Speaker 1: Good evening and welcome all of the good squires, the good retinue, the members of The Cajun Night Live. I am your host, Jacob Mook the Cajun Night, and let's get right into it here this evening. I'm gonna go ahead and give I'm gonna share the screen for anybody who would like to see what we're talking about or participate in this.
Speaker 2: Conversation next week.
Speaker 1: What you can do is go down to the links below, go to patreon dot com slash Cajun Night.
Speaker 2: There's only one tier for entry.
Speaker 1: We're not trying to make this some massive army, but at the same time, I wouldn't be mad if it became some massive army. I'm here for all of it. But yeah, let's get right into it here. This is from the Military Times as a matter of fact, So a retired foward star admiral found guilty on four charges stemming from bribery allegations. I didn't know this was really a thing until I heard a couple of other military content creators talking about and I was like, well, let's dive into it, shall we. The corruption try Retired Admiral Robert Burke concluded Monday with him being found guilty of four criminal counts, including bribery charges, by a jury in Washington, DC. His attorney and others in the courtroom confirmed to military dot Com. Burke, once the second highest ranking leader in the Navy, was charged by federal prosecutors last year on allegations that he directed a lucrative Navy contract to an executive training company Next Jump in twenty twenty one while serving as a four star admiral. The company later hired him in twenty twenty two for a starting salary of five hundred thousand per year. And we hear about this, right, retiring generals, retired admirals jumping on as a consultant for some company making ungodly amounts of money right out the rip. I don't know. I don't know if that was what the connections were necessarily, or what types of training that this company had. But at the same time, if it's an executive training company and he's a four star admiral meaning that he knows how to run people and manage people at very high levels, doesn't sound crazy to me.
Speaker 2: But where is the whole bribery thing happening here?
Speaker 1: Right? However, Burke's case turned out to be anything but simple. After it was announced, the case quickly became mired in questions about the reliability of the government's primary witness, Burke's over to a one time lover, and next Jump executives managed to split themselves off into separate trials after arguing that they were actually victim of victims of Burke's lies and manipulations. Burke is now the most senior military leader in recent history to be convicted for actions they took as part of their military service. By the end of his career, Burke served as Vice Chief of Naval Operations and then commander of US Naval Forces Europe and US Naval Forces Africa. He was convicted of conspiracy to defraud the US bribery, concealing material facts, and personally enriching himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's these are kind of big deal charges.
Speaker 1: This is it in little boy jail. This is big boy jail. The defendant violated the public trust for his own personal gain, prosecutors told the jury last week, you also know why a contract for a job tim parlor, parlator or parlatory, I'm not sure. The lawyer for Burke called the decision a wrongful verdict. And told military dot Com that it was the result of a hastily hasty trial in which the government went to grant great lengths to present evidence that showed only half the story. Parlatary, I'm just gonna roll with that, noted that the trial was initially set to run for three weeks but concluded in five days and with the government not even presenting all of its evidence. This case demonstrates that when you start with a bad investigation by incompetent investigators, you end up with the case that the only way you can get a conviction is.
Speaker 2: By hiding the evidence from the jury.
Speaker 1: Parlatorio, who has represented several other high profile military figures, said that he plans to file an appeal. Military dot Com reached out to the Justice Department for content comment.
Speaker 2: Of course, they did not answer.
Speaker 1: Next year, UMP, which was the company, was awarded its first Navy contract in early twenty eighteen for around two million dollars. A second contract followed later that year for ten million dollars to quote train part of the Navy workforce, according to.
Speaker 2: Core documents the company filed last year.
Speaker 1: At that time, the Navy was reeling from a pair of deadly at sea collisions in the Pacific Ocean that not only killed nearly twenty sailors, but also exposed a problematic culture that it was willing to ignore years of warnings about fatigue, poor training, and leadership uninterested in hearing any please for help.
Speaker 2: Color me shocked.
Speaker 1: The military hierarchy was willing to ignore years of warnings about fatigue, willing to overlook poor training, and has leadership that's uninterested in hearing any please for help from their subordinates. Gotta say again, Wow, WHOA color me shocked here? But anyway, Burke was Next Jump's main point of contact for the ne and according to the company, by twenty nineteen he had their two top executives, Charlie Kim and Megan Messenger, chasing a one hundred million dollar proposal that would be to their biggest contract yet. However, at trial, Parlatori argued that Kim and Messenger were merely want to be defense contractors who were lying to company investors as part of an effort to grow their business. The contract never materialized, and according to court transcripts, the company was getting negative feedback on the training it had conducted, so they completely buffaloed this and then gave him a kickback for the jobs that they were being awarded one hundred percent. Still, the group had a meeting in a restaurant in Washington, DC that included Burke's alleged girlfriend, and according to the prosecution, the defendants solidified their agreement and worked out the details a contract for a job. That is not how government contracts are awarded. Never over a lunch. Well they're not supposed to be awarded over a lunch. I mean, you know what happens behind closed doors, behind closed doors. But yeah, this, this is not a good thing for it to come to light. Parlatory argued that the meeting was totally above board. Burke arrived in uniform, driven by staff, and while the topic of a job post retirement came up, it wouldn't necessarily be unexpected that somebody would at least ask about a salary. He had in his closing remarks, or he said in his closing remarks, I would agree with that. But just because you were in uniform and had military personnel driving you to a lunch to iron out details of a contract that hadn't been awarded yet, yeah, no, okay, But at the end of it, there was an agreement. No, there was no deal, parlatory set in the closing remarks. Instead of a large contract, the company ultimately got a far smaller three hundred and fifty thousand dollars contract, of which they only got about two.
Speaker 2: Hundred and fifty thousand parlatory set in court.
Speaker 1: After he retired, Burke got a job at next Jump with a half a million dollars a year salary. Kim and Messenger offered the defendant a job in exchange for a Navy contract. The prosecution set in closing arguments it was a bribe the defendant readily accept and then because he knew it was going to be wrong, he lied to cover it up. Meanwhile, hanging over the tribal trial was also something that never showed up inside the courtroom. Burke's alleged former girlfriend and a key witness for the prosecution. She has been described by the defense as a top civilian official working in the office of the Undersecretary of the Navy. As a witness one in court documents military dot COM's with holding her identity yeaha yeah, yeah yah. Lawyers for Kim and Messenger argued in a filing aimed at exit excluding evidence from the woman that a trial court judge in Virginia found that Witness one had lied extensively about her ex husband in contentious divorce and child custody proceedings.
Speaker 2: OK so they're already trying.
Speaker 1: To bring into question of the character of Witness one aka Burke's girlfriend, Parlatorio wasn't even further. This entire case rests on the credibility of Witness one, a known liar and perjurer, and the search warrants issued in this investigation relied almost entirely on Witness one statement to investigators. The woman's credibility was at issue because her evidence was key in getting warrants that were used to gather the evidence that would in turn lead to the indictments. However, lawyers for Burke and the two CEOs noted that prosecutors failed to tell the judge handling the matter. Ultimately, the woman didn't testify at Burke's trial, and neither did Burke himself. However, prosecutors did mention some of the exchanges that she said with Burke, including one where he told her, I've essentially agreed to work for next Jump.
Speaker 2: After the meeting in the restaurant, while Burke's.
Speaker 1: Trial now concluded, the trial of Kim and Messenger are next. The paratold military dot com that they are eager to use the trial to showcase a variety of emails and other documents that they say how Burke, along with other top Navy leaders, conspired to lie and deceive the company and then hide the evidence.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they are going.
Speaker 1: Out of their way to try to show that they didn't have anything to do with this, even you know, the contracts being awarded to them enriched them.
Speaker 2: But it's not like they I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I could see this being that they would go down with it because they had to bribe him with something in order to win these contracts, but bribing with a job, it kind of seems like a reach. But at the same time, I don't know Next Jump very well. I don't know their business model. I don't know what kind of consulting they do for military contracts and things. So I don't really understand it all. But okay, they have dozens of communications with the Navy. I think it'll be a little embarrassing for the Navy. According to Parliatory, Burke's sentencing is set for August twenty second. So okay, right out the rip, I figured we could start off with something a little close to home, you know. And while this one isn't exactly a good news article to bring up, it is good to see corruption be brought to light. Right.
Speaker 2: These are positive things.
Speaker 1: Now when you talk about something that is not so positive, okay, this is it's kind of a disgusting thing that.
Speaker 2: Happened in Palm Springs.
Speaker 1: I don't know if anybody has heard about this one, Okay, authority say suspect in California fertility clinic car bombing left behind and anti pro life writings. Okay, So for anybody who doesn't know, there was a in vitro fertility clinic in Palm Springs in an upscale area of California. Well the area was upscale anyway. This it's in the middle of the desert. I mean, take there what you want. But apparently this twenty five year old dude decided to make a car bomb and I'm not I need to say on the live he decided to use himself as the detonator.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: He believed that babies shouldn't be born without giving their express consent. You heard me, right, as I said that basically he believes that humanity just needs to die, or believed past tense. He's no longer with us, but yes, as it is something that's happening in the US, I felt like it was our place to talk about it here. A twenty five year old man the FBI believes was responsible for an explosion that ripped through a southern California's fertility clinic left behind an anti pro life writings before carrying out the attack. Investigators called terrorism Authority said on Sunday, Guy Edward Bartcuss of twenty nine Palms, California, which there's a Marine Corps base out there and it sucks. So, I mean, this guy grew up there. I can only imagine it sucks was identified by the FBI as the suspect in the apparent car bombing detonation Saturday. The damaged the clinic in an upscale city of Palm Springs in the desert east of Los Angeles. His writing seemed to indicate anti natalist views, which hold that people should not continue to procreate. This guy was an absolute nut job. The blast gutted the American Reproductive Center's fertility clinic and shattered the windows of a nearby building, along with palm tree line streets.
Speaker 2: Witnesses described allow boom.
Speaker 1: Followed by a chaotic scene with people screaming in terror as glass strewn across the sidewalk in street. Investigators said Barcas died in the blast, which a senior FBI official call possibly the largest bombing scene that we've had in southern California. A body was found near the charred vehicle outside the clinic. They believe that was Barcas. Barcus attempted to live stream the explosion and left behind writings that communicated nihilistic ideations that were still being examined to determine his state of mind, said Akil Davis, the Assistant director in charge of FBI's Los Angeles Field office. US Attorney Ballal bill Asali god, I hope I'm pronouncing that right. The top federal prosecutor in the area called the message anti pro life. This was a targeted attack against the IVF facility. Make no mistake, we are treating this, as I said yesterday, as an intentional act of terrorism.
Speaker 2: I don't know the writings. I haven't read the manifesto.
Speaker 1: To be terroristic, it has to be for political or to achieve some sort of a political goal, or to get a political message across to say, pro life is political. So I could see that like the guy who the Catholic guy who blew up the abortion clinic. Yeah, terrorist, I get it, anti pro life and blowing up a fertility clinic. I don't know. Maybe his manifesto was like overtly politically biased, or this guy was just a twenty five year old nut job who wanted to offer himself and make it seem like the most grandiose spectacle he could come up with. So this happened now. Thankfully no one else died as a result of this kid's stupidity.
Speaker 2: There were four other people that were injured.
Speaker 1: However, the building was pretty tore up, but all things considered, he was the only victim of his own idiocracy. Authorities that were executing a surge hoarrant in twenty nine Palms, the city of twenty eight thousand residents about fifty miles north east of Home Springs, as part of the investigation. He said, thank god, today happened to be the day that we have no patience. Doctor Mara Abdallah, who leads the clinic, told the Associated Press in a phone interview Saturday. Yeah, there was no patience in the clinic, so thankfully no one else is injured except the dumbass, which I guess, you know, you get what you deserve. As far as that's concerned, I don't really understand it, and I don't think this is some sort of a microcosm. I saw other articles that were trying to say that this is a microcosm for what this younger generation believes. He's a twenty five year old nut job, and they were saying that could this be a new sentiment felt by all of these young twenty something year olds, that all of them think that no kid should be born and we just all need to die and all these things. I know multiple people in their early twenties, and none of them feel this way about it.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it was a microcosm.
Speaker 1: Either way.
Speaker 2: It goes the guy committed the act.
Speaker 1: This is them cleaning up the wreckage from the fertil clinic. Thank god nobody else was injured, but it is a thing that did take place. Now, let's talk a little bit about the New Orleans prison escape that took place.
Speaker 2: Now, I didn't want to pull.
Speaker 1: Up the article that talked about you know, there's a few days old article, and they kept saying how many of them were still at large and all of these things. Didn't exactly want to talk about that because I found an article that's as up to date as I could find it as time for recording. But I did want to go down the rundown of the timeline of the jail break. So here's the rundown. At ten thirty pm Central time on Thursday May fifteenth, the night before the escape, the jail was placed on lockdown, according to the Sheriff's Office Orleans, Paari Sheriff Susan Hudson later told reporters her agency had been asking local officials for years for millions of dollars of funding to upgrade faulty locks on cell doors, so we're already off to a grade start here. In the early pre dawn hours of Friday, May sixteenth, no sheriff's deputy was assigned to the part of the jail where the escaped inmates were incarcerated, and a civilian worker monitoring the area had briefly stepped away to get food. According to the Sheriff's office, around twelve twenty two am, a surveillance camera captured several inmates out of their cells forcing open another cell sliding door. According to the Sheriff's office, all right, I don't know if it's gonna let.
Speaker 2: Me play this video it did earlier.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, dang, it's not gonna only play the video.
Speaker 1: They basically show the video right here of these dudes just basically racking the door over and over again until it finally opened up.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It's not like these were some criminal masterminds that set about to do this crazy Shawshank redemption style prison escape. Not at all. They basically just rocked this door until it came off and then they all took off out.
Speaker 2: The back by about twelve forty three am.
Speaker 1: So twelve twenty two they're trying to get the doors open twelve forty three, multiple inmates had entered the cell that they were trying to access, according to the Sheriff's Office. Inside the cell, the inmates were moved a combination of sink toilet from the wall and of the cell and created a hole in the wall. According to the Affidavid, they were able to sell steal bars behind the seal cells sink, per the Affidavid, So this is what it was supposed to look like. They basically just broke this out. So that's good things for them, you know. They able to make their escape with the water being turned off. The inmates were able to successfully make good on their escapes. Louisiana Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Michael Moore wrote in the Affidavid. If the inmates removed the sink in the cell and disconnected the rest of the plumbing with the water still on, the plan to escape would not have been successful and potentially flooded the cell, drawing attention to their actions. Yeah, well they found a way to turn it off. At about one am, another surveillance camera captured the inmates fleeing the building through a loading dock. According to the Sheriff's office, the group then went down a perimeter road toward a new.
Speaker 2: Part of the facility that's under construction.
Speaker 1: At about one nineteen am, the inmates were seen climbing the fence separating the jail from the construction site. According to the Sheriff's office, the inmates used blankets to protect themselves from the bar wire on the fence. Traffic camera captured the inmates dashing across I ten and entering a nearby neighborhood Sheriff's Office investigators found discarded clothing in the neighborhoods that believed to have belonged to the inmates. At eight thirty am, the inmates disappearance was discovered during a routine headcount, and the jails leadership was told of the escape at eight thirty five.
Speaker 2: According to them, the alarm spurled spurred.
Speaker 1: Jail staff to search the facility, and investigation looked through the surveillance video footage. All right, so real quick, eight thirty eight thirty five is when they finally were like understood that they escaped and they had left the building at let's see here, what was that time? Around one am? So they had a solid seven and a half hour head start.
Speaker 2: Okay, shortly before ten am, surveillance footage for.
Speaker 1: A nonprofit CA crime camera organization captured inmate Kendall Miles twenty on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. Yeah, straight up, he escaped. First thing he did was go to Bourbon Street. I can't say that I support that. You know, I've never been in prison. I've never escaped prison. But it seems like you would not want to go now, I mean, maybe hiding in Playton site. Maybe that was his idea. I don't know. Authorities capture Miles around eleven thirty am. So he was out there breathing the free air for about three hours, all right, dude. Louisiana State patri State Police said troopers spotted him in the French Quarter and chased him on foot. According to the Sheriff's office, he was found hiding under a car at a hotel parking garage. All right, So they go down the list of some of them that they had captured. But that's also a slightly older article that was just it gave a really good timeline of the chain of events as they took place. So as of now, we still have a few that are on the run. After nearly a weekek of no inmate arrest from May sixteenth Orleans Parish jail escape, three of the men who broke out of the facility were apprehended outside New Orleans metro on Memorial Day. The manhunt has now cross state lines, with multiple agencies aiding in the latest arrests. Two men, Antoine Massey and Derrick Groves remain at large as of Tuesday morning. These are the three that were arrested on Memorial Day. Baton Rouge Police said Van Buren was arrested sitting on a bench near a department store following an anonymous.
Speaker 2: Tip, Oh is this where the video is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? This is the video? All right, so y'll check this in out. This is pretty cool. Well, I mean not cool, you know what I'm saying. It's cool that we have the ability to see this. So that's them trying to jam the door open. And like they said, they have been begging for years to get more funding. Now, granted, I understand that every department is asking for more funding, every prison is saying that they need more funding. But yo, if you got faulty locks that are this bad to where no, no, no, no. Legitimately, they could just break open the cells whenever they want. We need better locks, Like, yeah, yeah, I get it. Let's see if we can fast forward a little bit here. Yep, there they go. They finally get it an open and has them taking off out the back. Go ahead, there, Royce.
Speaker 4: I just have a quick question, so A, so if this got caught on camera, A, where are the guards there. They should be like actively looking at this shit. Second of all, from watching all these documentaries and shit about prison in jail, there should be a lot of cops. There should be counts to make sure the inmates are there at a certain point in time. There's literally no reason why they should have gone seven hours without knowing, like this should have been like an immediate thing.
Speaker 1: You would think, you would think, but apparently the only one that was on duty was a I think they said, like a civilian contractor or something that was there and he had left to go get some food. So yeah, now I agree with you one hundred percent. There's multiple reasons why they should have never happened. Yet here we are. It's insane to me. They legitimately went seven and a half hours of a jump start, and granted some of them were caught relatively quickly.
Speaker 2: Some of them made their way to Texas. There are those.
Speaker 1: That ate in and abedded in getting some of these guys out of the state.
Speaker 2: There's two as these.
Speaker 1: Are the ten gentlemen, as a matter of fact, that all escaped the prison. It says right here Patricia van Buren, she's eighteen, and Tyshanna Randolph twenty seven were arrested on Saturday and booked in the Plaquamin Parish jail on counts of accessories after the fact.
Speaker 2: They're accused of driving one.
Speaker 1: Of the escapees from Louisiana to a family member's house in Mississippi, according to court documents, So some of these guys are smart enough to get to family members, get to cars, and you know, try to high tail it out of the state. Most of them have been caught. But of these ten, I believe it's these two gentlemen here that are still at large. That's now Van Buren. And where was the other one, Groves? Derrick Groves. I think they said he's the one that's still at large as of now. Not trying to spend a whole lot of time on it, but I mean, it's not very often we hear about a sizeable prison break, especially out of New Orleans, so I thought it was worth mentioning. Okay, Now, it is not very often that we hear Elon go against something that Donald Trump is trying to push. However, as Elon is kind of stepping away from the lead role in DOGE and as Trump is trying to push his big, beautiful Bill I find it interesting that Elon is saying that this kind of negates all the work that Doge has done up until this point. Let's listen in.
Speaker 3: I'm Matt Gelica in Washington. Elon Musk is publicly breaking with the president in the White House over one of Donald Trump's top priorities, the Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 5: I think a bill can be big or it can be beautiful.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it could be both.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk, the billionaire White House advisor who was a fixture of the first four months or so of Donald Trump's second term, is publicly breaking with the administration on the Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 5: I was like disappointed to see the massive spending bill, frankly, which increases the Budge depsit not doesn't decrease it, and that reminds the work that the Dosee team is doing.
Speaker 3: Musk's criticism comes as he's taken a step back from government work after high profile public backlash to Doze's work of trying to downsize the federal government. Doze rapidly cut staff, programs and entire agencies since it was established earlier this year. The Trump backed bill contains a number of the president's priorities, but also carries an estimated two to four trillion dollar price tag to pay for some the proposals, including extending twenty seventeen tax cuts, defense spending, and more money for immigration issues.
Speaker 1: The reactions a lot of things. Number One, we have to get a lot of votes. We can't be cutting you know. We need to get a lot of support, and we have a lot of support.
Speaker 3: Musk isn't the only ones speaking out about the bill that barely passed the House last week. Republican senators have voice concerns over the potential added national debt the legislation might bring, and those concerns could be enough to stall the bill's progress.
Speaker 4: I think we have enough to stop the process and tell the President gets serious about spending reduction and reducing the death sit.
Speaker 3: In a different interview with The Washington Post, Musk defended Doje's work while admitting trimming the bureaucracy was tougher than he thought it'd be. He also told the Post Doze turned into the whipping boy for everything in Washington. House Speaker Mike Johnson tweeted praise for DOJ's work on Wednesday, and also a plan to make dojes cuds permanent. But those cuts can't be made in the current Big Beautiful Bill Reckons package. They'd need to come through different budget processes.
Speaker 1: Okay, now let's kind of go into a portion of that Big Beautiful Bill. There are some people that love it, some people that hate it. I haven't really read it all the way through, so I can't really speak much on it. But something that is being talked about with the Big Beautiful Bill is funding for the Golden Dome. Right, the missile protection plan that Trump wants to put on the continental US.
Speaker 2: It's rather large, I get it.
Speaker 1: But he has been saying for quite some time that he would like to have something similar to Israel's Iron Dome in America and wants called the Golden Dome. And when he said this, you know, most countries kind of stayed out of it. Who has an issue with the country wanting to defend themselves even better? But I find it interesting that now that it has come through to fruition and this Big Beautiful Bill has the funding to make it real, China has stepped up and says that they do not like it. This is ABC News. Trump's gold Dome risks weaponization of space. China says, all right, let's get into this, because China is trying to do everything they can to dissuade Trump from putting up the Golden Dome. Why why would China care that we have the ability to protect ourselves against missiles hitting us?
Speaker 2: I find it interesting.
Speaker 1: And as we go into this article and we listen to China's reasons for this, it doesn't make sense. It doesn't make them look good at all. It kind of makes them look petty. But let's check it out here. So this is the Chinese Foreign Ministry accused Donald Trump of undermining global strategic balance and stability by pushing ahead on his Golden Dome missile defense shield program, and urges the US to abandon the project. They're saying that this makes us too safe. They don't like how it's not equal the balance and stability because everybody's got this whole mutually assured distrust actually understanding when it comes to who's a nuclear power and who's not. Now, everybody who's listening to me talk about this before knows that I think it's a really retarded talking point. No one's launching nukes, no one is, even if you have them, yeah, that makes you a nuclear power. You're not going to launch nuclear bombs. You have the ability to, but that would be a suicide for yourself. Everyone understands this. It's never gonna happen. But somehow US setting this up makes us imbalanced and disproportionately better defended than China, who is another nuclear nation. And for the record, they're the only ones speaking up saying that this is a bad idea for us.
Speaker 2: Again, I find this side. But let's keep going here.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Trump and Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth announced the project in the Oval Office briefing on Tuesday, confirming reports that the administration was seeking to establish a missile defense umbrella. The presidents said would be capable of intercepting missiles even if they are launched from the other side of the world, and even if they are launched from space. Again, I love this personally. I don't know why we haven't put this in place sooner, but anyway, the project will cost around one hundred and seventy five billion dollars and be operational in three years, Trump said.
Speaker 2: Chinese Foreign Ministry spoke to Mail.
Speaker 1: Mao Ning probably mispronouncing it, but you know it's China, soa whatever toll reporters at a Wednesday briefing that the proposed shield will heighten the risk of turning the space into a war zone and creating a space arms race and shake the international security and arms control system, according to a readout posted on the ministry's website. So, I'm gonna go ahead and take a little second here, did we or did we not have the forming of the Space Force because and I quote, space is a war fighting front according to our current president. So I feel like it's possible, possible China might now be getting the point. It's interesting that he said literally that four years ago, and now China's saying that this is going to turn space into a war zone, creating a space arms race. Mm hmmm, this would be the point, Thank you, China. It plans to expand the US arsenal of means for combat operations in outer space, including R and D and deployment of an orbital interception system. I love it. That gives the project a specific offensive nature and violates the principle of peaceful use in outer space. It excuse me, the principle of peaceful Use in the Outer Space Treaty. She added, referring to the nineteen sixty seven Agreement, which, among other things, prohibited the use of nuclear weapons in space and limited any usage of all celestial bodies for peaceful purposes. The Golden Dome is not putting nuclear weapons in space. That's not what it's doing at all. Actually, it's putting deterrents that can shoot down nuclear weapons, and you're able to shoot them down. Instead of from land going up and hitting a missile, you're able to shoot it down with a satellite. That it's not launching a nuke at a nuke. It's launching a rocket at a nuke. I don't see how that breaks any kind of treaty, if anything, that keeps peace. That's just my perspective. This is yet another American first initiative that puts the US in absolute security above all else. Now continued again, I think they're arriving at the point it violates the principle of undiminished security for all and will hurt global strategic balance and stability. She said.
Speaker 2: China is gravely concerned.
Speaker 1: We urge the US to give up deploying, excuse me, to give up developing and deploying global anti missile systems and take concrete actions to enhance strategic trust between major countries and uphold global strategic stability. I don't see this as breaking any kind of global treaty in any way, shape or form. I know, I'm American, so I have a little bit of a bias when it comes to this. I get that. But how does us making sure that we can defend ourselves against any and all threats hurt someone else?
Speaker 2: Like intrinsically? That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: But yep, it sounds like China's kind of kind of having a little cry baby moment about this. And let's keep in mind, this is right on the heels of China announcing that they are creating a nuclear power plant on the dark side of the moon. Now. I don't know if that's a true thing or not. That's what they are saying that they are doing currently, So as far as having anything nuclear in space, just from my own little perspective here, it sounds kind of what's the word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's move on. Let's move on anyway.
Speaker 1: Trump began calling for a US missile defense shield inspired by Israel's Iron Dome, which is used to intercept short range projectiles a year ago on the campaign trail after watching Israel and its Western allies defeat some three hundred missiles and drones fired during an attack from Iran. The attack was thwarted by a range of anti missile systems and military aircraft. Military officials said at the time that they hadn't expressed the need for such comprehensive shields to defend the US.
Speaker 2: Critics of Trump's eye to defend the US.
Speaker 1: Critics of Trump's plan noted that the US wasn't under the threat from its neighbors Canada and Mexico, and is buffered by two oceans. I mean, it's very true. We are in a very prime location as far as making sure that our borders are secure from threats, but apparently not secure from illegals. But anyway, the Golden Dome project has echoes of a failed Cold War era Star Wars program. Yeah, Reagan was all about that. He wanted he wanted to put lasers on satellites to shoot down enemy aircraft. The scientists had to tell him, sir, we don't have that technology.
Speaker 2: Reagan was just not listening to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if anybody was to look that up operations Star Wars, it's pretty hilarious. Reagan was ranting and raving, saying basically doctor Evil style, I want freaking laser beams on my freaking satellites. And the scientists had to straight up come and tell him, sir, sir, we don't have that. We don't have lasers that can do that.
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, we do, I know we do. We deaf for got layers we could put on them satellites. No, no, mister President, that's not a science that we act. No one on earth can do that at this moment. You're I think you're mixing movies in reality. And he just refused to.
Speaker 1: Acknowledge that until until they realized how expensive the project was gonna be. And Reaganomics wasn't exactly panning out the way he wanted in the time frame that he wanted either way, which likewise sought to introduce defense umbrella against nuclear capable ballistic missiles. At the time, critics, including leaders in the Soviet Union, said such a project was both unworkable and could spark a new arms race. Okay, So with that being said, just so we're all all on the same sheet of music here. Okay, As Trump is talking about creating the Iron Dome, it's gonna be a combination thing. There's gonna be a land element and there's gonna be a satellite element. Essentially, if any hypothetical nuclear missile was to come towards America, we could shoot it down either by air or from the I hones sphere of stratosphere, whatever sphere the satellite's rolling. I'm not an expert on this, I'm not NASA, right, but they'll be able to shoot it down from the upside or from the downside, okay, And they're not doing it with nukes. There's a couple of different methods that I've seen proposed. Some of it is with lasers, some of it is with rockets in their own rights, whatever the case is, it's not putting a weapon in space. It's putting a shield in space, a protection against weapons in space.
Speaker 2: China is the only.
Speaker 1: Country that has stepped up and said that this is not good and they really want us to not do this again, as they're currently building a nuclear power plant their words, not mine, on the dark side of the Moon and they're saying that we can't have anything nuclear in space. All I can really think of this time is donal trying. Don't trust China China is ass ho.
Speaker 2: I love that Malaysian gentlemen. I love him to death.
Speaker 1: Don trym don't trust China. China is ass ho. I think we need to just have that guy be our spirit animal inside of all of our hearts.
Speaker 2: That's just me here. Anyway, as we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about uh, silly things, right, military things and Asian things, I think it's worth mentioning that North Korea had a destroyer that they tried to launch, but because they suck it sunk to the bottom of the sea, they tried doing it like a sideways launch rather than a straightforward launch. It'll make more sense when I read the article and I got some satellite imagery. Satellite photos over North Korea revealed Kim's partially sunken new warship. Let's dive in new satellite imagery offers a detailed look at the North Korean destroyer damaged in a failed launch that infuriated Kim Jong un shocker, who was present during the incident. The five thousand ton warship appears to be keeled over stuck on a sideway in the yeah. Stuck on a sideway in the northeast city of chung Jin, Chong, jan I don't know, uh, and maybe partially submerged analysis to say why it matters. The destroyer is the second to be constructed following the launch of the Cho Yon, which North Korea unveiled with much acclaim in late April and which has since become a begun weapons systems testing. So this is what this area looked like before the ship crashed. Right over here is where the ship was docked. That's it right here, This is it now, And in an attempt to try to hide it from satellite, they went out and covered it with blue tarps. Essentially, if I could use a visual representation on this one, all right, for everybody who can't see you know, I'm gonna go ahead and stop sharing the screen for just a moment so I can make this point. Then we'll go back to it. So let's say that this was the ship. Okay, This the front side, This the backside. There's a couple of different ways you could launch a ship out of port right.
Speaker 2: To commission it.
Speaker 1: If it's a smaller ship, they'll do it from the sideways. We've seen videos where they'll they'll straight up, let it tip over and slide into the ocean. That way, fine. Cool. If it's too long of a ship, typically they'll go straight down a ramp into the water this way. Okay. This ship apparently was too long to do the sideways method, but they didn't think about that, so they tried doing the sideways method. It got hung up, one of the skids got caught, one of the sides went down way too low, one of the sides stayed way too up, and it sunk.
Speaker 2: It absolutely sunk to the bottom of.
Speaker 1: The uh of the bay there, and it took them like a week to dredge it up enough and pump enough water out to get it back at least on the upside of the water. Then they go out and just start covering it with tarps because nothing to see here. Totally nothing to see here, y'all. This is their second destroyer. That's it's it's sad, it's embarrassing. Before I go back to read the article, real quick, let me see how every guy, everybody's doing in the chat, real quick. What's up? What's up? Hey?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: What a retail? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I agree, Alex, I agree, another one bites the dust?
Speaker 1: Agreed?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Merlin. Merlin is in the chat tonight as well, Thank you. For joining. Uh, let's see here, Sterling Williams, Oh, this is about the the New Orleans case. Thank you for bringing it up, Raven Lee. Sterling Williams thirty three claimed that he was coerced by an inmate who threatened to stab him if he didn't disable the water supply to a toilet, enabling the inmate to remove it and access a hole in the wall behind it. The breach allowed them to escape the facility. Yeah, I mean that sounds about right. In prison, if you don't do something, you get stabbed. And sure, sure, fair enough. And then Tony says, Mao Ning is actually related to Mao Zedong if I'm not mistaken. Now I'm not an expert of the Chinese language, but isn't they do last names first, right, So Mao Zedong and Mao Ning, that's like maw would be the surname, if I'm not mistaken. And then usually when they come to America, they anglicize it and they put their last name at the back where we put it.
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so yeah, that's a at least somehow related to Malozedong, which is wild. But yeah, all right, I'm gonna go back to sharing the screen at this time, and let's read more about the North Korean ship debacle. Uh. The Kim regime has stepped up efforts to modernize its armed forces, including its United Nations sanctioned nuclear weapons program and ballistic missile fleet, citing provocations by the US and Washington, South Korean and Japanese allies. Now what to know. During Thursday's launch, the destroyer became stuck after the transport cradle beneath the stern section slid off, according to the state run Korean.
Speaker 2: Central News Agency.
Speaker 1: Images supplied by Newsweek two Newsweek by the US commercial satellite for firm Planet confirmed the ship was resting in an awkward position at chung Jin Humbuck Shipyard Thursday. Again, I'm probably mispronouncing it, but they're North Korean, so whatever partially covered up by blue tarpullians to mask the damage. So that is it. Now. Korea's latest naval destroyer has been significantly damaged prior to its launch. In a rare acknowledgment, North Korea's state news agency reported yesterday an incident occurred with a new destroyer which was close to being launched. So yeah, they basically just covered it up with all of these tarps to just hide it from the public eye, and that totally didn't highlight it or anything. A high definition image cat captured by the German based Airbus Defense in Space shows the vessel listing heavily to starboard. Vessel now covered but angle, consistent with reporting Bobow got stuck on sideway slideway. Rather, it is likely the vessel may be on its side or at least partially submerged. Joseph Dipsey, Research Associate for Defense and Military Analysis at the International Institute of Strategic Studies wrote on x North Korea's admission of failure is rare but would have likely been undeniable once the satellite imagery revealed the extent of the serious accident. He added, so, of course Kim Jong is going to say that this was criminal negligence, and I'm sure everybody's bloodline that had anything to do with this are going to be in a work camp for the rest of their lives. But we shall see. In a Friday update on the preliminary investigation, the North Koreans said the damage had been deemed not serious. The ship's hull had not been pierced as initially reported, and authorities estimated it would take two or three days to rebalance the vessel by pumping out seawater from a flooded chamber. Experts predicted it would take ten odd days to fully restore the damaged side of the hull. We shall see, because that was almost a week ago and that ship is still under tarps as we speak. The Korean news agency reported YEP respected Comrade Kim Jong un made a stern assessment, saying that it was a serious accident and a criminal act caused by sheer carelessness, irresponsibility and unscientific empiricism, which should never occur and could not be tolerated. Sure Sure. Uh SADARVKSEA, senior research fellow at London based Royal United Services Institute think Tank, was quoted on x saying the Chokeyun class represents North Korea's ambitious naval project to date, and its construction was a departure from practice for a navy historically focused on its literals.
Speaker 2: Laterals. I think it's supposed to be something else here. What happens next.
Speaker 1: CAM has called for the destroyer to be restored as soon as possible, setting a deadline for completion ahead of the key June meeting of the Workers Party of Korea's Central Committee. According to the news agency, he stressed that the issue was not only a practical one, but also a political matter tied to state prestige. It's your second destroyer, and the prestige of North Korea is not exactly viewed by anybody other than North Koreans. But okay. In a speech he delivered in late April, the leader announced plans to begin construction of additional warships in twenty twenty six, including a cruiser in various escort vessels. Okay. So yeah, as you're just working through the Asiatic area, I couldn't. I could not just talk about this well snafu that happened with North Korea. But while we are on the Asian continent, let's talk about the ceasefire agreement that seems to be holding right now between Pakistan and India. Now, Tony, you had said that you didn't think that this was gonna lead to a World War three or any kind of major conflict. Very similarly, because Pakistan and India have done this essentially a few times in the past few decades, I didn't know exactly how I was gonna go. I think that this got a little more ramped up than the other skirmishes in the past have gotten, and I was thinking that it had potential to maybe go to run the gambit, if you will. However, according to CNN, here missiles, drones, and airstrikes until a sudden ceasefire. How Pakistan and India agreed to an uneasy truce New Delhi and Islama's Bad. India and Pakistan engaged in the most intense fighting in decades, with four days of escalating conflict that included fighter jets, missiles, and drones packed with explosives, and ended almost as abruptly as it began.
Speaker 2: New details reveal how a flurry of cell phone calls or.
Speaker 1: I said, I should say, just phone calls and diplomacy ultimately brought about a truce between the nuclear armed neighbors and historic foes. And while the Indian and Pakistani accounts differ on some details, both sides agreed the breakthrough started to come on Saturday afternoon. The ceasefire between Islamabad and New Delhi, which according to Pakistani officials, had been the Indie works for several days was agreed to after a quote unquote hotline message was sent from a top Pakistani military official to his Indian counterpart, India's military said Sunday, offering new details about how the unexpected deal was struck. In a briefing Sunday, India's Director General of Military Operations said that is as officials were huddling Saturday, quote unquote to wargame the early morning strikes from Pakistan, he received a mess from his counterpart in Pakistan seeking communications. Pakistan's military confirmed Sunday that it reached out, but said it contacted intermediaries regarding a ceasefire with India. It did not specify which countries, although a Pakistani official involved in the talks told CNN it was the United States making the important call Saturday. I mean, I don't find this to be odd. Honestly, I could see another country taking charge of that, though it wouldn't have shocked me to hear that Britain or Germany or Katar, let's go way off the beaten path here. Qatar is also currently seen as like the meeting ground for people of differing backgrounds. It wouldn't shock me if the UAE had called and said Hey man, let's have a little talk about negotiating here. But lo and behold, Donnie T strikes again and he according to them, not us. Them is the reason why the ceasefire has taken place. So let's talk more about it here. During the call all hailed at three thirty five pm local time, a ceasefire agreement was reached. According to India's Director General of Military Operations, Lieutenant General Rajeev guy Gahai. I don't know, I don't speak Hindy. They said a further call would be hailed to discuss the modalities that would enable the longevity of the agreement. Pakistan has not confirmed whether or not the call was hailed, but the official involvement of the diplomatic efforts said Pakistan have received unspecified assurances from the US that India would abide by the ceasefire. I could see that personally, as especially as more and more manufacturing and more and more deals are being struck outside of China and in favor of India. If the US called and said listen, I got them, I will make sure that they keep the ceasefire. If you can make sure you keep up your end of it and like it seems like it worked. So far, so good, Aniwen. The latest details of the agreement was reached with the first announced by the US President Trump give the clearest picture yet of how Islamabad and New Delhi directly communicated to agree to an end of the spiraling conflict amid growing international pressure on the truth social on his truth Social app, Trump said Saturday the US had brokened and into the fighting and congratulated the leaders of both countries for using common sense and great intelligence. While Islamabad praised the US involvement, New Delhi has downplayd keen to portray the ceasefire as a victory and saying that the neighbors had worked together directly on the truce. India's Director General of Military Operations Gehai I'm guessing I'm saying that right, said. India approached Islamabad on Wednesday, following its initial strikes to communicate our compulsions to strike at the heart of terror. India made a request which was not specified that was brusquely turned down bruskally. I don't know what that word's supposed to mean, or if that was the type of turned down with an intimidation that a severe response was inevitable and the uh and in the offing again, I feel like that's a typo or maybe there's like a weird translatory.
Speaker 6: They got this British English thing going. But you know those are actual expressions, believe it or not. Brusquely, yeah, bruskly means you know, kind of rudely or curtly. And in the offing I didn't know this untill a few years ago. It just means in the near future.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is like British Shakespearean English that Americans just didn't get.
Speaker 1: And that would make sense because India was a part of the British Empire for so long. Okay, I get it now, all right, So this is just British is British English, the King's English, as they would say. Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Indians requested a ceasefire after the eighth and ninth of May, after they started their operation. We told them that we will communicate back after our retribution, Pakistan Lieutenant General Ahmad Sharif Chawdry said during a news conference on Sunday. Huh, I didn't know Chawdrey was a Pakistani name. I served with the Chawdry due was an absolute beast. He was one of the body bears. I think he weighed like two seventy five of solid muscle. Like the dude was an absolute fire truck with the blues blouse on. It was insane. After Pakistan's military operation, we reached the international more of this language interlucturs that we responded to the ceasefire request. Speaking on Wednesday, after India's initial strikes, the Pakistani official involved in diplomacy efforts said Pakistan was engaged with the US and that he hoped those conversations would bring positive results.
Speaker 2: Well, I would think that they as of this.
Speaker 1: Very moment, have Again, we will see if this keeps up here. It says just before eight am Easter your time on Saturday, about five pm in India and Pakistan, Trump announced the ceasefire on truth social writing, after a long night of talks mediated by the United States, I am pleased to announce that India and Pakistan have agreed to a full and immediate ceasefire. Shortly after Trump's post, both sides confirmed the truths. India's Foreign ministry said the agreement was worked out directly between the two countries, downplaying the US involvement, of course, but Pakistani officials heaped praise on Washington. This is a direct quote. We thank President Trump for his leadership and proactive role for peace in the region. Okay, that's from the Prime minister. A Pakistani source familiar with the negotiations told CNN that the US and Rubio in particular, was instrumental in striking the deal, painting a picture of talks that were in doubt, with trust and at a low ebb and missiles attacks from India only abating in a final few hours before the truce was confirmed. It's not surprising these bitter rivals give contradictory accounts of how the deal was struck. India, which views itself as a regional superpower, has long been resistant of international mediation, whereas Pakistan, which is heavily dependent on foreign aid, tends to welcome it.
Speaker 2: Analysis say, yeah, that's very true too.
Speaker 1: It's not like Pakistan is like in the best of graces with US or vice versa. It's not like we're exactly tight as hell. They're very tight with China in a economic resolve. I think they're okay with a lot of people, but they absolutely rely on foreign aid to you know, survive India does not. India does not, So it makes sense that India, being very proud people would say that it was by their own works and by their own abilities.
Speaker 2: To deal that this ceasefire was created.
Speaker 1: Pakistan, on the other hand, is like, man, thank you Trump and Rubio. We couldn't have done it without you, So hey, nobody. I don't know who's trying to take credit for it. I can guarantee that Trump is gonna use this as yet another feather in his cap either way it goes. Pakistan and India are currently at peace. Now, will this last? Will it happen again in another five years? Whatever's gonna I mean, who's to say. Who's to say? But at this moment, I think it's a good little way to put a bow on that now, as we are still talking about that side of the world here, I think it's worth mentioning that there is a siege that is currently mounting up and underway in mogad Shue. Yeah, get ready, y'all, if America gets involved, we might have a black hog down two point zero in our hands. Uh Shabab's deadliest offensive in months pushes towards Mogadishue, Mogadishu itself is speaking on this Shabab militants. I'm probably mispronouncing Shabab shabba Ab. I don't know. I don't speak Islam. Militants have launched their most aggressive offensive in months, storing multiple towns across central Somalia and exposing weaknesses in the government's counterinsurgency strategy. The al Qaeda affiliate group briefly seized key locations, including Balkad, just thirty kilometers from Mogadishue, before federal forces counteracted it or I'm sorry counterattacks. The The tax, which began on Friday or excuse me February twentieth, targeted federal troops and clan militias in the middle of Chabelle and Hran regions, stretching government resources. Then Shabbab claims responsibility for at least nine assaults across multiple towns, asserting it had killed dozens of pro government fighters and temporarily occupied strategic locations.
Speaker 2: The offensive began with a coordinated.
Speaker 1: Assault on El Alai l Ali Ahmed Ali fool deer. Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but I also do not speak the language, so I'm going to butcher these names. It's gonna sound like I'm doing it on purpose and being unronic. I'm not trying to be cheeky. I just don't understand how you can have that many vowels next to each other, or that many consonants next to each other and make sounds with it. I only speak the American English. I apologize fooled here. I'll cole Sar and all Rannums Yep town spanning southern Haran and northern Middle Shabelle. The Somali government initially stated that its forces and ma Al Waalse clan militias repelled the attackers, killing more than one hundred and thirty militants. The US Africa Command or Afrikaans as commonly known, also conducted air strikes targeting Shabab positions. It makes sense that they would do that, seeing as how they're in al Qaeda affiliate. You know, we're down with that, or we're down with bombing the hell out of that, I should say. However, Shabam countered these claims with photographic evidence of its fighters inside Al Casar and Dora on Amica. While government forces reasserted control over some areas, the militant group's ability to penetrate defensive positions raised concerns about the effectiveness of security measures. On February twenty first, heavy clashes erupted at Al baraf and in the middle of the Shabab region. So as we're seeing, it's a timeline here, right, we're getting February, we got March right here. US airstrikes have been effective in disrupting Shabab's advances, but ground forces remain overstretched. Without reinforcements and a renewed offense of the Somali government could lose more ground in the coming months. Now, this is not the article that I had pulled up earlier. I'm not gonna lie to you. This is March fourth. From what I just saw, the town of Mogadishu is currently under siege.
Speaker 2: As in, they.
Speaker 1: Pulled up about two days ago and tried to let the people know that they need to leave. Now most people can't because they have nowhere to go. So the town is currently under siege by this Shabba Abs forces. It's not a pretty site for the locals, and I hope that America gets involved with this. But again, can America be the world police or can we not? Every time we do world police things. People beg for it, and then as soon as we get boots on the ground, they ask us why do we always have to be the world police? And we get shit on.
Speaker 2: So I don't exactly know what people want from us at this time.
Speaker 1: I know that Trump hasn't taken a necessarily isolationist approach as far as the military is concerned. I know that he is way more in the regards of wanting to keep everybody at home rather than deploying two theaters of war and combat that have nothing to do with us. So I don't know what to expect. I would hope that you in peace forces could maybe send out some aid in this regard, as they tried to do with Somalia when we had to send our own troops in there but UN already had a fighting force in the area. I would hope that the UN could step up and handle their own business on this one.
Speaker 2: That would be ideal.
Speaker 1: Anyway, before I get to the next article, let me come check out the chat to see if anybody has shared anything else.
Speaker 10: That is so, I was looking more into the whole nuclear reactor thing on the Moon tank. Yeah, and apparently what they're going to try to use for fuel is these crystals called helium three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, age three, which is the And I know that there's people that claim that humans have never been to the Moon. However, they have brought back a chemical that we allegedly can't reproduce on Earth, and that's what they're going to try to use the fuel source for the nuclear reactors on the Moon because the Moon is loaded with age three. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I thought that was super fascinating.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, so helium is an amazing fuel source in a regard helium three is a even more stable and I don't know all of the chemical compounds, so like the yield of it being burned as a fuel source or whatever else. But from the very limited research I've done on it, because it's been years, essentially it could be used to power anything that would require combustion. Now I don't know how you're gonna get combustion where there's no oxygen present. I don't know this, or if there's a way to use H three without combustion, maybe friction would make it happen, or I have no idea. I have no idea what China's plans are for this, but by their own admission not a conspiracy theory. There's a bunch of people out there saying it's all fake because the Moon is fake and space is fake. I'm not one of those people. China landed that rover on the Moon, they have been mapping the dark side of it for a little while now, and their plan for the nuclear reactor on the other side of the moon, it doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: What's to gain? What are you trying to do with that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: If they're trying to use that as like a.
Speaker 1: Launch pad to go and explore deep Earth space, I guess I could imagine a world where that makes sense. But why would you need a nuclear reactor for that? If you have helium three, which could be its own fuel source to power your rockets once you got to the moon. And if I'm not mistake and they're using the nuclear plant to power the refining facility for the H three or a myle base here, what have you found on imrowin?
Speaker 10: I think you're on track with that one. I think they're trying to power a research lab. That's what I read though. Yuh, They're going to put a research facility on the Moon and use the nuclear reactor to power that. They also got to be wondering if they're going to try to farm some new materials, because sharing how you can only get H three on the Moon. What other materials could you make that you can only make in the vacuum of space.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I mean, I guess sky's the limit or the extent of space is the limit? Pardon me, I don't know. And that's there is so much controversy surrounding the lunar missions, and not just the one from sixty nine or the ones that burst into flames in our atmosphere and these things. Like I fine, I am somebody who is of the belief that humans have made it to the Moon. Now, maybe not that first go round. I think the whole, you know, Armstrong and Aldrin situation was to try to bankrupt the Soviet Union. That's just me though, Okay, But since then I believe we have made it there. I don't know how H three has allegedly naturally formed on the Moon in a vacuum of space. Don't know how hydrogen was able to crystallize. How did hydrogen get to the Moon in the first place in order to solidify in order to bond to other hydrogens to make a entirely new not new element, but I guess you could say a new compound that. I don't know if it's impossible to create on Earth, but I'm saying it wouldn't be. It's difficult to recreate on Earth if I'm not mistaken, like I'm sure with CERN and with other types of labs, you can, you know, basically rewrite the structure of an atom, but it's not sustainable here. I have no idea. But if that's true, and if there is an abundance of H three on the Moon, if they are able to refine it to be some sort of a fuel source, again, I don't know how you're burning it or how you're fueling something with it. And I don't know how nuclear fusion slash fission And I'm only saying slash Tony helped me out on this. I'm not sure which one is used in nuclear power. If it's fusion or fission or sometimes both, I don't know. But I don't understand how you're able to do that in space in the first place. Powering a lab would be dope and they could use that to like you said, Merlin, bring up more research into other elements that are found there, because all we've been told over the longest time is that the Moon is a barren wasteland of dust. And if that's not exactly true, what else isn't exactly true? And if they're able to refine the H three to a fuel source and somehow achieve to use them or get the ability to use the Moon as a launching platform, is it possible that China is trying to beat elon Musk to Mars. I see that is a potential conversation as well. I don't know what to make of it. Man, China space program has been laughable up until the past few years. And I'm not even saying it's like top notch Barty means but or it's not like equal to NASA at this moment. But how far off are they from being equal to I don't know? All right, So anyway, let us continue with these studies here. So we're gonna shift our attention over to the nation of Georgia. There is a law that they have been trying to pass for a good little while here, and apparently they are about to enact it. The public is pissed, so pissed, in fact, that there is rioting in the streets, and I'm not saying they're like tearing the country apart or anything like this, but I find it interesting that the public would be so concerned about this and of itself. So the foreign agent laws in Georgia, let's talk about it. In a recent contribution, this person argued for activating interim measures under Rule thirty nine of the European Court of Human Rights in cases of political persecution or prosecution rather such as that of Istanbul's mayor. This argument gains renewed urgency in light of Georgia's proposed foreign agent law. Indeed, as civil society organizations face the threat of criminal sanctions under the Foreign Agent's Law two point zero, a near copy and paste of the US Foreign Agents Registration Act FARA Rule thirty nine, could become their last remaining remedy. So let's talk about it here. The saga of Georgia's foreign agent laws began in twenty twenty three when Georgian dream introduced legislation forming CSOs receiving over twenty percent of foreign funding to register as foreign agents or face fines. The bill sparked mass protests, was hastily repealed and then brought back amid public outrage following the rigged parliamentary elections in October of twenty twenty four, which both the EU and the Council of Europe deemed neither the legitimate nor fair. The public protests and political crisis erupted once more. Five months on, Georgian Dream passed a second, far inspired version of the law, still without having enacted or repealed the original. It is set to come out come into force May thirty first, so in a day or two as of time of recording. Under the new law, directors of NGO's non government offices and media outlets risk criminal prosecution if the state claims they acted on behalf of a foreign principle and deliberately failed to register. Considering public statements by the Prime Minister of Georgia, it is hardly speculative to expect selective enforcement of the law against the most outspoken CSOs. And if the two foreign agent laws were not enough, recent amendments to the law on grants now also require donor organizations to obtain prior approval from the gd government than Georgian Georgian Democratic Government SURE or a designated agency before issuing any funding. Unlike the first foreign agent law, which dominated political discourse in twenty twenty three, current attacks on CSOs are unfolding more quietly and against the backdrop of a broader, faster, and more systematic dismantling of the rule of law and human rights.
Speaker 2: In the face of this escalation, the tools.
Speaker 1: Already embedded in the Acronym's jurisprudence offer a way forward. Rule thirty nine can and must be reactivated to protect CSOs from a consolidating autocratic autocratization. Yeah the ect HR's sobering experience with foreign agent laws, so the engagement with Russian foreign agent laws has been a sobering experience the eco defense. In Eco Defense, the Court issued its judgment eight years after the initial application was filed without separately addressing the Article eighteen claim of rights abused by the States. The result fell far short of a timely or adequate response to Russia's systemic efforts to dismantle civil society. The Court's failure to engage Art Article eighteen was particularly striking given that its proportionally proportionality excuse me analysis had already hinted at the court findings of a bad faith, As it noted, the government has not been able to show that those measures furthered the declared goal of increasing transparency. It would take another two years for the ECTCHR to explicitly acknowledge the extent to which foreign agents designation had been misconceived, misleading, or misused by Russian authorities. In a pretty sharp language, excuse me in pretty sharp language, the group stated that the labeling requirements were unrelated to the stated to the stated purpose of transparency and created instead an environment of forced self stigmatization bearing the hallmarks of a totalitarian regime. In twenty twenty five, the decision in Novaya Gazetta concerning the crackdown on dissent following Russia's invasion of Ukraine offering concurring Judge Pavli to an opportunity to reflect on these missed opportunities.
Speaker 2: There is a direct quote here paragraph fifteen.
Speaker 1: With the benefit of some hindsight and a large body of case law behind us, can it be said that the court sounded the alarm loudly enough and early enough, and more importantly for the future, is it now prepared to do so?
Speaker 2: In relation to other European.
Speaker 1: Political systems whose democratic protections might be eroded in ascertainable ways, as Syrian previously argued on this blog, if Judge Pavley's questions resonate with other members of the Court, there is indeed amperle doctrinal doctrinal basis for sounding the alarm both loudly and early when democratic safeguards are visibly eroding. That ground lies on the Court's own Rule thirty nine. So essentially, here's what this is talking about here. Russia has been having some weird turmoils with Georgia for a while now, and most people in America don't understand what this is. And I'm not saying that Russia is about to invade Georgia. There were those that believed that that was about to happen whenever the Ukrainian situation really kicked off. There were some people that said that they were going to also move into Estonia. There were some that said that they were going to move into Latvia. I don't, as of this moment, believe that Russian troops are about to also invade Georgia. That being said, there are political actors that are used or using the Georgian media to portray very very pro Russian sentiments, and the people of Georgia apparently do not like this.
Speaker 2: And it's not just on the media.
Speaker 1: There is Russian state actors who are lobbying in Georgian politics. From what I can tell, it's the same way that America has apex right the Israeli Lobbying Committee, and that's the only lobbying committee allowed to be a foreign lobbying committee in the entirety of the United States. No other country has guys throwing money towards our politicians on behalf of foreign nations, or at least not overtly and openly. The Georgian people are pissed off that this is still going down in their country and nothing is being done about it or to stop it in any way, shape or form. So the slow shift towards an effective Rule thirty nine. Indeed, the ECTCHR record includes more than missed opportunities in recent Rule thirty nine landmarks exhibiting a gradual shift towards greater flexibility serve as testimony to that interim measures are no longer confined to non refoument refoulment excuse me, non refoulment cases involving mere individualized and foreseeable threats such as the risk of torture or the reuse of evidence obtained by torture following removal of a foreign country see Abu katata Okay. Instead, they are now increasingly applied in response to threats to democracy and the rule of law, even where the precise forms such as threats may take or are not yet fully known, these shifts may be. This shift has been most evident in cases involving, for example, the ownership of a media company in Georgia twenty seventeen, the protection of a journalist's sources in Ukraine twenty eighteen, the right of a human right to exist, of a human rights in goo And in twenty twenty one, and of a news outlet in Russia in twenty twenty two, units of measures against judges in Poland in twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three, and demonstration dispersal techniques in Serbia in twenty twenty five. Yeah, we all know what's going on in Serbia right now. Those protests they calm down eventually, but not after the government used direct energy weapons on the crowds to attain control and all those videos that came out that's now been confirmed that that was absolutely directed energy weapons that were being shot at the crowd.
Speaker 2: Nobody died, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: One guy might have suffered a heart attack, but it's questionable if that was because of the direct energy attack or if that was because of just being startled because of the crowd. Who knows. The wording of the interim measures has also become more open minded or open ended. The Court now increasingly issues orders suspending domestic decisions or proceedings or instructing states to refrain from actions likely to produce certain harmful effects. For example, in an interim measure issued in twenty twenty two in the case of no Vaya Gazetta, the Court instructed Russia to obtain abstain until further notice from actions and decisions aimed at full blocking and determination of the activities of Novaya Gazetta and from other actions that, in the current circumstances, could deprived Voia Gazetta of the enjoyment of its rights guaranteed by Article ten of the Convention. In an interim measure issued in twenty twenty five in the case of Durravic or Durravich, I don't know what that little sign on top of the c makes or with that line through the D makes, I might be mispronouncing that whole word. That's fine, I've been stammering through this whole article. At this point, the Court referred to potentially serious health effects and instructed Serbia that any use of sound devices for crowd control must be prevented in the future. You know, I do love how they really tried to say that that's not what happened, and then so many other sources came forward that they had to acknowledge that that's exactly what happened. But I digress. Without even prejudging whether such a crowd control mechanism was actually being used it was, though we know that it was the shift toward a broader application of Rule thirty nine. A company, by more flexible instructions to state in individual cases, offers a measure of hope. But if the ECCHR is to offer practical and effective protection, the Court must accelerate this shift so as not to allow consolidation or consolidating atrocities to slip through the cracks of supernatural oversight. The tools for this are already in place within its existing doctrine. The Court has had at least four avenues it could draw on to reaactivate Rule thirty nine more forcibly in context like Georgia, the administrative practice exception, the potential victim standard, the chilling effect standard, and lastly the bad faith standard under Article eighteen. All right, so unless you know a lot about the way that Georgia does their politics, a lot of this is going to kind of fall short on everybody. I get this. But Georgia's pissed off because they still have foreign actors that are making their presence not just known, but kind of boguarding their will through their country.
Speaker 2: They're not happy about it. I get it rightfully.
Speaker 1: So, as Anthony said in the chat, so humans doing human shit, Yeah, as it be happening, bro, People be peopling one thousand percent. People be people. In so while we've kind of gone over a couple of these articles, we've covered some things in the continental US, we covered some things in Asia, we covered Mogadishu, We've talked about Georgia. If anybody has anything that they would like to discuss as far as the news articles, or if y'all have anything that y'all would like to discuss on y'all's in that y'all find interesting.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and let us hear about it. Yeah, to only go for it, man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a few more things I can think of. This is maybe not international newsworthy, but have you seen what Candice Owens has been up to.
Speaker 1: The last thing I heard from her was that she was saying that Macrone is married to his his long lost uncle, and I love father It's father.
Speaker 6: Or article, Yeah, probably his father, because I love it. Brigitque kind of appears out of nowhere in the eighties right when her supposed brother, I guess that would make him an uncle, but Jean Michelle troug No went out of existence. There's that, But I was actually thinking of something else. She's trying to defend Harvey Weinstein, which is pretty hard to believe. But kind of the political triangulation here. She's been called such an anti Semite, I think she's just trying to find something to do to try to make that accusation go away. So what do you think about Weinstein in general?
Speaker 1: Though I am not a fan of him as a person, I think he's an absolute piece of shit, right, And I get that the point that she is making is that he is wrongfully imprisoned. And I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with her, but let's go over the facts. He didn't, according to the testimonies, and even the women that came to court and talked about this, they knew what they were going to that hotel room to do. They fully understood that they were going to benefit from explicit actions with him. Now, if we're going to say that that was him misusing his power and taking advantage in all of that, yes with you one thousand percent. But he didn't actually assault any of the women in question. They knew exactly what was happening and what would be the result thereof that being said. And again I don't know what her latest standpoint is on it right now, but from what I heard, she's basically saying, like, no, he's a trash human being, and like we you know, fine, but I don't believe he should be in jail for this. It's the same as some CEO promising a promotion if in exchange for a sexual favor. I disagree with that. I don't think that you should be doing that at all. That's immoral and it's wrong. Is that illegal? And I'm asking that genuinely. I don't know the laws to that level. Is that illegal?
Speaker 6: Well maybe it's not as illegal as rape for sure. Yeah, that's it's a it's a major downngrade And yeah, I think like John Zigler and Ryan Dawson have this this take on Hollywood. It's a cesspool of immorality and quid pro quoes. And if the man is like Brad Pitt, the woman probably can't get away with making an accusation like this. But when he looks really unattractive, like Harvey Weinstein, then they can claim, oh, he raped me, and then then people will buy it because most people think, oh, yeah, you would never sleep with a toad like that.
Speaker 1: I think that it was all. I think it was literally the entire point of him being brought to court and done this way was so that they had to acknowledge that.
Speaker 2: His dick has gang green.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. And that was also like, I don't feel bad necessarily because again, he's using his position of power to like basically force his will on women, and I don't like that. That's not a good thing, right, But the fact that it had to be brought up in a court case and pictures of this had to be shown in the official court document. I highly recommend that nobody go look that up. By the way, do not go look up pictures of Harvey Weinstein's dick. There are certain things that you really just can't unsee. I'm just gonna leave it at that. That being said, it was a power move to remove power from him. I think that was the entire point. And I don't believe that some young twenty something year old actress who's trying to make it in Hollywood and is trying to land this big movie role didn't know why you'd be going to this guy's hotel room at two thirty in the morning. I have a hard time thinking that they're going to play the whole Bay in the Woods routine and get away with it. But yeah, I think that's Candas's position. I don't inherently disagree with the legality of it. Like should he be arrested he's a shit bag, yes, one hundred percent, and he shouldn't be in the position that he's in or the position as far as like his power in Hollywood, yes, that needed to be removed from him. The disgusting things that he's doing do need to be brought to light. Just like all of Hollywood. Like you said, it's a cesspool. Everybody is doing and sleeping and whatever to get their next advance or their next role in this next big film or whatever the case, especially when they're young and up and coming stars. I don't think that that's okay. But it's also Hollywood. It is very, very rarely merit based. It is absolutely who you know and who you're physically or figuratively in bed with. So I don't think he should be necessarily in prison for this again, unless it's illegal. I don't know. If it's illegal to sleep your way to the top, then I have a lot of problems with a lot of professionals that I personally know. That's all I'm going to say. But yeah, so canas Owens is uh And I could see the argument saying that this is her kind of going against the anti Semite role. But and Royce helped me out here. I don't believe Harvey Weinstein is the most menchest guy who's ever lived. Probably not. I would think he's more of the Jewish by blood, not really out there reciting the torah at at every opportunity. I could be so wrong, and he's like the most devoutest Jewish jew that ever lived. I could be wrong, but I just don't get that vibe.
Speaker 6: I mean, he doesn't exactly where Yama goes.
Speaker 1: So I don't even know if he does or doesn't. Gonna be honest with.
Speaker 4: You, and I don't believe I've never seen anyone where he's learning.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happens if he walks into a synagogue.
Speaker 4: But I mean, as far as religious, I mean, not exactly such mention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so that being said, if Candace is trying to show how she is totally not a Zionist, or she is an anti Semite, or either way this goes, I feel like you could choose a better example than Weinstein. I don't know. I do believe what she's saying about Macrone and his husband, right, slash whatever you want to call Brigitte specifically, because if what she was saying was a false, it was a fallacy, was incorrect, they could sue the shit out of her for defamation and they can't. If they could have, they would have, and they can't. I think that actually gives more credence to the facts on this one. And I'm sorry, Brigitte is a very handsome broad. I just yeah. And then did y'all see the hit that I want to say, the hit the double hand smoosh of of Emmanuel's face the other day on the plane. Yeah, oh my god, talk about emasculating. And then like after this whoosh and he looks at the cameras like, oh hey, like he didn't know cameras are right there. Like that, dude, I would rather an open hand slap than a double hand smoosh on the cameras, Like, oh, bro, that's that's just humiliating. You just got smoothed by your dad. Although at a certain point, could this be also listed as child abuse if that's his dad or slash uncle, slash whatever, just saying it could be. Yeah. So Candace's candas is doing canvas things, and she's bringing a lot of things to light. What I do know about her is that the media is terrified of her and no one wants to be in her crossairs because of how she is with her due diligence on topics. I'm not saying that she never misses. I'm saying I have yet to see her miss and I'll leave it at that. So until further notice, I think Brigitte's got a dick and until further notice, I do kind of see the argument saying that Harvey shouldn't be in prison for sexual assault, he should be in prison for being a discussing human being. But I don't think it's illegal to be a discussing human being. I don't know, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But you know how we talked a wile ago about how Jerry Sandusky is inno sense mm hm, Well, there hasn't been too much progress on this yet, but a lot of the Jerry Sandusky innocent people are trying to get Candae Ownes attention, thinking, hey, I feel defend Harvey Weinstein. Why don't you defend somebody who's actually completely innocent, Because that is the case for Sandusky, and he was just very naive and didn't even put up a legal defense for himself. And it's very tragic. He's eighty something, he's eighty one years old now, and he's still stuck in prison. But he's still married and the prisoners are convinced of his innocence. Normally pedophiles get murdered in prison or at least severely injured and abused, but he's convinced all of his fellow inmates that he's innocent.
Speaker 1: Oh, if you get locked up and you have a jacket on your profile, that's that's what it's called. When you have like that extra thing on it, you don't last long either. Ay, they use you repeatedly, and not just for not just for for sexual things, but also just for beat downs, for stabbings, for whatever, and they'll make your life a living hell until they decide to get rid of you. But if he's able to convince the entire prison that he is innocent with a jacket on his folder, like, that's that's I don't think people fully grasp how big of us of a pole that is. That's pretty large, So I don't know. Hopefully Candiszons can take a little bit of a notice onto Sanduski and maybe bring some things to light about them. One can only hope. Uh, all right, let me check the chat here. Raven Lee has sent something in here. This is interesting. A new planet with signs of life, Neptara nine. I heard something about this briefly, but I haven't seen much. Let's see. Imagine a planet with lakes and ocean surrounding it, covered in blue colored forests. In January twenty twenty five, NASA announced the discovery of Neptura nine, a planet located in the habitable zone of earthsa major galaxy. Using advanced spectroscopic imaging, scientists analyzing the or analyzed the planet's atmosphere and discovered that it contains a level of oxygen comparable with that of Earth millions of years ago. Wow. What makes this planet unique is its massive mountainous terrain covered in light reflecting materials, indicating the presence of rare minerals.
Speaker 2: According to scientists, this environment may.
Speaker 1: Support primitive life forms or even advanced organisms. Scientists have already begun to develop plans to explore the planet using advanced probes set to launch within the next decade. This discovery of Neptura nine provides provides new insights into the possibility of a life elsewhere in the universe, expanding our understanding of Earth like planets. I love it. I absolutely love it. I've never in my entire life, even as a small child, believed that we were the only planet that had life on it, maybe the only one in our solar system. And I put a maybe on that. But oh man, but that's that's the other thing too. I have no idea how long it would take for any kind of scientific probe to get from us to the earthsa major galaxy like It's gotta be longer than a few decades unless we can develop.
Speaker 2: More efficient space travel.
Speaker 1: I don't know. And that kind of leads back to the whole launch pad thing in space. So, from my understanding, the hardest part about getting a human, a rocket or whatever from Earth's surface into space is breaking through the atmosphere. Once you're out there, there's no real resistance, and the problem is most of your fuel has been burned, if not all your fuel has been burned to get you through the atmosphere in the first place. So, and I've brought this up before for anybody who is new to listening to the Cage to Night, quick backstory here. I once had some friends who were a rocket scientist, and one of the guys actually helped build the SpaceX rockets. Okay, they were operating out of Stennis Air Force Base. As a matter of fact, there's a big it's like a research lab for rocketing out that way too. It's on the border of Mississippi and Louisiana and They were saying that Musk's big pull was that he was trying to get to Mars because Mars has crystallized methanol all over the planet. Methanol, for anybody who doesn't know, is very comparable to ethanol in the fact that it is a hydrocarbon that is used as a fuel replacement the same way that you know, we use ethanol on in America as far as like you know, it's corn based fuel replacement. In China, they use methanol. It's also called LNG liquid natural gas. It's it's condensed natural gas, but it's crystallized in space because it is so cold there that it's frozen. The theory as of this moment moment is that Musk is trying to get to Mars so that he can process this methanol and turn it into a fuel source that he can use Mars as a launching platform to explore space. Essentially, if you can get through Earth's atmosphere and set up a base of operations, you set up a refining site, and then you set up a rocket building facility.
Speaker 2: Now I'm sure I.
Speaker 1: Don't know to what level and extent you'd have to have logistics all mapped out here. You have to be able to get all the materials to Mars. It's not like you're going there to start a mining operation to find iron ore to make the steel and make the aluminum for the rockets. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not that guy.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is that the big picture plan is to set up an entire community. I'm not going to say a whole society, although there's people that speculate this an entire community and refinement center on Mars to turn this crystallized methanol into an actual fuel source for the rockets, and they'll be able to launch straight from Mars surface to wherever they want, and they'll have so much fuel to use because they won't have to worry about getting through the atmosphere. Now, as China is talking about building this facility on the dark side of the Moon and they're trying to source H three from the back side of the Moon, I'm wondering if that's also their plan. Because on Earth we have different kinds of laws than space. There's not many laws when it comes to space because no one's really got out there and started claiming things for themselves. But it is a very real possibility that whoever gets to Mars first gets exclusive rights to whatever's on Mars and or could claim the planet for themselves. I'm not saying that that's what's gonna happen. I'm saying it's a possibility. If China gets to the to the Moon and starts processing this H three and they use that as a jumping platform to get to Mars before Elon does, China will now have a monopoly on the methanol crystals, therefore a monopoly on the entire planet. They can claim it as their territory, and space could absolutely become a war fighting front if someone else tries to land on Mars. Now, adversely, if America lands there first, we could do hypothetically the same thing, depending on whoever is in the White House at that time, they could claim the entirety of Mars as American territory and set up a defensive posture in that way. I'm not saying that they would do that, I'm saying there's a greater than zero percent chance of it.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, I don't know how this.
Speaker 1: Future is gonna shake out, But if either of these groups, I know Musk is trying to basically privatize and monopolize space exploration for himself.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 1: I get it. I don't think it'll really work out that way, but I mean points for effort here. China is, of course trying to do what they can to secure their future in whatever that may look like for them.
Speaker 2: If this was to go down.
Speaker 1: And it becomes a war between because there's already a war going on between Musk and China for data on Earth, if it becomes a space war between Musk and China for space resources, I don't even know if they have enough. This is the stuff the movies are made out of. I absolutely love it. I don't know, I don't know. The future is a weird place. I'm excited to get there, but also kind of trepidacious to some of the things we will see. If Nepturnah nine can be explored, hopefully in our lifetime, that would be sick again. I have no idea how many white years away. You know what, I'm going to google that.
Speaker 9: The buzz about Neptarah nine. Scientists just discovered this new planet and it's unlike anything we've seen. Picture this swirling clouds of vibrant colors, liquid oceans, and a mysterious atmosphere. But here's the kicker. Some researchers believe it might actually support life. Imagine alien creatures thriving in a world we've never known. It's about twenty light years away, and with advanced telescopes, we're getting closer to uncovering its secrets. Is there life on Neptarah nine. Only time will tell, but the possibilities are mind blowing. Keep your eyes on the stars.
Speaker 2: Twenty light years away. Holy shit. Okay, let's go ahead and watch.
Speaker 1: This one here, because it seems a little more In.
Speaker 7: The vast expanse of the earthsa major constellation, NASA has unveiled the world that could rewrite our understanding of life in the cosmos. Meet NEPTARH nine, and earth sized planet cooked in blue forests and towering mountains that shimmer like diamonds. Discovered in January twenty twenty five, this alien world is already challenging everything we thought we knew about habitable planets. One the discovery, using next gen spectroscopic tech, NASI detected an oxygen rich atmosphere on Neptar nine to twenty one percent oh matching Earth's levels to point five billion years ago. But here's the twist. Hubble's successor, the UVE ex orbiter spotted eerie light finger print sugis vast force reflecting blue wavelengths. Unlike Earth's chlorophyll, these alien plants might use retinal like pigments to harness starlight. In doctor Kaltenegger's word oxygen alone in proof of life on Earth, it took two billion years for photosynthesis to fill our skies, but Neptar's oxygen persists without detectable CO or methane, a puzzle that could hint at biology two. The planet's secrets. Neptar's mountains are laced with hyperflective minerals, possibly bore on nitride or exotic ices. These peaks act like cosmic mirrors, bouncing starlight into valleys where blue trees thrive. But how Theory one, the forests absorb v light for energy, emitting blue via fluorescence like deep sea corals. Theory two, the foliage uses metallic compounds to survive brutal solar flares from Neptar's active en dwarf star, unlike hot jupiters losing atmospheres to space Neptar's gravity and cool starshield its air a rare stable oasis three The Hunt for life. In twenty thirty one, NASA's Stellar's Probe will launch to study Neptar's air for biosignatures like methyl chlorida gas. Microbes emit, but skeptics worn supervolcanos could also pump out out the key finding methane spikes alongside at a combo. Only light makes sustainably. In doctor avilobe Astrobiologist's word, If Neptarah's forests are real, they dwarf Earth's biosphere. Imagine organisms with silicon based blood or liquid methane rivers. This isn't science fiction for alien evolution? Could life here look anything like us on Earth? Extremophiles thrive in acid and boiling vents on Neptara. Maybe trees draw nutrients from metallic soil, and creatures navigate using magnetic fields from those radiant peaks Lessons from Earth's past. Oxygen surged here only after microbes hijacked the air. Neptara's story might be playing out live a baby biosphere. We're glimpsing in real time. So NEPTARH nine isn't just a planet. It's a question are we alone unique or us one note in a galactic symphony of life while we wait for answers. Look up tonight that faint blue dot in URSA major it's streaming forests. Hit subscribe the stone.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they're talking about it being twenty light years away. I have no idea how they expect to get there in any kind of real time to be able to send a probe now. Yeah, like they were talking about using like, uh, spectroscopy in light to see what the atmosphere might be made out of and things like that with you one hundred percent, I have no idea how they plan on getting there, if they ever actually do plan on sending something there.
Speaker 2: That is insane. That is insane, but also like how there's questions about.
Speaker 1: If like the trees there or their version of trees there might be using metallic soil for nutrients and life forms there, use magnetism to navigate the terrain, methyl rivers.
Speaker 2: Silicon based blood.
Speaker 1: That's insane to me, so pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: I would love to see bat blood. Wait, what is this bat blood?
Speaker 1: They're working with it to change our blood to be able to do hyperspace and chronosleep to make those trips. I've heard stories that they're trying to use different types of blood to try to change the DNA sequence to where we could go into basically hibernation. But even still, by the time that let's say we were to spend a sind excuse and not spend by the time we were to send astronauts or explorers or whatever to that planet twenty light years, we don't have the ability to travel at the speed of light, So we're talking about hundreds thousands of years, depending on what the engineering of our craft will be able to accomplish at that time. There's no way, as of our current understanding of technology to even get them there and send them back. If it was to send a human being, to send a satellite or something like that, maybe, But I mean, hell, the one that we sent out that's approaching Jupiter kind of well, I say, approaching Jupiter. It's slowly approaching Jupiter that got sent out how many years back, and it's only taken that long to slowly drift out that way. You know. Oh, Ravenly has sent another article. Let's check this one out. Wow, all right, yep, I'm gonna to share this Green on this one again. Let's go wow, wow wow.
Speaker 2: This is for an interesting engineering dot com Interstellar dreams.
Speaker 1: Batblood may enable human hibernation for long space travel. Thus hibernation could become essential for futures get out of here ad. Thus, hibernation could become essential for future space missions, enabling astronauts to sleep through the long stretches of travel time. As humanity dreams of becoming a starfaring civilization, the challenges of long duration space travel loom large. One potential solution to this challenge is hibernation, which scientists believe could help astronauts endure long journeys between stars. NASA has been investigating this idea for years, even studying the hibernation patterns of Arctic ground squirrels. That's pretty funny. Whenever I think of Arctic ground squirrel, all I can think of his ice age. That's just me. However, recent research from a team in Germany led by Gerald Kerth at University of Graftswald has focused on bats for insight into effective hibernation. Now, before I read any further, is there any connection between the study that this lab is doing with bats and the story of COVID being associated with bat meat being eaten by people in Asia and China and Wuhan, and that's what started it all. I'm not saying there's confirmed for sure. I'm saying it's an interesting thing to just point out anyway. Moving on, the study published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, explores the role of erethoscites, a specific type of red blood cell, in the hibernation process. Hibernation is a crucial biological strategy for many mammals, allowing them to conserve energy and survive in the face of scarce scarce resources. If humanity is to travel to its neighboring stars, such as Proxima Centuri, which is four point two four light years away, it must contend with the reality that even a near light speed such journey could take decades right exactly. Thus, hibernation could become essential for future space missions, enabling astronauts to sleep through the long stretches of travel time. Kerth and his research team conducted extensive analysis on the ethractes from both hibernating bats specifically Nictalis nocturla noctila sure and non hibernating bats not going to try to pronounce that Latin as well as human blood samples. Understanding how these blood cells adapt during hibernation is vital, as hibernating animals still require a functioning blood supply to deliver oxygen to their tissues even as their body temperature drops significantly. Now bat blood, the research team noted that blood cells alter their shape in response to changes in pressure and blood vessel size. This prompted them to investigate whether the extreme conditions during hibernation might also trigger changes in blood cells. What they discovered was compelling. As internal temperatures of the hibernating species fell from ninety nine degrees fahrenheit to about seventy three degrees fahrenheit, the structure of ethractes across all species examined significantly transformed. The cells became less elastic and more viscous, indicating physiological adaptation to conserve energy and cold conditions. Interestingly, the study revealed a significant distinction. While bat erythiscites continue to transform as temperatures plunged to fifty degrees fahrenheit, the human blood cells stalled in their response at lower temperatures. This suggests that bats possess unique adaptations that enable them to withstand extreme cold, a trait that could be harnessed for potential human application.
Speaker 2: Now, human hibernation.
Speaker 1: While applying hibernation techniques to space travel is a long term goal, the immediate implications of this research could be revolutionary. In medicine, Scientists believe that understanding how to manipulate the mechanical properties of human blood cells could optimize circulation for pharmaceutical purposes. Of course, they do current surgical techniques such as deep hypothermic circulatory arrests DHCA already utilized controlled hypothermia to stop brain function during complex surgeries temporarily. Kirth highlighted the importance of this research, indicating that while the prospect of hibernation for human is not just around the corner, the findings represent a significant step forward. There are benefits of putting humans in low temperature during interstellar flight, he stated, emphasizing the researcher's long term potential. Ultimately, this study illustrates the profound insights of the animal kingdom can offer about survival strategies and physiological adaptations. By learning from bats hibernating abilities, scientists may pave the way for humans to traverse the cosmos in the future, hibernation may become a crucial aspect of interstellar exploration. That is pretty fascinating. I'm not gonna lie. I think we get the gist of it. Though they're trying to use bat blood to rewrite the DNA and genetic code and humans to where hibernation could become a thing. I'm not the biggest fan of DNA sequence splicing as far as the humanity is concerned. I'm also speaking completely out of ignorance on that there may absolutely these secrets to unlocking immortality and doing this. I just I don't believe the human body was meant to last more than one hundred to one hundred and twenty years, like in general.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's exceptions to that rule, but on average.
Speaker 1: My god. But let's say you were to induce some sort of a hibernation state and that most closely connected spot they were talking about four point two light years away, We're still talking about decades to make that journey. That is a lot. That is a far cry from twenty light years away to get to this potentially life sustaining planet. And also because of that whole theory, well not theory, it's understood fact that like, the light that we're seeing from these stars is x amount of light years old. Right, we are currently looking up at a star and we're seeing the light from it, but that light might be two hundred light years old. And even if you were to go to that planet now, who's to say they even exists anymore, or that whatever was creating the light is still doing so. Right, how many of these stars have burned out but we're still seeing the light from them before they burned out. Things like that. So, from what they're reading about this planet that might sustain life currently, what's to say that they don't have life currently there, but by the time we make it there, they've ruined that life. The inhabitants of the planet have had something catastrophic happened, and they ruined the evolutionary sequence for themselves. What's to say that they don't also advance in a very much human esque type of way, and by the time we get there, they are what we are now. I mean, who's to say, right, it's all super hypothetical and super up to conjecture, But I find it interesting that they are trying to do more to have space exploration happen. With that being said, kind of a callback to earlier in the episode. China is saying that America is turning space into a war fighting front, which is specifically what Trump was trying to do when he created the Space Force. So I don't know why they are.
Speaker 2: Taking that stance of opposition now.
Speaker 1: And if any of y'all have any theories on this one, please let please share it with the class, because I don't get it. How would us having a better defensive posture for our shores, our coast, our country. How would that make China feel like like they are under attack. They're saying that this is an offensive step. How is having a better shield taking an offensive step. I'm not saying that this is obviously China trying to Yeah, we're getting in the way of them attacking America. I don't believe that that's the case. Here. They're saying that it's no longer equal, that this tips the scales of mutually assured destruction, which yeah, I mean not necessarily. It makes it to where nobody can attack us even if they wanted to. Tony, go ahead and chime in on this one, brother. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The reason for this is it goes back to forty years ago with the Cold War, and even defensive measures like the star Wars program were seen as tipping the overall balance of power too much in favor to one side. So the idea is that would make the side with a better defensive capability have an itchier trigger finger because they think they can get away with a first strike, for example, with faster weapons. This is just the argument, yeah, and you know the counter argument is, well, it's just defensive, you know, stop complaining.
Speaker 1: I I hear what you're saying, and I mean, like you're playing Devil's advocate. Now. I get that, like this is in Tony's opinion, but I don't understand how that would make anybody have necessarily an itchier trigger finger. I mean, Israel's been a nuclear power for quite some time and they have an iron dome. They have yet to drop nukes on anybody. I don't know. I think that at this point, China is not exactly the biggest fans of America and specifically Trump, So anything Trump tries to do China is just going to have something to say in retort against it. Possibly, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just an overall reason to say, hey, we don't want you to do that, But you know, I am more, I am kind of in favor of people having missile defense shields, even if it does provoke a race to more missile defense shields worldwide. You know, why can't China and Russia develop their own missile defense shield? I think they could probably do it if we can do it.
Speaker 1: There's literally nothing stopping them from doing that, right, I mean, And granted, Israel is give or take the size of New Jersey, if I'm not mistaken, So it's a lot easier and a lot more logistically. Is it's not so much of a feat to put an iron dome in that type of land mass. China, Russia, the United States we are massive countries with a lot of acreage, and so it's more of a logistical nightmare to try to implement a system like this. But to your point, there's nothing preventing China from creating their own version of the Golden Dome or Russia from doing the same if they don't have the logistical capabilities or the weapons to like the rockets. If you will to do that, then that's a dumb problem.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. Maybe you're right, Maybe this will lead to.
Speaker 1: Some sort of a shield weapons race, which it sounds like it's good for the military industrial complex, which is good for the money.
Speaker 2: So I'm not mad at this at the moment, but I find it.
Speaker 1: I still find it interesting that China is the only country that stepped up to say something negative against it. So I don't know the tear if war got agreed upon between the United States and China.
Speaker 6: Correct if there's a ninety day pause where the tariff got brought down from one hundred and forty five percent to thirty percent and shipping traffic is being booked at three hundred percent of normal because so many people are trying to get stuff into the US right now.
Speaker 2: Very true, So there's a pause on it right now.
Speaker 1: But in your line of thinking, do you believe she is going to come to the agreement table they're going to be able to strike a deal here, or do you think that it's going to become a pissing match in a couple of months.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't think Hijiping is going to budge, and I think, well he might. He might budge just a little bit, but most of the budget is going to be on the US side, That's my opinion.
Speaker 1: You mean like, oh, yeah, they're not gonna I doubt they'll go back to one hundred and forty five percent or whatever.
Speaker 6: It is, or will go back. Yeah, we're not going to go back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't see that happening.
Speaker 1: But I also don't know if America is going to come down from thirty. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I haven't paid enough attention, and this isn't my main issue, but yeah, you know, I well, some of them were in favor of high tariffs. The Confederacy was in favor of lower tariffs. Tariffs almost provoked the secession of several states before the Civil War, even decades before it. And I don't believe tariffs made America great in the late eighteen hundreds. But this is an almost religious topic for some people who dogmatically believed that of course they did, or of course they didn't, and I think they probably didn't.
Speaker 1: I will say that we didn't have the IRS until it was like nineteen thirteen or nineteen seventeen, whenever Wilson repealed the.
Speaker 2: When Wilson repealed.
Speaker 1: The tariffs and implement into the IRS. And I'm not saying that's the other thing too. We actually on the cult to Conspiracy. The episodes that are going to be dropping soon for for everybody on Patreon, they've already seen them, well two of the three anyway.
Speaker 2: The Tavistock Institute, if.
Speaker 1: We are to believe that rabbit hole in that trail of thinking, are the reason why America pulled away from tariffs and implemented the irs. Up until that point, we had no income tax and we were able to sustain and operate pretty well. I would say that we entered our golden age while tariffs were still in effect. Now we went to peak golden age after World War Two. There's a lot of reasons for that. We were the only ones that weren't bombed the hell out of and had all the manufacturing capabilities. I get that. But that being said, I'm I'm in favor of tariffs. I don't think that's going to save America. I think it could potentially lessen the burden of the American taxpayer. But that is kind of a double edged sword because that is under the assumption that the politicians in power will start to remove certain tax laws from the American working class. I have a hard time believing that they won't just double dip and make even more money. That's my only thing, and in the process screw the middle class even further. I have hopes, but I also am a bit of a realist in certain regards to this too. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Another major source of tax revenue way back in the old days or the good old days, was alcohol, even though there was a lot of alcoholism, but people were not generally. The first tales tax only went into effect in nineteen thirty five, and that didn't spread the most states until a couple decades after that. Income taxes weren't around until well, first Civil War, then something like nineteen thirteen, and then they were really small back then. But it's it's hard to overstate just how much taxation has changed back then, and just how hard it would be to go all the way back to that point, even though the welfare state would be a lot smaller, and I would totally welcome that. There was no payroll tax until obviously nineteen thirty five, and it was only two percent at that time, and now it's twelve point four percent or fifteen point three depending if you include Medicaid. So we're just really, we're so far down the path it's too hard to go back, even though I wish we could.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that it's not too far, too like, too little, too late. I'm hoping. I'm with you that I think it's probably more of a foregone conclusion. I'm hoping that I'm wrong, right. I'm hoping that people that are way smarter as far as economics and numbers and money is concerned, will be able to make this a reality that we can benefit from and the next generations can benefit from as well. I just I have a hard time not being a pessimist when it comes to stuff like this. Everybody wants change until it's time for the change, and then it's like, oh, just don't rock the boat. Just don't do too much, don't do that. And I'm not saying that that's going to or is not going to happen. I just I have hopes, not a lot of them at this point. I don't know. I don't know if all these tariffs do come through to fruition as Trump is hoping, and if they were. There was a thought that was proposed a couple of weeks ago. I heard anybody making under one hundred and fifty k a year will have no more income tax.
Speaker 2: That sounds great on the surface.
Speaker 1: That's also the vast majority of the taxpayers, meaning that that is a lot of revenue being lost by Uncle Sam. I don't know how they plan on tariffs replacing that hard of a hit. Is it possible, Probably, but I am not smart enough or wise enough to understand and how that would work to that scale. Now, the other side of that, and I have heard many economists say this, if you were to do away with all income tax just hypothetical, right right now, all income taxes are gone, and you instead put a fifteen percent sales tax on every single thing car, house, gas, milk, and bread, doesn't matter. Everything has a fifteen percent tax on it. Five percent goes to the state, ten percent goes to the nation or to the federal. I should say we would actually have more revenue at the end of the year to do things with, but I know there's a lot of people that will have an issue with that one as well. It's by the numbers that also works, But we're talking about completely dissolving the irs and our entire tax system, which is massive. So it's one of those things that's like it's a great idea, but I just don't ever see it happening. I don't know. I don't know, all right, everybody, I think we are going to wrap up this episode of The Cajun Night Live. As always, I want to thank everybody for coming out and being a part of this. Again, for anybody who is listening to this on Thursday who would like to be a part of the conversation next weekend all Wednesday nights at nine pm Central, go to the link below. Cajun Night on Patreon. There's only one tier. It's five dollars a month to be a part of it and join in. All the videos for the Cajun Night are also posted there as well. And again I want to thank everybody for being a part of this with me and growing this into what it is becoming. Until next time, everybody, God bless