Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on w BZY Boston's news video.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Kyle. I will tell you off the top, things are gonna be a little bit different over the next couple of days. I am really burnt when it comes to politics. I'm gonna we're gonna kick off the show talking about politics. We are gonna do that, but for the next couple of nights, I have to tell you we're getting away from it. Okay, I'm spent, I'm burnt. I gotta be honest with you. After the election, I have shut off media. I really have, which for as a talk show host is probably not the right thing to say. So if I if I'm misinformed on something, I'm gonna tell you right now. Don't be surprised.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: Just before the election. I was just swamped with it. And it's not because Trump won, That's not it at all. I was just burned out on all of it, just all of it. And then of course the post doom and gloom from the Democrats and from people who voted for Kamala Harris is just nauseating to me. Drives me crazy. The end of the world is coming. It's the end of the world is not coming. It's not coming, all right, It's we're going to be fine. Things didn't go the way you wanted them to, and in hindsight, you shouldn't be surprised. And I'll get to that in a minute. But coming up on the show tonight, why women voted for Trump? Now? Six seven thirty. If you are a woman and you voted for Trump, just give me a call right now and tell me why. I'm not going to challenge you. I mean, you have every right, but forty six percent of women voted for Trump, according to Exopoles. We reached out to three women to try to get them on the show, and I could not get them on the show. So then I went to my buddy, John Keller from WBZTV CBS News Boston, political analyst John Keller CBOUS News Boston to me, it's still Channel four, it's WBZ. I'm sorry, And then political analyst Anthony Russo will be joining us to talk about what happened with the election and why women voted for Trump as opposed to Kamma, especially women in their thirties. We thought this brat coalition was going to be the difference women sixty five plus sixty plus because they were concerned about social security. The vice president received their votes, and also when it came to minorities too, African Americans Latinos didn't go the way the Dems thought. Now you know how I felt, because I told you, and I have voted on both sides of the isle. I have voted for Republicans, I have voted for Democrats. And when Trump ran in twenty sixteen, I called it. You can I'll have to get my cousin Rob on the phone because he was there when I said it. I said, this guy is going to win. This guy's got momentum. And he had it again this time around, and he won fair and square. He won fair and square, there's no need for a recount, and so forth and so on. But I didn't vote for him because of what happened on January sixth. That really bothered me. That really got to me. That was that happens in other countries, not here. Then you can make the argument, if he wasn't elected, it may have happened again. The fact that he's in office means it might not happen. That we might be more secure with these public outre who knows it come from. It could come from the other side of the isle. It could be an angry mob of liberals attacking Congress. You don't know. I mean, who knows. But the bottom line is it was the lesser of two evils, even when you know, and now, and I'm gonna ask John about this, we shouldn't be surprised. But there's all kinds of rhetoric from the Republican side about how it was a landslide victory, and you know, it was on all the political Sunday morning shows. Other Republicans came on, you know, Stephanopolis, John Carr was on you know this week where they meet the press. Now, the Republicans are saying a landslide victory, and it really wasn't It was like one percent. I mean when it comes to the popular vote, it was much closer than that. But a win is a win is a win. So but should we be surprised? I mean, this is what the Republicans do. Trump has been lying ever since he ran in twenty sixteen. And it doesn't matter because people voted with their pocketbooks. That's what happened. But I was shocked at the number of women that voted for him. I mean, this is a guy that is on tape. He is on tape when he was talking. I can't remember who's the guy. Uh oh, Bob Billy Bush, right, Billy Bush, the nephew of George w or grand nephew of George Herbert Walker whatever, who was on that Access Hollywood thing. And he's talking to Trump and the Winnebago and the tape is rolling and Trump is talking about grabbing a woman's vagina. Of course I'm being kind. He used the other term. And the charges that have been you know, for paying prostitutes to shut up, sexual abuse, sexually attacking women men, those charges have been dropped, by the way, because they're not going to prosecute a president. Blah blah blah. Women don't care, No one cares, No one cares, did not matter, did not incurate the