Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And joining me now is the nice exercise Lady Claudine Cooper, Claudine is good to talk to you again.
Speaker 3: How are you tonight?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great.
Speaker 5: How are you mom?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well.
Speaker 2: And I came across this article and it reminded me painfully in many ways that AI is coming for all of us, coming for our jobs, going to replace us, going to somehow insert a wedge between us and other people. And I saw this article which says seven ways you can use chat GPT for your mental health and wellness. I don't work in that space, so I'm not as intimately connected to it. But when I saw the headline and I read the article, I was thinking, are we on the verge of some people losing some jobs? Or is that too far off?
Speaker 5: I don't think you're wrong. I mean, here's a couple of things I've noticed. I did read the article that you sent to me, and I've noticed a few things. People now they don't have to hire a personal trainer because they can go on chat GPT and say, hey, I need a workout specifically for lower body and it'll literally outline everything you need to know. Pop your headphones on, go to the gym, don't talk to a single soul, have your phone up, and it'll tell you everything that you need to do. Now here's the pitfalls with that. If you have a one on one trainer and you're doing an exercise and you're a little bit off in your technique, the trainer can say, hey, listen, separate your feet a little bit more, drop your hips a little further. Things like that that you won't get if you're using chat, GPT or AI as your personal trainer. But as you know, I specialize in groups fitness that is related to bringing people together, which is excellent for the mental health. And because of that, I don't think my j is replaceable.
Speaker 1: MO.
Speaker 4: That's all I'm saying about that.
Speaker 3: What about the feasibility?
Speaker 2: Because although I can picture you working with people and being able to modify their workouts or adjust subtleties, when we're talking about mental health, that's a completely different ballgame, seemingly, because you have someone interacting with artificial intelligence, not looking them in their eyes, not making that emotional or personal connection. Can chat GPT as it's presently constructed offer something for someone who is concerned about increasing their mental health or mental wellness.
Speaker 4: Ooh, that's a good question.
Speaker 5: So in the article, what it was saying was that there are people who actually go on chat GPT to use it as a therapist.
Speaker 4: And I had never heard anything like this before.
Speaker 5: But look, kind of I'm not as well versed in chat GPS and AI. I think maybe we need to bring in Marsha into the conversation, you know, our tech lady. Yeah, but I do know enough about it because I am living in the house with teenagers and chatchept and AI is all the rave when it comes to the young people and doing their research projects, their school homework and things like that. But that's a sidebar conversation. I'll keep it to this. I would have never thought to go on chat GPT and say, hey, I'm having a difficult time connecting with a person in my life. Can you give me some tips? But when I read the article, I realized that there are people who are using chat GPT for things like this. And although chatchept will give you the responses that you need if you're having a difficult conversation or a difficult time connecting with a certain person. There's nothing that can compare to eye contact, at least that's me with my fifty year old But what.
Speaker 2: Say you, mo, I think the eye contact is essential because we're talking about human connection and how do we first connect through the eyes, through the physical acknowledgment of the presence of someone else.
Speaker 3: That's why if we happen to be.
Speaker 2: On zoom, it's always more preferable to have your camera on.
Speaker 3: So there is a level of connection.
Speaker 2: That's the level of connection that I don't think is possible through a prompt and script or even artificial intelligence. But according to the article we were talking about, it is being used by people as organization for a brain dump or you can just let everything out without fear of judgment, provide psycho education of brainstorming, coping strategies, organizing your to do lists. Almost an assistant more than just artificial intelligence. I don't disagree or debate the fact that it probably has some usefulness. I do wonder whether it can help someone one who may be dealing with particular issues or complications in their emotional well being.
Speaker 5: Okay, so basically what I found, what I read, or how I interpreted it was that Let's say you have trouble with time management and you need to organize your to do lists. You can go into chap GPT and do a brain dump and they will help you organize and manage your time.
Speaker 4: But you still have to be the executor. You still have to take that action.
Speaker 5: Yes, chat GPT can help you and it can tell you what you need to do, but if you're not doing it, is it really helpful at the end of the day. Right, And today, while I was at the gym, I was on the main floor, which is where the strength training the beefcake guys go and lift the weights, right, And so I was talking to one of the guys and he was like, oh, you know, today is the one year anniversary of my mother's passing. And because I don't go on social media and I don't use any of the technology that's at our fingertips, I want to show you a picture of my mom.
Speaker 4: And I thought that was so special moment. And I'm gonna tell you why.
Speaker 5: Because there are people who are yearning for human connection, but they don't want to put themselves out into the world on the Internet, and so they're looking to connect in person. And one of the best places to do that is still the gym. There's other places. There's church, there's sorority and fraternity meetings, but it is still a great place to connect the gym.
Speaker 2: There if I were to read in what you were saying, and please correct me if I'm wrong, there is no substitute for the human connection, the physical interaction, to be able to enjoy the commonality of just being human together.
Speaker 5: I feel like that is one of the things that we are missing, And you're right, the nail on the head, there's nothing that can quite compare to that eye contact, that human to human interaction, and him just wanting to share that it was one year of his mother's passing and let me show you a picture of her real simple didn't take more than two minutes of my time to just say I see you, I hear you, I'm standing with you in your grieve today, you know.
Speaker 4: And no social media was involved.
Speaker 2: Nor chat gpt not to sell it short. I don't think he could have done anything for that individual or anyone else who was looking for an emotional acknowledgment and recognition of this moment of his mother's passing. Yes, yes, when we come back, we're getting close to spring, it's daylight saving time. The more sunlight to the day, love it, love it, love it. And so when we come back Cloning Cooper, I want to go into I'll guess the psychology of how people maybe are more inclined to get into the gym, maybe start thinking about that bikini or beach body as it were, and how people not only their physical bodies change, but their psychology also changes. Can you do that for me, Claudine, I'm ready when you are. It's Later with Mo Kelly. I'm speaking with the nice exercise lady, Claudie Cooper. Go to Claudiancooper dot com to find out more about her, and we'll have more in just a moment. CAFI AM six forty Live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: KFI Mo Kelly and Claudiane Cooper go to Claudiancooper dot com. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And Claudine, as I look outside, the sun's finally gone down, but I had sunlight up until the time of the start of my show.
Speaker 3: Obviously, the days are getting longer.
Speaker 2: Some kids are on spring break right now, which is weird for me because my spring break growing up was always tied to the Easter weekend. It's not like that anymore, depending on school district. But I wonder in what you do now that we are trending towards spring, now that there are more hours of sunlight in the day, Now that people may be thinking about getting themselves their beach body or their revenge body, or whatever it may be, which motivates them. What type of trends or changes in people's psychology or motivation do you see in the gym?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wow, Well you've just asked a multitude of questions. My head is spinning, but I gotta say this, Spring is always a great time in the gym. People are prepping for summer, for sure, maybe getting ready for their spring break vacations. My daughter just came in town last week, so she was home for spring break. And like you, I remember spring break being the week before Easter or the week after Easter. This year, Easter doesn't fall until the end of April, so people are having their spring breaks a little bit earlier. My daughter and I had a wonderful time together bring break that home this year, I feel like seasonal depression is real, and I think, yeah, I think we have to I think we have to just go there. Because we already talked about how chat GPT is being used as a therapist.
Speaker 4: So one of the things you might ask chat GPT is.
Speaker 5: How do I get over my seasonal depression? And the truth is, we just need a little bit more outside time, a little bit more daylight, a little bit more sunlight. And so what I'm noticing, and this is just my observation because I see hundreds of people every day, I'm noticing a lightness, a happiness, a greater amount of joy and connection between people. And maybe I'm imagining things mo, but I really attribute this to the longer days and to the change of seasons.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's your imagination. It's been well documented that the winter months brings about more depression for people, more sorrow, people might be emotionally down during the holidays. All of that figures together, But does that change how you in your profession interact with others well?
Speaker 5: As you know, I love being outside, I love going outside, I love working out outside, and you know, the weather.
Speaker 4: Although we are in southern California.
Speaker 5: There is a shift, even though it's not a huge seasonal shift like you have in the Midwest. But I will tell you I've noticed more people showing up to my outdoor workouts on Saturday mornings. We had close to one hundred people when it was sunny and bright and warm. You know, it's definitely a difference in what I do. My classes in the gym are even more crowded than usual. People are showing up for themselves in ways that when you're cozy at home eating your comfort food and it's cold outside and it's dark at night, you don't feel as compelled to get up, go to Pilate's class, get up, go to the gym. It's a lot more challenging when the weather is cold or when the days are short to get up and be motivated to workout. So I have seen a big difference.
Speaker 2: Since you have seen that big difference, and you made mention of your free community workouts on Saturday and more than a hundred people came out before. What are you expecting for this approaching weekend? And also let's remind people how they can be part of it.
Speaker 5: Well, one never knows what's gonna happen. I mean the weather has been a little tricky. I mean it was raining last week and then boom the day of my workout, it was funny. So you just never know. I'll say it doesn't matter to me if I have ten people or one hundred and ten people, I'm still going to give people a great workout. It's no equipment needed, no mats, nothing except for a positive attitude and a willingness to work.
Speaker 4: You just come there.
Speaker 5: We have free parking, a farmer's market, a free workout.
Speaker 4: It's right in the middle of Inglewood. I kind of don't know if people know the area yet.
Speaker 5: Last night I was walking home from workm and there were guys walking around and they were like, wait, so Sofi Stadium is over there, and then the Clippers Arena is right there, and they were.
Speaker 4: Like, so what is this And I was like, oh, this is a gym.
Speaker 5: They're like a gym is here too, and they were so flabberg acid because they're like what is going on around here? Like they didn't know nothing about this. And I say that to say maybe people listening don't know either. But there's this little intersection Century Boulevard and Prairie We have a huge new development where Sofi Stadium in Hollywood Park Casino, and all of these things are in the same little area, the Into It Dome Posum.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of things going on right here, but in the middle of.
Speaker 5: It, I host a free workout every Saturday at nine am, and you're welcome to join.
Speaker 2: I have done it on a few occasions. It is well worth your time and well worth your energy. And there's something about being outside. You made mentioned in this earlier, but I want to highlight it one more time. There's something about being outside in that communal element. We were talking earlier about chat GPT and lacking that human interaction and connection. It's something that improves your workout and inspires your workout. That's just from my first person experience of it, and it made it all that more rewarding at the end.
Speaker 5: Well, it's that too, But since we're talking about mental and emotional wellness, there is well documented data that suggests that when you are working out outside and with people, that's like a trifecta. It's the exercise, it's the mental wellness, and it's the human connection that really brings us back into our bodies and Centers US. So I would love to see anyone who's open to just showing up. Don't need a lot of details, no registration necessary, just show up.
Speaker 2: And then show out. She's Clauding Cooper. Find out more at Claudinecooper dot com. We're always pleased to have the nice exercise lady. And you think, well, where does that come from? That came from Mark Ronner and it just stuck. Clauding is always good to see you, and I hope to see you and talk to you again soon.
Speaker 4: I'll see you next week.
Speaker 5: Mol thank you for having me and I look forward to meeting up again soon.
Speaker 2: It's Later with mo Kelly CAFI AM six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty