Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's Thursday and that means it's pop and Bravo and today I have a couple of fun guests. It's Kelly and Troy from Beyond the Blinds. You guys know them. They have a great podcast and they also have a really amazing Instagram. Well tell me all your secrets. How did you get so many people on your Instagram?
Speaker 2: No idea because we don't really post a lot. But thank you so much for having us.
Speaker 3: I've been listening to you, been binging your show all week.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I hope it was funny and.
Speaker 3: It's good. I like when you talk about when you have I forget to say about the guy from the Sister Wives podcast. I love when you guys like Ace. Yeah, those episodes are very funny.
Speaker 1: Ace and I I don't know, maybe I'm twenty years older than him, so and it's hilarious because I'll say something something, you know, Keith Richards will go, I don't know who that is?
Speaker 3: What? Yeah, there was like a whole moment of you like being like, wait, you don't know this person, and he's like I've never heard He's like, I don't know who Dick Clark is I've never heard of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like he's like Dick Clark.
Speaker 1: He's the one that I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, that's a different Dicky.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I think I said Dick Van Dyke and he's like, what h Yeah that was yeah, yeah, yeah, No, he's hilarious. He has a great podcast about Sister Wives that only Airs with Sister Wives is on and I believe they're also going to be covering Cody on that.
Speaker 3: Oh he's on that that show like the Viking Show or whatever.
Speaker 1: What am I doing? It's called something. It's called something where you have to survive and fight be out in the Denise Richards was on it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Survival of the Fittest or Toughest or something. It's on Fox.
Speaker 1: It's something like that. Yeah, I don't know what it's called. I think Britney from The Valley is on it. Yes, that'll be interesting, do you Okay? So first of all, let's just break this down. Let me get everybody to know who you are. How did you guys meet and start this podcast?
Speaker 2: Do you want to go? Troy?
Speaker 3: Sure? We both Kelly and I have both podcasted solo for years. We both had our own shows, and we had each other on our shows to talk about the Backstreet Boys and Brittany and Free Brittany and all that stuff, and then that led to us talking about Lou Pearlman, and then the Lou Pearlman conversation led to blind items, and then we were both like, oh, you read blind items. And then one night, like during COVID, Kelly called me wasted and she was like, we're going to do a podcast together about blind items. And we have been talking about it, but like I didn't know if it would be serious. And then we started it and we thought that it would be just like a fun little side thing to do, maybe like some extra grocery money or thing. Yeah, and now we have our we're raising a child together.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. That's really fair.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you guys, you don't go through and like say, okay, we saw this blind item that Perez did and we think it's this. It's more I've seen you guys do a lot of like let's go back to blind items from like two thousand and two, and that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we used to just read like straight blind items before we decided to kind of switch up the show a little bit and do more timelines and more deep dives. But yeah, we used to read like, say, Brad Pitt, we do a whole episode on him, and his blinds would start in like nineteen ninety nine, so we go from ninety nine to two thousand and four or whatever year.
Speaker 1: It was, what was Brad Pitt up to in those days? Besides cheating his wife with Angelina Julie.
Speaker 2: Allegedly smoking a lot of pot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not showering. I heard very stinky too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's one of the stinky boys. And he was a he was a a like pool boy. He was like a living like just hot pool boy to this gay author that like gave him his whole start. Who's so kind.
Speaker 2: You know, I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't mind looking out and seeing Brad Pitt just hello, cleaning my pool. I mean, come on, but it sounds like if he was stinky, maybe not.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, go on the pool first, they could dive.
Speaker 3: Well, we talked. We talk about stinky celebrities a lot, kind of because there are a lot of blind items about how a lot of celebrity men refuse to wear deodorant. It's like a weird, like We kind of talk about it as like the way dogs pee on fire hydrants kind of thing. It's like some kind of caveman, I'm in charge thing, but like, yeah, apparently a list men don't like to bathe, and they liked for people to smell their like their bo It's like a.
Speaker 1: Thing heard it about Matthew McConaughey because he's all all right, all right, one with nature and you're like, okay, and he's got, you know, a European wife, and you know, it's like, I'm all European, like my wife. Who else is stinky?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think Shia La buff was a stinker. Yes, he was a stinky one.
Speaker 3: There's some stinky girls too, but I can't think right now of who.
Speaker 2: Allegedly Cameron Diaz, but I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: I kind of believe that she looks like she might want to take a shower. Yeah, and back in the day, probably Drew Barrymore too.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would stink together on the Charlie's Angel set.
Speaker 1: And Lucy loves like, why do I have to be with these?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Agent hooked me up here? That is so funny, Like we talk a lot about stinky celebrities. Okay, so let's talk about some topics, phil By, and please on Mary Cosby's son getting arrested, what do you know? Do you know anything?
Speaker 2: I genuinely don't. I feel like I've heard like so many different stories about her son that like, I I don't know, he's allegedly heavy into drugs and like maybe.
Speaker 1: He just got arrested for like a salt and battery of some sort. So I was like, because I have been so like crazy busy that I'm like, I don't know the story. Maybe they'll know. I depend on other people to tell me the story because I don't have time to do the research. It looks like Kelly's looking it up to give a real time update on Mary Cosby's son. Did you guys watch the Salt Lake City premiere last night?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good, right, Yeah, they're so funny.
Speaker 1: I loved how it started, how we're like, we're not going to do it glam. We're not going to do at a fabulous party where Bronwin shows up and what she claims you too of a kind dress. We're gonna go full Blair witch style and y'all might be too young to know what that is. But that Blair Witch the cameras and and you were like, oh, I'm good to vomit.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. It was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like it was like Salt Lake City lost footage, Like it was like we found that the lost tapes of the Girls campaign. It was amazing. I loved it. It was so funny. Like Mary just like makes me she's.
Speaker 1: Back and she's not being hateful. She's being fun.
