Speaker 1: It is a wall past Wednesday recording the great orator Joey Tribbiani.
Speaker 2: How you doing, John? Hear you there?
Speaker 1: It is a stacked blanken show. It is a stacked blanken show. There is no way to phrase it. We got a lot of news to get into and we've got the things to get into as well. And like I said, plan to get into this morning. And here's the guest list. And with the guest list the way that it always rolled, it is Tyler Pilgrim. He's going to join us from a scarves in Spikes nine point fifteen as he traditionally does here for our number one in the Atlanta nighted Informational Journalistic Exchange program. And then ten o'clock our buddy Dylan Butler from MLS Soccer dot Com. He's gonna start our MLS discussion the week that was, get into the week that will be. And then at ten thirty it is the Triumphant Return, Triumphant Return, I tell you, Tyler Terrens from Apple TV and MLS Coverage. He's going to drop by for the first time in a long time, and we welcome Tyler back to the morning show to discuss the things that's the official term. So it is today's show wall Pass Wednesday is brought to you by the letter Tyler Pilgrim Dylan Butler, although there is no Tyler in Dylan and in the word Dylan, and then Tyler Arran's joining us at ten thirty. Busy night last night on the network. It was forty five minute delay at Kennessel Mountain. And I know that I know that this will shock each and every one of you, but traffic in Atlanta is a pain in the you know what. And last night for Senior Night at Kennesaum Mountain, New Manchester, coming from Douglas County in a region that goes from basically Roame to Douglasville and is like a triangle points in between. New Manchester was forty five minutes late and everything the Senior Night got pushed back and I think we ended up getting off the year about eleven o'clock. And so it was a busy night for Kennesaum Mountain. They ended up getting the sweep in a boys and girls action and they needed it to keep the pee, keep the pace on the boys side in region play and get into the mix and the discussion trying to get into the playoffs on the girls side, so a big win for both Kennesaum Mountain on the boys and girls sides last night against New Manchester. No games today, but at noon we do have soccer as in Session and we will catch up with our friends at Jefferson and we will catch up with our friends in Meta and maybe a couple of others. So we'll literally we're on at noon. We'll see who shows up and however long they're there, and so we'll discuss everything. Soccer's in Session presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente will take the tour of the high school game and we'll go from twelve to one. We don't have a game today, we do have games tomorrow and we do have games on Friday. So here's the rundown as we know them for the remainder of the week, guests and otherwise. All right, so you know what's happening today now tomorrow. Lloyd Hours a technical director from the Marshall Island Soccer Federation.
Speaker 2: He's going to join us at nine oh five.
Speaker 1: He's going to bat lead off and we're going to discuss everything going on with their fundraiser and their Kickstarter campaign, trying to get folks to invest in the tournament, the Outrigger Cup that is planned for August in spring deal Arkansas at John Brown University, with the Marshall Islands and three other US territories competing for that entire week. You're going to have two matches on the fourteenth, championship game in a third place game I think on the sixteenth, so Thursday Saturday, they're going to be there the whole week. Kickstarter campaigns up and running. They're looking for a twenty six thousand dollars target. I think they're already a third of the way. They are a little more than a week and thanks to everybody who has invested to the point that they have. And yeah, we're probably going so we might be doing the Morning Show from Arkansas in mid August. So Lloyd hours at all, probably Matt Webb from Marketing Communications joining us as well to kind of get the breakdown of everything. We got to find out what happened with Lloyd on the last trip. I have to find out with Matt, what's going on with the Kickstarter campaign, all those things. And that'll be bat and lead off tomorrow. Then the Power Hour and Hour number two. It's you know, and Nico breaking down going around the world in thirty minutes and then getting Nico Modano's thoughts. Paulo Riola was put on the season ending injury list. What does Seattle do to try to fill that space? Are they confident with who they have coming up from Tacoma and who's on the roster?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Do they go digging Nico eluded last week into chasing after someone with the available game that they have. We'll get the update on that tomorrow, get the update on Nico Ladero and what it was like for Houston to visit Seattle last week, and we'll get all that stuff in Hour number two. Then Thursday afternoon and evening. Sorry, another visit to Perry for US Warner Robins and Perry. The double header is going to be on the network at soccer down here dot mixlore dot com. And it is also going to be available later on an archive and things like that. So Warner Robinson Perry Tomorrow afternoon and evening for the network, brought to his buyer friends at Kaiser Permanente, Soccer down here dot mixlore dot com, on the Mixlore app, go to Soccer down here dot net, click on the listen tab. You'll know when something's live. You can click on it and listen to it.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Friday, it is Glenn Crooks is going to join us at nine oh five. Glenn's gonna bat lead off and let us know what's going on in the world of NYCFC. We'll probably talk a little Georgia football, maybe some Georgia basketball with the UGA grad see if our friends from Beyond Goals Menering can join us at nine point thirty and will break down what's on their minds with what happened with the US collapse, Ian Nations League, whatever else is on either Michael Parkhurst or Greg Garza or both of their minds.
Speaker 2: We've yet to have a show with the both of them.
Speaker 1: I think that'd be kind of cool at at some point, maybe at the end of the year, you know, like the last show of the year for them, both of them come on during the holiday season.
Speaker 2: We talked about it then.
Speaker 1: But hopefully Beyond Goals Menering joining us at nine point thirty and then we can whip around pat and pending trademark coming center hopefully rather than later. At last hour of the week, we go through everything going on. Get you ready for the weekend in Major League Soccer. Then it is a double header for high school. Actually, well it's not a double header. It's two channels going at once. It's SDH one and two going Friday night. Drew, Dickinson and I will be at the Battle of Five Forks Trickham for Parkview and Brookwood, and Jason and the rest of the band will be out at Sharp Stadium in Covington for a big region matchup north of Kony and East Side, and so SDH one and two will be fired up on Friday. So it is two channels on Friday for high school presented by Kaiser Permanente. The Friday Show on the morning to get you ready for the weekend with the guests that are there, Glenn Crooks maybe Beyond Goals and get you ready for the weekend. Tomorrow Marshall Islands and The Power Hour with Nino and Nico, Warner, Robinson Perry that evening live from Saint clair Field on the campus of Perry High School. So Warner, Robins and Perry. Then at noon today once again Soccer's in Session presented by Kaiser Permanente. Kaiser Permanente Great Sponsors areing the SDH Network and that gets us back to where we are right now. Now that's a lot Morning de Graham. So yeah, that's a lot here for the week. But that's the way we like it, honestly, literally, really looking forward to it. Very very busy Morning, David, Morning d Graham. And that's the way things are right now this time of year. Busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, but we like it busy. Once again, the high school game we have finally, by the way, you know how Jason has the four page schematic of where we would like to go and cover things. We finally turned to page two. Finally turned to page two, and so you're looking at all of that action. And then you have Landing United in NYCFC on Saturday night, and then you have the twos in Chattanooga, which reminds me we probably need to catch up with Chris Nugent and find out what's going on with Chattanooga FC as they get ready for the matchup with it Lanty United too at the Fraction on Sunday night. So yeah, busy week and the weekend is going to be just as busy. So once again, thanks to all of you folks for being a part of it that you always are. And good morning, so hopefully you got your caffeine ready to go, and we'll discuss the things. That's the real important, the real important terminology is the things from our buddy Ben Jacobs and for Britzia Romana. We actually do know now the price tag that folks are going to be at the price tag, but the the hoosy what's it's the payouts that you're gonna get for everything going on involving the FIFA Club World Cup if you win it, in addition to taking the uh not the Interstellar? What was the movie with Jody Foster and when she goes through the time portal and she it's the spinning the spinning hamster wheel that goes three hundred and sixty degrees.
Speaker 2: I can't think of it. What's the Jony Foster movie?
Speaker 1: It's not Interstellar, it's the it's the uh filmography. It's the one where she was in outer space or not? No, not no, not that no, no, Uh, where's my IMDb little help? Jody Foster filmography? Okay, so it was Jody Foster. Where's my filmography?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Not Eligium, not Carnage, Motherhood, not Flight plan.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't flight plan contact and contact was where like they had the big spinning wheel and everything. So it's kind of like, uh, FIFA met contact to get the trophy. And so we know now or we now know both are both are still acceptable. I think we now know the out for the Club World Cup winner. The Club World Cup gets one hundred and twenty five million bones, biggest prize money for a club football tournament over a seven game format, according to our buddy Bend Jacobs once again June fourteenth through July thirteen, US Manchester City and Chelsea thirty two clubs participation prize pool say that ten times fast participation prize pool? Is that a pledg pin on your uniform participation prize pool? Five hundred and twenty five million dollars. I'd love to know where that money's coming from, considering that the TV contract ain't for five twenty five. So we'll bring in Tyler and we'll talk Club World Cup to start things off and find the.
Speaker 2: Smirk on his face in the green room to start Oh brother, uhh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this morning we find out what the payout is for the Club World Cup for a billion dollar tournament, sorry, an alleged billion dollar tournament, and it is uh it is an adventure for it to be shown on over the air television, but sure it's a billion dollars and the winner of the whole thing ends up getting five hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: Five million dollars.
Speaker 1: Four hundred and seventy five million for sporting performance. This covers wins bonuses for each match, the same for every club, and so there is actually a minimum participation fee for the big guns. According to our buddy Ben Jacobs, Chelsea, Manchester City, Real, Madrid, Bayern PSG expected to receive a minimum participation fee of almost forty million bucks. Then you get the win by win, in the round by round, you get more for winning. You get something. For a draw, you get like, you know, seven dollars and twenty eight cents that you can go to the snack machine and get some stuff forward. You get more for a win, You get like maybe twelve bucks there, and then you get out of group you get more there. You maybe get handed to twenty and so the European clubs for participating, for packing up their lives and coming over here for a month could be anywhere from twelve point eight one to thirty eight point one nine million dollars. Commo Ball clubs get fifteen to enter Conca Calf Calf and AFCON get nine point five five. Ocean You teams get at least three point five eight for walking in the door, two million for a win, one million for a draw.
Speaker 2: I was off by a couple of bucks.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to figure out if I'm a player, how much am I getting?
Speaker 2: What's in it for me?
Speaker 3: That's that's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: What's my payout? Yep, what's in it for me?
Speaker 3: I'll like, if I'm one of the those European clubs, uh huh, I need a million minimum.
Speaker 1: It's like I need a meal. It's like, so what's this worth? What's this worth? What is this worth to me?
Speaker 3: Forget you know, winning a game and having enough money to then go to the varsity. Uh huh, I want enough money to then go and buy the varsity.
Speaker 1: Well no, well no, but see but the thing is, though, if you end up buying the varsity, then it could be spoiled and it would not end up being the same varsity that we know and love.
Speaker 3: That's true, So it din't change nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, but where's the joy in that? If you're sitting there and you've got money, Like, seriously, think about it. If you're if you're like a mega owner of a club, doesn't matter what mega owner is. Just insert mega owner here. And I know that we all have mega owners in our brains that we sit there and we reference in these situations where it's like, I want all the toys. I want to go to FA, I want to go to Sharper Image, and I just I want I want the levitating chair, I want the vibrating chair, I want the lava lamp. I want the remote controlled helicopter. You know I want I want the you know, the the rotating coat hangers where I can sit there and figure out what suit I'm wearing. And you have your own like little laundromat deal inside your own house with that. For folks that want to go into sharper Image and buy all that stuff, you just want to buy it, and you want to sit there and go.
Speaker 2: What can I do to change the menu?
Speaker 1: Nothing, leave it alone, nobody, No, But the menu needs to be changed. Why Well, because I'm buying it. Therefore I want to change the menu to reflect what I want. It's not about what you want.
Speaker 3: It's about what they want those people. But I would change one thing. I'm sorry I did lie. If I if I if I win the Club World Cup or participate in it in any way, and I'll buy the Varsity. Oh, I'm making it mandatory that every person that enters that door gets a little Varsity hat.
Speaker 2: Well true, but here here's what here's.
Speaker 1: What I would mandate if you, if you go to the if you buy the Varsity sign on every door walking in, doesn't matter which branch office of the Varsity you're talking about. Here, here's the menu. The menu you post to the outside, you post it on the glass. So when you are about to walk in, first thing you see is a menu, big sign. Decide what you want right here, because nine times out of seven, there's always going to be a couple of folks who are going to be standing there and literally they're going to be like this, They're going to be like uh huh. And you have all of those folks that have been there for thirty five or forty years and they're yelling what do you have?
Speaker 3: And then yeah, they're just like what do you have? What do you have? And I know you don't know you're freaking doing. This place has been here for one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Hurry up.
Speaker 2: And it's like, I don't this is my first time here. What do I want? No, that's not how this works.
