Speaker 1: Tonight, but all bright Nick Ferguson Grant Smith back there. He has the power to help the Rockies win, but keeps it all, hoards it all to himself.
Speaker 2: I'd rather hit the slopes, makes sense, I get it.
Speaker 1: Just be selfish. See how it is five six six nine zeros text line. You guys want to get involved in the conversation. We watch Anthony Edwards get a little dinged up earlier, and then we had a conversation during the break. Nick was talking like getting the shot, you know, okay, let me just can I set it up?
Speaker 2: Set it up for it all right?
Speaker 3: So honestly, we saw Anthony Edwards get injured, and I told the guys a story where I.
Speaker 2: Hurt my ankle before.
Speaker 3: And you know when when you watch players and you know, giving them the Grant Smith's treatment that's going in the back, don't don't worry about this waiver and taking this shot, and all of a sudden, miraculously he's out there. You know, Anthony ra was stretching with the band and doing some kind of sign letteral stuff. So I said, well, when I was injured, what time I took a shot? And the shot was supposed to be a high anti inflammatory, reduced pain and inflammation, and it didn't do anything, which I never did the shot again.
Speaker 1: But despite the you know Grant Bud Kilmer Smith over here.
Speaker 2: Yes exactly.
Speaker 3: But then I didn't notice something wrong with my foot at the time. Obviously I'm African American, so I got, you know, brown skin. But but I noticed an accelerating discoloration.
Speaker 2: In my foot. So there it wasn't like green or anything. No, no, no, no, it wasn't green or anything like that. What my, my, my, What color wasn't what color was the discoleration in your in your skin? My brown skin turned white? Right, and it was that wasn't even the only side effect. Like you infantly could not dunk a basketball anymore.
Speaker 4: And you started listening to Shania Twain and Taylors right off the bat. Everything O listen, black pepper was too spicy.
Speaker 2: You know, hey listen, real talk.
Speaker 3: I did tell him my wife' like, hey, uh, the foods tasting a little saucy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't remember stand was going over my palate.
Speaker 3: And during that time, I mean, obviously I love sneakers, and all of a sudden, I mean, I went from rebox to nankes too.
Speaker 2: I ventured open to you know new balance that does a telltale side. Sitting at Jack Johnson concert. Wait, real talk, I do have a pair of Berkeley guys trade up Bas and his older brother of the sumar rou.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it's a drastic change in my body.
Speaker 2: Complexion right the show.
Speaker 1: We can't even repeat. We said during the break, got this one little white discolouration in his foot that just went like full of guy. He could tell me and granted partial.
Speaker 2: Selling people. Oh, I started wearing cardigan sweaters. I mean you went for will to Carlton.
Speaker 1: You jumped right in on bulow time Thursday.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. He started playing hustle defense at the wreck. It's like I'm freezing playing hustle the guy now one of those blue guys, hard worker.
Speaker 3: I went from no show, low cut Nike socks, socks yeah there below the knee, to.
Speaker 2: The three strikes us to talk about blue yellow blue.
Speaker 1: Oh the short of creeping higher and higher up his legs.
Speaker 2: Almost went as far as to get him some of those John stocked.
Speaker 3: And that's how far is almost is almost winning many side.
Speaker 2: Effe he shot you. You don't know what's in the man you're showing you.
Speaker 1: Purb these verticals creased by two feet one day.
Speaker 2: I'm not even I don't even don't know what else was decreasing. Oh line, somebody saved from ourselves right same way.
Speaker 1: And there's still like okay, so there's so many injuries in this Golden State Wolve series.
Speaker 3: They can't like.
Speaker 2: Andy Edwards can't she can't go out to we get step gone?
Speaker 3: Was he?
Speaker 2: First of all? I know somewhere if Adam Silver is not at.
Speaker 3: This game, because it's the only NBA game being played wherever he's watching it, he's got to be in somewhat of a panic because to have two of your key players possibly out for a.
Speaker 2: Game or more, that's gonna be a problem. Like Edwards came back, but will he be able.
Speaker 3: To sustain himself and be the same athletic guy he was before.