Speaker 3: She's like very lock like I thought last year she was locked in, she was very she was, but this year even is like even more, like she's like I'm ready to be a real housewife again. Like it's she's incredible.
Speaker 2: And I will say, even when she's hateful, I find her so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah you And that's just like when I used I think Jack's was so hot. I'm like, I know it's toxic and I know I shouldn't. It's just like we cover a lot of Welcome to Platfell and I have an interview out that came out Wednesday with Olivia Plath and that's just my favorite show. And everybody's so toxic and so horrible. They're homophobic, they're racist, allegedly they're all just awful people. And but Micah is so hot that it's hard for me to be like, I feel I have hope for him because he's hot. That makes no sense. It's like Brad Pitt being the Pool Boys, Like he's hot, but he's stinky.
Speaker 2: But like, you know, one thing we always say on our show is you're allowed to have rotted favorites, even if you know someone's like a just you know, you have your little group of rotted faves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Michael Plath is that for me, And that's that's hard because also same age as one of my children, so that's that's right for me as well. So Salt Lake City aired. We loved it, everybody loved it. I feel I'm just I'm concerned that Heather Gay is too full of herself now. I'm concerned she has gotten too big of a head. I like my housewives to be a little humble and not leaning into the house unless it is like Ramona. I like a housewife to be kind of pretending they're not aware that they're a celebrity. But I think I think she's leaning in too.
Speaker 3: Much, you know, I read the con like when I read comments about her. I am so shocked by how polarizing she is, Like you wouldn't expect her to be such a polarizing housewife, but people are like very extreme on their feelings about her. They either despise her and they're like begging for her to be fired and like don't understand what she brings to the show and they say she's boring. Or then there's the other extreme where people are like every grade event on this show has happened because of her. Yeah, and she's orchestrated all the greatest moments and that show's history, like it's very interesting. So I was like kind of anxious to see, like where, like what she would be like this year, And like I'm a Heather apologist. I actually really like her, and I think she's great on the show too. I think that she thinks now that the show refalls are on her like she does.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's my point. Yeah, that's my point is that I really really like her, but I don't want her to get such a big head that then the audience turns on her because she was sort of like the everyman for us, right, She's like she is us, we are her. She has weight struggles, she's got this terrible ex husband. She's you know, trying to scrape by with the business like all of us. Kind of like yes, and then now I don't want her to be like so so glam and think the whole show is around her, because everybody that watches it could watch an entire show with just Mary Cosby, really right.
Speaker 3: I always say she's the Chloe Kardashian of the housewives.
Speaker 2: Like she was literally about to say.
Speaker 3: That, she's like the relatable sister. She's you know what I mean, Like, and she's relatable in a way that's not obnoxious, the way like and is on OC where she's like I've cool and it's like okay, like that's not like that's annoying. How there's relatable, like the real real girl, Like when you see her in the background drunk eating the food that nobody else is eating, that's yeah, I feel that in my spirit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it's just like that one scene from OC with Sheanon's like I'm just gonna have the chip. She's like trying to get behind the camera and she's like putting in a tortilla chip like hopeing. No, I'm like that's me at the party, I'm like, nobody's gonna.
Speaker 2: Eat this dip?
Speaker 1: What's the dip here for? Because I'll eat the dip. I don't care if six other people touched it was School's starting again?
Speaker 2: Is schedules?
Speaker 1: Filling up fast? Preparing dinner for the family can feel overwhelming, Don't I know it, you guys. Home Chef simplifies meal times with over thirty five tasty meals and eighteen delightful extras each week, including kid friendly options your little ones will actually enjoy, and in my case, I've got grown ups in my house that really love the kid friendly.
Speaker 2: Option because they're picky eaters.
Speaker 1: You can make dinner effortless, nutritious, and family approved, no drama, no matter how busy your school season gets. Home Chef delivers fresh ingredients and chef designed recipes conveniently to your doorstep to simplify your cooking experience. Users of leading meal kits are ready at Home Chef number one in quality, convenience, value, tastes and recipe ease. So whether you prefer the classic meal kits, which is what I liked, it has the pre portioned ingredients, you can also get quick thirty minute recipes, even ready options, microwave meals, or a dedicated family menu. Home Chef has everything you and your family need for hassle free, delicious dinners. They have over your thirty options a week and serves a variety of dietary needs. Plus it's economical. Home Chef customers save an average of eighty six dollars a month on groceries and when meal planning ends upon the back burner. Check out home Chef's new five Ingredient meals that simplify prep with super easy recipe steps using just five fresh, pre portioned ingredients. And that is what I love the most. For a limited time, home chef is offering my listeners fifty percent off and free shipping for your first box plus free dessert for life. Go to home chef dot com slash pink Shade. That's home chef dot com slash pink Shade for fifty percent off your first box and free dessert for life. Home chef dot com slash pink Shade. Must be an active subscriber to receive free dessert. No Salt Lake City. I was so excited that it's back. I watched it. I watched it last night and my daughter kept coming in and out asking questions. I was like, you're in or you're out, like we're watching or we're not. Like you can't have it both ways, Like you're gonna sit and watch it with no commentary until the commercial And she's like, wow, I guess I'll just be in the other room.
Speaker 2: I was like, so locked in? So locked in you will?
Speaker 1: She just headed out of the room. Now, did you guys watch or have you watched the Charlie Sheen documentary?
Speaker 2: Yes, I watched it last week.
Speaker 1: Deep thoughts on that to me.
Speaker 2: Honest, I still one thing that really frustrates me is for me personally, I think Charlie Sheen is like a dangerous person, Like I genuinely think that, and he gets this like crazy wacky uncle at it that I don't think is fair to his victims. So yeah, and I thought it was interesting his second wife is her name Brooke? Yeah, Yeah, it's interesting how in the second episode they like very much focused on Brook and Brooks struggles but not like Charlie struggles with Brook and even the night where he allegedly pulled out a knife. They were like, we don't remember anything about it, so we can't talk about it.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's such a cop out. It's it's so interesting. I heard somebody else talking about it and they said, you know, you've got a nine to one one call. You know, my husband's Charlie Sheen, Like he's going to kill me. He has a knife. And then in the next scene it's like he's the sweetest guy on the earth. He never heard her fly, Like he did pull out a knife on you so much that you called nine one one.
