Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. We're never a better day to fight for true justice in the American way.
Speaker 2: Fight, Fight, Fight. Glad you're here.
Speaker 3: Hard to believe it's been a year, right, because I'm sure you can remember where you were when you got the news. Maybe you were watching TV, but it was four eleven Mountain time on a Saturday afternoon, so I don't know how many people were glued to their sets. But everything changed then, right, And what a truly miraculous afternoon. So we'll talk about some of the fallout from that. We've talked a lot, as you know, about was this divine intervention, the President reiterating yesterday that he believes that it was. I happen to believe that as well, and I think the events that followed certainly support that that belief. We'll never know. Hopefully someday we'll know right from the source. But in the meantime, you know, all we can do is suppose and I think all the great things that have happened for America and the world since Donald Trump was truly miraculously saved. Whether you believe it was divine intervention or coincidence or something else it was, it's not scientifically explainablet what are the odds against him turning us out at just that moment, But so many good things have happened, And conversely, there would have been such a disaster for America and the world in so many different ways had that assassin succeeded. And I got to ask you, Ryan, is there one personal live I can't believe there's a single person alive who believes that that would be assassin acted alone, who believes it was crooks alone. Have you run into anybody anywhere who writes that says that? Well, guess is that.
Speaker 4: There's that side of the logical assessment, because why would this cast off this young guy that seemed to have no friends, that was disconnected, I mean fits a certain profile, right of the loan gunman, the loaner Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Junior. These are not well adjusted people socially, But then how does he get the access to the means the shooting, the training, all that, and then would there be a nexus, let's say, between Iran and Thomas Crooks. You look at the kid, You're like, this kid's and nobody, but they might be taking advantage of that.
Speaker 3: Well, you're right about the profile, right, he fits the profile, which means he's the type of person that someone some country, some nation state wanting to assassinate the president, you know, would approach, maybe intersect with on social et cetera. But just the means and ability, you know, to bypass all of that security.
Speaker 2: And there was some security there that day, et cetera.
Speaker 3: By the way, the very first time that the the Trump campaign I believe head counter snipers was Butler, and up to that point, the Biden administration had been refusing counter snipers I think, at every other event. But that brings us to what Representative Pat Fallon had to say. And then I think the conclusion that comes out of these facts pretty obvious cut sixteen plays.
Speaker 5: Not only did the Secret Service not share this with other agencies, they didn't share it with President Trump's detail that Iran was posed a dire threat to President Trump's life he should have been receiving at that time because it was a very unique circumstance. He was the former president, he was a nation state was trying to assassinate him for actions he took as president. He was also the leading candidate to be the.
Speaker 2: Next president, which he is now. He should have had.
Speaker 5: A security that was commisserate with a sitting US president because of the unique nature of who who he was, who he is.
Speaker 2: And the threat at that time. Well, that tells you everything you need to know. Right.
Speaker 3: If that report is true, and this is based on a Senate investigation that the Biden administration didn't tell Trump's security detailed their own Secret Service security detail, that Iran was actively trying to kill the president, what conclusion can you draw from that other than that the Biden administration did not want Trump fully protected from that that Iranian threat. What other conclusion can you draw?
Speaker 4: Well, Also, Dan, if you'll recall, and I mentioned this on my program, the Dan Capli's pregame show here in Denver, with that doctor Jill Biden, the first lady the United States, had a higher priority security detail than the former president of the United States, Donald Trump, actively campaigning against her husband obviously a target far more so than Jill Biden ever would be and that's to her benefit. But it just boggles the mind to think that with as much animosity, vitriol, hatred of this man, Donald Trump that was out there, that his security detail would be a lower priority than the first lady at the United States on that same day.
Speaker 3: Ran Just doesn't this just confirm that what we've been talking about all along throughout that campaign, long long long before Butler, the Democrats knew they were not going to beat Donald Trump. They certainly weren't going to beat Donald Trump with Joe Biden. Yeah, I think that just confirms all of that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I am not saying I am not saying for a second that the Biden White House sat there and said we've got to have Donald Trump killed.
