Speaker 1: And this episode is showing too.
Speaker 2: What's up, guys? Welcome to season three, episode forty two of Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me is always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 3: The Blue Podcast dot Com.
Speaker 2: Our email address.
Speaker 3: Blue Podcasts at gim dot com.
Speaker 2: Links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store time stamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for. And you'll also find a link where you can sign up to listen to the show ad free. It's just one dollar a month via Patreon, and you can sink your Patreon account to work on any podcast app. It is so so cool and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 5: They sure are guys. We appreciate you so so much.
Speaker 2: Henry. Speaking of people who are awesome, what should we do next?
Speaker 3: The how outs? Okay, listen, run us to clap and go whoa Yeah, all right, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Got itay, let's start on Spotify. We heard from Hope, Theo, The Burrito, Melanie WM Beatrix, Nicole, who loves Stella the best.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Nicole, Dude two.
Speaker 2: Emily, who just turned nineteen and says we're the best podcast ever.
Speaker 5: Oh Emily, that's so sweet. And hey, we hope you had an awesome birthday.
Speaker 2: We heard from Dark Love Chris, who just had a birthday. Happy birthday, Chris. We hope it was awesome.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Chris.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday. Happy birthday, Chris.
Speaker 2: We heard from Isla, whose favorite episode is Hammerbarn. Oh my god, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: That's a classic.
Speaker 2: We heard from Otter Daisy Sophie, who also just had a birthday. Oh my gosh, we should have put all the birthdays together. Happy birthday, Sophie.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, Sophie. We hope you had an awesome day.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: We heard from Muffin and Socks Poe Foe show Skippy, our buddy Alex, who has been with us since day one. He is busy with his first year of college and I bet Alex is doing awesomely.
Speaker 4: Alex.
Speaker 5: We hope everything is going great at school and have a great school year.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, good on you. We heard from Alice, Potato Sack, Puppy Dog, Kensley and Haley, Ava, Dax the Pomster, and Julia and her sister. We got some emails. We heard from Carl. We heard from Lucy, who said this you are the best podcast I've ever listened to. I can't wait to hear the next episode that you do. I like every episode and you're all my favorites.
Speaker 4: All Lucy, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Lucy, thank you.
Speaker 2: We got a voice message from Nya.
Speaker 6: Hi, driftunk Heelers. My name is Nya and I'm five, and you guys help me fall asleep in the night. And I was just going to say, I love your show, keep up the good work. Bye, love your show.
Speaker 5: Naya, thank you so much for sending us a message, and we're so glad you love the show. And I'm so glad it helps you to fall asleep at night and have sweet Dreams.
Speaker 4: Hopefully.
Speaker 2: It was so sweet of you to send us that. Messa. It's Naya. Thank you so much, and thank you for listening to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Naya.
Speaker 2: We got a voice message from Olive.
Speaker 6: Hi, dinner with the Heelz. My name is All and I'm Fly Christle. I live in Manhattan and my favorite episode is Total Boy and I love your podcast, and my favorite is Della and Hanui. You guys are so awesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for the messenger, Olive. Yeah, thank you, it was super cool of you to send that.
Speaker 2: It sure was. And I like the little Bluey toys here holding. We love toys and we love Bluey too, so we might have a few of those intermingled with my Star Wars collection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just might.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And we got a voice message from Matthew.
Speaker 3: Hello, dinner with you.
Speaker 6: He knows my name is Matthew, and I want to tell you that I keep being my dad when I'm playing chess this time. My favorite moment from the appasso dance Mode, when Blue was like, oh she's finished, so chip already and Dad's like more for me And that's all. Just want to tell you one more. My favorite episode is magic sample.
Speaker 3: That's I. Thank you so much for sending us message, Matthew.
Speaker 5: It was nice to hear from you, Matthew, and thank you for sharing with us some of your favorite moments from Bluie.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Guys, thank you so much for all of the messages and comments and reviews. We read every single one of them and it means so much to us that you guys are enjoying the show. So thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys are awesome and we're just so so happy that you guys love the show, and thank you for all your messages.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, we just got done watching show and tell yeah, and.
Speaker 6: Why do you bost us around all the time?
Speaker 2: At buss you around? Yes, you do.
Speaker 6: You're saying do this and do that.
