Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim Kasa.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, Welcome in to Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're enjoying this beautiful Tuesday afternoon.
Speaker 3: You're a world champion.
Speaker 2: Los Angeles Dodgers on the road in Anaheim to take on the Anaheim Angels the final game of this exhibition freeway series.
Speaker 3: They have split the first two.
Speaker 2: A day off tomorrow and then the Dodgers will get back to it for real and the home opener on Thursday afternoon against the Detroit Tigers tonight, though the final dress rehearsal before they start this season back up after taking two in Tokyo against the Cubs. Dustin May on the mound. First pitch from Anaheim is coming up at six oh seven. Coming up over the next hour here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself. Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Veasse goes one on one with first base coach Chris Woodward. We've got your Dodgers magical moment coming up. Got your prize picks. Play of the Day shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson on the field in Anaheim, and in just a few minutes we'll send it out to the gallupin Motors Broadcast booth and hear from Tim Neverett and.
Speaker 3: Rick monday Well.
Speaker 2: Last night, Tyler Glassnow made his final tune up of the exhibition season. Five innings, one run, two hits, struck out nine along the way. The only mistake he made was a solo home run to Taylor Ward to lead off the bottom half of the first inning as the Angels grabbed the early one to nothing lead. Button a second, ty Oscar Hernandez tied it up to two.
Speaker 4: Pitch swung out hit well the left, going back as Taylor Ward, he's at the track to the wall, hit.
Speaker 5: His god Homera Tannasker.
Speaker 4: Hernandez puts it undo the Dodger bullpen and ties the game at one. Oh, I got a slider that hung on a two two pitch man. He put the good part of the barrel on it and has tied up this baseball game.
Speaker 2: Game was tied at one the fourth and the Dodgers had runners on for Barnesy.
Speaker 4: Want to know the Barnes looking to give the Dodgers the league go ahead run ninety feet away, stretching the left. He deals home in one. Oh, and it's a ground ball left side that.
Speaker 5: Is throw on the left field. It's off the.
Speaker 3: Level ground heat fall.
Speaker 4: Once he comes under the score, here comes Confoto in behind him and two run score. It's three to one, Dodgers advancing to third. In the play was Rojas as Austin Barnes gets it done.
Speaker 2: Austin barr Is delivering two runs scored on the singles the left. Dodgers up three to one to Oscar Hernandez. Then a single in the top half of the fifth inning scoring Tommy Edmund Taoskars ready to go. No more exhibition games for Tayo Well, one more to get it to go tonight.
Speaker 3: Dodgers rub four to one.
Speaker 2: They'd give up a run in this six and then in the ninth inning things kind of fell.
Speaker 3: Apart for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Young bullpen out there as the Angels scored three runs off whole ze Rodriguez, the young twenty three year old as they walk off the Dodgers with a five for Vatree last night, but showy owed Tani got into action. We saw the Dodgers starters get three or four at bats before coming out of the game, and most importantly, Tyler klasstew with five solid innings, striking out nine along the way tonight, final game of this three game exhibition freeway series, and with more. We head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks Tim, It's another really nice evening here in Anahei. I'm not a cloud in the sky. The traffic on the fifty seven out beyond the centerfield wall is moving okay right now, and the Dodgers and Angels are basically at the finish line of the exhibition season. And mo when you look at this exhibition season, it was a very good one for the Dodgers in a lot of ways. In terms of attendance at Camelback Ranch, they set a record for average attendance per game there. That's really good on the business side of things and the fans side of things. But as far as the player side of things goes, they've seen some development from a lot of their young pitchers. I think we're going to see some of those guys tonight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think the other part, too, is with Andy Pajez, who has won that center field job to begin with. You know, coming in just bring turning, what type of a camp was he going to have?
Speaker 7: And made some adjustments.
Speaker 6: You know, we're talking many, many times about the fact handles the ball inside very well, not the case so much with the ball away. Well, he's made some adjustments and right now it has paid off for him. I think also he's changed a couple of things defensively. First of all, he's had both feet on the ground. I said that because last year I talked to at linked about the fact that many times ball was crossing home plate, if right foot was still in the air, he's taking a step forward. Well, he wound up losing at least a step step and a half to his right as a result, and at least two to maybe three and a half steps to his left. He can't move in any direction with one foot of the air. All he can do is falling in that direction. So that was one of the big, big deals. But I agree with you. We saw a lot of the younger players that are the future of the Dodgers, and they really stood the test of time.
