Speaker 1: Joe Escalante live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood you mean Denver. I am coming to you this week from the Ritz Carlton in downtown Denver, where Sublime will be playing at the Red Rocks Theater tomorrow where if you know this story of your host, I'm the manager of a band and we were supposed to play Friday and there was a freak snowstorm and the show got canceled at Red Rocks. Was very rare because it's like rain or shine over there, and it was just a freak storm, canceled flights, and they moved it to Monday, so we all had to sit here and yeah, well, I mean it's nice. I got a nice sweep, but missing an Easter with my family, but this is my other family, my Sublime family, and we're having a good time, making the most of it late an extra show. But then the gear, you know, coming to the gear. I'm literally phoning this one in. Sam As you know, as the engineer, you did hobble together some way to do the show.
Speaker 2: Hey, two cans and a piece of string, that's the way we do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we got to do something.
Speaker 1: You know, last week we were live at Coachella, and this week we are yeah, downtown, downtown Denver.
Speaker 3: Next week we'll be home.
Speaker 1: You know why, Sam, Because next week we have to be home because next Sunday, the twenty seventh, is Bats Day at Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, And I think Dapper Day just happened, what last week or a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well that's for the soft people. The hard people go to.
Speaker 3: Bats Day.
Speaker 1: Bats Day is the day at Disneyland when all the goths come in from all over the world to take over Disneyland and be goths. So if you've never been to Bat's Day, it's the best day to go to Disneyland because despite the rides, or you know, on top of all the rides and the attractions, you have the human attractions or the sub human attractions in some cases. So I'll be there wandering around and I'm not a goth. I'm more of a goth sympathizer, I guess. But it's a really good event, and it's Disneyland coordinates with it, so it's not a it's not just a like underground outside of thing. Disneyland knows it happens. They have some merchandise, they let them make and in a very strange IP arrangement, and they have a big photo with all the goths at one point down on Main Street or at that little plaza where the Disneyland, the Walt Disney statue is.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I encourage you to check it out.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: It is fun.
Speaker 1: My wife found it accidentally, like two thousand and seven. Uh, and I've been going ever since. She happened to show up there that one dangle. What the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: She discovered them, like, look, honey.
Speaker 3: Goths, Yeah, goths.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to the box office because this is a show about Hollywood, and in Hollywood this week, the big news is Minecraft is blowing up the theaters.
Speaker 3: It's scored. I'll see how many am I God? And I get it wrong, Sam, I got a wrong.
Speaker 1: It's I have a wrong document that I opened up. So let me go to a hobbling this together.
Speaker 3: Apologize.
Speaker 2: I heard that Minecraft is Uh. It wasn't necessarily the greatest of movies, but the actual film experience itself was something that is to be reported on. Yeah, there's certain but like riots that break out at this movie apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the movie is definitely proving to be a box office had. I think it's got like four hundred million so far. But it's also generating some unexpected chaos in the theaters.
Speaker 3: Stam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a particular scene featuring the phrase chicken jockey has ignited wild reactions from these young It's mostly young males, and they're fueled by the social media trends. So reports and videos you might have seen show kids and teens screaming, throwing popcorn, jumping out of their seats, and even in one bizarre incidence in Utah, sam releasing a live chicken during the screening a movie. Theater staff are struggling to cope with this mess, reporting spills of popcorn, drinks, and shattered glass.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was at screening on the second day that it opened, and the kids were going crazy. But they hadn't got the words yet that you should go that crazy, but they were throwing stuff at certain.
Speaker 3: Points they were Yeah.
Speaker 1: I went to the bathroom at one time, and then I got back and my wife was telling me, he goes, there's just a bunch of popcorn just flew in the air and it was crazy, and I thought she was talking about the movie, but it was in the theater and then the kids started jumping up and down at certain times. But to me, the this is good for for for theaters. You know, you gotta you gotta suck it up, you gotta.
Speaker 3: Just you know, clean the stuff.
Speaker 1: And these kids are having a good time at the movie theaters and they're gonna come back and you know, they they'll get tired of throwing you know, popcorn around.