Speaker 2: For fear for your life.
Speaker 1: But it's like he's the greatest guy in the world. I'm like, is that because he's paying you child support or is raising your children?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: And I love Denise Richards on it. I loved her, you know, just being really honest, Like it was fine until it wasn't and then I had to leave me Like I love I just love Denise Richards. Don't Aaron Feffers can tell me whatever the fuck you wants. You can tell me whatever. He could say, whatever he wants. We already saw you, sir on Real House Loves of Beverly Hills, and we know that you're weird, so you're not a You can't tell me anything about Denise Richards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love her. The biggest take I actually got from watching the two episodes is Martin Sheen's a really good dad, Like he kept trying to help Charlie and like really like setting up interventions and driving him or picking him up from rehab, making sure he's in rehab. It gave me the newfound respect for Martin that I didn't even know it was there. He gets weird.
Speaker 1: The mom is just no, It's like it's like there is no mom. It's like they bear the fact that when they were new, just briefly like there's.
Speaker 2: No there's also no sister talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they had a sister, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know they had a sister till I watched the doc because I knew about obviously Emilio and Ramone.
Speaker 1: Ramone, yeah, Ramone.
Speaker 3: I always told people when they because the Real Housewives also gave Charlie like the silly uncle edit, whether they're like, oh that crazy Charlie, I can't believe he's in your family. It's like I always tell people when you when you forget how like truly horrific Charlie is as a human being. Read the stuff that Denise said about him in court. It is like gut wrenching, like the abuse, him hitting her and beating her up while she was holding their kids, like the stuff, the kind of stuff that she found on his computer that she had to report to the court. I mean, he's like he is a dangerous person, and like, unfortunately he's really funny and charming and you have to real yourself, like the whole, you know, the tiger blood of it all is like just a small fraction of who he is, you know.
Speaker 1: And I didn't think that was cute or funny at the time. I was like, this is not going to end. Well, this guy's going to die, yeah, and everybody's going to be like, well that was fun and I'm like that's not yeah, and the whole you know Corey Haim and he was like, oh, it's not true and his mom said it's not true. I was like, wow, other people said it was true.
Speaker 3: Yeah. His mom was a stage mom that didn't protect him, so we don't really care about how she.
Speaker 1: Feels, right, and probably he paid the mom absolutely.
Speaker 2: They also didn't bring up, like Charlie's Angels, when he had that like harem of women that he dated at one point during I think the Tiger Blood era of him. He has a young women living with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like there somebody asked me, you know, was he a producer? Did he have any editing rites on it? And that I don't know. He didn't make himself look great, but it wasn't terrible. It wasn't as bad as it could have been. If, like, if now we turn around and we do like an ID channel version, it's gonna be worse, you know, or if Hulu puts out a rival documentary, the Uncensored Charlie Sheen or whatever, which would be a great idea. By the way, somebody somebody do that. Okay, did you guys watch an Unknown Caller?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, did you already know the story?
Speaker 2: So I didn't mind. I like to know.
Speaker 1: Somebody who went into it not knowing and watched it, and it was like, what the fuck? Because I knew before I watched it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So my fiance mentioned, I think this is the one about the parent or about the mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but as.
Speaker 2: We're watching it, I'm like, the mom's not in it, so it's obviously not the mom. So I like didn't believe or alert. Yes, I didn't believe Blair. I didn't believe my fiance, and I'm like, it's definitely like a coach, it's someone you know, it's definitely a millennial with how they're typing. So my jaw dropped. Even though I did get like told it was the mom, I just couldn't believe it. Yeah, it's so.
Speaker 1: I was with some girlfriends this weekend at the beach, and I was like, we're going to watch this thing. Okay, I've already watched it, by the way, I listened to like three podcasts about it, but I was like, I just wanted to see their reactions. So we're sitting there and it's four friends, and so my one friend goes, I think I already know this story, like I think, and I.
Speaker 2: Go, I'm worrying for everybody.
Speaker 1: So only immediately when we're watching it, immediately nothing they don't know except for the one friend knows nothing. Two of my friends at the same time goes, I think it's one of the moms. But they thought it was Owen's mom. Oh okay, just because she looks so like put together, where as Lauren's mom's like hi, and you're like, well, it couldn't be this loser, you know.
Speaker 2: But did you think that?
Speaker 1: To me, the most saying anything was at the end when the cousin was brought on the cousin at the bar and she goes, she's always been attention seeking. If we were talking, she'd have to be over here dancing trying to get your attention, which of course we didn't get that from her just sitting in a chair, that she's attention seeking. But I was like, oh, so this is like munch House and by proxy, but with computers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the new kind.
Speaker 2: It was crazy. And I've also seen people on socials being like, oh, well, Lauren was in on it. I'm like, there's no way that poor girl.
Speaker 1: I was like thirteen fourteen at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm like, move out of this town. Move like when they were going through where they're at now. I couldn't believe that she stayed in that town and had to go to school with like Owen and Courtney.
Speaker 1: I believe her name was no, it was Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, just another Kardashian name with a k K name.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't believe she was still going to school with them after everything happened. Not that she did anything wrong, it's just, you know, mom did that.
Speaker 1: It's terrible, and I do think so. At the very least, we know that Lauren is now somewhere in college. Yes, so that's good because if it's at least it's not like the local community college, then hopefully she can get it. Maybe this money that maybe she earned from being on this thing, she could go one state away, you know. And her dad seemed like he was like, what the hell I know. But if you if you've listened to my episode with the Ace we were talking about earlier, he did before I had watched it, he did a full imitation and you'd have to see it on YouTube to see it, but he did this full imitation of the mom and I was like, well, hold on. I was like, let me look her up. Let me look herup, because I don't even know what she looks like. I haven't watched it. I'm looking her up and I go, oh, I go, she's got property brother's mouth or you can't. You just can't. The Property brothers also can't close their mouth. It's just why can't you close your mouth? It's a little bit like Kanye. He also can't close his mouth.
Speaker 2: That's true, but he does have metal teeth.
Speaker 1: Or that would also make it difficult when you have titanium teeth or whatever the fucking is gone on. Kanye is on my list of like, how many shows have you guys had to do about Kanye were dangerous?
Speaker 2: Honestly, we haven't done many, but recently we did a two part Kanye in his controversies, So if anyone wants to listen to like all the stuff Kanye has done in the last twenty five years, okay.
Speaker 3: Which was interesting. I mean we both like read. I mean, we have like our fingers on the pulse as much as we can. But like when you have somebody like Kanye that does something crazy like every year, yeah, it starts to like snowball, where like people just start to disassociate and they just don't even retain it. It's like, oh, Kanye did another crazy thing or he said something crazy, but when you really lay it out, like it is quite insane. We did the same kind of thing with Chris Brown, and it was like, you know, people have this idea in their mind that Chris Brown got arrested like maybe once or twice from the like the couple big moments, and they're like they always say like, oh, the Rihanna thing was so long ago, like let a person grow, But Chris Brown has been arrested every single year since Rihanna, every single year.
Speaker 1: Because you guys did like the whole thing about Chris Brown and Kanye. Okay, I need to listen to the Kanye went fascinated by because I'm.
Speaker 2: Just like where did you know? Listen?
Speaker 1: We all understand like crazy genius and whatever, And obviously, like Charlie Sheen, you can see when somebody's off their meds, and not even in like a funny way, but like very literally off their meds.
Speaker 2: You can see.
Speaker 1: And if you haven't anybody in your life ever that needs to be on meds, you could tell when they're off. And Kanye the same thing. But I don't understand sort of like now I'm a nazi like that, like what you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, in our episode, apparently he was saying those things back in like what like twenty twelve, if not earlier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's basically always had these views, but like you said, he's more unhinged now and feels more emboldened to say like what he really feels. I think that he's a very chronically online person, like I think that he's like on dark Reddit, like I think that he is, Like yeah, but apparently he's always secretly been like this, and like if you go back and read stuff that like artists have said about like even recording with him back in the day, like before he was even famous, that it was like a really unhinged kind of terrifying experience being alone in a room with him. And he's also a sexual predator, like the stuff that women have reported about him and him like making them watch porn and like showing him showing them his penis and asking people to touch it.
Speaker 1: He's like a weird ho Yeah, oh okay, I need to go to listen to that because now, of course again toxic. I'm like, oh well, let me go listen. That's great. This is I'm literally asking you, guys news that I don't know the answer to this. I wrote, I wrote down things. I was like, Okay, they don't know about Mary Cosby, but I guarantee you they're going to find out little nas X what happened there. I saw all that stuff of him walking down the shit going where's the party?
Speaker 2: Where's it?
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't want this for little nas X. I love him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing that Troy and I kept saying is at first we thought it was another like PR stunt, because he's known for doing stuff like that. But the second I heard he was tased and like in prison or in jail, I was like, no way, Like, he's not doing this to sell a single. I think it's really sad. And now he's going to rehab. I know he's going to get some help, and I hope he comes out of it in a more positive light and brings us more fun music. And because I do enjoy his music, I just I.
Speaker 1: All heard it was he was arrested and hospitalized, but because he was having some sort of overdose situation, he was not well, and I didn't hear the rehab heart so I just I like, I heard that, and I saw the videos and then it just made me sad, so I couldn't watch it anymore.
Speaker 2: I think it's crazy. People were walking up to him, well he's clearly unwell, being like will you do a TikTok with us? What?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? That guy? Yeah, the guy that like was following and recording him on the street for like twenty minutes. I was like, this is just like really really sad, like this.
Speaker 1: You could just get your buddy to call nine one one while we're recording him to yeah, body to come and get him in an ambulance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like he's in the middle of the road in his underwear, Like can you do something to maybe help? Like, I don't know. That was just crazy. And we always talk about whenever we talk about him on the show, I always say that he just strikes me as somebody that feels really susceptible to like darkness, Like he just seems like he'd be I always say, he seems like the one that would be first in line in a party that you should leave, Like he just seems so open and vulnerable to like seedy dark people around him. And like, I don't know, I just always worried about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then it came true. I'm sorry. Okay, I want you guys to know that I have not watched The Bachelor or The Bachelorette literally since Nick by All was on. Okay, that's I don't even know if that was in the early aught, I don't know when that was. And I'm not like a giant, vile fan now I'll tell you that much. But Taylor Frankie Paul being the bachelorette is going to make me watch it. They so they won, It succeeded. They won.
Speaker 3: People were mad about it, but you know what, I think that whatever their intention was, it worked. Like we're all talking about it. I mean, everybody is talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's stunt casting, but I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm watch it and me it's a stunt cast that worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's like my co host Kisha Goes, who wants to date this girl has got three kids by two men who has been arrested is a swinger. But I go, I don't think he's a swinger. Like, that's not like her. I don't think that swinging is her brand. I think she just did it because she got married when she was like nineteen. It was like I might like to bang somebody else, you know, that's.
Speaker 2: Just what they did.
Speaker 1: I go, I don't think she's a swinger.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, she's like swinging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just happened to do a couple of swings. But people are like, why on earth would this be the And I go, why does it have to be like a young single person with no kids ever been married.
Speaker 2: Why does it have to be that?
