Speaker 1: Five o five the five k r C, the detalk station. Happy Monday.
Speaker 2: I'm the dude, man.
Speaker 1: I'm Brian Thomas. I'm not the dude. Happy Monday to you folks. If you had a wonderful weekend. Hey, I have a sixty three today, you're at the top of that our news the record sixty six degrees from eighteen eighty three. Do we have global warming pre industrial revolution going on back then or something?
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, that's right. It's a climate change anyway, fun statistic that one anyway, coming up seven twenty the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smithman with the Smither Event. Always appreciate having Christopher on the program, so thoughts, comments, insights, and quite often going on a tear Christopher does. And every Monday at seven twenties when we get to hear from him, and today is no different than that money Monday with Brian James. It is Monday, Brian James, Every Monday at eight oh five. Tariffs, tariffs, tariffs, tariff tariffs. Also among other topics with Brian James, fed says it's stay and put GDP Slow's four point twenty five four point five percent, more and more young families unable to afford a home, which is a real sad state of affairs, and that is just a practical reality. Karrisee Caris Sincidiva and the studio at eight forty or on the program at eight forty, always enjoy helping out the cincinnti VA spreading the news and the information about the benefits of signing up for you your VA coverage. So it's more than just medical. It's especially medical care. People kind of view it as medical insurance, but no, it's actual care. So VA does good things for our local veterans. And not all vas are built the same. Not al of them as well oiled a machine. And I know the Cincinniva is not perfect, but it really is striving to do the best it can for the American veterans. And I truly appreciate him for that work and that effort. So I also appreciate hearing from you. You've got a comment, maybe something about the tariffs. I do have a feeling that's going to impact all of this. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two to three talk found five fifty on at T funds. And in case you're looking for clarity on why Trump is imposing the tariffs or has imposed the tariffs, twenty five percent additional tariffs and imports from Canada and Mexico ten percent on additional teriffs from China. It's all about and I got this statement from the White House, all about illegal immigration and entanyl. And if you stop for a moment, you think about the chaos that's going to ensue, and oh my god, the price is going to go through the roof. And you know, our relationships with Chai, with Canada and Mexico going to be strained, already strained with China, hell, probably couldn't be strained anymore. It's all about fentanyl and illegal immigration. And they have to ask myself out loud, and I'll ask you out loud, maybe even answer to this, Why in the hell would in Canada and Mexico be interested in helping stop the production and in an importation of fentanyl. Just ignore the migrant situation for a moment, because of course, if we had really strong border security, and I recognize the number of miles along the border between the United States and Canada, the United States and Mexico make it a little difficult to secure it one hundred percent. But the Biden administration didn't do anything whatsoever to secure the border. In fact, facilitated people coming into the country CVP one application where you could just apply for coming into the United States and then get flown directly from your country into the United States. That's not border security. But we could do something about the border. And I don't think it's possible to stop the flow of drugs into the country given that. I mean, hell, a drone can carry quite a bit of a payload if you flew a drone from Mexico over the wall, if one existed, then you wouldn't have any problem getting drugs into the country. But ignoring those practical realities, why wouldn't those two governments want to help us stop that? I think it's an illustration, at least in Mexico, the fact that the cartels pretty much run the country, and they of course make billions of dollars. We obviously have a strong demand here in our country. What is with everybody in the United States? What you get all whacked out on drugs? For anyway, it's cocaine for a long time, you know, the cartels built the cocaine trade, and now it's fentanyl. Unbelievably deadly stuff that is anyway, Donald Trump calling in an emergency situation international Emergency Economic Powers Act. That's what he asserted, because of yeah, fentanyl and immigration. John taking bold action to hold Mexico, Canada, and China accountable for the promises of halting illegal immigration and stopping poisonous ventanyl and other drugs from flowing into our country. He said. Chinese officials have failed to take the actions necessary to stem the flow of precursor chemicals to known criminal cartels, which they do. They send them directly and the cartels put it together and ship it off to the United States. Canada is involved in that too. According to the release, a recent study recognized Canada's heightened domestic production of fentanyl and it's growing footprint within international narcotics distribution. Doesn't Canada have a vested interest in putting a halt to this? I just don't understand the reason we have to go down this road. I can't we all agree that fentanyl bad, fentan bad. I just don't understand. Tariff they said, we're remain in effect until such time as drugs in particular fentanyl and all illegal aliens. Stop this invasion of our country. It's got an exclamation point out of it. It's statment from Donald Trump. So what's gonna happen?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: Among other items that will become more expensive? Are you ready? Jeene Well and Wall Street Journal reporting cherry tomatoes, And I might add the Thomas household had a bumper crop of cherry tomatoes over in the garden last year, so much so that we have jars and jars and jars filled with tomato sauce made from cherry tomatoes, tomato juice made from cherry tomatoes. You may think cherry tomatoes, Actually they're really really good. You get the right brand and they have that sweetness that you know full sized tomatoes have. But cherry tomatoes on the list. Canada big supply to the of cherry tomatoes. I guess us Canadian producers grow them in giant greenhouses near the United States border. Mexico also supplies tomatoes. Economist warning the domestic producers will be tempted to increase their prices to match price on imports. Yes, we do grow them here and they're easy to grow, folks. Will I will tell you that Tonka trucks, Joe, You're gonna be able to handle a ten percent increase on Tonka trucks coming from China? Do you think so? Ten percent import on tariff on Chinese goods will raise the retail price of the Tonka trucks. With over a million of those Tonker trucks sold in the United States each year, every one of them made in Ohio. Currently priced twenty nine to ninety nine, they might rise to about thirty four to ninety nine, according to a chief executive of Basic Fund, the toys manufacturer guy named Jay Foreman. Interestingly enough, it's not just Tonker trucks. More than eighty percent of toys sold in the United States are manufactured in China, data shared by the Toy Association, which is described as an industry group. Maple syrup just tapped the maple trees in the Thomas Yard today. You can do that. It's pretty simple to do. We've been making maple syrup now for a couple of years. Tap the trees, get a bucket, boil it down, and you've got unbelievably wonderful maple syrup. So if you don't want to go to the store and pay a lot for the tariff Canadian maple syrup. More than sixty percent of Canada's production is exported into the United States. Canada and the United States are the only two countries that produce commercial scale level maple syrup. Now you don't have to go with commercial scale. You got a maple tree in your backyard, tap it. It's not difficult. It's also fun. I mean, how many people out there can say, hey, I made my own maple syrup. Tequila? Uh oh yeah, we are the largest market for Mexican tequila, apparently much more popular now than it used to be. And uh oh, saygabydy or avocado toast. More than eighty percent of US avocados come from Mexico. Cord of the US Department of Agriculture in Mexico provides about half. Here's a more troubling figure. Mexico provides about half of the United States fresh produce imports, and, notably, given the climate difference between Mexico and the United States, described as a particularly important supplier of produce in the winter time. So undoubtedly your grocery bill is going to get higher if you spend any time in the produce department of your local grocery, sport, smartphones from China. Of course, now you know, Trump's not the only one. We have tariffs on the on industrial goods from China. Biden administration also plays tariffs on industrial goods. However, most consumer goods like smartphones were spared from the additional import tariffs in what the journal describes as an effort to avoid the wrath of American consumers and across the board. Ten percent tariff on goods made from China, which is what it is, will also include smartphones for the first time, and maybe it will cause price increases. I think you can say possibly or maybe and strike that from the sentence and say they will. This was a particularly funny reference because you know, you could probably pick out a litany of fact thousands of different products which are going to be impacted by the tariffs. Well, the Street Jaranoil identified sledge hammers made in China. Sledge Hammers made in China already face an import tariff of twenty five percent when they're imported here in the United States. The additional tariff will of course raised the price even further. However, take a quick look there are several sledgehammer models made here in the United States. You needn't rely on Chinese made sledge hammer bless America all because of fentanyl and illegal immigration. Does anybody think there's any other perhaps reasons to want to engage in this tariff war that we now have going on between Canada, Mexico and China. And of course Canada Mexico already renounced retaliatory tariffs over the weekend in retaliation for the ones that Trump announced, So nobody saw that coming. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on his way out of office. The actions taken today by the White House split US apart instead of bringing us together. They are placing matching twenty five percent tariffs up to one hundred and fifty five billion dollars in US imports, including alcohol and fruit. Kentucky bourbon producers probably a little upset about that. Trudeau, warning of economic pain due to the tariffs, encouraged Canadians to choose Canadian products and services rather than American ones. Right, It's gonna have real consequences for people workers on both sides of our border. He said, we don't want to be here, we didn't ask for this, but we will not back down in standing up for both Canadians and for the incredible successful relationship between Canada the United States. For her part, Mexican President and then Claudia Scheinbaum also ordered retaliatory tariffs, saying, we categoryally reject the Right House slander that the American government has alliances with or that the Mexican government has alliances with criminal organizations, as well as any intentions of meddling in our territory. Well, I'm surprised she's able to say that through a straight face. Nobody's paid attention to the situation deteriorating as it has been deteriorating for decades. Has to recognize the Mexican cartels pretty much had the upper hand when it comes to who controls Mexico. If you're a politician running for office in Mexico, or if you're an elected official in Mexico and you take a stand against the cartels in any way, shape or form, you end up dead. It's like a foregone conclusion. Shinebold says the United States government's agencies wanted to address the serious fentanyl consumption in their country, they could fight the sale of drugs on the streets of their major cities, which they don't do. And the laundering of money that is illegal activity generates that has done so much to harm its population. I can't disagree completely with that. You know that whole defund the police movement and the decriminalization of drug use, You think that's had an impact on increasing or decreasing the demand for drugs in our country. If you defund the police and not as many officers on the street, given that there's the ratio of officers to humanity in any given city, even in the most highest employment of officers point in history, like if we had a full contingent, it would only be like eleven hundred cincin anty police officers to deal with like roughly two hundred and fifty three hundred thousand people. How could you possibly control all of the drug activity in any given neighborhood with that ratio? You can't. Maybe if our demand went down, maybe if we reflected on ourselves as a society and realizing we're propping up all of this criminal enterprise and we're now in a trade war with Canada and Mexico as well as China because we just can't say no to the drugs. Five twenty fifty five case detalk stations stick around more to talk about your Phone calls are always welcome, so feel free to call up at the bright back with age a lot of people. Is there a tax on this too, he said Chuck MANGIONI, well, I don't want you to play more than twenty seconds. You're you're not You're not you? You did avoid the tax. You know you're not old enough to remember when you couldn't get away from that damn song They played it like every five minutes on radio back in the seventies. God, I not gonna have an earworm in my head coming off the heels of a week of having fear as never boring run through my head. Just full that song up from the Raisins, Joe. I made a lot of people smile when I posted that on Facebook, anyway, and that allows me to use up the balance at the time for this segment. Getting back on time, local stories or phone calls, you can feel free to call it prefer talking with you and doing local stories, but hey, I'll take it either way. Five one, three, seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk pound FI fifty on AT and T phones It's five twenty five year fifty five KR City Talk station.
Speaker 4: Removing DEI inside the Pentagon, reinstating troops who were pushed out because of COVID mandate, Iron Dome for America.
Speaker 5: This is the sound. We are going to restore law and order of America. Returning to factory setting.
Speaker 6: We're tracking down the illegal alien criminal. We are throwing them the hell out of our country. We have no apologies and very dangerous people. And there's a lot to talk about.
Speaker 5: President trumple will have a heavy hand and we will support him on that, regardless of who stands up against.
Speaker 7: Fifty five k the talk stations.
Speaker 1: Canadian band tribute day to day, but only twenty seconds. I know, because you don't want to pay the additional twenty five percent tariff. Awesome lyrics. That song has awesome lyrics. Anyhow, Apparently no one wants to talk to me, So I do local stories. Dave had or making it into the local stories. Look at that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In addition to Tech Friday interest, I t Dave had results to the mayor of Fort Wright, Kentucky, and he is aware of the speeding problem Amsterdam Road in Fort Wright. Apparently everyone loves to speed on it. There's some stats on it too, So I live very close to there, walk in the neighborhood all the time, and I see it firsthand. So recently the issue was brought up to him by multiple residents who live on Amsterdam Ron. He said, a lot of residents in the area are frustrated. I hear the complaints and I know they're legit because I see it myself. Speed limit Amsterdam Road twenty five miles per hour. Apparently everyone driving more than forty miles per hour, and they've also notes that they blow the stoplights. Are the stop signs off? Studied by the police department last year found that during one week in January seventy, roughly seventy percent of drivers were speeding. Similar study conducted in August, number of speeding drivers decrease, still showed nearly a quarter. We're going over the speed limit. I just said, the biggest people is people. The biggest problem is people during the stop signs, says, people don't even tap the brakes. Sometimes they go right through the stop signs. Growing tired of the problem, he is now working with police to increase patrols in the area. So we just want people to slow down and think about safety again for themselves and others Fort Right Police, saying that there is a heavy police presence now and it will be seen in the area for the foreseeable future. So if you're getting ready to drive down Amstein Avenue, keep your eyes peeled for the cops because they may be there. Potter City wants to make it clear not to meet some of a sort of quota. He said. The city doesn't benefit financially from police citations, saying almost none of that money comes back to the City of Fort Wright, simply a matter of keeping people safe. Quote, let's not create a situation where someone gets injured or killed simply due to bad driving behavior when it's something that's so simple to stop. Sounds right. Peter Crabel sitting in the parking lot of Coraine Township Walgreens when a bullet went through the back of his van and into his liver stray shot fired by a publicly unidentified publicly unidentified suspect in the double killing of two brothers across the street at Popeye'es over a couple of weeks ago. He's been recovering since he's picking up a prescription from Walgreens, apparently for a toothache. He found himself needed to roll out of the car and go inside to ask for help. I guess after his liver had been punctioned by the air bullet. Two women came to his aid after he entered the Walgreens, applying pressure to the wound while he waited for paramedics to arrive. Grab told the women applying the pressure to tell his wife, Sander he loved her, as he didn't know if he was going to make it to the hospital. Wow brought to the ICU at University of Sincinni Medical Center, where his liver and a cracked rib had been healing from the gunshot, and his gallbladder had to be removed. He said. After a couple of surgeries and a lot of procedures, I become stable and getting better. So I remember everything from the bullet to the operating room. I woke up feeling blessed to be alive. Amen. Colerain Township police call it just before one pm January sixteenth, to the intersection of Cole Rain in Springdale, where Rashaan Robinson and his brother Willie Dishawn Robinson died at the scene shooting in the parking lot of the Popeyes Louisi in the kitchen, one of the brothers inside of Blue, Infinity in the other just outside of the vehicle. According to the Cornine Townships Plus spokesperson, Infinity had twelve gun shots through the passenger window. Police haven't yet released a motive or announced any arrest in the shooting. However, court records show that Rashawn Robinson publicly expressed his fears of being killed in a court filing years before his death. Spokes Version confirmed Crable was not an intended target in the shooting, but he says he's facing months of rehab after he's discharge from the hospital. No kidding, dangerous out there, good Amazewell, Kentucky or A body of a Mazell woman who was reported missing for weeks found over the weekend. On Saturday morning, court to the Maysville Police, They along with the Buffalo Trace Search and Rescue, found the body of Eugena Harris Cooley, forty seven years old, near the area of Walld Park in Mason County. Not clear what happened to her or Dota daughter Jidjishaw West that her mom was last seen walking out of her apartment complex December twenty first. Police working with the Mason County Coroner's office to investigate the cause of death. Boone County judge has ousted all Union City commissioners, avoiding the commission's in tired November general election after claims of election fraud. Decision came out on late Friday, Boon County Circuit Court Judge Richard Bruggaman granted former Union City Commissioner Doug Bind's election contest. In December, Boon County Judge Niner restraining order that would have prevented the newly elected commissioners from taking their seats January first. The attempt came after buying fout a lawsuit contesting the results of the November election. With this decision, all three newly elected commissioners, John Mefford, Brian Garner, and Eric Delaney have been ousted from their seats. The decision leaves Mayor Larry Solomon as the only member of the city Commission. Solomon will now hold a commission meeting. I guess today it is a third, isn't it. Yeah, sure is, and he'll likely begin the process of appointing new members as the commission, as directed by the court. BiiN has requested a new citywide election instead. Of appointments because due to scheduling, the appointments will continue until twenty twenty seven. Brugerman agreed with Byn's lawsuit claims that hundreds of illegal votes in Boone County changed the outcome of the commission race, which he lost. Five candidates running for four open seats. Buying lost by sixty five votes. His lawsuit claims that more than five hundred people illegally voted in Union Precinct one and Union Precinct four. EECE Judge Bergermann and his judgment quote there could be as many as eight hundred invalid votes between Union one and four. Some parties contend that nine hundred and thirty two ballots were cast. It could be equally assumed that all city ballots had been given to the twelve hundred and fifty nine non city voters. In any event that disparity is greater than five hundred and ninety nine votes, Find's attorney, Steve Murgerley said after the ruling he plans to reach out to the Assistant Attorney General nominee for the Civil Rights Division and request a federal audit and investigation. Huh voter fraud Joe, It does exist someplace five thirty six many five krs de talk station. You got pain, knee pain, hip pain, back pain. That our threat is pain and driving you crazy. It started out like just a little bit of ache, and then it's become this permanent thing. So it makes it impossible for you to walk up downstairs and engage in life activities without feeling that pain. And you've been to the doctor and you've gotten steroid injections, and you maybe have had a discussion already about surgery. Well, stop what you're doing right now and check it out. How about a life of comfort and ease with no surgery in meds? And if you're a good candidate for treatment from QC Kinetics, which is right here in Cincinnati area, they can get you there. The nation's leader in regenerative cellular treatments, giving people you like you an option other than surgery. All natural approach harnessing your body's own healing properties to treat the root cause of your arthritic pain. You see Kinex joint pain treatments are life changing and have been so for tens of thousands of satisfied patients, and more and more people stepping up and checking them out, finding out if this is a possible treatment for you through a free consultation. Yes, you can't have real lasting relief from chronic joint pain without drug surgery and no downtime. Learn about your options. You see kinetics and again the consultation is free. It's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. You know it's coming once again. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: Your hands were.
Speaker 1: Comfortably one for about Fair City Talk station. Yeah, Rick, I know that Trump's tariffs are the retalia and the predicate, as he stated in this announcement over and over again, is for illegal immigration and fentanyl, and I must observe. You know, like I said, it would be really easy. I would think, at least to take some efforts by the Mexican government's, Canadian governments and the horse of Chinese if they were interested in it. I would expect cooperation from Mexico and Canada. Mexico's got the cartel situation they have to deal with prevents them from actually doing anything about it. Canada, I don't know, but they say that fentanyl production is increased in Canada as well. But as far as Chinese is concerned, I mean, selling fentanyl precursors to Mexican cartels is an act of war. I think they enjoy and are gleefully watching the damage that's being done to our country with this massive amount of death and destruction and dependence that fentanyl has created. Aug what are the points it was made in Trump's announcement last year Customs and Border Protection handed more than twenty one thousand pounds of fentanyl at our borders, enough to kill I'm just staring at all at this figure. Enough to kill more than four billion people, and that's what they found. A lot of it's making it into the streets. Yeah, it's is. It is a subtle, nefarious, that yet genuine act of war. It's like the the info wars that we're engaged with, and the gathering up of data and the attacking of our computer systems and the installation of nefarious software so they can flip a switch and shut us all down a moment's notice. Anyhow, Yeah, I'm aware of that. Over the stack is stupid Detroit, a priest who hosts an exorcism podcast. Thank you, Joe, That's exactly what I was thinking. Facing charges after he allegedly took a piece of hair from a teenage girl's head and used it to floss his teeth. There's no flag for us, amen, and there isn't for this, one, prosecutor said January twenty second. The criminal complaint about Michigan priest Father Carlos Martins of Detroit, that he placed hair of a miner in his mouth in an insulting or provoking nature. That's part of the complaint. He's the host of and you can check it out for yourself the exorcist files. Why you want to check that out beyond my understanding. Charged with mis demeter, battery, and Illinois over the lleged incident happened November twenty fifth, He says he's denied the allegations. Ledgend incident had happened in the Diocese of Joliet, where Martin's ministry group was there while on a nationwide American tour with the Relic of Saint Jude Okay, teenage boy told police, who's waiting the line to see the relic when bald? And he is? I see his head bald and Martin's made jokes about what he used to have hair, and then he grabbed the thirteen year old girl's hair and put it in his mouth. Okay, I guess People magazine reporting on this when the boy told police that Martin then allegedly proceeded to make a flossing motion with the girl's hair and later that day sat behind the girl in the pew and made growling noises. Diocese a Joli had released a statement about the incident and said they ordered Martin's to quote depart from our parish and out of our diocese close quote taking it to custody January seventh, and charged with battery. What what the HELLI forty five five karosity talks dacy for in exchange, get your imported car service at for an exchange. It's the right thing to do because you want to save money, don't you. You want a great mechanic working on your car, and you're going to get both of those, saving money compared to the dealership. They don't charge nearly as much. And of course a se certified master technicians working on your car. You'll leave with a full warranty on parts and service. And I love those folks at Foreign Exchange been helping us with our imported cars for years and years and years. Always enjoy the experience because they're so very friendly, and I know how much money I'm saving, at least in many cases. And of course they have loaner cars if you need one, sure, just ask them about that. Software updates, programming, they have data access to your manufacturers technical information. And in addition to traditional Asian and European manufactured cars, they also service Tesla. So if you're driving a Tesla and it needs service, get it on into Foreign Exchange and get the foreign Exchange experience you will thoroughly enjoy. At Westchester's where we go, and you'll see at the website there are several different Foreign Exchange locations. I recommend the Westchester one because I know Austin and the crew there so very well. We've been going there again for years. Tylersville exit right off of I seventy five East two Street hanger right on Kinglin and you're there. Very convenient, at least from my perspective anyway. So online Foreign X for in the letter X dot com. Here's the number for Westchester five one, three six four four twenty six twenty six five one, three, six, four, four, twenty six, twenty six.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC if you five fifty.
Speaker 1: To fifty five KERC DE talk station Happy a Monday, Monday Monday with Brian James Ado five Christopher Smitheman with a Smither event at seven to twenty phone calls always welcome. Let me get this one more status Tuba story before we get to Bobby. Bobby, hang on one moment got an OnlyFans model fell to her death while filming a pornographic scene. What New York Post reporting twenty seven year old adult entertainment star and she'll love that word, so she's only a started the extent she's known by people. Anna Beatriz Pierra Alves is known online as to her fans as Anna Polly. Died after four long from a hotel balcony in Brazil January twenty third. Court to the reporting, she was in the middle of filming a pornographic scene with two men and that's when she fell to the ground floor courtyard of the Mont Blanc Apart hotel, described as a four hotel. A four star hotel located in the Nova Iguacu, Brazil, Wherever the hell that is. Don't know court to the reporting. When questioned by authorities, the two men offered conflicting testimonies, but police released the men after questioning. Foul play has not been ruled out, though, according to the police spokesperson, the comp this is a complex case. We don't rule out any possibility, from an accident to possible crime. Was reported that her boyfriend I struggle with that she's a pornographic actress. How do you maintain a relationship with a woman who is having sex with other people for a living. Can't reconcile that. Maybe maybe I'm just more of a traditionalist anyway. Pedro Henrique Pedro Enrique went on social media to morning passing, writing as the hours pass, it's starting to sink in and the whole phrasing, thank you, Joe. The hole in my heart is only getting bigger. If someone is to blame, they will pay and the culprit will be found. His hole's getting bigger, Joe frazing, Bobby, Welcome to the five Caresey Morning Show. Happy Monday to you, my friend.
Speaker 8: Heats flags family of forty five seventies.
Speaker 1: My brother there you are, big boomstick.
Speaker 8: That dance as member but D and D.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that'll it'll definitely cause that anyhow. What's on it's on your mind today, Bobby.
Speaker 8: Well, we've got all these deterrents and everything that President's trying to implement, but you've got to look back on history of true cases cases of deterrent. The grade Impaler when he starts sticking pikes down the road to his kingdom.
Speaker 1: Vlad the Impaler, Yes, as a warning to other people who might consider doing him harm.
Speaker 8: Yes, are you to stick heads on the top of the pikes going down to each side of the road. That is a deterrent to these cartels.
Speaker 1: I suspect, but I'd like to think we have higher moral ground than Glad the Impaler. My recollection is he killed his own people and impaled them as a warning to other would be invaders. Look, if this guy's nut job enough to kill his own people and stick them on post as a warning, he might do worse to us.
Speaker 8: It's just a deterrent. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. It's just what they perceive it to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bobby, I know you'd like to keep your tongue in your cheek, and I'd like to think that's where it is right. Now, be careful you might pop a hole in it with comments like that. I can't abide impaling people as a deterrent. It's both parallels to be drawn with the the tariffs anyhow, Thank you, Bobby forty five seventy. We've got a brighton Colorado where a woman's been charged with murder after she killed her boyfriend because he expressed doubt about her chances of getting a job. Twenty nine year old Ashley began having serious issues with the relationship with twenty eight year old Cody Deleisa, largely surrounding her difficulty in finding work. According to the press release in the District Attorney's office there, at some point, White became so frustrated with the relationship that she attempted to drown and burn his cat well While attended a job interview eight August thirteenth, twenty twenty, and rode home in a public bus while texting Deleise about how it went. He apparently expressed skepticism about her chances of getting a job, which frustrated her. Or to the release, White met with a man on the bus who called himself Scott and asked if she was in a relationship with a man and whether he raped her. This doesn't make any sense to me. Wright responded that he had, and Scott then said they must kill him. White and Scott got off the bus together. The pair shot a gun belonging to Scott before making the way into White's home and confronting Delesa's. Scott introduced himself to de Lisa as White's brother from Texas, and at some point after the pair arrived at Delesea's he was shot twice in the head.
Speaker 6: That does not make it it.
Speaker 1: He literally does not. Joe, I just read the article and I'm more confused now as a human being than I was. I feel actually dumber for having read this. I had no idea, so I needed to itally. It is Monday, and it is in the five o'clock hour, still a few moments remaining in it. Four minutes to be specific, five fifty six. Stick around, got more to talk about in the six o'clock hour, and yeah, please feel free to call. Maybe you got something on your mind other than impaling people as a deterrent to outsiders. I'll be right back after the news.
Speaker 6: Covering Trump's first one hundred days every day, every day Promises made, promises kept. Fifty five KRS the talk.
Speaker 10: Station, run a business and not thinking about podcasting.
