Speaker 1: This is the nightcap on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 2: I am Gary Jeff Walker. And if that doesn't impress you, I'm not surprised, but I hope you will stick around for the next three hours of conversation on this Monday night, January thirteenth, twenty twenty five. Yes, I'm getting used to saying it too. Remember that when you write your donation checks, I know there's no donation checks anyway. Tonight, fantastic lineup of guests. It's ladies' night, well at least starting around nine thirty five, because I've got a trio of very smart strong women who are gonna They said that Trump and Trump's supporters, perhaps by os Moses, don't like to hang around with smart strong women. I love hanging around with smart strong women because they can figure things out and they can carry my old butt around if I need them to. I trust them in a fire department situation. Believe you me, any of them. A Savannah Maddox will join us at nine thirty five. Fine representative from the Commonwealth of Kentucky. We also have Elena Barbera, who is known as the based mother. Figure out what that is? All you got to do? Is listen just after ten o'clock tonight. And the other smart strong woman is the co founder of Patriot Mobile. Her name is Lee Walms Gance. She is in North Texas and she has got a whole lot to say about immigration, China, land here in the USA and drones and what we hope what the expectations are for a Trump administration in at least being honest with us about what these drones are. Also, Matt Purple got a new book that's a funny book. I'm told I haven't got a chance to check it out, but we'll talk to Matt about it. It's called Decline from the Top. Doesn't that sound hilarious? Also, Pastor David Scarlett will be here and you know it sports for the out of sorts. The wild Man joins us after wild Card weekend. I guess we still got another game tonight, but yeah, just his thoughts, which are always oh no, they sometimes they're off the rails, sometimes they're right on target. So the wild Man will be joining us here in just a few moments as we get it kicked in the nightcap ready to roll in minutes on seven hundred, WLW.
Speaker 3: Open up our live stream on the iHeartRadio app and take a look at the screen. You see that little red circle with the microphone on it, that's our talkback feature. Push it and send us your thoughts on the current topic, something you think we should discuss, or Ladies, how much you love here in my dreaming man voice. Yeah, the talkback feature. Check it out on seven hundred wlw's live stream on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Run a business and not thinking about podcasting, Think again. More Americans listen to podcasts than AD supported streaming music from Spotify and Pandora, and as the number one podcaster, Iheart's twice as large as the next two combined. So whatever your customers listen to, they'll hear your message. Plus, only iHeart can extend your message to audiences across broadcast radio. Think podcasting can help your business? Think iHeart streaming radio and podcasting called eight four four eight four four iHeart to get started. That's eight four four eight four four iHeart.
Speaker 1: Men, if you're suffering from a rectitle dysfunction or pe proactive men's medical center, We'll get your sex life back in just one visit.
Speaker 5: They're painless breakthrough.
Speaker 6: As I promise.
Speaker 2: Just before we get into Ladies' Night on the night cap. It's a Monday night, and that means we've got a little room here for the wild man himself, sports for the out of sorts, and he's a little bit whanked off again, which doesn't surprise anybody that is known or listened to wild Man Walker over the last thirty or so years. Wild Man, what is the what is the b in your bonnet? What is really burning you up right now?
Speaker 6: Well, now let's start with the positive. The NFL playoff games first there going Yeah, over the.
Speaker 7: Weekend, all the games, you know, all the games were good, but I mean the best game, the best game of the weekend was last night.
Speaker 6: Oh I Washington, Washington.
Speaker 7: And the Tampa Bay Buccaneers twenty three twenty Washington winning their first playoff game in some twenty years. And I thought, if you were watching the game, Gary Jeff, it sounded like there was more Washington fans there than Buccaneer fans.
Speaker 2: They were making a lot of well and it was the one game all weekend where the game was really in doubt all the way.
Speaker 6: True, it was close.
Speaker 2: We had some blowouts this weekend, didn't Yeah.
Speaker 8: We knew that.
Speaker 6: You go ahead.
Speaker 9: Well, let's see go ahead, thirty two to twelve Texans and Chargers.
Speaker 7: That was a big yarner. The only good thing out of that game was Joe Mixing. Great to see him rush for over a one hundred plus yards and touchdown. Then you had you had the joke of the game of the week, the Bills and the Broncos thirty one seven.
Speaker 6: That that was everybody would rather see the Bengals and Bills. But I digress.
Speaker 7: And then he had the Eagles and the Packers that was like twenty two to ten. And then you had the Ravens and the Steelers, and that really was That game was over really in the first half that the Steeler did try to make a comeback end up being twenty eight to fourteen.
Speaker 6: You know a lot of those games too.
Speaker 7: We look at those games and Gary Jeff, but the reason those teams won they had a balanced passing and running game. And the running game in the playoffs that can make the difference. You've got a running game, you could possibly get to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no question about that. But I thought and right now as we speak, the Vikings are taking on the Rams in Arizona because of the wildfires in LA. So we'll see how that all turns out, and that that's the final piece to figure out who's playing where next week. But I'm looking at the second round. This is where I think the playoffs really get tight.
Speaker 6: This is where separates the men from the boys.
Speaker 2: You will see some very intensely close games I'm predicting in round two and and we'll find out if the Chiefs layoff hurt them. I mean, they're they're not going up against the Baltimore Ravens, but the Ravens just look unbelievably tough and they have really the latter half of the season. They look like a team to beat. And to see the Bills. You know what is it, Ravens and Bills next weekend?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Ravens and the Bills in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean that that may determine who wins the super Bowl. You know, totally discounting the NFC, but I'm serious. You want to talk about strength against strength, and I think the Ravens are just a little bit stronger than Buffalo. And it's hard to say that because you've got on both teams, you've got MVP candidate quarterbacks, you've got a running game. You've got a defense on both sides for both teams that can just eat people up. And we saw that this weekend lesser teams, But to see these two Juggernauts going neck and neck next week is going to be especially in Buffalo. Can you believe those crowds in Buffalo. You know, Darryl Parks, who used to be our program director here is from the Buffalo area. He's he's living there again. He's back in Buffalo. He goes to every Bills home game, and I communicate him with them by text, uh from time to time, and I did again after the game and just going well on to round two, stay tuned, and he was like, yeah, we're ready for whatever happens. Buffalo's Buffalo to me seems like a logical choice. But then it's hard to beat that one two tandem of you're talking about, uh, you know Lamar Jackson and Derek Henry. Yeah, Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry. And then you got Sequon Barkley for the Eagles. So I mean, there's a lot of power in the NFC, but the AFC, I think, is where you're going to see the Super Bowl champion, Yes or no?
Speaker 6: I don't know about that, because I really like the Detroit Lions. I really do.
Speaker 7: And I hate to say this, the ruin the rant on the Commander's Parade, but they're there. They're run, They're run towards UH And the playoffs is going to end next week in Detroit. I mean, you talk about a place that's going to be fired up to go into. I want to go back to the Buffalo Ravens game. Home Field advantage means a lot in the playoffs, and that's one thing that the Bills have. The Ravens are gonna have to fight through that.
Speaker 9: I doubt if they have very few Ravens fans in Buffalo, if they even they dared even to enter that place. But that might be the best game next weekend. But the Lions they're waiting, they've been waiting for this. They learned their less than last year. You know, you know a lot of teams have to lose one. Who's a tough game to you know, get back on the path that Dan Campbell is not going to screw things up up there in Detroit.
Speaker 6: They they'll take care of Washington.
Speaker 2: Do you think that the Texans are going to mount a good challenge to Kansas City and week in next week's games.
Speaker 6: No going to Kansas City. No, no, not no.
Speaker 7: It might be close in the first half, but in the end that the Chiefs will win that game.
Speaker 6: The Chiefs will win that game.
Speaker 2: So you said you were upset about the Orange Bowl. What upset you about the Orange Bowl? O?
Speaker 9: You said you have a case of the asks the arms Still I'm still steaming there.
Speaker 7: I mean love.
Speaker 9: I'd love the Notre Dame one because They're gonna play Ohio State and I'll be cheering so hard for the Irish to knock off Ohio State.
Speaker 6: To win the National championship.
Speaker 9: But following the game, following the game, garay jef, I don't interrupt me here. But following the game, ESPN reporter that dupus bimbo Molly McGrath maybe she maybe, maybe she had orders to ask this question, but she asked Notre Dame coach Marcus Freeman, or what are your thoughts of being the first black head coach to play.
Speaker 6: In a National championship game? And Marcus Freeman did the great thing.
Speaker 7: He took you pause for about five seconds and then said, really, you know this, this has nothing to do and I'm glad we're here and he coached it would want to play. Why are they going to bring up race? What is the ESPN's thing about bringing up race every week?
Speaker 6: The hell every time McGrath.
Speaker 9: If by McGrath had any scruples or any integrity, she would have said no, I'm not asking that question.
Speaker 6: But she went to keep her job. And if you watch that interview, she kept looking at her.
Speaker 7: Phone while he was talking, so they were either sending her messages.
Speaker 9: But that has no place in football. That is no place anywhere in sports. Bringing up something stupid in the Audit is stupid by that woman.
Speaker 10: Number one.
Speaker 6: She has no integrity. And ESPNT what are their ratings? Sucks so bad?
Speaker 2: Well does somebody? As you mentioned, we're feeding her questions? What is the deal? Where? Why do you even belong interviewing coaches or players If you can't ask your own questions, if you've got to be fed them through an IFB or through your phone, you know what I mean. They don't trust her to ask her own questions. They don't trust her to ask the pertinent questions, but they entrust her with a phone so she can see the woke questions that somebody wants them to ask. You've got a bunch of young gun that.
Speaker 7: Is bush that's really bush league that you can't ask your own questions. Like I said, integrity to go along with that, she has none, And I hope I run into her somewhere down the line.
Speaker 2: All you got to look is, look is what they did with Sage Steel when she disagreed with men playing in women's sports and they let her go. They fired her because over this, And this is ESPN as a culture, Disney as a culture is so woke at the corporate top, that's all they cint They concentrate on the things that divide us instead of the things that unite us. In sports are supposed to unite us, not separate us into race groups or gender groups or any other groups. We're just fans. We just want to see a good game, wild man.
Speaker 6: It's a part of our earth day life, you know.
Speaker 7: And to bring in something from the outside and bring that kind of crap up and kind of supposed to be a release from me every day, you know, the burdens of the work, work, world, whatever, and to bring that up, I has no business whatsoever. I was so steemed if I have been Elvis out of shot a hole in the TV.
Speaker 2: It might wild Man, it might have been a valid question in nineteen sixty four or sixty five. We're talking about sixty years on. You don't need to separate us by skin pigmentation. And the left do it over and over and over again in ESPN is one of the leading symptoms of that disease as a media entity, and they do it all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeaman, you're right. His answer was class all the way.
Speaker 2: His answer was perfect, Jenny. I think I think that any coach should be excited, white, black, or any other coach would be excited to be in this position. And he's he's right.
Speaker 7: And by the way, in ESPN, by the way, drop the ball because Marcus Freeman is Asian, He's.
Speaker 2: Not black, he's Asian. Well, then they see it characteristics and obviously you fit into some group and must check some box, wild man, just like they just like they tried to sell us that Kamala Harris was black when she was Jamaican an Indian not either. Uh so.
Speaker 6: Eight day you get out? Did you see her at the funeral for Jimmy Carter?
Speaker 2: Being totally ignored, Being totally ignored, by everybody else and just sitting there in the chairs, steaming, going, I can't wait to get out of here.
Speaker 6: Put these cameras on me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And she looked behind us, old Trump and Obama cracking jokes.
Speaker 6: That look on her face. It looks good kill all that was pless.
Speaker 2: It was indeed, it was indeed, all right, wild man, Let's ask uh, Let's ask you about the Bengals going forward. Lou Anaerumo and that whole coaching block is gone. Zach Taylor's still there. This is Zach Taylor's year. Either they get it together. Either they I think if they Bengals don't start the season three and oh Zach is gone, what do you think do you think they'll pull the trigger that quickly?
Speaker 9: That's a valid question there, because Zach Taylor's record is stinks, stinks to begin the season. The last three four years they've they've started out, they've started out terrible. Zach Taylor is on the hot seat, I believe, because he's claiming this was his decision to get rid of the defensive coaches.
Speaker 6: And he got rid of two more yesterday.
Speaker 7: If you're if you're not aware of that, So they got rid of two more coaches Mark Duffener and Louis Chophi who had been around there for so long.
Speaker 9: Uh, just I think just be taking a paycheck. So they've cleaned their they've cleaned house. I don't know who they're going to bring in.
Speaker 6: I have no idea. Uh, it's up to Zach Taylor to decide what he wants.
Speaker 9: It's a good job to have considering, especially if the Bengals have the brains to re sign t Higgins and hopefully keeping Joseki around, because there's the way to get around them. There's a way to get around the salary capain Jerry Jeff Let's not forol anybody the other teams do it.
Speaker 6: And Mike Brown I hate to bring this up.
Speaker 9: He's not getting any younger, so somebody needs to get to him to say, Mike, you know, we'd love to get your Super Bowl championship, but you got to loosen the purse strings. And what are the Bengals worths? Nine billion dollars something like that. They've got the money, they've got the money.
Speaker 2: Well, wisely, just signing players and spending the money doesn't always get it done. I E. Dallas, Jerry Jones right, got plenty of money, spreads it around, but it doesn't equal w's well.
Speaker 7: Speaking of Dallas Cowboys, Mike McCarthy couldn't have come to the agreement.
Speaker 6: On a contract. So now the job's open.