Speaker 1: Because somebody like Taylor Frankie Paul is out there in the world trying to date and she's a gorgeous woman. So I'm like, I bring it on. I it worked. Whatever pr they have pulled, it worked on me. Whoever that team needs to get it Emmy, it worked on it.
Speaker 3: That's why I think it's so good, because this show needs to get with modern times. Like The Bachelor is like twenty years behind in all ways, and like it used to be. I remember, uh, what's her name? She's like a U. She's a podcaster. Now I can't think of her name. Uh that does narrow Huh yeah, Caitlyn, Like I remember on her season, I loved her. She was like one of my favorite bachelorettes of all time. And people were like ready to pitch fork her because she like had sex during the season. Oh oh right, right right, Like it's just it's like people like, yeah, like, but.
Speaker 1: If it was a guy, they would be like, you go for it, man, bang goes too days. Yeah, yeah, likely.
Speaker 3: The guys hook up with everybody and nobody ever says anything. So it's just like, yeah, like, let's get with modern times where people have baggage, people that are on dating apps have baggage, they have kids, they have x's Like, it's who cares, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm excited about it. And then The Golden Bachelor, the Golden Bachelorette whatever. I sort of that first season. It was a novelty, so I watched it for a little bit, but I was like, I can't. And also, like from my neighborhood was on it. Now I don't really know her very well, but somebody was like, you know, so I was like, say what, she was the one? And literally her name was like Nancy. I can't remember, but she was so cute and she was on She was the woman they had to do like the wedding dress thing, so she had to put on the wedding dress for something, and then she started crying like the last time I wore a wedding dress, you know. And then my husband died and all that, and then she left. But what's interesting about this coming season of The Golden Bachelor is that guy has made some like rude comments like don't bring me anybody over sixty. Meanwhile he's like sixty five, of course, and then Heather McDonald's friend is going to be on it, and she's she was saying on her show. She was like, I've known, but I couldn't say. She was like, I don't know what happens. I don't know any outcome. She said, but my friend is on it. It's one of her best friends. And I was like wow, and like, but that guy he seems so like red faced, like I didn't seem like I want you know, you look like he looks sunburns like I didn't want to. I don't know if I'm interested in him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is quite My friends used. My friends and I used to talk about this, like it's like painful to watch the Bachelor and not want to hook up with the Bachelor. It's like three hours a night. Like I'm like, I gotta be striving towards something. Here.
Speaker 1: You got You're like, he's not hot. I don't care, y'all. What's the hardest thing about hitting your protein goals? For me, it's breakfast. I'm always trying to figure out a protein packed breakfast because there's so many days when I know I'm not going to be able to grab lunch. So let me tell you tropical smoothie cafe helps me hit that protein goal every morning while staying on tropic time. At Tropical Smoothie Cafe, it's super easy, breezy to get your morning protein. My favorite part is you can order a head in the app and you can do it online and you grab your high protein SIPs and bites even faster, you guys, I love the app. You could go get my husband's favorite, which is the peanut pair of dice smoothie with twenty two grams of protein, and you could add more good vibes to your smoothie. You can do almonds, spinach, kale, chi, se, ginger, or supplements like Energizer. My personal favorite is the sausage, egg and Cheese Dia, but there are also amazing choices like Peebee Protein crunch Bowl, the mixed berried Greek yogurt bowl, or the All American rap You guys, on the way home from the beach, we stopped at Tropical Smoothie in North Carolina and I got two of those sausage, egg and cheese dias for me and my son. We love them. It's just so good, so make every day I get away with the bold flavors and better for you. Pairings only a Tropical Smoothie Cafe. Order ahead, take the scenic rout and earn rewards with a Tropical Smoothie Cafe app. Download it to day Tropical Smoothie Cafe. You're on Tropic time now, So what are some other hot top because that you guys covered that, like I wouldn't even think about.
Speaker 2: You know, I actually last night I want to recommend this doc to you in Oka listens. Let me find the name of it really quick. Okay. It's called thirst Trap and it's on Paramount Plus. And it's about this TikToker named William White, who I did not know before I started watching this. Troy, you would love this. So he's like a first trappy TikToker. Yeah, but all the women who follow him are like forty and up. Yeah, and he'll be like, oh, I'm at Domino's and then his bill's paid. He's made over two million dollars from these women just sending him money, and like he sleeps with them. It is crazy and I think everyone should watch it first time on Paramount Plus. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My friend Kate Casey recommended it. And what was so fascinating was Kate was telling me about it, she was the same thing. She's like, you wouldn't believe it. Like these women are like in their forties fifties, and they're fighting over this kid who lives in Canada and they don't even know him, and like they're showing up at his house and the mom's like, whoa are you here for her to play majong? Are you here to sleep with my son? Like what's happening? And crazy? But as Kate was telling me about it, I was like, did Heather interview that guy?
Speaker 2: And we asked Heather and she was.
Speaker 1: She had completely forgotten during COVID she interviewed him because he was such like a TikTok sensation.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'll tell you it was a painful interview because it was like pulling teeth, like he didn't have any personality. Yeah, and he doesn't in the dock either. Done. He's just good looking.
Speaker 3: So you haven't said him many dominoes money?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't sent him any gifts on TikTok Live or anything.
Speaker 1: But there's roses or whatever. He said.
Speaker 2: This woman her handle and she's on it, like her face everything. Her handle is Will's gutter girl and she so It's incredible. I can't recommend it enough. And like these women are from California, someone traveled to Greece to watch him get rebaptized or born again. Everyone needs to watch this.
Speaker 3: I can't judge until I see it. I might be sending him money.
Speaker 1: I say it might be Will's gut her boy at the end of it, Yeah got her guy, got her guy, got her guy one o one that rounded by gift cards. I'm likes nothing, but yes, Kate told me about that, and I haven't watched it, so I when I was on this trip with the girls, I posed it, like, Hey, my friend Kate, who this is what she does. She recommends things. Would you guys want to watch this? And I kind of told them the premise and they're like, oh.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: We were like my reaction when my fiance put it on, She's like, we're gonna watch this, and halfway I'm like, what is this.