Speaker 7: In spring running.
Speaker 5: I thought very very well.
Speaker 4: The guy who stood the test of time so far in the big leagues is back in the lineup tonight. He said he feels great, awesome and normal, and that's Mookie Bets.
Speaker 6: And talk to David Bassey and he got it right from the mouth of Mookie Bets. And he went from one hundred and seventy five pounds to one hundred and fifty seven this afternoon, So that's a big weight loss. The question is going to be the energy level for Mookie Bets. He's able to keep some food down, solid food. That saying good news. How long he will play tonight, don't really know what about the strength of stamina, and then coming back tomorrow, how he feels, and I would imagine he's going to be in there and the home opener when the the Tigers come in on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Planning on at least two at bats for Mookie tonight, maybe three, depending on how he feels. The team has a scheduled workout tomorrow at Dodgers Stadium. They will simulate some activity in terms of game stuff for Mookie bench. We'll see how he comes out of that, and then it's still to be determined whether or not he'll be in the lineup on Thursday, but that certainly is what he's shooting for at this point in time. Pitching matchup tonight, Dustin May makes his final tune up before the regular season. The right hander expected to go about five innings tonight, and he will go opposite right hander Jack Kohanowitz. Kohanowitz is one and one with a two nine two era here in spring training. Dodgers thirteen to nine and zero and the Angels eleven, seventeen and four. Lineups and first pitch not too far away.
Speaker 2: Timp all right, thank you very much, guys. Ask we got you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and mojos right now at Shaky's dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vaz say we'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup. We got your prize picks. Double play of the game next, so your Tani rewind and will visit with Kirsten Watson on the field.
Speaker 3: At the Big A and Anaheim.
Speaker 2: As we're leading you up to Dodgers and Angels, the final exhibition game of the spring, and it's back at it on Thursday with the home opener against the Detroit Tigers. First pitch tonight coming up with six oh seven. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass. The world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio network.
Speaker 1: Is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on, Todgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Angels final game of this three game exhibition freeway series.
Speaker 3: Dustin May on the mound.
Speaker 2: Jack Kiwanowitz goes for the Halo's first pitch, coming up at six o seven.
Speaker 8: This is the Otani Ree Why well showy Otani last night as returned to the Big A quiet evening at the point he goes zero for two in the Dodgers five to four loss to the Halos.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston down joined this with the Big A and Anaheim. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call h at eight seven seven. Cars for Kids friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's cars, So the Gay donate your car. Today a big night for Code Red, Dustin May Kirsten, it sure is.
Speaker 9: He's gonna have his final tune up upspring training, but he's doing it here. This is a big league stadium and yes it's still just spring training. But for dutcha May, he's been very transparent this spraying just as to how emotional the last few years have been for him, especially when you look at like the last six months, just whether it was coming off of surgery, been at the esophagus surgery, he has been someone who has been battling through and he realized that, you know, this game is very precious before life is very precious, and so to be back out here is incredibly meaningful to him. Dave Roberts talked about how he earned this fifth starter of the rotation. So today is going to be I do think we're going to see some emotions from him. He obviously is a pitcher who he's got big stuff and he is electric on the mound. You see his emotions on the mound, So I do think we'll get a little bit more of that. It is going to be I think different compared to when we see and have that game against the Graves that start that just regular season start back at Dodger Stadium. That's going to be something in itself. But just to have this moment he's back in a big league stadium, to be at this point in his career and where he's battled, I think today is going to be a very very special day boy dust In May. So it's going to be an exciting one.
Speaker 2: Another Dodger're glad to have another spring training game here before the home opener on Thursday's Mookie bet To We're going to see tonight.
Speaker 9: Yes he's in the lineup, but he was actually just out here on the field doing some drills of shortstop. He is someone who these these last few weeks have been very tough for him coming off that stomach virus, and as much as he was feeling better, he just wasn't able to keep solid food down. And so the last two days that has he's really turned a corner. He's been able to do that. Dave Roberts says that he's put a little bit of weight back on, he's regaining his strength, so he's going to be out there the plan for him is going to be like two to three at bad maybe four innings of defensive work. They're going to keep an eye on him just day by day. If things do go well today, and things go well and the workout tomorrow, then he could be out there for opening day. Now, the question is if he's out there for opening day, what does that look like for maybe this first series? Is he going to play all three? They've said again they're gonna play it by a year. They're gonna see how he feels each day. He wants to be an everyday player, of course, that's it's Mookie bets. But if it makes sense to maybe have him in there for two down for a day, things like that, we'll see what happens. But the fact that he's out there today is a really good sign for Mookie and he's excited. He feels, like he said, coming in today like it felt normal. So that's where we want him to be at normal, feeling good and being the guy that we've known the last few years that he's been in Dodger Blue and really that we've done throughout his entire.
