Speaker 1: Bound you now and welcome to it with with the heavyweights.
Speaker 2: I'm is it John by Spin Chris Lucas Skywalker's Lucas Luke just Luke.
Speaker 1: That's why we call him Scott. Do you have people call you Lucas?
Speaker 3: My grandma wanted me to be named Lucas, but my mom was like, no, Lucas.
Speaker 4: Just the bell at the ball, you know, yeah, the bet at the ball, short and sweet.
Speaker 1: Thank you're tall and ugly? What up? Chat?
Speaker 2: What up did you guys? Watch MESSI lose? Choke fucking choke job.
Speaker 1: Joke job went to ot his old asses cooked.
Speaker 4: I mean it was a ton on one too. Spain Red Card Merchants haven't won a World Cup when they have been in full strength, needed the one man advantage both times they won the World Cup's defense fucking crazy Red Card Merchants their.
Speaker 5: Goalie, their goalie though for Argentina.
Speaker 4: Man I felt so bad, bro, he was Argentina, his goal he was going crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: Guy deserves whatever.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 4: First left until three pm that day on Sunday, so I went out shout show Ryan last saw his new house. We were playing blackjack.
Speaker 1: It was funny.
Speaker 4: I went home lost like five bucks but uh, and then went to uh, went home, fell asleep. Woke up at eight am to a dmac butt call and he was like, buttle spinning go. Actually I was like, all right, went Bactually slept until three pm. I couldn't tell you the last time I slept that long. I guess I needed it.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's a good sleep.
Speaker 3: You know it was hibernating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it felt good, dude, I mean it was.
Speaker 1: I woke up.
Speaker 4: I was kind of pissed off because like I wanted to do something on Sunday.
Speaker 1: What just like I mean, I wanted to just supposed to go.
Speaker 4: Off to lunch with Shelby and I wanted to like put down more chapters than I did. But I just woke up. All I had time to do is fucking do my laundry, and then I was going over my dad's to watch House the Dragon. It sucks to just like waste the whole day sleeping like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially a Sunday because it starts to work a week and ran so like I like I was, I was having friends over like on Sunday because I was like, I want to just do something. So I got up early had some friends over like watch the watch the World Cup game and ship like, I hate wasting a Sunday when you just like, if you go too hard Saturday, you just waste the way Sunday.
Speaker 1: See outside the football season, there's no wasting a Sunday. If you're sleeping, you need that sleep.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Sunday's like my errand days that.
Speaker 2: I took a back half of my Sunday. Yeah, I tried to do.
Speaker 1: As minimal shit as possible on the weekends.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, that's me too, Na, Friday, Saturday is like the big stuff, and on Sundays just like.
Speaker 5: I like to just chills.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I normally go grocery shopping, do laundry, clean the bathroom.
Speaker 2: I'll cut grass like cut grass sometimes got a service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice, we'll be.
Speaker 2: There's something that happened in the World Cup. I don't if we should talk about it or not, because I just don't want people to get whack in the chat this early into the show. But it was fucking hilarious. I'll let the chat to say. If you guys will talk about it, you got promise not to argue with each other.
Speaker 1: The tired rest of the show. It's gonna happen. It's gonna happen. Thought's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: I R fuck it, go ahead, put it up, put it put the World Cup photo. I think I only said one in there, all right, yep, so we can't play the actual footage of the World Cup. But the photo shopped him out like that Spain photo shopped Donnie Trump out of the photo. The entire time he was up there, he was trying right next to him. He did it right next to him. He grabbed the trophy from the head of FIFA like hand it to him. That people like, all right, I guess we're like awkwardly carrying this together, this little ass trophy, and they tried sticking.
Speaker 1: Around for the photo. It was. It was funny. It was fun I wish you could play show you the film.
Speaker 5: But actually that ship was funny.
Speaker 6: When I was watching the game and they show him like up in the press box with like the FIFA guy, which I thought was Jeff Bezos, and I got calm for I thought he was Jeff Bezos, the guy's next to next to Trump. Yeah, I thought that ball the white like alien. We could do with Jeff Bezos. But anyways, I watched Trump, like they like bring up the trophy and he's like, oh, it's nice.
Speaker 5: He just like taps. It's just like his manners.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 1: It was so awkward, so funny, just across the stage a little. It's a pretty awkward video. It's so awkward.
Speaker 2: He like the photo shopped them out of the picture, them in there, I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 6: Right, it's like, yeah, what's the point though, something like that big of a scale, like you know that, like it actually is going to exist out there with him, with him in it. Like it'd be one thing if you weren't like famous or whatever and you were like just trying to like photo shop somebody, like say, like you were trying to pull shot one of your friends out of like a picture or whatever. Like then it makes sense because the world can go on seeing that picture not knowing the truth. But it's like everybody knows that's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: What's like a Trump platform? Truth?
Speaker 1: Truth?
Speaker 3: He like blowing up on that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, we should I'm curious.
Speaker 3: I feel like he would be.
Speaker 4: So my brother asked me if I had blue He's like, you should, you should make a blue Sky account?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, my grinder, Yeah, no thing am I doing? I made one. Yeah, I don't use it though.
Speaker 3: What's blue Sky?
Speaker 1: It's like lip li Twitter. Yeah, the worst place ever if you use a sixth stage bell.
Speaker 5: I saw. I saw hats last night, blue guy.
Speaker 4: I get those.
Speaker 1: It's Spain. It's like it's like it's a country thing. Yeah, you know you're not. It's funny so much. Ship in the next can't try to get off the stage.
Speaker 2: He's fucking randomly like Spain is two weeks away from an Nucleus.
Speaker 1: Ship out of Spain, and that's funny.
Speaker 2: Are we doing a segment on Ward Man? I don't give a I don't really care.
Speaker 1: Am I the only one doesn't give a fuck? Okay, thank you?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 2: I get maybe because it's slow news cycle ever kept talking about it last week.
Speaker 1: I don't give a ship. Yeah, I really don't. I don't. I wish.
Speaker 4: I mean there, we all know that there was a bunch of gross cheating going on in there. Everybody that's been attached to that fucking championship's gone now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was only a.
Speaker 4: Matter of time until Wardmanuel was also wrapped up in it. I wouldn't care. He won two championships for the school. I saw people talking about him on the way out.
Speaker 2: I was like, you guys are ridiculous, by the way, not fired, he's stepping down, just like the following the season.
Speaker 4: But my thing, with my calendar year, i'd take ward Manuel Michigan State, sure, heartbeat.
Speaker 6: The thing I can't the thing I can't like get to care about this is that Michigan has shown time and time again they'll make a terrible higher and then they'll imediately make the best hire ever and they'll follow it with the worst hire. So like it's like it's like, look, whatever coaching staff, whatever, you know, organizational member they lose in their athletic department, they're just gonna. They're just gonna with their endless bag. They're gonna eventually get the right person.
Speaker 4: And super chating there from Adam from the D time, he says, yeah, let's take our Q from Spain, which is run by Spanish Socialist Workers Party Blue Skies for Hella.
Speaker 6: Chris is, Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Remember that Twitter is successful?
Speaker 4: Is Twitter is accessible?
Speaker 1: It's very entertaining.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Twitter, Twitter's bad place.
Speaker 1: Part of a tweets.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of porn on Twitter. The craziest trend in Twitter. I don't know if it's still a thing. Spinny took part of it. When people just post photos themselves so they have a good day out shopping. The mom and some horny motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Got me into some trouble. But you know you picture of Brad, he was cool, Yeah, he's cool with it. Well what I was? What if you leaned over after? Then he was like, I'm wearing I've got what you want to see. Uh yeah, No. Twitter's crazy place full crazy people.
Speaker 4: That's why I love it.
Speaker 2: Derek Carps. Social media is not real life fun fact which Instagram comments are in real life. Wish I remembered what operation was. But like there's like ninety percent of the Internet is bots. Yeah, no ship half the ship you see his bots? Internet arguing with that, Yeah, it's and they're just they're set there to like drive interactions, start arguments, be divisive. Remember that next ting me argue somebody with no profile picture or profile picture of like messy or some shit you say, like like Kirby Joseph.
Speaker 1: It's not a person. It's probably not a person.
Speaker 3: Do you guys like comment on Instagram posts and stuff like that, Like, yeah, I got some cy I never ever ever comment on like, I really do know.
Speaker 4: I my favorite part of social media is Instagram in real comment section.
Speaker 1: Dude, they are so funny. Man. It ship is awesome, Dude.
Speaker 4: I love it and it makes me laugh every time I go to the go right to the reels, go right to the comments.
Speaker 1: They're fucking hilarious.
Speaker 6: It made it made me, it made me somebody that now Like now I'm starting to comment on Instagram bros. Because it's just like, dude, the comment section is where is where it goes every time?
Speaker 1: Sections are funny.
Speaker 3: Can I see one of his comments that around? Unfollowing?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: I do know.
Speaker 3: I need to see that ship? What is that?
Speaker 5: Some boomers?
Speaker 1: Shit? I'm sorry, I'm looking it up, so I give you guys the name of it? Is that just some guy got hacked? I'll find it for you. At some point during.
Speaker 4: The show, did you see Mike Clay changed his mind? Yes, dude, this is why bullying should be a thing. Bullying works, Take it from me. Look at Mike Clay. He got bullied out of a stupid take. If you say something stupid, you should get bullied for it. And Mike Clay got bullied by it by Lions fans, and he changed at You know, this is the guy that ranked Penna sul seventeenth amongst offensive tackles in the NFL based on the system of bullshit that he created to rank offensive lineman. And he got chastised by Lions fans, by pretty much anybody who's ever watched football, and he was getting dragged on the internet. I wanted his arm I wanted his arm as pennants, but we didn't get it. But the bullying worked because we changed his mind. He changed the systems rating. Christ you have his tweet where he said what he changed. Yeah, it's just the tweet. I didn't the whole The thing was an awful mess to look at. So I didn't even want to take a picture of the chart. But here he said, updated twenty twenty six NFL Offensive Line projected starters. The Ethan Poeck is much needed to add at the rave blah blah blah blah. Formula adjusted formula adjusted to just better for position as it pertains the pass block win rate and run block win rate. And he had Penna Sewel ranked third amongst offensive tackles when he fixed it. When he fixed it.
Speaker 2: See, man, why do you spend time? Are you in it like an asshole?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like the moment that you make a fucking system whatever you want to call this, formula, algorithm, whatever you want to call it, and you see Pinna soals ranked seventeenth. I would not publish that. No, immediately, you have to know that system is flushed.
Speaker 1: Something's wrong with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like okay, if you don't have one shirt fine seventeenth seventeenth, you published that you deserve to get bullyed the way you did. Yeah, you had to come and here you are correct, and you were in the fucking common section argument calling minusman's dumbasses and shit like Mike Clay, Dude, you're a fucking tool, honestly terrible journalism.
Speaker 3: And also like him, backtracking on it is just the most spineless thing I swear you could possibly do. I feel like he's only gonna get more hate, like if you would have just like you know, stood with it and like been a dumb ass, Like Okay, you're a dumb ass, but now you're just like Tower Yeah.
Speaker 4: Tower, Yeah, burned with the super chances we outed that one armed Eagles fan. He he does have both arms for now. But his uh, his cohort doesn't. He lost his arm. So that's what I'm saying. Mike Clay deserves losing.
Speaker 1: Arm for that.
Speaker 4: Adam from the d with the Super Chances. If you see Mike claim Detroit, you best believe I'm giving him a muppet.
Speaker 1: Look it up. I can.
Speaker 4: I can assume based on what muppets are, what that means.
Speaker 2: Uh. I found it if you guys want to look at this later at some point. But his name is Aaron Barr. He publicly claimed to have infiltrated Anonymous. He's working with the FBI and like set up security for the Internet. Anonymous is like, oh oh, oh.
Speaker 1: You got us hacked. His ship leaked.
Speaker 2: All his ship included his emails with the FBI that revealed a program where they were making software to make fake fucking profiles. Oh yeah, you'll put out disinformation to start arguments like that the fucking government.
Speaker 1: Yep, like crazy shit. Look it up.
Speaker 4: Look it up, and remember, we do not promote sexual gratification or violence in any way. All we say and do is in a satirical and comedic format. Don't sue us. All right, let's go to break. We'll come back. What's winning the poll? Lions? Probably my lions by a landslide. Let's go all right, we got some good Lions topics to get to. But first let me tell you about Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness the home, the judgment free zone where everybody, we mean everybody can get a full body workout in thirty minutes. And all memberships include fitness training and get all that for just fifteen dollars a month, or you get upgrade the Black Card and get you some Mondy's like Hydrososhtal Body Enhancement, access to over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide, Joiny Clubroundline, Planefitness dot Com, Planet Fitness, Your fitness is essential.
Speaker 7: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroits and your lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports. We're all the Den, Campbell Reacts, Shared Golf, Touchdowns, com and Roth First Downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Gimms, Big Plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Yes Day locked in on all your lines coverage right here, Detroit's number one sports Networkports.
Speaker 8: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month. How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment.
Speaker 1: For every workout?
Speaker 8: And how about pre fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling energized all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the pre pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 7: Jimire Gibbs Breakout Season, floating fopshop of five Bits to the ash Off Touchdown, Woodward Sports most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 4: All Day I PA from Founders Brewing Company. They've been in the game for fifteen years and right now on Monday, Wednesday or Sunday, you can get five dollars shorts of All Day I PA and an Arton Jake's near you, so make sure you go check it out. It's All Day I PA at Arton Jake's.
