Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Fred Rogan, Rodney Pete at a sports Uh, so let's start with.
Speaker 2: This, Rodney, Yeah, what are we starting with? Fred?
Speaker 1: I think we have to start with the fact that we are in studio. We're not at Sketchers. But there's good news for anybody that goes to Sketchers. Our street team is there. They are still giving away ten pairs of Dodger tickets. Sketchers are still giving everybody d by two, get a third free, Sketchers are still giving everybody swag.
Speaker 2: So all you have to do is go down there to the sketchers.
Speaker 1: Our people are there and they are giving away ten pairs of Dodger tickets, ten pairs, just as we promised.
Speaker 2: Yes, is uh Is Norman Powell going to be there? Norman Powell will be there. Yes, Norman Putt, He's going to sign autographs. Everything we said was gonna happen is gonna happen, every single thing. So the only thing that's not happening is we're here, but everything else is happening there. So go to Sketchers, get those get those sketchers, get those tickets. The street team is there and everybody is invited and we're giving away a pair on the show today.
Speaker 3: Yes, so on the air today to you people listening, we will give away one pair of tickets to a Preacher game as well.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go.
Speaker 2: You know what I say, Rodney. Everybody's a winner. Yeah, yeah, everybody's a winner, except for those that wanted to see your presence. That sketchers fret that they're not going to see that today.
Speaker 1: Well, thankfully, no one wanted to see my presence. So it's everybody's a winner. Everybody wins, everybody gets tickets, and we appreciate you being here on the show today. That doesn't mean we're still not going to have our very special guests. Our special guests will join us in the studio. Did you get his fish fit? Okay, I think there was some confusion about the fish.
Speaker 2: There is.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that we got the fish. And I'm sure he'll bring that up if he didn't get.
Speaker 2: His fish, because wasn't that one of the stipulations and in the contract of bringing him on was that he got you initially thought chicken, but he hadn't wanted fish this time. Yeah, and requested the fish, and then we found out what kind of fish and so there was an order place, but we don't know if that ever got completed. Yeah, I think the problem was once we don't know if we have any any fish for him, right.
Speaker 1: I think the problem is once we found out we were not going to be there and we were going to be here, that somehow the fish slipped to the crack. Oh fell off the hook, as we like to say, Oh no, couldn't couldn't real that one in fell off the hook. So I think that's what happened. That's why we don't have the fish. But he's going to be here. Benoit, Benjamin in the Flesh will join us coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: All right, Ronnie, let's talk some Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Spotlight on Blue is presented by Spotlight twenty nine Casino.
Speaker 5: Eric Dickerson's favorite spot in the Coachella Valley, spot Light on Blue, What Did.
Speaker 2: The Boys in Blue Do?
Speaker 3: Luxury is coming to Coachella in twenty twenty six with the opening of Spotlight twenty nine So Telling Resort. An elevated experience that will define luxury in Coachella.
Speaker 4: Coachella Valley best.
Speaker 3: Be Spotlight twenty nine dot com.
Speaker 1: So the Spotlight last night was right on, Michael CONFORDO, how about that, your guy, Fred, your guy, how about he finally broke through Rodney.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, Yes he did. And it was a big moment. And I thought, you know, we talked about this being, you know, you know, a certain series, and you said the second game was a must win for the Dodgers. They needed to win that game. I also felt that the Dodgers needed to They needed to split this series with the Mets. They did not need to lose three out of fours to the Mets at home. That would have been a bad look and would have been a bad just a bad taste. And then going forward, it just, you know, because the Dodgers have kind of been right, they've been at the top. But I don't think anybody's felt the Dodgers have been dominant like we all felt that they would be at the start of the season. Now, injuries played a big part of that, but even still, nobody cares about that. When the Dodgers put on those uniforms and they trot out at Dodger Stadium, everybody expects them to win. It doesn't matter if they've got fifteen guys or fifteen pitchers on the il or other guys that are hurt. They expected Dog to be dominant with all the money they spend in the offseason. It doesn't matter. I don't care who you got hurt. I want you to be dominant. So the way they beat the Yankees and won those first two games, you kind of gave them. Okay, they lose on Sunday to the Yankees, that's fine, took two out of three from him. But you can't come back right after that and lose three out of four to the Mets. You gotta hold serve is if you will. And and I think they did that. And it was great for Michael Conforto because there are many people calling for his head, calling him to calling Dave Roberts to take him out of the lineup, and basically saying they've seen enough of Michael Conforto. He doesn't need to play anymore. So I was so happy for him to come through in that big moment and gave the Dodgers to win.