Speaker 2: He grabbed the shin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this this game was already low score. It might be fifty points below the.
Speaker 3: Under Just think about it for a few Minnesota. Man, you'll go to guys. If aunt can't continue with the series at this high level, You're two guy becomes Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 2: That's funny by himself.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, hey, hey, he did do a number on the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Now, the Wolves are plus twelve with the highest they got in this game with Rudy Gobert on the court, and he's got three points.
Speaker 2: Twelve, But he's got three points when he's on the court.
Speaker 3: If a can't really be himself in this injury starts to slow him down, I think the pendulum swings bat and and all the betting odds go back to Golden State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just I mean, and the game has swung back towards Golden State, who's on a sixteen six run here in the third quarter, narrowed at the seven points after the Teables blow him out in the first quarter. Uh, if they've managed to kind of chip and claw their way back into that.
Speaker 2: But I like Golden State in that series. I do.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Wolves without Anthony, with without Ers don't have firepower. They refuse to give nas Reed the minutes that he needs and keep running Gobert out there, and without Edward they don't have the firepower to keep up.
Speaker 2: I mean, even with Curry out well, that.
Speaker 3: Means that you're gonna have to lean heavily on Julius Rendu and Defncenzo because Defrencenzo is it's their version, I guess, a milder version of Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Being able to knock down yeah snudshot ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Obviously he doesn't have you.
Speaker 3: Know, Steph's range and consistency, but that's.
Speaker 2: That would be their answer.
Speaker 1: Well, they're gonna have to figure something out because Edwards has been playing again, but he's two of eight on the field from the day and it's just not I mean, he's obviously he's uh that he's hurting a little bit, and that's such a big part of what they do. Meanwhile, you've got the you got the Golden State Warriors, who in this game have played fourteen players.
Speaker 2: I'm not hitting you. The fourteen players have seen the court.
Speaker 1: Now, Braxton Key was only on for five seconds, but they have, say, have played fourteen players in this game. Butler Green, Post Potziemski, and Heal started Caminga Jackson, Davis, Moses Moody, Gary Payton, the second, Kevin Knox the second Passpencer Guise, Santos, Kevin Mooney, and Braxton Key have.
Speaker 2: All played in this game.
Speaker 1: You're rolling a fourteen deep bench in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess that would be the true testament of Golden State actually having a deep bench.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean that's that's the problem that you want to have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just like, wow, they are really really really rolling out now. Players eight through fourteen have not scored a point and are.
Speaker 2: A combined zero of eight from the field. But you know, but listen, if you Steve Kurry, you like it.
Speaker 3: If you are David Adaman of the Denver Nuggets, you would want something comparable to that, being able to go that deep into your bench and just kind of rely on guys and give you minutes here and there even if they don't score points.
Speaker 2: Maybe they even grab some rebounds. Yeah, they started quitting post at the center.
Speaker 1: They got nothing out of him fore minutes eighteen seconds and absolutely no productivity whatsoever. The leaders zero across the stat line. Uh, and then they've just been running with Kaminga in his place.
Speaker 2: Well, this is gonna be an interesting Uh.
Speaker 3: You know playoffs when you look around around the league. Uh, you like, think about the indi Enda Pacers in that in that series against Cleveland. I mean it's similar to the Knicks in the Celtics because Cleveland is is a is a better team I think overall.
Speaker 2: But they have a couple of guys injured.
Speaker 3: But they in two games had leads and the and they blew leads only to let the same person right, the same person in every single game not down the game winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: And after after all that nonsense coming out about him getting voted by his peers the most overrated player in basketball? Like, did you find that as bizarre as I did? Like they had this list, you know, the NFL, like the NFL does with the NFL one hundred. But it's the NBA put out something the most overrated players has voted on my player, right, Tyler Haliburton, And they voted they voted Aliburton to be the most overrated player in the NBA.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, he might be the most underrated.
Speaker 1: Player in the NBA's tweet ye last two games. Yes, I love it, feed into it, feed off it. But this he might be the most underrated player in the NBA. How how are you and you basketball players voting on this? How do you vote him overrated? Well?
Speaker 3: I guess when they look at the grand scheme of things, and you talk about the same ten NBA players and like five top players, He's.
Speaker 2: Not mentioned in that conversation.
Speaker 3: Just all you have to do is go back to watch the team playing last year in the Olympics, and Halliburton is a very talented player, great perimeter shooter.
Speaker 2: He didn't even get a lot of run on that team.
Speaker 3: And maybe, like Jason Tatum, Satan played in like one game and then he just set him down. And maybe that's probably why people looking at have a burden fair and unfair in that particular way.
Speaker 2: Five six, six nine zeros in text line.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, you know it's it's this round of the playoffs has been a lot more competitive than I thought every than I think everybody thought it was gonna be. I think a lot of people thought Boston was going to put it to uh New York. I think a lot of people thought that Cleveland was going to put it to the Pacers. I think a lot of people thought that, Okay, so he was gonna put it to the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: And there's there's split a one one well I think with.
Speaker 1: I think I think the series was the one everybody thought would be competitive, would be Golden State in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you thought it would be.
Speaker 3: But Minnesota, more or less, they're built and constructed to.
Speaker 2: Beat the Nuggets.
Speaker 1: Right They're a defensive basketball team, and if they don't have you know, if they don't have Edwards out there, they struggle to generate enough offense to win.
Speaker 2: How do they struggle with offense? Sometimes he is in there? I know it. This was just saying, I mean, like it.
Speaker 1: It's a weird rotation because you got a guy in nas Reed who was very offensive player, but they just put Gobert out there so much.
Speaker 3: But here's an interesting thing about the playoffs this year, And if you're Adam Silver, you have to be happy about what you're seeing because the game last night with the Nuggets lost to ok See, that was the first team to win a home game on their court. No one else has done it thus far. So there's some fans aren't happy about in some fans who are not, But Adam Silver has to be happy about what you're seeing right now because call it what you want to, this is a very exciting NBA playoffs, both in the Eastern Conference of Western Conference because you have some really quality teams in any of these teams, if they play their great best games, could be worthy of facing off for winning the championship. But right now you're not getting home teams playing.
Speaker 2: Their best basketball. And why is it?
Speaker 1: Because? I mean, home court advantage in the NBA is a very real thing. I had more than a lot of other sports. I mean, but the NBA, the correlation is high, I think than any others.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like it is, it has always been a big deal, and it's not like the fans are been less engaged like If anything, it seems like like that game with a thunder the other night for the Nuggets, those fans were going crazy the entire time.
Speaker 2: But were they going crazy?
Speaker 3: And okac because now they expect the team to be this to be their breakout year, SGA, to win the MVP of the league, for them to finally after all that the trouble with you know, KD Russell and James Harden when they had an opportunity, I think they were up three to one on Golden State during that time period and Golden State came back and won that series. So okay, see for them, I mean they don't they don't have a football team I mean, they have Oklahoma Soonners, but they don't have a professional.
Speaker 2: Football professional football team, right, so.
Speaker 3: So for them, this is the end all be all, So they're going to get up for those particular games.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's a sense of I mean, to be fair that New York has not had a professional football team.
Speaker 2: In a while either. Wow, shots fire.
Speaker 1: And I'm not just playing that because they play a New Jersey. I'm just saying they haven't looked like professional football players.
Speaker 2: Okay, SHOT's fire, Okay, jets.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna acting as though I'm overlook that well day, But do you guys think that you know, you got We're talking about home court advantage and that's supposed to be the thing.
Speaker 2: Do you think that some players.
Speaker 3: Kind of over think that and said, Okay, well we're playing at home.
Speaker 2: So we're supposed to win. Maybe that's the problem.
Speaker 3: They're thinking that's supposed to win and then I'm going out there putting that effort in night in and night out.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I mean, maybe there is that whole you know, we're X Y and Z.
Speaker 1: I think the other part of these season is I think the teams that are left are closer in talent level than maybe the records indicate, you know, maybe maybe agree with that. Maybe what happened was you had the Boston to whatever else beating up on certain other teams over the course of the season, over an eighty two game season. They just happened to get, you know, happen to get a few more wins against.
