Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Wild four nine, the base number one hit music station, The JV Show. I'm Selena Room and I'm Jess. Cheaty is not in today because she's air quotes sick.
Speaker 1: Oh she is. She did Nick Summer Good yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she actually is sick. Part of me wonders if conveniently she is too sick for work today so we wouldn't get an update on tech Bay. Oh, if you missed yesterday's show. We kind of forced her to send a message to her crush on Instagram, but then she deleted the app.
Speaker 1: That's right, Sah.
Speaker 2: I do wonder if it has to do with that, but I don't know. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if she shows up first talk back of the day. Let's get to it.
Speaker 3: Did you see the Billboard gave post Malone the Song of the Summer? I like the song. I love post Malone, But Sabrina Carpenter Chapelarone, I saw what happened at Outside Lands. I don't know if the Bay Area gave post Malone the song of the Summer. He had a great show, But I'm just saying, what do you think?
Speaker 2: What would be a song of the summer.
Speaker 1: I had some help and that was the song of the summer.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: I was about to hit play on a piece of it on off my computer, but then it says that song is explicit.
Speaker 2: Oh don't.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid that there's could be. I don't remember. Are there swear words in that song? I hear that song all the time.
Speaker 6: Probably along to it, and I don't remember saying it's good myself.
Speaker 1: I bet he says the sage word there.
Speaker 2: It's a It's a really good song, but it doesn't beat Sabrina Carpenter one thousand.
Speaker 6: I love that song and I will sing along to it every single time. But I think Sabrina Carpenter was just had.
Speaker 2: A bigger summer.
Speaker 1: She had it.
Speaker 5: She had a massive summer that. There's no denying that. Sabrina Sabrina Carpenter humongous. I mean, it's like just a huge breakout summer, right. But the song of the summer that sounds that epitomizes summer, yeah.
Speaker 2: Is Espresso.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nothing about that speaks summary vibes to me.
Speaker 2: It's nothing about that post Malone song is giving summer vibes.
Speaker 1: Have you heard it?
Speaker 5: Yes? I am Jess the song of the Summer.
Speaker 6: It's not half because I do love that song graund But when I think song of the Summer, Sabrina carpenters my mind because I think it was even more popular just.
Speaker 1: Throughout We're missing We're missing the point.
Speaker 5: Yes, more popular song, bigger hit, higher up the charts. I'm sure, Sabrina Carpenter, you get all the accolades for that. But the song of the summer. Summer is the keyword in this.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 6: So are we not even talking about chapelone at all?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No sum word this you guys, summer. What song do you want to be out at a barbecue drinking?
Speaker 2: And I think song of the Summer. You look back at your summer and what was the song that like was everywhere that played like the song that reminds you of that summer. That's not what billboards do well for me, That's how I define song of the summer. And it's still Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 5: Let the people decide what's the song of the summer.
Speaker 2: Fine, you know what, We'll do it next? How about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Thank you. The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 2: All right, So we got to talk back and it was something along the lines of can you believe Billboard named post Malone as having the song of the summer? And Graham you.
Speaker 5: Agree, yeah, and the post Malone Morgan Wallen song. I had some help, most definitely the song of the Summer. I'm in full lock step with Billboard on this one.
Speaker 2: See, I think you should go to Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 5: I look, I looked at into how Billboard created this, because I said, what is it may not necessarily be the biggest chart topping song, but it's the song that embodies summer, and that is clearly this Post Malone Morgan Wallant song. It just it's got summer written all over it.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 5: I read about this on Billboard. Now they said their Summer Songs chart, they track the charts from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, fourteen total weeks.
Speaker 1: And do you want to know what the number one song was during those fourteen weeks?
Speaker 5: Sure, number one each and every week was that song right there that we just played, hence making it the song of the summer. Now, Espresso Sabrina Carpenter number four at least.
Speaker 2: She's that time period recognition. I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 5: There were even articles earlier on when I googled this saying that Sabena Carpenter is making an early push for song of the Summer. She was right there, but then this song surpassed her. Do you guys want to guess in the other songs on that list? The number two and number three song is Chapel.
Speaker 2: Roone on there?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 6: What about Charlie xx?
Speaker 5: I think she's on the fifth in the five spot Tommy Richmond?
Speaker 6: Know what about Shaboozi?
Speaker 5: Yes, that was the second most popular song this summer, and I agree with that one. That's a very good one. And the number three is a we can't escape and we hear.
Speaker 1: It every day?
Speaker 2: Is it more Sabrina Carpenter?
Speaker 1: No, I'm shocked. You guys can't think of this one.
Speaker 5: We hear it a lot, like so much where we're like, hey, boss, there you.
Speaker 1: Go, not like us? Number three on nuts?
Speaker 2: I don't know. All right, just go to the phones. Let's do it now. Call in any four you got tickets for the Disneyland resort. Good luck. In the meantime, I'm gonna talk to my buddy, Graham here, Sure, what's up?
Speaker 1: Buddy?
Speaker 2: Came across the survey. According to baby Center, one in ten parents fella's baby Center. You've never used baby Center. I use baby Center when I was pregnant to like track your pregnancy, and it gives you weekly updates like now the baby's doing noose and this.
Speaker 1: Is just the cucumber today.
Speaker 2: I loved those anyways. According to a new survey, one in ten parents wish they had chosen a different name for their kid.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of right now, be honest with me, Graham. You got two kids. Yeah, it's got some unique names.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does any part of you regret their name?
Speaker 1: No, not at all. I love their names.
Speaker 2: I don't regret my kid's names either. When mom revealed to the site that she has major regret overnaming her daughter Cleo, she said, no offense to any Cleo was listening here. This is just this mom's opinion. She said. Every time someone calls her by her name, I can't help but cringe. I just want to cry because I don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: Oh don't you think you would know that when you were picking the name out? I mean there's a lot of uncertainty when you're picking a name and you go, I like the sound of that, but you just don't know how it's gonna fit the kid, I guess, yeah, and how you're gonna feel about it. That was the most uncertain time for me. But once I've given the name that I.
Speaker 2: Love that, I do have some regrets. Not with my kid's names, but I think back to some of the things that I wanted to name them, and I'm like, oh no, that's the only thing that I regret that. For my daughter, Callie, I really really was pushing for her name to be Kaya. Do you remember that I do, And now that I look at her, I'm like, she's not even a Kaya, Like that would have been so stupid.
Speaker 1: I still like that.
Speaker 2: I still like the name, but not for not for my my daughter. Yep.
Speaker 5: But that's only because you know her. If you introduce her to me and I've never met her before, you okay, this is Kaya.
Speaker 1: Love the name.
Speaker 2: Another reason for uh, I guess the regret is because people will make fun of their kids' names. Yeah, and that really hurts the parents, and a lot of them prefer their child's nickname to their first name. What are your kids? Uh? Oh sorry, middle names? What are your kids middle names?
Speaker 1: Quinn Cassidy which is my middle name?
Speaker 5: Easy, it's a family it's a family name. Bro my bad. And my son Ford's middle name is Matthew, which is one of his grandpa's names.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are your kids middle names?
Speaker 2: We're asking Graham.
Speaker 1: I am out there so I can rip them.
Speaker 2: So I have we have Keana Marie.
Speaker 1: What is she?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but listen, listen my mom my mom picks the middle name.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh, sorry, sorry, sorry missus.
Speaker 2: Ray Anderson Carter, Okay, I like that. It sounds really fancy, right, like a president or something. Huh. And then CALLI.
Speaker 5: Sky Oh I knew that one, yeah, because you said it was a stripper name.
Speaker 1: Well that or a nightclub name.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, the Bank's number one.
Speaker 2: Hit music station. We are the JV Show. I'm Selena. I know a lot of people are still oh sorry, sorry, sorry, go ahead of band. No.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: I thought that was the part where I say I'm Graham, but you clearly have something more important than Graham to talk about.
Speaker 2: I say, everyone's still calling for Disneyland tickets. We already found a winner, but eight twenty of another chance to win. I did not mean to set you off.
Speaker 1: No, but that is more important than me.
Speaker 2: But but you are.
Speaker 5: Based on the amount of people that are calling for Disneyland tickets. That's way more important than me. I'm Graham, and oh Jeff, I'm not so bad.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that, Graham. I don't know why I do that. Normally, when I say I'm Selena, that is your cue to say you're grown.
Speaker 1: I'm sort of programmed for that.
Speaker 2: But that's okay, take it away, all right, you guys.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about pumpkin spice, because I know it's getting.
Speaker 2: Out of hand and.
Speaker 1: Out of hand for eight years, yeah, but.
Speaker 6: Then it kind of like slows down and then it comes right back up once fall is almost here. So pumpkin spice slurpees are now a thing.
Speaker 2: Well that sounds kind of delicious, though.
Speaker 6: Really, when you think of pumpkin spicy, you think of something warm, right, But yesterday I had an iced pumpkin spice latte and it was delicious.
Speaker 2: You have a pumpkin cream cold brew and it's a cold drink.
Speaker 1: Those are the best. But I don't want it in slurpee.
Speaker 6: I do either, But these are available at seven eleven.
Speaker 2: Now if you pick one up.
Speaker 1: Queen, it is lay. Can I give an unpopular opinion?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 1: I don't really like slurpees?
Speaker 2: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: They just say it like that, What have wrong with y'all?
Speaker 5: They're just like they're good. But I'm not going out of my way to get one. Nor would I out of my way to get one that's pumpkin spice.
Speaker 2: I don't do that either.
Speaker 6: I just go on the day when they have it for free.
Speaker 2: I don't even do that.
Speaker 1: I don't even do that.
Speaker 2: If my daughter is getting one of like just get me one two, But I don't go out ofm I waited to do one, and I think I'm kind of with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, every and then every time I get one, I don't. I feel like I don't really finish it because I'm like, Okay, this is this is good.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, you kind of over it after a while.
Speaker 5: You mix a couple of the flavors together and you're like, why did I do that? I didn't need to do that. It it didn't come out better. It's just you know, it's like an overwhelming amount of sweetness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's available to out the pumpkins spice. Yes, I might have to try it, Graham, What do.
Speaker 1: You have all right?
Speaker 5: I wanted to talk about weddings, you guys, cause I saw a new survey that said one in three Americans have declined a wedding invite in the last year due to costs. It's getting really well, it's been really expensive, but people's budgets are getting squeezed because of inflation and rising costs in other areas. So a lot of people are saying they've just flat out turned down a wedding invite because they can't afford to go. They say, on average, Americans spend the following amounts to attend a wedding. Three hundred and sixty dollars just to go to a local wedding you guys, wow.
Speaker 2: Of hotel room.
Speaker 5: Maybe it could be anything from costs associated to what you're wearing, what you need to wear for the wedding, a gift that you get you can pile the you know, pile that all together. Nine hundred bucks for an out of town wedding and over one thousand over eleven hundred dollars if you're in the wedding party.
Speaker 1: I agree to that.
Speaker 5: When you're in a wedding party gets expensive because you have to rent the tucks or whatever, or if you're a bridesmaids you got to buy the dress, and then bachelor bacherette parties, there's the cost start really sky rockey. Have you guys ever turned down a wedding because of the cost, because I have turned down several.
Speaker 2: I don't get invited to many weddings. I don't know a lot of people that get married, but I didn't. But I did get invited to one. I mean, I've been your whole.
Speaker 6: Line about your wedding guest.
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna say, I have been invited to one that I didn't go to. I've been invited to more than one total, but there was one that, yeah, I didn't go to because it was in Mexico.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was why I was trying to turn down going to your wedding because it was too expensive.
Speaker 1: Then a hurricane hit it, and then I had to argue with the hotel in the airline.
Speaker 5: Did you forget your about eight months before they both finally agreed to give me my money.
Speaker 4: Back.
Speaker 1: Wow, like it was.
Speaker 5: A Category five hurricane too.
Speaker 1: Well, it was five briefly, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, you were your own hurricane.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I have turned down a couple of weddings and they were both destination weddings, and in hindsight, I wish I had gone, but at the time taking off work to be able to go to them and the costs associated with flying and hotel and everything else, I said no. And I'm to this day I kind of kicked myself that I didn't go because it you know, I had a lot of friends at them, and I feel bad I wasn't there for the couple because I was you know, close obviously close friends, but at.
Speaker 1: The time I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: It felt just so financially irresponsible to rack up credit card debt to go to a wedding.
Speaker 1: It seems silly, and be taking.
Speaker 2: Off it makes you feel any better. I kind of feel like people who do the destination weddings, they're kind of I mean, they would love to have everybody there, but they're also kind of hoping a lot of people, you know, don't they can't go, you know. That way, it's a smaller thing, and it's a lot cheaper.
Speaker 1: I get it, but I.
Speaker 2: Wanted to go.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, when you and when you look back, I say this a lot when you look back at it in your life and you're like, man, am I glad I went to work those extra couple of days instead of going on a vacation with close friends and family.
Speaker 1: I should have chosen that.
Speaker 2: I know, Jess, I.
Speaker 6: Get major fomo. So I could not, like stay home instead of going to a wedding.
Speaker 2: I just couldn'tunt every single one.
Speaker 6: I mean I haven't gone to many because I oh.
Speaker 2: Invited to like bat.
Speaker 6: That meant any friends family members got married.
Speaker 5: I kind of had to be there because that doesn't even really caret we're talking about friends.
Speaker 6: They couple of friends got married, But yeah, I was there.
Speaker 2: Are kidding me? I would be really really.
Speaker 6: Like sad if I had to stay home and saw them posting on Instagram.
Speaker 2: And everything is expensive, Okay, I get people not going. It's expensive.
Speaker 1: The destination weddings are tough.
Speaker 5: The air air travel alone is just so so expensive that in the hotel.
Speaker 2: And it'd be one thing if it was just me and you know, my partner whoever got invited. But when you have a whole family that you got to take no kids, it starts.
Speaker 5: That's probably why you're not getting invited to any weddings. Do you think she's going to bring all her kids?
Speaker 2: You know, everybody I know has kids, so right, and they're not married. They're not getting married anyway, so who cares.
Speaker 1: I had a kid free wedding for that very reason.
Speaker 2: But you also didn't have kids at the time.
Speaker 5: I didn't have kids yet, but the majority of so many of my friends and family did have kids, and they all came up and thanked us for having a kid free wedding. Now we can have fun and not have to care for their kids and chase them around the whole time.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine having my wedding with out the kids, mine or anybody else's. I just want everybody there, all the little cousins. I want everybody there. The four year old's, they ain't gonna remember your wedding. They're gonna dance.
Speaker 5: Around, going to ruin your pictures in the pictures they're gonna ruin.
Speaker 1: They're going to ruin the dance floor.
Speaker 5: And then some stressed out pirate's gonna have to chase him around the whole time when that all that parent wants to do is get drunk at the open bar.
Speaker 2: Righty while you're at it, chase mine around too.
Speaker 1: You know, this is just my opinion on it. The JV Show on Wild ninety.
Speaker 2: Four nine, well before nine, the base meumber one hit music station. I'm Selena and I'm Justly are the JV show the hottest?
Speaker 7: It's all the stuff you need to know, what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: So Kim Ka's son joined YouTube and she made him sign an extensive contract to her and Kanye's son Saint. He's now eight years old. Whoa, I don't know how, like when and how we got that old. I feel like it was just born, but I guess he was. He's been begging for a YouTube channel, so kim finally gave in, but not before making him sign this contract. So as us, your name on YouTube is the goat Saint if anyone wants to subscribe and follow him. Here's some of the contracts. That's quote. I am not allowed to comment on any hold on. Let me start that over rewind. I'm not allowed to comment any personal family information. I am not allowed to film any personal information. I am not allowed to film while my sister North is recording music. I must show my mom or guardian all videos before I post them, and I give permission to any grown up if mom says to delete my video for any reason. Do you think.
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's probably not legal binding, but I mean it's a mom enforcing document. Do you think Kanye is somewhere having like a meltdown over this. We know how he feels about his kids on social media.
Speaker 1: Oh possibly, he's probably.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine.
Speaker 5: So I feel like I haven't heard of Kanye Headlin a little while. Should we checked to see if he can be Mark safe?
Speaker 2: He's Mark Safe. I've just been avoiding them. Okay, his wife is still naked. They're still walking around.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: Thank you, You're welcome. All right. So Jamie Fox finally ready to talk about his health scare, but he's only going to do it on stage, which we knew it was going to be something like that.
Speaker 1: Do we care even now at this point?
Speaker 2: I still do. I still do, not enough to buy tickets to a show to figure it out. I'll read the headline, but I do want to know.
Speaker 1: I have a little bit of curiosity left. But at this point, how long has it been? Like two years?
Speaker 2: It's been uh, it's been a year and a half maybe. Yeah, So he was dropping hints like I'll tell it when the time is right and when it's the right place, and obviously the right place is on stage. He's now on Instagram promoting One More Chance, an Evening with Jamie Fox. It's going to be a three night set in October. He didn't say where these shows are going to be, but he said that he'll be sharing his journey through a serious health scare field with humor, hearts and inspiration.
Speaker 1: I mean that part's cool.
Speaker 5: I applaud him for that, you know, to be able to return to the stage, and he obviously went through something very very serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't think he was gonna make it.
Speaker 5: But couldn't he have just said two years ago or whatever it was, I had a stroke or I don't know if that's the thing. But couldn't he have just said that and then still done this and then gone into the details about it.
Speaker 1: I performed this show.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he wanted to because that would be like the logical thing to do. But maybe he had a team behind him like nope, we're going to make money off of this, which which now looking back at it, it seems kind of wrong, like this man almost lost his life and all you're worried about is monetizing it.
Speaker 5: If that's the main motivation for keeping this secret, then I'm upset.
Speaker 2: Right if it is, I'm not saying that it is for sure, no hypothetically if it is, but that would be it just seems wrong.
Speaker 5: But that's a one logical theory about this, right, And if that's the case, then I don't then I don't like it. If he just wasn't ready feeling ready to talk about it or didn't feel comfortable because it is his own medical information and that's personal environment, and like you said, he just wants to live his own truth. I don't know, but it just to me, it just has always seemed weird. There's no I don't think we can liken this to any other time where we had some very public figure who went through something so serious medically and we were just like, huh, no information.
Speaker 2: Even Middleton came out at some point and was like, you know, here's what happened. Yes, the fact that he's kept under wraps for so long is it looks so weird, Graham, What do you have?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 5: Right? Well, it turns out that Oakland Airport, you know, changing its name to the San Francisco Bay Oakland International Airport has indeed caused confusion amongst.
Speaker 1: Actual air travelers.
Speaker 5: This, of course, was a sefo's main objection when the name change was first proposed.
Speaker 1: Earlier this year. They're like, hey, that's it's going to be confusing for people.
Speaker 5: But Oakland Airport authorities pushed through the name change despite those objections and even some lawsuits, and they argued it would actually increase awareness because you would let travelers know.
Speaker 1: That the airport, Oakland Airport's right there on the.
Speaker 5: San Francisco Bay, so why not have San Francisco Bay in the name. Well, now SFO has come with the receipts because they have been documenting all the incidents of people showing up to SFO with their boarding passes for Oakland. Because wow, oh my god, imagine that they say, between the last couple of weeks, haven't released all this, but between in the last couple weeks, excuse me, of June, there were six different passengers recorded that showed up to SFO and tried to check in when they should have been showing up.
Speaker 1: Why did people.
Speaker 2: From here though? I would expect people from here to know the difference, as if we know the San Francisco one is named SFO.
Speaker 1: But think about the number of people this is confusion.
Speaker 5: These aren't Think about the number of people that aren't local that fly in and out of SFO and Oakland every single day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Of likely not local.
Speaker 5: That's what the That's why the SFO had the objection, you're going to confuse people from outside the area. And Oakland was like, no, no, no, people outside the area think that Oakland's far away from the bay.
Speaker 1: We need to let them know it's right there on the bay.
Speaker 2: So they have six documented incidents.
Speaker 5: Just in a two week. Just in a two week, I think it's a lot more. Now, that's a really small number, given the number, the sheer volume of people that fly through those two airports each day, that's a huge, huge number.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that number is, but it's very large.
Speaker 5: So to me, it's a really small number, but it does show that there are people actually confused. In some of the incidents, people showed up had SFO with their boarding passes for Spirit Airlines, and Spirit does not fly out of ANSFO. But there were a couple other airlines involved.
Speaker 2: Hey, we did you a favor you miss in your flight.
Speaker 5: I thought they were still arguing about whether or not this name change should go through. I didn't realize it it actually happened. Wow, it's been wown Airport has been the ser Cisco Bay Oakland International Airport for a couple months now. I didn't know that, but I happened. I can understand. I can understand the confusion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right. Next, you're on the JV Show. We have your chance to win a JV show Chug Mutt. We are going to get to what the bleep.
Speaker 5: First we got to talk about Prize Picks because today is a very important day, you guys, a very important day. If you don't know what today is, It's Thursday.
Speaker 1: Football is back. Oh yeah, football is back.
Speaker 5: Get on the Prize Picks app, you guys. This is America's number one daily fantasy sports app. There's over five million active members. And I keep saying the reason they have so many active members is because just how simple it is to win money on there. And there's a lot of transparency because Price Picks is just you against the numbers, not like other daily fantasy apps. If you've tried those before, I forget what you know about those, because Price Picks does it the right way. And what I mean by you against the numbers is they're going to show you all your favorite players. Some of them may be playing tonight on Thursday night football. Someone'm playing on Sunday. Most of our favorite players will be playing on Monday night, so you got time to get your lineups in. But they're going to show you a stat projection for one of your favorite players, maybe it's maybe it's brock Purty.
Speaker 1: They're going to show you.
Speaker 5: How many passing yards they think you might have. You're gonna pick more or less than on that, and you're gonna pair that with one or at least two, even up to six other stat projections. You really want to exponentially win some more money, you can do that. You get those correct, and you are winning money. It's easy to cash out on prize picks and get your money out when you do win, and it's a whole lot of fun and you went up to one hundred times your money with as little as four correct picks. I think that's ten dollars into one thousand dollars, which would be huge. Download the Prize Picks app today. Use code kyld and get fifty dollars instantly when you play five.
Speaker 1: You want to do that because football again starts tonight.
Speaker 5: That's code Kyld on Prize Picks to get fifty dollars instantly when you play five. You don't even need to win. Receive that fifty dollars bonus. It's guaranteed. Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: Run your game. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, The JV Show.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time for what the Bleep? Where you can win a JV show Chug mug. You just want to be the very first person a guest. Today's bleeped out word as always leave your guest is on the talkback Mike on the Free iHeartRadio app. You guys ready for today's clip.
Speaker 5: Sure, My wife caught me grabbing my daughter's and all I could think to say was don't tell anyone.
Speaker 1: Oh my, this is a family show.
Speaker 2: Family show.
Speaker 5: It's a family show, all right, Think about what that fleap We're careful.
Speaker 1: Right now, careful.
Speaker 2: I can't even look at you the same.
Speaker 1: I'm not allowed within one hundred yards of a school currently.
Speaker 5: I'm kidding. This is a family show, so that biekut word is something very pg. I promise you that. All right, take your guesses on the talkback Mike, leave us your name, your city, and then you guess. We want to be able to shout you out when you win. But we are only giving that JV Show chug mug to the very first person that comes with the correct.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Wild to Be for nine, the base number one Hitneysic station. We are the JV Show. I'm Selina Graham and I'm just we're playing what the bleabe were. Hopefully we can give somebody this JV show chug mug. You just got to be the first person a guest. Today's bleeped out word seven O five is when this game kicks off. You want to be here for the start of the game because then you have a better chance of winning, you know, O case you are just tuning in, here's today's clip.
Speaker 5: My wife caught me grabbing my daughter's and all I could think to say was. Don't tell anyone you not wow not although if you see something, say something.
Speaker 1: I think that's the other thing you're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: All right, Remember this is a family show. Okay, So as weird as that sounds, we promise you it is something clean as I always leave your guests. Is on the talkback Mike on the free iHeart app. Let's run through some of them now.
Speaker 4: Hello, my name is Liam.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing from Redding, California, and I think it's candy.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, goodbye, very popular guests this morning. Candy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't want to get caught stealing your kids candy Halloween candy. Otherwise, and Liam, thank you for leaving us at talk box talk back. Excuse me, I just checked he left it from reading a JV show number one ready, yes, yes, all the kind of you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much a JV show. It's Jonathan from San Carlos.
Speaker 1: I think the bleeped out words our chicken nuggets.
Speaker 2: I want to win you that.
Speaker 1: Chup moup.
Speaker 2: Nuggets. Oh that's a good guy. Don't kid loves chick uggies. Do not mess with those. Good Morning Jamie's Show.
Speaker 4: My name is Jen.
Speaker 2: I'm calling from Santose.
Speaker 6: I think the bleeped out word is video games. Have a great day, so many great guesses.
Speaker 1: Any bird, it's not a big video game player, she wouldn't care.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Show. It's Sean from San Jose. My guess is piky bee. I say, do you think there we got to today? Here's today's clip. Unbleeped.
Speaker 5: My wife caught me grabbing my daughter's piggybank, and all I could think to say was don't tell anyone.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes a lot more sense what I was thinking. You need, you're sick, you're you're gross.
Speaker 5: I just sometimes you need some cash, and where can you get some cash your kid's piggybanks. I don't have a lot of cash on hand anymore. I used to when I was a bart dinner and now you go straight to the bank of your kids.
Speaker 6: But do you replace it afterward?
Speaker 1: Of course I do.
Speaker 5: Not, because you forget it's my money that I put in there in the first place. I'm just borrowing against it and they should be happy they have a roof over their head. Sure someday they'll get paid back to them, I'm assuming, or maybe they can pay it back to me.
Speaker 1: All Right's give some shoutouts. Give some shoutouts. First and foremost, Sean and Sandels What's Up? Shot What's Up?
Speaker 5: Had the very first crack to answer this morning, so congrats to him. He's gonna get a brand new JV show.
Speaker 1: Chug Mug. Not that many people were on this morning. A lot of people get money, so props to you.
Speaker 5: If you guessed money, you were really really close money allowance or any variation of that. A lot of people guess that, but higgybank was the word. Joanna and Mantica had it, so did our buddy Leo and San Jose.
Speaker 1: What's Up?
Speaker 5: Leo Solidad in Pittsburgh had it correct as well.
Speaker 1: But that's kind of that's kind of it. I like this morning. A lot of people playing, though, thank you guys for leaving your guesses. Appreciate you.
Speaker 5: If you didn't win today, or if you were driving today and knew that answer and then didn't submit a guess on the talk back tomorrow, you should actually try it.
Speaker 2: Yes, seven oh five, you'll play again. Don't forget when you win, check your email. That's how we're going to reach out to you to get this Chuck Mug. We do have more winning negs than we. I know everyone is back in school already, but if your kid is like my daughter, it keeps on breaking her school issued chromebook, you probably need a new one. We're going to have your chance to win that inside the JV Show.
Speaker 1: You have nopegang the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine. I'm Selena Graham.
Speaker 2: Jess is running back in here. There she is, Hi, Jess, Cheetie's not here today, So Jess is doing double duty on the air and on the phones at the same dang time. All right, let's go to the phone.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 8: This Marianne.
Speaker 2: Hey Marianne. How's it going. How's your morning so far?
Speaker 8: I'm good?
Speaker 6: Just got off work?
Speaker 2: Oh you got off work? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I work?
Speaker 2: Nice time. And what do you do if you don't mind me asking?
Speaker 6: I'm actually a security guard.
Speaker 1: Oh so she can take you down.
Speaker 2: Be honest and be honest. Do you fall asleep on the job?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I can't stop our night.
Speaker 5: Our night security guards are sound asleep. Every time there's something, they hold their phone out.
Speaker 6: Some jobs you can, but not my job you can't.
Speaker 2: All right, we believe you. All right, So today you're playing the JV Show. You have Nope payments for your chance to win a rombook laptop. Let's see if you can get it done. We're gonna ask you for trivia questions. Get three correct and it's yours. Okay, okay, all right. Question number one, finish the title of this literary classic written by Charles Dickens. Great blank, Yes.
Speaker 1: That's actually not a good guess.
Speaker 2: That's actually a good guy. That's great expectations, great expectations.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I think we had to read you. Did you have to read that one in school?
Speaker 4: Slim?
Speaker 5: No, I did, Pip or something's in there anyways, slimming main character is Pip.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: Question number two, This is kind of tricky. One m A is the two letter abbreviation for what US state M.
Speaker 6: Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Yeah you go, all right, you got a point. Here's question number three. A botanist is a person who studies what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go, Here we go. You got you got this last one? You just need one more gun more little you win that chromebok.
Speaker 5: Question number four, My tie is made with what type of heart alcohol?
Speaker 1: Generally? Classic my tie? What do you what type of heart alcohol is in there?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I don't drink my.
Speaker 5: Sounds kind of tropical. You know, they're delicious. I've been known to drink about twenty of them by the pool of Hawaii.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it's so clear alcohol.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: What is it called?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna run out of.
Speaker 1: Time, say one of them. What it's rum rum?
Speaker 5: Sometimes he's white rum. There little give you a little float or a dark room on the top, That's what I do.
Speaker 2: Anne, you were so closed when this chromebook laptop. But let me ask you a follow up question. Who would this have been for you or do you have like a a kid who's a student. I would have been for my brother.
Speaker 1: He just started college.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, he really really needs the chromebook, Graham. I feel like we should just give it.
Speaker 6: It would help with his education.
Speaker 2: College boys they only use laptops for studying, right, study. Wow.
Speaker 1: I had such great expectations for her in this game.
Speaker 2: Don't you just want to give it to further his education?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he's so tired from working on nights.
Speaker 1: The laptop is just gonna get all the keys stuck together. We know it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: That's a discussion.
Speaker 1: College boys are messy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: He probably spills something in it, like into the keyboard.
Speaker 2: Maryanne, you did not win. I'm gonna put you on holds though, and cheeties out. But maybe you can sweet talk Jess. Okay, if it were up to me, I just give it to you and if you do, get it every and be mad at Jess. That's okay, all right, Mary Anne, hang on there by the way, We're gonna do it again tomorrow morning, same time. Your chance to win a chromebook here on wild any four nine. Oh really quick, Jess. While you're here, we have a talk back for you.
Speaker 4: Good morning, jav Shaw. This is Amy and Marla the Wonder Dog calling from San Leyandro. We want to know if Jess has watched World Worst X on Netflix yet. If she hasn't, she should. It's crazy, all right, guys, Happy Thursday, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Bye bye. Have you watched it? I just finished it.
Speaker 6: It's I believe four episodes. Oh my gosh, it is crazy.
Speaker 1: Like she said, but World's Worst X.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it's four different stories and it's I want to I want to use the word disturbing to describe it, but I'm not gonna lie After watching it. I did get a little scared of just meeting new people in general.
Speaker 2: We already don't want to do that. I know, read I don't.
Speaker 6: I'm even more scared. I mean, most of these stories deal with like just some crazy X stories that have to do with either domestic violence or you know, murder whoa spoiler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just ruined it for me. Thinks I watch it?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: It is crazy though. All right, today's hat is trending is coming up.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We are the JV Show. Grammy do we have some shout outs before trend dow do?
Speaker 1: Of course we do. Moms and my dms.
Speaker 5: Moms and my dms and go and says, hey, can we get a blated birthday shout out for my son Thiago?
Speaker 1: He turned nine yesterday and we are from Napa.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: That's from mom, jizals it's happy birthday the Auga. We love you. But other than the NAPA part, the birthday part, that's good.
Speaker 5: Point another one Mom and your DM's high ninety four nine fam, we love you guys, miss jav and Natasha so much. My kids and I listen to you guys every morning. My son Austin was recently attacked by a rottweiler. Oh and I know it would sure love to get a shout out from his favorite stay. Also, my daughter Ava would love to hear you say who gives a fart?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: Who gives a part?
Speaker 5: And ps I called seventy eight times trying to win those Disney tickets. Tell the listeners to chill, and that is from Mom Ali c So first and foremost shout out to Austin. I asked, is he okay from this rottweiler attack?
Speaker 1: She says he is.
Speaker 5: He's feeling up, So keep getting better, buddy. We love you and next chance to win those Disney tickets eight twenty get ready to call another seventy eight times because a lot of people trying to win those Another mom and a DMS.
Speaker 1: Hey Graham, my daughter.
Speaker 5: Callie Kaylee Mads turns twelve on September fifth. Wonder if you could wish her the best birthday. We love you so much, Love Mom, Dad, Kaylin, Cammy, Casin and Cavan.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much. But who gives said about that?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 4: More?
Speaker 8: Dad?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 5: Dad, my DMS want to give a shout out to my kids, Marcella and Matteo who go do kip SF Middle School. They love listening to the trivia and trying to win the Disney tickets every day and they listen every morning on the way to school.
Speaker 1: You guys make their day. Hope you can read this and give them a shout out.
Speaker 5: And that's from Dad Hector, So shout out to Marcella, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: The phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: The hottest please.
Speaker 7: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: So people so upset with the casting for this new season of Dancing with the Stars. Yesterday late in the show, we went over some of the celeb's names. Who is going to be on this next season That premiere is on the seventeenth of this month. Phagorite Parks is on there, Tory spelling, Joey Grazida, Jenran, Dwight Howard, and then we get to Anna Delviy. I didn't even recognize the name at first until you Graham and you just were like, WHOA, what isn't that the fake eras girl?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they went to prison.
Speaker 2: This is the woman. Yes, who inspired Netflix's Inventing Anna. She was arrested and convicted of grand larceny and theft of services. She went to prison and got out just a couple of years ago on good behavior. And now she's going to be on Dancing with the Stars and people are not having it. They're threatening to boycott this show this season.
Speaker 1: Does anyone still watch?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: So two people, okay, God, two people march. They'll be down in city Hall today.
Speaker 1: Make your signs.
Speaker 2: But they're also saying, just how port tastes, how much import you know what I mean? Like, I agree this poor taste to have her on the show. And when we were talking about the cast unveiling, I didn't even realize that in her picture she has her ankle monitor on. She is still going to be wearing it throughout the season.
Speaker 1: Is that for real? Are they just doing that for it?
Speaker 2: Was? It's for real. She even had to get permission from ICE to be able to travel out of state to film the show because she's based in New York.
Speaker 1: The show, they should say no films in LA.
Speaker 6: That's not right.
Speaker 1: They should say no at that point. And I agree, Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 5: Now we know that stars part doesn't really mean much because they throw together any BCD or lower list celebrity that will say yes because they've done so many seasons and we're out of C and D list celebrities.
Speaker 1: So now we've moved on to can victed felons.
Speaker 5: I don't know somebody that's built a huge amounts of money out of investors and whatever else. It's been a while since I've watched The Inventing and a you know series on Netflix, so I can't remember all the stuff she ended up being charged with. But that shouldn't while that you know, made her a household name, so to speak. That shouldn't make you a celebrity for Dancing with the Stars. That does not make a star.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so because then you're getting the spotlight and other people are seeing like, oh, I can be a criminal too, and you know, be praised for it.
Speaker 1: Basically, like, are we going to put.
Speaker 5: If Scott Peterson gets his case overturned, We're gonna put Scott Peterson on Dancing with the Stars, you know what I mean? Like he's everybody knows who that guy is. Like, are we gonna start putting serial killers on there? Because people love true crime podcasts and some serial killers have come become sort of celebrities. Can they get approval from the Department of Corrections to come film for a little while, they'll keep their ankle monitors on. Yeah, and then I know that's obviously a stretch.
Speaker 2: She was not right. She wasn't like a criminal, but still a criminal nonetheless, and a lot of people think this is way too far. She was asked if her ankle monitor is going to hinder her ability to dance, which she said, no, it's actually not that heavy. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: I would have preferred them even picked some random influencer over her.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but then no one would be talking about the show, just like all the other seasons when they had the influencers and no one gacked the art.
Speaker 1: It is probably smart marketing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate to admit. Yes, Okay, So here is the significance behind Ben and Jalo's date of separation. So remember when Jaylo finally filed for divorce, she listed their data separation as April twenty sixth, and it just seemed like some random dates, like maybe that's when they had their big blow up fight or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll chake it.
Speaker 2: You check this out.
Speaker 1: Check yourself before you wreck your.
Speaker 2: April twenty sixth, Jayla was in New York filming for her upcoming movie Kiss of the Spider Woman. It's a thing I don't know. Meanwhile, Ben was here in La and apparently that's when Ben thought it was the perfect time to pack up all his things, leave their marital home and move into his rental property in Brentwood. He literally blindsided her and left her while she was out of town and didn't say anything to her. And then in May when j Lo got back home, he was just gone. Not only that he wouldn't answer her calls or text messages, he just straight ghosted her stop.
Speaker 1: According to report, she knew they were breaking up, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean maybe they weren't. You know, they're going through a rough patch in their marriage, but she could. Maybe she didn't know that he was leaving and moving out.
Speaker 5: They knew their relationship was done. You don't just move your stuff out like without knowing for certain that your marriage is over. He knew the marriage was over, so did she.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's happened before, yeah, but not time you.
Speaker 5: I think you have to think about these things through the eye of a huge celebrity. They know this stuff's going to come out, you don't.
Speaker 1: True and they just flat out ghost to j Lo.
Speaker 2: I think he did, oh stop obviously started talking. Eventually at some point we saw them together after this, but after he had already moved out. Like I kind of believe these reports. They were on completely different coasts for a long time. They were both working.
Speaker 5: Jalo wants to paint herself as the victim in this and have no culpability, And the failure of this.
Speaker 2: Is like a great one relationship ghost Why would anybody want to ghost.
Speaker 1: YOULI follow the trail of failed relationships?
Speaker 2: Ben just seems awful. Have you seen his resting Ben face?
Speaker 1: She has the same face. That's why we thought this was gonna work. They both have the resting Bee face.
Speaker 2: Graham, what do you have in trending?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: The suspect in the Ricky Pearsall shooting case appeared in court for the first time yesterday, again juvenile court because he's only seventeen years old. He was charged with a few different things, mainly attempted murder. It sounds like, yes, a San Francisco District attorney, they might add or are going to add some more gun charges. Onto the other three charges he already got charged with, but attempted murder being the big one. No cameras were allowed in the proceeding, so all we have is sketch artists take on what this guy looks like. And it looks like he either has a curly mullet or maybe like a ponytail bun.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you call that thing. It's like kind of like a ponytail with like a bun at the bottom. What would that be?
Speaker 2: Just an at the bottom.
Speaker 5: But it's like a bon iye picture being a man buni picture being up high. His is a low His is like down low. I couldn't tell. Again, these are sketch artists take. They looked a little cartoony to me, but it's what a cartoon is, uh. Anyway, either way, we've learned just a little bit more about him, high school senior in Tracy. His parents were in the in the courtroom yesterday as well. They say he showed no emotion, no visible emotion as the judge read the charges, but through his lawyer, he did express remorse for what had happened. And we learned a little bit of more about his injury because we know he was also shot Pierce shot through the chest again, didn't hit any major organs, which is insane. He was shot through I believe, his left arm and they say that bullet went the bullet went in and out again. We don't know exactly who pulled the trigger there or how that, but we know there was a scuffle. Eyewitness accounts say Ricky Peirsol was exiting a store with two very large shopping bags on one of them from lou Vauton, and he was approached by this suspect who said get pulled out a gun and said get me all you got, and then that's what that's when the scuffle went down. Pearsall also wearing we heard originally he was trying to get his rolex. He was wearing a nine thousand dollars Rolex in a thirty thousand dollars white gold chain.
Speaker 1: Oh, sir Francisco. But that's where that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: Right all right, Graham, thank you for that update. Next here on the JV Show, Graham just broke some awful news to me. California cracking down on Hot Cheetah Detail's bags.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Happy football season, Bang bang baby. Anyways, hope you guys have a good day. Grand my son still waiting on that birthday shout out.
Speaker 1: By two things?
Speaker 5: First, yeah, okay, actually three things. Secondly, but third, Angie, buddy, buddy old. Now, I don't really want to start a beef with you, because we've beef.
Speaker 1: Before, Angie.
Speaker 5: He's one of our favorite listeners, but we've bonded over our shared love for the forty nine Ers, the greatest team of all time by Raider fans are like, don't say, but how'd you look? You could use the opportunity right there to give your son that birthday shout out. You didn't even mention his name right, which I mean the disrespect there.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you just shout him out for his birthday?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: And let me enter this into evidence, Angie, if you really want some beef, you are.
Speaker 5: The one that requested a birthday shout out.
Speaker 1: Five days after your kid's birthday. I don't know, Maybe be a good mom and remember your birthday. We all live days later for that shout out?
Speaker 2: Is Angie? The one where they were out camping or something and they just got back into town.
Speaker 5: And that's whylands celebrating his birthday. You don't need a shout out from LOULI old.
Speaker 1: Me you were a disney Land.
Speaker 2: And I don't say that she's not a good mom. She took him to disney Land and then she comes back and she wants the shout out when he's actually here to hear it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a good point. That's a good point. I know Angie's a great mom. Yes, I know that. But the one thing that I do know about her son's birthday, who's the phone?
Speaker 4: There? You go.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 6: Happy birthday, Yes.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, Nameless Sun, Happy birthday Grim.
Speaker 2: So how is California trying to crack down on hot cheetos? We have to cross state lines and cross the border to I get them.
Speaker 5: Now, not yet, but it's headed that way because a new bill is hitting Governor Newsom's desk for approval because it's already worked its way through the state legislature, and they are looking to ban several ingredients that are included in some of your favorite snack items. And I'm looking at you Selina, and you Jess, and I would be looking at Cheaty, but she's out sick today that are in hot cheetos, flaming hot Cheetos, and talkies and other colorful snacks. Now they're looking to ban these things from ever being served in schools. So you can breathe a big SI relief you as an adult, still be able to buy these things. Although I think this is a stepping stone towards banning certain things like this, because they're looking at six synthetic dyes that are found in hot, flaming hot cheetos and some other snacks. You know, your yellow fives, your yellow sixes, your blue ones, your blue two, your green threes, and your red forties. Of course they have all in hot cheetos. Well, some of those dies probably are, and some are in other snacks. But they say these these additives that are in some of these foods have been shown to cause behavioral and developmental problems in children, so they don't want to see these things being served at school.
Speaker 2: But again, I just feel like we turned out fine, Like we grew up on hot cheetos and look at us thriving.
Speaker 1: I didn't grow up on how cheetahs.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, and you can't.
Speaker 5: Example you both are, you know, championing your intellectual prowess as the way to show that these things didn't affect you.
Speaker 1: I mean, because I've seen how you guys do at the trivia game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's different. But are we going to blame for that?
Speaker 1: Right? We don't know, but it could be a factor in there, right, I guess so.
Speaker 2: So they're going to ban it from schools.
Speaker 1: That's the goal. Again, A governor knews some house to sign.
Speaker 2: They're going to ban them for being sold in schools. Is that what it was?
Speaker 5: They don't want them to be available in schools, whether they served or I don't know if there could be sold in like vending machines, but kids could.
Speaker 2: But kids could still bring them from home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're trying to limit them.
Speaker 5: And I don't know if you I'm assuming you, yes, you could still smuggle that contraband into school.
Speaker 2: And I feel like they're just going to start selling it to other students.
Speaker 6: They're going to be like deprived of the experience of having a bag with cream, cheese and hot cheetos in it.
Speaker 1: Is that a thing? Yes, I've never had that.
Speaker 2: That's delicious.
Speaker 1: You're missing out, I'll be honest.
Speaker 5: It does sound kind of good, But don't you ever think when you read about this, how it's causing actual developmental problems and kids shouldn't we as parents go, maybe I shouldn't be giving my kids these ultra process That's why.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not completely mad at this. I feel like schools should only be serving healthy things. Sorry students listening to us. I am on that side, like the school should not be serving right junk food. So I guess I'm for this, But it's not going to stop anything. Kids. They're still going to bring it from home, share it. It's still going to be around.
Speaker 5: What if they start phasing it out because they can ban certain members. When they were going to ban titanium dioxide or whatever that was found in skittles, they ended up dumping that thing. But that would that would force manufacturers to change the way that they If you want your stuff sold in California, you got to change the ingredients that you put in it.
Speaker 2: That I don't mind those are just the color because I still help sold. I still want to eat it.
Speaker 1: That's why they could make it a better way. Is the argument?
Speaker 2: All right? Really quick? We are going to be at the party at greyton Pool September fourth, ye partying with James Kennedy, you know from Vandy Rules Graham James. Yeah, you're like his biggest fan. Here's the thing classic, it's a pool party. Great and has been putting on this amazing pool party series and they all sell out. So this James Kennedy one sold out I think like last week. Yeah yeah, but we still have your chance to go. We actually have your chance to win a day bed for you and three friends, and entering is really easy. Just follow us on Instagram JB Morning Show. Also follow Ghetto House Radio. It's one of our weekend shows here in Wildney for night. Like the post about James Kennedy, Tag a friend and make sure he us the hashtag wild for James Kennedy. That's going to enter you for your chance to win, and then we could all be partying together.
Speaker 1: I know the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine for someone weighing.
Speaker 2: In on cheating not being here today. She is sick.
Speaker 1: She he's out sick today.
Speaker 10: Nah dude, the guy responded, and you know what the rest is history. Happily ever after, they're on their way right now to get married and biggest right right. No, wait, he goes there wait he blocked her? No CHEETI yeah, I would stay home too if that happened to me.
Speaker 2: In the morning's right. So, just to recap yesterday, we kind of well, she didn't want to message her crush. We took her phone and we messaged him for Yeah, what did we say?
Speaker 6: We said, Hey, three wise, happy face? How's it going?
Speaker 1: How's it going?
Speaker 5: And then she says she immediately deleted the Instagram app from her phone because she was so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: You know, she checked yesterday.
Speaker 2: I think she did.
Speaker 5: And do you think that factored into her not coming in today because us morning radio people we don't take sick days, No, we don't. You got to be wheeled in here on a gurney. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Do you think that maybe he like left her on red or something and she didn't want to have to face us respond yeah, all good theory.
Speaker 5: No, Or maybe he responded and was like, hey, bro, I'm not interested you in that way? Hey with only one why? Hey, not into you like that?
Speaker 1: And then she's like, I can't show up and talk about this on the show.
Speaker 6: I guess the real question is will she show up tomorrow for Chug Will.
Speaker 1: No, there's one of people that want to see her chug because she was just last that's right.
Speaker 2: Conveniently again, this whole thing conveniently timed.
Speaker 6: L where's my jewelry?
Speaker 2: All right, Welcome to our meeting in the ladies room this morning. We are talking about nails. Go to JB Morning Show. That's our Instagram. Make sure you following us check our story because Benny Blanco has a new petticure.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry in advance that you have to see this.
Speaker 2: You got a Persian rug petticure with actual fringe hanging off every singld nail. And yes, the toes are just as harry as you would imagine. Oh god, oh my, this is the man. If you don't if you don't know.
Speaker 5: What wait, does he have two big toes on one foot or is that a big toe from each foot side fi side each foot?
Speaker 1: Part of me was like, oh, this is just one of his feet. Are you sure?
Speaker 5: I picture him having somebody who's toes are that harry? I pictured the second toe looking like that on their picture, every one of his toes looking this way.
Speaker 2: So on our Instagram, we're asking you to rate them. I'm gonna go ahead and give that the highest possible rating.
Speaker 5: How do you give them the lowest possible average answer? It said when I hit the lowest, so most people are disgusted by them.
Speaker 6: Well, that's nast I might be there with you, all right, so go check that out.
Speaker 2: And Jess, you have something nail related as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to know where you guys like stand on this because people are sharing that they won't eat food if it was prepared by somebody with long nails.
Speaker 1: Do you agree? Yeah, you have long nails, right, you prepare food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll eat my own food, but somebody else, Like, that's.
Speaker 1: Gross, but you're giving it to people and your family.
Speaker 2: Well, let me say I rarely have nails anymore, but when I do, I do like them long. I'm also a complete germophobe. I washed my hands after touching everything. I consider my hands to be very very clean. But the thought of like somebody else preparing food, and because sometimes the food will get stuck under your nails, you just kind of like flick it out and then keep on prepared. Telly me eating it, that's gross.
Speaker 5: I'm shocked to hear you say this. I thought you were going to be a big proponent.
Speaker 6: No, even if it's a family member, a friend.
Speaker 2: Maybe if it's a family member somebody who I know is is clean, then then yeah, I yes, I'm I'm less judgy. But if I pull up to like a restaurant or a subway and person they got gloves on and they're making my sandwich at their long nails, like, I'm going to be kind of disgusted what they do what they do wear gloves? Fy?
Speaker 1: What is the solution on food preparation?
Speaker 5: Because you know, I've worked in bars and restaurants before and I've seen and we all see it now. There's a lot of places that have kind of an open kitchen. You can see what's happening. You see food being prepared. If you track one person's set of hands, they don't get washed as oftentimes after they touch something, or people touch their face and then go back into handling food. I see this all the time. If you touch your face or anything, you're supposed to wash your hands. Again, people don't do that, you know what I mean, You're not People are washing their hands long enough and then they lean on something to some surface and you can tell that thing ain't been wiped down in a while.
Speaker 1: And then they go back to preparing food.
Speaker 5: On the other hand, you see people putting gloves on, right, but they don't change the gloves often enough to make it it's.
Speaker 1: The same thing. It's the same problem.
Speaker 5: They touch stuff with them and then at that point you'd have to put on a new pair of gloves.
Speaker 1: What is the solution.
Speaker 5: I think we we've all become a little bit of germophobes coming through the pandemic.
Speaker 1: But if you really watch food preparation.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting. That's why I just turn a blind eye.
Speaker 1: I think that's I mean, I think that is the solution. You have to turn a blind eye.
Speaker 5: You have to understand that somebody's hands that may or may have propably washed or kneading the dough that's making your pizza or whatever, or grabbing that slice of turkey that's going on your sandwich.
Speaker 1: It just is what it is. And you know, arm hair is flaking off on there.
Speaker 5: And if you know how if you know how much skin cells are shed by your hands and arms like skins, their skin cells are going into your burger.
Speaker 1: It's just you just have to deal.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you guys the story about the time I was doing community service.
Speaker 1: Yes, you dropped your band aid in strawberries.
Speaker 2: Just slice up strawberries and my band aid. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Worst.
Speaker 5: And she was serving them to like veterans or something people audibly serve this country.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, making that up. She's serving vets. And you dropped a bloody band aid.
Speaker 10: In the strug.
Speaker 2: It was not bloody, I know. I took it out obviously. And then then oh my god, oh my, this is the grossest segment we've ever done in the show.
Speaker 5: We've done a lot of gross stuff. I'm you should be a shaving. I will never look at your sick.
Speaker 2: Didn't you have a similar story, Graham, Not with the band aid but something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean bartend and I cut my hands all the time that I bleed right into the level.
Speaker 5: Of the arms.
Speaker 1: Guys are just that Why does that sting so much? And then your hands are cutting? No, it's not that. The JV show on Wild ninety four nine, we were just.
Speaker 2: Talking about like food preparation, the long nails. A lot of people won't eat if they see that, like their food is prepared by somebody with long nails. And we were saying, even if they wear gloves like they're not changing them out. The gloves are still dirty.
Speaker 6: Morning JV show This has made from Santos.
Speaker 9: A just wanted to chime in a little bit about the food worker the gloves and long nails whatever. Yes, food workers do not change out the gloves enough. I went to a Chipotle recently watching these staff member use the same glove from start to finish for each guest and using that glove sticking into the cheese, put it in your order, and then going to and then going to grab the payment from the guests and then doing it all over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be careful, all right, love you all. I hate that they go to like ring up, ring up someone's order and they're touching that greasy screen with that glove.
Speaker 1: They grab that person's credit card or cash who knows where.
Speaker 6: That Yeah, and you know, when no customers are there, they're grabbing their phone with that same disgusting it.
Speaker 5: We all know phones are dirtier than a toilet, see yeah, and we know when no customers are there, they're scratching there.
Speaker 1: You know what that same And then that's why I like, I mean places like Chipotle or whatever, like I like ordering online picking up. I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: I would they be offended if we were like, hey, can you change out your gloves? Like, are we allowed to ask that? I think so you are.
Speaker 1: But they're gonna secretly do something else to mess with your food.
Speaker 6: Then, hey, why can't you guys just just say you have aas and you need them to switch them out?
Speaker 5: What are they?
Speaker 1: What are you allergic to?
Speaker 2: Too nasty dirtiness? Yeah, all right, I want to know what you guys think about Katie Perry offering this as a reward for her man doing household chores. So you know she is engaged to Orlando Bloom.
Speaker 1: They're only engaged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they still haven't gotten married.
Speaker 1: They've been engaged forever for like seven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So she was on that Call Her Daddy podcast. Here's what she had to say. One of my love languages is acts of service. So it's like, if I come downstairs and the kitchen is clean, and you've done it all, and you've done all the dishes and you've closed all the pantry doors, you better you better be ready to get your I mean like, literally, I don't need a red Ferrari. I can buy a Referri. Who sucks? This is Katie peer.
Speaker 5: This is Katy Ferry, that's k I'm not surprised if that's kat Paerry. But can we talk about the important issue there?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 1: Ladies? I mean I want to know what do you think about her reward system? Because I have thought?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about it?
Speaker 6: Graham?
Speaker 5: I'll wash the dishes ten times a day, I'll clean the kitchen the reward we be out of dishes, and I will actively go make them look dirty just so I can wash them again and put them away and close the pantry doors.
Speaker 2: Like, why does it take that for you to do something around the house that you should be doing anyways? As somebody who lives.
Speaker 1: There, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Why do we give our dog a little milk bone when they do something good on a walk?
Speaker 2: You like a dog?
Speaker 1: It'll treat. Reward systems does help?
Speaker 2: So are we also doing that for the women every time they clean up the kitchen or cook or do anything for that is expected of them.
Speaker 1: That analogy doesn't work for me.
Speaker 5: Why do we give kids a lollipop after they do great job did.
Speaker 2: Or they're still learning? Because they're still learning? These are children.
Speaker 5: Why do you get you know, a sticker on your report card. When something good happens, when you do a great job and you studied hard. Sometimes the reward system is.
Speaker 6: Very much Sometimes yes, sometimes that's the keyword, but it's not, Oh, you did the dishes cool like this, like you're the one that made them dirty?
Speaker 1: Clean them. Well, she's the one that's setting the bar so so incredibly other.
Speaker 2: Wives look really bad.
Speaker 1: Well, Perry up.
Speaker 6: By the way, I do want a red Ferrari because she said she doesn't. She said she just wants the dishes clean, Like I think we all could.
Speaker 1: I wash the dishes, give me the give me, give me some soapy.
Speaker 2: Water right now. How are you rewarding since you're here for the rewards, how are you rewarding your wife?
Speaker 1: I don't understand that analogy. I don't get it. What do you mean? But I don't get it?
Speaker 2: Just slip it like your wife does she cleans a dish. What are you doing for her?
Speaker 5: I don't follow sense to me, Like, I don't get it. We're talking about guys doing the dishes. You're trying to bring all this weird stuff into it. What are you talking about? I don't get it at all. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I also couldn't believe that was Katy Perry talking like that. Yeah, she's changed, she.
Speaker 1: Has not changed. That's always been Katie.
Speaker 2: She's always been just like.
Speaker 1: Her first song was I Kissed a Girl and I liked it, Like she's always right.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't like she's.
Speaker 1: Always been edgy. She's done and said edgy things. I don't know. We had movies.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's different when you're singing it. When you're singing it, it makes it sound a lot less vile. It was more tame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I guess I've said this before. I knew people that knew Katy Perry, like when I was in college. She's from Santa Barbara. I knew people that knew her also from Santa Barbara. And the stories I used to hear about her were, you know, she was a little wild.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah, so this is kind.
Speaker 2: Of maybe this is the real herd is the real he? Wow? All right, today's hot is trending is coming.
Speaker 1: Up the JV show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 2: I'm silly. We were just talking about Katy Perry's reward, So Sam, she will give her an uh at adult gift. Yes for him just doing the dishes. Graham, you're all here for it.
Speaker 5: That's the case.
Speaker 1: Gramm was the reward system?
Speaker 2: Why were you complaining for Kate growing a child in her body and then having to be dissected to retrieve that baby? Why was why were you against rewarding her a gift for that? Oh, like a push present?
Speaker 5: Yeah, can we address that for a second. Thank you for leaving the talk back. By the way, anybody that ever wants to waiting on anything we're talking about on the show, talkback, best way to do that. Appreciate you guys engaging with the show. That in that instance, that was called a joke. I joked that since it was a C section, I don't have to get her a push present. People think, I think, thought that I was being serious about that.
Speaker 1: That was a joke.
Speaker 5: My wife did receive a very very nice push present, and it was very expensive and it was a new bag and it's she still wears it to this day and still uses it. So yes, she did get a push present, a little bit of a joke because there was no pushing involved.
Speaker 1: Just remember people, it's a joke.
Speaker 2: You do that a lot here on the Jaw A joke I guess sometimes we have clarify whether or not it's a joke or real.
Speaker 7: Honest, it's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows and the most talked about stories happening today.
Speaker 2: In the Bay. All right, So, Megan thee Stallion was asked if she would ever reconcile with Nicki Minaj. I don't know. If you've seen Megan, she is in the new cover. She's on the new cover of Billboard and obviously a whole spread inside along with the full interview. She was asked about her beef with Nicki Minaj because she see herself ever reconciling, and she said, quote, I still to this day don't know what the problem is. I don't even know what could be reconciled because I to this day don't know what the problem is that's valid. Could that be possible? I think that she I think nobody really knows. There's like some theory he's floating out there.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Nicki and Meghan worked on Hot Girl Summer together, and then after Meghan dropped Wop with Cardi b and there was you know, one of the theories was that Nicki got upset that she had worked with Cardi, who they're feuding, So, I mean, that could be one possibility. There's also another theory that one time Nicki and Meghan were on Live Together and Megan knew that Nikki was trying to get pregnant, but she was still trying to pressure Nikki into drinking. Oh, which I didn't know you weren't. I mean, this might be a stupid question, but can you not drink when you're trying to get pregnant? I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I thought that's how most pregnancies came about.
Speaker 2: That's how mine happened.
Speaker 1: So so sorry for asking that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But but if she knew that that was Nicki's personal choice that I want to be as healthy as possible, then respect that. Yes, then that that's what beef over. I don't nobody knows.
Speaker 5: Seems like a more just like a misunderstanding. You Oh sorry, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And how crazy that not even Megan knows why they're fighting.
Speaker 1: I think these things.
Speaker 5: You wonder if that about a lot of these Hollywood and celebrity beefs, Like do you think some little minor thing that wouldn't even make it on the radar of you or I between friends or someone we didn't know would never actually metamorphosize into this fool on beef, but just the media creates it into one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's a great headline.
Speaker 2: I think that's really coo.
Speaker 5: And then they start to feed into it a little bit because they realize how much media attention this is getting. Yeah, and next thing you know, they're releasing disc track songs about each other.
Speaker 1: Kendrick Condrick yep, you know what I mean. And then everybody's stuff gets more spins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really quick. Joaquin Phoenix praised Lady Gaga's weight loss. You know, they're both starring in the new Joker movie, which is coming out soon. It's getting a lot of press, and he's made headlines before for his weight loss to you know, play his role in those films. Lady Gaga, you know, she's the new Harley Quinn and I guess she lost a lot of weight for her role as well. And while they're doing some press, Joaquin made a comment that she lost a lot of weight and it was really really impressive. Two things. I think he forgot that this could be seen as very problematic, giving she's been very open with her eating disorders in the past. Second, I thought you weren't supposed to comment on a woman's weight.
Speaker 1: Ever, that's you.
Speaker 2: You don't talk about that, No happen needs to tell him.
Speaker 1: I would never tell him out.
Speaker 6: He seems like such a nice person.
Speaker 2: He does. I haven't seen a lot of fan backlash, but they're just throwing it out, like how it could be problematic.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a Lady Gaga question?
Speaker 5: Yes, because a little while ago, well, this isn't necessarily about Lady Gaga, but it is a little while ago we mentioned a you mentioned a blind item that somebody said a former A list female pop stars thinking about going out on tour, and their management's like, whoaha, woa, don't try to book the big venues. You should probably book the smaller ones, right, Yeah, And they didn't say who it was, and we all waited on some theories.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's Lady Gaga?
Speaker 6: Nope.
Speaker 2: I don't think it ever could be Lady Gaga? Why not because she hasn't I think she's still a less I don't think she's fallen from that. Although she hasn't done a lot of music, she's started in a lot of films. I still see her at the top of the top.
Speaker 5: But that's one of the okay, now, that's one of the things that I go, okay, yeah, but maybe that's just their choice of language they used in this thing. Female pop star. We know she's got music. She has got a new song with Bruno Mars. She's got more new music coming out. She does next month. Yes, she's got a new song coming out, And that would be the time you got new music maybe new album on the way then you go out on tour. Does Lady Gaga sell giant arenas like Taylor Swift?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't. You don't think so, Graham.
Speaker 6: She is like, she's a lot of little monsters.
Speaker 2: I think that's what they are.
Speaker 5: I know, but are the little monsters. Here's the Taylor Swift power. Her little monsters are eight, seven, eight nine years old. They worship Taylor Swift. Right, you're getting a fan base of all ages. That's the success of Taylor Swift appeals to all the generations. Are Lady Gaga's fans. And I'm just asking this. I don't know, but in my mind I don't see them being six. So they're not eight nine years old.
Speaker 2: They maybe they were and they've grown up with her. Okay, so I still think there's enough of them to fill venues.
Speaker 1: There's enough of them to fill the an old age. But maybe no, they're not that old. Okay, they're not that old yet.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, Taylor's mass appeal is what we saw the most ridiculous concert sales of all time, and she could sell out any venue of any size. Lady Gauga's fan base, while it's still huge, doesn't attract the full mass appeal.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just saying, so maybe this is about I'm just saying, maybe this is about her.
Speaker 2: No one to ever touch Taylor and her fan base, you know what I mean. But I think Lady Gaga could still in terms of that blind item, still leaning more Katy Perry.
Speaker 5: That one makes them definitely makes more sense. But I'm just you know, just saying, just cross my mind.
Speaker 2: All right. Next here on the JV Show, we have this chance for you to win a trip to Vegas for the IUT Radio Music Festival plus one thousand dollars. We're also going to be trying gator wine.
Speaker 1: Was that again?
Speaker 2: I'm excited?
Speaker 6: You just combine Glacier freeze Gatoraid and red Wine.
Speaker 1: Can you say the word glacier again? Please?
Speaker 6: Okay, I can say it properly, so I'm just gonna not anyways, we don't just describe it again.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety nine, which one he Dill.
Speaker 2: Holds is standing the studio with red wine.
Speaker 1: Red all over the place, does not come.
Speaker 2: Of our brand new studio.
Speaker 1: Come off.
Speaker 2: We are going to be trying Gator Wine in just the second that is on standby. First, we were just talking about Lady Gaga. There is a particular blind item and instead a former a lister wants to go on tour, but their team is saying they can't fill big venues, urging them to do smaller you know, smaller theaters. And one night Graham you said, could it be Gaga?
Speaker 11: Just ask off, hey Graham, Lady Gaga is always going to be famous. As little monsters that grew up with her. We're pretty much now on our thirties. She does not have eight nine year olds, but she does have like the whole gay community backing her up, which is a lot of us. So yeah, she has a residency in Vegas. She is coming out with a new CD and she's always going to be popular and all the movies she's coming into.
Speaker 5: Mike, Look, I didn't say that Lady Gaga wasn't a major star.
Speaker 1: Let me make this clear.
Speaker 5: What I was doing is comparing it to comparing her to Taylor Swift and the demand and concert sales to the ability to sell big arenas. Now, you may disagree with me as a huge Lady Gaga fan, and I know there are lots of them out there, but Taylor Swift. The reason she's able to sell out, you know, sixty thousand seat arenas is because she has fans from of every age group from four years old and up. People love of all generations for MASSI appeal. We have seen other artists recently, quite a few of them who are very famous. J Loo will always be famous. She couldn't sell She could not sell a tour of big venues, right, and Jlo is famous, is in movies, has new music. I don't know when, but you know she puts out music. She will be putting out more music she could not sell. And looked Lady Gaga and j Loo, that's maybe not the best comparison because Lady Gaga has massive, massive musical talent. It's just different, you know what I mean. Gaga is a musician, can you know, play in the arts? She is. Yeah, So I'm just wondering because we've seen and j Loo's not the only one. We've seen a lot of artists that we would consider big or you know, famous, and seen not the ticket sales that they thought.
Speaker 1: People are spending their money differently when it comes to concerts.
Speaker 2: It does happen. And I see what you're saying, Graham. I'm on the side there. I think she'll always be able to feel to fill the bigger venues, maybe not huge stadiums the way Taylor is doing it. She was on a stadium tour that's even like a level above your regular like main venues. But she's she can fill Chase Center no problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just think we couldn't really compare artists to Taylor Swift anymore. She's just on her whole.
Speaker 2: Let's just take her out of the conversation, all right. We're trying gator wine, Jess, what the heck is gator wine.
Speaker 6: Gater wine is blue gatorade.
Speaker 2: The flavor your.
Speaker 5: Cool blue, and there's a lot of different blue gatorades. So we need to make sure we get this right, seeing it wrong.
Speaker 2: Is it glacier?
Speaker 1: What's a glacier lay?
Speaker 6: I don't know how to say it.
Speaker 2: It's glazier, so what the Titanic hit some ice? But what what's it called? That's right, never mind, it's slightly different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need your glacier freeze.
Speaker 2: Glazier.
Speaker 1: This is what we got here.
Speaker 6: We got gator you not, That's what my brain tells me.
Speaker 8: I'm saying, it's glacier glacier. Sorry, glaciers glaci glacier glacier. There you go, glacier freeze. I know she went with the zero sugar version.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I just picked up whichever when I saw that was the same color.
Speaker 2: So this is what's trending online. People are drinking gator wine and I'm saying, it's still a shake set with red water equal parts?
Speaker 1: Is this already mixed? Is mine in there?
Speaker 2: It looks arts it's so good.
Speaker 1: It looks and smells just so good.
Speaker 2: This is actually really good. Oh my god, it's delicious.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad we finally like something that we try.
Speaker 2: We have tried fluffy coke, disgusting pickles, and doctor pepper. It was a leaddown, but gator wine.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna as I'm not blasphemous as this sounds because I'm from Napa and.
Speaker 2: Uh you know wine country of the wine country there. But yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: It just tastes like grape juice.
Speaker 2: It's giving hints of me.
Speaker 1: No, it just tastes like grape hints of glacier.
Speaker 6: And I like wine, but I don't really drink red wine.
Speaker 2: Say now I can.
Speaker 1: It takes all the and what kind of red wine you have? This is a cab usually, you know, cab is a big, bold flavor of red wine.
Speaker 5: And it totally the bottle gave me. The bottle totally neutralizes all that. I'll admit this of all the things you're right, is the one that like actually tastes different.
Speaker 2: You really did something with this.
Speaker 5: The headache that you're going to get the next day from this is going to be maybe you're a hydra if you do the zero sugar. I was just thinking of you're adding one a sugar to something that already has lots of sugar in it.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds delicious.
Speaker 1: That's going to be a headache.
Speaker 6: But this one's zero sugar. You're welcome,