Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Invite Radio. You're about to receive responsible, life changing information on health and nutrition. You'll hear from Invite professionals who are leaders and targeted and anti aging nutrition. Get ready for tomorrow's Nutritional Science Today right here, right now. Good morning, Happy Saturday. Thanks for joining me on the sojourn where we delve into nutritional supplements and their benefits. My name is Jerry Hickey. I'm a nutritional pharmacist, licensed pharmacist, and I've been doing this for many, many, many decades. In fact, I've been on this radio station for many decades. In fact, I've been with Invite for many decades, So welcome to the program. I spent a lot of time this week reviewing the latest research on the oils from fish and what they do for our brain, and to be honest with you, it bowled me over. I mean, it's just really rather amazing. Your brain is mostly fat. You don't want that fat made out of the fats and margarine and corn oil and butter. You want allow that fat to be from fish oils. It's really important. Sixty percent of your brain it's estimated as fats. So the fats and fish oils have a powerful, great range of benefits and very positive effects, age defying effects on your brain. And I strongly caution you not to ignore the benefits of fish oils. So you can eat really high quality fish like wild caught salmon, or you could take super high quality fish oils. The invite fish oils are on special today. They are pharmaceutical grade. There's no PCBs or mercury or anything like that in there. Or you could take crom oil like I do every day, take crill oil because krill oil has a couple of things in it that are great for your brain that you don't find in a fish oil supplement. But either one is great. Either one is great. Fish oils are crill oil great, way ahead of the curve doing that. So I'm going to discuss a little even though it's early, I'm going to discuss a little biochemistry with you and our brain. The oils in fish are converted to SPMs, and this is really important. SPMs stands for specialized pro resolving mediators, things that correct the brain. Things that correct the immune system in the brain. So the immune system is really powerful. I mean, and people with covid and the flu and pneumonia, et cetera. It's the immune system that basically destroys your lungs, right, so you know what's powerful. And people with autoimmune diseases, which are life threatening, it's the immune system destroying you. So you don't want the immune system destroying your brain. So when you get sufficient fish oils, you create these SPMs, and these are mediators that they create things in your brain. They create protectings, they create marasons, they create resolvings. So let me explain what these things do. There's a bunch of marasons in the brain. They block the death of brain cells in general, that's their job. So morascins that fissils are converted into. You need the officials to make these things block the death of your brain cells prematurely. Then there's protectives, so your brain cells have to communicate. They do this through axons and dendrites, and these things shrink with ag so our brain cells shrink with age, and this really affects our memory and our humanity. Protectings basically prevent the shrinkage your brain cells. These important parts of brain cells, and then the resolverns. They basically shield the lifespan of the brain cell. Now additionally, fish oils well krill oils specifically creates a sea. Coldine will go into that plasmalagins will go into that brain cell, membranes will go into that. So I originally saw a bunch of French and Canadian researchers studying this several years ago, and now it's been updated by researchers at King's College in London and Guys King Saint Thomas School of Medicine in London. These are real brainiacs, really break people. And I'm going to put in a nutshell because these are very long studies with a great deal of jargon and a great deal of biochemistry in it. There are two chemical pathways that could destroy your brain or destroy your whole body. As a matter of fact, did he micaloxygenized pathway and the lapoxygen ah pathway. These things can kill you. They can destroy you, they can end you, they can cause disease. They could greatly speed up the rapidity of aging in the brain. This is really important. This is like the most important thing maybe that fish oils do physiologically, whereas anatomically they do other things that are really important. So physiologically, the fiss oils take these chemicals in your brain. These are natural pathways in your brain, the Cox two pathway, the lupoxygenized pathway, or natural to the brain. They take these pathways and instead of them destroying the brain, they push them to create chemical mediators in the brain that preserve the brain and protect the brain. So basically they're flipping the immune system in your brain, like microglial cells. Microglial cells can attach to and destroy your brain cells. They take these and they flip them and instead of destroying your brain, the microglia will detoxify the brain. It'll remove particles from the brain, like the particles that build up that lead to things like Telzheimer's, et cetera. So this is really key. Now. Additionally, krill oil activates something called P par gamma, which is like treminously exciting. This is why I take krill and you could deal with fish oils are eating fish torol cell. Don't get me wrong, but I just think krill does a better job. P par Gamma activity in the brain is very very good. It blocks a chemical from getting into your brain cell and destroying your DNA and your brain cell, or damaging the DNA and your brain cell. In other words, Wow, this slows the aging process of your brain. It helps slow the loss of memory if that's going to happen and you in particular, I don't think it's happened to me, but it happens to a lot of people. Maybe it's happened to me, but you know, I see to be doing fine. So in particular, when the krill oil stimulates P par gamma activity in a brain, it's blocking something called nuclear factor but BEE from damaging your brain cells. So this is all it sounds like, you know, it's all biochemical stuff, but this is incredibly important for your ongoing memory and your cognitive functions, you know, your ability to learn and understand things and figure things out. But they found that the fish oils and the krill oil also do something else. And this is a really long biochemical explanation, but I'm just going to give you the result. Through activities of the oils in krill or fish oils, it allows neurotransmitters to be made and stored in your brain cells. So they could be released on demand whenever the brain needs them. So there's about one hundred neurotransmitters in the brain. For instance, serotonin release after a meal controls your appetite see don't keep on eating, or it helps get rid of anxiety. It does other things too. Gab into brain calms the brain down. Glutamated glutomic acid pe brain up. Dopamine helps you function a style calling allows you to learn. So it's a combination of these nerd transmitters that allows the brain to function like a human like a mixture of GABA, dopamine and acetal collin releases at the correct time, allows you to solve problems, allows you to learn, allows you to remember, allows you to take action to do things like melatonin at night is needed for sleep and healing and bone building and immunity and healing the digestive tracts. So all of these things are dependent on their proper release from your brain cell and the oils in krill and fissuels allow you to do this appropriately. So is a mountain of research, a mountain of research that inflammation in the brain is super toxic. Okay, it's called neuroinflammation when they speak about it in the brain, they call it neuroinflammation. And neuroinflammation causes the deposit of plaques that leads to Alzheimer's disease and the kind of build up of damage that leads to Parkinson's disease. These are the two most common brain diseases we see in aging individuals like myself. Parkinson's disease has to do with the back of the brain, and it's involved with tremors, and you become rigid and you move slowly, and you have reflux, and you have constipation and pain and all kinds of things, all kinds of things. And Alzheimer's. You know what Alzheimer's does. Alzheimer's is a disease that prevents you from knowing who you are and who your kids are. It literally steals your memories and everything else. So the krill oil and the fish oils block neuro degeneration. And also eating fish. I won't say that it's important to say that some people might not want to take a fish