Speaker 1: Six oh six. Here at fifty five k r CD Talk Station, Brian Thomas hoping we had a really wonderful weekend. Happy Monday. Like it or not, we are here. Good day to tune in the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Two things usually on the agenda, and they're on today seven twenty with the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smithman, and this Smither event with Monday Monday, Brian James. Fast forward two hours. We'll hear from Brian James on tariffs, talk about a little bit about those. In the last hour, four point twenty five to four point five percent to the Feds, at least insofar as Federal Reserve holding interest rate to four point twenty five to four point five percent reigns inflation a rather gross domestic product group two point five percent slowed slightly in the final quarter. We talk about that home affordability crisis is taking a toll on America's young adults. Sad reality that knows the topics of Brian James. I just appreciate hearing from Brian, I always appreciate hearing from U two five, three, seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk and does care and the charsee cares section which takes place at eight forty. When we have it, We're going to have the Cincinntiva to talk about four significant Cincinnati VA facility improvements scheduled to be completed this year. As I pointed out, a VIA takes great care of the veterans and they're always trying to improve things. So thank God for the American veteran and I'm glad we have a pretty gosh darn good VA here in the city of Cincinnati. Not every city can say that anyway, Ah that bump bump bum. I saw this Alisa Finley article and I thought it was rather interesting. Now, I remember the Trump administration paused federal grants, completely paused them, and then of course withdrew that pause after the uproar. But it took a moment to I mean, did the pause that kind of shook the framework of a lot of Democrat states and Democrat cities, because well, they are almost entirely dependent upon you and I working out here in other flyover states to keep their their systems going, and that's what her observations were in this Democratic States are wards of Washington subtitle There's a reason for the panic over the Trump white House's temporary federal spending pause. New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy was complaining, fifteen percent of our workforce are funded by those dollars, and that in and of itself is a frightening thing. Lawsuit brought by all twenty two states with Democratic attorneys general plus the District of Columbia detailed a litany of programs funded by you and your labor in your perhaps red state. Washington said it received one hundred and twenty one million dollars last year for allergy and infects his de's disease research. Illinois claimed federal Medicaid funds made up sixty percent of its twenty twenty three spending on critical health services. New York Governor Kathy Hogel Washington, do you realize the consequences of what you've done here and you really want us to not fund law enforcement? Do you allow us to not fund roads and bridges? Lissa Finley notably interjects, well, what are New York state taxes for? Right the freeze didn't apply to the most federal dollars of float of states for social welfare, education, transportation, since those are based on statutory formulas, although the administration's original memo didn't explain that clearly, and on Wednesday last week, the administration recinded the memo after a judge blocked it. Democratic states and their economies depend much more on Washington than Republican states do. This year, New York received roughly four thousand, nine hundred dollars per capita from the Feds California forty three hundred dollars. That's two to three times as much as Florida seventeen hundred, Texas fifteen hundred. It's because Democratic states provide more generous social welfare, which is increasingly funded by Washington thanks to regulatory changes by yeah the Biden administration. Democratic states also received a disproportionate served more than one trillion with a te that Congress sent the state and local governments in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one as pandemic relief. Between twenty eighteen and twenty twenty two, twenty twenty two, federal dollars flowing to red states and local governments increased by five hundred and fifteen billion dollars, more than the rise in Social Security and medicare combined. And you know that we're still spending money on COVID. It seems to be kind of comical to me, says Most COVID funds are running out, though the Biden Federal Emergency Management Agency planned to hand out disaster relief funds to states and cities for pandemic quote unquote emergency spending through August of twenty twenty six. See this is a big scam, folks. And I kind of made comments and was painfully or wherever while it was going out. They were throwing money all over the place. And a lot of these democratic cities before COVID had run themselves into the ground with overspending. Look at the pension problems that Illinois faces, and New York and other cities the overwhelming nightmare that their budgets are. And oh my god, look here's COVID money from the federal government. Let's pay off our debts. And that's what was done. And here we are talking about additional pandemic spending through twenty twenty six, She writes. This year's Los Angeles City budget includes two hundred and eight point two million in FEMA COVID funds one city, including housing vagrants in hotels. What's that got to do with COVID? New York State's budget this year includes nearly three and a half billion dollars in FEMA dollars for COVID quote emergency protective matters close quote like home test kits? Are people still using those home test kits? I mean, by this point in time, I think we're all painfully aware that the COVID pretty much like a regular, good old fashioned cold unless you're in a comorbid category three. Only five billion dollars after blowing through federal pandemic, largest states and localities are tapping FEMA to backfill their budgets. Congress and Turns keeps back filling FEMA rents and repeat. Government Accountability Office last summer projected that the COVID disaster quote unquote disaster will be the most expensive in FEMA history. Bretherident Trump is right to call for shifting more FEMA responsibilities to the states. Federal spending on disaster relief creates a moral hazard by reducing the incentive for states to invest in disaster preparedness and mitigation see Los Angeles sam goes for social welfare. States have lessons center to help lift people out of poverty, since they receive more federal dollars if people stay poor. When you're spending someone else's cash, there's hardly an his center to spend it prudently. Medicaid state's biggest source of federal dollars in courages. In efficient spending, states receive one to three dollars from Washington for every dollar they spend on Medicaid nine dollars for lower income, able bodied individuals covered under Obamacare's expansion. Democratic states provide more expansive benefits and easier eligibility, and writing more money out of Washington. Some are ringing more money out of Washington. Some thirty six percent of Californians are covered by medicaid. Compare that to Florida, where it's nineteen and in Texas, where it's fifteen. Thirty six percent federal share of California's Medicaid spending nearly one hundred and twenty billion, is more than Florida's entire budget. America's Welfare Queen New York federal dollars make up roughly forty percent of the state's budget. Let that sink in. Some forty four percent of New Yorkers are covered by medicaid or quasi public option for lower income people, including migrants. Thanks to a Biden regulatory waiver, they've fed foot about ninety five percent of this public options cost, translated to eleven point seven billion dollars this year alone. Government social assistance and healthcare account for nearly all new jobs added in such Democrat run states as California, nearly all also in New York, Minnesota, in Illinois, nearly all new jobs from your taxpayer dollars. Their high taxes and excessive regulation of suppressed job creation by private businesses, so that government spending is now the main engine of employment and growth. How long can that last? Soaring pension bills I mentioned in a moment ago for government workers or crowding out public services. Lawmakers have in turn hiked taxes, but the resulting population flight has shrunk their tax This is a total recipe for disaster, and it's unfolding before our very eyes. All this has made them more dependent on Washington spending. Why should taxpayers in Houston and Jacksonville and Cincinnati subsidized mismanaged government in Sacramento, in Albany, that's a rhetorical question. They shouldn't. By slashing federal spendings, Republicans in Washington could give progressive governments an impetus to reform and escape their welfare trap. Call it tough love. Yeah, thank you, Listen Finley, more people were aware of this reality, more people would rebel against it. Six sixteen fifty five KRCD talk stations. Spending does not have to be outrageous. And I'm talking about medical imaging, affordable imaging services, low low, low overhead, same kind of equipment hospitals used with. It's the MRI, the CT scan, Echo cardiogram, ultrasound lung screening of cardiac scoring your doctor. We quite fine, happy with the image that affordable imaging services does, especially when it comes to the board certified radiologist report that your doctor will get along with you within forty eight hours. That worked out well for my cancer doctor. She had no problem whatsoever with the CT scan I got there. I got another one lined up with affordable imaging services coming up in April. Set scans at a hospital maybe five thousand dollars with separate bills for the radiologist report CT SCAN with a contrast six hundred dollars at Affordable Imaging and CT without a contrast four point fifty yeah compared to five grand. You see the outrageous difference between the two. Hey, it's a fat cash cowgo move thing for the hospital imaging department. Plus I got tons of overhead. Don't deal with that. MRI with a contrast six forty five without one four out and ninety five bucks ultrasounds only two hundred and fifty bucks. Do what I do. Go to Affordable Imaging services and save heat loads of money. It's new calendar year, you got new out of pocket liability. It's all coming out of your checking account. And if you don't have insurance, you could face this kind of charge any given time. And heck, everybody gets one of these images at some point. To learn more, check out the website Affordable Medimaging dot com. Affordable Medimaging dot com call them up. You do have a choice when it comes to your medical care. You can go there. I did five one three seven five three eight thousand and five one three seven five three eight thousand.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The cold weather is here, so you fifty five krc DE talk station one hour for now Christopher Smith and the returns to the program for this smither event. You can return to the program right now if you like to call five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. And always remember, never forget fifty five kr SE dot com. Get a copy of Dean Ruter's book, The Hidden Nazi Man. That guy was a bad actor. And somebody you never heard of either. It's amazing now, you know, every year because stories come out about World War Two you never heard of. They're like, how come this wasn't widely reported before? Anyway, we talk with former advansad Or Francis Roney and Fump's Trump's a couple of first couple of weeks in office, Uh Heart for Seniors Foundation Elderly Care crisis and it is a bad situation, but they've got a solution for that, and what a wonderful organization they are. And author Nathaniel Sizemore talking about his couple of books. It's all right there, fifty five care sea dot com. After California, obviously, we're all painfully a whare of the LA's of the Pacific Palisades or every place else burning to the ground. They have a wildfire recoveries our. His named Steve Soberov, and apparently he was on a phone call with Hollywood talent executives and he was telling them, do not accept the low ball offers, the receiving on their properties house burns of the ground, and no end in sight in terms of, you know, getting the home rebuilt or no idea insight when the home could possibly be rebuilt. He said, whether you're broke or you're old, don't sell now, because in one year we're going to be putting billions of dollars in your neighborhood of improvements. Now, going back to the article by Elysa Finley, does anybody think that one billion dollars or more is going to come from the state of California or do you think you and I are going to be shouldering that bill? He said, you'll get triple what these guys are offering you. Now, it's like William Morris Agency and these other talent agencies, you know folks that represent One was identified Jake Tapper, United Talent Agency of Beverly Hills was on the meeting, so all the movers and shakers in the Hollywood area, I suppose During the call, he said half hour labor could get deported before the Palisades is rebuilt, which he said could be extremely expensive. Also warning the folks on the call not to take the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power testing at face value, not reassuring this one, saying don't bathe your baby in their water. All right, he said on the call, construction costs are going to be as high, going to be high because the demand for commodities is going to be high, the demand for labor, whether or not half our labor is deported before this happens. Obviously a shot out of the ballot Donald Trump and rather insulting to the construction labor for suggesting that they're all made up of illegal immigrants. He says, it's going to be high. We're going to be recruiting people from around the country to come and live at Motel sixes. Like the Alaska gold Rush. It's going to take a long time. So on one hand, don't sell because ultimately, at some point way down the road, when taxpayer dollars are going to be injected and fused into the area, we'll finally be able to rebuild and you won't have to sell it at a no pun intended fire sale price. You're just going to have to wait for it. In the meantime, if you don't have any money, and you maybe inherited your home or has been in your home generations, where are you're going to be living? Pacific Palisades not presently inhabitable anyway. Back over the water situation, referring to the Los Angeles Department or to Water and Power. Just because the DWP says your water is safe, have somebody tested before you move back in. And when they say drinking water, use bottle water, Well, it's easy for him to say, isn't it, And maybe easy for the executives on the call to say, I imagine that they probably have money and maybe their houses didn't burn to the ground. What they don't say? He went on, and they're starting to say it now. Don't bathe your baby in their water, don't take a bath in the water, don't take a shower, don't do your dishes, don't do your laundry. You don't want to do anything with that water until it's deemed safe, and then personally, if you can afford it, I would get an independent agency or maybe there's a kid at CBS that can tell you if your water is safe. Yeah, but the CVS burned down too. Sober Off said it could take as long as ready five years for people to rebuild the destroyed homes. Said, I thought you said it wasn't going to be political. Now I want you on the I want you on the bus to yes hit this analogy. You're either on the yes bus or the no bus. Criticism is a bus to know what he's on the yes bus, he says. He acknowledged that only about five percent of Palisades residents can afford their house now, given that many are generational owners or bought their houses before construction costs in real estate products for the skyrocket and ready for this, he predicted the cost would be in his words, nuts, explaining that we'll probably cost one thousand and to twelve hundred dollars per square foot to rebuild. Said there's no one in Polisades that won't have a gap between what their insurance policies will pay out and the costs to reconstruct their homes. As he doesn't know what kind of aid will be available to make up the shortfalls. Still, he told these Witzy executives on the call, the best thing for people to do is ready they're building plans, hire legal help. There's another cost many people might not be able to meet. Hire legal help to negotiate with insurance companies and hold onto their watts rather than accept low ball offers from speculators. Some things are easier said than done. Got a couple of callers online, Ten and Dwayne, You guys, don't mind holding on for a moment. I will be right back. After I mentioned Odo Exit od O r XIT does work on the smell smoke, smoke, bold mildew, pet oders, human odors, skunk spray, something your dog rolled around in the garra, in the in the in the yard that stinks. Oto eggs. They've got a product to satisfy you because it will eliminate the odor and it comes with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. If it doesn't work when you use it as directed, you get your money back. And congratulations again last Thursday night celebration, and I enjoyed it seeing deb and the folks from Oto Exit and all their friends showing up twenty five years of local ownership and operation. Been around that long because again the products work ODO r XIT no eotor exit dot com. You can order on the website. It'll be here in your front porch by tomorrow. If you order before three buy it today. There's a search engine to show you where it's bought. Are sold locally, and it is sold all over town. Again locally owned and operated company doing great things for you and me because well, getting rid of the odors that are annoying. Otoexit dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 1: Time for your nine first one to weather forecast. Sunny sky today and a nice toasty sixty three high then overnight thirty eight eight. It's going to be cloudy overnight as well, partly cloudy started the day. We got sun later in the afternoon tomorrow with the eye of forty five cloudi overnight out of twenty nine clouds and showers late in the day on Wednesday, thirty nine for the high right now forty three.
Speaker 11: Time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts at you see health for innovative and personalized hardcare. Expect more at you see health dot com. High Ways for doing just fine this morning. No accidents to deal with and I'm not seeing any delays yet. North Found seventy five doing fine. Pass Kyle so is South Bend two seventy five between the Lawrence Perg Ramp and the bridge, chucking Ram. I'm fifty five krs neat talk Station.
Speaker 1: Faster version six thirty three a little long when did I was in the last Segment're going to go straight to the phones order in which they receive, which means Ken's first. Ken, Thanks for calling this morning. Happy Monday, Oh.
Speaker 8: Happy Monday.
Speaker 12: Hey.
Speaker 13: I just wanted to come in concerning Donald Trump firing these igs. There's one of them who's going around and he's sitting in the different media television, these news shows, and I just say to myself, man, I'm glad that Donald Trump has done this. To leave certain people in these positions is like leaving Comy in for another year.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 13: The one thing that I wish somebody would ask is these igs ask these igs did Comy spy on Donald Trump illegally? And then after he became president, did Comy and others go after a sitting voted in president, but nobody wants to address any of this stuff. I think I think Donald Trump is a quick study and he learned the hard way that there's certain people in government you cannot ever try us, and you have to get them.
Speaker 8: Out well and or wing to get your comment on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they're not doing their job. Inspectors General is supposed to mind the store and find out where the money's going. And if you saw that announcement from Elon Musk the other day, they just basically rubber stamp literally every check that's amanded out of federal government. Just pay everybody, pay everybody. So many trillions of dollars flowing out of government. No one can keep watch over it. Well, it's part of the job they're supposed to do. We had Todd Zenzer on the phone. He was Inspector general for what like thirty years, and he knows exactly what the job's about. You can go back on the podcast pages and hear what he had to say. But yeah, I got no problem new sheriff in town, you know, and who among us hasn't been victim of some sort of reorganization. They used to reorganize the legal department of my prior employer almost like every three years, like, well, here comes gonna reorger again. They're gonna drop people and people get fired. Thankfully never happened to me. I did quit on my own accord, but god knows whether I'd still be there. I had stuck it out in Anthon, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, and you know what, there is no guarantee that I'm going to be able to keep this job either. But thank God for my listeners, which I take that concern off of my lap. But you know what, times change and new shriffes come into town and people get people lose their jobs. And I'm quick to point out, you know who has any pity for folks in the coal industry. You know, this whole global warming thing resulting in so many coal jobs just being completely deleted. I sucks to be you. You're in a dirty industry. We don't care about you. But when you go ahead and you start firing government employees, it's like, well, you can't do that. Why not everybody else's face is being fired at some point. You know, I'm not gonna weep over And I have accountants that are friends of mine and I get an accountant to help with my taxes every year. And honestly, I'm sorry if a complete industry gets if wipe if the industry completely gets wiped out, because we come up with a saner system of taxation, fair tax, flat tax, whatever, but one that does not require a team of accountants to manage your your income taxes. That would be a welcome change for me. And I'm certain that those accountants out in the world would find some other form of employment like everybody else has to when they lose their job. Sixty six fifty bought kres the talk station Fast and Pro Roofing. Dwayne and Gary, you're next in that order. Feel free to call if you'd like to be on the program as well. I welcome the calls, and I welcome you calling Fast and Pro Roofing, and you will be very happy you did, because you get an honest assessment of your roof. They're not going to rip you off. And that is a legitimate concern for folks out there that don't know anything about roofing companies. If you call Fast and Pro, that is not a concern you have to worry about. A plus of the better business peer They pride themselves on honesty. The companies built on the initial proposition that they will be honest with you. And what's more, the best roofers. Ever, how could there be better roofers. The work they do is true craftsman level work. Check it out online, you know, to take my word for it. Look at some of the photographs of the work they've done before. That metal work is gorgeous. Custom copper work for example, and box gutters and any kind of roof you want, both residential and commercial. I love the metal roof they have shown there. I think it was before and after picture. There's a shingle and then they replaced it with metal. Those things are really nice. Anyhow, I went with a shingle roof, got the three D looks like kind of like slate shingle. Fifty year shingles what I went with. And you want to get a regular shingle roof, they'll automatically upgrade. You do the fifty years Certainty, Certainty Landmark pro fifty year. Now there are a whole bunch of different types of shingles out in the world, but you automatically get the fifty year upgrade. Ray and Manda will take great care of you, so call them for that free inspection. They also do exterior projects like siding and railings and just again. The websites the the best place to go to see illustrations of their work. It's Fastened fast E n Fasten proroofing dot com. Tell them, Brian said, how any call the number. It's five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five.
Speaker 9: This is fifty krc and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD Talk station five hundred, Day two three talks straight to the phones, will go. I got Dwayne on the line and was kind of enough the hold of the break, Dwayne, welcome to the morning show. Good to hear from this.
Speaker 14: Morning lording Brian, how are you this great Monday morning.
Speaker 1: I'm still trying to get my engine fired up, Dwayne, but I'm feeling pretty good. No complaints. I can't say him out loud because nobody'd care.
Speaker 14: Hey, I wanted to talking about kind of piggyback on your COVID comments and the wayte abuse and wrong decisions that leads me into the newly declared subernatorial candidate on the Democrat side doctor Amy Acton. Yeah, mister Dewayne puts ahead of the Apartment of Health. I want everyone to remember the wrong decisions after five confirmed cases in Ohio, close schools, after one hundred confirmed cases in Ohio, close restaurants and bars, and the kicker is and this should be the campaign slogan, CNN come through the Buckeye State's version of straight talking Anthony Falci. And my last little tidbit to leave you with is are the voters in Ohio going to pardon her as well?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think she's a snowball's chance in hell. Hell, we can all just remember remind everybody that she's responsible for dwine saying you can't drink at a bar after ten pm, as this that was going to do something to stop COVID. You don't have to leave, but you can't drink. Oh okay, Yeah, that's that. There's the lynch pin. That's the key to stopping the spread of COVID. What the hell?
Speaker 14: And we just want the media to remember that. We want to bring that to front of mine.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, well, if she's still in the race next year, when we have the goodernatorial race in twenty twenty six. Trust me, you'll be hearing that type of message on the fifty five care Ce Morning Show. Here, let me remind you and the On the Republican side, declared candidate Heather Hill, former president of the Morgan County School Board, Robert Sprague, High State Treasurer, David Yost, High Attorney General announcement pending VVA Grandma Swammy. On the Democrat side, the only declared candidate is Amy Acton, former director of the High Department of Health. That's it, you, amster Gary. Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Brian. How are you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing that, hey.
Speaker 15: I was just going to piggyback off of your comments at California and the Palisade fires and all the fires going on out there. I think the majority of the people who have money or want to leave southern California for other places in the world. I mean, they got more than enough money. They can go anywhere. I mean, really, do they want to sit on a neighborhood where they might be the only house that's not in Amber Shambers? You know that's not burnt to an ash to look at that For the next five years, and then you've got to wonder what that's going to do to everybody's the tax space, right and you know, so the tax space is going to have to decrease, which means that they're going to have to rely on the people that stay. Same thing with the workforce for rebuilding everything, which is going to be extra high. Same thing with supplies are going to be extra high. So you've got high taxes. There's really unsafe water. And you know how they environmentalists out there, they won't even bathed in the water now, you know, probably for just cause now and they'll just they'll spread. They don't have to put up with that.
Speaker 1: No, they don't. And it's an excellent point you make that you know, does Hollywood even need to be in Hollywood, California? If you want to make movies, you can literally make them anywhere. How they make movies in Cincinnati. Now, all that talent out there and they've got money, they can move. And you're right, I agree with you completely. Who would really seriously want to wait around for between one and five years to have their house rebuild when the next door neighbors and most of the people across the street didn't even have enough insurance to do a rebuild, they're going to have to sell, and that land is going to go to a for a low ball offer for a long time, because only I would think some sort of corporate investment entity could sink the kind of money you need in to acquire a bunch of land out there and then afford to be able to wait around until the conditions are ripe to have the homes rebuilt in their own image or vision, right. I mean, everybody was talking about this thing having so many parallels to the Lahina fire that they're now having all the restrictions on rebuilding. Those houses were in people's families for generation after generation after generation, and they don't meet modern building codes, so they're not going to have their homes rebuilt the way it used to be in the line, and it's going to be pursued into some grand strategy and probably a walkable community type phenomenon, like they're trying to shove down everybody else's throat out here. Oh yeah, and you're right, you know what, didn't it be interesting question to have answered Gary The total taxes that the collective communities that burned in the ground paid in Los Angeles area like how many tax dollars were collected from the people who used to live in the now burned down Pacific Palisades. I bet it is an outrageous amount of money and it's gone.
Speaker 15: And one billion dollars and one billion dollars that they're going to throw into the community is nothing compare what they need. I mean, hell, they don't even have a fire department, no less water system that's adequate, and hop out medical and rebuilding bridges, water systems and everything else. Don't eat one billion help bridges alone. Don't eat that up nothing flat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no question. Well, I mean what you saw the figures. Even early on they were talking about forty to fifty sixty billion dollars in property damage, and I bet that figures a lot more than that now once they calculate it all up. A billion dollars is a drop in the bucket for the damage that's been concurred down there. Good points, Gary, You're right, I can't argue with any of them. Place is going to be a ghost town. Maybe it already is. Six forty eight fifty five KC detalk station. Question. What it's going to look like down the road? Is a really wild one. When you think about it a little bit, Emory Federal you can call two five and three seven nine fifty eight two three talking. Maybe you disagree, you got some other thought or comment on that one, feel free to offer it. I love hearing from you, and I love Emory Federal Credit Union. It's a better way to bank. Been banking there for years and years and years. They're friendly, folks are always great, and yeah, customer service. It's just like I said, better way to bank, and right now, get twenty five dollars and twenty five dollars later as well. So when you start up with Emory, you become a member, twenty five dollars bright in your pocket. And once you realize the benefits of banking with Emory, simply spreading the word about those benefits to your friends, they're going to get twenty five bucks and so will you when they sign out for membership. That's just a nice little you know. I basically thank you for doing the right thing and telling folks how great it is at Emory Federal Credit Union. Unlock a world of financial opportunities. Check them out online. Learn more about the details on this. Because certain restrictions do apply to this offer as with all offers. EMORYFCU dot org. Emory FCU dot org NMLS number four zero one zero eight's seven federally insured by NCUA. They are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: It is six point fifty two. Come out with six fifty three fifty f krcity talk station a little time after the top of the our news to talk if you care to call on comment. I got Christopher Smithman every Monday at seven twenty today, no different. And you know, and in the remaining time, why not go here? I saw this headline. I'm like, you've got to be kidding me. I thought it was a bunch of right wing extremists that were the real problem in this country. So say, with the Biden FBI anyway, trans Vegan terror cult, check the right boxes, you too could be remember of the trans vegan terror called Zi's cult blame for a string of what they call brutal murders as well as mayhem in the United States, including the recent fatal shooting of a Border Patrol agent in Vermont. Nationwide manhunt underway for Michael zecho Z A Jko described it as a trans non binary person. They say he's the one that bought semi automatic weapons used by two other excuse me trans individuals to shoot and kill Border Patrol agent David Maylon back in the twentieth of January during a traffic stop in Vermont. Several of the associates now in custody for various violent crimes, while the leader, Jack ziz La Soda, described as a vegan who also goes by the name Andrea Phelps, is at large after he faked his own death to escape prosecution. Jacko, connected with the group an online posts also a person of interest in the double murder of her parents in connection with the slang of the Vallejo, California landowner named Curtis Linde alleged cult tied to a string of killings which they say are reminiscent of the murders carried out by Charles Manson and his followers. Lesota himself currently not charging any of the killing. Some members of this ziz group charged with gravely injuring and later murdering that Curtis lind landowner, who they attacked with a sword after he tried to kick him off from squatting on his property. He was eighty two years old, shot and killed one of them in self defense, lost an eye. The January seventeenth in attack, he was poised to testify against these jailed assailants when he was stabbed to death outside his home. They arrested a guy named Maximilian Bentley Snyder, who has connections with his trans vegan cult, in charge him with murder. Prosecutor said Lynn was intentionally killed for the purpose of preventing his testimony in the criminal proceeding. Andy No, writer for The New York Post, described Losodas group known as the Zizians, as a highly educated trans vegan rationalist to hold fringe esoteric ideological beliefs about transhumanism and animal rights. Brian Thomas, hosted the fifty five Care Morning Show, calls them cuckoo for cocoa puffs. Lysoda was at the scene of Lynn's first attack and was squatting on that property. Please let him Goole Go. Though all the skipped court appearance on unrelated charges, police records show a pattern of violence among members associated with him. Felix Ophelia Buckholt University of Washington, Teresa Milo Consuelo young Blood, two trans individuals fired at Maryland fired at Mayland during the traffic stopped, killing him, according to the complaint. As for mister Delsoda, his whereabouts are currently unknown. Arrested in twenty nineteen while protesting and then barricading a workshop put on by Berkeley based Center for Applied Rationality. And I read that and I go, oh, there's one of those too, huh. His mother and associates claimed he later died in a boating accident and produced an obituary. Coastguards, however, conducted a search, never found a body, and police later made contact with Lysoda at the scene of Lynn's first attack, but again he wasn't arrested or charged. So we have those trans vegan terror cults. Five six fifty seven. Don't go away. We've got more to talk about aft top of the ur News and then Christopher's Smithman at seven twenty. I hope you stick around.
Speaker 6: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 8: Every day we stand on the verge of the four greatest years in American history.
Speaker 6: Fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 10: This report is if I stand up for some pless I'm not gonna hide behind a map.
Speaker 12: Talk about it.
Speaker 15: It's all programmed to create.
Speaker 7: Chaos fifty five krs seven.
Speaker 1: Oh six fifty five krc DE talk station. It being Monday in the seven o'clock hour. Fast forward to the next segment. Christopher Smithmen, former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, with the smither event. Never do know what's going on in his mind, but I always appreciate his thoughts in common. So we'll join and we'll get our popcorn out and enjoy that together. Monday, Monday, Brian James, Fast forward an hour. We're going to talk about tariffs, talking about the gross domestic products slowing uh. More and more young families are unable to afford a home and that just breaks my heart. Us cares return of the cincinni Via. Got a whole bunch of improvements coming in this calendar year at the Cincinniva. We're going to learn all about that together at eight forty five three seven eight hundred eight two to three Taco with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. And one of the things Trump did he got rid of gender pronouns employees and all the federal agencies in order to remove pronouns from their email signatures by last Friday afternoon. This according to internal memos citing two executive orders signed by Donald Trump his first day in office seeking to curb diversity, equity and inclusion programs. Accord to the one message sent to the Center for Disease Control staff, and any other information not permitted in the policy must be removed from employee signatures by five pm Friday. Employees instructed to remove the pronouns from everything from government grant applications the email signatures all across the departments. Plays of the Department of Energy received similar notice were told this was meet to meet requirements in the executive order, including removal of all DEI language and federal discourse communications and publications. The result of Trump administration's pushed to do away with all DEI efforts and it's rolling out across the board. And this is just one little illustration of it. But you know, how did we end up in this bizarre, weird, crazy idea that these and I pulled it up because l g b t q I a UC Davis dot edu. They have a department. It's the LGB T t QI a Resource Center. And in case you're wondering what all those they stay for at Lesbian gets Bisexual, which we all understand and can understand that quite clearly, all of which relate to one's sexual proclivities. Then transgender queer intersection asexual and I get kind of fuzzy on that. If you are a transgender woman, it means you're a guy biologically you could still be attracted to, at least from a you know, sexual proclivity standpoint, to women you just like dressing up black a gal. I think ed Wood Glenn or Glenda is a movie you can check out on that one right if you get done watching Plan nine from Outer Space. But they have examples of pronouns on this list, and I never heard of a lot of these. We're supposed to keep track of this, which is why I'm so happy to see the federal governments getting rid of them. CO co, O, N E N. And they put it in context like co laughed or you know, you would say normally he laughed or she laughed CO or N laughed, E y and he. They actually have he, she and they on there. But then again, some people refer to themselves collectively as they more than one person roaming around on their head. And I've made that observation many times before. But if you go around telling me that you want me to meet to call you. They when I'm referring to you with the pronoun, I'm going to laugh at you and suggest maybe you need some psychological counseling, because apparently you've got more than one person roaming around inside your head. G X I E y O y O z E. And then the final one they have here is v V E. They also admonish you try to avoid using the phrase preferred pronouns or preferred name, as these suggest an element of flexibility or that someone's identity is less than valid. Someone's name and pronoun are not suggestions and are not preferred over something else. They are inherent to who we are. YO said that, I guess maybe Sanity's finally returning to the world. I don't know, I'd like to think so. Federal agencies and departments were given a deadline of five pm on Friday to implement Trump's order mandated the US government recognize only two sexes that are, in Trump's words, not changeable. Memocent Wednesday to agency heads detailed the launder lists of tasks required to comply with the order, including sweeping directive to withdraw all relevant documents directives, orders, regulations, materials, forms, communications, statements, and plans, along with far more specific requests to change gender to the word sex on government forums, disable any email prompts that ask users for their pronouns, and cancel any employee resource groups that include or promote ideology. I wonder if the UC Davis website will soon disappear. It's still up as of this morning. I do believe they receive federal funds. That's why I kind of uttered that out loud. Agencies also ordered to take down any what they call outward facing media that could be interpreted as promoting a view of gender that isn't in liign with the current administration's policies on gender. In other words, there's two jack, two genders, period, end of story. It's what you were born with. So apparently, by Friday afternoon, search results for gender on the US Center for Disease Control and Preventions website all dead links, which had been active even earlier in the day. On Friday, websites of the Department of Health and Human Services scrubbed all the pages on gender affirming care and LGBTQ plus rights. CDC representatives didn't respond to her quest for common Trump said such actions were intended to defend women's rights and protect freedom of conscious by using clear and accurate language in policies. Which take me over to the former Lea Thomas swimmers. Lea Thomas a man pretending to be a woman. We've all probably familiar with her. Georgia State Senate Committee passed the Fair and Safe Athletic Opportunities Act last Thursday after testimony for multiple female athletes who have been complaining about sharing locker rooms with transgender athletes. So this bill requires athletes to participate on teams that align with their biological sex at birth. It's anticipated it will be signed into law. Former North Carolina State women swimmer Kaylie Alans, thirty one time All American a two time NC two A champion, spoke about the experience of competing against and sharing a locker room with Thomas. Quote, this is a great statement from her. We are were sorry. We all were just guinea pigs for a giant social experiment formed by the NCAA regarding how much abuse and blatant disregard women would be forced to take in silence, said she recount of the emotion she felt when competing in areas with Leah Thomas and how much sadness she felt watching women lose out on chances to compete fairly at the event, claiming she wanted to cry and leave the event after seeing Thomas win the five hundred meter freestyle. It all just felt so off and wrong. Did I go to the locker room in that day to see Thomas and realize there is no escaping this nightmare no matter where I go. I had no idea he was going to be allowed in the women's locker room, as we did not consent to have a man in our locker room. And I'm immediately on every time I enter a locker room afterward, knowing any moment a man can walk in, walk on enemy while I'm changing, said she felt so uncomfortable that she started abandoning the locker room and instead began to change in a storage closet behind the bleach. One other University of Kentucky summer, Caitlin Wheeler said young women teenage girls were forced to undress next to a fully intact biological male who exposed themselves to us while we were simultaneously fully exposed. We were never asked, we were never given a choice. In another option, we were just expected to be okay with it, to shove down our discomfort, our embarrassment, our fear, because standing up for ourselves would have been being labeled as intolerant or hateful or bigoted. And one doctor, because some people were opposed to this, then get over it. Doctor Jody Greenwald, described as a pediatrician in Roswell, speaking to this panel that was discussing this, told the panel that transgender girls are not predators and warned that transgender youth are more at risk for suicide. And I circled that. Now she can't say on a quivocally that transgender girls are not predators. They may very well could be, and we know from the news that some of them are, notably the guys that go in the women's locker room and pleasure themselves in front of the other women in the locker room. I would call that predatory behavior. I don't know what your definition of it is, but it certainly falls into mind and I can understand. And it's a sad thing that transgender youth probably more to risk for suicide. If you really truly believe in your mind, and I believe that many do, that you are really deep down inside a gender that you're not born with. You look down, you got twig and berries, and yet you identify as a woman, and you really believe in your heart of hearts that you are a woman. I can understand how that might be a massive psychological burden for you, recognizing as any sane rational person would, that there is nothing any doctor or scientist or surgeon can do to transform your chromosomal reality. They might be able to change the exterior a little bit, and part's not going to work like the originals do when you're born that way, but you know, you got to go through your life recognizing that that is an impossible thing to accomplish. Period, end of story. Might that lead to suicidal ideation? One can make a logical conclusion that it might, but that they are more of a risk to suicide, should imperil the hearts and minds and create an unfair competitive reality for some of them and for the women in sports. We're gonna turn the entire world upside down because some percentage have suicidal ideation, much like sadly, a pretty substantial percentage of the former folks in uniform serving our country proudly, sadly their numbers are a lot higher in terms of suicide than the general population seven to seventeen. Right now, if you five cares to the detalk station, Christopher Smithman is up next. Hope you can stick around for that and get in touch with Jimmy Care Fireplaces to love those folks at Chimney Care Fireplace and Stove. Get yourself a fireplace insert. The showroom four thirteen Wards Corner Road has a huge selection of them and the midwinter sale is going on until March thirty. If you can save up to one thousand dollars off in stock wood stoves. There are some burn displays where you can save display models that you can save up to twelve hundred dollars on. How about that? And of course they have a special on the whole cleaning and inspection thing going on. So lots of sales going on at Chimney Care Fireplace and Stove and it's all about your safety. So make sure you take care of your safety by getting your chimney fully inspected. Video camera inspection is what it starts with. I think discover you have water damage or you have a chimney that needs to be swept. Wood burners, you know it's going to need to be swept. Haven't cleaned your driver event out when they're out checking installing your or checking out your chimney as well. Gas stoves those certainly need to be inspected as well if you start smoking your grand child and may have put toys up in it. Cribbage, Mike. They solved his problem and he just was so he raved about the customer service and you will too. Really is a superior customer service from the Chimneycare fireplaces though they do it all including tuck pointing, cap and damper replacement. So give them a call. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Learn more online chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five krc and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: There are two types of pain in the world.
Speaker 1: Ordinate It is seven twenty one if you've got krcdtalk station, and it is that time of week we get to hear from the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smith Aman with d smither Van. Christopher, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Welcome back to the program.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you Brian for having me on and I did, and my heart just went out, I'm sure like yours. And you're listening to audience on those two plane crashes, Oh you know what we saw happening in in in d C. And Pennsylvania. And you know, it's as shocking as it is to our conscious. It's just you pray for the families and you know, particularly you know, for all of them. But to think waiting in an airport a plane is arriving and you see it explode, I just it just it just messes up your mind. So my love goes out to those families. And uh, you know, we still have the safest transportation with plane travel, you know, even when you see things like this happen. Obviously, they're going to have to deal with things at that airport with with the military doing exercises there and commercial planes landing and taking off, they're going to have to change what they're doing there, obviously. But what a tragedy on both in both cases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question about it, no question about it. I just you know, I'm not a huge fan of flying anyway, Christopher, and has nothing to do with safety. It is everything with the hassle of it, you know, getting to the airport two hours before the head of the flight, going through the you know tsa uh sphincter probe and you know the it's it's just it's a hassle. And then you're stuck on a tin can and you can't get out of go any place. I love. That's why I love driving so much, Bud. Now you're gonna have to factor in the the idea that it scares the hell out. I mean, to get on a plane, the Boeing seven thirty seven Max, the door flies off. You got all kinds of equipment problems if you're on a Boeing airline. And now air traffic control, we learned about how bad things the situation are with air traffic control, the shortage of air traffic controllers, the lowered standards for air traffic controller and like she's the wheeze. Not exactly great marketing for the airline or the airline industry.
Speaker 2: Well, Secretary Duffy's gonna sort it all out. You know, certain things we've had, Yeah, he will. Certainly. We've had our former mayor footage edge, you know, over over transportation, which made no sense to me at all.
Speaker 3: What his experience was to serving that capacity, and he's left things probably uh messed up, and uh it's going to take the secretary of the new Secretary of Transportation.
Speaker 8: To clean it up.
Speaker 2: Look, man, I very rarely talk about well Cincinnati politics in my in my events, but you know what caught my eye was was our mayor meaning mayor pure vol indicating cutting the you know, cutting the balogney, very thin on whether they're going to cooperate with ICE or not. Look, this is this is to anybody who lives in Cincinnati, in our fifty two neighborhoods, this is completely outrageous. Right, It's one thing to turn on MSNBC and listen to them talk about ICE is separating families, which is just a lie. This administration has only focused on gang members, criminals, drug drug dealers, I mean a rapist. Those are the people that are being thrown out. And I think that they're talking points, whether it's the View or CNN or MSNBC, they don't understand that what they did over the last call of ten years, people have now caught up with them and they understand that they're lying, right, and so this note they keep coming back with the same sound bite. We're separating families, and we're putting mothers and we're taking them out of the people who are legally here. They're being handcuffed. I heard it all this weekend and it's all nothing but lies. And so to hear our mayor say that he would not cooperate with ICE to remove criminals who are in our country illegally, meaning they've already broken the law to come here illegally. And you're talking about a gang member that might be in one of our fifty two neighborhoods that you're directing in some way that Chief Fiji of the Cincinnati Police Department doesn't cooperate. Man, this is where insanity and no common sense his the role. This is where he thinks as a Democrat, a liberal Democrat, that is somehow he's gonna win. What do you think University of Cincinnati is gonna think, Cincinnati State? Right? What do you think that that the Xavier University is gonna think? You know when Mount Saint Joseph if one of their children, one of the kids on those campuses comes up dead. Because we have a mayor that says, hey, I was unwilling to cooperate with ICE, right, But it's so serious, meaning the mindset is so serious that we've got to deal with it because he's down there clownings right, and the reality of it is I don't blame the police chief. I blame all nine members of council because they have the power to check the mayor. They should be passing a resolution today saying we're cooperating with Ice. Yeah, and we're gonna hold the mayor accountable.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. They do have voice and if they do disagree to any to any extent, or they want to clarify the extent to which Purvol's comment was, you know, maybe a little bit too broad in the sense that he wasn't going to cooperate. They should come out on their own and make their own statements, and I think they will be good for them, and it may very well well put mayor. I have to have Purvole in his place in that issue. It's so important. The safety Lord, Almighty, it's pausible. In Christopher back, it's seven twenty seven fifty five KRCD talk station. I will strongly encourage you to call Colin Electric Family in operators. In nineteen ninety nine, Andrew Cullen and his amazing team of licensed electricians, great customer service, they respect you and your home. They'll do wonderful work for you, and they are a well oiled machine getting those electric projects done for you. All kinds of projects in the Thomas House done by the Colin Electric team, all to my satisfaction. Of course, to be my satisfaction. They left me with a ten year wiring warranty for everything they did, just as you'll get. That's one of the reasons and joy and a plus with a better business bureau. So whether it's your sound system, your rather your surround sound, specialty lighting for your home, theater room, aluminum wiring upgrades, or Nobin two wiring upgrades, getting the whole house generator wired up, call Cullin you'd be glad you did. See U. L. L. E. N. Cullen Electriccincinnati dot com where you find them online. You can schedule the appoyment right there or call for the appointment. Tell Andrew and the team. I said, Hi and five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two fifty five KRC the talk station A minute of hope has brought to you.
Speaker 2: JOHNA.
Speaker 1: Nine says we have a sunny skies today going all the way up to sixty three overnight low of thirty eight with clouds. We got a party, cloudy start of the day tomorrow sun Should you go up sometime in the afternoon. I have just forty five twenty nine overnight with clouds thirty nine the high on Wednesday, cloudy skies with showers late in the day. Right now it's forty five degrees in time for second.
Speaker 11: From the UC UP Traffic Center. Heart diseases the leading cause of depth in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts at U. See out for innovative in person of ice, hardcare, expect more or had you see help dot com. Southbound seventy five continues to build through Lachlan and then northbound seventy five and the ram from Mitchell. Watch out for a broken down right side southbound two seventy five. Prank lags continue between the Lawrence pred Ramp and the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRRASD talk.
Speaker 1: Station seven thirty one. Here in fifty five car CDE talk station right Thomas with Christopher Smithman, former Vice man in the City of Cincinnati, we get him every Monday for the smither Van Smithman. Mister Smithman, what else is on your mind this morning, my friend.
Speaker 2: Well brother, the January sixth pardons. You know, I've been approached a lot about President Trump's decision to pardon those involved with January sixth, and I just want to dig into this. I want to remind your listeners that President Biden partened just about his whole family on the way out. And this matters because no one has ever seen the president, you know, pardon his son and then come back and pardon his brothers and their spouses and obviously Fauci and others in such a broad way. And so this notion when people approach me, it's like it's like they're having no conversation with me about the context of what is going on. And they say, man, I'm so worried about this protester that hit a police officer and he was pardoned, and I'm and I'm thinking in my head, I'm going, when when did Democrats discover the police? I mean, this was this clearly was the party that wanted to defund the police, reimagine the police department. They have been so unsupportive of law enforcement, peace officers across the United States and the world. They've been shutting down entire highways by walking on them with flags and and taping themselves to the high way so traffic can't get by gluing themselves to the road. This is what the Democrats have been doing. So it's been so strange when I'm looking at the mainstream media Brian Thomas, and they're there trying to make me think that they care about law enforcement now and what's happening here as it relates to January sixth, But they never mention President Biden's parton of his entire family. They haven't learned anything from the previous election. They're right back on their talking points, whether you're listening to the View, whether you're listening to MSNBC, whether you're listening to CNN. It is so outrageous how they continue to put out lives about what's happening, whether we're talking about immigration or whether we're talking about the pardons. And it's just under my craw I couldn't take it this weekend because they kept coming back talking about January sixth, as if they gave a damn about law enforcement.
Speaker 1: Wells in it's student observation, Christopher, I agree completely with you, and you know, I would say there was something to be said about certain members of the entire collective of Jay six ers who are being prosecuted. And we know many of them were nonviolent, merely walked into the building, which could be viewed as a technical trespass. But you know, under the circumstances, I don't think it's worthy of the resources and expenditure a time the federal government went through to track every single one of them down. Can you imagine they put that much effort into tracking down I mean, true genuine criminals. And I understand the point that he can be made because FOP president made it on this program and he made it in the Inquirer. I believe it was inquiring but local news that you know, it was only only the people who violently attacked police that he had a problem with. And I don't abide attacking the police, but in the broader scheme of things, you know, you look at the state of California. You got people going in and shoplifting and cleaning out and looting buildings. There never brought it to criminal justice, and and you know, there's this weird double standard that exists, and you can highlight it if you want, But if you know, if you want to go ahead and say he shouldn't have pardoned the January sixth ers, and you can pivot over and say, well, how on the hell did he end up partnering a bunch of people who were not subject to even prosecution, like his family members with the exceptional Hunter Biden. You know, they hadn't been accused formally on anything. How did they get a pardon for literally everything that they had done for the prior ten years.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I no one's ever seen anything like it, No, Brian Thomas. And by the way, when we look at presidents who did you know deporting people who came to our country illegally. You go back to some Democratic presidents, whether they're talking about President Clinton or we're talking about President Obama, they they deported more people than President Trump has in his and it's back four years. So I don't know what he's going to do over these four years. But the reality of it is people who come to this country illegally. And by the way, if anybody listening tries to go to another country illegally, figure out what will happen.
