Speaker 1: On Lieutenant General Kellogg. I mean he I don't think we should be taking any directions from Russia on who we're going to send to this He has extraordinarily long history and in national security obviously retired three star, but also Vice President's National Security Advisor in the first Trump administration. So he is incredibly knowledgeable, I think, fully respected by the Ukrainians, which matters. And you know the fact that he might be a bit pro Ukrainian Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, yeah, exactly. How is that a big deal?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? I mean you remember at one time the National Security Advisor, national Security Advisor was his biggest criticism is we weren't given Ukraine enough fast enough. Yeah. Right, So I think the history of most of our people in national security and Rubio as well, a secretary of Ruvio, they're all pro Ukrainian. I mean it's our partner, you know, so they and as soon as we start bowing to their demands, then all they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Do is make demands, right, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: It's it's you know, we should just not even acknowledge. It's like, yeah, we're gonna send our team. This is our team. We don't need, We didn't tell you who you just said.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Hey, everybody, welcome to another episode of Eyes on mc mulroy. Of course myself, Dmitri, Thank God mix here because I couldn't do this by myself. Uh Andy Milberg, Jason Lyons are, They're here. We love them and we miss them. Lock Cooking Today. Over the last you know, week or so, there's been quite a bunch of news. First and foremost, what's going on with Ukraine. The US and Ukrainians met in Saudi Arabia a few days ago, came up with a ceasefire plan for thirty days, and it seems like the Russians have rejected and kind of slipped in their own cease fire deal or what looks like a ceasefire deal not exactly something that is shocking to most people that they wouldn't go for it.
Speaker 1: Mick, what are you thinking?
Speaker 2: Also a big point in that was Kellogg got kind of put on the back burner. I guess Russians didn't like him being involved.
Speaker 1: So just that was just my yess. Yeah, I'll have to discuss their day, but I'll start with happy almost Saint Patrick's day to America and Irish around the world. Obviously, but had to point that out. I am I have my contribution to ready to go to green spot. I don't how many investments in this, but I I recommend it you haven't had a green spot. And fun fact for in honor of our national security bend of our podcast in the Irish Irish are about nine percent of the US population Irish Americans. That is how many what percentage do you think of Medal of Honors d were awarded to Irish Americans. I'm going to say nine percent. Remember they're only nine percent of the population.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say for.
Speaker 1: Fifty eight percent? Oh wow, almost sixty percent. And I think if they updated it, I think it would be over sixty percent. You guys can check me out. But that's your Irish propaganda for today. I got a lot of it. So to your question on Ukraine, obviously, several big things. I think it's important to point out it's good that we are now what appears to be on the same sheet with Ukraine. Need to recognize that it was a little mess of getting there, but you know, it is what it is, and this is a US proposed ceasefire. So I think that is what we need. The US to focus on is that now this is the US wanting a seafire, and there has to be not just you know, everybody has to compromise as supposed in any negotiation, but there needs to be consequences to Russia if they don't agree to the ceasefire. And there's reports now and although it's like it's a secret, but that as an FSB report, apparently that's been reported that their plan is to essentially continue to fight, make completely unrealistic requests of the ceasefire, and basically play US. They think they're you know, in the Curse region, they are taking back territory early, they're mobilizing to go in the Sumi region of Ukraine. They think that they're partly because of the disruption and aid and intelligence, but partly just because this is a war of attrition and Russia has four times the amount of troops that Ukraine has, So the longer this goes on, the more territory they'll take. I think that's a big concern is that they don't see any value from a military perspective of a ceasefire right now because they believe they're on the front foot. So I think the way the US and Europe as supporters of Ukraine to start looking is what can we do to make that turn right, to give Ukraine an advantage that can start potentially taking territory back from Russia or whole territory they currently have, and that rhymes with increased security assistance, right, That's what they need to do. We need to do, and we don't have to have a press conference about it. We don't have to you know, leak our deliberations on it. We just need to do it, I think, and that is what Russia will understand that we're doing that and so not just turn back on what we had, but actually increase it and potentially, if that doesn't work to get them into the ceasefire negotiations, then the releasing of Russian assets that are frozen in Europe three hundred and twenty five billion, it's my understand that's another point moving. I mean, obviously Europe is been awoken, which is a good thing, and I think President Trump would take some credit for that. They're building out their military, They're spending more on their own national offense than they have potentially some of these countries. Ever, so that's going to keep increasing, which Russia doesn't want to see and that's too bad. You know, they shouldn't be invading countries in Europe. They didn't want to see that. So I think that's what the US needs to do to really leverage our inn sanctions. Of course, sanctions can be increased, you know for talking to some economics, except and and you know what and when when Russia says we don't like European forces to be there after the ceasefire, we need to hold the line on that because that is what that's the security guarantee sure for you for Ukraine, Right, that's it. If not, then it's if if Russia doesn't want them there, then that's basically telegraphing to us if they intend to yet again rate the ceasefire. Yeah right, that's why they don't want them there, because why would it matter if they if they would, they are fighting with stop so uh in Europe, Europe doesn't need to have permission from Russia to send European forces to European countries. So I think we need to hold the line on that. The last part that I UH to your question, the send to this he has extraordinarily long history and UH in national security obviously you turned three star but also Vice President's national Security advisor in the first administration. So he is incredibly knowledgeable, I think, fully respected by the Ukrainians, which matters, and uh, you know the fact that he might be a bit pro Ukrainian Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, exactly. How is that a big deal?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? I mean you remember one time the national security advisor, our national security advisor was his biggest criticism is we weren't given Ukraine enough fast enough. Yeah. Right, So I think the history of most of our people in national security and Rubio as well, a Secretary of Review, they're all pro Ukrainian. I mean, it's our partner, you know. So, and as soon as we start bowing to their demands, then all they're going to do is make demands, right, Yeah, you know it's it's you know, we should just not even acknowledge it. It's like, yeah, we're going to send our team. This is our team. We don't need. We didn't tell you who to send, and it's just fasted and yes, Europe, Europe is going to send in peace Keeper. If you're not for that, that just tells us you're essentially already planning to violate the whatever agreement we could get to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was interesting. I saw one of the clips from like the Russian State TV or whatever where it's like it's like their nightly show where they're like, you know, hardcore propagandists and they're like, this is a mistake because Europe's arming up right, Like Europe's you know, start stepping up on their own, you know, Poland is not. I feel like it's not to be fucked with. Like they're down to bump their military spending, maybe go nuclear right or at least kick that kick the tires on that, which I can't say I blame them really if i'm if I'm Poland, Like, what's the one thing that'll keep people off your back? And that's unfortunately nuclear weapons right, Like that'll completely, you know, more than likely avoid an invasion.
Speaker 1: Well, if they don't consider the US to be a secure ally in NATO, I mean I don't. I mean nukes you need, but they are vastly outnumbered by the Soviet's like five thousand, five hundred and all the countries of my knowledge are in the without the US have nuclear weapons. UK and France. Yeah, so France is talking about expanding their umbrella potentially put it in I think Poland, to your point, they requested nukes in their territory, but they're also probably gonna in Germany. I mean, yeah, there's going to be countries that acquire their own and they're probably there might be a nuclear arm trace here. I mean, they might want to be on par with the you know, the Russian threat. So yeah, they for whatever is, don't feel they can rely on us. So that means they're going to literally five thousand additional nuclear weapons.
Speaker 2: Just I mean listen, if you're Germany or Poland, right, like, sure, it'd be great if France extended out the nuclear umbrella, maybe place some nukes in their in their country, but who's got command and control of those?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So if I'm a country like Poland, it's more like if I want to guarantee completely guarantee my security, It's like I want my own arsenal, even if it's a deterring one whatever, a couple hundred you know, one hundred and fifty nukes or whatever it is, you know, Yeah, and it won't.
Speaker 1: Won't be difficult for these countries to develop it. I mean it was some of the most technologically sophisticated countries on the planet. It wasn't it wasn't a lack of either funds or knowledge. It was just a belief that you know, collectively, Yeah, you know, especially with the US, we had them covered when it came to nuclear weapons, and that's just they don't believe that anymore. And there and it's not just nukes they're talking. I mean Poland's doubling the size of their military doubling. Yeah, Germany spending I think was five hundred billion next year. They're completely and they're completely revamping their industrial military industrial base. They don't want to be relying on the US anymore, so they're going to you can see you every you know, every day there's another cancelation of F thirty five.
Speaker 2: So I saw that. I think was it Portugal that canceled one?
Speaker 1: Portugal and Canada European country, and Canada just canceled there thirty five. So it's going to have a pretty big consequences to you know, we promote US defense interest here around the world. We the US government, Yeah, partly because you know, it's the US, it's US jobs, but also because it's in our own interest national security interests, to have our partners compatible with US using our equipment right right, but for reasons both because of their concern about our you know, alliance with NATO and our but also some of the things they saw happening in Ukraine when they started shutting down stuff that's going to have a big effect on the future of US dominance in this this area.
Speaker 2: One more thing about that. I've seen a couple of places over the last week or so where the reason why the US is pulling away from Europe and the UK and Ukraine's pecifically and NATO is because they're doing a hard pivot to the Pacific to China. And I'm kind of having a hard time really like squaring that circle a little bit, because like, there's no way we're not able to do both right where we were. Our main focus obviously is going to be on China. They're the next, you know, strongest economy in military and a Taiwan issue. But we can't do both.