Speaker 2: And part of yeah, maybe that's part of what saves the film industry is that there's becomes like these traditions and routines that go along with certain movies like say, for example, The Room or Rocky Horror Pick your show. Maybe that's what they're trying to do with this movie is create a certain set of traditions and routines around the movie that make it so that this could be one of those movies that ends up screening, you know, every month like The Room does, and has like certain like an audience that goes out of their way and dresses up the same way that say, Rocky Horror picture audiences show up to movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it definitely wasn't the plan of the theaters themselves. Because they're pretty unprepared by it, and they're you know, the theaters are getting damaged. There's a Fox News contributor, Raymond Arroyo from the the EWTN network, also is a Catholic anchor, described the scenes as the social media lord of the fly and expressing concern for both the cleanup efforts and the potential safety hazards. But this is great. This is like, you know, footloose, like these kids are are a menace. You know, I love this kind of stuff. Yeah, some theaters, some theaters are reporting are reportedly considering the stricter parental supervision during the theaters. And but you know, the unruly behavior is definitely raising alarms. But I think it's a it's a net positive. Just clean it up and they'll be back. I don't think they'll you know, you can, you can. I mean there's some kids coming in there with these giant trash bags full of popcorn. Okay, here's the tip. Don't let them bring that in. If they want to buy a you know, a ten dollars bucket of popcorn and throw it on the ground, let them. Everybody should be warned if you go see minecraft, you're going to get something on you, maybe some butter flavoring. Speaking of butter of popcorn flavoring. Here in Denver, they're offering in the hotel popcorn with jolly rancher flavoring. Oh cool, because the jolly There's just a guy in the lobby.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure he was even there.
Speaker 1: It might have been like a some kind of ghost, but he was sitting there and saying, would you like some popcorns?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 1: I have jolly rancher flavor and chili, and I guess jolly ranchers were invented out here.
Speaker 3: There's jolly ranchers everywhere. All right? Cool?
Speaker 1: Cool story, bro. How much time do we have less before we have to go to traffic?
Speaker 2: One minutes?
Speaker 3: One minute? Okay when we come back. I got a lot of bad.
Speaker 1: Celebrity stories, celebrities behaving badly, which we do every week here on Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood. Haley, Joe Osmond. We all know about that one. We'll talk about him. But also p Ditty's back in the news on his sex trafficking case, and Harvey Weinstein back in the news, and a comedian who was banned from the Fox News Channel, a frequent guest on The Gutfeld Show because according to him, the Fox News channel is too woke. So we'll talk about that and other stuff after traffic right here on Joe Escalante Live from Hollywood. M HM. Joe with Glocke Live from Hollywood, coming to you from Denver this week on literally phoning it in. Sorry about the technical issues, but we've got freak snowstorms out here, and damn was good enough to hobble together something that we could do. And uh, let's go to the box office, Sam Number one. Number one in the theater is Sinners. That's that Michael B. Jordan film with uh uh, it's a thriller. It's what we call this genre.
Speaker 2: I think the horror.
Speaker 3: The horror.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a horror vampire Dracula kind of movie.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. And uh, you know, the horror thing isn't over.
Speaker 1: People like it and they're going to see a Number two, as we mentioned, Minecraft with four hund three hundred and forty four million in the US gross.
Speaker 3: That's a hit.
Speaker 1: And then number three we get to the religious movies King of Kings. Then there's a few of them on the top ten. The Amateur from Fox with Ramy Mallick. I think that's that's that movie. Yeah, and Warfare from A twenty four, which is like a weird, weird perspective on the ground warfare during the Iraq War, which, as you know, your host was deeply involved in that war. I was there on the ground for a total of eight days, so I think I know what I'm talking about. I don't like to call myself a hero, Sam, but I was there for eight days.
Speaker 2: You don't call yourself a hero. It's just a lot of people in that time in Iraq, we're calling you a hero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think it was there.