Speaker 8: To you.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're the only country out there that has open borders that he'll be in jail five years. And and and let me just say also that the partner of those those Americans who this is under Trump, who were who were praying in front of abortion clinics. These things just kind of go under the radar and they're not discussed a lot. But but he's been partnering other people. He just partnered a congressional member, he and his wife that was that was being targeted by the dj and they said they were dropping charges against them. That was just this weekend. And so the reality of it is what what what President Trump has learned is that the criminal justice system at times can be weaponized because he went through it. See I'm a believer in God, and see what happens here is that people were looking at President Trump is said if they can do it to him, they can do it to me. And so he understands that now, and so he's looking at the justice system a little differently, and he's looking at these cases saying, man, I know what they did to me, I can see what they did to you. You know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna use my power to relieve the system off of you. That's one of the things that you're gonna constantly see a drum beat through these four years with President Trump. He's going to continue to go and say, no, the DOJ went too far here, No, this judge went too far here. I understand what they did to me in Manhattan, New York. I understand what they did to me in Florida. I'm not gonna let it happen to somebody else. And I think that's a positive.
Speaker 1: Thing I do too. And don't forget the folks who are protesting in school boards over you know, woke policies being taught at schools. Isn't it a parent's prerogative to raise their voice at the appropriate meeting, the school board meeting where people do have the opportunity to speak their mind to the school board so the school board can understand and learn what the parents that have children in the school have on their minds, only to be shut down, thrown out, or otherwise gone after by law enforce horsman. It's just, it was, it just, it was It's just it was a crazy, crazy period of time, Christopher.
Speaker 2: I mean, they almost made them the enemy of the state. They say, parents, we want you involved, We want you to come down and advocate for our children. So then the parents show up, and what do you do arrest them? You make them the enemy of the state. Yeah, I mean it was. It's absolutely absurd. And by the way, we saw the report cards from the school system. Let's not walk around like an ostrich with our head in the sand. Our public school system needs reforms, we need help, right, we need to have vision. And it's not just in Cincinnatians. Across the United States of America. We've got babies that are graduating that cannot read and write. This is very serious. And by the way, we've got third world countries that are beating us in the space of education. We're spending more per pupil than than any country in the world, but we have our young people getting further, further and behind in the areas of math, in the area of English, in the area of reading. So we've got to wake up and hold these school boards accountable. We've got to hold our teachers. And by the way, let me shout out to our public school public school teachers across the United States of America. They have a very hard job because the families are not where they are where they were fifty to one hundred years ago. So they're asked. Our teachers are being asked to be mom and dad. Our coaches are being asked to be uncle and aunts and all that kind of stuff because our families. The families are being blown up across the United States of America. So the Cincinnati public school kids, whether it's Toledo, whether it's la whether it's Chicago, have really hard jobs out here trying to teach our babies or are who are struggling at home, who are underpaid and overwork. So I give that to them, but it still means that we've got to educate our babies. We cannot have kids, you know, who can't read and write, graduating from the twelfth grade and think they're going to make get in our society. It just is not going to work. Thomas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, I don't know what the school system that you went through as a young man, Christopher was like, but you know, we I went through public schools over on the West Side, you know, John Foster, Dulles and dull High Junior High School and No Kills High School. And I reflect on the amenities that we had and you know, compared to today pretty lean ship. I mean, it wasn't the one room schoolhouse with everybody in one room of all different grades. But you know, the bells and whistles that people have this expectation should exist at a high school level like these grand facilities and these brand new, massive complexes with all this taxpayer dollars. Is that necessary to educate a child? Really? I mean you really need all those extra bells and whistles. And the answer is clearly no, you know, I mean, it's not more money that's needed, it's it's maybe a different approach at how children are taught. Perhaps that's the fit, the focus, and of course an involved yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's a county. I think you know, you can't have a kid, you know, beating up a teacher and then coming back to school the next week. You can't have them throwing a computer out a teacher and then having them come back to school the next day. And so the teachers need backup when kids are disruptive in classrooms. If you talk to teachers, they'll tell you that, look, i've got thirty kids in here, and let's say say twenty five of them are great, but five of them disrupt my class every single day, and nobody gets those five kids out of the classroom so that the other twenty five can learn. That's what we've got to do. Our public school system is broken because they have this notion of no child left behind. I don't want to leave a child behind. Nobody wants to. But if you're unwilling to hold those five children accountable so that the other twenty five can learn, right, what you're going to have is pandemonium. And that's what we have in our public school systems across the country. And by the way, this is not about black and white anybody listening. These are about American children, no matter where they are. People try to separate us about public education around race. And by the way, I graduated from public education the School for Creative and Performing Arts in downtown Cincinnati. The reality of it is is where we are now is everybody wants to divide everybody around race. This is about teaching our American children, who are our future, and we can't have these kind of bad kids in schools disrupting classrooms for these teachers and think everybody's going to learn. Brian Thomas, we have a weak system around accountability. If the kid doesn't want to learn, you're give them one or two or three or four chances, whatever it is, and you're out of here. You're out of here because I've got twenty five other kids here who want to learn, who want to read, who want to get their algebra done or their geometry done. I'm tired of it, Brian Thomas. If we don't turn our public education around in a serious way, this the United States of America as we know it is going down the toilet.
Speaker 1: That's a smith event right there, Christopher smith Man. Appreciate your words and your passion. Look forward to next Monday. In another version seven forty three fifty five KCD talk stations Zimber Heating and air Conditioning. That's what you call Simmer heating and cooling. And they're great at what they do. Customer service superior. The work they do is outstanding. They'll fix your system if it can be fixed, if you need a new one. They are a factory authorized dealer carrier, also a Missabishi Diamond contractor. They service all units so you don't have to worry about it, whether it's a heating or air conditioning. Proudly serving Greater Cincinnati, including Dayton and Indiana. They have a five star check them out their reviews online, five star review there, and of course that's appropriate. Three generations are still going strong and Chris Zimmer will take wonderful care of you. So to schedule the appointment, go online to go zimmer dot com. You got after hours appointments. You can schedule. They do that and they also do regular appointments, both of which right there on the on the on the web page at gozimmer dot com, or call this number until Christimberbrian said, how wing you do it? It's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three, five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: John Ninson's got a sunny day to day and the highest sixty three record was sixty six back in eighteen eighty three before the Industrial Revolution. Cloudy Skuy's overnight down to thirty eight. We've got a partly cloudy morning tomorrow, some sun in the afternoon forty five for the high now of twenty nine overnight with clouds and the cloudy Wednesday for the high thirty nine forty five. Right now, traffic time.
Speaker 2: Or not.
Speaker 1: Somebody go check on Chuck and let's go to the phones. Jeff, Welcome to the Morning Show. Good to hear from you today.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Brian. As always, you and Joe are true patriots.
Speaker 1: Buddy, truly appreciate that. Man.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I just wanted to talk to you about another word that President Trump could have said during the next forty years is We're going to go back to and sense And that would have been a great replacement for Golden Age, because let me tell you, you and I both know when you use common sense, you definitely bring in a gold page. I mean we've been going against that for a lot more than four years. I mean it's been it's been psychotic. I mean it's everything you and I have talked about in the past. Everything has to do with common sense. I mean, if you see something done wrong, then use common sense to fix it. And for some reason, our government has been one of the biggest advocates of using insanity instead of common sense for quite a few decades now.
Speaker 8: And I'm just so.
Speaker 12: Happy that we're going to hopefully get back to common sense. And like you and mister Smithman, was saying, there is so many things that you could use common sense to fix. I mean, education, legal, aspects of our society. I mean, there's so many things that common sense will fix. And I just hope that both Democrats and Republicans get together after these four years to actually sit down and understand that if we use common sense, we can actually work together to better the country.
Speaker 8: And I just it would just be so nice to have that happen.
Speaker 1: It would indeed, you know, the problem is that common sense isn't common anymore. I think at least that's kind of the catchphrase people quite often use as a retort, you know. And on the education thing, one thing I absolutely do not understand, Jeff is letting kids move forward to the next grade when they have not yet mastered or even coming close to mastering the skill sets in the grade that they're in. How can that possibly be a service to that young person. If you cannot read at grade level and you get moved to the next grade, you're just going to be that much further behind. And that makes absolutely no sense none. All in the name of the little Johnny is going to feel badly because he's not moving along with the rest of his classmates. Well, you know, if I was a parent along those lines, i'd say, good, you can't move forward. We need to get you at the grade level you're in first, then you can move on. So anyway, I appreciate it, Jeff. I can't argue with you. I know you didn't call looking for an argument. Let's do it, Chuck, Scott, Chuck, thanks for calling the Morning Show, and a happy Monday to you.
Speaker 6: Hey, Brian, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing fine. Hope you can say the same.
Speaker 8: Good good.
Speaker 16: You're a gentleman and a scholar. I appreciate everything you do. From time to time, I jump on Cincinnati dot Com and it just makes me chuckle. How the information that they're trying to spread. So it's good to have someone like yourself. That's so refreshing.
Speaker 1: Well, that's very kind of you. I appreciate it. I enjoyed my time here in the Morning Show, and I certainly love when my listeners got the greatest audience out there. Absolutely so.
Speaker 16: The one thing I wanted to comment on was just the fact that we have actual leadership and sanity coming back into the US and through our administration, and it's just it blows me away.
Speaker 2: And then I stay with me on this.
Speaker 16: Because you know, it's a little deep in the woods. But you know when you hear people like Adam Schiff try to argue about protecting Capitol police, which I'm all for one hundred percent protecting our police.
Speaker 1: Force real quick because we're out of time.
Speaker 16: But with all the GEO, with all the advanced technology that we have, and they've tracked all these people on January sixth, it just blows me away that we haven't pinned those same people down to the ones that were all summer long working with Antifa to you know, to to destroy our cities. And I guarantee if we really.
Speaker 17: Found Joe and John and all these people that were in prison, that they were probably the same ones that were destroying our cities in Minneapolis and across Seattle and so forth.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you're not the first person to make that observation, my friend. It is rather curious, isn't it. Hey, brother, thanks so much for the calling the kind words, Chuck, I truly appreciate it. Don't go away, folks. Brian James and Money Monday coming up right after the news.
Speaker 6: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 11: Every day America's deadline is over.
Speaker 6: Fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by Duncan's.
Speaker 5: This is the sound going to restore law and order of America. Returning to factory settings.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc A talkstation, Height oh five, the fifty five KRCD talk station. It is that time of week. We talked money, money Monday with Brian James from Allworth Financial. Got some good topic to talk about and of course number one on the list there tariffs, tariffs, tariffs. Brian James, welcome back to the morning show. It's always good having you on the program.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's always good to be here with you. And it's always good to have a batch of headlines from the weekend to discuss, don't we Isn't.
Speaker 1: That the truth? And we were talking about gross domestic product and four point twenty five to four point five percent in terms of the FED and its rate, and sadly the third topic really is so concerning to me. Young families can't able, can't afford to buy a home. But let's dive on into the terraffs. And if you look at the White House dot gov fact sheet in case people aren't really aware, of exactly why Donald Trump put tariffs on Canada and Mexico and China. He cited fentanyl and the borders, the illegal immigration. Those are the two main things that he is he's promoting these tariffs for. He's, you know, shut down the borders or help us with border security and quit shipping fentanyl into our country. Declaring a national emergency based on that under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. I guess I have to ask out loud, not knowing really anything about the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, is this something that could be subject to legal charger illegal action or Congress could step in and take them away? I really, I really don't know that. I'll stay out loud.
Speaker 4: Brian, Yeah, I know, And I think that there's a lot of us who aren't clear exactly on what the what the legal implifications are of these decisions, because sometimes we hear that decision was made and executive order was issued, and somebody else will say, wait a minute, that's completely illegal. In some cases they've been declared unconstitutional, but nobody has stepped up and actually acted on any of those perceptions of these executive orders. So this is a president we've seen before. Obviously, we know he's willing to push the envelope. He certainly is this time around with kind of nothing to lose as a basically a lame duck under current rules because he can't run for election again. So yeah, that's what we've been seeing. And everything has come fast and furious since inauguration.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's going to be across the board. I don't know how anybody can say that this will not have an impact on prices. I mean, you're raising you're putting tariffs on these goods. I think necessarily the price is going to be passed along to the consumer. And it's a huge swath of goods. I got a kick out of some of the ones that the Wall Street Journal identified, like cherry tomatoes, Tanka trucks. They mentioned this specifically because they're all in China, but they also pointed out that more than eighty percent of toys sold in the United States are made in China. Maple syrup, you know, tap your own maple trees in the backyard like we did, I guess, tequila, avocados, smartphones from China subject to a ten percent increase in tariffin in the last one. I really got to kick out of sledge hammers made in China. Sledge hammers are already subject to a twenty five percent import tax, although we do have some sledge hammer manufacturers here in the United States. But it goes way beyond those ones that were identified, it does.
Speaker 4: Now, hold on one second while I check sledge hammer futures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 4: But I think know that that's that is a fascinating list. And you and I could go find another article right now that'll have twenty seven other products that you didn't just mention. So I think that's that. This this is what what you know, what we've been calling it. You know, over the weekend you're starting to hear the words trade war. Other countries are now calling it a trade war. So this, this is very much so the present, delivering on the the promises that he made. Now, one thing he didn't seem to have mentioned until now is that, oh, by the way, this is going to cost us. As you were hinting, prices are going to go up. There's no way to avoid that. Over the weekend he said, yeah, price must be paid, but the end result will be all worth it. But there could be some pain in the near future here so he didn't really mention that during the campaign. That's obviously not something you expect to gain any votes by really shining a light on. But there is no way to slap tariffs on companies who are looking to make a profit and force those companies to only take it out of their profits. They're going to raise prices. This is the United States of profit margin companies who are having to deal with these costs. And it might might it might be a company that you perceive is an American company, but they may be bringing parts in from to build. Cars are a great example. For one, part inside of a car may literally go back across the border of Canada and or Mexico several times before it lands in its final car. So it may be an American brand, you may beying it from what you feel in American dealership, but the parts in it could be coming from multiple countries that will all add up and wind up on that windowsticker.
Speaker 1: Well, and to some effect, the threat of tariffs has kind of worked, I know in terms of repatriating some of the illegal immigrants. Some certain countries have said, okay, we'll take them back under threat of Donald Trump retaliating against him. And is that really the impact he's looking for? And again going back to the fact sheet, this is purely based upon FENTONYL and illegal immigration. Now, we, I think, to a large degree, can control the border because obviously they're cracking down on it already. We did have a more secure border in prior administrations, but more resources went down there for walls and security and warm bodies in the form of ice agents. I think you could curtail one of the two identified problems to a large extent. Now Canada represents a more sizable challenge considering that is pretty much a why open border, and it is a big one. But I guess I'm just wondering what resources the Mexican government could even bring to bear since their country is largely controlled by and feel free to disagree, but it's been my conclusion over the years that the CAR tells they have a substantial amount of power in Mexico, and here's Trump trying to take away one of their primary sources of income, which is drugs and varying illegal immigrants to the southern border.
Speaker 4: Right, And I think you raise a great point in terms of there's there is a lot of enforcements or at least much more on the south side than there is on north side. So I think when when when we when we uh lay a levy energy tarists, for example, against Canada, and not a lot of people know this. I think it's becoming a more popular news item where people are going, huh, I didn't know that Canada is the largest of among the countries the United States brings in oil from Canada is the largest one, so that that's so obviously we were trying to poke them in the eye. Of course, that's maybe maybe there's better ways to handle up. That's effectively what we're doing to get their attention on the fentanyl issue. But I think also what's underlying this. To me, this is the first shot across the bow of we want to be producing much more. We want to import less and produce more domestically. So first off, let's just make domestic oil more expensive. However we can do it, and we'll call it fentanyl, and we'll call it illegal immigration or whatever. But let's just slap oil tariffs on Canada. That will force us to say, hey, imported oil is more expensive. It's going to drive the price up. That will get the attention of the domestic drillers and the drill baby drill thing. Right now, domestic oil companies don't really want to drill so much. They're not super excited about it because oil prices are not that high. If we drive it up, this is Trump's thinking. I believe if we drive that price up, they'll be more attracted to go drill. And take into account the executive orders he has put out there over the past few weeks to make drilling easier. Right now, the profit isn't there for them, but based on oil futures from last night that bounced about two percent to the upside, it looks like it's going to go more attractive for him.
Speaker 1: Well, and doesn't this sort of fly in the face of you know, rebuilding or going back to build the Keystone Xole pipeline because that brings oil from Canada into the United States right correct?
Speaker 4: And now I haven't heard him mention that in a very very long I know, I know, so I think I don't think that's a major priority for him. It was a hot point because I think that was a poke in the eye to the to the liberal side that wanted that shut down because of it for environmental reasons. And so forth. But that was never really his objective. I think his objective is for more domestic oil. So that's why we haven't heard the word keystone all through this. I haven't heard that since the since the election.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I get in terms of and I understand maybe the motivating force behind increasing the price of Canadian oil in the United States is exactly what you said. But those projects don't come online very quickly. I mean, it takes a while to ramp up a drilling project, doesn't it exactly.
Speaker 4: And that's why that's the pain he's talking about. He can't talk about pain when he's trying to win an election. Candidate Trump doesn't have to talk about that. President Trump has to give us a heads up that hey, this might hurt for a little while, so that six months later, when a little while is still happening, because we haven't started much of this domestic production yet, he can say I told you about this way back in February. It was going to hurt. We got to pay the price, good, bad, and different. That's the reality that we're curry in currently.
Speaker 1: In And going back to my question about you know, legal challenges, I mean, we currently have a trade agreements or trade agreements in place with Canada and Mexico. Didn't Trump negotiate that when he was president the first time around. Sure, there's a lot.
Speaker 4: Of things he did when he was president the first time around that don't seem to hold any bearing. Now, look at all the people he appointed that now he's firing. A lot of the firings you're hearing are his own people from six eight years ago. So I don't know that history necessarily means much of anything. It's just the reality of you know, his his window he looks at is what do I see right now? What do I need to do about it?
Speaker 1: The history is irrelevant, it sure is. And going back to the whole idea about drugs, you know, drugs have been coming into this country since before I was born. It's the demand that is the problem. I mean, if we weren't a nation of a bunch of addicts and cravers of drugs, then this wouldn't even be an issue. I know that's a simple statement to make, but Lord Almighty, it's just I don't get it. That just seems to be should be another way to skin a cat, if you know what I mean, Rather than going down this road, but here we find ourselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I step back and look at the biggest of big pictures, you know, I always use the term the United States a profit margin, and we've seen that is our number one focus, and it always has been how much more money can we make? And the wider we spread that the profit margin range, the more people get hurt on the bottom end of it. If you're born in the top two thirds of wealth in this country, you're gonna be okay. But if you're in the bottom third, you're gonna struggle. And we tend to, unfortunately take advantage of that group of people. And I think that has a lot to do with the addiction issues that we've seen. I don't know how to fix it. And if you and I could push a button right now this morning, we do it. But right now, profit margin Trump's everything.
Speaker 1: I get it all day long. Well, let's talk gross domestic product and fed interest rates. Then we'll finally in the third segment, get to the sad reality of lack of affordable housing. American dream kind of taking a side step here, but first twenty two three. You show up at twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason eleven. If you have any interest in a suppressor, they're doing a demo day this Saturday between ten am and four pm. Shaw Armament on hand with what are described to some really amazing suppressors that are serviceable, modular and chamber or caliber rather changeable. So if you know suppressors, that is a big deal. And if you don't know them, want to find out what they're all about and try one out. Stop by twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason eleven and learn straight from the representative. It's a great way to find out about them. Check out twenty two to three this Saturday beginning a ten again to four pm Route forty two between Mason and elevenon online. Get other information online at the website twenty two the number followed by the word three spelled out twenty two three dot.
Speaker 10: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: For more information about contests on this station, go to a.
Speaker 1: Twenty fifty five KRCD talk station doing that money Monday thing with all our financials Brian James, all Right, is the R word going to come up in our conversation today? Brian James A Federal Reserve holding interest rate to four to a quarter to four and a half percent, plus we have a new gdpeak final quarter review figure. So what's this all mean.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to say the R word. I don't want to jinx anything, so fair enough, but we would not not looking so bad at the moment we do. We do seem to be slowing down. So so fourth quarter GDP came in at two point three percent. That's a deceleration from last quarter, which is three point one percent. These are all annualized numbers. So we do is we get the number for a three month period, we multiply it by four, and we declare that to be what the what we think the economy would do over a year. So we're falling a little bit short of the economists want two point tanted two point six percent, So we fell a little bit short of that. Things seem to be. I do think some of that could be accounted for by the idea that, especially toward the end of the quarter, companies may have been backing off a bit on investments that they were going to make, waiting for this inauguration to occur and to see what's coming here in the first quarter. In darn it all, we sure are seeing it here in the short run. So Federal Reserve as for their position, they held the interest rates, and we want to keep an interest rates in the target right now four and a quarter four and a half percent. This wasn't a big surprise. We kind of expected this pause really for the same reason Jerome Powell has said he wants to see how the economy is going to respond to the different changes coming out of the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: Like tariffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, such as the things we've been talking about.
Speaker 1: Almore, Well, let's get that and let's just se see we can't tie those two together. If as you and I kind of expected, and I think logical thinking people will expect the same thing. Prices is going to go up at least for quite a few goods and services. What will that be, by way, what would the Fed's response to that price increase in terms of interest rate?
Speaker 4: Well, the Fed is going to wait to see inflation. I mean that that's their goal is to control inflation. Inflation isn't that bad right now? Certainly not where we were a few summers ago. At nine percent, It's slightly higher than what we've wanted it to be. Core Core PCE came in at two point eight percent, which was right around the expectations, but a lot higher than what that committee shoots for at two percent. Jobless claims were okay, and new home sales are a little better than anticipated. So we're not seeing the kind of things yet that the Fed would indicate or are going to be inflationary, and therefore we need to react at this point. Though the market bonds are trading as though we're going to see a cut in June. That is a very very short term here's what's happening right now type of an update. Let's keep an eye on out of the next few weeks and see if that holds true.
Speaker 1: And if it does, about it to be more like a quarter point, wouldn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, We're not in a situation where we've got raging inflation and raging deflation. Nothing's raging, So I would anticipate more tapping of the brakes, tapping of the gas pedal if we do anything at all in the short run, but much more likely a very much wait and see approach. Jerome Powell is not even reacting to how he's being disparaged by the president who actually appointed him in twenty seventeen. So Donald Trump would like to see lower rates sooner rather than later, but he does not appear to be ready to get rid of Jerome Powell to the extent that he could at at this point.
Speaker 1: Isn't it kind of a weird faw and ignoring whether you're a foe or against Donald Trump's decision to tariff that we expect it's going to increase the prices prices, Well, that's an inflationary thing done because tariff's have been put in place, and the Federal reserves job is to manage inflations through its interest rates, so that's a completely separate function. It's like there's a strange connect slash disconnect that's going on here between one side and the other.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the good news for Trump is that people are sensitive to inflation. We just had that nine percent, as I mentioned, and people still talk about that as if it's still here. Not the case anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm still at the grocery store. But that's I mean that has there's a lot of layers in the grocery store prices.
Speaker 4: I understand that absolutely absolutely, But what I think that gives him is some headroom to say, well, yeah, prices have gone up here. You know this hasn't happened yet, but I could see it playing out this way. After we do see some inflation resulting directly from the tariffs in the coming months, he could easily say, Yep, this is the price we have to pay that I told you about back in February. But at least it's not nine percent like it was under the Biden administration. That's how that's going to be positioned. So I'm pretty sure Trump looks at this as though he's got some headroom to work with.
Speaker 1: Well, let's keep our popcorn out. We'll find out together. Brian James pause and bring us I'm to talk about it. Yeah, I know, I know. And one more thing we'll be talking about, and I just I just just so badly for young people these days, home affordability, American dream kind of out of their reach at this point. Can anything change this current landscape? It'say twenty five fifty five cars of THETALKX station. One more with Brian James. We're gonna hear from todd Sledgeman since Anyda some big angels coming to the VA locally. I'll be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC the.
Speaker 1: Simply Jen Andine Weather forecast sunny day to day. Enjoy at sixty three for the high, down to thirty eight every night with clouds b cloudy start of the day Tomorrow with sun afternoon. Sunday afternoon forty five the high down to twenty nine Tomorrow night with clouds thoughty on Wednesday as well, showers late in the day thirty nine for the high forty seven degrees right now time for traffic from the.
Speaker 11: UCULT Traffic Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts, and you see Health for innovative and personalized hardcare.
Speaker 6: Expect more at U see health dot com.
Speaker 1: There's a broken down.
Speaker 11: He's found on the Reagan Highways ramp southbound seventy one left lane of the ramp blocked on. It's also an accident in Hamilton that's on North B and Black car VERSUS LAMB Post. Chuck Ingram Month fifty five kr C the talk station.
Speaker 1: A twenty eight I fifty bout CAIRCD talk station. Happy Monday Any money with Brian James. I'm all worth financial. Appreciate being loaned out every Monday for a few segs, but talk about money matters and get yourself a certified financial plan or fee based one, so they have a fiduciary obligation to you and you can plan for your retirement. And I guess, in addition to lack of home affordability, probably young people can't afford to put money away for the retirement either. Brian, this is a sad reality settling in here, lack of affordable housing and the American dream elusive, a lot of kids still living at home with their parents, and I understand that it's just an Is there any end in sight on this and what would it take to change this landscape?
Speaker 4: Well, they say that you only dream during rem sleep, and I don't think Americans are getting as much rem sleep as we used to, So I'm not sure that the implications of the American dream are all that wonderful right now. It is right, You're right, it's very tough out there. Anybody who's got young, young adults trying to launch themselves into the world and be independent. It's a challenge even if they can afford the house payment that almost always comes direct in the face of oh yeah, by the way, don't forget you're gonna have to fund your own retirements because social Security is probably not going to look much like it does right now. So don't forget that mortgage payment and retirement all by the way, got by lunch too, So it's a tough challenge right now.
Speaker 1: And energy bills and repair cost. You know, the furnace is going to go out at some point, the roof is going to have to be replaced at some point. It's just you know, I've owned a homes since nineteen ninety and I know exactly how much it can cost.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then the problem is not too much avocado toast either. That's the fund Sully headliner sledgehammers exactly. Young people can't afford sledghammers. However, will they make it now that these are real issues? And I don't mean to make light of them.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Since since nineteen seventy nine, middle wage workers have gone up, have seen their wages increase only about sixteen point eight percent. That's an annualized growth rate of zero point four percent per year. Now, if you look at home prices, one hundred thousand dollars home in the late seventies would be something like three quarters of a million eight hundred thousand dollars right now. So wages have simply not come up with homes. Homes stopped being the American dream. They became an investment, just like anything else, a speculative, commoditized investment, sometime in the past, well really slowly over the past several decades. So the economy as a whole doesn't really care that it costs young people an awful lot more as a percentage of their paycheck to own a home. All we really care about is, hey, that's an investment I can throw money at and it will grow, and I don't really have to worry about the side impacts on other people because I'll just blame them on spending too much on avocado toast. Well that's our philosophy right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there was a time, and I know there always have been big houses being built, But I remember my grandpa marsh my mom's dad, and grandma. They had a little house on Cooper Drive in Lexington, and I don't know how many square feet it was, but it was not a very large home. Three boys, she had three brothers. They all swept in one room in the roofline.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 1: It was a walk up, but it was one big room, three beds in it. You know, nobody had their own bedroom. My mom had a separate one downstairs, but very modest. And and you know, I never remember my grandfather being upset or unhappy. He always had a you know, contented view of life. And you know, just work for IBM, and I just I think our expectations on what we're supposed to have by way of house has changed dramatically, and they just they start churning out these big houses, these mega mansions, and even the smaller homes are much much much bigger than they used to be, and of course that's going to directly impact affordability. You see some sort of perhaps sea change in how we perceive housing, like the smaller houses being becoming more popular. Obviously they're cheaper to build.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I absolutely do. Smaller houses are becoming more popular. Not because people go, hey, I want to live in a smaller house. People go, hey, I can't afford a bigger houses. This is the best I can do. And I think that drives a lot of conflict really between the generations. I don't ever remember I'm fifty years old, so I've been around a couple of blocks. I don't ever remember there being conflict between generations like there is now. I think what you're referring to, though, is that some generation, at some point is going to have to be the one to capitulate and say, you know what, we simply will not have it as good as our forebears did. We're going to have to take the hit before we get to move forward. And if I'm fortunate not to be in that situation, and I'm trying to guide my kids away from getting too hung up on that because the world is just plain changing, but I can see where I would be extremely frustrated and bitter if I was the one told you know what, it's just not going to be as good as what you grew up watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or maybe the perception of what equals good. Going back to the cost of maintaining and up keeping a home, you know, you have to furnish it, you got to clean it, and you know, the smaller you have, smaller space, you have to deal with, the less there is of that. So comparatively speaking, the cost of voting a smaller home is less than a big home, you know. I mean there's some pus sides to it all.
Speaker 4: There absolutely are but I think that doesn't really settle in until somebody is truly in that situation. But them putting themselves and I'm guess I'm picturing for a young family that first trip around with the real estate agent looking at what they can afford versus what they had in their heads before they got in the car that morning. Yeah, I think that is a cold water shock.
Speaker 1: It is. And my wife regularly points back to the eighties with lifestyles of the rich and famous, which she thinks was a turning point and what really between what truly really matters and what people just get envious of and look to and believe that they are not going to be happy unless they have what the Joneses have down the street, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's so much easier to see what the Joneses have nowadays, and this is harder. Obviously, we've got social media, so you can't get away from it even if you want to, and you're trying to do the same thing that This is how we drive profit profit in the United States of profit margin. Get people excited about something, whether they can afford it or not, and take advantage of it, of the rush when it happens.
Speaker 1: And here's one other thing I've observed over the years, you know, this the idea that we're all going to live in a house and have our own stuff and things like that. If everybody in China, and I know they have a housing issue in China of a different type, but if every one of the one point two or four billion people in China had felt that they had to build a three thousand and four thousand, five thousand square foot house, I think that would cause a problem in terms of like natural resources and the ability to even accomplish that. Yeah, I've thought of that a lot recently too, as we you know, because the big pushback here can be against suburban sprawl, because you know, every year there's a new call to sat going up in a cornfield somewhere.
Speaker 4: That's especially happening around here, and there are people who object to that and say we shouldn't be doing that, We should be conserving, conserving, And I'm always thinking, wherever that person lives, do you do you want to live in a skyscraper with five thousand other families? You should we all stay inside some little pasture somewhere. So, I mean, I think there's logic to both sides. Yeah, but I don't think the extremes are ever going to play a role here.
Speaker 1: Complicated it is, and we can only hope that at least the home interest rates go down at least to provide some measure of affordability for you young people. I don't know, Brian. Always a distinct pleasure having you on the program. I'll look forward to next Monday, another edition of Monday Monday, and you best to you and everybody at all Worth.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, stay warm out there in fake spring. We'll talk to you next.
Speaker 1: Week fake spring. Indeed, it'll last a moment. Enjoy a while at last. See thirty five ffty five krs to detalk station Todd Sledge since Anava some significant Cincinnativa facility improvements. Todd's gonna be talking about that coming up next. For my veteran friends out there, stick around.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: I'm more through, gust through, and I've been looking for.
Speaker 1: As far as the weather goes. Channel nine says we've got a Sunda day in her hands today with will Hire sixty three degrees. Then the cold front comes internight. Mostly cloudy sky is down to thirty eight forty five hour high. Tomorrow will be partly cloudy start of the day with some sun in the afternoon, twenty nine overnight with clowns, and then on Wednesday a cloudy day, showers late in the day and I high of thirty nine forty six degrees.
Speaker 11: Time for traffic the u SEE Health Traffic Center. Heart CEC is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts, so you see Health for Innovative and Person of Ice Heartcare. I expect more at u seehelp dot com. There's a broken down. He's found on the Reagan Tramp to southbound seventy one. Left hand side southbound seventy five slows in and out of Lochlin for an extra five. There's an accident in Hamilton on North b at Black Chuck Ingramont.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station. It is eight forty here fifty five KRCD talk station. A very happy Monday to you.
Speaker 8: You know me.
Speaker 1: I love my veteran friends and enlisting audience and their families and do anything I can to help spread the love and do anything we can to help the American veteran and someone who shares my opinion in that regard. Todd Sledge and the Cincinntiva is returning for our KRC Care section to talk about some what are described as significant changes coming to the VA facility. Welcome back, Todd Sledge. It's always great having you on the show. Yeah, Bran, it's always great to talk with you.
Speaker 18: And as you said, share this, share the motivation to make sure our veterans are connected with what they need to know here in Cincinnati. Yes, indeed, So what is coming to the VA this year, Well, many of our veterans that are listening know that we've we've been under a lot of construction for a very long period of time, and so there are four significant plan completed projects for twenty twenty five, and I just wanted to point those out, Brian, because two of them are really going to be phenomenal for us, and they involve two of our community based out patient clinics where we are expanding, we continue to expand, So those veterans out in Claremont County, the Eastgate area, Milford and Mount Orb and Georgetown and the East side of Cincinnati will be moving to a new new location this fall.
Speaker 1: It's over there.
Speaker 18: I call it the TQL land over there in East Cape where they've kind of taken over over there by the TQL location. We're expanding our new clinic in the fall. And what's significant about that move. We're also doing the same thing with our Hamilton clinic out in Butler County, and both of these facilities are doubling in size, so both of them are going from Yeah, so both of them are going from approximately like Claremont for example, they're going from a sixteen thousand square foot facility to a twenty six thousand square foot facility. And then Hamilton the same way. So both of these facilities brand new, first floor, state of the art, plenty of parking, great expansion of it.
Speaker 1: And if I think of our veterans, want.
Speaker 18: To take a take a trip to see what the new clinics will look like in Hamilton and Eastgate. We opened up a very similar clinic like this in Dearborn over there in Larnsburg, Indiana, and it's absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 4: Brian.
Speaker 1: So with the larger expanded facilities, what comes along with that it just more space, more doctors, more offices, or the additional services are going to be offered for the veterans.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's well, the some of the services, well, we'll expand a little bit more because of the physical size of these things. But what it does is it is more space and the design of it is very interesting. So if you think about these two facilities being like a just a normal shoebox size, the providers do all their work in the middle of the building and on the between the two sides the right and left, there are doors that access from like this inner inner circle or inner working hub, and the provider goes from room to room instead of the patient or the veteran going room room to room for different specialties, so it's a.
Speaker 1: Different flow operation.
Speaker 18: Some of the things like our physical therapy and occupational therapy sections will definitely expand and make things better for us, as well as more office space for some some different very different specialties that happen, like mental health and the dietary and things.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, in addition to the expanded size of those locations, anything else coming to the vice facilities by way of improvements to share.
Speaker 18: Yeah, the main hospital, the other two I wanted to mention where primary care. Our primary care section has been under construction that's located right off the first floor. That'll open up again here in twenty twenty five, which again is just making it more space, easier for veterans to navigate, and just a very much of an update. When we put that expansion on in the early nineties. Obviously we've outgrown it. And then every veteran knows who comes to the facility come through this big, large revolving door we have. Our lobby's been under renovation and it's starting to show glimpses of what that's going to look like. And we're very excited about how that's going to look where things are just more serviceable, it's not chopped up and more inviting, with a really really nice main lobby, piece of piece of marble that's in the middle of that's going to be very attractive.
Speaker 1: Well great, well, and I know the number of veterans who now signed up for vacare has increased, and that's the goal over the VA's to get those veterans to take advantage of their VA benefits, which is literally healthcare.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Absolutely, And so our fiscal year runs very differently than a normal calendar season. We ended our twenty twenty four fiscal calendar year September thirtieth of twenty twenty four. And to your point, Brian was the most number of veterans we've seen in one given year. And so I think veterans are starting to understand about how and through your help and the different stuff that we do, about how to take advantage of these benefits and how to make a VA healthcare part of their healthcare portfolio. And I think some of the myths and misconceptions about who's eligible for VA healthcare is really coming to place. So we're really excited about our efforts and how we're reaching folks, and we're looking to expand that as well. And I've always said, what not a better place to be served every day by a staff who know exactly what veterans are looking for and the different things that they deal with. And it's so Treely he absolutely the hearing loss and the prosthetics and the the eye here, and but particularly the toxic exposure stuff, which we're really high on here over the past two years. Well, let's pause, we'll bring Todd back talk about enrolling and what types of healthcare services are there and how veterans can apply and all these good fun facts more with todd Sledgem the Cincinniva. After these brief.
Speaker 10: Words, fifty five KRC you're.
Speaker 1: One more time for the weather. Channe nine says beautiful day today, sunny Skye's in a highest sixty three overnight down to thirty eight with clowns, partly cloudy beginning tomorrow sun later in the day at some point forty five will be the high. Overnight down to twenty nine with clouds and a cloudy Wednesday rain late in the day high of thirty nine blows it out of forty seven degrees. Time for final traffic Chuck.
Speaker 11: From the UC Help Traffic Center Heart disease since the leading can cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts that you see Hell for innovative and personalized hard care. Expects more at UC health dot com. Sep Bend seventy five continues to slow through Wakwa. It's under a five minute delay and the last of the heavy traffic for the Monday morning commute. Crews are working with Arek and Hamilton on North b at Black Chucking ramon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey forty nine people have rc DE talk station Happy Monday Deep Dive with Daniel Davis and the bright Part inside Scoop tomorrow in the morning Show among other topics, and in the meantime Todd Sledge and the CINCINNTI of the A. All right, you let everybody know about the improvements coming to the various facilities making it easier to navigate, expanded room for the veterans to get their healthcare there, and let us pivot over to getting even more of the veterans enrolled in the VA health system. How can enrolling in the VA health services improve a veterans over all health and well being?
Speaker 18: Todd Well, Brian, you know, one of the things I like to focus on with this is that there are so many, so many different things that we can do that's more financially efficient, easier for veterans to do, and a lot of less wet, a lot of less way times. As you're probably well aware, there's a lot of different specialty type services in the community that are very hard to get into the dietary dermatology sometimes you know, seeing an audiologist, some different folks and these are things that we by mandate, we have to get you a scheduled appointment within thirty days to be seen or find some other arrangements for you to be seen. So that's you know, that's one of the overall health and well being. But one of the main things is is our preventative medicine model, where you know, we can do things with different specialty tests and prevention measures of things that the private sector really can't offer or they're going to run through your insurance. So I always encourage people to do that. And you know this when it comes to again, I'm going to repeat myself when it comes to the eyeglasses and hearing aids. Yeah, cost efficient measure of that, but more particularly, you know, and I think of services like mental health helping that you know, with with with all the mental health services that we have, our home care programs that we have in house care of things, and just you know, an overall really old family medicine style. You know, you know, your provider's my name, you know your nurse is by name, which is a very different relationship when it comes to I think people going to the doctor, especially stubborn people that avoid the doctor, like myself, oh.
Speaker 1: So much, Like I have my own primary care physician who I've been going to for years and years and years. It's the same type of thing going on with the VA. You're just not assigned a primary care physician randomly when you go in. You get to see the same doctor every time. Oh yeah, we have what's called we have what's called PAC teams, Brian. They're patient aligned care teams, so you're always seeing the same primary care physician as well as that same team, so every time when you walk in. So for example, the clinics that I mentioned that are expanding, they all have their same assigned person that walks in and not nine out of ten times.
Speaker 18: I mean, they know these people by their first name, they know their pet's name, they know whether the grandkids go to school. So it's a very relationship style relationship with us.
Speaker 1: That's good. I think, you know, my perception is on some level and I haven't experienced THEA services that didn't serve, but that it might be a more sterile environment less you know of that sort of familial relationship. So you've satisfy my curiosity on that. That's a wonderful thing to hear. So how DoD veterans apply for the VA healthcare benefits or any eligibility requirements for veterans to rule in VA healthcare services.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so the minimum requirements for VA healthcare services twenty four consecutive months. That's the minimum requirement. That's you know, that's just your normal twenty four consecutive months of service starting from your basic training on forward. And there are some other specialty factors for guard and reserve personnel that served on some executive orders. But there's many, many, many resources that people could take advantage and find out what they're eligible for. And first it starts with us by calling five one three four seven five sixty four ninety nine. That's a direct dial number two or Eligibility office. Anybody can call that and find out what their veteran Level one would be entitled to and how to enroll in doing that. So you know, again that's five one three four seven, five sixty four nine nine.
Speaker 8: That's directly to us.
Speaker 18: Now, you also, veterans can also take advantage of their county Veteran Service Commissions, which we have, you know, many of those here right here in the tri States. So in Claremont County there's the Veteran Service Commission, there's the Butler County Veteran Service Commission at Hamilton County.
Speaker 8: They can also help.
Speaker 18: You get enrolled by starting the paperwork for you or telling you exactly or tolling veterans what to do exactly to get enrolled and apply with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, veterans. I talk to those guys all the time, the Claimont County, butter and Hamilton County Veteran Service, whichever one you're trying to, they strongly encourage you to have them help you because, as I've had it explained to me, going to the government via website and navigating that can be a bit of a challenge and confusing.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Absolutely, you know, any any big robust organization that has, you know, an online system is always going to have its complexities. And I'm still very old school, you know, I pick up the phone face to face, you know. I know we're in a world of teams meetings and zoom meetings, but I'm still an old school guy to when it want to be face to face, and I encourage people to do that because VA healthcare eligibility is very complex. It's not just cutter drive whether you know. You know, it's not about that you get hurt in active duty. It's there's more things to it that makes it complex, and we want to make sure we have all those boxes checked and the people that know eligibility you know how to navigate the series of questions based upon a veteran's responses or a spouse's responses to Thanks.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Todd, Sledge and Snavia get in touch with the Enrollment Office direct five one three four seven five sixty four ninety nine. And don't overlook the benefit to your Veteran Service commissions in your county because they can be very very helpful and also have additional resources, including some of them that'll transport you to the VA facility, which is a nice extra service that may be available for you. Todd as always thank you for what you're doing for the American veteran each and every day. I always enjoy our conversations and I really do enjoy spreading the word about what is available at the VA for them.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Absolutely, Brian.
Speaker 18: We appreciate your kind words all the time and our support and supporting us and what we're doing.
Speaker 8: And as I always say, you know, if we're not.
Speaker 18: Doing something that's the way that the veteran sees, please reach out to us, talk to patient advocates to it, don't put it in your pocket. No, as my grandfather used to tell me, he said, don't put that frustraction in your pocket and walk away, because somebody else might experience that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you may bring about a transformative change to the benefit of the rest of your veteran friend. That's that's right. And you're always open to hear' segians and comments and even criticism. Todd, thanks again my best to everyone at the VA. Keep up the great work, my friend. I know we'll talk again real soon. It's eight fifty six. You didn't get a chance to listen to Live Christopher Smithman. He was on a tear this morning Monday, Mondays, Brian James and of course the information from Todd Sledge fifty five KRC dot com for all that and so much more. Tune in tomorrow for the Insight Scoop with Breit Barton, Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Thank you Joe Strecker for all you do producer of the program. The Folks Stick Around run backs up.
Speaker 5: Next from a full rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 6: A critical message, but it's important. Fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 8: This report is