Speaker 1: Oh, guess what day it is? Guess what Dad it is?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Anybody I heard.
Speaker 3: With epic with our show, you're gonna ruling it get except with similar free pursuing it tunneled out Shaw Shank through the sewer.
Speaker 1: Kid, Now what chilling at the Eagle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 1: Three o'clock on the dock.
Speaker 3: Got a habit for my house, a gold status, Howard starting to get crattic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit. Tune in, zone out, creak it up beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I'm on hang out with her friends, rocking on the lady my hum moys business.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio. It's time to to this falls kid. Oh baby, we go kak to the streaming up and all the moment radio. Yes, Hello and welcome everybody.
Speaker 5: This is the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle In Today we are broadcasting live from the Dallas Mavericks draft party at the American Airline Center.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do our show from three to six. It's brought to you by k Post Company. Very excited about this. They stepped up there sponsoring our draft extravaganza today and it's it's fun to be in the arena. It's fun to be here around all this energy. Doors are going to open here at five point thirty. Fans will be able to flood into the AAC and come watch the draft festivities here as the Dallas Mavericks have the number one pick. More on that later, but I do want to just set the tone for this thing and introduce the crew who's here all hands on deck on remote today at the American Airline Center. I'm Ben Rogers, and I'm joined by my close personal homie since nineteen eighty two. We grew up together in Richardson, Texas. Given up for Jeff skin Wade.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every time I hear set the tone, I think of that guy in that bear mask fame.
Speaker 1: It's so good not the tone set that down.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: It was a great moment for the entire world to enjoy. But what a horrible thing to do to that kid. Just unbelievable. Hi, Ben, Happy Draft Day. Oh dude, I'm so excited. I can't wait to get into all of this. But you're you're not only doing our show, you will you will jump away from our radio show up here at the American Airline Center We're in section one oh one, kind of the middle of the arena, on one of the baselines, looking down at center court where there's a nice TV set. Ok, and so look at that, jib arm I was cold skin and I was like, hey, man, where do I park here? And even though it's thirty seven emails about it, I was like, yeah, I don't know where to park. And he told me where and then I go, okay, are you here yet? And he goes, yeah, but I'm parking in a very special place. I'm a TV star, I'm parking where the players usually park.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll have time to talk.
Speaker 4: To you today, That's what he said to me. Uh so, but I'm looking at this set. You will leave our show and go do three hours of live television tonight. Yes, and it's going to be simulcast right here on the goal thanks to our friends at KPO.
Speaker 1: So it's Draft day, were the home of Dallas.
Speaker 4: Mavericks basketball, and so we're doing our show from the arena, like you mentioned, from three to six tons of Cooper flag and Maverick coverage. And then at six o'clock, MAVs TV is doing a television show.
Speaker 1: It's a party here at the American Airline Center.
Speaker 4: They have not had the number one pick in the draft since nineteen eighty one when they drafted Mark acguire. That was before the lottery even existed. The lottery didn't come into being for another five or six years later, and it started with Patrick.
Speaker 1: Ewing going to the New York Knicks.
Speaker 4: But in the entire history of the lottery starting, and when the lottery started, do you guys know how many teams that were in the lottery?
Speaker 1: Uh? No, any guests say, good guess seven seven seven teams in the lottery.
Speaker 4: And then it changed over time, and because there were so many people that were convinced that the lottery was rigged, they started doing all the lottery all these different ways. And in that entire history, the Mavericks had no ever moved up, not even moved up in the lottery, much less get the number one pick.
Speaker 1: And they got the number one pick in a.
Speaker 4: Year where a transition or not trans Thank you transcendent player, you shall.
Speaker 1: Let Yeah, why did we throw him a lifelong yell? Are sweet? Uh? And so they get him.
Speaker 4: I mean last year Atlanta went from number ten to number one and they got a decent player. It sudn't get a franchise changing player. It's such a big deal that our whole extravaganza to day is music free. We're just going to do our show for three hours and then get into three hours of the MAVs Draft simulcast coverage that's going to be awesome. But also joining us today the pride and joy of Only Texas. You know, we had a couple of good years hitting kind of in the middle to late part of that only JV batting order, little backup utility infield action on that JV squad, Kevin kat Turnay.
Speaker 1: Have people for a JV squad? I was on Varsiti.
Speaker 2: Uh three, we have six in the Metroplex eighty seven.
Speaker 1: That good, there's no way. It's only eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Significantly south of the Heat Dome. Okay, But if you go up north and to the northeast, they're having some problems. Now politically, I would say up in New York, there's a big story. It's Harvey Epstein is leading the primary. He Harvey Epstein leading Anthony Wiener, And I'm paying attention to this, like maybe more than the NBA Draft.
Speaker 1: Harvey Epstein, I don't know if I know Harvey Epstein.
Speaker 2: He's a real guy and he is dunking on Anthony Wiener, who's back now. His brother Jeff used to hang out with Wiener.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, it's a real guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's got the worst name that you could have outside of the Ravens play by play guy Jerry Sandusky. That was a tough deal for him. That is tough when that'll happen. But yeah, he's both one part Weinstein and one part Epstein with none of the criminal stuff we know we.
Speaker 1: Know, right, uh So keep us abreast on that, Kevin.
Speaker 2: New York listener, I can have one more piece of New York news like this. Have y'all seen the new picture picture.
Speaker 1: For the Mets. His name is a Dicky love Lady.
Speaker 2: That's not a real His first name is Richard, but he goes by Dickie.
Speaker 4: He doesn't go by dick No, Dickie love Lady, Love Ladies fantastic. It's a name and effect sounds like for electric six for it does sound like electric sixes.
Speaker 1: A redneck dick loves Lady.
Speaker 4: Also joining us today is a lady who is a phenomenal guitarist. She can be heard uh in the popular local Nirvana cover band Oatmeal Pizza. She's also the only really good thing and redeeming thing about this dumbass show.
Speaker 1: Christina k Y a little baby, corn bread racked. Hey, guys, I still say blanket in my head when you say that hard time not saying it. I'm like, is it Blincoln or not? Is the name of the band? When are you guys performing again? If I might ask.
Speaker 7: This Friday night, then at Club Dotta. Okay, we're playing with Van dam as.
Speaker 4: Well bandam Are you all gonna do any Nirvana songs?
Speaker 7: Yesay, every every song but one will be a Nirvanica cool?
Speaker 1: Is it a mystery? Are you glad to say what the other song is?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta show up and see what it is. Okay? Is it Gigan? No? Man, have you given that up?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I haven't given it up. Okay, is it cherry Bomb?
Speaker 4: It's not cherry Is it cherry Pie?
Speaker 1: By warrant?
Speaker 7: It is not?
Speaker 1: But maybe at the next show we'll do that.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 4: If you guys the guys, you guys did cherry Pie, I'd be sold. Be great.
Speaker 1: Is there an acoustic set beforehand from John Claude. Oh, I like that question, O, not that I know of. I haven't seen him in many action movies.
Speaker 4: All the steroids just made his whole body pop. I think he's doing French love films now. By the way, the big story of the day is the MAVs draft. The second big in the NBA draft. Second biggest story is the liver King in trouble. We'll get into that later.
Speaker 1: Huge.
Speaker 4: How has that impacted the last twenty four hours of you guys watching liver King meltdown? Man, I didn't know what happened until you guys told me, and I still don't know that it happened, So it hasn't impacted me a lot.
Speaker 2: I'll be one hundred percent honest for a show that's going to do this story a little bit later in the.
Speaker 1: Shot, I don't know any of the details yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did see the mugshot and he's not holding up well, yeah, just to subscribe to his diet. You need all those weird look to put some stuff.
Speaker 4: I like watching it because it's this huge, ripped guy with like a Viking helmet on and he's just eating raw beef testicles.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, sure, I'll watch this. Wow, what's wrong with this? You guys? Let me know when he's turned into Mickey Rourke and he is.
Speaker 4: And so. Over the last i don't know, forty eight hours, he started melting down and really seemed like a mental health distress call, and he started calling out Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: I don't know what their beef is.
Speaker 4: He started threatening Joe Rogan and then he got in his car and drove to Austin to meet Joe Rogan while he's making threats, and the police were like, yeah.
Speaker 1: You can't do that.
Speaker 4: Why not just have Bernie Sanders kick his ass. He's hanging out with Joe Rogan right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyways, we'll have more on that once we read about it. But man, the big story of the day the MAVs are I have the number one pick, They're getting Cooper Flag and man, I don't know where the full metroplex is with all this, where everybody stands, But for me, I'm.
Speaker 1: Over the Lucas stuff.
Speaker 4: I'll never fully I'm able to compartmentalize my anger in the trade.
Speaker 1: Do I think it was a good trade?
Speaker 4: Hell no, I think it's the worst trade I've ever seen in the history of trading, and whether it's sports or lunch room trade and the sandwich for a banana, any trade that's ever happened in the history of mankind.
Speaker 1: This might be the worst one of those.
Speaker 4: But that said, the drug that I love most when it comes to sports is hope.
Speaker 1: Hope is hope is better than anything.
Speaker 4: It's even it's almost better than contending because the promise of being able to contend and having a big winning window open. The thing about Luca that was so great, he was our wonder boy right he was young.
Speaker 1: They had a ten fifteen twenty year window.
Speaker 4: If you look at the magical you know Nature in which Dirk spent twenty one seasons here. But you know, the hope of what was to come, knowing you had one of the unicorns in the basketball universe universe. You know, even if the MAVs that ended up with the number two pick, I'd still be pissed off right now about Luca. But they're not number two. They somehow lucked into getting the number one pick in this draft in a year where it's a transcendent player, one of the best all around number ones to come out since Anthony Davis. Or you could even say sence zion, but an undisputed number one, like his sophomore year of high school, the thought was he's the number one guy in his class. And then his junior year, senior year college he stayed number one. Yeah, like sometimes the guy starts his number one and ends up ninety eight. He was number one as a sophomore, and yep, number one now and going number one in the draft, and so he can't miss. He's can't miss. And so I could be angry about the Luca trade. And I don't want to tell anyone how to feel. I don't begrudge anyone for feeling however they want to feel. I know some people will never come back to the Mavericks. I was wondering. I didn't know if I was going to be a Maths fan anymore. I bought Lakers gear, I went through it. We're all about that's similar to the time you bought the Joe Bonds handager. That's actually a true story. Yeah, and I regret it, and I hate that you brought it up on air. I'm probably gonna sue you.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that one, like, he apologized a couple of years later.
Speaker 1: He bought the one when he was a Chief.
Speaker 4: That's not true. But I thought about quitting. I thought about it. You know, man, I can't do it. I'm out, I'm not in. I can't be a Maverick fan. And I've been a Maverick fan since eighty. So this the ad, This, this restores hope.
Speaker 1: This is my drug.
Speaker 4: He's the youngest player drafted since Lebron, Like he's he's younger than my oldest son, who's here. By the way, he might be the youngest Maverick drafted since we got Leon Wood, not Leon Wood.
Speaker 1: What was his name, Leon Smith? Did you remember the guy from Chicago? Yes, But it's like the hope drug is back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so look, you're you got a player who's gonna be good for fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's gonna be elite?
Speaker 4: Who's gonna They not only are a contender when Kyrie gets healthy, but they're a contender that just got the number one pick. And so there's a lot of that. I don't like about that trade. But I'm able to move forward, and I know not everybody is. Did you see Lebron talking about Cooper Flagg calling him a dog and talking about how hard he goes and yeah, but the specific thing I was talking about.
Speaker 1: Was he's like, he's afforded a situation.
Speaker 4: I was not, Like Lebron went to a team where I think their second best player might have been Donielle Marshall. He was like, man, he's going to a team with three Hall of famers. Think about, Yeah, there's three guys on the Dallas Mavericks right now that are Hall of Famers. There's two guys that he's gonna be playing with that are former number one picks. Okay, and so he's coming into an organization where all you.
Speaker 1: Have to do is look at.
Speaker 4: The thing I would compare it to is look at how suddenly the entire NBA changed the way they felt about PJ.
Speaker 1: Washington Junior.
Speaker 4: Like, it's just so different when you're in a good organization with great players. And I'm not taking shots at Charlotte, but they've been bad for a long time and they're having a tough time getting out of it, and so that has a negative effect on everybody.
Speaker 1: And so PJ.
Speaker 4: Washington Junior gets here and then suddenly everyone's like, oh, yeah, I remember why he was a late lottery pick and such a hot Wow, this guy could do everything. It's like, yeah, because he's playing with great players. This is why super teams formed. Kevin Durant Lebron James like, Man, I don't want to have to do every single thing myself. It'd be badass to play with another great player like Magic and Bird did. And so it's like when you come into a situation that he's coming into where they're asking him, hey, be our fourth best starter on a team that has championship aspirations, that's very liberating, right, And he has a chance to learn from elite players how to go be a franchise changing player. He doesn't have to go figure it out next to Donielle Marshall. He gets to come and immediately be with two guys that are franchise changing players that can teach him how to do it. And team building wise, it used to be about all right, man, can you get two superstars? And then obviously you look at the Miami he let's get three superstars and that idea. Now, this idea of building a team with depth. Look what Oklahoma City is doing. There's a lot of you know, there's teams out there now that all right, we look at Indiana like just guy after guy after guy who's good and can contribute. Right that, you know, if you were going to try to acquire Cooper Flag to a team that already had two overall number one picks, that would cost you your whole cap. He's going to make what fourteen million or whatever somewhere in there, And so they're just team building wise. You know they could they still may make other trades, but right if you keep PJ and you know you can't, Like you got all these guys, you got so much depth. Do you all want to talk about the Kyrie thing that happened last night? I do, but I do want to ask Kat and Christina how they're feeling about everything, because I know you guys love Luca like we all love Luca. So Christina, how are you doing emotionally with all of this today?
