Speaker 1: Truly mister Giddy two shoes. Starting off breaking news with some Arizona athletics news. We kind of talked about it earlier. The volleyball team took a loss today, swept by the utah Ut at home after they're upset victory with the number twenty BYU Cougars.
Speaker 2: Right, Uh, who was utah good?
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 2: Were they like highly ranked or were they they weren't ranked? The reason, the reason I ask is the men's sports isn't immune to this where you go up against the team that you many think you can't beat, beat b YU and then lose to another team that's not b YU, right, like probably a lesser team than b YU. Yeah, but I don't want to speak out of my behind you if that's not true. Uh, Utah.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find the record, can't really find it right now, but you know they're they're not ranked. Arizona's had a pretty good season so far, so they more than likely should have won this game. But they shouldn't have gotten up after going five rounds with b White.
Speaker 2: It's that it's that you know that old proverb wouldn't have proverb, but they all saying, you know you started listening to reading your press clippions and get full of yourself and you start to you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Utah is thirteen and two even won a Big twelve play so not ranked but competitive team. Sure they go and sweep the Cats at McHale tonight the random Blue game for the men's basketball team, right, should be a fun Did they divvy up the teams? Do we know what the teams are? I haven't foud any thing yet. They said they would announce it today. I'm sure they're going to announce it just shows or something that were before the the event starts. But we're gonna get our first look at the Wildcats this year. For the men's basketball team, highlight highlighted the players. You know, you got Jayden Bradley coming back, Caleb Love, Kaj Lewis from last year's team, adding pants fs like Trade Townsend and from Oakland.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to be a star for Yeah. I liked him during his interview. Very smart, particular guy reads a lot of books into philosophy. Uh, those are the stories you love to tell because it's not basketball related. Yeah, you know, he's just.
Speaker 1: Being himself, right, that's what you like to see freshman Carter Bryant. He was highly talted coming out of high school. Should be able to gain some good experience this year, kind of like kJ Lewis last year, and then we have transfers also like Toby o'waka I believe I pronounced that right, junior from Tennessee.
Speaker 2: He was the interview too. Did you know that? Yeah, that was at that one.
Speaker 1: He kind of similar to tallengend he loves reading books outside of off off the court, he's just with his teammates.
Speaker 2: He's focused on the team.
Speaker 1: So not to say he's going to replace Bollow, but to fill the shoes in a sense to the w n B A some good games today, the Links going to the Suns that series tied one to one, and the Liberty going up against the Aces.
Speaker 2: The Liberty lead to two.
Speaker 1: Oh uh, middle of that playoff series.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you quick questions. We talked about the Red Blue already times to start.
Speaker 1: I believe festivities start at six with festivity, so uh, you're gonna be looking at the three point context, the context, and even I believe at five that is when the adaptive athletics go onto the court.
Speaker 2: So that's it. Starts at five with that. Yeah, well, I thought I started a six with that. I believe it starts at five. I think that's what what it said. I'm trying to find that towards the end of breaking news. But I'm looking forward now.
Speaker 1: You know, I work at the rec. I always see the adaptive athletics people though. That's a really talented group. They're one of the best teams in the in the country exactly. I've been able to interview some of them to really really polite players and students.
Speaker 2: And great stories. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to the w n b AH Knicks legends. Patrick Ewing, the all time beating scorer, has rejoined the franchise as an ambassador just with both basketball and bussed operations. Will be working directly with coach head coach Tim Thibodeau.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it sorts of six starts at six. Yeah. It's funny because it's just a center time and that's what we're on. But we're really on Pacific time pretty much, you know what I'm saying. But it is six o'clock. Okay, so that makes good. I was gonna kind of cruise around and then go to the game. Now I have to go straight to it right at me too. Ah, So next legend coming back home? Right right? Did you see that? Because we we were right after the show yesterday. Uh, mister Francona got the job? Did you have that on your thing? Okay? Soon?
Speaker 1: But you know you kind of see some of these franchise legends coming back being part of the operations as ambassadors, as sometimes coaches.
Speaker 2: How do how do you feel about stuff like that?
Speaker 1: That's me again, just like franchise legends like you when going back to the next having those type of roles.
Speaker 2: Good good questions, because I did want to talk about him going back, but at first I wanted to talk to him going the legends going back to coach their schools. Georgetown, it was a disaster. He was not a very good coach. He just wasn't. Uh. He saved his job by two three years ago. What it was when they made the playoffs or it made the nc DOUAA tournament and blah blah blah, because they they had to go on a roll and they did that. I think they won the big the big the big ten, no, no big big whatever the big it was, uh, and they did really well. Saved his job. Had another year and it was a disasters, just not a good coach. But you have all these these teams, Arizona has one too, uh with with the Dea right yep. So when things go bad, it's unbelievably difficult to say goodbye because of who they are, and you don't want to do it, but you have to do it. And it usually comes from an ad that has no ties to the school, and usually most times eighties don't have a tie to the school. But what do I think about stuff like that? I don't know. In the knick Knix case, Well, he's one of them. What priory to you? What's he gonna do? He'll pay you, shake hands, kiss babies, and be Patrick you right. You know it's like me going back to my high school and me they'm asking, this is what really happens? Who are you? What are you doing? But you know what you want to say with Patrick you and it's that you say, like Sean when Seawan comes back, or Sean Sean Elliott and the San Antonio he's that guy. But if you were to come back here, it's tough. It's tough. I don't know if you want to be that guy. It's like Steve Kirk coming back here or do it Luke Walton coming back here and coaching. People would love it until they wouldn't, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 1: People like so like Steve Carley, they already have their opinions on him, whether he's a good coach now or if he's just surrounded by well a great legend, which he is, right, But I do think it takes a good coach to go and win those championship.
