Speaker 1: Hey, do us a favor anytime you support one of our sponsors, which our sponsors mean everything to us. They're why we're able to do what we do. Tag us on social media. Here's an example tonight, if you're thinking about somewhere special for dinner or at any point over the next few days, if you head out to Plano and you go have who readers of The Dallas Morning who say, make the best pizza in DFW Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and then tag us on social media. We kind of want to raise our glass back tea and thank you for supporting our partners. But skin people are flocking out to Andrew's American Pizza. What makes it so special?
Speaker 2: It's so good and it's unique that they can do so many different styles of pizza so well. Usually like one place will specialize in a certain stay. Hey, we were sow in so Chicago deep dish. They do Chicago deep dish and they do it well. They do Detroit style, they do it well. Philly Tavern is one of my favorites. They have their own Dallas style, They got New York style and they kill at all of it. Plus I got great pasta dishes an awesome bar. It's right there at Preston and Plano Parkway. It's Andrews America Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 3: But right now, stop with this, and now it's time for Basis week Day, All Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt Fu tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: So those astronauts are supposed to be home this weekend. They're still stuck on the International Space Station since June.
Speaker 2: Remember them? Oh yeah, I don't know all the details though. I don't know how all that happened and why.
Speaker 4: They got up there on their Boeing spacecraft and something bad happened and they couldn't trust that spacecraft to come home, so they had to miss Christmas and they had to miss all these holidays.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, there was hope.
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, well maybe we can get like a SpaceX mission up there, and they can go up and send a team of four to grab them and get them back home safely. Butch and Sonny are their names, and they've been up there, I would assume having lots of sex.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they do up there, wait, aren't Butch and Sonny the character and Butch Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone could ever know that.
Speaker 4: Man is a reference for for anyone who's on their deathbed listening and you just wanted one.
Speaker 1: Last radio segment before you die of old natural causes.
Speaker 2: These kids are tough? Are they hot? Are these astronauts hot? Come on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Then then, I mean every movie I've seen about space add Emmanuel in it, and I would love to be trapped on a space station with her.
Speaker 2: I'm just glad they're alive. Buzz Aldron's a nice piece of ass. They were only supposed to be there, how long? Come on week some months?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, and almost their whole life has been turned upside down, and no one cares or talks about it.
Speaker 2: People quit talking about this in September, and I was like, when are they they're gonna come back?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Did they have Did they have an extra eight months of food on board? How does that work?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: The International space stations get tons of people up there.
Speaker 1: Oh it's like the Olympic village. Uh kind of yeah, there's a bunch of pace. Well, I've seen in movies like this, where as long as you're a botanist, he can make, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Crops out of your poop. You said, movies like this. This is not a movie.
Speaker 1: This marsh very much real life the Martian, real movie, dude, real movie that was made. And what's the name? And Matt Damon makes whole crops of potatoes out of poop.
Speaker 2: I can't believe Matt Damon's up in space right now. Yeah, he's not, he's not. It's Butch Willmore and Sonny Williams.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And we've just made a joke of them being up there.
Speaker 4: I mean, while their whole lives have been shattered, shattered into lives aren't shattered.
Speaker 1: They're about to come home and be celebrities. Yeah, you know, they come home. They splash down into the ocean.
Speaker 2: Wait, they come home? Why don't they just you said, there's tons of people at the space station. Why were don't they hitchhike? Why aren't they just hanging Are they hanging out with them? Well they're not all yeah they are, but they're not all Americans. Okay, so hold on, I'm confused. I'm so confused. You don't about the International Space Station. So they're hanging out at the space station right now? They're going to the cafe. Yeah, but there, but their particular thing doesn't have that, their particular spaceship can't get them back. They're right home, right, Yeah, So why don't we just send another thing up there?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: We are? That's the story. Well then, I'm not that worried about them. But why did it take them this long? Yeah? And how hot are they? Just the whole thing?
Speaker 4: NASA is not really doing anything anymore. SpaceX count of Control. The guy running SpaceX has been a little distracted lately.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: So they can't send a Tesla's space show up up there.
Speaker 2: And butchered that, Sonny. No, they could, but it lost like seven hundred million dollars a Tesla. I don't even know what to think about anything anymore. I don't either.