Speaker 1: They were saying it in Farsis, so I didn't really know what they were saying, but I'm just going to say it was hero.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Number six is the movie called Drop from Universal. It's another or thing. Number seven cartoon a color for steak colorfool stage, just like that's an English title Bride and Prejudice. For some reason, a fifteen year old movie is or a twenty year old movie is in the theaters and then the.
Speaker 2: Last anniversary of it, Yeah what okay?
Speaker 1: Like, really is that necessary? But it's doing well, it's making some money. Forty one million dollars and the Chosen Last Supper Part three. I'm confused by the Chosen Thing, Like I have to go to the theater three times to see this whole thing, and then I don't know, I know the story, so I'm not sure about it. But you know, it's great. This is a great movie to take your kids too. But then you got to take them two more times. I guess Disney snow White still hanging in there. It has made a total of eighty four million.
Speaker 3: Not enough, not enough, but yeah, kind of uh.
Speaker 1: And Rachel Ziggler was out at Colla this weekend promoting her next project. That would make me nervous if I had any money invested in her next project.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see that. It makes a lot of hype train riding on this one right now, anything that she does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, there is some hype. So it's it's hey, she went to Coachella. It was reported, and I reported it here in front of my vast large audience. All right, now we're gonna go to the the bad people, Sam.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Celebrities number one, and in this one everybody knows about. It's Haley Joe Osmon and he's the little kid from the sixth sense. Who says I see dead people. I think it was Gutfield that said I see dead careers. But he hasn't been doing that much anyway. He's had a lot of trouble sprint down in Altadena, and he was having some substance abuse issues.
Speaker 2: He basically, like as far as acting goes, intentionally pulled himself away from the from the industry and just did a couple of random, little like fun projects because I don't think he necessarily needed any kind of money after all the stuff he had done when he.
Speaker 3: Was a kid. I I I believe he needed all kinds of money. That's what I believe.
Speaker 1: Maybe now, Yeah, he was in Altadena, you know, he wasn't in Beverly Hills. I think he was living a simple life. But he had these problems, and but he apologized, you know, and he got he got a little out of control. Who who among us hasn't and he said, he issued a statement, I'm absolutely horrified by my behavior.
Speaker 3: Had I known I used.
Speaker 1: This disgraceful language in the throes of a blackout, I would have spoken up sooner. So he doesn't remember anything this past few months of loss and just placement have broken me down to a very low emotional place. So I think we gotta give this guy a pass in the.
Speaker 3: The nasty things. He said.
Speaker 1: He's just going through some stuff and you've got to hit a certain level before you you bounce back, and maybe this is the level. So pray for him and his recovery. Someone who doesn't seem quite as humble is he did he Now he's he's in He's still in prison. Okay, I guess it's New York out there, and he's facing a trial scheduled to begin on May fifth, Sam So May fifth, the trial of he Diddy. He's he's in the news because he's asking for a two month delay because there's been more allegations and more people are.
Speaker 3: Coming after him, and so he needs more.
Speaker 1: He needs two months time, two months more time to get it all together. And you know, look at these these new accusations and new witnesses, and his legal teams just says, it's just too much worse. I mean, we need more time. Sounded reasonable to me, but the judge, Aaron Subramanian upheld these planned start date, leaving did He's legal team with approximately three weeks to prepare his defense against serious allegations including sex, trafficking, forced labor, and he kid napping. Did these lawyers are bombed. Basically, he's got a potential with fifteen year minimum prison. Then so this is really serious. But the judge says, now this is the guys who just this is gamesmanship. You guys are delaying for, you know, to try to gain the system. But wow, that's a rough one. But they also got to be careful because you can get a mistrial or an appeal if you start piling on too many witnesses. This is what happened to Harvey Weinstein. Harvey Weinstein also in the news Sam. The judge is allowing him to stay at the hospital instead of Riker's prison. I think teams are turning for Weinstein. Not only did he have they threw out his conviction and then now they're saying, well, maybe you can live in the hospital. He doesn't doesn't have to live in Rikers. His bail is so high, like there's no bail or whatever. So he's a wealthy guy or he was, and he can't even get bail. His retrial is scheduled to resume next week with jury selection. But he's got bone marrow cancer and leukemia, heart disease. You know, it's pretty rough on him. And so what they did on him is they piled on him so much, so many witnesses.
Speaker 3: They started throwing witnesses that.
Speaker 1: That just shouldn't have been there, that were There's this thing in a trial called the probative value versus prejudicial value, And a judge has to look at whenever a witness is there, does their probative value outweigh the prejudicial value? Does is it could be offered to prove something that the jury needs to hear or is it not enough to overcome the fact that it would be prejudicial? And if you're just piling girls on the on the stand saying oh yeah I did this to me, Oh yeah he did this to me, He did this to me, they might later in an appeal another court might say, you know what, this stuff shouldn't have come in. You had he was accused of one crime and let's get the witnesses for that, but don't get a witnesses from another other bunch of other crimes in here that have nothing to do with this crime. Sometimes they need that to show like a pattern or something. You know that from watching CUSI or whatever. But sometimes you gotta be careful. And so these people have to be careful with Diddy because if you pile on him too much with too many witnesses, he'll end up they'll throw his conviction out too. So you got to just kind of just take it easy.
Speaker 2: So is that like the purpose of trying to endlessly delay proceedings is to open up space for there to be something that causes a mistrial.
Speaker 1: No, I think the mistrial would would would would come after a trial. So right now they're just I don't know what their tacticis to delay, you know, for so much. It's it's obviously expensive to delay, but they have a you know, maybe maybe something might happen to one of these witnesses, you know what I mean, Sam could kind of uh, you know, get in some kind of accident or something, you know, walking down the street.
Speaker 3: It's a dangerous place.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break, all right.
Speaker 1: Joe's Galante Live from Hollywood. Joe's Galante Live from Hollywood, literally phoning it in due to technical issues, broken gear, broken internet from the Rich Carlton Downtown, Denver. Happy Easter at everybody. I went to mass this morning at the Church of the Holy Ghost. And I mentioned that because if you're ever in Denver, this is probably the most beautiful building in Denver, the Church of the Holy Ghost. If you're not Catholic or anything, it doesn't matter, go to the Church or the Holy Ghost and open the door and peek inside. It's almost always open. It is the most beautiful building I've seen in the United States. It rivals Saint Patrick's Cathedral in New York City. I like it a lot better because it's a little more unexpected. It's just very tasteful, and you're just like, who built this place? It's and then here's the other great thing about it, sam uh, it's built there, and I think it's built in the thirties or something.
Speaker 3: Forgot.
Speaker 1: I looked at the sign and I already forgot. Anyway, I've been here. I've been here like ten times. It was built and then they had the skyscrapers you know that come usually in a city, you know, you build your churches, and then the like the early nineteen hundreds, maybe all these churches would get established and then and then as sooner or later, the skyscrapers come.
Speaker 3: And then what do you do with these churches?
Speaker 1: In the downtown area, and the land becomes so valuable, you got to build these skyscrapers. They built a skyscraper around this church. So the shape of the skyscraper has a dent in it the shape of the church, and it goes up to the sky, and the Church of the Holy Ghost just stays there. So anyway, I went there for Mass this morning because I'm stuck here. Sublime show got canceled or at the Red Rock got moved until Monday, and so I got to stay here with the crew and the band and and you know, we're doing our Eastern brunch and we're keeping ourselves busy, but we got to stay. I'm going to I'm be flying home on Tuesday. Okay, back to the story, Sam, this is interesting. There's a comedian named Tyler Fisher who was a frequent guest on Fox News's Gutfeld Show. As you know, your host has been a guest on that one as well. He's claiming that the network has banned him for what he calls a woke crime.
Speaker 3: Do you know what the crime is? Sam, oh?
Speaker 2: Dear and I can imagine at Fox News, my imagination is going nuts for wokeness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean because you're I mean, we associate Fox News channel with anti wokeness, right yeah, and then here they are. Here's this guy saying, oh no, no, no, I got fired because they are woke and the crime was asking a Fox News employee out for coffee. At a social media post, Fisher accused Fox News of going full woke and stated he has proof of the situation.
Speaker 3: They call that receipts these days.