Speaker 1: I actually think he had the worst average of a regular player in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: That's all badly. He's been struggling.
Speaker 1: You know, it only takes one, just takes one, Rodney one and a key moment, one at a key time, and he got it yesterday and I'll tell you nobody was happier than Michael Confordo. He said, listen, I have not been delivering.
Speaker 2: He's a pro. Here's the thing. When a guy is struggling. Do you not think he knows that? Do you think he is oblivious to that fact? Do you think he doesn't carry it with him and it wears on him? The answer is yes to all of those.
Speaker 1: And if that's the case, you root for the guy to get out of it, because as a big leaguer, and you know this, Rodney, it only takes one you know that one moment that one hit yah, and suddenly you kind of snapped out of it.
Speaker 2: Could that be the case here? It could be, But you know what, a week week and a half ago, he had the big game where he had three hits and had two doubles in the game, and you thought that was the moment where he broke out of it. But this is a little bit different because it came at a key, key moment in the game where they absolutely needed a hit two uh to go ahead in that in the in the game, and he delivered and they hit the first pitch, he was ready for it. But yeah, those moments can can catapult you to Okay, now I've turned it around. You know, Michael, Michael Confortole's had a solid career. He's been pretty good wherever he's been. He didn't just turn into a bad player. You know, slumps happened, you get caught up into him, and then you kind of, you know, you hope that you can find your way out of it. We saw this with Max Munsey, who's kind of fought him, fought himself out of it. And now Max Munsey's on fire. So Conforto's a big, big leaguer and the moment came for him, and I think there's no accidents. It found him, The moment found him, and he delivered. So I was so happy for him and and hopefully, yes, hopefully this is a moment that helps him break out of this season long slump that he's been in. And how about Tanner Scott, Yeah, your guy, he's back. Oh, he's back. He's back.
Speaker 1: He's back big time. Picked up his first safe since May twenty first. So the night before when he went in, wasn't everybody collected breath?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It wasn't it technically gonna say, but but he delivered though, so I know people look at it, let's first saved well, dam but the night before he was dynamite too. Yeah, And that was the night where he walked in and you sat there and went, oh god, no, oh he's back, and you keep your fingers crossed, and he got out of it. He did it, and now he comes and picks up a save. Did he just need that one outing, Rodney? Yeah? Yeah. Sometimes that's all it takes, is that one big hit or or that one inning where you you strike guys out and you're hitting your spots and you feel good and it works to get you going again because so much of sports are between the ears. It is about confidence. It is about your mentality. You have the physical capabilities, or you wouldn't be there. I mean, your physical capabilities have gotten you to where you are now. Mentally that keeps you there or that takes you to the different levels of superstardom or stardom once you get to the big leagues or you get to the NFL or the NBA. But physically, if you're there, you already have the tools, but your mental makeup and your confidence is the level that keeps you there, and it can go up and down. It's a spectrum, and when you're going bad, it's very tough on you. But all it takes, as you just mentioned, all it takes is a good outing or two good outings to bring it back to go. This is who I am. I can perform at this level. I'm a bad man, and when you do it, it kind of reconfirms that I should be here. This is where I'm supposed to be, and I can handle this situation, which I think happened to Tanner Scott over these last two outings that he was out there.
Speaker 1: So splitting the series against the Mets. If you think about this, that wasn't really surprising. Have you looked at the numbers? Here's why. If you look at the teams the Dodgers have played this year with a winning record, they're above five hundred. They're fourteen and twelve, so they're more up than down. If you look at the teams they've played with a record that is losing, they're twenty four and thirteen. So what does that tell you? Well, the first thing it tells you is it's harder to be good teams and The next thing it tells you is they're beating the teams they are supposed to be and really that's how the season progresses. That's how that's how the season goes. You know, against a good team, it's going to be more difficult because they're a good team, and against a team with a losing record it should be easier. They're not as good, and that be that bears witness here. I guess you can make the argument, well, if the Dodgers were so great, they should kill everybody, even they get teams with good records. No, it doesn't work that way. And now they're tracking I think to win ninety eight games, Thank god, thank god, we're done with this one hundred and twenty five wins.