Speaker 7: I don't think I'll be fully over the Luca thing. I will say, I am excited. I am very excited for this day, but I will not fully be over it until we actually, like officially get Cooper Flag, like he is actually with our team and wearing a Mavericks jersey, and then when I see them play the first game. Altogether, I think that's when I'll finally be like, Okay, take a deep breath. Everything's going to be okay for the next what fifteen twenty years, hopefully more than that.
Speaker 1: Do you guys remember what you thought?
Speaker 4: And you may have watched it live, you may have not, But you guys, remember what you're thinking as you're watching the first half of it Rockets Mavericks game.
Speaker 1: When he took the floor, I was furious, and then I was cheering very loudly, going, oh my god, we're so good.
Speaker 4: Am I allowed to feel this way when they were When the second seed in the West couldn't get a shot off, it.
Speaker 2: Was pretty wild when Ad played to the crowd, Yeah, that was huge. Meanwhile, on the other TV, I was watching some golf. It was really a great in that tournament. I think that was one of the Hawaii tournaments.
Speaker 1: Really good.
Speaker 4: But that Ad immediately got hurt, which complicates the whole discussion. But kt where are you with everything?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm in a lot of places. Uh, Personally, I don't like that. There's no surprise, like nothing's gonna top the twenty eighteen draft.
Speaker 1: And we were alive on the air doing the show and we were as it was going down.
Speaker 2: We had Donnie Nelson on the show and he's making jokes about we're going to draft eight and even though eight and was going number one, and little did we know that trade mechanisms were already happening. And then we got that reporter from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: On it was huge.
Speaker 2: Oh, like was breaking it kind of that the Mavericks are going to trade to get Luca. And the other thing I'm really thinking about a lot today is I am excited that Cooper Flagg will be wearing a Mavericks hat when he's drafted, because I do think it's a real bummer that Luca had to wear an Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Hawk's hat and his draft picture. I still think of him as a Hawk.
Speaker 2: It's really outside of letting big trades happen before game seven of your finals. It's really one of the dumbest things that the league has going right now that we can't just make it clear who's pick is who's You.
Speaker 4: Don't like that a team in the finals was making trades after like games three.
Speaker 2: It's not my favorite and I think we could just all learn some lessons from some other leagues.
Speaker 1: Because it's just not a smart way to do business. It's really dumb.
Speaker 2: You know how many nine year olds are going to be and confused tonight about who's getting drafted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad you brought up nine year olds because here's one of the things that I've noticed about discourse public conversation about sports. It's run by social media, okay, and things can appear bigger than they are because of social media, and social media is mostly run by young people, younger people that don't have all this perspective.
Speaker 1: Here's how you can tell.
Speaker 4: They'll name the greatest mavericks of old time and not one of them played before twenty ten. Right, And you're like, okay, I get it. You know your world is your world. But I want everybody And I tried to bring this up during the trade because everyone started talking about, well, who the addlsons are and Dumont and how they don't care and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: I was like, I want everybody to remember that.
Speaker 4: In nineteen ninety six, the team was run by Ross pro Junior. It was a real estate development and he took a land developer, gave him the job of GM. He traded Jason Kidd and then told the newspaper it's not rocket science so to act like this is some thing, Oh my god, and I thinks like this the sneaker salesman, oh my god, like dude a real estate developer traded a future Hall of Famer and said it wasn't rocket science. This happened to this franchise. So it's like, in the moment, it's brutal. I get it, we're emotional about this stuff, but they have a tendency.
Speaker 1: Life has a tendency to move on. I'll be cooking the story.
Speaker 8: This is.
Speaker 2: I'm glare to tell this because the nineties MAVs were so bad and it was maybe my favorite thing happening, the idea that the three J's were going to bring us somewhere, and only we didn't get every MAVs game on TV and avert being so mad. The Mavericks were the second game of the doubleheader playing against the Lakers on TNT, and the first game went to overtime, so that means they didn't get to the MAVs game until like ten forty five, And I could watch a fifteen win MAVs team get smoked by the Lakers, and I was really excited for that. So like, we've got it really good here and have had it really good for a long time. I didn't kind of forget what the nineties were like with this team, because Jesus, that was horrible.
Speaker 4: They were the second worst franchise in the entire decade of any sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any sport. Brutal.
Speaker 4: Well, this is a different time, It's a different day and age and contenders. Getting the number one pick, that number one pick expected to be Cooper Flag kind of a no brainer. We are broadcasting from the American Airline Center thanks to k Post Company. They did the roof at the AAC Global Live Field and at and T Stadium roofing, waterproofing and solar solutions. They're really really good about that. We appreciate those guys sponsoring our draft extravaganza. We're going to do our show with no music today from three to six live from the AAC. Then we're going to hand it off to the MAVs simulcast of the draft. All of that happening tonight right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. We are hanging out at a draft party at the American Airline Center and it is brought to you by our friends at k Post. As you guys, know k Post Company, DFW's trusted name in roofing, waterproofing, and solar solutions. Here's how it goes down today, Ben and Skin show on the air till six live from the American Airline Center, and then the doors open here at the American Airline Center at five thirty. If you're coming down, we're in section one oh one. Come by and see us. We got the whole iHeart crew in the house. Then at six o'clock we are going to carry mAbs TV's coverage of the draft party. We're gonna simulcast it from six to nine on ninety seven point one the Eagle because we are the home of.
Speaker 1: Dallas Mavericks basketball.
Speaker 4: Now, this here particular segment is brought to you by a Twisted Root Burger company.
Speaker 1: Man. Twisted Root is so good, Ben, It is a Dallas institution. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And if you're like us and you wonder, all right, what is the best burger in DFW, it's definitely in that conversation. This is one of those burger joints that always comes up when you start talking about it. But they got a little attitude, in a little swagger, They've got a big personality. It's just a fun place to go, even when you know. You place your order and then you're waiting for him to cook it up, and they don't. They don't want your real name. They call out a fake name. Yeah, you may call out James Brown or Vanilla Ice, Bill bow bagging, Steve Bouchelle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have no idea what they're gonna say. I don't think they've ever called out Steve Bouschelle.
Speaker 4: But if you go and mention Ben and Skin, they'll give you ten percent off at all their area locations. Okay, before we get into the Hollywood shuffle. Well, let's talk about this. We're just mentioning the Kyrie Irving thing. Kyrie Irving signed, he had the ability to opt into his deal for one more year at about forty three.
Speaker 1: Point something million.
Speaker 4: Instead, he opted out, and according to all the reports, is going to sign a three year deal with a player option in the third year for one hundred and nineteen million total. So doing the quick math, that is under forty million dollars a year. The reason that is significant is because of salary cap machinations, the Mavericks will be able to use what they call an exception and sign another player for a five point seven million dollar contract that can go land them some guard help that they are going to desperately need until Kyrie comes back. So great move for the Mavericks that is working with a player.
Speaker 1: It's fair for both sides.
Speaker 4: He helped the team this year have a chance to really push their chips in a little bit more. We'll talk about some of the names, but Kyrie working with Nico in the front office to get something done was I think it was huge. I love Kyrie and that's just another case of a guy like giving a team a discount or doing something to where it's not all about him financially personally, doing something that.
Speaker 1: Sacrifices a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously he's making a lot of money, but he didn't squeeze him for everything they got. You know, he worked with them and now that's enabling them to sign a player for that five point seven million dollar taxpayer mid level mid level exception. Yep, the names that are thrown out, I do want to mention those two because I want to know.
Speaker 1: I want you to listen to these guys in order.
Speaker 4: Okay, the four names most closely associated a guy that can be a point guard while Kyrie misses the first half of the year, and then when Kyrie comes back, they can just ease into being a rotational player or backup point guard. Dennis Schroeder, D'Angelo Russell, Chris Paul, and Malcolm Brogden. Okay, So, in fairness, like, I feel like I know a lot about D'Angelo Russell's game.
Speaker 1: He's the one I want.
Speaker 4: Well, I wouldn't say the least. I would probably want him over Shrewder. I don't want Shrewder, and I don't think he's gonna be here. I think he's going to get a fourteen million dollar exception. I've been here in Sacramento and he's the youngest. Well, Russell might be the round the same age. They're pretty close. Russell is a gunner, okay, streaky as all get out, and he the next guy he stops from scoring will be the first.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, defense wins championship. Yeap.
Speaker 4: So if we're gonna do the Nico loves two way players thing, man, I'd take him off the list immediately. So who of these guys can play defense? Brogdon is See, here's the thing. I'd be lying if I told you I saw Brogden play more than twice last year because he played for the Wizards.
Speaker 1: Oh, Chris Paul is forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But when I saw Chris Paul play, you know what, He's perfect for this role.
Speaker 1: We're talking eighteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he'll he'll play twenty to twenty five minutes until Kyrie comes back. And man, when we played San Antonio late in the year and it was after wimbin Yama had been hurt, We're covering the game and I'm looking at the stats and I'm like, Chris Paul shot forty three percent from three over his last eight games late in the year. What like the role we're talking about, I'm okay with it. If I had to bet money, I would bet money on Brogden. Brogden played for j Kidd and Milwaukee. The Mavericks were interested in getting him like five.
Speaker 1: Years ago or four years ago.
Speaker 4: But I know that there were people on the medical side where they were like, I ain't signing off.
Speaker 1: On that knee.
Speaker 4: And I think it was Stein who said that the MAVs are front runners for D'Angelo Russell. And so I was like, I was kind of feeling the same way you were. But I don't, you know, I'm not as familiar with his game as you are. They may look at this and I don't know what's gonna happen with Dante X, who's good defensive player, and they may look at it and go, man, we just need one of those guys. He's far and away the best shooter from outside. Like, but I mean, there was a game where him and uh Luka Doncic went head to head when he played for the Warriors. They went head to head in the first half. I think he had twenty four against us in the first half. But like, he will shoot you out of a game just as fast as he'll shoot you in it. Yeah, And so there's a reason I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 1: Was he at number one pick?
Speaker 6: Was?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think he was. If he wasn't, he was top three.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to remember that draft. You know, he drew a lot of James Harden comparisons, Lefty step back, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: But dude, he's a gunner.
Speaker 4: And I don't know that that's the style of basketball that we're going to be playing. But I'm also I don't know what this coaching staff specifically wants. They may say we want a guy who is an of those guys. He's the best offensive creator. But I mean, if I'm looking at the style of basketball, I think we're gonna play what we're going for. To me, Brogden and Paul make more sense at that little amount of money because it's a little amount of money. Those whoever we get is going to be making less than Jayden Hardy, Right. But do you think that this is whatever that move is, that mid level exception or whatever taxpayer exit, whatever five point seven for that point guard, that's going to be the only mover, or do you see them making another move of any kind.
Speaker 1: I think they're open to trades.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be surprised if they jump back in the end of the first round or early part of the second. Keep an eye on Brooklyn. They have five first round picks. But you know, there was rumors that they were looking to get back into the draft, and a lot of people were drawing conclusions to the guard out of Duke named Proctor that's really close with Cooper Flag and he's not a point guard. He's a shooter, spot up shooter, and he's a really good defensive competitor. And so there's some thought that that's who they would be gunning for. But you know, if it's funny, I know, Niko's a dirty word around here.
Speaker 1: If you were to do the ledger and lineup the.
Speaker 4: Good moves and the bad moves, the good moves outweigh the bad moves honestly four to one. It depends on what you're willing to give the man credit for. Are you willing to give credit to Kyrie taking less money to stay here and help the team out. Yes, are you willing to give credit to him for that? If you want to line up the moves? I mean, the Grant Williams deal was an overreach, but then he turned it into PJ. Washington Junior. Obviously the Luca thing, you know, we can talk about. We talked about ad nauseum. I don't blame him at all for Jalen Bruntson. That was all Mark Cuban, every bit of it. So if you look at like Gafford, PJ. Washington Junior, Derek Lively, the second turning old nothing into Jaden Hardy, I mean it just goes on and on, like he's had a lot of great moves here, but nobody wants to hear that.
Speaker 1: And so that's fair.
Speaker 2: You're only as popular as your last move, So Kyrie Irving, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think. I don't think we're there yet. It was not official. That was fine. Speaking of moves, let's talk about movies. Oh yeah, that was a good segue. Thank you, y moves, Hot God ever stay out the top shovel.
Speaker 2: New York Slimes just put out their top one hundred, you know, movies since the twenty first centuries.
Speaker 1: Since it's the year two thousand, so I thought we could just kind of.
Speaker 2: Keep it going because they're like rolling it out every single morning, and uh, you know, we did a lot of basketball stuff. Let's just kind of roll it in and keep that going and just kind of mixing back hit a little more basketball later. Okay, there's uh number sixties a movie called Whiplash. I ever saw it, but it's music and I should see it.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic. Oh JK, what's his name here?
Speaker 4: So I don't know how this happened, but so my son is seventeen. I think my son has seen five movies ever, and one of them is Whiplash and he loves it. Was there some sort of TikTok thing or something? With whiplash.
Speaker 1: Yes, how my son found an indie movie? Yes, so it.
Speaker 4: Would you know that movie is about you know, Jake what is it j Simmons, who is who is an overbearing band leader. Yeah, and he is just the biggest jerk a hole ever And he's just not to be confused with JK. Rowling, who's an overbearing author. And so Miles Teller plays this drummer and he's away from you know, he's on a scholarship and he's and he's just everybody is abused by this man. And so if you just show it in snippets, you take him being punished and abused and treated really poorly, and you put it on TikTok and you show an overbearing old person being mean to a young person.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: That got traction, and it's just like, you know, that's how young people look at movies.
Speaker 1: Now show me the movie in thirty seconds. Right, Well, we'll get off Ben's lawn number fifty eight. What about fifty nine? Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, I was gonna skip it, Tony Erdman, Let's give you fifty eight uncut gems not to be confused with the porno uncut Jims which is discussed.
Speaker 1: What's a guy's name, Jim, you don't want to see that? Said, A great movie.
Speaker 4: And if you think about it, like that's Adam Sandler truly acting, and he's hot.
Speaker 1: He's brilliant in it. I heard.
Speaker 4: I love the score, I love the vibe of it all. It's just really a really well done movie. I didn't have your guy KG. Yeah, Kg's in it, and you always said he's better than dirt. By the way, I never said that, Perkins. Kendrick Perkins said he was describing Cooper Flag. He said, it's like if Kevin Garnett and Lebron James had a baby.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's what he said. Man, that's going to bring trans in a sport man.
Speaker 2: Get that all right, get that out of here. But KG was good in that movie too. Sailor's a good dramatic actor. Yes, people are talking about it everyone. Fifty seven best.
Speaker 1: In Show seems a little high for me, but I like it. Good moment, it's fun, it's funny movie. You said you saw Kate here two weeks ago. Okay, yeah, yeah, wouldn't have.
Speaker 7: It's probably that hike because it started all those other movies.
Speaker 4: Well, it was pretty early. I mean spinal Tap did, but yeah, it was early in.
Speaker 1: The Fame fifty six Adam Sandler.
Speaker 4: What we were just talking about, this is the movie I thought of when you said he's a good dramatic actor.
Speaker 1: I need to see this problem.
Speaker 4: It's a Paul It's a Paul Thomas Anderson movie. And Paul Thomas Anderson knew he was going to try to do some comedic stuff, and he actually worked on the set or worked as a writer for SNL for a couple of seasons, or at least one. I'm assuming that's how he met my Rudolph, his wife, but then that led to him making this movie.
Speaker 1: With Adam Sandler. It's great, cool fifty five inception Christopher Nolan twenty four. Hard to believe that it's not higher. Yeah, that's a great movie.
Speaker 7: When's the last time y'all watched it? I was thinking about rewatching it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I watched it anytime I stumble across it on I probably have watched it three times in the last three months. So you were going to go back to the first time you saw it and watch it again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think i've seen it since it was out in theater, so.
Speaker 2: I don't think I have either. I've seen it's incredible, though. Fifty four pans Labyrinth.
Speaker 1: I never saw that.
Speaker 4: That's the dude that made the movie where the fish you're talking about the shape of water?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, same guy, right, Garable Deltor. Yeah, yeah yeah, Gearabl Deltro.
Speaker 2: I never thought at least a famous of the del Toro brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait year does it? See six? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, I thought I was younger than that when I saw it and remember being creeked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but number fifty three, oh yes, two thousand and six more at Cultural Learnings of America from make Benefit.
Speaker 1: Glorious Fish, because that's incredible.
Speaker 2: My wife told me she has not seen this movie, and I was like, we're gonna watch it soon.
Speaker 1: It's great, Honestly, it honestly should be higher. Yeah, spectacular.
Speaker 2: It's spectact, and I think it probably holds up better now than maybe even back then. Yeah, because it's crazier now, it's crazier.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I really like the second one. I really like. Nope, none of those different bort too, oh it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The only good part in Bruno is when that dog is flipping around and then sings to the camera.
Speaker 1: Is just, you know, be on your heels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the utes undertoes.
Speaker 1: Being the boar at real quick.
Speaker 7: When he's going through the cheese, asking him how much this is, he keeps saying the same amount.
Speaker 1: Or is this cheese?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 2: What it is?
Speaker 1: Is this cheese? This suit is not gray. This suit is gray.
Speaker 2: Not the favorite number fifty two. This is your ghost. Your ghost is the guy who did poor.
Speaker 1: Things that they oh crazy am a Stone movie? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I never saw it either, but I have actually heard it's very good. It doesn't look like something i'd want to watch today, though fifty one twelve years of slave, I.
Speaker 1: Have not seen it. I can't put myself in the mindset. Yeah, no, I feel that bad. Number fifty up should be higher.
Speaker 2: God, I can't put myself in the mindset to feel that bad.
Speaker 1: You got to feel bad for five minutes. Yeah, the first first five minutes are so depressive. And again that.
Speaker 4: I've said this before, but you know, when my dad passed away, we were trying to cheer my mom up. She loves movies. We always love Pixar movies. So we're like, let's just go to the movie. And we didn't research it. To see what it was about. Oh my god, and it was about losing your spouse. Losing your spouse and then like having nothing to live for. At that point, it's like, oh.
Speaker 1: Should we get up and leave this? This is the worst thing we've ever done.
Speaker 2: Mom.
Speaker 1: Remember when we took you to see base against It? I was my spouse in the grocery store every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just to look around and be like where, and then for five minutes you're like looking and we're both walking around the store looking for each other because we can't. That is amazing, very sad. Wonder off faster than anyone I've ever seen, and she won't know where she's at, which is against the rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. Yeah, agreed, especially now that we have phones.
Speaker 2: Let's do fifty through forty one sometime maybe in the four thirty segment, all right, right around then?
Speaker 1: How's that all right?
Speaker 4: That sounds great to you, man, That sounds great. We are at the Dallas Mavericks Draft party. Our coverage here on ninety seven to one. The Eagle, the Home of MAVs Basketball, is brought to you by k Post Company. They did the roof at the AAC Globalifield in at and T Stadium Roofing, waterproofing, and solar solutions. K Post Company, Great, great company, appreciate them sponsoring our draft show today. We're gonna go all the way till six o'clock with no music, and then we're gonna hand it off first simulcast with the MAVs TV broadcast, but coming up next you'll look out there on center court. You see that guy in that baby blue shirt. It is Ted Emeric, just the young, fast rising media star, and pretty soon you're gonna watch him walk up to where we are our broadcast location in the middle of the American Airline Center, and he's gonna join us. We'll get you ready for the draft, and we're gonna do that talking to Ted Emeric. Coming up next Draft Day, the NBA Draft is tonight. Your Dallas Mavericks have the number one pick. Cooper Flag will soon be a Dallas Maverick. He'll go number one in this bad boy and it is very, very exciting, a shot in the arm for this franchise. All Dallas Mavericks basketball games can be heard right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle, and our draft coverage today is brought to you by K Post Company. They've did the roof at the AAC Globe Life Field in AT and T Stadium as well, roofing, waterproofing, solar solutions. They're really really good at all that stuff. Big ups to Nick and k Post Company for sponsoring this. Really really appreciate that. Now our coverage will be live three to six with no music from the AEC. That's where we are now, and at six o'clock we will turn things over to the MAVs television broadcast.
Speaker 1: We'll have a simulcast of their.
Speaker 4: Draft coverage, which is going to be exceptional and skin Weight will be on that.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk of MAVs basketball.
Speaker 4: We'll get into some other things throughout the day, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: Now, this goal around.
Speaker 6: The sports KG tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 2: Yes, gentlemen, all five billion, are you listening live well on the iHeartRadio app?
Speaker 1: Please stand up for ed God, there's no cameras here. What am I doing? What's going on? Guys?
Speaker 6: Did I just miss Dragula by Rob Zombie?
Speaker 1: Or what we got? What we got coming up? Music free today?
Speaker 4: Okay during our show and then during the drafts Yeah, no.
Speaker 6: Rob Zombie later after to celebrate.
Speaker 1: Are you taking over at nine? Yes?
Speaker 4: All right, Christine will be playing Eddy is making the request welcome to our show now.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it, skin man. Looking forward to tonight with you and follow well and great to be here with you guys.
Speaker 1: This is man.
Speaker 6: We felt all the emotions right since February first, and I'm starting to feel hope. Yeah, like because of this player, just like Bill Clinton. Man, yeah, can please please say that tonight? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I will man.
Speaker 6: I I was so fortunate that I got to see Cooper Flag of Bond when he was in high school at Montvert Academy. Tell us about doing the the high school package on ESPN, it's all about recruiting. You're seeing these guys before they become these household names. So got to see Zion Williamson at his senior night in Spartanburg, South Carolina, in a little bandbox of a gym, you know, got to see RJ. Barrett and this guy and that guy like there is in my seven eight years of doing that for ESPN, there is nobody that has struck me like Cooper Flag like there is. He is a killer. He is an absolute killer. He wants to rip your heart out. He wants to take a bite of it. He wants to then step on it with his new balanced shoes and then leave a trail of blood in his wake.
Speaker 1: This is who he is, this perfect first Nation that plays Rob Zombie. Yes, okay, that.
Speaker 4: Is an unbelievable vivid painting, a portrait that you just paid it for. So but I want to know more about now, why do you say that? Is this a guy who is You're never gonna worry about his energy, You're not gonna have to worry about how hearty's trying.
Speaker 1: He's like, what what is it that makes you think that? It's what I saw? Ben?
Speaker 6: I And again, no matter the level of competition, whether it was set the scene right, Montvert Academy, it's just outside of Orlando. He transferred there from his tiny school up in Maine because he wanted to follow the likes of Cad Cunningham and Scottie Barnes and RJ. Barrett and Ben Simmons and Angela Yushy go there to his sophomore year. His sophomore year, and then he reclassified. He jumped up and all of a sudden he was a senior in the class of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Did he not win Mister Basketball as a freshman in the state of Maine, Like did they?
Speaker 1: Winyah, he's a freshman. They went to stay and again it's Maine, right, it's Maine.
Speaker 6: But people took notice in that summer after that freshman season, and he transfers to Montford because he realized, I have to go somewhere where they play a national schedule where it's like college in high school, in training, nutrition, all of that, the travel, and so that we saw that he was on our air in Springfield, Massachusetts at the Whopaul Classic. He was on our air in Indianapolis at Guyico Nationals, the Big March Madness style high school tournament that's every year the week of the Final Four on ESPN. He impacts the game without scoring. It's at both ends and to your point, bent the energy. It's something that can be taken for granted so easily, like that growing up, like, yeah, of course you're supposed to play hard. It's funny how that's become a skill, and yet nobody plays as hard as Cooper Flag does.
Speaker 4: That's that whole thing though, where I mean, look, there's all these talented guys but it can be.
Speaker 1: I think it's mostly genetic.
Speaker 4: But the idea where they say the guy's a dog, like we hear that in sports all the time, but that means something different to the guys that actually play or the guys that coach. There is this inate ability and it's you know, we joke about it on the air as the three dogs one bone. There's three dogs, and one dog's gonna get that bone. And if it's the same dog every time, that differentiates him from all the It's King Charles, right, And that's the name of that dog.
Speaker 1: That you shows the dog you know about King Charles, whoa ben.
Speaker 4: We'll share some videos with you later about that dog that runs the yard named King Charles. But if the same dog gets the bone every time, that's a dog, right, And that's what you know you said you've seen as you called his games in high school, and I hear his peers and I hear the guys that have been doing this, they all say the same thing about him.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you a quick story from the McDonald's All American game that we did. It was in Houston the year he was a senior, So April of last year, twenty twenty four. It's funny to think it was only that long ago and here we are a year later and he's coming here. We got a chance to sit down with all the top ranked guys in one room the day before the game, and it's a lot of guys that are gonna hear their names called early, just like Cooper Flagg.
Speaker 1: Here tonight was ten years ago.
Speaker 6: It is last year, at the end of their senior year, so before they go to college. We're talking about Flag, We're talking about Dylan Harper, vj Edgecombe, Trey Johnson, Ace Bailey. So like the top five guys in the class, if you will, and you like to feel him out, it's me and it's Corey Alexander. If'm NBA player, former Spur, you know ESPN analyst Paul BIANCRDI who does all the rankings, the director of recruiting for ESPN, And you like to feel him out, kind of get to know him a little bit, and we ask him, how is is this going to be a game tomorrow? Because the McDonald's All American Game it's much like the NBA All Star Game. It's it just devolves into a bunch of one on one Nobody plays defense and Cooper Flagg cuts everybody else off and he says, oh, it's gonna be a game.
Speaker 4: Oh let's go really and let's like everyone fell in line and it was not one twenty one to one nineteen.
Speaker 6: The next day it was eighty eight to eighty six. Cooper Flag is making play. I mean he sent one into the fifth row, you know, against Dylan Harper. On the other side, he makes a play against Harper in the final minute, forcing a turnover.
Speaker 1: Cooper Flag just wins.
Speaker 6: He is a that that is his greatest skill.
Speaker 4: I want to tell you guys a quick story of what this reminds me of, because I do think I think it's an innate quality and like not to not to go too far off the path here, but you know, the whole Lebron James Michael Jordan, who's the goat or whatever.
Speaker 1: The thing that I've always said about that is well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just know if those two guys fought, Michael Jordan would rip Lebron's bone.
Speaker 1: Out of his body and kill him with it. Right, So you can whatever you want. I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: The thing that separates those two guys is one guy wants to be liked and the other guy wants to kill you. It's not a knock on Lebron. I'm just saying that's just a thing that certain people have. Usually they're a psychopath, all right, But that's kind of thing we're buddies with. Oh my god, Greg Buckner, right, And Greg Buckner has been here, He's been all around the league, and he ran the draft the year that the Houston Rockets had three first round picks. He was on their staff and he was running the draft and they brought all the guys in to compete.
Speaker 1: They do these individual drills, they do.
Speaker 4: Three on three drills, they do full court drills, and he goes, I'm running this draft, and everything that happens, Draymond Green wins.
Speaker 1: He's yelling at guys. They follow him. He goes when we have drink breaks, he's drinking.
Speaker 4: You know, guys are drinking water, and everyone's gonna circle around him and he's running everything.
Speaker 1: And I go to the front off and I go, I don't care. We have to draft Draymond Green.
Speaker 4: And he wasn't on anybody's first round because he was six six, goodn't jump, didn't have a position.
Speaker 1: And Greg Buckner is like, if we do not draft this guy, we have failed.
Speaker 4: And the Houston Rockets did not draft him, and he went on to be he is a Hall of Fame player for a guy with no.
Speaker 1: Real discernible offensive skill.
Speaker 4: He's a good passer, fine, But the whole point is that there is just certain qualities that certain guys have from a competition standpoint, and an edge and an.
Speaker 1: Energy that you're just born with.
Speaker 4: And not only does Cooper Flag have that, but he also has all this skill level and size and athletic ability and that's why he's the best two way prospect to come out in the draft since Anthony Davis.
Speaker 1: He is yes, yes, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: You mentioned dram On, Like, take all of that defensive intensity and the intangibles and then throw it into a six to eight plus package with a seven foot wingspan and offensive skill and shooting forty percent from three.
Speaker 1: Incredible. Okay, we're talking about the great Ted Emerick.
Speaker 4: You can hear him tonight here on ninety seven one The Eagle and watch him on the MAVs Draft Extravaganza from the American Airline Center.
Speaker 1: Our coverage, of course, is brought to you by k post company.
Speaker 4: So Ted, I want to ask you this. Let's talk comps, all right, because I'm I'm one of those people.
Speaker 1: I need a comp.
Speaker 4: And so let's say Cooper flag is this if he just meets reasonable expectations, like you think he's gonna be okay, He'll be fine at the low end, low reasonable end.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying he's a bust. He makes it, but it's on the low end of the spectrum. What is that comp?
Speaker 4: And then if he reaches the maximum, give me the biggest dream I can dream?
Speaker 1: Who is he? If he reaches everything?
Speaker 6: The dream is the face of the NBA. Yeah, and that is a serious dream. I mean, that's on ninety seven.
Speaker 3: And I.
Speaker 1: Understand that.
Speaker 6: I'm colored by the fact that, yes, I got to see him up close for two plus years when he in high school before he went to Duke. I truly believe that's the ceiling in terms of other players. I'm curious to bounce this off you, skin Ben, like Cooper himself has said, he said it in high school offensively, he looks up to Jason Tatum a lot. Defensively, He's studied a lot of Jonathan Isaac and I don't you know when he's healthy. You understand how good Jonathan Isaac has in this player is absolutely healthy, exactly combine those two well, he said, he was asked again this week, and I'm sure you saw it.
Speaker 1: I did, and he said, Kawhi Leonard.
Speaker 4: The thing I love about it is that our we're all friends with a guy named Jake Kent from the Dumb Zone and he had been for something weeks now. For several weeks now, he's been calling Cooper Flag Kawight Leonard, which I love. But if you remember so, uh and you can give us more info.
Speaker 1: On this teddy.
Speaker 4: But he's a already he's an elite defensive player, like probably has a chance to be second or third team Old Defense, like right out as a rookie, right and ultimately he'll be first team Old Defense.
Speaker 1: But so he hits the ground running on that.
Speaker 4: Offensively, he's still really good, but he's going to get way better. If you guys now, Kawhi Leonard was a mid first round pick, so it was like everyone and he went to a small college and all this, but he was ready to go defensively out the gate, and then he turned himself into one of the best offense like he's just been hurt so much. People forget he single handedly led Toronto to a championship defensively and offensively.
Speaker 1: He became unbeatable in the mid range.
Speaker 4: And the thing about Cooper flag that I'm curious about is the thing that made Kawhi Leonard so unique is he was just so physically stronger than everybody else. And it started with his gigantic palma dump truck hands. But he just bodied everybody and they moved. And so I look at Cooper flag frame and it's great, and I wonder can he end up being that physically imposing the way Kahi?
Speaker 6: And it's something that John Shire, is coach at Duke, was on him quite a bit the first two months of last season. The most common conversation he had, and he told this to Mike Marshall, Machine and me on the MAVs podcast previewing the draft. Good pick, really cool series when we got to talk with Shier, his high school coach, Kevin Boyle and others.
Speaker 1: If you haven't watched it, go back and watch it. It's going to carry because of the way you guys know, laid it all out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And what struck me was what Shire says like, I can't repeat the words that I use to frame this to him, but you've got to be more assertive. We are at our best when you are bodying him inside.
Speaker 1: There is no one that can check you. And coming back from the Christmas.
Speaker 6: Break, he was a different player offensively, and then he was setting the ace. You see freshman scoring record with forty two points against Notre Dame And.
Speaker 1: Did you just took off?
Speaker 4: Did you see the usage rate stat stuff and who he compared to in college? I don't have it in front of me, but basically it was the same sort of usage rate that Steph Curry had at Davidson. Yeah, and this is not a guard right, And me and Ben were talking comps and when I watched him play, and a lot of it had to do with his size and the fluidity of his handle. He very much reminded me of lamar Odom. And that may be a bad word around here, but lamar Odom was. I mean, people compared him to Magic Johnson and the ability to pass off the dribble. And it's one thing to go with guy's got handles, but as you get bigger, that changes because of your space to the ground and so I look at fluidity of movement and the ability to make pinpoint passes off the dribble, and there's just a natural athletic flow to that that some guys have or some guys don't have. Magic Johnson was six' nine and the way he handled the, ball he just could do everything off the dribble the way a six to three guy could. Do and WHEN i was Watching Cooper, flag that's what struck me, offensively not his jumper or his back to the.
Speaker 1: Basket he's got all that.
Speaker 4: STUFF i was, like his fluidity of movement with the ball reminds me of Lamar. Odom and so we already know he's an elite defensive, player but that sort of natural inate ability gives.
Speaker 1: You a chance to expand your game in so many different ways because of what you can do physically.
Speaker 2: QUICK i think this is amazing because because we're getting a No Cooper flag. Too Ace flag is as older or a young, yeah by one a, minute and he's a great player in his own, RIGHT i think at the at The university Of, maine but he's not the number one pick in the.
Speaker 1: Trap. NO i just think it's amazing what a minute can. Do it's it's.
Speaker 6: Insane that's Where kat tells somebody very special of a lot of, women say that let's get let's get.
Speaker 1: One i'll need one more. MINUTE i.
Speaker 4: Didn't i've been aware Of Cooper flag for, years BUT i didn't ever allow myself to fully invest in it BECAUSE i never thought he would be a. Maverick and even right up into the moment we found out we were getting the number one, PICK i lost my.
Speaker 1: Mind the rest of the.
Speaker 4: NIGHT i was with my Son, max who's here with, us and we had gone to see a, movie and then after the movie we stayed.
Speaker 1: Up for hours watching highlights and so the.
Speaker 4: THING i was admittedly embarrassingly not super familiar with his, game just From, afar and AS i was watching, HIGHLIGHTS i saw him get a steal in a game and he was back on his end of the court, defensively and he started to push the ball up the floor and there was a, guard a much smaller guy than him in between at about the half court. Mark and he did not slow. Down he did not, Say, oh here's a guard who's gonna take the ball away from.
Speaker 1: Me he was, like, Yeah i'm running by.
Speaker 4: You and he had the longest strides And i'm, like, what he just blew by the. Guy and then a guy met him at the rim and he didn't, Say, oh this guy's at the, RIM.
Speaker 1: I better pull up and pull the. Ball he's, Like i'm gonna dug on your soul and he just went in and. FLOW i was, like, wait what we're getting? That we're getting.
Speaker 4: That i've just been trying to wrap my brain around how good he's gonna be day one and how good he could end up. Being and you, know just for a franchise that is, devastated devastated after The luca, trade just fully, devastated Just luca back with The lakers crying in this, arena fans, crying you, know leaving the, tea all, that and, somehow, wait you got the number one pick in a year where.
Speaker 1: It matters that you have the number one.
Speaker 4: Pick i'm having a hard time just even wrapping my brain around the emotion of. It it's it's one of the greatest THINGS i can remember happening in my entire life as a.
Speaker 6: Fan, yeah you don't use all that luck to Draft Zachary, recesschet which he might.
Speaker 1: Be which Layer that's, right.
Speaker 4: There's still a debate on how much he changes your. Team there's no debate. Here, no it's truly a generational. Talent and, again get, it he's super. Young, yes he doesn't turn nineteen Until.
Speaker 1: December it's.
Speaker 6: Ridiculous if he's born speaking a one, minute take just eleven. Days if he's born eleven days, later he's going to. Duke, yeah next, year your son's older than.
Speaker 1: Him, yes we're talking about. That it's.
Speaker 4: Crazy, OKAY i want to ask you this before you, go BECAUSE i know you got to get start getting ready for the draft.
Speaker 1: Whatever matt does not want to hear.
Speaker 4: That, Okay, so knowing the way the team is right, now just it's current, state and that we don't know what they may do at the mid level exception or. Whatever but knowing, that you Know kyrie's not going to be here Till february Or. March on day, one how do you play? Him what is this starting lineup for The Mavericks.
Speaker 6: Man we've already said how positionless he can, be, right that's where the game.
Speaker 1: Is it's not just where it's.
Speaker 6: Going but, yeah if you have to slot him into the, THREE i guess that's where it. Is but can you imagine just that front line With flag with a HEALTHY ad With Derek lively or gafferck Take lively, there seven foot, wingspan seven six wingspan On, ad seven to nine wingspan On.
Speaker 1: Lively that is. RIDICULOUS i think it's a tricky thing to pull. Off but if it's me.
Speaker 4: Day, one just because of the, Circumstances i'm starting him at, two And i'm PLAYING.
Speaker 1: Pj Washington junior at, Three interesting.
Speaker 4: Eighty at, Four lively at, Five and IF i don't have another, guard Then i'm honestly Starting Naji marshall next to, him And i'm playing that style of basketball Until kyrie gets back and THEN i have to Pull clay aside and, go hey, man, right, sorry right, right, yeah but you, KNOW i, mean ideally you have some point. Guard you, know we'll see how it'll better and fill in the. Blank but in your, opinion is it crazy to try to play him at the two in THIS? Nba, no not, again to be with what you laid out and the versatility that still presents and the versatility that he, represents try to score on that, team, yeah, right because he's not going to have a problem going guarding the other team's too, NO.
Speaker 1: I think he will.
Speaker 4: Be he will be guarding the other team's best perimeter player in most. Situations THAT meanjj did like P j Covered, Shay so it's not.
Speaker 1: That and that's What Jason kidd. Loves Jason kidd loves a bunch of. Rangy that's, why you.
Speaker 4: Know, meanwhile Like cuban does What yannis and kids, like that's a point, guard, Right like just you have to have guys rethink the way basketball is, now AND i think that we. Can it's okay for us to try to rethink how to Use cooper flag in the MODERN.
Speaker 1: Nba.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable ted thank you for your, time, Brother appreciate. You he's holding it down. Tonight he's our leader on the. Broadcast. Amazing It's teddy's hands coming up some three Days, Grace, okay.
Speaker 1: A draft.
Speaker 4: Party we are at The American Airline center and we are heretesy of our friends at K Post, company DFW's trusted name and, roofing waterproofing and solar. Solutions here's the. Plan we're doing our. Show we're inside The American Airline. Center in an, hour they're opening it up to the public and people are going to file in.
Speaker 1: Here because it's a.
Speaker 4: Party The mavericks have not had the number one pick in the draft since nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: One they can't officially.
Speaker 4: Announce, it but everyone knows they're going to Draft Cooper, flag the phenomenal prospect out Of. Duke we just had our Buddy Teddy emeric on and he gave us a lot of great insight because he's been watching him play and calling his games since he was a high. Schooler Ted emeric and myself And Mark, followell we'll be doing draft coverage On MAVs tv that can be seen On channel twenty nine or even, better listen to right here on your home Of Dallas Mavericks basketball ninety seven point One The. Eagle so we'll be simulcasting the draft party from six to.
Speaker 1: Nine you'll be able to hear it all right.
Speaker 4: Here, now this particular segment right here is brought to you By Rollertown Beer.
Speaker 1: Works that's the brewery In, Salina.
Speaker 4: Texas It me And Big ben are partners in And ben we are one week away from our five year.
Speaker 1: Anniversary, yeah it's.
Speaker 4: Amazing the anniversary party is going to be incredible At rollertown In. Solana hopefully you, guys take time and come up and see. Us, well we'll let you know more about all the things we're going to be doing up. There but, man we're so proud to have made it five. Years and my brother runs the, Company, jonathan and we Have crystal who runs. Marketing we have so many people that don't get credit but have done such phenomenal work for.
Speaker 1: Us but the support we.
Speaker 4: Have when you Wear rollertown merch that, Helps when you see us on tap and you order, us that. Helps if you ask your favorite bar restaurant to carry, us that. Helps and when you're at a grocery store and you Put rollertown in your grocery cart that.
Speaker 1: Helps it all.
Speaker 4: Helps so we wouldn't have made it five years without you. Guys so thank you guys very. Much hopefully you'll come celebrate the anniversary with us next.
Speaker 1: Weekend, yeah that would be.
Speaker 4: Fantastic now where we are, tonight The American Airline, center they carry our beer, here also At Globe, life and they're now carrying it right across the highway at The Echo Music hall And. Lounge so anytime you go see a show, there go ask for a big. German we would certainly appreciate. That, Okay so we have lots of things we're gonna try to do throughout the course of the. Show we may get back to that movie list that we've been tracking the best movies according to The New York times of the twenty first. Century we have gotten through fifties. Four but hanging out with, Us, ben describe the guy to your immediate. Right, yeah the guy to my immediate right is my, Son Max. Rogers he's an incredible. Kid he's on a full academic scholarship To. Alabama is great so. Far he's four point. Zero He's President's, list he is my. List he's doing a great. Job he's doing a little work for the football program as. Well and you, know he wants to be a sports. Agent he's done a little interning for our Buddy Eric burkhart or his, agent and so that's he wants to go get a law degree after. College and by the time he went to, college when he graduated high, school he was already almost a soft because he had that many college hours. Accumulated as a high school. Senior he reclassified Like Cooper. Flatt and it's just like my, childhood, right remember me being the exact same.
Speaker 1: STUDENT i thought you down.
Speaker 4: CLASSIFIED i thought when you were a, senior they had you down as a. Freshman they're, like wait a, Minute max's maxis. Said you, know even When max was, twelve he was like a thirty five year old.
Speaker 1: Man he was always. Mature he made parenty look.
Speaker 4: Easy And cat AND i were, like we should write books or do seminars or teach people how to be great. Parents and then immediately we were humbled by our next two and we're, like, yeah we're not very. Good we need to read books and go to. Seminars So max might Get max to scattering report on his siblings later and.
Speaker 1: Yeah max makes it. Easy So Max max is here with. Us, yeah that's sending your first time on the. Show, NO i.
Speaker 8: DON'T i don't know how many Times i've been. On there's been a lot of like audio drops.
Speaker 1: Of me and some different, things But i've been.
Speaker 4: ON i thought we popped you on when uh THAT i have a football player was hitting on that? Coach that was a different didn't we have to wake you up to weren't you in a drunken stupor when we popped you?
Speaker 8: On NOW i was walking back from, CLASS i get a, Text hey are you available right?
Speaker 1: Now your dad's not.
Speaker 8: A big, plan and So i'm, like, Yeah i'm.
Speaker 1: Good what do you?
Speaker 8: Need AND i see iHeartMedia giving me a, call and So i'm, like all, right what AM i getting into? Here?
Speaker 1: Answer and immediately what's?
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 1: Max You're you're on, There you're, live don't? Cuss? Yeah how Is alabama? Going you digging? It it's? Awesome did you realize? It not too far from?
Speaker 4: Now Avery, johnson Former alabama basketball, coach Form maverick. Coach he's gonna be hanging out right over. There you should go over there and challenge him doing arm.
Speaker 1: Wrestling Will alabama? Great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah you KNOW i was thinking About max and him being with. Us he asked if he could come watch the presentation, day AND i thought.
Speaker 1: He could take a.
Speaker 4: Quiz you guys could give him a quiz and and you could ask him things about my life and see if he can get whether it's true or false multiple to see how much he really that was about my. Life BUT i do want to say, this when when we found out that The mavericks were getting the number one, pick he AND i were together seeing mission. Impossible ye, right we got that and none of you guys wanted to go with me to See Mission. IMPOSTER i just wanted to see the first seven AND i didn't want to spoil. It max agreed to go with, me and so we went To North Park mall and we had a little bit of, time and so we went to the food court and it's you, know it's kind of being in a. Library it's not very. Loud it's pretty quiet over there in the food. Court there's millions strangers all eating meals by each. Other and we found out and you were the one who told, us because by the, way it was the best food court option At North park these, days.
Speaker 1: Which, WITCH i don't.
Speaker 4: Know we Got chipola's pretty good, good, Okay, christina that's like a veteran of the north food quarter is just there for the f one.
Speaker 7: Movie so.
Speaker 4: Number, one all, right, okay, right no offense to which which we loved them. Too and, so, uh we are sitting there and you are walking in a. Suit do You you said you know what's going on right? Now and SO i, go do you mind IF i put you on? Speakers so me And max are listening To skin who's at a, bar telling us about the ping pong balls and the, lottery and it's Like MAVs have got a top four pick Or MAV's got a top three. Pick oh my, god they're not. Three they got a top two. Pick oh my, god they got the number one. Pick AND i just hung up on you without even. Thinking he did hang up on, it AND i was like, ah AND i started, yelling and, uh the people there at the food court Of North Park mall probably thought an incident was. HAPPENING i bet they, did like it was. Odd, yeah especially someone that looks like. You, right what did you make of?
Speaker 1: That what are Those Paul blart scooters?
Speaker 8: CALLED i, thought, yeah there are two of them on the. Way after he started, yelling so immediately gets, up hangs up LIKE i Thought skin was still on the phone AND i was gonna grab his phone and hang, up like Helped skin, out so he's not like trying to talk to. You immediately hangs up the, phone starts yelling.
Speaker 1: The MAVs got the number one.
Speaker 8: Pick yells out, loud and he starts, clapping starts cheering on and he. Liked everyone is looking around and he starts. Clapping next THING i, know everyone is. Clapping half of THEM i don't even have LA i don't even think they were basketball fans are paying. Attention everyone is now clapping and like fake. Cheering they have no idea what's going. On maybe someone just got engaged or something like someone just proposed someone to gone with The North park ball food. Court everyone starts. Cheering it was, awesome and so it.
Speaker 4: Was it was so crazy because you, know you just don't think there's any, chance you, know you just kind of, assume all, right we're gonna have the number eleven. Pick AND i Was that was the NIGHT i went to go see friendship that had a screening start at seven, thirty and so we had time to squeeze in a meal and the lottery started at seven AND i wouldn't even thinking about. It we're at a restaurant that didn't have A, tv sixty vines and a buddy texted me at seven oh, one said you ready for this? Lottery AND i was, like oh, Yeah and we were wrapping up our, meal and SO i just said to the. WIFE i was, like, hey let's go across the parking lot To Whiskey cake just SO i can watch the.
Speaker 1: Draft he, goes, well you can do It i'm gonna stay in the. Car it's like all.
Speaker 4: Right SO i go walking up to the bar where the tea and they have it on but there's no, sound and the, bartender you, know recognized me and there was a guy drinking there and they're, like, oh you're you're The maverick.
Speaker 1: Guy all.
Speaker 4: Right so of course they start asking me WHY i Traded, luca And i'm, Like i'll take a, beer and so we're Just i'm watching this thing unfold And i'm, ready you, know to go back to the. Car and WHEN i look up and they say the eleven number eleven pick goes to The Portland, TRAILBLAZERS i, went oh my, god we got a top four. Pig and SO i called my, wife who was in the, party, like oh, honey we got a top four. Pig and she goes cool And i'm LIKE i was, like, okay well come on in so we can you.
Speaker 1: Know she, goes, No i'm going to stay. Here just come out when you need. To he's like all.
Speaker 4: Right so THEN i immediately Called ben AND i was, like are you following? This and that's when you were standing in the food court And ben, goes would you mind staying on the phone with me because it was a commercial, break SO i was, like.
Speaker 1: All, Right i'll talk you through. It and as it's going, on you know where the bar, is there's like some people.
Speaker 4: That are at you know, tables you, know little bar, tables and they're they're all kind of dog in me BECAUSE i am, pacing Like i'm going back and, forth And i'm full of nervous energy and freaking. Out and as it gets closer and, closer and then when two turns over and it was The, SPURS i THINK i, yelled holy s we got the number one. Pick we got the number one. Pick and NOW i, Go, ben are you? There AND i couldn't hear. ANYTHING i was, like as soon does he? Know and THEN i THINK i called you back and he just went a voice, man. Right, WELL i was celebrating with, strangers me And, max and so, yeah it was an incredible. Night i'm GLAD i got to share that With. Max and then the whole time during the, movie we're just like nudging each.
Speaker 1: Other we got the number one. Pick it's that not.
Speaker 4: Believable we went and Watched cooper flag highlights the rest of the. Night But i'm curious if you, guys do you have any questions you could Ask max that you think he would have the answer, to or you can make it true or false or whatever you want to.
Speaker 1: Do could he pass a dad? Quiz? Uh, yeah, NO i.
Speaker 2: DEFINITELY i do think skin should go, first since he's known you longer and has a, little you, know deeper seat of your.
Speaker 1: HISTORY i.
Speaker 4: DON'T i don't want to give any context or. ANYTHING i just want TO i want to know the answer to this. Question do you know Who Seana westerman?
Speaker 3: IS i do.
Speaker 1: NOT i do not know who that.
Speaker 4: Is we wrote up a middle school, girlfriend middle school girl. FRIEND i was curious with. Him have you ever Met Chris? ALVAREZ i have.
Speaker 1: Not do you know who he? IS i want to Say i've heard that, name but maybe that's just a like familiar sounding. Name it is a familiar everybody who's got a friend Named Chris? Alvarez?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Okay? Uh true or? False, WELL i don't. Know you're gonna hog, IT i?
Speaker 7: Questions go, ahead go, Ahead i'm, Sorry, Okay your dad apparently has a lot of.
Speaker 1: Fears can you name, one maybe three of those? Fears oh my, gosh.
Speaker 8: SHARKS i gotta be number one sharks anytime are gone on vacation into a.
Speaker 1: Beach there's so much sharp talk.
Speaker 8: For you. Too you should see we're in the, ocean and he's, like, man great, whites great white season.
Speaker 1: There maybe he even know what that.
Speaker 8: Means.
Speaker 1: SEASONS i can't even stand in the. Water i'm in like we're the deep. Ocean meeting season is in the. Winter it says just like.
Speaker 2: That you, know when you get On instagram and you hit like the search, button a bunch of things come up that you might be interested.
Speaker 1: In what do you think of some of the Things instagram?
Speaker 8: SEARCH i think probably some pictures or, videos probably reels of some women talking about sports and clothing might not be a big deals to.
Speaker 1: Them i'd say probably that dog. Videos king came up, Earlier, Yeah King. Charles.
Speaker 4: Yeah and WHEN i brought Up King charles to the waiter At turks And, CAICOS i forgot what what you were you?
Speaker 1: CRINGING i did. NOT i did not know Who King charles was before he brought it up to the. Waiter we didn't. Either there was no.
Speaker 8: Conversation waiter wanted our like our food, order and he's, like do you know Who King charles is and waiter waiter who absolutely is like working forward to for like the last people in. Here.
Speaker 1: Almost oh, yeah, YEAH i, KNOW i know. That to be, Fair King, charles the dog is a hit for. You, yeah you have a very low hit, rate but man number one with a bully, dude.
Speaker 2: Congratulations anything else that might be on there the instagram, SEARCHES i don't.
Speaker 1: KNOW i, MEAN i think you know the cleavage, party you.
Speaker 4: Said And i'm real confused about this because of the way That ben talks about.
Speaker 1: Women you said he might want to hear their sports. Opinions, YEAH i don't. KNOW i don't know what they're on there talking about, sports but definitely never heard that. Before he's got to get it from. Somewhere this makes me, so all? Right true or?
Speaker 4: False right around the TIME i met your, mom, uh we had a dog Named cornelius or a cat Named, raphael a female cat Named, rafael named After rafael pal.
Speaker 1: Merw i'm gonna go with the.
Speaker 4: Cat you're, right, cat that's the. Cat was that the same cat that was first dances With? Servess, no it's a different, Cat, okay the.
Speaker 1: One, yeah we had that for a.
Speaker 4: While there was a cat that lived with us Name dances With Servass and then here we are forty years later And ben is still talking About Kevin, costner.
Speaker 1: Which one of The horizon. Movies did you know he's like one of the only thing In america who saw? It did your?
Speaker 4: Back did your dad ever talk to you About? Yellowstone did you Watch?
Speaker 1: YELLOWSTONE i did.
Speaker 8: WATCH i watched it AFTER i got To. Alabama actually it wasn't even under his. Influence i'd heard him talk about it a billion. Times he actually donated me as cowboy hat has come.
Speaker 4: Across, okay, wait so do you have a drag any cad, too Because ben's got a big drag any.
Speaker 1: Head, YEAH i THINK i THINK i got The Hedge Big Old.
Speaker 8: Home yeahasic Top, Gun Top, Gun, yeah definitely you're a big Top Gun horizon Though i've never heard of that milking, before.
Speaker 1: Right, right it's.
Speaker 4: Terror apparently you've seen me Watch Top Gun maverick a lot problem many.
Speaker 8: Times, yeah there's a couple of movies that anytime they're, on you're absolutely watching.
Speaker 1: Other ones that come to. Mind, Yeah Top gun is always. One See Star.
Speaker 8: Wars it's not, on but you will find a reason to rent it even though it will always Be Empire Strikes. Back, yeah never watching the, prequels Always Umpire.
Speaker 4: Struck when you were junior high, agents did you pull you aside and show You Tom cruise is losing? It be great movie from eighty Two WHEN i asked you if you wanted to go Meet Tom, cruise you did not want to go meet?
Speaker 1: You why? Not well you said he's your you said he's your best. Friend SO i Mean Tom cruise is. Great Like Top Top. Gun i've Seen Top gun obviously The Mission impossible, movies but do you see the Original Top gun from The ets A. HALF i have other than The Top gun A Mission impossible.
Speaker 8: MOVIES i don't even know If i've seen another A Tom cruise movie like this is not a big you know?
Speaker 1: What they got a whole weekend head. YOU i like Cat, up this is fund is worth?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: No, Uh Risky business holds? Up? YEAH i Think, Wait i've Seen Jerrem, Maguire, okay show me the? Money yeah the.
Speaker 4: One you know? WHAT i would love for you if you had time to Watch Risky business and come back on the air and review it for. Us it's a teenage you, know sex comedy from nineteen eighty. Three so you, know your dad AND i were seventh graders when it came, out and it was a legendary, movie and it kind of is the movie that Made Tom cruise a.
Speaker 1: Star now you know what it's like to be, Us, max and we gotta.
Speaker 4: Go i'm gonna tell you a story About. Skin one, TIME i think we were juniors in high. School skin spent the night at maybe sophomores spent the night at my, house and we were gonna sneak out at night to go meet some. Girls and so we went AND i Was my room was on the second. Story SO i went to the edge of the roof LIKE i had done many, times AND i jumped, down dropped and. Rolled i'd done it a million. TIMES i didn't do very good friend. WORK i didn't Tell skin exactly how to do, it but he's a better athlete than. ME i figured he could just land on his. Feet so he jumped off the roof and thought there was like a fireman down there with like an, inflatable and he landed on his butt like he just jumped like he was doing a cannonball into a, pool and he landed.
Speaker 1: Flat on his.
Speaker 4: Butt fractured my. Costage he fractured his cossacks and.
Speaker 1: Heat but, dude he was such a.
Speaker 4: Gamer we still finished the mission when we saw those, girls which is WHY.
Speaker 1: I want to ask. You do you know the Name Susan.
Speaker 6: Max?
Speaker 1: Rogers all, right good stuff, There.
Speaker 4: Max coming up next as we continue Our MAVs draft, broadcast brought to you by K Post. Company It's draft. Day MAVs have the number one. Pick they're about to Draft Cooper. Flag we are going to take you all the way till six, tonight and then we're going to turn things over to The Dallas mavericks simulcast that'll be ON tv and it will be heard here on ninety seven point One The. Eagle all of that is brought to you by K Post, company our Buddy Nick. Post they did the roof at THE Aac Globe Live field IN at AND T, stadium, roofing, waterproofing solar. Solutions great, company good, folks K Post. Company all, right coming up, next let's talk about the emotion of The luca trade and now this leading To Cooper, flag and we're gonna do that. Next we're about to have the number one pick in the draft Tonight they're going to Select Cooper, flag the undisputed number one Prospecting this bad.
Speaker 1: Boy he's a guy who.
Speaker 4: When he was a sophomore in high, school they knew one day he would be the number one pick of THE Nba.
Speaker 1: Draft it's just been a no, brainer and The MAVs got.
Speaker 4: Him, somehow they lucked into this and it is an organization that desperately needed.
Speaker 1: It we are here at The American Airlines center doing our.
Speaker 4: Show we're going to take you till six o'clock with This Draft day, special and then we're gonna simulcast The MAVs tv. Coverage it'll happen right here in ninety seven point One. Eagle our show is brought to you by K Post. Company they did the roof at THE Aac global If field in at AND T Stadium, roofing waterproofing and solar. Solutions thank you To Nick post and our friends at K Post company for being the sponsor of This Draft day. Extravaganza this segment here is brought to you By Andrew's American Pizza, kitchen voted best pizzeria IN dfw by readers of The Dallas Morning. News there's only one location Of Andrews American Pizza. Kitchen it's In, Plano preston And Plano. Parkway it's so good that again named best In. Dallas if you are a foodie and you seek out the best, restaurants aren't you?
Speaker 1: Curious why did readers Of Dallas.
Speaker 4: Wearing news say That Andrews American Pizza kitchen is the best in Down don't you think you owe yourself a trip out there To preston And Plano.
Speaker 1: Parkway Andrew's American.
Speaker 4: Pizza they've mastered five different types of, pizza great craft, beer amazing pasta great place to watch. SPORTS i go there sometimes just to hang. Out Andrew's American Pizza. Kitchen now we're gonna get to Know Cooper flag a little bit. Better he'll be the, matter he'll be A. Maverick as what time is the pick gonna?
Speaker 2: Happen, YEAH i mean, seven probably, seven, ten seven, fifteen rightf, that because the draft will starts on. Seven so this, is, uh the mystery behind it is not here like it was The Luca, draft and that was the last time we were this, Close so that that part is a little strange because we're frankly not used to our teams having the number one pick in the.
Speaker 1: Draft, YEAH i you, KNOW i.
Speaker 4: Was thinking about all the number one picks overall IN dfw supports. HISTORY i go back TO i think it was nineteen eighty, one The mavericks. Launch in nineteen eighty, one they Drafted mark, McGuire the number one overall. Pick that was my favorite. Player that's WHEN i fell in love with. Basketball at that, TIME i was. Eleven and you, know of Course troy Aik.
Speaker 1: Ben troy what year was, that eight eight.
Speaker 4: Eighty, eight eighty, nine ninety somewhere in there and obviously went on to do great things as page. Buckets they, just of course just just had. One BUT i can't think of. Another and plus sometimes you get the number one pick and it doesn't. Matter it's just a draft where there's not a for sure number. One this is a draft Where Cooper flag. Is people are saying one of the best two way prospects Since Anthony. Davis you, know this guy is a can't miss rock star and they got, him and, uh you know this this organization, deeply deeply needed. It if you think about just how traumatized this team's fan base was from Trading, luca we were all blindsided by, That and for, ME i still think it's the worst trade in the history of. Trading like it's a terrible. TRADE i wouldn't do that trade in a millionaires for any. REASON i would never make that. Trade you cannot justify that. Trade but if you look at it and you're, Like, okay you Got Anthony davis, back you Got Max, christie you got a first round, pick and you Get Cooper, flag.
Speaker 1: Now obviously that's not what the trade.
Speaker 4: WAS i don't believe in conspiracies AND i don't believe in all, that but that's the net. Net and so for, Me i'm not Gonna i've been A MAVs fan my whole life since eighty and so If i'm not gonna leave The. MAVERICKS i thought about, it but EVENTUALLY i would have come around and been A MAVs fan. Again but WHAT i love most is. Hope when you have a young star with a, big bright, future you have. Hope and now they've got the youngest player in the, league they're about to have, him and they've got.
Speaker 1: Hope and So i'm. Back I'm i'm able to.
Speaker 4: Compartmentalize, YES i thought that was a terrible, Trade But i'm not mad at The.
Speaker 1: MAVs i'm moving.
Speaker 2: ON i know there's a certain portion of the fan base that is still clinging to, well it wasn't supposed to. Happen, still, though that trade is almost like now that you ended up with a number one, pick it almost rewards the issue that the, trade like the stupidity of the trade or whatever you want to call.
Speaker 1: It AND i get, that BUT i would also.
Speaker 2: Say, like when something like that happens out of nowhere and it's not expected to, happen there's a lot of things in life that work that. Way if your parents didn't meet and then have relations with each, other you wouldn't. Exist, like there's so many things that happen on a day to day, basis and you didn't jump into. Traffic you, know if you jumped into the traffic five minutes, earlier you might.
Speaker 1: Have been in that.
Speaker 2: Collision so kind of Like, butterfly just, yeah it's just the way life goes and it worked out really well for. Us so to, me it feels almost greedy to still be like up in arms about things and you can still have concerns in issues with how the thing might be ran going. Forward but, OVERALL i just think it's one of those things where you, Go, wow it's been a crazy six, months And i'm way it's unbelievable to feel the way we feel now compared to how we were feeling In.
Speaker 4: April, right because even if they had the number two, PICK i wouldn't be over The luca, trade but the fact that it's number, one when there's a transcendent number one. Player, christina you talked, EARLIER i think you made a good point about you think it's gonna help you heal with The luca trade Once Cooper flag is actually in a jersey and playing for The.
Speaker 7: MAVs, yeah, because like you, said the whole trade was just such a blind. Side i'm still just scared that it might happen. AGAIN i don't think it, will But ted earlier got me excited, too because one thing About, luca, like, yes he's a great, player but he made basketball so fun to, Watch LIKE i loved just Watching. LUCA i still love Watching, Luca like you can be a mass fan and A luca. Fan it's okay, Anyway but So Cooper flag AND i watched a few highlights as, well like he has that as, well like he's really good at, basketball but he's fun to. Watch he does these really cool things you don't see other players, do and he makes it look easy and again. Fun So i'm just excited to have them watching this. AGAIN i, Mean kyrie is fun to watch as, well but he's been hurt. Whatever, ANYWAY i.
Speaker 2: Think it's a big part of this is like we haven't experienced anything With Cooper flag. Yet, yeah very few of us went and watched a ton Of duke basketball last, Year like until you experienced these good times with him in A MAV's. Uniform we had questions About. Luca we didn't know when we got looka we we thought it was cool that it, happened but we still didn't. Know we were not.
Speaker 1: Sure and then it became.
Speaker 2: You, know the stories had come out like oh, yeah he's taken over practice and before pre in training camp and things like, that and you, Know dirk said some good things about. Him so like that's where it's GONNA i think bring a lot of people back in is when just just having good things.
Speaker 1: HAPPEN i want to play a couple of.
Speaker 2: Things yesterday he had a pre draft press, conference as a lot of players, did and he can't acknowledge that he is going to be picked by The Dallas, mavericks.
Speaker 1: Like cause it's not official and he's just not allowed to talk about.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 2: Uh max was telling us a little bit, earlier Like duke put out a congrats To Dallas MAVs in a video Of cooper, fight like they can do, That like no one in THE nba can do that right, Now so he's getting asked all these questions and he can't say anything about The. Mavericks SO i just thought you guys would like some of the things that happened this pre draft press, Conference like how about this question when he was, asked do you like?
Speaker 1: Lobster being from?
Speaker 6: Me do you like?
Speaker 9: Lobster you, know lobster isn't my personal, favorite but you, know a good main lobster. Role you, know my trainer's life makes a really nice lobster.
Speaker 1: ROLE i think is really. Good, good thank you very. Much trainer's wife makes a really good lobster if you know What i'm. Saying, Yeah i'm gonna start using that my trainer's. Wife that is. Good that is.
Speaker 4: Good so, BASICALLY i don't have a good feel for what his personality, Is LIKE i. DON'T i don't, know Like. Luca we Love, luca But luca was not a good. Interview he was On language, seven you, know, Right, yeah a lot of. It, yeah and SO i don't know if this could be the, same and especially the. Age so what he's he's, Eighteen so how many eighteen year olds give good?
Speaker 1: Interviews you? Know you.
Speaker 4: Know SO i don't know what his personality's, like and obviously he's not done growing into whatever his personality's going to. Be BUT i do like listening To technicol's pain talk about what a killer he is on the. Court i'm, Sorry, yeah godly technical. Pain, yeah that would be, crazy rest in. Peace that would be crazy if Technicals pain was. Here, GOD i was GUESS i was thinking that he's who TAUGHT i haven't, Everything but, Yeah Ted, emrick he was great when he was talking about what a killer he. Is and you know some players have, that some players, don't Like kobe had, That Michael jordan had. That you, know not everybody is wired like. THAT i didn't Know ted had seen that SINCE i school because his story is. Crazy, Basically i'm too good in this all town In. Maine AND i think he had a quote from his mom Was. Mama he, said if you're the best player in the, gym you need to go to a bigger. Gym, yes and that's really really. Great so he was asked and he's got to dance around these. Questions are you looking forward to being A?
Speaker 1: Maverick?
Speaker 9: YEAH i Mean i'm not on social media too, much AND i, think LIKE i said, Earlier i'm just trying to take it one day at a. Time so that is the case tomorrow that ends up. HAPPENING i, mean it's an incredible fan base with incredible, support So i'll be excited to learn more about it and get down.
Speaker 1: There, okay, dude not on social, media thank. YOU i know you'd like. THAT i love. That That is that true?
Speaker 7: Though or is he just saying that because he's? EIGHTEEN i, mean how many eighteen year old or? Not are you?
Speaker 1: ACT i, mean you're you're older in, Eighteen BUT i MEAN i got social.
Speaker 8: MEDIA i Know Cooper flagg has An, instagram BUT i don't think he's active On twitter or acts, Now.
Speaker 2: Like he's probably got a team of people who handle this. Stuff, YEAH i mean his family's prepped for this for a.
Speaker 1: While you, know the.
Speaker 4: Idea of you, know we've talked about this a lot here In Dallas Fort, worth where the idea Of Tony romo going on a, vacation where it's, like why are you doing? That why aren't you just, somewhere you, know throwing a football through rubber, tire you, know throwing it through the. Hole and why are you just looking at game? Film what do you mean you live outside of, that you, Know and so you want these guys to be. Robots Sean lee was like, that an absolute robot who's just anytime he's not, playing he's looking at film or lifting. Weights but then you get guys where they're like they have big personalities and they're on social, media Like Derek hollins and people, like oh my, god he's Doing Arnold schwartz and anger impressions get back in the you, know you, Know and SO i, mean you like these guys to have personalities and be great. Interviews but the reality, IS i would If i'm drafting a guy to you, know at number, ONE i love that he's not active on social. Media stay away from social. Media there's really not much good that happens on social. MEDIA i, mean there's a bunch of toxicity and. Poison don't ever let these people, say guy just eating a tweaky on his couch.
Speaker 1: Can critique your. Game you don't need to see everyone's.
Speaker 2: Opinion this is the Thing i'd, say like The luca, thing which is devastating for so many, people it was also devastating for so many people who also talk trash About luca.
Speaker 1: Actively as A mask, Fan yes you loved, him but you got mad at his.
Speaker 2: Lack of effort on, defense or his inability to stay in shape and all that.
Speaker 1: Stuff yelling at the rest on every.
Speaker 2: Call you can't act like that's the only thing that, was because we were all bitching about that, too and, like du.
Speaker 1: What the world?
Speaker 4: Is SO i look around the league and you look at all these achilles injuries now you, know and they they come from strained. Calves and then if you, know if you look at What boston's, Doing, okay our best player towards. Achilles we have to get rid of the. Team we have to get rid of, everyone so we're not you, know in this luxury. Tax and it's like, you it can bury your franchise if one of your best players has to miss an entire year with an achilles.
Speaker 1: Issue And luca had three and three calf in in two. Years and so, yeah, man it's just. This you, know it's. Hard it's hard to not.
Speaker 4: Tie cooper flag back To luca because it all happened in such close proximity to.
Speaker 1: Itself, then if you had.
Speaker 2: One seat to give to a, celebrity you're gonna sit court side at a game with. Someone he had one seat to get to a, celebrity who would it?
Speaker 4: Be probably my Guy Tom. Cruise we got a lot to catch. Up we've gone through a lot. TOGETHER i probably want to hang out with my Gut. Tom here Was Cooper flagg's.
Speaker 1: Answer you one sea court. Side that's a good.
Speaker 9: QUESTION i don't know if you Count Larry bird is a, celebrity but that.
Speaker 1: Would Be, NO i don't have a favorite. Rapper, NO i don't have a favorite Rapt he doesn't have a favorite.
Speaker 2: Rapper But Larry, BIRD i mean a classic rock guy or the best thing he could have said Is Derk and you, know but he wasn't expecting.
Speaker 4: A question like, that, right he, said But Larry. Birds Imagine Larry bird's always been his favorite. Players WHAT i, read so he Loves Larry, bird and, MAN i don't know what you, know If dirk will Be you, know we've heard a lot about this with The luca trade and the moves that The MAVs have made that have gotten away from some of the Guys dirk, loves And dirk hasn't really been around that, much and SO i don't know if he'll have a relationship With Cooper.
Speaker 1: FLAG i really hope he. WILL i hope he.
Speaker 2: Does should be IN la a lot doing, Basketball, yeah doing The amazon thing, Too so.
Speaker 1: YEAH i don't.
Speaker 2: Know, hey how do you Want Cooper flag to score his FIRST nba? Bucket what would you like for that to?
Speaker 1: BE i would like him to dunk On lou Dort lou dort ile like the question in, here because do you want to call your Christ india?
Speaker 9: Bucket Maybe duncan on some MY i thought that would be pretty.
Speaker 1: Cool nice to. Go and then what position are You Cooper? Flag? YEAH i think?
Speaker 9: Position this is a great was a great way to put. It you, Know i'll do whatever you know coach wants me to.
Speaker 4: Do i'll play any.
Speaker 9: Role so for, me it's about just doing a ton of different things with the. COURT i, think LIKE i said, earlier because being an impact, player you, know impacting both sides of the ball at a high level and impacting winning at a high. Level so where that's you, know getting it off the you, know the room in a rebound and pushing a. Transition that's SOMETHING i feel LIKE i can do at a high.
Speaker 1: Level SO i would love to do.
Speaker 9: That or if it's playing off, ball you, know, cutting, slashing spotting, up you, Know I'm i'm ready to do whatever whatever that may.
Speaker 2: BE i don't think it's the most exciting interview, yet you, know but maybe you, know in time that'll. Come right, now he's just going through the process of having everyone watching.
Speaker 7: Him and, yeah he'll get more comfortable and he can actually talk about being A dallas Maver.
Speaker 1: Right, GOD i love the, answer, though great. ANSWER i love the. Answer it's like he was made at a.
Speaker 2: Laboratory this is the, thing like We've another thing that was infuriating about The luca trade was we had spent all this time and attention to detail and building a team around him and had done that and gone to the finals and, lost and then even though he was, hurt still we were kind of dunking on the thunder the two times we played, them once with him and once without.
Speaker 1: Him it is, like this is kind of our. Year we don't have to go shake things.
Speaker 2: Up we had built everything around, him but if you could take yourself away from, that building Around Cooper flag is so. Simple because of, that they just said kind of do. Everything you don't have to just go we have to get shooters around. Him you can do everything. Everything So i'm pretty jacked about, this AND i, think like, again because we've known what's gonna, Happen he's gonna get picked.
Speaker 1: Tonight it's that part's been hard for me to kind of get.
Speaker 2: Excited but the more talking about, it and in a, Minute i'm gonna ask a couple of. Things one is would you buy this item that's Surrounding Cooper flag? Today and, two we think his family was going through because they thought they were gonna be going to Either washington Or. Charlotte and there's a huge article that was written about that today and it's awesome to see how their minds went on draft day as.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, tasty that's coming up.
Speaker 4: Next as we continue our coverage of THE Nba, draft The mavericks with the number one, Pick Cooper, flag will be Selected our coverage brought to you by K Post. Company we're gonna go till six o'clock and then we're gonna hand it off to THE tv. Broadcast we'll look At we're at THE aec right, now and you can look down at center court and you See jeff Skin, Wade Ted emrick And Mark followell down there at center. Stage they're gonna be holding down the coverage not ON tv and on the.
Speaker 1: Radio.
Speaker 4: Wow and again our coverage brought to you by K Post. Company they did the roofs at THE Aac Globeli field in at AND T. Stadium big thanks To Nick post for sponsoring our coverage here of the.
Speaker 1: Draft all, right coming up next we get you.
Speaker 4: Ready we wrap things up with our draft coverage and hand it off to the official draft coverage that's all coming your way next and. CLOSER a big day in the history Of Dallas Fort worth as The Dallas mavericks have the number one pick in THE Nba draft and it's all happening tonight right here on ninety seven point one The, eagle The home of Maz. Basketball our coverage brought to you by K Post. Company they did the roof at THE Aac, globe Lily field AND at AND T Stadium, roofing, waterproofing solar. Solutions call our, Guy nick post K Post. Company good, folks appreciate them sponsoring this. Presentation you haven't Heard skin with us in a. Minute, look, look, guys you can See skin's getting HIS tv makeup down.
Speaker 1: There he is getting makeup. On look at getting make up right?
Speaker 7: There so.
Speaker 4: Difficult he's demanding some really hot pink. Lipstick what's so? Happy so happy down there getting home made? Up that voice Is Max. Rogers my son is here with, us hanging out with. Us she's on the live mic hanging out And christina And kat and. Myself but we're looking At skins getting his makeup. On he's gonna be on THE tv simulcast. Tonight we'll have that SAME tv simual cast right here on ninety seven point One The. Eagle but this is a big. Deal this doesn't happen very. Often and if you think about, it for a city that was, devastated devastated by The luca, trade a fully self inflicted.
Speaker 1: Wound it didn't have to. Happen you didn't have to Trade.
Speaker 4: Luca they Traded luca and did not get a fair return back for the trade and then didn't even have to wait a. Year the very next, offseason they somehow lucked out and got the number one pick in THE nba, draft and not in a draft where it doesn't. Matter sometimes you get the number one pick and there's, like, oh it could be an e number of these five. Guys, no they got the number one. Pick when a guy's coming out that is heralded as an absolute, phenom sports, god a guy who can impact, you, know your your franchise for the next fifteen. Seasons a guy who's an absolute cold blooded killer who will dunk on your soul and plays both, ways plays, defense plays. Offense like he's a sophomore in high school and they're, like he's gonna he's the number one prospect of the. Country then he's a, junior he's still the number. One then he's a, senior still the number. One then he goes to college plays, here he's still the number one prospect on the. Planet and The mavericks lucked into that on the heels of shooting themselves in The foot And luca.
Speaker 1: Trade you can't make this stuff. Up it's so. Unreal the basketball gods love us so.
Speaker 7: Much, WELL i guess they just felt bad for, us right.
Speaker 2: They saw the fans just like you know that that, feeling but like for it to be this year, too like that makes a difference because, UH i don't. KNOW i don't think the, casual Average joe or the Average kevin me would know number one pick in last year's draft doing oh that is this is just some guy From, France Max, ZACHARY i, believe, yeah you, Know max would, know you, know like that's a feel LIKE i followed the league fairly, closely but it.
Speaker 1: Was it was a whatever, draft, right like, yeah when.
Speaker 2: Winby a couple of years, ago that's a name we Knew Anthony edwards a few years, Ago like this, is this is different AND.
Speaker 1: I just DON'T i don't think a lot of people have seen him.
Speaker 2: PLAY i MEAN i don't college people are watching college basketball like they used, to like you really love, sports you, have but he casual people haven't seen this dude.
Speaker 1: Play but he's a.
Speaker 4: Guy and, dude Since skin's not here and my Son Max rodgers, here give us a scanning Report max On Cooper flag as a.
Speaker 8: Player Cooper flag IS i, mean it's one of those guys who you just watching the game coming, in you don't really know who's, good who's, bad who's the star. Player you will know that he's the star player on a team that happened to Do duke is full of five, stars are full of big time. Players he could have, Win, like, oh this guy's a great. Recruit this guy's a great. Recruit Cooper flag is just a dominating. Player that's the best way to put.
Speaker 1: It just he just. DOMINATES i think you're better Than.
Speaker 2: SKIN i, mean let's tell, Yeah skin is nothing if not. REPLACEABLE i think we're seeing, that BUT i have in real.
Speaker 4: Time so we're at The American Airline center, again thank you K, post and fans are now filing in and doors opened a few minutes, ago and there's gonna be a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Here the thing of there anywhere.
Speaker 4: Between eight and ten THOUSAND map fans coming down here today to be to be here to watch all of this. Happen are Piling they are piling, in and you, KNOW i think it's going to be a cathartic healing. Situation the Minute Cooper flag's name is, announced this crowd is going to lose their. Minds AND i think it's going to go a long way to helping putting the trade behind for you, know for a lot of.
Speaker 7: Fans i'm already we don't know the schedule for next, year, right do we know their first game? Yet, okay because that's ALL i can think about. Already i'm, like when's the First MAVs? Game when will we get to see him play with?
Speaker 1: Everyone that's? Great this is, great all, Right, Sara it's a real. Party this is. Great it's a party.
Speaker 4: Now they're they're making announcements here and letting fans know what's going to be going. On and we're telling you the fans are set up on one side of the stadium and they're looking at a huge stage at center court and it's our boys skin right there with Follow well And Ted, emmerick and they're going to be holding down your coverage.
Speaker 1: Tonight and laying him down? There, man why is he? Standing he's standing. Up he's kind of putting his pants right in follow us. Face surely appropriate and as we're.
Speaker 4: Used to him VIOLATING hr, regulations he's kind of doing A Captain morgan like lifting one leg up on Follow well.
Speaker 1: There but, man this is.
Speaker 4: Such a special, Day so what's a special night.
Speaker 1: For Dallas Fort worth. It you, know we were talking about how rare this.
Speaker 4: Is mark McGuire nineteen eighty, One Troy iigman nineteen eighty. Nine maybe you know page buckets more recently for The Dallas, Wings but in my history of being a fan of local, SPORTS i, mean this has just really happened twice prior to Page, buckets and you, know each time it.
Speaker 1: Delivered My mark McGuire was a phenomenal player for The.
Speaker 4: Mavericks, yeah led the league in, SCORING i, believe or flirted with it many many. Years and Then trougman brought Three Super bowls to The. Cowboys but, MAN i listened it To Ted, emert get us excited about, that got me, Fellowshied.
Speaker 2: Yeah and we're ten feet away FROM Cbs sports Is Avery, johnson Former Dallas mavericks, coach played in the league for a long time for The, spurs the head Coach alabama for a, while and he just kind of from where we're at up here on this dock in section on one oh, one looking, down he, goes this is pretty, cool, Man i'm glad they're doing. That and he seems, like, yeah pumped about this that was kind of. Neat well he lived, it but like you, know this is from the excitement.
Speaker 1: One that's pretty.
Speaker 4: Cool, yeah and you know they've had small draft parties before moon you got the twelve pick or.
Speaker 2: Something, dude you, know just you, know you know when they Got Derek lively at The Echo lounge when that, happened and it was, Like, okay this is, great kind of, celebrated but let me be nothing like.
Speaker 1: This, no it don't mean nothing like.
Speaker 4: This this is, uh this is like Having zion Or Anthony davis as your draft pick or some guy that the whole world says this is for sure the number one player and then everyone else is behind.
Speaker 2: Him The MAVs are getting that Got so there's a big article that dropped yesterday from ESPN's Baxter holmes is his, name and it's kind of about the family and what they've been going through through all this and what happened been on the night of the draft. Lottery because we'll podcast all the segments later you can get them on The iHeart. App but earlier were talking about where we all were when we found out that The maverick are getting the number one. Pick, well they were at the draft, Lottery and before they, went they got in their hotel, room his, mom his, dad and his twin, Brother.
Speaker 1: Ace And Ace. Flag great, Name oh are you a? Spy good? Name I'm Ace.
Speaker 2: Flag and they talked, About, okay let's talk about the three teams that is probably gonna, be because that's what the probability. Said it's gonna be The Washington, wizards The Utah jazz are The Charlotte. Hornets and they talked about all the. Pros washington is real close To. Maine Charlotte east, coast real close To. Maine wouldn't be a hard time To you could split your time In, washington Dinner. Charlotte they talked about The. Jazz they apparently were Big Boston celtics fans growing, up so they Knew Danny. Ainge, Right so there's The but they also talked about the, negatives and the negatives of each of those situations is those are. Losers Not it's not hell like they, said but those are teams who have lost for a long.
Speaker 1: Time And Cooper flag has never.
Speaker 2: Lost he only. Wins so to go, Here, wow they had never thought it one. Time they never thought it could, happen and for, him to end up. Here they were, like oh my, god and they were as happy as we were because they Knew Kyrie irving plays, Here Anthony davis plays. HERE i guarantee you who Knows Derek Lively derek two years ago From Dukes.
Speaker 1: Thompson Forget, thompson.
Speaker 4: And it's it's it's, look it's there's so many wounds here because of The luca. Trade but you, Know skin was talking about That houston game where everybody was healthy for a half Before Anthony davis got hurt and The MAVs looked. GOOD i, mean you couldn't understand them getting that much older and taking another injury from. Player and we were still broken hearted Over, luca but you could see the way they were playing and contesting every, shot playing with defense first, mentality and you were, like, okay, okay we're gonna be pretty. Good, Obviously ad got hurt then and it screwed everything, up but you can, understand you, know what they're trying to, do why they're trying to build the team that.
Speaker 1: Way they're gonna be, really really. Good and typically the team that.
Speaker 4: Ends up with one of the top picks is going to be a team that is losing every single, night and If kyrie hadn't have gotten, hurt The mavericks would have been in the.
Speaker 1: Playoffs they would have been a playoff team With.
Speaker 4: Kyrie and SO i understand people are like a, conspiracy but for this to be a, Conspiracy Kyrie irving would have had to fake a knee injury because if he hadn't gotten, hurt they would have been in the.
Speaker 1: Playoffs they wouldn't have had a chance to have the number one.
Speaker 2: Pick it goes back to this THING i skin said it, before is LIKE i need someone who really believes this to walk me through these specific mechanisms in place to rig, It like tell me specifically how this. Happens it's not just a ping pong ball out of the thing like people think it. Is there's combination thanks to it and things like, That like it's a way deeper. Thing and every time you ask someone like who does think it's a? Conspiracy and you ask them that, question they don't have an, answer and that tells.
Speaker 1: You it's not a. Conspiracy it's just.
Speaker 2: Not The MAVs got, lucky. Dude This Nikola harrison's ass was. Saved like just be really clear about. That it was, saved And i'm sure they all know, that and it's fine because it's, Okay like you just never know what's gonna happen in.
Speaker 1: Life and we got.
Speaker 2: Lucky and we'd never gotten lucky though in THE nba draft. Lottery, no The Dennis Smith junior, year the years and the.
Speaker 1: Nineties and they're so.
Speaker 2: Bad we've never gotten lucky in the draft. Lottery so maybe it was just our. TIME i know That i'm walking on, SUNSHINE.
Speaker 1: I, know but right now we are walking on.
Speaker 4: Sunshine that's the song that's playing here at The American Airline. Center inflatable champ is here Inflatable MAVs. Man look at. That there's seventy four cameramen right now pointing cameras at. Skin the cameraman. Amazing it looks like we're going to war down. There those are like a bunch of. Cannon does look like a firing line looking at those. Guys, yeah, man this is gonna be a good place to hang out. Tonight you'll be able to hear all the coverage The MAVs Draft party twenty five again our our presentation brought.
Speaker 1: To you By Kate Post. COMPANY i have to do it make a complaint about The Dallas mavericks. Organization.
Speaker 2: Though get you a look out, There, ben there's New MAVs. Man, okay, man this is just not The MAVs man that we all grow to no one, loved you. Know it's, uh he's now blue and a mass man is a walking human. Basketball it's. Lucky get THE dna test?
Speaker 7: Did they probably scared too many, kids and that's why they had to change it to a more Friendly marvel version at.
Speaker 4: All, Right, oh the New marvel is supposed to BE i heard it's. Nuts are you can't wait to go see? That all? Right kat's taking shots at mascots And i'm here for.
Speaker 1: IT i can't argue with you on that.
Speaker 2: That it's a weak spot of our. City you, know we don't have a single mascot in The Mascot hall Of. Fame it's really.
Speaker 4: Discouraging look down at the, court There's Chuck, cooperstein the voice Of Dallas mavericks basketball down.
Speaker 2: There, Oh, ben you're gonna like. This so in this article when they Got Cooper, flagg A mavericks team source, said we surprisingly renewed seventy five to eighty percent of our season.
Speaker 1: Tickets they said that in the. Quote, surprisingly, Dude he's, yeah he's saving so.
Speaker 2: Much the quote, said we had a lot of work to do in earning back the confidence and. Fandom we sold eight million in new season tickets into three days after the.
Speaker 1: Lottery. Wow eight. Million. Wow that is so. Lucky.
Speaker 4: Wow and it's and it's gonna happen even more and more and. More, YEAH i, mean excitement is back from a team that was again shot themselves in the.
Speaker 1: Foot with the. Trade it's it's the one of the most miraculous all outs. Ever it makes no. Sense is this real? Life Didn't skin say he like cried when you and and AND i get?
Speaker 2: It and uh he did say, That, Christine and he also cries during and after sex.
Speaker 1: Immediately.
Speaker 4: After that's just he's. Proud he tells everyone that it's a signature. Move but, no he He you KNOW i know this from being Around. Skin skin works for The Dallas. Mavericks being around, him other people that work in The, mavericks whether they're in sales and, marketing promotions or anybody affility.
Speaker 1: With the organization wore that.
Speaker 4: Trade, yeah like every single person who had any job for The mavericks wore That Luca. Trade everywhere they went in the, world they got pooped on by everyone going what are y'all?
Speaker 1: Thinking and it's wasn't their, decision but they had to wear.
Speaker 4: It and it was just this plague of depression and sadness that was following. Everybody And skin AND i were doing A MAVs. Podcast you are, Too so we're going up to The MAVs Studio studio forty. One you Me skinned going up there Doing MAVs. Content it was hard to do because we're trying to put a good face on, everything but we're all.
Speaker 1: Devastated and so for.
Speaker 4: The weight of all that to be warned by all these, employees the minute you got the number one, pick you lucked into.
Speaker 2: It suddenly that weight was lifted and hope was. Restored, YEAH i, know like selfishly to make it about.
Speaker 1: ME i don't like To.
Speaker 2: ELVAN i looked at the comment section too. Much but like when we were doing that show A Roundball talk on maps do you forty? One you come up with something that you think is funny and you think might be, good and then you just go to look at the comments are all eko and you're, like oh my, god, no one's even watching what we're.
Speaker 1: Doing they're just Saying matt like mean.
Speaker 2: Things And i'm not the one who had to post the videos like they're a whole team of, people.
Speaker 1: You, Know and it was like that was really discouraging to think you're doing something that's, like, OH i don't think you were watching.
Speaker 2: It they're just checking in to say bad things about the teams because they were, mad and it's okay to be.
Speaker 1: Mad it's absolutely okay to be. Mad let's still take it too.
Speaker 7: Far that's another Reason i'm excited for this. Pick that's WHY i brought it back up BECAUSE i totally forgot he had said, that, like we can be excited for our friends who work for this organization again because now they can be excited to go back to work and actually be excited.
Speaker 1: To, do you, know talk about.
Speaker 2: Him would you say That American airlines is The mavericks' biggest sponsorship?
Speaker 1: Deal what do you THINK i would? Assume?
Speaker 4: SO i, mean because The American airlines, center but it's kind of a deal for both the stars and The, mavericks.
Speaker 2: Right So, Yeah in that, article The MAVs source who said all that stuff that sus tickets Said we have also done two additional new sponsor, deals won the second largest in our.
Speaker 1: History, wow just by getting lucky on lottery, night, right because now it's, dude it helps us as The. EAGLE i, mean we're the home Of MAVs.
Speaker 4: Basketball do you Trade luca and everybody's hurt and you can't even you barely have seven active, players and you're just, like oh my, god this is.
Speaker 1: Miserable please just lose.
Speaker 4: Every game beyond, fighting, scrapping, clawing and somehow winning. Games it's like that would have been a death march if you have the number twelve pick in this.
Speaker 1: Draft but you.
Speaker 4: Don't you have the number one, pick so the you, know the radio ratings for The MAVs games are gonna be significantly, higher the interest in them as a.
Speaker 1: Team and again it's the number.
Speaker 4: One, pick and a year where the number one pick matters coming to a contending team that probably shouldn't even have been in the lottery to begin.
Speaker 2: With, yeah let me say to, you if you're like a listener heard the show today and you're, LIKE i need my, Rock christina will have rock music for you at nine o'clock. Tonight but the draft simulcast that's gonna happen right here and ON. KFAA i would stay tuned to that because you, know The mavericks could not only after the Draft Cooper flag couldn't get in the mix and try to get someone in the back half of the first.
Speaker 1: Round so you, know watch.
Speaker 2: THAT i, mean the draft is now broken up into two nights around one to night round to tomorrow. Night and it's always fun to hear skinning those guys And ted ever can follow, though and when all that's going down and there's action happening On twitter and things like that and find out that that was going to make a trade and maybe get another player to right, too and you're gonna be, like you're gonna want another that you would listening to.
Speaker 4: That, line right there's spen some talk that they were trade back into the first. Round my Son max is. Here, max who's the guy they were talking about them trading of his teammate At.
Speaker 8: Duke Tyres, proctor who was a five star couple of years, ago top.
Speaker 1: Prospect out of high. School he was ranked twelfth in the nation or.
Speaker 8: Something, okay he was supposed to come out last, year decided to say one more year to play With. Flag he's saved one more year to stay and play with. Him he's a good combo.
Speaker 1: Guard he's not.
Speaker 8: Gonna be an elite, playmaker but he shoots at three well and he's going to be a really good.
Speaker 1: Defender he's a good. Prospect and he's From. Australia.
Speaker 4: Mate oh, okay, mate throw another shriple The barbie. MAN i just Thought max was more succinct Than skin got to. It oh My, god quickly wrapped it. Up he was, knowledgeable. Believable Sometimes skin's not. Believable Skin On tyree's. Proctor that scouting report would have taken us fast our heart, out.
Speaker 2: His heart on would have Taken USA's heart.
Speaker 1: Out, yeah heart on for. Sure HEART i, heart, yeah.
Speaker 5: iHeart and we.
Speaker 1: All have to thank our friends AT i heart for having us out.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 1: Now you have to, THINK i, Heart, yeah thank. THEM i even THINK i.
Speaker 2: Heart if you're coming out to the draft, PARTY i know we have SOME bfd shirts to give.
Speaker 7: Away oh, yeah she did say the first four, people Which i'm sure those are already all.
Speaker 1: Right, hey that's.
Speaker 4: Right if you coming out to the draft, party come find. Us The eagle is set up here and our promo crews here and look at the break dancers out there getting skin packed.
Speaker 1: Up, also it's much better to see them dancing to music than just.
Speaker 2: And since we have about twenty three seconds, left that also say if you're a new first time, listener we're on three to six every, weekday so make sure you tune in you listen just also from home on the free iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: App, YEAH i just like to think again our friends At iHeart for having us out tonight and appreciate me.
Speaker 1: Here all, right here we, Go Dallas Fort. Worth it's a big night in your.
Speaker 4: History coming up next THE Nba draft and The MAVs have the number one.
Speaker 1: Pick