Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 4: Let's win this. I love writing to these guys after the show. Just think you give me are.
Speaker 5: Your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 6: This is world champion, Dodgers, world championing for a.
Speaker 7: Small soft time.
Speaker 5: They get up people, what they want to die to A two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache.
Speaker 8: One of a con.
Speaker 5: This ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 6: Sure, old time to grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven.
Speaker 9: And go to the show.
Speaker 7: And now, your host of Dodger Talk, Tim Kays, is.
Speaker 5: This a rivalry?
Speaker 10: Now things get a little heated between the Dodgers and Padres. And when it's all said and done, the Dodgers win again as they beat the Padres tonight out of Dodger Stadium eight to six to the final.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, welcome.
Speaker 10: To Dodger Talk here on AM five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the IHR Radio app with you here until the top of the hour. When the clock strikes at midnight. We'll be off the air as we flip it to Wednesday. But we got a lot to get into between now and then. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number if you were.
Speaker 5: At the game tonight.
Speaker 10: Fifty one thousand strong out at Dodgers Stadium saw the Dodgers not once but twice come back win trailing, and they beat the Padres eight to six, a wild up and down game, a bullpen game for the Dodgers, with Jack Dryer getting the start in the third inning. Things got a little loose after Luke Trevino hit Fernando to Chief Junior with the pitch in the top half of the inning. In the bottom half of the third, the second batter of the inning was show Hey Otani and Randy Vasquez. On the first pitch, throws a ninety three mile an hour fastball inside on Otani, who has to dance out of the box to avoid getting hit. The very next pitch, O'tani couldn't dance his way out of the box and gets drilled with a ninety four mile an hour fastball right on the meat of the thigh his right thigh and heads down to first base. At that point, Dave Roberts wanted to know why the umpiring crew and led by the crew chief Marvin Hudson, issued warnings to both benches.
Speaker 5: He just wanted an explanation.
Speaker 10: He went out to discuss with Marvin Hudson, who tonight was at second base the crew chief. Well, thirty seconds later, as they're discussing things, third base umpire Trip Gibson gives Dave Robbers the old heave ho and tosses him from the game. Now, for those that were at the game, you then saw Mike Shilt come out in the field and want an explanation from Marvin Hudson, the crew chief is to what was going on, why the warnings? He didn't get thrown out of the game. And just for reference, Trip Gibson, the same umpire at City Field a few weeks ago called interference obstruction on Max Munsey at third base on a fly ball to right field, Starling Marte tagged ran home and got gunned down by Taoscar Hernandez at the plate. They said obstruction on Max Munsey. Trip Gibson was the third base umpire in that play. Fast forward to tonight, hands folded across his chest, he tosses Dave Roberts from the game. Dave Roberts, you just heard him on the postgame show, said it was intentional, no doubt. He said it was intentional. The Padres hit show Hey Otani, and Dave Roberts, Hey, he's been in this game a long time, said it's part of the game.
Speaker 5: They had a chance to.
Speaker 10: Get him, they missed on the first throw, and that's what he had even a bigger issue with. He gets two chances to hit show Aotani, and they clearly were trying to hit him, and they hit him on you know, a soft part of the body, the thigh where you got a lot of meat there. Didn't drill them in the back, didn't injure Them's gonna leave a bruise. Do I think it's right that they hit show Ayotani.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 10: I know Tatise got to hit a half inning earlier. I know Pi Haz last night got hit and was upset about it. Things are getting a little chippy. Dave Roberts gets tossed, Mike Schild gets to stay in the game, and then his seventh inning, we have this umpire blunder at second base, a ground ball, great stop by Tommy Edmond off the ball hit by Luise Rise, Fernando to tease Junior is safe at second base. Mookie Bets can't handle the flip to tease, takes a couple of steps off the bag.
Speaker 5: Thinking he's out.
Speaker 10: Mookie them and the second base umpire, the crew chief, Marvin Hudson calls him out.
Speaker 5: But then seconds.
Speaker 10: Later, home plate umpire Ryan Blakeney is waving his arm say no, no, no, no, I had called time.
