Speaker 1: It's nice eye Dan Ray Boston's news radio, all.
Speaker 2: Right, welcome back. Had an interesting hour last hour. Not a lot of phone call reaction to it. But that's okay, that's okay. Sometimes they get frustrated because I think of my audience as being an audience that's going to be interested in a first hand on the ground experience. I want to thank my guest, Jason Greenberg, who's had a remarkable year in which he lived. So what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna give you an option to talk a little bit about Israel and the implications of Israel the Israeli conflict. I will tell you that I think that Israel is going to strike some of Iron's military installations. I don't think they're going to hit their oil production facilities. I don't think that they are going to hit urban areas, although they would theoretically have every right to, since since Iran fired some you know, one hundred and eighty rockets or by whatever count, and you cannot fire one hundred and eighty rockets at Israel without hitting an urban area because it is such a small land mass, It's about the size of the state of New Jersey. Uh, there's also a word today and maybe some of you saw it, maybe some of you didn't, that North Korea has sent This was NBC Nightly News tonight. North Korea has sent three thousand of its ground troops to Russia for training in advance of them going to Ukraine. The Russian military is running out of cannon fodder. So there's a lot going on here, folks. And I know some of you probably are thinking about Dancing with the Stars and Big Brother and things like that, But if you're not and you'd like to weigh in on any of those situations, they are situations that are happening other parts of the world that could have an impact on our lives. It is possible that, depending upon if US troops. I think it was Admiral Kirby today, I'm pretty sure was Kirby that said, if North Korean ground troops actually take to the battlefield of Ukraine, as in effect, Hessians for Russia, their fair game for the United States. So you just never know, You just never know. I'm surprised that North Korea would send three thousand of its troops, but that's what NBC Nightly News said tonight. So I'd love to hear from you, if that bothers you, if you think it's just part of the world in which we're living now, this crazy world. Love to hear from you. And of course this has been a couple of weeks before an election, which is going to I think impact our national foreign policy for good or for bad. So you have the numbers. That's all he can do is offer you six months seven two, five, four ten thirty uh, six months seven nine three. I think these are very interesting topics. If you don't want to talk about them, I'll talk about them for a while and then I will probably move on and figure something else. I don't know. Let me go to Warren. He was holding on last hour. Warren, I couldn't get you in, and I apologize for that, but you were on right now. Go ahead, Warren. What'd you think? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Jason had to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've just wanted to ask Jason what since he was on that side of the world, what that side of the world things of America since Afghanistan, after the disaster in Afghanistan? Do they d us as week?
Speaker 2: And what I can't I don't you know, I can't speak for the other side of the world. But think about it. We just talked about North Korea has sent three thousand troops to Russia, and that's NBC Nightly News tonight. Let me if I've miscalled the nightly newscast because I buzz around. Uh and I believe that Admiral Kirby said today they would be fair game if if step on the battlefield.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Have an armistice with North Korea. We never signed to peace street with North Korea.
Speaker 3: And I'm just wondering, and I'm wondering what the effect of this election, whoever wins, is going to have on what each country does in that region. I mean, if Trump gets in, you know, does he solve it? Or you know, like if kamalad gets in, you know, how fast will she be tested?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think should be tested on or about January twenty.
Speaker 3: First, yep, exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah. As a matter of fact, I'm looking here that this is according to the New York Times, good solid newspaper, The Associates Press US confirms North Korea sent three thousand troops to Russia. North Korea has one point two members of the military under arms, one of the largest standing armies in the world, but it hasn't fought in a large scale conflict since the nineteen fifty to fifty three Korean War. Wow, this is the New York This is the New York Times. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has said that all of a sudden, I got busted out of this. Has called the situation very very serious. He said what the soldier was doing in Russia was left to be seen. Oh, maybe Secretary of Austin there on some sort of a North Korean travel groups. What they think they're doing. In general, Austin.
Speaker 3: We're always making excuses always.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he did say it's very very serious escalation and what would have ramifications about the Europe and Asia and maybe the United States. What exactly are they doing? Left to be seen, Austin told reported in a military base in Italy after a trip to Ukraine. He gave no details about the number of troops already there, but I guess the State Department said it's three thousand. That's a lot of troops.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My wife, you know, you know, onside the same thing from the news report. Yeah, she texted me at work, you know, you know that that happened.
Speaker 2: So yeah, for two weeks, there have been reports of the movement of troops showed ships moving from North Korea to training areas in Vladivostok on Russia's east coast and other Russian territory territory. For two weeks, there have been reports of the movements, fueled by the Ukrainian and South Korean governments, that more than twelve thousand North Koreans were training to fight alongside the Russian soldiers. John Kirby, the National Security spokes with the White House, said on Wednesday that had been between early and mid October, the United States attracted about three thousand North Korean troops who were transported by ship from the North Korean port city of Wonsan to Vladivostok. That must have been a lovely boat to be on, and those have since been taken to three separate trading sites in the Russian Far East. Uh and and Ed McGreevey said, this is certainly highly concerning possibility. I think that's a pretty fair statement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, they only they only tell the obvious, you know, I mean, what's what's totally obvious to the world, you know, But yeah, that's he that's you know, that's the newspaper for you, that's the Times for you.
Speaker 2: You know. I mean they reported pretty factually. It's it's it's not as they would say, fake news.
Speaker 3: No, and it's not big, it's not fake news. But you know, it's just like the verbiage is is kind of kind of laughable, like when they are stating the obvious, you know, and you know they're like, oh, you know, you know, there are movements and we don't know exactly what's going on here, sort of like when Russia was encircling you know, Ukraine for for like a month, month and a half, two months, and then I go, what's going on here? We knew exactly what was going on? Yeah, so yeah, so well yeah.
Speaker 2: We will we will see here.
Speaker 5: Zelenski is saying, uh that that basically North Korea's presence is an attempt by Putin to avoid an unpopular mobilization.
Speaker 2: So Zelensky sees this as good news. I'm not sure it's good news. No one is always the best man.
Speaker 3: Thank you much, Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I have a great night. Do you want to talk about this maybe? I mean, look, if this doesn't bother you or at.
Speaker 6: Least make it, think I don't know what does three thousand North Korean troops maybe twelve thousand on the way to Ukraine to fight alongside Russia. Hmmm, what do we talk about the evil acxis of access of Russia, China, Iran and North Korea. I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Maybe you are if you are left to hear from here. If not, we can switch topics six one, seven, two, four, ten thirty six months, seven nine, three, one, ten thirty. I don't mean to be making light of it, but you know, maybe that dancing with the stars is really something we should focus on. We'll be back at nights that after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World night Side Studios News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's let's keep it rolling here as we talk about I think a bit of a disquieting development. Maybe maybe that's what I should call it, a disquiety development. Mary Beth and Hanover. Mary Beth Hanover is a flong way from the Ukraine. And you're not worried about this, are you? Well?
Speaker 7: I'll tell you. You know, I have two kids that are serving and my yep, my daughter is currently on her way somewhere that I'm not going to say, but it's not a great spot.
Speaker 2: Yep, she's not heading to a.
Speaker 7: Right, Yes, yep. When my son was in like Iraq and Afghanistan, it's say, oh, he's like in the nice warm weather, and.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: I try to keep my hat up.
Speaker 7: And not listen to the news as much your station, of course, but not like I don't listen to it during the day. But it worries me. I think people should definitely be paying attention because it might be my military kids, now, that might be your families down the road.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, And here we have a I I think the situation could spin out of control real easily. I mean, I could just see all the you know, we we have some sort of an air ear strike on you know, five hundred North Korean soldiers.
Speaker 9: Well, the whole world is going up.
Speaker 2: That is what that's that's my that's my concern. I mean, I mean, we've been very lucky that this Ukrainian thing hasn't spread further than it has. I mean, I could just see Putin doing something crazy. I mean, and desperate people do desperate things.
Speaker 7: Ye absolutely. And then you know, now with Kim Jong un, I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, let's let's invite him, Let's get him come to the party.
Speaker 7: Rights that basketball play. We should send him over there.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I think Dennis would be a wonderful diplomat.
Speaker 7: For he needs to go over there and calm this situation down.
Speaker 2: I think he went over when President Obama was in the White House.
Speaker 9: He did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was like, this was not he never You always say, oh, I think I've seen it all, but you've never seen it all.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it was not on my radar screen that three thousand North Korean troops would end up spending part of this winter. Maybe it's better in Vladivostok than it is in beyong Bang, but I.
Speaker 7: Would say anything's better than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm telling you this is a This is a nasty development here, and it comes at a time when we're picking the next president.
Speaker 9: With on Lurivo, we're just still about Lermbo right now.
Speaker 2: We're very vulnerable. There's also some activity. China has been been stepping up their activity around Taiwan in the last.
Speaker 9: Couple Yeah, yep, that worries me a lot.
Speaker 2: We're not ready for that. I mean, China, China could take Taiwan tomorrow.
Speaker 9: If they wanted to, absolutely.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't be able to do a thing. And that has tremendous impact, amongst other things, obviously the balance of power in Asia.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they produce.
Speaker 2: All the semiconductors. At this point, we've shipped them all over to Taiwan.
Speaker 9: Wow. Wow, that says something.
Speaker 2: I hope your daughter are safe and soundd Okay, what branch is she? And Mary bethot branch?
Speaker 7: She's an Army National God So then they kind of transferred to army when they're deployed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's she's Army ra at this point. How long? How long is the deployment do you have an idea?
Speaker 7: Nine months to a year? It used to be the army when my son first joined in two thousand and seven, they would get deployed for a year. And then Bush was in at that point and obviously and well my son was there. They up at the fifteen months and he was just about to come home.
Speaker 9: So you never remember, really know.
Speaker 2: What sort of work if your daughter's in the National Guard, what sort of work has this deployment pulled her away from? Is she a nurse? Is she a teacher?
Speaker 10: Law?
Speaker 7: Well, she's full time. She's full time.
Speaker 2: And full time National Guard.
Speaker 7: Okay, she's a full time national Yeah, but she's she's a mom. She's a six year old and first grade little girl and eleven year old boy for first year in middle school. You know, and it's tough.
Speaker 2: You know, it's extremely Yeah, unless you're a family like you are impact most people, you know, they're going to I don't know, they watch Dancing with the Stars or Big Brother, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah that with that and my son's infantry, so he you know, he goes a lot.
Speaker 2: Boy. Thank you for your family, Thank you to your thank.
Speaker 7: You, You're very welcome, and thank you for spreading the word and going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's the least I can do. Mary Beth. You know what I'd like to do. I'd like to send to your daughter, uh and to your son a night side T shirt for them to wear.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, that would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, And so what I'd ask you to do is hold on and let's get this is Breast cancer Awareness months. So our T shirts are pink, okay, but they talk about Boston and all of that, and they're produced by our pel Jack Dlready of College Hype, wonderful business. In Dorchester. Great guy. And if if you think that your son wouldn't want.
Speaker 9: To pink, no, he would wear it.
Speaker 2: We were okay, good, all right. I think the biggest we have is extra large, so you know if he's double X or something like that. All right, all right, Well, and and you can get them to them when they're home, maybe at Christmas or something like that, and they'll be home. I hope they'll be home for Christmas.
Speaker 9: And I will keep you updated.
Speaker 2: I would really appreciate that. I mean that, honestly, I really would have Thank you. So you stay there. Rob will take that information and we'll just wish them the best to tell it. Tell us they're in a lot of people's thoughts and prayers right now.
Speaker 9: Thanks so much, jim My pleasure.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna keep rolling here. Let me see why I get it next. Let me go to real quickly, Robin Nedford. Rob, you're next on Nightside. I'm gonna get you in here before the news.
Speaker 8: Go right ahead, Rob, Hey, Dan, I was wondering if you heard about the conference today between India, China Russia. I think they got it. They call it the I don't know if Britain was there. They call it the they have a name, probably a Brick Conference or something like that. But these countries that got together today and we weren't one of them. They are controlling twenty four of the global economy and if and if we don't wake up, we're going to be left behind and left out and not thirst anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we're probably there now. You know this is let me what we hear is what it's called the Brick Summit, okay, uh, and it's expanding. Brick. Brick stands for where are we here? Let me get this? Uh. The countries that combine bricks stand for Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. They're an informal group of emerging economies hoping to increase this way in the global order. It was established in two thousand and nine, founded in the premise that international institutions were overly dominated by Western powers and it seek cease to serve developing company countries. The block is sought to coordinate its members economic and diplomatic policies, find new financial institutions, fund found fund new financial institutions, and reduce dependencies on the US dollar. You hit it on the head Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
Speaker 8: These are in competition with US, and they don't want to be number two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're their their meeting right now. I guess bricks has struggled with internal divisions on a range of issues, including relations with the US and Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Okay, that's good. Uh, it's a loose block of non Western economies that coordinate economic and diplomatic efforts around the shared globe.
