Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. This segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. I was hanging out there yesterday. We'll talk more about that in a minute, but man, I'm just it's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up in Salina. We have so many great things coming up this summer and coming up in the fall we're excited about. But I want to give a shout out to places that carry our beer. Restaurants and bars. For example, we have a beer called the big German. It's a delicious coulsh named after Dirt Novitski because it's got minimal hops in a smooth finish. And when you're out and about, you can get the big German at all the truck yards, for example, the one in Dallas, the one in the Colony, the one out west.
Speaker 2: I mean they all carry it.
Speaker 1: What about Thirsty Lions, Yes, Thirsty Lions carry the big German. And now we're at the all new gas Monkey in Grand Scape. Yeah, howl's about that just open. I have not been to gas Monkey yet. I'm going to get out there very soon.
Speaker 2: We should be.
Speaker 1: Doing something with gas Monkey on the Eagles, shouldn't we I mean that's a perfect fit.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But they're carrying the big German as well, So if you go to any of those venues, get you a delicious big German. Thank you for supporting roller Town Beer Works. But right now it's time for this kill.
Speaker 2: This thing's big.
Speaker 3: It was a wild five days for the show, starting with Ben Rogers, who's taking a well deserved vacation to Mexico Turks and Caicos.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, is that Mexico? No, Okay, he's going to tur and Cao.
Speaker 4: I thought Mexico two for a while.
Speaker 1: He's going somewhere weird and now it's failed travel agent kt or whatever. He's doing Turks and Caicos. So, uh, Turk and Kekos is badass cool. He he like won some auction for it at a charity thing. Yep, point is he earned it.
Speaker 3: He went and met Tom Cruise, hung out with him for uh, you know, for a little while on Thursday, and.
Speaker 2: This is the time year to go to Turks by the way, right, gets real hot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then, in fact, I went up to Talk Talk Thursday night and stayed and then got in the pool and got hammered Friday morning.
Speaker 2: It was a really good plan. I took a good plan.
Speaker 1: I took pictures of Kti in the pool, yeah, yeah, from my from my room. Yeah, for your personal collection, yeah, to my people.
Speaker 2: Put them in your bank. Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 3: And did the show Friday, and then we had a wonderful dinner at eighteen thirty two.
Speaker 2: That place is awesome, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It was amazing you first time there, Yes, okay. And the steak I got. So you have these options to put like toppings on the yeah. And so my boyfriend Mike s Roy loves aju soup or whatever it is. What is it with French onion. I'm sorry, it's French onion. French onion soup is away.
Speaker 2: He's what he loves.
Speaker 5: And he saw that as an option. He's like, wait, wait, so you can like put this on top of the steak. And the way you're just said, yes, we can do that. And it was so damn good.
Speaker 2: I loved the broth and French onion soup.
Speaker 1: I don't like the soggy bread in it, really yeah, I'm not down with the soggy bread, but the broth.
Speaker 4: Of it and on top of a steak was even better.
Speaker 3: Oh, I bet wonderful dinner. Then we all walk over to the Grand Theater and saw the Black Keys rock ass for ninety minutes.
Speaker 2: I have never been there. I know you've been there. KT Is that the first time you had gone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What a badass place to see a show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we had great seats seat.
Speaker 3: It's the best place to for you gotta go take a whizz real quick, or you gotta get up and get a drink. It's so easy to get where you need to go. And I really love that because a lot of places do not make it easy. No, you walk a long ass ways away from the show you're seeing. That's a great point. And also because of the way the venue is set up, you can hear the song that you're like choosing to go to the bathroom during all the way until you get to the bathroom, and then you come out you hear it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was a great point. I did not think about that. But they may get super easy if you did not miss much when you got to take a whiz.
Speaker 3: We've all seen the Black Keys, but I did not realize that was like a top ten band for Christina.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, I was telling Ben they're actually number like top three for me, so Zeppelin number one, Jack White anything, any of the bands, Heason number two and Black Keys. But I just I haven't listened to them in a while, and their last album, I actually didn't realize I know a lot more than I thought. Yeah, because I was listening to them the whole way up there to chalk talk because that's what I do before a concert. I'm like, let me get pumped, you know. Just refreshed my memory on some of these songs. And I love their older stuff, like when we were going through the garage rock sound and that's my favorite sound ever. And I wasn't expecting them to play any of that. I was really listening to that last album trying to get used to that. They played all old stuff and I just kept freaking out because I don't look at setless. And this is why, because I was so happy and so surprised, and I kept looking at Mike. I'm like, all right, I'll sit down now, and as soon as they would start for the next song, I'm like, nope, I'm getting back up because I can't believe they're playing like psychonic Girl. Oh my god, they played Psychotic Girl. For the first time, and I think they said, what seventeen years. Yeah, it was my favorite show ever.
Speaker 3: Really, well, that's all rocks too, because she was like, did you look at set lest I was like, this is the first show of the tour, so there dice what's gonna happen tonight?
Speaker 2: And it was wonderful. I like the Black Keys. I don't love the Black Keys, but I like them.
Speaker 1: And one of the things that my wife said, she doesn't really pay attention to them, but she said, this is a great concert because you don't really have to know any of their songs. Who'd like all this, her point being, you know, it was her way of saying, they have a sound. It's a very they do what they do, you know, it's I'm not saying it's paint by numbers, but they do what they do and they've mastered what they do and it's just very you know, easy to dig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. And so I thought it was a great show. I thought it was.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was the state I was in, or the seats or at the greatness of the venue, but I thought it was significantly better than the time I saw them in Fort Worth.
Speaker 2: It was wonderful. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then Sunday BFD all day long we had a blast. I don't even know what to say. There's a ton of people there, Mada tunnel listeners, old and new. You know, did you han't seen before?
Speaker 1: Can we say something before we get to BFD it, please? Yes, we should acknowledge that Ben went on heater and won four hundred dollars on a blackjack table.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's a story we have to save until Ben is back. Okay, that's there's a black jack tail that I was crying at the time, and we have.
Speaker 2: To discuss it. But I think we have to wait till the big man's back. Yeah, I think that's fair. That's fair. Well, we will couch that for later. If you were there, you know, though, you know BFD though good gun. Do you guys have fun?
Speaker 4: I mean I mentioned it earlier.
Speaker 5: It just flew by because we were having so much fun, and not only so.
Speaker 4: The bands were cool too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, like we had interviews we were doing in between sets, and I remember I had to interview one band and then Stabbing Westward was like right there, and so we were supposed to interview them like right next to where they were hanging out, and so the guy came out and he's like, oh man, I'll go tell my guys just to go eat something so you guys can have some quiet.
Speaker 4: Like I was just like, that's just really nice.
Speaker 2: You do thinks of other people anymore, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: So I thought that was awesome.
Speaker 5: And then, like you said, we walked out like for five seconds out of the VIP and people just kept coming up wanting to take pictures and stuff, and it.
Speaker 2: Was just really cool.
Speaker 1: That was my favorite part was the crowd. I thought the crowd was great. Yeah, tons of Eagle listeners there. Thank you for those of you listening that came out, and I felt like everybody had a great time.
Speaker 2: And you know, early in the day it's hot.
Speaker 1: But we went out there and we threw it stabbing westward and that was probably about three thirty or so, and I thought there was a pretty decent crowd for being that early in the day, for no doubt.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was impressed.
Speaker 1: But then by the time we went out there at the very end before Chavelle.
Speaker 3: Well Pod two, I mean, oh yeah, before Pod because Pod was like in the six pm hour probably, and we were kind of shooting the shooting the bowl with them before they went on. They were cool to talk to us before we and that's when I was like, Okay, now it's packed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it kind of went up a level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I was impressed with the crowd. I was impressed with the event. Again, we were talking about this earlier. All the nice people at iHeart that worked their ass off for that. I mean there was we just kind of show up and drink and hobnob like it's easy on us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, the promo people put in so much work. But it was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Loved it.
Speaker 1: The bands were great, the vibes were great, and I'm happy that those of you that went got to go because it was an awesome event. How did y'all recover yesterday? Well, the first of all, how did I recover that night? It was a very nice shower that night.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's the best shower.
Speaker 2: It was so good, the.
Speaker 5: Best shower ever. And then I had so much adrenaline still going. I kind of stayed up because I knew I could sleep in the next thing too.
Speaker 3: Thankfully, I thought I stayed up late Sunday night we should have, and I did nothing yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I went and drank yesterday at Rollertown Beer Works, and then I got home later than I thought, and I kept drinking and I kept drinking, and I was thinking, Man, I know, it's a Monday, and we didn't work, and I don't know, it still kind of feels like a weekend. So I treated it like it was a weekend, like I didn't treat it like I had to get up and go to work today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, I did the same.
Speaker 1: I was drinking at two thirty last night, listening to music.
Speaker 2: A yeah, I didn't even turn the music off until three am. How do you how do you not get full? How do you want more? I don't know. I don't know. I just I was.
Speaker 1: I just felt like I was on such a heater from the whole weekend, from the Chalk Taw experience. Saturday night, we celebrated my birthday because my birthday was during BFD, and so I went with my family.
Speaker 2: So we went out to dinner.
Speaker 1: Saturday night, and then Sunday I had BFD, and then yesterday I just drank all day.
Speaker 2: Well let's keep it going. Watch the stars right now?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, we're gonna leave, We're gonna drink and go watch the stars. I'll never forget the time that KT looked Tyler Sagan dead in his eyes and he said.
Speaker 3: Just letting you know. Starting tomorrow, I start coming into work with the mindset of a champion, and that's what.
Speaker 1: Will get you the Stanley Cup. Christine's gonna stick around and play music right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: There you going well, I'm gonna get my sack back, dude,