Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey or Dodger talker.
Speaker 2: Hey Tanner last night, big milestone in your career, five hundredth career strikeout against your former team, the Marlins.
Speaker 3: How where were you that you were getting close to that number? Didn't even know.
Speaker 4: I don't pay attention to it. I saw from my wife.
Speaker 1: My wife let me know, and I was like, didn't know that, but oh, well, on to the next one.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, I guess, like when you get that baseball after the game, though, to know it came kind of full circle pitching against the team where you really blossom blossom?
Speaker 3: Did it mean a little bit more? I didn't get the ball. You didn't get the baseball.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't know. I didn't know I had any any meeting behind it.
Speaker 1: And my wife was like, did you get the ball? It's like I didn't even know about it. So, I mean, hopefully we got it somewhere, but if not, okay.
Speaker 2: Can you take us through like what really clicked for you with the Marlins to make you this guy that's as respected as you are as far as closing games.
Speaker 1: When I got there, I started working hard with Melsotomeyer Junior and Wellington Cepada, and then just when we had Skip Schumacher. I mean he was confident in me, and I trusted my stuff. And confidence has a lot to do with baseball. I mean, if you're confident out there, just move on to the next pitch, and you're always ready, ready, ready to go, and ready, ready for war.
Speaker 2: And it seems like this year you're throwing more strikes than you ever have before. Where have the Dodgers taken you?
Speaker 1: I mean, there's there's so many resources here, It's it's incredible. I Mean I go back there and I talked to Connor Mark Barto, and I just I just look at what I was doing right what I need to fix, because I mean every day I want to I want to be better than I was yesterday.
Speaker 3: But what is it about you throwing more strikes this year?
Speaker 4: I got no clue. I just I'm just trying to attack the That's what I was trying to go around the question.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, just going out there and just trying to get people out and three pitches or.
Speaker 2: Less, where do you feel like your fastball's at? Where do you feel like your slider's at?
Speaker 3: At this point in the.
Speaker 2: Season, answered, Uh, I was talking to Elvis Andrews in Texas.
Speaker 3: He said, he faced you back in the day.
Speaker 1: Elvis Andrews. I think I was with it goes with Baltimore at the time. That's when it was just mainly fastball. Those times were a lot of strikes, a lot of balls. It was going everywhere. But uh no, I mean I feel like they're both at a good place and uh yeah, I'm just gonna keep rolling with it.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you kind of ease into the season or as a closer? Is there anything that you can even come close to even thinking that way?
Speaker 4: Oh? No, I mean, I mean baseball is hard.
Speaker 1: I mean it's I think it's the hardest sport there is and I mean you gotta go out there and some days you're on, some days you're off, and when you're off you have to figure it out. I mean, your team's teams are relying on you and you're trying to get out and I mean, ultimately, you just you just want to win every day, and I mean that's our goal. We try to win every day and just move on to the next. So, I mean, did it start slow, Yeah, But I mean.
Speaker 3: That's whatever. Yeah, I hear. You just keep going a specially in your position.
Speaker 2: How do you make those mechanical adjustments when you're being called upon on a nightly basis in the highest of leverage positions?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean we have so many resources with Connor, and I'm just going there and look at all all the numbers and see where I'm at, see where my release sight is, see.
Speaker 3: Where everything is.
Speaker 4: And I'm a guy that I need visuals before like reading the numbers.
Speaker 1: Like if he'll show me the visuals and I like look at it and then I'll try to go correct it that day.
Speaker 3: And catch what tenn Or.
Speaker 2: Scott's got his best buddy with him, Evan Phillips. It was just you might hate him more now because you guys are around each other a lot more down there in the bullpen. You guys have been good friends. What's it like finally to be together in that bullpen.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's good. I mean, it's it's like old times back in back in Baltimore from eighteen nineteen all the way up. I mean, we're close in the offseason. It's good to have him down there.
Speaker 4: It's a friendly face coming to a new place, and it's awesome.
Speaker 2: How much is it at this point in time, time of the season, does a bullpen start to come together as its own group.
Speaker 4: It's a small family's oide of a big family.
Speaker 1: So I mean it starts, it starts as very training and then day one it's it's it's we're locked and loaded, ready to go.
Speaker 2: It feels like everybody has their own different role as a personality. You know, who's the guy that cracks the jokes to keep things.
Speaker 1: Like Kirby Definitely Kirby ates the guy's a character.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, maybe two or three years ago, they used to keep tallies on home run predictions for your own team.
Speaker 3: Did they still do anything similar to that? Down there?
Speaker 1: It seems like a personal question. So, uh, maybe maybe there is, maybe there's not. Maybe I'm on the board a couple.
Speaker 4: Of times, but maybe I'm not. Okay, hell, but so I'm gonna leave the answer.
Speaker 2: But Tanner Scott's a man of mystery. Why don't you show America that beautiful bald head of yours? Tony Gonsolin showed his yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tony is Tony's like a half bald person like he doesn't fully commit on shaving every other day.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're gonna be bald, you got the it every other day. It's gotta be a nice shine.
Speaker 3: Show us how it looks.
Speaker 4: Can't do that, I mean just just zooming on owl. Al's got a beautiful bald head. I'm like, how do I get that? I want that?
Speaker 2: You are truly a man of mystery. Won't show the head without the hat. You won't tell us what's going on in the bullpen?
Speaker 3: Pooled back there?
Speaker 4: All right, I'll bolt, I'll show my bald head when you shave yours.
Speaker 3: All right, deal, let's do it perfect.
Speaker 4: So that's never gonna happen exactly.
Speaker 3: I need to keep as much as I got tannered. Dang it.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot for the time, and Lad, you're on the Dodgers side now, so is Otani.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to be his team and I don't want to have to face him.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for the time, No problem, Thank you,