oil or crill oil. I eat fish and take krill oil. I'm doing double duty. I think it's that important. Is so it blocks the inflammation strongly that really is a huge part of major depressive disorder, depression, anxiety, Alzheimer's, all these brain diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lewis body dementia, all these different horrible things. But additionally, when you take krill, you get a form of colin that enters your brain, which is really, really, really important. Colin is nominally a bee vitamin, but most forms of colin do not enter the brain very easily, like colin citrate et cetera doesn't enter the brain very easily. The type of colin in krill is called phosphatidyl colin, and it gets to your brain and it's acetylated and it becomes acetyl colin, And acetyl coling is unbelievably important for you bring. First of all, acetyl colin allows you to remember things without releasing a styl cold. You remember nothing like People with Alzheimer's do not have a scetyl colding. They don't have it. People with mild cognitive impayment, where there's definite damage in the brain and disturbance of memory, they have less than a healthy brain. So my brain, which is functioning fine, would have more acetyl calling than somebody who has some memory loss, and somebody with some memory loss has more acetyo calling than somebody with Alzheimer's disease. It's that important. But aceetyl calling also lets you learn, also lets you unravel mysteries and complex things, such as like learning how to use your new cell phone, or how to use your new stereo system or your new TV set, et cetera. But also acetyl calling allows you to make new brain cells. When you go to sleep at night, you create new memory cells. And it's a setyle calling that's really transformational. Inness It allows you to take stromo stem cells and convert into memory cells. And you can make hundreds of these at night. So if you have less of seedl coline, you're making less new memory cells. Now why is that important? It's called cognitive reserve. These are new healthy brain cells involved with memory and learning and cognitive functions and your internal GPS et cetera. Where you are, who you are, how you are, et cetera. And they have not been touched by depression, they have not been touched by Alzheimer's plaque. See, your brain goes on working even if you have these things already. Your brain improves and goes on working because you created cognitive reserve. Now. Additionally, fish oils, krill oil, and eating fish creates plasmaalagins, especially krill oil by the way, or eating fish more soda than fissils. So to create plasmaalagins, you can eat salmon, or you could take krill oil. Regular official capsules will not achieve this very readily because there's a lot of things in kryll oil needed to create plasmaalagens. On what are they? There are a bulletproof vests on aging memory cells, on aging brain cells, so aging brain cells have lost a lot of air protection there, they're built in antioxygen protective systems are diminished, so it's easy to kill a brain cell in an older person compared to a younger person. But if you take krill oil, you create basically a bulletproof vest on your brain cell and it's less likely to be damaged. But you also create the cellular membrane on your brain cell. This is really important. Your cellular membrane on your brain cell needs phoster title coline, phospho tytlinocerotol phoster title ethanolamine phoster title ceerine. It needs coline. It needs fish oils. You have to make things called like cerebrosides and ganglicides, et cetera. And these are all fancy terms for things that make up the outside of your brain cell. And you can't really do that as effectively with fish oils because krill has all of these additional ingredients you need to make your brain cell, but it also keeps the the brain cell membrane fluid. So the membrane is the outer part of your brain cell, which is really important because that's you know, you need that functioning for memory, and the brain cell tends to get stiff with age, and the krill oil has all of these things in that that recreate the cellular membrane of your brain cell and keep it fluid and working. So my recommendation eat a really high quality fish two or three times a week, like at least four answers of a really high quality salmon or trout or something like that, or take fish oils daily or what I do. I do eat fish several times a week, and I take krill oil every day with my breakfast. I just want to make sure I'm getting these things into my brain so that my brain is still functioning when I'm ninety five years of age. Okay, we have to go to a break. So our fish oils and our krill ole are on special. You buy two bottles of either and you get fifty percent off suggested retail. So you buy one, you get one free. And if we ship it to you and it's thirty five dollars or more, which this would be, we pay the shipping. So that's like saving an additional six to seven dollars. But it goes better than that. If you use this code, you will get an extra ten percent off Jerry woar. So it doesn't matter if you walk into the store mention Jerry wr or you call on the phone, or you go on the website to place in order, use that code and get ten percent off your purchase. No matter what you buy any Invite product, you get an additional ten percent off by saying Jerry my name wor wor is the radio station, Jerry is my name j E r ry WI. Let's go to a break, Jerry Hicky Invite Health, krill oil and fishals are on special. Off you right back.
Speaker 3: Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundreds six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two to get your buy one, get one free offer. Guess what. You can get even more savings by using promo code jerry Wor take an additional ten percent off. That's right. Use promo code jerry Wor for an additional ten percent off today's radio specials. Don't wait. Call right now for today's specials. Eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Buy one bottle at suggested retail and get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars. Don't forget to mention the promo code Jerry Wor to get an additional ten percent off when you call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two or shop online at invite heealth dot com. Don't wait, call right now eight hundred six three two zero five seven two.
Speaker 2: Okay, Welcome back here, you Hickey for Invite Health. I want to talk about Green Team now. Our green Tea drops and our Green Tea capsules are on the special. You know there's a lot of benefit from drinking a cup of coffee or drinking a cup of green tea. And what I do for my wife and me, we have a cup of green tea. Try to do it twice a day. It's not always possible, but we add a squirt of our green tea liquid in there to double the amount we're getting. So if you take a cup of green tea, you brew a cup of green tea, which is like, I love green tea. I only drink water, green tea, and coffee. That's all I drink. I don't drink soda. I really have very little alcohol. It's water, green tea, and coffee. So I mean what my genes I can handle coffee. Coffee does not make me anxious, or coffee does not raise my blood pressure. That's a genetic thing. But we're talking about green tea here, Okay, So I brew a cup of green tea from my wife and me, and we use a special type of green tea, Macha green tea, and then we add a squirt of our green tea drops to it. So that's like two cups because the squirt of our green tea drops it's made out of matcha green tea, which is the best green tea, and we add it to our match of green tea that we're brewing. That's two cups. So if we do that twice today, that's four cups. So let's talk about diabetes. There's been a number of studies from Italy, from England or Great Britain, from Ireland, from the United States, from Japan, from China, and even India, because diabetes is very common in China and India. So that's why I include them. That green tea helps manipulate your blood sugar. It helps make you more sensitive to the effects of insulin, which is the opposite of pre diabetes, and makes your blood sugar easier to control, which is the opposite of diabetes. So if you look at the latest data in the United States, almost twelve percent of American adults have type two diabetes. It's over thirty eight million American adults. Over thirty eight millionare and that's terrible. Diabetes kills you. It doesn't kill you quickly. It's a slow, not good death. Diabetes leads to brain issues. It causes strokes because the brain cells get clagged, you know, the blood business, and to bring your cloth. It leads to Alzheimer's disease. That's right, Diabetes. If you don't control it. Now, if