Speaker 1: They took care of business. I know, you know, players have short memories, but I know the guys remembered what happened a couple of nights ago against Xavier. I think they put that into play today.
Speaker 2: Oh, no doubt about it. I mean, hey, these guys have been nipping at our heels for for a few years now, and you know, they they really know how to compete. I didn't like the way that we responded on you know, on Wednesday night. Knowing what we know about Xavier, we shouldn't be surprised that they're going to keep clawing and keep coming. And you know, they scored late. We didn't, and I felt like I didn't feel like we put it in cruise controls. But but we got it. We have it had to have a better edge, and Charlie West just provided that, you know. I mean, it's just so I'm so proud of him and and made it. You know, it took us a little bit of a little bit of time to get the offense going against their starter. But that second time around the order with the hard contact, you know, after we're SPOLEI reaches, I think he I think he reached on a walk and then spur Daniels Minnick. You know, right in a row, they're really hard contact, and you know that that was a fun inning, and and then we just kept kept the hammer down. You know, there's pressure, there's traffic every inning. I think we only had one one two three inning the whole day, and you know, really proud of the way that the bats responded. I thought we played good defense. I think they give Caleb and error for falling down on a tough I.
Speaker 1: Wish I was the official score.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's one.
Speaker 1: That was his only era of the season.
Speaker 2: I think, well that that should be a race. I mean, he's making a tough backhand play on the gap and if it gets by him, it's a double. He prevents it from getting buy him and he's penalized from making a hustle playing falling down. But you know, it's the only thing I could really complain about today. I thought we did a really good job. But you know, even Garbauski getting thrown out at third base, he just with one out, it's a good bass running play. He just didn't go right away. He's got to go right away on the read. He didn't get a great read on it. But really happy with the way that we performed. And I thought again, I thought, Charlie, who's who hasn't been in that position in our uniform, but certainly has. He looked very experienced in a pressure game with our backs up against the wall. He's been there in high school and he took that experience with him today and did not disappoint. He was really special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty six batters faced eighty nine pitches, six and a thirty A little bit of control issue there in the seventh inning, but Sean Finn came in and you went the rest of away with him. I was wondering what you might do you had a big lead, might just throw a couple other guys in there, But you stayed with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we got close. I mean, we just wanted the game to get over with and you know, I don't know if we'll have him tomorrow now with the number of pitches that he threw. But he just he was a little wild. Maybe he needed to get that out of his system too. I mean, but he did strike a lot of guys out, and I thought he minimized. I thought the best job that he did was in the seventh inheriting a crummy situation there with the bases loaded after three straight walks, gets one out and then walks in another, but then minimize, you know, just one run there with the bases loaded and went out. I'll take that any day. And he didn't have to be a hero. And I thought he's just overthrown, trying to do too much and yanked a couple of fastballs and a couple sliders. But his stuff is very good. You can see. I mean what strikeouts and that short he did, yeah, amount of you know, walk to Yeah, I mean, he's he's got electric stuff. So hopefully we'll have him tomorrow. It's going to be all hands on deck, you know, and get two ball games to go win. But we have an opportunity now to win another championship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be something else to have you done that before? Come back and won four games out of the losers.
Speaker 2: Clemson in twenty ten or twenty eleven. I know that. I don't know if we've done it in a conference turn where we must have done it at some point, right, haven't we? I don't know. I got to look it up. I do a good problem to have, I guess, yeah, yeah, right, you're happy, But we did do it in twenty eleven and Clemson. After losing the first one in Coastal Carolina, we charged back and found a way to come out of loser's bracket and win two against those guys. So you can do that as a program. You can do it against anybody. And I know it's a long time ago, but these guys are capable of beating anybody. And if our offense, you have to hit. Ed Blankmeyer from Saint John's legendary coach told me a long time he goes you got to hit in the postseason. You can't. You can't just rely on pitching in defense. You have to hit in college baseball and and I think that's that holds true more often than not. So we've hit. You know, we've hit all three games. Didn't hit quite as well in the first game, but you know, I have no complaints with the way that we played today. I'm really happy that they got another opportunity tomorrow to win out here in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A blank By are one of my favorite guys. I love that guy. They won ten championships. You won five in this conference, but the top four guys.
Speaker 2: And they were in a lot longer. Mike.
Speaker 1: We we took a little vacation. I know that's true. But if I do the numbers, you're right there. I trust me. I know you're right there. Top of the order. Hey, two h's Forspoli, two for Spur, three for Daniels, three for Minnick. I mean, these guys are just raking up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, you know, those guys have to hit. Coach Mac and I were talking earlier today, went and got a quick clift in before we came to the ballpark, and he said, you know, our Daniels and Minnick have to hit. Daniels and Minnick hit, we hit, and and everybody in the lineup, you know, did get at least one. You know, it was it was a good offensive day. Uh. I thought Brian, you know, Brian needed that one today too. He's been scuffling a little bit and taking called strike threes and he would need that. That two RBI single was huge for him too. Hopefully that gets him going a little bit a little bit more confidence. You know, we're gonna need Garbo to catch to tomorrow. You know, he's he's the guy with Connor out, you know. For for the rest of the season. We're gonna need Matt Garbowski to step up, and he did like a co captain or a try captain today, got a sacrifice punt down, had a nice RBI clean single up the middle, and you know it, did a really nice job behind the plate squeezing that last one on the last fall tip. I know it doesn't take talent, but that a lot of that's gonna squeak away, and he didn't let it tonight, so he was really good. He's using a different glove too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and creaton tomorrow. Obviously you played them three times in Omaha. Probably can't remember it.
Speaker 2: I remember it. Yeah, we didn't play well, you know we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, season you were like two and four in the conference, right, I mean after these.
Speaker 2: Two we had a good opening night, we had we scored early, they came back. We we and we carried that kind of we held on on Friday night and we were on our heels the rest of the weekend and played very poorly and it didn't help the kid and Suki went down the next morning or the next day with his season ending injury. Kind of took the wind out of our sales and just we really laid an egg and omaha, I mean, and that's I mean. They played very well. They deserve to win the ball games. We just didn't play up to our potential. They're a really good team. I think they have, you know, a really good balance pitching, defense and offense. But you know, the Huskies are hot now, so let's let's keep it going. And sometimes you don't like that off day, you know, because you're sitting around watching, watching, And we didn't use much pitching today, so that's a good sign too. We had a couple of guys up in the pen. But you know it's gonna be all hands on deck tomorrow. We're gonna pull this off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not how you start season, it's how you end them. That's always the fun part. And you guys are on a roll. See if you can get it done, you gotta sweep too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're keeping you here nextra day to home.
Speaker 1: I love baseball, all right, coach. That's Jim Pender's congratulations. Yukon winsor by final of eleven to two.