Speaker 1: Sam right the receipts of the situation and is seeking legal counsel for defamation.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: He also alleged that Guttfeld rotating guests are not paid. I can attest to that. However, sources familiar with the incident paying a different picture. They report that Fisher's interaction with the female employee in January at Fox News headquarters was unsettling. The source claims Fisher grabbed the woman's phone, enters his number, and demanded she confirms she had it. The employee reportedly contacted security and Fisher was escorted off the premises.
Speaker 3: Whoa Now. While Fox News.
Speaker 1: Has declined to comment, Sam Fisher maintains the interaction was mutual and friendly, stated phone numbers were exchanged consensually. This comes after Fischer had appeared in gutt Field fifteen times and even had a comedy special on Fox Nation that premiered earlier this year. Then the comedian says he has been ghosted by the show after the incident.
Speaker 3: I believe that part.
Speaker 1: Uh So, then they throw in the discrepancy in accounts suggests a contentious situation unfolding behind the scenes at the popular news Fox News program.
Speaker 3: Okay, this comes to us from Variety.
Speaker 1: Now, Variety just did a story on Gottfield, put him on the cover. But basically Hollywood is, you know, is unsettled by Guttfeld's success. Gottfeld is the top late night program on TV and no, and none of these people know why because he's a you know, a right leaning comedian and all the other guys Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel and that other guy.
Speaker 3: Uh, they can't catch him.
Speaker 1: So mm they would like to say, and this goes on in news just everywhere. They're gonna throw in a little thing at the end, the discrepancy. There's some there's some a contentious situation unfolding behind the scenes. They would love to tear this down. My best example of this kind of stuff of haters. And I'm not saying that Fox News is perfect. I have two shows that on that network, on the Fox Nation, one called Alien Abductions with Abby Hornseck, and one called Monsters Across America. These are the two best shows on their whole network. Why don't they order more episodes because they're not perfect, That's what I'm saying, Sam. Yeah, but if you have for two ninety nine now you can get that. The price keeps going down two ninety nine a month for Fox Nation. The best two shows are My Alien and My Monster Show. And it's worth getting it for one month and watching it, maybe watch Scorsesees Saints program and then get rid of it.
Speaker 3: But Coachella, have you seen the news on Coachella? All week? There's been people are trying to equate it to.
Speaker 1: They're trying to equate it to the fire Festival. You remember the fire Festival. We had a lot of fun with them.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is such bs. You know. The trouble started.
Speaker 1: I guess when there was a big long line to get into one of the parking areas and it held up things and it became you know, that became a mess. So all the haters are people that were you know, it had nothing to do with what was going on in Coachella. It was the people trying to get into Coachella and Sam, do you know where these people were trying to get into where.
Speaker 3: The car camping lot.
Speaker 1: So these are a group of our society who decided that four days sleeping in your car in the desert was worth it.
Speaker 3: And they because they do.
Speaker 1: Allow that, they go in this area, you can sleep in your car and they have showers. Evidently not enough of them, but that's what these people were doing, and they it got clogged up. I guess they were offering a premium car parking section. In the car camping section of premium like front row or something. You can't see the concert from there. You just parking, you're sleeping in your car. You wake up and you go, oh my god, what time? How hot it is? Then you go try to take a shower and there's like, you know, a big long line for the shower, and then you get into the then you're stuck outside in the elements at Coachelle all day. So these people don't have the greatest judgment in the world, and they're running around saying and then everyone's just the media is just jumping on it and saying, oh, you got a crack in the Coachella building or whatever in the empire.
Speaker 3: But there's a crack in it. And I went to Coachella last week. I'll tell you the.
Speaker 1: People that were eating their nobu and watching Craftwork and Lady Gaga and Kneecapped and Green Day, and they didn't notice anything other than they were having the time of their life.
Speaker 3: But it is an expensive place.
Speaker 1: And if you're going to Coachella, be prepared to just pay a bunch of money for your accommodations and your tickets, or don't go. Don't go sleep in your car. If you're to sleep in your car and it gets fouled up, it's go easy. The festival was awesome. It was one of the best lineups ever. And uh, that's that's a report to you from someone who was at Coachella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if you read something.