you control it, you're okay. But if you don't control your diabetes, it'll greatly increase your risk of a stroke or Alzheimer's disease. But diabetes also hollows out your bones and you have a much higher likelihood of breaking your hip, which could be really dangerous. It's certainly painful and it's very expensive. Diabetes damages your kidney. If you go to a kidney nephrodialysis center, you'll see more than half the people in there are in there because of diabetes. Diabetes damages your heart and leads to arrhythmias, aneurysms, heart attacks. Diabetes damages you're hearing if you don't control your bloodshirriddle damage you're hearing, and it damages your vision. So it damages your skin at least to erect all this function. Okay, let's talk about some of those things. At leads to certain cancers you'll see in women with diabetes, and much higher risk of breast cancers. So this is the British medical journal Diabetes Research and Care. It's an open journal, which means anybody could go in there for free and read the studies. And that's always good because we're spreading good data throughout the world as researchers in Japan. Now you'll see that a lot of studies in green tea. Yeah, you'll see them from Germany and Great Britain, et cetera. But a lot of the studies are done in Japan. Why because that's where green tea grows. So it's easy to study green tea in Japan. You're not going to study green tea in Iceland. Who's drinking green tea in Iceland. You're going to study green tea in Japan. That's where it is, right, So drinking four or more cups of green tea, listen to this reduces the risk of early mortality and type two diabetics by sixty three percent, especially if you add a little bit of coffee, like two cups of coffee. So having four cups a day of green tea. This is a big study. It's over five thousand people followed for over five years. All of them had type two diabetes. Okay, it was preventing, it was lowering their risk of dying from cancer, heart attack, stroke, Alzheimer's disease, kidney disease. I mean, it was amazing because there's things in green tea that really have a profound effect on the human body. And here's the weird thing. Green tea kills bed bacteria, and it doesn't kill healthy bacteria, which is amazing. That's one reason why green tea helps control your appetite. There are certain pro inflammatory bacteria in the god that make it hard to control your blood sugar and make you very hungry and you're eating all kinds of garbage food all day long. The green tea tends to kill those bad bacteria, the pro inflammatory bacteria that are involved with type two diabetes and even colon cancer, but it doesn't affect the good bacteria that help you to thrive, that helped control your appetite, that helped control your blood sugar, that helped control your immune system. So that's a crazy thing about green tea. So in this study, the Japanese researchers found that green tea helped control your blood sugar and helped reduce your risk of dying from diabetes strongly by sixty three percent. I mean, that's that's amazing. So these people weren't taking their diabetes medication, but the ones who had the green tea with the active constituents, and it especially EGCG. Some had green tea without the active ingredients, others had green tea with the active ingredients, and those with the active ingredients it was really protecting them. So if you're diabetic, a couple of cups of coffee a day, if you can handle it. Not everybody can handle coffee. I'm fine with coffee. I could have four cups a day. It doesn't even affect me. And that's a genetic thing. But you could certainly handle the green tea because green tea has very little caffeine like substances in it, very little, it's not four cups of green tea is about equal to one cup of coffee as far as the stimulant effects. So it's very easy to handle green tea. But there's a lot of data, especially recent data on green tea in the brain. Years ago, they found that green tea helped reduce the risk of Alzheimer's and people with a genetic risk for Alzheimer's disease. So you know that cold sore virus, the HSV one, and people with a certain gene it's called the app e E four gene. If they have the apple ee four gene and they have the herpes virus. It greatly increases their risk of Alzheimer's disease. And they found in these people green tea was protecting them from Alzheimer's disease, which is crazy, but you know, we welcome that. Well, what about you and me. I don't have an increased risk of Alzheimer's disease. If I did, I wouldn't be able to learn all the things I learn on a daily basis. I'm always learning. It's my joy. I love to learn. So here's the International Journal of Molecular Sciences. It's once again Japanese researchers because we're talking about something like rows in Japan. And they said that EGCG is the dominant good thing in green tea. It's the thing that may lower the risk of breast cancer in some women, the risk of prostate cancer and some men, the risk of colon cancer in many people, the risk of Alzheimer's and those more prone to it. I mean, it's really good that the EGC from Green tea improved neritogenesis. So that's a big word, nerito genesis. Right, you have projections on your brain cells, and these a lot of brain cells to communicate with each other. So it's just the apps. It's just the opposite of developing Alzheimer's disease. So green tea stimulates the production of these things. In other words, green tea is repairing the projections on the membranes of your brain cell that allows intracellular communication in our brain. So in other words, this prevents damage or aging of our memory, loss of cognitive function. So here's another one, and this is Mattha green tea. This is the green tea ours is made out of its elderly women. It's in Japan. It's a randomized, double blind, placific controlled human clinical trial published in a pair reviewed medical journal called Nutrients. So you have to understand this. I only give you human studies. I'm not giving you study of flies or frogs or pond slime or in the test tube. These are human studies, Okay. They found out over twelve weeks. And these are once again it's green tea with the active stuff versus green tea not the active stuff. And this is women between the ages sixty five to seventy five. That the women did better in brain tests, cognitive function tests, and the memory tests. They were given a battery of brain tests, and they did better on the brain tests over the twelve week period than the women not getting the active green tea. They were getting inactivated green tea, So that means a lot. There's a lot of studies like this green tea helps protect the aging brain. Oh and by the way, I don't have time to go into it now because I'm almost out of time. There's a whole bunch of studies that green tea helps protect you from cold viruses and flu viruses and many other viruses like the summer colds. So green tea really had. It's been shown to lower the risk of stroke and heart attack according to Yale University Medical School and Harvard Medical School. Green tea has been shown to protect your brain while you're aging. Green tea has been shown to help curb infections, like it'll cut down in your risk it a flu or a cold by like like thirty thirty five percent, which is amazing. Really, so there's a lot of things about green tea. This is why my wife and I have green tea daily. We brew organic matcha green tea, and then we add for every cup, we add one skirt of the one squirt of the green tea drop, which is like another cup of green tea. So we're basically having minimum two up to four cups of green tea every day, which is like the gold standard for how much green tea you want. So here's what's on special. Our Green Tea super Concentrated Green Tea Capsule, which is like three and a half cups of green tea, where our green tea drops, where every squirt is equal to a cup of green tea. And our krill oil and our fish oils. And by the way, crill oil has been shown to lower your risk of sudden caudy death by like forty percent. So besides being great for your brain, it's good for your heart. Buy any invite product and use this code you get an extra ten percent off and all the products we spoke about today. You buy two, you get fifty percent of suggested retail So use this code get a net additional ten percent off. Jerry Wor I'm out of time, God bless.
Speaker 3: Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two to get your buy one get one free offer. Guess what. You can get even more savings by using promo code jerry wor take an additional ten percent off. That's right. Use promo code Jerry wor for an additional ten percent off today's radio specials.
Speaker 4: Don't wait.
Speaker 3: Call right now for today's specials. Eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Buy one bottle at suggested retail and get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars. Don't forget to mention the promo code jerry wr to get an additional ten percent off when you call eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two or shop online at invitehealth dot com. Don't wait, call right now eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Invite Radio. You're about to receive responsible, life changing information on health and nutrition. You'll hear from Invite professionals who are leaders in targeted and anti aging nutrition. Get ready for tomorrow's nutritional science today right here, right.
Speaker 3: Now, Hello and welcome to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams, Director of Science at Invite Health and happy summer to everyone. We are officially into summer. I know that you just had the pleasure of listening to Jerry Hickey and all of his wisdom when it comes to green tea and fish oil and krill oil. And I actually am going to be talking a bit about fish oil as well today. The importance of omega three fatty acids, folks, I can't stress that enough. This week, I was looking at some statistical analysis on omega threes and looking and it's interesting because the topic that I'm doing today is, you know, very much so focus on brain health and focus attention mood. And it was interesting to see that in countries you know that where you have a high intake just naturally from the diet of omega threes, you know, you have a lower level of issues such as attention deficit and anxiety and depression. So it's it's just kind of resonates that whole point of you know, let food be thy medicine first and foremost. But we know that here in the United States, our exposure too high omega three foods is just not going to be high enough in order to keep those connection points and to be able to regulate inflammation that occurs within the brain. So this is why taking your invite health fish oil or krill oil advanced so incredibly important. So I'm going to get into all of that. The topic today that I did want to zero in or hone in on is attention deficit. I have so many folks over the past decade that have come to me and said, Amanda, I don't know what my problem is, but I just I lose focus so easy. I don't know. Maybe I do have add I've never been told by a doctor that I do. But maybe this is just a problem. Maybe this is something that I'm developing as I grow older. But I want to talk about this in some detail because we have so many different formulations within our product line that can be so helpful, and I've worked with so many individual tools throughout the years and from you know, folks who are twenty years old, folks who are eighty years old. And I have parents who come to me that say, you know, my kids struggling in school and elementary school or junior high is there anything that they can be taking. I don't really want them to be on a prescription medication. So this is a topic that for me is very interesting and just brain health in general. I love neurology. When I was in medical school, it was one of my favorite rotations that I had the honor of doing. And you know, part of it was I was assigned to work directly under an amazing gentleman who was so passionate about what he did every day, and I learned so much from him. I learned one thing. I learned that I would never want to go into neurology just because it was a little depressing and that for me didn't necessarily go well with my personality. I thought, I love the science behind it, but topic wise, in the conditions that were coming through the practice on a regular basis, we're a little sad. So for me, I love the science, I love the anatomy the physiology of it, but I want to try and get people's brains healthier and you know, get your brains energized and focused. And so that's what I'm going to be zeroing in on today. But on a whole other topic. Toft's University just came out with a study that resonates with me for sure, because I am a huge coffee drinker and I just drink organic black coffee. I drink tea as well, but black coffee is my staple, that is my go to. And Touf's University just came out.
Speaker 4: With a study saying that coffee consumption can lead to a longer So of course it caught my eye and I had to to dive into the study and try to figure out, you know what exactly were they looking at, you know, what data points are they assessing in this, And they were looking at how that the daily consumption of black coffee anywhere from one.
Speaker 3: To three cups per day was associated with a lower risk of overall mortality. And this was published in the Journal of Nutrition. So I have a lot of different journals that I look through on a weekly basis, and this happens to be one of my go tos because the topic nutrition. So they're oftentimes reporting back on different foods and you know, fruit and vegetable studies and all different things. Mushrooms. You hear me a lot of times talk about mushroom extract studies that are conducted and they're oftentimes published in the Journal of Nutrition. So in this one, they were looking at how the consumption of black coffee and they did put this out there they said, you know, as soon as you start to add in, you know, the creamers and the sugars, you're losing that benefit. So so don't fool yourself if you think you're gonna go have one of those fruitfy drinks and that is still going to provide you the same benefit as what this study is actually looking at, which is just straight black coffee. So in this they were looking at all cause mortality, so looking at cardiovascular disease, and they could see a significant drop in the health span of an individual's life when they had a daily consumption of straight up black coffee. So that just kind of ring a beautiful music in my ear because I was like, well, I'm not going to stop drinking my coffee. I love my coffee, and I will be the first one to admit too. Let me just put this out there. I used to drink not so good coffee many many years ago. I would, you know, load my coffee down with sugar and cream and oh goodness gracious, but this is you know, back when I was in medical school. Now, my body could keep up with that at that time because I was much younger. But now, you know, I really I pay attention to what I put into my system because I recognize that everything that I consumer, anything that I am drinking, has an impact on all of my cells. Now that's something I didn't know when I was back in medical school. I didn't realize that, you know, having some processed you know, macaroni and cheese, which is kind of what my staple diet was in medical school, that that was not that good for my system. And so now I do recognize this, and this is why I very much so adhere to a Mediterranean diet. I always say, your plate should be like like a rainbow of colors, natural colors, folks, not artificial colors. So looking at fruits and vegetables, and hey, it's summer now, so there's really no excuses when it comes to accessibility to those fresh fruits and vegetables. And if you have an opportunity go to one of those, you know, pick your own, like berry farms. It gets you out into nature and then you get you know, you're mindful, you're in touch with the foods that you are consuming. That's something for me that I have learned along the way is being mindful, mindful when you're eating, being able to detach. And this is something that I struggled with for many years. You know, I would constantly have my phone, you know, checking emails while I was, you know, trying to eat. Now I realize that's not good. That's not good for your digestion, that's not good for your overall mental wellbeing. You have to be able to disconnect. And that kind of brings me back to today's topic of attention, focus, anxiety, low mood, feeling like you have brain fog. All of these things matter because at the end of the day, if we are not mindful about what we do each day, if we don't pay attention to the cues that our body is giving us and our body will give you, it does. So if you pay attention to your body, you can pick up on those cues. I certainly know if I have days where I have a heightened amount of stress, I can tell. I can tell in terms of trying to be able to quote unquote multitask. I struggle with that a bit more on days where I feel like I have a higher amount of stress. So I'm acutely aware of this now, so I do a much better job, Because what do I do at that point? I say, wait, let me pump the brakes, let me go take five minutes, let me do some form of a mindfulness activity. For me, it's music. I find that music therapy for myself works really good. And we've seen the studies how beneficial music can be in the setting of conditions like Alzheimer's disease. For folks who do suffer from high levels of anxiety, this is something that can really help to kind of recalibrate your sympathetic and your parasympathetic nervous system. So you have to find the correct mindfulness technique that's going to work best for you. But in any event, it's always wise to try to incorporate in some form of mindfulness, whether that's mindful eating, whether that's doing some type of guided you know, imagery, meditation, yoga, finds something five minutes outside, just pay attention to what's happening in your universe, you know, look up at the sky, see if you see a bird fly by. These are the things that can make a big difference in creating this balance once again, but we also know that there are so many different nutrients that we can turn to that can help to facilitate this whole process for us. And this is really what we're talking about at the end of the day is processing. We need to be able to process information, We need to be able to learn new things. So don't fool yourself if you finished high school or then went on to college and you think, Okay, I'm done with learning. No, we should all want to be lifelong learners. I mean, this is something that you hear Jerry Hickey talk about, you hear myself talk about. We're alway talking about these different studies in these different journals. From there, we're learning. You know, I'm learning new bits of information on all of these different nutrients on a regular basis with all of these new studies that come out. So we should all encourage ourselves to continue to want to learn new things and challenge our brain to be able to do those things. And processing information is so critical. So maybe you find yourself at work and you know, you're tasked with a particular job for the day, and you find yourself, you know, thinking about something else and then you look back and go, oh, gosh, wait, no, I'm supposed to be doing this task. So this is where these nutrients that I'm gonna discuss today can be so beneficial. Is in that processing center in our brain. We need to be able to get those connection points back together. We need to be able to get that nice fluidity of information to be able to go from one brain cell to the next. We also have to have the ability to clean up any of the crud or garbage that builds up throughout our life, and we know that there are certain nutrients that help to do that. We know that we can turn to powerful amino acids and healthy fatty acids, and phospholipids, as you heard Jerry talk about with the krill oil advanced having that phosphatital colling in that those phospholipids play such an important factor in maintaining the structural integrity of our brain cells. So when we are supplementing each day, we should be identifying the areas of concern. If you know that you are prone to anxiety, if you know that you are prone to getting stressed out easily, if you know that you're prone to having problems with focus and attention and you are self diagnosing yourself as having attention deficit, then these nutrients that I'm going to be discussing throughout the hour today, these can be so helpful for getting all of those processing centers and those connection points back together. And I've seen it time and time again. I've worked with so many individuals through the years that once they get onto these routines, and each person's different, keep this in mind, but once we get them onto a personalized routine for their specific concern, whether it's you know, yeah, I feel like I'm scattered brained, or I feel like I have brain fog, whatever be the case, we can get those neurons firing at that rapid pace again. So you are feeling sharp, that you are feeling focused, that you are feeling your best, that you feel clear minded. All of these things can make a huge difference in your overall sense of wellbeing. And at the end of the day, that's what we do at Invite Health. We are here to give you that comprehensive approach to your wellness journey. And that's why we have our nutritional advisors available to you seven days a week, and that's a free service, so I always encourage you to take advantage of that. You can stop by one of our stores. If you're unable to make it into one of the stores, you can sign up on the website invitehealth dot com and pick a day in time that works well for you, and one of our nutritional advisors will give you a call and you can go through you know what your current routine is. You know, I don't exercise, these are the foods that I'm eating, whatever topics you want to discuss, and they can help to create a personalized nutrition plan for you. And then you could follow up with them and keep coming back and saying, Hey, I tried this, I feel really good, or oh I tried this, how long before I really notice a difference. So let them be your partner in your wellness journey. And it's a free service, so do take advantage of that. We offer so many wonderful products and services at Invite Health, so I always encourage you to take advantage of everything that we have for you, including right now. You know that any of the products that I'm going to be discussing today are going to be on a buy one, get one free, plus you get the additional ten percent off when you use the promo code Amanda Woo. So I need to squeeze in a quick break. When I get back, I'm going to hit the ground running with the products that are on special today so we can all feel like we can have better focus, better attention, and that we're having the ability to learn new things because learning is a wonderful thing that we should all strive to do. So stick around with me. I will be right back just after this. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two to get your buy one, get one free offer. Guess what. You can get even more savings by using promo code Amanda wor take an additional ten percent off. That's right, Use promo code Amanda Wor for an additional ten percent off today's radio specials. Don't wait. Call right now for today's specials. Eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Buy one bottle at suggested retail and get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars. Don't forget to mention the promo code Amanda war to get an additional ten percent off when you call eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two, or shop online at Invite Health dot Com. Don't wait, call right now eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two and welcome back to Invite Health Radio. I and doctor Amanda Williams. Happy Saturday morning to everyone. Hockey is over. I was a little sad I was rooting for the Oilers, but I'm happy for the Panthers. I'm down here in Florida, so of course I never really got into following the Florida Panthers, but I am happy. They are a really, really good teams, so kudos to all of them. But I've always been an Oilers fan from the time I was young. Of course, my number one team is the Red Wings, so being a Detroiter, that is always going to be my primary city where I root for my teams. But let's talk about and talking about stress. I mean that can be stress well, being a fan of a sports team. I'm sure any of you out there in New York where you know every year at football time, you know you're hoping that your your Jets or your Giants are going to have the best year ever, and then you you've become disappointed. I can understand that. So, so speaking of stress, we know stress in and of itself can have significant impacts beyond what most people even recognize when it comes to stress. And you know stress, we get this release of cortisolt through that action, and you have the hypothalmis pituitary adrenal access. There are so many systems in the body that are directly impacted by stress, and for many folks when they're stress, they will complain about maybe some gi issues like I have a pit in my stomach, or I feel scattered, I feel like I have brain fog because of my stress. Of course, low energy can be a common thing as well, but we know that the pathways to which stress is directly implicated are numerous, including neurotransmitters. So when you're looking at your dopamine levels, your serotonin levels, remember serotonin that's gonna help drive your happy factor each and every single day, So if you have a high amount of stress, this will have a big burden on your serotonin release. Of course, we can look at all of the different ways in which stress can have a negative impact on our naturally occurring antioxidants. So when you have a higher amount of stress, it's not uncommon that your natural antioxidant levels will start to diminish. And so we're looking at things like superoxide, dismy taste, catalyse, which is why if you look at high stress and graying of the hair as an example, there is something to that for sure. So these are all things that we have to recognize. We have to realize that stress in and of itself affects so many different parts of our health and all of those different systems and pathways. So looking at how do we combat this because oftentimes you can't necessarily get rid of all of your stress as much as you would like to. Maybe you do have a stressful job, perhaps you know your your personal life is incredibly stressful. So this is why I always talk about mindfulness techniques, but also what we can be doing to help offset or git that. And this is where these different nutrients come into play. So looking at energy, looking at antioxidant status in the body, and many of these studies that are designed that assess the hypothalmis, pituitary adrenal access, that's one of the things that they definitely zero in on. They look at antioxidant status and you can see where levels of SOD, levels of coenzyme Q ten, your level of glutathione start to really taper off because of high stress. So this is why every single day, if you are dealing with high stress, high anxiety, have issues with attention focus, feel like you're struggling to learn new things, have concerns about your memory, then the number one multivitamin that you want to be you utilizing from us is the Performance multivitamin. The Performance multivitamin includes Rodiola extract along with sod Now they're both registered trademark nutrients. So we use Rodeo Life, which has been clinically studied and shown to not only help generate energy at that cell level, but it also helps to regulate the body's cortisol response, so it's going to blunt that effect, so it's going to lower your cortisol so we have less negative effective stress. At the same time, it energizes you. And so this is why rodiola is such a fabulous nutrient. And the fact that we're using Rodeo Life, the registered trademark, clinically studied form of roadiola, makes this even more powerful because we definitely know that the science behind this extract is sound and proven. Then we have the SAD in this formulation. So this is the performance multivitamin. So the SOD.
Speaker 4: We use a.
Speaker 3: Registered trademark form once again is called Extra Mouth. This is a melon pulp derived superoxide dismutase. We know that SOD helps our body combat free radicals and oxidative stress. So if we have free radicals that are occurring in our brain which are screwing up those neuronal pathways, having a multivitamin every single day that includes one of the body's most important antioxidants, SOOD is a great way to kick off your day. So you take a packet of the Performance Multivitamin. Of course, you're getting all of the activated B vitamins which are critical for serotonin release and for the support of your neurotransmitters as well as for liver detoxification, and you get the carotenoid blend. We know that the carotenoids are not just beneficial for your eye health, which is don't drop the ball on eyehealth. During the summer, folks, higher UV exposure on top of the amount of blue light that you already get from your light emitting devices. So taking the Performance Multivitamin is going to increase your carotenoid status, so it gives you that extra layer of protection. But we also know that lutin and Zia's anthon are very very beneficial when it comes to the circulatory benefits for the brain. And when I say circulatory benefits for the brain, what do I actually mean? It helps to support both lutin and Zia's anthem that are contained in the Performance multivitamin help to maintain the integrity of the vascular system. So going into the brain, we want to make sure that we have the support for the nerves, for the blood vessels. And this is why taken that Performance Smallti vitamin is checking all of those different boxes for us, so that is key. We can also look at adding in the Purples HX. Now, Purple's HX to me is one of those brain boosting neuronals supporting products that we offer, and it's such a wonderful blend of those key nutrients that really help the brain with daily focus and attention. And it's the one product that I have found such positive feedback with when people start to use it, because maybe they come in and they say, you know what, I just want to take one of your superfood powders, you know, thinking maybe I'll take the greens, maybe the reds, you know what, I'm gonna try the purples because we have many different superfood powders to choose from, and people love number one, the taste of it, but second to that, they really feel that whole system benefit because when you're taking it, you do get this sense of nice, steady energy, but you also can start to feel that clarity that happens within the brain. And that's really important. And this makes sense because you're using high potent antioxidants. You have blueberry extract. We know blueberry extract has been studied extensively. I always default back to the functional MRI study where they gave individuals blueberry extract and then they went in and they did a brain scan, so they were doing brain imaging and they could see that just through adding in blueberry extract that they could see areas of the brain that are responsible for learning, for memory start to really light up. And that's what we want to do. We want to be able to light up all of the cells in our body. We want to be able to create longevity of all of those cells. And so the purples HX and the power of the purples HX with all of its many different nutrients, and it's not just the fruit and vegetable extracts that are contained in the Purples h X. You're also getting powerful amino acids such as carnatine. We know carnatine. We need for those fatty acids to travel from the outside of the cell to the inside of the cell so they can be made into energy. So you're getting the carnatine, you're getting a powerful amount of tourine in this and tourine is so essential, this very critical amino acid when it comes to cell to cell communication, when it comes to the excitable tissues in our bodies. So we're thinking of our heart, we're thinking of our brain. So this combination performance multivitamin along with the scoop of the Purples HX is an amazing way to off your day because you're going to feel that throughout the day. And can you take more than one scoop of Purples HAX throughout the day, of course you can, so, especially during the summer, it would be actually advantageous to do that because that's going to encourage a higher hydration level as well. So we always want to make sure that we don't succumb to becoming excessively dehydrated. And I know that it's getting warm up there, so you have to start paying attention to this, because maybe you're not profusely sweating doesn't mean that you're not losing additional fluids. So if you're taking the Purple's HAX in the morning, you can also take another scoop of that in the afternoon because you're going to be adding that to about eight to ten ounces of water, so it's going to have a higher fluid retention impact for you, and that's important because we want to be able to retain the fluid that we are taking in because if we have too much excessive loss, then we're dealing with the dehydration, and then your energy levels are going to go down. Then your focus, your attention, your anxiety levels, all of those things can worsen in the setting of dehydration, and dehydration is so common, so we have ways to blunt this, and taking Purple's HX is clearly one of those ways. So this wonderful blend of BlackBerry and blueberry and black current extracts, so you're also getting the key antioxidants that come from those dark blue and purple pigmented fruits that help with eyehealth as well. So we have to think about hdopsin, which is the light absorber in the eye. So taking your scoop of that Purple's HX is very helpful for visual acuity as well. So see how you get all these multiple benefits that go along with these formulations. So maybe you're taking it because you're like, heck, I want my brain to be just like the brain that they did in those studies where they said, here, take some blueberry extract. Let's now do a brain image. And while we can see a huge difference, maybe that's speaking to you. That certainly speaks to me. So maybe that's your reason for wanting to use this product, or maybe you're just looking for a really powerful, comprehensive blend of fruits and vegetables along with that carnatine and tourine to really help energize up your cells and put out this layer of added protection to fight off free radicals on a daily basis. So but in any event, it's an excellent combination to use that performance multivitamin along with the Purples HX, And right now, both of those are buy one, get one free, along with a ten percent off additional ten percent off when you use the promo code Amanda Wor. So I do need to squeeze in a quick break. Stick around with me. I have a lot more ground to come. Hover on the flip side. I will be right back just after this. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two to get your buy one get one free offer. Guess what. You can get even more savings by using promo code Amanda wor take an additional ten percent off. That's right. Use promo code Amanda Wor for an additional ten percent off today's radio specials. Don't wait. Call right now for today's specials eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Buy one bottle at suggested retail and get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars. Don't forget to mention the promo code Amanda wr to get an additional ten percent off when you call eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two, or shop online at invitehealth dot com. Don't wait, call right now eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two and welcome back, Invite Health the Radio. Now let's continue on. Maybe I'll just give you a list of the different formulations that we we have on special today because there are many of them. When it comes to our radio specials, I always like to, you know, make people aware of this. They're good for today and tomorrow. So today's Saturday, so you have today and tomorrow to take advantage of that. So if you're if you heard something Jerry was talking about with Green Tea and you want to take advantage of that, you know, definitely give us a call, stop by one of the stores, or go to our website. But those specials are good today and tomorrow, and don't forget to use the promo code Goodness get those additional savings. So for today, I have the Performance Multi vitamin on special fish oil and Krill Oil and Jerry had already had those covered as well. Iron Plus. There is a strong connection between attention deficit disorder, problems with focus and attention, and low iron status. And this should make sense once we kind of get into this in a moment. Why that would be So I have the Iron Plus HX. Remember this is a This isn't a ferrous soulfate iron. This is an iron protein. So the absorption rate is excellent and you don't have to worry about getting any of that icky GI effect that can happen when you supplement with ferros solfate, because that's why most people don't use that, because it gives them a high amount of GI problems. So the iron plus will not do that. So we'll talk about this in just a moment. I have our vitamin D three three thousand on special, the althianine, and the purple's HX, so all of those different products are all on special today. So iron, Why in the world would iron have anything to do with the tension focus. What's the connection? How would this make any sense? Well, think about what iron is doing and with the oxygenation for your hemoglobin. So when you're looking at your red blood cells, if your red blood cells don't have adequate iron, then they're going to struggle to bring that oxygen to the different tissues. So they started to look at this correlation and Vanderbilt University they did an interesting study many years ago and they reported their findings back in twenty twenty two. But they were looking at how iron supplementation and children who had attention deficit hyperactivity disorder would this make any type of an impact in these kids. And of course they were looking to see if they had true iron deficiency ahead of this study even starting. But one of the most fascinating things the conclusion of this study was that they could start to see and this is a twelve week study. In just twelve weeks, they started to see significant improvements in these children who had initially presented with the tension deficit hyperactivity disorder, struggling in school, struggling in just daily life. And they could see that the children that started the study that had low iron status and weren't true iron deficient, but they had low iron and they started to supplement with iron and in just twelve weeks you could see this significant shift. So I'm saying this. I'm telling you this study because I know that there are so many parents out there, grandparents who know a child who has been diagnosed with attention deficit and you say, I guess they're just hyper I guess they just struggle with it, you know, trying to learn new things. Sometimes if we just take a step back for a moment and say hmm, Let's look at the standard American diet. Let's look at areas where potential nutrient deficiencies can occur. Why don't we zero in on that. Maybe these kids and adults who are dealing with attention deficit issues, have a lack of Omega three intake, have inadequate vitamin D intake each day, don't have enough iron. Maybe if we correct those things, then while lah, we no longer are dealing with the problems with attention and focus and struggling with learning new things. Sometimes simplicity and the obvious is right there. And this is why I wanted to talk about this topic today, because I've worked with so many folks where I'll look at their blood levels and I'll say, hmm, you know you don't have iron deficiency, but your iron levels are low. So let's get you started on iron plus. Let's get you started on performance multi vitamin. Let's make sure that you were taking either the Krill Oil Advanced or that fish oil each day, and then let's talk again. Let's talk in two weeks, and you come back in two weeks and you tell me how you are feeling. And it's always remarkable to me. The difference that people will report back and say, Amanda, this is crazy, like, I can't believe how much better I feel. And why is that? It's not because you know I have the answer to all things. No, we're just basically filling in the gaps. We are filling in those nutrient deficiencies that are caused and brought on because of our foods. So looking at basic things like omega three fatty acids, iron, vitamin D, how those can make an astronomical difference. So this study out of Vanderbilt, I think should resonate with everyone out there that you see these kids, and I know just from my time in medical school, how many young kids were prescribed very powerful, very very powerful medications for attention deficit and were they ever saying, well, hey, let's look at their vitamin D level, let's look at their iron status, let's look at their omega three fatty acid levels in their body. Maybe that's where we should start instead of putting an eight or a nine year old on a very powerful synthetic drug. Just putting that out there. We know that vitamin D supplementation improves cognitive function. One of the ways that it does this is it reduces oxidative stress and in doing so, it can help to lengthen your telomeres. So most people don't think about vitamin D as a longevity vitamin, and we need to be thinking of it in that setting. In the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, they looked at this. They looked at the length of the telomeres in older adults who had mild cognitive impairment, meaning they were, you know, struggling with memory, having some problems with focus and attention learning new things. This was a twelve month randomized control trial and in this study they found that the individuals who were supplementing with vitamin D had this significant and I always use the word significant because this is how these studies describe it, a significant enhancement in their overall scoring when they were looking at their full scale intelligent quotion. So looking at IQ. So you're telling me that they took individuals who were sixty five years old and older, gave them vitamin D for a year, and at the end of that year, these individuals were smarter. Yes, So this is why we have to always start with the basics. We have to look and say, huh, yeah, you know what, I don't take vitamin D. As a matter of fact, I have no idea what my vitamin D level is because I've never had it tested. Or maybe I assume that my doctor's testing it, but they likely are not. Maybe I do have high stress and I struggle with focus and attention at work, but I don't take vitamin D, I don't take fish oil, I don't take a multi vitamin. Just these small little corrections, folks, can make an enormous difference for you. And so when I start to look at those bigger, broader pictures and I realize the amount of neutral deficiencies that occur in this country, and they are widespread. This is why just looking at things in a very basic setting, comprehensive multivitamin, multimineral, taking those Omega three fatty acids, with that roadiola coming from the performance multivitamin, with that superoxide dismutaste coming from that performance multivitamin. The Journal of Molecules, they talk about how roadiola can alleviate various aspects of life, stress symptoms and stress induced conditions. Already talked about all of the multiple pathways that stress impacts, from digestive health to neurotransmitter release. So this is why we have found such success at Invite Health working with individuals who come in and say, ah, I want to pull my hair out. I'm just I'm so stressed out all the time, and we say it's okay, just take a breath. We can get through this. We can start to create balance once again. We can utilize that performance multi vitamin, knowing that that performance multivitamin is going to allow yoursels the ability to function at their full capacity, Knowing that we can add in vitamin D three, knowing we can add in iron if needed. And I find that many individuals kind of fall into that category of being in that kind of teetering on a low iron status. It's not flagged when you do your blood testing, but when I look at someone's blood test and I can see that you're at that low range and you're looking at the ferretin level and the total iron binding capacity, you can see where this can be playing a role into it. So how easy is it to add in iron plus checks Maybe you take one capsule every third day, but just that alone, they allow you to have better performance when you're at work because now everything is connecting once again. So this is why having a conversation with one of the Invite Health nutritional advisors is so essential for you, and it's a free service. So I'm going to talk about some more clinical studies. I do need to squeeze in one more break, so stick around with me. I will be right back just after this. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two to get your buy one, get one free offer. Guess what. You can get even more savings by using romo code Amanda wor take an additional ten percent off. That's right. Use promo code Amanda WR for an additional ten percent off today's radio specials. Don't wait. Call right now for today's specials. Eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Buy one bottle at suggested retail and get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars. Don't forget to mention the promo code Amanda WR to get an additional ten percent off when you call eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two or shop online at invite heealth dot com. Don't wait, call right now eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two and welcome back Invite Health Radio. So Fanning. You hear us talk about fanning on a a pretty regular basis, I feel like on this program, and we certainly understand why theanine is so helpful. Theanine is from green tea. It allows the body to release additional gabba. Gabba is your calming neurotransmitter. So, looking at the clinical studies on althianine and how effective it is, I mean, they've done comparative studies using elthenine versus xanx for example, even althenine versus ad evans, which is the next class of benzodiazepine up from a xanax, which is even stronger. So you have three different classes of benzodiazepines. Not that this is a pharmacology lesson right now, but you have three different classes of benzodiazepines. So you have your short acting, your medium acting, and your long acting. So just to kind of give you a basic background on that, a short acting benzodiazepine would be xanax, a medium acting in terms of how long it lasts how long the medium one that would be your ada vans and then a long acting benzodiazepine would be value. So that just so you have an understanding of that. But they've studied elthianine and compared elthenine's efficacy and action and safety most importantly to both xanax as well as to those medium acting those ada van type benzodiazepines, so we also know it's not just for for stress. We can see how elthanine can enhance overall cognitive function. In the Journal of Medicinal Foods they talk about this. They got into the details of elthianine on cognitive function in middle age older subjects and this was a randomized, placebo controlled trial looking at the way in which the elthienines action could help to not only help to relieve stress, but also improve mood and to support healthy sleep cycle. So that's important And why do you think that is? Well, if we have better regulation of our stress throughout the day, that means we're going to have improvement on sleep. Even though stress itself will lower energy and make you feel lethargic, doesn't mean that you're going to get better sleep because you're stressed out. That certainly is not the way that the body works. So taking althianine in this study they could see the direct correlation, they could see the improvement overall. So this is one of those areas once again where we don't want to overlook, you know, the importance of adding in a formulation such as elthianine to the mix. So talked about omega threes. Clearly there's exponential studies out there on omega threes. In the Journal of Foods back in twenty twenty two, they talk about the effectiveness of fish oil supplementation for cognitive function. We know this, We know we have to have those omega three fatty acids to maintain brain volume. If our brain shrinks as we get older, the brain will struggle, which is daily connection points, daily function. So they have done studies in individuals from eighty years old to eight years old. We know all of the ways in which omega three fatty acids make a powerful impact on regulating brain function, and so for individuals who deal with conditions such as anxiety depression, we can see a direct correlation between the impact of omega three fatty acids when it comes to brain connectivity. In the Curious Journal which is kind of like a brain predominant journal. Well, they reported on this. They did a systematic review of multiple clinical trials looking at how omega three fatty acid supplementation really went beyond that of just for you know, maintaining that brain volume. They could see the blood flow benefits, they could see the ability to increase learning. Remember we're talking about processing centers today and memory overall cognitive wellbeing. So you always want to make sure that your daily routine consists of a comprehensive multi vitamin multimineral aka we're using our performance multivitamin in this setting, and we have to always include in omega three fatty acids. So whether you're using the invite fish oil, which you know is very cleanly sourced, goes through a double distillation process so that guarantees that you have no impurities. Because we have to be honest, we know that the ocean is no as clean as it once used to be, so fish are in the ocean, right, we have to make sure that when we are making our fish oil for you, that that has been tested out to show that you're just getting those powerful omega threes that come from the fish without all of the crud that the ocean unfortunately is contaminated with. So that's why we go through that double distillation process and then we test it out for any type of an impurity, heavy metals. All of that it's important. This is what sets Invite Health apart, is that we go to those great lengths to make sure that when you are consuming any of our formulations, you are getting the best. Now we have to also look at antioxidant restoration, which is part of the reason one of the performance multivitamin with that superoxide dismutaste is so important. So adding in to that the purples h X, so the power of the purples to allow for enhanced blood flow circulatory support. Those connection points once again for your neurons in the brain all become incredibly critical. And then finally we have an update on an old fan favorite at Invite and for many folks you've probably heard me talk about cerebral care. Our cerebral care formulation has been renamed, and it's been renamed for a very important reason. It is now called super Focus IQ. The reason for the renaming of this product is because we have been using this product for so many years for that specified reason. For when people come in and say I am stressed. I have a problem with focus, I have a problem with the tension. This is the number one product that we use. And I know that I'm waiting until the end of the show to talk about this, but I want you to understand what's actually in this formulation. So this is a combination of anocetol. It has CDP colin in, It has PHOSPHATITL seerin and acetyl L carnatine along with some astesanthon, So the astes anthem. Remember carotenoids. I just talked about how the carotenoids in the Performance multivitamin, how beneficial those are for brain connectivity, for circulatory support, supporting the blood vessels. So this has asdas anthem to fight off that ox state of stress. Has the innocetol in that which we know is incredibly critical for the way in which the brain cells, that each neuron is communicating from one to the next. And there have been multiple clinical trials done on anocetol's action. Outside of that of just brain benefit, we can see how anostol can be incredibly helpful for body mass and so for weight management. There was a meta analysis that was conducted not long ago looking at how anocetol is a It's a key component of the cell membrane of the phospholipids. So it's working hand in hand with like your postatydyle coline and your postatydyl seerine. So it's part of that membrane. And one of the ways that they found that it can help is through that neuronal connection, but also the way it communicates for that stress response. So for folks who have problems with weight gain because of high stress, the cortisol factor there. This is where this particular product can be very, very beneficial. So super Focus IQ remember that name super Focus IQ, because it is it checks every single box that an individual who is dealing with an attention issue, with a focus, with a memory issue. You feel stressed out, you take a scoop of the super Focused IQ, you will feel the difference. You will feel energized because it has a style L carantine in that we know L car levels if that's low in your body, that has been associated with depression. We know that a cedyll carrantine is so critical for energy production. We know that phosphatital seering is that key phospholipid that works directly with our hypothalmis pituitary adrenal access to regulate stress, so that HPA access is supported fully by super Focused IQ. And I challenge anyone out there to try this product and get back to me in two weeks, and you tell me if you feel like you have better memory, better clarity, better thinking, better focus, better attention, because I know that you will also remember, use that promo code Amanda Wor to get that additional ten percent off. If you have questions for me, reach out a Williams at invitehealth dot com and until we speak again be well three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two to get your buy one get one free offer. Guess what you can get even more savings by using promo code Amanda Wor take an additional ten percent off. That's right. Use promo code Amanda Wor for an additional ten percent off today's radio specials. Don't wait, call right now for today's specials. Eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Buy one bottle at suggested retail and get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars. Don't forget to mention the pro Amanda wr to get an additional ten percent off when you call eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two or shop online at invitehealth dot com. Don't wait, call right now eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to Invite Health Radio, and remember, seven days a week in all our beautiful stores, we have professionals available for your health and nutrition needs. You'll enjoy your visit to Invite Health because we'll make it better. And when you can't come in, just give us a qull at eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two.
Speaker 1: The preceding program was sponsored by Invite Health, who is solely responsible for its content. The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed