at somebody's house in Naples, Italy. Right now, go check it out. Swap your window with someone else and you can upload your own window view. If you have a sick window view, go upload it at the World Fame Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: New Politics in the lead right now there is a shot for new radicals to overtake them.
Speaker 1: Is you found out? It's not looking good for Newfound Glory. They're so far out of it I can't see them winning. It is a two horse race. I don't know what song we're gonna play in four minutes, but you it's not too late. As a matter of fact, I'm begging you to go in there and cast your vote for Throwback Thursday on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 5: First shown five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: That's our close personal pals, Shine Down and Dead Don't Die. Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Just before nine thirty, I'll tap dance just for a second so that we can get those last minute votes. And it is a close, close race right now. It's a battle of the news. We've got Newfound Glory, new politics, and new radicals.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that you guys are liking this. I thought it was maybe the most interesting thing on there. I didn't have a lot of time to spend on it. But what stats about your life would you like to see after your death?
Speaker 2: And Richard says, I'd like to know how much money I knowingly or unknowingly lost in my lifetime.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know that. I don't want to know that.
Speaker 2: Like I want things that are gonna make me happy, like that's why I came up with Like I'd like to know how many times I made somebody laugh like that. I didn't know it that's easy for us because we don't get to see you guys.
Speaker 1: You know, so I don't want to know. That would make me sick how much money I lost? Ugh, I hate that. Not just lose money like like me falling out of your pocket. I'm talking about losing blowing money. This dumb stuff.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: That sounds like that's like something that they would they play that highlight reel when you go to Hell.
Speaker 1: That's what that sounds like. Tom says Rod.
Speaker 2: The hardest I've ever laughed during your show is when you guys were talking about the Wiener hole in the underwear and you said, quote, I've never once dragged my rocket through that wiener hole end quote.
Speaker 1: I've listened to that numerous times on the podcast. It never gets old. Well, thank you, Tom, I'm.
Speaker 2: Glad you laughed at that. Okay, let me hit refresh over here. I've still never dragged my rocket through that wiener hole. Hit refresh, and here we go in last place. You knew this was going to happen, Alex, your song Newfound Glory, It's fine, thirty fine, sixteen percent of the vote, thirty seven percent of vote, New Radicals.
Speaker 1: You get what you give forty six percent of the vote. New Politics, Harlem.
Speaker 17: Spin it Mom, it's so about Thursday.
Speaker 8: Whatever the hell is, here's your Throwback Thursday winner on ninety four to five Hit the Bus, Hm.
Speaker 1: Iust have the money, regular miracles, just like you. And I mean everybody has all of.
Speaker 18: Sun looking sad and beautiful, just like you, like me, like everybody else who says.
Speaker 1: You can't come.
Speaker 18: The chats have the money and it's so sucks one like me, like hell everybody else.
Speaker 1: The Japanese No Mas jicks like you, like me, like everybody else. Cat a movie on the couch with a flipphone just like you, like like fingers in your mouth, upon son playing drums with a bleach bone, just like you, like me, like everybody else.
Speaker 4: You're listening to The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the Bus, ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five, The Buzz, the Killers, and somebody told me good morning rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. Thank you everybody for getting active and getting back at Throwback Thursday and casting your votes this morning. It's fun to keep that going each and every Thursday.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Killers, I know that the Bills didn't invent this but it's the biggest thing in Buffalo right now. If Buffalo has like secured the Bills at home undefeated this year. Yeah, it's late in the third quarter, early in the fourth quarter, and they kind of locked in that win.
Speaker 1: This song is played. Now did start at Michigan State, Like Michigan does it. It's a college thing. I think a lot of places do it, now, do they. I did see a cool Bill's sweatshirt and it just said Destiny is calling Me, and it looked like it was the whole stadium, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a pretty big deal. I don't think the Bills just went after it because of what was happening.
Speaker 1: In Michigan because it's a banger.
Speaker 2: Dude, Well that was played at your wedding, but you know who else, Dawson Knox, the tight End. It was played at his wedding, Josh Allen. Everybody's drunk, you can see. And the video came out and they were all singing this like we were singing at your wedding. Yeah, And that video got out and then they started playing it in the stadium in the place went bananas. That's then they went undefeated this year. So now it's kind of it's become a thing in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Like the Texans used to play Bulls on Parade. I don't know if they still do.
Speaker 3: Everybody didn't know all the words to Bulls on Parade, Like everybody knows all the words to Mister bright Side. So like that's it's like a sweet Caroline type of thing, even though I don't think anybody knows the chorus.
Speaker 1: I'll say this about the bills.
Speaker 2: It's funny because this has thought about, like this is how you flush out get all the white guys on the dance floor.
Speaker 1: Absolutely what it is. All the black guys are singing on the sidelines too. It's funny. It really is this unifying. It's this crazy unifying song, Chilie, are they still playing? Are they still playing bulls on Parade? Because I remember even like tweeting back and forth with Connor Barwin.
Speaker 6: Ya, he's the one that I got it started.
Speaker 7: He uh, I think he copyrighted the Bulls on Parade on Kirby or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 7: After he left, they were he said, yeah, man, y'all can still use it. But then after a while they just got.
Speaker 1: Away from it.
Speaker 7: Now they've gone a little bit more hip hop ish and then uh like they'll play like The Undertaker the Undertaker's theme song, like okay, uh third and long or whatever. But yeah, I haven't heard it when I've gone to the games. But also I'm like real tipsy.
Speaker 1: Go oh yeah, you're suboozy at the game, shaboozy chilling. Are you going? Are you going to the game Saturday?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: I had an opportunity to go, but I had to pass up because I might be doing a gig, like a radio gig.
Speaker 1: No way, you're working during the game now.
Speaker 7: It's from uh from noon to two, okay, enough time to go to the to go watch the game or stop or watch it at home wherever.
Speaker 1: What strip joint has you work in noon to two on Saturday?
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, hey, it's supposed to be a state place next state.
Speaker 1: He's opening up Onyx at noon.
Speaker 6: It's supposed to be like us, like one of those pop up shops for state.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, for a butcher shop.
Speaker 6: So we don't know yet.
Speaker 1: So you can't wait this weekend it's going to be I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I know you're excited about these college games they start tonight, but man to watch the Giants Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you can just kind of like it's safe, they can't hurt me. RESTful, nice, peaceful weekend. Whatever happens happens, right to lose. Okay, it's the package. All right, Well, listen, it's time for Know the Show.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be time for Know the Show and the thing that we hadn't given away yet. We haven't given away yet of the Deaftones tickets Deaftnes and Mars Volta March sixteenth, Toyota Center. I have those tickets. Chili said, if you forget, he would take them. I said, I'm not going to forget. So you're going to get the opportunity to win those tickets on the flip of his brakes.
Speaker 1: They're right there.
Speaker 15: Fustons and The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Hit that music.
Speaker 5: That's what I need.
Speaker 1: That's another show music.
Speaker 2: I've got Deaftnes, Mars Volton tickets March sixteenth, Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: I'm on the chopping block right now, Alex.
Speaker 3: You have a question, I do We talked about a college in England this morning. That is offering a pretty unique new class to students to a free class. It's not a free class. Parents are paying for this class. Oh my, what is that class teaching the students?
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five nine four five If you know the show Frock total ninety four or five The Buzz five, the Buzz, Good Morning. Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 2: Offspring were slated to play the iHeartRadio Alter Ego Festival Saturday Night out in California. We have since canceled that show. You know, there's a handful of you that told me that you were. You bought tickets and you were heading out to it, Incubius. I mean, it was a great lineup. It was an awesome lineup, but there's more important things and she's not safe to travel out there. We don't want it, you know, the company iHeartRadio, we don't want you out there. They got other things that they need to worry about. A lot of those bands, Offspring lives out there, you know what I mean. Yeah, I don't know where they live, but yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens with these football games moving forward, even the Academy Awards. Right now, everything's in question, right there. Yeah, already a football game you said was postponed.
Speaker 1: They're discussing whether or not to move the Chargers game. Okay, Rams game, I mean yeah, the Rams game, the Chargers playing Houston Chargers will be here in Texas. All right, Well we got showers here hike today for around forty six Come on, Peas now.
Speaker 8: Time for I Know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 11: La la la la la la la.
Speaker 15: La la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello, Hello, who's this Josh? Good morning, Josh, welcome to the show, Morning Rock.
Speaker 19: How are you a long time listener? Been listening to you for twenty years. I have brought you all over the world on the disabled bet so you've been to Iraq, Afghanistan, all over the place.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I can't Josh, I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your service, Thanks for taking us with you and staying in contact when you're all over the place. Man, I appreciate all those years. Man boy, I wish you the best. Done this, Alex, come on, I need a layup for Josh.
Speaker 1: Josh.
Speaker 3: We talked about a college in England that's offering a new class to kids.
Speaker 1: What is that class?
Speaker 6: Teaching these kids owe etiquette.
Speaker 1: Yes, what you're doing. What you and I take for granted to make a phone call. They're teaching a college level class on how to talk to people on the telephone. Confidence. It's crazy interesting, it's insane. Josh, you win, Man, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Deftnes Mars, Volta Marks, Sushi, Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Josh again, Man, I can't thank you enough. You're the best.
Speaker 19: Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been trying for years to get through. First time I've gotten through. Man, appreciate it so much.
Speaker 1: I can't believe this is the first time you're on with us. Man. That's amazing. Josh, stay safe out there. Thank you.
Speaker 4: People love that.
Speaker 1: Josh. Oh right, that's it. We gotta go. This week is flown by. It has today flew by because you know, I'm fine, Rod. Thanks to Lindsay. She was great today. Our day. Highlight of the day. Yeah, Lindsey came in. I thought she did a great job. Even though she didn't win. Read my lips. She was great. She did an awesome job. Oh, Alex won read my lips. I forgot.
Speaker 6: He wanted me to say that.
Speaker 1: No, I just forgot. Tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 2: And thank you to everybody that voted on Throwback Thursday. One pump chumps all over the place. My name is Jeff is out of here, zaddy he Big Lou Tomorrow morning, Big Lou already, is this the king of one pump Chumps?
Speaker 1: We might go all week with one pumpers.
Speaker 2: So the fresh out of bed head to head tomorrow at six twenty we'll continue giving away tickets to pierce the veil Buzzfest Monster Jam and just like those Deftones tickets that we gave away today.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, beer tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Beer every hour straight up at six, seven, eight, and nine, and Specs is back on board for the beer.
Speaker 1: So that's good news.
Speaker 2: Big Jeremy Benson is up next. Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Look at Chilli over there. Chilly's so excited about the football this weekend.
Speaker 6: I am too.
Speaker 1: I can't wait, absolutely can't wait. All right, we got one more to go.
Speaker 2: We got twenty hours to think about what we're gonna do tomorrow, all right, so we got enough.
Speaker 1: Time to make it good. All right, Let's go out on a good one tomorrow. Guys, have a great day, everybody. Thank you for listening, am F Well, isn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 8: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.