Speaker 2: Damn that was a bar Ray Gatarto. Also, you got it.
Speaker 1: You got Gordon last week.
Speaker 4: That's pretty Oh you tried to get me and I got it.
Speaker 1: You got some of that chair.
Speaker 4: Somebody about the chair.
Speaker 1: They go a little cousiny. What if they're welcome to whatever it's live which words dot com. I'm easy. You must be more wrecked.
Speaker 2: What Luke Skywalkers mash like button Bee. Friends of a friend of his share this dream.
Speaker 1: Get the like buttons up. Adam from the Dude super Chat, he says, it's me.
Speaker 4: It means I'm going to give him a Detroit Tigers former pitcher Doug Fister.
Speaker 1: Nice. I figured what you know, muppet you're sticking in your hand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I pieced it together without looking it up.
Speaker 1: Shout out, Shout to Adam. Shout out to Adam from the d all Right, Detroit Lions. The Alaskan pipeline.
Speaker 5: We have.
Speaker 1: I don't look it up. It's gross.
Speaker 2: What's I'll tell you when you're Oh, I do know what that is? You actually when I told me that?
Speaker 3: Ye, why Alaska?
Speaker 4: You gotta freeze it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know that. Maybe I did. I don't know. It's gross. I don't know it's really greas.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you for every state.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's just a special one. We should see. There's one from Michigan. Michigan pipeline. I mean, I'm sure there is.
Speaker 4: Burn With the super Chat, he says, I get the government making bots for government things. But why did they need to make fake Cowboy fanbots? Is Dak a FED?
Speaker 2: That's a great question, That's a good question for such a good question. I do agree Dak is probably a FED as well. Speak of feds run up numbers. See Detroy lines have fourteen million dollars left the cast.
Speaker 4: For fourteen million.
Speaker 2: You got to talk to the man himself, Brad Holmes. Yeah, he said he's still making some moves. They did make moves for wide receivers from the XFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Eatroe Lions will do anything with that fourteen million dollars this offseason?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I don't. They won't. It's like that's what they do. They like to have that little break glass in case of emergency fund and one might think your starting cornerback going to jail and being released would be enough emergency to break the glass. But it seems like no, they're waiting for the apocalypse and then maybe they'll pay for another defensive player. I don't know. I sure would think, Hey, this guy that was supposed to start from you or start for your defense, which was already missing a lot of pieces and already a question mark.
Speaker 1: Is going to jail.
Speaker 4: Might you want to spend some of your rainy day fund? But they haven't yet. Well they did, are you right on a on a wide receiver. No, they're probably going to sit on upwards of ten million dollars for the rest of the season. That's what they do for some reason.
Speaker 1: I don't even, I don't even. They did this last year too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, when when you're about to make you missed the playoffs. If not making the playoffs is an excuse to spend this ten million dollar buffer, I'm.
Speaker 1: I don't know what is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like that where one player could have made the difference, you could like you were one player away from winning the game or two which would have put you in the playoffs. And we know that they like to have this little I don't know, this little parachute just for fun, Like they're just skydiving without pulling it every year, Well aren't they always?
Speaker 6: Aren't They always technically using it by rolling it over to help their cap space the next year technically yeah, but they had out of time. But yeah, but now, but now this one where where I won't I won't trip out about them is last year was forty million, forty fucking million this year, it's fourteen, so I think, you know, by this rate, next year we'll have we'll have two million dollars a cass space like I don't know. I think it's I think it's something I can't get mad at because they rolled over, and they rolled over, and it seems like there's less cap space this time around. So I guess I can't really trip about it because it's just gonna be the way this organization operates.
Speaker 4: I kind of can't trip about it not gonna lie because you're losing out on good players over a couple million dollars and you just have that as a buffer.
Speaker 1: Every year.
Speaker 4: You lost out on Carlton Davis over DJ Reid over what a three million dollar difference? Yeah, Angeloney was a couple million dollars more than you were willing to pay. Derek Barnes, and obviously David Montgomery. I mean his was more of a wanting to the guy type of thing. But I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 6: But this is this is my question back to you, and I know you can't answer the spencer. I'm just asking it to be fair, is okay. I don't know how this works, but I know with with the ability to roll over the cap. Like, who's to say that because they rolled over they rolled over that cap last year that this year they wouldn't have made some of those other free agent on the margin acquisitions.
Speaker 5: I mean maybe they could have done it without. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm just throwing that out there as a as a possibility, Like you look at guys like I won't say Kid Mays because obviously you are going to address the center position, but maybe if you didn't roll over the cap, maybe they were gonna address that in a cheaper option.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm just spitballing here of like potential ideas where you could possibly flip it to But.
Speaker 4: You still have like you've got those guys now, and you've got the fourteen million dollars. I you, uh, your starting cornerback is not on this team anymore. I would rather use that money need to get a starting cornerback this year when you have the potential to win the NFC North and make a run in the playoffs, then maybe spend it on somebody in free agency next year when it rolls over.
Speaker 1: See, I didn't view Terry On as a starting cornerback. I just don't.
Speaker 2: I think that's why they were talking about moving him to the Nickels spot. I had this conversation with him. They had this conversation with him. We played the video where he was putting on the weight. I always thought it was probably gonna end up being DJ reading Rock Your Scene, because as much as you invested in Terry and Doronold in the first round pick, he never give you first round pick production.
Speaker 1: In fact, rock your Scene.
Speaker 2: I'll performed him last year and was available more often too, So I think they're not really tripping on like, oh, we got to go find another starting cornerback, because I don't know that Terry was ever slowed to be that starting cornerback.
Speaker 1: But it did get frustrated last year when there was needs.
Speaker 2: It does get frustrated every year when there's need at the S positions. Specifically, Hopefully Derek Moore ends up being that for you that you don't need to go spend that money this year.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not really pressed for it until like a pinpoint a piece, I'm like, we should go sign that guy, like we need him here right now.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's been pieces though in free agency that, like we could have gone out and just like acquired like I think about like Trent McDuffie, Like I would have loved to have him as our starting cornerback or anybody like that, And it's just, you know, we talk about rolling it over next year, but we missed the playoffs this past season. What are we waiting for at this point? Like I saw someone say, like it's it's Super Bowl or bus time almost in Detroit, you know, and so like, yeah, you have to just say fuck it, We're all in because it's now or never, you know.
Speaker 2: I just the thing with Trim mcdodge, I would trust me. I love Trim mc duffie too. That also, you have to give up draft cap what I'm saying, they traded for him and then signed him.
Speaker 1: Plus we we've paid so many people now I don't know we could ford to go grab anybody like that, Like, well.
Speaker 4: You got fourteen million dollars to go to nobody, so you can afford somebody. You can get an impact player for fourteen million dollars.
Speaker 2: The messed up part two is that that's probably also gonna roll over the next year because of Branch Gibbs.
Speaker 1: Are you resigned U.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying, like the Yeah, it's not even gonna be like maybe next year we'll get him.
Speaker 5: It's not even gonna be money.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 6: I think that's part of why like they rolled over last year is because Goff's big Is it this the year?
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can. I don't think you can exist in the NFL on a contender level taking that big of a chunk of your salary cap and allocating it towards next season every year. I don't think that's something. I don't think you can exist like that. I think you need to spend every dollar you have on players to help you win that year. I mean, you can exist, but not well, you're not gonna exist with where you want to. And this is what I said last year. You guys killed me for I said, Brad Holmes.
Speaker 2: Ist nes serious about winning a championship as a guy like Hoyey Roseman, because you're not taking the extra steps to do so, you're not doing this stuff.
Speaker 4: The part that.
Speaker 2: Hurts the worst, to be honest, with the fact that he stems from that RAMS organization.
Speaker 1: Who did it. They did it.
Speaker 2: They they went all in and it is successfully did it again. It's like, Okay, I thought you had that bone in your body and you come from that tree Howie Rose was doing. They did a successfully, They've won a super Bowl. It comes to point too, which I also understand where the money is now. You're kind of fucking stuck. There ain't much room to work with no matter what you do until you know, I hate saying it this way, but until Martha passes and you're able to sell some private equity stock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the team, No, you're right.
Speaker 6: That's where I was gonna point to, is like the ownership part of it, Like, does that not tell you that it's that it's more if not partially ownership.
Speaker 5: That's that. That's it.
Speaker 6: I know we've had this discussion, Sir tis about for sure, like and we and we've all agreed that there's parts where Brad Holmes could have been aggressive, uh you know, even especially on the trade market. But I just feel like with this role over cap, I agree with what Spencer saying. I don't think you can look at the NFL, the sport that I think of all professional sports, the margins matter the most in the NFL. You and you can't you can't leave anything.
Speaker 4: You have to be all in every year in the NFL if you actually want to win a Super Bowl, because your entire franchise can change in one snap. Your entire trajectory can change in one snap. So if you have an opportunity, if you have a window to where you've got all this talent, you can't be pussy footing through a window. You have to be all in because you never know when the window's gonna close, and they can close fast. So to sit on thirty million dollars like they did last year or another fifteen million dollars this year, man.
Speaker 1: But I get it. They needed it. They need that money to resign these guys.
Speaker 4: They needed that money to not make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And I think this year the difference with last year. I mean, by the way, last year, that's a lot of money. I feel like you could have like maybe maneuvered something. Maybe last year they also understood this teammate't built to go. They didn't have a center, they didn't have an offensive line worth a dick.
Speaker 5: They changed two coordinators because they were sitting.
Speaker 1: Forty million dollars. But then again, you need that money to resign.
Speaker 2: Jack can't be you love so much the money to resign Jam Gibson, Mney hold out Sam Laport of Brian Brand.
Speaker 6: Like, I guess that's kind of my issue with it is my my issue.
Speaker 1: You lose those guys you still want in the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Take a shot, Yeah, that's my That's kind of my issue with it is that is that this role over the cap seems to be going to their guys to their contracts that they to that that they signed, rather than like getting that extra piece where I think other NFL franchise are looking at, this is my opportunity to go get this player that does that does X for me. And I think that's where the frustration part is for Detroit Lions fans because you're looking at a situation where Brad Holmes does have some type of ability to to move to maneuver and make some moves, but he is looking at keeping his own guys in And it goes back to that whole you know those two words that we hate around here. It's sustained success approach.
Speaker 2: And I the reason I'm not tripping on Alex to understand the money is needed to maintain these all pro players you have in your roster now, twenty twenty three is when I was tripping out when you had these all pro players and rookie contracts, and that's why that's when I had my crash out and you guys called me an asshole for it, and then I love you boot over.
Speaker 1: You guys opened up the booter path. Oh we're gonna do it either way. No, like this is a fucking time to do it.
Speaker 2: And by the way, one of those first round picks to one of the second round pick three.
Speaker 1: The fucking third round. You did nothing with them, Tesla.
Speaker 2: Probably that the best return you got at all that shit Terry donld is Michael to prison.
Speaker 1: You could have traded that and got an edge rusher. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's just and.
Speaker 2: Not even Chase Young went for a third round pick, my man from Chicago who ended up going to what montest sweat second round pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I'm saying, it's not. These aren't first round picks usually get these extra edge rushers. You had a team.
Speaker 2: Ready to go, and you can say everything you wanted by the defense in twenty twenty three, it was causing turnovers, it was getting to the quarterback they had you then MC Conference championship game.
Speaker 1: Have you had one more edge rusher.
Speaker 2: There's Rock Perrie scooting out for those fucking fifteen yard games. You talk about the fourth down side, for sure, those happened. And Jamior gives fumbled that happened too. Like if you had one extra guy defense, maybe he's closing up Rock pretty and sacking them or force another interception of Malcolm Rodriguez. This is that was your time to make these moves. Now your situation where I can completely understand you're not spending them money because you need it to maintain the team that you have now, which is really good.
Speaker 1: You've got to hope these guys work out. You see a draft, well is what it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a nail on the couff in the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: This is the draft.
Speaker 4: Yeah that that's what it comes back to, is this is the route they've chosen to build this team, and this is the route that they've taken is drafting, develop him and paying their guys. And you went an entire draft without getting a single starter and you can't do that, Like it's it's not fair to to four. You know, you go four for four with your first four picks to get four all pros, Like, you can't expect that every time. But if this is the route you're taking, you cannot go an entire draft without getting a start. You can't or it'll tank your team.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And if you're looking at the point, you use that draft assets to go get a start. Yes, I've been I've never really tripped off the free agency. I've tripped off the trades because it's always been there. Every single fucking year, an affordable trade was made, whether it be Jalen Phillips Chase you know. I mean, I go down the line every fucking year. I would have give up a third round pick every single time for one of those guys. And the fact that Chase Young were for a conditional third round pick like one that you got after the third round was over, and then they got it back, and then they got it back because he signed a big deal with the Ones next year, just what hoyr Rols was doing the same thing with Jaylen Phillips, Like that doesn't make no fucking sense to do. I don't understand that free agency. Yes, I understand the ownership. I've been the one telling you guys this for two years We ain't cast rich. We don't got bred like the Eagles. You don't got bread like the Rams. The four family only owns two percent of fucking four. We don't got the money like that.
Speaker 1: Bro five broke. We ain't got it, ain't got it.