Speaker 2: Career to big it's a marathon, not a sprint. No need for him the rush back, that is for sure, Kirsten. We appreciate it. We'll check out with you after the game. I'm up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Veasse goes one on one with first base coach Chris Woodward.
Speaker 3: Up next, Zo, we'll get you an.
Speaker 2: Injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It is the Dodgers and Angels final three way series game from the Big A and Anaheim is coming up. I'm Tim kas is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this beautiful Tuesday evening. To lead jump to first pitch Dodgers and Angels Morongo Casino Resorting Spy Grand Slam for good Times, Dustin May and Jackiwana. Which the pitching matchup? First pitch coming up at six oh seven.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers nine pitchers start the season on the il well when it resumes on Thursday, including Tony Gonsolin, Kyle Hurt, Clayton Kershaw, Michael Kopek, Evan Phillips, I mean she and Bruce dark raderol Michael Grove. You heard the good news from Kirsten that Mookie Betts in the lineup tonight. He hasn't played since March ninth, missed the games in Tokyo because of the stomach virus. But he is in the lineup and good to go this evening. It's head back out to the Big A and check in with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Gob anything else.
Speaker 7: Questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 5: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm sure there's gonna be some emotions. Dustin pitches with emotion regardless, but certainly this kind of trek and getting close to being back in a regular season game, I think in one sense he senses the finish line.
Speaker 7: In one sense of that he's had a really good spring.
Speaker 10: Like you said, he's earned the fifth spot and so he's had a good spring. So I'm looking forward to go out there and pete and pitch the way he has and just keep building on it. And I think you're going to see some fires and energy. And you know, right now we're in a pretty good spot when.
Speaker 11: You look at the spring that he had. What's set out to you most about him, Whether it was him getting back to just being healthy and in a really good spot, or maybe even him evolving as a big league pitcher coming off of the injuries and the surgery.
Speaker 10: I think the main thing that I've seen from Dustin is he's managing his emotions better.
Speaker 7: That's one part of and also.
Speaker 10: I think that you know, when he does start to lose command, he has shown the ability to get back into counts, get a groundball, double play when he needs to, get swing and missed when he needs to, as opposed to letting it sort of spiral out of control.
Speaker 12: What do you need to see from a Mookie tonight and tomorrow? The really full confident could be in there on Thursday.
Speaker 7: Now, will Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think with Mookie, obviously we're a lot of anticipation for him being back in the lineup.
Speaker 7: What do we expect to see?
Speaker 10: My hope is that he takes three at bats, plays you know, four or five innings of defense, and comes out of it feeling good and wanting for more. And then we'll kind of assess how he feels tomorrow as he takes more live at bats tomorrow during the workout.
Speaker 12: He doesn't either on Opening Day, Like, do you get to kind of manage that going forward? Was there any consideration like shutting him down, allowing him to get his way back before getting into big league games?
Speaker 10: Certainly consideration of doing that. I think it's it's more than like a day to day situation. And the conversations that I've had with Mookie, had with the training staff, the coaching staff, everyone feels that for today the right thing for him to do is to take three at bats versus not playing, and then tomorrow do the simulated and then we'll see where we're at for Opening Day. And I think right now it's a day to day type thing. But I will say I know Mookie's expectation is to be in there on opening deck.
Speaker 2: Well, let's hope he is there on Thursday when they take on the Detroit Tigers.
Speaker 3: Whill we continue here on.
Speaker 2: Maranggo Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll check in with David Bassay lean you up to first pitch final Exhibition Freeway Series game between the Dodgers and Angels, Dustin May on the Mountain.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six oh seven.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tack on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Angels, Dustin May, Jackiwano, it's the pitching man Chet. First pitch for the Big A's coming up at six oh seven.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger inside there, David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV. Mookie Betts is in the line line up still.
Speaker 2: I know we've a couple of times we've had him in the lineup, but he's been scratched.
Speaker 3: But fingers crossed, he's good to go.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I had a chance to just talk to Mooki for a couple of minutes when he came out for batting practice. He was in great spirits and feels great. So we'll see whether or not he feels that way after four or five innings of playing first time in two weeks. He's going to play in a game and we'll see how he feels after three at bats and four or five innings of work. But before the game he was in great spirits and you couldn't tell that he had been sick the last two weeks with a stomach bug. So he's feeling good and I'm sure he's excited that he can eat again without having any sort of worries.
Speaker 2: Dustin May gets to start tonight and he's earned a spot in the rotation. Go back to last night DV Tyler Glass Now, five really good innings. He up a solo home run to lead off the bottom of the first, but allowed just one hit after that, struck out nine along the way.
Speaker 3: He looks like he's ready.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: How about nineteen strikeouts this spring for Tyler Glass Now and only a couple of walks and limited innings. He really was dominant so far in spring training. And it's you know, this part of the season is not in question for Tyler Glass Now. Last year he missed the second half of the season. The Dodgers, as you know, down to two and a half starters in the postseason, and somehow, some way, found a way to win the World Series without glass now and coming into spring this year, tim he talked about being less conscious of trying to make the perfect pitch and having the perfect mechanics.
Speaker 7: I think so yeah.
Speaker 14: I think anytime you can kind of repeat your mechanics and not have that like conscious thought where everything's changing each pitch, I think it'll put me in a much better place, more like external focus. I guess it's like if I'm trying to bury a slider, I'm like, all right, I need to go buried slider, as opposed to being like how did that last one? I felt a little rotational and like it's like I'm trying to align everything correctly, and I think if it doesn't line up well in practice, it kind of leaks into the game. And I think if I can get good reps and like think about what I need to do in practice and then get my body in a good spot, it's easier to not think about it. So it's not like it's every time it's going to happen. I think every starting pitcher has times where they have to kind of grind and figure it out on the mound. But yeah, I think it's just as long as I can have like an external focus on the zone as opposed to me thinking about all my body parts, that usually goes a lot better for me, and.
Speaker 13: Those body parts along a lot of moving parts for a guy that's six', Five And Dave roberts stressed that To. Glass, now you're not always going to feel perfect on the. Mound you've got to find a way to get through. It and even on those days that you don't feel perfect doesn't mean it's a catastrophic.
Speaker 15: Situation and hopefully he's taken that to.
Speaker 2: Heart data is driven By. Ford if there's one thing we like his, choices find Yours with the fort f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric toughness mark can only be called f one Fifty, david what's the latest With Showy otani?
Speaker 13: Pitching you, Know, tim it feels like The dodgers are not going to Use otani until the second half of the, season and they really don't have. To why compromise what he does for them as the leadoff, hitter as the RINGING mvp when you have great starting pitching. Depth right, now he's going to throw a bullpen session On. Saturday but what's the rush to Get otani back on the starting mount for The. Dodgers there really isn't any sort of urgency like maybe The angels would Need otani starting for. Them The dodgers don't have. That they they have a great supporting cast For. Otani they don't need to rush, him and it doesn't seem like he's going to pitch as far as the timetable goes anytime Before.
Speaker 3: June all, RIGHT dv appreciate. It, well check back you with you just a little.
Speaker 2: Bit coming up here On Marongo Casino dodgers On, deck you're gonna hear from the first base Coach Chris woodward back with The dodgers this. Year we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup your prize, picks Double play of The, day but.
Speaker 3: Up next Your dodgers magical. Moment they'll go.
Speaker 2: Anywhere Dodgers, angels The Freeway. Series I'm Tim kates is the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network as we were, saying, yes He's Morongo Sino dodgers on jack on the official home Of La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball dodgers finish off the exhibition portion of their, schedule even though they've played two games already In japan to a oh to start the. Season back at it three games against The angels before they rack up On thursday against The Detroit. Tigers Dustin may on The mountain, tonight first pitch coming up at six oh.
Speaker 8: SEVEN i had a ball game without a hot.
Speaker 1: Dog who wants a Hot it's time for The Hawfy Magical. Moment Pitch magical presented By hawby Hot.
Speaker 2: Dogs well last season a lot of magical moments in The World Series championship. Year you go back To september, Nineteenth dodgers In, miami taken on The. Marlins what a day for Show Hey?
