Speaker 1: We're recording. I mean, on on are we on? They tell us we're on a Welcome to the CEEO pre show for episode four fifty two. We're fifty two, Yes, sir, Holy shit, Yeah, we're back. We're brought to you by the wonderful Patreon supporters over at patreon dot com slash CEEO podcast.
Speaker 2: Whether they like it or not, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. And we're testing a new lighting setup because we got invited to gun that day convention tomorrow, Gang Beating Gang Beating Convention tomorrow, Saskatoon, August twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: I got my cueball in my sock. I am ready to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got my middle finger sock, my fuck sock if you will. And it's uh, they tell me it's about anime and gaming.
Speaker 2: No, we're done, not what we're gone?
Speaker 1: Exciss Yeah okay, So.
Speaker 2: Cause it was here, we're talking about it tomorrow. What happened two days ago? Yes, so thanks you all for coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what's.
Speaker 3: That called where you say the thing that you want to happen and then it happens.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what do you call that? Producer Gary is lazy guy Gary over there. We got LB today what do you call it? Manifesting? Yeah, okay, well let's manifest the pre show. We've got a winner from last week.
Speaker 2: Of course we do.
Speaker 1: We of course we do. We've got Hey, have you seen any I've got this note to specifically ask you because you went to the bloomborough like promo day things?
Speaker 2: Sure did.
Speaker 1: What was it called Commander Party? The Commander Party? How was it?
Speaker 2: It's terrible?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's terrible, Uncle Brando.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 3: Now, the usually those little variants that they kind of throw in for those parties are pretty fun. We really enjoy them, yep. And we've had a good time with some of them. I took the Lord of the Rings one and laminated it and I carried with you when I go places, right, But like this one was just it was unbalanced and it wasn't very good and it was really based on kind of locksacking your way through game.
Speaker 1: And you know, like, uh, because you're really good at that when you've.
Speaker 3: Played Plane Chase, right, you it can kind of warp games and like, yeah, plane Chase decides who wins instead of anything else, same kind of gimmick, but in a way more abysmal, kind of just inevitable kind of.
Speaker 1: Way, you know what I mean, And not as much even even if the dice in Plane Chase decide who wins. At least there's variants because you can go playing to plane to plane and there's like seventy or eighty different planes.
Speaker 3: Right exactly, and this one there's seven different spaces on a board. You're probably gonna see all of them throughout the course of a game. And then the little card variant things. Unless you're really doing something specific, there is a very clear best one, and if you're not playing the best one and someone else is, you're probably gonna lose, even if you are really lucky.
Speaker 1: Oh so that's like the Cohle's Notes version of whether or not you should play the Commander Party Bloomborough variant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was worth it.
Speaker 3: We played it with a real dex and we played it with the four pre cons and from that I learned two things. The variant is, in my opinion, terrible, and my variation of the Raccoon deck is way better than the pre constructed Raccoon deck.
Speaker 1: Was that was that last week's or the weeks before deck? Was that four fifty one episode? I think it was four fifty one, right, I think it was last week, but it's just I don't remember.
Speaker 3: It's much better because mine has I counted, I have thirty seven things that interact with my with my commander, and the actual pre Con deck has like twenty and I didn't see any of them.
Speaker 2: I was playing like a girls seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah if you're if you're new to magic, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just several things.
Speaker 3: Whereas like the pre Con, I played like a Tlly and a Galta and a rampaging bay lots. But it's just like all these just like regular kind of just like real good stuff. I ended up playing yep, and it like why So while the other three pre cons definitely did the thing, there were lots of fun. Maybe I was just unlucky in draws in line, but mine was just a little slow, I mean a million man.
Speaker 1: I had nothing to do with it and then just lost for people. People who like the peaks behind the curtains. Maybe the show sounds a lot better now that they unplug the air conditioner. Really good, we should do. How many Commander parties have you been to? Three or four?
Speaker 2: I can't say all of the Lord of.
Speaker 1: The Rings one the Bloomborough one. What other ones have you done?
Speaker 2: Thunder Junction, Thundy?
Speaker 1: What was that one? I don't even remember that one. I didn't go to that one.
Speaker 3: I don't remember what it was, but I know I went to it.
Speaker 2: It was fine. There was like break that break the bank.
Speaker 1: There was like oh yeah, man, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, the break the Bank.
Speaker 2: One, and it was rain I went to. I don't know if you mentioned that.
Speaker 1: We got to do like a little reviewer or a ratings show which ones are the best, because I went to the Lord of the Rings one and it was really good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Varian's actually fun. It gave some strategy and maybe you.
Speaker 1: Had to like pick a character before you start and then like get special rules whether or you like had a ring or not or something.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, the Clue is really cool. The Clue one really neat for I forgot about that one. Murder It whatever.
Speaker 3: There's some neat stuff out there that I think kind of gets overlooked a little bit because they only show up on one day and you have to ask after a specific time at the store to see if you can have one, especially now that they've changed the rules on when the events can happen. So unless you're like Ozzy and Momo who collect them, the odds are you're probably not going to see them in the wild very often, which is too bad because some of them are.
Speaker 1: Neat are they like greedy whales that just get like all of them so nobody else can have any or do they do? They get like enough so everybody can have one when they go and.
Speaker 3: Play, Oh, they have one of each one so that they can play it if they want.
Speaker 1: Oh, like one from each of the different parties that there has been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the store, this store usually gets enough. We had we overbooked. We had to move another table into the into the store.
Speaker 1: Last where's that other table?
Speaker 3: When I ever show up late because you have to, you haven't and by the time you show up, everybody has shown up and been turned away.
Speaker 1: I meant to show up this week, but I was pretty obvious by Yeah, you had something else going on. Academy trip. I'll tell you about that.
Speaker 3: We had like thirty two or thirty four people. I think we turned away like thirteen because the store was Oh, it was very bob.
Speaker 1: Gone are the days when the empty store in the mall was right next to the lgs and we could just fill an empty retail store and if we needed to go and buy something, we'd just go next door to the actual store. Hey, we could eat in there. And it was like closed off from the rest of the mall because like the storefront or whatever. But at a certain time they just like kind of half closed those little roller gates that mall doors have. Yeah, that was the best.
Speaker 2: That was really cool. Or when we just playing the hallway that was good too.
Speaker 1: I didn't like that because old people always came up and said, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 3: What was the same old people every time, So you could tell them a different story each time and see if they picked up on it.
Speaker 2: It didn't.
Speaker 1: They never did.
Speaker 2: They never did. They just kept asking. It was really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it, So okay, last week's winter I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: Oh many people, did you guess wrong?
Speaker 1: Well, I've been given it to patrons, right, I've been given it to the Patreon supporters.
Speaker 2: But the guessing game is the important. Everybody guess the crazy methed out globe.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no it was.
Speaker 2: It was a handsome glove.
Speaker 1: It was which globe would we play, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: No? It's which glob art was your favorite? Oh there's only one glob?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that's only there's two ars.
Speaker 2: There's two.
Speaker 1: Well what do people say? Everybody guessed it was the meth out one, like the the the showcase one or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like the handsome one, the tinder profile globe. Yes, yes, and then there's the globe that shows up for the date.
Speaker 1: Which one do you like?
Speaker 2: The globe that shows up for the date because it's crazy?
Speaker 1: Look, is that the one I'm supposed to say?
Speaker 2: No, you're the one that liked the handsome globe on the thing. You told me that when we're talking about it.
Speaker 1: The first trap glob Yeah, glob trap.
Speaker 2: Man, glarb is so good. I have been using that as a Gary adjective.
Speaker 1: But Gary knows about the glarb. But the other producers in the studio right now, and they're probably like, what the hell are these guys talking about? Anyone? Watch Commander Crook idiots, Why did anybody look at LB's in there.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, they know me in real life. They know what's going on. They understand.
Speaker 1: Oh well, big thanks. Everybody left to comment and said glar, but big thanks to the patrons where we have a winner. We do, and you know him?
Speaker 2: Do I?
Speaker 1: Jesse's him? New Jesse?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Yep? Okay, I haven't seen him for a long time. Think he plays magic. Still he must he's still a patron. They must he had a kid.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he can he form a has a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he probably hates time and money, so he had a kid and now he has none of either either of those. Okay, Jesse, wat just get in touch Commander cook at gmail dot com. He knows he's contacted us before. He's probably won before.
Speaker 2: Probably not probably, No, no, he has because everybody who plays wins.
Speaker 1: There you go, so Jesse, big, thanks for playing, big, Thanks for being a patron. Yes, we got a new patron.
Speaker 2: We gotta thank okay.
Speaker 1: Next or tomorrow, next day. And he's got one of those names games that just is a nickname.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Well it makes it easy.
Speaker 3: So his name is like knob Goblin or Gobbler, mushroom stamp or something.
Speaker 1: Hey yeah, yes, it's more magic related.
Speaker 3: Carry syphilis, yes, yes, yes, if he was a dinosaur and had like the one with the yes packy syphilis saurus. Yes because yeah, yeah, because a dinosaur with syphilis.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, he's probably got spina bifiosis or something. Yeah, yeah, that's it. Okay, And we've got a deck that you picked out as the head of deck list procurement for Commander Cocode Enterprises. Brando's got us a deck that I'm a little bit concerned doesn't have a win con.
Speaker 2: No, it totally does. It's an alternate win con.
Speaker 1: And you said it was a group hug deck on last week's episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we're doing it. So we're trying it. And see, I want to point out.
Speaker 1: But that's not a hint for anybody who actually wants to play the guessing game. How do you guess the Commander? I said that I liked the art in It's a Bloomborough Commander and it was my favorite Commander art. Oh, here's the hint. I said in the set review that this is the card that's going to complete my Giant or my big card collection.
Speaker 2: This was the card that's a good one. And then if I don't know if I really like Shreks, who've ever seen poor Boots? Yeah, he looks kind of like that.
Speaker 1: I'll give you one more hint, and this one's really up to Sif this is the only hint that we gave, I don't know if anybody would get it. But this character is a flower name. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I if I gave you that hint, would you associate that with this character? I don't think you would.
Speaker 3: If you gave it to me and I was reading through cards, I'd probably get it.
Speaker 1: And I think that I have the hook, like I think that I have the the why this is and why this isn't a good name for this deck strategy being group hug, So we'll talk about that a little bit tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Like group tug, it kind of is.
Speaker 1: That's what we should call it. You know, you know how people like say group's lug where everybody takes damage all the time. Yeah, should we just like petition to of course we should petition because that's my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 2: Group tug is all we're all pulling in the same direction.
Speaker 1: Yes, it does really make sense. I know that the producers are all sitting around, like, what the hell are these guys talking about the plating nods?
Speaker 3: If they played magic instead of being just regular nerds, they really are You know what, Dragon told me today, tell me he's got like this cool nickname dragon and stuff.
Speaker 1: And he's like, yeah, I got this cool lightsaber. It makes noise when I hit it against stuff.
Speaker 2: It was the greatest, man.
Speaker 1: I just got hit with a SODA's your wife?
Speaker 2: I mean she does make a noise if you hit her against stuff. That's kind of what it's kind of how.
Speaker 1: You just have to my leg this week though, And I'd be down for the counts. Yeah, if you know, you know, okay, well, we're doing this deck. Leave it in the comments. I'll take people that do it in the comment, like, do it in the comments, who leave a comment with the guests for tomorrow's commander, and I'll throw it into like a number generator with Patron numbers. So if you want to play the guessing game, you get entered. If you're a Patreon supporter, you get entered for no extra work because guessing is so much freging work. Yeah, and either way you can get entered. So Brando has fun. I get to say thank you and we'll do that. We shall any last words on the pre show episode four fifty two, we're doing this deck. I like the card I want I wanted a deck so bad that we can just freaking cheat like crazy, because this guy kind of does a really cheaty thing, but not in the colors that are normally cheaty.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna cheat, but just like ineffectually.
Speaker 1: Oh good. Yes, yeah, we're gonna cheat, but it's like we get permission like swingers. Yeah, yes, this is nice, Like that swinger group Tug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna swing and tug at the same time.
Speaker 1: Hit our theme song.
Speaker 2: Ryan broke his leg