Speaker 3: It's either a dog or some really greasy fries in any rings, like, there's only a couple of options here. I'll tell you what. Ask the guy that has literally worked here his entire life, and he will get you the best thing on the menu. That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Oh uh what to do? See now, I'm promoting what we're talking about here. Uh, when you buy a restaurant, and maybe some soccer, maybe maybe some Atlanta United, but that but always, I swear, there's when you walk into you and you walk into and I say this knowing full well that you know, we have been raised here and we know protocol and we know what to do. But they're always and I'm guessing that we probably should be maybe show a little bit of patience with these individuals who are wandering in for the first time and they get there, you know, they get their uh plastic uh you know varsity server's hat that you know, But if you don't know what you want, just back away, back away from the counter.
Speaker 3: There's like a hundred registers like just back up until you decide and then you can find one that's open. I promise, I promise.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Last year in the I think it was in the preseason, right before the season started, I I had a I'm gonna see if I can find him and I'll share them again. But I had AI create some Atlanta United Cross Varsity.
Speaker 2: So please tell me that you created a frosted orange kit. There.
Speaker 3: There was a frosted orange kit there. And I actually didn't tell it to do that. I got, you know, you give you know the prompt for AI, and it's you Just I wanted it to do its own thing. I didn't want to tell it exactly what to do.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It came up with some some wild ones. Really, I'll see if I can find them and share them.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that there was probably something that's akin to the onion rings and a stack or the fries.
Speaker 3: And yeah, there was a fry one like the.
Speaker 1: Burned fry eyes on the edges and it ends up like it's a white jersey, except it has the burned fries on the edges and on everything.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, A.
Speaker 1: See now the frosted the frosted Orange Varsity kit. That's got some promise because because you've got the peach you know, we we had the Peach Kid early on in the lifespan of Atlanta United. But the frosted Orange kit, Oh, that's got a lot of promise.
Speaker 3: It does you know? While we're talking, I'll have it. Run a frosted Orange.
Speaker 1: You're gonna run an AI frosted Orange kid. Yeah, please post it to all of the media that is social. I know that we're supposed to talk soccer here a little bit, so I guess we should kind of steer in that direction. So that was opening Kickoff Brods by our friends, Kickoff Coffee and dot Com and the Varsity.
Speaker 2: Well do you have so?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, that once again, it's just stuff that pops into our head here on a morning show when you look back at what happened with FC Cincinnati and uh wow, if you want you want AI to do a Skyline Chili kit for.
Speaker 3: Nope, or.
Speaker 1: Or maybe a Hughtie Delight kit. You know, well, but that's the thing. It's like, so what kind of what kind of beer? What kind of beer do you what do you what kind of.
Speaker 2: Beer do you want? Hugh to pole Light? What do you call it up there? Yeah, Hughty Delight what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see I could definitely see a Skyline chili kit for f C Cincinnati out of AI. Uh so then what would you do for Well, for ny CFC, you could probably do a pigeon droppings kit.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not where I was going. I like it because why not crap on New York City.
Speaker 2: That's what they call they call themselves the Pigeons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, like an actual skyline Well, hey, let's go with the pigeon.
Speaker 1: Dropping So you said it's like the Yank the Yankee Stadium U twelve kid or something, and make it, like you twelve size the kit to where it's like a youth small and that's the only size that comes in as kind of a riff on NYC.
Speaker 3: Just making a baseball jersey with the Yankee pinchin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well hey that would probably sell, And that probably would and you'd have to do a Mets version for when they go and play at City Field, and then you'd probably have to do a Red Bulls version for when they go play at SI.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This is true.
Speaker 1: So now that you've had a couple of days to digest, and I know that you and the fan base and the viewership over it to SNS have had the chance to kind of digest what happened with f C Cincinnati and thanks to our buddy own goal getting a point out of it. What are some of your big takeaways now that you've had a couple of days to think about it.
Speaker 3: You know, this was a Going into this game, I thought it has the potential to raise more questions than answers. I really thought, you know, you had you were going to see a lot of potential changes in terms of like where players you know, did really well where maybe they didn't. I thought you had two players that absolutely needed to have a big game because it was a golden opportunity, and that was Ran Chuck and Shonda Silva. Saba getting pushed over to the right. Obviously, that's one of the big big stories. I thought, this is by far his best game of the season so far. But I think as far as like the overall results, I think it's fair, if not a little frustrating. I mean, you you know, you give up a free kick in really dangerous territory, and then to add insult to injury, the ensuing deflection comes off the person who committed the foul that led to the free kick, and it's a goal. It is what it is, though that that happens. I'm not super concerned about that. The second goal by Cincinnati was a little more frustrating because it was just such disorganization by Atlanta United. But then on the other on the other hand, I mean, you had a phenomenal heads up play by cam In Togashi from Sava and then a finish by Lot that was way more difficult than he made it look. So you have a really good goal by both sides, and then you have, of course the on goal at the end to pull the equalizer. That was luck. Both teams have a good goal, both teams have a kind of a lucky goal. Whatever. I think a point is fair for both sides, because I don't. I mean, I think both both teams had moments where they probably deserved to win, and both had moments where they probably deserve to lose.
Speaker 1: You had a lot of absences for both teams, whether it was for injury or international duty or what have you, And for Cincinnati it was less absences, but it was in key positions, or you didn't have den K, you didn't have Miles. Miles of status was kind of up in the air because of injury, having been pulled after thirty and then his traditional sub Teenahadibi. I don't know how Hdibi is going to be in middle age, but you know teenage of dB is on national team duty. So Alvis Powell playing out of position. Nick Hagland, who'd only played a handful of minutes at FC Cincinnati two is being thrown into the.
Speaker 2: Fray at the back.
Speaker 1: So there's a There are a lot of dynamics that play here for a bunch of different reasons, and it came down to those depth minutes and those depth individuals that Ronnie Daila, Chris Henderson, Garth Logerway had the trust in either coming up through the academy, Will Riley coming back as an example of that, Matt Edward's being another example of that, or then finding someone like Toga She who you come in and I don't know how many people have it, you know, compute how heads up a play that is.
Speaker 2: We see it a lot of times overseas.
Speaker 1: In play where okay, you know we got to do something on the rush, and so someone goes in. You're confident even if you didn't touch it. You sit there, you're confident that your's you go and make the throw and then something keeps going. So to gay She, I think did a really underrated thing that we don't see a lot of for whatever reason here in the US, and it ended up contributing.
Speaker 2: To the goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I have been on a like a one man came in Togashi hype week based on I mean I like Tokushi, I really do not. I mean not just because of what he did in this game, but I just think the energy and I've said it on here before, the energy and kind of discipline that he brings is just it's it's kind of refreshing. And I talked about it in spaces and then on Sunday after everything, like when I see a play like that, it's so simple, but it is fundamental soccer. It is something that you know, like coaches try to beat into their you know, ten or twelve year old's heads literally like over and over again when you're a kid, because especially back then, you know when you're that age, you look you're trying to win the game, and part of winning the game might be catching the other team off guard, you know, kind of kind of.
Speaker 1: Not working quickly off us as alpha set piece situation, playing it short instead of taking the thirty eight minutes to sit there and set it up in direct traffic, something like that. A quick throw being assertive in those kinds of situations, all those quick thinking things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I mean, you know, Atlanta and most teams typically they're gonna have your you know, maybe a midfield or full back they could throw in. But it's it's one of those things that if the opportunity to presents itself, take the throw in, like you see. And and also I gotta give credit to him too, because I know, excuse me.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and go ahead and hydrate, go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm about to the throw in. I think there were some people saying that it came off you know, came in whatever, like you don't wait, played to the freaking whistle. So there's another fundamental pick the ball up. Take the throw in because you see that Saba is making a run and you only have one guy standing in front of you. He's wide open. Can't be offside on throw in. Take it quickly, let's go. Don't wait for Brooks Lennon to work his way up there so you can drop the ball to him and then figure it out like no, go Like this is this is fundamental soccer stuff. And it makes me happy when I see a professional player do fundamental things because fundamentals in any sport. And I'm not saying that this encapsulates like Cayman, but fundamentals can make a an average player way way way above average, you know, if you do the fundamentals right, and it's simple. Like the fact that we're having a conversation about a freaking throw in in a in a professional soccer match is is kind of insane because you just don't see stuff like that often, like just heads up play. I really enjoyed like just his his wherewithal to come in, you know, especially kind of coming in cold, not too too long before that and and saying hey, like let's go, and and so I don't know, I just I was really impressed with kind of his work rate. But then uh yeah, just his ability to kind of know when to continue the tempo and continue to push things because there is a time to slow the game down and throw in. That's not the time, and so I thought he read that perfectly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean when you have I mean, think of it like a boxing match. You know, when when you have when you're standing in the center of the ring and you hit that jab or you hit that uppercut and it causes your opponent to go back on their heels a little bit. That's not the time to sit there and go, Okay, I've got him going back into the ropes. I think I'll try and set him up with No, that's when if he's backtracking, that's when you sit there and you chase after you lunge with the straight jab, and you sit there and you try to knock him through the ropes and knock him out of the ring. That's not something where you're sitting there and it's like, okay, oh, what do I do now I've got him on his heels. No, that's when you push. And you got to see that with Togashi with something that is fundamentally unappreciated. I think in being aggressive off of three roll in lake to match, when you're chasing after an equalizer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's it's it's simple things like I mean, you know, fundamentals like I'm gonna keep saying it, but it's just I think it's just refreshing because you don't always see that. And it's not just in Atlanta thing. I mean in a lot of professional sports. You know. I think sometimes players think that the talent is just what can can keep them afloat. But if you take talent and then you combine it with just sticking to your roots and sticking to the fundamentals, like those two things are a deadly combination. But I think so many players get so caught up in the work rate part of it, like the working side of like being a professional athlete, that you go in you know, you get in your routine, you go to the gym, you go do the drills that you're told to do, and sometimes you kind of forget to like think on your own like you did when you were a kid, and maybe deviate from the plan a little bit because it's it's doing something fundamental and almost I think work that out of players in the modern game, and I think that's unfortunate. So it also says something too about Kyman Togashi with you know, he lived in Japan, he played in the j League for so long. The cultural differences there are a part of it, Like you take something in Japanese culture in general. I'm not just talking about soccer, but you take something basic and you do it to perfection. And I know, I feel like we're making a really, really, really big deal about something as simple as a throw in. But that's what it's all about, right It's it's about being aware of what's going on, about having your focus one on the game that's in front of you. And if the entire team would have that same mindset about focusing for one hundred percent of the game, this team would probably be undefeated right now.
Speaker 1: Wallpass Wednesday here on SDHAM and today's Walpass Wednesday is brought to you by the letters Tyler Tyler Pilgrim from SNS here in our number one and Tyler Terren's joining us at ten thirty. Dylan Butler will be joining us at the top of the hour to discuss everything as we kind of steer our discussion to Major League Soccer because of the absences that we had with Atlanta United, that meant that folks had to step up and step in. Matthew Edwards continued to step in and at right back, I mean at right center back. Basically he was part of the center back pairing. He was on the right hand side inside because no Steon gregorson. And then you had Will Riley, whom we've known since his time with the twos. You're sitting there and going, Okay, he's gonna if he continues his progression, he's really going to turn into something. Goes to Stanford, comes back, and by a lot of metrics, the conversations out there that it was by far one of the best starts that you could have seen from anyone in an Atlanta United uniform coming up being a young and having that kind of a start. Will Riley, by the way, if it wasn't for his yellow card, I'm fairly certain he would have had the highest soface score rating that went to SABA by the way point six. Here's all the different columns that Will Riley checked in on other than ninety minutes played, and we'll get to that separately. There was actually an XA. He did have the possibility of an assist eighty two touches eighty two percent passing irony not not escaping me. There two key passes one for three on the dribble nine of sixteen on his ground duels won, his only aerial duel fouled, was fouled five times. Yep, five times. Once again with Suinda Mendoza. That's another topic of conversation. Two clearances, three blocks, four picks, three total tackles and fouled five times. That's hitting it in every single category for Will Riley back in the matchup against Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: I thought, honestly, from the moment the opening whistle blue, I mean we were doing our watch along at the time, so I was watching this, you know, with a handful of people, and he was the one I wanted to focus on. I mean, you always have to keep an eye on the guy that's getting his first m last minutes right. And then of course Matt Edwards, which I got a really sidebar Matt Edwards, like I thought, he actually did a really, really good job. He's gonna get dinged. Of course, the story's going to be about the stupid free kick. But like when you're you know, fourth or fifth guy in line as a center back who's not really a center back, even though he's played it before.
Speaker 2: Have you done this before? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, go ahead, even though you're not supposed to be there. Technically like whatever, I'm not. I'm not mad at Matt at all. I thought he did. He did a solid job, made a mistake, got punished on it. It is what it is, Will Riley, though, I thought he just it wasn't You know. Sometimes you see players come in and their their intro, their debut, and they look good based on I think just the sheer adrenaline and moment. You know, like they rise to the occasion just on their athleticism and their excitement, and they also can make mistakes because of those same things. But I thought Will Riley, I think he did that. But I think he also played very intelligently. He played like a mature midfielder and a calm midfielder, which kind of goes against what I was just saying. But I think like in moments where he needed to make the smoother pass or the sometimes the riskier pass, sometimes the safe pass, just to kind of play out of pressure, he was doing all those things right. I thought that was very impressive, because you know, you tend to think all right first in a last minutes, this is going to get kind of helter skelter, It is gonna get a little crazy. But I thought Will throw to a level of maturity that I don't think people were expecting. I mean, again, we've seen him, you know before, coming up through the pipeline standing for everything else. But I think even by those standards of like people that have seen him before, I thought this was like very impressive by will.