Speaker 2: Sure or sure of course that doesn't happen by accident. His biggest thing now and I think the world of Steve, and I've said this numerous times that he's the smartest man I've ever met, not even close in anything. But now his politics are getting the way of and I'm neither here nor there, although I agree with them that people are starting to say, what the hell do you know? You stick to babasket? Yeah, kind of a shut up and drives shut up and Joe were right because they don't want to hear that from him or anybody else. Actually, But you know, he's a smart dude. His family went through some of the things that he's talking about, gun violence and all that, so I think he has a little background and what he's talking about. That said, I can understand why people say what they say.
Speaker 1: Uh so being back with the Knicks, We'll see if we see any other of those franchise legends going back and being ambassadors for their team.
Speaker 2: Well you saw, God, I want to see the Michigan Michigan basketball Juwan Howard going back to his place in Michigan. John how know he was with he's with Michigan with there was you know, went back to coach didn't do a great job or hasn't done a great job. There's just people like that. It's very it's very risky taking the guy that used to go there. Everybody wanted Damon Sttomy are here? Uh when when not everybody? A lot of people wanted Damon stom I here went before Tommy took the job, and Tommy understood that. He acknowledged that people know Damon the plan. He would have been a past fantastic hire too. But sometimes it's best that it doesn't happen. Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, even even looking at before jet Fish, I think the Antoine Cason was put out there as what the the the people's higher really I didn't even know that I didn't think it was Anton Cason, but it was. It was a former player that had been coaching on a little bit smaller level, and they said, well, if we're gonna give anyone a chance, why not one of our own.
Speaker 2: Yes, And that's that's like I was gonna say. It's like recruiting local. There's not enough good local kids to make this team better, that makes any sense. There's just a hand force. Yeah, go after those guys. You'd like to see more, but reality is but it's not And it's not Phoenix. No, it's not Phoenix. It's like josh Joshua pastor of people his ballet, who's his name? Around two? Okay, no stick.
Speaker 1: Sticking to the NBA real quick, their preseason games that started to tip off. You had the Celtics and Nuggets play today one of seven, one o three to the Celtics, and then you got another game with the Jazz and the I believe it's a G League team of the breakers. But then you have the Timberwolve the Lakers. Lebron's not playing, but we'll more than likely see his son. Okay, Yeah, should be fine if he goes out there and is able to do some show some stuff to the fans, have good luck with it. Like we mentioned before, Terrio Francona to the Cincinnati d right.
Speaker 2: That happened right after the show ended yesterday, which is a great thing. It's funny because I was going to try to get him on the show to talk to come in and be my co host, because he's been on the show a few times. I think he takes a job, and I said, well, there goes my chance getting him to come in because he's in Tucson, you know. Yeah, and he'll be in Tuson for a while given the time of year, but he's gonna probably go back and start working on the team.
Speaker 1: He's not good at retirement obviously, uh, which is the best to him, you know. Yeah, he's obviously a really good manager. Hopefully he can turn it around there. Sticking in the MLB, it is the month of October. It is playoff time. You got the Tigers and the Guardians playing tomorrow, the Mets going to the Phillies, Royals visiting the Yankees, and the Padres going to Jay's Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who is going to be mister October. I don't follow baseball that well too, do I? I think you can pick a couple of people and you wouldn't be wrong.
Speaker 1: I mean, if the Yankees are able to do it, you know, you're probably looking at a player like Aaron Judge.
Speaker 2: Right, kind of the Dodgers get there, obvious, So it would be it would be great to see both of them play against each other a.
Speaker 1: Kind of a you like to see those those championships and games with that matter to where it's two teams that haven't been there, like the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: They had to have been there last year in a while.
Speaker 1: But then you get, yeah, you know, the Dodgers are well known, the Yankees are run out of East coast, West coast type of rivalry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it'd be be fantastic, big names, a lot of market value, all that stuff. Yeah, So, good weekend for MLB.
Speaker 1: To the NFL, I'm back again with the laundry list of injuries. Uh starting with the Dolphins quarterback to A tagabaaloa uh still injured, still out, but the NFL said today that they are not going to intervene in whether he's going to be returning or not. Okay, so yeah, I think that's good. I think it should be his choice to make if he's sure or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but if he if he chooses to come back, Now you're the coach and you're thinking, what should I do? Yeah, because it's not his it's his decision to come back, but not his decision to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna be up to the coach. Uh, coaching, doctors, doctors, Yeah, of course. Uh so we'll see what happens with that. The Giants from last Thursday's game against the Cowboys, their rookie wide receiver Leak Neighbors. Because of the concussion protocol, he's been ruled out for this week.
Speaker 2: Okay, they played Pittsburgh this week. I believe they know.
