Speaker 1: Km I am sixty. You're listening to Later with Moke Kelly on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I am fascinated by something that President Biden has said now so, according to reports, The Washington Posts, citing multiple anonymous sources, says that Joe Biden regrets dropping out of this year's presidential election and insists that he could have beaten President elect Trump if he wasn't pushed out of the race by his own party. Which seems like an odd thing to say, because I watched that debate.
Speaker 3: It was bad. I was there.
Speaker 2: We all had grave concerns. I mean genuinely grave concerns, not just for his political future. I wasn't even worried about that after the debate. I was worried about his health, he says, excuse me. The New York Post report says instead, the eighty two year old, buckled under pressure by Democratic Party elites, had dropped out of the race by July because of poor poll numbers and his rocky debate performance, which he gave in coherent answers and appeared to stumble over his words. Vice President Kamala Harris replacing Biden atop the ticket. She defeated by Trump, aids say the President has been careful not to place blame on Harris or her campaign. According to The Washington Post, the President all but admitted during a CBS News Sunday Morning interview in August that former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi led the charge because the Dems in the House and Senate were worried that he dragged their chances. I dragged down their chances of being re elected. It was just his batt all the way around. Would he have fared better? I mean, we don't know, We don't. We can't tell you what would have happened because it didn't. But the idea that he was somehow more fit to run against Trump I think is I think is as delusional or as disconnected from reality as he appeared at that debate. And I like Joe Biden. I think Joe Biden is a little bit like Carter. I think history is going to judge him better than his approval ratings at the end of his term.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna look back and we're gonna go, wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had the crazy inflation that was better than everywhere else in the world. So if we take a look at you might say. I might say, oh, inflation was out of control. Inflation was bad. It was bad, right, but it could have been worse. The thing is, we don't think that way. We don't think when we're in pain. We don't think of how much worse the pain could be. Ask a woman who broke her leg if it hurts, she's going to say yeah, And then tell the woman, well, it could be worse. You could be in childbirth and see how she reacts. I don't think she's gonna say, you know what, You're right, this broken leg is so bad. But the truth is, if we compare our inflation to the rest of the world, you did better. We did, And so I think that history is going to be able to add context that we in an emotional state feeling PTSD from inflation and from COVID and everything else, are not going to be able to understand. The other thing is, for some reason, we tend to blame Biden for COVID. COVID came along during the last year of Trump's administration. The lockdowns happened during Trump's administration, but for some reason we blamed Biden. And in some cases that's because we had strict lockdowns in democratically run states like California. But let's remember they also had lockdowns in Florida. But we don't Ron Desanders did lockers. Ron DeSantis didn't have a mask mandate. That was all Gavin Newsom and Joe Biden. But that's how people view things. They're going to remember the Afghanistan withdrawal, but history will be able to put that into context and go, that was a deal that was hammered out before Biden. He was honoring a deal, right, So I think there's going to be a lot that history is going to look back on and go, Biden wasn't so bad. I don't know how long it's going to be before we have that understanding. That said, look, I saw that debate. I don't think he could have won reelection. I do think that the zeitgeist to the moment is that Biden was not up to the job. I think that the majority of Americans felt like, I'm in pain right now, I don't care how much pain Europe is in, and so they looked to somebody to blame for that, and they're gonna blame Joe Biden, and they go, what, I wasn't having this sort of economic pain under Trump. Although you know, the only recession that we had during the pandemic was again during the Trump time. But it doesn't matter. It's not how we look at things. So for Biden to say he could have beat Trump, I think is disconnected from reality.
Speaker 3: Totally disconnected from reality.
Speaker 2: Speaking of disconnection from reality, does Elon Musk know who he supported in this last campaign?
Speaker 3: I what I don't get with Elon Musk is the approach.
Speaker 2: I understand that Elon Musk is trying to give himself an advantage.
Speaker 3: I get that right.
Speaker 2: So Elon Musk this week has said that he's for the H one of the H one B versus all right, which is also the bird flu, But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: He's for the H one B versus.
Speaker 2: These are the worker VISs for people that are here and are are doing good work. So Musk liked the post that asserted that Americans are too our word to fill the country's tech workforce, and he supported the idea the top roles should be taken up by better educated people from overseas now not coincidentally, Elon Musk is from over seas, and a response to his perceived endorsement of the posts, and X user going by the name Steve Mackie reposted a video of Musk from twenty twenty one in which he spoke about SpaceX's plants for a fully reusable rocket, saying, everyone's base without knowing it. They've got a mental straight jacket on. They'll work on optimizing the thing that should simply not exist.