Speaker 8: Well, they could be what they're going to be one of them too. They're gonna make it a real brick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So brick could challenge the dominant G seven wealthy economies, and the G seven obviously of France and the United States, Britain, Germany, pretty much the Western European countries. But they did extend invitations to Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia and the UAR. This is all diplomatic stuff. They're trying to undercut what we're doing over there. And as crazy as Donald Trump is, he actually made some progress in the Middle East with the Abraham Accords, which were not worked on or are improved are extended by the Biden Harris administration.
Speaker 8: And I never and I don't think he took any Bride money at all, mister Trump. I don't think he needed the money. And that's one thing I always liked about him. He was never about the money. He doesn't even draw a salary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll try to, so, you know, Trump watches and Trump sneakers, which I don't understand either. I have no idea what that's all about.
Speaker 8: In my hotel room. But you know, I'll protect you. I'll protect you at night and you can go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well that's there's something to be said for that.
Speaker 11: Ron.
Speaker 2: All right, man, I'll talk soon. Thanks, thanks so much. And you open my eyes up to bricks and I'll be keeping an eye on it, thank you much.
Speaker 8: Throwing the matters if we're not careful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right. I think you're right. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 8: To be scary, I don't know they're gonna they're gonna be screaming in the street. No like that last one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oh that's I'm hoping. As I've said repeatedly, I'm hoping for a decisive win for which whichever candidate wins, I think the worst scenario, you know, some people think Trump is the worst scenario. Some people think Harris is the worst scenario. I think the worst scenario is a close race that ends up where half the country whoever wins, we.
Speaker 8: Won't say she lost, no, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know she's she's our girl, her own Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm gonna lay off Hillary. I had a lot of fun when Hillary was around, but you know, I don't like to kick people when they're down. I think she's down. Well, they know, they couldn't, they couldn't take a shot at Hillary.
Speaker 8: I know I get Hillary.
Speaker 2: I fig you're a Trump guy, Rob, I'm getting I'm getting the drift.
Speaker 8: I voted early, man, I was you know everybody would.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks, thanks, Rob, appreciate it. Thanks so much, good good information on bricks. I appreciate that. Thank you. All right, taking a break, We're coming right back right after the news at the bottom of the hours. Now it's now eleven thirty two. I'm a couple of minutes late. Sorry about that, folks.
Speaker 1: Dan Ibz Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: I mean, if the Russian thing heats up, it can have an impact in the final week's final days of this election race. Alex Wagner, who's a reporter at MSNBC, was interviewing women in Philadelphia, which is should be a stronghold for Kamala Harris and cut number twenty. She's asking, well, some women why they're voting for Trump over Harris, cut twenty. What are your feelings?
Speaker 8: And let me start with the women here about Kamala Harris, she's.
Speaker 10: A woman of color.
Speaker 2: I'm not putting her down because of that. And I'm not putting her down because she's a woman.
Speaker 12: I'm not a feminist, so I'm sorry. But at the end of the day, I don't think that she has the personality.
Speaker 2: I don't think that she has what.
Speaker 3: It takes to go up against Putin and go up against these other presidents that are built for this.
Speaker 12: I don't want to be scared because my president is gat.
Speaker 5: I want my president to feel secure and manly and about it.
Speaker 2: Again, that could have an impact. The other said, I got a soundbody here from James Carfield. Again, this is MSNBC's it's not precisely on point what we're talking about, but if you talk about just trying to scare the hell out of people, nobody does it better. Than James Carville cut eighteen.
Speaker 11: Please, people say, what's at stake in this election? Okay, the Constitution's at stake. The whole idea of I don't know what, do you call it a constitutional republic or you know whatever high brow people call it. The idea that we live under a sable lawe is literally at risk. And he's telling you that. And people want to know about weakness among males of color. I'm taking arrest all of it. You don't think you have mistake in his election? Guess what You're not gonna do very well. I'm not gonna do well. You're not gonna do well. All right, When when the paddy wagon comes you and I gonna be in the back of it bouncing around.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be very much fun. But and they will tell you that.