Speaker 1: I mean exactly. That's like the biggest false argument in DC. It's always like an either or right, Like, we can't there's there's a war, a raging war in the Middle East, there's a raging war in Europe, and we're going to say that we're only going to focus on the Indo Pacific. I mean that would be uh, you know, not in our interest, but it politely and the more we show a weakness when it comes to NATO, which is maybe there's there's certainly some complaints with our partners in them, sure, but it is the best military alliance in history. I mean, I won the Cold War and you know it actually activated to help us after nine to eleven. If we show a weakness to that, what do you think China is going to think? Yeah, you know, what about our partners in the Pacific. You know, we have treaty allies out there in Japan, for example, South Korea, I think the Philippines. It just it sends the wrong message. I mean a strong NATO, especially at the end of this is going to be even stronger, right because we have energized the Europeans, and I do think that's a good thing. That that would make it less likely, in my opinion, that China would look to do anything toward Taiwan, whether it's a blockade or a you know, an actual invasion.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, it's Jack. I just want to talk to you for a moment about how you can support the show. If you've been watching it enjoying it, but you'd like to get a little bit more involved and help us continue to do this, you can check out our Patreon. It is patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse, and for five dollars a month you can get access to all of these episodes of The Teamhouse ad free. The same goes with our affiliated podcast, eyes On with Andy Milburn, Jason Lyons mcmulroy that one, you will also get all of those episodes ad free, and you support the channel and the show, and we really appreciate it. The Patreon members are literally what has helped this company, this small business survive, especially during our early years, and you are what continues to help this thing going even as we navigate the turbulent world of YouTube advertising. So we really appreciate all of you guys. There's going to be a link down in the description to that Patreon page, and there is also going to be a link to our new merch shop, so if you guys want to go and get some Teamhouse merchandise, we got stickers and we also have patches, and I should mention if you sign up for Patreon at ten dollars a month, we will mail you this patch as well, so we really appreciate that. But they're also for sale on the merch shop and additionally, they got t shirts up there, water bottles, a tote bag, coffee mugs, all that good stuff. So please go and check them out and support the show. We really appreciate it, guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you, And like if we show that we're like staunch allies with our actual allies and we're willing to invest and whether it's tech or anything else and everything from intelligence to hardware. Yeah, China's gonna balk at a full scale invasion of Taiwan. It just is like, right now they see what's going on. If I'm China, I'm like, maybe we can get it going by twenty twenty seven, because I have a feeling that the US won't respond, and if they do, it might be economically, but it won't be kinetically.
Speaker 1: Right, and we're not and we're we haven't been clear. I mean there's this thing called strategic ambiguity. When it comes to Taiwan. I don't really tell them what we're going to do. We have a law that requires us to support them, but not direct military. You know, I think you could make the argument we should be strategically clear and say we are going to or why not. We just don't make the decision at the time, and it will be a difficult decision to try to convince Americans that you know that we're going to go to war with China to save Taiwan. I think that would be tough. But yeah, But one of the ways to prevent it from even being an issue for us to have to decide is to show great strength in NATO and to build up our partnerships and alliances and to have some version of an Indo Pacific NATO. Yeah, right, I think we could. We could do that, and it would be to our benefit because oftentimes alliances military alliances lead to trade, uh and economic benefits. I mean it's tied completely, which is another reason why we got, I guess get a little concerned about who we're picking place with economically. Sure.
Speaker 2: Also another bit I saw about like kind of like our allies moving away from American hardware. I mean, this has been a long back and forth with Turkey, Like Turkey hat was going to get the F thirty five, but they both asked four hundred and we didn't. We kicked them. We stopped that purchase. But Turkey hit up the UK Ministry of Defense about purchasing forty Eurofighters typhoons.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So also I understand why they are a little apprehensive all the rest of Europe, Like there was talk about a F thirty five kill switch and stuff like that, where it's like, yeah, we to make sure we're secure. We need to make you know, we need to be able to trust our allies, historical allies, right, eighty ninety year allies.
Speaker 1: It just yeah, yeah, they have to consider we certainly would I mean how I switched to I mean one of our closest allies that was Japan. Yeah, so I mean you don't know, I mean I would hope that we maintain our allies and they don't become adversaries. But from any country's perspective, you want to have ultimate control of your strategic weapon systems at all your weapon systems, but certainly the big ones.