Speaker 1: And you add to that the fact that he gets a yellow card in the twenty seventh minute, in the decisional chaos that was referred to as Rassindo Mendoza in the middle twenty seventh minute, he gets a yellow and I know that there was a train of thought that, Okay, it's his first start, you know, and outside of listening to Ronnie Dila postmatch where diala where coach was like, why would I sub him off, I'm sure that there was that trepidation by folks. Okay, let's get to the half million. Buh has been injured. It looked like Mattea's click started to warm up, but it didn't look positive and so that wasn't necessarily an option. So you you bring in Tokashi is a part of it instead all of these mitigating factors that are there and you're trying to figure out, Okay, clutch change, gears, hit the gas. Okay, we're in second. Now what do we do? Do we put it in neutral for a little bit. He played sixty two minutes on a yellow card in his first start in Major League soccer. I think that you can't sit there and ignore either. You mentioned the calmness that he approached it with. I mean a lot of folks would probably sit there get that yellow in the game state that we were in, and you're like, Okay, was that yellow? Was it orange? Do I need to do I need to back off? Do I need to you know, be less of who I am. Will Riley navigated the extra sixty minutes, got to the half, and then got through the second half, And I mean it was the navigation he had also, I thought was stellar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, And I think that's that's part of it too, Like I mean, should you have had the yellow in the first place, no, whatever, but you got one right, and then you got to deal with and especially you know, a defender, a midfielder having it yellow is a little probably a little more dangerous than maybe you know, a striker or a winger because you're gonna start getting picked on. And as a guy getting his first in last minutes. I think you did see Cincinnati maybe push him a little bit, but I thought he he kind of merged into it well. I thought he handled it very well. And I mean it was just like I said, it was very mature performance. And for him, yeah, to not let the kind of the monkey on the shoulder, yellow card waiting there, you know, kind of whispering in his ear like ha ha, you're so close to a red not messing with him like he was able to, you know, kind of brush the monkey off and say, all right, like we're good. I'm just gonna keep playing my game and maybe play it a little smarter, because I do have to be a little more careful. But I'm not gonna let that, you know, I'm not gonna let myself overthink it into being ineffective as a midfielder. I thought he was still just as effective after the yellow than he was before. So I just thought, like, you know, sometimes you look at like a game state and then you look at a player's game state and it kind of does you know, a wave from the heartbeat or whatever. I thought will in the best and I mean this in the best possible way, it went up and then he flat lined and it was just good, you know, it was just a good, steady performance all the way across. And I thought, I just I was truly impressed. Bob, I liked it a lot.
Speaker 2: The Sign of the Times si n Yeah, Sign of the Times.
Speaker 1: And keV c in the twitch pitch is mentioning how it is not the easiest task to keep a.
Speaker 2: Evander in check. And you had.
Speaker 1: Once again Tristan mulliam Baugh, who was out after forty You're having to navigate, Okay, what's the assignment, Who's going where? Who, what's the spacing? How are we doing all this? You mentioned Matt Edwards. Well, Riley is you know, right there in the heart of all of that discussion, and you have all of these folks that have been called upon, you got tapped, you're in, and I think you navigate it.
Speaker 2: Well, let me go.
Speaker 1: So now that we're on Evander's thought pattern here, let me let me check. And with Evander, by the way, he ended up with two goals, a nine point eight on SOFA score. I don't know, I didn't know if that was possible, but okay, nine point eight, two goals. But your XG plus x A, your your x output was only a point six eight, But you end up with a goal off a deflection on a set piece and then finding space while folks are trying to figure out, okay, do I mark, do you know? Do I push? Do I press? Evander finds the space and gets it into the net. So four shots on target, two shots blocked, the other two technically go in. One of five on the dribble. I think that speaks a lot to the defense for at Land United. One of five on the dribble, eighty two touches, eighty two percent, passing, two key passes, only one cross, two long balls. On the day, he only wins half of his duels. He was nine of nineteen lost both in the air understandably, so nine of seventeen on duels on the ground, which I think is interesting. Twenty times twenty two zero more than nineteen not quite twenty one twenties where you split your hand. Twenty times. Evander had possession taken from him by a Land United defense in that game on his eighty two touches, so that's basically twenty five percent of the time that there was a touch. Evander loses possession from Atlanta United's defense. Three fouls on the day. He was fouled four times, he was offside once, he had four tackles, and he had one time where he was dribbled past. So that's the numbers for Evander and they still give him a nine point eight because of the two goals on the board.
Speaker 3: The scores are so skewed.
Speaker 2: We so let me see here why yes they are.
Speaker 3: Let me see because I'm curious. We you know, when we do our our postmatch like our Sunday show or reaction show.
Speaker 1: Reaction, Yeah, I want to hear from you, we.
Speaker 3: Use fat mob okay, for no particular reason, but we just do. They gave him a nine point two.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I just think you know, we're going back to Matt Edwards as well. You know there's twenty times that he was dispossessed or whatever it was. Matt Edwards was the reason for quite a few of those. Yes, And I thought it was interesting too, you know Avander was. I mean, he's playing as your traditional you know, attacking midfielder. He's getting involved. I mean in that part he did really well. Of course, he conversed the chances great. I mean, he did those things right. But after I think it was after the first goal, yeap, especially Matt started stepping way higher up to kind of go after Evander. And I haven't watched the second goal back enough to like determine exactly where it all went wrong. It definitely, you know, there was a some miscommunication there, but I thought like he he made it a point after that first goal to kind of put a little bit more pressure. And I know a lot of those dispossessions came from him kind of getting in Evander's face. And you know a guy that is technical as him two to you know, be one of five on the dribbles and get dispossessed so many times. Like that's like you said, that says a lot for Atlanta's defense. And and and again, Matt Edwards had a pretty good game minus the one really bad acts.
Speaker 2: What did fot Mob give Matt Edwards?
Speaker 3: By the way, fought Mob gave him.
Speaker 2: Because Sofa's care went harsh and gave him a six point four.
Speaker 3: Well, Fought Mob was much harsher eight wow. Okay, he was unfortunately the lowest rated Atlanta player. The lowest rated SENSI player was Powell for obvious.
Speaker 1: Reason six point five here on SOFA score. But uh, Pedro Amador was rated lowest on SOFA score to six point three. The back line for Atlanta United, just for comparison's sake, Amadora six to three, Derek is six point six, Matt Edwards with the yellow card dropped to a six point four, which to me means that if he didn't have the yellow he'd probably be like a six six or a six seven, and Brooks Lennon a six point five. So the lowest on the back line was Amador according to SOFA score.
Speaker 3: Uh pop mob, I mean, of course, like I said, Matt with the five point eight and Amador at a six point one, so he's pretty low. Then Williams at a six y five, Lennon at a six six, and then Brad Guzanne getting totally shafted with a six point two.
Speaker 1: Six point eight on soface score. So Brad four saves on the day, one punch clear, two saves from inside the box, fifty two touches, fifty six percent passing twenty five to forty five, eight of twenty six on long balls, two clearances for Brad on the day that gave him six point eight for SOFA score in the rankings. But another topic that I wanted to discuss with you. Was Saba on the right, and then because of the absences that we had with Atlanta United, that meant that you still had a lot of your veteran presence up top. Latte a Lot obviously with a goal that I'm thinking, I need to go back and look, but it was pretty blank and close on the second one that was waved off, and that meant that you had miran Chuk, Latte Lot and Saba with Shande on the left hand side, and because of Shandei on the left, I think Saba, don't I don't recall a whole lot of overlap with Shanday and Saba. I thought Saba stayed at home most of the day. Is my memory right there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so and so Saba staying on the right hand side.
Speaker 1: Highest rated player according to SOFA score with a seven point six causing all kinds of havoc on the defensive left with Angele who once again in the color of your Own Adventure h foul calling and rule book Lucas Single got an early yellow and I was saying, okay, run at him, run at Lucas Single now now now now, now, literally, I'm like you know Mickey telling Rocky to go left handed in Rocky two, now, you know, And so Saba punches a seven point six active on the attacking right and making sure that Nick Hagland, who hadn't had a whole lot of minutes an angle on a yellow, really couldn't step out to challenge for fear of picking up that second yellow or getting fouls in the bad spots if your Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that that was always going to be kind of one of the keys to this game, right like for both teams, like go after the inexperienced guys or the guys that are playing at a position or whatever. I mean, no, now, yeah, you have to Saba and the entire right side I think just was lights out. I thought they were really, really good. I mean, we've thought about Kayman Tokushi when he came on. He got screwed entirely on fop mob by the way, one percent he got a six point two. I'm not happy with that at all. But you know, I think there was a lot of link up, a lot of connection on that right side, and then on the left side, I feel like it was almost null and void. It just didn't it didn't really happen for Shandi and maybe part of that is due to Pedro maybe not having the best game, and uh, you know, I think there's something to be said, maybe maybe Ammador with Riley kind of drifting over there a little bit, and then Silva, like those guys have had zero time together at all, So I think that there's definitely something to be said there. I just I wanted to see Shanday just step up a little bit more, you know, and like really grab that that left wing position and and make his own again. And you know, it's not that he had a terrible game, he was just kind of not not as effective, not there, like I think everybody wanted to see him, yeah, especially because like you know, during the week he talked a lot about you know, I mean, this is his opportunity, this is his moment, you know, to kind of get back in. Of course, edone's out for a while, but you had your attackers. It's not like it was the previous year's traditional trip to Ohio where you have no attackers and then maybe one like Sean Day. You had your target man, you had your other gual on the right, you had your number ten playing like you had opportunities to make something happen, and it just wasn't an effective down the left. But I think Saba, I think that right side just connected really really well. In the future, you just have to be a little mindful of not letting that become the main way that you attack, because then it becomes predictable, right Like, you've got to do it down both sides, you've got to do it through the middle. So but Saba a best game of the season before.
Speaker 1: And we got the news yesterday that right now it looks like Tristan is out for three weeks with a sprain and a strain.
Speaker 2: That's not the pair that you want when you're playing. You know, when you're playing.
Speaker 1: As an athlete, you don't you don't want that kind of a you don't want that kind of a pair when you're playing athletic poker. That's not the kind of pair that you want, a sprain and a strain. So you're looking at three weeks, which once again presents opportunity.
Speaker 3: Ah co host, Yeah, she's leaving, so she wanted to come say by you say bye.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: You got got some voice out of her today.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Peace out girl, Scout but I mean it's so, so what what does what does the boss think? What does the co host think about what happened with Tristan being injured, out for three weeks and now creating more opportunities.
Speaker 3: Say, that's not good for Tristan.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, well that's that well I think I think I got it. That's not good for Tristan out. I thought that's what I heard.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, it's frustrating from Tristan's perspective because he's kind of been in a resurgent, you know, a couple of games. This has been an opportunity for him, and he's he's been really solid, I think, And I mean you saw it when it happened, right like he made the tackle and then he went to go get up, and he kind of got up like at a weird angle, and you just knew when you saw it, like, oh, you know, at first I thought was his ankle.
Speaker 1: I thought so too, because I thought he reached for a different ankle than it was, like the left ankle and the right knee.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, that's not a good combination.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep. And then but I think, and then when you're you're sitting here watching him get carted off. It's like, that's that's never a good sign. So, I mean it's frustrating. Thankfully, this team does have midfield depth, if they've got any depth for sure, And you know, I think you've got guys that are they're coming in and you're not missing a whole lot, Like they're bringing their strengths, but they're not really exacerbating any weaknesses. I think the midfield to me, has not been the problem at all for the team this season. It's actually been pretty solid in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you look at what we've seen when Mattea's click has been healthy with bart and his relationship with Click, and Tristan embracing what Ronnie Dila wants him to do in those positions, Jay Fortune continuing to evolve. So I mean you're looking at that group right there and you're like, yeah, okay, at one hundred percent, I'm digging that group in the midfield and what Ronnie Dila wants them to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I think, yeah, I think one of the focuses this year coming into the season. You know, and Dala, I'm not saying that. Dallas stated this I'm kind of just based on everything we saw in the preseason, everything that we did talk to Dyala about, going back to the Chattanooga game, play the ball forward, stop playing the ball backwards. I think you're seeing maybe a little bit more of some of these more attack minded midfielders being told like, hey, take a few more risks, play the ball forward, play in the guy. Like you have attackers up top who are really really good and really really talented, play to them. Don't always play the safe ball. And I think, like especially a Tristan Mayamba, when he came in twenty twenty three, that was a breath of fresh air because it was like, oh, look at him. He's mobile, he's everywhere. He's you know, playing the ball forward. He's trying to play the connector does it always come off perfectly, No, but he's at least, you know, making those passes forward. I'd much rather you turn the ball over when you're playing it to your striker then when you're playing it back to a center back. So this has kind of been like a couple of games of him just being really solid, and I think at the end of the day, like three weeks for what we saw on the field is actually not that bad, because I was very concerned it was gonna be much longer. But then, you know, I just hope it doesn't ruin. You know, his his kind of flow that he had going on. But then the rest of the guys, you know, I mean we talked about Will Riley. Do I think you're just gonna automatically see him get tons of minutes? No, But I think like that was an amazing showing and it shows a lot of promise for him to develop, you know, going forward, Slish is coming back. I've seen a lot of Bartek Slish criticism. I don't know, man, I just I think low Ki he's probably been one of the better players in the field this season. I haven't had a problem with with Bartek. And then I think click, Like when he came on in this game, I actually thought he wasn't the best. But also he wasn't supposed to maybe play as many minutes as he did. He's coming off the flu, he's coming off a quadricep injury. Like you know, so if you're getting what you're getting out of you know, injuries, uh, players being out, you know, players maybe playing it half of their their capacity, like whatever, take all these factors in in the midfield is still not your problem. That's a good sign.