Speaker 2: I don't believe they did that.
Speaker 3: But I think the Biden White House was very very aware of that the Iranians wanted to kill him, and the Biden White House made a conscious, deliberate, premeditated decision to deny Trump the level of protection he needed.
Speaker 2: There's no flaw in that logic.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, I mean, just the circumstances of what we saw play out and what they knew and perceived Donald Trump to be as a political threat the Law Fair. I mean, let's talk about that part of it, where the Biden DOJ went after Donald Trump on myriad fronts, including from the sitting Attorney General himself and the Special Appointed Council in Jack Smith on behalf of merrit Garland, and the various state actors that went after Donald Trump. Be at Letitia James, be It, Alvin Bragg, be it, Fannie Wallace down in Atlanta. I mean, there was this nexus of an entire, unified effort. There were consultations with a lot of these das at the White House that were on the logs. There was a conspiracy and I hate used that word because the negative connotations attached to it, but they were literally conspiring to derail Donald Trump's candidacy.
Speaker 3: Right, what I'm talking about, I'm talking about this line, right, this line between they were out to well, let me choose my words carefully when it comes to the Law Fair. They were out to destroy him personally. They wanted him to die in prison. They were pursuing bogus cases for bogus reasons so that he would die in prison. Many people would say that a fate worse than death, so on that front. Yes, it was targeted, it was premeditated, it was deliberate. What I'm saying is I do not believe they set out to have him shot in the head in that field in Butler.
Speaker 2: They knew that Iran.
Speaker 3: Wanted to kill him, and they made a conscious, deliberate decision to deprive him of the full security he needed in view of that threat. Correct that that's the distinction that I'm drawing. But one way or the other, America gets it right. America gets it And all we can do right now is just just continue to pray that the president stays safe the rest of his life. But it brings us back to one of the reasons he won among many and one of the reasons that I respect him so much personally.
Speaker 2: And I understand he has done some stuff.
Speaker 3: I disagree with over the years, But how many people have had the opportunity and then how many people have shown extreme physical courage? Certainly the obvious right military police fire, But then you get to beyond that world of honor who has and Donald Trump is near the top of that list because he knew when he decided he gave the order to take out Solimani, the Iranian terrorist general that he would save a lot of innocent lives, but he may very well.
Speaker 2: Lose his own.
Speaker 3: He knew he and his family would be targeted by Iran for the rest of their days, and that took tremendous physical courage on his part, and then of course we saw that in his immediate reaction in the field in Butler.
Speaker 2: So anyway, the one thing questioned, I.
Speaker 3: Know we need to hit this break and then we have Danielle Jerinsky at four thirty six. The Aurora City Council woman, very dynamic, and she wants Amy Padden recalled. The new DA out in Rapo. Not to be confused with the tremendous prior DA interpos who is my good friend and law partner, John Keller, he's our managing partner. But the new DA Amy Patten, she wants to recall and we'll have Danielle Jirinsky with us at four to three six, Ryan, I also want to talk about I want to talk about Polus's Bridge to Nowhere.
Speaker 2: And it may not be on people's.
Speaker 3: Radar yet, but it's fascinating in that this project he wants as some kind of legacy project. And if this is your legacy project some bridge over Broadway that pretty much tells her where your legacy is coming in, right, But this is.
Speaker 2: The best he can hope for at this point.
Speaker 3: So what's interesting to me and a lot of fun is it's divided the left because the Denver Post editorializes in favor of it and Kyle Clark at nine News is hammering it. So we're gonna have some fun with that. Play some of those stories and again that get your take on it. And what's so striking to me Ryan is the lack of self awareness. And we'll get into it as we get to that story. But there's an obvious fix for what Polus is trying to accomplish with this enormously expensive bridge, but they either don't see it or they're not willing to see it.