Speaker 4: I'm confused by a very strange that there was a huge Tesla commercial yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just thought, like, your vehicles were bad, and then all of a sudden, we're doing commercials for it.
Speaker 1: Wait, you thought they were bad, aren't you? The climate change turner'.
Speaker 2: I'll just speak candidly.
Speaker 4: The President has been crapping on the idea of electric vehicles for a long time until yesterday.
Speaker 1: Well, well in Elon Musk in the Sidecarver's motorcycle, that's why. Okay, yeah, but it's just strange to see now an electric motorcycle.
Speaker 2: Well you know, it's like I'm just gonna start flip flopping on everything. The gas and oil business isn't happy about electric cars, right, and if they're a huge lobby, then they need you go out there and say that's bad. But then if a neither bigger guy comes up and goes, now you're on my team, it's like, oh, now I'm.
Speaker 1: This Palltics is a game show. It is what do I have to do to win this survivor game show?
Speaker 2: You just don't You just don't want that one guy to say you're fired. That's a game show too. Yeah, it's just wrestling. Everything is wrestling. I've learned that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except wrestling.
Speaker 2: It's fake.
Speaker 4: Not huge storms yet, don't think it's gonna be crazy. East of the Metroplex is where you have a bigger threat. There's a thunderstorm warning for Ellis and Navarro. But like if you're in that Corsicana to be ten minutes, you know, being a look after all thunderstorm what about Saturday.
Speaker 2: But here where we are, think we're good. Saturday's look great because we're gonna be doing the Saint Patti's Day pray. Oh yeah, man, all four of us are gonna be on the Eagle Float. Hey.
Speaker 4: By the way, Grand Marshall's the Kid Cratick Show. I heard that, So that means we have special privileges. I think we're gonna be near the front. Okay, that's dope. Uh, Big owl Wood he's gonna be with us. You're gonna pretend to be a big gal, big oul. Okay, what he's gonna be with us?
Speaker 2: You should go. You should go in your big gal costume. Man, that'd be great. I don't think I won't a bux them. Yeah, if you do, squeeze them together for me. Absolutely, I've been taking jello shots to those things. I'm gonna be drinking roller Town on that float.
Speaker 4: And by those things, I mean the things that were printed on the Ranger hat. The Ranger hat uh is now an eBay uh. According to a fan account Rangers Nation, those are what they're called, Hey.
Speaker 2: Ranger Nation. Yeah, we've had him on the show. Great people, good people.
Speaker 4: They're there to Jake good people, and they're reporting several hats have sold on eBay for upwards of one thousand dollars. One sold for seven fifty one, so for three fifty Oh my god, it's worth it.
Speaker 2: It is worth it. And they I think I saw them promoters.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they made it or as a tweet that they put out and it was the shirt.
Speaker 2: Now I made a shirtboard. I'm like, hell, yeah, if you're aware your Booby Ranger shirt, go for it. Man, it's pretty awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No one's offended by this, besides people who I guess thought they were supposed to be offended. I think New Era is like, oh man, we made a mistake. I'm like, well, your other ones are worse. I mean, I think angels On is way worse anals.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's bad. Yeah, but they there was a weird e in there. I think our Hispanic friends think this is hilarious. Yeah, but I could be wrong. I knew it was gonna skyrocket. As soon as they took that took it off the market, You're like, Okay, now it's a collectible item. Done pretty great. I think I might get did you the A's one too? Just says ass seeing that one astro says ass hose, yes, which is good. All of them are great.
Speaker 4: And the anals uh oh, and the red suction, says Bobon tomorrow I will report on why bit and skin were mentioned in the Dallas Observer. You'll never guess why, but it's a story involving Garland, their fierce rival growing up. A banner day for Garland and a banter day for reporting tomorrow.
Speaker 2: At this time, if you want to go to Garland tonight, go to Garland tonight. What all right, that's the thing we could do.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Kevin for your contributions to America. All right, coming up next, where are you gonna take some of the big finish?
Speaker 4: Talking about the parade a little bit and uh, some embibing might be going down. What are the top nine most popular beers in America? All right?
Speaker 1: I predict that it's gonna get real heated. That's coming up next