Speaker 1: So yes, I would stipulate to that. And by the way, a note from Mike Conti. We now know the man in the middle for the match against NYC on Saturday. We know that Kyle Atkins is your var and the man in the middle for the Pigeons and the Five Stripes. However, Philip Duyitch, yes, the man in the middle.
Speaker 3: I hope we get another one.
Speaker 2: Oh man, my favorite.
Speaker 1: Oh that is just that that's out there. So Philip Duyach the man in the middle at Mercedes Bens on Saturday for Atlanta United and NYC, if you would please circut the promo for me. Let me know what else is going on at Scarves and Spikes and what you guys have going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there, seven o'clock tonight, we'll do the live show. We'll be talking about the diala Derby that's coming up very nice, and we.
Speaker 2: Will have.
Speaker 3: Tyler Herron's opposite. Kendra des Saint Auban is going to be on with us. Okay, she'll be joining live from from taking her daughter to soccer practice like she did last year with us, which was a go. But yeah, no, it's a will have a good show and then I'm I'm actually not going to be there this weekend. I'll be, you know, keeping eye on the game, but I won't be at the Bens. But yeah, we'll just we'll be doing our normal coverage. We'll have things coming out and then yeah, check out the website.
Speaker 2: Website, what's on it? Yes, what he said.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will have another excused absence as well on Saturday because the Boss bought an anniversary present.
Speaker 2: Huh that requires my presence.
Speaker 1: Because if you buy an anniversary gift on only wanting shows up, that's not really good for him.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that tends to not work out so well.
Speaker 1: So yes, so we are going to have a We're gonna have date night on Saturday for anniversary because this particular event was scheduled before the MLS schedule came out and so this is like non negotiable.
Speaker 2: Here's where it is.
Speaker 1: It's an anniversary president, So we're gonna we're gonna have that on Saturday. So I'll be, I will be I will be doing this as well, uh, you know, at the at the venue, kind of keeping an eye on things. As we go, but uh, as always my friend. It's always great to see you. Great to spend the midweek with you and all the variety of co hosts that you have at the studio to studio to Pilgrim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and coming to get her two cents.
Speaker 2: Then, hey, nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: I mean she knows that it was it was bad news with uh with Tristan. So no, it's a that's good. We get that kind of insight from the costa day Pilgrim. It's always good. Good to see my friend. Will catch up soon. You know, you can crash it any time.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Man, there he goes, and so that's a Tyler. Tyler's gonna go get hig and have his coffee. He's gonna go do his thing. And uh, he's probably gonna go racing out to the driveway and sit there and wave it folks on the way out.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like, yeah, we're good to see you, thanks for coming into the studio. That's that's and I'm gonna, you know, do my thing.
Speaker 1: So uh, Kesey's been in and once again Kefsey had an excellent point as well, involving youngins Oh oh okay, all right, so Tyler has done a public service and now he has shared the varsity kit. Oh oh see that is fantastic. That is fantastic. Go to atl Pilgrim on the two hundred and eighty character app. Oh good lord, it's a cream sickle kit. Well it's a frosted orange kid. Who am I kidding? But no, that looks the numbers are a little you know, a little dicey because they look like some of them are upside down.
Speaker 2: But no, that if they did that for a while, warm up Jersey.
Speaker 1: Oh, they could charge like nine thousand dollars and people would get that. Oh that's fantastic. Oh my god, that's great. KEVC bringing in the point about everybody else that is also getting minutes. Also the point with kefs once again for the U twenties, Luke Brennan. Knowah Cobb, DCQ all getting minutes with the us U twenty national teams in the U eighteens as well, but yeah, DCQ getting minutes, No a Cob getting minutes, got starts. Luke Brennan got a start, and I think he had a goal in the tournament early on, this early on, less than a week ago. So yeah, Luke Brennan knowah cob DCQ all getting minutes for the us U eighteens and U twenties. So that's also definitely a part of it. Will would buy the varsity and make the burgers bigger, and what you want to do, you want to keep them the same so people buy more burgers, maybe offer four packs and six packs or something like that. That's maybe what that's maybe what you would you do something like that. But yeah, no consensus when it comes to bart and recent matches played forty five against Gibraltar and had a yellow. But that's the thing I think that uh, that you look at someone like with like Bartik Slish and you're seeing, Yeah, you're you're seeing a more physical side. He's not afraid to mix it up, not afraid to get in the piles, not afraid to sit there and let let everybody know what he's thinking.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Also the Chu Chu Darby in the Open Cup April second, Yes, Uh, the back and forth there we mentioned Chattanoogae f C. The fact that they're playing Red Wolves at Fort Finley in the next round of the Open Cup. As we mentioned with Kaylor Hodges yesterday, that will be an adventure an absolute adventure. Chattanooga FC, Chattanooga red Wolves, next round of Open Cup. You want to talk about dividing the section of the Southeastern United States, You get that divided, all right?
Speaker 2: Our number two and it's.
Speaker 1: Time to bring in our traditional hour number two person, Dylan Butler hanging out with us at MLS Soccer dot com. And Dylan is lighted. You've got lights on in your set? Sound I need to hear you.
Speaker 4: Sorry, it's literally just the sun. It's just natural lighting.
Speaker 2: Oh literally, Okay, I thought that.
Speaker 4: You No, I didn't bring in the special No.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't know if you had a key light or a fill or anything you had you had a key over there in the studio to the Butler.
Speaker 2: But no, that's natural lighting.
Speaker 4: Serial natural lighting.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, now that you are naturally lighted, yeah, uh coming up, And I'm not gonna I'm not gonna. I'm not gonna waste any time.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a NYC coming down here to take on at Land United next time around, and and NYC away from a home and I guess I can include both venues since they've played at both Yankee Stadium and at other places not named Yankee Stadium this year for home matches. They score at home, but they don't score on the road. Is it just as easy as sitting there and saying, okay, it's a you know, it's roadies and things like that, and it's always tougher on the road. Or is there something to it where there's a hiccup in the system someplace and they've got to reboot the engine.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I don't, I don't. I mean, look, they went to they went to Columbus right last week, and they were under pressure for so much of the game. So credit to them to get not only a point on the road, but also a clean sheet, which I think it was their first one in fifteen matches. So you know, not that I need to tell Atlanta folks about how how important clean sheets are because uh, because they've also obviously been conceding goals. But yeah, listen, I don't, you know. I think it's it's just it's based on the match, and I think you know that they will I would suspect again be put under pressure by by Atlanta. I think, uh, you know, it's the it's the Ronnie Daila. You know Darby if you as will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 4: But but it sounds like to just from from from you know, I don't know. I mean you you're you're, you're, you're uh ground floor of this. But I guess you know some mixed reactions to his Atlanta to start.
Speaker 1: I guess, well, but and I think a lot of it has to do with the uh, the pressure of expectation. I think a lot of it has to do with that, where you're going, Okay, we know what you've done. We know that the front office has spent all of the all of the denaro that they have and bringing in all of this talent. You drop twenty two in Latte lot and he's tied for third and MLS and scoring. But then you have all of the other dps that you're spending money on, you bring them to tayas click. DC United got fleeced because they had to. They had no choice in the matter.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Literally, the way that I've phrased it is that Landy United went to d C and was like, well we got a pack of Marlborough Reds, we have some singers, and we've got some big league chew And the front office for DC was like, yeah, okay, because they were they were over the financial barrel and pretty much had to take the sofa pizza that was being offered by Landy United's front office to take Mataya's Click off their hands. And they're still responsible for all of that, or for most of the salary for mateyas Click. And so the ex expectations of oh, okay, you're bringing him a taus click from DC. We know what he's done in the past, Oh, latte lot, We've seen all the highlight videos in the huddle tapes of what he did at Middlesbrough. Uh, all of these all of this money that's been spent in bringing folks in Garth Logerway now and Chris Anderson, Okay, it's it's their club. They it's we see what you're doing. This is yours. You're putting your stamp on it. So that pressure of expectation in adding in all of these pieces, I think that that's that's got to be a big part of this. It's like, all right, this is your club, we see what you're doing. All right, now it's time to boogie. And so, you know, the the idea of Ronnie Dilly coming in as new head coach. He has a philosophy and I and I understand the impatience. But at the same time, I would sit here and go, it's got to have time to cook in game state. It can't just be And this is what Daila has said. It's like they've known each other for like two weeks, I mean two months, been together for two months trying to institute a system and a four two three one which we really have never seen before formationally out of the blocks, you know, when when the whistle blows, so that all of these new things that have to come together, combined with the pressure of expectation, I think is where you're coming from here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they're in a better you know, even though there was the results haven't been what fans would want early on. I think, uh, I think you know, I think, you know, just a little bit of patience for for for for folks in Atlanta. I think, uh, you know, considering the the roster and the investment made and and you know, I liked we talked about this before. I've liked Ronnie dila As when he was a coach at n CFC. So you know, I think, uh, I think, you know, there's thirty clubs in MLS. I think there's probably maybe half of those teams at least that that kind of wish they had Atlanta's problems right now.
Speaker 1: What is your best Ronnie Dla's story from his time up NYC to describe the kind of individual that he is and the kind of coach he is and what he demands from his players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I'm gonna be fair with you.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 4: So that was, uh, that was at the tail end of like of of where I would be like going regularly to the training and and and be out at their complex every week. But if you remember, like I went, that was right at the start of COVID. So I went to they had a pre season thing in the city, like a media day where I where I got to kind of hang out and talk with them. I thought it was a really good dude. They played a they played a Champions League at the time match at Red Bull Arena, and that's when everyone was like looking at texts like wait, Tom Hanks, what what COVID? What is going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then the world shut down. So after that it was everything was virtual. Everything was zooms. So you know, he was he was unfortunately and I felt so bad for him, right because he had just moved here. He was living uh, he and his wife and child, they were living over in UH. I think they weren't hoboken across the river. Uh, and he was he just wants He's like, I can't wait, It's gonna be great New York City and then everything shuts down. So so I felt bad for him in that sense. Uh, you know, and then obviously, you know, it took so long for things to open up again. But he was on you know, I guess that unfortunately, you know, I, you know, Vieira and Christ before him, and Domain, like I had more of a personal relationship with them face to face, like in person than than than Ronnie, just because of you know, a global pandemic.
Speaker 1: It's a little thing called a yes. So from your interactions virtual and otherwise, how was he different from the predecessors there and dealing with Domain and Jason Christ and Patrick Vieira, How was he different? And how long did it take everybody do you think up there in the tri State to get adjusted to what Ronnie who Ronnie is? How he wanted to present things and philosophically, what was the level of patience from what you could gather.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean one thing I like, one thing you know I did like about him is his honesty. Like right away, he didn't pull punches with his players, you know, so if there was something he was upset about, or a certain player he was upset about a certain way they were playing, he called it out straight away, like it wasn't you know, he wasn't concerned about egos and situations.
Speaker 2: Like you know he was.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 2: You know, he.
Speaker 4: Held everybody accountable for sure, so but also like you know, in a different way like he was. You know, they all had their own things like you know, Vieira was uh, you know, just like that kind of for lack of a better word, like that, you know, sophisticated, you know, European, like you know, just we went out to uh some French restaurant, I think in Manhattan after one of the seasons he had. He had some of the some of the reporters out and stuff, and uh yeah, it was it was funny because like they brought over food. He's like, no, no, no, you know, what.
Speaker 2: Do you have?