Speaker 2: So we'll get to all of that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Three or three someone three A two five five the number d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to The Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 2: The most loyal guys you will ever meet are.
Speaker 7: The ones who go to work, come home.
Speaker 2: Lay in bed, scroll.
Speaker 7: On their phone, and overthink their entire life while talking to the same two friends they've always had. They don't need attention from a crowd. They don't chase after every woman who smiles at them. They keep their circle small, their routine simple, and their loyalty unshaken. These men aren't out seeking validation from the world. They're too busy carrying the weight of their responsibilities, their dreams, and their unspoken struggles. They might not always say much, but their actions speak louder than any words ever could.
Speaker 2: They don't entertain distractions because they know the.
Speaker 7: Value of real love, real friendships, and real loyalty.
Speaker 2: So if you have a man like this, don't ever take it for granted. He's not just another guy. He's rare.
Speaker 7: He's the type of man love deeply, stand by you, and never make you question where his heart truly belongs. If you're not following, you will probably never hear my voice again.
Speaker 2: But if you congratulations, you're growing every day. Yep, Denzel's got it.
Speaker 3: Three or three seven three A two five five the number text da N five seven seven three nine. Yeah, lot's happening in the world, So jump in anytime. Danielle Jorinski will We'll talk to her at four thirty six. She wants Amy Padden, the DA in Arapo County, Colorado, recalled. We'll talk about that. There's always another big story in the news. Ryan, on your tremendous program two to four Mountain Time Monday through Friday. On six thirty Kitch at w Denver, you were talking about a sex offender try to kidnap a kid outside of school right who they were unable to charge because of competency issues. And we'll ask Danielle about that as well. At four three six. That was a dramatic pause. You can jump in there if you want to.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just there's a lot of unanswered questions here based on the reporting at Fox thirty one Digital that you are asking that I'm asking that I sent a text to George Brockwood, the former DA in the eighteenth asking him that.
Speaker 6: I'd love for you to run by John Kellner.
Speaker 4: Which is this guy is a sex offender, he's on the registry per Pueblo County. He is mentally incompetent, they say to stand trial, so they're going to drop the charges Amy Padden in the eighteenth and then what he's just released into the wild. He's just released back into society where he did captured on video try to apprehend this eleven year old from an elementary school playground. I don't know how that could possibly be within the realm of possible outcomes.
Speaker 2: Well, and I understand why you read the story that way, my friend.
Speaker 3: My guess is I would bet y'all hawk that we find out the story in the media was incomplete. And then because I think what happened here was if they could not try him because of confidency, that he was then put into mental health not free to leave. But we'll clarify that with Danielle Jirinsky at four threes. And if it was a case where he was released, as you say, into the wild, that would be beyond scandalous. But I do believe he's more likely confined right now awaiting competency, so he could be put on trials similar to the monster up in Boulder who killed all of those innocent people, but he wanted to throw this one at chip. Is so much happening on the illegal immigration front. Right here's Senator Alex Padia from California cut nineteenth place, cut nineteen.
Speaker 8: What if I was outside of home, people, because I'd like to do some work around the house, not dressed in a suit. Would I be a target of ICE enforcements under Tom Holman?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 8: And it's just wrong. It's not just due process rights that have become the concern.
Speaker 2: But Rachel.
Speaker 3: True, here's how we know that. We know he knows that's not true. If he thought it was true, he would have done it. I mean, this is a guy who pulled this stunt of barging into that Christie g Nome presser in that weird way, so he ends up on camera being subdued. So if he really thought he could go stand up side a home depot and jeans and a shirt like you and I normally dress and get contacted by ICE, he would do that. He'd stand out there all day to have that dun him. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Now? Tom?
Speaker 3: Before I get to Tom home and let me go up to Cherry and Fort Collins. You're on the Dan Caplis show. Welcome Cherry.