Speaker 1: They go to the Seahawks, Coways go to the Steelers. For the Colts, Jonathan Taylor will be out Sunday against their with their matchup against the Jaguars and their quarterback Anthony Richardson, his status is uh undecided right now.
Speaker 2: It's still up in the air.
Speaker 1: So if obviously he doesn't get to go, we'll see Joe Flacco, Joe Cool back in action again.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: For the Bills, they're missing a couple of their starters, wide receiver Khalil Shakir, defensive tackles at Oliver and Austin Johnson and safety Taylor Rap for their game against the Houston Texas.
Speaker 2: That should be good. One.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that should be good both three and one looking to keep momentum for their teams.
Speaker 2: They're not allowed to use the word momentum, but I've allowed it from the Texas tech guy and you because I don't believe in it. But that's okay. It's okay. You can believe what you believe. If you see ghosts, I'll keep believing if you see see ghosts, I won't deny. Did you see ghosts?
Speaker 1: I know I don't see Thursday Night football last night, great game, went to overtime. It was again great Pilkins and Buccaneers. Yeah, Kirk Cousins throwing for over five hundred.
Speaker 2: In the world. Did they lose that game? I have no idea how did they lose that game?
Speaker 1: You know, Kirk Cousins magic right there, some Atlanta magic too. Good showing by him. He hasn't had a showing like that in a good while. And you know, he's one of those quarterbacks where people criticize him for not showing you up in prime time.
Speaker 2: He did last night. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So again some good games going into Week five of the NFL. You had the Bills and the Texans. You have both two and two teams, Raiders and the Broncos. Cowboys going to Steelers always a classic matchup in Monday Night, the Saints visiting.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs defeated Chiefs. Yeah, okay uh.
Speaker 1: And then of course Week six college football should be a good one.
Speaker 2: You have matchups like the.
Speaker 1: Missouri Texas A and m both top rank teams, a championship rematch between the Michigan Wolverines, the Washington hust Is going to Husky Stadium, and then the game of the week for college game, toy Miami visiting California.
Speaker 2: Okay, matchups great, how you done? Yeah? Okay, I need to say some things with Cosumo Del Soul will be there a week from yesterday. Look forward to with that with Jay. We'll talk to Jay later. But the Cosmic Bingo breast cancer awareness, it's wild, it's exciting, it's cosmic bingo and it's only at Casino Rel Soul on the first Friday of every month, which is of course tonight at ten thirty pm. Sales start at nine pm. The Old the one and only Lucid. The holiday brings a special brand of madness to Bingo d Ease featuring Fiesta DJs and Divines Photo Booth. So that's tonight beginning ten thirty, So it's a late night. It's a cosmic beingal crazy, crazy time and little Big Wheel Money Club Soul members have a chance to win up to one thousand dollars in free play at they'll sold every Saturday from October sixth to November thirtieth, and up to five hundred dollars at Casino of the Sun, plus receive an invite to the to the Grand Finale on Saturday, November thirtieth for a chance to win up to ten thousand dollars cash at Casino Dell's Soul. So, a lot of things going on. I'll be talking about a lot of the things going on here as we move forward and they become a great sponsor again. We'll see them there at Thursday in six days. I hope to see some people there. It'll be fun. Okay, So let's take a break, get a hold of Jake and then talk about UA football.
Speaker 4: Now, now, your chance to win one thousand dollars just entered this nationwide keyword on our website cash, that's cash. Enter it right now, Block Sports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 5: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wildside, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games to award winning dining to world class entertainment to a luxurious resource.
Speaker 2: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 5: Discover with Soul Casino Dell Soul, the Soul of Tucson. Are you ready enterprise so Fasco, Yuki, trye.
Speaker 6: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instack cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 6: Visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Here to talk about Dorato rock and materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Give them a call at five to two zero four zero zero for two three three. Where do you buy exercise equipments?
Speaker 7: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 8: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty seconds just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 9: School and a falls fourth season are in full stride to give that special student athlete a creative award for his or her efforts. They are deserving. It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a Chris looking embroidered school corporate logo on caps, shorts or long sleeve follos. And why not get some fresh looking promotional products representing your school or corporation or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 2: For over one thousand fun items.
Speaker 9: To choose from, come visit Creative Awards at Creative awardsaz dot com or see our Idea Center at two twenty eight West TrackMan Street.
Speaker 10: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five two oh six eight five six two six Today in MLS three O eight seven Arizona be K nine two nine to four two Equal Housing Opportunity. Got to commitment to Lyndrix syncredit greates and available loan programs of subject to change the undubice.
Speaker 9: Did you know collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in.
Speaker 2: Sports cards and trading card games.
Speaker 9: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trust Showtime Cards.
Speaker 2: For their passion.
Speaker 11: Ready to save but not sure where to begin?
Speaker 2: Take the Pyramid Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 7: Ten thousand dollars Saving Challenge and we'll guide you along the way.
Speaker 4: Save five hundred dollars over six months as a member and.
Speaker 2: You could win big. Watch your savings grow to help you reach goals like buying a car, owning a home and more. Visit Pyramid FCU.
Speaker 4: Dot com Slash ten k challenge to get started today.