Speaker 4: You can make this right? And and uh I like yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like we're gonna have that you guys are gonna try this, You're gonna like it, so you know, and then you hear the stories like when he left, you know, getting buying staff like you know, watches and things like that, Like just a different kind of guy, don't domein was the was you know, drinking wine and and and listening to jazz, going to jazz clubs in the city kind of guy. And and and Ronnie, you know, like he seemed like that guy that you probably really you know, have enjoy a couple of beers with, right Like, but again, didn't didn't have that opportunity. But I but it's you got the sense that the players definitely enjoyed playing for him. I think they also enjoyed his honesty as well, right Like, when when you're a straight shooter, you know, like you know exactly where you are, where things stands, You're you're not worried about different messaging. You know, he was pretty straightforward with all that.
Speaker 1: And that was the phrase that popped into my head when you were breaking all of this down, was straight shooter. Yeah, And it's it's interesting to hear him in his press conference opportunities discuss Okay, you know, we need to be open and honest, and at the end of the day, if there are things that have gone wrong in a match, he's going to be the first person to stand up and sit there and say, Okay, then I need to look at me as well, because it starts with me, and I need to look at me and how just as much as looking at the players and how things were implemented, it starts with me, and I've got to look at myself here. I thought that was refreshing as well.
Speaker 4: I one hundred pent I agree. I agree with that.
Speaker 1: How rare is that these days where you have a manager's coaches whatever, sit there and say, first and foremost out of the blocks, all right, it's Harry Truman buck stops here and it's on my desk, and if something's wrong, I'm going to openly sit here and say it starts with me, and that's where we got to look. You know, you don't see folks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you hear it, well, you do hear that phrase, but it's almost like a like a tongue in cheek way they say it, you know, like I think back to you know, maybe some like Caleb Porter talk where you know, he'll say, you know, I guess, I guess I've got to do better or you know where he's not like straight up saying yes, you know, the buck stops at me. It's like, uh, you know, so you hear a roundabout way of some managers or coaches saying that, yeah, I got I have to coach better, you know, like it's on me. Like ultimately it's you know, it's a what's the what's the other cliche? It's a it's a results based business.
Speaker 2: Result driven business.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So that's a dollar in the jar if ever there was. I mean all the literally, if if you reference yourself in third person, it's a fiver. If a reporter does the how does it feel without acknowledging that you're doing that, you're asking how does it feel?
Speaker 2: Question?
Speaker 1: Out of the blocks, and you know, because I literally will sit there and say, I know it's a dollar in the jar by asking this, but how does it feel to do blank? So because I know instead or you know, talk to me about talk to me about this.
Speaker 2: Well, no I don't want it. I'm just waiting for that.
Speaker 1: Like Nick saban as a as a coach, I would have well, I would have wondered that one day well, coach talk to me about Well, no, I don't want it.
Speaker 2: I'm just waiting for that.
Speaker 4: That's phrased by the I never ever say, talk to me about. There's a good friend of mine is like a like a legend in high school sports broadcasting up here, my quick and that was, uh, he teaches broadcast journalism and that's like his biggest pet peeve, Like don't ever ask the question with talk to me about like just you just don't do it. So like when you say that, like it's like fingers on a chalkboard and hear.
Speaker 2: Him it is.
Speaker 1: It is When we look back at the week, that was how many more questions have been added to your dossier of questions so far? Are and has anything been reinforced coming out of the week, because oh, we haven't talked about we haven't talked about what happened in Montreal with what happened with Laurent Courtois. I went on a bit of a rant about it yesterday.
Speaker 4: Was it in French?
Speaker 2: I wish?
Speaker 1: I mean, if there was a French translator available to us here.
Speaker 2: At the network, I probably would have would have welcomed it.
Speaker 1: But you look at what's going on with Courtois, and everybody I think is pointing their finger once again at Joey Saputo, who is turning into George Steinbrenner if he hadn't already been George Steinbrenner.
Speaker 4: And when is he just gonna go ahead and take over?
Speaker 2: Like well, I mean to coach, well, who's gonna want that gig?
Speaker 1: Because of what we continually see out of c F Montreal and more specifically Joey Saputo about managers and things. It's like literally, when you win your twelfth match, that's when he grows tired of you and then you're gone. Who in their right mind is going to go and coach at CF Montreal that isn't already on the staff, that wasn't let go when Laurent Curtois was was let go to go oh and five out of the out of the blocks. Kefci, you are not wrong yet, KESI, you know, busting out the French. You know not wrong. I mean, I'm not going to I'm not gonna repeat it. But for those on the video side, it would have earned us our explicit rating, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: But who's gonna want that gig?
Speaker 1: You're oh and five your first seven are on the road because you can't play at the Big O because the umbrella's busted and you'd either have to bring in grass or you'd have to play on that nineteen seventies Welcome Matt imported from Riverfront or three River Stadium, and it's you're on the road, you're oh and five, you run out of gas in the fifty something minute and you get thumped. You're oh and five, you get impatient, you fire your manager. Who wants that gig?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 4: I don't know. But it's unfortunate because it's such a great city, right, it's one of my uh favorite road cities in MLS.
Speaker 1: Great crowds. Dot Suputo traditionally a really tough place to play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, you you have that that kind of club partnership with Bologna and in Italy, so you know you can you can get some loans there the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you figured that that cross relationship. That was the easy part with Bologna is like Okay, I'm gonna loan you to Bologna or I'm gonna grab somebody from Bologna. I mean, it's a multi club model.
Speaker 2: I get it. Yeah, that's gonna be there.
Speaker 4: But you're right, it's uh the owner of that.
Speaker 1: How much ish are you willing to put up with as a coach, knowing at the end of the day, what you may want, you're not gonna have happened because of the folks looking over your shoulder.
Speaker 2: The dude looking over your shoulder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think ultimately it's it. It's the it's the it's the MLS assistant. I guess that wants to get head coaching, you know, get get take that next step into head coaching. I suppose maybe or you know a guy that coaches youth or or academy or decon division like somewhere else that wants to. But you're right.
Speaker 1: You know you had Tierryan Reed, you had Wilfred Nazi, and you scared both of them.
Speaker 2: Well, you didn't scare them away.
Speaker 1: You basically they basically were just like, yeah, I'm out, fam, I ain't playing with this. And it's just I mean, to your point, it's gonna have to be someone who is gonna sit there and see the opportunity for what it is, look at the brass ring and go, yeah, I need to I want to. I want a head coaching gig on my resume. I can put up with all the ish. So you're gonna have to have a strong personality going in, and you're gonna have to win the press or have a strong personality. Know that you're gonna have to put up with the owner who's gonna be constantly chirping in your ear. He probably goes to the same ownership classes as Jerry Jones. And and you know what, George Steinbrenner, did you know, It's like, it's just to me. It is a great city, it is a great football town. But you have to put up with the ish of this owner. And I've just you're gonna and I said this yesterday, and I will remind me. I will remind folks again. You have two more matches on the road, and it is Chicago and it is.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, who's the other one?
Speaker 1: Uh? Hang on, but I but what I said was I said, if if c F Montreal wins either of those two matchups, then I will drink diet doctor. I will drink diet mountain dew.
Speaker 4: On the air, it's Columbus.
Speaker 2: Is the other one? Columbus? Thank you?
Speaker 1: So it's Chicago and Columbus. If you get full points in either one of those matches to avoid going your first seven without a win, I will drink diet mountain dew in the air, and people know how repulsed I am at diet mountain dew.
Speaker 4: I mean, considering the clubs there, I think you're in good shape.
Speaker 1: Well from your lips. I mean, it's just you know, from your lips to on high. But it's just and you probably could barring something unforeseen. You know, when you get that run of home matches, when you're back in your building because of the snowfall that is finally being pushed off to the side and maybe dumped inside the big o' because nothing else can go on in there, you're you're right in the season off. I would think after the first seven matches, I would say, wouldn't you are you done? Or because there are nine you look for nine and you figure out what the difference is.
Speaker 4: I know, I mean it's a good argument. Again. You know, whenever there's teams that are trying to climb up from the bottom, I always try to ask the follow up question, which is and who's dropping down? And you're you're you're not seeing that you're seeing improvement from from teams that have been around that same area. Chicago has made improvements this year. Charlotte appears to be taking that next step forward as well, right into into probably the upper tier of the East. We've talked about Atlanta before. They're going to be better. The two New York's are gonna be good. Cincinnati once they get you know, they are any center back back, they're gonna be better. So yeah, so like so to move up, someone has to drop down. And I don't see anyone else. You know, it looks like it's, uh, it's the Canadians right now combined, you know, Montreal and Toronto that that are destined to to be well below that table.
Speaker 1: Oh well, and then I mean Toronto since since we're talking about since we're talking about Canada, I think Van Vancouver to me is the stunner of the three where and for the good reason that they came out of the blocks. You dispose of Vanny Sartini, which to me was a shock. And I think Vanny's I think, just chilling right now staring at the boats going up and down the Western seaboard. And you bring in a manager and everybody's like, oh, I don't know about this, but your offense didn't change and he hasn't messed things up yet. So Vancouver to me was the shock out west, but in the east Toronto where you had fans who were expletive deleted referencing in sigie, you put him in the lineup and then you end up getting some offense. But Robin Fraser is in just as tough a situation, if not tougher, just because of the the mishmash of a mess that is there in Toronto FC. One of the good guys in the league, and he's stuck too.
Speaker 4: Yes, he certainly is, and it's through no fault of his own, just it's it's the cards that he was dealt right, like it was, you know, here's you know, they were so top heavy on their offster with you know, multiple year deals that Yeah, it's you know, it's hard to kind of climb out of that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 1: That you look at it and you're going, man, you've got all this, you have some talent here, there's some firepower, but it's like, I don't know, it's like make trying to make a dagwood sandwich with everything that you've got in the fridge that you're trying to make sure that you use before the expiration dates all sit there and unify on you, and you sit there and you have the sandwich, and you take the first bite of the dagwood and you're like, what did I do here? That's what that looks like to me. It looks like a dagwood sandwich with an expiration date that just passed. That's Toronto for me? Who else? Who else is on? Who else is on your ish list? Right now? When when it comes to issues, the issues in the ish list for you coming out of week number five.
Speaker 4: Coming out of the week, well, New England didn't play, so they didn't lose.
Speaker 1: True, And uh, the the NWSL franchise has a new name, by the way, that came out this morning.
Speaker 4: I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: What is Boston Legacy FC.
Speaker 4: The Legacy o FC.
Speaker 2: Of course, Boston.
Speaker 1: Legacy FC, so that they are no longer a Boston Nation they are now a Boston Legacy Okay, And uh, I mean, San Jose, we kind of knew what we were getting. I think you're gonna score a lot up You're going to score a lot of goals, or you're going to give up a lot of goals. We've seen both sides of that so far with Bruce Arena.
Speaker 4: It seems like that shine maybe came off them a little bit right it it came out, it was like it was early and people were like, hang on, you know, like who have they played.
Speaker 2: And what do they do on the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now it's a little bit more back to reality, it seems like.
Speaker 2: For them, Yes, just a bit.
Speaker 1: But no, I think that if you're for fantasy, I think you go for their offensive players and you don't.
Speaker 2: Touch their defensive player. I think that's the big thing here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh what else is going on with you and MLS Soccer dot Com and bylines and things that we all need to know about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, more of the same for for MLS. You know, we're gonna have uh CCC coming up right around.
Speaker 2: The corner Conka caf Hemispheric Extravaganza.
Speaker 4: Yes, so that'll probably Actually I think I'm not on for those, which is a positive because I think they're like super late starts.
Speaker 2: Okay in the week. I'm right there with you, okay.
Speaker 4: So and actually it was funny. I was telling my wife, this is not involving anything of significance here, but well.
Speaker 2: This is the morning show so you're all good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, as you know, I'm a big Rangers fan and has not been a good season for them. So they played last night in La right ten thirty eastern start. So I'm driving home. I had my first lacrosse broadcast of the year of the of the spring last night and Hassett and Shore them waiting River. So I'm driving home listening to the first period of the game. And I get home and like, my wife's a big Islander fan. She'll stay up for those West Coast games.
Speaker 2: About that.
Speaker 4: Not yeah that well, you know, not me though. I just I'm like, all right, time for bed, So wake up this morning. I'm like, oh, let's see how they did. They lost three to one, and it's almost like you're like, oh, thank god, I didn't see that, right, Like I'm happy I missed that one. Like, you know, I got to sleep, which was good.
Speaker 1: Well, as always, my friend, it's great to see you, and do not be a stranger.
Speaker 2: Come back it.
Speaker 1: You know, we be back next time and we'll talk. Well, I want to talk Sam Rosan. I want to have a Sam Rosan discuss. At some point we got to We've got to talk about the greatest so yes, uh with with you and we'll discuss stuff about great play by play voices. So my friend, you know, you can crash it anytime. It's great to see you, and uh go get hydrated and enjoy your natural lighting there in the studio space. Yeah, cheers, all right, see you know what's the mug? Oh Saint John John's Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Gotta get into that. We'll get into Patino too. Enjoy your caffeine.
