Speaker 1: You know, I saw a tweet from a w fan account, very popular one, and I like what they say, like all the time, but mentioned that wearing the coal rush uniform and putting out that type of performance is not representative of the state. And as much as I love the state of West Virginia, I have to say, actually, it is kind of very representative. Trying to celebrate coal and then falling flat on your face is pretty representative of the state of West Virginia. They should move on from coal. Respect all the coal miners. You have a hard and dangerous job, but there are other things to celebrate about the great state of West Virginia, and natural beauty being one of those that. By the way, coal ruins a lot of But you know, hey, windmills are the problem, not strip mining where you take off an entire top of a mountain.
Speaker 2: Correct, yes, yes, absolutely, But no, I thought they look.
Speaker 1: Falcons one on Sunday, John, That's what I'm focusing on. Tech one at UGA. That's a great win for them. Auburn didn't have to cause your household any internal stress today.
Speaker 2: Well neither did Florida State.
Speaker 1: By the way, you're right, you're right. You got to watch opposing fans, you know, go through the consternation of being a football fan this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is absolutely true, and we talked about it on the OS two side of things. With the other elements and things that went on. We were all either looking at everybody else and not worrying about our bye week and wondering how we could still be fifteenth in a conference of seventeen schools. But there was a moment, and there was a moment in US soccer where it was officially official. First off, was Q two even full?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think it was officially full, It was close. They announced the night before the game that they had basically like what they needed two thousand tickets to be sold. Wow, which you know is disheartening because Q two is only a stadium of just over twenty thousand, So the fact that they weren't able to m yeah, attended, well, they announced attends at twenty two thirty nine, so I guess it was a full house.
Speaker 2: Congratulators, it was, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would hope that, you know, US soccer would have been able to sell out the match of the first Yeah, the first match of its new head coach, the best biggest head coach of its history. But you know, oh well, apparently they did sell out. Good for them. It took them all up until the day of the game.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we end up with a a win for the United States. And the way that John Arnold at all phrased it was this, It was that Pochettino's US M and T passed the vibe check. How long will the good times roll? He says. Soccer is about physical ability and skill, plus the collective understanding of how best to work together to score goals get the other team scoring on you. But especially at the international level, vibes enter the equation too, whether it's frustration with a certain coaches style of play, anger at recent results, or even national moods spilling into the sporting sphere. What's going on around a team often has a big effect on a team's form, even when it seems superior in the ability and skills sector. That may even be more true in the Concacaff region, where the depth of any given national team is unlikely to match that of counterparts in UEFA or Connoble. My friends at the World of Concacaff podcasts say that Concacaff is a vibes based economy.
Speaker 1: Cocacaff is a vibees based economy.
Speaker 2: That is a fact while hiring Murcio Pochettino or Jesse Marsha Javier Giray is designed to take advantage of a coach's experience at the highest levels of the club game. They're also intended to change the vibes. No one would argue the vibes were good at the end of Greg Burholter's tenure leading to the US men's national team, and no one will argue there anything but good. One game into the Pochatino Era after a two nail victory over Panama, What say you, Bart Keeler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that for starters, you got to win over Panama, which under the Burholter tenure was kind of this bugaboo team, right, I mean, Panama beat us in World Cup qualifying down there. They proved to be a problem for us in Gold Cups, you know, knocked us out of the last of the twenty twenty three Gold Cup.
Speaker 2: That was a lot of math.
Speaker 1: Beat us obviously in Copoamerica for you know, and there are some extenuating circumstances around them. You remember that loss in World Cup qualifying. We had Josse Artas starting, which is a recipe for disturb for anyone. You then lost in that Gold Cup in twenty twenty three because you know, Panama doesn't have a B squad, they have their A squad and the US was playing somewhere between a D and a B squad. And then obviously with the Copa America result, it was because you had, you know, a red card by Tim Wayev for being a little dumb. But you know, this was definitely not a first choice lineup from the US, right, not just with the injuries that we knew of coming into camp, but then the players that were selected were probably not the first choice for a lot of people that would be picking a team, and there are obvious reasons for that. I'm sure we will have a question about. And so the fact that you won is good because that as a reversal from what you've seen in recent history. But also John apparently saw one watching the broadcast, Panama had scored a goal on the US in at least five straight games. Wow, And so you got to shut out and that was the hallmark of the bird to Halter tener tenure, so I was told by his supporters, is that, Oh, his defensive scheme is very good. We don't give up a whole lot of goals. Again, Panama seemed to be the team that figured out how to Panama and Canada where the two teams that figured out how to score goals against the US consistently. And a lot of that is looking at what we saw. The difference between Saturday and what we saw a difference between you know, the last few games of the Burr Halter era was I think two things. One was just an intentionality to the play more frequently, okay. And then I don't want to say intensity because I don't think that's like a fair metric to use. It's a little that's a little two vibesy. But you could just tell that there was a understanding of the severity of Hey, I'm playing for the national team. We got to go win. Was it perfect? By no stretch?
Speaker 2: It was perfect? Right? It was?
Speaker 1: There were there were errant passes everywhere. There were obviously players who didn't live up to the moment at many times, some players who unfortunately, I think, failed to capitalize on the opportunity they had from you know, being able to start over players who were injured or being held out due to rest, but overall the team as a collective got a too well when at home in the first game of the punchetoon Era. And that's that's a positive.
Speaker 2: Unis Moussa scores on the forty ninth through Cardo Peppy scores at ninety plus four.
Speaker 1: That's what Peppy does. He scores in Austin.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true. Just ask him.
Speaker 1: I've seen them scoring.
Speaker 2: As verities about that from his time at FCD. Uh sealed the victory and the USA's four game winless streak. Player ring or player ratings, And this is where we tear apart what Soccer America likes to do on a match by match basis. Matt Turner had a six early in the second half. Turner stops Panama's first good chance with the diving save, jumped up to block the close range shot off the rebound, so Matt Turner with a six in net For the United States defenders, Anthony Robinson gets a five. Mark McKenzie gets a five, Joe Scally gets a five. Tim Reen gets a six. Sparked the attack on the first goal with a long ball down the wing to Robinson, Reem and Mark McKenzie blocked several shots by Los Caneleros and mostly distributed safely, although McKenzie gifted Panama ball deep in the US half. In a free kick at at the edge of the area in the eighty seventh, Kinsey was beaten to the ball by Edguarda Farina, who hit wide from seven yards out. So five's basically across the board except for Tim Reim, who looks like he sparked an attack. Therefore he got plus one there and got a six.
Speaker 1: I think that's a little unfair to Jedi, who did I think a much better job in a slightly more advanced role. I know formations aren't a real thing, but it was like an unbalanced four three three four three, where like Jedi and Musa were technically in the same plane, but like Musa was a little bit higher than Jedi. Like it was like they were a little bit on a seesaw. But I thought Jedi was better than a five. I don't think anyone else did anything worth noting from a defensive standpoint, And again, I think McKenzie is one of those guys who did not take advantage of a chance to put a good foot forward for the manager. I know, again, you get the shutout, but a lot of times he committed fouls or got beat to a ball and it just wasn't He continues to be This a story of unfulfilled promise from Mark McKenzie where you watch him and you go, this guy could be really good, and then when it comes time to actually test him, he kind of doesn't always pass the test, or if he does, it's like at best to see and you know, that's disappointing when Tim Briam seems to be the most competent center back in your center back pool right now and he's you know, eighty seven years old.
Speaker 2: Yes, Midfielders Unice Mussa, Aiden Morris Joll, Lukabusio and Musa gets a seven. I'm guessing because you get the goal. I was gonna say, ooh, you got the goal, so therefore you get a you get a plus, you get a blue star attack.
Speaker 1: If they called him a midfielder, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah uh imprecision contributed to the USA's failure to turn possession into scoring threats in the first half, forged Ford more than usual, storm through the penalty area to finish Poliitic's low cross for the first US goal to Pochattino Era, Unice gets unice, Mussa gets a seven. I'm guessing because he scored. Busio got a five, aiden Morris got a six.
Speaker 1: That's a little harsh for Bussio. I would have given both he and Morris a sixth, but they are both like above average. I thought Morris had some turnovers that were not great. But I think the issue here is and we'll get to the next guy as you had Aaronson also in this midfield kind of Amiba and outside of Musa, right, none of those three guys, Busio, Morris, Aronson have proven to be a real driver for the US men's national team. Right. There are a lot of guys who are really good passengers. Right. They might be your shotgun rider, great navigation, might be the backseat rider, great at distributing snacks, but they're not the guy driving you to the destination. And you know, I think you can trust Musa to get you there. But most of the other guys haven't proven that with the national team, and they didn't prove anything to that extent. But that's not a bad thing. They proved competent, and I think that's kind of the positive, is okay, Well, if you add them with A McKenzie, right, McKenny, excuse me, if you add them with Wes McKinney. If you add them maybe with Goo Rena who comes back Alphie. You know, if they're a piece of the midfield, great, But all three of those together, those guys just it didn't really work all that well.
Speaker 2: Forwards Josh Sergeant, Brendan Aaronson and Christian Polisic. Policit gets a seven. Brendan Aronson gets a five. Josh Sergeant was stripped of the ball when Busio found him at the top of the penalty area. Prime chance came in the forty second. Busio fed a eight yards out. Sergeant skied the ball over the crossbar. I think it landed at dk R and Sergeant did better with his.
Speaker 1: The racecourse there.
Speaker 2: John Yeah, out by the airport. It did better with his first shot of the second half, forcing a save with a seventeen yard shot. The our friends at Soccer America, and it was woy Tala who through the piece gave him a three.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, that's like that's like being in the That's like being in the backseat of the car and opening up the cooler and realizing that on the drive that you didn't hit the ziploc bag correctly and all the sandwiches because they were on top of ice, got all mushy.
Speaker 2: That would be a three for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think a three is worth is what he deserved. But I don't think he was close to average. Let's put it that way. I would have put him at a five or four maybe, But you know, I think this is the struggle with Josh Sergeant, is the dude hasn't scored in like ten years for the national team. It feels like, yeah, and despite everyone thinking he is the guy who should be starting. I mean even with Baligan, people are like, well, I don't know, Sergeant. He just continues to get chances and doesn't get anything from him. You know, And we've talked about this ad nauseum onto my podcast that you know, strikers need to be more involved with this national team. They don't score enough, they don't get involved enough. You know, he did have nineteen total touches, five in the penalty area. That's good, right, that's a decent number. But at the end of the day, what are we doing with those opportunities? And when you not only miss your one good chance, but never find yourself in other good chances. I think his next best chance was like a corner kick or across the goal that the goalkeeper punched away, right, He just happened to be close to it. And so yeah, look, strikers rely on service. Strikers rely on other players around them to get them the ball. But it's also your job as a striker to put yourself in better positions to receive the ball and then play the ball off of you. And I think Sergeant just continues to not be able to do that for one reason, earning the other. It doesn't help when the other guy scores.
Speaker 2: By the way, No, no, And I'd love to know who it was in the State of Texas Chamber of Commerce or the city of Austin didn't get together with the schedule makers and have folks understand that when you have a Formula one race the same weekend as Georgia, Texas, that might be great for the economy, but when you're trying to find places to stay and trying to actually function in that town, that ain't the best thing to do. No.
Speaker 1: By A family tried to go to Austin this year for the Torgia Texas game, and my parents are even going to RV it, so, you know, not looking at that, but even flights into an out of Austin or crazy Austin. By the way, I talk about a city that needs a revamp of their airport, airport itself is nice. Yeah, that needs to be about three times bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know they're building a new terminal, but holy crap. You know it's when Columbus, Ohio has a bigger airport than you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Columbus has a better soccer team in Major League Soccer, but that's another discussion entirely.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Subs Tanner, Tessaman and Christopher Lung got fives, Hodgie Wright and Malick Tilman got six's. Peppy as a sub got a seven. Alexandaehouse got our incomplete because of the lack of minutes victory into the four game winless streak, USA's longest since twenty two, and it went winless for five, one loss and four draws. USA had lost their two previous games to Panama two, won it last Summer's Copa and in a shootout after a one one draw the twenty three World Cup. That is where we are when it comes to your subs and everybody who played in the two nil win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first off, I forgot that the US played. Thank you for reminding me of that. Oh yeah he did. I guess he was secondly on the field and the golf scored. So good friend. Uh, you know, I think overall, like I said, this was a team that performed slightly better than average. The win itself is just the positive here because as you just ran through, not only did we have a long losing streak or winless streak, I should say, we've also only won like one match since last March, right or since this March? Right that the Bolivia match. Okay, great, you beat Bolivia.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They're not a good soccer team, John. So you know when you had lost to Colombia so badly, Yes, you tied Brazil, you still don't win. Sure you can beat Bolivia. And then you know you losed Panama away Canada, New Zealand, Like that was a skid you needed to break out of. Now. The problem is as we turned the page to Mexico. I mean, Mexico has their own issues right now. I mean they've lost to who they play, severe Valencia or one of those Lalliga teams I think was playing a first choice land up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they are. They are in fact bart Ish US, you are correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they They gave up a two goal lead and ended up tying to to not great from L three. But for the US, look, you get the gwin. That is, that is the positive because again you you do need the positive reinforcement of the work that Poch put in for this week that said, if you expected a lot of grand changes and immediate you know, flips of the switch, that wasn't gonna happen because Pochettino and Burhalter are not that far apart right. They're their coaching style there, uh or excuse me there, playing style. Their philosophy is about how the game is played. What we did see I think is multiple times throughout the match Patchettino urging the team to just play a little bit quicker and move the ball a little bit better. And that was something that you know, we had fallen into a lull under the Burholter tenure in the second you know, era two point zero Burholter is the horseshoe passed. I mean it looked very Pinita ballish right where there was a lot of passing with no actual intent to do anything with it. And in this match, you know, you could see Pochettino signaling to try to do something with the ball because you know that the goal. I don't know if you know this, John, the goal of soccer, the sport is to put the ball in the opponent's net. That's that's the whole point, right, do that more times than they do it to you, huh. And in order to do that, it does help to have the ball on their opponent's half and maybe close to their goal on occasion. So that is I think the one thing that I saw a difference of. There was also some more central combo play rather than just get it wide and cross it in, which is another problem with the Burholter strategy at the end. And so from those two things right there, it did look better. And again against the team in Panama that had been a problem for this program for a while now.
Speaker 2: All right, So Ropes was a question who had the best look Saturday. He liked that Bussia was playing.
Speaker 1: Who had the best look Peppy because he scored and Sergeant didn't.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And now Peppy is going home, which I'm a little upset about.
Speaker 2: And that's the that's the next thing I want to get into topic wise, but we keep going.
Speaker 1: No, I thought busy again. I thought, all those midfielders, to me, outside of Aaronson, proved that they are able to play in the midfield with other players who are better than them. But as a combo, that midfield was not superb and it's not going to get better on it's Tuesday, So that's concerning.
Speaker 2: Abby was surprised to hear about the player said it was the first time that they'd had a US M and T practice. It was two hours in the time that they had been on the national team. And Abby's like, really, they never had a practice it was two hours long.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I mean, I think that's kind of a I don't maybe two hours is probably the most you'll get in a club training session. But like when you get to these national teams, you have to remember you get in on a Monday, and you play that Friday or Saturday, right sometimes Thursday. Yeah, so you don't have a whole lot of actual training time, and you certainly then don't have a whole lot of recovery time. And that's the thing that I think, you know, people don't want to factor in a look if you think all they're doing is going out there and kicking a ball for two hours, which one is not what happens. You're not kicking a ball and doing soccer for two hours. You're doing a whole lot of things within the two hours on the field.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: From what I also could infer from a lot of these is, yes, it was intense, and yes there was a lot of training going on during the two hour training time. It seemed like Pocheccino was also stopping and explaining, maybe not fully, but like pulling players aside and having conversations. So I think it was more of a two hour installation session and two hour How do I also say this because all these coaches have their own types of training exercises too, right, And so I mean that quote came out what on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I think maybe we're not running you're not running around for a full two hours, but it is.
Speaker 1: Right, and you're probably going through the motions and understanding, Okay, this is this training exercise, this is what we want to do, this is what the mechanics of it, this is why we're doing it, this is how it applies in game so I understand why that quote got a lot of Look, two hours is a very long time for a training session, especially at the national team level, where your recovery windows are shortened and your actual training availability short and you just don't want to run guys ragged. I don't think we saw that on Saturday. But you know, I'm just saying that the two hour thing is a little overblown. I promise you most guys aren't. Most teams aren't out there actually training for two hours. You can ask. I'm sure you can ask Jason when you guys have watches at Lanta United. You know, yes, it may be two hours, but it's not. You're not playing a full.
Speaker 2: Game, yank, running around for a full two You're you're you're doing a lot of fun Yeah, you're like you're you're doing a lot of walking.
Speaker 1: With like funny movements in it.
Speaker 2: You're getting you're getting instruction. Yeah, you're being told, okay, you need to move over. Then you walk over to that spot. It's there's there's first.
Speaker 1: Ten to twenty minutes are like me high knees. Like you know, I'm saying, likes that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: When I mentioned Jason hates so when I mentioned to touchies and things like that.
Speaker 1: But I mean, listen, dynamic stretching and activations and all these things they happen on the field. They don't. You don't just come show up and be like all right, I'm ready. I mean, like I said, we used to play handball in college half the time as a warm up because it was just like a fun way to like get your body moving, right, And yeah, we'd played that for ten minutes and then start kicking the ball around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that reminds me. Separate sidebar, how is how has Leonora Ryan navigated Helene? How are things from what you know up campus? So?
Speaker 1: I know campus and Hickory is was mostly fine. They lost power for obvious reasons, but Hickory itself was pretty good. Now, like every county that touches Kataba to the north and west were not good. I think maybe Alexander County was okay but probably should have been washed away. But like you had Wataga and Leonore that I look, Watagan called well, that got a little bad obviously. Watagan's where Boone is an app state? You talked to Liz McRae up in Avery County. Beautiful campus shout out to Kelly, who's the women's team coach there. She was the assistant coach at l R and I saw her over the summer for an ODP event.
Speaker 2: We are, by the way, catching up with Taylor Morton at some point early here in the week to get alis McCrae update.
Speaker 1: Good because they were much more effective than Hickory. The Ashville campus that open, I think last week. We have a Ashville campus. Well, we have a office building in Asheville. I think it's probably the campus, but that has been reopened, but I don't know what class looks like right now. But Hickory itself has been pretty pretty good.
Speaker 2: Heleen issues okay, because our friends at Hickory FC, if you are so inclined, they do have a fundraiser going for the eight to eight.
Speaker 1: And Hickory has kind of turned into, to be quite honest, a good dumping point, loading point maybe if you will, for a lot of the relief efforts, because it's one if you don't know, there's an airport in Hickory. And Hickory itself is again pretty pretty okay. Again, they lost power, there were trees down, but nothing major for the flooding. The major river that Hickory is on the is the Cataba, and it's one damned a lake Hickory. And two it's a big river, so you know, it's not overflowing like a lot of the small streams and creeks and in the Highland high country, so Hickory mostly.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, let's see. So I caught up with mc giordano. They have relocated to Charlotte, I believe, and so that's where that's where soccer is. The other school, the other programs on campus or at various other locations, but they have relocated. Others have relocated north to Fareham and Virginia. So yeah, we're going to catch up with We're gonna catch up with Taylor at Lee's McCrae hopefully early part of the week, and we'll get an update with what's going on up there. Okay, So back from the sidebar, we have players who were rostered that are not going to be a part of your Double Jeopardy game in Mexico coming up this week. Christian Polisic, who got the assist, returned to AC Milan for what was termed load management. I feel like I need some kind of ominous background reverb there Fosse FOSSi, Fosse foss McKinney, Peppi, and Stefan returned to their teams with minor injuries. Peppi was the only player who played against Panama s that ten times fast. No players have been added to the squad. The twenty available for Tuesday's match Horrorvath, Shelty, Turner, Lund, Mackenzie, Reem Jedi, Miles, Scally and trust Defense Aaronson, Busio, Morris Musa, Tessaman Tillman in the midfield, and only four forwards Sarge Vasquez, Hodgie Wright and alex En Dejas.
Speaker 1: Which is concerning because, uh where are wingers? You know, as that means that Telman and Aaron center out for the winger position. Especially. I don't know if I trust alex and Dejas to start for a national team, let alone start in Mexico. But I do like the idea of Brandon Vasquez starting in Mexico and scoring against Mexico.
Speaker 2: You just like you, just like Irony, that's all.
Speaker 1: I like justice.
Speaker 2: Okay. Oh, so you have the former Major League Soccer player now playing in Lega MX who could have played for one national team and is playing for the national team that's going to be visiting on tomorrow. So so the the circular logic that seems to be attached here is the intriguing part of all of this. But you you like justice, sir? Okay?
Speaker 1: I do you know? And I think again, a chance here for some of these guys. I mean, Zindejas has vast guys, has at least done enough to convince me that he belongs in the discussion for the national team. Zendejas has been he needs to start proving himself. You know, it's not enough to just be friends with Christian Poliitic. You do need to start actually performing on the field in order for us to uh trust you.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is your what? What is your vibe? Since this is a ViBe's based economy, with your double with your double Jeopardy game, your double points match as you as you have it registered here in trying to move up the standings in conky CAF, what is your vibe heading into this match with Mexico.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I think the unfortunate reality is h US is at a great disadvantage and facing the possibility of losing to Mexico for the first time and oh a long time since twenty nineteen. I think. So you don't love that, right, but you also understand all the circumstances around it. So if you lose, if you go down to Mexico and you lose, it's not great, right, but you also have a chance to at least get a draw. Mexico is not a very good team. They're you know, they had a very bad last match against a club team that again you know was not roy And you know now is the time where again you have a new head coach, so you already have the pressure of making yourself known to this new coach, earning that trust of the new coach, and showing that you belong here. On top of that, you have a lot of guys who wouldn't normally be getting off opportunities to start, right. I mean, look, Tanner Testament, John Lucapusio are not close to starting pecking order in this national team. But with all the injuries and players who had to go home, now they're looking at being starters and how do they show up in a game that means a whole lot. I mean, it's the number one rivalry in North America for a number of reasons, and you know we have not played. We don't play on the road often in friendlies. We know this. And now you get a chance to play in Mexico in a friendly for the first time in twelve years.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Last time you did it, you won, So if you want to continue to be part of history. And by the way, that that time that we went down there and won was not with a strong eleven I are a strong squad either. I mean brecksha was probably the best player on the team that that that squad, which you know, Breckshay greatest player of all time I think in USA are But you know, it's it definitely is. It's a good chance to prove that you belong, that you have what it takes to be part of the men's national team because part of being the men a part of being a part of the men's national team at this point in time is beating Mexico.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, no, that is that is not open for a debate. No, I'm right there with beat Mexico. You know, yeah, you got you gotta beat Mexico, all right, So, uh, thoughts plans all that kind of stuff, obviously with the match on Tuesday, sir, uh, let's see. So what are you up to Thursday morning?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll be in the office working, that's I know. But Friday am at home.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then do you want to you want to come back on, you want to bet lead off on Friday ago, so we can put a bow on everything, all right, So this is what we call live scheduling. So Bart is going to look at Mexico, and so Bart's gonna come on and bet lead off on Friday morning, leading into Beyond Goals at nine thirty, and we'll discuss the vibes based economy that is attached to the US men's national team. Where you have drawn very well drawn photos pictures of Marcia Pochatina with the word believe underneath it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well look that's that's that's cool, right, Like I mean that I think that speaks to the vibes around the team too. Is there's just a lot of belief now that we have a coach that we believe.
Speaker 2: In vibes based economy.
Speaker 1: That's what is a vibe based economy. And that's the thing, right, the vibes are high in the US, they're not high for Mexico. Right, those vibes go get a win down in Mexico. And if you do that, John, you're looking at leaping Canada in the CONCACAPS. I know we talked about this last week. If you get two wins this friendly window, you're for leaping Canada like got to especially if you went in Mexico for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other thing is John, I mean, I don't know if you have talked about it, but real Quick Nations League ground up if you will let me. I don't know if you talked about CONCA Caffeations League. Uh, interesting matchups coming up on Tuesday. Right, League A, you have the two teams that matter because top two teams qualify for the the quarterfinals. Yes, League A, Group A Guatemala on seven points, Costa Rica after a draw, serenaon on five points. You know who play. Those two teams play each other on Tuesday. Then in Group B Jamake on seven points, Honduras on six points. Those two teams play each other on the final match day. So that is some exciting stuff in the CONCA Caffeinations League. And those teams that finish top top two in the groups make the quarterfinals, and we'll be one of the four opponents that the US could possibly be paired with whether we're ranked two or three who knows.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so that for those of you that are the true sickos, you could probably catch all of this stuff on paramount plus. We'll get into that you can. Yes see, there you go U.
Speaker 1: Costa Rica host Guatemala and Jamaica host Honduras. So the favorites do get the host in the final match day. Costa Rica obviously with the draw and surn on probably not a deal. They do have to beat, you know, they do have to win at home against Guatemala to win the group, but I think any result pretty much guarantees them as a path forward if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, surn I with four points, they would have to I guess, so Costa Rica, Yeah, you're in a little trouble there. You do have to win at home on the final match day to guarantee yourself a spot in the Nations and corner finals. Because Surna I'm host Guyana.
Speaker 2: Mm hm Guyanazer one and two. They've given rules and three matches.
Speaker 1: So careful there, Costa Rica. Careful there. Talk about his program that's kind of spiraled recently.
Speaker 2: Well, But I also think that when Kayler Novice is no longer in his mid to late thirties, and he is still he still a tremendous keeper. But obviously you want to look in other directions when it comes to Costa Rica and how you want to stack things as you age out in your in your mind. So I think that that would be intriguing. Yes, absolutely, Group B by the way, Jamaica Honduras and you end up with Nicaragua playing French Guyana. So Nicaragua by the way at four points. If they win, then they go to seven. Jamaica Honduras, Jamaica Honduras.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nikinnawa not out of the not out of it, but they do have to.
Speaker 2: Win gets yeah, gots, I got some I got some work to do.
Speaker 1: So and then they have to not just win, but also hope that like you know, yeah, Jamaica Honduras TI there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then but yeah, Jamaica Honduras tie. Then Nick Nicaragua was out on goal difference because right now Honduras is at plus four and Nicaragua is at minus one. So for the true Sikos, uh, since you mentioned it, I'm going to League CE.
Speaker 1: Well where do we go?
Speaker 2: Barbados, Bahamas Us Virgin Islands, believee Anguila Turks and Caicos st Kits Andivas Cayman's British Virgin Islands. That's the fun part for me.
Speaker 1: Yea Barbados run, but Barbados running it up also Saint Kitts and believes running it up good for them. Those teams that does matter they get automatic Oh crap, I did uh promoted placements to the which notepad is a sign uh play in and around, I want to say for gold Cup, because we have a playing around, a preliminary around, and a group stage for Gold Cup next summer, and we still don't even know if it's all sixteen CONCACAFF teams. John, that's true.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that there will probably be some guests, you know, you know probably actually you know what they'll probably do is they'll probably have Messi and friends be a guest team in concor Caf. Lord, all right, so we will uh, we will uh watch your social medias at the soccer at soccer for USPO D and at Bartamus Prime nineteen, especially on Tuesday with the US playing Mexico.
Speaker 1: Late night, that is.
Speaker 2: At the Estadio a Crone exactly. Uh. And then you'll be back to bet lead off on Friday morning to talk about all of it in the vibes based economy that is concor caff Be well, my friend, and we're gonna do refing down here once you clear the decks, because we've got yeah, we've got some college stuff to talk about.
Speaker 1: And I saw Jason bemoaning college refereeing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's what it is. It is stuff to do with that, and we have a couple of incidents to back up the thought, and so we want to advance the game forward, and so we're sending up this flare and proposing an alternative or at least a suggestion to help things out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we always like to provide solutions, not just.
Speaker 2: Yes yes, So we're gonna we're gonna do some solutions solving here with reffing down here for this week. Be good, my friend, and I know that you'll be listening, so feel free to have your comments in the twitch pitch with everybody else as we go through reffing down here for the remainder The.
Speaker 1: Only one Snight Atlanta United comment today, So I think I did all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't think I didn't hear it either, brother. Don't don't think I didn't know where it was. I heard it. I heard it kind of buzz past it. I saw what was going on. But yeah, so if you if you wish to multitask and actually try and work and at the same time listen to what we're going to talk about.
Speaker 1: In refroment, my work started blocking Twitch on my on our network, so I can watch you on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Yeah well you can, yeah, harder.
Speaker 1: For the They don't like all the comments that I leave.
Speaker 2: Well, but well, then you can also watch on Twitter and leave comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I'm not logged into Twitter on my work computer either, so.
Speaker 2: That's on YouTube. So that's how I all right, So then watch on YouTube and comment there on YouTube. All right, We'll see you on Friday.
Speaker 1: Bye, y'all.
Speaker 2: All right, that's Bart