Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services Ensure your most prized possessions.
Speaker 2: From Lois Concepts. We all know them from el Chorrow. How are you doing for me?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: How are you good? Good to have you in my kobe here as my intern, hoping to get through this, but we're still kind of can you hear us?
Speaker 4: Can you?
Speaker 2: Can you hear me? Probably not too. We got to get ahold of your guy here and see what. Just text him and let him know what's going on. I hope everybody out there can hear us. I welcome. I wanted to have you on because you were on before you talked about some of the things that you'd wish you could do. I want to do, and we're going to talk about U A sports right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You're a big You're a big dude in in in the I shouldn't say big, big supporter of the program and have been for years.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, wildcat for life for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh what you you a grat?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who you?
Speaker 6: Can?
Speaker 7: I ask you what you're ninety Jewish lady. Jewish took me a little while I had fun and called and.
Speaker 2: As you should, as we all should. Uh so so now, uh, I'm sure you were liking what was going on for a while, uh this decade?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do you feel now? Well?
Speaker 7: As a fan, I mean, I'm I'm you know, there's some pain. I love the way baseball ended last year. I love that we went out as a last PAC twelve. Yeah, champion. I think that was amazing fun to be part of that. And liked what happened last year. And in our big sports you know, if you want to call them that last season, yeah, yeast season and you know it, it's I get it.
Speaker 4: Things happened. You know, we all have our our ups and downs. I think.
Speaker 7: My my perspective on this is like, you know, the Wildcats and Tucson are synonymous, they go hand in hand. I think we can't no matter what's going on, we can't afford, you know, our community can't afford not to support that that team, good or bad, good or bad?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Bad?
Speaker 2: Right? Right? I'm sure I know we all know what you do for a living with your great restaurants. Is life better when they're winning when it coordates to you?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I'm lucky enough to have some information in front of me now, and then that kind of wakes me up. And for the facts that are in front of us as a community. And I was in I was at a presentation for a visit Tucson. I'm on the board of that, and we were looking at some numbers and on this chart were the biggest tourism bed tax, which also you can correlate that there's probably good sales tax attached to that, which is what pays for fire and safety and et cetera in our community. Of the big dates that were on that graph, five of the biggest dates, four or five of the biggest dates in our community, we're tied of the university and JEM shows one of them, of course, almost number one. Yeah, we all know, well, that's just funny, it's not it's not really in actuality. When you looked at what they were talking about, parents weekend, you know, homecoming, you know, you of a move in graduation, those are huge dates of commerce for the Tucson business community.
Speaker 2: I would have never ever thought that, Yeah, okay, And so.
Speaker 7: When you correlate them against like something against like the Gem Show, or compared to the Gem Show, you realize how really critical important it is. And if we have a team or teams that are performing at those times, you know, then I think those numbers go up. Conversely, if we have teams that aren't or it's not going well, or we're not playing a worthy component let's say opponent, rather maybe maybe they go down. Yeah, you know last year last season, when Washington came into town and they were doing well and we were doing well, there was rumors that there were hotel rooms on the black market, one for two thousand a night, that people had gone out and sub We're subleasing apartments like on Craig, you know, condos and hotels because it was in such hot demand. That's that doesn't happen a lot in Tucson, and that's tied to, you know, our athletic performance. So I don't I don't sit here like this diehard fan that just because of wins or losses. I look at it like it's good business and we need to support that. Sure, how how often would you see that? That's I'm sure you did. What was last week?
Speaker 2: Last Friday was the twenty second right Duke was in town. Not a whole lot of Duke fans coming into town.
Speaker 4: A pretty good amount.
Speaker 7: But I mean a few, right, I mean, what's the weather like elsewhere in the world, and when our sports are going on, everywhere else is not as wasn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's beautiful here right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, you know if if hopefully uh you know, it's more it's pretty er here than Phoenix too, for sure, So hopefully we'll see a lot of them come down and that will beat them.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I assume it could be maybe forty sixty if Arizona fans, you know, kind of the the loyal UI fans decided to go back because there'll be a lot of a issue fans. Yeah, well, typically you've been there a number of times where the underdog, which Arizona is, always comes through a issues too when they're underdog.
Speaker 7: Sure, yeah, it's a it's a it is a true rivalry, and it's a true business rivalry. We have friends of our who are in business up there. It's a I remember I was partners with the Basha family and we did a business together, and and Trey or Edward the third bash of was the asu Grad and we had a meeting once and in the room they were replaying the U of a game against a su and it was one at ASU one.
Speaker 4: Sure, it was a tough meeting for me. Bro and I had a tough.
Speaker 7: Meeting that day because I already knew we already knew that we lost, but I had to sit there while it was replaying in the background.
Speaker 4: He enjoyed every minute of it.
Speaker 2: Right right, Well, now the next time you have a meeting down here, you know what to do, absolutely, yeah, yeah, yeah. So so you let's let's be transparent. You feed the guys, you feed the football team.
Speaker 7: At least, we do a lot of catering for the U of A, do a lot of sports team food fulfillment for the university, just and and a lot of they're pretty good about spreading the business around to a lot of locals. Of course, you know, there's there's the chain restaurants. You can't help, you know, the kids like the Chick fil A or whatever have you. But we're fortunate to be in there. We work with a nutritionists on a lot of different teams, everything from track and field to swimming to the girls sports in the men's sports.
Speaker 4: So we we've been lucky and we.
Speaker 7: Have a restaurant that kind of is almost dedicated to that right. We have a little restaurant called Charo Chico over on Campbell and Prints our newest venture, and we we use that kitchen a lot to satisfy the needs of you of action.
Speaker 4: So it's what is it?
Speaker 2: It's uh good? Arran?
Speaker 4: Was it? No? No charge? Chico's a taco shop. I mean it has kind of everything.
Speaker 7: But we don't just make you know, our our known Mexican food stuff there. We'll do kind of everything. They like, you know, Asian ginger chicken, or they like Mongolian bee, or they might they might like a Greek salad.
Speaker 4: So we do.
Speaker 7: We have some chefs there that are pretty well versed and we do a lot of different food for them. And again in consideration of what the nutrition is. Want one of the what are the kids' favorites?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Kids are?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're they're athletes, right, and well they got to have a lot of protein, right, so a lot of time there's a lot of chicken, a lot of steak. They love, they love Middle Eastern flavors, they like Mediterranean flavors, a lot of Asian flavors. And then you know, they we do what we do well with the Mexican food side with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, of course. Uh, let's talk real quick about the show that we're gonna have today. We're going to talk a little bit more about foot All the big Game this weekend with one of our regulars Lamont Hunley, talked about what's going on for Saturday. We always good and honest thoughts from Lamont. And then in the second hour, we're gonna have your guy right to Ben.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're gonna bring Ben Chulick on from the Arizona.
Speaker 2: Ball right right there. Done a fantastic job. I know that they're trying to get some tickets sold here. I'm sure I'm getting I'm getting a few for for myself for that big game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, that's again something that is going to bring a lot of dollars and financial impact to our community. And the more sold out the stadium is, the more those sponsors and those those people that have invested are going to have a return, and that's what we want. So they keep coming back here every year. Typically we've seen a pretty good game. Now we have a pretty big name attached to it. Really, how much how much do you think that name? This is a stupid question, It's an easy question, but has has helped with the sales or the worldwide look at it. I think it's a timing issue, right if if number one, I don't know if we would have landed this had it been after the right right because he became he blew up so much with his you know, with that kind of almost risky move that the Olympics made to put him involved. He became even more important and more of a celebrity and more powerful because he transcended his just his rap career and became this really kind of great spokesperson.
Speaker 4: So I think the Bowl got lucky.
Speaker 7: Great timing on the Bowl committee and kimideron that team to do that and picking up the pieces from the barstool sports part and getting this and then you know there's more to it. I don't know if you know he's bringing his youth football program here. I mean he's going to have some twenty I think plus teams youth football coming to Tucson. Those are families, that's what we want, right. Those are family staying in hotels, eating out at restaurants, shopping locally. That's what we want. We want that multi generational tourism into our market to fall in love with Tucson because they can come back here and way we can do more.
Speaker 4: With them, and at a great time of the year, right, hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know all he predicts every year seventy one degrees, but you know, could could very well happen. Happens a lot. Yeah, and what does Arizona or what does Tucson say? The most beautiful weather? Absolutely the beautiful weather, and the great food and the great food, right right, you can and you have a variety of lists, obviously, sure from you know the varieties. Yeah, okay, Uh, let's let's kind of stick with football. Well, we're still at it. Then we'll go to basketball in a bit. No, no, no, let's start with basketball because we can always and talked more with with Lamont basketball. To a man, it's probably disappointing so far, but I've always said, nothing happens in November, even when they do well in November.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And here we are, right, they play tomorrow in the Bahamas. Uh, we'll see what happens. Time to regroup, kind of see you get away and and kind of see what happens. You were at the game on Friday, I saw I saw your highlights of the of the girl who who's tossing plates on the phenomenal Yeah she is. Everyone was pulling for her and she pulled it off. Your thoughts on this team, well, it's sport, it's youth. I do think that there's a like behind it all. And I actually was with Lamont one year and I don't think he'll remember to start, I'll bring it up. When we were in an airport together, we were talking about kids getting paid and what you know, this may before, before, before, and I out right, and so now that there's this money involved, you know, is.
Speaker 4: That added pressure? Is that an added distraction?
Speaker 7: It's so new, it's such a wild West environment With that, it kind of wondered, like, what are these coaches managing because they're no longer just managing the expectation of a basketball game. They're running a business with employees, and it's a very different environment and that performance and what does that translate to the image the highlight reeal issues.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 7: I can't imagine what it's like now. I go back like you, I mean, we're older and we've been in the game for a while. But while I didn't wasn't on your side of sports or in sports involved, I always had athletes around because we had entertained.
Speaker 2: You probably know more about it than me because they could be open more.
Speaker 7: Open, absolutely, But I also remember being like slapped on the wrist if I was going to buy an athlete a burrito, you know, because I couldn't do anything before sure, you know, and we had athletes that were friends that I couldn't even buy a dinner for without a violation issue. So now it's so different, you know, it's it's got to be different for them to in the culture their face.
Speaker 2: You hit it on the head at least in my philosophy. How are you going to be you know, Brennan, Tommy Lloyd, whomever a dea bars these people? These student athletes are making pretty good money. Pretty good money, I'm not, you know, not a little money. How do you tell these student athletes, I want to call kids or not kids after they're making money, to do better, to work harder, to do all these things.
Speaker 4: But they're already getting paid, right, right.
Speaker 2: You're your boss, you have these people, you're and and I know this is a bad way to look at it, but these kids are getting paid and they have already been paid, right, How do you motivate them.
Speaker 7: And they've got a million voices in their head and a million voices in their ear is telling them what they're worth right down there's grass is greener on some other side.
Speaker 4: And sure, you know, how can you not be distracted by that? And that?
Speaker 7: Heck, at any age, I mean I've been distracted right now right assured said, hey, Ray, you can come do this for that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, give up what you have now I'll make it even better right over here, right you know, that's it's a tough decision. I'm not sure if you could talk about this, and I don't know, maybe we'll talk about it out the air. We have a discussion here in the spring, nil potential. You want to talk about that or can you talk about Do you remember our conversation?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, we've been working on some solutions in my side businesses. I've always kind of been in marketing and event type of programming. We did a lot with back in the day in the casino space. That was my background and helped do a lot with Abba. Heck, the Tamali Festival is going on right now.
Speaker 4: I'm proud to know. I'm proud to let everybody.
Speaker 7: Know that I helped start the Tamali Festival down at Abba and the Casino.
Speaker 4: But you know, I think.
Speaker 7: What the Arizona Bowl was doing, what some of these collectives are doing out there, two different animals, but could be potentially an evolution to where the hospitality rather the nonprofit community sector could actually benefit from having athletes in our community out there doing good and out there doing things. I think we might be able to do that with something like a fifty to fifty raffle that the Diamond Bats do, that the Dodgers do, a lot of professional teams do, and some colleges do it. Kentucky's doing it right now and bringing that into the fold with the university to help. So we've you know, we've created some concepts for them to look at really just as a support machn sure to figure out, hey, sure, how do we make a little more fun to go to a game? Maybe gamify it a little bit at adding some function where you know, you might win some money, but also you might do a lot of good for the local community through the use of athletes and their and their prowess and their and their and their connections.
Speaker 2: We have just less than a minute, so you've already proposed that we've been working on it for all Yeah. Yeah, so and you've said Kentucky already instituted, yeah, yes, and I'm sure many others a few others.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Uh. When we talked, I thought it was a fantastic idea. And each game, right, each game you get something. It's money you don't have now, right that you could generate six games whatever Sigamas games do you make twenty five thousand, whatever.
Speaker 7: The price, but there's a twenty thousand dollars pot, and half of it goes to a charity, and half of it goes to a winning fan, and the charity hires athletes to to put on youth youth events, youth camps, motivational clinics, things like that. For a community, I think, I think one thing, Having a fifteen year old baseball player, for instance, in my household, you know, they become tone deaf when the gray hair start coming out. Having some of these youth athletes talking to the kid athletes like these U of a guys.
Speaker 4: Talking to you of a kids? What amazing mentorship?
Speaker 2: Short me, no, no, no question. I will talk more about that in a second. We're gonna go. I'm breaking, then talk to mister Hunley here on the other side. Thanks for everybody.
Speaker 8: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games to award winning dining too, world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 4: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 8: Discover with Soul Casino Dell Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 4: Are you ready enterprise of Fasco Yaki.
Speaker 9: Try The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Housey aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for money to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your love. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato rock materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Tip We'll call at five two zero four zero zero four two three three.
Speaker 3: Where do you buy exercise equipments?
Speaker 2: Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 4: Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else.
Speaker 4: At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals.
Speaker 10: Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve.
Speaker 4: Arizona Health the leading.
Speaker 3: Edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 11: On twenty second, just west of Wilmot School and the fall sports season are in full stride. Time to give that special student athlete a creative award for his or her efforts. They are deserving It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a crisp looking embroidered school corporate logo on caps, shorts or long sleeve follows. And why not get some fresh looking promotional products representing your school or corporation, or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season for over one thousand fun items of choose room. Come visit Creative Awards at Creative awardsaz dot com or see our Idea center at you twenty eight Westrackman Street.
Speaker 10: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or called five two oh six eight five six two six Today in MLS three oh eight seven, Arizon AA b K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, Got commitment to lindrixon credit rates and available loan programs of subject to change the NUN notice.
Speaker 11: Did you know collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around.
Speaker 3: Whether you're looking at a chart or.
Speaker 11: Expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination.
Speaker 4: As one of the.
Speaker 11: Leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games. From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on EA Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere shruy Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 12: On a road trip or just around town. Driving a car you can afford is more important than ever.
Speaker 4: At Pyramid Federal.
Speaker 12: Credit Unions, our one rate auto.
Speaker 4: Loan is for everyone.
Speaker 12: One rate offers a single competitive rate no matter the credit score. You can borrow better with here in that For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid FCU dot com slash one rate. Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 13: Got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete Desert Pest management specialists can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Want to build your business better, There's no better place than the Arizona Business Networking Conference December tenth through the twelfth at Casino del Sol. Meet thirty five premier speakers including UA All American, Ricky Hunty, Hall of Fame coach, Mike Hendrea, CEOs and more. Expand your professional network, explore new opportunities and learn from industry leaders. Get your tickets at Tuson Business Networking dot Com slash Conference once again. That's at Tucson Business Networking dot Com Slash Conference.
Speaker 5: Streamy live on the iHeartRadio WI. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me down on Lamont?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: How are you good afternoon? Lamon, honey, We're good afternoon. How are you guys? We're doing fine. I have mister Ray Flores here with me.
Speaker 3: You got my little buddy with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let me ask them.
Speaker 7: Was busying selling equipment right now, So that's why he was. He's taking an order, I know him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got you got some commercial suner. You got Reggie Geary doing something, some work and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, but you know the problem is I had to pay Reggie though the rest of my talent is free.
Speaker 4: Expensive and you never see Reggie wear the same thing twice?
Speaker 3: Right word, no, exactly.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you before we get into the to the weekends games, uh and the and the game, what's your fondest memory as a player playing against the issue?
Speaker 6: Well, you know my well my obviously, my fondest memory is beating them all, beating them at least three years of the time that I played against them.
Speaker 3: My freshman year we.
Speaker 6: Lost, but from there on we that's my sophomore years when we started the street, the street back in those days, that that ten year running street. But as far as actual strong memoryes is, you know the impact of the game of winning the games and what it meant to the community here in Tucson.
Speaker 3: I mean I can.
Speaker 6: Recall, you know, watching the fans just you know, standing there cheering us on, and even up there when we played.
Speaker 3: Them up in h in Phoenix.
Speaker 6: I mean, our our fan base was so strong and travels with us. So even after the game, we had that corner where our fan base was there and you know, cheering us on and showing out, showing appreciation to you know.
Speaker 3: From what we did throughout the game and whatnot.
Speaker 6: So you know, I still see those memories and still watch people cheering us on after we you know, we beat up on the scum doubles, right, what yours growing up.
Speaker 2: Well as a day huse kick or something.
Speaker 7: I mean this, I mean, sure, Max, I've seen Max win was great.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: I I have a lot of friends, Like I said, they do business in Phoenix with us, and we're always looked at as a little you know, the little step child down here. So anytime we beat any of them, it's a great day for me because I love I love rubbing it up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you remember much about the Honey Brothers.
Speaker 4: You're really a lot older than me.
Speaker 5: You were.
Speaker 6: Specifically, Hey, it's Ray was one of those not whole sections.
Speaker 4: I was a kid out there selling stuff. Are you getting me? I always worked the game time right.
Speaker 2: Tell me historically and it's invariably historically that it's always the underdog that shows up to play big games. And here we are, m hm oh yeah.
Speaker 6: And you know that's that always been the history in regards to that game. You know, the underdog, you know, because that's I mean, what else they got to play for? It is more than I mean, basically pride and and and we're in that situation now where we're playing for pride, you know, we we're playing for the bragging rights of the state coach.
Speaker 3: The coaching staff is playing for recruiting rights of the state.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: So if you can go out there and and and and take control of this game and win this game, I mean, you got a whole year that you can brag, you know, to those guys up north. It you know, you know, you won this game, and you capture this game, and you got the best recruits because of that, and it's just hold on to it. I mean, I tell you one thing, when you when you go up there and and you've got relationships, and off my case, you end up getting relationship with some of the guys you played against. And you know, at that point in time.
Speaker 3: It's not as you know, violent as it used to be.
Speaker 6: But now it becomes more it becomes more more of a one up on them and a jab on them, you know.
Speaker 3: So those guys that I see that I.
Speaker 6: You know, I played against, or maybe generations before me or years before me, you know, So having having the fact that we won that game, and we can and I can look at those guys and laugh at those guys and let them know that we got your butts this year, you know, and and and none you can do about it.
Speaker 3: Just take it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean I growing up as a fan, growing as a local tuths On guy, and you know, now with everything that's changed, and I think this is probably what prompted Steve da ask me to come on today. Emotionally speaking, this is like the one game really that matters to me. I mean not that I don't want to beat TCU, I don't want to beat some other school, but the fact that there's no more packed well, the fact that those games of driving eight hours to see you know us beat up on USC or being in that stadium, or being in the coliseum. The fact that all that's gone and what we're left with really is this singular this singular rivalry. It's somewhat poetic, but it's also it means almost so much more right now for me because this is kind of it, Like my kid, I think it's going to take a generation for people to fall back in love with beating a Kansas for beating because like for me, I don't, you know, I want to win, but I mean I wanted to kill I wanted us to see his beat all those packed packed twelve schools all.
Speaker 4: It's what I grew up with.
Speaker 7: Like, I wanted us to win everything we could possibly win with, you know. And now it's just like, oh, we beat tc where's TCU again? You know? And and again I'm not I'm a I'm a Wildcat fan. That doesn't mean I'm this sports fan. I like sports, but I mean I'm not going to read up about I don't read the sports pages. I followed the Wildcats so when they're playing teams that I know that I've been to those stadiums, and of course you know I've been in that stadium when we when we've lost. It's pretty rough being a Wildcat fan in that stadium. And I've seen the way they behave and you know, I'm the guy that was at the current game when they talk bad to him, you know, and his father and know about that. So I've had I've had an anger about as U for for since I was a little kid. So I want to see his beat them all the time in every sport makes sense.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: That's just to pick it back on what you're saying that Ray looking at it at that perspective, I honestly never did because of the fact is that, like you say, you know, we we we're losing something.
Speaker 3: We lost something traditionally.
Speaker 6: Being the Pac twelve, you know, and and and and game in and game out, there was always something you know, regards to playing a Pack twelve opponent. And the only thing that we got left of that is you don't playing the issue, you know, And I think I think that is a very you know, stronger point, a point that you make not only from you know, a fans perspective, but also as a formal player, you know, because that's the only thing we can hold on too, as far as having you know, something that associated with the Pac twelve or Pack ten or Pack eight, whatever you want to call it, because that's the only thing that exists now is playing SU and that that traditional rivalry you know, that's been going on for such a long period of time. You know, it's it's the only thing that can hold us to that conference again.
Speaker 3: So that I think that's a real good perspective there that you just made.
Speaker 7: Well, there's a romanticism right to sports, right, there's a sort of there's an emotional connection, there's one that it's got passion in it, and and when you don't have that, like I've never been in those stadiums that we're playing in now, I don't know if I'll get to it. At this junction of my life. I'm pretty busy. I'm not if I'm going to fly across the country and a special game, it'd have to be and I don't want to be in snow or cold weather, so I'm kind of abanzing when it comes to that. I want to stay on the well where it's warm. So for me, not going back to the colls him. But you know, at least I can go up to you know, Tempe Stadium and see us win there.
Speaker 4: That's something that I feel like.
Speaker 2: If I could real quick with that. So they're four and seven right now, right, So, so they win this and it's been it's been I don't know if miserables right, and it word for the season. You can tell me what the word is for you guys. But now they if they win five and five and seven, does that sound better? Does it feel better because it beat the issue or it's.
Speaker 4: Still a season that wasn't pleasing? Go ahead?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I think the thing back then is that you know, when you when you're under five hundred, to me, it's just unacceptable period.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just unacceptable.
Speaker 6: I mean if the fact that they couldn't go a bowl game is unacceptable in my eyes in regards to my expectation of what we what I was looking forward to them wanting, you know, and so that's unacceptable but disappointing. But but but when this game and beating their hue, I mean, it's it's just basically going to allow me to.
Speaker 3: You know, possibly take some of that.
Speaker 6: Pressure off of them in regards to that because the fact that we did beat these guys and not giving and we beat them at a critical time, because the fact is that these guys could be playing in the pot, the Big Twelve championship game, you know, you know, so by beating them. And actually it goes back to my I think it was my sophomore year. We played them here and they came down with the roses in their mouths and they ready to you know, come in here and just you know, kill us and go back up there and go to Rose Bowl.
Speaker 3: And we end up taking that opportunity from them.
Speaker 6: And and I think that's basically what this game at this point in time is all about, you know, taking that opportunity away from them, as far as trying to get that being able to go to the to the Big twelve and playing in that championship game, you know, and that right there will be a big old sting to them because that's a lot of money they could be taken off the table if we take that opportunity from them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I look, I come at it from again a fans perspective, a business perspective.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 7: You know, I don't have the player's background that Lamont has going through all that and the emotion, but I can tell you that it in the in the columns of wins and losses. I'd like to see Tucson have more more marks than the win callm than losses against Phoenix in general. I mean, we look, they got spring training from us. You know, they get they get the Final Fours, they get the Super Bowls. We need this, like our community needs this. It's important to everybody beyond and it's and it's to me. It's bigger than the football game. So I hope they do. I hope they put it all on the line.
Speaker 4: And win this one.
Speaker 2: So Solomon, you talked, you said something earlier that struck me, and you would know this because you're a former player. So UVEA beats them here this weekend. And you've talked about recruiting battles or whatever. Do you think kids really care about that stuff or now with nil and opportunities to play and all that stuff, that even matters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm I still think that an impact of a rivalry game and how it turns out because it's an emotional thing at the moment.
Speaker 3: I mean, they see, you know, the.
Speaker 6: Emotion of that game take place in regards to you know, it can be just recruits on the sideline that's just here for this weekend.
Speaker 3: And these kids would you know what. Anyway, The thing is.
Speaker 6: They could work both ways, boss, because that kid might be thinking he's you.
Speaker 3: Know, he might be going to Sue. And I'm talking to.
Speaker 6: More kids that's in this local community because these kids want to be able to have their parents and their family see them play, you know, so we can have us one of those star kids Moud in the Phoenix area to come.
Speaker 3: Down here and be on that sideline. And he and he realized that, well, you know what, Gosh, you know, maybe I need to be down here. I like the environment, but I see with what these guys doing on the sideline with with with their players, I like what they see.
Speaker 6: And everything like that, and it gives me an opportunity, you know, far enough away but close enough with my parents, you know.
Speaker 3: So I think it does.
Speaker 6: Work on that end as far as the emotion of the game at that moment. And and now I can reflect back when I my recruiting trip here as a high school senior was the ESU game. So I came out here on the ESU game and I looked out there. We got beat fifty sixty seven, I think it was, and I believe that was the Vernon.
Speaker 3: I call it the Vernon.
Speaker 6: Maxwell game because he beat us up and down the field. Okay, Ricky wasn't playing, Pace wasn't playing. All these linebackers wasn't playing. They was all out, you know. So now me, I'm like, God, this gives me an opportunity to come to a university that I can be a part of and play.
Speaker 3: And playing linebacker. They probably need me more than ever, you know.
Speaker 6: So, I mean it's just those little twists like that and those things that you think as a kid that does can take place and will take place, and the motion of the.
Speaker 3: Game will happen.
Speaker 2: So to both of you, guys, we have about three three four minutes. What needs to happen this week? Yeah, read first.
Speaker 7: Well, it's the last game for us, right, I mean, you should go out on a high note, the simplest terms of all life things. I mean, but you play your ass and you go out on top.
Speaker 4: I mean it.
Speaker 7: You know, I've had restaurants that we've closed before. In the last day it was probably more memorable than the first. So you know, it's the last game. This one matters.
Speaker 4: You got to go out on top. Yeah, what about you?
Speaker 3: You know, well, you know I. I. I remember one time I talked to the kids. They you know, they they years ago.
Speaker 6: They asked us to, you know, former guys, come back and talk to the players about this particular.
Speaker 3: Game, you know.
Speaker 6: And the thing that I tell them told them at that time, and I probably said the same thing today.
Speaker 3: My thing is.
Speaker 6: Create your moment and create your last memory of something, and let.
Speaker 3: It be impactful. You have to let it be impactful.
Speaker 6: But this is your last game you can play either senior you can be the last game you played or underclass and in the last game.
Speaker 3: You can play this year.
Speaker 6: So why not create something impactful that you can remember the rest of your life, the rest of your life, you know.
Speaker 3: And I was fortunate enough.
Speaker 6: To be in situations where, of course we won the game, but there was plays that I was a part of that had some kind of impact to allow us to win the game.
Speaker 3: So if you.
Speaker 6: Put yourself in that situation as a player, and collectively all of them play that way, the outcome will come our way. We should win this game, and that'll be your lasting memory of this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, good, good answer for both of you. One more time, one more question. You guys are a businessmen in the business, in the community, you know, outstanding guys who they asked for, you guys to do a lot. I'm sure they do it. I'm just assuming this the u of a you guys, I don't know if you were there for the DESIRET meeting maybe three four months ago up in the sands stub right. I find it. I don't have the money to do it, and they're not asking me. But when they're losing like this and you're giving money already, how difficult is it to reach back in the pocket and do it again when you saw no return or little return.
Speaker 7: Well, for me, the business sides, we don't go away or we commit on the business side with the university, I think it might be hard for me on the nil side. I haven't really dabbled in that very much, but I think that would be a hard thing because of the of the confusion and the uncertainty of the portal. I think that's something that unfortunately everybody's got to be pondering, like how that is not going to work. But we know there's changes coming. It's just going to be a rugby road till then. Yeah, yeah, what about you Lamont?
Speaker 6: Well, Well, I think those change, those changes basically gonna, you know, allow it to create its own path.
Speaker 3: You know in my head it's gonna create its own path.
Speaker 6: But again, you know, my thing is this is I to even tell these you know that the people that's over there, these directors or whatever you want to call it, these ads are trying to come to you, to get you to support this thing.
Speaker 3: First and foremost, you don't understand who your audience is.
Speaker 6: Get to know your audience, Okay, get to know Tucson is a small town.
Speaker 3: Okay, twu Son is a very small town.
Speaker 6: So at least get to know those people who are in the in your only support in your town.
Speaker 3: It's a reciprocal thing.
Speaker 6: If you want somebody to give to you, you should be out there.
Speaker 3: Giving back in one force, passion another. Now I'm a double ed sword here.
Speaker 6: I flipped the coin because I'm a formal player, and I also give back to the community here. Now, the formal player in me is the reason why I step up more than anything else, because the fact is that I see those kids of need, and I was one of those kids of need, and so I thank me giving back to the kids on that aspect, and I say the kids, not the university. And that's that's the end of it, because I know kids still have a need. And so that that formal player in me step up and think that way as a business man. And I want to and I do as much as I can do. You know that I'm capable of doing in this community. And and but my thing is just appreciate what little bit they give you, to what big amount they give you, show their appreciation and reciprocate.
Speaker 2: Right right, No good answer, no good answer, Hey lemon, thank you you Saturday.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, bear down, all right, Ray, Hey Ray, give me a burrito. Bro.
Speaker 3: I'll be up there.
Speaker 4: You need too, Bro, I got you, all right.
Speaker 3: Baby, thank you.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break here and come back on the other side of text. Arizona Men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for newly forty years now. Take a look back at the Ludelsen era in my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's loved coach. Lessons from Luton is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 14: Hi, this is former Wildcat Lemonhnely with Arizona helth Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space in your life. We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gyms in freeway to quick.
Speaker 3: I'll certify fitness.
Speaker 14: Experts and technicians will set you out with the right equipment and training to get you started and keep you going. Visit our shureroom today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead to adge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 15: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make some day today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial dad available, It's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career You want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash someday, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky movement, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today. Let's score big on your insurance with the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen Nord Campbell or call him at five two zero three two three nine three three three. Selling your home want to get more money for it? Well, Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home you Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Army Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home of Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 5: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Subscribe now to the podcast on the iHeartRadio while just search I on the Ball.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to my I'm the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera with me today is great futus from Charle franchise.
Speaker 7: Char franchise, Not sure, maybe franchise. You got so many of them. That's more like a circuit.
Speaker 2: You probably you probably think about that stuff all the time. You probably overthink things.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I have to, yeah, otherwise you can't be man. You have to be maniced to be in this.
Speaker 2: Business right right, and and patient too, and and crazy and crazy for sure, because it's it ain't easy, especially restaurant pisiness.
Speaker 4: It's twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so so I'm sure you talking to you a little over fifty. You never would have ever thought, I know, I would have never ever thought the kids are making what they're making, especially how they're making it. Name m is like this, I get it, I get it. Okay, you're doing this commercial for this, for this, but not pay to play pretty much, right right? You know, flipping schools. I'm sure you saw the the party guy to you now he's going and who knows for how much. Yeah, it ain't partly cheap either.
Speaker 4: Some of the folks in this country.
Speaker 7: A million bucks is no big deal to pay to have your alma mater get something that you want, so right right, I mean, look at the videos of Texas that are on social media. Lamborghinis, Lamborghini College. I mean it's just crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We talked about this yesterday and then I got a call here. Let's see if we get it. Hello, you're on the air and I on the ball.
Speaker 13: There.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yes, I am.
Speaker 11: I just wanted to mention I called up to try to get a couple of tickets.
Speaker 6: For myself and my grandsons to go to the game.
Speaker 3: Holy cow, that's out there are one hundred and fifty one hundred and eighty dollars tickets.
Speaker 6: There are some available on the Noseblade, but they're single tickets. Who's buying them all? Asu fans?
Speaker 3: No question, no question.
Speaker 6: I just I just figured it was such a dismal showing.
Speaker 3: They'd be giving them away. No, boy, is I wrong?
Speaker 2: No? In fact, I called one of our buddies party Righty knows who he is, and I asked, Hey, do you got a couple for me for this weekend? He says, no, My Phoenix people have already taken him up. So I've gotten No, it's going to be sixty forty, if not fifty to fifty in that stadium.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree. So any chance of any chance of upset?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. In your heart of hearts, who is this? I think you've called it for?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: My name is Jill, you so and Ray?
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, But in your heart of hearts, I think that Arizona still has some talent there to play hard for these guys. And we we know we's cantaby with all this tough. I think there's some some of that in them left that they can kind of show, you know, show who they are, maybe for this one game. So yes, eight and a half point underdogs. I take the points.
Speaker 6: That maybe stars, yeah, go ahead, right, stars, Maybe the stars of all aligned for us this game and we'll actually have a game where we put it all together.
Speaker 2: Well you've been waiting for it, right, why not now? Okay, thank you, thanks for calling, Thanks for calling. Yeah, that's not a shock. I mean to price is very high.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, look, tuisson sometimes has to wake up. We're a real market. Then prices are going to go up. You know, it is what it is, go everywhere.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you last week, last Friday, I assume those are your tickets, right, do you have tickets?
Speaker 4: A few of them in that building up? So you use yours any temptation to get rid of.
Speaker 2: Some although I heard that the ticket prices went down the day.
Speaker 4: Of yeah on the.
Speaker 7: Basketball Yeah, yeah, yeah, there was a temptation and we we thought we'd listed them for a minute.
Speaker 4: Then we took them back down.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I mean it's uh, you know, look, it's like anything, right, there's surge pricing there. You can go to a movie on Tuesday night and pay half. You go on a Friday night, you're paying double, right, So when it gets big and the lights are.
Speaker 4: Big, the tickets are going to go up. It's surely expensive.
Speaker 2: Sure, I wouldn't think that they would be that pricey this weekend. But if you asu, fans are going to come down and hey, you might be busy.
Speaker 7: Yeah we might, I hope. So you know, so with both the game, people hopefully go out to dinner afterwards, so yeah, yeah, and we'll be busy in concessions and people eating up.
Speaker 2: So that's good, right, No, no, no, A lot to play for for both sides. Because as Lamon said, they win this game and they're playing in the Big twelve tournament.
Speaker 7: Can I just say this and so this on the I'm on the record with you. I don't set the beer prices. I don't make I don't make money on the beer prices very much. That goes to the concession partner of the university. I only sell food. I'm more of a a more of a beer mule if anything, because I don't really make a lot of money on them.
Speaker 2: So I know I saw you last at the it was already before the season started, right Yeah for the food, the new food, Yeah, and desirely raved about some of the things, right, is that special?
Speaker 4: Food for the for the stadium ers. It's just you.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, I mean, we we do things because of the portability and the and the facility, right because we're not working in in really sophisticated kitchens.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh, you know a lot of the university's outlets are older, so we have to I mean, we're outfitted for that because we have a model where we have kitchens that can support that. But yeah, I mean there's there's no doubt that we're we're kind of in a mash kitchen really like a mash unit of food.
Speaker 4: Every every game. So it's difficult.
Speaker 7: We have a good team that I'm glad they were they execute, uh, but we have to make food that that's capable to.
Speaker 4: Be done in that environment and for speed and for value.
Speaker 2: Quick yeah, quick quick comvalue.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So some of the stuff that you had out there were very good, the Charles and the Yeah, I can't I can't remember.
Speaker 7: It's been so long and we've had you know, we've had not just jumping sports, but we've got a really good uh some good success with women's basketball lately. For a long time, you know, people didn't it was not something I've idea has done an amazing job. And that fan base seems to go there and actually enjoy a night out and they're sure they're eating and they're enjoying basketball.
Speaker 4: Totally different fan base, totally crazier base. Yeah, and and they're spending money. I love them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love the basketball. And again, who would have thought. I don't know, eight years ago, I was. I was like, I've been here a long time, you know that. And they were doing so well in the in the n I T And I'm thinking they have ten thousand people in this arena. I would have never ever ever thought that. Yeah, a year or two later, they're playing in the final four and for a national job. She never ever would have thought.
Speaker 7: That idea is fantastic. I think she's such a great spokesperson for our community in our school.
Speaker 2: She is because she cares that she may care a little too much.
Speaker 7: But you got to have that, you know, without the passion, without question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, how many times have you seen that passion? Wise?
Speaker 4: Loot was here.
Speaker 2: He did it in a subtle, authoritative way, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 7: Oh, if you you know, I didn't know Luke very well, but why I didn't know one thing he was a shark of a person. He had such a presence about him and he knew it too. Oh yeah, he knew it. He cleared a room with just a look. Yeah, he was John Waynis type of a personality, you know, where you could just come in and sure he can set the tone pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because once he comes in you, yeah, you're thinking, oh, everyone's thinking that's well.
Speaker 7: The dude ever had a wrinkle on him, right, I mean he always looked like a million bucks and more. Now he'd be worth a billion bucks, I guess. So, yeah, he was impressed. And Adiya has that, she's polished, she's got she's got a great presence about her. Tommy has it in a different way. Tommy and then me. And let me tell you we we work with these these folks, right like, we go in and we cater in their homes and we deal with Tommy and his wife are a class act like like maybe no other we've ever dealt with. They are amazing to work with. They're very, very humble, they're very considered of the people that you know, I mean, look, we're in the service industry. We don't always get treat it the best.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: We used to people who you know, kind of snap fingers and point point their way at us and not that family.
Speaker 4: They're very, very congenial and they're very respectful people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's a different dude. He's just a dude. Yeah to me, different than most of the coaches we've had. He's not Sean obviously, but he's just the dude who just trying to do well. You don't have a.
Speaker 7: Beer with you, But I never saw him once there you go, that's the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and they and they say and that you know the people out there, and I don't know much about it because I haven't been to a press coverage year, but only a couple of games. Brennan's kind of the same way for strange reasons. He's not very he doesn't have a big personality. Uh.
Speaker 7: His wife is very congenial, very friendly. He seems like a friendly enough guy and a lot of interchange their stuff with him. I think he's probably the will overwhelmed jump into a fire, So I can't say that I've had a you know, it's I hope to see what he's like in a year when he gets his footing and grounded here, Like Lemon said, it's a small town, and I think he's learning how to how to navigate his way through that, right.
Speaker 2: No, And it's a perfect college town. In fact, Kobe, he's from New York right long ally uh And one of the reasons you came here was because m M.
Speaker 4: The weather in the campus is beautiful.
Speaker 7: In Mexican food, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ul Charle is great. It's whenever my parents come, we always go there.
Speaker 7: Tell your parents will send the credit card, we'll take We'll take care of you.
Speaker 2: No, And it's it's it's a typical college town. I mean, they live and die with U of a and when they lose, they live and die with U of A.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I think it's I said, it's like jokingly, I was like, we need to double down on the bear down right now because it we're hurting, you know, And I.
Speaker 2: Think, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 4: What do you mean by you know, like people say bear down?
Speaker 7: I mean and and then you know, there was some jokes about it on those cans on the Big twelve pages about why do they say bear down when they're wowts and just you know, the silly banter that on those on those social media threads. But I think, you know, to know what Beardown really means to this community, that folks like Lamont, the people that have fought for that school, the history, the land that it sits on, the value that it has to the entire community of the indigenous community. Like double down the bear down't mean like get extra passionate right now. You know, it's easy to have stirred when you're winning. You know that's the easiest time. Now you got to double down on it.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, well look at Friday. I mean, come on, I can't remember a time when it was that crazy in that arena. Yeah, and we saw it. We saw for years how crazy you could get, even you know, as crazy as now I'm a white hair guy, you're a white hair guy, but we are not quite here. Back in the day, they can get bunkers, and it got bunkers for a while until you know, the game was pretty much. So that's how it's going to have to be the rest of the year. I agree, And I think it will be for the big games, and I think, but we think we need to do it for all the sports.
Speaker 7: You know, you do, I mean, you know, we had what was it, the triathlon team out there that won the nowtional championship.
Speaker 4: Hey, double down on the bear down.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: I say double down kind of jokingly because you know, a card player, when I've got some free time, and whether you have you know, an ace up or you've got a you know, a six up, there's an opportunity whether you've got a losing hand or not, to double down and turn it around. I think we need to double down right now as a community and support the university and and our Wildcat sports teams A Z E and up and down, the up and down the chart of what they are, baseball, basketball, softball, any of them out there. There's a lot of youth in this town that would would be great to see them at games. It know, it'd be great to take some kids out to the game more. I like to see more families and more children at games versus in front of a computer screen playing the latest game or something that we end up throwing away in a shed later on.
Speaker 2: You trying to solve the world's problems right now, because that's pretty much everywhere us say you you also pay have a relationship with Chip, do you?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he's another guy who's a lot like I'm assuming now because I don't spend a lot of time with the baseball a lot like Tommy Another just dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's a baseball player.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, And he's a he really cares about this town.
Speaker 4: He cares about the program.
Speaker 7: Another one who's married to a gem of a person who her family's committed to the to the team. And I love Trip Couch. I love his you know, I love his director. A lot of the players, a lot of the kids are just they're just good dudes. And and uh, you know, there's a lot of youth sports stuff that they do. They've got he's got his camps that he runs. I think, I think that's an unknown little secret. Look, it's in a city facility at High Corbett. I grew up one of High Corbett. I miss spring training, but I love that it keeps that part viable, it keeps it open. I'm a big proponent of baseball as a sport for Tucson because of the cultural relevance to the Hispanic market that's here, and and our proximity to Mexico, which has a strong baseball a love for baseball with Mexican Baseball Fiesta, Mexican teams there, you know, believe it or not, the success and the energy that Trip had and Chip rather Chip and Trip had with you of a baseball led us into a successful result getting World by Baseball class back here, you know, Mike lead us into some other opportunities for other sports, to other the baseball teams to come here from Mexico other parts.
Speaker 4: Of the world.
Speaker 7: We've got the the Denos here, you know, doing their spring training here. So I think it's something that I believe that baseball is still really relevant, and I think it's really relevant for Tucson and I like to see us focus on it because a day at the ballpark in this market is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Sure, and we've had it for forever until we didn't have it right and then you say, what the hell happened?
Speaker 4: It hurt? Yeah, it hurt them leaving hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you have anything to do with the w World Baseball Cast. Yeah, I'm very involved with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's a it's a fantastic get. We'll see what comes of it. You know, Mike doing his Mexican Baseball League.
Speaker 7: Stuff too, Mike, Mike's amazing Francisco is partner. Uh you know, Uh, Blake eager and Edgard Soto for the you know, the safs through of the group that's just a Southern aero sports group that is that is out there driving the narrative. The new leadership at Kino. Sarah Horvath, she's she's phenomenal. She's you know, a smart move by by the board of supervisors with jan and and Carmine to put her in that position because there's hospitality again a Quino, and there's a mindset let's let's let's put people in seats and that's what we need everywhere in Tucson.
Speaker 2: Okay, with that, we're gonna take the break, come back on you the side. Maybe we'll have some breaking news a little by Kobe here and then talk more about sports.
Speaker 7: We're also gonna have your guy, yeah, eventually from the Arizona Ble.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go