Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. So it is possible for rond De Santis to appoint Matt Gates to fill Marco Rubio's vacated Senate seat because Trump has nominated Rubio to serve as Secretary of State. Some people, Peter Bergerson being one of them, PhD Professor Emeritus of poly Psi at Florida Gulf Coast University who's connected obviously in Florida, says it's very doubtful that that's going to happen because there is a long line of individuals very interested in the Senate vacancy, kind of like, oh, what can you do for me? Despite Matt Gates and Ronda Santis being friends for a long time.
Speaker 2: And Ronda Santis has to be careful because that's what got Rod Blagojevich in trouble. Sure, ever, when he was basically selling Barack Obama's Senate seats.
Speaker 3: Yes, but that's how it's done. He just got caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we saw it here when Dianne Feinstein passed away and Lafonse Butler was put in.
Speaker 4: Her place as the placeholder for the rest of that term.
Speaker 2: Not that there was necessarily any hijinks in there, but there's a high degree of lobbying that goes into getting that position, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of not only the ball washing, but it's the you know, what can you do from it? You know, line and line, my pockets wash everything at that point, everything, guys.
Speaker 4: I have to admit, people listen to the show.
Speaker 3: So Matt Gates is resigning from his assignment or his nomination, he listens to the show.
Speaker 4: That's pretty fricking cool, isn't it. It is? Yeah. Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump, on his truth Social did write a few minutes ago, I greatly appreciate the recent efforts of Matt Gates in seeking approval to be Attorney general. He was doing very well, but at the same time did not want to be a distraction for the administration for which he has much respect. Matt has a wonderful future and I look forward to watching all of the great things he will do. CNN is running with a story that says that the team that the transition team knew that Gates was going to pull his name out of consideration and believed that the Ethics Report whatever form it is right now that the House Ethics Committee is sitting on and trying to figure out what they're going to do with it, that this was going to have even more bad information about Matt Gates in it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, and they were going to comb through it and it was going to be the main focus. So there will be a special election. He can run for his own seat. But then what happens to Ethics report if he gets elect comes back. Yeah, well that's why he's never going to do that, right.
Speaker 3: He's going to go have a lucrative career on some sort of board.
Speaker 2: But I mean the Senate, it's Republican controlled, so it wouldn't happen. But the Senate would have the power to open its own in ethics investigation into one of its members. In that case, Matt Gates, if he's appointed by Ron De Santis. That's true, I mean they're still I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, he doesn't get to be appointed though, Remember to the Senate.
Speaker 4: He could take Margarobias that one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem I think that exists with the conspiracy theories, right. The one theory that we've heard is Donald Trump owede Matt Gates a favor, and what he did was he appointed him as the nominee for Attorney General, knowing that he was going to resign from Congress, and knowing that that resignation would put the kibosh on any sort of ethics report that comes out.
Speaker 4: And it feels like.
Speaker 2: There's been enough momentum from either Senators or other people in the House to get their hands on that ethics report. You know, they had this false belief that once he resigned from Congress, that ethics report was going to die in a fire somewhere.
Speaker 4: That hasn't happened yet, I mean yesterday.
Speaker 1: Well, now there's no grounds to open it or find anything in it because he's withdrawn his name, so he's not connected to Washington at all presently.
Speaker 2: But but like I said, the there are times in the past when Howe's at the House Ethics Committee has released reports.
Speaker 4: They're not going to do it for Congress.
Speaker 1: This, this whole storm, to me, proves that there are other names connected to Matt Gates. There are other things in that report that people are terrified about it getting out. Matt Gates is basically collateral damage for Washington right now.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of worried people that this.
Speaker 1: Thing was going to come out, and then what what does that pretend for the future, I e. What Mike Johnson was saying, setting a precedent.
Speaker 3: It's not a.
Speaker 1: Precedent to you know, up, you know, to uphold the laws of the House and the Senate and sharing and things like that. No, no, no, it's a precedent of airing out dirty laundry for all those guys.
Speaker 2: Well, and that goes to what you said about Marjorie Taylor Green and her threat of if we're going to if we're gonna do this with Matt Gates, we're doing it with all four hundred and thirty five members of the House.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you guys want to do that, she said, all make it happen. Would you say, we'll we'll take it to the sunshine?
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, weird way to put it.
Speaker 1: But it's chilling, isn't it? Every time I hear that line, it's chilling.