Speaker 5: Play was dead.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 10: Back to second base, goes Fernando to tease Junior. Seem pretty quick a play ends ta Tease gets up, takes a few steps off the bag, gets tagged, and within those few seconds, time was already called by the home plate umpire trying to get a fresh baseball out to the mound. Come on, little quick on the trigger to call time out there by the home plate umpire, as it was confusion on the field. If you're one of the fifty one thousand at Dodger Stadium, you got no explanation. Thank goodness, we got eyes in the booth with a Rick Monday eagle eye able to point out what had happened. Saw a quick replay of it and explained it along with Steven Nelson beautifully.
Speaker 5: Right here on a FI seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 10: But if you're at the game, you're clueless because you're not knowing what's happening. You have no idea why this play that you just saw in front of you apparently didn't happen, and you don't know why Bernando Tatis Junior standing on second when the umpires have microphones and can just flip them on and say, here's what happened.
Speaker 5: Make the explanation.
Speaker 10: Happens in the NFL, happens in the NBA, and they have microphones on for a reason.
Speaker 5: Use them.
Speaker 10: Explain what's happening better the game. Explain to us, Explain to the fans what is happening, What are we seeing? Why did you make that call? If you explained it, Okay, I get it. I understand. I don't like it, but I get it.
Speaker 5: You explained it. The home play umpire call time.
Speaker 10: Thus the play is dead and Fernando Tatiz Junior is not out at second base.
Speaker 5: Thank you, you clarified it. Perfect. Okay, Let's move on.
Speaker 10: Instead, everybody's guessing to what's happening going on social media or if you've got a transistor radio or the iheired app. You're sitting there thankfully getting Steven and Rick telling you exactly what happened in that sequence. But again, despite that, the Dodgers get the win tonight eight to six over the Padres. And don't look now, they took two or three in San Diego last week, and now they've taken the first two games of this four game series, and they got Emmitt Shean going tomorrow night real quickly. We'll get out to the phone's Hosemoda's going to join us as well. There was a pool reporter that got to talk to the crew chief, Marvin Hudson, meaning one representative of the media got to go ask questions and get an explanation. Probably didn't get a lot of questions and answers from crew chief Marvin Hudson. Probably got to ask a question or two and get an explanationation. Marvin Hudson told the pool reporter this just minutes ago, and I'm reading this online. Dave Roberts was ejected for arguing a dugout warning quote from Marvin Hudson, the crew chief. He can't argue the warnings. So we had to get rid of him. He had to be ejected. End quote.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 10: As for Mike Shilt, he was able to discuss it with the umpires. When asked about Mike Shilt, the crew chief umpire Marvin Hudson said this to the pool reporter just minutes ago. Quote he Mike Shilt just asked about the warnings. He asked about pitching inside. I said we're not taking that away and he left.
Speaker 5: End quote. Okay.
Speaker 10: Dave Roberts went out and was looking for an explanation.
Speaker 5: I don't read mouth. I can't tell you exactly what he was saying, but I'm.
Speaker 10: Sure it probably asked, hey, Marvin, give me an explanation.
Speaker 5: Explain this, Hey, what's going on? What's the call?
Speaker 10: Why are we getting a warning? And maybe then turned into arguing the warning. But he wanted an explanation, the same thing Mike Shilt was out there asking for. But you have to get rid of him. According to Marvin Hudson, he had to be ejected because you can't argue the warnings, but you could ask about the warnings. I mean, get off of your high horse umpires first. You don't explain what's happening in a game. Well, first you throw out Dave Roberts in the third inning for arguing the warning. Mike Shilt gets to stay in for asking about the warning, and then the seventh inning, you can't give us an explanation as to what just happened on the field, what we just saw with our own eyes, what we just heard Steven Nelson and Rick Monday described perfectly here on a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: I think the umpires.
Speaker 10: Need to get a get a I don't know, they just need to join us here in twenty twenty five. With the technology you have instant replay, you have challenges.
Speaker 5: You have a microphone. Use it.
Speaker 10: Explain to us what is happening. Tell the fans, the young fans, the new fans, the fans who don't understand what they just saw. Clearly, an out is not an out.
Speaker 5: Explain it. It's all you got to do.