Speaker 7: Been really insured and CUA gut bugs, termites, mees or rodents. Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest managements list that's can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Selling your home want to get more money for it? Well, Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home you Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Armny Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home of Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 4: This is Ie on the Ball with Stebraverron Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Subscribe now to the podcast on the iHeartRadio WIP just search Ie on the Ball.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to the Ball here at Fox Sports fourteen fifteen. I'm Steve Rivera, you're Juan and now we have mister Jake Fisher. Jake, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Greg?
Speaker 11: Guys?
Speaker 2: Your Friday it's doing well. It's going to be a busy one where we had to red blue here right after the show. I'm sure you missed those you missed those days?
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Let's talk about football first. Let's talk about football first. You surprise shocked about Saturday?
Speaker 11: No, Like I said, if they don't have Cam Rising, there's no reason that we shouldn't win. I think the camp or I hope that the Kansas Date game was just a one off. I said. Normally, when you go into a bye a game or a bye week after not playing well, you're gonna have you know, you're gonna be a little pissed off. And that carried on into the game. It looked like we actually won the line of scrimmage, which is saying quite a bit since you know, Utah has got a hell of a line, and I was happy the way they played. Obviously, we only scored twenty three points, but it's Utah, and when you go into Utah you score twenty three points, I mean you're doing okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree. I can't remember you said that about Cam Rising, but I'm sure you did. He did. Yeah, one saying he's not even his head. So nice, nice they. I think the game was won in the first quarter when their coach decided to go for the first down without trying for the you know, the first you know, without trying the field goal. You lost the points, and it gave Arizona confidence defensively.
Speaker 11: Well yeah, if you're you Sahn, you got that kind of defense exactly. Take some shots like that exactly, Normally it works out for you. So I'm just happy that Tacario Davis decided to show up and seemed like every single third, fourth down he was knock gonna ball out of somebody's hands. So I'm just happy they showed up.
Speaker 2: How it's funny you phrased it that way that he showed up and you played. How often did you not show up, whether you did no intention otherwise, but because you're always gonna play, but there are days when you just didn't play well. I'm sure, Oh.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I probably played more bad games than a lot of other people. Not gonna lie, but no, it's one of those things to where if it's a big game and you're young, sometimes you get a little bit too riled up, make a couple of mistakes. You know, he had two personal fouls that first game, and then he didn't play particularly well. You know, it's like, hey, this guy's supposed to be a first round grade and you know, Dorian Singer still had a couple of catches on him, but I mean he had what five path breakups? Yeah, so you know, I think he got the defensive Back player of the week. That's awesome. Congratulations now just keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a game like that, I'm sure it helps with that confidence whatever. I mean, you can at least assume that.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once again, it's Utah.
Speaker 11: They got good players, you know, I mean they were rage number ten for a reason. They had just beat Oklahoma State the week prior on the road without Cam Rising. So again, they got good players. You know, they're a different team without Cam Rising. But we went in there and we took care of business, and that's really all that matters.
Speaker 2: So I know who I'm talking to, your your pro Arizona. You love Arizona and all that. So are you sold yet on what do you see? They didn't play well for three games, they paid well for one. Now what do you have?
Speaker 11: I think the fact that you had a camp, you had spring ball. You know, obviously had to get a lot of things sorted out there, new systems all around. For the most part, a lot of guys that left. I mean, hell, it looked like they got all the adjustments done this past week. The only thing that I still have a question about is, you know, making sure that we can actually tackle a running quarterback when it comes to the offense. Obviously, I still have questions. Obviously they erupted that first game. I'm just happy that a couple of the receivers and tight end stepped up in this last game and made some big play down the stretch. I mean, you had high it on that you know, long launch when it seemed like Noah got his aco blown out. I mean, how the hell do you get hit that hard in the knee, get up, jogged down, and then on third down again to Kean Burnett that first touchdown that he had to. I forget the receiver's name, but it's one of those things where when you come to these big games, you have to have somebody else but Nick Millan performing. They did that, but I would like to see more.
Speaker 1: So with Speedy Luke red shirting this week. Do you think that they're going to have trouble being able to run the ball out that they're down to two maybe maybe a third running back going into Saturday.
Speaker 11: I mean, it's scary. It's like, what else are you going to do? You don't want to pull somebody's red shirt, you know what I mean. I mean he made that decision for himself. He wants to get bigger and stronger come back next year.
Speaker 3: And to be honest with you, he should have been redshirted this freshman.
Speaker 11: Year when it was only damn hear one hundred and sixty pounds. He lost a year because of that. The coaching staff I hear really like him. The only thing I'm gonna miss I love washing him run down. There's a gunner on punt like, there's nobody that can keep up with him. So as long as you get a good break and you're running straight down there, you get enough airtime or hangtime. He would have been awesome. But he can do that next year too.
Speaker 2: So you watch those things obviously, what do you think about Justin Flow because he's he's a lunatic out there.
Speaker 11: Justin Flow is very important to the team because he's the guy on kickoff that will go and take out two people. He's just that guy. He doesn't care how hard he gets hit. He'll get back up, He'll scream in your face. He's just enjoying football. And you know, every team needs a couple of lunatics like that. I'm sorry, but those guys are damn near as valuable as you know, having a good running back. So I'm happy for him. And you know, sometimes you get a young guy like me as a young guy, I got stuck on all the special teams as a freshman. You see something like that, You're like, what the hell is going on? So hey, I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: Put him down at kickoff is the five.
Speaker 11: I would like to see him at gunner on punt. Can you imagine that guy as a gunner on punt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be disgusting, right, And he's physically gifted he would be. Yeah, he'd be a freakish guy there.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, if you have a defensive back coming over there trying to cover, because you throw him out of it away. If you have to double them, it's gonna least somebody else free. So it's like, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, right, who was that guy when you played on your team?
Speaker 11: What the crazy person?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: They weren't as crazy.
Speaker 11: What's the word I'm looking for? You know, they didn't show it like he does where he's jumping up on the field and doing that stuff. I did that stuff a little bit my freshman year, you know, doing the old West Virginia mountaineer thing where you hit your forehead with the helmets just to pump you up. That was a very smart.
Speaker 3: But but there were a couple of those guys.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, just think about the guys that used to just take people out and level them. They all have a little bit of that craziness in the back of their head. Otherwise they wouldn't be trying to knock people out with their helmet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I hear you, so, no names, huh. I couldn't remember those times.
Speaker 11: I don't want to see anybody out because I you know, I'll forget somebody and then I'll get in trouble.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So I think that the quiet talk. Now, no one's talking about lays that he's wearing. No one's talking about Brendan blah blah blah, or the quina or bavers there. There's just kind of and you you've been through it, you know you were part of the team. Do you think that'll subside for the rest of the year.
Speaker 11: It depends how these next couple of weeks ago. You know, if we lay an egg against Texas Tech, all those questions are going to come right back up to the forefront. So they got to make sure that they tightened, you know, whatever they didn't do well this past week, obviously take the momentum. Roll it into a home game going against the Texas Tech team that can score. Now, we're going to see if your defense is for real. The last game, you didn't play against their starting quarterback. This game, they got some weapons. So if the defense steps up, if we control the clock, we control the line of scrimmage, and we can put points on the board. I think we got to score at least twenty eight to win the game. But you know, if, like I said, if we lay an egg, all those questions are going to start coming right back up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's God. I was going to ask you a question that now, No, yeah, no question. Now I lost that my train of thought, which happens all the time with me. You said so twenty eight. I thought the first one. Maybe the thirty wins? God, now this, Oh what do you think about the offensive coiner coordinator change? Do you mean?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, again, I'm not. I don't know anyone behind the scenes with that stuff. It could be one of two things. I hope it's that he actually was hired to, you know, get mentored intimating that person. And I hope, you know, Dino was just kind of that not old head, but that experienced guy that was there to help mentor him into that because he saw something, you know, something he saw a bright kid or bright kid, a bright young man that knew what the hell he was doing, and he might end up being like the long term offensive coordinator. I really hope it's not. You know, hey, you only scored seven against Kansas State. That's just my feeling. I hope it's number one. I think it's number one, But regardless. I mean twenty three again at Utah, that's pretty damn good.
Speaker 2: So we talk about this every now and again when you're on you suffered the fate of this. Back in the day, you'd come up as a team, played very well, Oregons, those types of teams, play them, beat them, and then a week later or a week before, you suffer an upset. It happens here more than we need to talk about, right, because you actually experienced it. You've seen it. So now these teams, these teams, and maybe it's just every team, and I just concentrate on this one where they played really well, right, they played really well. Now they can't, you know, get intoxicated about how they played.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's one of those things to where if you get a big head, yeah, after a big win, there could be three or four different plays that decide the next game. You know, you can play a really good game, but you have three or four really bad plays. Like after we beat the Living Dog, you know what, out of Oregon at home. We had two or three plays in that first half and all of a sudden we're down by like twenty one points. It's like, what the hell you didn't do? What we practiced, we need to get this crap together, and in the second half, you know, at the beginning it seemed like we got it together to teams started getting you know, some runs, we put some points on the board, and then we make two bad mistakes and then it just everything breaks open. Same thing that happens over at Kansas State. You know, you're competitive two and a half quarters in the way through, and then all of a sudden you have two bad plays end up in touchdowns. It's one of those things to where your veteran leadership really has to step up and tell these guys, hey, this can happen. We've already seen it one time, and you're lucky it wasn't a conference game, but you know we could see a couple of teams like that here later on. Do what you need to do. We're playing a couple of freshmen. So as long as you do your job, don't try to be the hero, don't try to put a cape on if you're not ready for it. And you know, our linebacker coaches always said, don't take the cheese, don't do it. Just play what you need to do, or just do what you need to do, make your plays and go from that.
Speaker 2: So you know, in a world or a game where you have more than one hundred plays, I think maybe eighty to what a eighty minimum, probably maybe one hundred total, So how many bad plays can you not afford to have? Five? Ten, three?
Speaker 11: If we're talking about like extreme mishaps, two or three can change a game. So again, just my discipline is very important.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Explain that to me, Just explain that that phrase.
Speaker 11: I just well, every now and then you get a team that you know, does a trick play, you know, does something where it's like, yeah, we did not see that on film. Yeah, but I mean whether it's a double move, you know, some sort of reverse play flicker where you know, the cornerback comes in, tries to be a hero, the safety bites up, and then all of a sudden you get the best receiver running down the field, Scott Free. Just those types of things, they can completely change the course of the game. You can control the entire first happ and then at the very end they get one of those plays, get some new life. Next thing, you know, they come out the second half, they do it again, and then you know the floogates just open. So it's just one of those things is I discipline, whether you're the safety the corner, you know, biting on you know, like a bubble and go or you know stuff like that. Just I discipline is very important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that makes sense. And you've seen the plane before. You just weren't prepared for it because you didn't see it on tape, but you know it could very well happen.
Speaker 11: Well, you know a lot of those teams that do you know, the an RPO, the run pass option. A lot of the times they'll do those bubbling goes, but they do the bubble or they'll hand it off. You know, they'll do it ten, eleven, twelve times, and then they'll keech you. They'll catch you slipping that very last one. Yeah, and then boom it goes for fifty yards right right, right, So let's try to be here and just do your job.
Speaker 2: Last question, last question, Jay, and I im probably you when you're on Fridays. Talked about the first four games. If they went to and two, okay, if they went three and one, okay, very nice. But now the rest of the season is what will determine how good Arizona's going to be. Right, So, because you figured they could win a lot of these games. What are your thoughts now?
Speaker 11: So everybody you know that I listened to on the radio, watch on YouTube, that I talked to, you know, outside of the media, everybody said, hey, listen, that third and fourth game where we go to Kansas State and go to Utah, that's going to be the most pivotal part of the season. And everyone that I talked to, everyone was okay with going one and one, and everyone wanted that one that we ended up winning to be the conference game at Utah. So the fact that we went ahead and did that and everyone thought that the sky was falling out to the Kansas State game.
Speaker 12: The fact that they were able to regroup and we're back at that spot that we were all talking about, you know, I have nothing but high hope. The only other thing I'm going to say is I'm glad that you know, guys like Patterson, Kem Burnett, Hi Rassino, you know Tom Lely. That offensive line looked very stout. Again, some of these guys are stepping up on that offense. While on that offensive line, I need those guys to continue to get better because again, the defense in two of the four games is looked stout. The offense has only look stout in one of those four games. Yes, we put up twenty three on Utah, but if you have a couple of the slip ups that you had against Kansas State, we would have lost. So again, the defense, you can continue doing what it's doing. Offense, keep getting better, keep spreading the ball when you need McMillan, you know, the most they'll end up showing up. But if they're gonna double, they're gonna cloud them. If they're gonna you know, they're just gonna blanket in the whole game. Those other guys need to step up. That's what's gonna be.
Speaker 2: The big key. Yeah, okay, thanks Jake, appreciate you have a good weekend. Enjoy the game.
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely, tell them about.
Speaker 3: My business too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, go ahead, you do it, You do it all right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, guys, open the romans around the corner. You don't have to wait to get coverage. You can have it now. Saved money, save the headache. Call our Texas at five to two oh eight, five oh six, eight sixty six for a free quote.
Speaker 3: Example, this week, we had a family.
Speaker 12: Of eight paying thirty four hundred dollars a month they went through the exchange or as you know, healthcare dot go. We got the premiums down to fifteen hundred a month including dental envisions. So again you want to free quote, save money, save a headaches, call up attacks to five two eight five, oh.
Speaker 2: Bick date, You're going to be busy. Thank you man, thk you next week. Thank you? All right, Jae Fisher, let's go a little bit over now we're going to get Ja, get Jay on the phone. See what magic he has this week. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludelsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 13: Hi, this is former wild get lemanhanally with Arizona Health, imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, in your attacking. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal.
Speaker 2: Space in your life.
Speaker 13: We off a complete line of cardio machines, gems and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you out with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our share room today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lean to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 14: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial laid available, it's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot Edu. Slash Someday, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tucson, Steve verra Heir, and I've got a tip for you want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bend or leaking roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score on your insurance with the US State Agency. You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen Loe Campbell or call him at flatty zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 15: Ladies, have you ever dreamed of playing the main event at the World Poker Tour. The Royal Rebels is a ladies only poker league and we are looking for new players to join us this fall. We have a new poker season starting October three. We will be playing seven games online and the winner will represent us in Vegas at the World Poker Tour. This main event seat is worth ten four hundred dollars. For more information and to register, go to www dot Royal Rebelspoker dot com.
Speaker 4: Streamy live on the iHeartRadio WAP. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to our on the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera in with me today is one and now I think we on the f on we have Jay? Are you there?
Speaker 3: Actually do I'm here?
Speaker 2: Okay? What does the blind squirrel have this week for us?
Speaker 12: You know what?
Speaker 3: I just blind squirrel has been seeing a lot the last couple of weeks. But we got ten points in the eleven points in the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got eleven. I got ten.
Speaker 3: I think I don't think I got eleven points last season till like week twelve.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't. I was looking at the standings and I'm doing well, you're doing really well. I can't remember the last time you did this well this early.
Speaker 3: It's been a while. Yeah, it's been a while. It's been a really long time. I can't remember either. Well, you know when I got that perfect week last week? My wife asked me, when did you get When was your last for today?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Two, three years ago. It was twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Time flies, Time flies when you're up A continues, right, but good good to you exactly. In looking at this week's games, I'm thinking they're kind of tough, kind of tough.
Speaker 3: Well, there's nothing. There's no games that there's nothing say out like the Georgia Alabama game last year, the last week, or the games you got coming up next week. It's just kind of a bunch of whole hum games. It's like, you know, do you take a team that's been hot and you know, are they going to lay back a little bit and those kinds of things. It wasn't There was only one game that I said that I said last week, I'm taking this week, and that's so I kind of went into it with really not knowing what I was going to do this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I hate you because you picked the Pittsburgh Dallas game, and in my real world I would never touch that game.
Speaker 3: Ever, I did it for you, Steve. Honestly, that wasn't my choice. I didn't know, you know, but there really wasn't. Look, the only other option was was to take a college game and take that Michigan uh uh uh right, Yeah, but I didn't, you know, I thought, now, you know, there's some great college games coming up in the next two three weeks, so I thought would go pro one more time. And then we got a bunch of college games. Uh that that are going to be great starting next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so let's get at it. Let's get at it. You're you're you have honors again this week? All right?
Speaker 3: So one the one that I jumped on and that I'm locking because everything is going against these guys. I talked to somebody from UCLA who said, they absolutely fuck and they're gonna go play Penn State at Penn State, flying across the country. The game is gonna be at nine am their time. I remember a team that we were very fond of that tried to do that with Penn State a number of years ago and it didn't go well. I'm taking Penn State given the twenty seven and a half to UCLA, and I'm gonna lock that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot of points. In fact, we Jhanna and I were talking about legacy coaches and Foster played at UCLA, Right, It's gonna be probably easy to fire him, but it's tough to fire people that you that have played there and to have a history at your own school. Yeah, and he's what well again four games in.
Speaker 3: Shawn Fox, Yeah, I mean de Shaun Foss was kind of like they hired him because nobody wanted.
Speaker 2: The job, right, even the head coach didn't want the job. That's why he left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the head coach went and became an offensive.
Speaker 2: Coordinator, right right. I don't want this stuff anymore. Get me out of here, almost celebrity, Get me off this island. Yes, okay, So so you went with your your lock right away, I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna go with my lock right away. Then I guess I'm gonna go with Oregon State minus eleven over Colorado State.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm not confident in this, but I like to pick, so you know whatever that means.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, you know, I don't know what to make of Oregon State, it right, you know, are they motivated by you know, the whole thing that happened with the PAC twelve They you know, they went up again, They went and play at Oregon got the living crap feat out of them. I don't know what to make of them, And I don't know what to make of Oregon. You know, Oregon, you know, they're giving up a bunch of points and they didn't cover last week, so I don't I don't really know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm taking them at they're at home. Colorado State didn't show much earlier, so I'm that's my hope.
Speaker 3: Okay, my next one is one of those games that you're going to say that I overanalyzed it and overthought it. But I've been itching to take one of these guys. Army and Navy are a combined eight and oh. I think I think it's eight and oh against the spread. It's a crazy number.
Speaker 2: Uh, let me see.
Speaker 3: Army is three. I take my Armies three and oh and Navy is I believe four and oh against the spread. No, they're both three enough.
Speaker 2: Air Force is always.
Speaker 3: Three against the spread. Navy is playing air Force. I'm taking Navy. You know, there's a there's already there's already kind of tongue and she kind of talk that the Army Navy game could at the end of the year, could decide a football playoff spot. I don't we not. We know that's not gonna happen. But both of those teams are not have been winning, they've been buzz signing people. And so I'm gonna take Navy minus to ten against the air Force.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we'll see about that one. I'm taking Louisville minus seven. Uh, and now that I took my screen off, I'm taking I can't remember who they're playing, but.
Speaker 3: Let's see I saw that one because.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah s m U, s m U.
Speaker 3: Louis's giving seven to s m U.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, don't change your mind. Don't change your mind.
Speaker 3: I'm not going I'm not touching that. I seem he's pretty good though. I'm like, okay, go ahead, you take that.
Speaker 2: Well, you might win another week then then the hell's gonna freeze over, so at least we'll get it cold and tess.
Speaker 3: Right, at least be cool for the next one game. All right, my third college game? How could you not be impressed by Alabama and now what they did last week? Anything that can put up a forty on Georgia can put up sixty on Vanderbilt. They're giving twenty two to Vanderbilts at Vanderbilt. But I don't think that really matters. I think I think Alabama, with what they did last week, as its site said on you know, the National Championship, I don't think they're going to slack for any of these games, and I think I want to take them. I want to get on that bandwagon a little bit giving the twenty two to Vanderbilt.
Speaker 2: By the way, the bandwagon last week sucked.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, because you got on it. Okay, you got on it, and I'm mad at you for that. Okay, you sat there, you were thumbing a ride. The Texas Bandwagon stopped for you. You got on it, and we immediately went into the ditch. I'm really really unhappy with you on that.
Speaker 2: I used to do that more often, just to hear you do that, Jordan.
Speaker 3: They were never going to cover that game soever.
Speaker 2: One did I sound like that when he was jumping on my teams, like, you know, oh God, God, get off me already. I can't breathe. I can't breathe.
Speaker 3: You we were we were crewinging along. We were doing like ninety five in the sixty five. Nobody was bothering us. We were hauling ass. And then Steve got on the damn bandwagon and we and we wreck.
Speaker 2: I was a hitshiker. I showed my legs and.