Speaker 1: We'll see you soon, all right, say it, all right, that's a tag out all right now. In the in the beez, we always talk about the hot tag. You know, there's always the face in peril that's getting beaten up in the corner and he finds a way to sit there and duck under all of the right hands and he finally gets the summersault and he makes the big dive and he gets the tag, and you get the fresh face, you get the fresh energy coming in rock and roll. Express used to have that a lot. So Dylan has tagged out and for the triumphant return. I don't have I don't have trumpets. I don't have a trumpet fanfare. But it has been quite some time since since this show is being brought to us by the letters Tyler that Tyler Terren's has been on the program. And so now what we do is we tag in and go hot tag Tyler. It has been entirely too long, my friend. Great to see you, Welcome back to the Morning Show.
Speaker 2: I can't even.
Speaker 5: Remember the last time that I was on the show with you, but I'm glad to be here. I'm pumped to talk some soccer and I'm pumped to come back to the atl and too.
Speaker 1: The Bens no doubt about it. So, like I said, it has been entirely too long. And what we what I have told the powers that are with the with the league, it's like, look, anybody that we invite in, they now have that studio link. So if they're bored in a hotel room Friday, because literally from Friday, our ten o'clock hour on Friday is mass hysteria where we preview everything. And so literally now that you have the golden key to come in and hang out at any time. Literally, if you're in a hotel room, board out of your mind in the ten o'clock you can come in, say your piece, duck out, and there's no repercussion oh, Tyler, and he said something it's like I'm out, then you leave, so then you do the Irish goodbye. So that's all good. So you now have the golden key so you can come in at any time.
Speaker 2: I love it, and I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: You must be reading my mind or at least you've been talking to too many MLS season past people, because getting bored Friday in the hotel room is that is way way too.
Speaker 2: Much of an occurrence recently.
Speaker 5: But no, I love it, and I certainly am going to take you up on that because I love just being able to pop in on these sorts of shows and really dig your show. And yeah, I'm certainly going to take you up on it.
Speaker 2: Excellent sir, We thank you for that.
Speaker 1: All right, So what since this is your first time here this season, let me go and we'll talk the GBU, the good, the bad, and the ugly and the different. So what so far for you in this season classifies itself as the good, the bad, the ugly. And I was talking with Dylan Butler from a soccer dot com and the ugly already is in Montreal and the difference. So take the gb UD and address if you would please, sir, what is sticking in your mind after the first month of match days.
Speaker 5: So the good I mean, I think that you immediately gravitate towards one team in the East, one team in the West. That's Bradley Carnell in the Philadelphia Union. I don't think anybody really thought much of this group and sort of what he was going to be able to do with him. But if we know two things about Bradley Carnell is going to bring a lot of energy and he's able to operate on a tight budget, and that's what you need in order to succeed in Philadelphia. And then obviously the Vancouver white Caps, and I was fortunate enough to be on the call for their second leg win on the road quote unquote, you know, in a different stadium because Matterrey got pushed out of their own stadium for a Shakira concert. And Yespra Sorenson, hits do not lie. Okay, this guy is a pleasure to talk to. He used to work in the media and he clearly has this team cooking in some type of way and were able to, you know, get a result before the Chicago loss with some guys injured, and they've been really really fun to watch.
Speaker 2: So those are the two good. The bad, I.
Speaker 5: Would say is a team like Toronto. I would say a team like I don't know the Portland Timbers, even though they just picked up a win over the weekend, and sort of trying to figure out exactly what they are. And then, as you mentioned, the ugly, I think two Canadian sides cea of Montreal and then Toronto as well. I saw Toronto on the road against de f C Cincinnati that was one of the worst Major League OCRA sides I've seen rolled out in a long long time. And to be fair to Montreal, I actually think that everything that's gone on so far this year is no is no fault of Lauren Courtoise, is no fault of the players to not invest in a DP transfer since twenty fourteen. Is put out by our good friend Tommy scoops Tom Bogert over to give me sport. That is truly the ugly and God bless all of the coaches who have come through, and that's twelve coaches now going to be in fourteen years on Montreal's existence. They are quite literally doing the Lord's work to be able to, you know, take the job and say yes and know that you're probably gonna get fired within eighteen months regardless of what your results look like. Unless you're Wilford Nanci. I don't know who would say yes to that job at this point because it's a death sentence.
Speaker 1: I think you, like I said, you get to twelve wins, no matter how many matches it takes to get you to twelve wins. That seems to be the marker for Joey Saputo, which is MLS's version of Watford. Literally, that's what popped into my head. It's like, you're Watford. I get it now, and you used to be Wolves, but it's Watford. Yeah, And it's just it's mind blowing to me because it is it's a great city, it's it's a great soccer town. It's a great football town and Statsuputo when it's rocking is a difficult place to play. But now, and this has been part of the discussion we had yesterday when it was announced and when Tom Bogert came on the Birthday Boy and he announced it, and we looked at on social media and everything.
Speaker 2: Who's going to take that gig get to.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, you had Wilford Nanci and you had Tierry on, you had them as managers.
Speaker 5: Now you just who's gonna take that game. But to be fair, to be fair, Tierrianrie left because of personal reasons. Said it was during COVID and a strange time in the world, and we're not gonna fault him for that. And I will for Nanci certainly saw the writing on the wall that's painted with Joey Saputo, you know whatever on it. And he ends up taking a great job in Columbus and has the backing and the resources, and that's a huge step up, even though it's in our own league. Now you're left with this crazy situation and like you look up and down the roster and they're like Prince Owusu, a guy who wasn't even supposed to start in Toronto, is your big off season get I mean, like, what are we talking about here? I was talking to the French commentators for MLS season pass of Frederick Lord and Vincent Vincent de Touche, and Vincent actually wrote a book it's only in French unfortunately, on c F Montreal and the history of the club, and chatting with him, it's just like, you know, that's the team that they quote unquote you know, follow around at least from a commentary standpoint, and it's just like, it's just truly unbelievable to look at the lack of resources and the lack of investment from the club. And I'm not even talking about John, like, I'm not even talking about just money, but just flat out like knowing what it takes to be a good sports owner. And I've seen plenty of owners in this league who have been too patient and don't get rid of the sporting director and don't get rid of the coach and don't do the right thing. But this is just like it's too much, man, And Vancouver deserves to stay in Vancouver, and they deserve to have an owner who's going to want to be in charge of that club or whatever they're going to sell for. And I hope that they stay at BC Place, and I hope they stay in British Columbia or maybe they can get their own stadium. BC Place is a different story. But for montrealog, You're just like, blow the whole thing up, man, I mean, this is crazy at this point.
Speaker 1: Literally, you look at Montreal sadly and you go bruh, Literally that is the is the poster child of BRUH Right now, when you're looking at what's going on, uh all right. Part of the reason that we have you here is to discuss what's going on with Atlanda United since we are based here. Even though we are you know, we look at ourselves as a national content. But when you look at Atlanta United, the investment, this is Garth's and Chris's club. They brought in Ronnie Dila. What did you think about the off season changes As you have a team trying to understand what Ronnie Dila wants them to do in game state on a weekly days.
Speaker 5: I'm still trying to figure it out. I mean like when I when I saw the headlines coming across and everything like that, I sort of was like, okay, Like I don't want to say this makes sense, but you're putting some good pieces and success, some successful pieces in Major League soccer into place for what should be a banner year for Atlanta United or or you know, at least on paper whatever that means. The Ronnie Dila higher itself I've found to be interesting, not because he's not a good coach, but just because of where he's been and sort of his steps going to standard Liege, maybe not necessarily having the success that he wanted to and then taking the other job and now coming back to Major League Soccer, and I was just sort of like I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the conversations and the people who interviewed for that job and then how they came to the how they came to the conclusion on Roddy Dialub to be the best person to put in charge of this project at this point in time with the club, anything Garth touches typically turns to gold. So like I'm not I'm never going to question arguably like the godfather of the front offices and in Major League Soccer, And still so much to sort out in terms of what this team is actually going to look like. And I'm sure we'll get into that. But like my first it wasn't a head scratcher necessarily. It was just like I would love to like hear the conversations and Ronnie Dila, you know, I was a huge fan of the football at NYCFC was playing, and you know, and keep in mind that that was a group that hadn't gotten past the conference semifinals in five straight years and then he brings them to an MLS Cup and wins against the good Portland side on the road and we'll never forget, you know, the late goal and the whole thing. But yeah, just very very interesting higher and very interesting makeup of this group. And in terms of previous MLS success, you.
Speaker 1: Add latte a lot coming in from Middlesbrough for twenty plus. You add that to the mix where you have an Alexi Mirunchuk, you've got Saboo Jenize, you bring in a mateas Click, and like I said, I made the joke earlier in the show that basically you go to d C United and it's like I got a pack of Marlborough Reds zingers in a packet of Big League chew and DC's like okay, you know, and that's what you end up and they still have to pay most of Mattea's Click's work.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're getting a.
Speaker 1: Lot of pieces assembled once again, mixing with what you got from the academy and all of the younger players that are here, and they're hitting on some pieces and I think that there's a lot of intrigue about Okay, how long is it going to take for all this stuff when healthy to get together and then what's it going to look like?
Speaker 2: In the anticipation there is obviously huge.
Speaker 5: It's huge, and I think that the probably the frustrating thing for Atlanta United fans is going to be there's no there's no date on this on when it's going to come good and if it's going to come good. I don't think that it's an if. I do think it's a when. And kinder d St Auburn and I, my broadcast partner, having this conversation in the middle of the Sporting Kansas City LAFC game. Because Sporting obviously are off to a bad start, I would throw them into the bad category as well. And I love Peter for me, He's always great with us, and I do wish that club success because I think it's an important club in Major League Soccer. But we were talking about how like, when do you really start to look at the sample size and at what point during the season do you say, Okay, this is what this team is all about. And I wanted to say probably Week ten, But Sporting Kansas City was a good example of how you can't do that because two years ago they went winless in their first ten and then they end up being the best side of Major League Soccer from May fourth until the end of the season, knocking off Saint Louis in the postseason. So for Atlanta, I'm looking at it and I'm like, Okay, I was like thinking about it today while I was cooking breakfast. I was like, Miguel Almron, why hasn't it looked like it should for Miggy playing on turf? Getting used to playing on turf again. I mean, and I'm not saying that my men's league in Cincinnati is any comparison to Major League Soccer, but I was playing It's not. It's not breaking news, it's just not. But we did we do have a plus fourteen goal differential through our first two games. Ye shout out to real associate dads in Cincinnati. But I like playing on turf comparatively to playing on the playing on whatever surface you're gonna play on in the Premier League. I think that that's something he's gonna have to readjust to. I think that the front line in the front four in particularly because you invested so much money in it, Atlanta fans are going to be impatient, to say the least, if it's not going to come good in the first several weeks, but I do think that that's going to come good at some point in time when I have no idea, but like being patient with that, getting Brooks Lenin healthy because I do think that. I mean, like, look at the goals that Latte Lata is scoring. Like Brooks Lennon is one of the best delivers of the ball in Major League soccer, you know, like maybe a step below Julian Gressel, but you just got to give him time. You got to give everybody time to figure it out. And like John, for the life of me, this international window in March, like five weeks into the season, like just oh god, I'm so sick of it. And I'm it's just so I don't get in trouble. Greg Borhalter is the one who's you know, was going on record and saying it, just like why are we playing in this international window?
Speaker 2: He said it, he said it.
Speaker 5: I didn't. I'm just I'm just sticking with triple G here. But it's just like it, what what a frustrating you know two weeks because it's because we have no idea what the player availability is going to be for those guys who are coming from com the boll who are coming from all over the place AFCN, and it's at Afcon two weeks without some of your best players and getting punished for having international like just miss me with that whole thing.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but it's just it's tired. Well.
Speaker 1: And to your point about Miguel al Marone, there's always the self imposed pressure of returning and being the idea of the prodigal Sun, where he's someone who is as loved and as admired as he was in round number one. He goes to Newcastle, has all the success, wants to come back, and there's always that pressure on the inside about okay, I'm back.
Speaker 2: I've got to I have to perform, I have to produce here.
Speaker 1: And I think that to your point about playing on turf as part of it as well, but I think that just that self imposed pressure that the rail as sociodads have as well, try to keep that goal difference up. I'm sure that the pressure is there and it gives him a you know, his own little bit of odditive that he's got a work pass.