Speaker 2: Some of these crummy teams.
Speaker 1: And at the end of the day, these guys, what you're getting are the actual good teams in basketball playing each other in a lot closer than people think.
Speaker 2: All right, now, I'll throw this out there too as well.
Speaker 3: Usually when you talk about home court advantage, home field advantage, hometown cookiinge that involves getting certain calls.
Speaker 2: Right are you?
Speaker 3: Do you think that the refs are aware of that whole home court advantage and they say, well, we want to find a way to even the playing field, so we're not going to call as many calls that we normally would call, and we allow guys to play more in the postseason.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's just postseason officiating versus regular season. It's how it's always been in the NBA the past twenty five years, basically, is that they call it tight in the regular season. And they let you play in the in the postseason. I saw a stat the other day where it was like, the least amount of fouls called in the NBA playoffs in like fifteen years or something was this year. So there's got to be some sort of you know, like initiative or whatever. I don't know, that's not the right word, but something like that from the commissioner, the higher ups in the league to say, hey, him play a little bit.
Speaker 2: Didn't feel like that last night.
Speaker 1: It felt like Scott Foster was back off injury, he wanted to wanted to get his camera time. How was he the face of like NBA you joke. Yeah, it felt like he was trying to get some face. You know, it's just like, what's his face used to the biceps? Used to be trying to get the Holy yeah, used to be trying to get the camera time, flexing the flexing the biceps.
Speaker 3: See, Grant, you said something that most in sports, especially basketball, don't really want to hear you say it, Like, Okay, well, did the commission to say during the regular season, we're gonna call the games like this, and we're gonna call it differently in the in the postseason.
Speaker 2: So so there's a.
Speaker 3: Different set of books, there's a different set of rules that we have.
Speaker 2: They swallow the whistle.
Speaker 3: Oh so could that mean that maybe a guy like Ben may like games like this because they may favor him knowing as though they would swallow the whistle.
Speaker 2: A little gambling advantage. Okay, I'm not saying hey, I'm not saying yeah. I'm not saying exactly what.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying yes because I've always thought leg yes, because the officiating is different, it is a little tighter. There are a lot of guys to foul a little more unless you're in Nikola yokids and you get fouled all.
Speaker 1: The time and don't free free throws in the game. Well, what ironically is calling you a free throw mergent while they're not looking at s g A right over there.
Speaker 3: But but it does raise lutle question and make one wonder. Okay, do those conversations actually takes.
Speaker 2: Place or are they implied? That's all I'm saying, a little wink wink, Yeah, that's all you.
Speaker 3: Like to say, say, Grant, just just go ahead, nod, right, you pick it up on what I'm putting down.
Speaker 2: Could that be a possibility, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We should maybe discuss it over a six pack or something, which we got coming up next here in Brookos Country to night.
Speaker 2: Tonight.
Speaker 1: I Benjamin Albright, Nick fergus In Grand Smith back there hoarding his Rockies winning power.
Speaker 2: Just gonna hit slopes, man, slopes. Don't disappoint me fair enough? Did I see yoursn't gonna do a little six pack? You sound like you're from London town. You'll get that reference to you. I don't.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's to Paul Rudd in uh forgetting Sarah Marshall when he's talking to Russell Brown. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great movie. Time for second.
Speaker 1: That's what what Howly? Yes, No, that's that's mister that's mister Hanky. Though I can't remember Tally's voice.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, very very high pitched, not like the carbon thing you get back in the kitchen. Make me some pey, but like I don't have the I don't have the Tally voice that there you go say that right now? Well whatever, let's do an NFL six pack.
Speaker 5: It's time for the NFL. I'm gonna take the last year and insight, insight in for me. You can't find anywhere else I know the top six NFL headline.
Speaker 6: What yesterday the Pittsburgh Steelers traded wide receiver George Pickens to the Dallas Cowboys for a third round pick. Did they get enough for Pickens? And what do you think Pickens will do in Dallas?