Speaker 4: Otani one, ball two, strikes runner at, third two outs.
Speaker 15: And the pitch coming to Show hey O? Tani hey swings hits a tract to. Laugh this ball's back.
Speaker 16: Number, fifty the first player in the history Of Major League baseball to have.
Speaker 7: A fifty to fifty.
Speaker 16: Season he is. Incredible show, hey Old tony with an opposite field home run fifty.
Speaker 15: Fifty what a day for Shaw.
Speaker 16: Hey he is the new all time single season home runs leader for The. Dodgers in the first Ever dodger with a fifty home run.
Speaker 2: Season Show, Hey otani hits fifty home runs on the, season fifty four to be, exact with fifty nine stolen, bases become the first member of the fifty to fifty. Club This hofey magical moment brought to By hopey Hot. Dogs hoffey soakows local treasure for nearly one hundred. Years hoppy Hot Dogs local and so. Great way we continue here On dodgers On. Deck we'll get your prize fixed double play of The, day and we'll hear From Rick. Mondays we lead you out to first Pitch dodgers And angels on This tuesday. Night I'm Tim kasey's world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network it Is Lorono, Casino dodgers On dodgers On. Deck y'all on the official home OF La Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Baseball dodgers And.
Speaker 2: ANGELS a freeway series from The BIG a Dustin may on The mount still to. Come we'll get you those keys to the. Game we'll hear From Chris, Woodward dodger first base. Coach plus we'll preview this pitching. Matchup but time now for the prize picks double play the day got.
Speaker 3: Him with the two for.
Speaker 4: One hard shot to third droves the second on the first double what double hole.
Speaker 1: Series this is The Prize picks Double play of The.
Speaker 2: Day join the more than ten million members Playing Daily Fantasy sports And Prize. Picks download The Prize picks app and use the code go blue to get fifty dollars instantly when you play your first five dollars.
Speaker 3: Lineup that's go.
Speaker 2: Blue when you sign up With Price, picks you just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win one thousand times your. Cash whether it's, strikeouts RBI's first and he, runs you pick more or less At Price. Picks again the code go blue when you sign. Up all, right here are the two picks for Opening. Day you can use them when you sign up and Play Freddy freeman more or less a half a hit in the season opener On. Thursday come, On Freddie freeman's gonna get at least one.
Speaker 3: Hit go.
Speaker 2: More how about Shoey otani more or less a half a walk On thursday and the home. OPENER i think he gets on base at least once via, Walk so go more on half a walk for show He otani. Again sign up play The Daily Fantasy sports At Price.
Speaker 3: Picks do it with me during the.
Speaker 2: Season use the code go blue and get fifty dollars instantly when you play your first five. Dollars Lineup Price picks.
Speaker 1: And now joined By David bass, saying here's La dodgers broadcaster And World series Champion Dodger Rick.
Speaker 13: Monday, rick we are finally at the fIF fish line of the exhibition season and The dodgers looking to pick things up On.
Speaker 15: THURSDAY i have one thing to, Say, david let's. Go that's how the players. Feel they are so.
Speaker 6: Ready, tired you, know and from a player's, Standpoint, okay, fine it's been. Weird it was weird again this year because of international. Playing you start the season, overseas this time In. Tokyo last year was In South. Korea, okay, fine all, well and good now you come. Back you played three practice. Games the only guy that's really excited about playing tonight actually. Two first of, All Dustin, may who's going to, Pitch and the other one Is Mookie, bets who's going to get start at. Shortstop after a very strange flu or a virus or whatever the heck it, was how Long moki would be able to go don't really, know but it is good news that he is in there. Tonight and this is the final practice. Game this is a game where you say to yourself in very loud, verse don't do anything stupid like dive into or run into a. Fence watch how you break up a double. Play watch how you do. This watch how you. Slide don't put your hand down and dislocate your shoulder while you are. Sliding don't run into another. Player all kinds of. Things and it's difficult to play the game while you're also telling yourself don't get.
Speaker 15: Hurt, yeah that's the biggest, thing you.
Speaker 7: Know.
Speaker 13: This back in nineteen eighty, six The dodger season tragically ended at second base When Pedro guerrero broke his leg at third.
Speaker 7: Base he was all third.
