Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Sunday Service, episode seventy six.
Speaker 2: I am your host, josh My Dear.
Speaker 1: If you're know me, I'm a Christian rapper, devoted husband, father, and NOMY veteran. Thank you so much, and I like to always shout out those that commented. Last week on Wednesday Service, we had five comments. Thank you so much, MDMP twenty two, thank you, Jordan again, Jordan rich Meyer, V Wills, thank you, Angela Kelly, thank you, and B thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate you.
Speaker 1: And then let me just shout out those that commented on Sunday Service episode seventy five. We had six comments. We had MDMP twenty two, V Wills, B, thank you. And then Jordan rich Meyer Whiskers White, thank you. He said round two double word woohoo. All right, and Angela Kelly thank you as well. Appreciate you. So hopefully you guys enjoyed those episodes. This is going to be some more of some genealogies of like the twelve Tribes of Israel and part of King David, you know, the Levi which is the priest line, the prec line, stuff like that. So a lot of some interesting stuff coming up, for sure, So I appreciate you guys sticking with me through all these genealogies. I just did a show on it's called Apollo the Original is this podcast. I've been on it about three times now. I did a Young Earth show to talk about, you know, young Earth from a biblical perspective, obviously a little bit of a little bit of a little bit of a location of Hell as well. Shield I believe it's in the Earth. So I'll be letting you guys know where you guys can find that video when it comes out. He has a YouTube, so it'll be he has about one hundred thousand subscribers now, so it's a pretty big show. So praise God for allowing me to be on these bigger shows. So his podcast is if you look up Apollo the Original, that's what it is on YouTube, so you'll see me on there. I've done biblical cosmology, I've done Genesis six, Nepheline, I've done a show on high school and college secret societies, and also now I've done a show on there a Young Earth creation. So I just go verse by verse through the Bible of why I believe the Earth is young a little bit of scientific proof as well, but not so much kind of stick to the word of God, you know.
Speaker 2: And it was a really good show.
Speaker 1: I had a good time with him, and it's my fourth show with him, and I drive all the way down to LA and do like a live show, so you'll see me live there, and that way you guys can see my face and see what I look like if you guys are used to seeing me on audio, so obviously those when this is on my YouTube in my channel, this will be long gone. This will be like a while since before I put this out on my show, you know. But when you guys do hear it, maybe you guys can hop and check that out as well, you know. But thank you guys so much again for always tuning in. Use me. Let me just go ahead and share my screen real quick, all right, perfect, So there we go. So we are on First Chronicles chapter four. We'll start out going over the family of Judah. Okay, so let me jump to my other notes so I can give a quick introduction to First Chronicles chapter four. Let me do that real quick.
Speaker 2: Al right, here we go.
Speaker 1: We are there, So First Chronicles four delves deeper into the genealogies of the tribes of Judah and Simeon, displaying a vivid picture of Israel's lineage. This chapter also introduces us to the memorable character Jabe Jabez, whose earnest prayer to God stands as a testament to the power of faith and fervent requests to the Almighty. All right, so let me just hop to my teaching points here so I know where I'm at, and then I'll also hop to my other notes and hopefully you guys have been having a blessed week. You know, I'm trying to set up some interviews with people. Now. It's kind of hard to do both, but you know, I'm just trying to get out there. My Instagram kind of grew like from about twenty seven hundred to five thousand in the last month because of some collaborations Pastor rich Tidwell and this other guy Brett Brett something flattered that. I can't remember his Instagram, but he has been collaborating with me, and both of them have.
Speaker 2: And it's been nice.
Speaker 1: It's ah, let me just go ahead and go to that really quick so I could shout out.
Speaker 2: Him as well.
Speaker 1: So his is Brett fe Bible Jesus if you guys want to follow his page. He has a lot of conspiracy stuff and pastor rich Tidwell as well has been, you know, kind of teaming up and we've been putting out episodes and.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, I gotta have that guy.
Speaker 1: Too, right, Okay, Yeah, So we've been putting out episodes and not putting out episodes, sorry, just putting out collabs on Instagram and it's kind of been spreading to all of our followers and it's kind of assisting my channel, which is which is cool. You know, the more people that are there, the more people get to listen to the Bible studies.
Speaker 2: So that's what I like.
Speaker 1: So let's go ahead and start and get to the real interesting and uh information that we need. Let's go to the Bible. So the family of Judah. The sons of Judah were Perez, has Ron, Karmi, Her and Sho Baal and Rhea, the son of Sabal Begot, Jehaf and Jahaf Begot whom I and Lahad. These were the families of the zol rights. These were the sons of the father of Eatam, Jezreel, Ishma and Idbash, and the name of his sister was Hazel Pony, and Paniel was the father of Godour and Iszi, father of Hushash. These were the sons of her the firstborn of Ephrathan and the father of Bethlehem. And Assure, the father of Takoi, had twelve wives, Helah and Norah, Narah, bore Azam, Ajuzam, Heptor, Timmony, and hash Tie. These were the sons of Narah. The sons of Heilah were Zorath, Zohar, Zohar, and Ethan and Cosby, got A, Nube Zoba, and the families of Ahre Arah Hell the sons of Harum now Jabez, who was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez because saying because I bore him in pain. And Jabez called on God of Israel, saying, Oh, that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that you would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain. So God granted him what he requested. That's pretty awesome. Chalub, the brother of Shuna Begat Mahir, who was the father of Eshton and Eshton Begat Bethrafah beth Rafah Peziah and tint Tahina, the father of Ernash. These were the men of Rakha. Okay, we're going all the way to chapter twenty three or Diverse twenty three. Okay, so actually, you know what, let me stop right there. There's actually some notes I I could do real quick, so we can add some flavor to this.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So the sif the significance of genealogies, genealogies in the Bible, such as those in First Chronicles four underscore then continuity of God's promise through generations. They remind us of God's faithfulness to his covenant people. All right, So let's go ahead and check what it says here. It's probably similar to what they were talking about on the last show on the first very first Chronicles one. But genealogies in the Bible serve as more than historical records. They were integral to the understanding, the understanding the unfolding of God's redemptive plan throughout scripture. These genealogical lists, found in both the Old and New Testaments, provide a framework for tracing the lineage of key Biblical figures and fulfillment of divine promises. Also it's good because if you go back in time, then you can you can find out how long these people lived, and you can find out how old the earth is. Okay, because Adam was created on day six, right, so obviously day one, day two, day three, day four, day five, day six, Adam is born, you get his genealogy, you get exactly how old he was. You get a genealogy from Adam all the way to Jesus. Right, so we know that the earth is six thousand years old round about.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say exactly six thousand give you a date, but according to the Bible.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: And that's why, like in Genesis five, for example, you get a genealogy of Adam to Abraham. Actually you get it from Adam to Noah. And then you also get genealogies in the New Testament from Adam all the way back up to Jesus and Luke. Right. And Adam it actually says that he's the son of God, okay, because he was created directly from God, which is very interesting. So that's why they say Jesus is the second Adam, because Jesus is the son of God. Right, Adam is a son of God. So Jesus is the son of God, right, so he's like the second atom, so he gets born into this world, right, God in the flesh doesn't sin at all, like Adam made that mistake. So it's all about like a redemptive plan. So the whole thing of the whole importance of these genealogies. Besides it's just the redemptive plan and everything that this said here, it's also good because you can go all the way back to Adam and find out how old the earth is, you know, because the earth was created on day three. Adam is created on day six. So it's something that I kind of got into this weekend and it was really really interesting. But it does assist us on if you believe in a six day creation like the Bible says, and man was created on day six, then we can trace back all the way back to Adam all the way to Jesus. So it's very interesting. It's good stuff. And we know exactly how much time obviously when Jesus is on the earth till now, so we can kind of add those together and it comes out roughly about six thousand years, so it's really it's really awesome. Stuff, so we have that, and I don't want to get too much into the other part because I did believe that on my teaching points last time it was there, so I don't want to repeat everything I said there. So let's go ahead and check out if I have any other teaching points before I move on, we could talk about this part. It says, this chapter focuses on the descendants of Judah, the tribe from which King David and ultimately Jesus Christ would come, highlighting the importance of lineage of God's redemptive plan. Well, look a little bit about the tribe of Judah, so we know what we're reading. The tribe of Judah holds a significant place in biblical history and theology, being one of the twelve tribes of Israel. Judah was the fourth son of Jacob and Leah, and his descendants formed the tribe that would become central to the narrative of the Israelites ancestry in early history. Judah was born to Jacob and Leah, as recorded in Genesis twenty nine thirty five, And she conceived again and Boora's son, and she said, this time I will praise the Lord. Therefore she named him Judah. The name Judah means praise, reflecting Leah's gratitude to God. Judah's early life is marked by his involvement in the sale of his brother Joseph into slavery Genesis thirty seven twenty six through twenty seven, an act that would later lead to profound transformation in his character.
Speaker 2: Blessings in prophecy.
Speaker 1: Jacob's blessing over Judah and Genesis forty nine eight through twelve is pivotal as it sets the states for Judah's future. Promise Judah, your brother shall praise you. Your hands shall be on the neck of your enemies. Your father's son shall bow down to you. The blessing includes the prophecy of the scepter, not departing from Judah, indicating a royal lineage that would culminate in the Davidic dynasty and ultimately the Messiah. Territory and leadership, the tribe of Judah was allotted a significant portion of land in the southern part of Canaan, as detailed in Joshua fifteen. This territory included Jerusalem, which would later become the political and spiritual center of Israel. The leadership role of Judah is further emphasized during the period of the Judges, where the tribe often took the lead in military campaigns Judges one, Verses one through two. Davidic dynasty, The most notable figure for the Tribe of Judah is King David, who established Jerusalem as the case capital and brought the ark of the Covenant there. David's reign is seen as as the golden age for Israel and God's covenant with David and two Samuel seven twelve through sixteen promised that his descendants would rule forever, a promised Christians belief was fulfilled in Jesus Christ, who is often referred to as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. Revelation five, verse five Exile. In return, the Kingdom of Judah compromised primarily the tribes compromising primarily the tribes of Judah and Benjamin survived longer than the Northern Kingdom of Israel. However, it eventually fell to Babylon in five eighty six BC, leading to the Babylonian Exile. The return from exile, as chronicled in the books of Ezra and Naomiah, saw the re establishment of Judah as a province under Persian rule, with a focus on rebuilding the temple and restoring religious practices Messianic expectations. The tribes' association with the Messiah as a central threem in both Jewish and Christian eschatology. The expectation of a ruler from Judah's line is rooted in the prophecies of Isaiah and Micah, and Christians see their fulfillment in the New Testament accounts of Jesus' genealogy, which traces lineage back to David and Judah Matthew one, verses one through three. Cultural and religious influence throughout history, the tribes of Judah has been synonymous with Jewish identity. The term jew itself is derived from Judah, reflecting the tribe's lasting influence. Judah's legacy is evident in the religious, cultural, and political life of Israel and continuous to be a focal continues to be a focal point in biblical studies and theological discourse. All right, so all right, and then God's responds to prayer that was in verse ten The passest notes in God granted his requests first Chronicles four, Verse ten. This demonstrates God's willingness to respond to sincere and faith filled prayers. And this is kind of just talking about prayer here. Prayer is a fundament aspect of the Christian faith, serving as means by communication between.
Speaker 2: Believers in God.
Speaker 1: The Bible provides numerous examples of teachings how God responds to prayer of his people. This entry explores the nature of God's response to prayer, drawing from various scriptural passages and themes God's attendatives to prayer the Biblical. The Bible assures believers that God is attentive to their prayers. In one Peter three, verse twelve, it is written for the eyes of the Lord or on the righteous, and his ears are inclined to their prayer. This verse emphasizes that God is not distant or indifferent, but actively listens to the prayers of those who seek Him with the righteous heart. Conditions of answered prayer. Scripture outlines certain conditions under which God responds to prayer. Faith is a crucial element, as seen in James one verses six through seven. But like him asking faith without doubting, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea blown and tossed to the wind. That man sh should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Additionally, prayers should align with God's will, as one John five fourteen states, and this is the confidence that we have before him, if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us God's timing and wisdom God responds to prayer. God's response to prayers often characterized by his perfect timing and wisdom. Ecclesiastes three, verse eleven reminds believers that he has made everything beautiful in his time. While humans may desire immediate answers, God's timing is always purposeful and aligned with his greater plan. Isaiah fifty five, verses eight through nine further illustrates this, stating, from my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Different forms of response. God's response to prayer can take various forms. Sometimes he grants the specific requests, as seen in the account out of Hannah in First Samuel one twenty seven, where she testifies, I prayed for this boy, and since the Lord Yahweh has granted me what I have asked him. At this time, God may provide strength in peace rather than at other times. God may provide strength and peace rather than a direct answer, as described in Philippians four, verses six through seven. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds. In Christ Jesus, the role of persistence. Persistence in prayer is encouraged throughout scripture. Jesus teaches this principle, and the parable of the Persistent Widow. Luke eighteen one through eight emphasizes the importance of continual prayer and not losing heart. Similarly, in Matthew seven, verse seven, Jesus instructs, ask and it will be given to you. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be open to you. The impact of sin sin can hinder God's response to prayer. Isaiah fifty nine one through two warrens, surely the arm of the Lord Yahweh is too short to save, nor his ears too dull to hear. But your inquiries, your iniquities, sorry, not inquiries, your iniquities have separated you from your God. Your sins have hidden his face from you, and that he will not hear. Confession and repentance are essential for restoring the relationship with God and.
Speaker 2: Ensuring that prayers are heard.
Speaker 1: Wow Intercessory prayer, or praying on behalf of others, is a powerful aspect aspect of prayer that God honors. James five, verse sixteen encourages believers to confess your sins to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power to prevail. The Bible provides examples of intercessory prayers, such as Moses interceding for the Israelites in Exodus thirty two eleven through fourteen, demonstrating God's willingness to respond to the prayers of his people for others. Conclusion, the Bible presents a comprehensive view of God's response to prayer, highlighting his attentiveness and the attentiveness the conditions were answered prayer, and the various forms his responses may take. Through faith, persistence, and alignment with his will, believers can trust in God's perfect wisdom and timing in answering prayers.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to go over those nice little teaching points in there to add some flavor to these genealogies. Let's go ahead and jump right back into verse thirteen. The sons of Kanas were Atheniel and SARAHI are Sarai. The sons of Atheniel were and Miontai Mianathigh, who begot oprah Uh sarah Yah begot Joe Abb the father of g Hiroshim. For there were craft they were craftsmen. The sons of Caleb, the son of Jeff and i Uh were Iru, Elah and Nam. The son of Elah was Kennas. The son of je Jahaleel were Zif Ziffah Tiriya and as Asrael Asrael. The sons of Ezra were Jeher murad Efer and Jalan and married's wife both Mariam Shamai and Ishbaal, the father of Tomah his wife Jehu Jehu wait. Let me see Jeho Dijai boor Jared the father of Gudoor Heber, the father of s Toma his father.
Speaker 2: Oh I think I read that already.
Speaker 1: Jared the father of Jador Hebert, father of so Ca and Jacathiel, the father of Zonoah. And these were the sons of Bethiah, the daughter of Pharaoh, whom married took. The sons of Hodia's wife, the sister of Nahem, were the fathers of Khali, Khaliah the Garmite and of Estma the Macathite.
Speaker 2: And the sons of shim.
Speaker 1: Shimon were Aimin are Amnon Rena, Ben Hannan, and Tilan. And the sons of Ishi were Zoheith and Ben So'heath. The sons of Sheilah. The sons of Judah were Er the father of Laka Ladah, the father of Marashah Marsha, and the families of the house of Lenen workers of the house of Ashbiah. Also Jokim, the men of chose Ba and joe ash Surapov who ruled in Moab, and josh Shubi and Lahem. Now the records, now the records are ancient. These were the potters who dwell in Natiam and Gidra. They were there, they dwelt with king for his with the King for his work. All right, So that's it. That's it for twenty three. But we have a lot more stuff to go through. So let's go ahead and check out what we just read. First Chronicles four one through twenty three continues the detailed genealogy of the tribe of Judah, highlighting specific descendants, industrial skills, and a notable faithful prayer from Jabaz in verses nine through ten. It emphasizes God's blessing, the importance of being honorable, and the divine granting of requests, standing out among the dry list of names key aspects of First Chronicles four one through twenty three. Verses one through eight continues the line of Judah through Perez and Hesron, listing various descendants and clans. The story of Jabez more honorable. Jabez is noted as a more honorable in verses nine through ten than his brothers, implying greater faith in devotion and character. The name his name meant pain or he causes pain, but he prayed to escape the reputation of sorrow. The prayer he asked God for four things true blessing, expansion of territory, influence on God's abiding presence had with me, and protection from evil. The result, God granted his request, demonstrating that God answers sincere faith based prayers, even reversing unfortunate circumstances, and then in verses eleven through twenty three mentions various family members and specifically highlights their occupations such as craftsmen's, potters, and gardeners. Context the passage is part of the chronicler's effort to re establish the identity and history of the people of Judah after the Babylonian exile, emphasizing God's faithfulness to their lineage. The chapter serves to show that despite a mundane and painful beginning, one can live an honorable life and receive God's blessing through active trust and prayer. All right, So now we're going to go through the family of Simeon. All right, So let's go ahead and do that. I don't really have much teaching points here, but I do have some detailed description of.
Speaker 2: What we're going to read here. So here we go.
Speaker 1: So the family of Simeon. The sons of Simeon or Nimule, Jamine jaib Zarah and Shaul Shalom his son, Mibsham his son, Mishmah his son, and the sons of missh were Helio his son, Zakor his son, and Shimi his son Shimi had sixteen sons and six daughters, but his brothers did not have many children, nor did any of their families multiply as much as the children of Judah. They dwelt in Bersheba, Mouldah, Hazar, Shalou Blah, Azim, Tolad, Bethel, Herma, Ziklag Beth mab Or makhroboth Hazar, Sussim, Beth Brie and At Shahim Shah a Rim. These were the cities until the reign of David, and their villages were edam Ain, Raman, to Chin and Ashan five cities and all the villages that were ground around these cities as far as Bail. These were their dwelling places, and they maintained their genealology. Mesha, Bob, Jack Leck and Josah the son of Amaziah, Joel and Jehu. How come all the names can't be as easy as Joel. It's a Jehu the son of Joshahbiah, the son of Sarayah, the son of Azil, Ellen, note wait Eli, oh Nie, Jacoba, Jess, Shohiah, Usiah, a Deal, jazz, Emil and ben and Ayah are Beniah, Zizi the son of Shippie the son of Alan, the son of uh Jediah, the son of Shimri, the son of Shamaiah. These mentioned by name were leaders in the families in their father's house increased greatly. So they went to the entrance of Godora as far as the east side of the valley to seek pastor for their flocks. And they found rich.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry, it just dropped my ring.
Speaker 1: I want to lose that. So they found rich good pastor, and land was broad, quiet, peaceful. For some Hamites formerly lived there. These recorded by a name, came in the days of Hezekiah, king of Judah, and they attacked their tents and the Meunites who were found there and utterly destroyed them, as it is to this day. So they dwelt in their place because they were pastor, because their pastor to their flocks. There. Now some of them, five hundred men of the sons of Simeon, went to Mount Seer, having as their captains Pelatiah, Narayah, Raphaia, and Ozil, the son of Ishi, and they defeated the of the Amalekites who had escaped. They have dwelt there to this day.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 1: So that's the end of the chapter four, Let's go over a detailed description what we just read says. Chronicles four twenty four through forty two details the genealogy and expansion of the tribe of Simeon, highlighting their role as a smaller yet brave tribe that successfully conquered new lands at Mount Seir. It emphasizes divine providence and their growth, their settlement within Judas territory, and their continued battle against enemies like the Amalekites. Genealogy and continuity. The list of names Nemiel, Jemine, Jarib, Zariah, Shaoul serves to confirm the promises made to Jacob and track the tribe survival through Egypt, the wilderness, and the land of Canaan, reassuring the post eclic community of their heritage, expansion and bravery. The Simionites, through a occupying land within Judah, expanded their territory, moving toward Godoor to find better pastor, and eventually conquering the Malakites at Mount Syr. Military successes the five hundred men led by Pelatiah, Nariah, Raphaiah and Uzil to Mount Sir exemplified the tribe's strength and their obedience to the command to destroy the remnant of the Malakites. The passage continues to The passage demonstrates that God continues to watch over and bless the smaller tribes, with the expansion of their territory being a direct result of His blessing and their obedience. This section serves as a record of God's continued faithfulness and the resilience of the tribes of Israel, even in challenging circumstances.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: So that's chapter four. Let me just go ahead and let you know some practical applications.
Speaker 2: Value every individual.
Speaker 1: Just as each name in genealogy has significance, so does every individual in God's eyes. We should value and res inspect each person's unique role in God's plan. Next, seek God's blessing. Like Jabez, we should not hesitate to ask God for his blessing and guidance in our lives, trusting in His goodness and provision faithful prayer life. Jabaz's example encourages us to cultivate a prayer life that is bold and rooted in faith, seeking God's will and protection. Embrace your heritage. Understanding our spiritual heritage can inspire us to live faithfully knowing we are part of a larger account that God is writing. Okay, so let's go over some additional scriptures that connect. We have Genesis twelve, verses two through three. God's promised to Abraham to make him a great nation and bless all families of the earth through him, which is fulfilled through the lineage of Judah. Then we have Matthew one, verses one through sixteen, the genealogy of Jesus Christ tracing his lineage back to Judah show the fulfillment of God's promises. Then we have James five, verse sixteen. The power of prayer, as seen in Jabba's life is echoed in the New Testament, where believers are encouraged to pray fervently.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 1: So that is the end of chapter four. Now we'll be going to chapter five, and let me just do a quick introduction for chapter five. So first, Chronicles five primarily focuses on the genealogies and historical accounts of the tribes of Reuben and God and the half tribe of Manassai. The chapter reveals why Ruben, the firstborn of Jacob, lost his birthright. It recounts the marital exploits of these tribes and their eventual exile due to the faith their faithlessness to God. I don't want to say faithfulness. It's faithlessness to God. So let me just go ahead and pull up some teaching points here.
Speaker 2: All right, check out chapter five.
Speaker 1: It's going to be the family of Ruben who we're going to talk about first. First Chronicles five, Verse one says, now, the sons of Ruben, the firstborn of Israel. He was intended he was indeed the firstborn, but because he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given to his sons, to the sons of Joseph, the son of Israel, so that the genealogy is not listed. So so that the genealogy is not listed according to the birthright. Yet Judah prevailed over his brothers, and from him came a ruler, although the birthright was Joseph's. The son of Ruben, the firstborn of Israel, was Hanak, Pelu, Hesron, and Karmi.
Speaker 2: Number four.
Speaker 1: The sons of Joel were Shemaiah, his son Gog, his son, Sami, his son, Makai, his son Rhea, his son Bail his son. While they call him Bail, that's crazy and Burrah, his son whom tig laughed Pilzer, king of Assyria, carried into the captivity. He was a leader of the Rubenites and his brethren by their families when the genealogy of their generations were registered, the chief Jel and Zachariah and Bellah son of Azaz, the son of Sheima, the son of Joel, who dwelt in Aurora as far as Nebo and bail Mian. Eastward, they settled as far as the entrance of the wilderness this side of the River Euphrates, because their cattle had multiplied in the land of Gilead. Now in the days of Saul, they made war with the Hagwrights, who fell by their hand, and they dwelt in their tents throughout the entire area east of Ghilead. So yeah, just so you guys know that Saul is a Benjamite, all right.
Speaker 2: So let's look at some of my notes.
Speaker 1: Here says the loss of Reuben's birthright the sons of Reuben, the firstborn of Israel. He was the first born, but because he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph, son of Israel.
Speaker 2: So that he.
Speaker 1: Is not listed in the genealogy. According to the birthright, Ruben's sin led to the loss of his birthright, demonstrating the consequences of personal actions. Ruben, the firstborn of Jacob and Leah, held a position of prominence and privilege as the eldest son in the patriarchal family structure. However, Ruben's actions led to the forfeiture of his birthright, a significant event in biblical history that had lasting implications for the tribes of Israel. Ruben's birth is recorded in Genesis twenty nine thirty two, where Leah names him, saying, because the Lord has seen my affliction, surely now my husband will love me. As a firstborn, Reuben was entitled to a double portion of the inheritance and leadership over his brothers. However, his actions would ultimately lead to the loss of these privileges. The sin of Ruben. The pivotal moment leading to Ruben's loss a birthright, is found in Genesis thirty five t. Twenty two. While Israel was living in that region, Ruben went and slept with his father's concubine, Belah, and Israel heard of it. This act of immorality was a grave offense not only against his father, Jacob, but also against the family structure in God's covenanial order, Jacob's pronouncement, Jacob's final words to his son in Genesis forty nine provide insight into Ruben's forfeiture of his birthright. And Genesis forty nine three through four, Jacob addressed Reuben Ruben, You're my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, excelling in honor, excelling in power, uncontrolled as the waters. You will no longer excel because you went up in your father's bed until my counts and defiled it. Jacob's pronouncement underscores the consequences of Reuben's actions, emphasizing his instability and the resulting loss of preeminence transfer.
Speaker 2: To the of the birthright.
Speaker 1: The birthright, which included leadership and a double portion of inheritance, was transferred to Joseph, the firstborn of Jacob's wife Rachel. This transfer is confirmed in First Chronicles five to one through two. Now the sons of Reuben, the firstborn of Israel. He was the firstborn, but because he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph, son of Israel, or Jacob, so that he has not listed in the genealogy.
Speaker 2: According to his birthright through Judah.
Speaker 1: Though Judah prevailed over his brothers and a ruler came from him, the birthright belonged to Joseph. Tribal implications. The loss of Ruben's birthright had significant implications for the tribal.
Speaker 2: Structure of Israel.
Speaker 1: Ruben Ruben's tribe retained its place among the twelve tribes that did not achieve the prominence or leadership that might have expected that might have been expected of the Firstborn's descendants. Instead, the tribe of Ephraim and Manassai, the sons of Joseph, received the double portion of inheritance, and the tribe of Judah emerged as a leading tribe from which the Davidic line, ultimately the Messiah would come. Conclusion, Ruben's loss of his birthright serves as a sobering reminder of the consequences of sin and the importance of faithfulness to God's covenant. The narrative highlights the themes of responsibility, leadership, and the divine reordering of human plans according to God's purposes. Now crazy thing about this is, you know, with Ruben, Saul was a Rubenite, so it's kind of crazy that Ruben was the firstborn. And then Saul ends up becoming the first king. And then you know, David and Goliath happens, and David slays Goliath, cuts off his head, holds up his head. They're all screaming, David, David. Now David is from the tribe of Judah. David was the was supposed to be, like you know, Judah is supposed to be where the king is in the forever line comes through David. So God used is evil for good, so the evil, our God can turn evil to good.
Speaker 2: Right, so.
Speaker 1: God turns evil to good. Shouldn't say he uses evil for good. But we see that the Nephelene thing happened in Genesis six, and then all the way down into Samuel, you see that our first Samuel. You see that David slays Goliath. Goliath was a raphaem a giant. So that thing that happened in Genesis six ended up still bringing the Messiah, you know, because David. Obviously, Jesus comes through David. So the devil wanted to do Genesis six right to bring the angels have sex with women. That way, he messes up the DNA, so he can mess up the line of the Messiah.
Speaker 2: And what ends up happening.
Speaker 1: God takes that and he makes it can still make it good, right, even though there was evil, God can still make it good. And the way he made it good, David rain Boom, slice the head off Goliath, you know, hits him with the rock, cuts the head off Goliath, holds the head up.
Speaker 2: The scream of David, David.
Speaker 1: That's when the people started going for David, and Saul started getting jealous, sending David out.
Speaker 2: You know the rest of the story.
Speaker 1: But it's kind of interesting that God chose a ruben Nite first Saul because he's tall six feet tall.
Speaker 2: But there might be more to it.
Speaker 1: Maybe God chose, you know, the firstborn ruben right, a Rubenite because he was supposed to have the birthright and it gets taken away by David. Tribe of Judah takes it. It takes the kingship right, and he didn't go and take it forcefully, but he went and took it right. Well, it kind of gets interesting, you know. You see that he went to Saul right and saw you see that Saul. He had a chance to kill Saul a few times, but he didn't. Right, So it's just an interesting saying that. I was just noticing that here. I didn't really think about it before until I just saw this right here, that Saul was a Benjamine and the ben Benjamin was a firstborn a Rubenite. Sorry, oh I'm tripping. He's a Rubenite. Ruben was a firstborn. Ah now in the days of Saul. Hold on, hold on, hold on, I thought he was a Benja. Why would it say, now in the days of Saul that were made for war. Okay, you know what, Scratch that, because he was actually I think that Saul was a Benjamite. Dude, I think I just totally had a false Let me see, I thought he was a Rubenite for a second there, but he's I think Saul is actually a Benjamite. And I might have made a mistake on what I just said.
Speaker 2: Scratch that.
Speaker 1: I don't edit my videos, so you just saw it live that I kind of made a mistake. So Ben, Yes, he was a Benjamite.
Speaker 2: My fault.
Speaker 1: The son of Kish was the tribe of Benjamin. Saul was the son of Kiss the tribe of Benjamin, the first king of Israel.
Speaker 2: Scratch what I just said.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and let me just have you look into this light. Forget what I just said. Sorry about that, guys. Let's go ahead and let's go ahead and continue reading. Did I I went into the sin of Rubin right the pivotal moment Jacob's pronouncement.
Speaker 2: Yep, we did that. Conclusion, Okay, we did that, all right, I think we're good.
Speaker 1: Let me just go back right here. Sorry about that, guys. That's embarrassing the Family of God. The reason why I said that because I saw Saul right here and I was thinking that he's a Ruben. I but I was like, after that, I thought about it, he's a Benjamin. My fault, all right?
Speaker 2: The Family of God would be next. This is gonna be.
Speaker 1: What's next to my notes the role of leadership of Valor. Okay, so we went over that. Let's go over a quick explanation of what we just read.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: Chronicles five one through ten explains how Ruben, Jacob's firstborn lost his birthright privileges due to immorality sleeping with Bellah, resulting in the blessing being split Joseph received the double portion two tribes, while Judah received the leadership royalty. The passage details the Rubenite genealogy, highlighting their warrior strength and expansion eastward into Gilead key themes and meaning lost of birthright. In verse one, Reuben was the firstborn who forfeited the primary rights double portion in leadership by defiling his father's marriage bed the division of rights. Joseph received the double portion through his sons Ephriam and Manassai. Judah received the leadership the chief ruler as the royal line of David and ultimately the Messiah descending from him. Ruben's genealogy lists descendants culminating in Barrah, a leader taken into exile by the Assyrian king Tiglaf Pilzir, expansion and conflict. The Rubenites occupied land east of Gilead, expanding their territory or toward the Euphrates River, and fighting the Hagarites during the time of King Saul. The passage emphasizes that sin can diminished one standing, but also highlights God's sovereign choice grace in selecting leadership, rather than relying solely on birth order. It serves as a reminder that Reuben's descendants, while strong, ultimately faced the consequences of unfaithfulness, leading to their exile. All right, there we go, guys, Let's go ahead and hop From verses eleven through twenty two, the family of God and the children of God dwelt next to them in the land of Bashan as far as Salkaw Joel was the chief. Safam the next, then Jeni and Safat in Bashan, and their brethren of their father's house Michael, Mathusalem, Sheiba, Jerai, Jacan, Zia.
Speaker 2: And Eber seven.
Speaker 1: In all these were the children of Ibahal the son of Harai, the son of Joorah, Jaha the son of Gilead, the son of Michael, the son of Jesse, Shai the son of Jahadoh the son of Buzz Boy. His name is.
Speaker 2: Booze maybe buzz let's be Uz. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ahai the son of Abdil, the son of Guni, was chief for their father's house, and the Gadites dwelt in Gilead, in Bashan and its villages, and in the common lands of Sharon within their borders.
Speaker 2: All these were registered.
Speaker 1: By genealogies in the days of Jotham, king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam, King of Israel, the sons of Reuben, the Gadites and half the tribe of Manasai had forty two, seven hundred and sixty valiant men, men able to bear shield and sword, to shoot with the bow, and skillful in war.
Speaker 2: Who went to war.
Speaker 1: They made war with the Hagarites jetor and fish and no dab noh dab, and they were helped against them, and the hagwrights were delivered into the their hand and all who were with him, for they cried out to God in battle. He heeded their prayer because they put their trust in Him. And they took away their livestock, fifty thousand of their camels, two hundred and fifty thousand of their sheep, and two thousands of their donkeys, also one hundred thousand of their men, for many fell dead because of the war, because the war was God's and they dwelt in their place until the captivity. All right, so let's take.
Speaker 2: A brief description of what we just read.
Speaker 1: Chronicles five eleven through twenty two highlights the Gadites settlement east of the Jordan and a major military victory over the Hagarites. Despite being outnumbered. The tribes of God, Reuben and Manassai won because they cried out to God and trusted in him, resulting in immense spoils. The passage emphasizes that true victory comes from reliance on God, territorial expansion and trusts. The tribe of God, along with Reuben and half Banassi, occupied the land of Bashan. Their victory in Verses eighteen through twenty two demonstrates that they relied on God, He granted victory even against overwhelming odds. The Battle of Gods battle was Gods. The victory was not due solely to military strength, but divine intervention. The Hagarites Ishmaelites were defeated because the Rubenites, Gadites, and Manasites cried out to God during the battle, relying on him rather than their own strength. Contrasts with future unfaithfulness. The narrative highlights a time when these tribes were faithful, but this serves as a contrast of verse twenty five through twenty six, which explain their subsequent unfaithfulness and idology led to their eventual exile by the Assyrians. Key details the combatants the tribes of God, Reuben and Manassai formed a coalition against the Hagarites for Ishmaelites massive spoils. The Israelites captured one hundred thousand captives, fifty thousand camels, two hundred and fifty thousand sheep, two thousand donkeys, indicating a total God given victory. Many of the enemies fell dead because the war was ultimately fought by God. In summary, First Chronicles five eleven through twenty two is a story of divine blessing and victory achieved through faith, contrasting with the subsequent spiritual downfall of the Eastern tribes. All right, and let's see if I have anything in my teaching points for this the Rule of Leadership and Valor and Verses nineteen through twenty YEP it is included. The tribes of Reuben, Gad and the half of Manassai were known for their valor and military proudness. They waged war against the Hagarites Detur, no fish and no dab, and they helped. They were helped in fighting them with God delivered the Hagarites and all their allies into their hands because they cried out to Him during the battle. That's first Chronicles five nineteen through twenty. Their successes was attributed by the reliance on God so leadership and valor. He says the role of leadership and valor. Leadership and valor are reoccurring themes throughout the Bible, serving as essential qualities for those called to guide God's people. These attributes are exemplified in various Biblical figures who demonstrate courage, faith, and integrity and fulfilling their divine missions. The Bible provides numerous examples and teachings on the importance of leadership and valor, emphasizing their significance in advancing God's purpose. Old Testament examples Moses. Moses is a quintessential example of leadership and valor. Called by God to lead the Israelites out of Egyptian bondage, Moses displayed courage in confronting Pharaoh and steadfast and guiding the people through the wilderness. His leadership is marked by reliance on God's guidance, as seen in Exodus three ten through twelve. So now go, I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people to Israelites out of Egypt. Moses's valor is further demonstrated in his inaccessory role, pleading with God on behalf of the israel Joshua. As moses successor, Joshua exemplifies both leadership and valor. Charged with leading the Israelites to the Promised Land, Joshua is encouraged by God to be strong and courageous. Joshua won nine states. Have I not commanded you to be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. His military leadership and faith in God's promises are evident in the conquests of Canaanavid King David is renowned for his valor, first as a young shepherd defeating Goliath, and later as a warrior king. His leadership is characterized by a heart after God, as noted in First Samuel thirteen, verse fourteen, the Lord has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed.
Speaker 2: Him ruler over his people.
Speaker 1: David's psalms often reflect his reliance on God's strength and guidance. Jesus Christ. The ultimate model of leadership and valor is found in Jesus Christ. His leadership is marked by servanthood and sacrificial love. Jesus's valor is evident in his unwavering commitment to fulfill his God's will, his Father's will, even unto death. In John ten, verse eleven, Jesus declares, I am the good Shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. His leadership redefines greatness as service, as seen in Matthew twenty verses twenty six through twenty eight. The Apostles. The Apostle, particularly Peter and Paul, demonstrate leadership and valor in the early Church. Peter's boldness in preaching the Gospel despite persecution is highlighted and Acts four verse thirteen. When they saw the boldness of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, they were unschooled ordinary men. They marveled and took note that these men had been with Jesus. Paul's missionary journeys and epistles reflect his courage and dedication to spreading the Gospel, as seen in two Timothy four, verse seven. I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith. Biblical teachings leadership and valor. The Bible provides clear teachings on qualities of godly leadership and necessity of valor. Leaders are called to be shepherds, serving and protecting their flocks with integrity and wisdom. Proverbs eleven, verse fourteen states where there is no guidance of people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety. Valor, often associated with courage and strength, is rooted in faith and trust in God. Ephesian six, verse ten exhorst believers to be strong in the Lord in his mighty power. Conclusion, the role of leadership and valor in the Bible underscores the importance of these qualities and fulfilling God's purposes. Through the examples of biblical figures and the teachings of scripture, believers are encouraged to cultivate leadership marked by servanthood and valor grounded in faith. Okay, guys, so let's go ahead and go back down and see if I have anything else I can go.
Speaker 2: Over all, right, let's see here we are. Okay.
Speaker 1: The day of unfaithfulness is going to be in the next chapter. So, or not the next chapter, but the next section. So the family of Manassai East, Okay, it says, so the children of the tribe of Manassai dwelt in the land. Their numbers increased from Bashan to bail Herman, that is, to Sineir or Mount Herman. These were the heads of their father's houses. A fear is she Alil Israel, Jeremiah, Hodevah, and Jadeel. They were mighty men of valor, famous men and heads of their father's houses. And they were unfaithful to the God of their fathers and played the harlet after the gods of their peoples of the land, whom God had destroyed before them. So the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Paul King of Assyria, that is, Tilgath Pilzir, King of Assyria. He carried the Rubenites, the Gadites, and half tribe of Manassa into captivity. He took them to Hillah, Hubbar Hurrah and the river of Gozen to this day. Okay, so let me just show you the danger of unfaithfulness. Despite their initial faithfulness, the tribes eventually turned away from God. They were unfaithful to God, to their fathers, and prostituted themselves to the gods of the peoples of the land, whom God had destroyed before them first Chronicles five twenty five. This led to their exile, showing the dangers of idolatry and unfaithfulness. Unfaithfulness in the Biblical context refers to the lack of faith or loyalty, particularly towards God. It is a reoccurring theme throughout scripture, highlighting the spiritual and moral perils perils that accompany a departure from faithfulness to God and his commandments. The Bible presents unfaithfulness as a grave sin with significant consequences, both for individuals and communities. In the Old Testament, unfaithfulness is often depicted as spiritual adultery, where the Israelites turn away from God to worship idols and engage in practices contrary to His laws. The prophets frequently warned Israel of the dangers of such behavior. For instance, in Jeremiah three twenty God laments, but as a woman may betray her husband, so you have betrayed me, oh house of Israel, declares the Lord. This metaphor underscores the deep betrayal and hurt caused by Israel's unfaithfulness. The consequences of unfaithfulness are vividly illustrated in the history of Israel, the Book of Judges repeatedly notes so that repeatedly notes how the Israelites did evil in the sight of the Lord by serving other gods, leading to their oppression by surrounding Nations Judges two, verse eleven through fifteen. Similarly, the Babylonian exiles portrayed as a direct result of judas persistent unfaithfulness as seen in Second Chronicles thirty six fourteen through seventeen, where the leaders and people were exceedingly unfaithful. Following all the abominations of the Nations and the New Testament, the New Testament continues to address the danger of unfaithfulness, emphasides zing the need for steadfast in faith. Steadfastness in faith, Jesus warns against the perils of a divided heart in Matthew six twenty four, stating no one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. This teaching highlights the impossibility of being faithful to God by simultaneously pursuing worldly desires. The epistles further expound on the theme of unfaithfulness and James four verse four. Believers are admonished you adulterousness. Your adulterous you do not know the friendship with the world is hostility toward God. Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself to the as an enemy to God.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: This stark warning illustrates the spiritual danger of aligning oneself with worldly values at the expense of one's relationship with God. Consequences and warnings. The Bible consistently warns that unfaithfulness leads to spiritual death and separation from God. Hebrews three twelve cautions see to it, brothers, that none of you has a wicked heart of unbelief that turns away from the living God. This passage underscores the importance of vigilance in maintaining faith and peril of allowing unbelief to take root. Moreover, the parable of the talents in Matthew twenty five fourteen through thirty serves as a sobering reminder of the consequences of unfaithfulness. The servant who fails to invest his master's money is condemned as wicked and lazy, and his talent is taken away. This parable illustrates the expectation of faithfulness in using the gifts and opportunities God's provides. I feel like it's just those kind of verses are things. When I read like that, it pushes me to keep doing these studies and make sure that I'm focused. And it happens every week, two times a week. I try to do my very best, and this is this is that type of information that makes me, that pushes me to keep going. Call to faithfulness. Despite the dangers of unfaithfulness, the Bible also offers hope and a call to repentance. In one John one nine, believers are assured if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, to cleanse us from all righteousness all unrighteousness. This promise of forgiveness and restoration is a testament to God's enduring faithfulness even when his people falter. Throughout scripture, the call to faithfulness is clear. Believers are encouraged to remain steadfastest seen in one Corinthians fifteen fifty eight. Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast and movable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor and the Lord is not in vain. This exhortation serves as a powerful reminder of the rewards of faithfulness and the dangers of turning away from God. There we go.
Speaker 2: Let's just look at a brief description of what we.
Speaker 1: Just read in verses twenty three through twenty six. Chronicles five twenty three through twenty six chronicles the prosperity and ultimate exile of the Rubenites, Gadites, and half the tribe of Manassi. Despite God's blessing, God blessing them with land, strength, and increased numbers, they abandoned him for idolatry, leading to their punishment by the exile via the Assyrian kings. It emphasizes how unfaithfulness reverses divine blessing. First Chronicles five twenty three through twenty six includes prosperity and growth. The half tribe of manass I, settled east of the Jordan, grew significantly in number and strength, occupying territory from Beshond to Mount Hermon. Their leaders were renowned for their bravery. That's in verses twenty three and twenty four apostacy. In verse twenty five, the people of Reuben Gadamanassi broke faith with God, choosing to worship the false gods of the nations they had replaced exile as judgment verse twenty six. Because of their unfaithfulness, God stood up the Assyrian kings pulled to Gaff to conquer them and remove them from their land to distant regions Hallahrah and the river Gozen, where they remained during the time of the chronicler. Theological message the passage contrast human fickleness with divine faithfulness, showing that despite receiving a double portion or great inheritance, disobedience resulting in losing it. It serves as a warning that idolatry leads to the loss of God's blessing and covenant privileges. All right, so let's go ahead and look at some practical applications for this chapter. Guard your inheritance. Just as Reuben loss's birthright due to sin, we must guard our spiritual inheritance by living righteously and avoiding sin. Very important for all of us depend on God's battles. Like the tribes who cried out to God in battle, we should rely on God and our struggles, trusting Him for victory. Amen, stay faithful. The tribe's downfall serves as a warning to remain faithful to God and avoid the temptations of idolatry and cultural assimulation. Now, let's go ahead and check out some additional scriptures that connect Genesis forty nine, verses three through four. Ruben's loss of the birthright is foreshadowing Jacob's blessing, highlighting the consequences of his actions. Hebrews twelve, verses sixteen through seventeen. He Saw's loss of birthright for a single meal parallels Reuben's story, emphasizing the abhorrence of valuing spiritual inheritance. One Corinthians ten, verse twelve. So the one who thinks he is standing firm should be careful not to fall. This verse warns us to remain vigilant in our faithfulness to God. All right, so that is chapter five.
Speaker 2: Let me take a drink and good stuff. So far, Let's go ahead and.
Speaker 1: Check out chapter six, and I'll just read the introduction to chapter six. This is like eighty two verses on this one. There's a lot here, So hopefully right now we're about an hour in, so I'll probably just finish chapter six and i'll end the study. Unless it's like only like twenty minutes or something, but I want to try to go like an hour and a half hour and forty five somewhere in there. Tomorrow morning, I gotta wake up for swim class for my daughters. We've got to be there by eight, so I gotta wake up like six. So right now, it's about.
Speaker 2: Nine to thirty.
Speaker 1: So if I'm pushing ten thirty, it takes about a half an hour to upload, I'll be pushing eleven and.
Speaker 2: I'll be super tired in the morning. All right.
Speaker 1: First, Chronicle six dwelves into the lineage and service of the Sons of Levi. It immuates immuates in inumrates. It enumerates their various roles as priests, temple musicians, gatekeepers, and the guardians of the Sanctuary and his treasury. The chapter also mentions the cities assigned to them, including those of refuge for man slayers. All right, so let's go ahead and go to my teaching points. I got four of them. Not a lot of teaching points, but four is good. But I mean, just for all these verses, I think we have eighty eighty one. All right, So we're gonna start out with the family of Levi, right, So the Levitical lineage here and so first Chronicle six will meticulous record the genealogy of the Levites, emphasizing their unique role in Israel's worship and service to God. The lineage underscores the importance of maintaining a holy and dedicated priesthood. Before we start, I'm gonna go over the Levitical lineage real quick. I think it's good to do that before we actually start the lineage. The Levitical lineage refers to the descendants of Levi, one of the twelve sons of Jacob, whose progeny were set apart for specific religious duties in Anights and Israel. The tribes of Levi holds a unique position among the tribes of Israel. They were chosen by God to serve in the Tabernacle and later in the temple, performing priestley and other religious functions. Levi was the third son of Jacob and Leah Genesis twenty nine thirty four. The tribe of Levi was set apart for religious duties following the in incident of the Golden Calf, where the Levites stood with Moses against Idolatry. Exodus thirty two twenty six through twenty nine, God declared, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the Israelites in place of every firstborn Israelite from the womb. The Levites belonged to Me Numbers three, verse twelve. Duties and responsibilities. The Levitical duties were divided primarily between the priest and the Levites. The priests, who were direct descendants of Aaron, Moses's brother, were responsible for performing sacrifices, maintaining the sanctuary, and teaching the law. The Levites, who were not of Erin's line, assisted the priests, took care of the tabernacle and later the temple, and performed various other tasks related to worship and religious instruction. The Book of Leviticus, named after the tribe, outlines many of the laws and regulations concerning the priesthood and the sacrificial system. The Levites were also responsible for the transportation of the tabernacle during the Israelites' wilderness wanderings and numbers four. Inheritance and provision. Unlike the other tribes of Israel, the Levites did not receive a territorial inheritance in the Promised Land. Instead, their inheritance was the Lord himself Yahweh himself, and they were provided for through the tithes and offerings of the people the levitical priest. Indeed, the whole tribe of Levi shall not shall have no portion of inheritance with Israel. They shall eat the offerings made by fire to the Lord, and for that is their inheritance Deuteronomy eighteen, verse one. So let me ask you, guys something. Would you, guys, rather be the part of the tribe of Levi if you were like part of any tribe at all, you know, would you rather be part of the tribe of Levi where you're you know, you belong to the Lord, Or would you rather be a part of other tribes you know, Joseph or you know, you know, any any of the other tribe Judah Simeon. I mean, where would you guys want to be? You can leave it in the comments section because me, I mean, the only thing that's crazy is you can't make a mistake on how you're actually worshiping, you know. But plus it would be hard to learn all those laws, and we went through all those laws.
Speaker 2: It was pretty tough.
Speaker 1: So let me know, guys, where you would want to be. Would you want to be a warrior you know, back then, or where you'd want to be. You can leave a comment below if you want to. If you don't want any, I totally understand. And if you want to comment on a mistake about Saul being a Rubenite, you can also just like leave a laughing.
Speaker 2: Emoji about that.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's continue the cities of refuge in Levitical Cities. The Levites were given forty eight cities throughout the land of Israel, including the six Cities of Refuge where individuals who committed manslaughter could seek asylum Numbers thirty five six through seven. These cities served as centers of religious instruction and justice significance in Israel's history. The Levitical lineage played a crucial role in maintaining the spiritual and religious life of Israel. They were instrumental in teaching the law and leading worship during the reigns of various kings. The Levites were often called upon to lead religious reforms and restore proper worship practices Second Chronicles twenty nine four through five. I guess we'll see that in se Chronicles in the New Testament, the levitical priesthood is contrasted with the priesthood of Jesus Christ, who is described as a priest in the order of Melchisedek, a superior and eternal priesthood Hebrew seven. The levitical system is seen as foreshadowing of the ultimate sacrifice of Christ, who fulfilled the law and established a new covenant. The levitical lineage, with its rich history and divine appointment, reminds remains a significant aspect of Biblical theology, illustrating God's provision for worship and the importance of holiness among his people. There we go, So we'll do that before we uh, and we'll read all these and then we have we have some notes on the role of the Levites. All right, let's do that. So first Chronicle six, verse one, the family of Levi. The sons of Levi were Gershawn, Kohath, and Marat uh Murrai.
Speaker 2: The son of.
Speaker 1: Kohath were Amram, is her Hebron and u Zeal. The son of Amram were Aaron, Moses and Mariam. The sons of Aaron were Inna dab Ib, Whu Eliezer and Ithamar Eliezer begat Phineas and Phineas begat Abashua and Abasha begat Bookie and Bookie beget Uzzi, Uzzi begat Zariah sorry Zara Ayah and Zariah begat marryof mariaf begot a. Mariah and Amriah begot a hutub and hutab begat Zodac and Zodec begat ahamaz ahamaz begat as A Riah, as Ariah begat Uh, Joe Joe Anan and Joe Nan begat Azariah. It was he who ministered as the priest of the temple that Solomon built in Jerusalem. Azariah begot Amarah and Amorah begot a hutib a hutib begat Zadik, Zudik begat Shalom, Shalom begat Hilikai and Hilikai begat Asiah, as Ariah begot Shariah and Saraah begat Jehosa Dac. Jehosa Dac went into captivity when the Lord carried Judah and Jerusalem into captivity by the hand of Nebakonezer. All right, take a deep breath, let's continue. The sons of Levi were Gashan, Gohath, and Mariyrii These were the names of the sons of Gershon, Libni, and Shami. The sons of Gohath were Amram, Izar, Hebron, and Zil. The sons of Mariah were mah Ali and Mushi. Now these were the sons of the Levites according to their fathers or Gashan were Libney his son, Jahath his son, Zameiah his son, Joah his son, Edu his son, and Zariah his son, and Jethariah his son. The sons of Kohath were Aminadab his son, Karah his son, Ashir his son, il Kanah his son, Ibisaf his son, Asir his son, Tahaf his son, you're Reel his son, uh Azaiah his son, and Shahlul his son. The sons of Ilkanah were Amasi and the Himath. As for Elkanah the Elkinah. The sons of Elkanah were Zipai his son, Nahath his son, Iliev his son, Jerome his son or Sorry, Jerohem his son, and Ikiala Elkanah his son. The sons of Samuel were Joel the firstborn and Ibijah the second. The sons of Maria were Mahili, Libni his son, Shamaia his son, Uza his son, Shamiyah his son, Hagaiah his son, and Asiah his son. Okay, so that's the family of Levi, and then we're going to go over the musicians of.
Speaker 2: The Lord next.
Speaker 1: But let's go over a quick summary of the role of the Levites. The Levites were set apart or holy for specific duties, and the tabernacle and later the Temple included music, sacrifices, and teaching the law. Their service was integral to the spiritual life of Israel. Let's go ahead and check out what this says. The Levites hold the significant positions within the biblical narrative, serving as distinct tribes set apart for specific religious duties and responsibilities. Their role is intricately tied to the worship of the worship and service of Yahweh, the God of Israel, and its foundational to the religious life of the Israelite community. Origin in selection, The Levites were descendants of Levi, one of the twelve sons of Jacob. Their selection for religious services rooted in a divine mandate in the aftermath of the Golden Calf incident. The Levites distinguished themselves by their loyalty to God, which led to their consecration for service Exodus thirty two twenty six to twenty nine. The tribe of Levi was chosen by God to serve in the Tabernacle and later the Temple in place of the first born of Israel, who were originally consecrated to God. Duties and responsibilities. The primary role of the Levites was to assist the priests, who were also Levites, but specifically from the line of Erin, in the service of the Tabernacle on later the Temple. Their duties include the care and transportation of the tabernacle its furnishings during the Israelites' wilderness wanderings numbers one fifty through fifty three. They were responsible for the maintenance of the sanctuary, the preparation of the offerings, and the performance of various rituals and ceremonies. The Levites also played a crucial role in teaching and interpreting the law. They were tasked with instructing the people of Israel in statutes and commandments of God. Deuteronomy thirty three ten that this educational role extended the service as judges and officials, helping to administer justice and maintain order within the community. Deuteronomy seventeen nine through twelve inheritance and provision. Unlike the other tribes of Israel, the Levites did not receive a territorial inheritance in the Promised Land. Instead, their inheritance was the Lord himself Yahweh himself, and they divided for through the tithes and offerings of the people. The Levites were given cities to dwell in, along with surrounding pastoral lands for their livestock numbers thirty five, verses one through eight. Worship in music, the Levites were integral integral for the worship life of Israel. They were involved in the musical aspect of worship, serving as singers and musicians in the temple. King David organized the Levites into divisions for the purpose establishing a tradition of musical worship that continued throughout the history of Israel. Spiritual significance, the Levites symbolized dedication and service to the God. Their lives were wholly devoted to the service of the Lord and as people, setting an example of faithfulness and obedience. The Levite's role underscores the importance of worship, teaching, and community service in the life of God's people. In the New Testament, the concept of priesthood of a priesthood of all believers emerges, where all Christians are called to serve God and one another in One Peter two, verse nine. However, the historical role of the Levites provides a foundation for understanding the nature of service and dedication to God, which continues to be a vital aspect of Christian life and ministry. So that's pretty cool. The worship and music and all that information is great. So we'll go ahead and go over a detailed description of what we just read.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: Chronicle six, verses one through thirty, records of the genealogy of the tribe of Levi, focusing on the lineage of the priests from Aaron and the Levites descendants of Gershawn, Cohath and Mariah. This section establishes a legitimate divinely appointed leadership for temple worship and service, tracking the priestly line up to the Babylonian captivity. Key meaning and significance divine order and worship the past. Its highlight that God cares about orderly worship, settling, setting aside the tribe of Levi specifically for ministry rather than land inheritance the priestly line. It highlights Aaron's descendants who served as a high priest, including Zodak who served during Solomon's time the Levite clans Verses sixteen through thirty. So the priestly line was verses one through fifteen. Now we're going to talk about the Levi clans. In Verse sixteen through thirty list the families of Gashan, Kohath, and Maria, demonstrating the organized structure of those responsible for maintaining the tabernacle and later the temple traceable legacy. The detailed genealogy ensures that those ministering were rightfully qualified by birth transition to exile. The listing of descendants up to the Babylonian captivity serves as a historical marker for the readers regarding the loss and later restoration of the temple service. This genealogy emphasizes God's faithfulness in maintaining a line of servants despite the exile, pointing towards toward the ultimate priesthood.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: So now.
Speaker 1: We'll get into before we start, Verses thirty one through forty eight. Let me just go over God's faithfulness. The detailed genealogies reflects God's faithfulness and preserving the levitical line despite Israel's tumultuous history. This serves as a reminder of God's own wavering commitment to his promises. God's faithfulness is a central theme throughout the Bible, reflecting his unwavering commitment to his promises and his people. This attribute of God is foundational to understanding his character and his interactions with humanity. The faithfulness of God assures believers of his reliability, trustworthiness, and steadfast love. The concept of God God's faithfulness is deeply rooted in the Old Testament. In Deuteronomy seven, verse nine, Moses declares, know therefore that the Lord your God, that the Lord Yahweh your God, is God. He is faithful.
Speaker 2: He is the faithful God, keeping.
Speaker 1: His covenant of loving devotion for a thousand generations with those who love him and keep his commandments. This verse highlights God's covenanial faithfulness, emphasizing his enduring commitment to his people. The Psalms frequently celebrates God's faithfulness. Psalms thirty six, verse five states, your loving devotional Lord reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Here, the Psalmist poetically describes the vastness and reliability of God's faithfulness, suggesting it is an expansive It is as expansive as the heavens themselves. The prophet Isaiah also speaks of God's faithfulness, particularly in the context of his promises to Israel. Isaiah forty nine, verse seven says, thus, as the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, their Holy One, kings will see and stand up, princes will see and bow down because of the Lord Yahweh, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen, who has chosen you. This passage under sores God's faithfulness and fulfilling his redemptive plans for his chosen people. In the New Testament and the New Testament, God's faithfulness is revealed through the person and work of Jesus Christ. The apostle Paul frequently refers to God's faithfulness in his epistles. In one Corinthians one, verse nine, Paul writes, God, who has called you into fellowship with his son Jesus Christ, our Lord is faithful. This assurance of God's faithfulness is foundational for the believer's confidence and their salvation and ongoing relationship with Christ. The faithfulness of God is also evident in his promises regarding temptation and trials and one Corinthians ten, verse thirteen Paul assures believer no temptation as sees you accept that which is common to man, and God is faithful. He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He also can provide an escape so that you can stand up under it. This promise highlights God's faithfulness in providing strength and a way out during times of testing. The Book of Hebrew further emphasizes God's faithfulness in the context of his promises. Hebrews ten twenty three encourages believers let us hold resolutely to the hope we profess for he who promised his faithful. This exhortation is rooted in the assurance that God's promises are reliable and will be fulfilled. Faithfulness in God's nature. God's faithfulness is intrinsic to his nature. It is not merely an action he performs, but an essential aspect of He who is in He who he is. Timothy two, verse thirteen, Paul writes and if we are faithfuless, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny himself. This verse underscores the unchanging nature of God's faithfulness and dependent of human actions or failures. The faithfulness of God is also linked to his faithfulness and justice. In one John one nine, the apostle John aresures believers, if we convest our sins, he is faithful just to forgive us for our sins and decleanse us from all unrighteousness. Here God's faithfulness is connected to his to his just nature, providing assurance of forgiveness and cleansing for those who convest their sins. Implications for believers. For believers, God's faithfulness is a source of comfort, hope, and encouragement. It assures that God will fulfill his promises, provide for their needs, and remain with them through all circumstances. The faithfulness of God calls believers to respond with the trust, obedience, and faithfulness in their own lives, reflecting the character of the one that they serve. All right, so let's look at a brief description.
Speaker 2: Of what we just read. Oh, we did we did, we did that. Never mind, we already did that.
Speaker 1: So now we're going to start the musicians in the House of the Lord. It's first Chronicle six, verse thirty one. Now these are the men whom David had pointed over the service of song in the House of the Lord. After the arc came to rest. They were ministering with music before the dwelling place of the Tabernacle of Meeting, until Solomon had built the House of the Lord in Jerusalem, and they served in the office according to their order. And these are the what excuse me. These are the ones who ministered with their sons. Of the sons of the Cohathites. Coathites were Heman, the singer, the Joel, the son of Samuel, the son of Elkanah, the son of Gerohem, the son of Eliel, the son of Toa. Toah the son of Zuf, the son of Elkanah, the son of Mahath, the son of Amasi, the son of Elkanah, the son of Joel, the son of Azariah, the son of Zephaniah, the son of uh Tahath, the son of a Seir, the son of Ebisoth, ebisof the son of Korrah, the son of is Har, the son of uh Let me see is Her, the son of Cohath, the son of Levi, the son of Israel, and his brother Asaf, who stood at the right hand. Was Asaf the son of Verakiah, the son of Shemiah, the son of Michael, and the.
Speaker 2: Son of.
Speaker 1: Bashiah, the son of Makajah, the son of if Nai, the son of Zarah, the son of Adiah, the son of Ethan, the son of Zamayah, the son of Shami, the son of Jahath, the son of Gershon, the son of Levi, their brothers the son of Marii. On the left hand were Ethan, the son of Kishi, the son of Abdi, the son of Maluk, the son of Hashabiyah, the son of Almaziah, the son of hill Krai, the son of Amzi, the son of Benai, the son of Shamir, the son of Mahal or Mali, the son of Mushi, the son of Maria, the son of Levi, and their brother and the Levites were appointed to every kind of service of the tabernacle of.
Speaker 2: The House of God.
Speaker 1: Okay, so, so let's check out what I have on worship and service. So the chapter highlights the centrality of worship and service in the life of God's people. The Levite's dedication to their duties exemplifies a life devoted to honoring God, so worship and service worship. Worship in the Bible is a reverent devotion and allegiance according to God. It is both an attitude and an act, encompassing the heart's posture and the outward expression of adoration, praise, and submission to the Almighty. Worship is central to the life of a believer, as it acknowledges God's supreme worth and sovereignty. The Old Testament lays the foundation for worship, emphasizing its importance through the law and the prophets. The first commandment given to Moses underscores the exclusivity of worship due to God. You shall have no other gods before Me, Exodus twenty verse three. Worship in the Old Testament often involves sacrifices, offerings, and rituals conducted at the tabernacle and later the Temple, as seen in the detailed instructions given in Leviticus. The Psalms are a rich source of worship language, expressing a range of emotions from lamant to exuberant praise. Psalms ninety five six seven invites believers six through seven invites believers to worship. Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the Lord. Yahweh our maker, for he is our God, and we are the people of his pastor the sheep under his care. And the New Testament worship takes on a spiritual dimension, a more spiritual dimension, transcending physical locations and rituals. Jesus, in his conversation with the Samaritan woman, declares, but a time is coming and has now come, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father is seeking such as thee please to worship him. John four, verse twenty three. This indicates a shift from external forms to an internal, heartfelt devotion. The Early Church exemplified worship through prayer, teaching, fellowship, and the breaking of bread Acts two, verse forty two. The apostle Paul exhorts believers to offer their bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God as their spiritual act of worship Romans twelve to one. Worship therefore, is not combined to a specific time or place, but as a lifestyle of honoring God in all aspects. Now, let's talk about service. Service in the Biblical context is closely linked to worship. It is an expression of love and obedience to God. It involves ministering to others, using one's gifts and talents for edification of the church and advancement of God's kingdom. The Old Testament provides numerous examples of service, sorry not surface service on the levitical duties in the Tabernacle to the acts of the prophets. Service is often portrayed as an act of obedience and faithfulness to God's commands. Joshua's declaration declaration but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord highlights the commitment.
Speaker 2: To serve God. Oop sorry click that on accident.
Speaker 1: Highlights the commitment to serve God alone. In the New Testament, Jesus sets the ultimate example of service. He states, for even the son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many Mark ten, verse forty five. Jesus's life and ministry were characterized by humility and selfless service, culminating his sacrificial death on the cross. The apostle Paul frequently speaks of service in his epistles urging believers to serve one another in love Galatians five, verse thirteen, and who use their spiritual gifts for common good one Corinthians twelve, verse seven. Service is seen as a manifestation of faith working through love Galatians five, verse six. The relationship between worship and service is evident in the life of a believer. Worship fuels service, and service is an act of worship. The two are intertwined as serving others as a way to honor and glorify God. The call to worship and serve as a call to live a life fully devoted to God, reflecting his love and grace to the world. Right perfect, So all right, So let's take a quick look at what we just read. Detailed account first, Chronicles six thirty one through forty eight details King David's establishment of a structured musical ministry, appointing Levites haman esof and Ethan to lead worship in the tent of meeting after the arc of the Covenant rested. It emphasizes, It emphasizes organized spiritual praise, the dedication of Levites to temple service, and the iphortance of music in Israelite worship. The appointment of worship leaders. In thirty one through thirty two, David established a formal, organized system of worship involving music and singing rather than just sacrifices. He appointed he Man Azaff and Ethan to lead organizational service. In Verses thirty three through forty seven, The passes list the genealogies of these leaders to show their legitimate They were legitimate Levites. Their service was a calling and a duty to perform in the House of the Lord. Comprehensive service verse forty eight. The remaining Leevites are mentioned as being assigned to other various duties, showing that all parts of temple work, whether music, service, or maintenance, were con considered essential acts of worship. This structure marked by mark the transition from the portable wilderness tabernacle to a more permanent, established, joyful worship.
Speaker 2: Uh, sorry about that.
Speaker 1: My notes just jumped up while I was reading right five Nope for in six.
Speaker 3: That's forty eight through Nope, that's going to be sorry about that, guys. That was kind of crazy. Verse forty nine. That's the family of Aaron.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we were at House of the Lord.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Verse forty eight. The remaining levites are mentioned as being assigned to other various duties, showing all the parts of temple work, whether music, service, or maintenance, were considered essential acts of worship, contexts and worship. This structure marked the transition from portable wilderness tabernacle to a more permanent, established and joyful worship environment. With the arc finally resting, this section highlights the dedication of talented individuals to God's service and sets the foundation for temple worship, demonstrating that God cares about orderly, joyful and musical praise. All right, Praise God, all right. Let's go ahead and check out the verse forty nine. The family of Erin, but Aaron and his sons offered sacrifices on the altar of burnt offering and on the altar of incense, for all the work of the most holy place, and to make atonement for Israel, according to all that Moses, the servant of God, had commanded. Now, these were the sons of Erin Aliezer, his son Phineas, his son Abashuah, his son Bukai, his son Uzi, his son Ziahiah, his son mirro Oath, his son and Mariah, his son a Hitab, his son Zodic, his son amahas his son. Okay, so let's look at a detailed description of this so first Chronicles six forty nine through fifty three details the specific roles of Aaron and his male descendants as priests to handle sacrifices, incense and atonement, fulfilling Moses' commands. These verses emphasized the sanctity of their work in the most Holy Place and provided genealogy listing the high priest from Aaron to ahmaz.
Speaker 2: Key, meaning exclusive priesthood.
Speaker 1: In verse forty nine, only Aaron's descendants were permitted to offer sacrifices on the altar of burnt offering and burnt incense on the altar.
Speaker 2: Of incense the goal of atonement verse forty nine.
Speaker 1: The priests were responsible for making atonement for Israel, ridging the gap between God and his people, which was the core purpose of their ministry. Obedience to scripture verse forty nine. Their duties were performed strictly according to all that Moses had, the servant of God, had commanded. Genealogy of the high priests the passage in verse fifty through fifty three lists the direct lineage from Aarin through Eliezar to Zodak, highlighting the legitimate succession of the high priesthood order the service while the Levites supported the temple. These verses clearly distinguished the higher, specialized, specialized roles of the priests offering atonement from the general duties of the Levites. This passage underscores the importance of obeying God's command regarding leadership roles, the necessity of atonement for sin, and the historical legitimacy of the priesthood in Jerusalem.
Speaker 2: All right, so there we go.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna jump to first chronicle six, verse fifty four. This goes from fifty five for all the way to eighty one. Okay, so let me see if I have any teaching points before we get there. Nope, we went through all four of the teaching points.
Speaker 2: So here we go.
Speaker 1: This is the dwelling places of the Levites. Now these are the dwelling places throughout their settlements and their territory territory. For there were given by Lot to the sons of Erin, of the family of the Cohathites. They give them Hebron in the land of Judah with its surrounding common lands, but the fields of the city and its villages. They gave to Caleb, the son of Jeffuny Jeffeni and the sons of Erin. They gave one of the cities of refuge Hebron, also Libnah with its common lands, jatr Estamoa with the common lands, of Heyleen with its common lands, Dabir with its common lands, Ashan with its common lands, and beth Shamish with its common lands. And from the tribe of Benjamin Giba with its common lands, Lmth with its common lands, and an Athoth with its common lands. All their cities among their families were thirteen. To the rest of the family of the tribe of the Kohathites. They gave by lot ten cities from half the tribe of Manassai and the sons of Gershan. Throughout their families, they give thirteen cities from the tribe of Ishkar, from the tribe of Ashir, from the tribe of Naftali, and from the tribe of Manassa and Bashan to the sons of.
Speaker 2: Mari murraim Arai.
Speaker 1: Throughout their families, they gave twelve cities from the tribe of Reuben, from the tribe of Gad, from the tribe of Zebulun. So the children of Israel gave these cities their common lands to the Levites, and they gave by a lot from the tribe of the children of Judah, from the tribe of children of Simeon, and from the tribe of the children of Benjamin. These cities were called by their names. Now some of the families of the sons of Coohath were given cities as a territory from the tribe of Ephriam, and they gave them one of the cities to refuge in Shechem with its common lands in the mountains of Ephriam. Also Gazir with its common lands, Jokamim with its common lands, beth Huran with its common common lands, a Hyjalan with its common lands in Gathriman with its common lands, and from the tribe of Manassai near with its common lands, and Beliem with its common lands. For the rest of the family of the sons of Kohath, from the family of the tribe of Nassai, the sons of Gersham were given Golan and Bashan with its common lands, and Astaroth Astaroth with his common lands, have a Vishkar Kadesh with its common lands, Devath with his common lands, Ramath with its common lands, and Anme with its common lands. Now, guys, let me just stop real quick, Okay. I'm just I'm saying all these common lands just because we want to read every single word of the Bible. That's what we are dedicated to. And it doesn't matter if I'm repeating. Sorry, guys, It's just part of what the way the Bible speaks, Okay. Number seventy four, And the tribe of Asher Maschul and his common lands, Abdon with its common lands, we'll Cook with its common lands, ro Rayhap with its common lands, and from the tribe of Naptali Kadish and Galilee with its common lands, Haman with its common lands, and Kurgeathium with its common lands. Next from the tribe of Zebulin, the rest of the children of Marai were given Raman, Ramon with its common lands, and Tiberi with its common lands. And the other side of the Jordan across from Jericho. On the east side of Jordan, they were given from the tribe of route In Bazira and the wilderness with this common lands, joe Za with its common lands, keep them Moth with its common lands, and maf MafA Hath with its common lands. And from the tribe of gad Ramth and Gilead with its common lands, Mahanaim with this common lands, Heshbah with its common lands, and Jazir with its common lands. Okay, so that's the end of chapter six. Let's go ahead and check out a detailed reporter.
Speaker 2: We just read the detailed report it has.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of common lands. No, I'm just kidding, all right. First, Chronicles six, verse fifty four through eighty one details the distribution of forty eight cities surrounding the pasture lands of the Levites, who, unlike other tribes, inherited no consolidated territory, but were dispersed throughout Israel to facilitate worship, teach the law, and provide justice. This passage, echoing Joshua twenty one, highlights God's order, orderly provision and the priests essential rule to the nation key meeting in details divine provision and order. The cities were allocated by a lot, emphasizing that God, not chance, placed the Levites there where they were needed. Structure of the priesthood, the list is organized by family. The co heights, including Eron's descendants, the Jersharites and the Merroorites geographical dispersion. Levites were given cities within the territories and all other tribes, ensuring that spiritual leadership and knowledge of the law were available throughout the land. Cities of Refuge. Several of these cities served as a place of refuge for those who committed unintentional manslaughter, providing protection and legal structure significance for the community. This record, likely written after the Babylonian exile, served to conform the genealogies and legal rights of the priests and levites to their land, ensuring that they could resume their roles in temple worship. Essentially, this passes underscores that God is a provider who ensures order in.
Speaker 2: Both the physical land and the spiritual life.
Speaker 1: Of his people. Perfect. So that's the end of chapter six. Let's see what's going on with chapter seven. Real quick, chapter seven it's quite long. So what I'll do is I'll just finish a little bit early today, you know, maybe fifteen minutes early, and we'll do chapter seven next week. We've kind of been sticking to three chapters, and you know, I'm sure that you know if I did chapter seven, we'll probably push me past two hours. So I always go two hours every day, no problem. But I do have an early wake up tomorrow. So let's go ahead and go over some practical applications. Embrace your spiritual heritage. Just as the Levites had a unique calling, each believer has a spiritual heritage and purpose. Reflect on how your background and experiences shape your service to God. Number two, Commit to worship and service. Like the Levites, we are called to prioritize worship and service in our lives. Consider how you can actively participate in your church community and serve others.
Speaker 2: Number three.
Speaker 1: Trust in God's faithfulness. The preservation of the levitical line is a testament to God's faithfulness. Trust that God is faithful to his promises in your life, even in challenging times. Some additional scriptures that connect, just to kind of push the time of Smidge, we'll go over each scripture so we have a connection. Would be Exodus thirty two.
Speaker 2: Let's go there real quick.
Speaker 1: Exodus thirty two, where you at Exodus thirty two twenty nine through Exodus thirty two twenty six through twenty nine. Let's see what they're trying to lead us to here.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we have.
Speaker 1: Then Moses stood in the entrance of the camp and said, whoever is on the Lord's side, come to me, And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together to him, and he said to them, thus says the Lord, God of Israel. Let every man put his sword on his side and go in and out from the entrance to entrance throughout the camp. Let every man kill his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor. So the sons of Levi did according to the word of Moses, and about three hundred thousand men of the people fell that day. Wow. Then Moses said, consecrate yourselves today to the Lord, that he may bestow on you a blessing this day, for every man has opposed his son and his brother. Now it came to pass that Moses said to the people, you are committed to a great committed a great sin. So now I will go up to the Lord. Perhaps I can make atonement for your sin. Then Moses returned to the Lord and said, oh, these people have committed a great sin. And I made themselves say God of Gold. Yet now if you forgive their sin, but if not, I pray blot me out of the book of Life which you have written. Wow, deep, all right, Let's look at numbers three verses five through ten, the specific duties assigned to the Levites and the Tabernacle. That way we can see some more stuff about the lee Btes numbers three verses five through ten. Let's check that out real quick. Numbers three verses five through ten. The Levites serve in the Tabernacle. And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, bring the tribe of Levi near and present them before Aaron the priest, and they may serve him.
Speaker 2: That they may serve him.
Speaker 1: And they shall attend to his needs and the needs of the whole congregation before the Tabernacle of meeting, to do the work of the tabernacle. Also they shall attend to all the furnishings of the Tabernacle of meeting, and to the needs of the chi of Israel, to do the work of the tabernacle. And you shall give the Levites to Aaron and his sons, And they are given entirely to him from among the chosen of Israel. So you shall appoint Aaron and his sons, and they shall attend to their priesthood. But the outsider who comes near shall be put to death. Wow, now, let's check out Hebrews seven, verses eleven through seventeen.
Speaker 2: Let's do that real quick.
Speaker 1: So this is a New Testament verse pointing us to the priesthood of Jesus, which surpasses levitical priesthood.
Speaker 2: So let's check that out real quick. Yeah, I'm looking forward.
Speaker 1: To getting to the book of Hebrews.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: It's coming soon. Let's see verse seven. It says, now, beyond all contradiction, the lesser blessed by the better. Here mortoral men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. Even Levi, who receives tithes paid ties through Abraham. So to speak, for he has still in the law of his father than Melchisedek met him. For he still in the loins of his father when Melchisedek met him verse eleven. Therefore, if perfection were through the levitical priesthood, for under the people received the law, what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Malchisedek, and not be called according to the order of Erin. For the priesthood being changed, in necessity, there is also a change of the law. For he whom these things were spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar. For it is evident that our lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood. And yet it is far more evident than in the likeness of Malchisedec. There arises another priest who has come not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life. For he testifies you are a priest forever according to the order of Malkisa.
Speaker 2: Deck. Wow, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I'll finish the verse. For in one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment before it is weakness and unprofitableness, for the law made nothing perfect. On the other hand, there's the bringing of a better hope through which.
Speaker 2: We draw near to God. Amen.
Speaker 1: All right, so we kind of went about one hour and forty six minutes. Not too bad, not too shabby.
Speaker 2: So looking forward to next week.
Speaker 1: Kind of going over you know, hopping into verse seven, you know, and it'll be a little less dry, if that makes sense. With the Uh, we're gonna start getting into some parts of chronicles.
Speaker 2: Let's see what seven is looking like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna still have some you know, some more talking about the family tree of Yeah, then we get the talk about the family tree of King Saul and Benjamin in chapter eight. So the Benjamin, not the rubenit my bad dwellers in Jerusalem. The Levite's in Jerusalem. So yeah, so it's gonna start getting pretty good. And then tragic end to Saul and his sons, so we're gonna go over that. WI should be in chapter ten.
Speaker 2: So we'll have some.
Speaker 1: Pretty good stuff next week, and then we'll start talking about David made king over Israel, the City of David, a lot of good stuff. So yeah, looking forward to getting into some more chapters of Chronicles. Please join me for Wednesday service. Also, everybody that's going to be listening on YouTube, Yes, thank you guys for always commenting. Everyone that's listening on Spotify on both on my channel and on Cultual Conspiracy channel. Thank you everybody that comments. And if you've never commented before, and you're listening to the show and you're enjoying it, please comment in the comment section. I would like to see twenty of them sometime.
Speaker 2: That'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: And the show in moving up the algorithm, and it also assists the show for Jonathan Jacob and Raven right, so I want to be able to stay on their channel. Obviously they have a lot bigger channel than I have, so it's getting to more people, and it's getting to all of you, so it's a blessing. But yeah, please do that if you could leave a comment on Spotify on my show and also on Cult Conspiracy Show. Let's go ahead and end this in prayer. So, Father God and the name of Jesus, thank you. Sorry about my mistake about Saul not being a Rubenite. That was just me starting to go off, you know, talking, But Lord, I appreciate you. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to teach the Bible. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do this young Earth creation. I do believe Lord that you created the heavens and Earth in six literal days, and on the seventh day you rested. So thank you for giving that opportunity. Thank you for everybody that's listening right now. I'm sure there's plenty of spiritual battles that some of the listeners may be going through right now. If there's any battles with their marriage or their partner, or or battles, any kind of spiritual battles. Lord, I just ask that you please assist anyone that's listening right now supernaturally help them.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 1: We are trying to be faithful to you, So we're going over the Bible as much as possible, having people, you know, join in and listen and be attentive to your word. Lord, So help everybody that's listening. They're knocking on the door, Lord, so we're just asking you for you to open it and help them, you know. And thank you for everything, the food we receive, the water we drink, and the air we breathe. Lord, Thank you, We love you in Jesus name. Amen. Thank you guys so much for tuning in. Please, like I said, leave the comments and I will I'll read them off, you know, I'll shout you guys out, you know, on Wednesday service and also on Sunday service, I shout you guys out on both. Please do that. And guys, when I when I put this episode out about Young Earth, what I'm gonna do is, I'm gonna make a full episode on my show going over Young Earth versus Old Earth creation, and I'm gonna do it like verse by verse, and I'm gonna do my very best, you know, to explain to you both sides, okay, So that way we could see because I'm sure there's people that listen to this right now that maybe believe in the Old Earth. You know, the billions upon billions of years that science teaches, and I'm sure there's a lot of people that believe in the Young Earth. So it's kind of a debate that's going on where I think it's important. So I think it's important to follow God's word. You know, we let God be true. Every man a liar Romans three four. God cannot lie. It's gonna be tied to one two. It's impossible for God to lie Hebrews six eighteen. So we know that God's not lying. Somebody's lying, you know. So I'm gonna go over that break down the word yome day. That's kind of what I did on that show. But I'm gonna have a more detailed episode. I'm going to refine it as much as I can so I can explain it to the best of my ability and show you the scientific aspect and also the biblical aspect. So I will be making a show like that, So pray for me if you can, that I get as much knowledge that I can about that subject, so that at some point, who knows, maybe I'll debate that subject as well with somebody, so we'll see. But God bless all of you, and thank you for listening. Much love to you, Thank you,