Speaker 3: They looked, so, you know we we should have just gone by and clipped you and knocked you into the let.
Speaker 2: You I would have been fired. I did well last week, exceiver, Damn Texas City so right behind you. Okay, so Louisville, now you went with Alabama, right, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with a team that Alabama beat Georgia. I still believe in Georgia minus twenty four, and I think that they're just as good as Alabama. He just ran ran out of gas. They didn't run out of the gas ran they ran out of clock.
Speaker 3: They ran out of clock right that the clock ran out and they had they didn't you know, they didn't get get you know, I mean, although they did get over there, you know, I mean, I see, you know, we had an event to go to you last Saturday night and the game was on and it was twenty one to nothing when we left the house. By the time it got to the place we were going to, it was twenty eighth and nothing. Now I'm like, what the hell is going on? And then I'm at this I'm at this party, and I turned you know, I had the Arizona game on my phone and then I see the score and I'm like, wait a minute, George is winning. I couldn't believe.
Speaker 2: I was stunned, right, No, No, it was a great.
Speaker 3: Game, because that was I wish I really wish I could have sat down or been, you know, in front of a TV to watch that game.
Speaker 2: So that was unbelievable. So before we go to our next and we have time enough time, so the game starts at eight, what time do you start breaking the the the tailgate down? It's your place.
Speaker 3: What time we break it down? Yeah, we'll probably break it down around seven seven, maybe seven to fifteen.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, because because we were having a show at five to six, I might have time to go visit noyes By.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll break it down at at probably seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Okay, so save save a pizza.
Speaker 3: That yeah, yeah, there'll be some wings. We got so many chimneys. My brother's chilling, which is it'll.
Speaker 2: Make you sweat.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, so you got Georgia minus twenty four against Auburn. I'm so bad. I so bad. Want to take the Vikings in this spot, the giving too, and after the Jets, I just can't get behind San Donald. Like I was so mad at the Jets last week too because they were so awful. But you know, I don't know, it's a London game. Just there's so many variables that come into that game. So I just thought, you know what, I'm gonna lay.
Speaker 11: Off of that.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go to the reliable and I'm gonna go take the forty nine ers to give me seven to the Cardinals who just got their bus whacked last week at home. I think this is where the Cardinals start to go into the toy after the beating they took it home because they thought they were all that, you know, winning the week before. I think forty nine is going to beat them up. And it's only seven in San Francisco. So I'm taking that.
Speaker 2: So now I have to have a little bitch because of while the gin joints you had to pick from, you picked San Francisco. So guess who I picked San Francisco. Now you get off, you put your chocolate in my peanut butter, Get the hell out.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, this is as much a bet against the.
Speaker 2: Cardinals pretty much. Yeah, yeah, no, I agree with you. Not that they're starting to go into the tank. They already in the tank.
Speaker 3: There's a bad Yeah, they're just so bad.
Speaker 2: They're just you know, God, and.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean everything. You know, they win a game and you think, okay, this is it. You know, Caler Murray looked great a little bit and then boom. I mean that was that was a terrible, terrible game you played last week at you know, again at home, right at home. You get beat the way they got beat by by I'm trying to remember who is it that beat the hell all the Commanders two to fourteen? How do you lose? How do you lose to those guys like.
Speaker 2: That Jid and Daniels and Daniels and Daniel.
Speaker 3: You know, as much as I hate to say this, man, he's really damn good. Yeah, he is really good. I still don't think he should have won the Heisman, but he is really good. Yeah, okay, all right, we both got to pick the Steelers Cowboys old school rivalry. Neither of these teams is great. The Cowboys, in fact, I think are bad. I think the Steelers are better. And they're at home. Uh, and it's you know, it's one of those Sunday night games and it's only two and a half. I love that it's under three points because basically whoever wins the game, and I think the Steelers are going to win this game. So I've got the Steelers minus the two and a half.
Speaker 2: So I did the same thing. I kind of thought the same way. I think the Cowboys are a better team, but they're on the road, and I don't know if that puzzle is going to be solved that you know, Ruberts Q is gonna be solved with Dallas, and I think Jerry Jones is still the owner, right, that's the problem. That's been a problem for twenty seven years, So that's not solvable. I think Pittsburgh there is I'd rather go watch Pink Dry than this game. But yeah, here it is, here, it is.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'll be watching baseball playoffs because that's that's right right.
Speaker 2: So wait, now we gotta get.
Speaker 3: Honestly, if this if this Cowboy, if this game was in Dallas, I'd probably take a Cowboys. Yeah, I'm taking the home.
Speaker 2: Right right, right right, I'll get you. It could be twenty to seventeen. It could be very Glowe scoring. Now we have one one didn't win last week.
Speaker 1: So real quick because we're run out of time here, Uh Missouri Texas and am two top twenty five teams. Uh A M at home if I think they found their quarterback, I give me a and M at home Missouri, which is spread think Gaming two and a half two.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good that's a good pick. I like that pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that can't be a good pick.
Speaker 2: Give me that.
Speaker 3: I like that Florida pick from several weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, we gotta go Jay next week. I'll see you guys, see you next Thursday.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, we'll see it.
Speaker 2: How much have we got to listen? A minute? We're done. Okay, let's go.