Speaker 1: Minnesota. Goodbye, Jenny said to start off with a real life story. Yeah, this is a real true story that is filthy and disgusting. Key funny. Here we go.
Speaker 2: So I get this DM from somebody random on Instagram, and so I open it and I it's a reel and I'll play you guys the real real quick for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, you hold on, I gotta start it over here we go.
Speaker 1: Have you ever met.
Speaker 4: Somebody that you want to absolutely fuck the shit out of? Well, whoever sent this to you, they want to absolutely fuck the shit.
Speaker 3: Out of you.
Speaker 2: So I get that reel from someone and I go to the person's profile immediately and I was like, do I know this person?
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I think they just listened to the show whatever. But I see that my brother in law follows him, and so I sent a screenshot and I'm like, do you know this person? And then I sent him to the reel and he's like, oh, I used to work with him at blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: He's like he was a good dude, but apparently a little bit of a creep. Yeah that's so crazy. Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: But then to add on to this entire story, I had been asked about a link to these workout shoes that I had shared, so I was like, Okay, I'll just share it to my Instagram story so all these people can just have the answer to it instead of having to individually DM all these people. And so in the in between of me finding that reel and then trying to share the link to the shoes, I accidentally shared the link to that reel ask the link to the shoes. People are like, I want those shoes. Click on the link, Nike, I absolutely want.
Speaker 3: To fuck the shit out of you.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, oh my gosh. And I didn't know guess how long I had it up until.
Speaker 1: I realized how long did you know that?
Speaker 3: It was like four hours?
Speaker 1: Oh wow? Did you a lot of comments on this choe?
Speaker 2: So I didn't get a ton I only got a few dms like hey, I think that's the wrong link. But I had already gone to the link myself. Just I don't even know why. I don't normally click on something if I link it, but I had clicked it, and I was like.
Speaker 5: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Shoe, so play it, play it again, okay, Because I think we've seen things like this one, So play it again for this is what it says. This is what somebody sent.
Speaker 5: I'm you're your nice follower, Ashley clicking on the link for these Nike shoes.
Speaker 3: Yep, okay, hold on, I gotta start it over again. Hold on, here we go three two one. Have you ever met.
Speaker 4: Somebody that you want to absolutely fuck the shit out of? Well, whoever sent this to you? I didn't want to absolutely funck the shit out of you, so you should fuck them.
Speaker 1: Like looking for shoes, So that's funny.
Speaker 2: And then I want to actually post the correct link also linked the wrong thing went to like leggings and instead of shoes, and I was like, oh, this is a correct link, I promise.
Speaker 3: Someone's like are you sure, and I'm like, what happened today? Like do I am my fat finger? And everything?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I think it's one of those things. It's kind of like in the age of what we do with social media emails. It was very, very much like the other day when Cassandra thought that she was sending a text message to her friend in a private teams meeting and she sent it to the whole company and it said what's your favorite porn category? And it's just in this age of electronic tech media whatever, it's easy to do. Just like I remember Susan and I were sending text messages back and forth and I said, this is probably five, seven, eight years ago. I said, how's that pussy? Yeah? And she said juicy yeah, And then we realized Carson was on this text too.
Speaker 5: It's a family text tape.
Speaker 1: Man, how's that pussy? Juicy? Cool?
Speaker 2: Imagine Carson probably couldn't look at you guys in the eyes for like weeks after that one.
Speaker 1: He was probably fourteen or fifteen. So, oh, it's just terrible. Yeah, way, good story, Jenny. You know what, here's the thing to remember about things like that. If it hasn't happened to you in a while, you're overdue. It's gonna happen. It's going to happen, and you'll see it. And it's just it's not funny, but sometimes it's funny. That one was funny. Funny to makeful ones. Yeah, it's funny to us. So anyway, good job, Jenny, welcome to the Minnesota. Goodbye. And we got a couple of emails we want to get to and let's get started. We were talking about I talked about how I don't like to watch the videos that maybe you see them. They're kind of in my feed somehow algorithm, And it'll be people that purposely get pulled over by the police and videotape the police officer trying to write them a ticket, and they'll be like, you don't have the right to talk to me. Yes, I do, sir, you know, please give me your license. Rid No, you don't have the right. I'm going to call your supervisor. Call your supervisor right now. You're gonna get sued. And it's like they're trying to prove First Amendments something rights, blah blah blah, and they're like the cops are always wrong and make sure that blah blah blah. So I said, I hate that shit. It really pisses me off. And a guy wrote in very respectfully and he said, hey, they're just trying to make sure the cops are adhering to the law. And I said, I don't care what they're doing. They're being jerks. Cops are human. Sometimes they'll make a mistake. You don't need to video cops to prove what assholes they are. Sidney writes in she said, I know You're probably cautious to continue to the topic of people that purposely aggravate cops for videos, but hearing this topic fired me up. The comment was made by whoever wrote that that they're not doing anything illegal. Okay, you're right, it's not illegal to be a fucking asshole. But does anyone, regardless of the discipline and training you believe they should have, deserve to be taunted and treated like an asshole for your entertainment and to get a reaction from them. That's ridiculous to claim those videos are okay to make, and honestly, they're only posted probably when the police officer does react. I cannot imagine being at work and having one of my employees videoing me and aggravating me until they get me to react. I'm a very mild mannered person, and I walk away from a situation. But I imagine if the police officer pulled someone over, even for a minor infraction, they're just trying to fulfill their duty and write the ticket or at least review the person's information before they let them go. But while they try to do this, you're being an asshole or rile them up. Absolutely ridiculous and absurd that humans think this is Okay, it's not illegal. Okay, rant over, stop being an asshole reviews. That's all. Thanks all from Sydney. You know, I think that's true if they think about it this way, if you couldn't videotape them and send them out to your pussy little followers, then you wouldn't do it. It's like, would you do this if you couldn't get views and hits from your little followers that live in their mom's basement. The answer is probably know. Can you tell? It gets me riled up. I just hate guys like that, And most of the time it is guys that like I don't have a life of my own, I have no power, I have little income, I don't have a relationship that makes me happy. So I'm going to go make other people look bad as my way of feeling better about myself. That's what a bully does. Think about who bullied you in school. They weren't the people who, well, you know, sometimes they are the popular kids, but a lot of the time they're the loser kids that are bigger than you, and they bully you so they'll feel better about themselves.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think my bully was about half size of me, so it doesn't really work in my situation.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he was a little little man.
Speaker 5: Well he's got to compensate for being little bitty dude who hasn't hit puberty yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. The guy that picked on me was I'll say his name. He was a prick. His name was Mike Widelick and wie Lick, Mike wide Lick.
Speaker 3: What about Billy Devereux. I thought that.
Speaker 1: Billy No, no, Billy Deverel was not a bully. He was a snob, but he wasn't a bully. He made fun of my shoes one time. The rest of the year he was okay or ignored me, but Mike wide Lick just humiliated me. He was very popular. He was very cute. He had the very nineteen seventies bowl haircut. If you look up, if you look up the actor Adam Rich, look up Adam Rich. When Adam Rich was little, Adam Rich was a TV star when he was about twelve or ten, he was this guy organized that kid. That's what Mike Widlick looked like. All the girls thought he was adorable, and so he decided. Nobody ever picked on me, But he decided that he was going to pick on me, and all the girls giggled and giggled, and I was so humiliated because I just sat there doing my math work and he'd come over and like, you know, slap me in the head or or you know, make fun of me or whatever, and all the girls would giggle. And then one time I finally stood up and I punched him, and he never bothered me again.
Speaker 3: Oh, punched him in the face.
Speaker 1: I don't remember where I punched him, but I fought back and he didn't like it when I fought back because I was bigger than him.
Speaker 5: So gosh, only that was that worked as well in like girl bullies, because girl bullies.
Speaker 1: Are just on that.
Speaker 5: Well, girl bullies are mean to you with their words and they're not like going to whack you around. And my mom always tried to tell me and my sister like here's how you deal with them. Like if you see someone like making fun of you, and you walk up to them and you say, like, hey, I could I could see that you guys were talking about me. What would you like to know? Because I'm the expert on myself. But then I would say that crap to people and then they would make fun of me more because I said such like a weird, cringey thing that my mom told me to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mam Miranda was wrong on that one. Yeah, yeah, I think Mama Rnda's intentions were good. But I would make fun of you too, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean, as an adult, it sounds really good as a comeback, but as a kid, you probably have your little posse around you and you're like, oh, you thought that was so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well that's exactly what would happen. I'd be like, Hi, I hear you guys talking about me. I'm the expert on myself. What can I let you know about? And they'd be like, oh, what a freaking idiot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which doubles down on the nerd weirdo stereo type. Yeah it did. So that's the thing. I mean. Kids are just I don't know, it's just awful. Okay, moving on, Hey, friend, says Brooke. I'm not sure if you're able to help me on this or not, but I'm hoping. So I'm flying to Dominican next week by myself. My aunt and uncle retire to move there. I'm a mom of three and I kind of wait for a week of splice. It says week of I don't know if that's a typo or what Maybe they mean peace. I don't know. This is the furthest I've flown on my own. Here comes my question. There are a few seats left in the first class section and the main cabin comfort, and I'm wondering how do I go about the approaching the staff to upgrade my seat. I would get there super early, and then what do I just wait until they come check to come to the check in desk and ask if I can upgrade to first class? Do I expect it to be free? Do I bring goodies to bribe them? I'm flying Delta, just hoping for a great experience. If I don't upgraded, that's fine, but it would make the trip so much more fun and relaxed. At first, I thought you were saying you're going with your three kids. No, it sounds like you're just going by yourself. Okay, I was gonna say, there's no way they're going to upgrade you three kids into first class. You can always ask, and it's not likely. They just don't do it anymore. They used to do it a whole lot more often, and they'll do it sometimes for frequent flyers, but they're not likely to take somebody who's like just a random passenger and upgrades you unless you, guys know something that I don't.
Speaker 2: So we've talked about this where like flight Attendants has sent information about this in the person who checks in. If you're checking a bag, a lot of times the person who's checking your bag is also the person who's at the gate for that air that fight, So make sure you're extra nice to the person checking your bag and then also to the people who are at the gate. But also some people have said that people will bring them like Caribou or Starbucks and be like, hey, I got this for you, and then like kind of like wheasel their way in with any chance you got any options for upgrades, like kind of like that is what they've said before.
Speaker 1: Well, see, and I did that because years ago Patt Eberts on the show said, the wait to get in first classes, you go buy them a big chocolate chip muffin, take it to the front desk and go, I got this for you. Hey, by the way, any chance at first class? And I brought that up and people laugh they said, no, that does not absolutely does not work, so I haven't tried it. I sit back in steerage. I'm back to the boiler room and next to the crying babies. I don't know it's worth a try, but chances are i'd say no.
Speaker 5: No, Hey.
Speaker 2: It doesn't hurt to ask, though, if you do it in a nice way and not a way of like entitlement.
Speaker 3: I don't think it hurts to ask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, well, good luck. I mean, you know, sure, why not ask? Okay, good luck? Brooke. Let me hit delete on that email. Let's scroll up and do one from Nicole. Here we go. My name is Nicole. I was listening to Minnesota Goodbye, and as a P one listener, I heard an email from Megan regarding someone getting hit by a semi. Oh okay, help me out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Think it was about how her husband helped someone who got hit by a semi. And then that person called into the show, the person who got hit and won tickets and like told us the story about them getting hit by a semi. And so the person who emailed then last week was like, this is such a small world, Like that was my husband who was at that accident. And then that woman called in and I heard that story, so that's I'm pretty sure the Cliff.
Speaker 3: Noes version of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I think you're right because yeah, okay, So here's what she says. She says, I am that person, oh my gosh, that got hit by the semi and I wanted to thank Megan's husband and the other guy for coming to my aid and helping with Diesel. I guess Diesel was the dog or son. Maybe I'm sorry, I don't remember more, it is a dog. I'm reading further ahead. Okay, I agree with Megan. He deserves tickets for what he did that morning. Diesel was terrified after what happened and took off into the intersection, and I was afraid he was going to get hit. Her husband and the unknown guy grabbed Diesel and called nine one one. They gave a good description to the truck that never stopped after hitting me, but the cops were able to locate him and eventually stopped him in Saint Peter, and Diesel and I are now back to running, although we do not cross that intersection anymore. Diesel has thousands of miles on him. It slowed down as he is twelve. Sorry, David, the loss of Josie. It is so hard to watch them when we want them to keep going but their bodies just can't. She had a wonderful life with you and is waiting for you on the Rainbow Bridge. Thank you to Meghan's husband, he deserves whatever tickets he wants. And thank you to this morning show for all that you do. Have a great day. Wow, small world twice. Yeah, seriously, I wish I remembered exactly what happened. But somebody was listening and they called in and they said, Hey, I deserve tickets because I helped a woman who got hit by a semi.
Speaker 2: No, she called in because she got hit by a semi. So she the woman who we just brought her email, she is the one who won tickets. But then the guy who helped her, his wife emailed in last week saying I feel like my husband should get tickets because he helped her. And then we heard her on the radio and she won tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, okay, gotcham wow. Interesting, a little hard to follow, very interesting. Thank you to call and I'm really glad you got hit by a semi and you're doing okay. Yeah, good news. Okay, this one says do not say my name, just to thought I've been having for a while now. When talking to young adults and giving them advice on careers, do you tell him to do something their love or do you push them to have a career that would give them financial security? Obviously both aspects are important, but what do you tell them if they can't find a career within the middle ground? Thanks? And PS. Can't wait for the heat wave we're supposed to have this weekend. Okay, I have some interesting advice on that. I follow a guy online and his name is Professor Galloway, and I found advice from him about following your dream. Let me see if I can find it heref g.
Speaker 3: Angel listens to him all the time. That's what it calls them.
Speaker 1: Prof Gy Okay he says, And I really like this. Don't follow your passion, follow your talent they okay, the worst career advice. Follow your passion. That's what rich people say after they've made their money. Moving on passion is a trap. Most people don't have a singular passion. Only twenty percent of us can even identify one passion that we have, and if you do, it's likely in a field that pays little and exploits dreamers like theater, music, art sculpture. Only two percent of actors make a living. The top three percent of YouTubers make just fifteen thousand dollars a year on average. Talent is the move. Passion fades, Talent compounds. Unlike passion, talent is observable and testable. I'm going to read that part again. Unlike passion, talent is a observable and testable It can be converted into high earning careers, and the more you use it, the better it gets. Why talent wins. The world rewards what you're good at, not what you love. Wow, I think that's really true because you could say, like, ah, I'm going to be a singer. I'm not going to give up on my passion. That is my passion, or I'm going to be an artist that's my passion, and then yes, that's great that it's your passion. But a lot of the time it's not going to earn you a living. But talent is measurable and testable. And think about somebody like, Okay, let's use weather Girl, Jenny. Weather Girl, Jenny has a talent. You might have just said I want to be a you know, what my dream is to be a radio host producer, maybe host, but not a producer. But you have a talent as a producer that's measurable and testable.
Speaker 5: So would you say she found that talent by like getting into radio in the first place, without like having the goal of being a producer. So sometimes it's like follow your passion and you'll learn your talent.
Speaker 3: That's what I think I would agree with that.
Speaker 2: I don't think that I would have learned that I'm a good producer until I got into radio because I was passionate about being in radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I.
Speaker 5: Get the whole follow your talent rather than your passion. But sometimes your passion is what leads you to your talent. And some industries are so massive because like, for example, theater, Like, yeah, only two percent of actors make any money. But actors are only a small part of the entire theater industry. So you could work in lights, you could work in like production design, you could work in stage management, and those are all a part of theater. So you can still be within your passion, but do something that you find your talent in as you are pursuing theater. And I wish that I had pursued theater because I honestly, I didn't major in theater because my parents said that it was stupid to do so, so I didn't, and I wish I had because then maybe I could have developed an actual talent in something that I cared so much about.
Speaker 1: That's interesting middle ground, Bailey, because Carson did exactly that. Carson wanted to be a drummer. He went to Berkeley College of Music, very prestigious, expensive university in Boston to become a drummer, and he quickly realized there are a million really good drummers out there, so he would be in He would be in the two percent maybe I mean two percent of drummers are going to make a living as a drummer. The other ones are going to drive a ups truck. But he then switched to music business management. Yeah, that's his talent, and at twenty three years old, he is in Glasgow, Scotland right now as the tour manager of the David Kushner tour. So maybe there is something there. But I think the good thing is like he was smart enough, and I think this is maybe the key that opens that lock. You gotta admit when you're not making it as an actor. You got to admit when you're not making it as a musician. I know somebody and they're they're frustrating because they are now a approaching fifty years old and they still want to be a stand up comic as a profession, and they have all their influences and their friends with some people in the business, some powerful people, but they're just not ever going to be a stand up comic. And they do other things that are kind of gigging, what I mean, like receptionist or Jimmy John's worker or whatever, because they still really want to be that stand up comic and it's like, no, bitch, you're never going to do that. But maybe you could be a booking agent. Maybe you could be a manager for stand up comics. Yeah, you know, maybe you could be a writer for stand up comics. But yeah, that's a really that's really interesting because you know, I was very fortunate. I had radio was my passion and coincidentally my talent. And I don't know where the talent came from. I don't know. I don't know if it was from listening to radio all the time, being a little bit of a weird kid with a weird creativity and sense of humor, watching every game show and every sitcom that I possibly could watch Johnny Carson when I was growing up, watching David Letterman. I don't know if that's kind of all balled up to make the talent surface, but I was lucky, so I think I think there it is. I think, Bailey, you you you had kind of a good point. Thanks follow your passion. But if it doesn't work out, and that's where you've got to be aware that it's not working out and then get into something else. We gotta wrap They gotta wrap up. That's it, Minnesota, Goodbye. Send your emails to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com