Speaker 1: It's time for food, all right.
Speaker 2: Coffee drinking has been on the rise. Since two thousand and four. The number of American adults who have drank coffee per day has risen by thirty seven percent. So basically, if you ask them do you have a couple of coffee a day and they say yes, that's gone up thirty seven percent in the last twenty years.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have to be tied to availability. I was thinking the exact same thing. I bet the number of beverage places, whether it's you know, we think of Starbucks because they're everywhere, but there's a lot of different coffee houses around America, and I bet that has risen. I bet that's risen by sixty five percent.
Speaker 1: Do you guys tip at Starbucks? I do, and I don't understand what I'm doing. I pay on the app, so yeah, I don't know. Oh.
Speaker 3: I usually what I do is because I don't get big orders, you know, and so I usually if it's let's say it's which nothing is under five bucks now, so let's say it's six dollars and thirty eight cents, then I tip one dollar and sixty two cents, right, tip a dollar in round.
Speaker 2: Of so you customize it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because custom one.
Speaker 3: I'm not OCD, but I like round numbers on my credit card statements, so I round up every single thing that I can.
Speaker 1: What you're saying.
Speaker 3: About using the app, that's the way to go because they let's say you go through the drive through at Starbucks and you order a seven dollars coffee, which is insane stupid, and they're like.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's gonna ask you a question real quick.
Speaker 3: Like they don't know what the question is, and it's you want to tip one, two, three, or four dollars? And I'm like, what all you did was pour coffee into a cup and I'm already overpaying for it. Yeah, but I understand the service industry, so I don't want to be a jerk, but.
Speaker 1: We're subsidizing Howard Schultz's money.
Speaker 3: If you pay with the app, all you have to do when they say it that's just gonna ask you questions. Go oh no, I'm paying with my app left and then it does not ask you the question, and then you just pay without having the pressure to tip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can get a free bakery treat if you want one, because your rewards points have scored well gold stars I bought, I buy a twenty five dollars bag. I still go with the Java John's twenty five dollars bag of Java John's. I like iced coffee or cold brewce so oh, cold brew maker. Okay, it's cheap, but you put in the fridge, give it twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: That looks like it. That looks like a ten ounce cup. I think that's a ten ounce cup maybe.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I had a cup yesterday or two days ago that was about two thirds that size, So I think I basically had a six ounce macha Okay, all right, six ounce macha ice with oat milk in it. What do you think that costs before tip? Seventeen dollars five nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say four fifty forty four.
Speaker 3: I'd say six ninety nine, four fifty six dollars and forty one cents.
Speaker 2: Okay, average price of coffee on this study that I have in Dallas five dollars forty four cents.
Speaker 1: They have SAYE used to be able to get dollar coffee. Well, and that's real quick. That was a tall you got right. I got a small size. I feel like they got small. Now.
Speaker 3: Now let me say I didn't get it at Starbucks. I got it in a place over in Alan called Armor okay, okay, which it's pretty great when you work somewhere and they provide coffee if you think about what each one costs. Yes, yeah, oh my god, yeah, get a coffee at work and that's saving you seven bucks.
Speaker 2: And you's got to talk to the person who orders it to like, let's do let's ramp that up a little bit though, let's not just go with community.
Speaker 3: Well, I have I have ca cup at the house, so every day I leave here, I take about fifteen to sixteen of those K cups home with me. Oh dude, I've been ripping off the company for years and that yeah, it's great. One day they'll find out, now I I in this study they had. The study was conducted by a sleep store okay, some mattress place, because caffeine and sleep. Dude, that's a exactly what I was thinking. So I suffer from hardcore sleep APNA. Like I have the worst sleep apna. I've got to get it treated. I got to figure out because I can't wear the mask, I can't stand it, so I don't ever get good sleep. And I know I'm preaching the choir too, guy with narcolepsy. Uh, but I don't ever really get good sleep, and so I've got to figure that out because it's leading to me setting the coffee record for the state of Texas.
Speaker 1: I don't know if anyone drinks more coffee than me.
Speaker 3: That was basically that was like a guy with some elbow pain complaining about it to a one armed guy.
Speaker 1: And my elbow is sore, hurt a lot, but you know I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't lift all the weights I want to lift, a little discomfort.
Speaker 1: Let me talk to you about how much trouble I'm having sleeping.
Speaker 2: When I got mymeror, it has helped me a lot.
Speaker 1: Do you wear it the mask? Is it stay on? Yeah? I turn around a lot. I move around a lot too, and I take it on and off.
Speaker 3: Right, Do you do you still do that special thing with while you're wearing it?
Speaker 1: What are we talking about? You know? Are you talking talking about talking about that campaign you're working on?
Speaker 3: Didn't Roxy ask you to wear Birds of the Apocalypse seapat mask?
Speaker 1: She wouldn't know what that was.
Speaker 2: Dallas is the most coffee dependent city and that was great.
Speaker 1: It was a great rap. That's the most professional all day. That's good all year.
Speaker 3: Maybe the guy who started making animal sounds just decided to wrap that.
Speaker 1: In honor of the great Bryan Wilson. Let's get out of here, all right, Coming up next, coming up in just over three minutes. Uh, do not miss this.
Speaker 3: We have dog attack stats, an update on that, and a lady is suing Costco Why is she doing that? All of that is coming your way in just over three minutes. Don't go anywhere