Speaker 7: And couldn't we see because he has made comments about it, the one, the only Deon Sanders going there to be the head coach.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I don't know if Neon Dion has has the chops yet. I mean, just a few years of college coaching. Yeah, he's been successful. He's obviously a Dallas Cowboy through and through. And you know, speaking of Homer choices for coaches, how about Mike Vrabel going back to New England Patriots.
Speaker 9: This is I thought that was a great I was a great move by the Patriots.
Speaker 2: He's he just got to entered into the their their Ring of Honor, their personal Patriots Hall of Fame. He's part of their Super Bowl runs. And I think this is what held him back the whole time at Tennessee, because he wasn't as committed to that job as he will be the Patriots job, I believe.
Speaker 9: Oh, he's well respected to around the NFL. And the Patriots didn't waste any didn't waste any time back to back to Dion real quick, that's a that's a you know, if he decided to take that job, that is such a huge step because now you're dealing with multimillion dollar athletes, not college kids. And I've heard Dion say time and time again that he loves it in Colorado. So you know, let's let's uh, we'll play. We'll play the game of waiting to see what they what's going to go on down.
Speaker 2: In the Big d. Anything else on your radar as we exit this Monday night, I got a couple of minutes left the wild Man. You have a soapbox, please use it to preach.
Speaker 9: Oh well, opening days not that far away, and Spring training is like like less than thirty days away for the Reds. Report in the lovely Goodyear, Arizona.
Speaker 6: Out the Good Year.
Speaker 2: No, I've never been out to good Year.
Speaker 7: It's in the middle of nowhere. There's nothing to do, there's no night life whatsoever. I'm still pissed that the Bengals, i mean, the Reds love Sarasota.
Speaker 6: They should be in Sarasota, Florida. They really should.
Speaker 9: It's hard for the average Reds fan to go out to good Year Arizona cost them an arm in a leg, and you're first born if you want to go out to Good Year Arizona to take in his Red spring training games when you can just drove down to Sarasota. I'm still mad that the reg left Sarasota. They didn't want to vote on the stadium. It's set vacant for a year. Then the city fathers go oh oh.
Speaker 7: Or tourist money. We don't have any tourists money. So what do they do. They go out and build a new stadium, and the Baltimore Oriols jump in there and take and take that stadium where the Reds should still be in Sarazota. But I never mind. I'm still mad about that. I've been out the Good Year three different times.
Speaker 6: Oh so you have you have been though?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: I went out there on the Company Dime into the first year that they were there, and then I went out on another year with my son for his twenty first birthday because we went to Vegas. Then we went the Goodyear, and then I went out on another time on the WEBN Dime where we did a road trip in the car across the cross country. So I've been out there three different three three four times. Yeah, I've been out there four times. I was right there.
Speaker 6: I there before COVID hit though, before COVID hit Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I got to ask you. Who was in the car with you on the trip out to Goodyear, Arizona from WEBN. Who did you share that ride with? Wild Man?
Speaker 7: It was just me and my son. We were blogging and doing reports all out there.
Speaker 6: Just me and my son.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought, and his brand new and his brand new Mustang.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe you had dolphin or Eddy fingers in the trunk.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't go anywhere with dolphin. Are you kidding that? He's too That's too big time. He wouldn't do it. No, that is too big time.
Speaker 2: All right? Uh well, wild Man as always interesting conversation.
Speaker 6: Uh well, she should be in Sarrizota. Dammit.
Speaker 2: We'll see who wins the Vikings Rams game, which is being played right now as we speak, and get that final matchup for next week's round of playoffs in the National Football League. And I'm I hate to be great. I hate to tell you this because I know it's going to infuriate you, but I think a week from tonight, Notre Dame will be losing to Ohio State. I'm sorry, based on what, based on the eye test, based on what.
Speaker 7: Because they said Texas should have beat him.
Speaker 6: That stupid play.
Speaker 7: Call by the Texas coach.
Speaker 6: The second down in golds run and play. They called, my god, the guy was ten yards behind him.
Speaker 2: The only, the only reason, the only reason Notre Dame one was the stupid past in the down the middle.
Speaker 6: Well they had to throw the ball anyway at that time.
Speaker 2: It was a stupid pass that Notre Dame intercepted, and then they went and scored the winning field goals.
Speaker 6: So I'm taking.
Speaker 5: I'm taking.
Speaker 6: I'm taking the Irish. I'm taking the Irish.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe maybe a week from tomorrow, on the twenty first, we'll compare notes.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, yeah, we'll definitely compare notes.
Speaker 2: All right, we went, Thank you, buddy wild Man Walker on the night Cap. Ladies Night begins next with Miss Savannah Maddics.
Speaker 12: News, traffic and weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: The arrival of Steve Gerder's marks a big moment for ONGOLEI bridgework with the nine thirty report, I'm Sean Gallagher breaking Now it's a big week for repairs that are currently being done on the I four seventy one bridge.
Speaker 1: Iron workers in bucket trucks putting into place the first of the new girders that were custom made for the Big Mack Bridge. This worked the first step in rebuilding the bridge, heavily damaged by fire two months ago. Demolition work to remove the beams was completed weeks ago, and they've just been waiting for the fabrication work on the new beams to be complete. Oldad says they're on target for a reopening by mid March. I'm Brian Colmbs's Radio seven Wow.
Speaker 13: Now the latest traffic and weather together and right now taking a look at the major interstates and highways.
Speaker 5: No new reported accidents.
Speaker 12: Now the latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on News Radio seven hundred wl DO.
Speaker 14: Tonight, mostly cloudy. We'll see a morning low of twelve degrees. As for our Tuesday, light snow at times, breezy, dusting your little bit more, a high of twenty three at night, gradual clearing and we're down to four but feeling like below zero. From your Severe Weather Station A nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Clearing currently twenty degrees as crews continue to battle wildfires in southern California, with another round of severe Santa Anita wins in the forecasts. Charges have now been filed against those accused of breaking into homes that were evacuated.
Speaker 15: After the arrests of dozens of people for looting, burglary, curfew violations, and other crimes, LA County District Attorney Nathan Hawkman announcing charges against nine suspects accused mostly of trying to burglarise evacuated homes, and one person accused of arson for a small fire unrelated to the Palisades or Eaten fires.
Speaker 16: The question is not if, but when you will be caught if you engage in these crimes.
Speaker 15: One crew is accused of taking two hundred thousand dollars worth of items from an evacuated home atle like Stone, ABC News Los Angele.
Speaker 13: Twenty four people have died as a result of the wildfires, or officials worried that the number will continue to rise. A man has entered a guilty plane connection to a fatal crash that took place back in December twenty twenty three on the Clayway Bailey Bridge. Keishaun Compton entered into a plea deal in a single count of a hicular homicide, a first degree misdemeanor. This after he originally faced eight counts of a hiccular manslaughter. Compton was traveling north on the bridge and tried to pass another vehicle in the central lane, but at the time it had a red X indicator, which meant northbound traffic was not allowed to use that lane. This led to Compton kalidney head on with a southbound vehicle driven by twenty five year old John Pinkerton, who died after arriving to UC Medical Center. Two other people were injured, as Compton and a passenger in his vehicle also required hospitalization. Compton not facing up to one hundred and eighty days in jail when he sentenced. February thirteenth. College basketball Kentucky dropping two spots to number eight and the new A People Opera. The new number one is Tennessee falls five spots to number six. Xavier will host Villanova on Tuesday night, with tip off at six point thirty here on the Big One. Coverage will start us after six The last NFL Wildcard game being played tonight as the Rams host the Vikings in Air, Arizona. The game moved due to the Southern California wildfires, and right now, with just over a minute left until halftime, it's the Rams leading the Vikings seventeen to three. Our next update is at ten o'clock. I'm Sean Galviagher News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Millions of America.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, if you.
Speaker 2: Hear any noise, ain't the boys. It's Ladies' night for the next hour and a half. When the Nightcap a little cool in the gang never hurt anybody. In fact, President Trump could use this instead of YMCA. Maybe do the same dance Gary, Jeff and welcoming in this next guest, the first of our trio of smart, strong women on the Nightcap tonight is Representative from the Commonwealth of Kentucky. She is a state representative, there has been and she proudly represents.
Speaker 6: Is it the.
Speaker 2: Sixty first district?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 2: Yes, see, I remembered Savannah Maddox is joining us once again. I've always enjoyed our conversation Savannah and tonight, especially it's the first Monday night of the new year with new shows and to have you on it just it makes my day and my night.
Speaker 6: So thanks.
Speaker 8: It is an absolute privilege to be on with you.
Speaker 2: It's great to have you back though, and happy New Year.
Speaker 8: Number one, thank you you as well.
Speaker 2: So and the new year means a new legislative session in Frankfort. It has begun and there's all kinds of craziness already being brought up, and not just by Democrats, to talk about some of that. Let's go ahead, Savannah, what have you seen so far in this early legislative session? What do you know? What's what bills are going to be talked about? What are you concerned about? What are you in favor of that? All of that stuff as we begin the new session.
Speaker 13: So far, the.
Speaker 8: Recurren theme that I am seeing is that legislators are filing more bills to lower taxes, adjust taxes, things of that nature. The only vote that we have taken so far, the only substantive vote other than rules and convening in things of that nature, is to lower the income tax rate from four percent to three point five percent. So that's what we've done so far. Several of us in Northern Kentucky were supportive of an amendment that would have taken that income tax down a full percent every year moving forward until we eventually reached zero, because that has been the goal, the state goal of the Republican supermajorities to eliminate the income tax. But unfortunately that amendment was ruled out of order, so we weren't able to accomplish that.
Speaker 16: But.
Speaker 6: Ruled out of order. Who ruled it out of order?
Speaker 8: The Speaker of the House ruled it out of order. So but the good news is this, when we come back, I think that we're going to see similar efforts over in the state.
Speaker 17: Senate to do just that.
Speaker 2: Wow, and the Speaker of the House happens to be a Republican.
Speaker 6: Correct, Yes, Yes, what is the speaker's name?
Speaker 8: I'm just curious, Speaker Born, what's that speaker David Osborne?
Speaker 2: Oh, speaker David Osborne. I think it's important that the voter know who the speaker is is ruling an amendment to eliminate the income tax in Kentucky is out of order. No, that is all good news though, as far as reducing taxes or adjusting taxes, so it makes it a little bit more palatable for the taxpayer to live and work in Kentucky. I'll get that. But there are in every legislative session, Savannah, and you know this better than I do, there are always some kind of crazy government control bills of foot and rumors of them, and surveillance bills. And you know, people forget sadly that we have a governor that actually wanted to keep you out of church in the name of public safety and was having sheriff's deputies reporting license plate numbers of people who violated his dictates in his order. People have a very very short memory. I can't believe that the Teachers' union alone could re elect Andy Basher, and yet it happened. But have you heard about any any kind of anti anti republic bills that are alive or maybe rumored to be brought up but maybe by the Democrat legislator.
Speaker 8: So the way that the thirty day session works is that we go in for just one week and then we take this pretty substantial break before part two obsessions. So there have only been four legislative days and in that first week, you know, it's kind of a honeymoon period of session, if you will. And so much as a lot of that nanny state garbage really starts to come when we get back. I mean, we have the normal bills that Democrats have filed that are, you know, in my opinion, objectionable. But for the most part, the types of bills that you're talking about that I'm going to soon be squawking about will come out in early February in all likelihood, and you know, I remain ever vigilant, but to be honest with you, I'm still kind of trying to fix some of the things that occurred last year, and in particular the situation where the Kentucky General Assembly banned e cigarette vap products and it's caused colossal damage to Kentucky's small businesses. I mean, hundreds of businesses have been put out of business, thousands of jobs, and we're talking about sixty three million estimated impact in terms of revenue that the states just leaving on the table because of what I view as the overreach of government. So I have legislation, how still sixty two and sixty three. One would suspend that law that they have passed and the other would outright repeal it. That's the one I'm hoping for. But you know, again, I don't think that it's the appropriate role of government to pick winners and losers like we have seen with that legislation, and I'm going to keep fighting for that in northern Kentucky across the Commonwealth, there are a lot of people who are upset because I don't vape, I don't smoke, I don't do any of those things. But I also don't want a corrupt nanny state government to pick winners and losers in the free market.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's one thing to tell people what you know, the scientific facts about what's harmful you, harmful for you, or what is good for you. It's quite another thing to legislate that. And that's what you're talking about with the nanny state stuff, Savannah. And I got to think that there's still a very strong tobacco lobby in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and those people absolutely would be against vaping because it cuts into their business. Do you find that the tobacco lobby has the ear of legislators in those counties where tobacco has always been king or been king for a long time. Obviously, tobacco has been vilified and been pointed out to be a health hazard, but I don't see any moves to ban the sale of cigarettes.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, and that is why the shield is covered. That many legislators chose last session to vote on this bill being harm reduction, it's such a farce. The big tobacco lobbyists pen over five hundred thousand dollars pushing for this bill, which is something that I put out there in the open for the public and also in the context of a floor speech, I made it abundantly clear that no matter what the sponsor of this bill was saying, this was going to ban all of these products that people are purchasing and put these small businesses out of business. And that's exactly what happened. And you know, to your point about harm reduction and the nanny state overreach, you know, the appropriate role of government, whether it's COVID or whether it's any of these other instances, is to provide accurate, up to date information. It's not to ban things. And that's where I take issue because I've never had a problem with the tobacco industry or any industry. These are choices that people are making, and again, up to date accurate information, not banning. But I still don't like the premise of lobbyists being able to come in and you know, create a situation where there are winners and losers by virtue of using the force of government and the General Assembly, no.
Speaker 2: Doubt about it. Talking to Savannah Mannics on Ladies' Night at least until eleven o'clock on the Nightcap, I mean, ladies can listen. After eleven o'clock. Our guests just won't be women. So Savannah, if you will sit tight, we'll come back and talk about some more stuff, and you know, including the marijuana initiatives in Kentucky as we get into the twenty twenty five legislative session in the Commonwealth where I live. It's the Nightcap and we continue with Savannah Matticks in just a moment on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Meanwhile, in the intented Forest, the princess holds a ceremony and Sir Racky.
Speaker 5: Why, thank you, your majesty. This is quite the armor.
Speaker 15: Now off you go.
Speaker 5: Well this is it? You mean, we don't get a castle or anything.
Speaker 18: What you get is to go back to the radio station and entertain your millions of listeners.
Speaker 2: See oh body beat it.
Speaker 6: Well that's one cranky princess.
Speaker 5: I heard that. Buster Edy and Rocky give your day a fairy Tale and Eddie.
Speaker 19: And Rock Tomorrow afternoon at three on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: O'm a Ladies' night night cap. Gary Jeff Here on seven hundred WLW. No reduced drink prices. In fact, we don't have drinks at all because it's the radio and we don't have a license. But hey, if we did, Savannah, you'd be getting three for one. I guarantee. We want to go back to the Kentucky legislative session and stuff that's already been instituted, like medicinal marijuana in Kentucky. This is something that a lot of people lobbied for and campaign for petition for for a long long time, especially since Ohio now has medicinal recreational there's weed everywhere just across the river. Do you think, just personally, is this something that is late incoming for the commonwealth or do you think it's been done judiciously and trying to see all the facts that are in front of us. Just how do you feel about medicinal marijuana and will they ever get it straightened out? Because it's taken some time to institute.
Speaker 8: That's the thing. The implementation of this program has been nebulous at best, and I have received a multitude of complaints from people who filed for a license and paid a fee, and there have been and you know, to be clear, I have not been intimately involved with that process, because once it leaves the legislatures in it becomes an administrative function. You know, some might use the word bureaucratic function. But long story short, Kentuckians were overwhelmingly clear that although there was some opposition, and without a doubt strong opposition, but for the most part, Kentuckians were overwhelmingly clear that they wanted to enact medicinal marijuana. But one of the concerns that legislators had at that time about the legislation is that it created barriers and a lot of hoops to jump through, and I think we're seeing that in real time. And of course, we had a bill last session that allowed county governments to decide whether or not their county would participate in the program. So that actually added an additional layer, an additional barrier kind of to overcome for some of these areas. So I think it'll be interesting to see if any tweaks are made to that policy this session or what that looks like. I have not yet heard anything along those lines, but that remains to be seen.
Speaker 2: Well, shouldn't it be a community standards issue instead of a state issue anyway? Should in towns and communities decide with the people who live there decide whether they're going to allow this or not. I mean, it's kind of like the states and federal law, where you know, the federal laws is one thing, but each individual state. You know, the Dobbs decision when it came to abortion, gave that issue back to the states, and locally people decide in their area and their neighborhood and their town and their county whether or not they're going to allow something that heretofore has been illegal, or you know, a social topic that has not agreed upon by all. Do you see what I'm saying. I understand why you would want a chance to opt out.
Speaker 8: Sure, well, And it's funny. One of the bigger conundrums of my time serving an office is that in Frankfort's local control that they will often say local control's best until it isn't, meaning that they pretty well decide.
Speaker 17: They'll use the.
Speaker 8: Argument of local control when they don't want to take action on something and don't want to take that hard vote, but any other time they are perfectly willing to march in and take control from counties on issues that certainly should be at the county and local level. But the issue of medicinal marijuana is particularly interesting because yes, I would agree with you on the premise of local control, but we still have this question of federal control on this issue as well, so that becomes a little bit more complicated. But you know, I do think that Kentucky is on track to get a program role out that will be beneficial. It's just going to take some time. I mean, I think we can both think of a program that's been under ray for several years that isn't really on track or doesn't seem to be working out well. And I'm of course talking about the real id implementation in the regional offices that I kind of liken that to this circumstance. If anytime that we pass a bill and we kind of put it over to administrative control within a cabinet, there's gonna usually be some follow up work on that to hopefully improve it.
Speaker 2: Somebody told me, and they're an individual rights kind of person, you know, sovereign kind of individual person, and they told me that the real ID, they cannot keep you from getting on a plane. Yeah, I think they told me you got like three strikes and then they'll crack down on it. But supposedly, what may first twenty twenty five, you can't hop on a plane in Kentucky unless you've got this real ID. Let's talk about that and talk about I don't know. I have great problems with this myself. Thankfully, I don't fly very often. And you know, especially when you've cut illegal immigrants being flown all across the country with no ID whatsoever at their whim by our tax dollars, and you're going to make me, as an American citizen, jump through all these hoops just to have this ID that says I can get on a plane. To me, this is utterly ridiculous, Savannah.
Speaker 8: It is utterly ridiculous. And it goes back to a knee jerk reaction all the way twenty years ago in two thousand and five, after nine to eleven, where the federal government decided that they needed to clamp down on, you know, law abiding citizens and make us jump through all these hoops. But it took twenty years to get all of the states on board, and there were many holdouts. Kentucky with the holdout for a long time under governor by then he held out and held out and finally relented. But in Kentucky, we had previously administered the driver's license program through the administrative Office of the Court, i e. Your circuit clerks, right.
Speaker 20: So what they did they took.
Speaker 8: That out from under the circuit clerks because they tried a pilot program of issuing these real IDs, and in excuse me, Fayette and Woodford Counties, that pilot program purportedly was unsuccessful.
Speaker 17: So they took it out.
Speaker 8: From under them, and they created these regional offices, and that out in eastern Kentucky, for example, folks were having to drive three hours just to renew their driver's license, and you know, in some of the rural counties, they're having to drive pretty far. I mean, I'm fortunate that I've got Burlington and Independence not too far away, you know, here in the sixty first House district. But it has been difficult and for people to get appointments, and I was able to get an appointment pretty easily and get through, but not everybody wants this real idea. And I would like to remind folks that they can still get a standard issue driver's license, but that is not going to be sufficient, like you said, to get on an airplane or to go into certain types of federal buildings. But you can use a passport to do that if you choose not to have your driver's license have the chip. And that's what I'm going to elect to do, is to use the passport instead of the driver's license, because I just would prefer a standard one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, that's again, that's quite a hoop to jump through for if you don't have a passport already. You have to provide the same kind of information basically that you have to provide for a real ID. I just find it, say it's a great invasion of my privacy personally, but that's me also generally, I agree. January first, just twelve days ago, you have to complete a vision test to get a driver's license in Kentucky. Now, Savannah, mind you. I will tell tell you that I see people every day with Kentucky tags who obviously can't see. So I think that it's a good thing that you prove you can actually see to drive. Okay, let's but are these driver's license centers, the courthouses and the like where you can get a vision screening test. Right there are they also going to open up in America's best office so you can get the cheap glasses you need if you need them to pass your test. This is what I want to know that.
Speaker 8: That's one of the big problems with that I have with that bill. I actually voted no on that. I agree with you, people need to see when they get behind the wheel.
Speaker 21: But if you.
Speaker 8: Look at these statistics from the National Highway Foundation, I didn't say that right, I didn't give you the right accident racornym for that. But long story short, if you look at that data is not even listed among the top causes of motor vehicle accidents National Highway Safety. There, I got it anyhow, it's not even listed. So the idea though, of implementing that at a time whenever we're already having problems with these regional offices. And one of the things that they had said about the regional offices is oh, you can renew online. Well, with a vision screen you're not going to be able to do that anymore. Frankly, you know, making folks do stuff online or presenting that as a side option. You know, it may be good for some people, but there are a lot of folks, particularly the older folks in our community, are people who choose not to conduct business on the internet. You know, they need to be able to go to an in person location that's not super far. But you know, I worry about that as well with that implementation, and even at one point, I remember when that bill was being lobbied, the optomologists and the optometrists initially had a problem with it because you are giving folks a false and security about their vision health by you know, them thinking that, oh, I took this vision screening, so I'm good when they're a if other conditions, I'm obviously not a position. But there are other conditions that your optometrist screams for that aren't going to show up on that standard vision screening. So yeah, I wasn't for that. But hey, we will agree that you definitely should be able to see well before operating a motor vehicle. We will agree there.
Speaker 2: Well, and you should be able to pay attention if I see somebody else and I will probably on my way home tonight holding up their phone while they're driving down the interstate and switching lanes. There have been times, Savannah, I wanted to pull them right over and make a citizens to rest. But thank you so much for being part of our little Ladies Night here, and thank you so much. I hope it will have many more chances to talk in the new year.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: You bet it, oh well, Savana Mattis. We continue in moments on Ladies' Night with Elena Barbera on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: A big step forward in bridge repairs with the ten o'clock report on Sean Gallagher breaking. Now the first steel girders being put in place by iron workers today, with more to arrive this week. Kathleen full of the Dodds says it's an important part of the process to fix the I for seventy one bridge, as the most crucial step is being the pouring of the concrete deck, which could be tricky during the cold months.
Speaker 22: Especially with doing concrete deck purse. We never do those in the winter months. We only do those during, you know, typically the warm weather months. So our contractor's great Lex Construction, They've got a great plan in place that we hope that will work, that they can actually pour the concrete in these colder temperatures.
Speaker 13: All are at it that their timeline for reopening the southbound lanes Big Backbridge continues to be mid March. This following the fire back in November which shut them down, and she's hoping the weather cooperates as the winter months continue. Now the latest traffic and weather together right now, taking the look at the major interstates and highways.
Speaker 5: No new reported accidents.
Speaker 3: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advance Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist.
Speaker 5: Done.
Speaker 14: On the way to our Tuesday morning, we're clouding up and we'll see a morning low of twelve our Tuesday, then some snow showers at midday, a dusting or a bit more high to twenty three at night, clearing out late and a low down to four. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning, Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawleigh, News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Clear skies and currently eighteen degrees and with plummeting temperatures, it means homeless shelters will be busy.
Speaker 16: Would be another record setter tonight and tomorrow night combined for the Shelter House here in Queensgate and their Women's shelter over on Redding Road.
Speaker 23: A couple of years ago, the highest number on any one night between both facilities that we ever served was four hundred and four people. Well, last night we supassed that we had four hundred and eleven folks.
Speaker 16: Arlene Nolan is the executive director here, says if you'd like to help, they need men's sweatpants and underwear and money. Check the shelter House website from Queensgate. I'm Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred WL double.
Speaker 13: In southern California, cruis are trying to contain wildfires as a new wind warning has been issued.
Speaker 18: We've got thirty six hours of what will be an urgent situation again in California. It is different than what happened last week.
Speaker 20: It's a little.
Speaker 18: Less but still the type that can take down trees and power lines, and they've got this upper level support speeding up the Santana wins and making it even bigger.
Speaker 13: ABC News meteorologists Ginger Z the reds have decided to return to their old regional sports network for TV broadcasts. Major League Baseball was going to produce a distribute games for the twenty twenty five season, but the Reds have entered into a one year agreement with Vandals Sports Network formerly known as Bally Sports. Of course, all one hundred and sixty two games could be heard right here on the Red Slagship station news Radio seven hundred WLW. NFL Playoffs final Wildcard game tonight taking place as the Rams are currently leading the Vikings twenty four to three in the early stages of the third quarter. The game being played in Arizona due to the wildfires in southern California. Our next update is ten thirty. I'm Saan Galbager, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: This reporter is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 24: It only takes one power outage to turn comforts to chaos. Don't let the lights go out in your life.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW. Garry, Jeff and I've been waiting for this conversation. I had to actually I don't know what happened. Then you were going to have her last week and had to put it off. But it is a conversation that needs to be had whenever it can be had, as germane to America, to its children, to its parents, to its citizens, to its future. And that is all of the money that has been spent on DEI by the government in education. You know, you hear about DEI and how the big corporations are not They're firing all of their DEI hires because they realize that it's a road to nowhere. Is the federal government so slow on the uptake that they can't see what the trend is and what the people actually want. They should since the election of November fifth, understand that the woke go broke, the DEI should be doa mentality is here in America. Among us finally, a majority of people have had enough. And along with that the pushing of porn in America's classlassrooms in public schools in many, many states. More than I even imagined that. Its shocked me to find out that there as many as thirty nine states in the country that allowed basically what anyone would call porn in their children's classrooms. This is a psychological pedophilia in my mind that has been perpetrated in part by the federal government, and it's time to end. And toward that end, our guest is Elena Barbera, also known as the Based Mother, a leading advocate for parental rights and anti grooming, a Christian mom, an author, a documentary filmmaker. The documentary film is called American Groomer, and you can see Elena in that as she narrates with other guests from groups like Gays Against Groomers and other people who are concerned about not just this nonsense, but at this anti human, anti American kind of push that has been going on now for far too long. Elena Barbera, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 17: I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 11: So yeah, this push that you're talking about that's happening to our children, I mean, I don't even know where to begin when you're talking about the DEI and the pornography and the transgender ideology, teaching children to hate themselves at every level. Hate yourself if you're white, hate yourself if you're black, because you're being oppressed, and also hate the oppressor. Then hate the body you're born in. Distrust your parents because they may have assigned you the wrong sex at birth, and they or when they assigned your sex at birth, they assigned you the wrong gender. So don't trust them. You know, come talk to your teachers. You can keep secrets with strangers, and it's good to do that, to keep secrets from your parents, because they don't really unders stand you. I mean, hate America. It just goes on and on, like it's just this massive indoctrination machine.