Speaker 10: But I get this kind of feeling the umpires think that they're holier than now. Wow, Okay, we had to toss Dave Roberts out of the game. You can't argue the warnings. We had to get rid of him. He had to be ejected. Mike Shilt, Oh, he just asked about it. You know, he asked about you know, we're all taking away the inside pitch and he left. Okay, So if they come out and argue it, you feel like you're the umpire and they're disrespecting you, they're showing you up, they're trying to get an edge on you. So you have to toss them because you're the umpire. You got to control the game. Come on, come on, it's twenty twenty five, eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. Use the technology, explain what's happening out in the field, and let's get off our high horse that you are the the the all.
Speaker 5: They all be it out there on the field.
Speaker 10: And if you come out and you question or you argue what just happened, it's an automatic.
Speaker 5: We got to get rid of him. He's got to be ejected.
Speaker 10: But if you change your tone when you approach the umpire, if you come at it in a different direction and maybe word it differently, you'll be.
Speaker 5: Able to stay in the game.
Speaker 10: Like Mike Chilton, come on, ridiculous eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy.
Speaker 5: Let's start things off in New York.
Speaker 10: Will joins us here on Dodge Talk contest and are you doing will Well?
Speaker 3: I was at Yankee Stadium for Game Flight Low World Championship with the highlight of my seven decades is the Larger Fit. But tonight I share your disgust over the performance of the umpires. Technical question, where does the third base umpire I have the right to eject the managers. Any umpire has that right to do that.
Speaker 5: I believe so.
Speaker 10: And if that's the case, did something get said directly to Trip Gibson that wasn't clarified or said in the pool reporters' answers from Marvin Hudson the crew chief, I would have liked a little further explanation as to well, yes, he said something to Dave or Dave said something to Trimp and thus he needed to be kicked out. The crew chief's the one in control. You're the lead umpire out there in the field. That's why the manager's running out to second base to talk to you about what's going on, because you're the one that's supposed to be the quote unquote spokesperson for what's happening out there.
Speaker 5: When there's a challenge and a replay, you.
Speaker 10: Have the crew chief and the umpire that's involved in the play both listen to New York for the call because the crew chief is supposed to take control. Is the head of the referees or the of the umpires out there.
Speaker 3: Right, and he blew toy this thing with tatsis see that was his call. I don't think it was one of the technical questions. When the umpire jets the manager and the manager has to go to his office. Can the managers to communicate with the coaching staff?
Speaker 5: I don't think you're supposed to.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're not supposed to. Well, I appreciate it. Thanks for checking in long distance and staying up with us tonight. You're not supposed to have communication with the dugout and you could watch the game. I'm sure he had probably the iHeartRadio app synced up and listening to Rick and Steven and certainly the TV broadcast on so he can get a visual of what's happening inside there. Maybe sitting back and enjoining Ah, you know, a Coca cola or a Pepsi or something from the coach's office. They're at Dodger Stadium. But it certainly feels a lot better when you get the win. And I thought Dave Roberts handed it perfectly in his post game conference. Maybe we'll address that coming up in a little bit, but you can podcasts, you can find it on social media as well.
Speaker 5: He handled it perfectly.
Speaker 10: His response when asked by the media why he got tossed from the game and what he was looking for, what he didn't get from Marvin Hudson, the crew chief, and then what he did get was ejected by Trip Gibson, the third base umpire. Richard leaving Dodger Stadium, what a wild night, Richard. Let me ask you, first off, you're at the game, the seventh inning debacle happens with it second base and there's no explanation. Were you guys all kind of looking at each other like what's happening inside the stadium?
Speaker 1: That's That's a perfect way to describe it. Everyone was just kind of looking at each other, thinking, what's going on? You know, what's happening, because up until that point it was it was kind of a great vibe at Dodger Stadium. You know, I was on field level at one point there was an inflatable trophy being passed around. Everybody was taking pictures with it.
Speaker 8: It was cool.
Speaker 1: And then you know Jack Dryer, he was pitching a good game that our pitchers did well, and then that that happened and everyone was kind of you know, we all saw Andy yet hey, yesterday that was that you know that that wasn't okay. You know, he he had something to say about it. Today we hit that piece and then they come back and hit.
Speaker 11: A tany you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's there's not a lot to say about it.
Speaker 11: It's just baseball.
Speaker 1: They're mad, they're upset, it's understandable. But what I do like is Dave Roberts coming out being aggressive, marking for his team, you know, letting them know that we we do have their back, you know, letting them know that we're not just gonna take that lying down. That's the part that I do really enjoy. That's the part that I do like to see. We did come out with the win. That's the most important thing. That's the most important thing. And tonight we come out with the win. Uh get at least two in the series, try to take the whole thing, but we just try to come out with that same aggressiveness, come out with that same mentality, not take anything lying down, just come out and do the same thing. That's what we're hoping to do, and that's what we're hoping to pull off. Thanks for taking us all all.
Speaker 5: Right, I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 10: Thanks for checking at eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy confusion at Dodger Stadium in that seventh inning, and in the end, the Dodgers get the win, and Dave Roberts has got a smile on his face, but certainly not for what happened during the game, and not for getting tossed in the third inning. But the Dodgers get the victory. That's important, an eight to six win over the Padres. Matt sour gets the winning relief, Tanner Scott gets to save. Hey, I'm old enough to remember, as the kids say, when Tanner Scott was taken incoming here on Dodger Talk on FI seven YLA Sports. I remember. I got a pretty good memory earlier this month in which he blew a game at Dodger Statum against the Mets, came back and pitched well in the next game. Since that loss of the Mets on June second, eight appearances from Tanner Scott, a win, four saves, a couple of holds, one earn run giving up over those eight innings from Tanner Scott. He picks up his fourteenth save of the season.
Speaker 5: Tonight.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers get a pair of home runs from Andy Paz four for four to three Ribbies. Will Smith goes three for four double and the two run home run Andy Piz. Real quick, do yourself a favorite Dodger fans, if you got a few minutes on your phone, which you're gonna be on, I know, because nobody puts their phones down anymore, or your tablet, your computer, whatever, go to Dodgers dot com slash vote Dodgers dot com slash vote do yourself a favorite. You get five votes per day with each email address. I'm not afraid to say it. I got multiple email addresses.
Speaker 5: You do too, I know you do. Use them.
Speaker 10: Vote five times each for the Dodgers, and make sure you're clicking that button for Andy Piz.
Speaker 5: Get Andy Piz.
Speaker 10: To the All Star Game with the fan vote. He deserves to be there. His first half of the season has been unbelievable, now hitting two ninety three on this season, an ops three thirty two four for four Tonight, a couple of home runs. It's got fifteen now on this season. I mean he's on pace to hitting twenty five thirty home runs this season. Get Andy Piez to the All Star Game. Get all the Dodgers that are on the vote to the All Star Game. But Andy pi has Man would love to see him representing the Dodgers in the National League at the All Star Game in Atlanta. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy Michaels in North Ridges. Next up here on Dodger Talk, How you doing, Michael?
Speaker 8: Hi, Tim, I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 10: I'm a little fired up. I think Dave Roberts got me going. The reading these comments from the pool reporters questions to Marvin Hudson, the crew chief, got my blood boiling even more.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was just ridiculous, to say the least.
Speaker 5: What do you got to say, Michael?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so this is this is obviously a lot more positive than what happened tonight. But I don't know how how many Dodger fans or Dodger executives know this. But show Hey is nominated for Favorite Male Sports Star at the upcoming Kids Choice.
Speaker 13: Awards on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 13: I don't know if anyone knows about that. But people can actually vote for him to win by going online to Nickelodeon's website and clicking on Kids' Choice Awards Vote. But the thing is that you have to vote for all these other categories in order for the vote for show Hey to count.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, make sure we get the vote out there. I appreciate it, Michael.
Speaker 10: If you're voting for the All Star Game, make sure you vote for Shootani for favorite Sports figure for a Nickelodeon Award. I'd be kind of cool to see show Hey get slimmed. They do that still, right, I Mean that's I'm old school, but I think they still slam them, right, Okay, all right, that's still a thing. Brock is next up here on Dodger Talk on a five seventy l A Sports.
Speaker 5: What's up Rock?
Speaker 8: What's up to him? Thanks to taking my call, brother, I you know, you gotta look, you gotta look at at what Doc said in his interview, and you're you're absolutely right. He's a common sense man. Right when he said that, it made so much sense to everybody, and I think most stands need that need that explanation as well. It's common sense if you've got to Mike use it. The fact that that that debacle happened at second you know later in the seventh you know, Doc would have said something there as well. You know, not to take away anything from from the win that, but it does fire you up. It does fire you up because it feels like a little bit of a slight you're right and and and going after show Hey twice like that, and Doc really put it in his interview really great, uh explanation of how a right handed pitcher going in at show Hey like that. It's intentional and it's and it's completely you know, you just want to you just want some some some common sense, some explanation behind it. But not to take away anything from that. It was incredible to see consistently the quiet leadership from Will Smith as always bat in three point thirty this year he needs to be an All Star too, and then and then pahes after last year, you know, back and forth and not making you know, not knowing if he's gonna make the roster, back and forth. Just this year it's just been it's been awesome to see him come up and and uh just be what everybody what everybody on the team always said, he he has he has been, you know, and it's awesome to see him get his dues. So absolutely deserves to be an All Star. But what a great all round win. And then and then to top it off, the cherry on top Tanner Scott coming in with the uh, there's so much life on his fastball right now and it comes, it sweeps through the zone and it's just it's nice to see the money going to good use, right And I was one of the people calling being like, you know, you got to figure this out. This dude's got to figure this out. But I think you know, Doc being Doc, he put in the right people, he put him in earlier in games and built up that confidence a little bit, and now he's he's holding his own and it couldn't be it couldn't be in a better spot than against you know, our our two division rivals. So it's it's awesome to see who Dodger fans should be. We should all be really really encouraged by it.
Speaker 10: So all right, Brock, I appreciate it. I think you touched on something that's important. Dave Roberts. I think to some Dodger fans, to a fault is loyal to his players, and if you're riding through the hills and valleys of a season, the ups and downs, he'll ride with the player, a pitcher, a reliever, an everyday position player through those highs, right you know, the hitting streaks.
Speaker 5: He'll ride through the lows with you.
Speaker 10: Knowing that you're going to balance out somewhere right there in the middle, and you're gonna get back to sea level and you're gonna get back to where you need to be on the mound or at the plate or on defense. And you know, sometimes it rubs Dodger fans, I think the wrong way and they get kind of frustrated with the long runways, so to speak, with players and opportunities they get. But that's one of Dave Roberts's strong points and something I respect a ton out of.
Speaker 5: Him for he is loyal to his guys.
Speaker 10: And if you're somebody who's struggling, he'll ride with you and he'llp you and know that you'll get out of it, and he'll bank on you. He'll he'll bet on you that you're a guy who's going to figure it out. At the play, you're a guy who's going to figure it out.
Speaker 5: On the mountain. You're going to turn it around coming out of the bullpen, and I.
Speaker 10: Think players see that, they respect him for that, and I think gives those guys confidence as well out there when they're playing. Shout out to my guy, Richard Oliveri's captain of the Arcadia Fire Department. His son Vin at the game tonight. Vin named after the great Vin Scully. So shout out to the two of them. Driving home right now and listening to Dodger Talk, I certainly appreciate that. You can follow me on Twitter x at Tim Kates, Tim c A. T. S. We'll take a time out, we'll come back well here from Jose Mota. We'll get to your phone calls. Wild night out of Dodgers Stadium. Dodgers prevail in the end. Dave Roberts gets thrown out for the first time this season, fighting for his players, and the Dodgers on the field fought their way back twice from deficits a five run sixth inning. The big one for the Blue as they beat the Padres eight to six. Is Dodger Talk here on a five seventy ELA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 9: AM five seventy La Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talking search.
Speaker 7: AM five seventy on the iHeartRadio app. We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 5: Come find it.
Speaker 7: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 10: The twelfth hitch to Smith swung on and built it high in the ear left field, carrying.
Speaker 2: Back that is good.
Speaker 10: Battle four Battle one for Smith Will Smith with a twelve pitch battle. He wins it against Jeremiah Estrada in the sixth inning with the two run home run, Dodgers took a five to three lead a five run sixth inning in all for the Dodgers in an eight to six victory over the San Diego Padres. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast going to M five seventy LA sports dot Com keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift guard predicting the number of home runs in the next game.
Speaker 5: Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Let's check out with Jose.
Speaker 7: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 10: It was a three hour game Jose, and it feels like there's so much to talk about that third inning, to Tease getting hit, Otani getting hit, Dave Roberts getting ejected, Mike Child did not get ejected, Trip Gibson having a quick trigger and not liking what he heard from Dave Roberts tonight. And then that's sixth inning tonight, in which the Dodgers scored five runs, four for four for Andy Pie has.
Speaker 5: What a night out there, what a win?
Speaker 2: Well, so where do you want to go? Let me take you back to San Diego. Hey, last week Blue Trito starts, the game is to okay, and that's I think this was all it's coming from there. Okay, I'm going back that way, and Lutreno his top tieest today, you know, and baseball Dave Roberts knows very well it's going to be played, and the guys at times know a very good job just policing themselves. So anyways, I knew that something was going to happen. I was totally convinced that a Dodger was going to get hit because also adding last night to it, you figure the umpires are not going to let the situation get out of control. Okay, they did the right thing in my opinion, by issue. The warning number two is they were wrong about Dave Roberts, who was very animated and perhaps they read body language instead of his words say hey, can I just get an explanation? And that's what they were wrong among. You know a couple of other things today. We saw the time out and all that, but you know, both players are gonna be ball players, and at some point a Dodger was going to get hit. Unfortunately, because going back to the last series and last night and then you saw what happened.
Speaker 5: Is that the end of it? Is that over with? Now we move on?
Speaker 10: Or is this going to continue between both sides? Is one?
Speaker 2: This should be it? I mean this should be it. Pius himself said I overreacted last night. But you know that's you can't take that back. That's just the way it is. I mean, yeah, Minim Machado's saying like, you have way more better players that we can hit, you know besides you, and Mike Shield saying who are you and stuff like that just went off. So the umpires just I'm throwing all that out there because now you know what the umpires took the initiati right away and say, by the way, guys, you know that's enough wanting wanting, and then think about this with you should wanting managers usually will tell you, now you're taking away the ability for me to pitch inside. Well, yes and no, because what happened later was a Dodger pitcher hit and nobody got tossed right. So they have to read intent and they have to read discretion, and they they did the right thing and not tossing out Matt solving this issue. So there's lots to kind of digest and look at. But this goes back to just making sure that umpire crews are one and so many things. They know what's going on with the rivalry. So they did the right thing. Luckily, and thankfully, the Dollar's got a.
Speaker 10: W Andy Pie has four for four the two home runs tonight, Andie Pie has is having himself a fantastic first half of the season.
Speaker 5: I think some.
Speaker 10: People are just waiting for it to end and thinking, oh, he's just on a heater right now.
Speaker 5: But he has figured it out, Jose.
Speaker 2: He has an a if you think about all the things that he's gone through last year. He got caught up in mid April comes up, starts real hot, cools down. Then the dollars make it straight. You know who paid that price. Anty Piez was sent down for a couple of weeks last Year's not forget about that. And he is the one guy they called up in September first. So with all that being said, is the fact that he's learned a lot of things. Number one is we had justiner swing. Number two is the intensity that needs to be there every single day, from the base running to the outfield, to the work he's putting in, which he talked about. And then number three, the biggest factor to me is Dave Roberts sticking with this guy, and a factor that a lot of people just don't don't want to value that much. But as Michael Comforto has said, his biggest comfort is David Ibert saying you're the guy I'm gonna stick with you. You think about for a young player like Pius who then got to get a couple of big basits in a NLCS against the Mess, a couple of home runs. So not just in the factor tim that we have to you cannot ignore the fact that he knows there's people on his corner. He responded, he readjusted his swing. He's way more level, but I think the conference level from the Toskers. But mainly his manager is the one the thing that has n't playing at piece and owing that you got to be consistent and be on focus every single day.
Speaker 10: Dodgers have taken four or five so far in the head to head series between the Dodgers and Padres, and tomorrow night, I cannot wait imt she And makes his return. He's had a really good time in the minor leagues and those rehab starts in getting built up for this and I can't wait to see what em and she and looks like in this rotation and how much he can add to this rotation.
Speaker 2: Oh what he looks like physically right now, My goodness, he's you look a monster out there on my um. I mean it looks Kevin Brown type guy. But yeah, looking forward to watching him because we know he's a fastball guy who's doing you know, triple digits and rehabs and most certainly he really gives a big boost to the young pitchers and also to the rehab people have him worked so hard with him, and certainly also to the bullpen, to the rotation. So a young guy that has a very great arm and potential to come back and in contribute. It's going to be fabulous.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be great. Jose, appreciate it. Dave is back tomorrow, so you get to chat with DV.
Speaker 2: I hope he's cool down a little bit. I hope. Good job, buddy.
Speaker 10: Thanks all right, there he goes Jose Mota checking in with us here on Dodger Talk. Bob and Malibu is next up here on a FI seventy.
Speaker 5: How you doing Bob, Jim, How you doing it?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: I'm fired up.
Speaker 10: I'm so glad that Dodgers got to win. I love Dave Roberts for going out and fighting in the third inning for his guys, and afterwards, I loved everything he had to say.
Speaker 14: Well, that's fire, and that intensity that you're you know, putting over the air waves right now is the same intensity the doc shows the team, and I think that fires those guys up man to go ahead and win those games. So good on him for doing that, sticking by his guys. Let's talk about our boy Andy Poez though, Man, vote for this guy for the All Star Tim Yeah.
Speaker 10: No doubt about it. He needs to get in with the season he's having Bob. I appreciate the phone call, Darryl and Palmdale and next up here on Dodge Talk.
Speaker 5: How you doing, Darryl?
Speaker 4: I am doing fine and I love it. The Dodgers they are doing And it happened really after the Kurchall game. Something happened and these guys just clicked. I mean everything they're going with the pitch. They're not trying to hit home runs and they're doing it, you know, and pie Head, you're getting all that production out of the templest part of the lineup. They good moveing Bok a couple of games.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know, I think I like him in that seventh spot. Daryl, thanks for checking in this roster and this lineup is so talented to having Andy Pojez in the seventh spot that that is something that every team would love to have a seven hitter like Andy po has.
Speaker 5: Mike. How you doing, Mike checking in sun Valid?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Ten doing great? Uh, just all the drama, I mean, but anyway, I want to talk about that big, big app bat by will Smid twelve pitch. Yeah, ended up being the difference of the game. But yeah, that's just remarkable. That five run sixth inning was just incredible. And looking forward to tam Em and she and tomorrow, what do you think two innings, no bolt game.
Speaker 10: He's built up, Mike, I appreciate it. I expect four or five innings from Image and tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I am excited.
Speaker 10: I just mentioned with jose he has built his body up physically in the comeback from Tommy John surgery. Something he had to do was put some weight on and he has gotten big and bulky and he is.
Speaker 5: Ready to go.
Speaker 10: And his h I think jose motis that he looks like Kevin Brown out there and he was an intimidating figure on the mount in his day, and if he can be anything like that, this is going to be awesome to see what he can do to help about this Dodger's rotation in this pitching staff which desperately needs another arm and another starter to go out there every five or six days to help out this team.
Speaker 5: That's going to do it for Dodger Talk.
Speaker 10: Many thanks to Colin Ye for all his help tonight long night here in the stadium and the station for the Dodgers and for us three plus hour game in the end, though the good guys win. It's the Dodgers pull out the victory eight to six over the Padres. Matt sour gets the win, Tanner Scott his fourteenth save of the year.
Speaker 5: Four hits for Andy Pies, including a pair of.
Speaker 10: Home runs, Will Smith a two run home run, three for four a double. Dave Roberts got ejected in the third inning. Got to watch it from his office at Dodgers Stadium and certainly feed up on the table I imagine celebrating a Dodger victory over the Padres until tomorrow. We're back then with Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck at six o'clock.
Speaker 5: First pitch is seven to ten.
Speaker 10: Emmett Shean Mats's return from Tommy John surgery at his twenty twenty five debut. Have a great night, everybody see him.
Speaker 14: M