Speaker 1: She's like, She's like, it's like women our age going after a kid, our son's age. I go yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and they're like, we don't think so, we don't think so, But I I wish I would have forced them to watch it, like I forced them to watch Unknown Caller. Yeah, he said, we watched the Charlie Sheen documentary.
Speaker 2: I mean all bangers, all three were great, but yeah, first Trap. It wasn't even on my radar till last night, and now it's all I want to talk about.
Speaker 1: It's because it's on Paramount Plus and people are like, how do I even get that?
Speaker 2: Do I have that? Do I have to do?
Speaker 1: I have to pay for ninety nine a month for that too. It's like, oh, I got it. And then then I was like, now I looked. I was like, okay, I do have it. I do pay for it. I didn't even know.
Speaker 3: And I discover what apps you have? Is you just find out like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you want to like hmm, you type in how do I watch blah blah blah, and you're like do I have that?
Speaker 2: You click it, You're like I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You're like I've paid thousands for it?
Speaker 1: Now, oh I give them twelve dollars a month. Why. Somebody the other day was like you just got to go ahead and get on the YouTube premium ba blah. I was like, I refuse, I can't pay. That's where I draw the line. It's like why, why is that I pay for paramount. Plus why is YouTube now where I'm drawing the line, I can't pay for one more thing, just put it all on one thing. Oh my god. Okay, did you guys watch Dancing with the Stars last night?
Speaker 3: This is okay. We had a whole segment on our show about Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's hear it.
Speaker 3: Okay. They tempt me every year with the cast. I mean, the casting is superb, like couldn't be better. Kate Gosslin stomping down the stairs is like pornographic to me, like literally, sign me up. But the show is so boring and the dancing is so boring. I can't It's like cheesy. It's so cheesy and so geriatric and so and it's like, who wants to see little Kim doing the waltz? Is how I feel about it?
Speaker 2: I me, I was like, I.
Speaker 1: Would like to see little Kim what she looks like right now trying to do in the dancing I did he she looks like an upside down pair and it goes to the bottom and those are her feet, those are her little feet, and they're like it's the it's it's it's a crazy so yeah, I would like to see that.
Speaker 2: I did hear Dylan Efron did a dance to Kalis's milkshake. So, you know, I feel like when it comes to shows like that or even like I'm gonna call it the wrong name again, that Fox Strongest Survival Person.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, with like special Horses, special horses.
Speaker 2: We did it, you guys.
Speaker 1: It took thirty five minutes, but we got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, special horses. Yeah. When it comes to those shows, I just feel like I can watch the clips, like I don't need to sit through a whole episode, like totally. If I want to see the Dylan Efron thing, I'll just type it into TikTok. I don't yes, And if like Aaron Carter couldn't get me to watch it a decade ago, there's no one that will get me to watch it.
Speaker 1: Well, this was my mother, my mother's favorite show.
Speaker 2: She's eighty five.
Speaker 1: It's my mother, like I wrote her last night, I good Mom, I'll have you know. I'm watching Dancing with his Ars. I was watching it for the Mormon Wives and Elia and I said I'm watching it and Mom goes, oh, thank you for reminding me. Just going tune onto her television. So I did watch What did you think? I wrote my friend Matt, and I go, I remember now why I don't watch it. It's so cheesy. It's the whole Juliana, Huff and Alfonsa were going to you, Juliana, to you, Alfonso, and you're like, oh, take it down, and the whole, the Bruno jumping over the desk, it's like, if you haven't watched it in twenty years, he's still with just now with white hair, jumping over the desk, doing like ow you know all of that, and you're like, oh, and Derek Huff's like okay, okay. And last night was the premiere. It's a live show and Kelly and Novel wasn't even there.
Speaker 2: She was sick. Oh wow. They were just.
Speaker 1: Doing two judges like they didn't even like, let's bring in somebody real quick.
Speaker 2: Let Julian sit down.
Speaker 1: And I don't know she got like real sick before, but I was like, that's sus But so Corey Felderman was on there. Oh gory, he's doing a lot of Michael Jackson cosplay.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, was he doing Michael that's his standards.
Speaker 1: But of course Alfonso Roberta was also used to do a lot of Michael Jackson cosplay. So we're all just like everything with everything's fine, nothing to see here. Let's just we'll just bring out a Bill Cosby dancer next, like every everything's great, nothing problematic, Let's do some Jeffrey Epstein. It's fine. I was like, all right, nobody's gonna mention that's weird, okay. Dylan Eerfron was not a good dancer, but pretty to look at, you know. He opened the show. Oh, he opened with he and Bruno snipping a milkshake and then he jumped up and did like a booty shake and then did milkshake. Whitney for Mormon Wives was great, she is she's a great dancer. And Jen from Mormon Wives was okay. She did a lot of flips. I was like, is this a cheerleading competition? And they even said at the end, like you can actually dance, you don't have to keep flipping like so many flips.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about Jen. Something about Jen really worries me. I can't explain it, but I feel.
Speaker 1: Like she has three under three an eight week old baby in his only show, and.
Speaker 2: That husband of hers, even though he had a good edit last season.
Speaker 1: I'm not tricked he's over there in a T shirt that says like Gen's fan or But Whitney was really good. She looks incredible and you forget, like how like hot she actually is because she's always in those like big collared dresses and stuff. You forget she's actually stuff. I'm trying to think. So, Corey Feldon was there, and they kept going to they would say like friends and family of whoever Corey Feldman. They would go over to this woman who's like tattooed like neck to foot, and they kept going and it was like three of them, and you're like, are those his?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, he's still he still has his angels. He didn't retire his No, I think.
Speaker 1: They're still there. Yeah, But I gotta tell you, listen, next week two people will be eliminated, and that will be good for me because then there'll be less show to watch. Andy Richter was on and he kind of did a lot of winking at the camera. I'm trying to think who else was good? Laria Baldwin. You would not have if you put her, honestly, you would not have known that was her.
Speaker 3: She's a good dancer, right, She's like she used.
Speaker 1: To be like a professional dancer, but then she literally broke her hip from like overuse or something. And they showed like her x ray with her pins and her thing and her accent as pre us comes and goes, comes and goes. But she has like such different hair and such, you know, of course heavy makeup and stuff. And then she's just like a little stick with the little you know, round little boobies on it that are rocks. So you wouldn't really recognize her from the l ario we knew on the show. But she wasn't as annoying as you thought, because I was thinking she'll be the first one to be eliminated because people fucking hate her. Yeah, but they didn't give her a chance to be hated. She didn't let her personality come out too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw videos of her doing like TikTok promo and Union Square.
Speaker 1: That's what she needs to stop that because people are going to not vote for her. People aren't going to vote for her if she shows her real personality, do you know what I mean? Like people like my mom watching at home, who don't know anything about her. We'll be like, she's interesting. I didn't know she's married to that Alec Baldwin. Seven children is a lot. It would vote for her. If you know anything, then you're not going.
Speaker 2: To Unfortunately for me, she gives like VH one Reality Star and I love that. Like, if if VH one was still running, she would have been on Rock of Love or something.
Speaker 3: She would have been on Couples Therapy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Couples Therapy were Doctor drew her and Alec, Like, I wish that would have been great for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we probably the only podcast in the world covered the bald Ones. On our show. We recapped it episode by episode, play by play. I couldn't get enough of it me too.
Speaker 2: I talked about it briefly during Like a Kiki, but I watched it every week and I never took my eyes off that screen.
Speaker 1: And they had that one baby, that one baby that was such an asshole. That one baby. They'd go around just whacking people in the face and stuff, and I was like, nobody's checking that baby. And they called me the baby the baby and she was like six and she's really hit people on stuff. Yeah, I was like, that baby is an asshole.
Speaker 3: Spirit Yes, one.
Speaker 2: Point at the dentist and it's like all the kids and they're like, what did you learn today? And one of the boys is like, I learned my sister is a bitch. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's like, don't be a fucking asshole. And they're like ten and six and the dentist is like, we don't talk like that. And they're like, oh, you can hear Alaria and they're going no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, don't talk to your slister.
Speaker 1: No no, And you're like, oh, oh my god, now listen. It's a miracle. My kids didn't have potty Mouse and they're older now, so it's fine. But I reined it in for a long time. But once they hit like seventeen eighteen, I was like, I don't give a shit.
Speaker 2: This is how we talk.
Speaker 1: I can't censor myself in front of you. And now it's just a full partty mouth. I don't care. Okay, So Salt Lake City we talked about, are you guys keeping up with Miami?
Speaker 2: I'm not so much you.
Speaker 3: I usually keep up with Miami. This season's been tough for me, really, Okay, tell me why. I just like, I don't know. I thought, I feel like the past two seasons of Miami have been absolute perfection, like just absolutely incredible. This year, the girls are producing. I don't hate when the Housewife's self produced. I hate when they try and like run, It's like, just show up and be funny and let things play out. Stop trying to be a producer of this damn show. I hate that because it never works out.
Speaker 1: Without Stephanie showed up and she's just boom boom boom, like producing her own storylines.
Speaker 2: But she's but but.
Speaker 1: People like her or they hate her, you know which is you want what you want?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bother me.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to be friends with her, but she doesn't bother me.
Speaker 3: I'm very behind, but I will say I do know enough that I need. Uh. I can't even think of her for her freaking name, the like the like Julia, Julia enough. Like we have entertained the idea of this woman being a housewife enough and it's it was ridiculous her first year, and then she came back and was like, what is she doing here? I guess she can stay.
Speaker 1: Now now she's adopted two more children. It's like enough, She's got to say on the show she needs the money kids now she's got two kids down on a goat in the kitchen. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, get this woman off my screen immediately.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you guys are caught up on the all the OC drama.
Speaker 2: All I, all I.
Speaker 1: Katie wasn't even on this episode this past episode, which was interesting, and I will say that kind of at the end, they bring up Gina is a little bit worried about Shannon's drinking, which I'm like, Okay, how many seasons has Shannon been on her We're talking ten twelve. This is a storyline every season. Girl, stop drinking on camera. Do what you want in the off season, but you need to pull a Sonia and just not drink for a whole season and then get lit in the off season. I don't know why she's not getting the memo because I think she thought she was going to be able to eke back into slowly drinking on camera. But this past episode she was clearly lit. They did a whole montage of shit she was saying in the car where she was like, my uncle, I have a gott a farm, and and they're like, what you know, I don't. It's not looking good for Shannon, and they say. They kind of show at the end of the episode that Gina's worried about it, and I was like, yeah, she should be.
Speaker 3: She should be. They shouldn't feel like that's a storyline. Yeah, being worried about Shannon's king is enough as a b plot at this point.
Speaker 1: No, it's just the through line. It's just every season, it's just like look showing pictures of the ocean. It's just we're worried about Shannon's. Like it's always constant, right, you know, they we do see for next week. It talks about Tamra at some point tried to put out an album or something and they're like, wait what and they go, yeah, she ended up banging whoop. Now that's what I need you blind din of people to find out.
Speaker 2: We'll look and we'll email you if we find the answer.
Speaker 1: For sure, I need to know because Tamra banged and it was two words. So I was like, is it Richard Marx?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Because that's the only thing celebrity never comes on.
Speaker 2: The show, and it was like is it?
Speaker 1: I was like, is it like Adam Levine. I need to see if it's like enough syllables.