Speaker 17: And how does the American, average American fight it.
Speaker 6: Well, I feel like we are.
Speaker 2: We have turned a corner a little bit just in the last six months to a year because of people like you, and because you know, groups like yours are getting the message out and people are understanding and they're shocked to find out. I'm not a parent, so I don't have any little boy or little girl coming to me and go, Danny, this is what they're teaching us in school. But I know that it's going on, and it just even though I'm not a parent. You and I were talking, Elena, it still should matter a great deal to me as an American citizen, as a taxpayer, that my tax dollars have been going to this nonsense, the DEI crap. Now by by almost a billion dollars in grants according to the figures I've seen on DEI based education grants, millions in Minnesota. No surprise that they picked Tim Walls as their vice presidential candidate. Who who believes in tampo and tampons and boys' bathrooms the Department of Justice. Now, now, what the hell does the Department of Justice have to do pardon my language, in spending one hundred million dollars plus pushing DEI and what they call restorative justice in our classrooms. I thought the Department of Justice was about upholding the rule of law in the country. I guess I was wrong.
Speaker 11: So they have this little piece of their missions of their Mission States statement where they talk about, you know, upholding civil rights.
Speaker 17: So what you know, this whole DEI.
Speaker 11: Thing, a lot of it is saying that people are, you know, their rights are in jeopardy, which is an absolute lie. Every American citizen has every right that they could possibly want or need on the you know, to live for one hundred years and in the pursuit of happiness, and so it's a lie right there. So now the Department of Justice has these departments within them which is all about DEI and try, and you know, state sanctioned discrimination, which is all it really is.
Speaker 17: And so you know, they.
Speaker 11: Take their lies and then they're yous twisting that civil rights angle to make it seem like children's rights are being violated and they need to teach them about it. And that's the only line that can be drawn to why the DOJ would be doing this. If they got rid of their crazy DEI department, they would have no connection to this whatsoever.
Speaker 17: It's very disturbing.
Speaker 2: Well, I would I would think as a parent, as a loving parent, you would want your children to have reinforce values that you teach in them the home, that would tell them to be proud and strong and not ashamed and weak. And that's as you mentioned, that's what DEI and CRT teaches, is that because you are white, or because you are black, or because you came from this ethnicity or this family or that family, that you are either somehow an oppressor or a victim. And this whole specter of victimology that's been pushed is only being pushed, in my opinion, to further divide us. And it's divide and conquer. It is Marxist, it is evil, it's what every communist totalitarian state does to a otherwise free state or country, a free republic like ours.
Speaker 6: It's all about.
Speaker 2: Dividing us and driving us apart. And most importantly and most sadly, it's about poisoning the future of a culture. It's about poisoning the next generation to tell them that the way you were born that doesn't matter, that can that can be changed. That's fluid, which is scientifically and spiritually a lie, as you mentioned.
Speaker 17: And it's just science fiction, is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's total science fiction. Or because you have white pigmented skin, somehow you are responsible. You yourself as an individual, are responsible for the hardships and the oppression of others. Again, total lies, totally done to drive wedges between people. When this country was built on individual rights and individual freedoms and and not not this group think and not these divisive kind of poly that have been pushed.
Speaker 6: How do we combat all that?
Speaker 11: Well, first, this is you know, one of the things that I'm trying to do is spread awareness about what's happening to our children. And people are in either in denial that it's happening, or they will say it maybe happening in a blue state somewhere, but that's certainly not happening here, which is absolute nonsense. Or they'll say something like, well, I don't have kids, so it's not my problem.
Speaker 17: So, you know, even if it is happening, And to all of.
Speaker 11: That, I say, first of all, this is happening in red states and blue states, in all fifty states actually, so it is legal to show pornography to children in schools and libraries in close to forty.
Speaker 17: States right now.
Speaker 11: But even in the states, which is a mind blowing statement that I can't believe is true, but it is.
Speaker 17: And then there's you know, even in the states where it's not legal, it's still.
Speaker 11: Happening because no one is stopping is coming out and stopping it.
Speaker 17: No prosecute or sheriffs are.
Speaker 11: Stopping it because they don't want to be called bigots and transphobes and racists, because they'll put pornography under you know, they'll wrap it in some you know, gender identity story and if you if you protest the pornography part of it, it's just that you're a transphobed. That's what they'll call you. So this is happening at such a rate and in such volume that it would blow your mind. So the first step is getting people aware of it, and then the next step is getting people to realize what they can do to stop it. Because you may say, oh, I don't have kids, but let me tell you. The trauma that we're putting on these kids with sexual grooming, which leads to physical sexual abuse and sex trafficking very quickly. The trauma that we're putting on them with teaching them to hate their country and hate themselves.
Speaker 17: And look at each other through racial lens.
Speaker 11: Only all of that in five, ten, fifteen years, these kids are going to grow up to be a bunch of defunct, mentally twisted adults who cannot get through life because of the trauma that they have been inflicted that's been inflicted upon them.
Speaker 17: So if we think we have a mental health crisis in our country.
Speaker 5: Now, just wait, just wait.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. And Elena Barbera, this current Department of Justice, this current Attorney General, Merrick Garland has famously, during his term in that position, called parents domestic terrorists because they were protesting at school boards in places like Loudon County, Virginia against this nonsense. And that's all it is. It's just nonsense that we're talking about the DEI and the CRT. And also, I think more traumatic is this porn that's being peddled. And you said thirty nine states allow porn in the classrooms, and it's happening in the other states where it's not allowed because, as you mentioned, law enforcement and sheriffs are afraid to be called names and bigots and transphobes and the like. And I'm telling you that to me, the first time I saw a video of the Drag Queen's Story Hour with these five year olds and this person who is all made up as a woman when it's simply not a woman, clearly not a woman, I thought that is that's pedophilia. We as a society make sex offenders register before they move into a new neighborhood if they've been convicted of a sex crime, particularly with children. How can we be in the same breath, how can we be allowing those same kind of perverts in classrooms to be pushing this ideology. That's the disconnect. I don't get why why aren't why aren't we Why aren't we requiring teachers to register as sex offenders when they push this nonsense on our kids.
Speaker 11: Hey, hey man, well again, because in most cases there is it's legal. They are criminally exempted. They're exempted from any criminal prosecution. What these statutes are called are obscenity exemption statutes, which means that you can show this to a child and it doesn't matter how hard the pornography is, it doesn't matter how young the child is. If you can say, well, this is part of part of our lesson today and it's part of his education. But there's no problem, no handcuffs. So I think what's happening is there's a larger push to normalize pedophilia.
Speaker 17: Look at the people who were saying that pedophiles. It's a mean word.
Speaker 11: It's mean to call them pedophiles, so we have to just call them minor attracted persons, you know. So to try to normalize everything, to try to normalize talking to children about sex. Now, you know, we're starting in tihood and pre k talking to children about their gender and how do they feel. Do they feel like a boy, do they feel like a girl, talking to them about their genitals and how they feel about it. I mean, I am not that old, but I am from I mean up until five minutes ago in history, anybody that came up to a toddler, a young or any child that started talking to them about their private parts was the town pariah. And they were probably going to be taken out back somewhere and beat to a pulp if they were allowed to even stay in town at all.
Speaker 17: I'm sorry to be so direct, but that's the truth.
Speaker 11: And now, all of a sudden, we have to embrace these people and let them have their voice.
Speaker 17: This is coming down from the White House.
Speaker 11: The teachers' unions, the American Library Association, the Human Rights Campaign, Plant Parenthood, and Seeks, and they all have influence in schools in all fifty states, and they all pressure teachers, even the ones that don't want to do it, to push this stuff because they hold their jobs over their heads and the rest of them they're in on it and they love it, and I can't figure it out.
Speaker 2: Teachers' unions are, in my opinion, one of the most evil factors in education today. And that's not saying anything bad about teachers. That's not saying anything bad about public education. It's just a matter of fact. Look at the things that teachers' unions, as you just brought up, support and push among their members. And it all starts at the top too. I mean, this is happening on local levels, but the Federal Department of Education, which I hope, I pray to God that someday soon it will be completely eliminated or decentralized. Because I graduated high school the year that the DOE was signed into law by Jimmy Carter, and at that time, the United States was number one in the world in education before the Department of Education, before the Federal Department of Education. Today it's we're twenty fourth and falling fast. So obviously, a federal Department of Education, which you know, only nine percent of local schools, only nine percent of their budgets comes from the Feds, but ninety percent of the curriculum does. And the Federal Department of Education has been so infested with the teachers' unions and the powerful lobbies in Washington, d C. If it's not moved out of DC, it should be just it should be eliminated. Your opinion on that, well.
Speaker 11: I absolutely think that there. Well, their focus isn't on education anymore. They're constantly just popping in new curriculums that cost ten of millions of dollars just enrich their friends. And I can only imagine if we could follow the money, people would be getting kickbacks. Their focus again, the DOE spent a billion dollars during the Biden administration on DEI programs, which include everything about racism, MELGUMBTQ and all that. Their focuses on social services for children. So you hear all the governors, especially in blue states, saying, oh, we need to give children two meals a day, breakfast and lunch for all children, not just children who need it. They have therapists in schools. Now, there's a school in Massachusetts where kids can get haircuts for free. Now they're bringing in medical services in the schools. They're trying to create government addicted children, and so they're not in the education is so.
Speaker 17: Far down on the list of priorities.
Speaker 11: And it shows only forty percent of American public school students can read at or above grade level.
Speaker 17: That's sixty that can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Joe Joe Biden said for eight hours a day, they're our kids, didn't he say that? That's an exact quote from from the current sitting president who sounds like him, Thank goodness, is only going to be in office another week and and I have I have great hope. I mean, the machine is so large, but I have great hope that Pam Bondy as Attorney General head of the DOJ, puts an end to this, ceases it immediately upon being confirmed and taking office. Every day I just I just think, Okay, we've just got another few days and things are going to turn around. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic at that point. Tell Elena Barberber tell me about American Groomer.
Speaker 11: So my film is about the sexualization of children in American public schools.
Speaker 17: Fifty mins.
Speaker 11: Kids are being subjected to this every single day.
Speaker 17: A little bit about the history of how it happened, who's.
Speaker 11: Behind it, and what we exactly how horrible this is for kids, and what we can do about it. And it's free to watch. It's only thirty six minutes, and I hope people will watch.
Speaker 17: It and get as angry as me.
Speaker 11: And you can see it for free at American groomorfilm dot.
Speaker 2: Com American groomerfilm dot com. Yes, so, where do you kind of tell me? What where did the based mother come from?
Speaker 11: You know, it's somebody called me that once on the internet when I was doing about two and a half years, but my son randomly asked me to sit with him for a video on a new YouTube channel he was starting. And I had never been on the internet before other than, you know, just a normal person with a Facebook account and so the so he he asked me. I said yes, and his channel took off, and somebody called me the base mother because I tell the truth a lot, and so I say it like it is, and it gets me in trouble sometimes, but that's what that means.
Speaker 2: Well, the truth shall set us all free. The truth should never get you in trouble. And I again, I'm just giving you this, this little bit of edification going forward. I think things are turning around. Keep up the good work, and thanks for spending some time with us tonight.
Speaker 17: Thank you so much for having me again.
Speaker 2: You got it. Elena barbera American groomerfilm dot com if you want to check that out. And let's just hope and pray, mainly pray that things at least at the federal level get turned around and starts guiding the rest of us in the right direction. The Night Cab continues in moments on seven hundred WLW Waking.
Speaker 5: Up with Mike McConnell makes me feel good.
Speaker 4: Mike's the best part of my day.
Speaker 15: Mike's got the news, weather, traffic, sports, and I.
Speaker 4: Love that Mike McConnell charm.
Speaker 5: You ought to bottle his charm and sell it on eBay.
Speaker 25: I feel good, You feel good, and you'll feel good when you start your day the right way getting the morning essentials from me Mike mcconne.
Speaker 4: I'd buy a gallon of McConnell charm and hose down my husband.
Speaker 6: Come and feel the goodness.
Speaker 12: Be a morning lover with Mike McConnell Tomorrow morning at five on seven hundred.
Speaker 5: W l W.
Speaker 26: Inventory's are back at record levels Here at Columbia Hunda, we are fully stocked with Santa.
Speaker 2: It's not Ladies Night, but it's Lady's Hour. We just heard from Elena Barbera, the base mother and an appearance rights advocacy group. And now we have our friend Lee Walmscance who joined us just a few weeks back. She's a chief operating Chief Communications Officer brother a Patriot Mobile LCLLC, also the founding board member, executive director a Patriot Mobile Action, and the latest blip of No pun intended on Lee's radar came when she had a drone hovering over her home in North Tech, and we'll find out about that and so much more as we continue with the with the with the Women tonight, the Girls on the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW. Lee walmscans, how are you?
Speaker 20: I'm great, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Fantastic? Now I'm serious. I had Savannah Maddox, who is a fantastic representative in the state of the Commonwealth of Kentucky where I live on at nine point thirty, and then I just finished with Elena and now you. So it is. It is the trifecta of really smart women on this show, which would astound most people who know me.
Speaker 6: So it's great to have you.
Speaker 20: I love it.
Speaker 2: So you are hopeful as I am hopeful for so many things with the incoming Trump administration. Of course, this week is the beginning of a confirmation week, and we hope it goes quickly for President Trump's nominees. In place is like the Department of Defense in all the major cabinet positions, but they're beginning this week with the grilling of Pete Hegseth and Doug Bergham the former governor of North Dakota, who is going to be a part of the Trump administration, hopefully in the Energy Department. What do you see as we get ready for inauguration Day one week from today and President Trump is sworn in and if he gets the nominees that he is selected in, do you see this being a whole big turnaround or are are we just chasing rainbows here thinking that you can change the machine in Washington, d C. With something as simple as a landslide election.
Speaker 20: Well, I want all your listeners to first of all realize that, well we all know January twentieth can't get here fast enough, but the work is just beginning. The work isn't over because we won in November. The work is just beginning. And as you said, it's a busy week this week with all of the appointments and the hearings. One thing President Trump said last week that I was really glad to hear him say that one of his first orders of business is going to be he's going to release a report about the origin of all of these crazy drones that we're seeing across the United States. I mean there's not just a few states, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, California, and Texas. And the concerning is some of those are near the White Settlement community just outside of Fort Worth, near the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve. That base is in Fort Worth that houses the three hundred and first Fighter Wing of the Air Force Reserve. This is very concerning, and this is it's not some abstract issue for me. This is very personal because on the night of Saturday, December twenty first, about nine thirty pm, my very non political neighbor called me saying, Lee, Lee, Lee, are you seeing the drone over your house? I was inside my home completely unaware, ran out, barely saw the lights going away, but she had captured some video of it that she sent to me. So I'm telling you this is completely unacceptable. I think it's trying to be normalized with American citizens. American citizens cannot normalize the acceptance of drones flying thirty to forty feet over their homes and hovering. It's simply unacceptable.
Speaker 2: Well, and you mentioned you're hopeful that President Trump sticks to his guns and is true to his word and saying he will get down to the bottom as best he can of the origin of these drones, where they're coming from, why they are there, and who was behind them. And I think every American wants to know these things, especially after the just enormous amount of sightings in New Jersey. And I'm thinking to myself, got New Jersey?
Speaker 6: What right?
Speaker 2: What what do they want with New Jersey? Uh? You know, I just kept flashing back to War the Worlds by H. G. Wells, where the the the aliens, the space aliens invaded New Jersey of all places first. So I was just like going back in my mind. You know what's funny, Lee, is all all of us who have pointed out these incongruities and the lack of truth and transparency on so many issues for years, yes, that our government has covered up. We're called conspiracy theorists. We're called wackos. We're saying, we're called crazy. I was called a conspiracy theorist during COVID. I was I've been called a conspiracy theorist about any number of news stories that have wound up being appssolutely.
Speaker 5: True, right, but covered up, I mean covered.
Speaker 2: Up by the legacy mainstream media. And now, as we know, Mark Zuckerberg saying, yeah, they pressured us to not let certain things out on Facebook on Meta go ahead, please, well.
Speaker 20: The Biden administration has escalated the orision of the public trust in our national security, not only by his mental absence and lack of strength, but by his lack of transparency with this drone situation, and deservedly he's faced criticism for lack of transparency over these drones, now reaching into the hundreds across America, many of those here in North Texas. You know, might I remind you it was just a year ago the weather balloon fiasco, where weather balloons were left to traverse our entire nation from west to east until they were shot down on February fourth by the US Air Force. They shot it down over the US territorial waters off the coast of South Carolina, but in it already traversed higher country. And it wasn't until after it was shot down that they say, oh, yeah, yeah, oh, this was a Chinese spy balloon with massive surveillance capabilities. What what government allows that to happen? I have to believe I have really zero doubt if President Trump were in office that weather balloon, first of all, wouldn't even have even tried it to come across our nation, but it certainly would not have made it across the entire country.
Speaker 2: No, and just in the same way that I don't believe Hamas would have attacked Israel on October seventh of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 17: Agree.
Speaker 2: And this incursion, you know, it's the incursions by Putin into Eastern Europe. First, it was crimea happened under which president, not President Trump, President Obama. The incursion into Ukraine happened not under President Trump. Putin never would have tried that under Trump, but it happened under Joe Biden. Weakness always breeds this kind of aggression out of our enemies every time.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 20: Peace through strength. Peace through strength. It's three simple words. It means the world. It means the difference between peace or wars. It means the difference between America and Americans getting attacked. It also means the difference between Americans being expected to accept and be fine with drones flying thirty feet over their house simply unacceptable.
Speaker 2: So I mean, any any kind of description of this drone that your neighbor caught on video, what it looked like.
Speaker 20: So as you know, yeah, when you're looking in the air, things always look smaller, you know, than they are. It looks to be in the video, it looked to be a four feet wide, fairly square, maybe a little rectangle, but more square. I mean, this isn't a kid's toy, you know, this was a pretty massive aircraft. And you know, I've talked to several people about my right to privacy Americans rights to privacy. Constitutional originalists argue there is no rights to privacy in the Constitution. However, there's Supreme Court ruling stating back to the nineteen twenties that recognize there's three important clauses with broad privacy rights in our own homes and on our personal property. They're implied but not specific in the Bill of Rights. For example, first Amendment, we have the right to have privacy of our own beliefs. The third Amendment the right to protect our homes against the government forcing us to house soldiers. That that's the third Amendment. The fourth Amendment protects against unreasonable searches within the home. Well, let me tell you something. I want to know what that drone over my home was doing. I want to know doesn't have x rahibition because we know the technology is very common and I belie leave the fourteenth Amendment said, no state should deprive any person of life, liberty, or property. That's a violation of my personal property right. When an energy is flying a drone over personal homes, they are invading personal property. And I believe that that is an invasion and invasion of property without reason or a warrant, and I believe it's unconstitutional.
Speaker 2: Amen, I tell you what, that's a great place for us to break. Lee, We'll come back. Lee walms Gance is with us to talk about the state of the nation and to talk about hopefully where we're going in about a week's time, at least turning around this big ship we call the United States of America. It's the Nightcap and it continues in mere moments on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: When do you like to listen to Scott Sloan?
Speaker 22: Whenever I need a good solid dose of common sense, I'm listening to Sloaney.
Speaker 5: I can always use some slowy common sense.
Speaker 20: But he's more than common sense. He's smart and funny, and he's.
Speaker 2: Not all preachy with an agenda. He actually speaks.
Speaker 4: He ought to win a Nobel Prize for not being a talk show t bag.
Speaker 5: Talk show t bag. I think you mean talk show.
Speaker 2: D bag whatever?
Speaker 20: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Scott's loan Untilmorrow morning at nine on seven hundred WLW, and check out his podcast on the three iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: Ad run a business and not thinking about podcasting? Think again. More Americans listen to podcasts than ads supported.
Speaker 2: We'll see founding board member, executive director of Patriot Mobile Action, and someone who just had a drone hovering over her house in North Texas.
Speaker 6: Who is it?
Speaker 2: What were they doing? And why were they inviting her? Invading her home? Those are the questions. Speaking of invasions, Hopefully another invasion is about to end. The mass invasion of foreign criminal trust passers on American soil known as illegal immigrants, and the open border, no border welcome policy the Biden administration has had seemingly is about to end.
Speaker 6: But is it too little, too lately, that's the question.
Speaker 20: Well, we have certainly been invaded, and this is going to take a lot of work to write the ship. You know here in Texas. The official numbers, and now you need to understand when I give you these numbers, this does not include the god away, so it's probably ten times this the official numbers, more million people have verified across over border during the Biden administry.
Speaker 2: More than how many million?
Speaker 20: Eleven million is what's verified.
Speaker 2: And just across the Texas border, you're not including you're not including California or Arizona.
Speaker 20: Now, and what people hear all these big numbers all the time. And by the way, that's not including the god Aways. You know that it's at least four times probably ten times that. But eleven million, that's a number larger than the population in forty of our states. In Texas is only like what little over thirty one million people. That's a third of our state. This is a lot of illegal immigrants, and they are criminals simply by the fact that when they crossed our border illegally, they broke the law. Okay, Texas authorities alone have ceased more than five hundred lethal doses of fentanyl. That's enough fentinel to kill every man, woman, and child in America and Mexico. That is what Operation loaneest Are and our Texas authorities have done since March twenty twenty one. This has just really been insanity. The invasion has been going on a long time, and as I said, President Trump can't get in there fast enough. Looking very forward to legal immigration only and closing the border to illegal immigration.
Speaker 2: Well, if the god aways are estimated to be four times as many as the official number, that's yeah, that's like more than ten percent of the population that was here before.
Speaker 20: Because should be very alone. People should be very like.
Speaker 2: I saw a report the other daily by someone else, and I can't remember, I can't put my finger on who it was at this point, but they were talking about one thousand, one thousand man terror network that is ready to strike at any time. And this is the reason that this is. This is one of the reasons this is so important, not to mention the terror of the fentanyl that's been brought across the border illegally, which is certainly a terrorist act. It's it's narco terror if nothing else, if not political terror, just to undermine the American people. Then you've got all of the screens on taxpayer supported resources from from education to medicine, and you know the gift cards and listen, we're a very generous people. We want to help our neighbor generally, but this is absolutely more than we should bear when it takes away resources from American born citizens. And that has happened over and over that there are schools that have been taken over as migrant shelters, and the activities for the kids who were born here are canceled. They're moved off of their campuses. So the illegals not to mention the bills, the billion dollar bills for the luxury hotels that have been paid for by you and me as American taxpayers in New York City and elsewhere.
Speaker 20: So your viewers need to see Line in the Sand. It's a fairly new documentary by James O'Keefe, and it is alarming. They go into a lot of these areas and are filming what's really happening, what taxpayers are really paying for. They go to New York, they disguise themselves as an illegal immigrant. They're handed everything they need. They interview the police officers there. The police officers just say, hey, you voted for this, and they are just so beat down. But in Texas alone, you talked about the costs. In Texas alone, the Federation for American Immigration Reform put out a report in twenty twenty three. I almost want to say last year. I still can't get used to being twenty twenty five. But in twenty twenty three. So keep in mind, we've got about a year and a half of cost not estimated into this, but it's over thirteen billion dollars a year caught. That's what illegal immigrants cost Texas alone.
Speaker 2: Texas taxpayers thir thirteen thirteen billion, just in Texas thirteen billion.
Speaker 20: This report is from March eighth, twenty twenty three. Texas taxpayers are paying nearly thirteen point four billion dollars a year, and that includes they're housing, their their education, indigent medical care. And that doesn't even include all of their medical care because federal law requires Texas public hospitals to treat anyone regardless of their nationality, regardless of their immigration status. In August of this year, Texas Governor Abbott came forth with an order for Texas public hospitals to start counting the cost of illegal immigration care that we're giving. Not saying you can't give it because federal law requires it, but to start counting the costs. So keep in mind when you're listening to that thirteen point four billion number, that's not even including real medical care from all of Texas public hospitals. They haven't even reported yet. That requirement went into effect November one, twenty twenty four. So we've just started to count that medical care cost. And we've got veterans who've served this country who can't even get their medical care, dying of cancer, can't get their surgeries in time. It's really it's just, you know, I don't know if you is George Castanz's Opposite World. I don't know if you're a Friends that show, But it's just like this alternate reality. Nothing makes sense anymore. We've got to make sense of the chaos and get America back or what's gone.
Speaker 2: So not only are these migrants who enter the country illegally and by the way, I think we'd be remiss if we did not mention all of the NGOs and so called charity networks that are working with the criminal coyote gangs to bring these people in, or the corrupt governments, the corrupt failed governments in places like Venezuela who opened up their prisons and pushed the criminals across our border with a nod and a wink.
Speaker 20: I mean, yes, we call them the human trafficking industrial complex. America has created this human trafficking industry by this open borders policy. And if you want to know what the kindest thing that you can do to these women and children and yes, some men, but mainly women and children who are being brutalized by the sex trafficking and human trafficking, is you close the border and you closed down that human trafficking industrial complex that we have opened at the border.
Speaker 2: Amen, Lee Walmscance, with just a couple of minutes left, talk to me about China land, because this is something else that I don't think is on a lot of people's radar.
Speaker 20: Well, it surprises a lot of people in the Texas House of Representatives that we've not already banned China owning land in the state of Texas, but our Speaker of the House two sessions ago sent the House home instead of holding hearings on the law that would have banned China, run North Korea, and Russia from owning land in Texas. But instead of having that vote, he decided to send everyone home, so there wasn't a hearing. So therefore what that means is it killed the bill. So all of those countries can still own land in Texas, Texas and every state in the nation. And I believe federally those four countries should be banned from it. It might surprise people to know Texas has the largest amount of foreign held US agriculture land, with over five point six million acres. Chinese investors specifically own over one hundred and twenty three thousand acres of Texas agricultural land. China owns land near military bases under the cover of agricultural purposes. These Chinese landlords can set up reconnaissance signs, install tracking technology scanning to view bases, radar fly drones over them. Here comes the drones again. Even the Wall Street Journal as there's a September twenty twenty three Wall Street Journal report that says Chinese intruders attempted to breach military facilities over one hundred times in recent years. Says China owned land is near Fort Cavasos that's formerly Fort Cood, that's near Colleen, Texas. And Camp Bullis that's just northwest of San Antonio. Seventeen other bases around the country have China purchasing land around them. It is a national security problem. It needs to be solved at the state level in Texas. It also needs to be solved at the federal level.
Speaker 17: In Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: Maybe things will turn around when we don't have a president in office who's owned by the communist Chinese Party.
Speaker 5: Maybe let's prayer.
Speaker 20: That's our prayer. That's our prayer. As I said January twentieth, can't get.
Speaker 2: Here fast enough, Lee wamsgance, give me, give me a place where people can check out more of your information.
Speaker 20: So we have several entities. One is a political Action Committee, which is a separate legal entity Patriot Mobile Action dot com and they can do the contact there and reach me there. We also, you know, I work for Patriot Mobile. That's my day job. That's a job I get paid for, and that's Patriotmobile dot Com.
Speaker 2: All right, fantastic, thank you, thank you again for your time, and let's do it again soon.
Speaker 20: Okay, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: God bless you, God bless you. It's the nightcap. We roll into another hour coming right up.
Speaker 5: News, traffic and weather.
Speaker 12: News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 19: At least twenty four dead and the Socow wildfires at the eleven o'clock reports.
Speaker 5: I'm Lee mawin breaking now.
Speaker 9: It's going to cost tens of billions of dollars get Los Anders.
Speaker 6: Back to where it was.
Speaker 9: So we're gonna need Congress to step up to provide funny to.
Speaker 5: Get this done.
Speaker 19: That's President Joe Biden at a White House briefing earlier today, talking about the federal response needed to the southern California wildfires and calling on lawmakers to pass recovery funding. However, one figure wants to place conditions of future aid for the Golden State. Here's ABC News National correspondent Stephen Portnoy.
Speaker 27: The House Speaker says it appears to him that California leaders have been derelict in their duty, water resource.
Speaker 6: Smith's management, force management mistakes, all sorts of problems.
Speaker 27: Mike Johnson says any aid to California should be conditioned. The sense here is that it's too soon to know how great the need is. But the Speaker indicated there are already conversations on going about tying aid for southern California to an increase in the dead ceiling, perhaps in an effort to get Democrats and Republicans on board behind it. Stephen Portnoy, ABC News Washington.
Speaker 19: Meantime, ABC meteorologists ginger Z states the red flag warnings are back thanks to the Santa Ana wins.
Speaker 18: No geography is slightly different.
Speaker 4: This time.
Speaker 18: We're talking about the Santa Monica Mountains, but we're also San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and of course Calabasas Agora Hill's eastern San Gabriel Mountains. The Malibu Coasts are in the particularly Dangerous situation red flag warning. That's something that on a normal year you'd see every five to ten years, but they've had four this season alone.
Speaker 19: Now the latest traffic and weather together, no accidents to reports.
Speaker 5: You're looking good since.
Speaker 3: Na Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced dentistry, the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck.
Speaker 5: We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 14: I'm on the way to our Tuesday morning. We're clouding up and we'll see a morning low of twelve our Tuesday, then some snow showers at midday, a dusting or a bit more, a high to twenty three at night, clearing out late, and a low down to four. From your severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawleigh, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: No precipitation in the area. It's currently thirteen degrees. It feels colder than seven, but taveras are set to dip homeless shelters and warming stations, preparing to help those in need.
Speaker 5: Here's matt Reese. We do our best work. I'm the Jurists.
Speaker 16: Previous record was four hundred and four people combined at the shelter house and their women's shelter on Reading Road. Last night, they set a new record of sheltering four hundred and eleven people. According to the executive director, Arlene Nolan, that number could be even higher tonight and tomorrow night.
Speaker 23: Normally when the weather is extremely cold or hot, out number spike.
Speaker 16: Nolan welcomes help to the shelter house in the form of men's underwear and sweatpants, and of course money from Queensgate. I'm Matt Reeese News Radio seven hundred double WLW.
Speaker 5: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 19: The latest AP Paul released earlier today for the men's side, Kentucky dropping two spots to number eight, Louisville receiving seventeen votes, They're unofficially thirtieth. Since Native receiving four votes, They're unofficially thirty fifth.
Speaker 5: Tennessee dropped five spots.
Speaker 19: To number six after their first loss, and your new number one in men's hoops Auburn for the women, Kentucky moving up three spots to number twelve, Louisville receiving five votes, They're unofficially thirty second. Tennessee scoots up one to fifteenth, and your number one team is UCLA announced Monday.
Speaker 5: The Reds coming back to a familiar channel.
Speaker 13: The Reds were ready for Major League Baseball to take over the production and distribution of their games for the twenty twenty five season, but it was announced on Monday that the team agreed to a new one year TV deal with main Street Sports formerly known as time In Sports Group, which owned Bally Sports Ohio, which was recently rebranded as FanDuel Sports Network Ohio. And of course, all one hundred and sixty two games can be heard on the Red flagship station, news Radio seven hundred WLW. I'm Sean Galbager, I'm Lee Mawen.
Speaker 19: Our next update is at eleven thirty on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 24: When storm strike, don't be left in the dark. Apollow Home provides reliable generators to keep your home running when you need a most visit apollow home dot com and ensure you're for you.
Speaker 2: Good evening, Monday, the thirteenth of January twenty twenty five, one week before some semblance of sanity returns to our federal Let's see if it filters down and trickles down to the rest of the country. From there, to talk about America and can we reverse the decline? I guess is the question? Is an editor and journalist written for The Spectator, American Conservative, National Review, Washington Examiner, you name it. He's been there, although I didn't notice the New York Times of the Washington Post, oddly enough, is the author of Decline from the Top, Snapshots from America's Crisis and Glimmers of Hope. Won Matt Purple, Matt, Good evening, and welcome to the show.
Speaker 21: How are you thank you for having me? I think I wrote for the Washington Post once, but I don't brag about that anymore.
Speaker 2: So, well, I'm surprised they allowed you to do It's that was I guess the joke there.
Speaker 21: Yeah, that was a long time ago. You know, It's got a lot worse, but Yeah, it's good to be on your show.
Speaker 2: All right, man. Great to have you. And let's go ahead and talk about the elephant on the TV screen at least for the last week or so, because it's been a week since the wildfires first broke out, after the high wind warnings, after the mayor of Los Angeles' trip to Ghana. Oddly she was going for a presidential inauguration in Ghana, but she won't be at Donald Trump's next Monday, Karen Bass. And the fact that that same mayor cut funding to the fire department, which she said wouldn't have affected this particular crisis seventeen point six million dollars. The fire hydrants went dry, Matt. And let me tell you something my wife now years ago, but in her twenties, she was a firefighter, and she was talking about how it was routine for them on a ship to go out and they would check the fire hydrants. And it happened almost every month. They would go out and make sure the fire hydrants were working properly. And this is something I am told you have to do, number one, to make sure that the water is flowing out of the fire hydrant in case of a crisis. Number two, you want to make sure that you can get the damn thing off when the hoses need to be attached, because they will seize up if they are left, you know, sedentary for a long time. They'll rust over and then they you know, even their special tool have a hard time getting those fire hydrants open in a case of an emergency. The fire hydrants were dry in Pacific Palisades, and I'm guessing they didn't have enough DEI candidates to go out and check them on a regular basis. I'm not sure any comments on any of this will be greatly appreciated.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I was here in Alexandria one time and we saw firefighters. A fire truck go by, and the firefighters got out and started checking one of the hydrants. So it's something that in most places happens routinely. The fire hydrants when dry, there's a reservoir and the Pacific Palisades that held you know, tons and tons, gallons and gallons of water that was also dry for reasons unknown. And this kind of thing happens in California all the time, I mean just about every year. That last year was no exception. They had a problem with fires. This should have been their their number one priority. You know, we hear so much about how in California they built the buildings to be earthquake proof because they know that the big one is eventually coming. The more immediate threat is fires, right, So where is that level of foresight, that level of preparation. It just it was nowhere to be seen here. And I take the point very well about DEI, And I'm sure that played some malign role here at DEI always seems to be screwing up things wherever it pops up. But it's worth pointing out that the police chief, the female police chief out there, had been warning the other government departments.
Speaker 6: So this was a problem.
Speaker 21: You know, she was saying, there's the mismanagement here. We've lost our money, like we need help or we're going to be in a crisis, and they never got that help. And yeah, it's just it's a perfect storm of weather factors, right, you had these incredibly strong winds and incredibly dry situation there in California. But it's also I think a perfect storm of government and competence.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's total incompetence. There's no question about that playing a role, Matt, And I'll tell you. The other thing is that did you see the DEI, chief officer of the LAFD, when opposed the question can you pull an adult man out of a fire? And she said, basically to the extent of to paraphrase, well, if I have to pull him out of the fire, he's obviously in the wrong place. And I was like, is there a right place to be in the middle of a wildfire?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: You're in the wrong place because I am not confident and qualified to do my job.
Speaker 21: Or they'll or their they're a grand piece of advice to people who are out there is spray water on your roof to prevent it from catching fire, which I think is like, we just had a big snowstorm here in Virginia. I think it is like me on the ground with table stops trying to to stop the snow from coming, just kind of.
Speaker 6: Spooning it up onto the roof exactly.
Speaker 2: Get a slingshot and a ball of salt, put it on your roof. That'll keep the snow off.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and you know already. I saw a CNN headline yesterday which was covering for a California of course and saying no amount of preparation in water could have prevented these fires. And that may be true that you know, we were gonna have to do some investigating here. It may very well be that this is just such an unbelievable act of nature that if they had all the water in the world, they couldn't have stopped it from spreading as quickly as it did. But we also know that water helps, you know, like, if you're going to fight a fire, you need water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jeez, that's why they that's why they bring in the shoppers and the and the big planes with all the water to drop it. Because water does help. And it's not about could have prevented these wildfires, Matt. It's about fighting the fires once they erupt and they were they were they were like a uh a one one armed paper hanger, you know, because of their resources being limited. What could have prevented the wildfires has been a problem in California for decades. They have stopped doing proper forest management with all this dry underbrush and and they've not removed it. They do that in other parts of the country. The people that are real environmentalists know that to preserve nature and an echosystem, you have to clear away the dead, the kinlan, the fuel, especially if you live in an area that's very arid and has these high winds. There are more high winds expected. The Santa Anna's are supposed to roar up again tomorrow. Let's see how they do.
Speaker 21: Yeah, you nailed it. But you can't. You can't do anything like that anymore in California. You can't clear away the brush, you can't practice proper forestry. You can't. I mean, just to jump ahead here a little bit. You can't rebuild buildings after they've burned down because of you know, problems with the different government commissions out there. You know, environmental impact studies are usually at fault here. There's long winding processes, or they have to check for the you know, forearmed smelts or whatever, the little animals they have out there are to make sure there's none nearby before they can do anything, before they can really do much of anything. But you know, this is a state that is really in the grips of the environmental bureaucracy. This is what environmental liberalism looks like in the year twenty twenty four, and it makes it just about impossible to do anything. And I heard Governor Knewsom yesterday come out and say, just so you guys know, you know, we understand a lot of rich people's houses burned down here. We're going to waive the environmental regulations. We're going to make sure the Coastal Commission doesn't get too involved so that you can rebuild quickly. And well, you know how nice that in this situation they're allowing that to happen. But this is this is decades and decades of thickening bureaucracy, and it would be nice if you would say, actually, you know what we need to reduce that we need to make government more efficient, make government work better and do less. But that doesn't ever seem to be long term on the menu in California.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe not allocate thirty five billion dollars for a high speed choo choo that never gets built and is going to cost one hundred and thirty five billion if it ever does, because of the time that it's taken and inflation and all the rest. Someone suggested that Gavin Newsom spent the money that should have been spent on forestry and water diversion on his hair jel instead of actually taking care of his job. As governor to serve and protect the people who elected him and pay his salary. This is an amazing, amazing pile of inconfidence in a dress suit. And I can't believe that the man actually has delusions of running for president someday.
Speaker 21: Well, look, those COVID lunches that the French laundry are not going to pay for themselves. I mean, they have to come from somewhere, And this was it. We know by the way that the money that was supposed to go to the fire department was re routed by Karen Bass and the LA government into social programs. So we know that this was taking money from good firefighting, from what was really needed in California and rerouting it into the same social programs that seem to have only led to more homelessness and more middle class Californians seeing the state. So yeah, I think it's you know, you need a real reckoning of Cisco priorities once this is all over.
Speaker 2: Well, she, I mean, she's a Marxist, and there's nothing good that comes of Marxism in a country like America. There's nothing good that comes of Marxism in any country. And I thought we had a democracy or republic and not a Marxist totalitarian regime in charge. But it sure seemed like it from the top down for a while, especially the last four years. We're talking to Matt Purple on the Nightcap more on America's decline from the top when we return after this quick break on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Maybe you missed one of our shows because fixing that leap took longer than you expected?
Speaker 17: Can I call the plumber now?
Speaker 5: Miss to fix it?
Speaker 3: Don't worry. You can get the podcast of our shows and here what you missed. Check them out on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 28: A Monster BTK, the latest installment of the critically acclaimed Monster Friend, exposes the chilling story of one of America's most infamous cases that shook Wichita, Kansas to its core.
Speaker 10: When people said, BTK, you think of a wild eyed Manson like character, what we didn't understand.
Speaker 2: Is he was the guy next door.
Speaker 28: Listen to Monster BTK on America's number one podcast network, iHeart. Open your free iHeart app and search Monster BTK to start listening.
Speaker 5: If you're living with try age related maculate to generate the.
Speaker 2: Top snapshots from America's crisis and glimmers of hope. There's some humor in this book. I have not had the chance to read it yet, but I look forward to after tonight's conversation with Matt Purple and we continue that conversation. Decline from the top, A fish rots from the head down, And that's the basic gist of this, isn't it. Matt.
Speaker 21: Uh, Yeah, that's a That's definitely a major theory in the book. What I'm referring to with that, you know, from the top, is that I grew up in the nineteen nineties and there was a sense then that America was really the number one nation in the world. I mean, the Cold War was over, Berlin Wall had come down, we were the only superpower left, and we had this almost metaphysical sense of ourselves, like we can do anything we set our minds to because we're Americans.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 21: I grew up with this very strong sense of patriotism as a result of that. And what made me curious about the subject is that nobody thinks that, or very few people think that way anymore. You know, everybody's much more pessimistic and gloomy, and the poles all bear this out. You know, people are much more nervous about the future. And so we had declined from the top. You know, we had, at least in our own minds anyway, our own perception we'd been on top. But we thought we no longer were. And I wanted to explore why that had happened. You know, what was the reason for this psychological pessimism. And there's quite a lot, there's quite a lot that's gone wrong as it turned out.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you know what's odd about this is it seems like a pretty secular thing because at the end of World War Two, we were, you know, we were the champions. We had beaten Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan and brought the world back to a place where it could be safe and prosperous for a people again. And that lasted into the nineteen fifties, and lo and behold, by the time the late seventies had come around, we had the skyrocketing inflation, we had the skyrocketing interest rates, and we had come out of Vietnam battered and bruised as a nation and as a military, and there was this feeling that of a lack of patriotism, and it took Ronald Reagan to kind of flame that back up into you know, a pattern for the American citizens. And so you're talking about what happened at the end of the Reagan administration immediately after, with the Berlin Wall falling and the Soviet Union coming apart, we'd won the Cold War, and here we are about the same span of years later, and nobody's patriotic, nobody is optimistic or upbeat about America. Nobody thinks of America as exceptional. And we've been told by President Obama and others in the Biden administration that we shouldn't consider ourselves as an exceptional country. It's just weird that it runs in these kind of cycles. And do you see a parallel between what happened at the end of World War Two and where we got to by nineteen seventy five in this country? And then you know, in your lifetime from the end of the Cold War to now, it seems very similar.
Speaker 21: To me, It does, yeah, And I think there's eerie parallels, first of all, between the nineteen fifties and the nineteen nineties, and that they're both decades where there's a lot of confidence, a lot of prosperity, the country's moving forward, but it's also haunted by certain problems that are being swept under the rug, you know, like there's you can kind of tell that there's a time bomb that's going to go off there at some point. And then of course you have the tumult of the sixties, and then really the seventies was when that hangover hit. You know, the seventies were a very confidence depleting decade, and you could probably compare that to today, although I think that today anyway, the crisis feels more severe. There's you know it, I think we have a more negative perception of ourselves now than we did even back then, as bad as things were. And I think that I'm kind of cautious about making comparisons between Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump, But I think the reason why Trump won and one again is that people understand that they do perceive that we're in decline, and they don't think that just business as usual.
Speaker 6: You know, let's elect the.
Speaker 21: Latest politician, you know, to come out of the conveyor belt, that that's going to cut it anymore. You know, they are Donald Trump is preaching a message of radical, disruptive change, and maybe people aren't entirely confident on his ability to deliver it. But they are that appeals much more to them than all right, let's just you know, switch from Hillary Clinton over to Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: I thought, how about this for an idea, Matt talking to Matt Purple. The idea is, instead of DOGE, you know, the Department of Government Efficiency, how about Donald Trump just contracting. And he's a construction guy, and you can't have construction sometimes without demolition. You just take a couple of huge bulldozers and totally bulldoze K Street. So the lobbyists have to flee town and then because that's the thing that is the problem right there to me with government inefficiency and wasteful spending is the ears of the elected always are being buzzed by the lobbyists. The lobbyists are controlling policy and controlling the government in essence. So I think you just bulldoze K Street. What do you think about that idea?
Speaker 21: Man, I used to work on L Street and I no longer do, so I'm fine with, you know, that's not going to affect me personally in any way, So I'm totally fine with just just send it in and it's yeah, you know, the lobby This is a major theme in the book later on, is that the lobbyists have in large part bought off the government. And you have this kind of new factionalism within Congress, within the federal system itself, where powerful interests are getting their say at the table, but really the average person and also just the reason of the average legislator, you know, the average legislator's ability to work towards, you know, preserving our rights and acting in the common good that's getting blocked by these very powerful agendas. And so we ask things like why can't we cut the budget? Why why are we just not able to do this? And one major reason is that every dollar of that budget is protected by some lobbyists, by some interest groups somewhere. So yeah, it's why, I mean, I like the Doge. I'm kind of excited for the Doge. We haven't tried anything like this since the Grace Commission back in the eighties, and this time we have a Republican Congress, so like it could actually see the light of day, but actually making that happen is going to be far more difficult than just drafting a list of everything that should be cut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no question about that. I just think it's a huge monster that's sitting on America's chest and keeping us in decline. Because this is one of you mentioned that there's some pretty funny stuff in the book. Can you tease us with a little bit of decline from the top and your observations that are you would consider to be humorous.
Speaker 21: Well, I won't give away. I won't give away too many jokes in that book. I'll just kind of explain the rationale behind it, which and you know, your your your audience can judge whether it's actually funny or not. I'm not going to see any claims on that funny.
Speaker 2: I'm also a bartender in the addition to being a talk show host, and I'll start to tell a joke to one of my customers and she'll goes, is this a joke? I said, Well, it all depends on whether you laugh or not. But go ahead.
Speaker 21: You know I'm not I'm not the one who gets to make that determination. And the guys, the guys who say they're funny or the guys who never are funny, right, But but yeah, no, I So the reason why I took a lighter hearted tone is because I'm an optimistic person by nature, and it's not really it would not be my inclination to spend more than a year, you know, sifting through these various causes of our decline and writing about them. That just sounds very depressing, quite frankly. And so I said, if I'm going to do this, then I'm going to try to, you know, make people laugh along the way, take a more humor tech kind of observe it from a more detached perspective. And I think that's, you know, that's the best way to talk about this stuff, because Americans are an optimistic people, you know, we want to believe things can get better. And it's it's just we've got enough doom and gloom over the past, you know, ten, fifteen, twenty years. And I didn't want to I didn't want to write that book, you know, I didn't want to contribute even more to that.
Speaker 2: Sure that that's great again. I look forward to reading it. Decline from the Top by Matt Purple the subtitle Snapshots from America's Crisis and Glimmers of Hope. Do you see a lot of glimmers of hope?
Speaker 6: Matt?
Speaker 21: I do, yeah, you know, the I'm hopeful about the younger generation which grew up in this period of decline. I'm a millennial, believe it or not, I'm not actually really that young anymore. It's the gen Z that's coming up. They've known nothing except, you know, the events that have contributed to this decline. So I think they're they're very aware of it and hopefully want to do something about it. I love that COVID is finally over, you know, the bars and restaurants are starting to reopen, and we're starting to kind of get back into the sunlight a little bit. So yeah, there's a few anyway, but there's also there's a lot of bad news along the way, unfortunately, no.
Speaker 2: Doubt about it. If it was if it was good, it wouldn't be news, you know. I always say that, you know, you can't, you know, because good usually happens in people's relationships and in neighborhoods. Good usually happens that that is the normal. When it's bad, it's news, and there's a whole lot of news lately. Matt, thank you so much for your time. We appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thank you great to talk to you on the way.
Speaker 2: Pastor David Scarlett joins us on this Monday Night cap on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W Cincinnati.
Speaker 19: Mark continues to reopened Eye for seventy one South with the eleven thirty report I'm lee mawing breaking. Now three girders in place for the Big Mac Bridge, with another four next to be installed as Odos Kathleen Fuller predicts that the girders will be installed completely in the next few days. What's next at the girders the concrete deck.
Speaker 22: Especially with doing concrete deck purse, we never do those in the winter months. We only do those during, you know, typically the warm weather months. So our contractor's Great Lix Construction, they've got a great plan in place and we hope that will work, that they can actually pour the concrete in these colder temperatures.
Speaker 19: Fuller also reporting the two snowstars we got last week didn't effect scheduling, which is still set for a mid March completion target. Now the latest traffic and while they're together, no accidents to report. A couple of shoulders taking up on ice seventy one seventy five and looks like east to seventy five heading across the Ohio River, but no accidents to report.
Speaker 5: You're looking good, Cincinnati.
Speaker 12: Now the ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: Looks like we'll be mostly cloudy by daybreak a seven am temperature of twelve. The rest of our Tuesday, some white snow through midday, about a dusting, maybe a bit more a high a twenty three at night. Gradual clearing, but we really drop down to four wind chills below zero. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine first Warning, Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: No snow around the area. It's currently twelve degrees, but it feels like seven. A local baseball complex vandalized with graffiti, and now the owners are calling out those responsible. Tealtown Ballpark and Union Township, near the Sisday Nature Center, was found spray painted and their equipment damage. Park president Bobby at Taimanski said to Local twelve the vandalism likely occur within the last two weeks and ask those responsible to own it and clean it up. While sag jet thing they're hurting the kids who play there. Happening earlier today in the Hoosier State.
Speaker 25: Please welcome Governor elect and first Lady Desimond, Mike and Maureene Braun.
Speaker 19: That's Republican Mike Braun officially sworn in as the fifty second governor of Indiana. He succeeds Eric Holcombe, who hit his term limit. Broun vowed to tap into the state's pioneer spirit. His speech didn't go over policy specific points, but bron did guarantee we're going to give it one good shot of getting that back in place where it needs to be well. Broughn in It's the sixth consecutive time a Republican has been sworn in as governor for a four year term, the longest of any party controlling the chair since the Indiana Constitution was in effect starting in eighteen fifty one. It was a great November for sports betting in Ohio.
Speaker 26: Ohioan's bet a record setting nine hundred and three million dollars in the month of October, and then a new record was set in November, well over a billion dollars according to the Ohio Casino Control Commission and the state Lottery. We still don't know what December's numbers were, and that all comes as the Ohio State Buckeyes are playing next Monday in the College Football National Championship. All that money breaks down in November to just over a billion spent on mobile apps, over twenty million in person bets, and over a million on lottery kiosks. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: A Texas man in custody for stalking Time Magazine's Athlete of the Year.
Speaker 5: ABC's Sherry Preston the.
Speaker 29: Indiana Fever select Caitlin Clark. Indiana police say the number one pick in the WNBA draft was forced to alter her public appearances and the places she went for fear that fifty five year old Michael Lewis would be there. Lewis has been charged with felony stalking, sending numerous texts and explicit dms to Caitlin Clark from his social media accounts from Texas, but was arrested in Indianapolis and acknowledged to officers who detained him any relationship he had with Clark was purely imaginary. Sherry preston ABC News All next.
Speaker 19: Update is at midnight. I'mley Mawin News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: William is one of millions of Americans who uses good ircon.
Speaker 2: Crap on this Nightcap, on this Monday evening, on seven hundred WLW, I thought it would be edifying to revisit the commentary by the late great newsman Paul Harvey. You've probably heard this, maybe you've heard it one hundred times. I don't know, but just head of Pastor David Scarlett one more time. Notice the similarities between the time in which Paul Harvey was making these comments and what we've lived through just the last four years and still living through now in this country. It's a commentary entitled If I were the Devil, once again, the Great Paul Harvey on the Nightcap.
Speaker 9: If I were the devil, If I were the devil, if I were the Prince of darkness, I'd want to engulf the whole world in darkness, and I'd have a third of its real estate and four fifths of its population. But I wouldn't be happy until I had seized the ripest apple on the tree the So I'd set about, however necessary to take over the United States.
Speaker 6: I'd subvert the churches first.
Speaker 9: I'd begin with a campaign of whispers, with the wisdom of a serpent, I would whisper to you, as I whispered to Eve, do as you please. To the young, I would whisper that the Bible is a myth. I would convince them that man created God instead of the other way around. I would confide that what's bad is good, and what's good is square, and the old I would teach to pray after me our father, which aren't in Washington.
Speaker 6: And then I'd get organized.
Speaker 9: I'd educate authors in how to make the lowrid literature or exciting, so that anything else would appear dull and uninteresting. I'd threatened TV with dirtier movies, and vice versa. I peddled narcotics to whom I could. I'd sell alcohol to ladies and gentlemen of distinction.
Speaker 6: I'd tranquilize the rest with pills.
Speaker 9: If I were the Devil, I'd soon have families at war with themselves, churches at war with themselves, and nations at war with themselves until each in its turn was consumed, and with promises of higher ratings, I'd have mesmerizing media fanning the flames. If I were the Devil, I would encourage schools to refine young intellects, but neglect to discipline emotions, just let those run wild until before you knew it. You'd have to have drug sniffing dogs and metal detectors at every schoolhouse door. Within a decade, i'd have prisons overflowing. I'd have judges promoting pornography. Soon I could evict God from the courthouse, then from the schoolhouse, and then from the houses of Congress and in his own churches. I would and substitute psychology for religion and deify science. I would lure priests and pastors into misusing boys and girls and church money. If I were the devil, I'd make the symbol of Easter an egg, and the symbol of Christmas a bottle. If I were the devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted. Until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious, and.
Speaker 6: What will you bet?
Speaker 9: I couldn't get whole states to promote gambling as the way to get rich.
Speaker 6: I would caution.
Speaker 9: Against extremes in hard work, in patriotism, in moral conduct. I would convince the young that marriage is old fashioned, that swinging is more fun, that what you see on TV is the way to be. And thus I could undress you in public, and I could lure you into bed with diseases for which there is no cure. In other words, if I were the devil, I just keep right on doing what he's doing. Paul Harvey.
Speaker 2: Good Nay, Up next, A real life changing event certainly changed his life, and maybe his story might change yours. Pastor David Scarlett up next on the Nightcap.
Speaker 4: Bill Cunningham is mister Red, white and Blue.
Speaker 15: He knows that when America does better, we.
Speaker 5: All do better, and he wants us all to do better. He wants me to do better and you to do better.
Speaker 21: It's the American dream.
Speaker 5: My American dream would include a house like Elvis had. Did you know that Elvis once gave Willy a ride in his limo? I'm not surprised who wouldn't want Willy in their car?
Speaker 4: That was probably part of Elvis's American dream.
Speaker 11: Bill Cunningham Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred w.
Speaker 28: L Monster BTK, the latest installment.
Speaker 2: Around out Tonight's Nightcap. One of the things David is the author of All for His Glory, The Near death Experience of a Modern day job, Chairman and founder of His Glory Ministries, A Christian outreach former US Marine telecommunications exec whose life was dramatically changed in one fell swoop, and to welcome back the pastor and to have him tell his story real quickly, and then we'll get on to some other pressing issues. Pastor David Scarlett, how are you good?
Speaker 10: Thank you for having me back.
Speaker 2: It's a pleasure, No, it's great. The near death experience of the modern day job. I encourage anyone to get the book all for his glory, but tell me kind of a brief summation of what happened that radically transformed your life.
Speaker 10: Well, I was a nine to one to one Christian, meaning that I would only call on to God when I was in trouble. I was a US Marine, and then I rose up the corporate ladder. I was the youngest director in the history of ATUT and his number one director had all the fame, fortune money at that particular time, but it was empty until on seven seven seven. You can't make this day up later in the book, so you'll see how that ties to my friend Ricky Skaggs. He was singing He's bowing the chauffar on the same day. But I ate Bochulism toxin on that day, and a chili dog of all places. And if you don't know, a bochelism talks and it completely paralyzes you from inside out. You have to go on a breathing tube to survive. I went into the Cleveland Clinic on literally Friday the thirteenth. I initially died the first night that I was there, but I didn't have a near death experienced the first time. So they got me stabilized at the Cleveland Clinic and then the doctors pulled the plug so that I would breathe on my own. And there's nothing worse than seeing the panic on two doctors at the Cleveland Clinic. They knew, they knew they had lost me, and I knew at that moment in time that I was gone. I was going, My life was over. I was thinking about my kids, my wife, and everything of the world. And then all of a sudden, I was taken up in this absolutely incredible beauty. Again, when you can't breathe, you think that there'd be anxious anxiety, but there was no anxiety. It was pure, pure love, no pain whatsoever. I was taken up to the Third Heaven and just everything smelt better. Look better, it tastes better. It was absolutely as the apostle Paul said, you just can't put it into words, how beautiful it is. And then the Lord showed me pictures of my life and the Mahogany pictures that were slow, so I was outside of time and space because I believe they I actually died for four minutes, but by seeing all these pictures, I had to be twenty to thirty minutes at least. And then I saw these pictures. They were perfect pictures, pictures that were never taken.
Speaker 5: On the earth.
Speaker 10: And then the Lord finally later told me these pictures showed Heaven and there's no sense. But my report card was empty. There was nothing I did for the Lord. In those pictures. I got about the skin of my teeth being a nine one one Christian. And if I wouldn't gone through a trial and tribulation with my wife, I probably I would not have been in habit. So even our worst things in the world are get us closer to being with the Lord, and that's what it's all about. So he sent me back. I stabilized. As soon as I came back, I said, I didn't see Jesus while I was in heaven, I said, Lord, I want to see Jesus, and I before I even got that prayer out there, he was at the end of my bed at the Cleveland Clinic, just radiating. He never said a word, he didn't need to, just a piercing blue eyes and just this radiate glow to him, just like the Book of Revelation. And then a long story, I had to take two steps forward, one step back. I had another near death experience when they pulled the plug and they had all the thirty doctors in the Cleveland Clinic watching over me this time, and immediately it went bad and I was hovering above the doctors. I could see the panic in their face. They're saying, come back, come back, you can beat this. And I said to the Lord once again, I had this peace and joy and love us, and Lord, why am I panicking? I feel absolutely perfect? And he said, my son, I'm going to take you. I'm going to bring you back, and you're going to start a ministry call by my name his Glory. And then it was many years in the wilderness, training in his word and rehabilitate dating, learning how to talk. He walk again because everything was shut down and lo and behold, he has created a ministry call by his name literally comes from the Hebrew word comvote, which means his glory, his literal glory, his literal essence. We reached twenty five million people in every country of the world, and the miracles continue to happen on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: What an amazing story. Thank you for sharing again with us. David Scarlett is our guest here on the night Cap and we continue. You had some guys, He had some thoughts about some of President Trump's global ambitions you could call them, or just common sense kind of reasons that Donald Trump is talking about Greenland and the Panama Canal and yes, why they are so important to America's security going forward, And I'd love to hear you talk about that a little bit if you could. Why Greenland number one?
Speaker 10: Well, first, remember when President Trump talked about Greenland when his first was in office. Everybody thought he was crazy. Well he's not crazy. He's dead serious about this because of many reasons. One, we have military bases there. Two, we have a very top secret underground military base that most people don't know about, where the worst of the worst have to go to. You say, you think get mode times ten. But it's just strategic that if you had to say one word that say why do we need Greenland, it's China. China's going in there and trying to get the natural resources and try to steal off the land. President Trump's looking at not only economic to be an economic superpower, because all the technology you need to grow in the future is going to be based on these raw minerals that are there in Greenland in great capacity. The military aspect of that have a military basis and just where it sits strategically for shipping as well, and that ties it into the Panama Canal. Why the Panama Canal is so important as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a hops given a jump east of Canada. And President Trump has talked about Canada too. I think that's more conjoling or trolling than anything else. What do you think about his comments about making Canada the fifty first state or the fifty first and fifty second state.
Speaker 10: Well, I think he's half serious. There are some strategic advantages behind that. I don't think that would happen, but we shall see. I think that's one of the ways that he's kind of poking at Trudeau that Canadian people absolutely love President Trump. They don't like Trudeau. One bet, one of the potential next prime ministers of Canada will be here in Texas with me this week and we're going to have a long sit down to talk about that. Why would President Trump want Canada and from his perspective what he thinks otherident Trump's all about. But you know, going back to the Panama Canal in Greenland that has one move and that move is China, Canada would be the same. Most people don't realize that CCP has troops in Canada. Canada is really trying to take over Canada. They really used tradeaux in some bad ways to a pummel the people of Canada. So that China is the route is the main reason between all three of those.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think President Biden, also at the behest of the Communist Chinese Party, made a lot of moves in this country during his term, which is thankfully, prayerfully almost over to to enslave the American public and make it. But the problem was, we have a different constitution than the one they have in Canada, and we have a court system that wouldn't let Joe Biden do all the things that maybe his Chinese masters would want him to do. And I say Chinese masters with no small grain of salt, because we know about Joe and his family's involvement in Chinese business deals used to influence US policy. We know about that, And you're right. Strategically, Greenland just makes sense because not only the Chinese, but also the Russians are in the Arctic, and they're all very very busy, and they're very very focused on the top of the world, so to speak. So why shouldn't America claim their share, especially when Greenland is just off the north northeast coast of the United States, They're on the North Atlantic Shelf.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, it's strategic for many, many reasons. And there's only fifty six thousand people that live in Greenland, so it wouldn't be it would be a benefit to the people of Greenland. They want to I think there's a poll out over the weekend sixty or more of the people in Greenland would like to spin off and get away from Denmark. So it makes sense for both parties, right.
Speaker 2: And you see Don Trump Junior's trip to Greenland where just landed in the middle and all these Greenlanders are there.
Speaker 6: Going Yeah, Usa, USA.
Speaker 2: They'd love to be a part of this revolution and be welcomed in to the United States as a territory or anything else. The Panama Canal was built largely by America and the United States dollars and workers and carved out this canal to bring shipping to a more modern standpoint instead of having to go around the horn of South America to get shipping done and commerce done. And it was signed away. And sadly, the Communist Chinese and many other entities, but mainly the Communist Chinese once again are the ones that are exerting control over the canal. And that's simply that simply is not right. It's not good for the country. And what do you think the solution is. I mean, do you think any of these things are going to come to a military kind of end?
Speaker 10: David, Yes, I think they. You know, President Trump has the art of the deal. He has said in both locations Greenland and also the Panama Canal that military options are on the table. And he's absolutely right because those are a national security interest in both Greenland more so in the Panama Canal for military purposes, but also economic purposes. If China really wanted to choke off the United States of America and our goods coming in. They would just shut that Panama Canal down. And as you said earlier, we create habits. So you know when Jimmy Carter sold that for a dollar that was not in the best interest in the United States of America for shipping. We put blood and money into building the Panama Canal and we need to have that back. And I know Congress has put a couple of bills forward as soon as President Trump comes to be aggressive and get the Panama Canal back and also Greenland. So I do believe he's going to make those bolts happen.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you hope to think Jimmy Carter, as an avowed Christian, has gone to his glory now and it's with the Lord. But what do you think the legacy of Jimmy Carter is overall? When you think about stuff like the Panama Canal, when you think about the creation of the Federal Department of Education and the Department of Energy and all these things that occurred during Carter's administration, what do you think his final chapter will be here on Earth?
Speaker 10: David, Well, between him and Biden will go down in history as the two where's president we've ever had, and it's not even close. You mentioned Iran as well, taking a pro Iran and make them the Ayatola, which is extravagant or extreme Islam that has caused problems for our partners in Israel's caused problems for the United States of America when we have hostages held hostage for four hundred and forty four days, all from Iran. Where look at Iran today, they are a menace on the face of the earth. They want to have It's not if they'll use nuclear weapons. They will. And some Christians who don't get into the Old Testament don't realize what a threat Iran is. That's Persia. They're trying to re establish the Persian Empire, just like the prophet Daniel said would happen in the end days. And they truly believe if they attack nuclear wise, the great Satan the United States and little Satan Israel, that they're twelfth Mihaidi, their Messiah will come back. So it's not if they'll use the weapon, they will use the weapon. And the biggest form of security we have out there today.
Speaker 2: I didn't know Islam had a Messiah I thought Christianity was the only religion that actually has a true Messiah.
Speaker 10: Well, they call it their Mahadi. It's the twelfth Mahadi that they'll believe that will come back in the prophet to lead them to Mohammad. And they truly believe by an attacking of a nuclear weapon would bring this twelfth Mahadi back.
Speaker 6: Jeez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first it was the seventy Virgins, and now it's this Pastor Scarlett. I really appreciate your perspective, both as a marine and also as someone who has observed these events from a spiritual standpoint. And I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time tonight. Any anything that you want folks to know as we close out though in a couple of minutes, Well.
Speaker 10: I just wanted everybody to know that to get a little bit bumpier just before the day the President Trump takes office, and then especially in the first couple of months, but breakthrough is coming. Lord's listen to the prayers. I think we're gonna have the greatest revival in the history of the world. We just got to get through these bumpy periods.
Speaker 6: First Truscott and is there.
Speaker 2: A website address for people to learn more about your ministry and your outreach.
Speaker 10: Yes, you can go to hisglory dot m ME to get all of our twenty four to seven broadcasts. We have twenty four seven TV broadcast, Bible Studies, Church, everything right there. And then we have his glory Dot TV where we do movies like January sixth with Nick Serci. We've got three of them. We've got Capital Punishment, We've got War on Truth, and then we have a four part series and then we also are exclusive with Laura Logan. The rest of the story is on his Glory TV as well.
Speaker 2: And prayerfully, I believe that come next Tuesday, perhaps or as soon as he's sworn in, President Trump will a free a lot of those, if not all, of the January sixth prisoners. Let's pray for that.
Speaker 10: Yes, we're praying. We're praying for that.
Speaker 2: All right, Pastor Scarlett, thank you so much, and have a blessed evening.
Speaker 10: Thank you, God, bless you.
Speaker 2: God, bless you. Pastor David Scarlett with us as we close out this night cap for a Monday. We'll be back tomorrow from nine to midnight, God allowing. And with that we close out with our national anthem to honor America. The Star Spangled banner playing on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 19: It's made Monday to reopen I Force seventy one South with the midnight reports, I'm Lee Mawitt cranking now. The first three seven girders installed yesterday, well, the next four do to be installed in the next few days. According to ODOTS Kathleen Fuller, what's the next step after that?
Speaker 5: Here's Sean Gallagher as.
Speaker 13: The steel girders arrive and are put in place. Kathleen Fuller with ODDS says it's a big step in repairing the southbound lanes and the Ifour seventy one bridge, which have been closed to traffic since November first.
Speaker 2: Fire.
Speaker 13: Fuller says the most crucial step to comes the pouring of the new concrete deck on that span, and doing it during the winter provides a challenge.
Speaker 22: Never do those in the winter months. We only do those during typically the warm weather months. So our contractor's great Lex Construction, They've got a great plan in place that we hope that will work, that they can actually pour the concrete in these colder temperatures.
Speaker 13: Old Dot's still on track for a reopening in mid March. I'm Sean Galviagher, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: Now the latest traffic and weather together outside If seventy one still closed, I four seventy one South that is still closed.
Speaker 5: You're looking good, Cincinnati. No accidents to report.
Speaker 3: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 14: I'm on the way to our Tuesday morning. We're clouding up and we'll see a morning low of twelve our Tuesday, then some snow showers at midday, a dusting or a bit more, a high of twenty three at night, clearing out late, and a low down to four. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawleigh, News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Nothing on the radar.
Speaker 19: It's currently twelve degrees, but it feels like six degrees more