Speaker 1: I think this is a rare win win situation. I think they fleeced uh in terms of what they got. I mean, they had teams laughing at him when they were all in their call around offering him off. At the same time, I believe Pickens is a fit for what Dallas wants to do. You look at the heat maps. Somewhere Ceedee Lamb works Ceedee Lamb works the middle of the field, between the numbers and the you know, in the mid game. And and Pickens is a deep ball guy. And you know, I think that's really gonna help out. You gotta see CD working out of the slot quite a bit. You're gonna see Pickens working the outside.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Pickens is gonna get better matchups than he got in Pittsburgh, where he was always against CEB onees. Now he's probably gonna get CEB twos. You know, it's just I think a good thing. Dallas is gonna be a problem with you. I've been telling you since Braun shot number got hired. What else is gonna be a problem this year? Watch your career renovation for Javante as well.
Speaker 2: Wow, career renovation, Sign me up for it.
Speaker 3: I would love to see Javonte really start to get off. But this is a great pickup for the Cowboys for all the reasons that been mentioned. But when you look at what they're trying to put together offensively complimentary and we all know, like on third and long situation, we know where Dak is going with the ball. Almost similar to watching the CU game and knowing well Shadora's doing to number twelve, but now having someone.
Speaker 2: Opposite him to compliment him.
Speaker 3: It also opens up the offense and you think about the two tight ends that they have Sooner Maker and Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 2: It changes a lot as far as what they can do offensively. Now. I don't know if.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys are going to rewrite the offensive history books, but they're gonna make it really competitive in their division.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be a physical football team. You got Clayton Adams is the OC there, Brian Shott Eimers head CO.
Speaker 2: J Adams is an offensive line coach. He likes the big boys. They like to run downhill and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a very physical It's gonna be a change of pace a little bit, maybe even a throwback.
Speaker 2: Offense a little bit as far as what they do.
Speaker 1: But between Ceedee Lamb, Jalen Tolbert, George Pickens on the front line, and as Nick mentioned, the tight ends, that's gonna be a fascinating offense. I'm looking forward to seeing Dallas this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think that offense with Dak Prescott was at its best when you had, you know, a true X and Michael Gallup and then a great tight end working the scene with like Dalton Schultz.
Speaker 2: Now you've got a tight end and X with Pickens two.
Speaker 6: After just one season with the team, The Carolina Panthers are releasing edge defender Jadeveon Clowney. Where do you think Clowney lands and should the Denver Broncos be interested?
Speaker 1: I don't think they'll be interested in his price point, and that's sort of been the problem with Clowney over the last few years. The price point on Clowney exceeds the production of Clowney Klyde really is more than that Zach Allen role than he is an edge guy like a Nick Benito, but he gets paid like an edge guy at a Nick Benito because what ten years ago he had nine to nine and a half sacks and back to back seasons or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty three in Baltimore, when he had all that time around him, he managed to get nine and a half, but a lot of that was clean up work. In Carolina, he was only getting five and a half sacks. You're probably again talking about a guy who's in that Zach Allen role. I mean, yeah, okay, all right, there's something there, but who can afford to pay, you know, edge rusher price for a five tech toe?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think when you look at where Clowny is at this stage of his career, this is where things are winding down.
Speaker 2: For all that brilliance he had.
Speaker 3: And that energy coming into the league, he doesn't happen anymore. And the reason being is because not just because he's an older player, is that he's lost his desire. You know, when you first come into the league, I mean, you want to make an instant impact. You want to make sure that you're earning the dollars that teams are willing to pay you. But have you get paid for a while. You've been on a couple of subpar teams. I mean, your driving love for the game starts to disappear. So the idea of him possibly coming here, know, there are other young players that I would say that George Payton should invest in instead of.
Speaker 2: A player like this. Connie has been in the league for ten years. He's been on seven different teams. That's a lot of teams. He's been a mercenary the.
Speaker 6: Last few and outside of that stinting with Baltimore, he's been really ineffective. And Baltimore takes a lot of random dudes and makes them effective, Like Kyle van Noyan.
Speaker 1: Well, they got him on a discount deal. Baltimore got him for one year, four point five million, got the production out of Bounce. He went over to Carolina and ask for ten million. You know that kind of thing. That's what he's asking for, is like ten million dollars a year. He's made ninety five million over of course in his career. He's not gonna You're not Yeah, you're not gonna get that. At that point, if you're clowny. You're waiting out into training. Can you go workout? You're waiting out of training camp for somebody to get hurt and see if you can get them. By way, can anybody name the seven teams that Jadvan Collen's play for?
Speaker 2: Anybody?
Speaker 6: Texans okay, Panthers, Cleveland Browns, Yeah, Ravens yep, Seahawks, yup, there's two more, really.
Speaker 2: Tennessee Titans. He was with the tight I.
Speaker 1: Twenty seasons with Tennessee Titans on the Texans sectially six teams, I'm sorry, Texans, Seahawks, Texans, Titans, Browns, Ravens, Panthers three.
Speaker 6: Similarly to Clowney, the Jacksonville Jaguars have chosen to release wide receiver Gabe Davis after he's spent just one season with the team. A little more free agency regret. Where do you think Davis ends up? And do you think a Buffalo reunion is on the table.
Speaker 2: I think they're full up in Buffalo. I don't think they need him.
Speaker 1: The reality is Gabe Davis has always been sort of overpaid relative to what his production is. The other the flip side of that, though, is he's only twenty five years old. You know, Gave Davis has been around the league for this He's completed five seasons and he's only twenty five years old. Never had a season above eight hundred yards. That was twenty twenty three, and part of that was because he had that ninety eight yard reception that year that put Loost of the total over that. But he is a guy who's had three seasons or seven touchdowns one season of six touchdowns. Maybe Buffalo brings him back on a discount deal like that, but I don't know. I'd look for somebody else that just needs a body at the receiver position to bring him in and give.
Speaker 2: Him a tryout.
Speaker 3: I can easily see the Buffalo Bill is bringing back because that was the biggest talk of the offseason and ideas that, well, who is Josh Allen throwing to?
Speaker 2: Because you have a bunch of guys that.
Speaker 3: You can say, well, they're not household names, but those guys can go and they.
Speaker 2: All fit their roles, they know what they're supposed to do. So adding a guy.
Speaker 3: Who was in the Bill's offense, who was very productive before getting a big deal from Jacksonville, why not bring him back.
Speaker 2: I mean, once again, it's the offensive firepower. I would say there's some other teams to keep your eye on here.
Speaker 1: Brian Dable, of course, was the offensive coordinator in Buffalo when he was drafted. Might be the New York Giants. Another something to keep your eye on. Dallas Cowboys. I know they just got pickets. Keep your eye on Dallas for Gave Davis if they get it for the right deal. You've got Ken Dorsey, who was on that Buffalo staff with him is on the Dallas staff now as a passing game specialist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's to keep your on the Cowboys for Gave Davis or sorry.
Speaker 6: Houston Texans second round rookie receiver Jayden Niggins has become the first ever player selected outside the first round to have the entirety of his rookie contract guaranteed.
Speaker 2: What do you make of this development?
Speaker 6: I guess this uh uh first ever instance of this happening. And do you think this will be a watershed moment for more second round maybe other mid round picks to get their contracts fully guaranteed moving forward?
Speaker 1: No, I think you could see that. I mean, it's that's the next phase of what happens right second one. But I mean those contracts are not that big anyway. I mean his total deals with eleven million something like that. Yeah, it's in the team a lot of teams. Yeah, the total deal for four years is an eleven million. You might as well it's it's not hurting you. You probably put some offset language in there. But you know, end of the day, second round those contracts, as you get back, are cheaper and cheaper fully guaranteeing them is next to nothing for it for a team. So if it makes a guy happy, gets him signed.
Speaker 2: Why not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, check with me when they start doing that for like first rounders, right for some, but you know now what they do for some, but not guaranteeing it for all because to me, now you push that elvelo to the point where NFLPA started thinking, like, you know what says you're willing to go this far, how about going a little further, and started to guarantee more money for a lot of the players.
Speaker 2: Now we do know when guys sound that signed.
Speaker 3: Their contracts initially that bonus money is kind of guaranteed to them.
Speaker 2: But trying to get more of that on the books, I could see that the.
Speaker 3: NFLPA and the players trying to fight for more of it, especially known as though at some point we're going to eighteen games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, guarantee all rookie deals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a lot, because they're already slotted contracts, and just guarantee them all. Take all the negotiation out. I guarantee them all, you know, and see what happens from there.
Speaker 2: They're not that big.
Speaker 6: And if you make it to the NFL average con or career length being two and a half three and a half years, I think it's great. Yeah, give him, give him that full contract upfront.
Speaker 5: Five.
Speaker 6: Even though the NFL Draft has just wrapped up, we already have odds for the twenty twenty six NFL Draft and who will be the first overall pick. Arch Manning is the favorite at plus two hundred.
Speaker 2: Full time Texas Interesting.
Speaker 6: Followed by Drew Aller at plus two to twenty five, Garrett nuss Meyer at plus four fifty, Kid Club Nick at plus eighteen hundred.
Speaker 2: After that, you've got your Silo Downs.
Speaker 6: Sellers is at plus twenty five hundred, tied with Caleb Downs.
Speaker 2: That's the one to lay money on. Yeah, I watch For'm backing to South Carolina. You watched him. He's having aper athletic. Yeah, he's yeah, he's a ball man. He's got he's got to.
Speaker 1: Fix the passing game a little bit portion of his game. But he's all world athlete.
Speaker 6: But he's not that raw, you know, especially when we were just talking about Jalen Miilro being invited to the draft and could he maybe sneak into the first round? Of course he didn't, But I mean, I think Sellers is a good bit further along than Milroe. Another just freak athlete, great arm, thereat, mobility. But anyways, who do you think goes number one? And what do you think of Manning being the big favorite despite the fact twenty twenty five would be his first season.
Speaker 1: Starting for text I managed not leaving college earlier like that, He'll stay at Texas. Leonora Sellers is the one to lay the money, especially at that value at twenty five hundred.
Speaker 2: Uh, Sellers is six.
Speaker 1: Three two forty two, hyperathletic, phenomenal quarterback down there in South Carolina. That's the one to lay. Garrettnus Meyer's just a guy, uh, and I would be I would.
Speaker 2: Be surprised if he's a first rounder.
Speaker 1: Who else just say club nick fringe guy, older how it would be the other guy to you know, if you're not, if you're not laying on sellers, you'd land Drew Aller out of Penn State. He would have been a first round pick if he come out this year. Why are people so high on him though? Like I watched a lot of Penn stalls last year. Tools he doesn't produce in the game. Tools he's got. He's got a rifle, he's got a cannon for an arm, and he can run.
Speaker 3: See see that is what's wrong with the quarterback evaluation process. Oh let's look at his arm. Oh, forget about he's not producing, he's not winning games. Look at his arm. It's like, no, it's what happens above the neck and what happens below the waist. That's why I'm not a fan of looking at a guy's arm. But this is why everyone loves arch Manning because he is so different than his two uncles. Right, what, he's more like his grandfather. If you go back and watch his grandfather's film, which I did, would pull you out of the water at old Miss.
Speaker 2: It just so happens that he happened to be drafted and go to the Saints. But Archie Manning was a dog.
Speaker 3: At the quarterback in Arch Manning because he can run and that is the modern day NFL.
Speaker 1: I believe Arch will be the first overall tick in twenty twenty seven draft. But I don't think he comes. He's a man, he's not coming out of How much money is he making way more than he.
Speaker 2: Would make way conch right, Yeah, he's making that. Iow money.
Speaker 1: This ob seen the morning Leonora's Sellers. By the way, forty times four to five six. He's a bench of two seventy, squad of four to seventy, and a clean of two seventy.
Speaker 2: Like he is.
Speaker 1: He is a huge, strong, good quarterback. The dude's gonna be the next Josh Allen. But this is why then is saying putting.
Speaker 3: The numbers on this kid, because guess what, Arts is not gonna come out because I'm gonna tell him, Look, you need to be more polished in besides, you make it too much dope.
Speaker 2: Stay in college.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no rush for him to get to the NFL and get that money either, because not only cause that I own money.
Speaker 2: He's part of the Manning family. It's not like he's purting like some of these kids are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he comes for money. They just making money. Hey, there's no hurry for him to get to the NFL.
Speaker 2: Just print more money. In this conversation, they just printed more money. I'll put it to you this way.
Speaker 1: Unless there's some really well coached team with a ton of talent that has just a crap year because of injury or something like that, arts ain't coming out.
Speaker 2: Six.
Speaker 6: NFL dot Com has gone through and ranked all fifteen quarterbacks that are currently on rookie contracts, starting quarterbacks, that is, and they've ranked bo Nicks seven on that list, behind Jade and Daniels at one, CJ Stroud at two, Rock Party at three, Bryce Young at four, Drake May at five, Caleb Williams at six, and then you have bow Knicks there at seven. Cam Ward comes in right behind him at eight. So they're ranking their.
Speaker 2: Rookie okay, Yeah, I forget the guys who haven't played yet. How many guys who have played are ranked behind bow.
Speaker 6: Pennix Pennix, I didn't list all the guys behind him, but I think five okay, earth, yeah, because there aren't any brother fils disrespectful, you know, with all due respect to Bryce Young who after getting.
Speaker 1: Bench revitalized his career. I'm not sure he put up enough to sit there and say that I would have him ranked ahead a bow rock party's about to be on another deal, so that I get that.
Speaker 2: H and he's played well.
Speaker 1: Caleb Williams, I mean, I think that's anticipatory of what he does with Ben Johnson more than anything else.
Speaker 2: So I don't know that felt a little disrespectful both.
Speaker 6: What the guys behind, sorry the guy's behind bow Here. You've got Michael Pennix at nine, JJ McCarthy at ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he played Anthony Richard Anthony, Yeah, belong to then?
Speaker 6: Yeah aight, o'connaw at twelve, take it at thirteen, Willis at fourteen, Milroe.
Speaker 1: At fifteen, Yeah, the muscle. Those guys hadn't played. I get that, but but here's the thing though.
Speaker 2: Cam Ward is at eight, yeah, and he hasn't played a single game played snap that's one game. That's one nuts below bow Knicks.
Speaker 3: What's interesting too, is that those guys who, some of the guys below bow Knicks are the guys who was drafted in the same class, like JJ McCarthy. We still don't know what he is because he hasn't played. He could blossom into something. But this is going to be really interesting to see how this plays out this year from the quarterback position.
Speaker 1: I was just curious how they were ranking the known commodities so far because I'm like, man, it feels a little disrespectful.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to me that Bryce Young is ahead of him. Bryce looked really.
Speaker 1: Good in that second half, but that's a much shorter sample size that he's looked good in than the sample size Bow's look good in.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I mean bo looked good over the second half too, and I bet if you compare their numbers just over the second half of the season, Bo is ahead probably for Young probably across the board. And I also has a style that projects to probably I don't know, Babe grow developed something in the league well.
Speaker 1: For Young is struggling to get what he can out of his physical tools. Yeah, I mean again, I think Ryce Young looked pretty good this year. It's his second year in Canalis's offense. They started to put some weapons around him. I think I think it'll look better, but it just does feel a little bit like, Okay, come on, guys, like you know, what does Nicks have to do?
Speaker 2: Go ahead? And do it for another season.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's one that's extraordinary on this list is Drake May.
Speaker 2: Yeah being ahead of him, Well, well, well, what about.
Speaker 3: What Drake May was at the beginning of the season and how he looked towards the end.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the reason.
Speaker 3: Why he is leap frog bow in this case, because they're giving him the New England bump, right, they giving him Mike Rabel, what they're doing in the off season drafting, and how well he played in the back end of the season.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's why he got the bump.
Speaker 1: Maybe I think, like I said, with the callable interest thing, that's got to be anticipatory.
Speaker 2: With you know, with the Ben Jonson thing, more than he is what he's done. I don't know that. I appreciate you, Bud, Thank you Broncos. Country Tonight rose up after.
Speaker 1: This on a long enough timeline, A thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters can do Shakespeare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a town, You're a down