Speaker 3: My dream is that it's Dallas, Austin, and then there's a there's a through line of Atlanta where like Kim Zulciak's former music producer, inched his way into OC. That's what I'm hoping.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you got you have to slow down and watch the lips because it shows Gretchen's lips. But they they in addition to bleeping it, they put fuzzy over her lips so that you couldn't read it. But it's just low enough that you might be I was like, we kept going back and forth, not saying if I could figure it out. Somebody's gonna know, and I'm gonna leave it.
Speaker 2: Up to you guys to figure it out. Yeah, I need to like hear it and be like, is that a Scott Storage track.
Speaker 3: Night? I hope that it's somebody just obscure from the house iives universe. I hope that it's the guy that produced money Can't Buy You Class. I'm not kidding, like I wanted to be something to somebody, Absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I think because it's bleeped, it's somebody that we know.
Speaker 2: David's foster.
Speaker 3: They sat at the piano.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine Tara sitting with David Foster, who's so like classy and and like, let's play this bench, same same on, same thing. Okay, well, I'm gonna leave it up to you.
Speaker 2: Gause.
Speaker 1: Literally, that's like my last note here. It was like, can they figure out who it is? And please let me know when you do. I need to be on it. Okay, So you guys, tell everybody where they could find your Instagram, your podcast, your TikTok, all the things you do because you're so entertaining and you do have all this scoop. And I am getting on an airplane later today and I am going to listen to that two part episode about Kanye.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Let us know how you feel about it. Okay, I'm sure I'll be disturbed, and pretty much if you look up, Beyond the Blinds will pop up. I know on Instagram it's Beyond the Blinds pod. I believe TikTok it's also Beyond the Blinds Pod. But we're streaming everywhere and we are going on tour this fall, so we'll be hitting up the West coast, Midwest, and East coast.
Speaker 1: Wow, are you coming to DC?
Speaker 2: We are, Well, we're going to Arlington, Virginia. If you would like to come.
Speaker 1: Well, I live in Alexandria, Virginia, which is next door to Arlington, Virginia.
Speaker 3: Oh, come to show?
Speaker 2: Yeah again?
Speaker 1: Where is it in Arlington? Do you know? I mean ling Draft host?
Speaker 2: Oh, I know exactly where that is. Yeah, we would love to have you there.
Speaker 1: I'm writing it down Arlington Draft House. Okay, great, I'd love to come. All right, I'll be in touch with you guys about that.
Speaker 2: What do you guys do?
Speaker 1: Do you just sit on the stage and you're just sort of keeky about like what the latest news is and stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, we used to do our show. We've done like what is this our third time going on on tour four, So each time we've kind of switched up the format of the live show. It used to be really blind item heavy. We've lightened it up a little, and then we've incorporated like some games and like fun like audience interaction. But this coming time we're doing something that we haven't done, which we haven't really talked about yet. It's kind of a surprise. You like to like leave it a surprise, but okay, it's going to be really entertaining, super pop culture heavy, very audience interactive, like it's gonna be a fun, you know, get drunk at seven pm kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, you guys should get people from the audience to come up and give you a blind item and to see if you guys can guess.
Speaker 2: Well, we do at the end, so if someone wants to present us with the blind item, we are more than happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or not even blind, just like blast it exactly like I saw I've got I've got a million. But because Dave rol is local to our area, people used to always be like, Dave Girl actually bought my friend's house, So I've got more like Dave Girl stories from that era, like personally him, you know, meeting with my friend when they were buying the house.
Speaker 2: But she called me.
Speaker 1: This was like, so, I mean, you guys, it is before I got married, which has been twenty five years. She called me and she on like a landline and I was working at Turner Broadcasting at the time, and she called me and she's going and I go, what she goes is in my house? I go, who's in your house? Do you need nine to one one? Like what's happening? She was like, Dave Grohl is in my house.
Speaker 2: I was like what?
Speaker 1: And he was touring the house with Taylor Hawkins, and he bought it and he recorded the first Food Fighters album in her house. Oh my god, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: So in her it was the same.
Speaker 1: So like if you're rolling stone articles, you go and look up from that time that I was like, that's Mary's house, but your parents house. But it's fascinating because people always had these stories about I saw Dave Groll at Maggie Moos getting ice cream, you know, and he was always nice and normal and people were like and then the people behind the counter are like, are we supposed to know you? Are you famous? He's like, nah, Now, don't look at me, Gotta. I'm just trying to get my cookies and cream. But I love stories like that where people get up and say I saw so and so on in an airport, like Jen Aiden yell at Jersey Mike's employee at the airport. Like I love I love stories like that.
Speaker 3: That's one of the fun things about our live show is, like people, the one thing about our live show that never changes is the Q and A. Like there's always a section of the show where like it's just the whole room gossiping. Basically, yes, yes, I love the local gossip that you could never ever possibly know unless you're in the town, and like it doesn't leave the live show. Yeah, yeah, so it's fun.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, where we live it's a lot of like political stuff. So maybe you should make that announcement at the beginning. We don't want to hear about any politicians. You saw, We don't care, We don't hear.
Speaker 3: We even done DC in a while. The lots changed since the last time we were there.
Speaker 1: Definitely, well, I'll just leave that there, but I'll definitely come. I'll definitely come.
Speaker 2: Up about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys look up Beyond the Blinds and listen to their podcast and follow all the Instagram and the TikTok and then if you're in a place where you can go to a lot show, go to a I'd love to go to a live show and just meet like like minded people, you know. That's like my favorite thing in the world, is just like staying at the bar and like chat with people about the stupid stuff that we all like.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people come to our shows alone and lead with like a gaggle of girls. In the next year we come around, they'll come with their friends that they met at our first show. It's really it's really cool. Oh I love that too. I love that too.
Speaker 1: I'm always like, don't be afraid to go alone because everybody there is like into the same thing you are, so you can walk away with ten new friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, everybody.
Speaker 1: And if you're listening and you are bands of Troy and Kelly and you don't know who I am, please follow me to is Mary Payne at Pink Shake Pot. Okay, thanks guys, thank you.