Speaker 4: It just is what it is.
Speaker 1: But trading you can do.
Speaker 2: That's not costing you extra money. You're not digging in your pockets to do that. You're just giving up draft ass sense for the trades we make. God bless them. And I think he's gonna be good. Are for your wide receiver?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Your fifth option on the offense.
Speaker 2: And then I get called an asshole because you guys, and I get it your fans, I get it.
Speaker 1: God bless you. But he's your fifth option.
Speaker 2: You got Gibbs perform the porter, perform sat before him, jam will befo him.
Speaker 1: Your fifth option on the offense. You gave with three third round picks for in capital.
Speaker 2: Make it make sense, especially with your defense is continue to struggle year in year out, eight hunches yet to have a fucking legitimate as Russia opposite of him, not once in his fucking career. I count maybe one and a half games of Marcus to haveport if you consider him legit.
Speaker 1: It's just that's the shit that pisses me off.
Speaker 2: That's why I get upset the trade market, franc See, whatever people gon hit franchy to make a bag, you're never gonna get a good deal off free agency. Oh Brad hasn't made a few, But what we're talking about a couple of times, a couple of times where he's made trades for like impact players.
Speaker 4: Now it's worked out, Like he traded for that worked. He traded for Carlton Davis, that worked. I don't know why he stopped. Maybe he got too proud of what he could do in the draft, but I just yeah, man, it sucks.
Speaker 6: Do you guys have hope that he can change, like realistic help?
Speaker 1: Like can you talk? We're cooked now? We're cooked now. Too much money in the books. It ain't changing.
Speaker 4: You're not getting an impact player outside of guys that you draft for the rest of like the Lion's existence. Like this with this corps, you are not trading for or signing impact players in the off seat is not gonna happen. All of your money's gonna be wrapped up in your court, which it should be, but like.
Speaker 1: You had the opportunity we's.
Speaker 2: Got how Jared Goff's everything stick says he is curiously promise you his.
Speaker 3: Deal alone is fucking this team over.
Speaker 1: Like I told he's a great, great deal. Was discounting mark to market.
Speaker 2: That's why I was told top three guy, discount the market ninth Uh, Anakin, you all want Brad Holmes fired like a bunch of drunk idiots. The only drunk idiot is a person who listened everything we said and heard the words we want Brad Holmes fire.
Speaker 1: Anakin's cousin. Sorry, drunk ass, What is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 1: No one said that, ain't no skywill fed for sure fed off the fence with that one. Were doing it. But we'll be the playoffs this year. Like I think they're selling tickets at this point. Man, they ain't get no super Bowl.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be in the playoffs tickets when they win the division.
Speaker 3: I think there's a good chance we don't make the playoffs. I mean we have an easy schedule, but like, yeah, how like valid can you take that?
Speaker 1: Though? Like we have a valut as ship man? The way I'm feeling, I mean.
Speaker 3: You have no idea how any team is going to perform this year, Like, realistically.
Speaker 5: We got two question marks. That coordinator still.
Speaker 4: Super chat from Burn. I am definitely not out on Brad, but I am getting a bad feeling in my gut. Brad won't be the one who sees the Core win a super Bowl if it happens, I think. I don't know, man, I don't know if they'd fire Brad again, like he's giving them the most success they've ever had.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I'm comfortable with that either.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't want Brad fired, no way, not at all. I guess, Chris, I can't say, you know, maybe it could change. The trading part could change, because again that's not like digging in your pockets and grab more money out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: You can still make a trade midseason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like this was the year to make a trade. This offseason was the time to make a trade, and like we did nothing. Like what's the point when you know another year goes by and like our windows just closing, Like we didn't make the playoffs last season, they see that they're in there, like do something. It's the same with It's the same with the Pistons like, just do something if and Grant, I understand some money issue, but if the ram can go and get you know, Miles.
Speaker 4: Garrett and two starting cornerbacks like what.
Speaker 1: Are we doing?
Speaker 3: Just do something and.
Speaker 1: Guess what we got there their scraps Roger McCreary, like, we'll pick it up.
Speaker 3: It's almost like they're content with how we did in the playoffs after our long drought and they're like, well we made it that far. Like the Lions are viewed as, you know, a contender now, like I think the front of my job, you know, So like they I mean, they're they're getting paid. They don't really care at this point. It's just like, come on, you gotta.
Speaker 6: Especially though, I think that's what it is because when you look at how much revenue this Lions team has brought them and how we talk about consistently that this isn't one of the cash rich teams in the NFL. So I think that they're looking at this situation like they need to, you know, they need to maximize this window because because what they're in now is there. You know, they're they're a business. They're a business operating on the margins like you know like they're they're not. They're not in this position that all of these other that all these other NFL teams are like that own Walmart or anything like that, and they can and they can just throw whatever money.
Speaker 1: Girth Brooks with super Chat nice says swap Steve I with Brad.
Speaker 4: No, nobody wants Brad gone, but nobody we I mean, we made pretty obvious that you have to change some philosophies on all all levels. Whether we looked at Brad Dan and Calvin Sheppard about needing to change philosophies about the way you do business if you actually want to compete to win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Bruno loves i Pa says Brad doing everything he can within the reason he might hold back too much, but is he being directed to do that? Lion's making money either way, we all buying the merch and going to games. No, Brune, I'm with you, And I think Robert Jones said too. And I've been saying this for two years now, like we you'll never see a big fags he returned for the deach your lines, especially not now with the money they've tied up. And I can understand that being directed to be the case like I don't want to spend money as Sheila, I'm not trying to spend more money in the teae right now.
Speaker 1: Go get the super Bowl I gave you.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't stop you from trading draft picks though then that's always be yeah bad. Doesn't stop you from trading your three third round picks for fucking Miles my Mimi MOUs. You're not getting Miles Gating for three third round picks like something. What I'm saying, go get an edge rusher. Let's not stop you from making a move in the trade market, stop you from raisy for sure. The trade market, you can make a work all day, even on a contract one year are minting when you make that trade of that season that player's contract, if everything is guaranteed that year or guaranteed in the rest of his contract, the team that's trading them is still paying all that they pay the guaranteed money, you get everything else that's promised.
Speaker 1: So you're getting that play on our discount. We make the trade.
Speaker 6: And I just want to say this, when it comes to Bradhwles, to be perfect clear, I think it would be a stupid decision, especially right now, to fire, to fire Brad Holmes or to be calling for his job, because look the way we're talking about this now, they're locked into a certain route. They have built the route where they are going to be capped out because they're keeping their core and they are going to have to invest in the draft. And Brad Holmes, he has had some misses in the previous drafts, but he also so overall we think he is a great drafter.
Speaker 4: But that's like what he's he saying, Like, would you rather have a draft pick at fucking twenty two every year that might not even be a very good player?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, or like.
Speaker 4: Use that to get a guy like that? Would you rather have Terry on Arnold or ty and Tyler Williams and and and Blake Miller or Miles Garrett, Like these first round picks and these second round picks aren't you can't be holding on to those because like that's what you built.
Speaker 1: No, you haven't built.
Speaker 4: You don't need more, Like you don't need another twenty year old that's gonna take two years to become an actual player. You need a real player right now that'll put you over the top.
Speaker 6: No, See, I'm I'm not saying I'm not saying that I'm with you full full stop on trading draft picks, but I'm saying I'm saying that it would be it would be not a smart move by the organization to fire bradhause when you because what's a new g I'm gonna do right now that Brad that Brad really can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not grapd firing Brad yees anytime soon. That's not gonna have. Yeah. No, I don't even want a new GM. I like Brad. Yeah, I just want Brad.
Speaker 6: Just well, I'm saying it's even in my opinion, it's even extra it's it's even extra dumb to make that, to make that decision right now when you're in this space where you don't have flexibility, you know what I mean. So, like, what is the new GM that's going to come in and say, like we're gonna do different around here? Now? Are you gonna draft better or like make trades? I guess with draft picks like I don't, it'd be really foolish to consider firing Brad Holmes right now given the state that your roster is.
Speaker 5: And that's my point. I'm with you guys, full stop.
Speaker 4: I don't think nobody is really saying I.
Speaker 5: Know we are. I'm just putting it for the chat.
Speaker 3: I don't know by the time that like Brad, like we do call for his firing. I mean, I feel like the team will be in a position where we have a losing record and we're gonna be valuing those draft picks much more than where we are right now. Because the only way I see Brad really getting fired is if I mean we're like, you know, bottom of.
Speaker 1: The he's not getting bradhime just not getting fired.
Speaker 4: Let's stop talking about that, because nobody's even saying it in the chat, and so I just don't want to put that narrative out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to come here.
Speaker 2: That's why I wish I'm going to Calvin staying next year for sure. I hope braz there again. I'm stealing interview this thing because the one question when I asked him, like what happened twenty twenty three, because they're the kind of pissed in that press conference coming back from it. It was fresh off the it was like at four or five and he hit that podium. He seems like he's kind of pissed off, like he didn't get something done. I wanted like was there moving the table? Him saying like what, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean I think there were moves on the table talking with people and they just didn't pull the trigger. And that's why I think you heard Dan Campbell say like this might have been our only chance.
Speaker 3: And twice ty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's not he's not wrong. We haven't been back since.
Speaker 2: That's from your head coach. That's not from hate as media never had positive things to say. Oh, you guys just hate the team. No, that's from your head coach who said that, who's been to multiple Super Bowls and now on Dan Campbl's odyssey to return home to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: That's true. Right now, he's stuck with the fucking cyclops one eyed Giant. That's crazy. Oh man, what do we start? What do we?
Speaker 5: Star?
Speaker 1: Boys? Fired up? Will we get back? Maybe some positive news? Huh? Hell no, hell no, that's about water Hazard.
Speaker 3: An let me tell you about water Hazard. Water Hazard is the very first cann vodka cocktail from Founders. It's a vodka based cocktail at five percent ABV that's citrusy, refreshing, and gluten free for all you gluten free people best served over ice with a slice of lemon, preferably get five dollars cans at any Art and Jake's location in Michigan on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. Please drink responsibly and thrive. Let me tell you about Thrive. Most people think energy comes in a sixteen ounce can full of sugar and neon colored liquid. You guys know better than that. S time to upgrade your game with Thrive Energy pouches. This is in your daddy's dep Tobacco free, nicotine free, mental powerhouse, packing a three hundred telegrams of clean smart caffeine including Alpha GPC and lfaanine, No jitters, no sugar crash, and zero bloating. Thriving be found online at dipstop dot com. Remember to use promo code WSN for fifteen percent off your entire order exclusively at all Market Fresh and Market Square locations. Thrive clean Energy, zero distractions. They just fing work.
Speaker 7: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the time for.
Speaker 1: The hardcore Detroit sports.
Speaker 7: Fans who can't get enough for the Motorcities teams All season long. You'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 10: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between. All Day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy Chris refreshing flavor.
Speaker 11: You can float with light on the hops, Big on refreshment one's great two even better brewed with you and money, No shortcuts, no fuss, Big on flavors number too much.
Speaker 10: All Day IPA hop into easy.
Speaker 7: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 1: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our shove Woodward Sports.
Speaker 3: Looking for a career upgrade, check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker to work for in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredible company culture firsthand at their annual block party. Their team truly loves what they do and it shows. With four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand reviews, the reputation speaks for itself. So if you're looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros and Troy a call at two four eight four one six one three six one mortgage pro let the pros handle.
Speaker 5: It and celebrated job.
Speaker 6: Celebrated job with the old pizza Buddi's Pizza, home of the original Detroit style pizza. They've been doing it for eighty years. They got more than just pizza. They they have it all. They have meatballs, they have salads, they have bred they have it all and you can save ten percent on it all with the promo code ten meal. That's ten meal at Buddiespizza dot com.
Speaker 2: What what, I'm not walking sports dot com.
Speaker 1: That's slick. I didn't see you press.
Speaker 2: But yeah, not trying to track Chris during his agary walking to More Sports Live More Sports. That's like being friends of friends shore the stream means morack on Chris Luke Skywalker's buildings.
Speaker 4: Uh what belliot pages ass?
Speaker 1: I don't know, dude, she got you about fifty pounds.
Speaker 4: Shit right, I beat his ass.
Speaker 2: We got some positive things to talk about because I do think that the trore Lines are making the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I think they're the most town.
Speaker 2: Out the team in the division in my opinion, with one of the weakest schedules in the entirety of the NFL. I think you're walking the playoffs in my opinion, like like at home playoff game division. I mean even last.
Speaker 1: Year puts you this way, Skywalker. Would you say last year's team was worse?
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, yeah, I mean I guess so it depends on how our draft picks play out.
Speaker 1: I think, say one more time, I can't hear you.
Speaker 3: I mean I would say last teams last year's team is worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they still finished nine and eight, right with the worst team, tougher schedule.
Speaker 1: That's a really tough schedules.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't understand how a team can be playoffs successful with the defense they have, Like that defense is fucking yeah.
Speaker 1: That's that's a different conversation itself.
Speaker 2: Like my whole argument is like they're gonna make the playoffs. I'm not only hear They're not gonna make the playoffs. They're gonna make the playoffs with the other better team. They went nine to eight last year, A tougher schedule with worse team, easier schedule, better team for sure in the playoffs. What they do from there, Yeah, there could be conversations at that point, but I would remember go back to twenty twenty three though that wasn't a good defense either on paper. But if you the recipe success for them, if they're gonna play this way, they gotta play the way.
Speaker 1: They twenty twenty three. You gotta stop the run.
Speaker 2: Four seems to pass for to be yes to turnovers, but you need two guys to be healthy to guarantee that.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, it's Kirby Joseph Brant.
Speaker 3: Branch and I mean a lot a lot of things that it's a lot of what ifs that could potentially happen, and I feel like that's of the mindset that nothing wrong is going to happen, especially with the history of how injury prone this team has been over the past two three years. It's just, I mean, given the schedule, if we think or if if it goes how we think it will, I think the schedule will be easy. It's just I'm not ready to, you know, fully be like, yeah, we got a really easy schedule, especially when I haven't seen any of these teams play.
Speaker 4: Yet, but you know some of them are gonna be asked. Yeah, I mean, like you've got the last play schedule from last year and like a lot of those teams haven't improved. And I think that when you look at this Lion's offense is going to be the best offense in the NFL. I truly believe that. And I think you will get to the playoffs off of your schedule and off of your offense alone.
Speaker 1: And there you need some mention.
Speaker 4: And then if if Kirby Joseph and Brian Branch are both healthy going into the playoffs, obviously with everybody else healthy as well, I think if just as good of a shot of winning the Super Bowl as anybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, the biggest thing is health. It is because I think you can have the recipe to have success on defense. I think I was already with Steve Leman on Twitter, Hey tell me the Rams twenty eighteen defense is bad.
Speaker 1: And some of DOMINICANSU.
Speaker 2: Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn Lee keep taleb who was the other corner they had to Mars Parcus Peters, No it was not.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: They had a game for Patrick Mahomes with fucking nuclear droptifty four of them and then the rest of the starters week seventeen, and they stopped I think forty eight.
Speaker 1: Points in them too, which knocked him out of the top fifteen.
Speaker 2: That was that wasn't a bad defense by any stretching the means Jared Goff did not carry that team, but he stretch had one touchdown the entire playoffs and that's going in one touchdown the entirety of it all. Like the defense, I think we get to have some success that way, where if Vale McNeil's healthy, obviously touched it being healthy, then get to the quarterback at least put some pressure in the quarterback to force them to make some mistakes. That's what happened in twenty twenty three. That was a recipe. Go back to that Rams game and the Rams worst team back then for sure, and then matchup at home, but they're beating the fuck out of Stafford all game. The same thing gets Baker Mayfield in the Bucks after his ass all game forced them some mistakes, Derek Barnes and Malcolm Rodriguez got turnovers, and that playoff stretch. Yeah, like if you have these, if your defensive line could perform, which I think a Lie mcdeil healthy they could, then you could have a chance and need from favorable matchups too, like I think the Rams faced them in that playoff.
Speaker 1: That was the worst version of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think facing the Bucks that kind of one side of that point too. That's before the offense really broke out. They released a defensive of a team and they ran to a real team. The foryd Niners end up getting punched in the face.
Speaker 1: But you lost. You got it.
Speaker 4: They've been there before and you haven't.
Speaker 1: You got pumped.
Speaker 4: Yah, yeah, you got punked. But now we've been there, and I think, like I said, you have per NFLS, GMS and scouts a better roster than any other team in the NFL went healthy. You have the most players on top ten lists in the entire league went healthy. That is the most important part. And that's why talking about navigating the schedule and doing different things to make sure you're putting the right situations. But yeah, if you have what I think is on paper the best defensive line that Brad Holmes is put together in his ten year, You've got a first team All Pro linebacker and when healthy, arguably the two best safeties in the league. I think that is a good enough defense to win you a Super Bowl. But we haven't seen them all healthy together on the field once, like, so yeah, it that that's the biggest. Like I know, there are a lot of factors of if. No, it's literally just health. It is just health that is the only factor, because when healthy, you have the most talented roster in the NFL except for maybe the Rams.
Speaker 2: I mean quite literally. And that's the point out too. Where last year again I think it made this point before, but last year, when all those injuries happened, the guys replaced them were practice squad players. I mean, the legion of whom right This year is not the case. Chuck Clark started multiple games with multiple organizations backing up a safety for you. You have guys like Roger McCreary. Yeah he's not the greatest, but he's actually started in this league. Like last year, when you went down, you had guys coming up and trying to make an aim for themselves for the first time ever. This year you have actual NFL experienced starting veterans. Yeah, and woplace to those guys if shit were to go south.
Speaker 4: Because that's what people forget is that our backups were hurt last year too. So when this is like all of our second string guys were injured before the season even started. So when our actual starters went down we were putting in fourth string guys. They do have a deeper team this year.
Speaker 1: They do, but.
Speaker 4: Again it's you're gonna hear me say it all year. It doesn't matter if you can't stay healthy.
Speaker 6: Now, I agree that health is the is the number one as opposed to as opposed to what I'm about to ask here, but to play the forty percent role, like, how much of the percentage is the importance of Calvin Shepherd's improvement defensively? That's important. Team, that's very important, if you had to put a percentage on it.
Speaker 4: For I think there are six players that you need to be healthy to if you want to win in the playoffs. And it's Penny School, It's Jamier Gibbs, It's Jared Goff, It's Aiden Hutchinson, It's Kirby Joseph's Brian Branch. I think like with with your wide receiver corps, obviously you don't want to see anybody go go down, But if one of those guys goes down, you have the talent out there to overcome that. Gibbs goes down, you you're fucked. Penney goes down, your young offensive line is getting torch. You got Larry borum a left tackle. Obviously, we know you need Golf in there to run the offense. And then you need Hutch, Kirby and Branch because they are your biggest turnover creators and your biggest havoc Like remember that havoc play where it's like tips, breakups, turnovers, tackles for loss, and those three guys were always top five in the league when they're healthy. Like, that's what you need because your defense, your cornerbacks aren't I don't think good enough to sustain a great defense, but you can create turnovers at a high level when those guys are there.
Speaker 2: Shot Grama. He says, you went from the NFC championship and then beat Barbrogue quarterback to not even making the playoffs. And now you think you've improved. Okay, now you said we improved from last year. Brother, you went fucking three extra years backwards. No, we're talking about in comparison to last year when you were nine to eight, one game.
Speaker 1: Away from making the playoffs. What about nineteen? Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Team your better from last year's team.
Speaker 2: Yes, And then to another common dangy, dangy, I love you've been here for a long time, but saying, goff these other things such a lazy take.
Speaker 1: No, he does everything that's white. Make the fucking playoffs last year, Bud.
Speaker 2: And there are examples of guys who didn't have everything who made the playoffs. Justin Herbert lost the entire offensive line last year, had Lad McConkie his only weapon, lost his running backs too. He was in the playoffs and arguably just tough a division with the Chiefs, with the Broncos.
Speaker 1: With the Raiders. Yeahcerated, we had the Viking suit. You know I'm saying, but I just.
Speaker 2: That's the difference, Danny. That's the difference there. Like he's still a bit of turn Chicken ship and the chicken soup.
Speaker 1: I love JG. The playoffways go to. Isn't that rams game?
Speaker 2: We wouldn't, thank God, because everything was going right, But like when the ship wasn't going right and Ady had that pressure, JG loved him with death, went back, took the.
Speaker 1: Ball and threw it from his chest, well falling backwards. What do we fly?
Speaker 2: We got sold? I think brock Wright recovered and thank God. Like that's the difference. The Matt Milano one that was nuts and looking like what the box rop tickets.
Speaker 1: He didn't expect it. That was Thanksgiving, Like, there's that.
Speaker 4: Ship was so funny, dude. I was like, there's no way and we're not doing that. We we know what we love JG and he is one of the most important players.
Speaker 1: On this team.
Speaker 2: Uh Zach said his comment was coment was about kissing Steven holding hands.
Speaker 4: He said, me and Steve kiss He wants to hold hands, but I don't want to open my.
Speaker 1: Heart up like that. I don't know. I love Steve, I love all you guys. Some times we love you guys for sure. And that's how you know.
Speaker 4: We're heating up a little bit. Chat's heating up. Football is getting close. Football's getting real close training camp. These are gonna be boots on the ground this year more than ever. So if you guys have tickets cinemas, because we don't have tickets, we're broke.
Speaker 2: But like you, I'll say I was wrong and admit that all your takes, all right. If you take me training kick, yeah me too, both of us.
Speaker 1: Package deal, package deal, all right.
Speaker 4: I'll buy you. I'll buy you a hot dog if you if you get us the tickets, I'll buy you a hot dog, like one of the one of the cool ones that's got like the bacon and the mac and cheese on it.
Speaker 1: If they have those. They have those last year, right, I think they did the breakfast truck.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, thet the breakfast tots with the gravy and the hang on it, crash it.
Speaker 1: They always got good food a lions they do. Detroit just got good food. I don't travel often enough that got to speak on it. I feel like we're no, we we gotta. Yeah, we've gotten to leave food scene for sure. You got to. If you have cold winners, you have to these have good food facts. Get something to get me out of the house.
Speaker 4: All right, why don't you tell us about Jaden Smith.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you about that threw me off big time. I'm excited to tell you guys about Icon Auto Repair. They're officially part of the Wilbers Sports family. And if you've been in an accident of vehicle needs repairs, make sure to trust the team at Icon Auto Repair and Collision. There's three convenient locations right here in metro Detroit. It's Masson Heights, Shelby Township and Pontiac Shaoiac town They've got you guys covered and they offer free car owners and even pay reductible at times. Visit icon Auto dot com. It's the Icon. You can count on.
Speaker 7: A ton of fun, those sports, and a ton of man. Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights, live daily five to seven pm on Woodward Stars.
Speaker 12: Rive Energy Pouches give me the energy and clarity to find and beat the ship out of every opportunity to shows face can.
Speaker 13: Do, Retel, Echo, sat see create the wave week.
Speaker 2: Coach wing you get your head shot point sad stop sixteen.
Speaker 12: Rive Energy pouches are for the people who actually want to win, not for the cry babies out there who are happy with the participation of war.
Speaker 1: There's zero ship, so give Thrive a true cool.
Speaker 7: Hunting season is almost to your detroits and your lions are on the prowl. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, I'm and Roth, first downs, Penny Pancakes, Kirby Picks, gimms, big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg yes day. Locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 6: Sports Supreme Lending, Gone Chatty Chris.
Speaker 5: Their numbers are on the screen today.
Speaker 6: They got zero percent doull payment programs, a ninety seven percent customer satisfaction score, and then ninety nine percent clothes on time. Simply put, these guys don't waste your time and they save you money and make sure if you're a qualified borrower, you get five hundred dollars off your appraisal just by telling them Woolwards Sports sent you.
Speaker 5: It's supreme lending. I'm buying a house right now.
Speaker 1: I'm buying a house right now.
Speaker 4: Real quick. Shout out to you out eight ten Detroit guy on Twitter, Go give him a follow? Oh he u yeah, obviously what an idiot?
Speaker 1: He Ten's my birthday though.
Speaker 4: Shout out to three thirteen Detroit guy. Height one o Detroit guys, say, so, can y'all talk about something? Twenty twenty six thirty seven point six million, twenty twenty seven sixty two point six million, twenty twenty eight sixty nine point six million.
Speaker 1: Oh he's talking about golf. A you know, how can we get golf to retire early? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, he's fucking us on the field seven off million.
Speaker 1: I'm not You're gonna have to rework that somehow again this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like it was this year and and it was it was supposed to be like seventy two million or something this year.
Speaker 1: I hate this boy.
Speaker 2: You guys, he's probably gonna get resigned next year for another probably gonna Jared.
Speaker 14: This point, anybody but you and Skywalker. Well he was talking about the money's states. If that happens, they're gonna happen. I'm not even a bandwagon. I'm just gonna be at a new local years like you said, move it.
Speaker 1: So I'm not even gonna bandwagon. I'm just gonna be in a new But you can't just get rid of him without like the next guy. Ouh.
Speaker 2: That's why I was kind of hopeful for Leak.
Speaker 3: You're gonna fucking seventy million on.
Speaker 1: On sh but you would have That's what extend him because you kicked the candle.
Speaker 4: That's why you gotta You gotta target either Joe Burrow or Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: I think when you're fucked up. He gave him no trade.
Speaker 2: Clay, who's trading for Jared Goffe with with no trade?
Speaker 4: He probably requested it because he got traded last time and he but it worked out for Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love this Jared Goff.
Speaker 2: Good quarterback, great, even better guy, But you're paying him a quarter of your fucking salary cap.
Speaker 1: It ain't gonna work. Brother, ain't never gonna work.
Speaker 4: He's never gonna He's never gonna actually make seventy million dollars a year, like on the salary cap. They're all they're going to work it to where either they re signed him for a year and throw it into a dead cap, or they give him fucking a forty million dollars signing bonus, because there you could. You literally can't have Jared Goff making seventy million with all the other contracts you if you can't.
Speaker 1: So next year or the year after that, he's probably like a four year extension.
Speaker 3: So easy.
Speaker 2: You can you compare a style of play too, he could play up until he's like forty.
Speaker 3: I genuinely like too.
Speaker 1: The arms on to the armstring guys out.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to think about that ship.
Speaker 1: It's happening, man, like making me so mad. You just said that right now? Pretty bad? I get it, dude, again, that's a lot of money that It's pretty hard. Yeah, just I.
Speaker 3: Don't know Jared Goff, like if you really cared about like.
Speaker 1: Hydration. Oh that's sick. Yeah, I just he was here.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah wings, fuck yeah, shout out Tuesday stars unless they they gotta they start experiencing in the drafts and draft and some of these quarterbacks.
Speaker 6: Here's what here's what it is. You compare him to this guy all the time. Who do you compare Jared Goff to all the time? Quarterback Tom Brady?
Speaker 2: Tom did what yeah, take did take his entire career. Guess what else Tom Brady didn't do with that seven fucking Super Bowl rings, even his last one in Tampa.
Speaker 1: The guaranteed money was deferred to after we retired.
Speaker 4: And he was going crazy on that team because the team was fucking stacked.
Speaker 1: But like Brown, Rob Gronkowski, Mike Evans, Chris.
Speaker 2: Who was a tight yeah, Chris Godwin, Cameron Braid, Dominic and Sue wasn't sing that Leonard Fournette, Shady McCoy.
Speaker 1: I mean, the we're fucking nuts. But that's what if you're gonna if.
Speaker 4: You remember playoff, but.
Speaker 2: If you're limited to like standing in the pocket, hitting the open guy, make sure the open guy is a fucking doll.
Speaker 4: Your fourth wide receiver was Antonio fucking Brown maybe the best receiver ever.
Speaker 1: I think you should be.
Speaker 2: More of that part conversations. People want he's top five. I mean, he's a phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Jared Goff knows, like I think, deep down in his heart he knows like he is not worth that contract that he has right now, and like that's he's not worth it, and he knows that. I know that, and it's just like he like I think he values the money way more than any championship he could possibly win, because if he really valued the team in his legacy and winning a super Bowl, he would take that pay cut. And we've seen that over like you know, great athletes before and it's just like he is. It's different when you're paying a Lamar Jackson or a Josh Allen or a Patrick Mahome that level of contract because they will go and physically themselves win you a game. Jared Goff is not going to be the reason that you go out there and win a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just put out those rankings. I believe it was our guy can't even named Nicks. No, no, no, that was crazy too.
Speaker 4: Ten Bo Nicks ten spots better than Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 1: You're smoking Dick dude, the.
Speaker 2: Stat guy we have in the show, though, Ron great mustache, great mustage. Warren Shark put out the best quarterbacks when losing in the second half.
Speaker 4: Great apartment, to.
Speaker 1: Great apartment, to do coching apartment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of warn surfaces, super nerve.
Speaker 2: He puts out the team preview every single year, makes you go check it out. But he said he did the comeback Kings best quarterbacks when losing the second half?
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 4: Who think it was Matt Stafford.
Speaker 1: Matt Stafford.
Speaker 2: He's always been there, always been that because he has the fucking arm to do it. Yeah, crazy enough, This ain't nothing to do with me.
Speaker 1: Caleb Williams two, Jordan Love, No way, Jordan Love was number two, didn't I thought the Bears had like ten.
Speaker 2: Cat Williams top five, Josh Allen top five, Mahomes top ten, Drake may top like.
Speaker 1: Look at the arm talent. In the conversation, we're having the comeback guys because the.
Speaker 2: Guys who can fucking go out there with that bitch fucking sixty yards and the like, it's that type of guy.
Speaker 1: Jared Goff, where do you think you're ranked?
Speaker 4: Sixteenth worse twenty sixth better.
Speaker 1: Twenty two, twenty one, twenty one.
Speaker 2: That's just a difference in like, like what Skywalker said, go out there in like WILLW game, I'm saying, like win the third?
Speaker 3: Like am I crazy for that?
Speaker 1: Takee? No, you're correct? What do you guys?
Speaker 2: I thought we were gonna see it and I was gonna be proven wrong in last year Steelers he didn't make a play to push him in, but it was unfuly.
Speaker 3: If you guys think that contract is like crazy.
Speaker 4: It you have to it's not crazy because it's what he has earned. It's like that's if you're a top ten quarterback in the league, which he is, that's what you're gonna get.
Speaker 6: And I think that this is a perfect situation for golf where all right, you got that contract where you were given the money you are worth, Like now it's time. Now it's time that now you're like the tail end of your prime, you know, getting out of your prime. Here, this is your time to now make that pivot to take to take a pay cut.
Speaker 5: We talked about all the time.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of there's a lot of athletes, musicians, whatever you want to use as a as a reference here, but everybody in their career has a point where they can make that pivot. This to me, this next contract for Jered Goff is that potential to have that pivot Because you've had now multiple lucrative contracts, You've had the you've had the situation where you were where you're the home hero and cast it aside. You built up, you found your reputation, you built your legacy back here in Detroit. Now this is your time to cement it by taking that pay cut. Because I think Jared Golf can win you a super Bowl if he is under that twelve percent of the capitol and you're using that cap space to allocate and get other to get other pieces around him. I absolutely think that he can be a quarterback on a on a super Bowl championship team if that Super Bowl championship team has a lot of talent around it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Gurth Brooks with another super chat, he says, you pooped in the refrigerator and ate a whole wheel of cheese.
Speaker 1: I'm not even mad.
Speaker 4: That's impressive. With the Acerman, do you just throw a burrito out of your window?
Speaker 2: And again, this is like that's what he was probably get the upen markets what you gotta quarter man.
Speaker 6: I mean, now, look, part of this too, is part of this two is we're paying for the emotional baggage, you know what I mean, Like like you got, you got cast Side, you got.
Speaker 1: Yeah Burnsby is the fucking no trade parts like that.
Speaker 5: That's emotional baggage.
Speaker 1: That's that is emotional baggage.
Speaker 4: Because my whole thing was always can we have Joe Burrow be our Matt Stafford or Josh or Josh like they can't win? Those are pipe dreams too. Oh you can't win in uh in Buffalo, Josh? All right, come play indoors in those in us? Like, no, it's those are pipe dreams too. But that would have to I think they they love golf man, they wouldn't even I don't even think they would trade him.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy and he's a good quarterback. And that's gonna be tough. You can't just get rid of him. It's not you, it's me.
Speaker 4: You gotta have to replacement. Ready, You have to have a plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you need the plan because it's not it's not easy to replace him. You need Joe Burrow on the phone, give me the funk out of Cincinnati. You need Josh all give me the funk out of buffal You need that to happen.
Speaker 3: Well, like, I mean, that's I guess where I'm at is like and I said this last year and hot take. I just I don't see him taking the Lions and like winning a super Bowl. But again with the no trade clause, it's like, Okay, you guys think Jared Goff is this great quarterback. Put him in a trade, you know, a package him or something like like it you hate him, get him?
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm just he doesn't.
Speaker 4: That's well, it's a personal vendetta.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's personal.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he also doesn't tip.
Speaker 1: Well oh really is that real? I don't know. I mean, you know the rumors.
Speaker 3: My lawyer has advised me not to uh speak.
Speaker 1: On JG bad tipper. Are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 4: Somebody in the streets told me that.
Speaker 1: That's very disappointed to hear.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie, he's gonna earn seventy million. It's extremely disappointed to here seventy million.
Speaker 1: You make way too much.
Speaker 5: Goddamnehip this guy.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to guess him up. So he's top ten now I know he's a bad tipper. I'm not gonna lie to change things for me. I said he was a good guy ten minutes ago. Obvious.
Speaker 6: But you can go to a restaurant and only eat the soupid leave right. That would be terrible. Another means, wait what I said, he didn't go but he didn't go to a restaurant and only eat the soup and leave right, because that would be terrible.
Speaker 1: It pends depends where the fuck with the entrees.
Speaker 4: Honestly, the four people get food before him.
Speaker 1: The restaurant starving a child, Yeah, they starve a child. Start a child?
Speaker 3: Really child?
Speaker 1: Lucky y'all call him up by name? Yeah, and Bryce is cute enough. We could go viral. I swear yeah, like you swear be underground. You start this white baby? Sure is what Zach soap? He tipped me good doc dot dot Uh.
Speaker 4: I am a good tip of Freddy Feller. I worked in food service. Is a good tip for like nine years. I normally you have to do something pretty egregious to get me to tip blow like forty percent.
Speaker 1: I always tip twenty percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm fair, twenty five I do.
Speaker 1: I did twenty two twenty five twenty percent bad.
Speaker 6: No, twenty percent to twenty percent is what's about twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: More time call today?
Speaker 6: Yeah, sixteen to like eighteen is like i'd say average, hell twenty twenty five. No, no, no, I'm saying, like for most people, that's what most people would do. But I'm saying, so twenty percent prett easy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I always overtook unless you're like, unless you suck at your job, which I also I know when somebody's like in the weeds, and I know when somebody just sucks at their job because I've been there.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 4: But if unless you suck your job, I'm tipping you probably thirty forty percent. Yeah, so you.
Speaker 1: Ever tip under when they suck at their job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'll still tip like twenty percent.
Speaker 1: I used to date this girl.
Speaker 2: Fucking drove me crazy, and I get it in the holidays, she all right whatever, like I'm obviously paying for everything, but she right the fucking tip and she's always doing like way Actually, I'm like, bitch, yeah, hell no, Papa's paying.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, playing the fucking receipt.
Speaker 1: Get the fuck over here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That shit was crazy, like pissed off bro, and like Princess.
Speaker 2: She did it at a fucking pissed this game, bitch. We're paying fifteen dollars for these drinks.
Speaker 1: That's where I don't tip. Well is the ballpark.
Speaker 5: That's why.
Speaker 4: Because I'm paying. I'm paying seventeen dollars for a Miller Lite, I'm not tipping.
Speaker 1: I'm tip you a dollar man, like, yeah, no, that's funny.
Speaker 6: That's where I'm like, I'm still figuring out my adulthood. Is Like it's like the tipping for like other things like coffee or I'm not a coffee guy, but like like for example, like a subplace, like when when they're making you, I don't tip take out sub or yeah or takeout t.
Speaker 4: Take not tip y dining or delivery you're not you don't have to tip take out yeah, yeah, unless you if you go there, I want whatever tip and take out.
Speaker 1: If we're going to kitchen, I'll give him this five. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Dining or delivery tip sure came.
Speaker 1: Out the phone, funk out of here. Ye me on that phone McDonald's.
Speaker 4: They spin that little thing around.
Speaker 1: She pisses me off. Yeah, I'm with you in that one.
Speaker 2: How about trouple smoothly tip trouple smoothie chat because they are making.
Speaker 1: It the make it. It's kind of like subway, I mean, but also not smoothing. No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're hourly, They're not like.
Speaker 1: Servers.
Speaker 4: Conservers are making five dollars an hour.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think, I fully think that everybody at some point their life should do a job in retail and a job in food. I think it just those two, those two type of jobs. They help you deal with people.
Speaker 1: For sure. Demon dice easy, No, he paid and cuts his mouth closed.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I said something to her.
Speaker 2: I said, some dor It was around Christmas though, and she said, what's Christmas time?
Speaker 4: Well, for your Christmas list, you should put mad Packs at the top and make sure you check them out because they've got the boom Chokol lock at two hundred milligram hash Rosin gummies and the high low two hundred milligram live Rosin. They've also got their brand new Mad Pack extracts. My personal favorite is the blue Night put in the puff. Go come on, now, what are we talking about? Go to getmadpacks dot com to find a place near you, Mad Flavor, Mad High Mad Packs.
Speaker 5: For more Detroit Tier discoverage.
Speaker 7: Make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tires on YouTube, Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams.
Speaker 1: All season long, you'll get.
Speaker 7: NonStop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable inside from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 4: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 15: I think with opportunity, right, like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do.
Speaker 1: It to the best of your ability?
Speaker 4: And you know it also to me, it all starts.
Speaker 7: With the kids, Jimmy and Games breakout season floating.
Speaker 5: To the Touchdown.
Speaker 7: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 2: Art in Jake's my favorite place to watch people get.
Speaker 1: Punched in face.
Speaker 2: You'll see Saturdays in there, NFL Sundays when I can, I'm there, and everything in between. Art and Jake's my favorite spot to be. The Cookie Bliss I'm telling you gotta try. If you got one in the area. It's very easy to download the AJS app and get a special discount if you're gonna try it. Matter of fact, just type in AJ's fan club. Uh listen, fine dining, sports bar setting. It's the best place to be for NFL, any sport occasion.
Speaker 5: Check it out.
Speaker 1: Check it out. Shout Art and Jakes. Shout out and Jakes, I truly love that place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, smash like button b Friends to the friends, share the stream, sharett weird world, have waits.
Speaker 1: I'm easy.
Speaker 2: It's spin more rats, you know. Chris Luke Skywalker shout out. I want to play a game with you guys, all right, chicksaw all right, and you're the one that inspired it, Luke.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's gonna be a good game.
Speaker 1: It's the Detroit Lions defense.
Speaker 2: That d you want to play with the play with I'm gonna go down the Detroit Lions schedule here, all right, and I want you to tell me the defense detro Lion's defense is better.
Speaker 1: Than the team they're facing, like comparing, like to stop the can they hang?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Week one? New Orleans Saints? No, shuck, I'm just kidding. What what I think we played? We might as well play a game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there's I mean it'll.
Speaker 1: Be like we're making it. Bet we're making a pizza. But you're talking about these Saints.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's like a surefire like our defense is stopping the New Orleans Saints. They Yes, I think they can. I also think the Saints can torch our secondary Like.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Camar is still there.
Speaker 1: Camaro is still there on a discount.
Speaker 2: The guy each Now you say his new name, which what are the what are the Jacks gonna do?
Speaker 10: Is is.
Speaker 1: He ready for? I just want he should have traded for Montgomery Trevor.
Speaker 2: Ways could have been maybe no bills, No, hell no, I mean, who's got a pin?
Speaker 1: You gotta pin that's working? No? Can you catch I got a marker? Yeah? I can for sure.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see Jesus, that was a perfect brow all right, perfect throw perfect the Jets.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, if you can't stop the Jets, you you are don't have a team with the pulse chat Phil Fair feel free play. Who's the quarterback for the Jets?
Speaker 1: Is Gino? Yeah, it's probably be Geno, but you know, might be as legalis.
Speaker 3: Don't write him off.
Speaker 1: You slapped his X on cam or someone. Really, Yeah, he'll be.
Speaker 4: Fine, doesn't care about it.
Speaker 5: Is justin Field still on the roster.
Speaker 1: Panthers.
Speaker 3: No Panthers who are their wide receivers now?
Speaker 4: Tat McMillan and.
Speaker 3: He was, he was really really good and get that guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he was kind of He's fine.
Speaker 1: You'all ever eat the crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah squirrel with thanksgiving sub Hubbard ray o'donald though answer, yes, don't don't do this, guy, I.
Speaker 3: Would say more don't do this. Yeah, I'd say the defense more than likely, we can't.
Speaker 1: We can handle the Panthers.
Speaker 2: Cardinals, yes see lady damon Packers No no more dobs?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, well so we're really just skipping over the Cardinals like that? Huh?
Speaker 1: Yes? Which, yes?
Speaker 4: What who's the quarterback?
Speaker 1: Jacobe? The fact fucking Cardinals. What do you mean, guy?
Speaker 3: And Marvin Harrison?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think good wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Who's their offense?
Speaker 1: They're both receiver twos right now. Mike Wilson actually gone straight.
Speaker 4: Jeremiah Love, Yes, we can stop the Packers.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think the Packers offense isn't gonna be good this year.
Speaker 1: Scott Walker, well, they still talks of craft healthy.
Speaker 2: It's probably it's October twenty fifth, so probably probably.
Speaker 4: I would say yes. I would lean yes.
Speaker 1: Actually covering him.
Speaker 4: Help us.
Speaker 1: I'm leaning yes against the Packers saying nice, you're saying no. What are you saying because you're the tie breaker?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I guess we're on. That is like if they don't really have a bona fide wide receiver one outside of their tight end.
Speaker 1: People are saying Matthew Goldie might have happened up.
Speaker 3: For ship, like Christian Watson is your best wide receiver and Josh Jacobs you gotta be a little premitted towards the run.
Speaker 5: Also, guys, remember this might be moving towards no.
Speaker 3: I'd say no.
Speaker 5: This is some point of the season two with no Brian Branch.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm doing. I'm doing plus minces. I'm the equals sign. Okay, that's fair. We can yeah, guarantee happy yet all right, Vikings No, no, no, our defense air offense. Yes, I'm saying yes. Jordan Everson and Justin Jefferson, Jean Taylor with Tyler Murray right there. Murray maye folk him.
Speaker 3: I mean no. Is Aaron Jones still with the Vikings too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's cood the corpse of I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean that's a good that's one of the better wide receiver tandem will be.
Speaker 1: This Last year was all defense. Yeah, because they didn't have a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: As much as I like to hate small people, that's the Vikings are gonna be.
Speaker 3: Justin Jefferson is easily a top two wide receiver in the NFL.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 4: I think Jack Cheat, we need help on this. I think it's going to be flipped from last year. I think it's going to be shootouts against the Vikings this year because our offensive line is going to be much more improved and ready to.
Speaker 1: Shoot out against that defense.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you that's it's going to be the difference that there was what two years ago, we had shootouts against the Vikings.
Speaker 2: When our defense, when our offensive line was prime in at twenty twenty four, last game of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their defense was fucking us. Jamiir Gibbs saved us. What was the score of that game?
Speaker 2: That is up there, But luckily they're their offense fucking went away. But I remember Jared Goff got fucking Andrew Van Ginkle coming up on him, first smacked them and then intercept them the very next play. Like honestly, Sam Donald being asked and could connect with Jay Jettison, that one kind of saved us.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like just historically, like big name wide receivers like that do extremely well against the Lions. So I think, I mean, if Kyler Murray just really throws up the ball a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Denver play, the game is is our defense better than their offense? We're talking about the detro Lions defense right now. If you guys just tuning in, are they better or worse than the offense that we're naming. We're going down the schedule right now. We're at the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 4: We put up thirty one, thirty one, and twenty four against the Vikings and then ten in the last game so I think next year we're going to see those thirty plus games against the Vikings because our offensive line is gonna be better and their quarterback situation is gonna be way better. So I think it's gonna be more shootouts against the Vikings.
Speaker 6: I know Max Prosperous got offs number.
Speaker 1: I'll put it on the equals signs that.
Speaker 3: I mean, we play him twice, so let's just say, yeah, plus one for the first time, minus one for the next.
Speaker 1: All right, there's an equals sign for that one.
Speaker 4: I think if we beat the Vikings, we have to score thirty plus and that's proven over the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Frank rad Now they had no shootoutgainst that defense.
Speaker 1: Brother, we didn't do to get hims.
Speaker 4: Last year we scored thirty or what was it, twenty four without an offensive line. They beat us twenty seven to twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ain't no fucking shootout coming to that one.
Speaker 2: Dolphins, Yes, yeah, yes, yes, terrible offense.
Speaker 5: Patriots no, no aj Brown.
Speaker 4: That offensive line.
Speaker 1: They probably got the best offensive line in the league, or one of Patriots. Yeah, when they get watch his name in there.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess we got to see. But I think their offensive line is gonna be better and it was already pretty good last year.
Speaker 1: Well Cam got worked by. The offense is better. Yeah a J. Brown? They got a J. Brown. Now another year for Trey Henderson. I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is his kryptonite?
Speaker 1: That is fair? That is fair Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: Yes really yes, yes, he against us last year, but it's really like yeah, so yes, no Evans, no Goblin, where's Godwin?
Speaker 6: What about their who's their back? That's really good though, but he didn't really do that well.
Speaker 2: I mean he was injured, but I'm going yes, I'll go yes too, I'll go yes to Bears.
Speaker 1: This might be another equals sign or what.
Speaker 2: We handled him last year for real, but like, yeah, but got expected. I think natural progression.
Speaker 4: Bears offense is gonna be good next year. Man, I really like. I think, uh my young guy who's gonna be there? RB one and switches Swift is going to be the change of pace guy. I really like Luther Burden as a nominal rock clone.
Speaker 2: Chat why our defense nominate the Bears offense and if they can't, I.
Speaker 4: Think Colston Lovelin is gonna be like I said, probably tight end one in fantasy this year.
Speaker 1: I think we did we did well against some last year because we just we know Ben. I think so, and I think that helps. Sure, Yeah, there's nothing equal sign. I hate that. I would say yeah, but I mean I would lean no. Yeah, I'm gonna go no. I would say again, those gotta be shootouts.
Speaker 3: You guys, I'd probably say no. But it's more of a Ben Johnson thing than anything I know. Then, because you guys don't know me, I said yes, but I'm also very biased. Beers the Falcons, Jean Drake London, they have the.
Speaker 5: Weapons, but quarterback, I'll give it to us.
Speaker 4: But I mean if Tua fucking no, it looks like ta from two years ago. No, they got weapons, man, Bijon Drake London, fucking.
Speaker 6: Trying to tell you, Kyle Pitts, I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 4: Do they still have a what's his name? To Mooney? He like twelve touchdowns on.
Speaker 5: If to A stays upright, I mean it's a problem.
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, they don't don't trust their quarterbacks Titans.
Speaker 5: No, No, you feel bad about the schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is fucking like.
Speaker 3: A little bit. I mean you can't count anything out, like I don't know, I don't want to get like too hopeful, I guess is what I was trying to say earlier.
Speaker 1: That's fair giants, they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have a nasty offense. Weak neighbors, Jackson Darts surgery.
Speaker 1: Again, Yes, I think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think Molik neighbors would be healthy. I don't know. I like Jackson Dart, but I don't know if that offense is gonna work. I think they're all kind of falling apart.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, Scatterboy right, yeah, well he didn't land it.
Speaker 4: But I bet Jim Harbor had I think Jim.
Speaker 3: Attack watching that.
Speaker 1: Who are there?
Speaker 4: Because like I was gonna say, actually, I once saw a guy they could run that Ravens offense kind of nice with with scatterbo and and Tracy.
Speaker 1: Actually got dog outside and I think, Dan, you know something.
Speaker 4: But yes, we should be able to our defense, should be able to survive the Giants.
Speaker 1: Like I know we got We're nerved by the defense.
Speaker 4: I'm nervous about the Giants defense.
Speaker 5: I've been saying a lot of no's. I'll give this one.
Speaker 1: Ay, yes for oh ship, they got dj Reader that's where he went. Yeah, you're replaced A that's pretty good. Sexy. They're tight end. Oh my Isaiah likely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh fuck yeah, Yeah, they'll tell you who is guarding milk.
Speaker 4: And they also got your boys neighbors might be injured.
Speaker 2: They got they signed Mooney, They signed Mooney, and they got and ju Ju Dudu ship Poopster.
Speaker 4: No worried about him.
Speaker 2: Isaiah Hodden's former Detroit Lion and Odell Beckham.
Speaker 4: I would still say yes unless Moleague Neighbors is healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still going yes as well, guys one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.
Speaker 1: Pre take that out, Preza.
Speaker 2: I mean defense gonna be straight against regular season, regular season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we look at the potential playoff opponents and we'll.
Speaker 1: Do a new list, and that'll be no for the guys.
Speaker 2: He was in the playoffs, all right, I mean for now, we'd be happy by the defense.
Speaker 5: I've said no a lot more than you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've said I'm just saying, but you had my Aunti diaries top three on your list.
Speaker 6: You're doing that little bringing in our ship. Why don't matter that you don't got nothing to doing nothing. That's like some ship they bring into some ship.
Speaker 1: An there.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to help listen chat loop defense, Yes, playoffs whole, noother conversation. But for the regular season it might even dupe us into saying some dumb ship like oh doctor and defense. This year he was saying, like we might on paper, might look that way, but we got remember the context of like these quarterbacks are facing our garbage.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Sandy with the chat in there, says Hello, Spemo, I am still in the rehab facility after my should the replacement surgery, hoping for hoping for a discharge. Well, I'm hoping for a discharge too, Sandy. I hope you're feeling better. Tell us about y'all though.
Speaker 1: Perfect time.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about the Yelldough Eyes Cinner. Are your eyes failing you? Are you looking at the Detroit Lion scouts like the Cardinals?
Speaker 1: That could be That could be a doozy. They get your eyes checked, all right.
Speaker 2: Go see my guys, the Yelldough Eyes Center y'alldough Eyesiner dot com slash sixteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: They get you in and out of there within eight minutes. Most pages I see in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: The very next day, do a special deal save money on glasses, no more contacts one time surgery at the yeldo I Center Yelldowiicenter dot com Slash sixteen ninety nine, A.
Speaker 7: Ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man. Welcome to the Liodward Heavyweights Live Daily. We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit.
Speaker 1: But we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our.
Speaker 16: Shi Woodward Sports dot com.
Speaker 4: To find a location near you today, he's promo code WS and thirty to get thirty percent off your order. Grab some of these buzz and energy drink seven a half milligrams TC one hundred milligrams of caffeine and a can.
Speaker 1: It's Loom dot com Loom Cannabis. What if the Welcome back to the way It's live more sports dot com.
Speaker 2: I'm easy, Join boy, spend my rocks, young chrisky walker in the building, smashing the white bought and be a friend to the friend and share the stream. I was cruising for some Lion's articles today before my phone died in my hour and a half doctor's appointment. That was fucking that sucked. Went back to nineties seven and uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Were you reading?
Speaker 4: What'd you do? Did you really read some magazines.
Speaker 1: I did what I told you.
Speaker 6: I told you it sounds crazy.
Speaker 5: Good that thanks.
Speaker 1: Audience. We have a friend with a very hot girlfriend. She was like, what you do? I thought about my friend's hot girlfriend the whole time.
Speaker 4: It's funny because I literally just talking to Ryan about that.
Speaker 2: That's like a bit because I'm always always compliment about how hot his girlfriend is.
Speaker 4: After he met his girlfriend for the first time the four like four times he saw him.
Speaker 2: He's like, dude, your girlfriend's so hot. I man has a comment to him because like I'm like, holy, you got that, Like I know, that's amazing. Like twice is insane? Were this a compliment to him? But now it's too far? That's yeah, dude. Fun and yeah, I hope you guys, I'm just kidding get married.
Speaker 1: Oh they're calling too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did a lot of fun things in there. I looked up Jamie Riseman's article of his prediction who makes a team the Detroit Lions, And I didn't even get all the way there before I really he only has three edge rushers on this team, Aiden Hudson, DJ Wantum and Derek Moore. Mean they're gonna cut Ahmed hastenin Peyton Turner, Anthony Lucas and Eric O'Neil, not Anthony.
Speaker 1: Lucas and Eric o'f You know, can you see that happening? You wanna read the article, we'll quickly. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can one hundred percent see that happening. But yeah, let's read the article.
Speaker 2: Three edged rushers sounds like a small amount, but three is a good number, my wife says, and I was just kidding Joja.
Speaker 1: However, Jared, three edged.
Speaker 2: Rushers sounds like a small amount all the time, and I would have loved to find a place for Amen hostin your Peyton Turner. But the truth is there is enough versatility. I'm on the defensive tackle group to compliment.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Hutchson, Wantam and.
Speaker 2: More are all more rush ends, while Tyler Lacy Levon Zerica.
Speaker 1: Can play big end roles in this defense.
Speaker 2: That said, Hastein, Turner or even Anthony Lucas could very much convince me to keep a fourth over someone like Manu.
Speaker 9: Yes, what, yes, you keep one of those guys over Manu?
Speaker 4: Dude, Oh my god, yeah, yeah, you only have three ed rushers and Giovanni Manu is on your roster. Hit the fucking bricks back to Canada, brother Like yeah, no, I mean, is it crazy to think the Lions would cut Ahmed Hassening or Peyton Turner? Like no, it's not crazy. Those guys are borderline practice squad guys anyways. But no, you should at least have four ed rushers so you don't need Ali McNeil to play edge if something happens.
Speaker 2: I'm in your camp, at least give me four bodies. I think I can get to the quarterback. Yeah, you may have a big Russian to sit there and then you know, play the run depens whatnot. But we've proven time and time again we need to get to the fucking quarterback.
Speaker 4: I think consistently, and I think Turner and Hastening are both gonna make the roster. I think because the upside they see in Peyton Turner where if he could stay healthy, they know he can produce. It's literally chasing the fucking dragon or Marcus again. And with I think the versatility that you talk about with guys like that, you can look at a Med has and he and wearing ninety nine, bumping inside, putting on a little bit of weight to be a you know, McKay wingo type of player that they like to have on the roster as a smaller interior guy that can also bounce outside like a Josh Pascal.
Speaker 1: So I think they both have spots in the roster.
Speaker 4: I think both of them should easily make it over Giovanni Manu.
Speaker 1: Marcus, news of it.
Speaker 2: If you cut Manu, who's the backup left tackle, Larry Borm.
Speaker 1: Larry Borm, you paid him eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yep, and I gotta be God blessed Manu and I wanted to work out.
Speaker 1: I hope it works out. Not it was ugly last year, brother, it was bad. But I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I'd rather keep one of those guys over Manu all day. I mean, Manu's not even gonna have to give you the reps that fucking big big end, big tight end.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I Lions Debate talk.
Speaker 4: Lion's Debate talk in the chat says, trust me, there's backup tackle that's going to get cut that is better than Giovannie Mineu, and I agree.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I'm with him on you.
Speaker 4: He cannot make the roster over somebody that would play meaningful snaps for you. And I think if healthy Peyton Turner and Matt Hassenen could give you meaningful snaps. I don't think Giovanni Minu can if he's healthy, give you meaningful snaps.
Speaker 2: One of the names at the next blurb at the tackle that I would I would say I probably cut and maybe keep one of those edges to is Jay to o'peely. Yeah, yes, Skyler goeh Howard played edge yet in uh college play a little bit edge too.
Speaker 1: I see with saying about some of these guys can, like, you know, tweet a little bit. So can Haseneen.
Speaker 2: Linebackers he has Malcolm Rodriguez, Jack Campbell, Derek Barnes, Jimmy Rolder and Dmoone Clark cutting Trevor Owaski, Eric Hunter and Joe Bachi.
Speaker 1: Damn, that's fair. Joe Bochi's making the team cornerbacks. He'll probably get cut. Huh, Joe Bachi'll probably get cut. I actually not met anything else in this list. It's really just the edge room.
Speaker 2: Three edges felt like it felt crazy to say a lot because that's our biggest We're good, arguably your biggest need you know, are you good with that?
Speaker 1: Chris? No? Not three edges?
Speaker 5: Not after? Not after what you saw I'm not good. How about this.
Speaker 6: You need a minimum of five players at every single defensive position because every year it is your defense that is falling apart, not your offense physically.
Speaker 5: I think like you need to have depth.
Speaker 6: I don't mean that literally, obviously you couldn't do that, but you do need depth on the defensive side because you got to air on the side of caution in history at this point, and for the last three years, your defense has been injured way more than your offense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you cannot go into Week one having three at rushers.
Speaker 1: He can't.
Speaker 4: Can't after investing into it, after having the pieces, after bringing in guys to make sure what happened last year when you had a Lee McNeil playing a good amount of edge snaps doesn't happen again. You cannot go out of training camp with three at rushers.
Speaker 2: And let me look at DJ Wanam's injury history too. I know he missed like a couple of years ago. I don't know how last year went from him, mother chuck, not off the top of my head. At the very least, DJ want them, Yeah, because that's another thing Brad's kind of prone to do, was sign these guys that just can't stay healthy because it gets them on discount.
Speaker 1: DJ Want played sixteen games last year. That's good. Previous year eight games, that's not good.
Speaker 2: I think it was bad. He was battling something too. It was like an autoimmune disease too. I mean that's different than like a regular injury prone guy. Wan it seems mostly healthy in comparison to I think.
Speaker 4: I think Turner and Hastening both make it because, like I said, I think Hastening could play inside as well as outside, and I think the upside of what they could have For Turner.
Speaker 2: I think, like, because that's a guy, like you said, if you can stay healthy, could give you some.
Speaker 4: You can believe you can you can sack the quarterback in the NFL, Scott Walker, are.
Speaker 1: You feeling about three edge rushers? That is that ridiculous?
Speaker 3: I mean I think kind of like what Chris said, like you need to have depth on your defense, and I think edge room is absolutely one of those things that you need to keep stockpiled because you don't know what's gonna happen to your starters throughout the season. So I think if you're if you don't have at least four I feel like you're kind of just asking for a problem at that point. But I mean, three is way too way too little for make me feel more comfortable. For sure.
Speaker 2: I'm making a pull right down the chat about how you guys feel about three edge rushers.
Speaker 1: But until then, tell us about amnesia.
Speaker 4: Amnesia. The switch makes you you go get it. I got mine right on me right now. It's got two different flavors of liquid THHC diamonds in one device. So make sure you go check out the switch from amnesia. Find out your dispensary near you, ask him for the switch. They probably got it. It's amnesia.
Speaker 1: Check them out.
Speaker 7: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroits, and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, i'mon ra first downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kermy Picks, Jimm's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Jay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports.
Speaker 1: Network, Sports.
Speaker 13: It's game on at artin Jakes, wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drinks served up with attention to detail, wall to Wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back. Artin Jakes Hoar's bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 7: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams.
Speaker 1: All season long.
Speaker 7: You'll get non stop Tigers contents from onfield interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports Jamir Gibbs breakout season.
Speaker 1: Floating fops gets to the touchdown.
Speaker 7: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 1: Stop what you're doing and think about gold Crown.
Speaker 2: It's one and a half grams's going down. Keep you going live resident for your TC Diamons and turbys. If you can't tell, I'll spoke one before a show and I'm feeling great. He's actually hit it twice and passed around pre rolls. He's a Why am I analyzing this game like Dan Campbell? Pre rolls Michigan made top tier? No shortcuts. Next time you disco, don't think, just ask for the world jest because you're gonna smoke smoke like World Team. Sorry, I was trying to sing like giveon during the commercial break.
Speaker 1: Dude, he's sweet. I feel like he just does this.
Speaker 5: He has he has.
Speaker 6: If you said you're in an R and B face, you gotta listen to his newest album that came out last year.
Speaker 7: Is like that?
Speaker 1: Or is he singing like that?
Speaker 6: I've never actually heard him in an interview. I've actually never heard him in interview, so I can't say.
Speaker 1: How do you doing?
Speaker 6: How you doing? He's his last album is like some two thousands. R and B like classic.
Speaker 1: Actually I wanted Branch on the side.
Speaker 5: That was actually really good.
Speaker 2: Oh, but I feel like R and B is like a I don't know. I guess I go to skywork on this one. And because you I'm always going to really give about R and B.
Speaker 1: That's just trying like bitch. Now that I'm older, R and B heavy, that's why I got.
Speaker 4: It's definitely old man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I did like Frank when Frank dropped the Channel Orange with that.
Speaker 4: Potato flew around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when you're younger, what do you mean the army and old man's game?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say so I mean, who would we really call, like, like, who's like the popular R and B artists?
Speaker 2: I guess, I guess I have to go on that one because you're like, what are you listening to?
Speaker 4: A lot of the old ship from R.
Speaker 3: Kelly is not as popular anymore. Yea, like a lot of R m B falls under wrap now too.
Speaker 6: That's fair, that's true. But there still something just dropped this week. He dropped a wrap like a double album. One one side wrap the other the other was one.
Speaker 1: I was saying earlier, don't you.
Speaker 6: That's get you get you with Daniel Caesar, he's annual se that's one Black Black is the star Summer Walker.
Speaker 5: Come on, you've never heard black Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I mean I'm sure I've heard Slack six slak.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's six six.
Speaker 1: Like to you brother, watch you watch your mouth?
Speaker 4: That one song? That song he's got a banger, Zach.
Speaker 1: So please with my comment, dude, I hate Satan to funk. What's it song?
Speaker 6: But no, there's a lot of good. Like I said, giveon's great R and B right now. Leon Thomas is absolutely having a moment right now. Arison Pak's always around.
Speaker 1: You have to send me some smart and b stuff. But so then let's talk some lines. How about that? Huh.
Speaker 6: I also do got to revisit I did revisit that Auld Diaries take.
Speaker 5: I do have an update on that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, whenever you're ready.
Speaker 2: All right, maybe found ten into the show. Maybe maybe I love this gentleman.
Speaker 1: I love macon No, but shout out he has a one song. That's another one of those voices. Tuesday when I'm making an RB, he's gotta yeah, I want to go mad.
Speaker 5: Last time.
Speaker 4: She's got a little muppet at her for sure. Yeah, not the Adam from the d Muppets. I could only I could only wish.
Speaker 1: She came up in the nineties. She was getting mumpeted. What am I lying not? Just find all this out? Yeah, she's that she was at the partner. That's probably what she says.
Speaker 7: Like that.
Speaker 1: I haven't. She's never got a bad.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: I've watched Jeff. I afraid he grew up in this business since he started. He's just a boy, walked in as an intern doing you know, Jeff's social media moment.
Speaker 1: Whatever he did in the Morning show.
Speaker 2: I was the very first episode Jeff ill up until now he's an interview with Brad Holmes.
Speaker 1: I just got crunch time runs. He's killing it, doing a lot of us getting tattoos. He's no longer a Virgil ass. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But today he said something. He's been saying something that I don't know if I necessarily agree with. And Jeff is vehemently against paying Jamier Gibbs. I maybe you have to have this conversation with him. Maybe it's not fair to have discussion without him here. Maybe I'll try popping at crunch time after you know, Ka's done with driver's training.
Speaker 1: But he just seems like he's done.
Speaker 2: Not willing to pay Jamier Gibbs nothing simply because he plays a running back position, and I just don't feel I understand. I've been frugal that way too. I have a twelve percent rule when it comes to the quarterbacks all that. But we have a top three guy this position.
Speaker 1: You get it. It's very easy you pay it. Yes, it's it's very easy you pay.
Speaker 2: They're like in the situation, weren't ready down to like we don't have a Dave Montgomery in the apps of Jamier Gibbs, the other guy we have someone.
Speaker 1: Baki's been playing running back for fucking three years. We have a change.
Speaker 2: I'm sory on a Jane, but Jako who Sure he's had some moments, but he's definitely a downtrend. You paid Jimmy and it is no brainer. It is is not a debate for me. No, it's not a debate. It shouldn't be a debate.
Speaker 1: And you.
Speaker 4: On top of that, his point today was don't do it early. It makes all the sense in the world to do it early. We talked about that. B Jon Robinson is gonna reset the market whether you like it or not, so it would make sense to get Jamir Gibbs done before he does that, so you don't have to reset the market again. I would pay Jamir Gibbs today if I was Brad Holmes, I would make sure that you get the deal done before Bjon Robinson gets paid. You cleared the landing zone, you dumped off the extra luggage. Jamiir Gibbs is your guy, whether you like it or not. For some reason why you wouldn't like that, but you were paying him probably the most expensive and lucrative contract the running back has ever seen in the NFL, and in a couple of weeks after he gets paid that Bjeon's gonna get a bigger one, so be first to the party, or you're gonna have to pay more, Ray Gutaros.
Speaker 2: And ever since I heard Gordon say it the other way, I'm tempted to go roll down Ray Gautaros and shot to him. He says, Jeff not against paying Gibbs, He's against paying.
Speaker 1: Him early, which is different.
Speaker 2: That's more fair, that's more fair. But still I'm kind of in the same camp with spinning. Yeah I'm getting at a discount. Yeah, absolutely, I'd rather get him before Gibbs. I'm sorry for Bejon gets paid for the next guy gets paid because you're paying no more.
Speaker 6: And when you're just top three in your position, like and I have a chance to lock you down early, I'm always going to do that.
Speaker 5: Every single time, every single time.
Speaker 6: That's usually the smart move to do to aid the lockdown at that position, especially in a position of that in points where, like you said, you don't have the insurance of Manti anymore.
Speaker 4: And you had Montgomery there lightning the load, so it's not like he was getting three hundred and fifty carries every year. Since I saw him use the point of Ezekiel Elliott. Ezekiel Elliott was getting three hundred carries since he stepped into the league. That's not what Jamir Gibbs did. You slow played him on purpose. So when you pay him his biggest contract in the league, he's not gonna be run down because he was splitting a backfield for his rookie contract.
Speaker 1: That's why they have.
Speaker 4: The Lions have taken every step to make sure that they paid Jamir Gibbs the most money possible, like it's gonna happen, and I would do it before Bijeon gets paid.
Speaker 2: And I guess I know there's risk with it at the running back position. And I did hear the examples that Jeff brought up, and I don't necessarily agree he brought up Ezekiel Ezekiel had more good years after he got paid.
Speaker 1: Not the tail end of it.
Speaker 2: They look pretty no, But also Ezekie Elliott, like fucking three hundred carries a.
Speaker 1: Year, Yes, he was a lone guy.
Speaker 4: His rookie year, he had three hundred and twenty two carries. Jamir Gibbs hasn't passed three hundred once like they did it on purpose, and he brought up Zeke, which again you can't make the comparison. Cazique was the bellcow from his first snap and Todd Gurley, who has degenerative knees? Would I pay Todd Gurley? If yes, you're paying Todd Gurley? Did you see what he did? He just has degenerative knees, Like you're you're paying Jremior Gibbs, And I.
Speaker 2: Go to the other camp of it too, like, okay, we can talk about guys got paid and didn't work out well. About Chrisian McCaffrey. He's got hurt here and there, but he's still been phenomenal. He's phenomenal last year, could have win Offensive Play of the Year. How about I jump over to say Quon Barkley, Derrick Henry, It's worked out other ways as well. I'm with it again, an any running back that's not in a top five conversation, I'm there with you. I'm with you guys, whether it be early, whether it be at all, I'm like, let's go find another guy. Devon a Chang fourth rounday, I mean could point to so many guys across the league late round picks worked out running back when he have a top three guy at the position. He's special and you've seen him win games for you, like an instance, the Giants game or since the NFC champion I'm sorry, the NFC nowrth Championship game last week, Bucks.
Speaker 1: Game last year, Bocks game last year. Oh yeah he did, yeah King's game with super Chanted one. You pay Gibbs because I named my dog after him. Damn it, that's fucking that's great, It's great. It's sick. I wish I thought of that. Gibby would be a cool though. Imagine what has Brice named Jimmy? I should justly knew.
Speaker 2: He had some black And oh Yeahisha, you look like you want to say, don't pay the man.
Speaker 3: No, I think I don't really know what perspective Jeff is really looking at. I think Gibbs is one of those players that elevates this team efficiency wise, and like he is maybe not the most important person on this offense, but like we would suffer it's top three, we would suffer so much without him. So yeah, you know you're gonna sign him no matter what. So either you can save money and sign him early, or you can lose money and sign him later. So I don't really know what the argument is even about. To be honest, yeah, I don't. I don't see, Like.
Speaker 4: A if you if you were adverse to paying Jamiir Gibbs, you're just like looking for something. And I know Je, I know Jeff knows they're gonna pay him. I think he's just saying wait. But if he doesn't want to pay Jamier Gibbs in general, then I don't know.
Speaker 3: But well, the only thing I can like think of is.
Speaker 1: Like waiting makes it Waiting makes it worse.
Speaker 3: Don't Like, if you're gonna wait, the only reason you would wait, I guess is to not pay him, because running back is just one of those positions where like you can go get another guy, but you can't go get another Jami Gibbs. Like That's that's why it doesn't really make sense to me. But like, I don't know, you see what K nine happened with the Seahawks after winning MVP, But like Gibbs is much better than a K nine.
Speaker 4: Too, So like especially while like running backs are back in the draft now, like Gibbs an example, Yeah, like you're drafting multiple running backs in the first round again.
Speaker 1: I just again, I'm with you with any other guy. It's not top three, but if you have a top three guy his position that you pay him.
Speaker 4: And they have done taken every precaution since they drafted him to make sure he will be ready to be a bellcut in his second contract when he would be getting paid twenty plus million dollars a year. Uh shod with the super chat, says Dog. These fans are not gonna sit here and think these rbs are gonna take the minimum wage salary just because of the risk of injury.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like, if you don't pay jim Her Gibbs, he's he's not gonna He's not gonna hold out this year, but next year he will. If you don't have his contract done by next year, he'll hold out.
Speaker 3: Steve Liaman like, efficiency wise, you think that if Jamiir Gibbs was not on this team we would be more efficient?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like, I like, I don't understand if you just have a comprehension issue or you just don't understand. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Steve, I know was in the big camp of Monty was better than Gibbs last year. I think I could be of a memory correctly. I know he's been you know he was upset that Magic to get carried, as we all were. I think they should have been split a little bit more too.
Speaker 6: But and that's but to say better, say better, it's a crazy take.
Speaker 1: What was he said that they'd be more efficient without Gibbs.
Speaker 3: I said, like, we would lose out on a lot of efficiency if Gibbs was not on this team, And he disagrees apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. He's the most efficient back if I'm being honest with.
Speaker 3: You, if Gibbs was not on this team.
Speaker 1: When I say you need them on the team.
Speaker 3: When I say efficiency, I mean like a lot, like a production, all of that. We would suffer as a team without Gibbs. Like, I don't there's nothing to really argue regarding that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think there was a step could be made too.
Speaker 4: In his receiving game, he scored more touchdowns than anybody in the league since he entered it.
Speaker 3: Like, what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: It's pretty good more than Barry. Yeah, I think it's all like it all goes together.
Speaker 2: But against the top of your guys, got ye, And I wonder too if you if you're paying him being that is the running back position a little bit risky to pay anyway. Grand Less carries in Ezekie Elliott. But do you get less of a guarantee for paying them early? Like, Hey, we're gonna give you some money early, it's gonna be a big amount. We can't guarantee everything until.
Speaker 4: Remember Stick said you can't paiy him because he can't pass detection. Yes, but like Jared Goff is fine making seventy million. All right, tell us about massage Cherry Massage chair House.
Speaker 1: Go see my gout doctor Dunck at the corner Wobert Long Lake Road, where you can.
Speaker 2: Found the largest massage here showroom this side of the Mississippi.
Speaker 1: That's why it's the number of massage here.
Speaker 2: Viutue know on the unit checked out the Massage Chairhouse dot com.
Speaker 7: The hunting season is almost to her, Detroit, and you're Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Smon Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox's legs. Yes day.
Speaker 1: Locked in on.
Speaker 7: All your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one one on Sports Networkorts.
Speaker 8: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free PFPP online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month, A.
Speaker 7: Ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights Live Daily Star.
Speaker 1: You mean you mean mail bagtime? First one? How the press are you in favor of the IRN war? Moving on? Shout that so right?
Speaker 4: Starting off strong mail bags?
Speaker 1: I saw Jalen Duran is for that. He's never mind. Let me shut up? Uh hen hole, hen hole? How do you say that?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: N ol e hanoli ohn Hei knowl.
Speaker 2: Uh don't want to restructure golf because next year we can let golf walk since we gave him the no trade clause.
Speaker 1: We need that option. You can't let golf walk unless you got something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you ow him seventy million dollars in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Trust me, you think anybody up here was to say other than Skywalker, they like golf walking.
Speaker 1: Probably I'd be the second one line bin Ska.
Speaker 4: I cannot let them walkky They all had him hundreds of millions of dollars still.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't let me clarify something real quick, and I won't take a lot of time. But like, I don't want to let him walk because we have no plan after that. I just wish the situation was better.
Speaker 4: The way we could have let Golf walk is if they didn't restructure him, then you would have just paid him like seventy million dollars this year and you would have been able to let him walk and only owed him like twenty million or something like that. But they restructured and now you owe him like one hundred and thirty million dollars after this year the next two years.
Speaker 2: Mail Bag, you see the Avengers Doom Day trailer. I did, I did, and I was hype. I have a Fanals tattoo. If you guys don't, I have a fucking fantos in my legs.
Speaker 1: I'm a big Avengers game.
Speaker 5: You're gonna lock back in and catch up. I tell I tapped out after that game and all yeah, just.
Speaker 4: Just you leave it like that and just go in. You don't want it.
Speaker 6: Your you can watch is not go watch. I'm not gonna watch all of them. More important one.
Speaker 2: Watch that Asian one and Shank Shank Chy that way, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: Just watched Thunderball, were watched under Bolt?
Speaker 5: Did the Fantastic four one happened yet? Or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I heard watch watch Fantastic I haven't seen that. I heard that watch like Fantastic four is gonna connect, so you should watch that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, yeah that was the one with all girls, girl Powers.
Speaker 1: The mail Bags.
Speaker 3: I just already bought tickets.
Speaker 4: Mailbag fellas saying too much and those spoilers appreciate you. How good was the Odyssey? Reviews have been crazy good?
Speaker 1: And I don't know, let Skywalker on this because even want to talk about all day.
Speaker 4: He said, no spoilers and without saying too.
Speaker 1: Much, All right, well it's a three thousand year old story.
Speaker 3: This is the wrong podcast.
Speaker 4: It's one of the better movies I've ever seen in theaters.
Speaker 2: It was so this this I've going to appreciate even more after seeing it too, because I'm seeing like none of that stuff was CGI.
Speaker 1: They had like a little bit of CG that had Initially the little bit of CGI they had was to.
Speaker 2: Clean up like the puppet strings and ship they used for certain props. But like, it's a fucking I would go see it. It's a master you gotta go see it's a masterpiece. Honestly, it's like like a true art piece. It's crazy to think about film that way, but.
Speaker 1: Christopher Nolan that way, you feel that way.
Speaker 3: I think visually it is one of the most impressive like movie feats I've ever seen. Yeah, Like it looks like unbelievable. I didn't see it in Imax or Emax. I want to go back and just watch it on the full screen, Like, oh yeah, those shots are like, you gotta go to it is it's insane. It looks insane.
Speaker 4: You gotta go to AMC Forum thirty. It's I think it's a top three Christopher Nolan movie, and it's one of the best movies I've ever seen in theaters.
Speaker 1: Mail Bag early prediction.
Speaker 2: Will you enjoy Avengers Doom Day more over The Odyssey when it comes out No, probably not.
Speaker 5: Was that good.
Speaker 1: I'm a big I'm nervous if Doom three will be able to be I was honest.
Speaker 2: I'm just fucking mind blown by the os all. Just like the shots where they went their five different countries. Dude, they were in Italy, Greece, but like the fact that they're all the legitimately real and then the story is a lot like there's so much to go wrong in that because so many like ventures on the way to the main thing, like you could lose yourself and get you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He can still cut it all fucking tight. Yep, it's all moving along. It's three our movie. I didn't get bored. Puts you that way. Maybe at the end I felt it could be sped up a little bit.
Speaker 6: That's maybe that's anything. I think there's one play delivered in like he was talking to it.
Speaker 1: I can't say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you kind of like again, like you said, it's everybody should know how it ends. I mean Spooner didn't know what it was, and I told him what it was. No, I just didn't want him to expect like a war movie, Like it's not a war movie. Yeah, it's is Journey Home from the War. You get war flashbacks, which you're sweet. Yeah, it was phenomenal, uh Zach, So, mail Bag, do you believe in Jesus?
Speaker 1: Yes? I do, Yes, I do, Mailbag. What's the greatest superhero movie of all time?
Speaker 5: Mine would be Basic but it's but it's Infinity War. I just liked that. It had to.
Speaker 6: That was the first movie that had like the dark ending. Oh, okay, that's a good one too.
Speaker 4: Dark Knight War, Dark Knight not close.
Speaker 1: I think I liked Captain American Civil War.
Speaker 6: I liked the dark ending though, because that was the first time I generally left a movie like dark It went like that.
Speaker 2: No Infinity War, Yeah, yeah, where I was like, oh ship, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: That's one of your falling along.
Speaker 2: I feel like if you watched Infinity War by itself, you want Hite the same as if you watch the build up, you know, yes.
Speaker 3: Like if we're talking, like actually best movie, the Dark Knight is definitely I think the best, but like from like my favorite just like from a childhood Sam ramis Spider Man three.
Speaker 1: I what. I absolutely love that. That's the worst spider Man movie ever made.
Speaker 3: It's a bad spider Man movie, but as a kid, like seeing that Holy Maguire, Like, yeah, all in.
Speaker 1: The Blacks, He's dancing in the middle of the street.
Speaker 3: I always appreciate that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, and it's dumb swoop.
Speaker 4: I think Iron Man if it's past you were a kid, If it's not.
Speaker 3: Dark Knight, Yeah, it's nostalgia.
Speaker 4: I would say Iron Man. The original Iron Man probably is my favorite.
Speaker 1: Uh, the osty glaze is a bit crazy.
Speaker 2: It was really awesome on a technical scale, but dumb as hell on some spots for no reason, Like, yeah, what could you possibly be talking about?
Speaker 4: I saw people were like Mane Helen of Troy, Like the lore behind her is.
Speaker 1: That she was hatched from an egg. She was born by some