Speaker 3: That's true, you do?
Speaker 2: Stella, Could you tell us what was going on? At the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: Bingo and Bluie were sitting at the table eating their breakfast and Bandit was in the kitchen and he was making a call about buying a surfboard. Bingo and Blue were asking what he was doing. He was talking about how he was getting a surfboard, and he told them that they need to eat their sausages, but they said no, So then he said that they could come with him to get the surfboard, but only if they ate their sausages, which they did not want to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for whatever reason, they weren't wanting to eat their sausages, and he had to tell them a bunch of times.
Speaker 4: I thought they looked yummy.
Speaker 2: I thought so too, and I just ate lunch and I thought they looked good.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Where was he going to get the surfboard?
Speaker 5: I believe the address was sixteen Pelton Drive.
Speaker 2: Very good. He is calling about this surfboard and he wants to go get it. The girls are having a hard time understanding why he is telling them what to do, and he reminds them of a specific situation. Didn't we cover this already? H No, Yeah, we did. Remember your invisible friend Tina beat me up and we all when I tell you to do something, I'm trying to help you.
Speaker 6: I didn't learn that me, Niga.
Speaker 2: Really, that's disappointing. Amanda Bingo needs to practice for something. What is she practicing?
Speaker 5: She needs to practice for showing tell at school tomorrow. And Mom comes into the kitchen and tells her she needs a practice, So Bingo goes to stand in front of the rest of the family to practice, and she tells them what she brought for showing tel But then that's kind of it, and she tells them that she's good at the showing part, but not so much of the telling part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the showing bit is easy for but the telling bit not so much. And she's not sure what to say. But Chili has some advice for Maybe.
Speaker 6: You could talk about how crabs have an exoskeleton as opposed to an endoskeleton. You see blah blah blah blah, skeleton blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Mitochondria makes sense.
Speaker 2: No, I need to say something real quick. People have pointed out to me that sometimes that's what I do because I am very interested in technical things, and I will over explain something and people hear the information I'm sending to them and they just sort of, I don't know, glaze over. Henry, Have I ever done that to you?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Really well, I think Henry's interested in the technical stuff too. But yeah, not to hurt your feelings or anything, but there have been times you've explained stuff to me, and I, honestly, I'm not going to remember much of what you said because it's a lot of information.
Speaker 4: But you're very smart that way.
Speaker 2: How about you, Stella?
Speaker 3: I don't know, honestly. I know I've definitely done that to other people, but I can't remember any times that anyone's done to me.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that's a pleasant surprise. I assumed that I was going to be the guy that was doing it to everybody, So that's good to hear. Excellent, excellent, excellent. I thought I was going to have to press this button. We can edit that bit out right.
Speaker 4: Nope.
Speaker 2: Henry Blue is wanting something for her breakfast. What is it?
Speaker 3: She wants the tomato sauce?
Speaker 2: Now, what do you think that was? What would we call it?
Speaker 3: Ketchup?
Speaker 2: Right? She immediately has a question though, what is going on on the table with the tomato sauce?
Speaker 3: Bandit pulls out his own thing up tomato sauce, and Bluey asked, hey, why you have your own things? Says well, this is my tomato sauce and this is your tomato sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so why do they have two different ones? What's up with the ones that the kids use?
Speaker 3: The ones that the kids use are more healthier for them, but the ones that the adults use has more sugar in it.
Speaker 2: Bandit makes what I would consider a classic classic dad mistake, one that I've made many a time myself, Stella, what happens?
Speaker 3: Bandit lets Bluey try just a little bit of his ketchup?
Speaker 4: I love this tomato soul by night?
Speaker 2: That one's yours? May you?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 1: Says beautiful?
Speaker 2: I want to try can see the healthy one and all, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why don't you get the good one?
Speaker 6: And we get a disgusting one?
Speaker 2: Well, it looks like Bandit has opened a real can of worms here, Stella. Do you think it will be possible for him to ever get the girls to go back to eating the other kind?
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not looking so good, is it, Stella? The girls want to know why they have to eat the disgusting one when Bandit gets the good one? What does Chili have to say about that?
Speaker 3: Chili says that Bandit might be good at telling, but he's not good at showing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's having the opposite problem that Bingo was having. Right. Yeah, the girls tell him that he bosses them around too much, and they're going to give him examples of what they're talking about. Amanda, what happens?