Speaker 3: So they applied his logic to the H one B.
Speaker 2: Mackie asserted that the visas could be something that shouldn't exist. Okay, so they take something, apply a different context and say, see you even said this, blah blah blah, what's interesting about this? And this is where I ask about Elon Musk. I'm not questioning his viewpoint on the H one B visa. That's fine. We're going to have conversations about immigration reform. There's going to be questions about who should be allowed into the country, who should not. There are some that most people are gonna go, yeah, okay, if you're running across the border, that's not cool. There will be others that say, if you weren't born here, you don't belong here. There are going to be others that say, if your parents weren't born here, you don't belong here. So there are going to be different degrees of crazy when it comes to the immigration conversations. That's fine, We're about to go through that. This is going to be an interesting few years, no doubt. But when you have people that are attacking Elon Musk and then he starts attacking them back, he starts attacking Maga.
Speaker 3: He told this dude, some rando on Twitter.
Speaker 2: He said, take a big step back and f yourself in the face. I will go to war on this issue, the likes of which you cannot possibly comprehend. So Steve Bannon, the guy sort of orchestrated Maga in the first place, jumped on that out versus an opportunity to try the tech leader writing on Getter, what is getter?
Speaker 3: Ron is Getter? That's the right wing.
Speaker 2: Probably okay, he said, someone please notify Child Protective Services need to do a wellness check on this toddler.
Speaker 3: So now you've got Steve Bannon, hard right, Maga.
Speaker 2: Architect who's attacking the world's richest man, who just attacked some rando and told him to go f yourself in the face, which, as we all know, we all tried when we were teenagers, and we all learned we can't. I don't understand what his point is. This is where I'm so lost by the pettiness. The world's richest man is engaging with some rando on his social media site.
Speaker 4: And there's something to be said about how why is it that they always react to a negative comment. But if you were to say, like, I like your products, Elon's thanks man, but but it's like, oh, you're a pos.
Speaker 3: Then there that's ego, right, I mean, that's insecurities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because one of the things that we learn in radio and fush you know this, you'll deal with the host.
Speaker 3: We're all very egotistical.
Speaker 2: The cutting comments, they hurt, they do, yeah, but we also learn to do not.
Speaker 3: Feed the trolls exactly.
Speaker 2: And so anytime someone pays you a compliment, you say thank you. Now, if someone sends me an email personally saying how much they hate me, I just go, wow, I'm really sorry about that.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe we can find some common ground.
Speaker 2: And oftentimes that person was like, oh, I didn't think you'd respond, thank you so much. They're just throwing things against the wall and then all of a sudden they kind of come around and realize that they were being tools right exactly. But I always say thank you to somebody, at least I try. I'm terrible at checking my Facebook, but I try to say thank you to everybody that pays me a compliment, because it really is.
Speaker 3: We need more of that in the world. You need to be thanked for doing something kind. How hard is it?
Speaker 4: And it's so true because when we do events and you know, people are like kind of shy to come up and take a picture, they ask for something, I'm like, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have a job right now. Oh my gosh, Yes, of course we'll take a thousand pictures, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so hey, you know who is really good at that? Full credit.
Speaker 2: So I was at the Snoop Dogg Bowl on Saturday that was in Tucson, and Snoop went into the locker room before the game with both teams Colorado State in my Miami, Ohio.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you that the players.
Speaker 2: From those teams, I don't think anybody's going pro because they're very small schools that had middling records.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody's going pro.
Speaker 2: There's a high probability nobody on that though either one of those teams will ever have a chance to meet Snoop again in their lives. And he took the time to go into the locker rooms before the game, and anybody that wanted a picture he did a picture with him.
Speaker 4: I mean, he spent a lot of time with those college kids. That's see, that's the cool, that's classy. Yeah, that's what I mean. He stood us up in the broadcast booth at halftime. But I thought that the seeing the players is really classy. I thought that was really cool.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand why you've got this argument where you're arguing with random people.
Speaker 3: What's the point, What do you get out of it? What?
Speaker 2: How does that benefit anybody, including your own mental health? How it doesn't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: Speaking of social media and mental health, it doesn't take long before you get brain rot from surfing TikTok, which you might not be able to do much longer unless uh President elect Trump has something to say about it. Trump forty five versus Trump forty seven, two very different takes on the same topic.
Speaker 5: Next, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Snoop was hosting a bowl game in Tucson, the Snoop Dogg Arizona Bowl presented by Gin and Juice, by Doctor Dray and Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 3: Was it really called Gin and Juice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, present, Yeah, it was the Snoop Dogg Arizona Bowl presented by Gin and Juice, by Doctor Dray and Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 3: That is fantastic. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 2: And this was what was really cool, the winning team, which is Miami Ohio. It was an incredibly boring game in the first half. It was nine to three at halftime. I was working with in the broadcast booth with one of my dearest friends is was the play by play guy, and so he invited me to come and work in the broadcast booth with him. So we're there and the game was incredibly boring at halftime, and then it it like I said, nine to three, and then I think the final was I mean, all of a sudden, there was like a scoring.
Speaker 3: Mayhem. It was like forty to I don't know, ten or something. By the end.
Speaker 2: It was a lot I don't remember the final score, but it was, uh, there's a lot of scoring in the second halfen and all of a sudden came alive and so at the end, Miami Ohio wins and Snoop comes out in a low rider on the field and he takes the coach off the field in a low rider, is which is pretty great. The coach was covered in gatorade too. I would not have let him in my car, so I thought that was a neat way to end the game.
Speaker 3: He was in Snoops car. Yeah, he's in the Yeah, Snoops low ride.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming it was a Snoops car unless they found some other random low rider.
Speaker 4: Not too hard to find him. Tucson probably just grabbed the impound bot. I see what you're saying that, Like, you know, whatever he has is not cheap. So no, so that was pretty great for him.
Speaker 3: That's good for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take that pop Tarts bowl, you know. Shout out to the lowrider, Shout out to Snoop.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately he did not come into the broadcast with the halftime. We were kind of hoping it would happen. We thought it had been arranged, but then it didn't happen, which was too bad. So I had to take off. I had to get home because yesterday is my wife's birthday. So she said ship. Yeah, so I said, I said, I gotta go home, guys, I gotta I gotta scoot.
Speaker 3: I got a long drive ahead of me. I gotta get home. So I took off.
Speaker 2: Right after the game, they went down to the field and all the other guys in the broadcast team were hanging out with Snoop.
Speaker 3: I've got photos and not me. Fixer didn't happen, right, Yeah, that's that's exactly wrong.
Speaker 2: I could lie to you and said it happened, but no, I don't have any pictures, but all my buddies do.
Speaker 3: So Yah, good job, guys. Good John.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Trump forty five TikTok bad. We're gonna ban it. As far as I'm concerned, it's banned. It's terrible. The Chinese are spying us through the tick attack. It's horrible. The worst thing you could imagine. He's the tick tack. The China is learning all of our dance moves.
Speaker 3: He Look, they're learning how I dance. Like this. It's two fists facing out and then you.
Speaker 2: Just pump Them's question left right left, right, left right, Look you're.
Speaker 3: Doing yoga or you're working out with Jane Fonda.
Speaker 2: Left right, left, right, My dance moves are unmatched.
Speaker 3: Can't you can be stealing this China?
Speaker 2: I can't steal my dance moves. So now Trump says that he does not want TikTok band, So why the flip flop? Well, Trump says he learned how he can make some money on it. Oh, well, you don't say that's no snoop.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that. But I hear Cash is very nice.
Speaker 4: I heard that too, especially with the with the uh yeah, with her the way she markets herself, she's kind of like trashy. But I heard she's like the nicest person. I have heard good things about her as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you, but you're right, it's definitely the trashy thing going on. Uh So, Trump says he uh he TikTok needed to be banned. That was that was at the end of his last term. Now he says, no, it could be great. So TikTok's band is supposed to start on January nineteenth, That's when the deadline was. That is, the day before inauguration, which of course has got people on TikTok claiming that this is all a conspiracy, because why wouldn't you uh.
Speaker 3: Trump, however, says that.
Speaker 2: He wants the Supreme Court to delay that decision because he and only he can solve the problem with uh TikTok in uh.
Speaker 3: And how do you say?
Speaker 2: Is it amkas brief or is it amic I heard a lawyer say amikas brief. I always assumed it was amicus brief. Do you know what it is? Ronner, You're smarter than I am.