Speaker 11: Judge said, I'm sorry, mister Bell, but I'm sorry Miss Carville.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 11: Miss Trump said he was gonna get rid of the constitution. I have no choice put to enforced the democratic norms of this country.
Speaker 4: Maybe that'll happen.
Speaker 2: It's not far fished. You talk about somebody who is trying to scare people. That's that's pretty bush, even for James Carville in my opinion, and by the way, James, knock off this paddy wagon stuff. That's an ethnic slur against my people. They called it paddy wagons because when they were arresting Irish guys back in the day, put Patty in the wagon. That's why they call it Patty wagon. So I don't want to get too too sensitive here, but when you're going to say something that is ethnically insensitive at best, I'm not going to listen to much of what he has to say. Anyway, that Carville has kind of jumped at the shark as he often does. Daryl and Canada, Darryl, let's get another perspective here from the great Great North Country. Go ahead, Darryl.
Speaker 4: Hey, Dan great to hear the topics, but mister Carvell can probably watch my cousin Vinnie and get a different perspective on the legal.
Speaker 9: Side of it.
Speaker 2: I loved that movie.
Speaker 4: I watched it last night. I couldn't help. But anyways, going to the Ukraine aspect in North Korea, as mister Kirby said that they're fair game if they do involve themselves, right, yes he did. Then it also goes back to a conversation we had prior to Russia invading Ukraine. Uh you asked about the accumulation of blood components being amassed on the borders. Yeah, that gave an indication that something was going to happen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I think so. But but President, that.
Speaker 4: Was that was almost that was almost three years ago. Yes, and but now with these troops coming up, then it could be an indication that something might happen.
Speaker 2: And I don't think they're sending the troops over to Russia. First of all, they don't, they don't have they you know, North Korea is not not a country with a lot of money. And you know, for them to send the troops to Russia, three thousand of them, that's a lot that that's a big commitment in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Well, we've heard we've heard up to twelve thousand possibly, But they're not opening up new Burger chains, right, no, no, so yeah, But what I'm getting at is, hopefully all the people are safe that are defending, and let's get back the world to what we need to and respect to other people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I agree with you on that. That is for certain. That is for certain. All right. Daryl has always appreciate your calls, thank you, my friend, stay well.
Speaker 4: Okay, and I do apologize for the bad humor.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, it's okay, that's fine. No the problem. You're doing fine looking to Robin and Wellesley, Robert, you next on.
Speaker 13: Nice right ahead, even Dan Well, at least mister Carville spelled Patty right. Can we give him credit for that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that he's spelled this all right?
Speaker 13: Can it sound like you perhaps it d Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's that's the part of the pay and there Patty, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah no. But but you know again, that's that's ethnically insensitive. I mean, you know that that was a that was a a f eck slor that went out of style about fifty years ago. Carvel was gonna, you know, He's going to catch up at some point in the future. I'm sure.
Speaker 13: Oh okay, I guess the just kidding, but I guess the glasses half or half half empty. I thought maybe he was. He was had started a little Gaelic and was giving was acknowledging that Patty comes from but Patrick Gaelic.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know. But I'm more interested in what you think about this development. Okay, as opposed we're talking about they of the of the word Patrick pad.
Speaker 13: Pad Sorry I got off course there, Yeah, a little bit go ahead. I was wondering if you saw any comparison between this and the use of Cuban troops in Africa.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, yeah, I mean they're basically they're they're surrogates for you know, some bad some bad pep some bad people in some countries that they want to uh get places. Look, you have a lot of chineselitary now in Africa. You have Chinese military active in South America. I mean, you know, these other countries are going to send their troops different places. We send our troops to different places, but we need to be vigilant, as simple as that. In my opinion.
Speaker 13: I so in the case of Cuban troops, I recall a comic being made that Cuba had a head of an economical financial debt that it owed to Russia. Do you think that something like that is gone on between Russia and North Korea? North Korea's we're paying a debt.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, there are the Russians are writing down a debt, I think, But I just think it just it brings another actor onto the stage. And now you're it's it's it goes beyond the fact that Ukraine's flying drones over Moscow, and I'm not sure if they're still holding that territory that they took in Russia. But this, this could get out of hand pretty quickly, and you need someone. I don't know that Joe Biden can handle this, to be honest with you at this point, because he's a lame dock in the truest sense of the horrid. If you watch, if you see him walk, he is a lame doc. And I don't know. I mean, the country is going to decide in the next thirteen days. Many people are decided. Yeah, the fifteen million people have already voted.