Speaker 5: I couldn't agree more And and I don't know if that's necessarily an excuse, but more so just a reality. And I think for Miggy, you know, he left in such a strange time in terms of like the transition of Major League soccer, and like he's been gone for what four or five years, Like major League soccer has evolved into another era since he's left. So I think that getting maybe getting used to a slightly higher level of play, getting used to the turf. And I see the comments in the chat that like Atlanta's turf isn't like anybody else's turf, but no turf is like actual real grass every single weekend in the Premier League. So I get that, But but I'm with you. I think that there's a level of that. And right now, what do you guys have two goal scorers in in Edwin Mosquera and and Latte Lot Like nobody else has scored a goal up until this point. So you got to get everybody clicking on, you know, and get the confidence right because there is so much expectation behind this team. There has been a historic amount of money invested into this front line. Of course, that's going to come with pressure, particularly in a league where you know it's meant to try to sort of bring you back down to reality where you're not able to invest in other parts. But Atlanta have clearly done such a good job. And Garth, you know, put his magic wand on this whole thing. So I only think it's a matter of time.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 1: I just have this vision now of him with the top hat sitting there and he's a wand over the top and he tops the hat. You know, to your point about Sporting Kansas City, how does you know? And I've had this conversation on the show before, where how does Peter Vermes have a conversation with Peter Vermes about Peter Urmes?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Is is it in a room with two chairs, kind of like Judge Smails and Danny Noonan where he's in both roles. Yeah, it's it's it's something along those lines.
Speaker 1: Peter, Peter, Peter, we need to have a talk what about Yeah, Peter, we need to have a talk about you. And he just runs from one seat to the other to have the conversation. That's the only thing I can figure.
Speaker 5: Well, there's one more voice in the room now, and that is Mike Burns, who theoretically is the sporting director. I'm not exactly sure what the hierarchy looks like. Of like if Mike technically answers to Peter, if they're on the same playing field and they both answer to the ownership group, I have no earthly idea.
Speaker 2: I went behind the bar.
Speaker 1: Basically, it's like, yeah, I have a talk with you, and it's like dodge, let's do yeah over here.
Speaker 5: What I do know is that they haven't won since mid September. What I do know is that Children's Mercy Park is not nearly as full as it should be. What I do know is that there's groans from the crowd when they are running through the same pattern of play over and over and over again and not be able to break down back lines. What I do know is that this group should be playing better. And I'm not just saying because of the money that they invested in. And if we're going to go with the same logic of Atlanta United, I'm going to go with the same logic as Sporting that it is going to need some time. And I would have to imagine that Peter Formies has not been given a long leash, but at least there is a leash, right because you can't invest the most amount of money if you've invested in the club since twenty twenty and then get rid of him at the first sign of danger. Who's going to take a little bit. But again, Kindred and I were having this conversation, does he change formations? Does he mix it up a little bit in terms of their approach? Do they really need to have the ball seventy two percent of the time against LAFC, a team that you knew was going to sit in and just try to hit you on the counter. Probably not, because you could have played one hundred and eighty minutes of that game and you weren't going to score. It was just one of those nights. So that one's ahead scratcher for me in terms of how long that ownership group is going to wait to potentially fire a guy who's been there for seventeen years and not for nothing, John, but he just made his seven hundredth appearance, either as a coach or a player. He is an institution within that club and to get rid of him is a delicate matter. And I hate to say that, and I know that, Like I'm a big Liverpool fan and a lot of you know, fans will sometimes get upset at the fact that we don't treat legends the right way at Liverpool, but they clearly are doing the right thing in terms of setting themselves up for success with the future of the club and now with Sporting Kansas City and how embedded he's been, not only from a coach, sporting director, minister of culture, whatever you want to call him over there.
Speaker 2: It's it's a delicate.
Speaker 5: Manner if you are going to move on from him, because he has been Sporting Kansas City for so long.
Speaker 1: He is the minister of kwan at Sporting Kansas City. All right, So I'll ask Trent Alexander Arnold to Real Madrid.
Speaker 2: What's your gut?
Speaker 1: Oh he's gone? What do you what do you think now that he is out the door? And uh Arnest Arnest Lutts has proven that he's okay, he's alight in the Premier League. But losing Trent Alexander Arnold, what is that? What does that do to your starting eleven per se? Or are you just going to throw more money at a problem bring somebody in.
Speaker 2: No, I think that you start Connor Bradley.
Speaker 5: You obviously need some death because Joe Gomez can't stay healthy for the life of him. And as long as we don't lose Verge. I'm even okay, okay losing Mo at this point in time, and I think not okay with it. I've I've come to terms with it. I've sat with it, I've meditated on it, you get it. I've cried over it, Yeah, I've. I've I've the loss of Mohammed sala already in my head, sort of like Roman from Succession. I think that I've pre grieved, but like I'm probably gonna be a mess on the day that his transfers announced. But anyway, yeah, I Trent, we can live without, right, I do think that from a set piece and that big diagonal ball which has become such a big thing of Liverpool's and the metrics behind that, but we need to keep Verge. I consistently think that Verge is the most important player, not maybe necessarily the best player on Liverpool, but the most important player to what Liverpool are able to do in the Premier League and Champions League.
Speaker 2: How underrated is Selman keller Her between the sticks? Underrated?
Speaker 5: But like I was arguing with somebody on serious six M the other day, they were like, Kellerher should be the starter for the rest of the season. I was like, don't for a second think that Allison isn't the best goalkeeper in the world. They just happen to have the best number two who would start on two thirds of Premier League teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And so I think that.
Speaker 1: When you're on a team that is as great as the run that Liverpool is having right now, you're gonna have those dudes that when you're you got to step up because once again the expectations there and the novel the four knowledge is there that we know you're good. So you know, in the Gummy Bear Cup competition, when we need you, go ahead and you know, do your best, whether it's you know, a second a second leg where you know it's a blowout city and you're okay and you just take care of business and everything's cool.
Speaker 2: I know we're up against it with you. Hit the promo for me. What's going on on your planet with you?
Speaker 1: And by the way, Kendra d Saint Alban, that's all one word last time I checked, right, yes, the whole thing. Yes, it's not just Kendra or Kendra beat d St.
Speaker 2: Alban. Literally it is one, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Hit the promo for me, what's going on obviously on the call for Atlanta and NYCFC this weekend, I'm gonna be with kendry D Saint Auban God, bless you, thank you very much becausez intit and we will be on MLS Season pass. Uh.
Speaker 5: I've got Cocka Cap Champions Cup coming up with Fox Sports one second week of April, doing second leg of Materrey against krus Asoul and or not not Krussool? God?
Speaker 2: Who am I thinking of? Is it cru as well?
Speaker 1: I don't know right, it's up right hand section of the bracket, right, sure, something like that. Yeah, I've got two weeks. I got two weeks to be able to prep for that. It'll it'll, it'll come to me at some point. My brain is still mushed with first round of US Open Cup action and those one camera shows for Portland Hearts of Pine and such. But no, you can find me at TA and Terrans on Twitter and Instagram. I don't post all that much, but if you want to go do it, go ahead.
Speaker 2: By all means. It's probably gonna be dog content at.
Speaker 1: This point in time, well, dog content and monopoly content on the IG the grammar of the insta or whatever the kids call it these days, but it's a Klubamedica and cruise us SOLDI.
Speaker 2: There you go, ye, there you go in the quarters. Yeah. But anyway, Yeah, it's been awesome. John. I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the show, and I am most certainly when I'm bored Friday night, maybe maybe this Friday, and when I'm in Atlanta because my one friend who I was supposed to hang out with he bailed on me to go to a wedding to.
Speaker 2: Believe that selfish Was it his own or is it someone else.
Speaker 5: Somebody he doesn't even care about? And he's just like, I'm going to go to this wedding. And I was like, all right, I guess I'll just hop on John Show.
Speaker 2: Again on Friday. Hey, that's what we're here for. Uh so we need to So then we need to get you eating recommendations. I guess yes. Please. Hey, look look I have I have.
Speaker 1: Listened and seen the broadcasts where you have gotten into discussions about food.
Speaker 5: So I know that food is a major topic for you. Yeah, what you've heard me talk about ice cream nachos before? Is that what you've heard me talking about?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: And then there's also did you hear about the s'mores nachos and Huntsville No, Huntsville City is unveiling I think twelve hundred calories worth of s'mores nachos this season in MLS Next Pro. I swear to god, it looked like one of those hot dog eating competitions where you get the sixth the six foot long hot.
Speaker 2: Dog and you've got to eat it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, you know, Kobeyashi and Joey Chestern are like na fam not happening. And so in Huntsville, No Lie, Huntsville City Football Club and MLS Next Pro has s'mores on nachos.
Speaker 5: I'm frightened interesting one or the other. I'm cool together not so much, But are you are? Have you had ice cream nachos or how do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: I can?
Speaker 1: I can have one of the but not both. See I had the ice cream nachos. And apparently, apparently because I only got to Chicago in twenty twenty when they moved from Sea Geek to Soldier Field, supposedly, the ice cream nachos at Soldier Field are far inferior to those at Sea Geek Stadium. I've never had the ones at Seakeeke Stadium before. But I'm like, it's ice cream nachos. You take a bunch of salty tortilla chips and you throw an ice cream Sunday on top of it. How much better could it possibly be. I'm just like, I still don't think it's going to taste good, and it just it's like how I feel about, you know something, Skyline Chili has actually been kind to me, and it's going to ask yeah in Cincinnati Skyline Chili. Yeah your name, Yeah, yes, I guess. But like it's deemed as I can notice Steak and Shake and get it chili three way.
Speaker 2: No no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 5: See, that's you're gonna get in trouble with stuff like that. I would never say something like that ever, because I people, people know where I live here, people know where I live here, and I can't I can't just say you can go get it in Steak and Shake. I am pro Skyline Chili. The only time that I've had it and that I enjoyed it was after a few beverages at a Cincinnati Bengals game, watching Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase link up for like three touchdowns. I think that that's when you're supposed to have it. I'm not gonna go and get it for dinner tonight, but sure it's it's fun.
Speaker 1: I mean Skyline chili and some Hutie Delight and you know, or maybe go to the Sunset Beach Club off of the UC campus and modulate.
Speaker 5: I don't know, and meditate on Mohammed Salah potentially leaving Liverpool.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yes, the belly full of Skyline chili.
Speaker 1: Man, that's just like nine thousand calories staring right at me, and I would have to actually go out onto.
Speaker 2: You see, my playing days are long gone.
Speaker 1: I'm good at standing on sidelines and ranting and gesticulating and looking like I'm actually saying something of impact.
Speaker 5: Are you ranting or you yelling or is that a nice way of saying that you're you're barking at officials or barking at people who you enjoy watching play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there's no real rationale behind it. It's just you know, I'm cutting I'm cutting a heel promo basically on the side. You're sitting here and just like doing this kind of bit and the center reflix A mean is like bruh bang you know, shut.
Speaker 2: Up, you know one of those kind of things. I see.
Speaker 1: That's that's how I would be in a situation like that. I could, I could have the skyline, but you'd have to have the Hugy Delight or the whatever, and you know, work at that. Well, like I feel like I need to plan my whole week around the skyland, like the following like thirty two to forty eight hours after I had that. And I'm not saying it's because of the alcohol, but like I was, like I had a different gym regiment like at it because I just simply couldn't be put in a position where like my body was getting ramped up too much if you feel what I'm saying. Not to get too graphic, I know there's a family show, but anyway, yeah is it? When is this a family shit?
Speaker 5: When you give off a family like patriarchal vibe, you just seem like the guy at the head of the Thanksgiving table who's gonna make a nice toast before we all dig in. You're a middler, as Larry David would say, You're somebody could sit in the middle of the table and chat with everybody.
Speaker 1: No, this like an I am a Sternum poker if ever there was. Oh boy, I'm literally the guy that goes like this. Yeah, and just because that could be a good thing, I'm not. I'm not going fat head and it's here on the set. Doesn't mean that I'm the that I'm a middler. But I'm not saying you're like Ted Lasso Hunky Dori and everything's filled with rainbow and butterflies. I'm not saying you're that guy. But you bring a lot, You're you're a glue guy in the locker room. You're gonna keep everything together, even if you're gonna poke basically everybody at the table.
Speaker 2: I'm the glue guy in the locker room that encourages chaos. Yes, sometimes you need that guy. What what well? What happened? I don't know. They just they went off on a rant. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: I was just there.
Speaker 2: They started talking. I let them go. That's just how it was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then the coach asked you, hey, hey, John, can you can you reel them back in now? Like, I know you did your whole bit, but can you can you bring them back to the planet.
Speaker 1: No? No, No, it's like they're on their own boss. You know, I tried my best and they they went off and they're running. I mean, that's just how it goes, all right, So you need what probably barbecue recommendations.
Speaker 5: Sure, uh whatever, whatever you think that I should be going to eat on a Friday night in Atlanta, just give it to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, then we got to work on that. So okay, tell you what if you come in and crash on on the Friday morning in the ten o'clock hour, we'll go over this. So you've given the audience a couple of days to think about it. Deal, so you come back in in the ten o'clock hour. Who whatever else chaos is there, will go over all the other matches. We'll talk at Landy and night, and we'll talk about food choices and how much time you have on the table. You're looking for a good you're looking for a good brunch on Saturday before you head to Mercedes Bend.