Speaker 2: Good. Can we put that to bed. What if they go on a roll? Fright? What if they're going to roll and they win ten straight over the next ten games and they get on a pace where they can win one hundred and fifteen games. Are you gonna say the same thing or are you gonna go it doesn't matter. They don't pay attention to that because everybody will start talking about that. They get on a roll and they you know, like I said, they go on the streak and then that that number changes. Are you going to buy into it? Are you gonna say, well, we don't care, we don't it doesn't matter. Don't even focus on that because you know everybody's gonna talk about it, right And I'm gonna be the same way I was before the season started, when everybody was saying, what do you think, how many games can they win? I've never looked at it that way, and I don't look at it that way. About their last there in September and it's ten games left in the season, and they're at one hundred and ten wins and the record is what one sixteen something like that. I think Seattle have their record. There are ten games left and they're at one hundred and ten wins. Are you one to say go for it? Or are you one to say no, let's just uh, let's just play it as it is yet and and and they pretty much wrapped up They got one or two games to wrap up the West, and so it's not contingent on them winning all these games. Are you going to be the one that says, just win the West and we don't care about the record. Are you going to say go go for it. I'm just gonna say this, every night, go out to win whatever, go for it means. I'm not gonna say that. I'm gonna say, do what you do every single night, go out to win. If you win it good, If not, you're fine. Just go out to do your job.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to sit here and say, God, if they just get ten more, they'll want one hundred and seventeen. No, because once they won one hundred and seventeen one week later, it doesn't matter. Now you get to the playoffs and those are the.
Speaker 2: Games you have. So you're telling them not to go for it. If they have cleansed the division at one and twelve wins, they've already cleansed the division, and they've got eight games left, and with eight games left they got to win five. You're telling them don't necessarily go for it. Uh, well, well, you go out to win every night. What are you saying, don't play the starters? Yes, he's saying, rest people, you arrest people, Do you rest people? Do you let them go play? What do you do? You didn't say that. You know people say this, but they didn't. They weren't saying that about Otani when he was going for fifty to fifty. They wanted him in the lineup, they wanted him playing, Go go for it. Are you not going to say the same thing? Are you going to be one of those guys sad and you know you're four games away so it doesn't matter, don't don't you know? Don't play those starters, let them rest well.
Speaker 1: I think the one thing we've learned about baseball is having too much time off is a bad thing.
Speaker 2: When you think about it. That's insane.
Speaker 1: As many games as they play, you would think these guys can use a night off here, they can use a couple of days off. But it doesn't work that way because you're so conditioned to play every day that all of a sudden you lose the momentum of playing. So I don't think you take everybody out and go well, record be damned, or taking everybody out. I just think you would approach it as you would every game. And if you want to rest guy two guys a game, rust them, rust them.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: The fans love it, and it would be great and people will talk about it, and one week later it's not going to matter one bit because now you're going to be playing for all the games that do matter, and anything that could jeopardize that is something that I personally would pass on. I wouldn't put myself in a position to go for it. And there's the pulled hamstring and it could happen at any time, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, Yeah, so what makes it like going for it? What makes you think if they play tonight as opposed to not playing tonight, it's going to jeopardize them going forward. I think I'd rest. I think i'd rest well if there are any if anybody's back, if they're healthy, I think I certainly wouldn't push it on them. I think i'd give them extra rest. The pictures I would so if it was their normal start, you wouldn't start them, You would give them an extra rest, you would pull them.
Speaker 1: Well, it depends if it's a normal start. But and when will they go again? Has this guy had any nagging little injuries?
Speaker 4: Is there you know?
Speaker 1: Tweet care of tweak there? I wouldn't pitch them.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're well ahead of ourselves and coming up with something that may never happen, but if it did. When you get to that point, everything is now focused on the playoffs. Everything, we've seen the movie. We know this movie now, we've seen it when it has a bad ending, and we've seen it it has a good one. So we know the movie and we know how to get to the final scene. And if in the final scene you've got the momentum and you've got your health and you have a little bit of luck, you win it all. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that. But I said that at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you didn't see that last year when Otani was going for fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: Well, that's different, that's different. Why Why is that different?
Speaker 1: Because I want to see him doing that, because that matters. Because the only thing that matters Rodney is what matters to me. So if it matters to me, then Otani does that, he plays. If it doesn't matter how many games of Dodgers when as long as they are healthy in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That's what matters. I got it.
Speaker 1: I think I actually think that's the barometer everybody uses. They take my temperature, they take your temperature. Yeah, one of my temperature is ever.
Speaker 2: Deem that matters for the Dodgers, whether it be individual stats or team stats, they're going to go off of Fred Rogan. They should call me, they should do not give my number out, Yes, call me.
Speaker 4: Just do what I do.
Speaker 1: Look at it like I look at it. Yes, because I have the healthiest attitude of everybody? Do you I think so? You don't think I do the most centered and grounded attitude?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe maybe. But in terms of what we talked about this morning is we're not allowing you to book anybody. Guess you're not allowing you to what? We're not allowing you to book any guests anymore from here on, Well, the one I booked is here.
Speaker 3: Everybody spott presented by Spotlight twenty nine Casino.
Speaker 4: It's my favorite spot.
Speaker 3: Check out Spotlight twenty nine dot com for upcoming shows from world class entertainers.
Speaker 5: Spotlight twenty nine Coachella Valley's Best Bet.
Speaker 2: The Big Man, the Legend. What else can I say? He's here? But noight, Benjamin is in the studio.
Speaker 3: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five have seventy. LA Sports podcast a preset on the iheartradiop using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto Road trip all summer with La Sports.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, come on, that's the song.
Speaker 6: On Fridays, we absolutely, one hundred percent positively do not care.
Speaker 2: We do it all. We let it all hang out, We let our hair down, even those that don't have hair, we let it down, Freddy, Yeah, we do. And this particular Friday, fred we one hundred percent do not care. I'm telling Kevin and Ronnie get that dump button ready because it's coming. It's coming. Our man is here, Freddy, our man is here. Let's bring him on, right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's welcome the legend who is going to be out of sketches with us. But we're in the studio today. We welcome the great Annoy Benjamin to the show.
Speaker 2: But how are you?
Speaker 4: Good day? How you doing? California? California kids out here? All right, what's up?
Speaker 2: I'm going to start with this.
Speaker 1: Are you mad that we had no fish?
Speaker 4: Well? Hell yeah, man, because you know, catfish, that's my favorite. That's one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: I picked. I said it was catfish. You were asking what kind of fish you were looking for? I said, Louisiana cat He looking for some cat fish?
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, hold on, hold on, Louisiana caff is different from the rest of that catfish. You know, we got farm for farm raised catfi is down there in Louisiana, So you know, that's a that's that's a different type of texture and sweetness and all kinds of stuff down there. Coming out of Louisiana. You know, Oh yeah, I missed my catfish now.
Speaker 1: But no, for people that don't know about what really was an illustrious career with the Clippers, I don't know if he's laughing.
Speaker 2: An illustrious career.
Speaker 1: Can you start by pretty much summing up your career with the Clippers?
Speaker 4: Huh? Well, young coming out of college. Uh, wanted to fit in, trying to make sure that I live up to the expectations without without no team most of my career. But excuse me, but I mean, you know, I had good good days. There a lot of bad days, but you know, I still, you know, continue to hold my head up and and and do try to play the right way, try to play the game the right way, and was able to the last seventeen years despite you know, my start, So kind of that's kind of a plus for me as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: What was it you know, the Clippers obviously have a reputation. Now they've got new ownership and you know, Steve Bomber's taking over for Donald Sterling. But when you came and you were with the Clippers and that organization, what was that like? And and did you hear from other people, other players from other organizations going what's going on over there?
Speaker 4: Well, you know the Clippers, Well, the Clippers was always uh the Clippers, and uh, you know it said, you know, I guess the organization was snake being a lot of injuries, you know, so on and so forth. But you know, I always got to always we always will had a high draft picks and and top talent. But uh, you know, order in order for that type of stuff to succeed, you had to have a support and cast around you. And uh, a lot of people will come in and and uh, you know, leave for various reasons about whatever. But uh, you know, I just try to go in there and do my best and you know, hang around the league because the league back then it was very competitive. It's not like it is today. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't think it's competitive today?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yes, very competitive, yeah, but different. Oh, they just Uh, they're like crybabies to me. You know, you can't touch them. You know, we basically played football when we played you know, you know, you get you a ticket tech file, you might touch somebody and that's a file.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: We play handshake. You know, you come across the lane, you worry about I'm gonna hit you for sure, you know what I mean. It was it was more physical and you know, but you know I watched the game evolve more to you know, uh per se. Yeah, the finesse, the outskirts, the threes by the big man, you know, so on and so forth.
Speaker 2: That's across the board because even in football, it used to be receivers were afraid to go across the middle right with the Ronnie. Lots of jack tatums back in the day.
Speaker 4: Well with your thort, ye go get that ball man.
Speaker 2: I used to hit it from uh from receivers age. Don't put that ball high. Yeah, you better hit me in my chest and given low, I don't want to get lit up. But because you can't hit him nowadays. So that was the same thing you're saying in the NBA. You could bang down low, you put your body on him and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could, and uh, the NBA was a real NBA then. You know, you had all the superstars in that end. So you know, every team he was stacked from one to five and if you didn't bring your egg game, you was gonna get embarrassed. So, you know, I was kind of proud to say that I was a thirteen fourteen year starter. I kind of fell off in my latter years for whatever reason. You know, the league was changed, and you know you had Shaquille coming in there, so you know, you know those type of guys. But he was just so dominant to where you know, uh, it's just been a time for you to move on. You know, you know how sports go, rightdy.
Speaker 2: Uh huh you know, uh huh. When you say he was so dominant, what what made was it just his size that made him different than that. He was so much bigger and stronger than everybody.
Speaker 4: Else man everything you know, Shaq he was. He was agile, you know, he could jump, run, he could do it all. For a guy his side, yeah, you know, you never you just never see that anymore. You know, maybe we will, and uh, you know, uh, you know they talk about all the goats you know this, that and the other, and uh, you know, I think about that all the time. And you know, I think about some of the things that the people saying this day and age where they forget about some of the old greats, you know, like Rice Chamberlain and Bill Russell, you know, those types of guys, Julius Irving. You know, they should be included in those goat conversations as where I think anyway, you know.
Speaker 1: You know, but Benjamin's whether it's in the studio, can we be honest? The Clippers were terrible when you played for them.
Speaker 4: Fo Yeah, yeah they were. I wasn't trying to really bomb on them, but yes, we were fifteen and seventy. What you think a year you were fifteen, seventy, twelve and seventy y'all forgot well in seventy eighty two game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, twelve and seven, twelve.
Speaker 4: And seventy on twelve games when you're twelve and seventy.
Speaker 2: And what's that like?
Speaker 1: I mean, night after night you go out there, you just get pounded. Well, what do you do, I mean, do you drink heavily? How do you handle that panoia?
Speaker 4: Well, A lot of partying, you know, a lot of drinks, a lot of reckless behavior. That's what I call it reckless behavior.
Speaker 2: But what was reckless? What kind of behavior was reckless?
Speaker 4: You know? Excuse me, the women in the clubs, the drinking, you know, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: All right, so you go in to a club and you know, obviously you're gonna stand out. You're seven feet tall, and somebody starts talking to you a woman. Do you even admit you play for the Clippers or do you lie and say you play for the Lakers?
Speaker 4: Well I couldn't have, so it didn't matter if people knew me, you know when I came here, when I came out here. So you know that that was a good thing. I mean I was. I was very noticeable and h and row and you know all the other stuff that probably should have been torn down a little bit earlier. But you know, that just was me. And I think it was the act of it was an act of rebellion because of the of the situation that that that the Clippers were in, and you know, the magnitude that we was given to the league was negative, you know, and those first I say, three four years, what weren't what they weren't too pleasant? Here in l A and Uh I said, well you was there, fred I said, well, either either I'm gonna make either l they gonna make me, or they're gonna break me. So you know, I can remember times when I wouldn't even pick up the newspaper read it, you know, because it was always some negative.
Speaker 2: Did you know going into the season that you guys didn't have a chance because that there's situation. I've talked to other guys that know, you know, going into the season where the organization didn't make any commitments in the off season, but you went into the season knowing we're not gonna win too many games, so this is gonna be a long year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, well we knew that, but you know, we still had to go out and do our job, still was getting paid.
Speaker 2: How hard was that? What to just go out every night knowing geound, I know you got paid and people say, well, you get paid anyway, but just knowing that it was very much didn't have a chance to win.
Speaker 4: It was very hard. It's very hard to deal with. And I think the surrounding aspect of the people in our life, you know, they they pounded me, especially uh friends, you remember Aleen voicing I never forgot her. Boy, Aleen pounded me. You was pretty fair, Jim, Jim Jim Jim Hill was pretty fair. You know, some of you guys were fair. But you know it was that one out there, and there was a Leen oh Man just every day constantly.
Speaker 2: Did you ever talk to her about it and say, get off my back? What's the deal?
Speaker 4: I did? But I think when I uh, I think she had what was she a report in Atlanta or something?
Speaker 2: Eleen? She worked here for a while.
Speaker 4: I know she worked here in LA But I'm saying after she left here, did she reported in Atlanta somewhere? Or did she She wasn't.
Speaker 1: She might have gone to Sacramento. I can't exactly remember. I know what you're talking about that.
Speaker 4: I think she was in Atlanta because I remember doing an interview down there. I think I'm not I'm not positively sure, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was, you know, so, but no, we we teased it the last you know, the last couple of days of you when the greats would come to town, the Jordan's, the birds, all the people would come into town. Can you just retell the story of Michael Jeordian come to town and your thought process because it was at the height of Jordan man. So so her.
Speaker 6: Thought process process of you wanted to do something for the Clipper fans, right, that was your You were wanted to give back to the fans of Los Angeles by allowing Michael Jordan to rocked the crowd.
Speaker 4: Well, well, yeah, yeah, I did that purposely. And uh, I said, well, it might be a good time, you know, to just hit the crowd roar. Hell. I wanted to see what he was gonna do my damnself. So you know, it was a good thing for me. But you know, I had some of my best games against you know, the the higher upfers you know in the league.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, wait, wait, so wait, I'm just trying to get specific with this now.
Speaker 4: So okay, so so you.
Speaker 2: Saw him on the wing guarding someone and.
Speaker 4: You okay, okay, this how I went, all right, Okay, we we were we were running our we would run our offense and uh and uh I knew he was gonna be in that lane. It was left, all right, So hmmm, it might be a good time to rock the crowd and just hear roar, you know. So I think I did that, like at the thirty fourth quarter, just just just listening to the crowd because he was an exciting player and uh, you know, he was one of our generational talents, you know that probably would never be duplicate. So yes, I did. I pretty much you can count on two steals at least for me every game we played against Chicago because I wanted to see what Jordan was gonna do myself. So it was good. It was good.
Speaker 1: Maybe that was one of the issues with the Clippers that they had their starting center throwing the.
Speaker 2: Ball to the other cheamp.
Speaker 4: Well hey, hey, I well one of our players was in there one like they wanted, like he was on by itself. But it wasn't like he was gonna let the ball get get buying, buying, no way anyway, you know what I mean. So you know, it was kind of like, humm, let me see what he's gonna do, which I already knew was just gonna do. So that is two I had to chalk up for head.
Speaker 6: And I was like I would saying, that's like me playing against Dion Sanders, and I got throw one to Dion just to see what he's gonna do.
Speaker 2: See if he gonna high step down the sidelines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but I was probably better than us. Yeah, I had probably better well.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, the first couple of years in Detroit, we weren't too much better.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I remember Clippers, did you play with Yeah, yeah it was it was Barry and and me and two other people and and and everything else.
Speaker 6: We lost games where we was scoring forty points and oh yeah on a regular basis. Man, Okay, So so Clippers.
Speaker 2: You also talked about before we got on the air, talked about you played some you spent some time in Seattle. How what was that experience?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Man, I loved Seattle. It was great up there, man, Yeah, played some of my best years up there. Yeah. I love paying with Kemp, love paying with Payton. Even though you know, I had some issues with a couple of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, issues with Yeah, issues with Kemp or Yead, issues with had.
Speaker 4: I had issues Payton. Yeah. We was just we didn't get along at all. So I think that was almost came to blows one time, but it was. It was real tense in there, so you know, we he didn't like me and I ain't like him.
Speaker 2: Was he the was he the leader of that of that that team and organization at that time. That that what he didn't like you challenging him or just personality wise, it didn't you guys just didn't get.
Speaker 4: A Yeah, personality wise we didn't get along. And uh, I thought he thought he was better than me because he was from Oakland and I was from the smallest city. So I wasn't taking no shi. So you know, it was something that was going down on a regular basis, you know what I mean. Yeah, so, I mean, you know, but but Seattle was a great, great time in my career. I really enjoyed Seattle and I had some of my best years up there with the super Stonis.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm trying to remember. How many kids did Sean Camp have.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I think like thirteen or something like that. I think.
Speaker 2: But you have kids too, don't you know?
Speaker 4: Little six yes, six kIPS, yes, sir, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: How how old are they?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: From thirty nine to twenty six? Okay, yeah, thirty.
Speaker 2: You got a team, you got, you got a team and a sixth man.
Speaker 4: I got four boys and two girls okay, yeah, hm, now four girls and two boys, that's what I got. I got. I got four girls and two boys. That's what I got. Y'all, y'all make sure y'all check us out and v vem so we can. Uh, so y'all can hear more of this. And then y'all get confused as like you, I'm old and now here I'll be sixty one this ye, so don't come out like it used to right then?
Speaker 2: You know, no, no, you know something.
Speaker 4: You get older, things change.
Speaker 2: Four boys to four boys, two girls. Yeah, it's which is.
Speaker 4: I got four girls?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I got it. But you know what my daughters, My daughters took after me.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: I got a daughter that plays overseas and she got drafted to Seattle Sea out of storm and uh she was cutting but she she was she she was playing in Chicago for the Sky and then went overseas and my well, my girls, well that that girl is she six feet five inches? Yeah, that's one of my daughter one of them. Are they all tall? Yeah? All my girls are tall? Yes, yeah, they are all six six feet one of them six five six four sixty three and the other one was like five eight five nine. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, but let's talk about the movie Sean J put together. Tell us about the movie vimeo. Y'all can check it out well where you where? You don't know about the move? What's it called? First of all, what's it called. It's called the Ballad of Anoy Benjamin the ballot. Yeah, okay, So what's about? Break it down for it? What's it about?
Speaker 4: It's about my autobiography and uh, you know growing up in Louisiana, my row Louisiana. You know some of my h rocks that I had, like my grandmother and my mother, you know, single parent home, the worst part of my role. Wanted to wanted to show my family something that was different so we could be successful. And you know, they they they they clinged on to me because I lost my father when I was eight years old. Yeah, and that kind of drove me to sports to be the athlete that I became. And a lot of people might say different things about me, but you know, I probably could have did a little bit better. But I'm not ashamed of my career at all. You know, I played seventeen professional years.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: A lot of people can't say that, no, so you know, and.
Speaker 2: And you should be proud of that because you know, in professional sports is not always easy to last exactly, you know, it really isn't. I mean, I say this all the time. I was I was lucky enough number one, but also from southern California. I am, well, I grew up in Arizona, but then they came here for college. But I was. I'm proud that I played sixteen years in the NFL, absolutely because nobody, you know, they can't take.
Speaker 4: That away from They can't. They can and they can't say that they played that long.
Speaker 6: Right, So.
Speaker 4: The double dichotomy about today's sports is they don't last. Yep, They're not made of the same cloth that we were. You know, my generation, you know, we got X amount of Hall of Famers. We all played fifteen sixteen years. You know these cats here, they played one year and they hurt.
Speaker 2: You know, you can't touch them or they not playing hurt.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, you're talking about.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 4: Low?
Speaker 5: Low?
Speaker 6: Yeah, load management, all of that. Hold hold that hold that. You got time to hang out a little bit more. We're gonna talk some more, okay.
Speaker 4: Vimeo Vimeo. All right, that's that's coming video. That's ballot ballot over. We're gonna promote that all day long. We got right stay right there, all right, but no, it's gonna hang with us another segment.
Speaker 1: Oh, We've got Dodger tickets to give away today to do it yet, but we have Dodger tickets to give away.
Speaker 3: Hello Rogan and Rodney listener, Did you know A M five seventy l A Sports has a wide range of l A Sports podcasts, shows like Petros in Money. We are streaming Man Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Moss, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five seventy l A Sports on the iHeartRadio wip.
Speaker 2: Oh. Yes, Today's afternoon Delight is Aben and Turr by gold Link. This is one of twelve tracks that appears on the artist's new album entitled Enoch, which dropped over the weekend. This album includes features from the likes of Fat Trail, Hydra, Big Flock and more. Again, Today's afternoon Light is Aventator by gold Link.
Speaker 6: Uh, all right, Benoi, Benjamin, still with us, hanging out with us in studio. Always a pleasure to have you in studio, my man. So give us an update on you now, Man, give us an update on you now you move back home to Louisiana.
Speaker 2: You in moreau right, you left La, you're in Moreau and and how things going for you now?
Speaker 4: Well, where everything's fine. You know, my mother's a little bit older now and it's kind of wanted to be around hud Is. You know, we're so limited now my grandma's gone. Well, hell all my all of my people was gone from my father's side, at my mother's side, so you know, it's a more sense of urgency to be around my mother. Try to try to let her, you know, try to let her do what she do. Forset me every day all day about something. But you know, like I say, I enjoy it because at least she's alive, you know what I mean. So, but you know, health had some health issues and decided to go home and take care of But I'm a lot better now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're good. All with all the health issues and things like that. You know, involved and said get your right.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, the doctors got involved to say, hey, buddy, you need to you need to take care of yourself or you know it's it's not gonna end. Well. So I made kind of a decision in there now I wanted to live and and uh, you know, take care of my mother and see when my kids became, and especially my granddaughter. My grandkids take everybody six or seven grandkids, so you know, they enjoyed watching them grow. And uh, you know my kids are all grown, kind of still angry with them over child support issues.
Speaker 2: What what what are those child support issues?
Speaker 4: But well, you know, well you know how the women are, you know, back in the oh. It's all been settled now, but you know they, uh, they came out to me and they came after me hard. They say I had, They said that I had, They say that they well, they had a judgment on me for over five hundred and some thousand, and uh I had to clear that up, which finally did.
Speaker 2: But was there more than one woman?
Speaker 4: No, there was only one. I had paid her a million dollars and it still wasn't enough. So so you know, uh been divorced three times. You know, just uh, just doing me right now. You just want to get into myself and make sure that I'm all right right now, you know what I mean. So that's try to take care of my mom and let her let her last year's be uh be productive and joyful.
Speaker 2: So well, you're looking healthy, man, and I'm glad you're taking care of yourself real quick man, what what was going back to basketball man, your time with the Clippers and your time in the NBA over seventeen years. Who was the who was the toughest player you played against? Like the most difficult guard for you when you were when you were playing that you like you went into that game or you played that game, you're like, man, I gotta guard this cat man. It's a rough night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all of all of them. But but you know, like like I was telling you, uh doing, during my time in the league, we had a we had a very unique cast of characters. And I would say probably my tough guard was Hakim Elijah w Haquem Elijah on Kareem was up there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Keem had so many I mean you had so many moves, right, do it all one time?
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, bring your a game here, gonna embarrass you. So you know, no one wanted to get embarrassed. So I made sure that our player because you know that's what people will say about it. Well, we know he's gonna play tonight because it's a big time team coming in. But you know, the live brulepools chipping on, but somebody being coming in there. I was gonna do my thing, you know what I mean? Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: The movie is about Panoit management.
Speaker 1: Information about it on your socials at Banoit movie, at Banoit movie and Fred before we go, Benoit brought me a gift.
Speaker 2: Really yeah. He wants me to uh open on on on the show. So he brought me a gift, which is very nice. If you be, I appreciate you man cool. Hopefully you get some jobs out of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh oh oh okay. So he brought me a coffee mug. Het coffee mug and it says mister Cooper's money and I'm I'm I'm I'm assuming this is a reference to hanging with mister Cooper's money, right, Holly, who basically takes care of me and allows me to do what I do.
Speaker 2: Mister Cooper's money is what he says. It's all good.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: She listened to the show, so.
Speaker 4: You of course she got to listen to the show. She critiques me all the time.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, all right, Benoy, thanks for hanging man, safe travels home.
Speaker 4: Good sir, Thank you, Fred good saying all you guys, and and get that move villmo.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: The ballad of with Alloyd, Benjamin.
Speaker 2: That's a that's ballotoy, Benjamin. All right, this hour we are giving away tickets. DODG your tickets. We'll give you a queue to call. Don't call now, it's too soon, but we will give you that queue to call. And uh, well, it looks like the automated strike zone, at least a version of it, will be here sooner than you think. And that's next