Speaker 13: This is I agree with you that we would we should hope for a decisive outcome to the election for the election, regardless of which president wents.
Speaker 2: Couldn't agree with you more in that one. Agree with myself ashly, but I think it's it's really ugly if it doesn't go that way, Rob Robin, I got to run here, my brake, so we're going to let you go. It's always thanks for you loyalty to Nightside, keep calling.
Speaker 13: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Byke My pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Okay, I got a couple of open lines at six, one, seven, two, four, ten thirty. Coming right back on Nightside. We'll be right back a couple of messages.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the window World, Nice Sight Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's keep rolling. You're gonna go to first up, Stephen Maine, Steve, where are you driving tonight?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 12: I just went over the tappan Z Bridge and I want you hit that.
Speaker 2: You hit that bridge every week a bunch of times.
Speaker 12: About the same time.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Well the bridge is all lit up and red, the columns up top of the bridge and the columns below down by the water, so it's quite beautiful.
Speaker 3: Anyway, what is that?
Speaker 2: What is that signifying?
Speaker 12: Uh? I was thinking Christmas when I saw the collars, but I have no idea. They might have some special holiday in New York that we don't know about yet. Yeah, cancer winness.
Speaker 13: It could be that.
Speaker 2: Well that would be pink if it was breast cancer warners.
Speaker 12: I think, oh that's right, tink. Yeah, well I'm colorblind tank red, you know, similar fellows.
Speaker 2: But anyway, what do you think about this?
Speaker 12: Well, I want to come from a different angle, if I may, and hopefully it will comfort your listeners. And it's from a spiritual perspective to let you know that all we see in the Middle East is spiritual. It's a war of good and evil. And what's going to happen next day and is the sixth Trumpet War and Euphrate's river where it's drying up now and two hundred thousand soldiers is going to be killed there. So when that happens, or the peace treaty happens, Dan, then we count down eleven seven last seven years of this world, and when it looks like all the enemies of Israel are ready to finally destroy him, since centuries back, Jesus Christ is coming back and he's going to annihilate all the enemies. So that's in the Book of Revelation. So if that can bring comfort to people to know what's coming about so they don't have to worry. But the main thing is to accept Jesus Christ into your life, going to Romans ten nine and ten and John three sixteen, and you'll be even more reassured. So as much as you and I love sports, Dan and I really love baseball like you, Bible prophecy is got to be my passion right now. So I just wanted to call that and let people.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, I appreciate that. Just so you know, you and I pretty much in the same page and things. I'm a believer, okay, and I truly am, and I do believe that there's a force out there that looks over us and all of that. But in terms of what I have found with a lot of the Biblical scriptures is that they can be interpreted so many different ways. That might be because I'm not an expert. Sounds to me like you have spent some time reading and understand standing. So I never diminish the value of those scriptures to people who you know, really do cherish them. But I would be disingenuous if I did not tell you that, you know, I'm I'm not you know somebody who's who's biblically based, That's all. And it's not to suggest that you're wrong or anything. I just you're enough of a friend that I believe I can say that to you and you can.
Speaker 12: Respect Thank you for yeah, that perspective from you, and let me you know, I'm sitting here and I'm going I've been on hold for twenty six minutes. And I'm a very patient man because I'm from Maine. I said, this is very important to tell your listeners.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's you know, look, I know you and and and there. There are probably a good percentage of my listeners out there who are right on the same wavelength with you on that. But but I I you know, I.
Speaker 12: Just I understand where you're coming from. A lot of people are they come that way. A lot of Catholics I talk to. It doesn't matter people. God loves everybody, and he.
Speaker 2: Just wants you. You know, you know, I believe that I don't care who you are. I don't care where you were born. I don't care what your background is. If you've lived a good life and been helpful to other people along the way, I have to assume that.
Speaker 13: Well I have to.
Speaker 12: That's that's well meaning, Dan, But we can't go to heaven by our words. Just to let you know, biblically, that's because I would defeat Jesus going to the cross for us. You know, he died of the cruel death, and if we could save ourselves, he wouldn't have to die of cruel death, an innocent death. But because he shed his blood that we can be remitted of our sins. And that's the main point of the Bible. It's man's redemption. But like I said, John three sixteen in the verses, so anybody got.
Speaker 2: To I got to read that stuff a little bit more closely, Steve, I got two more. I want to get in.
Speaker 12: Dan. I appreciate your time, and let me say what I had to say as always, you know you professor.
Speaker 2: You profess your faith. I got it.
Speaker 12: I got it, and oh, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 13: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thanks Steve.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling here. I got them Rick and Bill, Ricka, and I got Jim coming up as well. Rick go ahead, and yes with the times you and Jim go ahead.
Speaker 10: Rick absolutely absolutely no hearing Jason tonight. It was good that you had Jason on tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish you would have called in.
Speaker 10: That would have been you know those you know, I just didn't think of anything good to say. And then he answered a question that I was kind of okay, that's good, kind of afraid. I'm kind of afraid to ask. I find the question was how did it happen to begin with? When you're talking the world's greatest army Israel. You know the idea.
Speaker 2: Well they're small, there's there's small and I mean they're.
Speaker 10: Small, but they're dealing there amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but they're dealing with Look, they've been under a siege for for seventy six years.
Speaker 10: Okay, no, no, I understand, but I gotta I gotta say this. Though he answered the question, which was he's the ide f made a presumption. Yeah, they were arrogant and they and they made they made the presumption they only get hit by by ear and uh and they and they walked right in. So I guess you know, everyone has an Achilles heel level for one, For one moment, if you're driving down the street and you're not paying attention, that could be the end of you and everyone.
Speaker 2: It happened to say, probably goes before the fall goes before. So that's exactly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, definitely, And I just want I just wanted to say that. I know, I know Trump can say a load of dumb things. He's always saying something stupid. But the thing is is, I, of course I will vote for him. But when he was in office, there were no occupations or or terrorist attacks going on that meaning you know, Ukraine and in Israel respectively.
Speaker 2: And I used the frame is that that putin state and is dead? You know?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Sure sure? And we and he cut the funding off to Iran. And I mean, I don't know if Iran says we're not going to use it for anything but helping our people? Is that what Irene does? Do you think do they is that? What is that the plea they make to the US?
Speaker 2: Not at all? Rick, I want to give you just a few seconds.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, give him, give them, give me a shot. I'll talk to you.
Speaker 2: All right, you bet you? Thanks, Rick, appreciate you got a call earlier. Okay, let me go. Jim got about it about forty five seconds. Where you hate to do this to here, but you're the last one in the.
Speaker 12: Door, Dan Uh, Well, bad because I didn't want to have a conversation with you. So I guess I'll call back about it some other night. But your stance on Israel is uh enigmatic to me. I'd just like to talk it over with you sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as they say, I I believe that that Israel is a very important country, and I believe that they're under seeds, they're an ally of ours. And I think that we need to stand by them, and that the one we.
Speaker 12: Think who's like the guy at the casino, that's in way the heck over his head and we already build him out too many times. It's time for him.
Speaker 2: Will I will tell you that I believe that Nett Yahoo is a modern day Churchill. He basically has rallied his country. Well, but you know what we call earlier, and we will have that. I want to have that conversation with you because normally we're on the same page.
Speaker 12: Okay, that's all right, exactly, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, all right, Thanks Jim, appreciate catching dogs. You got it all right. We're done for the night. Great job, Dan, great job Rob. Back Friday night tomorrow. You got Morgan, so please we go to Morgan. I'll be back on Friday night. We'll talk with Ken Gloss at the Bridle Bookshop, amongst others. And I got a couple of other surprises for you. And we have the last twenty twenty four presidential poll Friday night at eleven o'clock. Everyone can vote. All dogs, all cats off, pets go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie Rays, who passed fourteen months going February. That's fourteen years ago in February. That's that's where all you're pets are. He's up in heaven with all of them. They loved us, we loved them, and I do believe we'll see them again. I hope Steve's listening to that. Have a great Thursday and Friday. See you Friday. Everybody, Dan Ray for a Night's Out on Facebook. It's just about a minute