Speaker 1: Thomas on fifty five Chaos E the talk station six minutes after seven o'clock. Brian is off tonight today, so you got me happy Monday. I want to welcome to the program friend of mine, Ken Anderson. He is author of a couple of books of Economic Revolution and Keyboard Alphabet. But I thought i'd touch base with him because we have talked about oh numerous things over the years, and one of the things I was interested in is his take on this coming upcoming presidential election. Welcome to the program, Ken.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, thank you, and I appreciate this opportunity to have another discussion with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate it as well well from when we talked last from what inspired yesterday afternoon. I guess there's a whole new different wrinkle to this now with yet another assassination attempt, and you've wont to offer your thoughts on this or.
Speaker 2: Well, definitely, First of all, I would definitely say that these are praying times, and we are praying nation, and we need to put aside all of our differences. I don't care what race or gender, or political affiliation or non affiliation union. We need to get to rate get away from all of the demographics and really come to the Creator as a nation. And actually, I do you know from my book Economic Revolution, I believe in a spiritual solution to our material problems. And actually Second Chronicles seven and fourteen says that if we go to God and do what we're in earnest and He will heal our land. So there is a spiritual healing, but it's up to us. It's up to us as an individual, and if each individual does it, then we'll do it as a nation. But these are paying times. I definitely say pray for our president. There's an office now, Joe Biden and all the candidates and our former president and candidate Trump as well. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just it becomes more and more obvious that there needs to be some solutions and everything needs to be on the table. I think we've gotten so far away from any type of spirituality, any type of moral compass, and that needs to be reinstilled. I mean, I am not been the most how should I say, a church attending religious person, but I mean there's always been that guard rail in terms of my Catholic upbringing and certain things as far as how you conduct your life. And it's almost like you know, we need a rebirth of that in this nation. We need something to believe in other than government, which is I think pretty much what they want us to believe in anyway, So we need right.
Speaker 2: Let me interject this real quick, because you brought up something that's very important. I'm glad you said it because coming up and understanding no religion and how that goes and then one of that's one of the things that divides us, you know, someone the Methodists of Lutherans and all that. But there's a difference between religion and spirituality. If I was dealing with religion, I have to wait till maybe next Wednesday or whatever meeting day, we'd have to go to church. But see, spirituality is something people could do right now at this moment. It's nothing formal, you see, so it's all based on individual self. So you know, that's a good thing that you brought up though, But I just want to let people know you could make that connection with the Creator yourself right now without anybody counts.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, you don't need a church, you don't need the steeple. You can you can pray anywhere you want, and then you can put your creed into your deed and and and act your life accordingly. So you know, you don't need to wait till Sunday. You don't need to Wednesday or whenever, you know, the synagogue on Saturday. You can do it every day of the week. Well, I want to talk a little bit about this third party factor. You know, when we look at the third party candidates there, you know, it's interesting that the the party that talks about who is a existential threat to democracy, how much they are trying to do to keep certain candidates that may hurt them off the ballot in all these different states. And I you know, it appears as though I keep seeing almost every day another third party candidate, whether it's Jill Stein or Cornell West and be added to the ballots in certain states. How do you see this shaking out as far as that is there enough there or the Democrats really that concerned about it, or how do you see this?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you bring up some good points, because I think the first thing is when RFK Jr. When he stepped out of the race and he endorsed former President Trump. That was a huge move because I believe at the time he was pulling about nine percent, maybe close to ten percent at that point, and that's enough to sway an election. If you look back at Ross Perrot both times he ran, he got enough to swing the election in favor of Clinton somewhere saying that he was like Clinton's lost uncle or something like that about so a third party candidacy can be very Now in this particular case with Cornell West, this could actually cause Vice President Harris some problems in Michigan because they both appealed to the same anti Israel Hamas sector of the Democratic wing. And there are some people they're really kind of ticked off with Harris. But I think more than them being ticked off with Harris, it's more they don't trust her. That is a main And see, I don't know if the Republican Party had picked up on this. I talked to some young people in one of the things that came really it surprised me. This young man said he looked at debate. At the debate, he said, well, I thought I think that President Trump won. I'm thinking, like, okay, I didn't understand it, you know. So he was saying, he was saying the reason why it was because even though he came off as bombastic talking about things, you know whatever. But even though he came off as unhinged, so to speak, he came off as authentic, he said, where she came off as fake, and he came off as like a parent, like knowing seeing danger in front of them for someone that he loves. And he's said, hey, you're approaching the you know danger, and the closer you get the danger, the more frantic they get. And he said that's the reason why he is so charged right now, because he really sees that if we don't make the right decisions, it could be catastrophic for our economy.
Speaker 1: You know, I was on air that night doing my other show, America's Truck, a network that, by the way, goes from midnight to one am Tuesday through Friday on WLW. But I was in the studio doing getting ready to do the show prep and stuff, and I was watching the debate, and I was taking notes. I was taking frantic you know, I was trying to keep up and and I'm you know, I don't do shorthands, so I was writing stuff down and listening to debate and everything. So when the debate was over, I was really upset that the fact that in my opinion, Donald Trump didn't do the knockout punch as he should have. He didn't take opportunity and correct the record and actually even challenge the moderators for not fact checking her and so on. But when I went back through and I started looking at my notes, I was surprised at the points that he did make that were glossed over by the analysis afterwards. And now I've seen some comments from some people that if you read the transcript of the debate, it is so one sided towards Trump. It's not funny because, you know, you take away the facial expression, you take away the giggling, the laughing and so on, her evading reading what she actually her answers, there was no substance there, and all the substance was over on Trumps side. And I, you know, I've heard those analysis and it's kind of amazing. And when you look at some of the polling with some of these independence that like the gentleman you were talking to, that's see, that's they saw a lot better than I think the people that are too close to the trees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think a lot of times we, you know, we are really kind of blinded by the partisan lenses that we look through whether it's intentional or unintentional and real quick just to give you an idea of a typical answer I would call a canned answer. If they were to ask her about, say, global warming, she will say, well, I think we need to have a conversation about the time about global warming in the future. I think that all points need to be heard. Man, what do you think about cracking. I think we need to have a conversation about cracking in the future. And on all things that need to be heard, I'm here to hear. I mean, okay, we we you know, we are looking for leadership, and see we're looking for uh uh you know, policy over a sentiment. But see, the thing is, emotions run so high, and it's so easily and more easily to manipulate someone using uh, some emotional appeal as opposed to the logistical facts. And for example, she came up with this uh line that Trump wanted to have a Trump tax, he wanted to raise taxes on on a like a national sales tax. And then that's the last thing that Trump that I have done. And I said, I'm you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've heard various people floating a national sales tax. I haven't heard that probably in about eight years or so.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, she called it a Trump tax. And so but then summerstand because some will say the biggest lie has one grain of truth to it. So what what what they were talking about is that what they did was they manipulated this whole thing about the tear So she was saying, well, if you put tariffs on foreign goods, then you're gonna then American citizens, we're going to pay higher prices for those foreign goods. Therefore that tariff is a tax.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's frying. And one of the missing points was is that when he was his turn, he said, then why has Biden kept these tariffs on for most of the things that we did for the last three and a half years. And I think that was one of his great punches. Hey, we're going to pick this up on the other side of the break, and we want to talk about some of these other policies and some of the things in terms of the giveaways that's being talked about in terms from an economic standpoint as to what this will do to the economy, but also to the nature of the human desire to accomplish something as opposed to being handed something. My guest is Ken Anderson, author of a couple of books, Economic Revolution and Keyboard Alphabet. We'll pick this up on the other side of the break. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: The Morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs the Talk Station, continuing our conversation with Ken Anderson, author and local businessman, Economic author of the book Economic Revolution and Keyboard Alphabet. Ken, again, thank you so much for spending time with us this morning. I certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you good.
Speaker 1: You look at the individual freebies that are being tossed around, and you know, some would say that's kind of along lines of like vote buying, but then has so many problems. There are so many issues that we see when you start talking about giving away goodies, when you start talking about government subsidies and so on, all that does is add to inflation and kind of takes away the I guess the I don't know the content of being proud to have accomplished something, the joy of having accomplished something. If something's handed to you. You don't appreciate it as much as you do if you earned it.
Speaker 2: I agree on. And what happens is that what we're seeing, we're seeing politicians saying, hey, I will give you freebies for your votes, and I will give you I will promise you think that I know that I can't deliver, but you give me your vote now, and then I will promise you know I would deliver it. And then I always blame it on the other guy. And it's like the old doll Wimpy from Popeyes. I would gladly pay you next Tuesday for hamburger today. So I would gladly promise you everything for your vote today. And by the time the voters get around to voting someone out, then they get them up into another route up and they forget all about it, and it keeps going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, said, well, I tried to deliver this for you, but those mean.
Speaker 2: Won't let us do it. Yeah, And so it happens all the time. And so one of the things is, for example, when it comes to the real estate, I talked to some people years ago and they used to have not as much now, but they used to call it sweat equity. So we had we had some homeowners who would maybe do some of the repairs themselves, and the process of clothes the loan, you know, maybe raking the leaves or painting a porch, and that was all in part of the real estate contract. And they would get a certain dollar amount towards their down payment, maybe towards closing costs, and so that gave them a sense of pride because I earned this eight hundred dollars or you know. And that's what the American experience is all about. And you know, one of the things that politics is about, it's about control of the language. And they very very or very slick, and one of the things they talk about is the American experiment. No, it's the American experience. And the American experience is what JD. Vance represents someone who was born and raised on the wrong side of the tracks, who are who's faced with adversities and experiences the American dream. The reason why they want to get away from that because they want to keep that within locked within their own little clique. They don't want it to be out for the masses, for people to own real estate and for people to prosper and to grow and to build generational wealth. Sure, their families, it's all for it. They're for that. But for everyone else, for the average American citizen, they want to shut the doors. And that's the reason why it's important that we keep our minds and our options open and we focus on the policies and understands policies matter, and we have to override the quick emotion because that's easy to manipulate.
Speaker 1: It seems to me from what I've seen of watching democrats over the years and liberals in particular, is they talk a good game about wanting to help people, that they want to be there for them and so on. But they'll climb the ladder themselves, but instead of leaving that ladder down, they'll put it just out of reach of the people below them, just so that they can't attain what they attain, so that they can keep offering them something so that they keep voting for them. And I think this is one of the insidious things that they do, as far as keep promising people that we will take care of this, we will keep taking care of this. I mean, you look around at all the different blue cities around the country, and are they any better off now than they were? Twenty years ago. Are there worse all?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was gonna go ahead, go ahead, No, Well, well, I was just going to say, I heard someone say before, the best anti poverty program is opportunity for gainful employment.
Speaker 2: And if we foster a business, a business atmosphere that is that will offer gainful employment, that is the best way to do it. As opposed to this class warfare. We're going to tag the rich and they're not paying their fair share. You know, you you tax the rich guy out on unrealized tax, unrealized capital gains. Guess what they're going to withdraw their money in the market and live on the beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely. Just one final question, have you ever been employed by a poor person?
Speaker 2: Actually no, I've always wanted my bosses to be wealthy. Yeah, And I tell people treat your your job like it's your business, because one day it just might be your business.
Speaker 1: Very well could be. Ken. Thank you so much, you bet, thank you so much for being on the program today. I certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: My friend God's questions everyone.
Speaker 1: My friend Ken Anderson. Uh yeah, coming up, Okay, we'll be continuing this and more. I got some other thoughts here before we get to the top of the hour. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KRS. The talk station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: A minute of