Speaker 1: This is the world famous ben in Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, thanks for rolling with us today. This segment's brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. They feature truly authentic pizza that represents the best styles of pizza in the United States. They've got Dallas style pizza which is highly popular, Chicago style, Detroit style which is my favorite, tavern style, and of course New York style. And there's only one location of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. It's located in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. But even though there's just one location, this one little itty bitty engine.
Speaker 2: That could they dominate.
Speaker 1: Dallas Morning News readers said that Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen is the best pizza joint in all of the metroplex. That speaks volume skin wirefolks flocking to Andrews. It's just so good man. They've got the pizza down. They also have great pasta dishes, an awesome bar. I think it's a good place to watch games, and the staff is friendly. I love everything about Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. Also, they got a cool little side room if you want to do, throw a party or do a private event. So hit him up right there at Preston and Plano Parkway. It's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. Definitely get enough to take something to go because it heats up even better somehow, somehow so good when you when you warm it up right when it when it hits your lips. But right now it's time for this, and now it's time for Basis Sweet Day Up Day featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets.
Speaker 3: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: You guys, ever gone hogging? Yeah, dude, I mean when you're in a slump, a shooting slump. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a very popular thing. We've talked about over the years. Now it's seen as like a trip or like a vacation type thing. You pay money, go up in a helicopter and shoot feral.
Speaker 2: Hogs that you can risk injury though. Yeah, oh absolutely can pull something. You can risk injury with both ways of hogging. You could get him paled.
Speaker 3: But in those situations you're out in the country. Usually you're not within city limits.
Speaker 1: When you're hogging, just because bigger girls living on the outskirts killing feral hogs. Ben, what were you talking about?
Speaker 2: Smashing Smashing country Hogs.
Speaker 1: That was the name of my first album, Smashing Country Hogs. But Big Ben Rogers brought to you by Jimmy Dean's. I did have a sausage sponsor, sponsored by Jimmy Dean, and he had his own called Jimmy Dome. I mean, probably a bad sign. I just sold too much. It was my album cover had a sponsor. People like, I don't want to listen to this. When Ben was Ben was a sophomore, he walked in one day and said, Man, them big old country girls is easy. I don't think he did know it was because it was harder chasing the city girls. It's a lot of hard work, Yeah, because they were.
Speaker 2: All you had to do was talk real nass. I'm Ben Rogers.
Speaker 1: In that big old gal.
Speaker 2: The city girls get away.
Speaker 1: The city girls are in better shape because they were running from Ben and those big ass gals was just sitting there. You got me trapped, and I like it. Trap me big man, I can't spell none. Is that a city Honda? How did you get all the way out here? City on the power got to be I don't got to be home till sun up.
Speaker 2: You're my first boyfriend, it ain't my brother. What is the story, Well, the story takes us to Irving. So Irving.
Speaker 3: There's a couple neighborhoods Irving, and one of those is near Valley Ranch. Have y'all seen have you been in that area in the last five years? Even where Valley Ranch is.
Speaker 1: I keep going out there looking for cowboys practice and get lost.
Speaker 2: Well, you won't find it.
Speaker 3: What you'll find is a lot of open land and a lot of construction that's kind of been done in that area too. And they've been building up some houses and things like that there. It won't be long you Valley Ranch won't even You wouldn't even know it was there. But now you could still kind of see the remnants of that old Valley Ranch neighborhood.
Speaker 2: None of what he's saying is making sense.
Speaker 1: He's like, they're building it up, building a bunch of houses, but it's about to be gone. He said, it's open land as far as I can see that they're building up the building Upah, what are you talking about. I'm saying that if you drove through there, you'd go Okay, this all looks familiar, and I think in two or three years, I think you'll go.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't even know that that's where the cowboys used to be.
Speaker 1: Guide me on a guide me on a jersey, talking about you just cruising down MacArthur, go.
Speaker 2: Down in that little neighborhood. Yeah, and you go over there and there's land. Remember, you can just drive right into the cowboys.
Speaker 1: That lady just waved to you and just drove in park walked right into the locker room.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I've parked in the locker.
Speaker 3: Room right at Jerry's office telling who you want to hires the next head coach.
Speaker 2: What are you saying? Are you saying that it's the animals? Land and coyotes and stuff are taken over in hogs. Well, so you have a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of you know, neighborhoods over there that have always been there as well. So you combine that with a little bit of construction, a little bit of building up, and you have introduced yourself into a threat for wildlife to be there. So what we have here in this part of town is a neighborhood where there's some feral hogs that have been going in overnight because they won't do it during the day overnight and have been tearing up people's yards. And this is a story about a week ago. I think I first saw this on the seventeenth. I take us till late last week, like toilet papering trees and stuff. No, just you know, digging up the digging up the yard, eat the plants, whatever you got.
Speaker 2: You have some shrubbery things like that.
Speaker 3: Well, Channel eight has got a very good investigative report that I want to play for you guys.
Speaker 2: It's about a minute long. Rebecca Lopez.
Speaker 3: Uh, no, some guy by the name of let's see here. It's a Matt Howardton. Oh, I love Matt. And uh there's a there's a guy a gal who have got a plan here.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen to how weirdly edited this clip.
Speaker 4: Is some neighbors don't even know each other. I think has taken already.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Others build a crude electric fence to keep feral hogs from destroying their lawns.
Speaker 3: Okay, a crude electric fence has been built, Okay in this in their yard that's allowed.
Speaker 2: Yes, what if a toddler runs into it? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that sort of I have a question since I'm not watching the story, so I might be confused. Shoot, so what was the part about a couple of neighbors don't know each other? What did that happen to do with what's happened?
Speaker 2: I'm confused by two? Okay? Was it the same neighbors that built the crude electric fence? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so they didn't know each other until they came together to build a crude electric fence?
Speaker 2: Is that what Matt Howardton's telling me? I think so?
Speaker 4: All right, this is the Baconator trademark pending. We keep asking where Elmer fun is.
Speaker 1: We could really use them as a neighbor.
Speaker 3: Right now, okay, we're twenty second it's into the story, and it's very unclear about what's happening.
Speaker 2: We know that there's an electric fence, but there's just a little too much banter in joking around going on. Did anybody explain the Elmer Fudd part?
Speaker 3: We finally get to it, well, not the Elmer Fud part, but the fence.
Speaker 4: Right now, this is Tom Coron.
Speaker 5: We gotta do something.
Speaker 3: And Kathy okay, it's Tom Coron and then you hear a clip of Kathy I have so many problems with this clip.
Speaker 2: Are you putting the reporter on Troe? I am okay? Or if he had an editor. Here's the thing I've learned.
Speaker 1: I learned this back in the day when I used to criticize Becky Oliver oh Man. Man, she will suddenly set her scope on you, and she'll do twenty stories about all of the criminal things you're doing.
Speaker 2: This guy still hasn't taken down his fence.
Speaker 1: Howardton's gonna be in your backyard with a crude electric fence?
Speaker 2: I got he's gonna be pissed. But this part, why don't you put up a crude electric fence?
Speaker 3: It's like saying you're talking about me and he interviewed me, but he plays a clip of cr Stina's voice.
Speaker 1: Though, Yes, we could really use him as a neighbor right now.
Speaker 4: This is Tom Coron, we Gotta do something, and Kathy Martin, and mean it's Kathy talking.
Speaker 2: It's Kathy Martin talking.
Speaker 1: We could really use him as a neighbor right now.
Speaker 4: This is Tom Coron, we Gotta do something and Kathy Martin. And since December they have slowly watched a posse of roughly twenty feral swine root and dig up the yards on their street in Irving, and they are the last yards standing.
Speaker 5: They haven't touched it.
Speaker 4: Wildlife officials set up a trap at a nearby park earlier this week with a camera, but so far no pigs. When you're on the grass and you touch the wire, you've completed the circuit.
Speaker 5: So Tom hoping to hear a loud squeal.
Speaker 4: And Kathy built.
Speaker 3: Okay, Tom, and then another clip of Kathy. But the point is they've got a fence that's very small. Okay, but it would stop a pigs running up to it. It would shock him, like, I can see how this would.
Speaker 2: Work and then turn into bacon in the front yard. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Tom hoping to hear a loud squeal.
Speaker 4: And Kathy built some insurance around their lawns. Well, I wanted something that they couldn't step over. An electric fence delivering a four hundred volt shock. It's on a timer, so it comes on about ten thirty at night, shuts off about five thirty in the morning, and as a courtesy to neighbors when these Christmas lights are on, if the lights are on, the fence is live. Oh yeah. NASA engineers wish they thought of this. You kind of have to take manners into your own hands. It's a little crazy, this saga has come to this. But they'd rather build a hog defying fortress.
Speaker 5: This may be the best solution yet.
Speaker 4: Then pay thousands repairing their lawns in Irving. I'm Matt Howardton, So what about these nighttime toddlers? Would just like to get out and move around there? But a little bit right before that time.
Speaker 2: I will here's what I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought about Amazon delivery drivers though, who do drop overnight packages and things like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Amazon delivery toddlers, you never got something.
Speaker 2: It'll be there between.
Speaker 1: Four and eight am, you know it. I don't know if you guys agree that. It was clear to me that Howardton was reporting that these neighbors hooked up. Yeah, he kept but he's like they didn't know each other until she started wanting to hear some squealing.
Speaker 2: Right, playful banter soon led to a hookup.
Speaker 1: When the faral hogs are a fart in this van is a rocket? Or so maybe is she a big old girl? Because maybe that's the whole deal. Maybe it's like a double story. Maybe that's why it's called mcgeddon. This isn't appear to be bigger than the average size. Can you eat farrel hogs? Is that good eating?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Hog mcgeddon is a great name for a big gal Sex festival.
Speaker 2: Festival, but where do you get your tickets?
Speaker 3: What's interesting about this too is at the end of it they're clearly less concerned about the hogs destroying their yard and more trying to hawk a product like mere So wishes they could come up with this. Right, you can contact Tom and Karen. I have five percent of the company as well. Why do you take a shot at NASA?
Speaker 2: No, Sen's what, Matt? Did you know it was a stretch?
Speaker 5: Yeah, NASA engineers, whosh, they knew.
Speaker 1: They're just sitting there watching this going seriously this little fence they made. You're taking a shot at us. It's very common, like they've I've seen this for years. Why don't we just drop Huheela's name and get Howardton on the show?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, KT doesn't want to stand off with him on the air.
Speaker 3: I think I think Matt would agree that's it is confusingly edited.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you'd kiss his ass.
Speaker 3: And we got him on the show, I would ask about some of the choices to put a SoundBite in of the other person after he says one person's name.
Speaker 1: But again he might haveing that off to an intern. That could be a great new show segment. Let's get a local reporter on and criticize their work. They would love that, you know what I actually do like that. Well, let's not even just hold it to be reporters. Let's just get someone on the show every week and criticize their work.
Speaker 2: Someone's got to get the media account. How about this.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to this and you have somebody out there that you think their work needs to be criticized, reach out to us on social media.
Speaker 2: Where the guys, where the guys, your people?
Speaker 1: Let us know what they're doing, Send us some of their work, and then we will be highly critical of it on the air.
Speaker 2: And then if we have to, we'll get them on the show and call them the task. We'll have critical Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: If I was Howardton, I would have ended that with but that's what you get for moving to Irving.
Speaker 2: I'm mad, Howardton.
Speaker 1: W faa al All right there it is the latest on Hogmageddon coming up next in honor of the inauguration happening yesterday, the thirteen best movie presidents in the history of movies.
Speaker 2: Next