Speaker 1: Rip bad news, need advice?
Speaker 2: Who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Come running as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of its kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal in life is to make your life a little bit easier. Are also our goal is to educate. Go after the bad guys. I love exposing the scumbags out there, the contractors that take money and run the people making our lives miserable. And we have this thing called a radio tower, and I guess nowadays two. We also have YouTube, of course, and the iHeart app, which is unbelievable. In our podcast with over fifty thousand down, it's a month, you name it. However we reach you. Our goal is to help you. Three to zero three Martino, as you know that number works on and off the air. Three zero three Martino. Right now you can get right through. We have two lines open. But if you've been ripped off or taking advantage of I want to hear from you. Three zero three Martino. Now, this hour, by the way, is brought to you by Frank Durand the real estate man. You know, Frank made us so much money on our house in Castle Rock. I argued with him for just a second when he wanted to list the price I wanted for the house lower than what I thought we could get for it. But that's what created the bidding war. That was the first part of Frank's secret sauce. And at the end of the day, he got us more for that house in Red Hot, Colorado than any other of the exact same model in the neighborhood. He just killed it, and then he negotiated our new house in frank Town to a wonderful price. He's smart, he's good, and Frank Duran sells more homes in one month than most realators sell in Colorado. Check him out at Frank durand Holmes dot com. In studio with me Paul the water Man, we talk water at least once a month. It's so important. It's something we do all the time. Also Brook with Brooke White with Red Rocks rs Roofinsolar dot com. I got Deputy bow sitting across from me, Deputy Lemitri. We got Kelly answering your phones, and I believe I see Shannon back there running the board three zero three seven one three eight two five five, Paul, every time you come in studio, I look something up. Colorado still faces multiple, multiple water quality challenges. And we'll talk about, uh the forever chemicals, uh, the PFA s's or pfas. But I was reading here there's even leading some water. They're saying the rocky Ford area have some of the highest ratio levels in the nation, in the nation. Where does that come from?
Speaker 5: How?
Speaker 4: How why rocky Ford of all places?
Speaker 3: Do you have any idea?
Speaker 4: It's it's decayed rock. That's what it is. That's what radium is. What does it do to the human body when you ingest it? It can it can cause cancer you ingest it. It's also radium rate on gas. So it's basically water decaying rock. I mean rock, even when you break it down, is radioactive. They're all over the federal limits. They also say La hunta so in Swink. I have never heard of Swink, Colorado, but La Hunt Swink and rocky Ford have some of the highest levels exceeding the federal limits in the entire country. You know, the easiest way to remove a radium radium.
Speaker 6: A water softener, A water soft A water softener will remove that from the water supply.
Speaker 4: Just a softener, just a softener.
Speaker 6: Now, if you have radium rate on gas, now different radium and ra on or two different things, but radium is removed just by water softener.
Speaker 4: This is still amazing. I go on to read this. This is from a government website. Rocky Ford, Colorado specifically was identified as having the worst radium content in the nation. Yeah, that's and that's new. This is all right new. And then the EPA, of course they're actively monitoring the pfas in the Colorado supply because they're going up for people that don't understand what pfas are. My saying that right, Yeah, p fis PfP fix. That was what I was looking for. So it's plastic and it's kind of crazy because it's.
Speaker 6: Forever chemical market. It's a forever chemical that's made from teflon production. And what it is is that it's something that's been going on since the nineteen seventies. The EPA started recognizing it based on lawsuits in the nineteen nineties. So it's something that.
Speaker 4: This paper cardboard food packaging in other words, you know, take home containers, popcorn bags, pizza boxes, ready made cakes, nonstick cookwaar textiles, this one's interesting. Waterproof outdoor clothing and equipment, carpets, mattresses, what's that stuff we used to spray Scotch guard That must be literally pifis and a can.
Speaker 6: Well, the firefighters that have developed cancer is because of their suits coated with.
Speaker 4: Pifis, coded with it. Cosmetics meaning conditioners, foundation cream, sunscreen, electronics, virtually anything with plastics in it. It's everywhere. And the problem now is you want to get rid of it is best you can, and you can get rid of it in water. But we've talked about this, Paul, you eat a steak, the chances of that steak not having any pifis is almost impossible. Everything in the world.
Speaker 6: It's contaminate with pevas because they don't go away in microplastics, they go hand in hand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really ridiculous.
Speaker 6: This is not an easy fix. Our water problem is a generational issue. Is going to take generations to fix it because the contamination is so widespread and with pevas in microplastics. Fox News and Mother's Day did report that in your brain there's enough plastic in your brain to make up a plastic fork.
Speaker 4: I've always said that about Dmitri exactly that. I've always said there's enough plastic in his brain to make an entire spork.
Speaker 7: That explains a few things.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, it's crazy. So we're going to be talking about it. But people think water systems. When my wife thought of a water system, you know why she wanted it. It had nothing to do with any of the stuff we're talking about. It's the hair. All about the hair. We were in Louisiana and we were at a hotel, nice hotel, and she took a shower and got out and all I heard was, oh my god, this is the best water for my hair ever. And she went down. I didn't know this, but she literally talked to the management and wanted to figure out why the water was so good, and they're like, we have a certain softener here, and we have them in a lot of our chains. It was the war Waldorf and we have them and we put them in and people love them. And I ended up calling you, yes, sir, not long after, So thanks, thanks for that, Hilton Hilton Properties, thanks a lot for that. So, I mean, that's why she wanted it. We've had your system now, Paul, for my god, two years, maybe even longer. I really thought the maintenance was going to be an issue. You know, we're empty nesters. I put a bag of sault in. I buy the salt at Sam's Club. And the salt's like five bucks. Yep, it's forty pounds if I recall, maybe fifty and I just buy one. I bring it down there. I put it in there maybe every maybe every four is six months, And I probably could get away with less, quite frankly, because when I look down there, there's always salt in there.
Speaker 6: But two people don't use a lot of water, and the system is based on usage.
Speaker 4: And I've noticed a big time too. I will say this. During the winter, I tend to get a little irritated in my skin, and the water does seem a little uh kind of hate to use this word, but oily, slimy, slickery, slickery, Yeah, a little slimy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a little slimy.
Speaker 4: But it seems to help the skin.
Speaker 6: But well, you know what that is, that's your pores, that's your natural oils. What was causing dry skin was trapped soap got it. And so when I was at Tom's house, we did the washcloth test. We took you know, soft water rinsed to wash cloth, and he saw the trap soap come out.
Speaker 4: That's what happens. And so now your pores are opened up.
Speaker 8: So what happens to all that salt? Because I've noticed the water doesn't taste salty.
Speaker 4: Well, I was afraid of that too. It does zero to the flavor of our water. Dimitri it did absolutely nothing. And we're on a well, I mean, we've got we've got good water as far as I know.
Speaker 7: Where does the salt go?
Speaker 6: It's a chemical exchange, great question. So the salt is converted to a saline. The saline is a detergent. So then what happens is is hardness is calcium carbonate, and then you have sodium chloride. So then the sodium right in the carbonate state in the water that's baking soda. The calcium chloride go down the drain. So the calcium feeds the bacteria in the leech field.
Speaker 4: Literally that's the drain coming out of it, going into our main drain. That's it in the utility room. That's right.
Speaker 6: So it's not so you're not salt. Salt's not in the water. But when you separate it, because that's what Resin does. It separates, then you're basically the byproduct is baking soda.
Speaker 4: That's not all right, Listen, we got to take a break. I'm gonna come back Stefan, Lynn and whoever's on three. You guys are coming up. I promise right after this three zero three Martin know we're gonna have one line open three zero three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right three O three seven one three eight eight two five five. Surprising amount of emails from us just having that water conversation. We're going to go back to that eventually. But Lynn, Hey, what is going on. You've got a question about a handyman service or something along those lines. Mark, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 11: Yes, we have a handle on a shower door that keeps coming off and we cannot put it back on, and we can't remember who the company was that put it in the shower door, and we've called other door places, you know, to come out.
Speaker 4: And what kind of handle is it? I'm trying to picture it.
Speaker 11: It's a metal handle on a glass door.
Speaker 4: So does it come off like it's sticky and it's not resticking.
Speaker 11: No, it's a screws on.
Speaker 4: And the screw keeps coming loose.
Speaker 11: Right, and the whole thing fall comes off.
Speaker 4: And how many screws are there?
Speaker 11: I don't know. I think there's only one.
Speaker 4: I would just get a locknut. And when you put the screw back in when it comes off, does it come all the way out?
Speaker 11: It does come all the way out, and it just hangs by, you know, just hangs there.
Speaker 4: I get not a locknut. What I meant was a lockwasher.
Speaker 3: So basically where you can.
Speaker 11: Get I'm eighty three and blind. I'm the one who's blind with that had the telephone problem. Oh okay, and my husband's eighty six. He can't see it at all.
Speaker 4: So how long has it take to come off?
Speaker 12: In?
Speaker 4: What area are you? A?
Speaker 11: Uh, we're over here in near the green. Where are we? Let's see we're on Orchard and Holly.
Speaker 4: Oh you're not far from here? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, right, you know where they library.
Speaker 4: Oh, we're gonna we're gonna get it fixed for you. So you know what I'm saying, right, just a little uh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have a feeling. It's an easy one to solve. Nothing is broken, right, did you say?
Speaker 11: No, it's not broken, it's just I wonder if we need a better handle.
Speaker 4: No, you just need that one to stick. Well, he'll, I bought it doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: You want me to stop buying and take a look at it?
Speaker 13: Yea.
Speaker 7: If it's something, it can be fixed.
Speaker 11: Yeah. Am I going to be home?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I can't.
Speaker 4: He'll afterwards and make I'll make a metro call you and figured it out. But you're not far from the station.
Speaker 11: No, I'm on Orchard and Holly right there where the near the library where the theb.
Speaker 4: On the library?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm going to put you on hold landing. Kelly's going to get your information your phone number. Go ahead, and grab her address to Kelly while she's offline. Get that to Dmitri. He's going to call you after the show and set something up. But I can't imagine why a little lockwasher wouldn't just fix that.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 4: It's only one screw. I'm having trouble trying to picture it.
Speaker 7: But we'll get a figure.
Speaker 8: You don't have any dangerous dogs or alligators or poisonous snakes or anything at all.
Speaker 4: Do you have any alligators in the house, lind or Doberman's or what is your husband? Housebroken? He won't bite?
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, no, he won't. No, but let me ask you. We have an animal that is digging in the pillow that took care of the sprinkling system. Yeah, show that there's a hole near the foundation where the crawl space is.
Speaker 4: Well, let me tell you, if Dmitri comes out, he'll make friends with it.
Speaker 11: Okay, we don't know who to call to find out if it went in the cross space.
Speaker 4: Do this when you're out there, eyeball it and if it's something that's going to cause some issues, I'll give her. I know you hate this, but a form of extermination.
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, animals should be trapped and relocated.
Speaker 4: But I'll take a look at the whole endeh, we.
Speaker 11: Want to know if that there's something building in the in the cross space, probably one.
Speaker 4: Of those pesky squirrels.
Speaker 7: Is here anything in the crawl space?
Speaker 11: Sometimes I do, But what do you hear.
Speaker 7: Coming from the cross space?
Speaker 11: I don't hear anything. Now, technically my husband has hearing it.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe, Well, I'm going to help you.
Speaker 7: I'll take a look at the whole. I recognize it.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: You got it. Hold on now, let me put you on hold. Okay, We've got one line open soon to be to make sure we get our information. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off, need some help. We also have a list of attorneys at referral list dot com free legal advice. Whatever you got cooking, Stefan, What is going on with you?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 15: I was just calling to give ada boy. A few weeks ago. My wife we were talking and she'd been wanting central air conditioning in our house for a while.
Speaker 4: Hey, what did you do prior? You just didn't have AC?
Speaker 15: Yeah, we didn't. We didn't have I had the house built twenty five years ago, and we were using those little what I like to call the R two D two units per room that you put in the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're pretty yuch to house. Some of them were expensive to run, the older ones. You know what's interesting though, You must have had a furnace of course, and then you add all the duct works. So all you had to do is basically add the unit. Right.
Speaker 15: Yes, But the house, like I said, I had built twenty five years ago, and when they came out, I knew that we were gonna have to get a new for it. The system runs on the furnace, yep, so we're gonna have to a furnace as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 15: The Tom Martina Show and he mentioned Smith Plumbing.
Speaker 4: Oh Smith, and oh my god. Mike Robinson is the nicest guy man, you know. He played uh for the CFL. He also played I forget He played for the NFL one season two. I forget where, but he played for the CFL. He's also an accountant and a hell of a business man. He has brought Smith plumbing, cooling, heating, and electric and Colorado springs from like one man in a truck when he bought it up to one hundred trucks and a bunch of great employees. Some of the best pricing in Colorado Springs. He's really incredible. How much was the whole system?
Speaker 6: I'm curious the I got the two phase Justin Scanelli is the guy that came out and gave me the estimate.
Speaker 3: He's very cool. All of them great, very cool.
Speaker 15: The whole system was just under twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Be nice. And that's brand new and you've got it. Sounds like a high efficiency too, Yes, I did. Did you guys do Their financing is unbelievable as well. Yes, yeah, they have something like I'm not going to quote it. I just remember looking at bullet points for a recorded spot I was doing for them, But basically it was like two years maybe three years, absolutely zero interest. So I mean, that was a pretty good deal. But hey, man, I appreciate it, and I know Mike the owner would definitely appreciate you calling in there, brother.
Speaker 15: Okay, and I appreciate them. I'm just so glad I have to be listening because you know, there's so many people you can call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a few shysters in Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs is kind of a it's a funny area. I mean, Denver, there's plenty of good companies because it's bigger and a lot more companies come this direction, especially the size of Smith just because of how massive is and that's why he grew it so quick out there. It's that customer service at great pricing, all of that. In fact, I was gonna give their website out since you just called in. It's kind of cool. It's like pink trucks. Dang it, what is your website? Hold on, I'm just gonna have to find it Smith Plumbing there. I just can't explain what a great guy is too. He really super good guy. And they're the people with the pink trucks. His wife is actually on the side of all those vehicles. She's a great lady too. And now I'm finding it right here. It is Smith Pink Trucks dot com. Smith Pink Trucks dot com. We're gonna take a quick break. We'll be back. We got lines open three zero three seven, one three eight two five five.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Three time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You got any questions, you've been ripped off, or you just want to tell us about a bad guy, maybe we can help you get some money back. In fact, we've gotten over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise, exchanges and refunds. Two great guests today, Brook White, I'm going to talk to you now on some solar stuff. You know, we heard that solar credits. Since Trump's been in office, I don't know what's going on with grants solar tax credits. So I need you to kind of tell everybody where we're at there. If you get a solar system, now let's say it's residential, let's start with that, Brook, Is there still the federal tax credit is there a Colorado tax credit.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so the.
Speaker 12: Stanate of Colorado has never had a tax credit or tax benefits to do residential projects. They just do batteries. Right now, the federal tax credit is thirty percent, but it is right now up for debate.
Speaker 16: So whether or not that's going to.
Speaker 4: End end this year yep, right now. Would it end at the end of the year or could it end like in a week.
Speaker 16: No, it would.
Speaker 12: Stop being in effect December thirty first to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: And I guess, oh, I see, unless they renew it. And I would assume, I would assume, like you have to have the system running by that time. It's got to be online.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the utility company has to accept the project. The tax credits right now for residential were set to expire in twenty thirty four. Trump in his first round had actually extended them, but the Congress has just passed a legislation to maybe end it this year. Okay, So it's just up for debate. So with that being said, that's up in the air exactly. So what that being said, if you wanted to do solar on your house, I would make sure that you had that plan done before July first, because you do have to have the utility company accept it, and that's a long process.
Speaker 4: So you got to get that order in if you want to make sure to get under exactly. Yeah, what's your gut say? Is a going away? What do you think? I have no idea.
Speaker 16: Yeah, who knows? As far as the commercial tax credits.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, let's go back to the battery. Why does Colorado I don't understand. I guess you probably don't understand the logic either, But why isn't there a credit on the solar aspect of it? But there is on the battery. I don't get that.
Speaker 12: What I really appreciate about the State of Colorado is they're not going to give tax payer money and waste it.
Speaker 16: So instead of giving tax credits.
Speaker 12: What they do is they may the utility company give you retail value for the power you give them.
Speaker 16: So I think that makes a lot more sense. And it's a plan.
Speaker 4: And if you how does that work with the battery?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 4: Where does that battery tie into this?
Speaker 12: So the reason the battery is getting additional benefits is because the state of Colorado wants to go one hundred percent electric by twenty forty one.
Speaker 16: Hundred percent renewable by twenty fifty.
Speaker 12: So in order to hit those goals, they need battery batteries exactly, And what does a battery Let's say a standard house, whatever that looks like these days?
Speaker 4: How big of Tell me? Does it look like a coffin? I mean, like how big is it? Yeah?
Speaker 12: So it's like two checked bags for the airport is about the size of one battery.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's pretty cool, and that would keep give me an example of what that would keep running. I mean, let's say you're off grid, you'd probably have a bigger battery, right.
Speaker 12: You would have a lot more batteries if you're going to or generate or something. Yeah, exactly, if you're going off grid, you need to have at least fifteen kilograss do.
Speaker 4: Those systems left and right? Don't you off grid?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 16: We do off grid system You generally.
Speaker 4: Put batteries in these, Like say someone's got a nice retreat in the mountains, a cabin and you know it's solar and they have a battery backup or is it generally a generator or what both?
Speaker 12: I would say most of the time, off grade systems are going to have a solar system.
Speaker 16: A battery and a generator.
Speaker 4: At three all three and you guys can do all that exactly to use Genera.
Speaker 16: Uh, we like Generaic. Absolutely, they're a great generator company.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: It just depends on what the homeowner's goals are and what they're looking to do.
Speaker 4: How about did a house though, so Highlands ranch, whatever, just a normal house. I get the size of the battery backup, they necessarily don't usually get a generator. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. But if they don't, and they lose power when those batteries kick on. So let's say they use lose utility power. How long do those two suitcase size batteries keep things going? I mean, in other words, the let's say you turn the air conditioner off, but other than the air condition I assume you can watch TV. Your refrigerators are running stuff like that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, absolutely, you can keep it running as long as daylight hits.
Speaker 12: Two batteries should be able to sustain you for indefinite amount of time. So as long as it's not blackout conditions, you know, every time the stuff comes up exactly yep, and so then overnight, you know, the batteries can definitely power the energy needs overnight until the sun comes back up the next day.
Speaker 4: Do people have the utility company charging the battery? So if it's like a cloudy for a week, I mean, just like a big blizzard something where the solar's not going to do anything, can you charge the batteries off the grid.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you can have it that way.
Speaker 12: It just depends on how you set up the software for the battery. So the battery is really cool where you can plug and play and do a variety of different things with it.
Speaker 4: Because I was taking with an electric car and I have one, in fact, we have two now, it would be pretty strange. You lose power and you know, you got to charge your car. I assume that battery would just transfer right over to the car and charge it. I mean I realized that's a lot of juice, but it could definitely charge it right.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Absolutely.
Speaker 12: It just depends on the battery capacity and if you can just plug the car in directly into that or if it would have to go through the main panel.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Okay, but you guys take care of all that. How about let's get right to it price wise, you guys on a standard system. My understanding from you is you're going to be pretty much anybody.
Speaker 16: Out there, I would say we're definitely middle of the road.
Speaker 12: We're definitely not on the high end, and by no means are we going to be the cheapest.
Speaker 16: I think the difference on us is that.
Speaker 12: Whatever we agree to is what we agree to, regardless of what might come up on the projects, and that we come out and we fix with you.
Speaker 4: You're not going to hit with a ten thousand dollars change order. You're going to get it done for.
Speaker 16: That original bit exactly.
Speaker 4: And then if it's supposed to be done at the end of August, and that's kind of a guarantee. And if it's not done at the end of August, you're going to pay the utility bills exactly. Yep. I would that actually happen.
Speaker 12: It's pretty rare that we have to take over those aspects. Most of the time. What happens is I build up relationships with clients, so we just pay for their electric bill until their system comes up and running.
Speaker 16: Anyways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 12: Before the six month time period, because I'm more about making sure folks are happy, and that's another thing that working with us. You know, we just had a client that we redid some electrical work for his garage. He asked for Hey, I forgot to add this, that and the other. We're already doing the work. I was like, yeap, that's not a big deal. That's half a day of labor, maybe a couple hundred dollars in materials.
Speaker 16: We'll just do it for you.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So we we try really hard to avoid change orders because I'm more of the mindset of like taking care of your neighbor kind of mentality.
Speaker 4: Well, a lot of these companies in the solar industry, the big complaints we've gotten over the years is this, I bought it, I got a problem with it. I called the people that sold it to me, and they're pointing to this other company that did the installation. So the same and the installation arm are like entirely two different corporations all together, and they're doing the old pointing at each other, which is kind of insane. You guys are all in house.
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely, and oftentimes we take over projects that previous installers have done. Like you said, the industry is kind of a mess, especially with I.
Speaker 4: Wonder why it started. I wonder how it got that way. I mean, like really, why did all these companies pop up where all they do is get a contract sign they literally knock on your door, or they sell it to you through costco or wherever. I mean, I'm just saying anywhere, And basically they get to sign contract. Then when they turn that sign contract in, they get paid whatever their sales commission is and then they're pretty much done onto the next sale. I mean, if there's any issue going forward, you really have nothing to do with that person that is the one that's hold it to you. Why do you think the industry ended up that way?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 12: So, the the sales folks actually don't get paid until the system's installed. Everything in solar works when the system gets installed, but installation doesn't mean that it's up and running right. There's a big difference between getting something on your roof and getting the utility company to accept.
Speaker 16: It and power on. So that's always where that disconnectre to.
Speaker 4: Say, a salesperson generally.
Speaker 16: Get paid right when it's installed, so.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily up producing power, but when it's on the roof or on the field or.
Speaker 16: Wherever, and that delay is the big issue.
Speaker 3: All right, listen, we're going to take a break.
Speaker 4: I got open lines three oh three seven one three eight two five five. On top of that, when we come back, we're going to be talking about what she does commercially. And we have listeners and lots of them that have had one hundred and twenty percent of their solar system paid for through grant money. It's a free solar system, and they're charging people that live in their properties electricity just like utilities, so they're making money off of it. Everybody holds tight.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three o three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, we're gonna have three hours to go. Michael's got a question for Red Rocks roof and solar. Michael, what is your question?
Speaker 5: Hey, Mark, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm great, Michael, how are you.
Speaker 13: Good?
Speaker 17: So we are My wife and I.
Speaker 5: We bought a house twelve years ago in uh snock On golf course. Yeah, and we put in a solar system and we leased it and it's gone through a few companies. I think now Tesla owns the paper.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: And the question is what we're getting.
Speaker 18: Ready to sell it?
Speaker 5: The political climate here has become too undigestible, so we're moving to Utah and selling the house.
Speaker 4: So the question is, yeah, how do you sell it with the leases?
Speaker 5: Sell the house? Yeah, the solar still has the lease.
Speaker 18: Ya do we sell the lease?
Speaker 17: I would say the house or separately.
Speaker 4: Well, a couple of things, and I'll let Brook talk. But one we can get Brad O'Brien on to look at the actual agreement for you. He's a real estate attorney. But I would say there's generally a buyout, right Brooke. I mean in the lease, like after an X amount and you could accelerate that then own the system. I mean every lease is a little different, but generally speaking, do you know the answer to that? Michael?
Speaker 3: Is there a buyout price on it.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know, and the problem is that I've never heard of one without a Okay, well yeah that then there probably is one.
Speaker 4: So then you would buy it out or the new buyer would agree, just like they do with an HOA, they would agree that they're going to take over, but the solar company Tesla in this case might actually have to agree to have them on the hook instead of you guys. But Brooke, go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 16: That's correct, Mark.
Speaker 12: So you can buy out the system and then you sell the house and the systems tied to that, or you have the new homeowners try to take over the lease. Now, the difference is that eventually that lease is going to be up, so twenty years or whatever that might be, if that residential tax credit goes away, and then the new homeowners no longer get thirty percent if they buy the system, and if they don't want to buy the system, then whoever owns the system or whoever they're leasing from will actually come out and repo the system, which will leave the roof and disarray. So in my opinion, I would buy the system and then you get the thirty percent tax credit, Michael, and that will make the house sale better and it won't leave any question marks for a potential buyer.
Speaker 4: Especially if you can use that tax credit this year. I mean, give me an idea. I mean, I can I actually know the neighborhood he's talking about, So I would assume that solar systems maybe I don't know, forty to fifty grand.
Speaker 16: Well, how long has it been in service? A while?
Speaker 5: It has, It's been twelve years.
Speaker 3: Does it work?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm curious on this. Here's a twelve year old system. I mean, does it generate most of your bill or fifty percent of it? Or I mean, give us a real give us a real take on how you like the solar system. Does it a least offset the least payment and then also pay for a little power?
Speaker 5: You know it does absolutely? You know, we would do it again, got it, but we didn't think we were going to sell. But yeah, I just I was thinking about that, and I'm like, well, who's gonna buy a least solar system?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Who would write a contract for that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You know what I'm gonna do. I'm going to put you, Michael on hold. You don't need to stay though, just keep listening, because we've got a break coming up. But if you have any questions, I mean, you can leave Kelly your number and Brooke can reach you later on. But this is I wanted to bring this up, Brooke. If something like that broke and let's say they owned it, wasn't least and he said that thing's been turned over to two or three companies, possibly now it's Tesla. You guys can fix any solar system, right, I mean, if someone's got a broken panel or something, Let's pretend this guy owned it and the company he dealt with is out of business. You guys can fix that. And you've always told me if the panel's still under warranty, as long as you can get the warranty fulfilled by the manufacturer of the panel, you'll just charge the labor exactly.
Speaker 14: Ye.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. I love that deal. And then Michael, just so you know, the other thing is Kelly try to get Brad O'Brien on. I want to ask him if he's done any contracts on homes that have a solar kit on him or a solar system on him, because I'm kind of curious how that goes. The other thing we're going to dive into. I've already had two questions by text for water pros. Of course, the first one, Paul, is how much your system start at? Everybody does go right for the pricing on stuff, So I guess that all depends the point of use, Like if you only want to protect the kitchen sink, for example.
Speaker 6: Yeah, drinking water reverse house, Moses, is it starts at eleven installed.
Speaker 4: And that that's anything that comes out of that one tap, and then probably the refrigerator feed too, correct, okay, and then so your ice would be covered. But that's the only place you're going to drink water with that protection. Absolutely, that's it. And then how about a whole house system. Let's say you want what's the mac daddy these days? Like the one I bought from you was the softener, and it was about thirty five hundred.
Speaker 3: I want you to tell afterwards.
Speaker 4: I want to hear the true price, and I already have an idea if you're still doing the special. But this thing will get rid of the chlorine, It'll get rid of the p fase. Correct, it'll soften the water, which also gets rid of that rocky Ford radium. It gets rid of the radium. It's the all in wonder all in one and wait till you hear the price of that. Look we got lines open. I'd love to hear from you. Three oh three Moreartino.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ye rid news need.
Speaker 12: So you don't have the.
Speaker 1: Run insous as fast as you can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez's.
Speaker 4: Welcome my friends to the only show that's kay. You're here to solve problems, answer your questions eight complaints. If you've been ripped off or need some help, This, my friends, is a show for you. Over three hundred million dollars in cash merchandise exchanges, refund services. I think you get the point. You got a bad contractor maybe you got a bad landlord. Maybe you got a question, maybe you want some advice before you find yourself in a spot where you lost money. But we aggressively go after the bad guys. If there's a contractor in your life that is taking money or not finished the job, we want to hear from you. Please spread the word to your friends, your family, everybody out there. The phone number right now open lines three oh three seven one, three eight two five five three zero three Martino. You can also reach us at trouble or I'm sorry. You can also reach us at help at troubleshooter dot com. That's HLP at troubleshooter dot com. If we're not live on the show. In either case, we'll reach back out to you. We'll get you lined up for the show, will help you out a goal in life. Three zero three Martino. Now I want to go back to Paul the Waterman. You got a system. This system does what go ahead? We already talked about it. Paul the Waterman. I bought my water system from him. He's been with the show on the referral list for years. And years, But the bottom line is best for less. That's the way he puts it. You're going to get a system for up to i'd even say two thirds lower in some cases. I mean, like, really, Paul, it's crazy. So right now, there's a lot there's a lot of Shenanigans run the water bas That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 6: There is seems like some companies want to part water softeners like a price of reference air condition replacement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they want Seriously, I'm not going to say the name of it because I've got some other people on the referral list that sell some of the systems. But we had a big argument one time about this particular brand that I don't even know how it works. It doesn't literally soften the water, but they call it a water softener and be because it was in a heating system, like a floor heating system, it ended up corroding and it just caused a lot of damage over a long period of time. And the system itself was I want to say it was fifteen thousand dollars. That's right, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 6: Fifteen thousand thousand, absolutely correct. So we have what's called the Echopromax. It's a multimedia uses KDF fifty five activated carbon in the top chamber, water softing resin in the bottom. That's going to remove the total chlorine content of forever chemicals. The p files give you soft water. It's back. The KDF fifty five is bacteria resistant smart computer system. And then you get rid of the p fobs, right, get rid of the total chlorine content, have soft water.
Speaker 4: So that basically important. And that stuff we were talking about in Rocky for that's right, radium and the reason it gets rid of that is a water softeners that's right. The resume re moves radium and baranium. How big is that system compared to like what you guys installed? My house is same size, same thing, same size, Okay, cool, yeah, same size.
Speaker 6: So right now, for you know, everybody that listens to this show, we'll do it for thirty six ninety five installed.
Speaker 4: That's unbelievable. Thirty six ninety five.
Speaker 6: Thirty six ninety five installed, and I know our competitors are twice or three times that amount just for a base water softener.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for for not even getting rid of the p fops. And that gets rid of it in every single room, every single that's not a point of use. No, it's a whole house, complete whole house. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And in the manufacturer right now is offering a limited lifetime warranty with this product. So the filter media, you know, have a ten to twelve year lifespan, so you're not having recurring revenue replacing any of the filtration media. It's just you know, using the watersofting salt, which is the determed.
Speaker 4: Got you into this man? When I hear you and people can't understand this unless you know Paul off Air. He'll call me up literally when an article comes out about a certain reservoir somewhere that they found this or that in it.
Speaker 3: It's really nuts.
Speaker 4: When I say he lives and breathes what he does, I'm not kidding now, granted, he's probably not very fun at a party. You heard him just describe that system. It sounded more like a Ferrari or something. It's got, you know, eight hundred horsepower in a two farb fiber carbons something something something. But he lives and breezes and what the hell got you into it? Like, did you know someone that got sick from water?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 4: Back in the day, in the early nineties, I got out of college. I was selling pointed sales software, you know, the computers, the three eighty six to four quick books whatever, right, okay, And it was like nobody wanted to learn, and it was it was a drag. So I went to a gentleman that was selling water softer that gave him my spiel and he said, okay, he gave you a shot.
Speaker 6: That's right, And I fell in love with it. And then after doing research and studying the water quality, you know, you learn so much. The thing that scares me, to be very candid with you, is, I truly don't believe that white now our water is safe for human consumption because of all the contaminants.
Speaker 4: What was that city where a people there was lead all over the place and they kind to Michigan yet flats. Yeah, and the FEDS covered it up, the local government covered it up. In fact, my understanding is till this day it's still messed up. I'll tell you what they're covering up.
Speaker 6: Pharmaceuticals right now, because it's an unregistered contaminant.
Speaker 4: If you what is having an unregistered Oh, because it's in our urine, it's in our I read that I heard. If you went and tested in certain bodies of water, certain water systems. You would find opiates, you would find cocaine as literally all this stuff passes right into the water.
Speaker 6: So the EPA, if it's an unregistered contaminant, then local municipalities don't have to test for it. It's not monitored, but the EPA does. For example, one four dioxin is a carcinogen that has been in the water supply since eighteen nineties, and yet it's still unregulated contaminant because it's in our shops and shampoops.
Speaker 4: How about stuff like in the mines we have in Colorado. You know, I go up and play poker occasionally and there's all these old mines. I don't know what they mind. I'm sure some are gold, but they mined a lot more than that. I heard one of them had a big leak a while back. You get it contaminated all the water around it.
Speaker 6: That's right, and you can you can there's uranium that can that's this huge problem. We have natural fluoride that's an issue in Colorado, especially in the foothills. So you know, those are contaminants that are regulated, Those are contaminants that have EPA standards, But you know p files. For example, Mark was was a contamination that was happening.
Speaker 4: They didn't even know about it. They did, they knew about it, but they covered it up.
Speaker 6: DuPont and Threem covered it up, and then the EPA knew about it in the nineties because there were lawsuits, but we didn't know about it because they kept it under wraps. There's whole communities in North Carolina that you know, the du Pond and three M have to provide residents free reverse hosmosis units because the water is still continued to this day.
Speaker 4: So what's the worst in Colorado that you know of? It's the p files in the no no I mean the worst municipality or the worst whatever aquaif for. I don't know the worst.
Speaker 6: So I think, all right, castle Rock it scares me because they're at thirty five percent reusable water. I don't think they've done the science to realize, well, what.
Speaker 4: Does that mean? So everything? Thirty five? Wait a minute, wait a minute, so thirty five tell me if I say this right, thirty five percent of what you drink in Castle Rock from your house or business from a tap is the same thing we flush down the toilet correct after it's been treated.
Speaker 6: Well, it's the only thing they do to treat it is remove the bio solids, which is the solid waste. Yeah, then they inject it with a whole bunch of catcher causing disinfecting agents and give it right back to us.
Speaker 4: Well, so they basically bleach it up. If that's it, that's it. And then is that where a lot of the chlorine comes from? Is because you're treating it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they use a chloromine, so they mixed ammonia with it becausechlorine by itself would dissipate, so when you had the ammonia to it, it stays, it doesn't go away, It builds up in the hot water heater.
Speaker 4: So they get rid of the solids. I can picture that just like a like at my house. You know, we're on a septic sis, the same same setup, exact same thing. So they get rid of it. Then the other ones kind of everything else kind of floats to the leech field. What do they do with that stuff?
Speaker 6: So it'd be that same setup in your house, right, it's the leechfield water that would go back into the public heavily bleached.
Speaker 4: So that's okay. And then a lot of that though with the with the PI files, because there's going to be p FI. They don't treat for p files. I can't treat for prefis.
Speaker 6: That's why the EPA right now extended the deadline because manufact the water treatment.
Speaker 4: But wait, wait, here's what I'm getting to. So when that goes into what we're calling the leech field or in Castle Rock, back into the drinking water system, that it doesn't get rid of those right, and then I assume some of that probably seeps back down into the ground. Correct, it eventually gets used. Yet again, that's right.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying is they haven't done the science to see what the contamination levels increase in pharmaceuticals. If pharmaceuticals aren't tested, how do you know then what the byproduct is when you go to reusable water.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. Hold on, we got to take a break, and once again, you want to get that system. Pauls them. Man I bought mine from him and there was no trade out. We bade him whatever the special was, and we've loved the system. Now he's got one that does virtually everything, and it's thirty six hundred bucks all in and you can go to waterpros dot net. That's waterpros dot net. Now we've got a question on solar. We've got art art you're gonna be up next, and then I do add Brad O'Brien on which is going to talk about some of the solar questions our last caller had. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off or taking advantage, Jeff, give me something to think my teeth and there must be a bad mechanic out there somewhere.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Alright, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Any questions you have on solar, of course, water systems. What's going on in different communities, please feel free to call in. Also, anything uh ripped off taking advantage of bad mechanic, bad contractor bad Dennis, you get the idea freeze zero three Martino, you can get through right now. Art, I'll come to you right after this, expert. Hey, Brad O'Brien, how are you doing today, Sir Mark, I'm doing great. Man, Hey, have you seen and if so, what did you learn and how to get around it? The best way. When someone sells a house that has a solar system on it that is connected to at lease on the system, have you dealt with anything like this?
Speaker 19: Sure? Normally that would be assigned by the seller and assumed by the buyer, and they would a closing. There would be like a one page document take care of that. The solar company might even have the form for the parties to use.
Speaker 4: So the solar company generally, like a mortgage company, generally, isn't going to step in and go, hey, we're not going to allow this other person to take it over because you know their credit score is not as high as yours. In other words, it should be pretty straightforward.
Speaker 19: I don't think there normally is a credit check or income qualification on a buyer's assuming it's just assumable.
Speaker 4: So the original agreement is basically assumable. It's more of on the property than it is with the purchaser or the buyer normally it would be.
Speaker 19: But of course you have to look at the actual rental agreement. Yeah, see what the provisions are for assignment assumption and make sure you follow those. For instance, there's probably a notice provision you have to give notice the house its own.
Speaker 4: You know what's interesting, Brad, you made me think of something. I don't know if you've seen these, but Brooke brook White, she owns red rocks, roof and solars sitting next to me a guest in like you are all the time, and she's got to deal with government grants. We've had people that have actually owned duplexes and quad plexes or you know, commercial property and they rent it out. They go in there, they put a solar system in. Remember it's got to be commercial in this case, and with the grant money have gotten one hundred and twenty percent of it paid for, so it's basically free. But then they charge their tenants, right Brooke, I mean the landlord at that point will charge their tenants for the power they used, just like a electric company, so they actually make money on that. They got the solar system paid for, and then they charged the tenants for the electricity. Right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, depending on where you're at, you can either charge them directly for the or you can just increase overall rent to have that benefit.
Speaker 4: So the Brad, the reason I said that to you is, how would you if you were a landlord and all of a sudden, now you're the utility. You would probably have to go back in and redo the lease, or probably not, just because you know, I guess if they went from Excel to somebody else, you wouldn't have to change anything in the lease.
Speaker 19: I'm not aware that the utilities are acting as less ors. I think it's third parties for are doing that go ahead. Typically the buyers take it over, take over the payments.
Speaker 8: Hey, Brad, of these assumable leases that you've worked on, did you find that the original that the original I guess signer to the least the apbolic gore who's now selling the house. Does this person remain on the hook in case the new owner defaults like a timeshare.
Speaker 19: Well, you have to go to the actual language of the of the lease agreement to see if if the lease is assumable I mean assignable, and if in that case the seller gets released from it, personally released from their liability. You'd expect that to happen, but get to look at the actual agreement. Now, even if the agreement doesn't have that, you could still have the the less the the renting company sign the content that the seller is released.
Speaker 4: Hey, Brad, have you dealt with any cases with solar where someone wants solar but like an HOA or someone doesn't want to allow him to have it.
Speaker 19: I've seen pushback of course Kaiawa. The HOA Statute provides that HOA cannot prohibit solar arrays.
Speaker 13: But they have some disc.
Speaker 19: To you know, cut for cosmetic purposes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't want a big, bad and nasty Yeah, to.
Speaker 19: Make it maybe not visible from the street. But it's really hard for them to even do that.
Speaker 4: Hey, Brad, I really do appreciate it, man, Everybody out there. Brad O'Brien. You can find them on a referral list at referral list dot com. His website is O L S Law dot com O L Slaw dot com and I don't care. If you're a landlord. I don't care if you're looking to rent your first commercial piece of property. You're dealing with a property line dispute. You got a neighbor whose trees are growing over anything you can imagine, commercial or residential when it comes to real estate. He is our expert, and that is ol Slaw dot Com. I appreciate that, Art. What is going on with you, Art?
Speaker 14: Good morning, I've listened to your show for decades.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, Art.
Speaker 14: I appreciate advice. I have a question that's very specific, but I want to do what is customary has a small businessman. I've had plenty of experience with insurance claims through common carriers. I'm actually off an extremely valuable watch. What the six figures?
Speaker 4: Well, what what makes it valuable?
Speaker 14: They've been around for about one hundred years. It's a work of art. To look at it. Their trade one of their trademarks. Most people have never heard of the brand.
Speaker 4: But what is the art?
Speaker 14: I'm dying Autumn March Pique, the same family that's made handmade Swiss watches. They make the watch so you can see through it both sides.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sorry you're going to have to either spell that or say it again? What is it called?
Speaker 14: Certainly auto? Mark A you D E M A R S.
Speaker 4: Got it? Yes, it is silent it Mark got it? I found it? Wow, p I g U E T Man and their their.
Speaker 14: Maintained the music. It's been in my family for seventy years.
Speaker 4: How interesting is that?
Speaker 14: Oh, you'd love to look at it. But whether it's little kids or grown adults, some people who just stare at it.
Speaker 7: All right, what model is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What model do you have?
Speaker 14: It's a rectangular ce true movement and it's in gold.
Speaker 7: Right, but what's it does it have? Does the model have a name?
Speaker 4: It's probably so old. It's not like they were. They were all probably handmade.
Speaker 14: Right, Oh, positively? And he waited some months. It's like ordering a boat or something.
Speaker 4: Who ordered it?
Speaker 3: Your father?
Speaker 4: Or who was it?
Speaker 14: My father bought it at the store in Switzerland. Who said the original buyer who waited months canceled the order?
Speaker 4: What did your what did your dad pay for it?
Speaker 14: I have no idea, but it's now in the multiples of tens of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 4: So you think this thing could be worth forty to one hundred thousand.
Speaker 14: Well it's a public TV radio show. Yeah, I should stop there.
Speaker 4: Well, no one knows who you are, where you live. But hold on one second, and I think, I think I understand what your question. Is the best way to actually sell this in a safe way and get a fair price.
Speaker 14: Right, Well, it was planned to be auctioned off, but the sales reps for the first time, I don't know, twenty or thirty years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just don't see.
Speaker 14: I don't eye. But what caught me?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, hold on, let me take this break. I'll get back to you and we'll figure out where this is going. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. I got two lines open. I want to hear from you right now. Three oh three Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 10: Find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 9: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of I want to hear from you. We've got a lot cook in the day. I do have two and I mean two two two lines open. I'm looking for that bad contractor I am. I feel like I feel like that one. I don't know why, d but I do. I feel like I want to hear about that dirt bag.
Speaker 8: Well, maybe we should page through the you know, through our through our some of our notebooks that Bow and I keep and provide some updates on some of the scumbags that we've dealt with.
Speaker 4: We will, We're going to do some updates. But we do have two lines open. And Art, I want to finish up with you. Art's got this watch. What's it called? I've already forgot?
Speaker 14: Skeleton watch? Is the reference name?
Speaker 3: Did you find one of those?
Speaker 7: I didn't look? I didn't.
Speaker 4: I never got the showing price wise on these things.
Speaker 8: Right, they're definitely in the six ditchits, so these are before the decimal point.
Speaker 4: They're big time some that are I was going to say, there's some that are way up there. So it's like kind of like a I don't know, like a rolex.
Speaker 7: Uh no, a lot more expensive than a than a roll than I got a.
Speaker 4: Relax at home. I bought it in New York City. It was twenty two bucks.
Speaker 8: Look, so some of these skeleton the modern skeletons are in the quarter million dollar range.
Speaker 2: God and his.
Speaker 13: Ancient but it is.
Speaker 14: I'll just leave it a pat.
Speaker 4: Well, what do you what question can we help you with? What is your question for us?
Speaker 14: You'll you'll be familiar with it. I was absolutely stunned when the national sales rep who has been with him for many years, said, they'll send me the box, the shipping box within a box to protect it. And all I had to do was take it to the shipper. I didn't have to ensure it. And to me, that means if there's a loss.
Speaker 4: They are you do you still have possession of this watch?
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, okay, don't you ever ever let some box show up, put this watch in it and bring it anywhere.
Speaker 14: Exactly. And I've lost a friendship of thirty years. He doesn't want to speak to me because He introduced me to the national sales director for.
Speaker 18: I think.
Speaker 7: A question, scammer.
Speaker 8: This kind of a watch, somebody's going to come out from a reputable auction house. Someone will come out, pick it up, give you a receipt, and they'll fly back with it.
Speaker 7: This isn't the kind of thing you mail back and forth.
Speaker 4: No, it's insane, man, I don't even know why.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Thank you for validating. Because I've been in business for thirty years, I've never heard of such an How old are you are, I'm in my seventies.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hey, do you have the phone number to this guy that's trying to do this uh this uh thing?
Speaker 14: I don't have it in front of me, but I.
Speaker 4: Would love to have one of our deputies reach out to him and kindkind of get a little better understanding idea of why you're such a scumbag. Go ahead, go.
Speaker 8: Ahead, all right, something else I'd like to all right, hold on, let me let me flip over to the more practical side of this matter. This is the kind of watch that's sold by reputable auction houses. So have you established any contacts at places like sotherbes or someone like them to chat with their watch department and see if they're interested in selling it for you.
Speaker 14: The national sales rep and I have a peculiar personality.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait? Who's the national sales rep?
Speaker 13: Of?
Speaker 14: What you know? Of four fine watches at a house?
Speaker 4: Which one? He said, Southern Bees? I said Southern Bees? Art never told.
Speaker 14: Us, So I apologize.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter, you're not. That's not how they do business. So is what we're saying, gettings. I think you should give us a phone number and let us check it out.
Speaker 3: Well, just don't.
Speaker 4: Don't you put that box that watch in a box? Just don't do it.
Speaker 14: Look man, well it's easy a box that they shipped to me.
Speaker 4: But is there an address on the box? Well?
Speaker 14: He hasn't followed through on that part.
Speaker 4: And is wait wait wait wait wait, Art, you're all over the place. Let me just ask you some real basic questions. Did someone send you a.
Speaker 14: Box they have offered to Okay, so.
Speaker 4: No one has sent you a box? Did How did they get your address? How did they get your phone number?
Speaker 14: Through a friend that han his roles that he was given on retirement.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I would not do whatever you're thinking about. Period end of story.
Speaker 14: You need to thank you. You validated my Okay, I you know.
Speaker 4: Do you want to know how to sell it properly? Is that what this call is about?
Speaker 14: Well, the main thing was ensuring it.
Speaker 4: That's not that's not That's not my question. Here's what Are you looking to sell this very expensive watch.
Speaker 14: Desperately? Because it's either or my house.
Speaker 13: That Yes?
Speaker 7: Did you say you want to sell it?
Speaker 13: Or do?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: Did you say?
Speaker 18: All?
Speaker 14: Oh, desperately? I'm I hesitate to say this public here?
Speaker 4: Well then don't I mean listen, it's a yes or no? Do you want to sell the watch? Yes? Okay, let's try to get here's what I want to do. Let me put you on hold. Don't go anywhere Kelly Mark Machowski. See if you can get him on if you go to referral list he owns. Just type in the keyword gold and pull it up. I can't think of the words. But he's a nu mestic something someone helped me here. He knows everything.
Speaker 8: About coins, oh, numismatics except that's the one.
Speaker 4: He's one of those. But he also deals with very rare antiques and he knows all the auction houses. He's going to have some good insight, not only just to get a real value of what it could go for an auction, but how the hell to auction it.
Speaker 8: Like Christie, Like he actually has contacts of Christie's and Sabab's and places like that.
Speaker 4: Correct, And maybe he's got someone that knows literally about watches. And I trust the guy. I've known him for Oh my god, we've known him here at the show for twenty thirty years. All right, We're going to start with us him for I've used him to evaluate some coins. He's a very smart on old coins silver. That dude knows coins. All he does is travel around the country. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, of course. I mean it's not some points. He's a fair guy. Some coins are just spot meaning whatever the metal is worth. And then the other ones there's some that actually has exture out yeah, uncirculated. So art hold on, We're going to try to get him up to kind of help you out here. And then Steve Moss real quick, listen, anybody out there that likes brewery, Suzanne and myself love going to breweries when we travel around in RV around the country. It's one of the things we do. We love trying out local beers. This guy opened the new one, Steve Moss. If you don't know who he is. A couple real quick things. One, this guy does our theme song when we open this show up. That's him literally playing in the guitars singing. He did the words, he did everything. He's done the tree Farm jingle, which if you've lived in Colorado over one season, you've heard it everywhere from TV to radio to everywhere. And he's done a ton of jingles or theme songs, whatever you want to call him. So that's where he makes all his bread and butter. But his passion is Rock and Roll Brewery. And Suzanne and I were down there a couple weeks pre it opening it up. It finally opened up. It's only open on Saturdays. Only anybody out there that has people that love beer and love corn hole. Now. The only reason I bring up cornhole is this weekend, this Saturday. You gotta sign up now, though not only is it a corn hole tournament where you can win if you're good at it. You know, two hundred to five hundred dollars depending on how many people show up for the tournament, and you get Bennett's No, not Bennett's Barbecue. What barbecue place is catering, Steve famous, his famous Dave's is catering. So you're gonna get barbecue, you're gonna get a beer, and then of course you can purchase more beer and merch from Rockin' Roll Brewery. Plus, listen to this, you also get a NASCAR VIP Speedway ticket right for everybody that signs up.
Speaker 13: It's good for the two thy twenty five Taliroado National Speedway season, any race this season, and it's VIP. Where you get VIP parking, you'll get entrance to the Rock and Roll Brewery beer garden, nice Colorado Speedway.
Speaker 4: And then that's how he gets these VIP tickets. He's the main beer supplier out there. But his beers are unbelievable. I'll get right to the part I like. I like your IPAs, but the people we went out there with listen to this, guys, sixteen, how many beers do you have now? Sixteen and we're talking high quality, We're not talking any junk. This guy's passion is this. But how many beers Steve.
Speaker 13: Well, we have sixteen available right now and we're going to be.
Speaker 14: Brewing a bourbon nice ipa soon.
Speaker 4: So that means, what is it that's a traditional I PA or what are you doing? Like a West coast East coast?
Speaker 13: It's going to be like a real good, high quality English ale with a lot of hops. I think it's going to be an English ipa with a aged Oakes barrel bourbon aging. You're gonna love his art too, special edition.
Speaker 4: When you look at his cans and stuff, You're gonna love his art. It's incredible. But I'm gonna I'm gonna recap real quick this Saturday cornhole tournament. You get the speedway ticket, you get the barbecue. He's gonna have barbecue out there, and then you're gonna get a beer, and then of course you can buy other beers. And then you enter into the corn hole tournament. What's the total cost per person? And it's limited. You can only do twenty five people. I'm not going to get into why. But it's only twenty five and he's got about ten of them so far. So if you're actually good at cornhole, this could be a real quick way to put you know, a few hundred bucks in your pocket. But Steve, tell them, tell them all the details real quick for Saturday.
Speaker 13: Okay, first of all, make sure you go to rock and roll dot Beer. That's not dot com rocknroll dot Beer. Go to the appointments page, and everybody, if you're in front of a computer right now, look at the T shirts, the merchandise a page and the T shirts. Who's gonna I'm gonna offer Tom Martinos, uh listeners today. I really want you guys over here. I'd like to have five or six more people in this tournament. If you guys sign a seventy five dollars, which you know, if that's entry into they could win five hundred bucks. But you know, we're not experts. We might even do blind doubles where you don't even know who your partner is. We don't want pros going there. We want to have some fun. But I'm gonna offer them a I hate doing this. I'm gonna give them an addition to all this other stuff. I'm gonna give them a free brewery embroidered logo hat, nice and a two for one. If you go on the T shirts page, look look under the mango shirt.
Speaker 4: You're gonna love a shirt audition.
Speaker 13: It's a special edition spandex and polyester wrap around shirt. It's really cool. It bust us a lot of money. I mean these things cost me.
Speaker 3: Now, werena two for one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were wearing those out there. So seventy five bucks gets you the barbecue, it gets you a beer, it gives you the VIP Speedway ticket, it gets you an embroidered hat from the brewery, and if you do buy a shirt, buy one, get one free on the shirt. I love it. Man. If I could be out there this weekend, I'd be out there, But I'm gonna be out at one of your events to come. But he's gonna be doing stuff, but this one. If you enjoy cornhole and you enjoy breweries, you're gonna love this place. It's very unique, and I mean that it's cool. It's set up beautifully and the whole theme, of course is rock and roll, so that's rock the letter n rock and roll dot Beer. Go get signed up right now. You're gonna love it. If you love beer, You're absolutely gonna love this place. Rock and roll dot Beer. Thanks Steve. I'll mention it again in about an hour or so. If you did not sell out, I'll check with you. But get in there now. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a.
Speaker 10: Cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 9: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. Hey, I got an expert on, Mark Matshowski. Mark, I just need to ask you really quick. It's got nothing to do with this guy. Art calls up. He's an older guy, okay, and he's got to watch that apparently is worth quarter million plus. It's a what is it called d.
Speaker 8: It's uh, it's autumn. It's a Swiss autumn Mars. And the second word is it's spelled piage but he pronounced like picquets.
Speaker 4: But it's it's like a see through watch. It's over one hundred years old. Everything we're seeing, You know, this thing could be worth anywhere from one hundred to half a million dollars. Okay, but it's got nothing. It's got I'm not asking you what the value of it is. He needs to sell it. So when you deal with something that's very expensive, and I know you deal with some coins that are absolutely insane, how does that typically work if you want to get to an auction with it? I mean, he had one guy reach out to him and say, Hey, I'm going to send you a box. Just put it in the box and I pre labeled it and you don't even have to know. Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 21: So yeah, So a lot of times, like when I'm getting big coin collections and they're really high end coins, I do those on consignment to get more money for the customer. Now, I know several people that deal in high end watches, so I think what would be best for me to help him out, is he if he would just call me on my direct line, maybe he can send me some pictures of this watch. I can forward that pictures, those pictures over to people that I know and have known for a long time, and see what I can do to assist him with getting it sold.
Speaker 4: All right, do you know about like Southerb's and stuff.
Speaker 3: Though, how some of this auction stuff sure heritage?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, hold on, man, if you we can call them back to but Art and then I'll see if Art has any more questions. These guys are telling me he might be losing his house if he doesn't get this sold quick. So everybody holds tight. We got some lives open. Three oh three Martino three oh three seven one three eight two five five go.
Speaker 9: With a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yea ripped off, You don't have.
Speaker 1: Run just as fast as.
Speaker 2: We can show.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 18: Come man, this is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martinez, Well.
Speaker 4: My friends to the old show, this guy. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. If you've been ripped off or have any questions whatsoever, we want to hear from you. I have two deputies right next to me, Deputy d Deputy Bow, ready to take on anything you got going these two have. I mean, honestly, Deputy Bow. I remember when you almost got thrown in jail. We got a call from him at an apartment complex because some dead beat apartment manager tote some car of someone that actually lived there. And I don't even want to like recap the whole story, but the next thing I hear, they called the cops on me, and you know what, BO said, I'll be right here when they show up. I gave them a description so they wouldn't have to bother with it. You know that was crazy, man, but that's what these guys do. In fact, we'll get into updates in a second, but if you have any issues out there and need some help, now's a great time to call. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. I also have two referral list members and I really like a lot, Paul Doubting and Brook White. Brook White is Red Rock solar or roofing in solar and Paul doubting is water pros. They're just great people, a wealth of knowledge. They're both hard workers and that's what I really like. In fact, I'm going to tell you something about Brook. Brook is amazing when it comes to solar. She started a company that has done so well in Colorado. It's crazy. It doesn't matter commercial or residential, anything solar. They can repair old systems because the company you bought it from went out of business. In fact, we've had callers call in and say, not only did she come out and repair our system, but she informed us that part of it was under warranty from the manufacturer and she got that paid for. I mean, that's amazing and just charges labor on it. But here's what I love everything about Brook. But here's what amazes me. Anytime I call up, just like when I need an expert, an attorney, or a water expert like Paul. During the show, I'll say, Hey, Kelly, get on our solar expert Brook. Every time, because of the time of the show, I assume she's on a roof not only is she the owner and has salespeople. I'll be like, she'll be on the air and I'm hearing Hey, I'm like, Brook, where are you at? She's like, Oh, I'm up on a roof. I mean, not only is she the owner, but you've done every part. You've done sales, you've done installation, you've done repairs, you've worked with Excel, You've done every aspect of your business.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, that's the only way you know how it's going to get done.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 4: I love it. She literally learned the solar business top to bottom. What is your favorite if you could only choose one role? Okay, let's say you know whatever, you could only choose one role, would it be sales? Would it be like troubleshooting people's problems with old systems? Would it be installation of a new residential system? Or an array like in a field, a commercial array. What if you could only do one thing day to day in solar what would it be?
Speaker 16: Definitely solar fields.
Speaker 12: And the reason being is that it creates the community to become the utility company, so the community actually makes money off of it, and the folks within that community have about half or less of their electric bill, so everybody saves. Plus they're just really cool intricate projects.
Speaker 4: So when you have an array, explain that a little bit. You told me about one. You have a around Cripple Creek. Did I get that right?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 16: Cripple Creeky.
Speaker 4: So you know somebody up there, do they actually have an array or they have the land that is ready to have an array built.
Speaker 12: So we're doing that project there. Okay, they have the land, we've got the contracts, we're working with Black Helse get everything through.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 12: Because of that, the family that owns the land and is doing the project, they're going to make generational wealth on this and the community of Cripple Creek itself, their utility bill has been going to be permanently cut in half.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 4: And here's the part I didn't understand till I met you. When someone does an array like that in a community, is that literally with the municipality the city you.
Speaker 12: It depends on how you tie it together, but yeah, absolutely the municipality can be.
Speaker 16: Part of that.
Speaker 4: And then so these people are going to create this huge array on their land. How big is this one going to be?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 4: How many panels?
Speaker 16: Roughly it's a five megoat system.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 16: A lot of acres.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of acre.
Speaker 4: Oh so it's huge.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's a big field.
Speaker 4: So it's going to generate a ton And part of the reason you get grant money. Now, this part's incredible. How much out of pocket if all the grant money comes true and everything goes the way you think it's going to go, how much eventually out of pocket will be on this solar system.
Speaker 16: Nothing.
Speaker 12: The family's actually going to make forty percent of the project with the grants and the tax credits that they have.
Speaker 4: Think about that, But Paul, with the grants and tax credits, they get this array for free when it's all said and done. Now, the bad news for people listening is you got to have that money up front to fund the whole project. Then when it's done, then when it's online, she goes out and grabs you the grant money. And we have tons of listeners that have done it. So then the whole thing's paid for. And the reason there's grant money. Do you know why there's grant money? Nothing to do with the green news steel anymore, nothing to do with that. And I didn't realize this. The reason a lot of these communities and even the Feds have grant money is because you have to offer your life electricity because now you're an electric company for less than what the utility sells it for. Right, isn't there a minimum?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Absolutely. So there's a twofold thing.
Speaker 12: The first one is you're getting power to folks more reliably that are in communities that have struggled, whether that's just because of you know, in cripple crickets mountains, it's hard for that infrastructure to exist, yeah, or whatever else is.
Speaker 16: Going to it's old.
Speaker 12: And then the second piece is exactly like what you said, it's offering folks another option.
Speaker 4: To compete with that bad power if you will.
Speaker 12: In that case, yeah, utility companies and railroads are the only monopolies left in the US. Right, you don't have an option on what you can do, at least in the state of Colorado.
Speaker 16: For who you get power through.
Speaker 4: Yes see, So think about that. So now you get the system eventually for free, you get all your money back on the infrastructure, it's up and running. You are now competing directly with who is it up there is in Black Hills? Who is it Black Kills? So now you're completely giving everybody there an option even the commercial people like those casinos. Isn't that a little casino town.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, it's a big casino town. So that system is going to power the entire town.
Speaker 4: So but I'm saying so the casinos can literally say we don't want Black Hills anymore. And the reason they would do it, and I'm talking to Paul the waterman, the reason they would do it is they save a minimum of what fifty fifty percent? So if they're electric bills whatever, twenty thousand a month, now they're a ten thousand a month yep. So it's a win win win. You get a free system, you get that money.
Speaker 6: It's insane, man, How long in that utility, the original investment?
Speaker 4: How long does it take for them to get their money back? Yeah? When is it up? In this particular one, When would you guess it's up and running? With checks coming in from the grant money? How much is going to be outlaid if you don't mind a million, two million, five million, ten million?
Speaker 16: How does it all work?
Speaker 12: So, because it's a commercial tax credit, they're able to access those tax credits immediately.
Speaker 16: So based on how we organize it, they're actually.
Speaker 12: Never out of pocket because the grant that we're using funds with the project.
Speaker 16: It's a match. It's not. After the project's up and running.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of pocket expense for the for the landowner.
Speaker 12: They started with a five percent out of pocket, but they received that immediately back on tax credits. So there it's like a thirty day delay.
Speaker 4: Now I ask this, So let's say, how many tax credits do you think the whole thing will get at the end.
Speaker 12: Ninety four percent of the projects covered with tax credits.
Speaker 4: Okay, so now you're going to go listen, if you're if you're smart, and people listening going, well, my god, that's going to be what is that five million dollars in tax credits?
Speaker 16: Close to fourteen million?
Speaker 4: Fourteen million in tax credits. Most people are going to go, I would never spend fourteen million dollars on taxes in my life. I simply don't make that. I got all this upfront money to start and array because I own the property and basically maybe my pair has passed away and left me some money, but I'll never use those tax credits. Right in the tax credit, that's exactly what it is. It offsets taxes. You, So listen to this tell them.
Speaker 16: Brook, you can sell your tax credit.
Speaker 4: You can sell your tax credit.
Speaker 16: Yep, you can sell your taxes.
Speaker 3: It's almost like an auction now.
Speaker 4: For them and big corporations, not just big corporations, people that got big taxes. So do they do they? They say pennies on what seventy five?
Speaker 16: There you get seventy cents on the dollar.
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 4: So the person that buys them, think about it. The person that buys them is saving thirty percent on their taxes. Wow.
Speaker 12: And then on top of it, the utility company also wins because the state of Colorado just passed legislation that they have to have so much of their infrastructure supported by solar system production as well.
Speaker 4: It is such a win win. The important part is when you go into something like this, your team up with someone like Brooke who knows what the hell they're doing. Not only that they know how to build the array, but more importantly, she knows how to get the money. That's the most important. I always say in your spots when I do them for you, Brook's got a nose for smelling the money. What about it? And it's true, what about snow?
Speaker 6: I mean, do you have to go out there if you know it's going to snow in the mountain, snow could cover the solar panels. I mean, do you have to keep track of that or does the sun melt the snow off?
Speaker 4: I mean, great question.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it is so with a solar field, they're all ground mounts. So you could have somebody if you're getting like a I don't know, four foot thing of snow, come out and just take a broom and brush through the acres. But they're solar panels that are angled and they're above ground to a certain extent, so you'd have to have like a very big amount of snow to totally block I mean you're talking like ten feet of snow if something like that.
Speaker 4: Actually, do the panels themselves move or no? Do they follow the sun or their stationary You can have.
Speaker 16: Them follow the sun.
Speaker 12: I prefer stationary because the more moving parts you have, the more break exactly. And if you do bifacial panels, which means at the front and the back of the panels absorb and do the production aspect of it, you're really not gaining much by having the tracking versus having it bifacial.
Speaker 4: Well, they just a big array like that feedback to the grid. In other words, if all the casinos and homes aren't using all the power it.
Speaker 16: Generates, absolutely back to the grid.
Speaker 4: And they pay for it.
Speaker 16: Yep, it's a retail value.
Speaker 4: You can't look so it's insane.
Speaker 8: The example that you just cited, roughly speaking, once it's online, roughly speaking, what is the monthly revenue for the electricity sales? And the second part of my question is, roughly speaking, what is the annual deterioration rate and production capacity of this system?
Speaker 4: The appreciation that's what he.
Speaker 8: Say, like the actual degradation and power generating capacity.
Speaker 12: Absolutely so the solar panels them, that's a solar panel part. They are warranty to do a point zero two five percent degradation annually. So it's very minimal what your production degradation is going to go down by.
Speaker 16: And I always say check the National Renewable Energy Lab n r e L.
Speaker 12: You can put in your details on your address, your system size, and it will give you an accurate description of what your system should produce. Because you don't want to trust a salesperson they're going to tell you it's going to produce a ton.
Speaker 8: Roughly speaking, what would what would that person get every month from the power company after selling them the power.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So for the project that we're talking about, I mean it's over the lifespan of the system.
Speaker 16: You're talking about one hundred and twenty million that these folks are going to make.
Speaker 3: What's how many years?
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's based.
Speaker 4: On the years forty years, twenty years.
Speaker 16: Because for a project like a million a.
Speaker 12: Year, it's a twenty twenty year contract with a utility company. At your twenty one, you just renegotiate that contract.
Speaker 4: Because or sell it or whatever.
Speaker 16: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So I'm telling you the problem is getting into something like this. You got to have the money in the first place, and the land, yeah, or the credit to get everything put together right, And the land's a big one.
Speaker 12: I mean, the land is easy to do because you can add the purchase of the land to the solar agreement and then get the tax credits on that.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, So then in theory you could buy land with no money.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh yeah, that's true. Listen to that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, your issue is having tax credits.
Speaker 4: There's a place up and coming, Like if I wanted to get five people together and do something huge like this, because I know certain areas it just wouldn't matter. For example, way out in Kiowa, I can't imagine you would do something like this because it's just too far away or what.
Speaker 12: No, Actually, far away is better because you get more tax credits because of that.
Speaker 16: You want to do so.
Speaker 12: In Colorado, anything down south is usually considered anything.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on, hold on, let me take this break now. I'm like, my brain is my cash register and my brain is ticking it literally is everybody hold tight? We got a couple of lines open in Tammy, I promise you I will get to you in fact real quick. What is the problem with roofing, Tammy? Did the roofers show up not show up? A bad job? Give me the basics really fast, okay.
Speaker 22: Really fast. In twenty eleven, my roof was replaced by a rioting company. They did a fine job, okay, but they put on a malarkey roof, which is a fifty year warranty.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 22: I found out last year when I went to change my gutters to make them bigger, because yeah, I know, ye hie. Well, I found out last year that my singles are degraded to the point where you can't even tell if I ever had hail damage or not.
Speaker 4: I got you as malarkey is. The manufacturers still around her. They had of business, they are.
Speaker 22: Still They're huge.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on, hold on, now, I get the idea of it, and I've got the perfect guy I can ask how to get a warranty through that company. Plus we'll finish up that call. Everybody hanged tight. And by the way, redrocksars dot com is Brooks website. And then Paul Downing, We're going to talk more water too, but waterpros dot net. Everybody chill, will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a.
Speaker 10: Cent until you're content than.
Speaker 9: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Three seven three eight two five five You know behind the scenes it's going crazy here. I think I got a investment thing that literally I'm going to get involved in. And in fact, it's kind of funny just going around the table. Everybody's pretty uh happy. Hey, I do have an expert, dough Tammy, I have our expert. Henry Brett's listening in right now. So isn't it Henry, Yeah, you had a malarkey roof installed ten years ago. Roughly, no, fourteen years.
Speaker 22: Ago, I think, yeah, twenty eleven.
Speaker 4: So in twenty eleven you had it, and it's degraded to the point where I assume it's an asphalt roof, right, yeah, so there's no more granules.
Speaker 22: And the granules are.
Speaker 3: Gone, so it's just wear and tear.
Speaker 4: And it had a fifty year apparently it's covered for fifty years the materials, right, that's.
Speaker 22: What it said. So when I found out, just so you know, when I found out last year, of course, you know, I got on their website. They do it by you know, an inkerment, So you're one hundred percent insured for so long, then you're less insured. Let's insured.
Speaker 14: Less insured.
Speaker 22: Never was at fifty, I mean it would have never been fifty. But when I got online last year, I was still under the fifteen year mark where they said that it was still one hundred percent covered.
Speaker 4: So where are we at now? Have you called up?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 22: I tried calling a million people last year?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, like, who have you called? If you called the manufacturer? Is it really called malarkey? Am I crazy? Isn't that what Joe Biden says all the time? Oh that's malarkey, that is Yeah, but that's got to be the worst name. I would never buy a malarkey roof. Yeah, it's literally called malarkey.
Speaker 22: Well, yeah, malarkey.
Speaker 4: That's the almost thing I have ever heard.
Speaker 22: And of course I didn't care about that word back then. I mean you know I didn't. We didn't have somebody ruined in our country back then, well we didn't have Biden doing it. But anyway, that being said, Yeah, I called and called. I left messages because every time I would, I would get a number.
Speaker 4: Was hit a number on malarkey?
Speaker 24: Right, yeah with ma.
Speaker 3: Did you ever get let me.
Speaker 4: Speed you up a little tammy? Did you ever get through to him?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 22: So I had a guy come by the other day, the walk up guy, And because I knew about this issue, I had him. I told him the story, and he said, oh, no, we can get that thing care of. And then he finds out that it's not one hundred percent covered anymore. They've changed their warranty, which you know, if you look, I have the warrant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why you said it was within that fifteen year period. But you actually have the warranty. What is the warranty state that you have? Roughly or not.
Speaker 22: Roughly fifty It just does fifty years?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: Hold one is saying, let me lock you in. Hey, Henry Brett's what's going on? Henry Hey?
Speaker 13: Mark?
Speaker 24: So it's it's Henry Brett. And Jay Bretts is also here.
Speaker 4: Hey, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 2: Big man?
Speaker 4: Hey? First of all, malarkey. They actually named their product mallarkey. Am I crazy?
Speaker 24: That is the whole company malarkey.
Speaker 13: It was the guy's last name, is what it was.
Speaker 3: You know, we had a contractor.
Speaker 4: We had a contractor in Colorado Springs called Oops Construction, and I thought that was the dumbest damn name I ever heard. Now I'm like, mallarkey. But but guys, please shed light onto this what she should do, how it's supposed to work.
Speaker 22: Please so well, before you do this company called Native Yeah said, oh no, we're you know, we're pretty big. You know what, We've got a Malarkey rep. We're going to talk to him. And I was like, no way.
Speaker 4: So what happened though.
Speaker 22: Well, the Malarkey doesn't want to cover my roost?
Speaker 4: Why why are they saying they're not going to cover it? Then I got to let these guys get involved. What why are they saying.
Speaker 22: Now that they're not saying min They're just not they're just but.
Speaker 4: You've never talked to Malarkey. Okay, now hold on, I'm putting her hold so guys please jump in here.
Speaker 17: So the warranty from Malarkey, it's pro rated, so that means that it's gonna get lesser and lesser over the years. And what she's talking about that granule loss is pretty consistent with asphalt roofs. There may be a possibility that there's a defect where it shedded more granules. But I mean, we're big fans of Owen's Corning because Owen's Cornering, they have a great warranty and they stand behind their work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what is it?
Speaker 4: But Henry, what is this lady? What can she possibly do? I mean, even if it's pro rated, it's and if it's a fifty year roof, she should only be looking at x amount. If can you guys say, get the product pro rated and have them do the right thing, then you guys charge your labor. I mean, I don't know, like what are her options?
Speaker 13: So her her.
Speaker 24: Best option would be filing a warranty claim through Malarkey and then getting the Malarkey rep out there into starting the process and really pushing Hart on it. Because she has that warranty, she should really uh, you know, use it to the extent.
Speaker 25: Of what is offered.
Speaker 24: And if they're gonna push back on it, you know, I'd really just push hard on the Mallarkey rep and the Mallarkey warranty to get as much of the thing covered as possible.
Speaker 4: She's in Colorado, I think, didn't she say she's in Colorado Springs or my nuts? Hold on, let me ask her some Hey, where are you located, Tammy.
Speaker 22: I'm in Elizabeth And it's always been filed to Malarkey through this Native company, and no one from Malarkey has contacted me. And now apparently Native isn't going to bat for me either anymore, because I don't know why he hasn't told me.
Speaker 2: Why do you.
Speaker 4: Got to be Henry? Do you have to be a malarkey supplier in order to get a warranty for a customer? And then is it generally just on the materials, whether it's pro rated or covered one hundred percent? How do most how does that work?
Speaker 13: So Mark?
Speaker 24: How about usually works if it's just a material only warranty in most cases? And to answer your question, no, you don't have to be a specific malarkey company. And really what that company should have done was taken off some of the shingles and sent them into Mallarchy.
Speaker 4: But they're not.
Speaker 3: It doesn't that's what you guys talk to me.
Speaker 24: Like they're really handling this correctly. Absolutely, what we would do is we would pull off a couple of the shingles, send them to Mallarchy, and then prove if they're defective or not right, because that's what the warrant she's gonna cover. I think she needs a better contract work.
Speaker 4: Can you guess? In my opinion, do you guys mind going out? You guys go to Elizabeth?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 17: Yeah, absolutely, we can take care of that, can you.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 4: Here's what I want to do, Tammy. I'm gonna have Excel Roofing come out and like get involved in this and figure out what's going on. But I want you to understand something. You know, if it's a pro rated roof, you'll get the materials for whatever the pro ration is. They're going to fight and get whatever they can for you. But whatever it is is what it is, and that's gonna be for the materials. You're still gonna have to pay labor to put the roof on. But I mean, you're gonna save a lot of money if they can get a warranty from you. So I just want to make sure you're on that understanding.
Speaker 22: Well, I absolutely am, because great, I can't use I can't file an insurance claim because it's so degraded.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 22: You can't even tell if it's hail.
Speaker 13: I got it.
Speaker 4: Let me put you on hold. So let's make sure we have all our information, Kelly, and we're going to pass that along to Henry here. Henry on a side.
Speaker 24: Note, got quick, okay, So a lot just so all the people listening know, a lot of these companies claim they have a lifetime warranty, but it's pretty misleading because they do this pro pro rated program where they devalue the roof. And that's why we love Owen's Corning. For the first ten years. Owen's Corning pays for everything, and that's why we even the labor, even labor, that's incredible, everything, labor, permit, dump fees, everything, and so like, in my opinion, a lot of asphalt shingles are pretty similar. Right, it's just granules and the fiberglass and everything. It's really the company that stands behind it. You know, if no One's Corning stands behind their materiity.
Speaker 4: You brought up something good, and I want to explain this to people. So in my Goodyear days, we would have a war road hazard product. So in other words, if your tire blew out and you bought the insurance policy, we give you a free tire, and when you were through the good Year network, that's exactly how it would work. But Big Oh and a lot of these other people on the road hazard, if you add fifty percent of that tire then you had a sidewall blowout, you would get fifty percent off your next tire. And that was very misleading as well, So I appreciate you bringing that up. Henry. On a total side note, you told me Colorado Springs got nailed with hell, we've been lucky here in Denver. What areas of the springs got nailed and you guys are out there. I mean, we'll give the phone number out there in the springs here in a second, but what areas should people go out and look?
Speaker 24: So we experience some insize hail and it was a little pocket up north. I don't have that address right off the top of my head, but it wasn't a major storm, but there were some areas that certainly got some hail.
Speaker 4: Excellent, So people, if you got hailed, these guys will come out. Never call your insurance company first ever. It's going to end up on your clue report. You call a good roof for like Excel Roofing that's been around forever, and once again, you don't pay a cent to your content and they help out our listeners like Tammy all the time. But you call them out, they'll look at it and they'll say, hey, yeah, you do have damage. Time to call the insurance company or they'll say no, there's no damage there. You're going to do yourself a wrong by calling the insurance company and excel Roofing. You can reach them at excel roofing dot com. That's the easiest. They have the Denver location. They have up north and then Colorado Springs has a seven to one nine phone number. I simply don't have it up here, so go to excel roofing dot com and Dragon's about to kick me in the face if I don't do this.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh.
Speaker 4: Three seven one three eight two five five. I love solving problems, answering questions, taken complaints, you have anything, go on, we want to hear from you. Three h three Martino. I got a few lines open, three zero three Martino. You can call that number right now, get through. Deputy Dmitri's actually headed out to a caller in the first hour. Nice older woman called in somewhere in her eighties. She's blind, her husband is not doing great, but the door handle keeps falling off their shower and they happen to live right around here in the tech center. So Dmitri's literally heading out there to see if he can fix it up. But the interesting part was this, there's a hole in their backyard and something's living in it, according to the woman. So not only is Dmitri going to fix the door handle, next hour, we're going to find out what has made a home possibly under their house. And I'm dying to know. Could it be a raccoon? Could it be a squirrel? Could it be a very small midget? What could be thing back there? Baby gator? I don't know. You got a question for Brook, What say you? Robert?
Speaker 25: Yeah, I was calling about the h the power grid thing. I was wondering, what are the insurance costs per month on such a big field like that.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good question. Let's talk about the expense side. So you build a five acre array or two acre whatever we're talking about. Yeah, what what are the ongoing costs to I mean, like I don't even know this, Like once a year do you have to clean solar panels? Do you have to hire someone to clean all this acreage? What is the general maintenance? I mean, give us an idea, brook.
Speaker 16: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 12: So as far as insurance premiums go, it depends on if your.
Speaker 16: Insurance company wants to cover this or not.
Speaker 12: Sometimes they'll be reasonable and say here's what your premium cost is going to be, and it's ten thousand dollars per acre, or they could say it's a million. If your insurance company offers you something ridiculous, we actually take on that liability in house.
Speaker 16: It's just a separate agreement that you have.
Speaker 4: That we so you become the insurance company exactly.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 12: As far as maintenance go, when we build the solar field, we make sure that the ground cover is going to be low so that we're not having prairie grass. It's going to cover it, so the mowing goes away. And then as far as maintenance go, I mean.
Speaker 16: Solar panels really don't require a lot.
Speaker 12: Your inverter is going to go out every ten to fifteen years, and that's pretty much all you're going to have to be replacing for.
Speaker 4: So for an extra dollar amount, you can become the insurance company if an insurance company won't cover it. And this guy just heard him say, Robert, what we were talking. So if you became the insurance company, I mean, really, the main coverage would be hal I mean, the main catastrophic coverage would be hail or how does that work? Yeah?
Speaker 16: Exactly?
Speaker 25: Tornado?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good one. Yeah, how about a tornado? How would you possibly cover that through red rocks if a tornado came down and ripped up all those units?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean it definitely depends on where you're installing and so what.
Speaker 16: The criteria are.
Speaker 12: But typically for these projects, I mean, the solar system itself isn't that big or like way that much or any of those things that is above ground. But below ground, we're talking about eight to twelve feet down, two to three feet wide holes full of concrete that are cementing them into it. So your wind loads that this can handle is one hundred and.
Speaker 16: Seventy five mile an hour.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 12: So that's pretty I mean, I don't that's way more than a Category five hurricane. So a tornado really isn't going to impact it. Hail you're definitely going to have, so you have to maybe replace some panels throughout the years, depending again on where you install. But we can definitely take on that, dude.
Speaker 4: Manufacturers of panels for an application like what we're talking about, do they actually have a hail guarantee or no they don't.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so Mission panels, which is what we use, they have on their spec sheet the mile per hour in the size.
Speaker 16: Of the hail that they are warranted for.
Speaker 12: So if the hail is less than that and it damages the panel, then it's covered under their warrants.
Speaker 4: So then the manufacturer covers it. Do you know what that is? Offhand?
Speaker 12: It's twenty five meters per second and the size is one.
Speaker 4: Inch, So one inch? How okay? So a baseball is going to break these, no doubt.
Speaker 16: Again, it kind of just depends.
Speaker 2: On the tail.
Speaker 4: I forgetting they're on such an angle too when they hit, it's not like they're hitting it head on. Yeah, what else?
Speaker 3: Robert?
Speaker 4: Those were great questions, though, Well.
Speaker 25: You know I've heard what you said about getting the dragon kicked to the face and seeing Michael Brown and you don't want anything to do with that.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good man. Hey, I appreciate to call Roberts. I'll tell you there's people listening. Brook ohing Man, I got to look into this and you can talk to her about any project. Redrocksars dot com.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped news you don't have just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This he is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 4: All right three three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show, the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, state complaints. By the way, if you go to YouTube, you should really check us out. Behind the scenes. We do have a show within the show, but our entire goal is to help you. If you've been ripped off bad contractor you need help with the landlord. We have a list of attorneys that always come on and give free legal advice at referral list dot com. We got great contractors today. We've been learning a lot about solar and we'll have some more questions for Brooke White. But I want to go to Paul Dowding. He is the man when it comes to water. I think I said at first hour he might not be fun at parties because he lives and breathes dirty water is really what it comes down to, or clean water. I guess it depends how you're looking at it, Paul, But I look something up the other day I wanted to talk to you about. We talk about PI files all the time. We also talk about different places in the country that have horrible water. What was the one again that all the people got sick, some got cancer, Flint Michigan, horrible one. Make sure your MIC's on. I think it is, but I wanted to look up Colorado, so we talked about rocky Ford, and rocky Ford has more radium contamination in their water than any other place in the country. Think about that. That is insane. The other thing, parts of North Denver, South Adams County and Commerce City have what they refer to is legacy water contamination, including pifis. And then there's smaller communities. Now I've never heard of this. Apparently it was on the news at one point, but the community is called Elephant Rock Mobile Home Park, and they have issues so bad the federal government had to step in and do some form of enforcement. In fact, the same way with part of Adams County. What eventually happens if if let's take Parker Water is that where Castle Rock gets their water.
Speaker 6: Castle Rock is their own is Douglas County. It's Douglas County, right, So Castle Roc has their own municipposed to apply. Parker Water has their own.
Speaker 4: Well, what you said about Castle Rock first hour was crazy, though.
Speaker 6: Thirty five percusable water and they're gonna they're gonna add sixty thousand people to by next year and they and now we just saw the news. They want to add another eight hundred homes. It's the same water.
Speaker 4: Source and it's the same thing.
Speaker 6: So so what these guys are thinking about is what's for usable water. It's a no brainer to them. But what they don't think about is the concentration level of all these contaminants that's not being removed.
Speaker 4: How do you test for certain things like do you have certain test kits. Water softness, of course, is easy to test for, but like someone that has if I just moved to Rocky Ford or moved to some of these local places Adam County, Adams County, it's like, what do you do to test your water?
Speaker 6: You want to take it to Colorado Analytical. So the state of Colorado, just so you know, the lab text that tested for water fudged water test resorts. The EPA shut them down, so.
Speaker 3: They literally lied about it.
Speaker 6: You lied about it. The EPA closed them down. So you have to take your water sample to Colorado Analytical and then you know requests basically a high profile water.
Speaker 4: Sample and see what's in it? What's in it? It's scary what's in water? And the coolest part is, I mean some of the systems out there can pretty much get rid of all of it. You can pretty much get rid of the ninety nine point ninety nine percent of it. It's like I saw it kills ninety nine point ninety ninety.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you never want to say one hundred percent, I mean, because that's irresponsible, nothing to one hundred percent, But if you do. So, what I have in my house is the you know, the matrix water, and I have the reverse hospitosis.
Speaker 4: Have a UV because of you know, did you realize.
Speaker 6: That chlorination doesn't kill bacteria, it only sterilizes it.
Speaker 4: Oh, so it makes the bacteria safe. There you go, that's the theory. So I use the UV.
Speaker 6: I do a lot of nasal renses. And so there's something that's pretty scary in Florida and Texas, brain eating amba's got through municipal water supply people used in heavy pox.
Speaker 4: Someone got a brain thing and died. Yes, what was it? They were like they went into a coma and literally died for the water. So I have the UV because you I mean, I want that protect for most people. Though I think that's overboard. I know you don't agree with that statement.
Speaker 7: But but so.
Speaker 6: Here's the thing to tow the bubblegum on is I like to say, with the quality of water to is anything overboard because you really don't know what's in it?
Speaker 4: Well, that's the problem. Then when you find out, like you were saying about Colorado's literally they lied and they were lying to the EPA, that's right. And then by the time they find out those people was that from some of the mining stuff? Was that the one you're talking about?
Speaker 14: It?
Speaker 6: It was all over the state. It was large in small municipalities. And the reason why the EPA came in that day to do an audit, and that's when they said, oh, well they told the truth.
Speaker 4: Well what was their excuse for lying or reporting the bad facts which is lying? Why would anybody do that? I don't know. Why would that DA or that lab test should come down to budget like they didn't have any more budget to treat the water better or they simply didn't know how to fix it. I mean, if you really talk about wastewater, like you said in Castle Rock, if thirty five percent of what comes out of the FAWCET is literally what goes down the toilet, it's reusable water. Absolutely, I'm reusable, but treated. But that's kind of crazy. How about the drug factor like I heard O it's and all this stuff can be right in our water supply.
Speaker 6: This is the red flag for me. And this is where this is an unre regulated contaminant. So the EPA knows they're they're the EPA can test for it and they can or do it, but municipalities aren't required to.
Speaker 4: Sixty minutes or twenty twenty one of them was going out years ago and testing in the amount of drugs in certain areas like in Denver. We're crazy. This is a fact.
Speaker 6: Every major over the counter medication will test positive and any municipal water supply is a fact. So my concern is that the antibiotic resistance that's happening. I'm a big you know, red flag for hormones in the water, and so this is something that we need to know. How can you have a water quality report being sent to you? By law, your municipality has to send your report.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that. How like once a year, well once a year it's called the water quality report.
Speaker 6: So you can make your own mind up if you want to use this water not for drinking and cooking, how can that be you know possible? If they're not telling the truth. And all contaminants in the water. How can that happen? So if the EPA is going to take thirteen years to take one contaminant, so you could call up Mark and say, I want puberty blockers nominated with the EPA to check in my water supply thirteen years, thirteen years for them to basically add.
Speaker 4: To that and that you're taking puberty blockers and you don't even see you don't know anybody, so medication. This is true, but people would argue, I mean it's so minute.
Speaker 6: There you go, that's a great point. But check this out. The p fase is one part per billion. That's one drop in an Olympic swimming pool. So it doesn't take a large.
Speaker 4: Job that wait, wait that meaning what though it's one part in a swimming pool? Meaning what though? That's still done it that's the measurement. So they started out at one part per billion, so one part para billion. The EPA did no, but I mean, like mine was this testing.
Speaker 6: So this was done in twenty twenty four, the EPA came out and said, okay, we wanted one part per billion of p fas is too much. So to give you an idea what that is that's one drop up contaminant and bickside a swimming pool.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now it went down to four part petrillion, So today's stands by the paid zero. So it doesn't take a large number to be.
Speaker 4: A connection in every water system.
Speaker 6: That's right, and it's in everybody's body. So the microplastics the thing that the other thing is micropractice.
Speaker 3: They think about it.
Speaker 4: It rains, Yes, it's groundwater. Yes, grass grows, Cows eat it. That's right. You eat it the cow, that's right. You now, not nothing to do with your water supply in this case, but just by eating the cow because the cow was grazing in the field by the water that basically was in the ground. It just back up and comes down again.
Speaker 6: See this, That's why I said this is a generational issue that's not going to be fixed tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I heard you were you guys were talking during the break brook on a water system. Do you guys have one at your house? Out of curiosity, we.
Speaker 16: Just have one that you like connect under the sink, like a minor one.
Speaker 4: I would say, like you buy at home depot or Amazon, Yeah, exactly, Well what about those? And then I'll even go a stay up further. How about your refrigerator? Do you get water from it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: She said it like hell.
Speaker 16: No, our fridge is not that cool.
Speaker 4: So our fridge has one. So I mean we got a water system granted, So I don't know if it matters. Okay, r RV r RV's got the refrigerator inside's got it almost looks like an oil filter, that's right, So how good are those things there? It's a taste in water filter and hard water.
Speaker 6: If you went and camped out at a hard water site, that filter would basically get overrun by hardness. And that's where you see need debris and the water receptacle or the ice maker receptacle.
Speaker 4: That's calcium overtaking a filter. That's crazy. So let's get to this real quick. And Leanno's got a problem with a vet clinic. I promised Leon I'll get you after this break that I'm going to be forced to take. But waterpros dot net Paul really lives and breathes it. They don't come out and try to sell you something you don't need. He knows the area. He can show you exactly what your water's like by pulling some of these reports, and most of them ack knowledge where it's at. But just get out there, protect the family and his systems. Honestly, Paul Well, I like you personally a lot, and I love the system you sold us, But one of your biggest selling points to me is purely the price. I don't care. I called other people right on our referral list. I was quoted for a system that basically does everything everything from four thousand dollars up to fifteen thousand dollars, right, and that was two years ago. I assume everything's a little higher now. But you have that new system now that does the whole house softener, It does the chlorine, It takes care of chlorine, qluorine, It takes care of that, It takes care of the p FOZ, takes care of the hardness radium or yes, it takes care of everything. Basically, it's an all one system, right. And the price of this thing is just crazy. And I don't mean crazy bad. I mean I dare you to call up Calligan or anybody out there and say I want a system, a whole house that does this. You're you're going to hear ten, maybe even up to twenty thousand dollars. This system is thirty six hundred bucks, thirty six fifty thoughts install by license plumbers of course, that's right, thirty six to ninety five. What kind of warranties on something like that.
Speaker 6: So the manufacturer gives you a limited lifetime warranty, and so that's on the control valve, right, and the holding tank. The media will have a lifespan of easily ten to twelve years.
Speaker 4: So in ten or twelve years you redo that part. We do, yeah, redo the top geve. But then the p fazs are out of your house, well except for what you eat, but it's out of your water at least, right. And then chlorine, the total chlorine, so they use a chlormine. Now, how about we were talking about drugs and stuff real quick? You need the point of uchi verse house moss for that. That's what gets rid of that, and that would only be for example, it's kischens you can think and possibly the start at one thousand ish.
Speaker 6: Right now we're at eleven hundred bucks. Yeah for system.
Speaker 4: All right, check the best the best pricing out there. And this guy could go out he can even do a free test for you. But check him out waterpros dot net, or give him a call three oh three eight six two five five five four three oh three eighty six y two fifty five fifty four Leanna hold on in. Deputy Dimitri has an update. He is over at a caller's house that called in this morning where they have something living in a hole next to their house and they needed help fixing a shower door. Deputy d hold tight.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three O three seven one three eight two five five. Don't forget that number works on and off the air. Three oh three Martino, Any help you need? Please help in troubleshooter dot com. We help twenty four to seven once again three oh three Martino and help at troubleshooter dot com please feel free to reach out now. Deputy Dimitri went over to a caller from this morning. She called in and said, hey, who should I call? What kind of handyman? Because our shower knob to our I guess there a shower door kept falling off and they'd have to put it back on. They're both in their eighties. Uh, she's blind. I'm not sure about the husband, but hey, hey, Deputy d The other thing they said is apparently some vermit or some critter was digging their hole and living under the house.
Speaker 3: Tell us what you found, well, Mark, it.
Speaker 13: Was pretty easy.
Speaker 18: So the door, the door knob and a glass shower door. It's like it's like a U shaped handle on either side of the glass with two holes, and there's a mounting stud that's through the holes, and both of the set screws that hold the door handle to the mounting stud or loose. So I tightened up the two set screws and it will probably hold because they kind of bite into a rubbery stud.
Speaker 3: I got you, and I told them.
Speaker 18: I told them that if it doesn't hold, you know, I got it as tide as I could, and and I gave them my business card, and I said, next time it comes loose, call me and I'll bring over some lock.
Speaker 4: Tight Now, now tell me what what what ster? In what stern in their backyard? Did you catch it? Can you cook?
Speaker 20: It?
Speaker 13: Is a chup?
Speaker 18: I got a chup of cabra for free out of it, and I'm going to bring back to the studio tomorrow.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: No, Oh my god, I'm going I'll bring it here.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 4: What the hell's a two berth star Wars.
Speaker 18: It's like a Tasmanian devil that I found under the house.
Speaker 14: No I.
Speaker 18: So I did see there's a little cubby hole that some little critter done next to their foundation of their house. But it's a concrete foundation, so and it looked like it was just a little cubbyhole some critter.
Speaker 4: So we couldn't even get in the house.
Speaker 18: No, No, And just to make sure, I did go into the basement and I took the access panel off their crawl space and I looked in there, and it's pitch black in the crawl space, so I would have seen daylight shining through. Animals somehow chewed into the size. Nice couple, Dimitri, very nice couple, just very very sweet, and they're they're kind of like in their mid.
Speaker 2: To late eighties.
Speaker 18: I would they have been in this house for four decades.
Speaker 4: You know, we talk about recovering money and stuff, but I mean, think about this because of the show in Dimitri today, you know, going out, they've been struggling with that door handle on their shower in their eighties and they were worried then maybe something was breaking into their house. Now what I might have done is got a hose and put it in that hole and just turned it on, held up the dome.
Speaker 18: It it's not a hole.
Speaker 4: There is, like Dmitri, one step away from being peta, just one step away. But if you even talk about like a squirrel coming to their demise, the guy goes crazy.
Speaker 18: Yeah, well, I get very it's very upsetting to hear about little critters losing their lives prematurely. Yeah, but in this case, they have nothing to worry about critter infiltration rocking. Well, Babe, they have my business card, so they'll call me if that's if that handle comes loose again.
Speaker 4: Deputy d We appreciate it. We'll see you hopefully in studio tomorrow. Thank you very much. On behalf everybody, John D Yeah, I wish them well. Uh, Leanna, what is going on with this vet clinic? Leanna, let's do this, Let's get her back up. I think she didn't realize I was going to go to her so quick. But I want to know what's going on with this vet clinic. I got a story i'll tell too about a vet clinic Susannah and I went to not even a month or two ago, and it cost over two thousand dollars.
Speaker 9: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 4: Two by three oh three seven two five five three oh three Martino. You know Brooke White Red Rocks Rs I got so many emails basically saying it sounds.
Speaker 3: Too good to be true.
Speaker 4: You get a commercial system and it's over one hundred percent paid for, meaning to even put some tax credits and grant money into your pocket. But man, uh, you how many of these have you done? Like, how many how many commercial systems solar systems have you done? And let's say I don't know five years where ninety to one hundred and twenty percent of them were paid for with grant money or tax credits.
Speaker 16: Most of my commercial projects have been in that stage.
Speaker 4: So almost all of them. Yeah.
Speaker 16: And the thing that I would.
Speaker 4: Always feel like a bigger rate take from start to finish a year.
Speaker 12: No, it's going to take two years just to install, two years some of these solar field projects.
Speaker 3: He's two to three five acre.
Speaker 12: The projects of these size are always looked at by attorneys that specialize in this, and so absolutely make sure you have the right folks that you call to look through the contracts and get all of those details. Absolutely, because you know this is a lot of money to risk.
Speaker 4: How about a typical house and I always just say this a Highlands ranch house somewhere in the meadows and castle rock someone that wants to add solar. What are we you talking in general?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so for a residential house you're talking about, you know, twenty four thousand would be the gross on the project. After the tax credits, it would be just under seventeen And it's going to replace about one hundred thousand dollars worth of electric.
Speaker 4: Bills over what period of time? Twenty years?
Speaker 16: Thirty years? We do a thirty year warranty on our systems, parts of labor.
Speaker 4: How about instantly if they have a loan on the system, So they have a loan out there for seventeen thousand, and then the payments are generally what based upon those.
Speaker 16: Numbers, Uh, usually they're right now.
Speaker 12: If they're Exceled territory, it's about fifty bucks less a month than what they're paying. So if they're paying one hundred dollars now a month, it would drop.
Speaker 16: To fifty dollars to pay for the.
Speaker 12: Solar and their Excel bills gone. If it's Core, it's about even because Core.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, so you're saying if they're on Excel, literally they save money day one even with the loan on the solar. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Usually if you finance the system you actually save money day one because your payment is less. You're just paying interest and you're spreading it out versus doing cash. You have a higher initial outlay, but your return on investments a lot quicker.
Speaker 4: So how about do you ever suggest leasing under any scenario? Or no?
Speaker 16: No, Because I'm also a roofing company.
Speaker 12: So your option is to pay more for a system that you're going to buy anyways, or have them repo a system off of your roof and run your roof.
Speaker 4: So if someone has hail damage and they have a solar system, that's kind of funny. You guys do both. You'll come out remove this stuff, do the roof, or do whatever damage, and then put everything back on.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we'll do anything on the project. I mean, if you've got a roofing company that you really love and you just want us to do.
Speaker 16: The solar bit, we would love to do that. Aspect.
Speaker 4: Our insurance company's pretty good when people have solar, like actually paying for that.
Speaker 16: Yeah they have to.
Speaker 4: Well I know they have to, but I mean, well, actually, yeah, I guess they do. So if someone puts solar on after they had insurance, in other words, you add solar and you don't tell your insurance company, They're still going to pay for the whole.
Speaker 12: Nope, you absolutely have to let your insurance company know that you added solar.
Speaker 4: You do, yep, yep. Do you have solar on your house?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, is there?
Speaker 4: It'd be funny if you didn't. Well, do you have one of those water systems into your house?
Speaker 3: Question?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't had one. What area would you say so best for solar brook in like say Metro Denver or in the front range. And what I mean by that is like my area where I live, We've got one hundred foot trees. I mean it's it makes zero sense for me to have solar, so we just have too much sun blockage.
Speaker 12: Boulder, Boulder's your best spot because Boulder has grants for residents to do it.
Speaker 4: Oh like, what like if you're in Boulder and you're listening to this show and you don't have solar, let's go back to that twenty four thousand dollars solar system after tax credits, you're at seventeen thousand. What other incentives does Boulder actually bring to the table.
Speaker 12: So, Boulder, we'll do a grant project that covers roughly about thirty percent of that and then Excel also has a program that will cover thirty percent of it. So if you're in Boulder, depending on what your demographics are, you could only be out of pocket ten percent of that project.
Speaker 16: It's twenty four hundred.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 12: And then the blind grant is a check, so it's and the Excel rebate is a check too, So your tax liability isn't influenced by those things.
Speaker 4: Not at all.
Speaker 16: Nope.
Speaker 4: Wow, So people in Boulder without solar systems and.
Speaker 12: You're charge Excel rate, so you're replacing a really high utility bill with this system.
Speaker 4: Man, that's incredible thinking about twenty four hundred bucks for a solar system if the numbers crunched right? Yeah, how does it generally work? Someone's interested? I mean, then go to redrocksars dot com and I'll give your phone number out. But then what you basically say, okay, we'll send someone out. I mean, do you have to go out to see if solar's right for that property, like literally like boots on the ground, or can you just look at some kind of thing on a satellite image and get a good idea of what they're looking at and then type in the tax credits and the grants and explain everything over the phone. How do you guys typically work at Red Rocks.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean I think that's more up to what the client's looking for.
Speaker 12: Some folks really need you to sit down with them in person and have that person a person feel.
Speaker 4: Is that generally you or how many people do that part of it for you?
Speaker 16: It's only me. I'm the only one that does anything with.
Speaker 3: Time, So they deal with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 16: You're stuck with me, guys.
Speaker 4: So so you go out or you can do it over the phone in most cases, yeah, absolutely. And then if you do it mostly over the phone, explain the numbers and the next step is you go out to the property.
Speaker 16: I assume, yep, absolutely.
Speaker 12: We'll do documents in order to put everything together for engineering.
Speaker 16: But let's say when we talk over.
Speaker 12: The phone, I say, this is the project's going to be twenty four thousand, these are your incentives.
Speaker 16: Blah blah blah. I get out there.
Speaker 12: I find out that you need to do a main panel upgrade. Well, I've already agreed to what we were going to do it, so we'll do that main panel upgrade complimentary to you, just to get the system going. The only thing that we won't do as a change order that will require it is a brand new roof.
Speaker 4: That's crazy barbecue. Bob has a question for you, what an interesting name? What's your question? Bob, I'm up against a clock here.
Speaker 23: Oh okay, we've got a fourplex in Golden Is that too small? He's got a bunch of excess ground. We could put something on.
Speaker 4: Hold On a second, I'm gonna put you on holds. We have time for this afterwards, because that's a great question. In your commercials, I use duplex and uh four plex all the time, and there's a multiple different things he can do, right, I mean, really, it's incredible, Bob, hold on three oh three seven one three A two five five help a troubleshooter dot com. By the way, Red Rocks Roof and Solar three oh three seven O four two four four nine redrocksars dot com. Then, of course, Paul Downing with that special on that water system right now thirty six hundred and thirty seven hundred bucks all in no more, p fis get rid of the chlorine, soften the water. It's just the best system under thirty seven hundred bucks. Waterpros dot net everybody hold tight.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Time for aniture durance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 9: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, Barbecue Bob's got a quick question. Barbecue Bob.
Speaker 4: You got a quadplex and you were wondering about tax credits and grants on setting up a commercial solar system, Right, yes, sir, go ahead tell them how that would work.
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely, So your quadplex is it commercial or is it for like homes, like for folks?
Speaker 23: Oh yeah, it's residential. There's people living in each unit.
Speaker 12: Okay, perfect, So then the residential folks are charged higher than commercial through Excel. You got Excel out there, right, yes, yep. So essentially you'll be able to cut your tenants, build down and make the income that excel what I made off of them, and the system would be sixty four percent covered with tax.
Speaker 10: Benefits sixty four percent yep.
Speaker 12: Out in Golden, every commercial project, no matter where it's at in the United States, starts off at sixty four and then depending on where you're at, you can have a bonus tax credits.
Speaker 23: But Golden doesn't qualify for bonus tax. We're actually outside the city limits in the unincorporated How do you do.
Speaker 4: That by address? Like literally you go down to the address.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 12: So the federal government determines what's considered energy distressed or disadvantage.
Speaker 4: Areas, and then that's where the extra on top of the sixty four sounds great, but on top of that, so basically he would become his electric company. Regardless of how much of it's covered. He would be charging his tenants electricity and be making that money going forward exactly.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Plus the actual benefit of the value of the improvement to the commercial property is great.
Speaker 12: Yeah. And when you do commercial projects like that, again, Colorado is pushing one hundred percent solar and electric within the timeframes, so his building would then be safe from those regulations in the future.
Speaker 4: So hey, Barbecue Bob, give her a call off with the address. Just go to redrocksars dot com and call Brookups. She'll talk to you about it, and you can actually dial in the numbers for him and anybody else I assume if they reach out Brooks. So it's pretty straightforward. Redrocksars dot com. Why barbecue Bob real quick.
Speaker 23: I'm a certified barbecue judge.
Speaker 4: Oh that's pretty cool man. I like that. I like that. So maybe next time we do a riboff in studio on a car Friday, we have you come in and judge it. You won't know who cooked them but you or who smoked them, But I like that. Would you be down for that, mister, certified barbecue judge?
Speaker 23: That sounds like fun. If you can tip me off which ones are Marchino's, I'll score his really low.
Speaker 4: Well, he won't, he won't, he won't smoke ribs. Now, if we did a meatball competition, my boy would be involved big time. Hey, thanks you, barbecue Bob, and let's do this real quick. We got a couple of minutes left, so Steve Moss we talk second hour. Here's the deal. Rock and Roll Brewery this weekend Cornhole Tournament. This is the guy that actually does our intro song. In fact, if you need an intro song or a jingle for your company, he did the tree Farm, which is absolutely incredible. That's probably your most well known jingle, isn't it, Steve?
Speaker 13: You know it is now. I did another version, a couple other versions for them. I've been doing their advertising girl for thirty years. One of them was the bluegrass one. It was really good, Oh, very cool. You guys might remember it was they half thousands of things that you can grow. The tree bomb is the place you want to go.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not as I do.
Speaker 3: Remember that.
Speaker 4: It's not as popular as the one that's been out for the last few years that I hear right here on this station all the time, but really cool. So he does stuff like that. So if you're interested and getting a jingle for an advertisement, or if you have a talk show like we do and you want to get an intro song, he does that. But rock and Roll Brewery is his passion. Sixteen seventeen different kinds of beer this weekend. Seventy five bucks gets you in the corn Hole Tournament. There's gonna be less than twenty people or less than twenty five people. So if you're good at cornhole, you might have a shot at winning five hundred bucks or whatever the pool ends up being. You also get a VIP ticket to the Speedway, an embroidered Rock and Roll breweryhat. You get to check out one of the coolest breweries. Suzanna and I were out there a couple of weeks ago. You're gonna love it. You get a free beer with that, and then for that day they're going to do I wouldn't get one free on T shirts. But if you go to rock en Roll Brewery no rockin Roll Dot Beer, rockin Roll Dot Beer. You'll see the T shirts in the hats, but you go for the beer. You go for the cornhole. And I forgot you're catering it with Famous Dave's Barbecue, right, Yes, sir, I absolutely love it, and I forget Did I forget anything in there? Steve?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm adding one more thing. What do you get your listeners? You know, Tom, I've been listening to this Tom's show. I've been listening to Tom's show for thirty one years. That's when I moved here. And you know, Frank Duranz helped me out. He's an amazing person. Brad O'Brien used. He got things done when other people couldn't get it done. John Fuller really helped me out on a race car motor that blew up one of the car dealerships. Yeah, he helped me get money back, most of the money back on it. I mean, he's all these guys. I owe Tom a lot, and I want to give you know, in addition to the free beer, the famous daves, the entering the tournament, and the two for one mango shirt, I want to give your guys, whoever comes up, your guys or girls to the IP tickets. So for each one you're gonna get a pair of the IP tickets. All these things. That's like a fifty dollars value.
Speaker 4: You know a lot of people don't even know we have a lot of people don't even know we have NASCAR up here.
Speaker 13: Steve, I like, you know what I like to do. I like to take people and give tickets away, ones that have never been to a NASCAR race because they won't keep.
Speaker 4: That's that's the music, man, I appreciate it. Rockenroll dot beer, not dot com.
Speaker 3: Rock and roll dot beer.
Speaker 4: Get signed up.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: If you're a brewery person likes Susan I are, you're gonna love this place. I promise you're gonna love the beer. They got something for everybody there. Win that tournament and Steve I appreciate it. Everybody, have a good day. We'll be back here solving problems tomorrow