Speaker 5: Bluie decides that she's going to count all the times that Bandit is bossing them around today, and she starts with counting in the kitchen when he tells her number one is eat your sausage, and then the next one is don't talk with your mouth full. That she counts as number two. But then after they're done eating, they're going to lead the house to go get the surfboard. And there's several more that she counts on the way to the car and in the car.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you're so right, And I think some of those were a little bit unfair, they were, Amanda. What was number three?
Speaker 5: Number three was Bandit telling them let's get going, which I really didn't.
Speaker 4: Feel like that was bossing around.
Speaker 2: I didn't either. Now this next one really isn't bossing around.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Number four, Henry, what was it?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 3: Put your seat belts on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how could you want to keep me safe and secure?
Speaker 4: Kids?
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna apologize now for when I tell you in the morning to get your seat belts on before we go to school.
Speaker 3: Okay, how dare you tell me to put on my seat belt in the.
Speaker 2: Morning, Henry, Do you remember what the next one was?
Speaker 3: The fifth one was look here, and.
Speaker 2: When Bandit tried to argue, they said that was the next one. What did he say?
Speaker 3: He said, hang on a sick.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, poor bandit, Henry. What does he do next?
Speaker 3: He starts talking to sat Nav about directions to the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the girls claim he's now bossing sat Nav around, and that's when we get the next bossy moment. What did he say?
Speaker 3: He told them to listen.
Speaker 2: Let me explain something to you. What you're calling bossing around? I called blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Cleaning toilets, blah blah blah blah blah, solitary confinement.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? No?
Speaker 6: Why not too much telling?
Speaker 3: You can't switch off if he talked too long.
Speaker 4: Poor bandit just isn't winning at this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's having a tough go of it. Man. The girls aren't listening, and that's when number eight comes along. Still, what did he say to them that they claimed was bossing?
Speaker 3: He told them to clean their ears.
Speaker 2: Out, Yeah, because they weren't listening. They didn't care much for that, And then possibly The worst of all was number nine, Stella. What was that one?
Speaker 3: He told them that they need to be patient.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, can you imagine what if your mom and I told you that, would you just flip out? I guess so, Stella Bandit gets an amazing idea to show the girls what he's trying to tell them. What does he do?
Speaker 3: He stops listening to sat NAV and just starts driving the opposite way sat Nav is telling them, Amanda.
Speaker 2: The girls are shocked that he would dare ignore sat Nav? And what does he do?
Speaker 5: He just keeps ignoring sat Nav And the girls are saying, you can't ignore sat navs. She's just trying to help you.
Speaker 2: It's all starting to come around, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Very clever? Bandit?
Speaker 2: Healer, Well, what's great is he's not just ignoring her. He's kind of talking sas to her. Nap, No, I'm not gonna do that, right, make a U turn? Nah? Yeah, he is being a sassy pants. I wonder where he got the inspiration for them from. Oh my gosh, Henry, where do they end up?
Speaker 3: They end up in statue World?
Speaker 2: And what is statue World?
Speaker 3: Do you think I think it looked like a cemetery.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, very good. While they're there, Bluie explains something to him. What does she tell him, Henry?
Speaker 3: She told him that he had to listen to sat NAV because she's just trying to help him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sat Nav isn't bossing him around, She's just trying to direct him in the ways he should go right. Yeah, Bendit did something I thought was really cute, and he apologized to sat Nav.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and one of the girls, I think it was Bingo, pretended to be sat Nav and said it's okay.
Speaker 2: Isn't that cue? That was a good sat Nav impression. They arrive at the place to get the surfboard Stella. What happens while they're there.
Speaker 3: Bandit is putting the surfboard on the top of his car, and the Bingo is showing the guy who sold them the surfboard her crab claw and he was telling her what kind of crab it's from, and he showed her a way to open the pincer.
Speaker 2: And what kind of crab was it from? Stella?
Speaker 3: A blue coral crab.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Bingo was super happy to learn of how to snap that claw closed. Blueing and Dad are getting the surfboard lashed down to the top of their car, and we cut to Bingo's school, Amanda, what happens.
Speaker 5: Bingo's teacher and her classmates are all gathered around on the rug in the classroom, and Bingo is standing in front of them and she does her show and Tell just perfectly. She shows them what she brought, she talks about it, and then she shows them how it pinches, and the kids just loved it. They were laughing and excited and were asking her to do it again.
Speaker 2: She nailed it. She did a great job. Henry. There was something going on in that class during Show and Tell. What was it?
Speaker 3: There's a kid picking his nose. Yeah, he was over there digging for gold, exploring for treasure.
Speaker 2: Yep, trying to get the bats out of the cave. Right. Oh yeah, oh my, Henry and I got a good laugh out of that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that just goes to show you that no matter how old you get, there's certain parts of you that just never grow up. Because that was funny, and that was the episode, Henry. Did we miss anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Henry could you tell us what were we supposed to learn today?
Speaker 3: What I think we're supposed to learn today is you need to listen to the people that are just trying to keep you safe. That's what I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really good, Henry. Just because somebody's giving you direction doesn't mean they're trying to boss you around. Yeah, what about you, Amanda.
Speaker 4: I agree with Henry.
Speaker 5: Being a parent, we have to tell our kids to do this or do that, or don't do this or don't do that. And we're not trying to boss them around. We are just trying to help them learn what's right and wrong right at times.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, and it's our job to do that. Yeah, we would be lax in our duties, so to speak, if we didn't guide the kids in the way to go right.
Speaker 5: Exactly like Bluie was saying that he was bossing them around with the seat belt thing.
Speaker 4: Well, that's just safety.
Speaker 5: And our kids are old enough now to know as soon as they get in the car, they'd automatically know to do that. But when they're little kids like Bluey and Bingo, they have to be reminded to do that, and it's for their safety.
Speaker 2: And I think that that's a tough thing for people in general to look past what's right in front of you and think more big picture when it comes to that sort of thing, because nobody likes to be told what to do. So to speak, right, what about you, Stella, I.
Speaker 3: Think moment Henry said it really.
Speaker 2: Well, I do too. I think they got a spot on.
Speaker 4: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. At my age, I still learn new things all the time, and I have to be open to people telling me, hey, you could do this a better way, you could do that a better way. And I guess that's one of the things that's come with experience that I know that they're not trying to boss me around. They're trying to show me the way to go, to guide me and that sort.
Speaker 5: Of thing, all right, And they're not necessarily telling you, hey, that was silly the way you did it. You did it completely wrong, But they're telling you an easier way for you to do it, or guiding you to do it the correct way, right, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like when I learned something new on the guitar, somebody is showing me a thing, right so, and I don't take it as they're bossing me around, but that can be tough. It really can be tough, but it's good to see it laid out like this.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. I agree.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode.
Speaker 5: I have to say that I don't think I've ever heard ketchup be described as beautiful or I'm sorry, tomato sauce some would call it.
Speaker 4: I just thought that was really cute.
Speaker 5: How the girls were so excited about it that they called it beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were really amazed by it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was cool that Bingo had a crab claw. I wonder how she got it, though.
Speaker 2: I bet that they got it at the beach. She probably found it there when they were just on vacation, when they were there for relax and stick Bird.
Speaker 3: Probably mm hmm. I think this episode is really funny, but I feel bad for Bandit and like the beginning part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were a lot of things in this that made me think back to when these two were younger and wanted to argue about everything. Well, I don't know, I don't know that that's definitely a when they were younger thing. I feel like we run into some of that here and there nowadays too.
Speaker 5: We definitely do still, but probably not as much as when they were younger. Like the whole why do I have to brush my teeth every day? Why do I have to brush him in the morning and at night? Why do I have to go to bed early?
Speaker 2: You know, wash my hands? I'm just gonna get them dirty again, exactly. Yeah, this was a fun one, and I really did. I empathized with Bandit, but I thought it was cool too that very plainly Blue knows how to push his buttons.
Speaker 4: She does.
Speaker 2: And I also this felt very familiar to me at the joy that Chili was getting from watching Bandit be antagonized, that felt very familiar to me.
Speaker 4: What what that's you?
Speaker 2: That's what you sound like?
Speaker 4: Whatever?
Speaker 2: Well, guys, we think Blue is awesome and until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, Bye bye,