Speaker 1: Welcome to my world.
Speaker 2: Bitch. Wow.
Speaker 1: Good here that's right, listeners, we are here. I am Jason Knight and I am Oscar Spector And this is the one hundred and fifty eighth episode of The Supernatural the Current Studies podcast.
Speaker 3: So statistically paranormal.
Speaker 1: There was a list of adjectives you said you had come in with the intro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't think it will get you with that one.
Speaker 1: That was good. That was good. Uh well, Oscar. First thing, we got to talk about our new intro song. Yes, I am in love with this song.
Speaker 3: I feel like headbang into it. It's metals metal, which is like my favorite genre of music in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's definitely unique. I think this is gonna really kind of bring something new and fresh to the podcast. Uh, it was. It was made by a close friend of mine, a friend of the show, DJ Eric Rich. He put that together for us. There's a lot of complexity to that intro as well. There's so many layers.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard that DJ joke?
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 3: What did the DJ name his son?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Eric?
Speaker 1: What was his name?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Eric?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, that's his name. That was great. That was That is his name?
Speaker 3: I don't remember that joke when you said.
Speaker 1: DJ Eric, if you're listening, I hope you're laughing. But no, he he put that together. Now typically like this, that that kind of horror, evil kind of sound. That's not his sound. His sound, it's he describes it as a collective of funky disco house music. It's music that you you don't hear it, you feel it. Yeah, you know, so that's not his typical genre. But I asked him, hey, man, you know, I kind of want to freshen up the podcast. Do something really cool with the intro, something evil, something funky, something that gets you going and pumped ready to jump into the show. And he's like, I got you. And we went back and forth for about a week, week and a half or so, and so we got it just right. And man, I'm in love with it. So like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah to the point too. It's nice and fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And that heartbeat, the heart beat throughout that intro the first time. So when he sent me, he sent me a file before he added any music to it, it was just kind of all these different layered sound effects I see, And the one thing he brought into it was this heartbeat and I'm telling you, the first time I heard it, I almost felt paranoid, like I was on edge listening to this track and I'm like, dude, you nail. I mean, that's exactly, that's the exact feel I want. And then he looped in that music and it just yeah, So I'm really exciting.
Speaker 3: Much like your local news coverage, folks, we also want to scare you right off the.
Speaker 1: Bat exactly keet you in the mood, especially for tonight's episode. So yeah, thank you Dj Eric Rich listeners. In the show notes, I'm gonna have all of his socials, I'll have his YouTube, I'll have his SoundCloud, his TikTok. But just to name them, it's YouTube dot com slash Eric Rich six nine. SoundCloud is SoundCloud dot com slash dj Eric Rich. And that's e R I c R. I see that's good. Yeah yeah right, people do no, yeah, yeah, we don't want that ship and no one that's fucking k get here and uh check them out on TikTok. That's TikTok dot com slash dj Eric Rich listeners. Check him out, give him a like, and to follow. His music is fantastic a collective of funky disco, house music, music that you feel you don't hear. All right, So new intro. We got a great topic for tonight. Osk her anything new and exciting to going on with you?
Speaker 3: I do. I have a foolish story, a story that only proves further if you weren't sure before, folks that I am human. This story is happened a couple months ago. I went in for a job interview in Rosemond, which is a town adjacent ish to my city of Chicago, and it's not too far from me, like twenty five minute drive. And I went there for an interview to the outlet malls, my first time there actually, and I had the interview, but it went fine. Didn't get a callback, so not that fine. That finday was cool. I made jokes. It was a good rapport, I thought. Anyway, I leave the complex to go to my car in the parking lot on the first floor, or and I go to the exact spot and my car is in there. I'm like, okay, I don't forget. This is the best thing about this dude, in this whole thing, is that I did not lose my mind once. I didn't even swear. I didn't even like I just went where is it? Literally said that to myself in the parking lot at two pm, and I looked around just to make sure, like did I'm pretty sure I parked your ninety nine percent? Sure because I am good about that usually. I walked everywhere else around that area. Didn't find it. You know. I clicked on my on my what you call it the keyfob? No alarm cars, not environment shit. So I call security, the mall security guy and they have a level of report. Like I asked him, like is there cameras here? Can you see me? We did a whole check like yes, there's a camera kind of seeing me where I was, where the parking spot was, And I asked him, can you find I came in at this time? I was going to leave now, so I wound that time my car probably got stolen. And he's like, oh, we're going to find that out for you. He was like, procedures, this procedures are you was telling me, I can't see the footage, but if the cop comes, don't give it to them, no problem.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't let you see the footage.
Speaker 3: No, they don't let you see it. So I called the cops after that, which actually I call their offices and they're like, you have to call on one like really, like okay, So I did and a cop came out with twenty minutes later. I explained them on the phone what it was, and they came. The guy came and his first question clude me as to what happened, which is, what are you sure you parked on this level?
Speaker 1: No, dude, no security cops the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Wrong level, wrong level. Well, he had attle cop like driving around like a you know, a regular trooper guy driving around the other levels looking for it. And it was an exact spot that I thought my car was just one level up.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, how embarrassing it?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I was so I wasn't like embarrassed like that. It was like it was like, what a waste of time for them. I felt so bad. I offered the guy Starbucks, as you know, there's stores in there, like you want something. I'm so sorry for making direct like do that happen? So that's fine as long as you found it. And we were talking about it, like why would someone steal your car? I'm like, I know, it's a piece of ship. That's what I said, Like that's what I thought I thought my car was fool proof because it's such a piece of shit it's not worth stealing. And it's been and and they're like, I got no hits because apparently in these days you get hits based on your VN throughout the roads that I didn't know about systems in place for this kind of thing, and they haven't had any hits, you know, in the last two hours or whatever. And I was so you know, it was very humiliating. But I didn't forget.
Speaker 1: Once I got bad and he was keeping cool, I would have been all.
Speaker 3: Right, I forgot. I also had called my brother to see if you could pick me up, and he was more than halfway before I found my car. That's a real blonde moment. Yes, it's a blonde I did tell myself.
Speaker 1: That, could you say that anymore? I don't know if you could.
Speaker 3: Find Yeah, some people's not do that's hilarious. Yes, that happened to Megit.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad your car wasn't stolen.
Speaker 3: I was, like I told Roth, Like, dude, I am so old. I am fucking up. That's why you can't make fun of me anymore. Man, Oh, yes I can, because I've never done that because you're much worse. You know, we can get out of house.
Speaker 1: Bit I hate the house.
Speaker 3: I know there's people out there. Yeah, do I want to leave the house for So that's what happened to me.
Speaker 1: It's kind of funny you brought that up because I have a story like that as well. That happened last weekend. It didn't happen to me personally, but it happened to my lovely daughter. So she telling is sixteen. Now we got her car. That's very nice car. So she's out there driving, man and I have It's great because I have zero worry for her. She's a fantastic driver. She's alert, she's smart, she understands the rules of the road. She's not an idiot. I worry about everybody else because everyone else is in for sure, so I never really worry about her driving. So the point is she's venturing out far now, like just shy of a month ago. She went to a place called the Wisconsin Dell's. It's way up there in Wisconsin. It's kind of this real famous cool it's a fun play tourist town. Uh, kind of the woods, the north I don't think you'd consider it north Woods yet, but it's up there. It's up there. Yeah, so she drove there and that was a couple hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, last weekend she and you know, she does these things.
Speaker 3: You know, most young people are a faid to go on the highway. It's great that she's.
Speaker 1: Jumped right on. But we also had her driving on the highway when she was gone in a permit preparation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we started her driving at like thirteen, to be honest, getting behind the wheel. And yeah, so last weekend, she doesn't ask, just tells you, oh hey, by the way, I hate when she does that too, but it is what it is. She like, me and my boyfriend were going to uh, we're gonna go to Chinatown, right Yeah, yeah, Chinatown, Chicago. U. And I'm from just right over there, right around the corner and.
Speaker 3: Yeah you were, you lived too far from yep.
Speaker 1: And I know that it's not a nice area. Yeah, it's not. It's just not and especially for a young.
Speaker 3: I used to go there to buy butterfly knives and nunchucks. Me too, dude, butterfly and then let me buy it. Yeah, bro, like they don't give a ship.
Speaker 1: Yep. No, China Town is great, but for a young sixteen year old girl. I wasn't too, but we let her go. Katie's like, it's gonna be fine, okay, and thankfully she was safe. Everything worked out fine. However, before she went, I said, don't be stupid, don't park your car in places you're not read signs. Look around. Yeah, Dad, I know, all right, motherfucker you know. Yeah, they're two hours later.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Mom. She didn't call me.
Speaker 3: Oh well, no, no, she called Katie. She knows what she would say.
Speaker 1: My car got towed.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, not stolen though luckily not stolen.
Speaker 1: Thankful. Yeah, her car got Literally what I told her was gonna happen happened. I saw the future, the weirdest thing. So but much like you, yea, she kept calm.
Speaker 3: Oh good.
Speaker 1: She found out what happened. That it wasn't stolen, She found out where it was taken. She took an uber to go get there. She had the money, transferred money between accounts, was able to get her car. But of course, you know, when you get towed from Chinatown, they're not taking it to uh fucking Park Ridge.
Speaker 3: You know where all the riches, I don't know where they take them. Never close they're.
Speaker 1: Taking it to the goddamn hood, like yea, not a nice place where these you know, city impound lots are. So she had to go there and get her car. And she's when she finally told me later that night at a at a dinner we went to, she told me, She's like, I learned a lesson. The first time I've ever heard her say that. By the way, I've learned a lesson.
Speaker 3: One of the very few times if ever you'll hear that again.
Speaker 1: That's right. But uh, but I was proud of her, you know, she kept it cool, she got it handled.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of her also, and you know, like the same way I was part of myself when not freaking out because you never know, Yeah, now you never know. It's not you know, I just don't know sometimes about situations. And I've been in situations before, but I guess it's been a while. And then just refresher was nice.
Speaker 1: A little refresher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty calm at this thing. So I was like, Wow, that sucks the car got stolen, And then I was so happy when it wasn't because my sorry, I got excited there when I realized that that my car was possitively stolen. My first thought was I left my vape in there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was your first thought, not that.
Speaker 3: The car was stolen. I don't I could care more about the vape. But I told that to Roth. I was like, when I was asking him for a ride, I was like, do the worst part of it is that the vape is in there. He's like, are you sure that's the worst part. I'm like, yes, it is the worst part because I need that now, absolutely, And and I was so happy when it was out there because they got there my.
Speaker 1: Vape, the sun shines, everything's fine. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that was my little, fun, funny, little parent story. I guess for the last week.
Speaker 3: Two correlated stories.
Speaker 1: Two correlated stories. And I mean think about normal sixteen year old girls would have probably fell apart.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, a lot of people would have.
Speaker 1: Exactly this guy.
Speaker 3: I imagine my aunt. I'm not gonna mention names that she listens. You totally freak out. Yeah, well, totally freak the funk out right. I would, yeah, I would freak out, you know, but not my kid.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: She kept it fucking cool. She was cold, man, She got it done, proud of her for that, that's great, but now I can't wait for her to move out. So uh, tonight we have a part too in our exorcism series Exorcism Exorcism. Nice Jeric.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm glad you're trying, bro.
Speaker 1: That was so funny. So yeah, listeners, and this is releasing an All Saints Day. Correct, We're gonna need the power of all the Saints to help these poor souls that we're going to talk about this evening.
Speaker 3: That's true, osk Her.
Speaker 1: Can we take a break, let's do it. Welcome back to the show. Well, the lights are turned down low, the ceremonial candle is lit, and the drinks are about to start flowing. Let's start this show. Well, you know, we love to drink as we're podcasting, and we haven't poorn any whiskey yet.
Speaker 3: We haven't porn.
Speaker 1: I kind of caught that when I said it, I was just gonna guide over it. But I'm glad you.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I mentioned it.
Speaker 1: Glad you called me on it. Yes, you haven't poured any yet.
Speaker 3: I'm not here to keep you steadying. A slip, the Fortian slip, Freudian slip, the porn porn right now.
Speaker 1: So what I did? I got three bottles from my collection I have almost I was telling you off the mic, I have almost I think one hundred and twenty bottles now of urban and whiskey. So I picked three bottles and I have not opened yet, and I wanted you to choose yes, right, And so what do we have? The first one we have here is a writtenhouse Rye bottled in bond, so it's a hundred proof. I picked this right up from the heaven Hill Distillery. I have the Elijah Craig toasted barrel ninety four proof. This as well was picked up from the distillery from heaven Hill. Then we have a very old Saint Nick ancient cask, and by ancient, it's eight years old.
Speaker 3: It's two presidential terms, it's.
Speaker 1: Eight years old. And this is only eighty six point eight proof. So the only hunter proof we have is that bottled in bond, that bib bottle oscar. Which one would you like to open so we could get this fucking show going?
Speaker 3: So I want something new, and it should be said, these are all new to me technically, but I've had Elijah Krack stuff. I've had the other one.
Speaker 1: Good written house ry.
Speaker 3: Uh well, you said you.
Speaker 1: Weren't a Rye fan.
Speaker 3: No, right, sorry, that's what I meant. I'm not a big Rye guy. So that already made a third place for me. So let's go with the Saint Nick that claims to be as old as the years.
Speaker 1: A very old and it's ancient cask.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They throw a lot of old old words.
Speaker 1: On there, a lot nineteen Yeah, and the.
Speaker 3: Bottle makes it look like the.
Speaker 1: Bottle is very cool. The label is very cool. Yeah, all right, so we're gonna go. It has a nice kind of a wax cap here with a pull on the air. I'm not gonna be able to get this.
Speaker 3: That's funny. You ask me to open the pickle jar.
Speaker 1: Huh oh, there we go. Oh goo, that was satisfying.
Speaker 3: It looks satisfying.
Speaker 1: Wax all over my iPad. There we go.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's not.
Speaker 1: Put this here, and let's get that first bottle top pop.
Speaker 3: Bottle top pop.
Speaker 1: Broke.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, describe what happened, dude.
Speaker 1: The cap came off the cork. I can't get this fucking cork cop Oh it's bitch, dude, positive recording. Wait, wait, okay, wait.
Speaker 3: I wasn't gonna positive anyway.
Speaker 1: Gott fucking pop a vessel, dude.
Speaker 3: I'm satisfying sound though, Yeah, oh yeah, you got it open, folks. That was really funny. He's laughing and he's having a fun time here.
Speaker 1: I'll sweating like I broke a sweat on that one. Pepper. Are like, just start the we want to hear about the possessed people, all right. I just want to make sure we don't get any whiskey or any wax in the whiskey. You go first, thank you, there you go, thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh even smells old.
Speaker 1: Let's see, cheers, cheers. Think let me see with this. See now, I don't have so one of my one of my good friends, uh oh, Randy Tucker, he's been on the show before. He had somewhere out there radio dot com. He doesn't do that anymore, but he started his own YouTube channel. It's called Bourbonbroke dot Com. Matter of fact, I'm wearing a Bourbon Broke sweatshirt right now. So he does whiskey reviews now and Bourbon reviews. It's fantastic. He does a fucking great job, good production. One of the coolest bars I've seen and in YouTube YouTube bourbon review things that he's got the best bar I think I've seen out there. So anyway, go check him out bourbon broke dot com or bourbon broke on YouTube. He has a really refined palate. He could pick out all these amazing different flavors that come in whiskeys and bourbons. Me, I just don't have it for me. It's either it burns or it burns less.
Speaker 3: Burns good or burns bad for me. I'm very similar to you. I'm like Thomas hidden church in side in sideways. I'm like, it tastes pretty good for me to literally every rhyne.
Speaker 1: No, this is good, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Like it, like it, Yeah, yeah, I feel.
Speaker 1: Of course we could also let it sit there out a little bit.
Speaker 3: You're right, we could, but I like it. I mean it's very drinkable. It's like, you know what, I'm not your friend. I don't know how to describe this. I don't know how to discribe something at the end there, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what.
Speaker 1: It is a little longer finished.
Speaker 3: Almost like it wants to be a licorice, but isn't bad like liquorice.
Speaker 1: I've gotten licorice before on whiskeys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm saying that's how I'm feeling a little bit atan.
Speaker 1: I have a bottle of willet upstairs that I get kind of licorice flavor. It's very good. Yeah, this is drinkable again, It's only it's not even what eighty it's only eighty six proof eighty six point eight. So this is this goes down really easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which can't be a danger.
Speaker 1: Okay, there there we go. All right, all right, so now the drinks are flowing. Let's start this show now, listeners, this is a part two. I've mentioned that, so if if you haven't done so already, please go back and listen to our first exorcism episode, episode one fifty seven. Now, we covered a lot in the previous episode, stuff that really laid out the groundwork for what we're going to talk about tonight. But kind of just to quickly recap episode one fifty seven, we talked about kind of the nuts and bolts of exorcism, like the history of exorcism in an ancient document called the Roman ritual. And actually, if you remember, there were two Roman rituals, right, the ordinary form and the extraordinary form, with the extraordinary Roman Ritual being the more ancient of the two, and we said that the right of exorcism is part of the Roman ritual. It's found in both forms. Of course, we talked about the right of exorcism itself, what it entails, and all the rules and exorcists should follow must follow when conducting an exorcism. We outline the signs an exorcists looks for when attempting to validate a case of demonic possession. And we talked about the different stages of possession, that's infestation, oppression, obsession, and finally possession. And we even read a few verses of exorcistic prayers straight from the Right of exorcism from both the Ordinary and Extraordinary Roman rituals. And we tossed in a few extra goodies as well, treats for the Halloween season. Now I got applause, Oscar. I keep seeing you kind of looking over your shoulder. Huh, is something going on over there? No, we had something go on last No.
Speaker 3: Not this time, show, okay, not this time something It was just like your little figurines that was like to look at Okay, you're Clyde Barker figurines. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, Okay, Like I said, we did have something weird happened in the last episode. Listeners go back and check that out. So in this episode, we're going to talk about cases of actual, validated demonic possession that could not be cured by the afflicted's local exorcist. These cases of possession were apparently so severe that the demon possessed individual had to be brought to the pope himself to be cured, and in some cases even the Pope couldn't exercise the demons. Now, pope level exorcisms do exist. This is a real thing, but information is very hard to come by a pope's performing exorcisms because, as you'll hear in this episode, the Church is incredibly tight lipped when it comes to this topic. But I was able to dig up a few tasty stories. So let's get into what I did uncover about this fascinating topic, and I'll start with the current head of the Catholic Church, the Bishop of Rome and the sovereign of the Vatican City State, His Holiness Pope Francis. Now Pope Francis became Pope in March twenty thirteen, and he's the Catholic Church's two hundred and sixty sixth Pope. Now it's interesting is that Pope Francis's teachings on Satan are regarded as the most old school of any pope since at least Pope Paul sixth, whose papacy in the nineteen sixties and seventies fully embraced the notion of hellish forces plotting to deliver mankind unto damnation. Really, in sermons, interviews and occasionally in tweets, yes, the Pope uses Twitter or x.
Speaker 3: Well, or at least he tells someone to do it for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I doubt he's sitting around his popely toilet hopelly poopy. Is that kind of like my cinnamony Christmas.
Speaker 3: I'm happy it is talking to you. It's very poply poop he's doing so.
Speaker 1: Yes, he does use Twitter, but even on Twitter or in interviews and in sermons, he gives live. Pope Francis has declared that Satan, whom he refers to as Bezelbub, the Seducer and the Great Dragon, is a literal being devoted to deceiving and debasing us humans. The Pope was quoted as saying we should not think of the devil as a myth a representation, a symbol, a figure of speech, or even an idea, but rather as a personal being who assails us quote unquote. In twenty seventeen, Pope Francis told priests they must not hesitate to refer their parishioners to exorcists if they are experiencing quote genuine spiritual disturbances. A year later, in twenty eighteen, the BBC reported that two hundred and fifty priests from fifty countries traveled to Rome for exorcist training as part of something called the International Association of Exorcists. And oh god do I want to be part of this club so bad?
Speaker 3: But you know, wow, is this why a movie like The Pope's Exorcists exists?
Speaker 1: Well, specifically the movie you mentioned that's actually based off of a real figure, Father Gabriel and morph who I go into a little bit here. Oh you do he was the Pope's he was well yeah, the popes he was the Vatican's exorcist, just like Crow. Right, that was based off of this man. So that movie in particular was based off gave her a morth But yeah, I mean it certainly could be. I mean this is real, this is real. So this International Association of Exorcists exists and it includes around eight hundred exorcist members around the world. So it's like this army of exorcists, man going out and battling evil. It's so cool, like the CIA of exorcisms. Yeah, yeah, the elite. So again, Pope Francis profoundly serious about the existence of the devil and demons and the need for exorcists and exorcisms. Now, as for exorcisms performed by Pope Francis, on May nineteenth, twenty thirteen, after concluding his Sunday Mass in Saint Peter's Square in Vatican City, Pope Francis went around and blessed several wheelchair bound faithful as he always does handicap people. He does this as this beautiful gesture that shows the suffering that no matter their condition, and the entire Catholic Church is with them, supports them. It's a beautiful thing. Positive. Now it's believed that during this particular papal blessing on May nineteenth, twenty thirteen, Pope Francis conducted an exorcism right there in Saint Peter's Square in front of everyone, and it was captured on video, and it made world news. You see, on this particular day, a forty three year old husband and father believed to be named Angelo or Angel, sat among the wheelchair bound faithful waiting to receive the papal blessing. You see, Angel had traveled all the way from Mexico to Rome, accompanied by Reverend Juan Rivas, because, according to Revas, Angel was possessed by four incredibly vile, stubborn demons. Now, listeners, here's where I really need you. To go to the show notes and watch this video that I left there for you so you can see what I'm about to explain. You have to see this. One of the videos is from USA Today and the other is from CNN. I'm telling you, when this thing happened, it made world news. Now, I gotta tell you I've watched this video countless times and something about them chills me to the bone. Now, in the video, you see Pope Francis approach Angel, who's sitting slumped in a wheelchair, and you can watch what happens when the Pope lays his left hand on Angel's head and briefly holds Angel's hand with his right. Then it looks like the Pope says some words over Angel. You can't hear what he says, but for some reason, Pope Francis releases Angel's hand and proceeds to lay both his hands on Angel's head. And if you pause, if you pause the video, when the Pope lays both his hands on Angel's head, you can see the focus on Pope Francis's face. The Pope utters some more words, and that's when Angel sits upright right in his wheelchair, erect straight like a board. His mouth opens really wide, and he begins to breathe heavily, almost like he's convulsing or hyperventilating. Angel breathes like this, maybe a half a dozen times, and then he kind of slumps back into his wheelchair. The Pope releases Angel, and that's when the video stops. But before the video ends, and I think this is the part that focks with me the most. You could see Angel shoot Pope Francis this horrible, nasty ass look, and that's it. That's all we see.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind all this takes place in the matter of seconds while a video camera rolls and with at least six or seven people they're observing, including members of the church. It's one of the craziest, creepiest things I have ever seen. And ever since this event, there's been a hot debate whether or not our Pope Francis is an exorcist. Now, after the video of this supposed papal excerp was released, the Catholic Church was very careful about their wording when explaining what took place between the Pope and Angel I bet Now the official message from the Vatican this is a quote. Pope Francis didn't intend to perform any exorcism, but as he Austoin does for the sick, he simply intended to pray for someone who was suffering who was presented to him. End quote. However, a crew from TV two thousand, the television station for the Italian Bishop's Conference, they surveyed a number of exorcists, including the Vatican's former chief exorcist, Father Gabriela Morth, and after watching the video, all the exorcists agreed that there was no doubt that Pope Francis performed an exorcism on Angel or at least he recited a simple prayer to free the poor man from the devil. So listeners, watch the video see what you think was this an actual exorcism. Did Pope Francis battled out right then and there with the four vile demons? Or was he simply blessing a severely handicapped man that was presented to him like he always does. If you ask me the way Angel reacted sitting up Ramrod straight, opening his mouth so wide in that ugly look he gave the Pope, that was a fucking exorcism, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, sorry for the sidebard joke. But every time you said, you said it twice. Now Ramrod's trade. I'm thinking he has a heart on when he gets away, when he gets up, I think it's a rock hard on. I care you know that's that's not it's funny. It's funny image. It's funny that creeps in there.
Speaker 1: Funny guy.
Speaker 3: But you know it wasn't intentional. But there you go. You mentioned it twice. Now I'm thinking of rock Hard Dick. You know it is not this is I'm glad. I'm glad. It's not my question for you weird thing. My question to you is that compared to other people he's blessed and these kind of ceremonies, does it look exactly the same other than the guy's reaction, the way he does it is exactly the same, right.
Speaker 1: And all popes do this, well, I mean modern popes, I guess they do this, and.
Speaker 3: I definitely don't know popes at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just again, it's to show that Jesus and the Church are behind you, no matter your condition. Right, it's a it's a very nice thing. And there's this particular one when little sideways and ever since it's been this heated debate on whether or not Pope Francis is an exorcist.
Speaker 3: You know, I almost feel like it's almost like it's almost like a given, uh that the you know, the number one you.
Speaker 1: I completely you would certainly think.
Speaker 3: So, obviously it makes sense that it's not. Also, right, it's like the president doesn't know how to kill people. He has a wet team for that, right, right, and the and the CIA analogy that was.
Speaker 1: Like that analogy actually right, he's got a team of people that would do that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: And I'll get into this later. That apostelic line, that lineage from Pope goes all the way back to Catholics believe Christians believe to Saint Peter. So this is really like the pinnacle when it comes to holiness, right, you know, you would think just by that office he has and that supposed direct lineage to Saint Peter, that he would have this inherent ability to cast out demons.
Speaker 3: Right, it's not a power, not just the power of respect of the office, so the or the position he's holding, but also the actual lineage of power, right, right, you would think kind of like the avatar kind of yeah, the avatar of Peter, yeah, right, right, like the path lives of other folks, right kind of thing.
Speaker 1: It's interesting.
Speaker 3: I hope now Avatar is seen differently by me.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Now I'm sure you might want to know what happened to Angel, Like where is he today? Is he safe? Is he free from demons? Yeah? And as the story goes, Angel underwent several exorcisms while he was in Rome, but he wasn't able to be liberated from the demons possessing him. Now, to take a moment and think about that, because it's a frightening thought. The demons possessing Angel stood against the most powerful man in the Catholic faith, a successor to Saint Peter himself, and they couldn't be driven out, which is why I think Angel, or whatever was in Angel shot Pope Francis that nasty look as he walked away. The demons were still in there. It was the demons given the Pope that look, not Angel.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I was able to find a November twenty twenty article from the Catholic News Agency which said that in twenty fifteen, so two years after this supposed papal exorcism, Angel wrote to Pope Francis, recounting his story and asking him for the Pope's prayers. In the letter, Angel asked Pope Francis to let him know the time and the day he would pray for him, so that he Angel could undergo another exorcism in Mexico with the additional power, the additional oomph of the Pope's prayers behind it mixed in the hutzpa. So in response, on April twenty seventh, twenty fifteen, Pope Francis offered his morning Mass for Angel, and he did it again on May thirteenth, twenty fifteen. Unfortunately, though, according to Angel's spiritual director back in Mexico, as of twenty twenty, when that article was written, Angel was still not free of the four demons possessing him, but the director said he was doing a little better, was the quote. Now, apparently, during Angel's many exorcisms, more than one exorcist said that the demons infecting him communicated that they would not depart this poor man until abortion is legalized in Mexico. Just vile.
Speaker 3: That's never going to happen.
Speaker 1: It was also reported. Well, it was also reported that the demons said Angel Angel would be liberated on December eighth, the date of the feat of the Immaculate Conception, but they never said in what year, the assholes. So, as far as we know, Angel is still suffered to this day. And just so you know, currently abortion is not legal all across Mexico. It's only legal in Mexico City and in twelve of the country's thirty one states.
Speaker 3: That's why I took it back a yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it seems like Angels they.
Speaker 3: Also have bluer states than others. Well, it seems like if you want to boil it down like that, they don't think of it that way. Of course, you know, they don't give a shit about us like that anyway politically, but yeah, they have their Yeah, but in general, it's pretty catholic there.
Speaker 1: Well, thirteen out of thirty one, so it seems like he's he's got a long way to go if the demons are real for real, and they're not going to leave until it's legalized across Mexico all right now. Strangely, Italian newspaper has noted that the late Saint John Paul two, Pope Saint John Paul two, who were talking about next, he performed an exorcism thirty one years earlier in nineteen eighty two, in almost the exact same physical spot in Saint Peter's Square, where Pope Francis may or may not have performed that exorcism on Angel, which is really kind of fucking weird.
Speaker 3: You you don't even talk about the same room, you mean the exact same.
Speaker 1: Almost exactly where he was sitting and physically.
Speaker 3: Because I was gonna say, in the same room. You know, that's a pretty big space. That makes sense that that happened before.
Speaker 1: Where on the floor where it was almost the exact same spot thirty one years in the past.
Speaker 3: Was mercury in retrogade at that time? You know, I don't be interesting to find that out.
Speaker 1: I oh, that was kind of creepy though. Now As for Pope Saint John Paul two, who was Pope from nineteen seventy eight to two thousand and five, just like our current Pope Francis, John Paul two was also pro exorcisms, having at one time asked every diocese across the globe to find in a point an exorcist. We kind of touched on that in the last episode. Saint John Paul two also believed that the devil is an actual person, not an abstraction, just like Polpe Francis. Now, as far as papal exorcisms, Saint John Paul two performed his first exorcism in the Vatican on March twenty seventh, nineteen eighty two, in almost the exact same spot where Pope Francis would encounter Angel thirty one years in the future, which I don't know why, but for some reason it gives me the chills every time I say it now. On that day, during his weekly audience, a local bishop from the town of Spiletto, Italy, brought a nineteen year old woman named Francesca Fabrizi to the Pope, asking for his help. Reports say that Francesca was seated in the front rows usually reserved for the disabled, just like Angel was. And apparently she became very excited and agitated as the Pope blessed the crowd of some thirty thousand faithful that were in attendance that day. So this is a huge event every time these papal blessing makes sense. That's when Francesca started yelling strange, disjointed phrases in Italian as well as streams of words and unknown languages. A Vatican official seated close to Francesca tried to calm her down by showing her a crucifix and a photo of the blessed Virgin, but that only enraged Francesca more and she hurled insults at the official, who was actually an archbishop named Giovanni Danzi. After John Paul two wrapped up his weekly sermon, he was briefed on what was happening in the crowd and he wound up spending a few minutes with Francesca, during which he blessed her, He caressed her, and he tried to calm her and bring her comfort, and apparently that worked. The woman calmed down and just like that, she was cured exercised now, mind you, just like the Church was very careful how they worded what happened with Pope Francis's exorcism of Angel, how it was intended to be an exorcism. The church's official word on what happened with John Paul two and Francesca was that it was absolutely not an exorcism, period. And so you know, I read that. Francesca she reappeared a few years after this incident along with her husband and her children, and she spent some time with Saint John Paul two, and she never showed signs of possession again. John Paul two won the Devil's zero.
Speaker 3: By two. You mean the second, right, yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, John Paul second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything I say two, I think is it the sequel?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Where's the popening maternity? Put that in? Everything? Aren't there? You actually lost me. I don't know where I was going to go somewhere. Sorry, you got knocked it out of there?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Francesco she was cured John Paul too.
Speaker 3: Oh, I wonder if the wording was different. Do you think it has to do with the times?
Speaker 1: What do you mean, oh, just period versus Yeah. Yeah, he was saying some prayers, wasn't really an exorcism? He didn't really mean to do it.
Speaker 3: Also, what's I mean? I remember, I remember part one exists, so listeners, make sure you listen to that, but I don't entirely remember all the details. Does that technically qualify as an exorcism? I'm talking about the Angel incident.
Speaker 1: I think it does. Yeah, Okay, you got to see the video. It's absolutely an exorcism.
Speaker 3: Ok some shit, right, I haven't seen it. We're doing the show.
Speaker 1: Or an attempted exorcism, because according to the story, it didn't work.
Speaker 3: All right, right, right, and racism. It's only satisfied once the demons are out. Otherwise it's always attempted.
Speaker 1: That's right, because the demons got to be they got to be expelled and the body filled with Jesus in the Holy Spirit, because if the body is filled with goodness, there's no room for evil to Endwell, we talked about that in the last one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's familiar. Okay, I'm back, I'm back, all right now.
Speaker 1: Another exorcism performed by John Paul. The second was much more dramatic. In the year two thousand, during another one of the Pope's weekly audiences in Saint Peter's Square, a possessed woman by the name of Sabrina was brought to the Vatican, and as soon as she entered Saint Peter's Square, she immediately began to scream, and she actually tried to lunge at the Pope like a wild animal and attack him. Reports say it took ten people to hold Sabrina down. She was drooling heavily and yelling blasphemies. And after his weekly address, John Paul the Second asked to meet with Sabrina, and witnesses say that as soon as the Pope got close, her eyes glazed over like white orbs, and she threw her head back and yelled, no, leave me alone, in a voice that was in her own. John Paul too performed an exorcism on the spot, blessing Sabrina several times. Now, most reports say that the Pope failed to completely exercise Sabrina, and instead the exorcist for the Diocese of Rome, the man we mentioned earlier, Father Gabriel, a morph. He had to perform several more exorcisms on Sabrina to completely get rid of her demons, and its stories like this where the Pope himself couldn't expel a demon that really freaked me out. You see, Catholics believe that the pope is the successor to Saint Peter the Rock we were just talking about this, whom Jesus appointed as the first head of his church. Therefore, each pope is part of what Catholics call the Apostolic succession, this unbroken line straight back to Saint Peter and his supreme authority. Therefore, the pope is supposed to be the top of the food chain in term of holiness. So if this guy can't can't get rid of a demon, what the fuck does that say about the demon? Yeah, now we have to do a quick time out here. I gotta do a little side step. I just got to mention that you can't talk about exorcisms without talking about Father Gabriel Amorth, the priest who we said had completed John Paul Two's exorcism of Sabrina, Father of More. He was a priest for like sixty years, and he was the Attican's chief exorcist, said to have performed hundreds, if not literally thousands barely exorcisms, and he's the one that founded the International Association of Exorcists, that club. I mentioned earlier that I want to belong to. Yeah, ye, the CIA, the CIA for the Pope. Yeah. Now, in twenty seventeen, William Friedkin, who we all know from the Exorcist movie, made a really good documentary about Father of Morth called The Devil and Father of Morth. And just last year the movie Oscar the Pope's Exorcist came out featuring Russell Crowe's Father of Morth.
Speaker 3: That was a fun movie.
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dumb.
Speaker 1: But now I'm really kind of hoping Hollywood uses Father of Morth's cases and creates movies around them like they did with the Warrens and the Conjuring movies. I think that would be fucking awesome. But sadly, Father of More passed away in September of twenty sixteen. And I'm telling you, this guy's life was so interesting. We got to set time aside to do an episode or two.
Speaker 3: On him, and sounds like there's a lot a lot of material stories on him, not to mention the the amount of stuff we don't know right.
Speaker 1: That would be a great episode or two. And we listeners had to take a quick break. We're not playing any music or anything, so we're coming back. But during this quick little break we took Oscar watched that video of Paul Francis and Angel, and I just wanted to get his thoughts on it real quick before I continue with So, Benedict the sixteenth, this is the next Pope we're talking about.
Speaker 3: So, first of all, your description was it was good? I mean I basically said exactly what you what you described Two things. One and I'm only mentioned because I'm an idiot. I wasn't listening completely clearly. But for some reason, imagine that he actually the guy Angel stood up and you just meant like he kind of like set up for some reason. I imagine him getting up. No, I was like, that makes no sense, a miracle, that makes no sense, But it be a miracle, rightything else, So there's one just in case other listeners thought the same thing I did.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Secondly, and this is something that you didn't say that I kind of like, I was like, hmmm, is at for a second there in the middle of that very short clip of him touching of Pope touching Angel, he's this is before he gives that face that look like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: He the Angel looked older and then he became younger again.
Speaker 1: That's to me.
Speaker 3: That's like, that's how it looked like when he was like when he had his mouth open, like for a second, he looked I thought he was older. I almost said it a lot while I was watching the video, like, oh, he's an older guy. He's not gonna make it out very long. And then you know, the Pope's hands retreated. I asked his full face more and like, oh no, he's not. He's like not my age, but he's younger. And I'm like, oh wow, and in my head like, oh I thought he was older first se.
Speaker 1: So do you so after seeing that now, and I'm gonna have to go back and look and see if it's you.
Speaker 3: Know, this is just my first reaction to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah's a face change. Do you think that's the demon coming through?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know. I mean the idea of that kind of toll. You know, you think of an immense amount of stress on somebody. You you've seen cases, We've seen cases. I think I've been a victim of this case where you get a gray hair or something, right, yeah, oh God forbid a whole streak or a whole head of hair. It depends on what happens. I famously think of twin peaks, Laura Palmer's dad goes through his Great Streak phase because of the Laura Palmer's murder. Uh, you know, I feel like that kind of amount of stress could fucking age you, you know things. Attribute this to like a presidential term. Also like Obama when he went in he looked a lot younger. When a lot younger, he did, not just age eight years, aged eighty years. That's how I felt, That's how it seemed to me. It wasn't like I saw the demon, more like I saw the effects of the demon more pronounced, because I was so surprised when I saw a clearer picture of Angel that he was younger than I had thought originally.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, listeners, see what you think? What do you see in that video? Let us know? Yeah, contact at chicag Ghost podcast dot com. Anything else on that video? No freaky though, yeah, fucking weird. This shit's real, man. I am one hundred percent a believer. This shit is real. Don't fuck with weigi boards, don't fuck with crystals and all that nonsense. Just read the Bible and do good shit.
Speaker 3: You could fuck with chryslers though.
Speaker 1: Oh Yeah. The Chrysler. Yeah, the La Baron. What a piece of shit.
Speaker 3: What a piece of shit.
Speaker 1: Everyone had him in the nineties though, the convertible Chrysler Baron.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's talk about Pope Benedict the sixteenth, the Catholic pulpe from two thousand and five to twenty and thirteen. In May of two thousand and nine, our demon fighter friend Father and Morp brought two men to Saint Peter's Square during one of Pump Benedict the sixteenth weekly audiences. Now, the two men named Giovanni and Marco, began to tremble and chatter their teeth as the Pope approached in his popemobile. Yes, there's a popemobile. Look it up. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: It's the real thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when Pope Benedict exited his popemobile, both of these men flung themselves on the ground and they began to howl and bang their heads on the concrete. From a distance, Benedict the sixteenth raised his arms and blessed the two men. Father of Morth says that at that point, Giovanni and Marco were thrown ten feet backwards and they began to sob and cry hysterically because they were finally rid of their demons.
Speaker 3: We're maybe five meters.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I can't do the conversion. I have no clue. Clue, And now, listeners, I'm sorry, but as I told you guys this in the beginning, stories about popes performing exorcisms are credibly hard to come by, So I'm going to finish the episode with two more stories. The first story is from World War TWI. Now. In September of twenty twenty, an Italian journalist named Fabio Ragona published a book entitled Il miome is Setana, My Name is Satan. In his book, which is based on actual archived Vatican documents that include sworn testimonies from people within the Vatican, Rogona reveals that during World War II the wartime Pope Pope Pious to twelfth, who was Pope from March nineteen thirty nine until his death in October nineteen fifty eight, Pope Pious to twelfth sincerely believed that Adolf Hitler and the entire Nazi Party were under the influence of demons, that there was no other way to explain why Hitler was committing the atrocities that he was other than he was possessed. To try and stop the diabotical things Hitler was doing, Pope Pious to twelve performed multiple exorcisms on to Fure. The Pope performed the exorcisms from a distance from a private chapel inside the Vatican. He hoped that by doing this he could help free Hitler from the influences of the evil spirits inhabiting him and putting an end to the Nazis. And from this I really can't say if Pious to twelve's remote exorcisms really worked or not. Unfortunately, there's not a date associated with the story, so you can't really pinpoint win during World War Two this supposedly happened. Did they take place in the days leading up to April thirtieth, nineteen fifty four, the day Hitler committed suicide and thus ending to Third Reich. If so, then I'd argue that the remote exorcisms could have worked. On the other hand, if the exorcisms took place when Hitler first started marauding across Europe, slaughtering people by the millions, then I'd have to say, no, the exorcisms didn't work. Hard to tell him this one great story. Nonetheless, that is nuts.
Speaker 3: I mean that also could be a very interesting movie or story to tell, like fantasize it a little bit. I have, you have to fictionalize the ship out of that. But that's like you could do. You know, remember the movie about Valkyrie Tom Cruise, Tom Cruise, It's a basic on a real story about one of his kernels or something went against Hilary and plotted and assassination. Obviously they failed, but it was a real thing, real tempt they got. They got squashed, of course, and I got murdered. But uh, it's like you could you could feel like that, like you know, like the magic version Magic and Magic it tries to whatever take down to the religious faith. But what I mean is that you take the supernatural element version of that, right, the religious version of that, but with the rockery setting. That could be fun. That could be a fun movie because you know it's been throughout the ages. Not's either the fear you know, the Third Reich have been demonized Capital D and also but no, but I'm saying like literally demon like they're there. They are demons. They you know, they they've been seeing in cartoons this way, They've been shown in movies and books as this way or that you think of the Nazi werewolf thing era horror movies like, it's not and it's not a crazy leap. That's sometimes that could be a fun saying there's no real thing for me. I don't have a real insight because we don't know enough that they would be massively, massively appreciated, because you can imagine, like if we knew the date, what kind of speeches were around that era, if you if you could see a falter or skip and also if I were were either pope, I would have added goring and goobals to that list, not just a feuror because it wasn't just him really.
Speaker 1: Right, but you're right, yeah, yeah, I just I know it's a little vague. Yeah, it's a great story. Okay, Now my last story isn't about an exorcism on a person. It's an exorcism on an idea. This one concerns Pope Pious to twelfth and has talked about in Ragona's book ilmilnome Satana my name is Satan. So this is another story from that book that well researched supposedly inside information book right now, in the book Ragona talks about how on May nineteen. In May nineteen fifty eight, on the eve of the very important Italian general election, Pope Pious to twelfth performed multiple remote exorcisms to try and ward off demonic influence from affecting the outcome of the election, as there was a very real possibility that the notoriously anti Catholic Italian Communist Party could win the election against the Christian Democrats, with a man named Palmiro Togliati representing the Communist Party and Amatoi Fanfani representing the Christian Democracy Party. Now, in this instance, it seemed Pope Pious to Twelfth's remote exorcisms worked as the Christian Democrat that's one that critical election twenty three point three two million votes between the upper and lower houses compared to the Communists twelve point four million votes, literally almost half the votes. Wow, So I would say this remote exorcism worked.
Speaker 3: That's that's funny. I mean, can you I mean, I don't even know on an idea seems a little like using a shotgun to kill a bee kind of thing, like overkill. Okay, maybe might wrong, and like you're trying to sounds that could be dire consequences, right, hoving to kill an idea. I mean, you see, you've as seen inception come on, you know, supplanting or taking out an idea. It's very dangerous work. And you don't know how it's going to happen or how it's going to fruit negatively afterwards. True, kind of like the butterfly effect, how it's.
Speaker 1: Going to fruit negatively afterwards.
Speaker 3: And you know, I'm not saying I believe that this works, but they do so to think that, to think that they would be I mean, I know it's a different time, people think differently. I get it. Communism was much more of a real threat things like that. I get it. I mean, I don't get it at than lit those times, but I get it. So I don't know how Dyer it felt. But still it seems like I would have rethought this first personally, not because I'm pro communism, but definitely I'm circle of cripitalism. But like in general, I'm saying, in general, we shouldn't dismiss ideas.
Speaker 1: Got it, No, I get it. Very interesting, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: Here's this this this little man, this little polpe man, right in a secluded room in the Vatican, fucking Vatican, its own country, right, Yeah, secluded in the most holiest of holy buildings, and he's performing remote exorcism. That's how much he believes in this practice, this belief.
Speaker 3: This reminds me of so many other things that we've talked about on the show, Like one of them is the idea. And I mentioned this before even recently one of our previous shows from this year where I mentioned ones and I remember how the context, but that the power player is a real thing, Like.
Speaker 1: We were talking about that last episode.
Speaker 3: Was it last episode? Okay, I wasn't sure if it was that recent or if it was before, But the power Player is a real thing, and there's a there's many you mentioned that two examples of that happening where the remote prayer is a big example of the main head of the successor line from Saint Peter doing that remotely. Is that kind of thing, you know, he has the power of all that, Like it also makes you believe, not believe, take the power of belief into account for a lot of the things that kind of shape the world, like whether we know it or not, things that we can explain for people who are not religious, maybe people who still are are still being governed by things like this because so many people believe it. Like, regardless of what you feel want about it, Catholicism slash religious in general are moving the world regardless of what you ever say or thing, regardless of how logical you are, I am whatever, it's not going to change the fact that most people believe and that will always change the world, right, and that's that should not be forgotten.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. Before we close out, I wanted to ask you what do you think of this idea where the holiest of holy people Pope can't exercise a demon, cannot expel a demon? What what what do you think of that?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a bad thing. I think there's a right person for the job, which.
Speaker 1: I wonder.
Speaker 3: I also feel like it's time based how so, like for example, like a lot of the things that people don't realize when you're when you fall in love is that time is a big factor. You need to have the right timing to fall in love with someone. Like if you're in a bad time in your life, you'll never meet the private person, you know what I'm saying. So when you stop looking kind of like that, Well, that's that's playing cheek, a little little tongue in cheek, but like, yeah, it's a little true, Like you need the right time, Like you can meet the greatest person, that's for you, but if you're both married to different people, that's the wrong time, right right. Like things like that, I feel like the same can be applied to exorcisms. Maybe not just the right person necessarily, but the right time. Like whenever Angels four demons could have been taken down, either the time was before that time or after, and they missed it. They missed that window.
Speaker 1: That's what I think interesting. I was thinking, well, what if what if the Pope isn't as popely as he likes to believe?
Speaker 3: If the popeology doesn't that's hard to say.
Speaker 1: But what if what if he has doubts about his holiness? What if he has doubts about his faith?
Speaker 3: I think he's pretty human to have doubts. Can't he is the human? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course, although he succeeds directly from Saint Peter. So I guess see that kind of irks me.
Speaker 3: It sees me out a little bit because it kind of leaks a little bit of monarchies. Or is that the right word? One of my thinking, you know, kings and queens and shd that that you can only be the ruler of land if you're descending from the previous ruler thrones, right like any Well, we've had that kings and queens here for a long time. Sure, I mean, Game took it from Europe.
Speaker 1: So yeah, monarchy I think is correct.
Speaker 3: Monarchy right, Okay, it's just been a while as I thought of these words. So monarchy, I feel like it feels too much like that. I'm definitely against that as a ruling society. I hate that. But excuse me out a little bit, not a lot, not enough to dissuade me. I'm just saying that. That's how it seems to me. Did that answer anything? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It was just our thoughts on the fact that some demons can't Does that bout you know, that he couldn't do it? Kind of does? It's freaky, that's freaky. Shit.
Speaker 3: Do you think evil is more prominent? You know? And with time and the current times?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, we're fucked. We're fucked. We're about to We're we're about to drink more whiskey. And record a different episode on a real sick fucker. So yeah, we're fucked evil progresses man, and it's I think. I think it's winning. I really do. And that scares me, especially having kids and stuff. That shit scares me scares me a little less beause I don't have kids. Yeah, well maybe one day.
Speaker 3: No, shut up, tight your tongue, don't do it. Bite your tongue, don't try to cut it off. All right, And with that we shore on our show listeners.
Speaker 1: I truly hope you like this little series on exorcisms. Happy All Saints Day. Make sure and go and check the show notes for DJ Eric Rich's socials. Tell all your friends and family about our podcast. Subscribe like whatever.
Speaker 3: And your enemies too.
Speaker 1: Tell your enemies, especial your enemies. We need the support. Oscar, please take us home. He's meant to be shared. Man.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the Platform Part two? Well? Probably both part one.
Speaker 1: We really like part two.
Speaker 3: I love part one. When it came out, you like part two?
Speaker 1: I couldn't get into it. Why not? I don't know what it was. I can't tell you what I didn't like about it. I just I couldn't get into it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I couldn't get into it. I'm thinking that maybe the thing that you didn't connect to was they added as religious aspect to it. Well, some people could see it that way. I didn't see it that way, but it's possible.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was that. I just I guess I could. I could have given a shit less about the characters, like I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't give a show without characters the last time either. And I still love the movie. Bro, have you seen the Substance?
Speaker 1: No, dude, you told me about it. I want to see it.
Speaker 3: I've seen it twice. Now, did you really so good?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: It's so funny too. I think it's also pretty funny. I don't know how you'll take it. I think you'll take it funny.
Speaker 1: I get weirded out with body horror like I did. Like it's fun, but I get really freaked out with body horror. Is it that?
Speaker 3: I mean? Look, because I'm reading, I mean you and I are prose with horror with pros. Yeah, we've seen it all. It's not gonna I mean, you've definitely never seen this body horror like this. For sure, it's new, but it's not. We've seen extreme Okay, you know what I'm saying. Okay, but it's up there. It's an extreme category. It's just that we've seen other dreams. To a lot of people, though it was bat new. This is horrifying to that. That's how people walk out of the theater at both time.
Speaker 1: So you actually saw that, So that happened.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, that's their dumb ass fall of not understanding what the hell they're walking into.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of cool that we have something like that nowadays.
Speaker 3: Well, well that's what I've been telling people, is I guess all stickle goal, we're going to come back to this stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, in the beast seventies and eighties, it seems like that happened pretty frequently. Yeah, that's how you just have to push that envelope. Yep, and far nowadays we're back then.
Speaker 3: And we weren't around them in seven is in eighty As much as I make fun of you, we weren't actually around that much. So like, yeah, we don't know. In the seventies and eighties there, well, there was also a ship ton of sequels and remakes that people complained about, just like today, Like it's the same man. Also, if you just look around. There's plenty of original movies out there, that's right, the hs beyond.
Speaker 1: Yes, the one when they were in the airplane that was great.
Speaker 3: That was like the best one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, easily the best one.
Speaker 3: Easily the best one. You know, Katie Siegel is one of the directors.
Speaker 1: Who is Katie Siegel?
Speaker 3: Casey, if my memory strikes and double check, is the lead actress from My Married the Children. That's what I thought, tis not her. I don't think it is always a different Because.
Speaker 1: We watched another movie that had Katie's Siegel. I'm like, oh my god, that's cool. Waited the whole movie and peg never popped up. Really, yes, so it's somebody else that's Kate Kate Siegel. They're saying Katie Siegel or vice versas.
Speaker 3: Really, did I get it wrong? I thought it was her. I thought like, oh, maybe another actor you know, doing movies or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, no, but I don't think. I don't think that's her, do you hear me? Okay, by the way, oh.
Speaker 3: Yes I do.
Speaker 2: This is what I wanted.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So I was both right and wrong. Kate Siegel is both an actor and but it's not that you're right Katie Siegel is the married with children girl.
Speaker 1: Katie.
Speaker 3: Kate Siegel is also an actress. She did in movies with like Hush. She was the lead actress in Hush, and she did a lot of those Netflix horror stories made by that one guy who does a little The Matter wand Haunting of Hill House.
Speaker 1: Okay, you took.
Speaker 3: Going with the gloves in that one with always wearing gloves, right, that's her. So this is her, remember I don't. So that's pretty Yeah, she's in a bunch of movies and stuffs. She loves horror. She only wants wants to do horror. And then the other person that did something is remember that for Babies, the dog one, the dog should segment. Yes, yes, yes, that was made by Justin Monk. Was it really yeah, directed by him. But she did the store away one, she did the airplane one, so that was.
Speaker 1: I think the best one.
Speaker 3: It's the best one was weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember like that.
Speaker 3: Also, I thought there was supposed to be aliens. I didn't get what the aliens said in that one, but whatever, I don't think it did. I don't think it did either. What I'm saying, Yeah, I thought I thought the purpose of this VHS movie was all alien stories, and that one didn't seem.
Speaker 1: Like You're right, that's right. So what was the first story? Again?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, I had the page just gone. So you don't want me to go so damn paranormal?
Speaker 1: Do you want to keep it the same?
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm just asking you. I don't know. I mean, there's no wrong answer to Jay. I'm just I'm just making sure.
Speaker 1: How it would sound like if we play off what she says last. Yeah, the right listeners were here.
Speaker 3: Oh I see. Also, this could be like part of the new intro from not One, like a staple that's different. Oh I see.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, I'm done with that completely down. I will say I did make a list, not I don't have to use it. I made a list of different kinds of adjectives I would use instead of so damp paranormal. I don't have to use them. I'm not tied. I'm not tied to them.
Speaker 1: You know we could we could still say it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, how can we do it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's fine. I'm also joking. I don't have a list. I have thought of a few words. But I did see this weird trilogy of movies that I don't recommend, called The Underground Something, The Underground. I think it's called The Underground Murders, The Underground Something. Three movies almost made back to back. I think I don't know how they were made. They're all like super found footage. They're all fond footage.
Speaker 1: Okay, that could be good or bad, right, I would.
Speaker 3: Say it's only good in the sense that it's very devoted, Like they go all out to make it feel as genuine as possible as a home video as you can make it. And it's about these uh, complete dick holes people who are crazy, murdering, asshole dirty people type. They're like white trash, but they murder people are based on mood and horniness. Really they can have a lot of women, and they make it look so genuine they do. They make these actors do things that you genuinely think a few times, is this real?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Which I think it's cool in its own way, like a horror thing. Like I would hate to think that I watched a horror movie and laughed at something or enjoyed it, and if it was real, that would make me feel like really bad. Yeah, I don't want that to happen. And obviously it's fake, but like it looks really real, Like you questioned it, like did they make them eat that disgusting thing just for the movie? Did they make them?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: How did did choke that girl out that long? I mean, it's all made in someone's basement. This is a super low red movie. Wow, you know, like how do they make this? You know, you know, like whatever, it's pretty horrifying and in the sense I could just just brutality, but like the movie has no there's nothing going on, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Just just brutal, brutal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so its it's a novelty at best.
Speaker 1: And what's it called?
Speaker 3: I have it in my.
Speaker 2: Right here?
Speaker 3: What am I doing?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: While you're looking that up? That reminds me of a movie I saw and I can't remember the name, but it was a documentary about a Texas town that one night someone came through and killed everybody in the town, everybody.
Speaker 3: That's sounds familiar. And what's the name of it?
Speaker 1: I can't remember the name of it's it was riveting and I was like, oh my god, this is crazy. This is gonna be a great podcast episode, and I looked it up and it was a mockumentary. I'm like, motherfucker, Like they had me, dude, they had me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had me, and it had like this kind of remember the names, what year and nothing? Damn August on the ground August.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've seen that or something.
Speaker 3: They came out. The first one came out in two thousand and one, two and three, and twousand and seven. Those are the three. I can tell them to you if you want by then, I don't know, if you don't worry.
Speaker 1: I wish I could remember the name of that Texas thing.
Speaker 3: It sounds a little familiar, but not that familiar either, So I can't tell you I was.
Speaker 1: I was in, I was hooked, I was I was bemboozled.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw one like that one mocumentary that it didn't bad booles to me because I knew going in that it was a mockumentary, but it almost got me still, like it was so genuine, like so good. It was called it was one of those Lake movies, Lake Mungo Lake. I think it was Lakemungo. I might have gotten wrong, though it might be a different lake. It's a documentary about the school that goes missing, and there's like cell phone footage but like two thousand and five era cell phone or six or something, and they show that at the end, but they do anyviews with these families, with the families of the girl and let up to the disappearance. It all feels so genuinely like a documentary. They act like a family literally pulls out of nowhere. They act, they act like they don't know how to act. It's so good. Well, I might I guess, fooling me. I'm watching a movie that I know. It's a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. That's good producing and writing and.
Speaker 3: Acting, acting, especially the father. The father does such a good job.
Speaker 1: Is there nudity in the original Halloween?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Right, yeah?
Speaker 1: There is? Yeah in the original Hello the first Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you want me to tell you where?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Because Katy was just asking, like, what's a good Halloween movie to start Nico with?
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean it's it's it's in the dark. It's remember the boyfriend that Michael Myers kills, like chokes him to death, the girl before he's fucking you see your tads?
Speaker 1: You do he's seen boobs before.
Speaker 3: You don't see anything else as far as my memory goes. And you see like a lot of through the blouse kind of nipples if that matters to you. Because it's the seventies, you know, they don't have no bras you know, so maybe even Jamie Leader Curtis, I'm not sure, but yeah, a lot of a lot of nipple through the shirt kind of action. Do not show him return I Living Dead though. That girl's naked the whole movie, like Stark naked, so naked in fact that I looked her up. I'm like, was she porn?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Did she? Did they hire a porn started to do this because I couldn't believe how they made this actress.
Speaker 1: Do all this, which she just knows.
Speaker 3: No, no, not no, but she did a lot of horror in the eighties, but like, no, not a porn. I'm like, God, damn, poor girl went to the ringer on this on these sets.
Speaker 1: But I mean, he's seen he's seen Polter Guy. He's he's I don't know if he's seen anime. Though you see Jaws, he's seen that.
Speaker 3: Maybevill It was pretty tame compared No, am I wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean the conjuring I have seen has he seen The Conjuring. No, that's a perfect kid, not kid, but like not violent like that right as a PG thirteen movie, But only that one. The rest kind of the rest kind of go downhill. I mean, I like The Conjuring too, but I don't love it like the first one.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've been watching a lot of movies. Maybe I could just give you a few ideas. Oh, don't watch Joker.
Speaker 1: It sucked. It's so they fucking thinking.
Speaker 3: You saw it?
Speaker 1: No, No, for just that reason. Everywhere you turn it sucks. Everyone hates it. Man, What were they thinking? Why would they do that? The First Joker was fantastic. I loved it.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 3: I've always been on the not the hate training Joker, but I definitely thought that the first Joker is it. It is a masterpiece in comparison. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a what a shame.
Speaker 3: It's because my biggest pine with the First Joker and everyone was loving it. It is like, I just like, all I see is these two Scorsese movies pushed together. And I've seen those two scorss movies. Why do I care which?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Taxi Driver and the one that literally it's about Robert de Niro trying to be Carson and goes to the Late show.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Casino.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, it's not no.
Speaker 1: He has his little show and Casino.
Speaker 3: Oh I see he does.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: No, this is much more.
Speaker 1: No, this is much more.
Speaker 3: He's like a stand up comedian. Like it's very much like Joker. It's exactly like the plot of Joker. Huh uh, it's gonna tell me nuts. I need to look it up now. I can't believe what I will remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, I liked it. I like the original Joker. I can't believe what they did in the second one. Why they would make that choice. It's got to be a joke. I think the real Joker is still said to come out. Yeah, well.
Speaker 3: No, it won't come out. The King of Comedy never seen it. Yeah, good, passionate yet unsuccessful comedian stalks and kidnaps his idol to take the spotlight for himself. Very similar vibes. They were the most copy of scene, exactly like it. I'm like, why do I give a shit about the Joker?
Speaker 1: I didn't pick up on that.
Speaker 3: I just didn't like.
Speaker 1: What about Megalopolis?
Speaker 3: I saw that too, dude.
Speaker 1: People are fucking now.
Speaker 3: That movie is also a masterpiece compared to The New Joker. I'll say that, and people, it's not good. No, the guy is so out of touch. When you who's Scorsese, No, Coppola.
Speaker 1: Fuck Copla.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, No, scores gets better?
Speaker 1: Yeah right right, Okay, were you at a theater when.
Speaker 3: They Yeah, not my theater. You have to go to an imax to see that. You're talking about the interview thing with Spike Lee. Yeah, I heard all about it, though I read so many things, Wait, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: It's where there's an interview scene and oh.
Speaker 3: When he comes like he talks to the people on screen, like yeah, I also didn't get that. That's also that was an imax for regular people. On the opening weekend for that movie. I think that one day was out the first day from New York. Coppola, de Niro and Spike Lee won a room together and they did like a video on call like Q and A before the movie. And it made no sense. Oh really, of course not because Spike Lee and Roberton are not even the movie. What the fuck all they do is hype up Coppola. It makes no sense, and apparently the moderator is such a terrible job moderateor like it's a terrible, one bad thing after just.
Speaker 1: One hundred million dollars, it does.
Speaker 3: It did create one of everyone's favorite line from that movie. I don't remember anymore, but something about something, yeah, something, Adam rivers. I forget that. I've heard it many times. I really forgot it though, I Smithsonian mine something. I don't know. I think it's a it's a complete disaster, but it's a wonderful, fascinating disaster, for sure. Like he goes for it, he tries, he's very hopeful, I would say, compared to Joker, Joker doesn't do Ship, doesn't try. It's like actively going against this audience. Joker too, it literally eats his audience. That's what it's about. He's like, you love the first Joker wrong, don't love a bad guy. We're gonna kill him in front of you and do nothing with him.
Speaker 1: Does a Joker die?
Speaker 3: I thought you knew that. No, Well, it doesn't matter. It's so un ceremonious, it's so on ceremony. It's such a dumb thing you wouldn't even made it through it.
Speaker 1: So is this a Joker where he's going to come back into the clown Prince.
Speaker 3: No, they don't give a shit.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: The only fascinating part of the New Joker is Lady Gaga's version of har Harley because and in this and the New One, she has all the power, so she's the manipulator. She is the enforcer of that power couple to be. You know, when they meet, she's doing she's calling all the shots, and that was fascinating, Like I never seen that before, kind of a cool take. It's never it's never that way. But they don't do they don't do anything with it. They literally show it just to tell you that it's not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: So what's the point here?
Speaker 3: It's a big fuck you? My opinion is, and the director has said it I think in an interview too, like that's how brazen he feels. He is. He's like, I spend all this money to make a movie because he hates the fans that love the first Joker. He hates people that love Joker, not the movie, the character, but like he because a lot of people, I mean not you and I maybe, but a lot of people loved kind of like idealizing the anti right, it kind of like Walter White, I guess, and and people and people were taking it to not extremes, not even a little bit, but like people were talking about that online like that, and and that's what he hated.
Speaker 1: And so he basically made a Joker sequel where he belittle Joker, ecd emasculated Joker with Harley Quinn and other end of court thing, made all the setup and build up to literally end with nothing and do nothing with it and have no connections to nothing about DC A Joker, not that that matter doesn't explain shit.
Speaker 3: It's doesn't. It's literally a fuck you to the fans. The whole movie feels and it is a fuck you to the fans. Wow, one hundred percent. It's the most anti personal personal movie I've ever seen that spends that much, because it spend like two hundred million dollars to make it, and like it's ridiculous, what a waste of money. It made no money, thankfully. Oh, I hope, I hope he goes to the directors Jai because I never liked that director of fuck Come.
Speaker 1: So I thought so obviously the first one, Yes, Top Phillips, he did the first one too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he he made a sequel to his own movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was the Hangover movies. I knew that was his first time. Yeah, that was when it got I think so. I think so, at least the first one.
Speaker 1: They're funny.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I remember there being funny. I couldn't tell you anything that happened to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike Tyson, but sure, I love Mike Tyson.
Speaker 3: I remember caneong right is not yes from the community.
Speaker 1: Wow, Because my question was gonna be more the like a new director doing this. Don't they have to stay within some sort of parameters or something like contracts.
Speaker 3: It doesn't give a ship. The same guy does not give a ship. Literally, Okay, I can explain to you what a fuck you felt at the end. So at the end, he's in prison. He does not go to our jail, and uh, he starts off in Arkham. I think he is still in Arkham by the end. Yeah, Arkham.