equation. Now, to be fair, Monica Lewinsky smoking the cigar in the oval office, Bill Clinton, what's the diff Well, the diff is that it seems like miss Lewinsky, there was a it wasn't sexual assault. We had willing participants, as they say, and the Trump charges that wasn't. That wasn't necessarily the case. But we can't sit there and say on the Democrat side of things that past presidents have had a high moral ground. I've always said, let's face it, when it comes to power, there is something about men in power and the attraction to multiple women. I mean, it's it's been written about, it talked about allegedly obviously with John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Donald Trump, Clinton, the big womanizer. Now, I can't imagine Ronald Reagan would have dared to treat a Nancy because she would have put his scrutaman of vice. You know it, and I know it. If I'm Ronald Reagan, there's no way I am not cheating on Nancy, No way in hell. I mean, but the fact that politicians cheat on their significant others, we've just accepted it. No one cares. They vote, They vote with their pocketbook. Minorities, African Americans, Latinos, some people just can't vote for a woman. There are women that just can't vote for a woman. I mean, Hillary Clinton should have won. She is so who she's She was as qualified as her husband. She's a brilliant woman, certainly more qualified than Trump. People didn't like her, and you know what they looked at Kamala Harris as a lightweight, and I get it. The only thing she came out with was mid level tax breaks, middle of coup tax breaks. Right, that was pretty much it. But people want jobs, jobs, you know. But here's another thing with jobs that I don't get. I mean, and this is I'm gonna sound like a stupid suburban sob. I went to a restaurant the other night and four or five tables were open, and they said, we can't seat you. I said, what we could because we only have one waiter. We can't find anybody else to work. So it seems there are service jobs people don't want them. I mean, I had a lot of friends when I was young. I was always working in radio. And believe me, my friends who were waiters and bartenders when I was working in radio when I was in my twenties or making more money than me because they could make a lot more on tips than I ever could make a minimum wage spinning the disks and the platters of matter. But people brought it with their pocketbook. They think, Okay, the economy was good when Trump was anough it. You know, it's interesting, there's some parallelism here, folks. When Clinton was in office, the budget was balanced, the economy was great, and he was messing around allegedly with a cigar and Monica Lewinsky in the Oval office. Trump, the economy's great. He's talking gibberish about COVID. He never made sense. Once the guy gets up on stage and dances for three minutes and doesn't say anything, and he talks about grabbing a woman's genitals and says that she loves it. It's on tape. So this guy's a disgusting pig, just like Clinton. But you know what it's, I mean, stupid. If we think we can make a butt buck, we'll put Satan in office. Absolutely. Okay. John Keller, who's much smarter than I'm on this, is going to join me. Next we're going to talk about Trump, the woman, the female vote, that all that stuff. Anthony Russo too joined us later in the hour. Then we're going to get into some Patriots talk and also NFL talking general with Paul Perrilla. Andy Gresh on frying a turkey at ten o'clock, The Gresh Monster on deep frying a turkey, which scares the hell out of me. I've heard too many stories. There are too many stories on YouTube that you could see or frying a turkey or burn a house down. And my man, the freak from the Left Coast, Sam Mettler joins us, and he said Trump's gonna win. He knew it, he predicted it. We are technically directed by Rob Brooks tonight and Lightning LaRosa, Marita LaRosa doing a great job putting the show together. Tonight, John Keller joins, it's next on WBC's Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Danner's the week off Gary Tank. We filling it for Dan right tonight and tomorrow night Aaron WBC's night Side, and we're doing our homework, folks. Yes, we are doing a little bit of politics and then we're going to get into the fun stuff. No heavy lifting this week, That's what I say. John Keller is the man. I've known him for a long time since we worked at the TV station with a frog on the logo and now political analyst John Keller joins us from CBS. John, thanks are coming on. I just want to and I want to say this. We tried to get women on. I tried to get three political analysts. Who are women to talk about this? And I couldn't do it. They weren't available, they didn't want to talk to me. Whatever. But the fact John, that women turned out for Trump? How surprised are you?
Speaker 3: So I'm the closest thing a woman you could get. Yes, that's kind of grim, Gary. Yeah, you know women turned out for Trump. Why wouldn't they because all women care about his abortion rights?
Speaker 2: No, we know.
Speaker 3: That's not true, and and you know historically that that hasn't necessarily been true. Yes, it's an important issue for many women, But women in Massachusetts and elsewhere are driven by James Carville's old maxim. Gary. You know, the economy is number one, particularly when the economy is tough, And I would argue, at the risk of you know, sounding politically incorrect, that women, as the more common caretakers of the family budget, are even more sensitive than men are too economic pressures, inflation, housing costs, transportation costs, you name it. So it doesn't surprise me one bit that even here in Massachusetts you saw a drift of women. I would argue more away from Bikeen than toward Trump.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean, yes, yes, yes, yeah, the lesser of two evils in their mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know it. That's the way it works. The incumbent gets the blame for the way things are. Trump was blamed for how terrible things were in the fall of twenty twenty by many voters enough to elect Joe Biden from his basement. And now it was Biden's turn in the torture shaper. And so, you know, I don't think it should come as a surprise, and I think it's it's in here in Massachusetts with what I have called in writing, I've done about this sort of the purpling of the Massachusetts electorate. You know, every once in a while we're supposedly the bluest state, right, but every once in a while we like a Republican in there. We have the string of Republican governors that was the Scott Brown uprising of twenty ten. And look, people, voters are willing to overlook a lot in times of stress, economic stress, a bizarre and unhappy situation like the period after nine to eleven when Bush was re elected, and a lot of voters will overlook disagreements they might have, women might have with a candidate on a or they might overlook a low view of the candidate's character in order to vote for them. They did it for Bill Clinton in nineteen ninety six, and a lot of them did it for Donald Trump this year.
Speaker 2: Gary Well, I just mentioned Clinton off the top of the show because the hole Monica Lewinsky thing and the cigar in the office, and Trump is recorded with Billy Bush, you know, talking about women's body parts and grabbing them, And I go, you can make the say on's a Democrat, whence a Republican. Nobody cares, you know, like nobody cares women. They know, Okay, that's fine, they're both pigs. What are they going to do for my pocketbook? I mean, that's that's where That's kind of where we're at, where we're at with this, I think. But I want to get I have talked to a lot of women who are very smart, educated, and going back to Hillary, they did not like her. They just didn't like her, but they knew she was smart. I mean, she's obviously a rugged woman. She's not exactly the most friendly woman in the world. Now here we go, Kamala. Now, she's not look to be an attorney, to be a to accomplish what she has accomplished. She's obviously not stupid, but I think some women viewed her as a lightweight. What did she stand for? Is she just all about the laugh? What's going on here? Is she just hanging out with Oprah?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: I mean that's what I kind of felt people thought about Harris. She was a lightweight.
Speaker 3: She came across I'll shy away from the lightweight term, but she certainly did come across as a typical Paul you know, the non answer, right right, right right? The ducking the press for a while. Interesting how everybody hates the press until a candidate starts ducking them, and then everybody wants that candidate to sit down and talk to the press. But that's a whole other issue. Look, the premise that women are going to vote for a woman because she's a woman is definitely not true. Some will, some will, of course, but some won't. And some women aggressively won't vote for a woman. And you can say that about any other ethnic group. This is why identity politics has turned out to be such a bust for the Democrats, right, because it's just not as potent has perhaps it once was.
Speaker 2: Well, I could tell you I've talked to some you know, I have. My son is, you know, nineteen, and you know, I talk to a lot of his friends and some and just because you're nineteen twenty twenty, that doesn't mean you're a demic anymore. It doesn't. It does not. Some I've talked to some of these kids in college and stuff. They're thinking with their pocketbook. They all have their own stock market accounts, they're all thinking about being self employed. They don't they realize that you're not going to have a thirty five year gold watch. So I think the idea that the Brat generation for men and women is liberal is a mistake.
Speaker 3: Certainly not automatically liberal, right, you know, even in a place like Massachusetts. You know, I've as I've been talking to groups and such since the election. My snappy little over generalization that I've been giving them is that this was to some extent a barstool election. And to those that don't know, Barstool Sports is a very popular website that caters to young men and some young women, but mainly young men, you know, the mid teens up into the late twenties and maybe a little bit beyond. Sixty six million regular viewers of that website, and the attitude toward politics that prevails on barstool is there are all a bunch of bombs. Who's going to help me make money? And you know you gave the litany pretty well, who's tough, who's tough on crime? Right? Tougher? So this is kind of a red meat eating political demographic and it's very potent, and that they were Trump all the way.
Speaker 2: I just remember when Barstool was a newspaper and when Portnoy, I won't call him Priz, I call him Portnoy' I refused to call him and he used to just rip me and it would be on a bar, it would be on a literally in a barstool, and it was a newspaper. Was tangwe is a blank hole because I said something about the Celtics of the Patriots. Who knows, right, But I was on the headline of Barstool. It's like I tell my son that, Like, you know, I was on the headline of Barstool before it was a website. And boy, I mean Dave Portnoy and you can say there's a lot of there's there's a lot going on there, but man, that thing took off just like Rogan. Look at Rogan, right, I mean people say Trump, maybe Rogan won the election for Trump. Three hundred and thirty million people watched it.
Speaker 3: And you know this doesn't lend itself to traditional definitions political distinctions like conservative or or reactionary. I mean mean this is more neolistic.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And and you know, listen, how how irredeemable is anyone who would criticize Gary Tangling that way? I mean it's a disgrace.
Speaker 2: I got street credit with my kid when I told him that. Still, if I see I go Portne, I can't believe you pull this off. I remember when the guy was like he had nothing, and look what happened. I mean, same thing with Rogan. I mean Rogan, he's a Boston guy too. Rogan was a comedian just and he stumbled onto this and look, boom crazy.
Speaker 3: He still is a comedian.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean it's all entertainment. That's the thing. You know something that's it's all entertainment, all of.
Speaker 3: It, right, Well, you know that that's what sells. And listen. Uh. Whatever your opinion of Donald Trump, of his character, of anything having to do with him, his confidence, et cetera, there is no denying that he is the most brilliant self marketer of our of modern times, no question. I mean he has made more out of less than any living American. And to the extent that politics has just become enfotainment and is all about the marketing, then no wonder he's achieved such remarkable success. And you know, that's that's the way. If that's the way the game is played. You know, in the NBA, to use the sports analogy here, if three punt shooting is the way you win the title and that's what the Celtics do better than anybody else, well, you know what, that's the way it goes.
Speaker 2: That's the way it goes.
Speaker 3: If it offends some basketball s feats because they don't like the three pointer, too bad.
Speaker 2: My hero John Havlichek is looking down and shaking his head. Always hated the three. Hondo hated the three, just like I did a podcast with Bob Ryan today. Still hates the three, but it's here to stay. John, have a good Thanksgiving. Thank you for coming on. Good to talk to you again.
Speaker 3: Gary. It's great to hear your voice anytime, especially great to hear you on night side. You do a great job selling in for Dad.
Speaker 2: Have it fun. Thanks John, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Take care sure things by bye.
Speaker 2: Okay, He's the best. John Keller, I worked with him a Channel fifty six. Smart guy, bright guy, nails it every time. You can catch him on WBZ TV CBS News Boston. Anthony Russo is going to join us next. Then we're gonna get into some NFL talk and just do people even care about the patriots? That's coming up at nine o'clock right here with Paul Perila and WBZ.
Speaker 1: Night Side Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Rightyle, thanks a lot. I appreciated Gary Tangway for Dan Ray tonight. We're doing the homework till nine o'clock. Forty six percent of women voting for Trump according to exit polls. Just talk to my buddy, John Keller. We are going to talk about the dismal New England patriots, but I also want to talk about the rest of the NFL as well. With Paul Perilla. Coming up at nine, Andy Gresh joins us, talking about frying turkey and the craziest things you've ever had for Thanksgiving. Plus our moderate from California, which makes him a Republican out there, is going to join us. Sam Bettler at eleven o'clock. All right, Anthony Russer was there, Anthony, how are you? Thanks for joining us here on night side.
Speaker 4: Pretty good? How you doing well?
Speaker 2: We're doing fine. Thanks. So I'm gonna ask you. Like I said, I try to get women on political nis. I put calls out to three different people and I couldn't, so I rather than wing it, I wanted to talk to somebody that knows what they're talking about. I was not surprised that forty six percent of women voted for Donald Trump. Were you.
Speaker 4: Not at all? And I think that again, it's a ques effect. Why it's that made the swing because I think the Democrats are expecting a sixty forty split on women, which would have taken the election, especially considering white suburban women, and they just did not get those numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the Democrats are tone deaf. Now, in full disclosure, I voted for Harris. I voted Democrats. The whole January sixth thing bothered me. Yeah, it really bothered me. Like I if that didn't happen, I could have seen myself voting for Trump. I really could have because I was looking at Kamala Harris going I don't know if I don't, but Joe Biden could not run again, could not do it. And I was looking at you know, Harris, I go, I don't know what's going on here, but the January sixth thing threw me the other way.
Speaker 4: But there's I think the reporting on the January sixth thing is actually what was one of the the detractors from women, especially the white woman vote to going wait a second, I know some people that might have been there. I was one of them. There's people that had a little bit more knowledge. I think the way that they represented it the January sixth committee, I think a lot of the if people started to pay attention closer to the election, when some of the information got released, that a lot of that was trumped up. The fact that Pelosi really kind of knew that there was partially her fault with the video with her and her daughter in the car. I think that that's way not a huge amount, but one or two percent of people started to shift. There's a lot of reasons, like Kamala Harris being this selection that did people instead of instead of obviously doing a democratic process. But I think women started to see through that.
Speaker 2: Can you explain to detail. What do you say in specifically about January sixth, What are you speaking of that it wasn't as worse as as worse as betrayed.
Speaker 4: Well, right, if it's a if it's an armed insurrection, then then they didn't arrest anybody that had actual fire arms on them.
Speaker 2: There was Well yeah, but I mean look, Anthony, I mean, come on, man, I mean a guard died. I know, I mean they went they went over barricade.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wait wait, wait when did a guard die?
Speaker 2: Wait one of the one of the one of the the security people from in the capitol had a heart attack.
Speaker 4: No, no, that's actually completely not true. Not a single police officer our guard died that day. Three days later, there was somebody that died.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: That was that they had claimed it been hit by a fire hydrant. He died of a stroke, which was twelfth page in the newspaper a few days later, saying that it actually was completely unrelated to.
Speaker 2: Anything January sixth.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't think it was a good day in our in our history at all. Like, I think it looked very bad. I think all all the different metrics were were not good. I don't think Trump handled it incorrectly. He never told people to riot or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Anthony, he certainly didn't tell him to stand down.
Speaker 4: Well he did it afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was a little late. I mean, come on, come on, Trump, what happened?
Speaker 4: Well we got in fact, I don't I don't think he wanted that to happen. I think it was actually a pretty big trap that worked really well for the Democrats for several years. But I got to ask a question again. I like to be middle ground. I know I was at January sixth. I was there because I thought it was a good event to be at, to see it firsthand. I think it was important. But as somebody that is a newsman or somebody on the radio, the fact that even you are still representing a fact that didn't happen. There was no guard that died of a heart attack that day, the fact he died three.
Speaker 2: He died three days later. So what's the difference A guy still died. Come on, people, Anthony, and I'm not gonna I don't want to We're going to disagree on this. I don't care what.
Speaker 4: I don't care what you're misrepresenting. Fact.
Speaker 2: I am Oh, come on with Anthony, please, are you are you serious? People went over barricades, they went tramping through the halls. You had the vice president that was escorted out because you was concerned for his safety. You can't justify that. You can't justify that it.
Speaker 4: Was a bad day. I just said it was a bad day day and it.
Speaker 2: Worked, and keep Trump did another come on, it was an awful day. Yeah, it happens in other countries. That doesn't happen here.
Speaker 4: So so again, I know we're supposed to be talking about the female vote, but when we're talking about details of a day, you're talking about people, you know, destroying the capital. And there was there was. Out of the half a million people that were that were in part of January sixth, there was one hundred to one hundred and fifty very bad people. And I will one hundred percent agree with you. It was a blemish. It was a dark spot on our country, especially the way that it looked, the optics, et cetera. So do you realize, though, that out of the eight or eight hundred or so people that went through the halls, most of them were literally just walking around taking pictures, including somebody that I knew that was arrested and ended up spending two years in a jail for what ended up being a one month sentence because he didn't get his due process. But again, I do think the details are important when people believe that somebody like a guard or a police officer died that day. And out of the one hundred and fifty reports of injuries of police officers, it turns out the bulk of them, almost ninety five percent of them were part of a smoke inhlation. Based on the fact that there was the smoke bombs that went off in the police area. These are some of the facts that people don't represent correctly. Again, I will agree with you, it was a very bad day for the history of this country, but it's important to make sure the correct details, not the January sixth committee details that were very one sided, didn't present the whole pitch for show all the discovery that people have seen in the actual court case.
Speaker 2: Let me put it this way, if Trump handled it differently, and if January sixth doesn't happen, I might have voted for the guy. But it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter because I mean, you know he won't always. Let'sten, all right, let's get off that. Let's just get off that. Here's the thing, there are just women. There are just some women who will not vote for women.
Speaker 4: That's I'll agree with that, definitely. There's a there is a group there. I think my mom would almost fall into one of them. And I was raised a Democrat, lifelong Democrats. She was a Democrat. She's still very pro choice, and I think that she speaks for a lot of women in that fifty five to seventy five age category that still don't believe a woman could probably lead the country. I'm not as a forty two year old male, I don't believe that. I think Tulca Gabbard would be an incredibly strong president. I think Kamala Harris was the wrong one to break the ceiling. Hillary Clinton wrong one to break the ceiling. I think the Democrats are out of touch with what kind of woman America would be okay with leading the country. And I think that was one of the big problems. And you're right women women are very critical of other women, and I think that Kamala Harris was a perfect example of a candidate that did not that did not show faith in the female vote.
Speaker 2: Agree we agree on that and want to I want to think further on the Democrats. I think the Democrats and I voted both ways. I mean, if you I'm registered as a Democrat, but I voted Republican and I could have definitely gone for Trump. If this genuaryis GENUISTIX hadn't happened, we won't go down the road again. I want to. I want to talk about the Democrats because I think they're really in trouble. That's coming up next. Anthony Russo joins us here on w bz's Night Side.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Garry tang Way for day tonight. Anthony russ is joining us here on WBZ Political Analysts. Okay, oh, before before I continue, I just saw this today, Donald Trump Junior bought thirty nine hundred acres in Maine. Do you see that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be surprised. He loves the he loves the outdoors. Maine's probably one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in the country.
Speaker 2: Well, I grew up there. It depends. It's it's you know, I grew up in a small town, five thousand people in a milltown. But I was shocked thirty nine, what the hell are you going to do? Well, actual, they're gonna it must be inland because they're still going to use it for timber. But I just found that very interesting that he thirty nine.
Speaker 4: It could be a hunting a big hunting property. I would bet man.
Speaker 2: Well, I think there were also it's definitely not on the coast, but it could be a hunting property, and they're going to continue to lease it and use it for forestry, yeah, for street situation. Okay, So one of the things that happened here, you know, you talk about Hillary Clinton. You know I knew a lot of women that just didn't like her. Kamala Harris, do you think the Democrats would have had a better chance if Biden had stepped aside, not run for a second turn like he said, and they would have gone with some of the other candidates, for example, like the governor of Pennsylvania or the governor of Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Well, I definitely would have been a better chance. And honestly, just real quick on the female thing, I think and even though I said Telsey Gabbert, I think the concern female is going to have a better shot because it's going to be harder to turn conservative voters to a female. So if you have a female conservative, I think that that will start to the Democrats will possibly lean in a little bit to that. But to your point in terms of if they should have done it earlier, absolutely then we would have had a fair race. Then the republic they could have continued the speaking points against Donald Trump that were very effective to make the race as close as it was. But I think that they they they could have chose somebody that actually was popular. They could not have quote unquote circumvented democracy by essentially just making her their candidate, and that would that's one of the big points that I think the Republicans were playing on. They were playing on obviously the ultra woke ideologies and the far leftist transgender movement as part of their speaking points, but I think that one of their keys is, all right, if you guys are talking about us being a threat to democracy, how is it that you circumvented democracy in your process. So I think if they had a fair affair run at it, I think Shapiro I think would have been a really great choice. But for them, I think would have made it a little bit more fair. The bench for the Democrats isn't as deep as it sometimes is, so I you know, Kentucky, either way, that would have been a better option, and I do think it would have been a much closer race.
Speaker 2: Anthony Russo here joined this political analyst here on WBC. Okay, so what do you think about some of the selections by Trump, for example, Chief of Staff Susie Wiles, first female chief of staff, Attorney General Pam Brooks, Homeland Security, Labor un ambassador strong I mean a strong female presence with the Trump presidency.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe it's ten or eleven. Which is it tenor I can't it's ten or eleven. Is the number of females that he selected, which is double that of his first administration. There's a little bit more of a wide variety. Obviously, they're still gonna look at the fact that the racial disparity is not as much as they would like as a general populace just looking for the kind of the dee high numbers to match up. But in terms of strong females, he's putting them in positions as they've never been before. So I think it bodes well for the females that were maybe on the fence and ended up voting for Trump and going on, I don't know. I hope he does the right thing. I think for them, he's proving to them he is doing the right thing, and he is going towards strong females, not just females because they're female, but females because they're strong females that actually can make an impact in the cabinet.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Kennedy with the Health and Services Secretary, mister Nonvaxer, Well.
Speaker 4: Based on our j sixth start to the conversation, You're probably not gonna like this. I'm a huge RFK fan. I he was one of my keys to why I was actually excited to vote for Donald Trump this time. Is I I've been raised in natural wellness and health my whole life. My mom is a chiropractor, graduated thirty years ago, and I have always been on the side of airing of caution towards big pharma. I think our food is the biggest issue. You've got Democrat Corey Booker speaking on behalf of RFK and the need to really take a deep dive into our food program. The fact that we're the most obese country in the world.
Speaker 2: Well, that I agree with you on that. I mean, I'm not going to disagree with that at all. Yeah, but here's the thing. Did you see that, Tana. Do you see that picture of everybody on air on Trump's plane eating McDonald's.
Speaker 4: McDonald's and it looked like RFK Junior was a yeah, RFK, he's got huge balls. He's also what he's doing is completely alienating his family. That is the establishment of democrats. He I mean he is and his I mean his wife is deep in Hollywood, and it's like he's doing something that will get him completely turned off. And it's his police system. You can disagree with the police system, but you can't say the sellout in any way, shape or He firmly believes this. He went through a lot of litigation in cases that it caused him to say, Look, I don't think when we say anti vaxxer, I think that kind of paints kind of a little bit too dark of a picture. I think he wants the accountability and informed consent. He wants people to realize there is a chance of some harm based on all of the litigation that he prosecuted in the eighties, nineties. In early two thousand, then it's all based on the same way he feels about bad water and the same way he feels about things like aluminum and not mercury in vaccines. So he's got a belief system that he'll stand by. And I think he just wants accountability, which would reverse what Reagan put into place.
Speaker 3: In the eighties.
Speaker 4: He wants the ability to make sure that vaccines, if there is something harmful in them, that they can actually be prosecuted, because at this point they're not allowed.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got a few minutes here, Anthony, but it seems to me everything's flip flopped. The Democrats are the establish You get Clooney coming in, you got Oprah coming in, and everybody's saying, well, what the hell do I have in common with them? You know? Or jay Z and people from all backgrounds are going, I have nothing in common with this party.
Speaker 4: And it's even right, And it's even more kind of it's even more disgusting when you look at the fact that not only do you not have anything in common, You're right, it's the establishment, it's the ultra wealthy. On top of it, you're now finding out how much these people were paid to stand on a stage and Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I was shocked. I listen. I was ashamed. I was I was shocked and ashamed the production costs, like for Oprah to do they had to pay. I was like, these people aren't doing it for free, right. I was shocked.
Speaker 4: And if something comes out that the Republican some of the celebrity, I mean, there wasn't a ton of celebrities, but if they were paid, and from every aspect that I see and every aspect that they've talked about, Trump didn't have to pay a celebrity a they were honored to come speak, or they're bold enough because again it's a huge risk to the career to speak on behalf of Donald Trump. So I do think that it's interesting to see that not only is it an establishment party, it's the big money party. It's the party that is you have to pay them to be spokespeople and then to mismanage over a billion dollars. I think in retrospect, even somebody that is very sounds like very middle ground, like you, you probably go, well, we might, we might be in better hands at this point.
Speaker 2: Well let me and we have to go. I'm not like some of my friends. I'm not doing mcgloom, Like when somebody said moved to Canada. I go, that's ridiculous. That's ridiculous. It's going to be fine, folks. It's not the end of the world. It's not the end of the United States. That I do believe, Anthony. I really appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you. I love this conversation. This is fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well, you know, next time I'm on, I'll have you on. But it's not the end of the world. Like people talking about, oh my god, Trump. I go, no, it's going to be fine, you know. And you know, hell, at my place in life, I'll probably benefit, you know, I mean where just where I am, I'll probably benefit from Trump. So you know, it's not the end of the world. It's not it's not that's not gonna happen, you know. And everybody's talking about my friend the people are going to be deported and all this. I'm like, just settle down, just settle down, Okay, it's not the end of the world. You lost an election, get over it, all right, Anthony, thank you for joining us. We'll talk to you again later.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Okay, taking here, Anthony Russo Jonas, very very good conversation, very good conversation, exchange of ideas. But yeah, I mean Trump's got ten eleven females in his cabinet and the first sheaf of staff. It's got to be interesting. Man, strap In, folks, is going to be a crazy ride. I've done my homework. I've talked about politics. Coming up in the next three hours, the NFL frying a turkey, and my good friend and the Freak from the Lost Coast on everything political and entertainment. Sam Miller coming up at eleven o'clock. We're just getting started here on WBZ.