Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray. I'm WBZY Costs Radio.
Speaker 2: It's all right nine o'clock here on a Thursday night, and again my thanks to Morgan White. Last night I was dealing with a horrific I don't know what it was, head cold, bronchitis, I have no idea, but I'm I'm not at one hundred percent, but I'm back tonight and coming up at ten o'clock. We'll be talking with the WBZ car guys. Larry and Scott answered all well, they'll be answering all of your questions, any automotive questions you might have. And delighted to be joined now by a guest hasn't been on the show in a while. He's known professional professionally as Joey Voices. Also is a real name, Joey Noon, Joey Voices, Welcome back to Nightside. How are you, sir?
Speaker 3: Good damn?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me?
Speaker 2: Well, you're very very welcome. You know, I think most people in the night Side audience know who you are, and many people in the night Side audience have seen you performed. How did you develop this ability where you basically do voices of the famous singers that all of us know and love, and you move from one to the other. How did you develop that? Are you a guy that sang in the shower a lot?
Speaker 3: Another kids?
Speaker 5: I grew up in a big family. My father was a quarterback from all my high school nineteen fifty five. He was a stude then when eight and two my brothers and sisters. I'm the youngest of eight kids, four boys, four girls. I'm the only one they planned, and I was an afterthought in my family. My brothers and sisters were all stellar all star athletes MVPs in their sports, and I was this little kid who had all this to live up to. I was living in the shadow of my father and my brothers and sisters, so I didn't know who the heck I was.
Speaker 4: But God gave me a talent to be able to sing. For some reason.
Speaker 5: Out of one hundred people in my family, including all the great grandkids and grandkids, I'm the only one with any musical talent. I don't know how the heck that happened, but I just think God said, you know what, I got to give this kid something because he's he's lost in his family, and so he gave me that and my brothers and sister's not playing sports anymore. But guess what, I'm still singing and I'm still making a career out of it nationwide for the last twenty one years, and I'm grateful every day. So mimic in the radio is really how I developed my talent to be able to sound like singers, because the average person who has their own vibrato and now the word vibrato means the bounce of your voice and it bounces at a certain frequency. Well over time, me trying to sound like the radio, I actually cross trained my voice to be able to change the vibrato of my voice, which is not very common, but that's common amongst impressionists. And there's a lot of impressions around the country that you know, you know a handful, but that are very good at it. And I have my very very deeply and we're wire.
Speaker 4: There's not a lot of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a sciens to this. So you've been doing this for twenty three years, is that what you said?
Speaker 5: Twenty twelve? Twenty one years, twenty one plus years professionally as Joey Voices. But I started my show in two thousand, actually two thousands when I started with the Joey and Maria's comedy wedding singing in front of audiences around the country with the show, and then I started Joey Voices really in the three But when I start Danny ganzelp Vegas One, I said, Man, this guy is doing what I'm just doing. My car and I said, I went back to Boston and I started my own show, and it's the rest has really been just a success story because it's put so many smiles in thousands and thousands of people's hearts to help them forget about their cares for a while. And they when they you know, at the end of their work week, you know, And I'm grateful to have been a part of that. And they have the fan base that I have and the love and adoration I have from people because I love people. And what better line of work to be in for someone like me grew up in a big family where my dad was a trial lawyer and a charismatic guy. What better line of work for someone like me to be in than entertainment.
Speaker 2: Well that's true. Now let me ask you, how many days a year or months a year are you out on the road as opposed to you know, working more locally.
Speaker 5: So it was a lot before COVID. Then COVID kind of took it away. COVID kind of stole my business from me, and so they didn't have an audience anymore. So I had to, you know, I just just to stay busy. I took a job working for the housing authority, and I was I learned how to rewire things and change out comage disposals and you know, and just kind of just do meaning a label work. And then when everything started to open back up, my business started to open back up. And once I got a phone call from the TV show Chronicle on CHAIRL five back in August. They wanted to do a story on my career, and I said, wow, that's what a great opportunity. So they called me and they came out and they interviewed me, and they took about ninety minutes worth of footage and they cut it down to two minutes and twenty eight seconds, and I said, you know, one of most and the most powerful two minutes and twenty eight seconds I could have ever imagined out of ninety minutes of footage, you know. And so my phone hasn't stopped ringing since.
Speaker 2: That that's a fabulous story and I know that. Yeah, you've got to be up with our friend Paul Solano this weekend at the Pro Street station in mald In, your hometown. Bit of a bit of a homecoming. Why don't we do this, Joe, Why don't we just take a little bit of a break here. You got to take a commercial break. And there are folks out there who have come to you, gone to one of your shows, or maybe gone to more than one of your shows, and they'd like to chat with you for a second. That's fine. Uh, maybe we can get a couple of requested Maybe there's a couple of people out there who's favorite singer. You can you can be in a situation. I don't want to put you on the spot, but maybe we get a few bars bars of Frank Sinatra or Elvis or whoever else other people might want you love fair enough, So my guess, Joey voices. Last time we did this was pre COVID, and I remember we were in studio. We had a lot of fun. Uh, broadcasting remotely. Joe is I'm not sure where he is, but he's he's We're not in the same studio However, if you'd like to join the conversation and talk to Joey and ask him about the career, it's a I guess it would be called a very parapatetic career, meaning you move from here to there and uh uh. And at its best it's probably really busy. And obviously when COVID occurred and a lot of restaurants closed up for a while, it probably slowed down. But it's picking back up and that's good for Joey and it's good for for people want to get out. And if you're around this Saturday night before the before Christmas, the Pearl Street Station on Summer Street, seven o'clock show and the doors open at six thirty. Paul Salana's great friend and a great guy up there, and where you got a guy like Joey voices, I'm sure they'll they'll pack the place and you'll have a lot of fun. We'll take a quick break back on nightside. If you like to join the conversation and maybe suggest a quick few notes, a few bars. We can get Joey to give you a little a little one on one example of his work. Six thirty six, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty don't want to put anyone on the spot, but feel free give a call. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios. I'm dumb and bzy news Radio.
Speaker 2: My guess is Joey voices Joey. Everybody is I think out Christmas shopping or something, and they don't want to a call. So I'm going to ask you who is the I'm assuming Sinatra has to be the uh, the male singer the you most asked to imitate.
Speaker 6: So Sinatra.
Speaker 5: Sinatra is one of the older ones. A lot of the older folks like the Sinatra, but you know the gen xers they like like Michael McDonald from the Doobie Brothers, you know, al Green boss guy, so you go, good Michael McDonald. But I want them to come and see the Sinatra because it's really good. I do Bobby Garren, Tony Bennett, uh, you know, Uh Ray, Charles, I do a lot of the old time crooners, and I put some you know, good comedy spin on it. But I don't want to give rid of it with any of the comedy away tonight because I want people to come and see it live, because that you know, you don't want to take away from the luster of it. But do you want to hear Michael McDonald, I'll do a good Michael McDonald.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go forget it. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: So Michael McDonald from the Doobie Brothers. Uh, he's he's actually a wonderful uh uh vocalist. He's very soulful, and when he joined the Doobie Brothers it kind of transform the band.
Speaker 2: A lot of.
Speaker 5: Doobie Brothers loyalists weren't very happy when he joined because of what he brought to the table, but anybody who's musically inclined understands all that did was just kind of help records sell and it just kind of made the band even better. Now I'm of that younger generation, Michael McDonald's was probably my favorite vocalist male vocalists of all time as a singer and a singer impressionist. And here's my Michael McDonald impression.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: He sings a member the song I Keep forgetting. Sure he just forgotten, We're not in love it and all? Okay, forgotten, never never be the same again. Okay forgotten?
Speaker 4: Oh you man, that's a.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 5: That's the people. But but I do a really good comedy bit on that, on all the whole sway on Michael McDonald. The people will see the nights they come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll say that, we'll say that.
Speaker 5: How about little Bosscats? You like Boss Skaggs. Boss Skaggs was really big in the jazz world, and Boss Skaggs is something you hear impression is too a lot. But he's a voice that I do because I used to love him when I was a kid, because I used to play his.
Speaker 4: Record over and over.
Speaker 5: Boscats had a funny sounding voice and he used to sing the song dirty load. Remember the song dirty lowdown?
Speaker 2: Not feel that one. Sure when you're singing, I'm gonna remember it.
Speaker 4: I'm here we go, Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 4: Bangers and running around and went the crowd. But y'all bess in the stream talking about now, saying about and asked that how much you understand and swam and musbling. It wasstand down buzzgags, bozzcats.
Speaker 2: A very that's a very different and unique sound. Obviously, did you ever run into any of these guys uh out on the road who you're you know, who you do the impression of? And I mean some of these.
Speaker 5: Guys actually listen to you. I wish that I could like say this in a colorful way to kind of impress your listeners. I wish I could say that I have, but I haven't. I haven't met any of them, and you know, I wish that I had, but you know, not to say that I won't, but I just haven't.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, there's a lot of these guys now who are uh they're they're not at the end of their careers, but but they're not selling out the Gillette stadiums. They're not the uh you know, the Taylor Swifts of the.
Speaker 5: World, not the premier performers anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but these guys and women who have great followings nonetheless. And I had Engelbert hupper digg on but about a year ago and I lost him. Delightful. He took all sorts of phone calls from people, and of course a lot of the people were just thrilled to talk with them.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe that he was in Medford at the Chevalier Theater was a great theater. I would be at some point along the way, you're going to meet some of some of these guys. Obviously, the ones like Sinatra et Centa who have passed on. You're not going to meet him in this life. But who knows what?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: What is the fad Tom Jones Tom Jones bit, Oh yeah, oh, and my show is a riot. I do this funny Tom Jones bit. I'm not going to give it away right now, but I want people to come to the shot see it. It's really comical.
Speaker 2: And shot the Chateau de Ville in framing him. I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: He could not know.
Speaker 5: That's before my time.
Speaker 4: I'm fifty two.
Speaker 5: So what year you talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm talking sixties, late sixties and early seventies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before I.
Speaker 2: Sell it out. And he was the guy where women would literally throw their underway up on stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah for the room keys at him. I saw him perform in nineteen ninety five and the Bank Boston Pavilion, you remember that place on the water the air in the harbor, and and I took my parents for their anniversary and he, let me tell you, that guy had to change his shirt about seven times throughout his performance because he swept so bad. But he was such a hairy guy. But girls, women, they just loved him. They just you know, his his his sex appeal was like Elvis Presley, but just a little different in a different way. Oh that guy could move.
Speaker 2: He's a guy, if I'm not mistaken. He's from Wales, so yeah, he had sort of that foreign element to him. And yeah, I remember seeing him back in the day. And yeah, there were some of these guys that were just just fabulous. I mean Jimmy Buffett, who of course is now no longer with us.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, Yeah, he was great. I don't do Jimmy Buffett, not that they couldn't. I just never really thought to do it. But that might be something Michael Worker, now that you've mentioned it. But Jimmy Buffetts, you know, he's great and he shouldn't be that hot to do me.
Speaker 2: The Tom give me a little Tom Jones here.
Speaker 4: So Tom Jones, uh my, my my, your a god.
Speaker 5: So they gotta So when they people come to the show, you gotta hear it with the music. But when you the show, you got you gotta hear the comedy bit that I wrote, the comedy bit that it's it's great, it's funny, very funny to do.
Speaker 2: This what this is called a cappella what it's you without me?
Speaker 5: So it's not it's not as appealing without the music. When you hear the music and you come to the show, you're gonna get the full effect of like here, like as.
Speaker 4: If you're at the concert, you hear the music, you're.
Speaker 5: In the voice, You're gonna feel all of it when you're there. I'm only giving you kind of shadow are looking through, you know, a grimy screen if you will, like you're getting kind of just a little bit of a visual of it. You gotta experiences.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you Saturday night. So it's two nights from now, seven o'clock up at the Pro Street station in Malden. Paul Solano is your host up there. Tickets are available again if people are looking for somewhere to go. Uh. Great, the great location, a great event. He's got a little bit of he's got a he's got a stage there, which I did not realize. Yeah, I wasn't sure.
Speaker 5: It's a really good room.
Speaker 2: Good room.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're welcome the comedy time again. I mean no, everybody there knows. Yeah. Com many time you go up on the stage and kind of address the audience if you want to before the show. You're always welcome my show.
Speaker 2: So many times, no I appreciate. I'll tell you this. I've been dealing with some I think it's bronchitis, and it's been it's been kind of wild. Here. Let me get one phone call in here for you. I'm assuming that Eric from Wakefield would like to talk with Joey Voices. Correct, Rob, I think I've lost hold on. Let me let me bring him up. Rob. I don't know where you went, but I'm bringing Rob up. Hey, Hi, I'm bringing Eric up. Eric, Eric with Joey's voices.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Joey, Joey, it's Eric the Birdman from Wakefield calling. You're in. I'm gonna try to make it up to your show Saturday night. Everybody out there should get up there and see this guy. I'm a big am radio fan. I'm a big Joey Voices fan. I'm hoping to get up there with my daughter Saturday night. Joey. I'd like to hear a little baby a little I'd like to hear baby a little Rod Stewart, Neil Diamond and you gotta do the de Niro, Rodney.
Speaker 4: James, so little Ronnie James Fields.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'll tell you it's me Ron and I got no respect. I'll tell you, yeah, I'll tell you my wife and I we were happy for twenty years. Yeah, then we met. I'll tell your name easy.
Speaker 7: I love it. I hope to see you Saturday night.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna I'm gonna hang out the best.
Speaker 7: Thanks Dan, but uh yeah, dude, Jude, give him a little de Niro, give him a little Neil Diamond.
Speaker 4: We'll give it a happy I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Give it all man.
Speaker 5: He comes out here to get the whole comment. You know you got it, Thank you, thank you for calling God bless your brother.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I will let me get one more in here for you before I got to let you go here. Florence in New Groveland, Florence, you're next on nice side with Joey voices, Go right ahead. What would you like to hear Florence?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Joey purty here, you let me hear you do. Rachel Rachel you want to hear me to read Chiles?
Speaker 3: Okay, he is your favorite.
Speaker 4: I love rachels Rich Arles is great. This is America, sweet. You know America. God does set his race on d theyre bron You know her brother who from she to shot and see thank you very much. I love you beautiful all right.
Speaker 2: Florence, thanks very much, Rachel Kelly, Thanks Florence, Bye bye, Joey again Saturday night. This Saturday night, the twenty first, up in at the Pearl Streets in Malden. I hope, I said, Maldon before fifty three Summer Street and Malden. Easy to park, easy parking around there, easy to get to on the tee seven seven o'clock show, doors open at six thirty. Joey has always we'll see you soon.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: You don't want me in that audience because I want to. I have no idea what I'm dealing with here, but I want to get myself back healthy. I slept sixteen hours yesterday. I've never slept that long in my life.
Speaker 5: Oh geez, you must be beautiful beauty sleep.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, let me tell you I was. I was a hurting poppy. I'm still a hurting poppy. Actually, thanks joe we'll talk soon.
Speaker 5: Chant think you much to go bless the Murk Christmas by by you're right back.
Speaker 2: At you, Okay, will we get back. I'm gonna open the phone lines up. I think we just got we're waiting for the car guys. The car guys are coming into and anything you want to talk about in the next half hour your choice, coming back on Nightside. Open up the phone lines, rob let them come and let them bring up whatever topic you want back on Nightside right after the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we got about a I don't know twenty five minutes between now on ten o'clock and right after the ten o'clock news. We'll be joined by Scott Larry Scott Larry Rubinstein, the the WBZ Nights, our car guys, So whatever questions you might have about and that's automotive Tomorrow night, amongst other things. We will spend the last two hours of our broadcast year on our twelfth annual Night Side Charity Combine, and we will talk with representatives of upwards of twenty different charities. It's all always a labor, but a labor of love to put that program together. We'll talk to a variety of people from different parts of Massachusetts and New Hampshire and what they are doing to help their communities, and maybe some of you will decide that you'd like to support some of these charities. They run the gamut of just about everything you could imagine, from lemonade stands up to the South Sudanese in Richmond for families, program entrepreneurs. There's all sorts of materials in which you could help. Of course, our favorite the Shadow Fund, Ian Fidrick, the Fidrich Foundation named after the great tiger picture Mark Fidrich who left us much too soon. Adopt a platoon southeas style, which is a great charity. The Fisher House in Boston, handy capable above the clouds, benings with a mission, partakers, companion, and but just a whole group of great subjects. Tomorrow night from ten until midnight, and it's there will be no phone calls, just be an opportunity for each of these great charities to talk about their mission, what they do, what group of people they try to help, and what they need, whether they need volunteers. There's a lot of volunteer opportunities if you have if you have some time, and time is the greatest I think quality, any quality anyone can have at this point, if you have time or if you at the end of the year, a loorek going to make a donation to support a charity that is doing something that you can identify with. That's a great opportunity to do that before the end of the year. Now, within the twenty or so minutes twenty three minutes we have left, I just want to open up the phone lines. We have done that a couple of times in the last month. Just whatever you want to talk about. If there's a subject that you feel we have ignored, feel free to make the suggestion. If there's an issue that you feel you disagree with me strongly on, that's okay. There's an issue feel that you agree with me strongly on, that's okay. If you have gone through what I've been going through the last seventy two hours, which started out as a kind of a head cold and worked into a chess cold. I'm told there's a lot of stuff going around. COVID is still going around. The Globe still releases every Thursday statistics, and I think for last week there were some thirteen hundred cases of COVID that were diagnosed in Massachusetts and nine people expired off COVID. Yeah, thirteen seventy six confirmed COVID, nineteen cases, nine deaths last week. This again has it hasn't gone away. I guess we came to understand that it wasn't going to go away. That's going to be something that we're going to live with, just like the flu. I mean, I'm assuming and I talk with my doctor today. He thinks it's bronchitis from the symptoms that I have described to him. Did a chest X ray yesterday, and you know, whenever you do a chest X ray, you're thinking they want to eliminate pneumonia, and apparently that worked out. I tested myself for COVID came back negative. But that's how badly I felt and for me to be off last night, and again thanks to my good friend Morgan White for sitting in for me. That would give you some indication. I tend not to want to miss work once I started a Monday night. I like the pace of the five day week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, because what happens is sometimes on Monday and Wednesday, something will Monday or Tuesday something will transpire and you don't get around to it, and then you end up doing that on Wednesday or Thursday or Friday. So sort of the pace of the week is important. And when I called in sick yesterday. It's the first time I've done that, I think in five years. I'm trying to I want to go back and figure out when was the last time I had a sick day. I've been blessed with great good health and with through all my doctor's appointments. Last month, you know, I was down the Cape for the summer and I kind of stacked up all my doctor's appointments, and all of a sudden, it was like, WHOA, this hit me like a ton of bricks. So if you'd like to commiserate, that would be great. Love to know what you did to get rid of it. I'm hoping by no later than tomorrow that I will be back feeling. I'm not one hundred percent. I know that I'm probably sixty sixty five percent of how I feel, and I want to make sure that it's that it keeps going in that direction. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty. Got one line at six one, seven, nine three one ten thirty. Then we'll go to Larry down in the Cape. Hey, Larry, welcome, Welcome back to night'sat Larry. How are you.
Speaker 8: I'm doing okay?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 4: How about you?
Speaker 8: It sound a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you're doing better than me. But when you say you're doing okay, are you dealing something.
Speaker 4: As well well?
Speaker 8: As you well know, I'm vaccine injured from the Maderna vaccine. Yeah, three years now, and yeah at twenty twenty one. Then I got long COVID so in twenty twenty three. So you just struck a nerve though with me when you talked about nobody seems to be talking about it. So in the support group that I'm in, I sent you an email on this. In US, in the support group that I'm in at the Brigham and Women's Hospital, they invited a news investigator from one of the major local channels. I don't know if I can mention, sure, yeah, go ahead, yeah, go ahead, Okay. Mike Boudette from Channel five, Okay, yeah, was invited into our support group and we had an hour of people about forty of us talking about all of their struggles about not being able to get unemployment, not being able to get any kind of help from the government, and it's been very, very frustrating, and it's kind of not in the public eye anymore. And this is what's interesting. I met some neighbors that I hadn't seen in a while. So they asked her how I'm doing, and I said, you know, I'm much better and actually seeing a natural path and taking a whole bunch of Chinese Arabs. And so I said, have you ever had COVID. You won't believe his answer. He goes no. I said, really, he goes no. I just have a test. I said, Oh my god, this is why it's spread so much. So many people think it's nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think we have been loveled into I think we have been loaded into a sense of security. When you look at these stats from Massachusetts that I just read to you. You know, there was a time when there were tens of thousands of people contracting COVID every week. Now, yes, now, last week thirteen hundred ninety six, fourteen hundred people in nine deaths.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I think you're right. Most people kind of consider it like a cold or a flu. As As a matter of fact, my wife and I had to drive up to Wallfam today are we'd go to eye specialists over in Wallfam. I had some eye surgery back a while back. Anyway, I noticed the doctors they're not even wearing masks. Anymore, and it's a very casual environment. But I want to mention one thing last night. You were talking about the poor drivers in Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: That wasn't last night, that was two nights ago because I wasn't radio last night. Bogin White was here last night. That I can tell you for sure.
Speaker 8: Go ahead see the brain fog is still there. And you were focusing on the green light situation, which I cannot totally understand that. Here is one thing that bugs me to no end. You're on a four lane highway like one twenty eight and I usually drive in the second length from the right, but you always get plenty of notice with signs and everything that your exit is coming up. Why does everybody have to go from the left lane all the way over to get off to the exit with like one hundred feet before the exit. It is so frustrating.
Speaker 2: Well, people don't think in a dance. It's they don't anticipate, you know, it's like that.
Speaker 8: I think it's more like it's all about me.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I'm saying. It is all about them.
Speaker 3: Wow, And they.
Speaker 2: And the idea is that they're the most important person on the road. Uh yeah, they like you they have to catch you off. It's the same way. It's the same symptom. When I talked the other night about people who are sitting at green lights, sitting in red lights, waiting there the first in line. The light turns and it takes them twenty seconds to step in the accelerator.
Speaker 3: What are they doing?
Speaker 2: I mean red light. I assume you're watching the red light to see when it turns, because if you're not watching the red light, then you shouldn't be in a car. But again, it's whatever they're doing, somebody's called them on the phone, or they got to make a phone call, or they got to check something. They got to check to see if they've had an important email or something. It's all, yeah, it's about them, Larry Simple.
Speaker 8: Well, your next segment is gonna be very interesting.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: Back when I was working, I owned the automotive spring shop in Chelsea, like forty forty Oddeas So Larry and Scott, I'm sure at some point I know they were and I sold us to the springtum at one point and I know them. Oh it'll be a nice Yeah.
Speaker 2: They're good, Larry. I appreciate it. Hope you hope you feel better, that's for sure. And uh thanks, Yeah, I know you're a Festivus guy, so I got to wish you a happy Festivus. You know, when you start celebrating quads and let me know, I wish you happy Quads of Christmas, Honicle, whatever you celebrate, I'm gonna I'm gonna wish you happy.
Speaker 8: Okay, And you're sticking with Festivus holiday for the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no problem. Do you have a big group down there in the cable celebrates Festivus?
Speaker 8: Everybody as soon as they see me. That's the first thing that I say. Larry, do you have your Festivus poll?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good? Six months seven two, five four to ten thirty. Six months seven nine, three one ten thirty. I think you're all ready for Scott and Larry. They'll be here right after the ten o'clock news. In the meantime, you got me for fifteen more minutes. Anything you'd like to talk about. It's open lines. We don't do it often, done it a couple of times in the last month. Take advantage of it. If you wait until like five minutes of ten, probably not going to get on. Give us a call. Six month seven two, five four to ten thirty six months, seven nineth three, one ten thirty. Whatever's on your mind? Coming back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ the news Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see if folks want to talk about Ron up in Salisbury. I see they're doing ran a lot of work on Salisbury Beach. Are you close to that?
Speaker 6: Hey, hey Dan? Yeah, just probably about five or ten blocks is Ron Tony Giadmo from Salisbury Beach.
Speaker 4: I used to talk to you when you first.
Speaker 6: Came on during the afternoons, uh, for your highlights. I just wanted to take a minute to wish you and your family a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year and twenty twenty five. I've been listening to you for a long long time, and I want to wish you and your family nothing but the best.
Speaker 2: My friendly Well, I really do appreciate that. Ron. That's really very kind of you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It picks my spirits up tonight because I'm sort of a hurt and puppy here, if you know what I'm saying. And uh, yeah, I'm looking looking forward to the uh to the car guys. But that's great so that that beach. Uh, I've followed that story. I know that Bruce har has been very much involved in that. And that's a beautiful beach up there, and it's it'd be hard beach.
Speaker 6: Bruce has been very good. He's our new senator for the district in Salisbury and before that we had our representative, which was kill course, but uh, you know, he's brought money in, you know, to I think it was a million dollars. Uh, you know, to stop you know, backfilling in this area because we we almost lost a couple of houses there, that's how close it was. And uh sure, I don't know if it's gonna wash away again, but you know, we're gonna keep our fingers crossed because Salisbury Beach is a beautiful place to be, especially those who live on the water. And I'm only one block over from the water, so it's uh, it's.
Speaker 2: Very if you don't even if you don't live in the water at the proximity of the beach, the fact that you can get out there and take a walk anytime of the year and smell that salt water. That's what what's living in Salisbury is all about. So as well as the bars date Marsha got.
Speaker 6: Up there exactly exactly. Thanks a lot, Dan, take care of yourself, my friend.
Speaker 2: Run very Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. Thanks so much for being such a loyal listener these these many years. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: That a great night.
Speaker 2: Let me go to George in Westwood. Hey George, how are you tonight?
Speaker 4: Hey? Dan, First and foremost, I hope you get better fast, especially before next Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: The only thing, the only view that I can recommend right now because I am a big vitamin freak. You can call me. See Vitamin D and selenium. Okay, So it's a selenium you m at the end. It's a it's a big anti oxidant. Okay, you don't want to take too much of it, but you know, one dose, let's say, you know, in the morning and one night before you go to bed. It really really helps Dand it's underrated.
Speaker 2: Let's just say that. And it's s A L E N I U M.
Speaker 4: I assume S E L E N I U M celen. Okay, And what do you get that you can pick him about any c v S or anything. Envitamin D. Yeah, absolutely, Vitamin D is also good for the cold. Okay, Vitamin D is basically when we get through that.
Speaker 2: I do vitamin D every day. I do C I do a multi vitamin. I do fish oil, I do magnesium oxide. Yeah, I'm a big vitamin guy. Uh and, and I've been very lucky. Every once in a while, I get hit with a nasty situation like I'm dealing with. But again, it's just been in my head and in my chest. So it's I think we're starting to get ahead of it. I get what they call a Z pack from my dog today, he said, he set that in. I got some some codeine which will help me sleep a little bit better tonight. We'll get up. We'll be fine. But have you have you avoided this this fall? I took all my shots. I took my flu shot a year ago, I got my RSV shot, I got my updated COVID shots, So I figured I was all set. I was healthy as a horse the entire year. Only the last two days it's it's just been miserable.
Speaker 4: Well, I have to admit I did not take any COVID shots. None of my family did, my wife, nor my daughter, and actually my wife had to. My wife had to retire from Harvard Business School because she refused to take the shot.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not fair. By the way, my daughter graduates.
Speaker 4: Let's just say, we're not gonna sue them. We're not going to sue them. He was either get either take the shot or get fired, they said. But because she had you know, she had completed her quarters or whatever they call it. You know, she was vested whatever they call it. She basically she completed them a few weeks before the deadline. So she went to hr HR said, you know what, you can retire and you can have the the insurance a health insurance package as a retiree that covers me as well. It costs me four hundred bucks a month then, and I got the best insurance in the world. Either. It's all good, exactly, and you know what, wait, we're happy. The other thing I wanted to say is lattery from the cape. A true festivus guy. He called in with his grievance, A true festivous guy. Okay, I'm the guy who I got it wrong. I'm the guy who called up and I said that maybe terrorist activity before the elections, we may not have elections. We had elections. My man one Okay, I'm still worried between now and generally twenty if that's all I wanted to say.
Speaker 2: I think it's very smoothly. I think people are going to be very happy. Uh. And again, he won the election, he won the popular vote, he won the electoral college vote. I am surprised that he was able to the greatest political comeback in the history of the country. I hope he has a better second term than he's in a fourth term that he had it.
Speaker 4: Well, he's picking his own people now, he's not trusting the back established. He's picking his own people. That's a good thing about him.
Speaker 2: All Right, Thank you, George, you got it. That's my home. You too, you too. Let me go next to Glenn and Brighton. Hey Glenn, welcome. How are you tonight?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm in now.
Speaker 3: I'm in a good move because you're doing open lies, which is my favorite thing. Because I had to do errands, I missed KRISTINUNU did anybody mention he did something I disagree with and I he banned Russian made Rodka because of Ukraine and I just for those of us like me, I'm an isolationist, as you know. I don't think U greens our flight. I just you know, I don't buy Russian madevot and number one it's too expensive. Number two, I hit I don't get you to New Hampshire anymore because my driver passed away four years ago, but he lived in New Hampshire. But having said that, as someone who was born and raised in the freest country in the world, I'd like to make my own decision as an adult, what kind of outcome I want to buy. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I suspect it probably probably you could buy Russian vodka somewhere other than New Hampshire.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: So it's just the idea. And they hadn't live free or dnasty. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it. Well, you know what I wish you called in. No one did raise the issue with Chris, but he had a great hour with him, and I hope you can listen to it at the nine o'clock hour and Tuesday night night side.
Speaker 3: Of the bed to mean you're going to rerun it?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's good. We're gonna rerun it. I think on Sunday night at eleven when we do the best off this coming Sunday night. Oh, I believe that was the hour we picked for this Sunday night. But you also have Nightside on demand on the computer I don't have on the internet. You can always listen to prior broadcast.
Speaker 3: We take everything now.
Speaker 2: I don't have cast form. No, I get it. I understand. I understand Dyke and a proud troglodyte as well, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: That's why my friends call me troggy pooh. But I just wanted to give a shout out to my favorite coll Christine and Denim. She's a mega too, She's my favorite core.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm sure she's to hear that right now. Glad I got to run because I'm up against it. I'm glad you got it.
Speaker 3: In Okay, Thank you much, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thanks thanks to Let me uh, let me see if I get Sean and havel Sean. Are you waiting for the car guys or do you want to say something quickly?
Speaker 9: No, I just want to say something quickly. I hope you get well soon, my friend and I actually real quickly. I actually started listening to you when my wife and I were living in Wilmington before twenty twenty and we just bought our first home in December of twenty twenty in Abril, and I'm listening ever since. And I love your show and I want to wish you and your family of very merry Christmas and very happy twenty twenty five and beyond, and as well as to all the listeners out there or Festivus or Honka, whatever you celebrate.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. That's great. Yes, that's what That's what Night Side is all about. Whatever you celebrate, we'll congrass.
Speaker 3: Thank you on.
Speaker 2: I'm a Christmas guy and I think you are as well. I'm going to wish you in yours.
Speaker 7: I definitely am.
Speaker 9: God bless you my friend.
Speaker 2: Thanks Seawan. We'll talk soon, Okay.
Speaker 5: Definitely on the other Okay, good night on the other side of the ten.
Speaker 2: Here come the car guys, get your questions, get in line. We'll be back right after the ten