Speaker 4: I've heard it pronounce both ways, so I think you're good. Ah, that is a cop out, you chicken. No, No, it's true. I've looked at myself. Oh yeah, okay, I've had the same issue as you. All right, So in the I'm gonna say amicus. It just feels right.
Speaker 2: In the amicus brief, Trump said that he seeks the ability to resolve the issues at hand through political means once he takes office, and that he quote alone possesses the consummate deal making expertise, the electoral mandate, and the political will to negotiate a resolution to save the platform. Again, the same guy who four years ago said, as far as I'm concerned, it's banned, those are his words.
Speaker 3: Far as I'm concerned it is banned.
Speaker 4: But now he says he learned how he can make money on it, and he doesn't want it banned any longer. I wonder, I wonder how his bff Elon Musk feels about that, who, of course doesn't like competition, and banning TikTok would be a really easy way to eliminate competition. I wonder if he's with Trump on this one or against him. I want to say against Hey, good news.
Speaker 2: You get to spend the rest of or you get to spend all of twenty twenty five paying off all the money you spent on Christmas twenty twenty four. But it'll be just in time for you to spend more money next year than you did this year.
Speaker 3: Did you learn your lesson yet? I'll tell you how many people did not.
Speaker 5: That is next you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard the commercial that throws everybody off, but Marlo Teez was in yesterday afternoon and it got hurt and the tech director said, don't worry, it happens to everybody. Had got tim once too, so I thought, I'm going to let this run for a second.
Speaker 3: Just make sure that it's not there is that true? It's true.
Speaker 4: But I mean Tim is so like adamant to just jump right on the mic. It'll h it'll sound like a normal bumper, but he'll think it's it's yeah, he doesn't realize what it is and then say, oh oh he stops.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of the charm of his show though, right, Yeah, you never know. I love that that all that. Yeah, yeah, you get you get it raw. It's it's beautiful, there's it's unpolished, unvarnished.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, like, no one can ever complain that he's written it ahead of time.
Speaker 3: It's clearly it's not. Yeah. No, but that's that's the that's the glory about his show. I love that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm Chris Marrilyn Men from O Kelly listened any time on demand of the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Like Tim, I obviously do no prep uh. So you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Holiday shoppers spending more money this time around, which is great. I guess in a capitalist society, who doesn't love that. We spent almost four percent more this year than we did last year, even though inflation was under three percent all year long, So that means that we spent more money period, not just dollar amounts. We spent more of the money that we earned proportionate to the You get the point. Okay, So all of that is good for the economy. I always wonder, however, how many people are being smart with their money. For instance, we are going to get a number in January. We don't know what it is now, but we'll get the number in January about how much people charged on their credit cards during this holiday spending spree.
Speaker 3: In fact, the place.
Speaker 2: Where we get the data that says that holiday sales from the beginning of November through Christmas Eve climbed three point eight percent comes from master Card, So they're obviously taking a look at what people are putting on their credit cards, which means I wonder, I wonder what it's going to look like when it comes to the accumulated debt, which was over a trillion dollars at one.
Speaker 3: Point this last year.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of shocking how every year people say how much they're in debt and don't have money yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you're describing right now, we've spent more than before. Yeah, it's going somewhere.
Speaker 2: How much pain are you willing to experience in order to get out of debt. Right, that's the quaestly Yeah, how much pain are you willing to experience?
Speaker 3: Because debt is easy.
Speaker 2: I was having a conversation with with a friend of mine who lives in Rancho Cucamonga, and she was talking about how she's really fiscally responsible and her daughters. She drives like a twenty fifteen Honda and a twenty eighteen super Route and.
Speaker 3: She says, the cars are fine. I'm not looking to replace the cars.
Speaker 2: And her daughter said, Mom, why don't you get a Corvette because something about the Corvette look nice? And she says, honey, I got the cash. I can buy a Corvette right now, but I don't need it. I can think of a lot of.
Speaker 3: Other things I'm want to do with that Corvette baller. Yeh right, that's kind of I could say that.
Speaker 2: Right like, oh, honey, I got We could go walk right down there right now with a suitcase in my pocket full of cash, wrap.
Speaker 3: It on the table.
Speaker 4: There was this friend of mine that well, friend of a friend, and he told him, hey, you know what you should get, or a friend of his told him, hey, you should get some you know, health insurance and he goes without missing a beat. He goes, I can exchange every single part of my family's like anatomy anatomy right without having to even spend itself.
Speaker 3: I'm okay, all right, Well that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Family doesn't get to do anything. It's a bite on a bullet while he does it.
Speaker 3: But that's great. Also, all of my tools are unsterible. But that's fine. Good.
Speaker 4: Uh So my point is with my and I love that.
Speaker 3: By the way, the the.
Speaker 2: Story that that goes with this person Rancho Coookamonga, I said, she says, it is it's heartbreaking to me. I dropped my daughter off at school and it's a bunch of kids in high school driving BMW's and Mercedes and Audi's and this sort of thing. And uh and I listen my daughter with to Torrey Pines in San Diego, and I had the exact same moment where I pulled into the parking lot and I'm seeing all these kids rolling in Mercedes Benz in BMW's. I went to they had a community wide like garage sale thing that benefited My daughter was in the water polo team and so it benefited the sports team. One of the parents comes up in a rolls Royce, like, what are you doing now? Maybe they just had stupid money, you know, maybe there's just a lot of foreign oil or probably contract killer money.
Speaker 3: But that's fine.
Speaker 2: What strikes me, though, is the number of people who are living who are living upper class lives on middle class wages. And I was talking to my friend there in our scene. I said, I have a feeling there's a lot of false economy going on where people are borrowing against their homes, which have increased in value so much in the last five ten years, and they're just refinancing their homes. They're buying whatever they want, they're refinancing their homes. And she said, you think, yeah, yeah, I think that's what it is. So it worries me when I see it. People are spending a lot more money. Great, it's good from the economy that we continue to see this, this this upward growth. But it worries me because at some point you gotta you gotta pay the piper, right, it's going to happen.
Speaker 3: My wife and I got.
Speaker 2: Into some some bad credit card debt, and I'll take the blame on that because she hates when I include her in any sort of our debt conversation.
Speaker 3: So it's it was all my debt. It's all my fault. Uh.
Speaker 2: And then I lost my job and we decided we can't do this because what happened was I lost my job. We already had credit card debt. I lost my job, and then I thought, oh, I'll have another job come along soon, No big deal, We'll just use a credit.
Speaker 3: Cards until then.
Speaker 2: Then it didn't happen, right, It was a while before I had something that was full time. So yeah, we moved into r V for two years. We lived in a in a fifth wheel trailer for two years. Bought that in cash. We had a little cash, but we bought the RV for nineteen grand in cash and we lived in that for two years on my parents' land, so we didn't have to pay rent or anything like that. So how much are you willing to do to get out of that debt? You know, let me give you some personal advice. Make your sacrifices before you really have to make your sacrifices. It's a whole lot easier now. Speaking of which, what are we looking for in twenty twenty five? Are things going to get better?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I guess it all depends on some of the factors that you and I have no control over. Now that the election is done, are we going to see the economy take a hit from tariffs? According to the incoming president. He says, if we throw another ten percent of Chinese goods and twenty five percent of Mexico and Canada, that's just going to hurt their economies. They're going to have to lower prices, and it's going to benefit Americans. Most economists will say, no, tariffs just make everything more expensive, because that's basically a tax that's being built into the sticker price, and then you have taxes that you pay once they hit the shelves anyway, So tariffs, they say, could cost American households an average of three thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars next year.
Speaker 2: And mind you, it's going to be more here because everything's more expensive in California. When it comes to the immigration policies, how heavy handed are going to be with enforcing immigration? Is this going to be all about finding people who have criminal records and getting rid of them. Is this is going to be all about everyone who wasn't born here and everyone whose parents weren't born here and needs to get out of the country. Because if that's the case, you thought grocery prices were expensive, now just wait until there aren't any groceries, because there is anybody to pick those those crops, right, they're going to pick the vegetables. So there are a number of other things, and a lot of that may affect inflation. If inflation goes up, what's that going to do the stock market? A lot of questions that we have for twenty twenty five, A lot of unanswered questions, a lot of open.
Speaker 3: Ended questions they suppose going into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: But one place where you've been able to save money in the past looked like it was a goner until the going out of business sale really caught somebody's attention. ABC seven had the story on Big Lots.
Speaker 6: When Big Lots announced that it was closing, lines of customers were eager for deeper discounts. This is video from the Big Lots and locking out of flint Ridge last Saturday where.
Speaker 3: The lot, Yeah, you can't see it because radio.
Speaker 6: I'e wrapped through store aisles.
Speaker 3: God, I would not go.
Speaker 2: Oh, but I was able to save so much money on my Big Lots crap. Oh, I was willing to stand in line.
Speaker 3: Not worth it? Yeah, Now a holiday miracle for Big Lots. The retail chain just found a new buyer.
Speaker 6: Big Lots will now be sold to a firm specializing in distressed companies. That same firm had been working with Big Lots to conduct going out of business sales at more than eight hundred stores. Now some two hundred to four hundred stores. We're going to be transferred to another company which plans to operate under the operate the stores under the Big Lots brand.
Speaker 2: All right, So it's the liquidator that said, yeah, we're gonna buy Big Lots. What do you suppose the odds are that this liquidator, and I'm discussing, I have no idea, but what are the odds that the liquidator saw Big Lots as an opportunity for them to take any sort of the liquidation products. Because the liquidator will go into a store and let's say you've got I don't know, three million dollars worth of stuff on the shelves. The liquidator will say, we'll cut your check right now for five hundred thousand or seven hundred and fifty thousand, whatever it is, and you take the check, you walk away. We take care of getting rid of everything, and the people will go, Okay, that's fine, you take care of it. I don't have to pay any employees. I don't have to do any of that stuff. And then the liquidator will sell all those products and then they start discounting. They start ten percent, then they go to twenty percent, fifty percent, seventy percent.
Speaker 3: Everything must go up to ninety percent off, and then.
Speaker 2: People will stand the line, they'll wrap, the lines will wrap through the aisles because they think they're getting a screaming deal.
Speaker 3: YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 2: So what are the odds that a liquidator will come in and say going out of business sale, the big yellow signs closing the doors final time, twenty percent off, forty percent off, fifty percent off, and once they hit a certain threshold, they go, okay, whatever's left, we'll take to our liquidation centers, which were the Big Lots store. So how what's the likelihood that the Big Lots becomes basically a liquidation outlet center just under the Big Lots brand.
Speaker 3: That's my guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know for sure, but that's my guess, and it's something if it were my business, I would consider that about a twenty twenty four in review. For those who didn't have such a terrible year, you might want to hear this. For those that did have a terrible year, you're definitely gonna want to hear it. That's next, Chris Merrill.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI Am sixty.
Speaker 2: Here we are in the eve, Chris, New Year's Eve. We're just hanging out in from O Kelly. You can listen to anytime on demand on the iHeart Radio app Good Time, Good Time, I.
Speaker 3: Really get you, really calmed you down? Oh? I like that? Love it? What is that? There is the color of Yeah, it's three eleven amber amber.
Speaker 2: Amber's the color of the amber is the color of Jurassic Pond.
Speaker 7: But I can hear in your voice You're like Christmas infrat with Kelly uh Infomo Kelly night Grooves Rod.
Speaker 3: Are you O Kevin or anything for you from you in a while. I'm right here for you. I'm ready I say something upset you.
Speaker 2: I don't talk about Biden, and I was talking about Carter and I don't know if that major man.
Speaker 4: No, I'm on a hair trigger here. I'm ready to roll oh okay, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure.
Speaker 2: Uh, if you had to rate this year on a score one out of ten one a ten, where do you put twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Four personally or in general for everybody? Personally?
Speaker 4: Not a bad year from me. Job went well, had a video game come out that I worked on, sold a comic book story. I'm going to say, uh, seven good, solid seven.
Speaker 3: Foosh. You always come with a nice positive attitude.
Speaker 4: I normally do, but I think personally, yeah, I would have to say it was about a four four wow rough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that mo every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to deal with her all the time. How about you? Uh So, my I was telling somebody about this.
Speaker 2: My year started out great, it really went like Gangbusters, and then September hit and things once it crap fast. My daughter had some personal challenges that you know we're still working through right now.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then by my parents have lost two.
Speaker 2: They had one dog that they had to put down, got sick and died real fast. Then they got a replacement dog that died six weeks later.
Speaker 3: No, yes, they adopted this dog. They took it.
Speaker 2: Somebody else was getting rid of it and they took They took care of this dog which had not been to the vet in forever, and so they take it to the vet to go, Okay, this dog has been to the vet. Let's get some blood work and have a checked. Had kidney failure, and I think all the liver's not far behind.
Speaker 3: They had to put that one down right away. Yeah, bad deal.
Speaker 2: And then my dog just tore a racl So yeah, you're telling me, but I'm gonna tell you my spirits are actually pretty good. So I'm gonna give I'm gonna I'm gonna be with Mark. I'm gonna say it's a seven out of ten. Some personal challenges but and some stresses, but I think all in all, we're all still upright and ambulatory, except for my parents' dogs, which is too bad.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say seven. Seven out of ten.
Speaker 2: Americans generally went to six point one out of ten. That's the average for people being surveyed by Talker Research. Two thousand Americans surveyed on a scale of one to ten. Six point one out of ten, which is above a five, right, which is kind of above average. Now, Foush, I know you're trying to bring us all down here, and I'm sorry that you're going through some of those things.
Speaker 3: That sucks.
Speaker 4: But uh now it sounds like everyone else that was bringing up that's me. I've been around you long enough to know that you call it like it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So if you have a good year, you're gonna call it a good year, and if you have a bad year, you're gonna call it the bad year. I mean, for Peteza, yr year might might have been way worse than a four. Yeah, you know, you might be, uh you might be padding those numbers a little bit just for the sake of this bit. Well kind of like you.
Speaker 4: It started off strong and round February March just poop. Uh so yeah, just kind of picking myself up. But you know, like I said, we're talking off air. It's it's I'm fortunate to have a job like this where I get to kind of just put it on the back burner and hang out with you and Mark Ronner and Moe and Tim and everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I noticed that you didn't mention Tawala, But that's fine. Uh yeah, that's cool. Uh that's interesting, but uh it's kind of a glaring omission.
Speaker 3: That's fine, But that's cool. That's great. Uh, do you do anything as far as New Year's resolutions?
Speaker 2: Do you say, Okay, this is my chance to reset, I'm really gonna focus and this is what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: Do you do a vision board? Foush.
Speaker 4: No, I've heard of them. Yeah, I'm gonna be completely honest. The reason that I've never done it is because it just seems like too much work, dude.
Speaker 3: That's how I am with journaling.
Speaker 2: Everybody's like, you should journal, it's good for your mental health, and I'm like, that just feels like an assignment to me.
Speaker 4: I just have it in my head, like, Okay, it's gonna be a B and C. That's what I'm gonna work on. I don't need to have the vision board. So I guess the vision board is so twenty twenty three. It's like, so now going into twenty twenty five, you're supposed to use the twenty twenty five Bingo.
Speaker 3: Cards to achieve your goal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You take a blank Bingo card, you know, five across, five down with a free spot in the middle, and then you fill out things you want to do for the coming year, and then and then those are that's supposed to be. Basically, it's like a vision board, but that's what you're supposed to. This gonna be your goals, like to eat healthier, exercise more whatever that is.
Speaker 3: Okay, So yeah, it's like it's it's the new version of a vision Yeah, exactly. Okay.
Speaker 2: But the reason they do this is because how many times have we said this year something crazy will happen and we'll go ooh, did not have that on my bingo card?
Speaker 3: All right, that's become part of like the the pop culture lexicon.
Speaker 2: Whoa do not have Diddy being arrested for child molestation in my bingo card? Oh yeah, So now we're actually putting together your lung bingo cards. So that's what people are doing. I like the idea of the Bingo card. And here's why I like this. Not only is it action oriented, it motivates all that kind of stuff. But in my mind, as soon as I can get you know, as soon as I hit a bingo, I can stop.
Speaker 3: I've accomplished enough for the year. Good enough, right, And I would definitely.
Speaker 2: Line up the free spaces so I would put like, I would take like eat healthier, and I might put that at like, oh fifty six. You know, but if I want something like uh oh, commit to uh more sex this year, I'm definitely putting that in the end column because then I only have to have four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what I want those stuff though, Let's let's be realistic.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it was on my wife's Bengo card. Get you, doesn't mean she asked to. It just means I have to. That consent is key here, so then hers is the opposite. And that's how you guys like, let's not do it, And I'm like, oh honey, you Bengo car got lost.
Speaker 3: It's weird. The strangest thing. Have sex with thumb and I'm attracted to this year. Try that. That's what keeps a spark right. That's all right. There's no business like show business.
Speaker 2: It is next Chris Maryland from O Kelly and I kf I AM six forty We live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You've been listening so later with mo Kelly.
Speaker 1: You can always hear us live on kf I AM six forty seven pm to ten pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app