Speaker 1: Yes, any cameos.
Speaker 3: We see Harvey Dent. That's it. He's a prosecutor against him.
Speaker 1: And who gives a shit about Harvey Dents.
Speaker 3: They don't do anything with him. I'll tell you that. Yeah, you know, but that's it anyway, he gets uh. This is after Harlequin Dumptam his escape attempt failed. He doesn't give a shit about anything. He told the truth, meaning like there is no joke or it's only been Arthur Fleck whatever his real name is, and he's like whatever, it's all depressing and weird and doesn't go anywhere. He gets the guards like, we got a visitor for you. He goes out to walk there and one of the other prisoners confronts him and stab shanks him to death because he was one of his big support Big girl and same there. So he was one of his big supporters. And when he confess the tooth on my Core TV that there was no joker and all this, he's like, we got Budther hurt about it, got offended. So he shanked him on this hallway on his way to see a visitor that we never see.
Speaker 1: We don't know who came to see him, not even been.
Speaker 3: That's the fuck you among many fuck you's in that movie, and that's how it acts.
Speaker 1: What the fuck man?
Speaker 3: Terrible movie, terrible movie, don't watch it. I'm saving you, Wow, I'm saving you from yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's so, that's such a bummer.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm saving you from the rants that. Honestly I would have loved to hear because you ran, you ran really well.
Speaker 1: But you know, wow, dude, Yeah, because I remember when I first heard there was a Joker Too, I'm like, fuck, yes, can't wait.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean, I was interested. I picked if he were reviewing it we reviewing on the show, because I picked it before I saw it, and I was like, I'll pick Joker Too when it's a big movie, I'll review it. Then now know it's gonna be that Wow, I regret of picking that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean when I heard that, Lady Goga like, okay, I could buy you into that.
Speaker 3: She's nuts right. It's also a little bit of a musical exactly. So then when which didn't bug me.
Speaker 1: When I heard musical, I'm like, wait a minute, what's happened?
Speaker 3: I think that could be fascinating. You could make a fascinating movie with that. The movie is also barely a musical. It takes a lot of music that isn't original, which I think it feels weird in the movie. And I now Legog is great in the movie. It's just that she has nothing to do nothing of value to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, is she all tatted up and stuff?
Speaker 3: No, no, she looks haggard. She looks like she's been through the ringer but now not tatted at all.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah it sucks.
Speaker 1: It really does suck.
Speaker 3: It really with them?
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And I like, I really like, I mean, Jaqui Vini is giving it as all. But like what, you know, he's not in charge. He's just an actor.
Speaker 1: I like like everything he does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I didn't like Bowls of Fray, but he was great in bols Afraid.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen that one, but oh, you haven't seen it everything.
Speaker 3: I just watched the first hour. Really like, the first hour is amazing, the second and third and you know, gersisted it.
Speaker 1: I know, I remember which one you were talking about. I just I don't know why I've we missed that.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just so funny. It's just so funny that the first hour of that movie.
Speaker 1: There was also some articles about him at the very last minute walking off a movie or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he walked out of a.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of these actors.
Speaker 3: The director that made May December, which was my number one movie last year, he walked out of his new movie and that everyone's definitely disappointed with that.
Speaker 1: Did they ever say, why wasn't something like homo?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. They I heard that mentioned. I don't know if it's like a rumor as opposed to the truth. He gave an interview about it. I don't remember what he said, but I think it's about creative difference as regarding the character. I think that's what it was. And he just walked out though he just walked.
Speaker 1: Out like that my contract. I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they halted production and everything. There's another actor maybe seen Rebel.
Speaker 1: Ridge Andrew Garfield, who isn't it?
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, I know what you're thinking of. You're thinking of something Rich the War movie with Mel Gibson, not with sorry he directed Schrich. Yes, that was that was the long time ago, all right, So this revel riches from this year. It's a Netflix movie. Great, great fucking movie. I love that movie. Rebel Rich is amazing. But the lead actor of the black guy in that character that was supposed to be played by who's the Star Wars guy? Again? The Star Wars guy is the only black guy in Star Wars. I know it was not the only Atlanta Courisians black too, but I mean the from the new era.
Speaker 1: I forgot his name, fuck Kai, I forgot his name.
Speaker 3: No, his name is Finn or Finn Finn, but I forgot his actors. Well whatever, that guy he was supposed to be the lead actor in Rebel Ridge and he just walked out and people like calling him and he's just like out of the country, just left that production, out of nowhere, and they contacted this guy, nailed it. He should have stayed for that movie. That movie was great.
Speaker 1: Wow, But did they ever find out what happened to Fenn?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I mean it's not like people lost him, but he just left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would you do that? Like a walking which is all.
Speaker 3: Fucking crazy, like what I don't know crazy. Well, I don't know. He's done Star Wars. I don't think he needs hit I guess, but.
Speaker 1: Wish I had that problem. Yeah, But getting back to the route.
Speaker 3: To mention that jacking, Vange also doesn't need money. He doesn't need that money.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, his name alone gets people to the theater. So there's only like five actors that can.
Speaker 1: Do that, unless what was a bad one, Napoleon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was, but he still got people to that not as much.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that was the draw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and really, Scott, I guess, but that movie sucked, true.
Speaker 1: That's what you said. Yeah, I'm like, but the root was we should probably still do something like do the little short movie. Oh yes, that's how we started talking about all these Yeah, a little do a little something, because you know, once we watched Cereal Milk, Cereal Milk and Cereal. Once we watched that, we started looking at all these other little shorts that were on YouTube. There's hundreds of millions of them. Probably, yeah, there were. Some of them are really good, some of them are mediocre, and some were like, we could do that, you know, we could. We could do something like that, Yeah, and just throw it up there see what happens, man, You never know? Yeah, how think that would be dope? It would be really fun.
Speaker 3: And the audience when I did short films, when when I had hope and gave the ship.
Speaker 1: When I still had a spring in my step, a glint.
Speaker 3: In my eye and a lie, we used to do cast and calls. I forgot the websites. I don't I don't know if they're around anymore. That's how long ago was. But the cast and calls were like literally actors wanting to start, but also like you know, the pay was the food, like we just pay you in pizza like that's it, you know, that's that's how it is to start. There is no pay.
Speaker 1: How do we do it? Man? What's the first step? Write something right? Like a script?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, know what the fuck we want to do? Get the equipment?
Speaker 1: Do you have cameras like that or would you? So?
Speaker 3: I Luke has two cameras, h yeah, for what? He has no fucking family?
Speaker 1: No, I mean he doesn't. What does he do with them?
Speaker 3: Nothing? He takes pictures on Japan and ship like that, but nothing. But they're they're good DSLR. No, they work for video too, they're good DSLRs. They work for both ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah that I think it was the back of your chair that time. Okay, I think it was because it goes out like this.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think, don't fuck with me.
Speaker 1: It's like a body shape the back. If you look at the back the chair, it's like a body.
Speaker 3: Shape, I believe.
Speaker 1: So I think that you turn the right way and it looked like it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he let me borrow one of them. For a few months ago. I had had a photo shoot for money that I made, but it was one done and uh, I still have it. He's like, you can just use it for whatever. He doesn't need to cameras. It doesn't even need one, you know. And yeah, so yeah, and we have our phones, so.
Speaker 1: We don't need those big fucking things like this. So those big not kimbals.
Speaker 3: Like Gimble will be cool, but we don't need them. No, really, we need a steady camshot. We need a skateboard. We do it right, skateboard and carpet won't make noise. It's great. I mean, that's that's the DIY way of doing it. You can also make fake railings. There's plenty of on YouTube back then when YouTube was newer. I seen videos that we've studied to make tracks with tubes and stuff that we could get at home depot for like nothing, and to make tracks. So we can make a shot though we call it. Got them so bad with the lingo? Now, yeah, a tracking shot, yeah.
Speaker 1: We should man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the second will be equipment, and more important than a camera is sound because these are good mics, No, are not good enough?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, they're great. But they're they're not for the job for what we need. We need the mics to be away from we can't show the mic on camera. No, And as you're doing a show a movie about podcasting, we.
Speaker 1: Could be podcasters. Well, wouldn't we just take these polls.
Speaker 3: And like, yeah, the boom, that's like the boom mic. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Would we have to buy new mics or no?
Speaker 3: But we'd have to you know, probably guess some stuff. I don't know right now. This is off the top of my head. I'm not a sound guy at all, but in one of the big rules of not Hollywood, but like all movies, is that the picture could be could be shit, and it could be considered artistic. The sound has to be perfect or it's always considered as shit.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, That makes sense.
Speaker 3: People will not forget. People don't think about the sound unless it's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Sound is number one, or at the very least as important. That's picture.
Speaker 1: I want to do it. I think it would be great. I think it would be so much fun because not we could just go back to the old way. But I just figured riff off.
Speaker 3: Of you know that in the past. I'm not gonna do this. I don't think I will just interrupt.
Speaker 1: You just completely derailed the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I remember good because I've done any made time, and it's okay, so all right, all right, ready for the countome.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm gummy like so I keep like drinking water like rinse in my mouth.
Speaker 3: Hum, I don't know. I feel fine. The stoo is in five four three two