Speaker 5: Look, nothing nothing heavy, nothing heavy the day of the game. We can't be doing that, John, you know, and you know why, yes I do. Even though even though the bathroom in the booth of the Benz is right is right in the booth, we just can't. We can't be having those sorts of problems if it's the Houston Dynamo at Shell Energy Stadium. Pal Okay, now we're talking. That's a wholes of a different color hell. There's a reason we call it a hell and a shell. Sir, Oh my goodness, I mean like the empty gatorade bottles. And now when you have a female broadcast partner, you can't be doing that. Like when I was working with Devin Kerr, I could potentially get away with that in the sweltering heat of the summer in July, after I went for a run for whatever reason and I drank seventeen gallons of water, and it's like halftime. I got three minutes I can execute, we can get it done, or Devin can cover for you in a false sure and he's acting as sort of like the partition between me and the rest of the universe. Now as a female broadcast partner and God blessed kinderd Saint Auban, but we can't be doing this nonsense. So anyway, I don't know how we got here. This is a family show.
Speaker 1: I apologize this whole family show thing that you're talking about. I know not of what you speak sir. By the way, we have an intruder. My dog has decided, oh he's not getting enough. Intention all, we see an open door, and yes, there you go, there's John. This is not a family show. No, I don't know who misled me on that well. And also, by the way, here underneath the left hand table is the rowdy man, and he's in charge, and he is owt he is out interesting. He is the guard who's in charge of it all. And so once again you see how the show degrades. I am the king of the tangent. Literally, I'm like, oh squirrel, you know, I'm you know, that's all good.
Speaker 5: All good hosts have a healthy, if not debilitating version of Addabilitating is probably the worst. By the way, what is what am I seeing in the chat? Because because I think I might be headed to the airport to the ten o'clock so bomb biscuits on Highland and Fred's Dylan Butler. See, okay, you're gonna have to stop right there with the chetik notts. It's cheese steak, Fox Brothers barbecue. But I can give you other barbecue.
Speaker 2: David.
Speaker 1: David is giving you Fox Brothers barbecue. Can give you another couple of barbecue joints that can add. But it depends on your uber range and your travel, So that is, are you renting a car or are.
Speaker 5: You uber now ubering? And I don't really like to go further than like ten or fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know why. I just like it's just the rule that I have with the hotel.
Speaker 5: By the way, why are we recommended cheese stakes in a city other than Philadelphia Because I grew up in Jersey, my dad went to my dad went to a college and in Pennsylvania, in Philly, and like I'm a I'm a true cheese steak kind of guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't say it, don't be like this is different, don't do it.
Speaker 1: No, but we do hear in town have Woodies, which is from Philly. Woodies is a Philadelphia based, an origined cheese steak joint.
Speaker 2: At launch, though you.
Speaker 5: And I both know that those things don't travel. Just because the place in Cincinnati says New York Bagels, it ain't New York Bagels. And that's I'll tell you what. There's anything that I'm struggling with living in Cincinnati, it's it's the pizza and bagels.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't do it, and then their best deli with their sandwiches. It's just not I can't. I can't do it. John, I'm from Jersey originally. I just need to go back where the water is pure and where and by pure I mean like what.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say pure.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you no, but the water in New York is actually the cleanest water in the United States.
Speaker 2: Did you know that? I was not aware of this. It comes there's the longest tunnel. Listen to this.
Speaker 5: The longest tunnel on planet Earth is actually the pipeline that they have running from the Catskill Mountains ah running down into New York City. So it's really just one off water and it's fantastic. But anyway, Okay, so aggressing I.
Speaker 1: Would recommend so Fox Brothers, I would say, is a part of the discussion. Fat Mats for barbecue. Okay, so fat Matt's Ribshack. Go hungry for both of those. But yeah, we can definitely get you oriented when it comes to food. And so Friday would have to be the heavier meal of the two. Saturday would have to be something brunchy, probably Martins for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Or somewhere in there.
Speaker 1: So okay, so we've got forty eight hours to think about it or forty fine, we'll be fine. We'll figure it out. So if you're crashing on Friday once again, that'll be the main topic. Where does the man eat?
Speaker 2: Deal?
Speaker 1: And so go, spend time with Go, spend time with Nala, and definitely keep an eye on things. Great to see my friend. Don't be a stranger, and we'll see you whenever you crash, and if it happens to be in forty seven hours, so.
Speaker 2: Be it all right. Appreciate you, John, great family shown.
Speaker 1: Yes, I look, get out Tyler. Terren's putting up with the nonsense here in the morning show. And uh so, now here's what I think.
Speaker 2: I think. I think that Nala opened the door.
Speaker 1: If you noticed, Tyler was in his studio space, he was in the he was in the studio to Tyler, and then all of a sudden, you see the door open. Nala has a fantastic sense of when it's time to go out, time to go your guest spot was only supposed to be twenty minutes. We went sideways with it. You were there, you're sitting there, You're over time. You went through the first ot period, the first fifteen minutes. It's time for the coaches to to recongregate after the first fifteen to get ready for the second fifteen. Nala's like, nah, fam, we're done, You're you're out. Time to go out for a walk, dude, that's you know, and like and and I can see Tyler in the green and he's still, you know, he's still kind of hovering and trying to see what else is going on here for the last handful of minutes here on the show. But no, it is mass nonsense hysteria. And we try to talk a little soccer. That's just kind of how we work. But no, I think, I think once again, much like the rowdy man under here, who is literally rowdy, came in at about nine twenty and he's got a bed under the table. For those unfamiliar, he has a bed under one of the tables here in the office. He's just like, I'm out, you know, you move. I hear the leather chair move. Then I know it's time for me to get up. And that means either food or a road trip, one of the two. Time to go outside. That's how Rowdy's wired. He hears the leather shift here in the office and he knows it's time to boogie. Nahla opens doors. That is how talented she is. She opens doors, I mean no, And the thing is, she didn't even bang on the door. It's just like I'm gonna open the door. The door didn't make any noise. She was stealth about it. I mean seriously, it took me a second to realize what was going on because Tyler is in his studio and you can go back and watch this on YouTube later, and this is me recollecting what we've just had happen. So literally, Tyler's in his in his space, he's in the studio to Tyler, Nala open the door, like no, no sound, no nothing, no creaking, no like dark shadows, noise, Friday the thirteenth, stuff, nothing. Literally, she opens the door, comes around from the back and I can guarantee you she's off to Tyler's left, and she's like, you know, literally, she's like Saba of Janizza.
Speaker 2: Literally she's like this, it's Nala time out. We gotta go.
Speaker 1: Literally, that is how I perceive what happened at the Costa de Tyler in the studio to Tyler, so you now have forty seven hours to figure out where Tyler is going to eat, what he's going to eat. Give him as many suggestions as humanly possible. Oh oh, Frisbee time. I was not aware of this, and Tyler's in the DM chat he says, frisbee time. Okay, now I get it. Go spend go, spend time with knowledge, Go go, go Frisbee, Go Frisbee, have fun. An elite scene out Tyler. I'm tempted to bring Tyler in, but I know that Nolin's gonna get mad because once you're in the green room, until you either do an Irish goodbye yourself or I dump you, you're still there and you can still have conversations. But it apparently she's an elite athlete. There goes Tyler. Okay, apparently a frisbee time, an elite athlete in Cincinnati. So once again, full credit to Tyler for hanging out for as lung as he did. That's crazy, absolutely nuts. Okay, gossip brooming and you w indo what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it? Before we come back here to eleven o'clock and we get to let you know what's going on on the high School, ranks Field trips to both Metdter and Jefferson as a part of the show and efforting others, said David correct Murphy's in Virginia Highlands, Lazy Lazy, Betty Micheline recommended near downtown Poppy's Cuban.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so you know Fred's cheese steak.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I would go Woodies if you're gonna go cheese steak because it is actually Philly cheese from Philly. So that's where we are. But yeah, we went off the rails in no shock. But it's good to have Tyler Beck as a part of the the cadre of folks that can come and crash it at any time. All right, So now gossip, brumerd and you Windo what to do? Athletico Madrid interested in signing Christian Romero from Spurs. Everton set to begin talks with Jared Branthwaite over a new deal. United Only are going to pursue a summer deal for Branthwaite if Harry Maguire leaves. Arsenal set to offer Gabriel a new deal to deter interest in him going to Saudi Arabia. Real Madrid also interested in William Saliba, the center back partner at Arsenal. Arsenal joined Liverpool in the race to sign nineteen year old Netherlands defender Joel Hatto from i ax I Tolanta put an asking ice of fifty million pounds on Adamola Luckman. I'm made interest from Manchester United. In Newcastle Villa have begun talks with Bubbacark Kamara over a new deal. Barcelona's buyback clause with Francisco Trencow, who has been linked with Manchester United, Arsenal and Newcastle ended in June of twenty twenty four, so he's free and clear to go and wander as he wishes. And Crystal Pallaceer progressing in new talks and talks over a new deal for Oliver glosnermid interest in our from RB Leipzig Now What to watch or to watch it? How to watch it once again? Our friends at Soccer America with the full grid today on a season pass. MLS Next Pro at ten and ten thirty activity out West Ventura County, Dynamo Dos Timbers two in the town, MLS Nextpro, dot Com, Crown Legacy and OCB at seven o'clock. Women's Women's Champions League on his own USA one forty five at Leon and Byron Arsenal and Real Madrid at four and on the three it was at four o'clock this morning Brisbane and Melbourne City for our buddy I am who might have been missing a little touch of home light. Again on Thursday, there's some action in League One on Paramount Plus, Liga on the ESPN Plus and then once again Women's Champions LEA.
Speaker 2: That's your Thursday.
Speaker 1: So once again you've got less than two days to figure out what Tyler is going to do for eating and that'll be fun to carry all of that stuff through. So once again, thanks to Tyler for dropping back in and being a stranger when it comes to anything and everything going on here on the Morning Show. Thanks to all of you folks. I'm trying to see if there's any headlines that we might have missed. Once again, we talked about the big headline and the paydays for the clubs that are going to be in the Club World Cup. News from US Soccer this morning. Within the hour, US Soccer and CBS a multimedia rights agreement for twenty five and twenty six for the Open Cup All Open Cup matches are going to stream live on Paramount Plus from the third round to the final select matches airing on the CBS Sports Network and Golosto Network, So keep an eye on that as well, and so once again keep an eye on all the news that's going on. We're definitely going to be keeping an eye on everything going on around the clock. Tomorrow, once again we catch up with our friends from the Marshall Islands, Lloyd Hours Technical Director and find out about the Outrigger Cup that's bat and lead off Nina and Nico the Power Hour and Hour number two, and we're heading to Perry for Warner Robbins and Perry and that is going to be on the network tomorrow Tomorrow afternoon and evening Warner Robinson Perry the double header that is Thursday. So coming back a little less than an hour, we're going to talk high school stuff and we're gonna do that with Molly McCarty, the head coach at Jefferson, and we're also going to find out what's going on at Meta and track down a bunch of folks and find out what's going on when it comes to soccer being in session presented by our friends at Kaiser permanente. So before we get out of here, let me say hi to everybody that might have joined an hour number two. I know that Shooter did, and he's a hot He's a hot mess having to do with New England Revolution. I'm hoping that we'll caught up by playing the show at double speed.
Speaker 2: So let's see.
Speaker 1: There's Shooters, rant, there's KEVC. Yep, we mentioned Boston Legacy FC, so we'll see what happens once again, Shooter going off on rants and the CF Montreal dismissal. We had a thrasher's reference from Derek. You did remind me of Bob Hartley, Bob Artley, Bob Artley getting dismissed after first and full of matches. Listening to him talking was like listening to Boom Boom. Jeff Frown was so awesome. Love Bob Hartley. And yeah, first division title on a playoff berth and then you end up with a slow start and a quick trigger. Morning Loakeville, Bam, Good morning from sunny Los Angeles. Well done, Bam is only three hours behind in set A sixteen ahead. Richie Williams is available, nice and then the Morning Abbey Morning, David Oh Crog Street.
Speaker 2: Yes, Crog Street. Definitely go to crog for a Fred's Chief.
Speaker 1: Let's see Cuban, Murphy's and Virginia Highlands up and down.
Speaker 2: The Martl line. So there you go.
Speaker 1: But I think Uber would also work there as well. Okay, so that's the suggestions for Tyler Terrence as he comes into town here. Coming up in two days time, kender d s Nobin is going to be joining our buddies at Scarves and Spikes thanks to the show brought to us by the letters Tyler Tyler Pilgrim or in our number one Dylan Butler Tyler Terrence.
Speaker 2: As we went off the rails in hour number two.
Speaker 1: Once again tomorrow Marshall Island's on the Power Hour with you Know and Nico back once again at noon to talk about everything in the High School Game.
Speaker 2: That's a show. Catch your breath.
Speaker 1: We'll be back in a little bit to discuss what's going on here region play Fast and Furious in the.
Speaker 2: High School Game and the GHSA.
Speaker 1: So once again, thanks to the Tyler's, thanks to Dylan, and thanks to you for being a part of the morning show here in this DH played safe everybody. Since it's the end of the show. That means I get to do this back at it in about forty five minutes. See you here in a bit