Speaker 6: Bage Joey malvatana was the, Coach joy was telling him to stand, up And pedro was in between standing up and sliding and he got full into a leak that had to be operated. On that was the final game At dodgertown At Vero beach before The dodgers are packed up and they came out of The west to play The Freeway. Series, so, yeah this is one of those games AND i think For Dustin, may this is a big. Outing even though he's not going to be with the ball club on opening, day at least on the home. Opener this is a big one for him to be able to get situated again on the. Mound how long he's going to, Go we're going to find. Out but he had a. Season you start to wonder last year what else could go wrong for? Him and this has been a good spring for him at this.
Speaker 13: Point, yeah it's got to be emotional and gratifying at the same time For Dustin may because he has n't pitched in a major league game in almost two.
Speaker 15: Years, yeah that's.
Speaker 6: TRUE i, mean can you imagine the difficult that he's gone through because he was not able to be around, You David vesse for months and months and, months and all of a, sudden he's going to get an overload of you. TODAY i don't know if you talk to him pregame or. Not you'll talk to him on the.
Speaker 13: Postgame oh, NO i don't even make eye contact with the starting Pitcher.
Speaker 7: Ray is He?
Speaker 6: Yeah but is he one of those.
Speaker 13: Guys he's one of those. Guys he's a hard Nosed texan likes to.
Speaker 6: Hunt, okay so you say hello to him twice. Tomorrow that's.
Speaker 15: Right i'll say hello twice. Tomorrow that. Works you know who wore me out Was Max. MUNSEY i can't shake this.
Speaker 6: Guy, well he's only. Here it's because of your electric.
Speaker 13: Personality that's, Why, Hey, rick before you back out of, here what Does Dave roberts and The dodgers have to see FROM mooki tonight to, say, Okay thursday is a green.
Speaker 6: Light let me try and be a little comical but very. Serious don't throw up during the. Game, Yeah AND i say that because that's been an. ISSUE i, Mean, Mookie Tim neber AND i were looking at him when he came out on the field to get some workouts on ground, balls and you look at, him he doesn't look like the same. GUY i, mean he has dropped a lot of. Weight question is going to be at the energy level he has, tonight he'll be ready to. GO i think hopefully when we have the home, opener that's just the days. Away And, david we're only days away from becoming a seven year, old because on the home, opener that's exactly what we turned. Into seven year, olds almost as if we're revisiting the backyard in those games we played so many many years ago About, hey this Is game seven of The World. Series let's.
Speaker 7: Go.
Speaker 13: Yeah rick's been a part of a few of those as a player and A dodger. Broadcaster thanks a lot for sharing your, Time, Rick i'll miss you tomorrow during the day.
Speaker 15: Off are you leaving well for?
Speaker 3: Now, YES i mean you're coming.
Speaker 7: Back?
Speaker 15: Yes, Okay, well check in With Rick monday And Tim.
Speaker 13: Neffert they are thoroughly thrilled to have me in the booth one more. Time we'll send it back to you the into. Studio.
Speaker 2: Tim all, right thanks, lot, Guys dodger, fans start your future To California Community. College financial aids available to help you with, tuition, books and sometimes even the.
Speaker 3: Rent it's time to take that next big.
Speaker 2: Step classes can fill up, quickly so enroll today AND i can go to college Dot. Com still to come here On dodgers On, deck we'll get you a preview this pitching. Matchup rick And tim will have the keys to the, game BUT i can actually go high and tight With Chris, Woodward dodger first base, Coach dodgers And angels a freeway series first pitch is six oh. Seven I'm tim kass the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network this Is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunters game on your home FOR La Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers And, angels The Freeway, Series Dustin, May Jack. Juanowitz the pitching Matchup Dodgers baseball is brought to you By zenji Hand Crafted.
Speaker 3: Sushi getting ready to enjoy the.
Speaker 2: Game you need a quick meal that's affordable and the whole family can.
Speaker 3: Enjoy pick Up.
Speaker 2: Zench hand crafted sushi made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with, precision passion and the. Tradition you can taste Find zench Hand Crafted sushi near the deli counter At ralph Zen she always, fast fresh and.
Speaker 1: Easy, david and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from A dodger.
Speaker 5: Player it's an engagement of. Endearment this is high and.
Speaker 13: Tight The dodgers are wrapping up their exhibition part of the schedule as they get ready for A thursday's home, opener and we're joined by a man that has come back to the. Organization he returned last year in a freelance type of effort where he was roving in the minor leagues and helping with the major.
Speaker 15: Leaguers but now he has a.
Speaker 13: Home he is the dodgers new first base coach after being the old third base, coach that is Former rangers Manager Chris.
Speaker 15: Woodward, chris thanks a lot for the.
Speaker 4: Time, oh always good to be.
Speaker 13: HERE i feel like the resume is, longer have to go through the entire resume, now.
Speaker 7: That's a good.
Speaker 17: Thing, Yeah i've been all over the place now and it's obviously great to be back. HERE i always you, know ONCE i got here in twenty, SIXTEEN i felt like it was. Home obviously grew up IN la but just the, organization you, know all the values and principles that we hold here are true to my heart. Too so it's good to be, back and it's obviously good to be back in a full time.
Speaker 13: Role, yeah it feels like it's seamless because you were so entrenched in the fabric of what The dodgers were building back even in twenty.
Speaker 17: Fifteen, Yeah, no it's it's been a phenomenal experience obviously for my time before getting to know everybody in the. Organization but the last couple of, years especially last, year really digging into a lot of our processes and people AND i, know every single person in the organization top to, bottom from you, know our lowest level to our highest. Level and it just, helps obviously in this role now to make sure that we're we're doing things consistent throughout the organization and ultimately at this top, level but we're trying to build, champions so that we're building champions throughout the.
Speaker 13: Organization speaking of, that you get to see all those young players in one place at Camel Back ranch who stood out to you and really embodies everything that you're.
Speaker 15: Preaching, shoot, man we have a bunch of.
Speaker 17: Guys we do a really good job in the in the draft, room and obviously in the guys that we. Acquire there's a lot of guys that we've acquired that are currently on our major league roster via you, know designated for assignment or trade or. Draft but like just seeing all of the younger guys that we have throughout the. System we obviously have some guys In TRIPLE a that you, KNOW i, know we just sent out and, down but like you, know guys Like Alex Freelan dalton Rushing, uh there's so many guys that are going to contribute to our. Team AND i know that because they have that kind of you, know material that that we look for not only on.
Speaker 7: The, field but off the field as.
Speaker 13: Well Chris, woodward The dodgers first base coaches back in the, organization you worked a lot With Mookie betts before spring training even. Started how frustrating is it for him to have this stomach virus that has caused him to lose close to twenty.
Speaker 17: Pounds, yeah it, Sucks it's NOT i gotta, OBVIOUSLY i think you, Know mookie's so so, resilient so, disciplined and you, know so dedicated to his craft that, yes it's gonna hurt him in the short, term but a long TERM i think he'll be. Fine you, know just watching him work today and all the reports are. Great we just got to get him feeling. Healthy but the skill set obviously working on a short. Stop you, know the SECOND i got the, job we were he wanted to work In, november you know WHAT i, mean we just won The World series and he's already out there.
Speaker 7: Working but he.
Speaker 17: Didn't you, know he basically worked almost every day in the, offseason just trying to figure it, out trying to you, know get this thing as tight as possible so he can be a championship caliber. Shortstop i'm really excited to watch him play because he's put so much work into.
Speaker 13: It he said last, night it feels like he's having to start the season. Uphill how challenging is it going to be for him to play a demanding position and losing as much weight as he.
Speaker 17: Did, yeah he's got to, obviously you, know get some calories in him and make sure it's it's It's he's kind of reminds me of, myself you, know and we were both very, lean AND.
Speaker 15: I can't relate to.
Speaker 17: That it was really hard to gain, weight and IF i lost a, pound it was really hard to gain it. Back so for him to lose out much, weight it's it's gonna be. Tough but he just got to take it day by day and just you, know if it's six ounces a day that he, gains that's all he can.
Speaker 7: Do that's what he's got to.
Speaker 17: Do but you, know if anybody can handle that kind of, adversity it's Obviously Mookie. Betts he loves a, Challenge he loves a chip on his shoulder and he's out there to prove to the world that he's he's our.
Speaker 3: Guy shortst.
Speaker 13: Up all, Right, woody great to have you, back seeing you every. Day he got the tan, going the, glow the, beard, everything nothing's, changed especially the big Heart Chris woodward has and the great intentions he has to help The dodgers.
Speaker 15: Succeed thanks a lot for the.
Speaker 7: TIME i appreciate. IT i just got a few more.
Speaker 17: Graves that's. Awful so, Yeah i'll Get i'm excited to be back and went it back to.
Speaker 15: Back, yeah love.
Speaker 13: It run it back With Chris woodward at first, Base Dino ebol as the third base. Coach tim will send it back to you in the. Studio all, right thanks a lot OF.
Speaker 2: Dv Dodgers baseball is brought to you By Shakey's Pizza, parlor the official pizza partner of The dodgers audio. Broadcast but it's game, Night it's group night At shakys Dot. Com or leading you up to first Pitch dodgers And angels final game of The Freeway. Series we'll break down this pitching matchup and when we, Return I'm Tim kates is the world Champion Los Angeles dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Note this Is Marongo Casino dodgers on tap.
Speaker 5: On your home for The blue all season.
Speaker 3: Long dodgers And.
Speaker 2: Angels dodgers finished up this three game Exhibition freeways series with The angels first.
Speaker 3: Pitch coming up at six oh.
Speaker 1: Seven and now before The dodgers hit the, dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup where'sented by Your Southern California toyota. Dealers work hard and play hard at A New tacoma with AN I force turbo charged. Engine it's a truck built for the. Bulls see Your toyota dealer. Today they make it. Easy Jack juanawitz on the, mound twenty four year old right hander out Of, philadelphia third round pick of The angels in twenty, nineteen made his major league debut Last. July started eleven games for The angels and twenty five strikeout it's over sixty five and a third. Innings this, spring the twenty four year old posted a two ninety TWO era in Four Cactus league. Starts he struck out seven and twelve and a third, innings good enough For Ron washington to name him the fifth starter in the rotation to start this. Season Dustin may on the mound for The, dodgers twenty seven year old righthand or third round pick in twenty sixteen out of high. School it's been twos plus season since he has pitched in A Big league. Game of, course he had a setback last. Year it's a sophagus. Injury before, that he Had Tommy john surgery in twenty twenty. Three Dodgers angels for fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys of the. Game our, Next I'm Tim Katson's world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio Nov. As we were, saying this Is Marongo, Casino dodgers on jack, on the official home Of La Dodgers. Baseball dodgers And, angels wrapping up The Freeway. Series first pitch coming up in just over ten. Minutes before, that let's head back out to the. Booth Tim Neverttrick, monday, guys, damn thanks.
Speaker 4: Again we count it. Out with the first pitch here tonight At Angels stadium In. Anaheim Dustin may with the start for The. Dodgers want to zero in a five to four zero earn run. Average may was not in the plans For. Japan there wasn't any innings available for him on that, trip so he stayed behind At Camelback, ranch stayed on, schedule continues on schedule here.
Speaker 7: Tonight.
Speaker 6: YEAH i think consistency is the one thing That Dave robertson is looking for out Of Dustin. Maye both of the fastball that can be just absolutely overpowering with the, movement and the breaking bowl too sometimes gets ahead of the breaking bowl kind of flattens down a little bit. More it's a big pitch to kind of keep hitters. Neutralized and for This dodger ball, Club, yeah it's going to BE i think a fast. Exit and there may be a couple of the players as they get in the cars who head back To adela may be listening to us for maybe traffic reports northbound in the fifty seven he.
Speaker 4: Gave him last, night maybe you'll give another. Tonight as far as The dodger offense goes Against Jack, kohanowitz the twenty four year old out Of, Bremmer, pennsylvania the key for The dodgers tonight is to deal with his heavy. Sinker he's got a sinker that can get up in the upper, nineties maybe even touch one.
Speaker 6: Hundred, yeah and a lot of ground bawl. Outs he's the guy that throws, strikes very heavily laden as far as the strikes, goes low strikeout, rate but he gets a lot of ground. Balls make him move the ball up in the strike.
Speaker 4: Zone Dustin may Against Jack. Ohanowitz that's your pitching matchup as The dodgers take on The angels in the third and final. Game it's the rubber game of The freeway. Series in the final exhibition game of twenty eight twenty, Five tim.
Speaker 2: All, right first pitch when we come, back final exhibition game of the regular, spring and then it's back to all the regular.
Speaker 3: Season, yes it's.
Speaker 2: Confusing two games Of Japan dodgers two to, zero back for three games exhibition style against The, angels and then it's back at it for the games that. Count the home opener On thursday at four o'clock against The Detroit. Tigers but tonight they wrap things up against The. Angels Dustin may on the, Mound dodgers. Halos when we would come, Back I'm Tim, kase the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio network