Speaker 1: We're gonna go ahead and get into it. So I love the conspiracy theory surrounding the uh, the whole Daniel Penny thing. So and if you don't know what those are, that's fine. We will we will visit as the as the show unfolds today. So you're gonna love that. Alvin Bragg. I don't know how that guy keeps his job even in New York City. So we will, uh, we will, we will touch upon that. But let me ask you the question on the Daniel Penny thing. How weird is it that last week I guess at the very end of last week on Friday, and then obviously in the yesterday, how weird is it where you have the top charge out of three charges, you have a top charge. Obviously your top charge is going to be your you know, your your most jail time and all the rest of it. And the jury is deadlocked right on essentially your top charge, your top manslaughter charge that was Friday, and then you have this really weird series of events that the prosecutor and the judge basically agreed to right where we can't call it, well, we're deadlocked on this, what do you want us to do? And then you read those jury instructions, which were public, they were printed, and they're just like, all right, only if you believe he did this thing, do we want you to consider this other thing? And then on Friday they're like, well, on the first thing, we can't figure out whether we think he did that, so what do we do? And at that point it should have been deadline, right, That's that's what everyone just assumed based on the way in which these these things work. And the judge is like, well, yeah, let's let's just go ahead and rewrite how you go about this. So to have them deadlocked on the top charge and then to apparently tell the judge they're, you know, all in unison on the lesser charge is kind of weird. And yet that's what played out. So I'll give you I don't give you the details. I don't know all the details as to what they talked about, but it's really strange, right, And there's theories like some of the jurors, even the jurors who thought maybe there might be some culpability, were just disgusted with the way that the judge handled it. I mean, that's the theory that's out there. I don't know that it's true, but it's really strange, so we'll uh, we'll get into the details there. And also speaking of strange, if you show up to work today, you're on your way to work, maybe right now, or you're getting ready or whatever, maybe you're there already and one of your co workers is running around with a Captain America shield. You think that's weird, wouldn't you? A grown adult with a with a Captain America shield literally taking into the break room and now, well, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, dude. Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: This thing is incredible. Look at this. It's so solid. Man. It's like, can I.
Speaker 1: Come in with the katana and we see how solid it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, it's gonna it's gonna break your gatana right right half?
Speaker 1: You think the kaitana will break on whatever the hell that thing is.
Speaker 2: I received this yesterday in the mail from a friend.
Speaker 1: How do you go to the bathroom holding that thing on your one arm?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: You know, I've u it's something you used to get used to, okay from yesterday. I'm not gonna lie, man, it's kind of hard to do. Like the job when I have it right here on top of the board, like it like, it doesn't make it. He said, the board is getting in the way of my shield. Yeah, okay, all right, so your job is getting in your way of your other job.
Speaker 1: If there's a Captain America.
Speaker 2: If there's a technical difficulty America shoes are stalling, or if you know, buttons aren't being pushed because the shield is on top of the board. I can't it's made out of ibranium.
Speaker 1: I can't. Can't.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: It feels like the luminum.
Speaker 2: So no, it does not. It is heavy. It's like fifty pounds.
Speaker 1: It's not. If it is, it's not those things how much shit what I'm telling you it is. Somebody mailed that to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the box was super heavy and I'm like, what is it? Like, what is in this thing?
Speaker 1: It might have been a bomb and you just opened it and you realized that right as I started to open it.
Speaker 2: I see the red stripe and then the silver, and I'm like, the red stripe like the Jamaican beer. Right, it's like the Captain America shield that poled out. And Marky is like, because my buddy Michael, whose house I'm going to bulldoze, send it to me. In the mail.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I wondered who got it to you?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So Marky goes, what stupid thing did he send you this? And before she could finish the sentence, I go, this is the coolest gift I have ever read. She goes, she goes, what is I said? Is a Captain America's shield? And she goes, You're gonna be walking around the house with them. I'm like, I'm gonna bring it to work.
Speaker 1: I'm not walking around everywhere with that.
Speaker 2: It's the most precious metal on earth.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine you're in the sheets and some guy comes in to rob it and sees you with that shield.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he's not robbing it.
Speaker 1: No, he's like, all right, I'm going elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Like if I was Daniel Penny on the train with this, yeah, would it never happened?
Speaker 1: Wait? Wait? Wait, which part guy.
Speaker 2: Would have been like, I'm a crazy lunatic, I'm gonna take over the train way. Oh that's vibranium. That is he's.
Speaker 1: Just looking for something to eat.
Speaker 2: I'm off.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, you don't think he'd just be looking for something to eat even if you had that, Because I heard yesterday from the lawyers. He was just looking for some to eat. Why does it always come down to this? Remember when AOC is like, oh no, the reason they're robbing that CBS from everything that's inside is because they're hungry. And I'm like, I don't know, man, they're stealing like tide can't eat, I mean, can heat tied once. But you know he's wearing it on his arm. He's literally what he's trying to do a board with a shield on. Have you thrown it yet? Does it come back?
Speaker 2: Or I nearly took my wife's heat off?
Speaker 1: Okay? Why why do people said this stuff like this? I mean I thought it was A listener.
Speaker 2: Said it's an amazing kid.
Speaker 1: It's still it's it's you guys know, it's not plastic. The damn thing is like steel or something.
Speaker 2: You it's it's I haven't tested the metal, but it's like fifty pounds and I'm guessing vibranium. But it is heavy.
Speaker 1: So there you go. That's that's what we're dealing with this morning. Anyway, six twenty Ross's cap.
Speaker 2: I could do this all day.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well no not, I said the thing that's good good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no you did? You did say the thing. So are you at some point gonna uh talk about how you get that reference because it's old? Okay, all right, well we'll we'll we'll look out for that anyway, six KCODA Radio program, Hang on, hold on, Oh no, no, I got it. Oh what are you doing? When we're sitting there and we're like, why does he have a bag full of monopoly money? What's going on with that? Because that's what they found in that backpack of the guy who allegedly assassinated the healthcare ceo. He had monopoly money. And so the speculation, at least my speculation yesterday was that was part of the plan to throw on the dude, and he just spaced it because why, I mean, why else do you have it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: A bunch of monopoly moneies. But every single story I read yesterday, every single story I read yesterday in the whole getting to know you of this. First of all, his name is Luigi Mangioni. Is that Am I pronouncing that correctly? Luigi Mangioni or Mangioni? You eat it all of garden free right? If that's your name, I'm not sure what the law is. I'm assuming that's the law. This dude.
Speaker 2: You walk in and they're like, sir, can we help you? And you're like, I'm a luigia.
Speaker 1: You doing the thing with your hand?
Speaker 2: You doing with your hand, and they're like, you get a corner booth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right. It's what's weird is he's clearly not a poor dude who couldn't afford his healthcare like dudes. Rich family's rich family's very rich. You know you were saying, you read something that they might be richer than the CEO.
Speaker 2: That's what I was reading, Yell, some of the threads I was reading yesterday, because they're talking about like the amount of property that this guy's family owns his ridiculous. Yeah, like that's money was real estate.
Speaker 1: So so what do you think might have triggered him there? What do you think might have made this guy go, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna get on a bus from Atlanta, which by the way, is not a poor person thing. He's clearly trying to evade tracking his travel. I think that's pretty clear there, and then go up to New York and then this is the thing that he does. That's what's crazy. So you got to ask yourself, what would indoctrinate somebody to do that? And then you look at a social media post You're like, oh, this guy's backcrap man. But also he needed a little nudge. I'm just wondering. He's a big anti capitalist, former Ivy League student, that's what we know. Doesn't like the capitalism. I'm wondering. I hate to point fingers here. Do you think that, let's say, hype a thing, of course? And I think, what did he? I think he lives in Honolulu or at least lists that as his thing. But he's a tected What would cause somebody to go, you know what I need to do? I need to go shoot me a CEO, even if they're kind of crazy, which is what this feels like. It's almost as if it's it's almost as if somebody was out there going, hey, all the CEOs are evil and they want to starve you to death because they're greedy. Can I throw I didn't throw this out initially, I controlled myself, but I you know, now I'm wondering, why would somebody go through all the trouble of murdering the CEO? And uh, then I'm thinking, I wonder if there's been any you know, any presidential candidates or something out there who ran basically a campaign on how all the CEOs are evil.
Speaker 2: It's super weird, though, because this guy was walking around like quoting Ted Kazinski stuff.
Speaker 1: There's so many weird stories on him, like here's I got the New York Post one in front of me. Like his big his big thing before he was into murdering CEOs of healthcare companies was he was online crusading against Japanese sex toys, which apparently are a problem. Yeah, he wanted. He was crusading on social media to try to get people to ban sex toys from Japan, saying that the introduction of him is similar to the fall of Rome. So the the downfall of America is going to be Japanese sex toys. Maybe. I don't know, is that a big enough problem.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, man, I at no point ever have I ever come across a Japanese sex toy. You're over at somebody's house, like what's that on the shelf over there, and like, oh, that's from Yokohama or whatever, Like I've never but this guy was passionate. Yeah, you're like, oh, that that's the reason I'm going to murder everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like, so I have no idea what's going on? So then I wonder, I'm like, well, how does somebody with all of these things, you know, University of Pennsylvania Ivy League, hatred for Japanese sex toys, hatred for the Japanese urban environment. These are things that he like wrote about. Dude, It's just everything is strange. So then I have to wonder. I'm like, how to get in this idea that, hey, you know what you need to do, what you need to do, you got to you gotta murder a CEO there man. So all right, so let me just bullet point this stuff because it's too crazy to go through each point. So I'm just gonna bullet point what's going on here. One, he wanted flesh lights band, which are from Japan. I whish I didn't know. Apparently from Japan, so he wants those banned. I'm not sure how the flesh light hurt him or what. And if you don't know what that is, i'd kind of encourage you not to google it if you want to, you know, if you don't want a weird day. All right, So that's one, but like he he was very offended by Japanese culture. It was so strange, Like he was offended by sushi here we go. Uh, we need to ban tanga flesh lights and replace conveyor belt sushi and vending machines with real human waiters. So, I I don't know what that is. He's very anti capitalist as you look through some of the stuff, so I think that's kind of in line with it. Also, let's see here his favorite here we Go. He also commented on his favorite individuals who helped motivate him. You had Huxley, which, dude, all those Huxley If that's if you don't know who that is, google it. That's not a good role model. Okay, that's one, Tim Urban, Jonathan hat and Ted Kaczinski. Okay, all right. And then he would just he just posts a bunch of stuff. Brave New World, by the way, is Huxley's book. You don't who Huxley is. Huxley is not a fan of capitalism. This guy clearly was not a fan of capitalism or Japanese adult toys for summer, which I guess is maybe the capitalist angel. I don't know. So Huxley's book Brave New World is a critique of capitalism. So even if you don't who Huxley is, you might have heard of that book. And it's not a positive critique. It's when you get into the bourgeoisie and how class breakdown and how you need to revolution if you want to bring it's it's straight far left garbage. Okay, So he was on that. But also he was a big fan of Ted Kaczinsky. As Ross mentioned the unibomber he wrote, let's see here we quoted Kazinsky said, imagine a society that subjects people to conditions that make them terribly unhappy, then gives them the drugs to take away their unhappiness. So it was more so than just bad customer service with United Health, Right, this guy was. He was down on the whole process. Not a fan. Let's see here Urban the book what is web? Try to remember the name of that dude's book. These are all like radical leftists just over clear. Kazinsky is his own thing, but the other guys, even if you've never heard of him, they're like super anti capitalists. Urban wrote, what's our problem? Was the name of the book is self. I think it's called it I think it's called self help for societies. What's our problem or something like that. Basically, it's just down with capitalism. Man. So this dude is one hund cooked on a hatred of capitalism. Now why he then chose Brian Thompson the CEO. There's still more to get at, but clearly he fixated upon this dude and decided that's what he was going to do.
Speaker 2: Umm.
Speaker 1: Also, he's not a fan of men. I'm just reading some of this stuff too. Apparently we suck. I don't know how you can say that Sir Ross has a Captain America's shield. If something happens like he's gonna have to go, you know, handle that on behalf of everybody at the radio stare.
Speaker 2: You know, I moved it to the window. Okay, was getting the way of the board, so but I put it there.
Speaker 1: You had it on the board, you had it literally covering the buttons you have to push.
Speaker 2: Well, I made the eye. I moved it because you kept giving me the stink guy. So I moved it over to the window. And now that there's a guy with a metal arm that keeps walking by.
Speaker 1: Wait, who's who, don't know, some guy who is.
Speaker 2: That all right, he keeps looking at my shield.
Speaker 1: You know what you need to do a political assassination, that's how you So what drove this dude to this? I don't know, but like he he has the Commy Starter pack in his book club right there, got his whole Commedy Starter pack going on there? Now, Ross, did you see exactly how his parents have their money? That's the one thing I wasn't clear. They have a lot of money.
Speaker 2: So I sent you that thread. Yeah, I just retweeted in the show account that talks about like the family's assets and holdings.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, That's what's crazy, is like the dude's not he's not poor, his family's not poor, but he doesn't like he hates him some capitalism man. So I don't I don't know if there was a point where like it then kicked into his schizophrenier or whatever, you know, whatever We're gonna find out about this dude, Like, I don't know, I don't know. He clearly doesn't look well. But to be fair, he's also posting a lot of the stuff that quote unquote I league deep thinkers posts, so maybe they're all not well. So I don't know. All right, So let me give this thread that Ross teschts to me. Yeah, yeah, No, dude went to a super expensive prep school one hundred percent. Yeah. So the family has a quote unquote real estate empire in Baltimore founded by his grandfather. Dude, I think what honestly, I think you're dealing with a dude who was bored. Maybe there's some stuff going on upstairs, you know what I mean. But somebody who was very shapeable gets a constant diet. Don't send me how to make your own fleshlights?
Speaker 5: Sir?
Speaker 1: Why would you admit that to anybody? Ross, Do you want me to send this somebody? Just send me how to make your own?
Speaker 6: No, I'm good now.
Speaker 1: You sure I can send this to you because it's now in my email For some reason I can send this to you. Is hiding behind the shield? No, you're dealing with somebody who looks like one of these. Why are these why are these revolutionaries? And this isn't something that is strictly new to society right now? Why are these revolutionaries a bunch of rich kids?
Speaker 2: Because they have no actual real struggle, so they're looking for something to struggle against.
Speaker 1: Correct, correct, And this isn't Again, this isn't nude chay e Era chay Gavara. Uh, sitting there on your T shirt, you little camy. Listening to the show right.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm reminded of the speech that Tyler Durden gives in Fight Club about how they have no struggle and no great war.
Speaker 1: And you know that's fair, It's that's I honestly, as I'm sitting here and I'm reflected on his stuff, yes, Sam, I'm like, what would drive this dude to do it?
Speaker 2: And then I start remembering, I'm like, he's just he doesn't have anything to do, like there's no you know, for most of us, our lives are in and and even people who are wealthy, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm this is not my my goal to sit here and trash on people who have made themselves some money, Like you get bored. I even know guys who would make a lot of money who just get bored with stuff and then they just keep trying other stuff. And obviously what they've done to that point allows them to do that, but they're clearly bored. But then I'm like, all right, so how did that shape? What did it? You know? What did it look like? And it looks like this dude got himself a bunch of comic books, hated some capitalism, probably loathed his parents. And then you got to ask yourself, how did he get there? How in his mind was he convinced that capitalism And by the way, it doesn't mean that the CEO has to be a good guy. Excuse me, sit my water here, like the stuff that they're finding out about the CEO with that lawsuit, or he basically may have rug pooled kind of like the hot tooy girl a bunch of people over one hundred and ten million dollars, does it? Guy might have been a piece of garbage. Still still yeah, you know, you know, get a murder him in front of the Hilton. Thank you, thank you water. Appreciate that, all right? So how did he get from reading all this commy literature to I gotta do something? And I'm told that when politicians say stuff, if they say things or they put a map out of districts they're targeting, that they're really sending secret dog whistle messages that you should go murder people. What is a presidential campaign where every day you ran the same tired line that CEOs are evil and they're here to bankrupt you and starview to death over their greed. What do you think that does to a person who's clearly fixated on this stuff? If I could just fingerpoint for a moment, are we allowed to do that? Well, there'll be a reflection on how this guy got indoctrinated to this point, because he's clearly indoctrinated. It was the University of Pennsylvania. Was it this idea that you know, anyone who engages in capitalism is evil? His hatred of Jordan Peterson. He hated some Jordan Peterson. He also posted how the state of modern America is mimicking the fall of Rome and may have something to do with the decline in religiousness. So this dude's all over the place, all over the place, and I'm pretty sure they'll attach it to Trump at some point, or at least attempt to. I haven't seen it yet this morning, but it's coming. Let me just go on the prediction it's coming. They'll find one little thing in there, they'll be like, oh, it's Trump, when clearly he's influenced by all of these far left kami idiots. Let's see here do because there's one where he's sitting here kind of explaining some stuff. Let's see here. Also, he might be a he might be a dome dude, Ross, So I don't know. I saw this. He might he might be a dome. We live in a dome guy. It's a little unclear from his one post though, but it sounds it sounds like he thinks that quite possibly uh Ai may be running everything right now and we're being lied to about the let me read this the limits of space exploration and human productivity. He feels might be a farce based on the fact that we're in a dome. But he doesn't flat earth. He just says in a dome. But he kind of says it in a generic way, So I don't know. All right, anyway, Oh crap, I'm sorry. Let's take a break. We'll be right back. We're gonna chat with Senator Ted Budd and we had a lot to get to. I'll probably ask you about the shooter stuff too, because obviously, obviously, obviously that's kind of the big story. By the way, did you see who the Internet's mad at? Ross? Did you see who the Internet's mad at? And this whole thing with the dude Luigi Luigi. Who the who the the real I guess villain is in this case? All right, so check this out. Well, a couple of things you gotta know. So over the weekend. I didn't mention this yesterday, but over the weekend in New York City, they had a an assassin lookalike content near where this hilton is. Because the hilton's right it's like three blocks from Central Park there and and I guess if you're somewhat somewhat familiar, it's right where you'd walk in if you're going to the lake. They're in Central Park. I can't remember the name of the lake, but right there it's not like three blocks where the Hilton is, so literally right there in Central Park they had an assassin look alike. They had some really creepy video of these women are like, you know, oh yeah, I'd hook up with that. So whatever that is. So, who's the real villain here? Apparently the Internet's Matt and whoever turned this dude in, which is from my understanding, was a McDonald's worker and an some elderly patron I guess both recognized him and whatever. Because they wrote the way they wrote the story is really bad. They go Oh, he was caught after he try to use a fake ID at McDonald's and people are like, what the hell are you talking about. What happened was he's in the McDonald's and people recognize him, so they call the Altoona, PA, Pennsylvania Police. So the fake ID came when an officer tried to ID him and he didn't do the sovereign citizen thing. Apparently he gave him an ID and they're like, this is clearly fake and that's that's how the arrest was made yesterday. So yeah, so how do you get here? How do you? How are you very fortunate, very fortunate in your station in life. Your parents are very very wealthy, They're very successful. They have a real estate empire in Baltimore. As it's described, you go to a forty thousand dollars per year private school for you for your general education. Then you go to an Ivy League school in and you just fixate on this stuff. In fact, that urban dude. Let's see here, what is the name of his blogs? Want to be very clear here, Yeah, here we go. Well, his book is What's Our Problem? Is self help for Society? So you have this dude who is Tim Urban is his name? Yeah, wait, but why that's the name of it. So, and that's all about like AI, space exploration, human productivity, but also a general just taste for capitalism. Apparently he was a as we say in the radio business, he was a p one. So p one just means that that's your primary listening or in this case, engagement and so. And he was very active on that. In fact, the dude who writes it, the Keith Urban dude he posted, He goes, yeah, that's not the point of the book. Well is it? I don't know, you.
Speaker 2: Write you write a whole book about how capitalism is evil?
Speaker 1: How is that not the point of the book at least a little? Right? I mean, you can go ahead and write that. But you know, if we live in a society where I'm told that, you know, words are violence, I just just to be clear, I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to publish this book. I got no problem with that. I'm just why is everyone avoiding the same thing that they normally do where they try to find answers to you know, who may have been up in this dude's head. And the answer is because the people who are up in this dude's head are friends of the journalists essentially, at least the ideologically, So we're not going to have a deep dive there. We may never know what fully motivated this guy. So yeah, so I was reading this other story. They were trying to figure out who called from McDonald's so that they could cancel them. They want to know who called turned this dude in essentially so that they could cancel him or her. Let's see here, Yeah, there's a whole there's a whole, big thread, really creepy stuff to the stupid bee word that ratted out my baby, Luigi, you will be dealt with. You know, we had a lot of people threatening a lot of islands yesterday literally when they were reading the Daniel Penny verdict. Uh, folks who were in there. I don't know exactly there's there, if they're relatives or not, but people are in the courtroom who who wanted to see some like, you know, they wanted that dude executed. We're screaming death threats while they were reading the verdict yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to me, I'm seeing people compare this Luigi guy to Daniel Penny as well as Kyle Rittenhouse.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, those are exactly the same right there. Yeah, No, people are people are losing the debt. I mean, they're trying to cancel an old woman at McDonald's right now, trying to figure out who the heck that was. Let's see, there's it's like this post right here is just a gift of somebody being shot in the head. So they're you know, we need to kill whoever, whoever that person is. Yeah, this all the whole thing is strange because again he lists his residence as Hawaii. I guess he lives in Hawaii. What is it? What lunatics from Hawaii? Remember that dude to try to assassinate Trump even though they got him in North Carolina. Wasn't he living in Hawaii or something? I mean, it's by the way, I'm not starting some sort of conspiracy theory against Hawaii. It's just it's a long way to come to stuff, you know what I'm saying. There's a little bit of travel time there, whether you're there to assassinate the former and future president or the CEO of United Health. Also on Blue Sky, Rossery on Blue Sky yesterday tended.
Speaker 2: The show account I still haven't made my account.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Oh no, they're organizing to McDonald's boycott.
Speaker 2: If you saw this, McDonald's has gone a whole bunch of free publicity this year, haven't they.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it decides if that's what they want. But yeah, so the moonbats want to boycott McDonald's now because their hero, this murderer allegedly went to McDonald's and he got turned in, so now they got a boy and for that, I'm like, absolutely, you guys should do that so that I never have to walk to McDonald's and be around you. That'd be great. So yeah, please, by all means, go ahead and boycott the McDonald's. That way, when I go to McDonald's and get a double quarter pounder with cheese with the onions, I don't care. I live dangerously. I'm not going to run into one of you moonbats. Let's see here. The way they write this article is crazy. Mangioni University of Pennsylvania grad was six pack abs. Who writes that at art? Why why do you write that in an article? Did he use the abs to allegedly murder somebody? No, then why are you writing.
Speaker 2: That they're doing the whole de Jekov smeirenof thing where they put him on the cover of Rolling Stone.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. The manhunt has now ended, with investigators declaring he's too hot to convict, wrote one female user.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but did you see them yesterday? So when they actually had him and they're putting him in the police car whatever, you had the same people that were super disappointed that he still wasn't quote as hot because I guess the pictures from like years ago. Yeah, the boy, he's not as hot as thought he would be. Not sure I'm on board with this revolution?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what are you gonna do? You've been ginned up all week? Do you want to sleep with a murderer?
Speaker 2: Like the fact they're comparing him to Daniel Penny and Rittenhouse is crazy, Like this shouldn't have to be spelt out or clarified, right, Like, this guy's a murderer, a crazy, commy lunatic who'd somebody in the street. Well his back was turned. And then Daniel Penny was a hero who saved people on that train, and then you have Kyle Rittenhouse who was defending himself from being murdered. It's completely different.
Speaker 1: Nah, No, they're all the all the same. So I did see, so I did laugh yesterday because somebody tweeted out that Daniel Penny and Kyle Rittenhouse have to fight now for murder, and I'm like, I don't know who'd win. I think if they were both armed equally, Daniel Penny would win, right, I think, yeah, yeah, probably, But yeah, no, no, no, they're now they're they're they're all in on this stuff. Uh let's see here labeling whoever turned them in as a snitch and a rat. Users organized on Blue Sky a McDonald's boycott. Let's see. He had a bunch of fake IDs too, which apparently were not very good. Let's see what was What was the name he was using, Mark Rosario, Mark Rosario. They're gonna go by Luigi.
Speaker 2: The anti capitalist was caught because of Starbucks and McDonald's.
Speaker 1: It's great, isn't it. It's a you know what it reminds me of. It reminds me of these Zuccati Park idiots, you know, sitting there with their Occupy Wall Street where they're all all drinking. Remember I went to for those you go you're stereotype. I went to Zuccati Park and I spent several hours interviewing and talking to the people who were there at wallet, and it was they had all the brands. Okay, like they're on iPhone, they're drinking Starbucks, they're doing all the stuff, and they're you know, I hate capitalism, So yeah, there is there is a certain amount there also. Let's see here, I'm just reading some of the other stuff in addition to not going on a jihad against Japanese adult toys, which, by the way, why would you hate it? I'm assuming I don't know all the ones that are made in Japan, but I have to assume they're probably of decent quality, right, Japan doesn't produce crap, so like, like, what would you rather have an adult toy made in China in one of their slave operations or a Japanese one that probably makes you coffee because it's so technologically Like, what a weird thing to hate on? And you know what his other thing was, ross, did you see what his other thing you really hated? And I think it was in his mind a capitalist It was a capitalism thing. So the only thing apparently he hated more than Japanese sex toys was the McRib. Hated the McRib. What a weird thing to fixate on, man, what a what a what a weird thing to.
Speaker 2: This guy, Like we said, his life was super easy. He come from the ultimate, you know, life of privilege, right, He had no purpose, no struggle, so he was looking for one. Yeah, and and there was this void and this is what he filled it with, this nonsense.
Speaker 1: This is why I point this out. I'm like, you know, maybe politicians running around going all the CEOs are evil and they want to starve you to death. Maybe maybe he heard that. I'm just I'm just I'm speculating. I don't know, but I just, you know, for a guy who spent a ton of time in a jihad against Japanese sex toys and the McRib like, clearly he's looking for something to grab onto. Oh and his hatred of Jordan Peterson. Also, he was really into that whole rom thing, which was a stupid meme thing a few months ago. I think about Rome bruh. Yeah, apparently he was really into that in what fashion. I don't know something about how it mimics what's happening in America. I just Looney Tunes stuff, man. Uh Yeah, this whole thing where there whether they're trying to figure out who the tipster is literally here's some here's a post from Blue Sky five hundred dollars reward. I need the name of whoever turned him in and then hashtag hero. I'm assuming they mean the shooter here. Uh, it's crazy. He had a bunch of different names too. I'm looking at those yesterday. He had like five IDs on him when they.
Speaker 2: He was walking around with a Faraday bag. What's out the bag? Stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did something was literally this dude was fixated on a bunch of stuff. So yeah, I'll go ahead and ask how he got in his head to go shoot the United Healthcare because remember, most people assume the story was his nana or whatever had cancer she got, you know, or his parents or his family somewhere. They they needed help, They had a United Health policy, they denied it, and so this guy took it upon himself to go ahead and revenge this stuff. I'm not seeing any of that. I don't see anything in here about big health issues him and the family. Like something drove him outside of just reading like these comedy books and and interacting with this guy who's all now wants to pretend that literally the thing he preaches about eat the rich. Yo, I didn't mean eat the rich, ruh or shoot the rich. But he clearly fixated on that stuff. And and really the theory that Ross just laid out where he's just a bored rich kid, kind of feels like it might be the thing. I mean, we'll find out more info, I'm sure, but that kind of feels like that might be what's going on here. He wanted to he wanted to do something that he felt was meaningful, and in this case, it was murder allegedly so we don't get sued. And that's that's pretty wild, man, because you gotta be you gotta be really gemmed up to do that, and it it clearly took hold here. Also, if you're not a fan of the McRib, why are you at McDonald's. That's the other thing. Do you hate the McRib? Why would you go to McDonald's and risk and countering one because they're doing the McRib?
Speaker 2: Or was he pissed off they kept cooking taking it off the menu or was it just the item?
Speaker 1: And no, he hated the McRib. He saw the McRib as capitalism bait is kind of what I'm reading here.
Speaker 2: But everything else in the menu was fine.
Speaker 1: When you said no, it's fine, that's good. The mcgrib man, they do that just to bilk you for money or something. I guess I don't know. Oh man, now that you know what they need to do, they need to bring the mcgrib back permanently just to get at this guy. All right, we'll be back.
Speaker 3: Hang out.
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 1: What that is, I'll explain why we're playing this at this point right now.
Speaker 2: How many times Rossy yesterday? At some point did you start singing this just randomly because I found myself.
Speaker 1: I found myself and thankfully it was like within the comfort of my own home, so I wasn't out in public. So if you don't know what that is, that is an old Eddie Murphy skit from SNL way back in the day. Where the skit is it's a reggae man who goes to play the VFW and then they start singing that and then at least everyone freaks out. And that was based on a story out of Georgia where a sports bar decided to have a band in who sings about kill the white people. And it's kind of like a redneck bar, a white redneck bar. So it didn't go well, it didn't go well, so we had that in there. But it's also and most of the reason we're playing it, it's also kind of what happened in the courtroom up in New York yesterday. So the Penny verdict, which again you have to understand how weird this is, because remember they deadlocked on the top charge, and then the judge did this crazy thing where they're like and you could see you could see the jury instructions, which was very clear. Only if you think that there could that they did this top charge, then you go ahead and consider these secondary charges.
Speaker 2: Like it was very clear. But when they came back said they're deadlocked to the top charge, the judge is like, all right, let's just throw that out. We'll do the other stuff.
Speaker 1: So the clear bias is how a lot of people see it. That being said, while they're reading the verdicts yesterday, at first, when they get to not guilty, some of the supporters of Penny kind of cheered, and the judge immediately admonished them. It's like no quiet down, no, no, no stop, there'll be silence in this courtroom or else. Right, So pretty standard judge stuff you've seen in every court procedural. And then as the re being the not guilty.
Speaker 2: Supporters of the dude who was killed are literally threatening to kill Penny.
Speaker 1: You're gonna die. Judge doesn't say a word. So if you're Daniel Penny, I don't know if you can go to New York anymore. And for those of you who think I'm you're exaggerating, all you have to do is go outside of the courthouse and watch the insane little press conferences or whatever you want to call those that were taking place. BLM was out there, uh hawk, whatever that idiot's name is.
Speaker 4: We need some black visialities.
Speaker 1: That's right. People want to jump up, ain't choke us and kill us for being loud. How about we do the same when they attempt to oppress us.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm ty it, tie it.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not so tired because you're out there and you're running your mouth and you're an idiot. And quite frankly, if somebody did choke you in that situation, it's not because you were loud. It's because you were literally threatening to murder people and you had a history of it. Not that Penny knew that, but everyone who was there testified that they were. And I'm quoting here scared uh liss, scared hoopless right, That's how people felt there. And the fact that they were able to get that in New York City after deadlocking on the top charge and then unanimous on the other ones. The whole thing is weird. And I wonder if, like maybe the jury didn't sense that the judge was being kind of, I don't know, a little biased there, because it blew most people away. Most legal analysts like, what, you can't even you can't just drop that charge. Because here's the reason you can't drop that charge. It literally incentivizes the prosecutor to overcharge if there's no repercussions for that. It incentivizes the prosecutor to overcharge. And if you're somebody who's not a fan of the current judicial system and policing, the last thing you should want is a system where a prosecutor can literally overcharge and there be no repercussions. You absolute morons. I mean, obviously you're dealing with stupid people. And then Jordan Neely's father, who didn't give a flip about this dude for thirty years, who has now decided he's gonna sue Penny. You gotta get paid, just really, here's the deal. You know that I don't comment on the family usually because you're dealing with somebody who lost a loved one. Until they they breach, there's a red line, and unlike Obama, once you cross that red line, game on. Do you remember Michael Brown's stepfather sitting there and Ferguson like, we need to burn this mofo down right, and we started commenting on that. Jordan Neely's father, what you tell me what you think he's implying here? And and and uh uh uh. Ross made a good point on this. It's also understand when you hear his lawyer that even his lawyer feels like he's implying something bad. It's very clear. Okay, you're ready, Here we go.
Speaker 2: I just want to say I missed my son. My son didn't have to go through this.
Speaker 1: I didn't have to go.
Speaker 3: Through this either.
Speaker 4: It hurts, really really hurts.
Speaker 2: You find what are we going to do?
Speaker 3: People?
Speaker 2: What's going to happen to us now?
Speaker 1: Don't tell me I had enough of this. My system is rigged.
Speaker 2: Come on, people, let's do something about this.
Speaker 3: Do what.
Speaker 1: Let's do something about it?
Speaker 2: Too often we have Eric Garner's mother here, this, this too often, this is happening.
Speaker 1: How nervous is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he says, he's like, what are you gonna do? We need to do something, We do something, We're gonna do this, and the lawyer jumps in, he's like, we need to do so too often the justice system. Like the panic on his face, like please.
Speaker 1: What's to burn? Stuff? That's I don't know if you yeah, because you don't want to be the lawyer up there after they raised three blocks of midtown Manhattan with arson. You don't want to be the lawyer that's running in in perpetuity and a loop on the news like what we meat is you should write letters to your members of Congress. That is clearly not what Jordan Neely's father means. Jordan Neely's father, I'll even take him at face value that he is honestly upset, although his uh, his parenting would not would not lead me to that conclusion.
Speaker 2: I mean, this dude, the guy was a drug addicted lunatic who was threatening people on the train. He'd been arrested forty two times previously. Where was the debt? And it's not surprising that he can't admit that he was a failed father. Yeah, was he not surprising that he can't take responsibility for that.
Speaker 1: But well that's why. Now he's got a lawsuit, So that'll that'll solve everything. Well, and and this and the the the real horrible part of it is, uh, he'll probably be successful in some way in that lawsuit. Okay, it's one thing. It's one thing to sit there as a juror and decide that this dude needs to be thrown in jail. Right even if even if you don't like the whole quote unquote vigilante side of it, you you still you're still dealing with a person's life there. But I think that people see it a little separately when it's a civil suit. So in New York City, he'll probably if that thing goes to a jury, he'll probably get awarded something. So at the you know, Daniel Penny will pay even though he didn't you know, he didn't do anything wrong. So anyway, yeah, I was there was a whole lot of quote unquote charged words that were going on outside of that courthouse yesterday. I'm actually surprised that they didn't, you know, uh, burn something down. I just assumed it was going to happen man, can you imagine, like you imagine you work at CBS and you're watching that verdict and you're just like, ah, son of them? Ugh, what is today gonna hold? Like everybody clearly understood what that father was putting down, including that lawyer obviously, all right, seven forty four, let's get raised stage. Not a lawyer, but he learned, whether.
Speaker 6: Learn?
Speaker 1: What did you think of the game last night?
Speaker 6: Oh after seven seven? I was sleeping, Yeah, don't worry. I woke up to a plethora of texts.
Speaker 1: Oh really watch the highlights?
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, my cousins, we all got dude. Well, I mean, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 1: It turned out to be. I don't know what's going on with Cincinnati. I guess would he pay it to three hundred million dollars? He just stops learning to throw as you guys have evidence? But Joe Burrow man and they did. Joe, did you see Joe burrow bought the tumblr?
Speaker 6: I did not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Joe, which is, by the way, if I'm a Bengals fan, I just is I'm mad hearing this because it's like, why don't you warn? Then he bought the tumblr from Batman? Joe Burrow owns something well and it runs, well, don't it runs.
Speaker 6: Saw yep, right, and you at least one person holding up a sign that they wanted whatever. Yeah, but just a distraction, another distraction from the game, which has become more and more common. And yeah, we got another key injury. Yeah, and nothing unexpected with you know, bonehead playing a punt like that. I you know, it's that's fundamental.
Speaker 1: Just to torture you. I really don't. Now, it's fine to torture my other friends who are Cowboys fans because they're they're absolutely they won't shut up. And last year was so painful, like we have the best defense ever assembled, right, so there is malice towards them, there's no malice towards you, sir.
Speaker 6: No, And you know what, malice is fine, It's just that I finally accepted it.
Speaker 2: I think in the.
Speaker 6: Last two years, I've finally accepted it, and I finally stopped staying up, knowing that there's a better chance than not that I'm going to be disappointed.
Speaker 1: Look, and I never used to be that one. This is a Bills fan. This is embrace the suck man. This is what we this is what we do. You have rains great, so well, yeah, a couple of them anyway. Yeah, well you never know, this could.
Speaker 6: Be your or your ear and shot. Yes, yea nobe.
Speaker 2: No, I'm looking forward to being completely crushed in January. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just I'm just ready.
Speaker 6: Well, at least you've got something to be looking forward.
Speaker 2: To, right, Well, give us some give us some seven degree perfect golf weather.
Speaker 1: I'll look forward to that. Can you do that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you could dodge the rain showers, I mean condition, I mean for the for the faithful, mid sixties today and a few showers and until later today into tonight where yeah, you actually get more covered path today on the yeah, car path only today, But you could do it. It's not like blinding driving rain. It comes in kind of these waves and most of its light, thick fog this morning. Some advisories, a lot of those around the Triad Green's brown out toward Hickory and just north of Charlotte, but still heads up for fog in the region and more showers tonight and tomorrow. Actually here rumble of thunder tonight's load. Temperatures on either side of sixty so real mild night tonight, let a breezy tomorrow, upper sixty showers. There may be some heavier showers in the first part of the day. Then we'll trend colder and clear better golf weather casey for you. End of the week's Thursday, Friday gluten weather. That's the louten weather. Upper forties, upper forties, loves at night back in the twenties to near thirty. And the weekend may have some showers or I we'll talk more about the weekend soon, but damp, mild starts a week as we had talked about last week, and then kind of a cool and a dryer and to its heaviest rain probably as we headed tonight in the first part of tomorrow. And I really think the best couple of days coming will be Thursday and Friday. But again getting colder, some twenties at night for Thursday morning and get on Friday morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, do appreciate it, Thank you much. We're talking it out there. You go coming up, let's see five, We're gonna chat with Senator Ted Budd. You know, one of the things I'm really curious to find out is if they you know the stated plan or at least, the speculated plan is you're going to take three hundred plus government offices and organizations, which I didn't realize there's three hundred of them, but that sounds on brand, and they want to knock it down to something like a hundred, which still sounds like a crazy number. Congress is going to have to involve themselves with that. You know, it's one thing to watch like that video the Argentinian president just you know, ah, you know, we're gonna get rid of these out of here que and and and you know, screaming that over and over. But the reality is obviously Congress though he's on the Senate side now, but you know, the financing starts in the House. So what is going to be required of Congress to facilitate the action ual slashing of government because that's where a lot of this fight's gonna come from. They're not gonna have sixty votes in the Senate for most of this stuff. And so I'm unclear because you know, remember they can go fifty, they can go fifty plus one for a lot of non quote unquote spending stuff in the Senate, which the Democrats really exploited that. So is that what the Republicans are going to do. How is this going to play out? We'll talk to the senator coming up here at eight h five, but now we'll take a break. Be right back, hang on, all right, right, But for those of you who don't know Ross, for some reason, somehow, some way, somebody sent him a Captain America shield that is correct that he's literally holding. And I don't mean a plastic toy. The damn thing is like I don't know if it's made of steal or what.
Speaker 2: Like, it's solid, no, dude, Yeah, it's like it's like least fifty pounds.
Speaker 1: And it's got like leather straps, you know, for holding the arm in there, like it's legit iled.
Speaker 2: I had to bring it in here because mark I had it laying next to the bed, next to the wall, and Marky was like, oh, you never know.
Speaker 1: If an intruders right break it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's solid vibranium.
Speaker 1: No, so probably not.
Speaker 2: I think it is. That is vibranium. Yeah, So she goes it smells like metal polish and leather, and I'm like, to me, that sounds exactly what Captain America would smell like, right, Yeah, nail nails it and grit, you know, right, could do this all day.
Speaker 1: Nose. It's got like the the arm thing where you put your arm in there. It's literally like it's like nice leather, like I don't I don't know where one acquire something like that. So ross has it. So after the show, we're gonna see who wins his shield or my katana the listeners.
Speaker 2: It's gonna it's gonna break your gaitan in half? Is that a Hanzo sort?
Speaker 1: It might be? Well, I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 2: Doesn't stand a chance. Nobody was a gift. Somebody a friend send me this. So yeah, it was in the mail yesterday and I opened the box and I said I was opening the box and my wife Marky goes, what did he send you this time? What dumb gift did you? And I cut her off and I'm like, this is the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life, such a good gift.
Speaker 1: And she doesn't get it, does she?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, you know, I love Captain America, I love Steve Rodgers, I love the character Captain. So it's such a good gift. And now it's right here on my board, right here, for no reason, it's literally covering the thing.
Speaker 1: He needs to do his.
Speaker 2: Job for the show's protection. So what it's for the show's protection?
Speaker 1: You can't fire the next gen with leanon there like that. I don't understand a lot to get into. We're gonna chat with Senator Ted Butter at least that we plan on doing it, so hopefully he'll be along here in the next few minutes. All right, couple couple things. Oh, there we go. All right, he's coming in right now. All right, good, good, good do do do do? Busy? Senatoring things? Wait, I don't know if that's the word. Senator Ted Budd is here. Good morning to you, sir. How you doing.
Speaker 3: Good morning? Merry Christmas?
Speaker 1: Yeah you too. Oh that's right, we can say that again. So I be using that I for I have. There's a couple of really important things I want to talk to you about, but I got to hit you with this first. How crazy is this CEO assassin story? This this this Ivy League anti capitalist guy up there, and and I mean this in a Syria. We can talk about just the craziness of the story, but also in a serious way. I really wonder if some of the rhetoric up in Washington about how CEOs all want to starve you to death with their greed might contribute or at least uh a buttress some of the points that this dude seemingly was making online. Do you and and obviously that will put you as a sitting senator if somebody doesn't like what you're doing, could you know, could be a cause for concern. Obviously if we're now into this, you know the way that these death spot you know, theocracy and various types of countries operate where if you don't like something, you just go kill somebody. Like I'm just curious your thoughts as somebody who's kind of a high profile guy that probably raised the ire of an individual like this who doesn't like people who are supporters of capitalism. So here's your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it's a huge question.
Speaker 5: And you know, we take personal security very seriously. But with this guy, again, heart goes out to his family. But I've talked and it's so hard to get more than a few sentences in to these people that have been completely taken over by the woke mind.
Speaker 3: Leftists Marxist virus.
Speaker 5: It's not like you're dealing really on a logical spectrum. You can't really debate with them. They've just they've completely they've sealed off relationships and they've become hostile. I mean, I've seen them out in the far reaches the family. Everybody's got those that are no longer coming to Thanksgiving or whatever. And it's really sad because I'm very comfortable talking with people that believe differently than me. I don't believe in resorting to violence like this, but you have people that they have these self reinforcing networks that take them to very dark places. And I'm you know, God to have mercy on us, and may God protect all of us, because this is a really dangerous place and we saw it with this high profile shooting, and we pray that this family gets justice right now. It's very concerning.
Speaker 1: I'm more and honestly more concerning to me are the people lyingizing this dude right like they had they had like an assassin lookalike contest up in New York. And then I was watching a video or one of the TV stations went out and these girls or like he's cute, we should we should get together, Like it's really creepy stuff there, and like most people aren't serious in the fandom. But all it takes is one And I know, uh from uh being up in Washington there uh where you guys, where you guys go down to your little uh your little tunnels and stuff down there. I know that, like people like to stop you guys and try to, you know, ask questions. You see a lot of like ambush videos down there, like do you engage in those? Because usually it's like code pink ladies streaming at each other, Like there is there any nervousness to that, because that's a that's something that probably happens to you on the daily right when you when when you guys are in session.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it always happens, especially as you know, everything these heightened moments like during a Kavanaugh hearing or gorstch or you know, and we're probably going to have like when it gets close to some of these nominee votes. Who by the way, I think Trump's putting forth some real some real rock stars.
Speaker 1: That are different. Yeah yeah, yeah, sure, yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: So I mean it's something you watch for and you want to treat people respectively, like, look, this is a this is a republic. They need to have access to us. That's that's fine, but let's engage in dialogue here and not this shouting match.
Speaker 1: I do like how Virginia Fox handles.
Speaker 3: Them though, see the tough mountain woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, let's talk about the mountains for a moment. So FEMA, FEMA has apologized for all those temporary housing units, the little houses and the trailers that are just sitting there in Hickory. What what are we doing? What you're apologizing you? I think they did forty seven homes out of five hundred that they've already cleared for it. Clearly there is a disconnect with what FEMA is doing. What do you say to people who say that you and other elected officials are not being boisterous enough to try to rectify this, Because that's I get a lot of email about that. They want me to ask you. So I'm asked, can you what are you doing, Ted budd to make sure that because like I in one segment, I could have organized fifty of my listeners to haul all those trailers up right, like we got this, So how is it FEMA doesn't have this? And what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Getting red tape out of the way is the bottom line, And that's what I've been doing since the late days of September when this storm was coming in. As you would see government get in way if it's somebody trying to fly a helicopter with relief supplies and the FAA, you know, trying to keep them out, or our red tape, whether it's local or whether it's federal, is just saying, hey, stop this nonsense and let these private groups do what they need to do in the early days, and when it comes to FEMA, we're going to hold their feet to the fire. So we've been somewhat successful. Well, let's remember who's in charge right now, and that's President Biden. The people overwhelmingly in North Carolina and the rest of the country popular vote and all elected to kick that administration out and bring in President Trump because he's going to run a different show. He's going to get rid of the draws, he's going to get rid of these bureaucrats, and he's going to bring in real operators that know how to build, in this case, rebuild. So a lot of it happens January twentieth at noon, and we're but I tell you what, Trump's already he's not even on the job. But Jadie Vance is on the job last Friday. He was there in a fairview. We're tragically, you know, eleven family members perished from the mud slides and the storm. Thirteen people total died. So we're cutting red tape, and you know, we're bringing as much as we can to the area as fast as we can and letting groups like Samaritan's Purse, the American Red Cross, private groups do as much as they can in these early days. And I tell you what those are the real heroes. Government has calcified over the years. And that's one of the fights why I'm on the Doge Caucus is to clean up the folks that aren't bringing any value to the American taxpayer.
Speaker 1: And it's it's good that you slid into that because that there's what I'm wondering. We have what did I say, We have three hundred plus government offices, which I didn't realize. That sounds insane.
Speaker 3: And you're talking about like departments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, various departments and various other smaller organizations that are government organizations.
Speaker 3: This is it's more than that. It's closer to four hundred. And by the way, there is no completely.
Speaker 1: From Florida was talking about this. I can't remember his name, Byron Is it Byron by Donald? Yeah, yeah, he was talking about this that's crazy, and they said, well, maybe we'll get it down to ninety nine. How does that work from a congressional side, right, because obviously now you're not in the House anymore. You're obviously over in the Senate. But when you're talking about spending allocation, all of this, Trump can cut all he once, but you guys are going to have to do stuff because there's going to be things from organizations or departments that are eliminated that still have to happen. So you have to assign it to somebody. So Trump comes through and he can look like the Argentinian president ripping all those things off. But what do you guys have to do to facilitate an actual purge of the government. If he's going to be successful, what do you guys have to do?
Speaker 5: We control appropriations, which ultimately is the spending of the dollars. Uh. He gets to administrator or preside over the administration.
Speaker 3: But that's you know where you get the word.
Speaker 5: President, But ultimately the dollars come from us by constitution. I'd like to create a new department where if these if you can't fire these people, if they fireproof themselves. Under Biden in his last days, we create the Department of Redundancy Committee or better known as DORK, and we transfer all these people to DORK and uh, you know, just pay a minimum wage and they have to sit facing forward, uh you know, you know, and look at a blank screen for a couple of days, and maybe that'll just encourage him to be in the private market space.
Speaker 1: So it's like the rubber room, right, the rubber rooms up there in the newer school system where they get teachers but they can't fire them, so they go to the rubber room. But no, no, no, it's but it's so. But it's crazy because because there is a separate element in there, like what are democrats planning, because obviously this is the thing they're going to organize against. Any cut's going to be the end of the world. Right, they're going to be out holding the press conferences, like what kind of conversations you don't have to name name, what conversations are you having with your Democrat counterparts about how they really feel about this? Because obviously when they're in when they're on camera, they're going to be apoplectic, but behind the scenes, like even they have to assume there's some waste there, right.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, But you know, one of the biggest issues is that, really, if you've got a five trillion dollar budget, only a little over a trillion are the things that you send.
Speaker 3: Me here to vote on.
Speaker 5: So much of it is it's all the entitlements, and look, people worked hard for their social security, people depend on that.
Speaker 3: You've got to make sure that that's protected.
Speaker 5: But you've got to dig around the edges of that to make sure that waste fraud and abuse in the entitlements are fixed and removed. And that way, I mean, we can probably find close to seven hundred billion dollars. I've seen several models of that. But you got to go after the waste, fraud and abuse and misallocations inside of the entitlements so those who rightly deserve it, those who depend on it, can still get it for years to come. So we've got to dig into the appropriated dollars or the things that we vote on every year, and then you've got to go into the waste, fraud and abuse inside of the entitlement so that the good people, the right people can actually get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and Wake Forest University isn't running a one hundred and seventy thousand dollars study on what happens if we give monkeys a bunch of cocaine, which is a thing, which is a real thing. I just want to point this out that literally was part of appropriations and this is the stuff that just naused people. But we're about to be treated with the Republicans, yourself included, or trying to kill Grandma, and the media is obviously going to be willing to do it. So I don't know what that looks like. And I just I wonder if the Republicans are going to hold on this because when I'm looking at as you've mentioned the nominees, I'm seen splintering there from Joony Ernst, from Mitch McConnell, also from Tom Tillis aka Slenderman as we call him on the show. So what is the likelihood of the big name nominees that are out there that will actually get in, And what is your position on what you've heard so far of the nominees.
Speaker 5: I've met with Elis Stephonic. I mean, she's a slam dunk for the un She supports Israel. I've served with her in the House. She came in two years before me. She's tough as nails. She's from a rural part of upstate New York. She really came out during the impeachment trials and supported Trump. So she's going to do great at the UN. And then I've met with Pete Hegseth. He came in strong. I've known him for several years. I've been on Fox with him. I think you're seeing a strong Pete Hagsath, who is a different man in the last seven years than he was in his life prior to that. I mean, I really think he's on the straighten era. He wants to do right by our country. He's a decorated a war fighter and he's a great patriot, and I think he's going to make it.
Speaker 3: I'm very positive on him.
Speaker 5: I think Joni has said she's got an open mind, she's going to be opened through this process. Yeah, that's good signaling. Ultimately, it's up to her. She is from the army herself. But again, he's not He is not done. He is h He's he's got great momentum right now, and I think we're all kind of watching you know what Jani and others are going to do. But I'm supportive of Pete and I think he's going to win. I think he's gonna make it fune.
Speaker 1: What about Patel? That's the one that's really fascinating to me because I am really curious what it looks like to get in there and and reform the FBI. I mean, what is your understand Have you talked to kash Patel? I mean, what what do you expect him to do? And do you support him?
Speaker 5: So he's going to meet with those that are on the Judiciary committee first, and you know Senator Tillis is on the Judiciary and he's already signals support for him. I think he tweeted it was a great choice. And so I'll probably meet with him after that and look forward to of course, I'm going to ask him all the tough questions that you know, people agree or disagree with. But I look forward to supporting and expect that I will. But again, I'm going to have those go through the advice and consent process with him.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well, forget the PTEL side of it, what do you think needs to be done at the FBI?
Speaker 5: Well, I think you've got to get rid of Look at you what Chuck Grassley did ninety one years old. It just said that you need to remove the top leadership. You've got to remove the director and his deputies and replace him.
Speaker 3: So that's what you need.
Speaker 5: And by nominating Cash, that means that Ray is out. So I think you've got some great agents out there. And so whether it's somebody like FEMA, you know, which we talked about a few minutes ago, or whether it's like the FBI, you got folks that go to work every day and they want to help the people, they want to help the taxpayer, they want to do right.
Speaker 3: But then you've got some real politicized folks at the top that just need to go.
Speaker 5: And so I think you deal with that, and then some other people are just going to go along with the new trumpegen at, which they rightfully need to do if they want to.
Speaker 3: Keep their job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, and I got a minute and a half. So let's go to the big elephant in the room there. This thing where talking about preemptive pardons. This is I'm a slippery slope guy, senator, and so I just look at it and I'm like, well, then the Republicans will do it, and then this will just become a thing because that's how Washington works. How dangerous is this, though, that you or your colleagues could essentially get preemptive pardons for your time serving in Congress and it would just negate everything like there's no accountability there. It's so outrageous to so many people. And I'm just curious where you're at on this thing, Like, do you think Republicans then start doing this stuff because it feels like one of those things where they.
Speaker 3: Do Boy, I sure hope not.
Speaker 5: It feels like a trial balloon that's been floated as another bad idea.
Speaker 3: Let's let's just say that.
Speaker 5: It's going to be there and it's probably not going to be issued because it's just the next level of ridiculousness, and it further undermines the Democrat.
Speaker 3: Party, which had a terrible.
Speaker 5: Blow on November fifth when the American people completely rejected their ideas. I wish it was even more rejected in other districts and a few more Senate seats, but again, when you look at the popular vote, they rejected the Democrat elitism, and this is one more indicator of elitism in those preemptive parties.
Speaker 1: And it's a tragedy that Adam Shift's about ready to be your colleague again.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Early, I think he's going to get sworn in today. I thought you want to come up for that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm good. I'm I'm going to sit here and not do that. All right, Thank you so much, senator, do appreciate it. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks case, you see you all right, there
Speaker 1: You go, Senator Ted Budd joining us here on the Cacoday radio program, Hang On