Speaker 1: That says it was a mess or it's fire festival, that is the haters that are just coming up with anything.
Speaker 2: That sounds like sensationalism, they're just trying to associate it with something that was like a well known festival catastrophe and yeah, really you I guess the feeling that's what's gonna end up happening. Anytime there's like even a small problem at any one of these festivals, everybody's immediately going to draw the comparison to Fire Festival just because it's gonna be drawing clicks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're looking for it, and it does draw clicks. You're very right about that. And yeah, it's just you know, none of it's true, and it just it makes you feel like, wow, I can't. I can't believe anything that is written in an article. And that's how I am. A lot of people are like that. Now I read something, I'm like, hummm, I don't know. I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really don't.
Speaker 1: I used to believe you people, but now, I mean, you're just specially that like with with Coachella, there's like a lot of journalists that like maybe early on in the in the in the you know, they were younger, they would go, they would get free tickets, and then over time got really expensive.
Speaker 3: They're getting old. Nobody's giving them free tickets.
Speaker 1: So what's the next step, Well, let me tear that down because I can't go to it and I'm aged out of it, so I'm gonna tear it down.
Speaker 3: You gotta watch out for that. Gotta watch out for that.
Speaker 2: Let's take it a break.
Speaker 1: We'll take a break and we'll come back with more. Joe'sclante live from Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, h.
Speaker 1: H Joe West Going. It's Joe Ascalante live from Hollywood. Happy Easter, everybody, coming to you from Denver. I'm snowed in here waiting for the Sublime show to take place at Red Rocks on Monday. If you're in Denver, coming down to Red Rocks. It sold out, It sold out for weeks, but there's you know, some people aren't going because you know a lot of people flew in for this big Friday night Red Rocks sold out Sublime show, and then they moved it to Monday because of the snow, and so there might be some tickets available though, That's what I'm saying. And speaking of tickets available, if you're within the earshot of Pennsylvania or New York City, the Vandals are playing at the Pennsylvania Festival somewhere outside of Allentown in the woods out there. I don't know whatever, but we're headlining that festival and then also at the Irving Plaza in New York City, so tickets are available for that. So down We're playing at the Warped Tour Long Beach, but thickets are sold out for that.
Speaker 3: Sublime is playing. This is concert news right now.
Speaker 1: Sublime is playing at the Beach Live Festival on the Saturday night coming up on early May. I think it's May third, and with Sublime, the Pretender's Cake and.
Speaker 2: More, that's going to be a good show for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love that one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So back of the stories, We've got some defamation situations going on here, Sam. Yeah, you know, as you know, your favorite story, your favorite defamation story, maybe your favorite story of the year might be Drake.
Speaker 3: And Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Kendrick Lamar. Okay, why don't you explain the original suit and I'll give the update. Just give me a couple of sentences about it.
Speaker 2: Drake filed a suit against not Kendrick Lamar, but against iHeart and against Universal Music Group for basically trying to assassinate his career by promoting Kendrick Lamar's disk track against him, so much so that it got airtime and play at the Super Bowl, So yes.
Speaker 1: So how dare you? How dare you promote that song? And by the way, he's on Universal two, they're both on the same label basically, so he's suing his own label and saying that he called him a pedophile, straight up peedophile.
Speaker 3: Yah. And I believe that's in the lyrics.
Speaker 2: It is absolutely like no, it's not even like an allusion to it. It's it's very explicitly calling him a pedophile.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So what we know about defamation is if you have something that's not true, and you have something that makes people spit on the ground when they hear it, it's defamation when you but if it's a celebrity, you have to add this extra prong, which is it has to there has to be a demonstration of malice. It has to be done for a reason, like knowledge enough, like you know it's bad and you know it's gonna hurt them, and you wanted to hurt them for specific reason. I think this one fits that, because you could say he was trying to take his place on the charts, so he would like to say and this is what you're explaining to a jury in order to have success Kendrick Lamar came up with this diabolical plan. I will portray Drake as a pedo file and I will have success and he will have failure. It's not enough for me to succeed, others must fail. So that's that's a good defamation case. However, there's a free speech case on the other on the other side of it, and that's what Universal is saying is say, hey, you know, this is like, this is art people. You know they do these things and and they will make their case in court. But why it's in the news now is because he's adding another amended complaint BECAU because since it was on the Super Bowl, he's got even more damages because that's one hundred and three thirty three million viewers Sam, one hundred and thirty three million viewers that now believe he's a pedo file.
Speaker 3: But there's a problem with this one.
Speaker 1: Because they didn't use they modified the lyrics, and they omitted the word pedofile. However, if I was a lawyer, I would say this is defamation. Kendrick knows its defamation. Universal knows its defamation. That's why they removed it at the Super Bowl. If it is such art and if free speech is so important and you have one hundred and thirty three million viewers watching your art, why would you take it out? Well, I'll tell you why, ladies and gentlemen, because he knows it's illegal and he's afraid that he's going to have more damages.
Speaker 3: And here we are.
Speaker 1: So I don't think he's going to get any more damages for the Super Bowl. But interesting to see what the jury believes. And it's just going to be like, how good are these lawyers that explaining this to these the he's these jurors, I mean, and how's the relationship going with the Universal and.
Speaker 2: Drake are That's going to be a pretty tense meeting the next time he has an album ready to come out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Now there's another defamation case that's kind of interesting. There's a US Navy veteran who recently won a significant defagamation case against CNN because they said he was a smuggler or a human trafficker because he was getting people out of Afghanistan and they said he was making money off of it. Turns out it wasn't true. So Zachary Young was awarded five million dollars after CNN falsely or trade him as running a black market scheme to evacuate Afghans. But now the Associated Press was reporting on that and they doubled down on the accusation, so he's suing them. Young claims the AP defamed him in its reporting of his victory over CNN. Specific he takes issue with the AP stating his business helps smuggle people out of Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: He's like, why do you have to say that? Are you still why why do you use the word smuggling.
Speaker 1: His lawsuit points out that a Florida court had already ruled he committed no crime related to the evacuations. So he calls them evacuations, they're calling them smuggling. So they are saying that he did something that would make people spend on the ground and uh, and it's not true. Has asserted by a court of law. It's already been adjudicated. So he's got a good Uh, he's got a good case there there. Associated Press has to say, well, well, you know, smuggling, You know, we just said that, because I don't know how they're going to defend that. He also sued Puck News for their reporting on the CNN case. So if you this is what's going on. I'll tell you. I think I've seen I see what's going on here. Puck is an extremely left wing news organization. He probably because most are I don't know too much about him. So when this guy got off the hook, it's like it's a political thing. These reporters couldn't wait to say, yeah, he got off for smuggling people. But you know how the like careful reporters say he was allegedly accused for smuggling, but he was found not guilty. Puck, I'm sure went overboard because they had a disdain for the guy. And if they and they got to be careful how they report, you got to say allegedly or someone comes out. Why do you think people say allegedly on the news all the time. But so these guys are going to maybe pay the price. And we're just about a time We only have one little bit of of of a minute here to report on the good news that Zach Starkey, Ringo Starr's son, who was kicked out of the Who, the greatest rock and roll band playing today and maybe in the history of rock and roll, kicked out at the beginning of the week and now has been reinstated and they're calling it a miscommunication. So Ringo Junior is now back in the WHO and yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 2: Oh Billy Mitchell won his defamation case against Carl Jobs, the King of Kong case. That was one night and I know we're on the tail and we're about to go out, but yeah, he won his case because and the judge on it said, he's not trying. He's not a ju judging whether or not Billy Mitchell is a cheater. He's judging whether or not he was defamed in the videos by Carl Jobs. And yeah, he absolutely was.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay, we'll have to get more into that next week because you know, Billy Mitchell, we're both fans and uh you love to hate him and King of Donkey Kong he's.
Speaker 3: A better player than I am. Okay.
Speaker 1: I now leave you guys with just the taste of the greatest song ever written.