Speaker 2: For sure. I'm trying anything else on this Ukraine to cease fire and the you know what happens next, maybe a little bit of like some speculation at least.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I think the way to force Russia to really come to the table and into an agreement is to make it in their advantage, for their advantage, right, in the sense that we have to start taking stronger measures. We have to start giving Ukraine, as many said in the last administration, the ability to win, not to survive. Yeah, and that means leaving the restrictions or cutting the restrictions on our weapon systems and how far they can fight into or be used into Russia and just start giving the more material period. That's you know, again, you don't have to rub at anybody's face. It doesn't service a purpose to do that. Just do it. And then you know, as they start realizing that they're not going to win, it comes to a complete standstill, then they'll come to the table. And then when they do, we need to just ignore the ridiculous over the top because that's how everything is maximized. On theirs. They'll last for maximum amounts of concessions and they'll try to turn us against each other. So we just need to know that's the playbook and just not fall into it.
Speaker 2: They've been doing a decent job of it. I'm not going to lie to you over the last month or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they think right now everything's going in the direction their direction, which yeah, I don't think they're ready to come to the table.
Speaker 2: Also, does Russia really think that Ukraine, even if they did collapse and they were able to take up more more territory that like the Ukrainian people, that wouldn't be like the craziest insurgency in the hit like ever.
Speaker 1: And that last part again it cut off.
Speaker 2: So if like let's say, let's say US backed up and Russia really made some huge games where they were able to maybe even get to Kiev again, right like the early days in the war, you don't like they're not thinking of like the insane insurgency that would happen afterwards, and what would like what that would be like to be fighting street to street urban warfare?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, they don't want to come in and clay my room. Yeah, I mean the idea. I mean, let's look how tenacious the Ukrainians have been so far, Right, so we most analysts like myself, you know, they're like three days, three weeks, three days, and you know in February twenty second when they cross the line, now we're we're over three years'reun our fourth year and.
Speaker 4: They're taking twenty percent of the train and now they're trying to take back terrain that was the that the Ukrainians actually took in Russia. So let's let's not be so quick to lose faith.
Speaker 1: Not that you are, but what the Ukrainians can do, They've proven they can fight. Yeah, be you know, this is a David Golias type scenario literally, and the idea that you could have a long term occupation in Ukraine without like the worst to your point insurgency. Ever, they got to realize that's just not going to happen, and there could be a point where Europeans actually go in without a seasfire. I mean, that's a plausible scenario, right, Yeah, and just say, okay, well, we're gonna man the line here and you're not going any further, and if you do, you're going to be fighting, you know, European forces that are in NATO. And I mean, whether that be a NATO or situation, I don't know, but it certainly would changed the discussion from the from the Russian perspective.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gosh, man, all right, swinging over segue into another sunny part of the world, Gaza and the extension of Phase one, US Israeli citizen is being released, and there I think they're also releasing a couple of bodies as well, and all the other big one that like.
Speaker 2: Stood out for sure was like there was talk of like relocating Palestinians in African countries. I think Somalia being one, Sudan another one where places where like I don't know if they are influx of refugees is exactly the best thing for countries like that right now, Yeah, what are you tracking with that?
Speaker 1: So the the extension of the first DACE seems to be continuing at least as far as the pause in the fighting, but there does seem to be not all the parts, right. So the other parts of the first phase was increased humanitarian assistance, which has now been essentially cut off to a population that you know, we we do some humanitarian work there, so we tend to know the statistics, but it's essentially one hundred percent, like ninety seven percent of all Palestinians are you know, at risk of starvation. Right, So if you cut off the supplies, eventually the stockpiles at an extent there was much are going to run out. And they cut off electricity to most Gaza, which not only of course affects the ability of hospitals to be hospitals, but also essentially to make clean water that you need power for the desalinization plants. So they're down to no food coming in and not being able to make clean water, which is super critical to any population. So I think the request on the part of the Israelis right now is and you know, there's a lot of legalities with cutting off humanitarian assistance to a civilian population, so you can't use that as a means of warfare, so to speak, exactly that, so they if they can extend it where the hostages are still coming out from the exchange of Palestinians and the humanitarian assistance is better for everybody. So hopefully AMAS does that. They claim to care about the Palestinian people in Gaza. I think there's little evidence to support that they do. But this would be like the basic level, right, do you want to keep releasing hostages for Palestinian prisoners to be really east and for humanitarian assistants to go back to high levels. I think that this should happen. And your other point, yes, the reports that the US has gone to I think with Somalia, Sudan and Somaliland, which is part of Somaliaba would like to be its own country, and asked about whether they would take Palestinians. I can't. I still think it seems to be completely impractical. I mean, how do you forcibly relocate two million people that don't want to? Of course, many of them are armed, so I mean think about how difficult of a military problem that would be, and it would be obviously extraordinarily bloody. And of course the legality is and forcibly relocating the population from our own land and forcing them into a country. Even if one of those countries agreed, like we already know Egypt and Jordan said no, how, no way, it's not going to happen. I don't know obviously that at least in the reports I read, it didn't say anything about, you know, whether they replied positively to that. But if they did, to your other point, d I mean, somebody would have to pay for all. I mean, these are countries that like Sudan's. Actually, if there's one place worse than Sudan, I mean then Gaza. Right now, when it comes to humanitarian crisis, it's Sudan, Right, So taking two million people into a country that's having a very because we worked there as well, a very difficult time feeding its own population would be that would work, but I guess somebody would have to pay the bill, I suppose. And Somalia they're expecting a drought. Just met with the Somalis the other day about ours the stuff we do, and they are expecting a pretty substantial drought with six million people would be at risk food and security. So these are two countries that you know, not only couldn't just absorb it, they can't necessarily deal with their own.
Speaker 2: Make I got a question, right, because you've been in these rooms where strategies talked about this idea of like forcibly, moving two million people to another country. Are they just sitting in a room with a whiteboard and they're like, guys, give me any ideas, any ideas, and let's put it out there and try it, because that's fucking insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's you know, when when the policy process, which I don't know if it's I assume it's still being the same, you have like the deputies, which is right, not that I mean you have different levels the PCB the policy coordination but.
Speaker 2: It starts at a lower level where people get cooking and they talk about things and recommend it to the next level. I can't see this being vetted months and months where they're like, you know what, this is a good idea, Let's kick it up to the deputy assistant and the assistant then whatever you know what I mean like, and then we'll be in the NSC with the principles all talking about it. Like I cannot imagine that's how it went.
Speaker 1: Down, right, But just yeah, it's called a PCC, I think, the Policy Coordination Committee, and I was on that for the Pentagon, right. And the reason why I break it up is that if everybody agrees on that doesn't necessarily have to go up. You know, it doesn't have to go to the deputies or the principles or the felnacy if everybody agrees, and obviously most cases you've already coordinated with your particular secretary, so you're not just a free will in it. But from the DoD perspective, we are always with uniform usually with our uniformed counterpart at the Joint stat Right, So why now they don't propose policy but they are there to keep keep people in the realm of reality. Like, you know, somebody comes up with a great idea to move two million people that don't want to be moved, then the military is going to be asked, like, tell us how this would happen, If it could happen, what would be the concerns we'd have, and et cetera. The agency, the CIA, also plays a similar similar role in that they they will they're there to provide input on the sadness of a policy direction, not to say whether we should do it, but just the consequences, pros and cons if you will, of doing it or not doing it, so that there is there is healthy doses of reality, even to people who might you know, not know you know what they're asking for. Uh, they get that injection with And that's one of the key reasons we have uniform military and the intelligence services in these policy committee meetings because oh, in the intel community obviously up sets the facts. So we're all supposed to be operating on the same bats.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah. I thank god somebody leaked it, I guess to show everybody how stupid it is of an idea they'll even like bring up in any kind of meeting, and at least it got to like the news kind of dovetailing a little bit towards what's happening a little bit here at home in terms of like the revocation of visas for some of the protest students that are protesting Columbia and different universities. The kid, his name was Khalil what was it? I don't remember his last name. Sorry, He got arrested, sent to an ICE detention center in Louisiana. As far as I know, they were trying to charge him with stuff in Louisiana rather than in New York, where Columbia University is where he was detained. His attorneys, it's a bit, it's a shit show. The guy's are green he has a green card, he's a permanent resident. He has a wife wife that are a girlfriend or fiance that's eight months pregnant, who is a citizen. And in America, you should be able to fucking protest something you don't like. That's where I stand. I mean, I don't know what you're thinking, Mick, uh protests not violently, not violently?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, So my understanding is that every person in the country, not just citizens, have rights under the First Amendment. I think it's the Bridges case. A lot of time ago, I was actually a lawyer, so that that gives me any special Uh. I usually want to tell people that because then I just get lawyer jips. But I believe that is the case. There's certain exceptions. Mm hmm. There's certain exceptions even for citizens. Right. You you can't promote miles. Yeah, like it's speech, but I ain't free. Right, you can't sit there and say you could try to tell people they should go and.
Speaker 2: Run, run into a theater, yell fire, that kind of Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of plenty of exceptions. We're not plenty, but there is exceptions. And I think inside the immigration laws that cover this, what the administration is saying is that if it harms US foreign relations, that you can revoke visas. So and I don't know what this young man did, so I'm not I'm not like, if he's just against the Israeli operation in Gaza. Yeah, that obviously any Americans should be able to be for it or against them. It shouldn't just if not, then even with people that are here on visas, you know, you have to agree with the current administration, right, sure. If not, you could under that theory, you could just be launched. The question is whether he was promoting a Moss Hamas is a is a U s U E U U N designated terrorist organization who proved that it is in spades on October seven. So I don't know he was he promoting Hamas, which to me would be promoting uh, obviously a terrorist organization by the facts, or was he just in disagreement with the US policy on you know, O of the twesdate solution, et cetera. If it's if it's promoting a Moss, and I could see attending to what level anybody uh, you know, not being able to do that, but certainly somebody who's a visitor. If it's just a political question, then we're going down up, as they say in the law, slippery slope. Yeah, you know, you disagree with me, so I'm gonna bootschat on the country. Sure, that's going to be highly subjective if that's allowed and it's not actual promotion of a terrorist ideology.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good question. I mean, what constitutes promotion of a terrorist organization? Right? Like he's not I mean, if he's raising money and sending it to hamas things and that nature, like I understand why, Like you can't fucking do that, and there should be consequences to that. I mean, if he's organizing a anti Israel protests and Columbia universities one, I think he's one of the organizers of it, right, right, and whatever their chance might be outside of death to America or death Israel, if it's like a lawful protest, Yeah, I'm really having a hard time wrapping my mind around like being able to snatch him and toss him even if he's not an actual US citizen, a permanent resident with a green card.
Speaker 1: Right, and that there is a provision that allows the Secretary of State to do that, So I guess the legality might be there, But the question is we start down that road, then it's gonna literally people that are in our country at our permission are now expected to be everything they say is has to be consistent with the current administration. I mean, that's not American all. But the question is, was he actually and I don't know that he was.
Speaker 2: I don't know either.
Speaker 1: You know part of it and they think, God, thank you very much, I appreciate it. Have a runderful day. Uh, it was perfectly bad timing, right, What am I gonna do? Season? Super nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was good, she was quiet.
Speaker 1: I have to be America. You can maybe if I get out of the way, you can see the Yeah, money, you see it. Yeah there, it is so cloudy here, Lucy. Yeah, it's it's tough. I guess. I guess they need to really show what he did or did not do, and what he said did not say. I think one of the things that is really concerned people who have seen these protests. I mean, we have a long history of college protests, which is I think a good thing, uh is, but some of them really don't know what the hell they're talking about. You know, when when you've got people like saying, you know, you know LG you know, lesbians for Hamas, it's like, yeah, I mean this is this is one of the that organization is is completely against any form of individual human rights on any right, whether it's First Amendment, freedom of religion, women's rights, obviously gay rights. I mean, you couldn't get a group that's probably further from supporting Western you know, ideas of individual liberties than Hamas right. So it's it's part of it you know, you can always disagree. I mean you always have that between younger people and older people. But some of it's like, come on, I mean, if you're gonna, if you're gonna spend this much time and dedicate your life to something, y'attall really find out what you're talking about, because that's embarrassing. It's embarrassing to see people say stuff like that, Yeah, because they obviously have done no research on that topic.
Speaker 2: If that's if that's and just think about it. Hey, you know, if you're a gay person or you know anything, and you go to Gaza, you think they're cann you know, you think you can find like the gay Pride parade where they do that. No, you know what I mean, Like, it doesn't exist there doesn't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't in Tel Aviv though, just so you know, yeah, it doesn't tel Aviv. Right, So I think that's a whole different, different issue. But I think to your point, the is it really depends on what this young person did or didn't. Yeah, if it's just purely disagreeing with US born policy, which clearly US Americans disagree all the time with each other, I would hope that that would not fall into the category that somebody.
Speaker 2: Could be Yeah, yeah, like you called it, it's a slippery slope. I mean if he's like a facilitator to that level, I get it, right, I get it. You you know, you can't be cannot be screwing around like that. But if you're just some intellectual who's you know, organizing a protest and there happens to be a girl like a lesbians per Hamas or whatever their slogans might be, yeah, I can't. There's like degrees to it, right, It's a spectrum of like yeah, are you or aren't you?
Speaker 1: And there's also the harassment apt you know part of this Jewish student. Yeah, Jewish students should feel like they're under threat at their own college for sure, anywhere in the US. Right, And that that was uh, And I don't Again, I don't know this person did any of that. But that's another reason why I think these colleges and universities are under some much criticism is they're basically allowing the speech they agree with. You know you and I can understand why you wouldn't, but you set a neo Nazi on on Columbia University and see how long they last and their protests and see how long they and you know, obviously not promoting your Nazis. But if you're totally cool with you know, vandalism and taking over buildings and all that with with speech and activity you agree with, you know, it should be content neutral for them too. If it's not, then they're just actively promoting one particular side. But and if they want to do that, then they'll they'll have the consequences when they can see right now, you know, huge amounts of federal fundings getting cut off to a lot of these universe I saw that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it's something to keep an eye on, uh, for sure, for a multitude of reasons. Last bit was we smoked an isis a mere top guy in ISIS. It seems like and this name will allude me till the end of time.
Speaker 1: Media is his terrorist name? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, and uh they're like Sangkam released the footage of it. He was driving along in a in a car and you got smoked by I don't know what, a couple of hell fires maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so a couple of points on him. He was he was essentially in charge of ISIS in Iraq and Syria and the deputy overall worldwide. Right, so big success. You know, according to reports it was done through working with Iraqi intelligence obviously, our intelligency I and our Kurdish partners and the US military, uh is the one that brought the hammer. So hats off to all of them these and they were apparently wearing suicide mess when they got them. Yeah, so they probably had that. You know, some of them do that because they know that one day there could be you know, uh, their door could play off the hinges and you know, uh, some US soldiers could be storming in there. So sometimes they wear those constantly. But hey, good work. The I think the big thing to take away from that is isis is going to keep going. We can't just unilately declare victory or the global war on terrorism. That's not how it works. It's going to keep going. It's it's it's more like you know, the fight against crime. You never see cops like sitting around going, oh, crimes over. Yeah, it's you just got to accept that terrorism is not it's gonna abb and flow, but it's gonna stay as long as the conditions that make it so or the case. And we have to be ready to keep fighting and fight, and I think the Trump administration things they did since coming into office, they've powered down the decision to take these strikes. I think that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: And they've given it to commanders in the field.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, so there's four star command you know, general officers, whether our capitals or generals that are combatant commanders. Right. So, uh, General Carilla is the saidcom commander. I think I think we should be fully confident in him and every other combatant commander's ability to make an assessment based on the policy they've been told by the President and the Secretary of Defense. Yeah right, I think we should trust them to do that, and hopefully that same cases is also for CEI strikes. These these these are they're not a they're not a magic bullet, right, So they're not going to end the war on terrorism. But if there's an eminent threat, the answer is either we send in you know, either military forces Jaysock or my old unit, which puts a lot of people at risk, or we take them out with ammunition that is specifically designed to kill the intended target by nobody around. We've actually done a great job, I think getting to a point where we can do that, and I'm gonna I'm gonna go with the I don't I would don't want to risk the force if I don't have to. Sure, And if you could take these guys off the battle space and we could do it quicker, if the combatant commander or you know, their equivalent at CI's making that determination that I'm for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I can't see how anybody would be against it, to be frank, even my you know pink O Kami asses uh for it too.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Smoke as many isis guy's as gay hands on on a scale of one to ten. How good? How ma of allies and partner force are the Kurds? I know you hate these questions, Well one.
Speaker 1: Ten I am. I spent a lot of time with the Kurdish forces, the pesh Marga in Iraq. Yeah. I was on the team that went in uh way before the war started and helped organize the PESCHEMRGA became essentially the Northern Front, right. The idea is we're going to have a whole US division there. Turkey wouldnt allow it, uh So it was basically just a handful of CI folks like myself and Army special forces, particularly tenth Group. UH set out to retire Lieutenant Colonel Ken Tobo, who was a lieutenant colonel at the dime, he's now a lieutenant general retired and all the Kurds, and I got to tell you, they fought. They fought like freaking warriors, and that's why they're US military and CIA is so fond of the Kurds. Quite frankly, they've their partner you can trust one hundred percent. And Uh, they were the Northern Front, which essentially kept about thirteen Iraqi Suddam, you know, Republican Guard divisions into the north to not you know, fight the US Army and US Marine Corps coming from the south. Well, thank thank thank you Kurds. Uh, and they you know, were outnumbered and and essentially didn't have anything near the level of modern military equipment as the Republican cards, but but not only held them up there, but pushed all the way into Baghdad. So I'm a big fan of the Peshmerga. Obviously have a lot of connections with the Kurds and the SDF. So I think the SDF, particularly with the US military and CIA in Syria, I mean, they've they've they won, they beat. They defeated. Isis right without them, And they're not all Kurds, you know, that's some mot of a misnomer. The leadership is primarily Kurdish to YPG, and they have a lot of Arab soldiers as well, but they that's one of the best programs we've run with the partners period. I mean, we've basically put very few Americans on the ground, predominantly Jaysock, predominantly Jaysock, the army component and the CIA, and they did ninety nine percent of the fighting and we're highly effective. And you know, yes, it's caused issues with our relationship with Turkey, but I think if you talk to most military US military and SAI folks, they have the same opinion that I do when it comes to their quality of a partner, their ability and willingness to fight with us, alongside us and for a very common cause. They are they're pretty you know, all things considered for the region lined. Yeah, with the you know, with the right human rights.
Speaker 2: And they're secular, they're moderate, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yep, they accept other religions. Women are have significant roles in their government and in their military. Yeah. They they've got some really good soldiers female soldiers, and I think there's several books written about so we need to maintain our partnership with them for our own interest and you know, over time it benefits both us and them. And I think that's what any partnership, you know, whether it's strategic global nation states to you know, entities like the SDF or just personal relationships. You know, partnerships are as good as you are both willing to put in the effort.
Speaker 2: Taking that as like a nine point six out of ten, I'll say, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know better partners. So I mean if you said, well, who's better, I mean I don't. Yeah. Again, I'm biased, but I've I've fought alongside many of many of PESCHBURGA and I can definitely attribute them to safe in my you know, my ass many times.
Speaker 2: So I mean, who's the other partner for us?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Like the A n A or the A m P.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a great partner force, and I'm glad you brought that up. So there is an issue right now. The for those that aren't tracking, and I imagine most of our audience does. But you know, when we withdrew, there's this program called the Special Immigrant Pizza so people who work really closely with the US could come to the United States on this special visa exemption and you know, eventually become citizens because I've proven their loyalty to the United States. And of course we turned the damn country over to the Talib, which is enemy that wants to kill them all right, right, so they're not all here, and I don't I don't want to give the wrong numbers, but I was looking it up because I was talking to people about it last week on the Hill.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: There's a lot tens of thousands that are still in the process of doing that, and there's some talk about some new immigration restrictions will cut that off, right, And I think, you know, this isn't shouldn't be a political issue, and it ain't for me because I'd stay out of that stuff. But I would hope that it's particularly the Vets that have been involved in this, do let you know the representatives know that you expect, you know, the United States to honor their pledge to our partners that fought in alongside US in Afghanistan, and that any restrictions to stop them from being given what they were promised should be not happen here. And hopefully that's gonna be heard before if it's actually gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely agree. I mean, he's got these people more than risk their lives. A lot of them lost their lives doing this working with us in Afghanistan, and uh, they're still there, you know, probably under threat every single day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I hope you know they're they're allowed to come here. I hope it's expedited and there's no like roadblocks put up moving forward. That's all I got. You got anything else then you want to? Oh?
Speaker 1: I think we I think we covered.
Speaker 2: Of course there'll be more as we go along. Mick fog Bo tell everybody what you do at fogg will explain it people.
Speaker 1: So we do. We're basically a group that enables humanitarian operations. A lot of us are. That's so we take our skills that we learned in the past life and you know, obviously the mission is different now and the mission's delivering food, for example, the people who are a critical need, and it might be by maritime, might be by air, might be by ground. But that's what we do, and we do and we've been in Gata, We've been in Sudan, we're looking at expanding to Somalia potentially Syria. That's what we do.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can check them out fog Bo. The link will be in the descriptions of fog Bo dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the website.
Speaker 2: I have the link in the description. Check them out and see what they do. Of course Lobo Institute as well, really cool stuff. That link is in the description too. If you want to read any of mixed publications, that link is also in the description to find them on social media as well. All the links will be in the description as well.
Speaker 1: Please So I on one thing that I forgot. So we also run an NGO called in Child Soldiering. I should probably bring that up every week. H It is an edgo that supports both requiring the countries don't use children to fight their wars, but also the rehabilitation of children that were forced to fight. It comes based on a documentary we did on a child Soldier that got made into a bestselling book called All the Glimmering Stars and part of the proceeds of the book goes to support our and GEO and we just issued the third Opoco word. Opoka is the name last name of the the to the man and woman husband wife. We did a documentary on both child soldiers to the delayre Institute. The delayre Institute is a group that had been doing great work. If you remember the movie or book Hotel Rwanda. The Canadian un General that was in the movie is Romeo de Laire and he started this organization and they, I think are one of the most active out there, really doing good work to prevent children from being used as soldiers in to help those that were. And so the third the Pokeo Award that we've issued from and John Soldier is going to the Delays. They're great work. Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna also place I'll put some links in the description for that as well, so check them out all down there if you want to find out more. Guys, I want you to understand some about Mick. He could literally be making three or four times more money doing almost anything else and he's doing the right thing. So that's a little bit about Mick. Just that, FYI, I'm doing all right. All the other links are in the description as well for Andy and Jason. Check them out. Buy some merch if you want package.
Speaker 1: And Irish by the Irish Pub on Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miami.
Speaker 1: Everybody's irish on Monday.
Speaker 2: Patreon dot com. Yeah, you're just forced to. There's no there's no negotiation there. Thanks Mike. This was great. All right bro, See you guys next time.
Speaker 1: Thank you for you next time.