Speaker 9: Hello, Dan. I just wanted to follow up on your position that Trump's assassination attempt and was actually divine intervention by.
Speaker 2: God, that he was saving him.
Speaker 9: Yes, for saving him. Well, I don't know if this has been brought forward before, but I'd like to point out that in the Bible of the Book of Leviticus, the ordination of priests included placing blood on the right ear, and that symbolized listening for the word of God, putting blood on the right thumb, which indicated work in service to the Lord, and putting blood on the right toe, which indicated walking in God's ways. So one of the odds that Trump would be shot in the ear, he grabbed his ear with his right thumb in his right hand, and his shoes came off, so he may have gotten blood on his big toe. And that's a divine intervention. But it's very interesting.
Speaker 3: And even more reason to be on the right rather than the left. But no, that's fascinating, man, I've never heard that. Hey, thank you, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Jerry three or three someone three, two, five, five the number. You know what's so interesting about that, Ryan, in terms of my belief at least that it was divine intervention, is is the way it all came down. Of course, I wish Trump had never been harmed in any way, but the way it all came down, the fact that he was hit, the fact that he had that blood on his face, that was such an important part of the iconic image. The courage he showed. It just brought home the violent reality of it. And we all know now in retrospect, though you and I said it the monday after that the election was over at that point, We've been saying that before that that weekend. But truly, I think it'll emerge as one of the most vivid moments in American political history ever. I mean, they'll be talking about it hundreds of years from now, and.
Speaker 2: As they will this show.
Speaker 4: But Dan, I think back to that moment too, and as I watch it, and you get chills going through that experience and knowing where you were when it happened, but that it would be understandable for any person in that position to tuck and run, to hide undercover of the Secret Service agents. You just got nicked in the ear, your head was almost blown off. Get into the beast, get out of there. He reacted the opposite. He wanted the crowd to see him. He told interviewers after that it was important to him for America that the crowd and everybody watching saw him rise up with that fist in the air.
Speaker 6: Channing fight, fight, fight. It's just the first thing that came to him.
Speaker 4: And I don't know how how many leaders are any people in that situation, Dan would have had the temerity to react with that kind of boldness and strength.
Speaker 3: Well, I think in your life, the life of everybody listening right now, there there's been that moment right that has revealed the best.
Speaker 2: Of your character.
Speaker 3: And in these are moments that can't be scripted, planned prepared for. It's it's as real as it gets. And that moment revealed Trump's true character to America. And it wasn't a surprise to me that he had that kind of character, but I think it was very, very vivid to America. Yeah, and everybody listening right now is probably thinking back on the moment in their life, right because those moments happen and they're in a flash and yeah, remarkable thing. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d An five seven seven three nine. I don't have time to fire up this bridge to nowhere sound on this very expensive bridge Polis wants to build, I guess as a monument to himself legacy project Ryan, How bad would it have to be when your legacy is going to be a bridge over a bunch of sadly addicted people and homeless and Broadway. But it would be it would be a trip, a very fitting legacy for Polis because one of the things we'll talk about as we get to the end of his term is is my math. Right, it's twenty eighteen to twenty twenty six January twenty six, he will.
Speaker 2: Have eight years in office.
Speaker 3: And as I've prepared for this topic and gone through every major category that affects Colorado's in real life quality of life, Colorado is measurably worse in every single category. So I guess that's how you get a bridge over homeless people on Broadway as your legacy.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 3: You know, for an awful lot of people, the most important vote we will ever cast is for our local district attorney. Obviously president has so much more power, et cetera. But you know, what are the chances our vote's going to change that outcome or our vote combined with with maybe a batch of another thousand or two. But when it comes to your local da, oh my lord, nobody else in the entire system has the power to destroy with a word that a local DA has or any big time prosecutor, and nobody has the power to do.
Speaker 2: Such immediate grave injustice in a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: Now I'm talking about elected officials here. So let's go to Danielle Jerinsky, very dynamic city councilwoman from Aurora, high impact. I like to call her, and she is calling for the recall of Amy Patton, who's about six months into her term as DA in a rapo the DA before John Kellner a great deal, a great friend. He's now with our law firm, his managing partner. But this DA a much different approach. Danielle, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. Well, please bring us up to date.
Speaker 3: We've talked a lot obvious, a horrific murder, and it was a vehicular homicide murder of Caitlin Weaver, twenty four, her whole life in front of her, totally innocent run down at ninety miles an hour by a teenager who was here illegally, a teenager driving ninety miles an hour in a residential neighborhood and then all of a sudden gets a plea deal with probations. So take it from there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so when John Kellner was still the DA, he had stated that he was going to seek two years in youth corrections. Now in this state, that's still an injustice obviously, but there's only so much das can do with juvenile But John Kellner had taken a stand and was pushing for two years in youth corrections. That's what the Weaver family believed, you know, was going to be the sentence presented by the DA. And then all of a sudden, you know, Amy Patten gets elected. She throws that right out the window and gives this guy three years probation for essentially the murph.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we'll get Danielle back, but yeah, it ends up getting probation for this homicide.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a homicide.
Speaker 3: When you kill driving recklessly like this, how is it any different than recklessly using a gun.
Speaker 2: It is a homicide. And he ends up with probation for that.
Speaker 3: So Danielle, we'll come back and talk about that, and then we'll want to ask Danielle again about this story that's gone national that she's been quoted in of this, uh, these charges against a Solomon Gallagan thirty three after he allegedly attempted. I think it's on video right to kidnap an eleven year old during recess outside a school in Aurora. So we'll get to the bottom of what is going on there. There's concern that he's just been released into the public following a determination that he was not competent. I think it's more likely that he is confined right now, but I haven't been able to pin that down.
Speaker 2: For a fact.
Speaker 3: So hopefully Danielle can tell us. Danielle, you are back. That is a good thing.
Speaker 10: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 11: I don't know what happened to you.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's no.
Speaker 10: So basically, you know, it's kind of a It was definitely a shock to the Weaver family. I have spoken to John Weaver, Caitlin Weaver's father, and you know, every single one of them got up and spoke at the sentencing hearing and obviously very very emotional, and like I said, the deal that they thought had been made I was going to be made this whole time with John Kellner in office two years in youth corrections was thrown out the window and the DA recommended three years probation and the judge accepted it. And it is just absolutely sickening to me. But but you know, one of Amy. I mean, I was probably the first victim of Amy Patten. Right when she took office, Robin and Icetta had to go up and face what she did with the fake medical records in my situation, you know, when she she conjured up the fake medical records and the burden tumor and the cancer and all that. On seventh felay and three misdemeanors, she was given three years probation. So so there's a trend here with a three years probation and then after that, Uh, activists and Laura who are? Who are? They're not just activists, they're agitators. They were arrested for disobeying lawful orders by the police. I believe in the constitution. I believe in your right to peacefully assemble and even protest, you know, but I don't believe in your right to riot. I don't believe in your right to shut down all lanes of traffic, which is exactly what happened on a Sunday in Aurora. And the police gave several commands for them to you know, open open the streets, open the roadways. They disobeyed them. They were arrested and Emmy Padden immediately dismissed the charges. Immediately dismissed the charges. Then that brings us to Caitlyn Weaver. And then now you're seeing all over in the news what's going on with Solomon Gallaghan. And I understand there's a House bill, you know, kind of tying Amy Patten's hands, that if someone is found unfit to stand trial, that the charges must be dismissed. But in speaking with John Helner yesterday and he shared with me a piece that was bipartisan written by several das and opinion piece, the DA would still have the ability to hold this individual in custody at the State Mental Health Hospital in hopes that they would be able to become fit to stand trial. And instead Amy Padden says that she's just dismissing the charges and releasing this creature back into.
Speaker 2: The city of Aurora.
Speaker 10: So it is for all of those reasons. Amy Padden two day, July fourteenth, has been in office six months. You cannot recall an elected official until they have held office for six months. That is why the recall effort is starting this week. I need just a little over seventy five thousand signatures and Dane, I won't sleep until I get every single one of them.
Speaker 2: Well, please use this show to help get them.
Speaker 3: And I know recalls are brutal, right, how does the rest of the process work. But at a certain point, no matter how long the odd, I think that people need to stand up and have.
Speaker 2: Their voices heard. When when things reach.
Speaker 3: A level where it's no longer a public policy difference, it's a profound moral difference. And we see that in the Weaver case without any question. And and uh, if these reports are accurate that that with Solomon Gallaghan, she had the choice to keep him confined in a mental health facility and instead she chose to release him into the public. If that proves to be true, then I think every decent moral person, Democrat, Republican, are unaffiliated, would need to back a recall.
Speaker 10: I would think so too. And but you know, we only get two hundred words, you know, in our recompetition, so so you know, we're doing the best that we can to convey how horrible Amy Patten has been in just her six months.
Speaker 11: So you know, we're going to make it as clear as possible.
Speaker 10: But I am hoping that the people of a Rapahoe County really come together and cross party lines and really come together for Caitlin Weaver, for the family of this child, Uh that that was uh, you know, almost kidnapped from their school. Yeah, for the people of Aurora who the charges were dismissed against these agitators who shut down all lanes of traffic and and backed up cars for miles and miles. And and for the fact that Robin Maceto was given u three years probation on on seven felonies and three misdemeanors for lying to the court and creating fake medical records, essentially something that had never been heard of in history, you know, something so unreal. She was given three years probation. And uh, I am hoping that people see across party lines how horrible Amy Padden is for a Rapahoe County.
Speaker 3: Now, Daniel, we have about another minute. What would process be if if you are able to get these signatures, when would the election be And is it a simple majority at that point?
Speaker 10: Well, I only have sixty days to get the signatures, and then at that point I think I think it goes to a vote, and I think it I think it is you know, just a simple majority in that vote, and then I'm not sure if a special election is held. I was told that Amy would have five days it's success. If successfully recalled, she would have five days to decide if she was going to resign or rerun for her seat.
Speaker 11: So I guess we'll play it by ear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and let's stay in touch and again, feel free to come back on at any time. I'm going to continue to pursue this Solomon Gallaghan story as well and confirm this reporting that I'm hearing that that he was just released back into the public. And again, if that's true, I would have to think you'll have no trouble getting those signatures across party lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, thanks Danielle.
Speaker 3: How do people follow you and get more info on this recall?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, you can go to Danielle for Aurora dot com, which is it, I mean it is my campaign website, but you can subscribe to my newsletter and I will be putting this out via my newsletter. You can follow me.
Speaker 10: On social media on X on Facebook, on my council page Danielle Jerensky Aurocity Council on X It's just at Danny Drinsky and I we will be having a press conference sometime this week and watching this campaign to recall her, well.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the time today, look forward to the next one.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That is a councilwoman, Danielle Durinsky. Want to get your reaction to this recall effort. When we come back, they rarely succeed, but this one is that going to be different.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 12: From the earliest days of our republic, based Eddy, compass of faith has guided the strong hands of American workers, builders, and.
Speaker 2: Entrepreneurs like really no other.
Speaker 12: Our country was founded by pilgrims and believers, and every generation since Americans of faith have built our communities and forged new industries and enriched our country by millions and millions.
Speaker 2: Of people and ways. John D.
Speaker 12: Rockefeller, J. C. Penny Charles, goodyear, True At Kathy and Frankly, we have people I could name right in this room sitting here that their names are every bit as big as that they were inspired by their love of God. And now the proud tradition continues with all of you, and this group reminds us as a nation that praise is a nation that prospers.
Speaker 3: Great to hear from the President of the United States. Kind of a proud tradition of that, right until we hit the current leftist string of presidents, and my lord, I mean truly, the modern Democratic Party, the modern Democratic Party would would claim that the Declaration of Independence is unconstitutional, right because of its acknowledgment of the simple fact that our rights are from God and not from government, and its reference to divine providence. Okay, we're willing to go out and risk everything, and we know we're probably going to lose, but we're betting everything because we believe God's going to step in and help us. They'd have all that declared unconstitutional. If you accept the modern left's view of the US Constitution, the declaration itself would be unconstitutional.
Speaker 2: Right. That's how crazy it's gotten.
Speaker 3: Three h three someone three eight two five five text d An five seven seven three nine. Ryan is alerting me to calls. I am remote today, so I want to make sure we get all of our callers in as quickly as possible. Oh yeah, yeah, I heard you, Thank you, my friend. And now George Brouckler, is he going to be able to join us on this Solomon Gallaghan story.
Speaker 4: We are reaching out to George. I have sent him a text. Kelly's gonna phone him.
Speaker 3: And if you're not familiar with this name, Solomon Gallaghan, thirty three years old. He's accused of attempting to kidnap an eleven year old during recess at Blackfill's black Forest Hills Elementary School in Aurora. And then Amy Padden, the prosecutor, in a Rappa ho also goes the story move to dismiss the charges against what The New York Post describes as a transgender sex offender accused of trying to kidnap a boy from a schoolyard. Now, the question that I'm trying to pin down is whether the DA then had the ability to keep this accused incarcerated, to keep this accused locked up in a mental facility rather than in a jail. And my belief has always been, Mike and I don't do criminal right, I do catastrophic injury work. But my belief has always been that prosecutors have that alternative and always exercise because as if somebody's two nuts to put on trial, they're two nuts to release into the public. And yet I'm being told in this case from several usually reliable sources that she chose to just release this individual back into the public. So I'm still waiting to officially confirm that, and if it proves to be true, then we're gonna have to have a conversation. More important than that, we're gonna have to have a lot of community action across party lines, because that would just be one of the most unimaginable things a prosecutor could do. So just trying to confirm all of that three or three seOne, three eight, two, five five text d an five seven, seven through nine. But you are never wrong, right Ryan, And it's your belief, it's her belief that he was released into the public.
Speaker 4: Well, this is again, like you said, it's according to reporting from Fox thirty one Digital. I did not find an over the year television story that they did on this, at least not yet, and there could be updates along those lines. But Danielle Durensky seemed to reinforce my interpretter of it, which is exactly what you just said, that this individual was not fit, not competent to stay on trial and therefore they had no other choice but to drop the charges and release them.
Speaker 3: Well, right, and that's what we're trying to confirm. Two steps there, Right, it was there no other choice and if so, if Colorado law has reached that point, that law needs to be changed immediately. If there was another choice and the DA chose to release him, then the people need to release that DA immediately, no matter who the DA is, which political party, et cetera. So yeah, we're trying to pin all of that down, so well, keep you posted on that, and then I really do want to get to this this pulpous bridge to Nowhere story because I think it's so interesting, and we won't have enough time in this segment to play the sound, and the sound is a lot of fun because here's what's going on. You got Polists nearing the end of his eight year run as governor, right, and it's it's strange because it's kind of a Michael Bennett thing. Is anybody he ever done less with more? I mean, when you're given eight years as governor of a state like Colorado and you emerge from that eight years with so little on the positive side and so much on the negative side, you have to ask why, how could that even possibly happen? Can anybody think of one major metric, one really important category in Colorado, whether you're talking about crime, economy, jobs, affordability, homelessness. Can anybody think of one major category where things are better now than when Polists took office. I don't think anybody can. In fact, they're much much worse in almost every category.
Speaker 2: But yet he wants to build this.
Speaker 3: Bridge as a legacy project, and the left is divided on it. We'll touch on that when we get back. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.