Speaker 2: This morning, just about an hour ago, Matt Gates announced that he was taking his name out of consideration to be the next Attorney General. Today, JD. Vance is there with the lobbying senators to approve Pete Hegseth as the next Secretary of Defense.
Speaker 4: Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump, of course, has told advisers that he is standing by heg Seth after an allegation that he's sexually assaulted a woman from twenty seventeen, and a newer police report that's been making its rounds provided some details about that encounter. Heg Seth insisted it was consensual. No charges criminal charges wherever filed against him. Nearly half of Mayor Bass's one point three billion dollar homelessness budget has not been spent. I don't know if that's good news or bad news. And analysis by the city Controller Kenneth may He found that about six hundred million had been spent, another two hundred million was encumbered, and that leaves about a half a billion, five hundred and thirteen million specifically unspent. We'll talk more about that a little bit later in the show.
Speaker 1: We told you yesterday about the group of vigilante teens who were able to lure a pervert by all accounts, to a park where he was arrested for sending nude type things to an underage girls.
Speaker 4: Nude was that nude type thing?
Speaker 1: I just don't know what kind of nudes we're talking about if his taste ools or is it other people's nudes?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Was it a forearm or was it an ankle or was it a foot? I don't know a lot of options. Okay, forty six year old man from Riverside County was ambushed by this group of teenagers. Oh, because he provided a girl with nude photo photos of himself.
Speaker 4: Ah, thanks for the specific So also.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, okay, all right, whatever, Why would a girl want nude photos of your forty six year old ass? Whoa watch your step here, lady. I mean because I saw his mugshot. This is not someone in shape. Okay, that's not a summer body. Tried to arrange a sexual encounter with the girl as well. They say today he's not facing charges. The prosecutors say they will not be filing charges against the guy's name is William vanden Bush sent the case back to the Sheriff's department for further investigation. It just means they don't have enough right now. It doesn't mean nothing is going to happen. It's just we need more evidence to prosecute.
Speaker 2: Probably. Yeah, and by the way, I know this is going to surprise you. But twenty juveniles may not have the same what's the word attention to detail when it comes to crossing their t's and dotting their eyes. For a criminal prosecution set of evidence, right.
Speaker 1: You have to prove the chain of custody with those nudes. You have to prove it came from him. You got to prove that.
Speaker 3: All of that stuff needs to be done.
Speaker 1: It's not just you can go to the prosecutor's office and say, hey, these kids say they sent Gina over there the picture of a penis, and then you that's enough to prosecute.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 4: Many of the teenagers.
Speaker 2: When when the deputies did show up at that park by the way, many of the teenagers had their cell phones out.
Speaker 4: They were recording the whole thing.
Speaker 2: And the deputies did detain him, but they waited for detectives to get there to make the full determination about what was going to happen.
Speaker 1: I get the kids wanting to make a situation out of this, and there's even a gosh a feeling of success and accomplishment with luring him there and taping it, videoing it and all of that. But you know what's more effective, kids, If you're listening, and you want to control and contain and convict the pervs. Call your local police agency, ask for a detective and say this is what's going on, so that they can catch them red handed and have the evidence needed to prosecute. Yeah, because this is not But that doesn't look as cool on YouTube.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: And but when you think about the Great to Catch a Predator series that was on when Scott Hansen was doing it, they didn't do it with an NBC News crew. They did it with an NBC News crew backed up by the local law enforcement agents, usually a couple dozen of them.
Speaker 4: Because of the you don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: You don't know who these people are.
Speaker 2: If these people are willing to bring you know, no Panda Express in a box of condoms or something like that, that was a.
Speaker 1: Lot cleaner than I thought where you were going to go. I saw your saw and it was bad, and then you've sweitch you edited it. Yeah, you were going to say something else.
Speaker 2: But if they're willing to go to a stranger's house to have some sort of relationship whatever they think they were doing with a twelve year old boy or a fourteen year old girl or whatever, They're going to go pretty far to hide that, right, So.
Speaker 4: I mean just the potential for danger.
Speaker 1: You were going to say the things that Matt Gates is said to have smelled like.
Speaker 3: Weren't you No? Oh, you went further than that.
Speaker 4: It was bad. Wow.
Speaker 3: I could tell that you were up to no good inside your brain?
Speaker 4: Why it stays there?
Speaker 3: Wow? You are a dark man.
Speaker 4: Stop it, you are very dark. I have a sad death to tell you about.
Speaker 3: You are such the angel of death.
Speaker 4: But the important thing.
Speaker 3: That guy James Bond, No, the guitar player.
Speaker 2: That came up with that lick from the James Bond themes.
Speaker 4: Wow, his name was.
Speaker 2: Vic Flick, pretty prolific session guitarist. He played that guitar riff on the theme. He died a couple of days ago at a nursing home here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: So Sean Connery is still with us?
Speaker 4: No? No, is he? I don't think he is.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: He is my favorite.
Speaker 2: Vic Flick was eighty seven years old. He had Alzheimer's Oh.
Speaker 3: Man dead, Sean Connery dead.
Speaker 4: Well, that's not breaking news.
Speaker 3: No, it happened in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: To you, it might be breaking news. There was a lot that went on that year.
Speaker 1: It was October of twenty twenty. Yeah, we were dealing with things.
Speaker 2: Flick was an in demand session musician for a long time. He worked with singing like Shirley Bassey, Patula Clark, Engelbert Humperdink, Cliff Richard, Dusty Springfield. He worked with a George Martin who was a producer for the Beatles. In fact, he played did Vic Flick on Tom Jones's early hits, including It's not Unusual you.
Speaker 3: Know, I don't get the Tom Jones thing.
Speaker 2: He even helped Jimmy Page read music, taught him how to read music well, just before Page left to join the Yardbirds and start led Zeppelin.
Speaker 1: Tom Jones, the one who's like the heartthrob guy, right, darn Tutin.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: You don't get why in the day, back in the day, late sixties, Tom Jones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at pictures of that and it's not for me.
Speaker 4: The voice, the showmanship, all that stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. I'm just the hair and the chest hair.
Speaker 2: Again, you're thinking of him in the wrong terms. I think you're looking at him through the wrong lens.
Speaker 1: I'm going to watch a video of Tom Jones during the break, and I.
Speaker 2: Will Thursday night football tonight Pittsburgh eight and two at Cleveland two and eight.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, trap game?
Speaker 1: Okay, April twenty first, nineteen sixty eight. That's what I'm going to look at. What's a trap game?
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh at Cleveland. Yeah, there's no reason Pittsburgh should lose that game. Those are the ones you watch out for.
Speaker 3: That, that's right.
Speaker 1: But Mike Tomlin doesn't have trap games. He looks at a trap game and he punches it in the face.
Speaker 4: I hope so boom.
Speaker 1: Matt Gates withdrawing his nomination for Attorney General in Trump's cabinet.
Speaker 3: He is accused of having.
Speaker 1: Sex with a minor in the past, and there were a lot of reservations about the nomination, delivered exactly to his face yesterday in closed door meetings with Senate Republicans. So the results of the House Ethics Committee investigation will not be released. He stepped on from his seat last week. There will be a special election if he wants to run for his seat again. Who knows what would happened to that report. And there's also the possibility that Ron de Santas could appoint Matt Gates to take over from Marco Robio, who Trump has tapped for Secretary of State.
Speaker 2: The Illinois Supreme Court has reversed the conviction of actor Jusse Smolette. He took his case to the Illinois Supreme Court in September in this effort to have his conviction overturn, and they ruled today that the deal with Cook County prosecutors back when they originally dropped the case against him a case against him had to be honored. At the time, the state's attorney struck a deal with the actor requiring him to forfeit the ten thousand dollars bond to fifteen hours of community service, which he did. He actually did eighteen hours apparently, but that he should not have been subjected to a second prosecution. It's the second prosecution when he was convicted of the felony disorderly conduct and sent to jail. I think he was sentenced if I saw it correctly today he was sent to one hundred and fifty days in jail and served six That's all he ever served.
Speaker 4: Was the six days in jail.
Speaker 2: And again, it's not that the Illinois Supreme Court ruled on the evidence of the case.
Speaker 4: They ruled on the prosecution style of the case.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to say we mentioned that jd Vance was with Matt Gates yesterday trying to calm all the concerns of those Republican senators and closed door meetings.
Speaker 3: Jd Vance is going for round two today.
Speaker 1: He's having those same meetings with Pete haig Seth, who we talked about earlier. The allegations that he assaulted a woman in Monterey a handful of years ago.
Speaker 4: Earthquake.
Speaker 2: By the way, earthquakes where Connecticut, oh two point three.
Speaker 3: That's nothing. Why would you even mention that?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, So the only reason I mentioned it is because we probably have a fifty a few dozen throughout the state of California every day that measure about a two point three, But in Connecticut it's unusual.
Speaker 4: Yes, so it gets a little headline.
Speaker 2: Well, about half of Mayor Karen Bass's one point three billion dollar homelessness budget for the fiscal year of twenty three twenty four was never spent.
Speaker 1: Of course, it wasn't because they can't agree on how to spend it. They don't know how to spend it. There are too many cooks in the freaking kitchen.
Speaker 4: So if you can't if even.
Speaker 1: Governments bloated and they get nothing done, period, I just.
Speaker 2: I just get so frustrated at this being a specific issue. It's a perfect example of we keep doing the same dumb things over and over again and then expect some sort of different result.
Speaker 1: How many times have I said, as my mother would say, I sound like a broken record.
Speaker 3: The money is not the problem. The money is there.
Speaker 1: The money for homelessness and to eat away at homelessness is there.
Speaker 3: They just don't know how to spend it.
Speaker 1: When they come to us every election cycle with new bond measures for homelessness and eradicating homelessness, I.
Speaker 3: Say no to everything.
Speaker 1: Because the money is there, they're just not directing it where it needs to be directed to because they don't have a stomach for it. Nobody has a stomach for actually treating addiction, and that's what it has to be. Letting people shoot up and do drugs and open air drug markets because of oh it would be wrong to criminalize them is doing them no favors. And if you're not treating the addictions, if you're just putting a heroin addict or whatever they're into into housing for free. That doesn't solve their problems. So just doing their problems in a new location.
Speaker 2: All you did was put a you put a heroin addict in a room, right, You didn't change anything about their life, their lifestyles or needles.
Speaker 3: Are you're going to get them to stop?
Speaker 4: So my question, I.
Speaker 2: Think when I was reading through this earlier today, is what's what's better? I mean, the city has enough money to put up some massive programs for homelessness. One point three billion dollars is massive, and that's just the City of Los Angeles, not the county. So what would be better for the city controller to find out that we've spent half of it and made zero impact, or that we spent all of it and made zero impact. I mean, the numbers of people that get helped by these things. And I don't even necessarily blame Karen Bass for this lack of change in the process here because it's so overwhelming. There's not one person obviously that's going to be able to solve this problem. But this doesn't necessarily mean it's no It means that government is broken. It doesn't necessarily mean that the process that they're trying to undertake is broken. But it would be even worse if they spent all of their one point three billion dollars and had so little to show for.
Speaker 3: That is true. Way to shine up that piece of excrements.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, China, the corny turret is one of the things I do. Well.
Speaker 1: I still need to hear about what you thought the pet of the pervert was bringing to the party.
Speaker 3: I forgot to ask you about that.
Speaker 4: What do you mean what he was bringing to the party. Oh, I'm still in my in my to catch a predator scenario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I it's probably not a great idea to say it.
Speaker 3: I'm very sure.
Speaker 4: Do you want me to traw your picture?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's pictures. I love a multimedia presentation.
Speaker 4: Well, I would say this it was a whole.
Speaker 3: Does it go in there?
Speaker 4: What like justin no? No, no, no, And then.
Speaker 3: So far you've just drawn a picture of a box.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what that's the Yeah, well that's what I okay, yeah, but I'm not care of it, right, yeah, the whole case of it, I got it right, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember what that guy said, Matt Gate smelled.
Speaker 4: Like vaguely Oh oh yes.
Speaker 3: That's what. Yes, Yeah, so I did nail it. I do know how dark you are.
Speaker 4: It wasn't my thought.
Speaker 3: It was that guy that you were sure.
Speaker 2: Ben dominic Oh, who, by the way, is married, I believe to Megan McCain, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: That true story. Where is my good football story? You promised?
Speaker 2: Well, I have it over here. As long as you don't read your version, I'm not reading it. I'll gladly share it with you.
Speaker 4: When we come back. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Hey, a reminder that the fourteenth annual KFI Pastathon is here. Chef Bruno's charity, Caterina's Club provides more than twenty five thousand meals every week to kids in need here in Southern California, and it is all because of your generosity.
Speaker 1: So there's three ways to donate. Number One, you can donate right now at KFI AM six forty dot com slash Pastathon, and you can shop at any Smart and Final store donate any amount at checkout. Also, go into any Wendy's restaurant in Southern California donate five bucks or more and get a coupon book for Wendy's goodies Chomp Chump Chomp.
Speaker 4: By the way.
Speaker 2: We have a few live events that we're doing this Friday. Conway Tomorrow is going to be broadcasting live at the brand new Wendy's in Mission Viejo on Alisha Parkway. You go on by, say hi, donate five bucks or more in store, get a coupon book. On Saturday, Neil is going to be broadcasting live the Smart and Final in Lake Forest on Altoro Road. Hit some Thanksgiving shopping done, say hi to Neil, and then our all day live broadcast for this year's Pastathon is going to be on Giving Tuesday. We'll be at the Anaheim White House Restaurant in Anaheim twelve three, that is December third. We'll be out there all day starting from Amy King and wake up call from five o'clock through the morning show on our show and John and Tim and Moe and everybody. You can donate on site and drop off pasta and sauce donations as well. On that day again, Giving Tuesday, which is December third, former producer Nick found at like a Goodwill or Salvation Army for thirty six dollars or thirty five dollars and it was a Tuesday that he bought it. So it was half off and he bought a pulpit from a Korean church for seventeen dollars. Understood us now, And I'd never been in the pulpit of a church before, so I didn't know those things had drawers and like hidden like.
Speaker 4: Doors and everything.
Speaker 3: The priests are on the sauce too.
Speaker 2: So we just put anytime people would give us. Why did we bottle like liquor?
Speaker 4: I don't think we It's not that we.
Speaker 3: Had a mass. Yes we did. We amassed.
Speaker 1: There was like twelve bottles of liquor in there. Lot of them were full. We were just talking off the air about I was like, because we were listening to something we used to play on the show, and I'm like, God, I don't even have no memory of that. We've been doing the show so long. There's stuff we don't even remember. I said, it doesn't feel like it's been that many years, and.
Speaker 3: Gary says, well, there's three or four years there where we were drunk a lot. This is the I'm going seven and not document the quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: And when we say Larry that means Larry go pool. Somebody up Larry.
Speaker 3: Dot a dot California at but.
Speaker 4: Everybody's touchy touchy, touchy, feel on his assy, assy with him, cannot win with him, cannot coach with him, can't do it. I want winners, California. And that's singletary, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was when Vernon Davis made him mad and waked him out of the game.
Speaker 2: Apparently we're talking about hard knocks a lot, and that's to the point where we did that.
Speaker 4: Put that whole thing together.
Speaker 1: I love it. I forgot about that Larry quote. That's a great one.
Speaker 3: And when we say Larry, that means go somebody up, Larry. Larry love it.
Speaker 4: And when we say Larry, that means Larry, go pool somebody up, Larry.
Speaker 3: That's so good.
Speaker 4: Why can't Greg Williams be our motivational speaker.
Speaker 1: I've tried to make that connection, but I think I scared the.
Speaker 3: Hell out of him.
Speaker 4: He leaves teams to get away from you. Yeah, that's what I understand.
Speaker 2: So let me introduce you to Toby Astrup. Okay, Toby Hastrup has offers from two dozen colleges to play football. For you to get two dozen scholarship offers from Division I schools means what you're pretty good, You're really good? Yeah, really really good. August thirtieth of twenty twenty four was Toby Hashtrup's first football game ever. Oh, he's seventeen years old. He has never played football before August thirtieth of this.
Speaker 1: Year, and in the ensuing weeks and months, he's gotten all these offers.
Speaker 2: So yes, so Toby Hastrob, seventeen year old kid six ' four two thirty five runs about ten point seven second one.
Speaker 4: Hundred meter dash.
Speaker 2: He had never lined up in a defensive stance before August thirtieth. He wasn't sure what it meant to jump off sides. He had no idea what a tackle for loss even meant. He didn't know what a first down was compared to a fourth down. Punting meant something completely different than.
Speaker 3: Him raw talent. At this point, he.
Speaker 2: Was working out with the Maydy Creek High School football team in Houston after spending the first seventeen years.
Speaker 4: Of his life in England. Oh, the English kid.
Speaker 3: He didn't play rugby or anything.
Speaker 2: His defensive line coach, also happens to be the assistant track coach, said you should you should try football. I guess he ran track in the spring, but said you should try football. You're a big enough kid, and he said he would try it because at least, hey, I graduate high school.
Speaker 4: I tried a little bit of everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he plays his first ever football game August thirtieth, first ever football game.
Speaker 4: He finishes with five sacks.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh, and three off side penalties because again, he doesn't know exactly how to play. Within a week, more than a dozen FBS schools think of Ole, miss LSU, Tennessee, Texas, A, and M. They had all reached out with scholarship offers. Three months later, he's up to twenty four offers and is said to be one of the most coveted and uncommitted class of twenty five prospects leading up to the early signing period next month.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: They refer to him as the accidental Superstar.
Speaker 3: What is his last name?
Speaker 2: Hastrup haa Strup Strup. He has official visits scheduled to Boston College, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Florida State, Texas Tech, and was just out here in southern California go check out USC.
Speaker 4: Two more stops on his.
Speaker 2: Trek before he becomes He's going to Michigan this week in Oregon.
Speaker 3: That is a grown ass man, is what that is?
Speaker 2: Which is probably why the track coach was like, hey, you should go try to beat up on those little kids.
Speaker 3: Kind of looks.
Speaker 1: I mean, those arms, that's kind of reminiscent of Khalil Mack. The way his mother will tell you that he arrived. He arrived with muscles. Yeah, as a baby.
Speaker 2: I mean, you talk about being born on third base, just genetically right. He moved to Sacramento. Originally, he was born in England, spent the first nine years of his life in southeastern London. There is no such thing as American football there. I mean, obviously there are games that are played there, but if you're a kid growing up there, it's kind of hard to get into American football like that. So he goes to California. A short time later relocates to Houston, where Toby starts to come into his own. He's the youngest of three kids, apparently. Mike arag Bonlow hired as the high school's head coach in May after a stint as the quarterbacks coach at another high school in Texas, considered one of their powerhouse schools, and Texas has plenty of powerhouse schools when it comes to football. A few of his new assistant coaches wasted little time in filling him in on their priority number one, which is if I could get this kid to come out that looks so great. He's a great athlete, And he said, I started talking to him, convinced him that American football is the way to go, he said. They hit it off quickly. They bonded over their ancestry. Both have family that comes from Nigeria, and they said that there was an innocence. There was an innocence that Toby had that really made him like the kid more than anything.
Speaker 4: Oh cool, he was willing to learn.
Speaker 2: He had no problem acknowledging what he didn't know, a lot of questions like what's the first step?
Speaker 4: What is the down marker?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just what's the difference between a defensive vent and an outside linebacker? But he said he was just an excellent question soaking all of that stuff in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something about a kid who's willing to ask questions and be vulnerable about what they don't know that's very appealing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, do you want your Jeopardy question?
Speaker 4: Well, one more thing.
Speaker 2: The coach that loves this kid said he's getting all kinds of questions from college coaches but not questions about can he play or is he good? Or does he have a future. The question, he said he most commonly gets is is he six three or six four?
Speaker 4: Why? I don't know? And he's because and the head coach is like, why does that matter?
Speaker 2: Right, he's blowing the doors off of everybody in Texas football, which is something.
Speaker 4: To be said.
Speaker 5: Wild.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's your question.
Speaker 1: Okay, the sixteenth century for four hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh it's not working. Why it hasn't been on the whole day?
Speaker 4: Relax? Was it like my WiFi? My WiFi is out?
Speaker 3: Relax, Calm down, don't be hysterical.
Speaker 4: You nailed it.
Speaker 3: Neither this Portuguese.
Speaker 1: Explorer nor his flagship, the Trinidad, completed his circumnavigation of the globe.
Speaker 3: Who's Marco Polo? Spanish?
Speaker 4: I know, not Portuguese America Vespucci. He's Italian?
Speaker 1: I yes, okay, I actually didn't know that. He did not complete that trip. See, you got to go back to your geography classes. They found Marco Polo was from Venice, not Spain, Italy, No California.
Speaker 4: That would be quite an adventure, isn't it.
Speaker 2: He started his life in California sales under the Spanish king.
Speaker 1: Why do we play Marco Polo in the pool?
Speaker 2: I haven't played Marco Polo in the pool for a good six months.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know why we Why we play that game? And we say Marco Polo. It is said that Marco Polo is something racist. No, what's the matter with you? That's your other games you play?
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 3: It is said that.
Speaker 1: Marco Polo once became lost in the desert while traveling through China with his family, and he thought he heard voices calling his first name.
Speaker 3: Wild that that story would evolve.
Speaker 1: Into suburban kids playing a pool game in America.
Speaker 4: But everybody's touchy, touchy, touchy feel on his assy assy assy, so good, so good.
Speaker 3: What a genius of a man.
Speaker 2: A lot of breaking news coming out of Washington, DC. We'll get to that next and when he starts one.
Speaker 3: The bounty thing, be damned.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio Lap