Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston's Radio.
Speaker 2: But we're talking about boycotts. And the reason we're talking about boycotts is the outrageous actions of some people that have taken place in the last few weeks, with some intensity in the last couple of weeks, going after Tesla dealerships, ev charging stations in Massachusetts in Lyttleton, Massachusetts, as well as the automobiles or Tesla automobiles owned by individuals, all in protest of Elon Musk's support for the Trump administration, particularly the Department of Government Efficiency, which obviously can be criticized. But you don't criticize by throwing paint on your neighbor's Tesla or in some Tesla that you happen to see on the street. Nor do you fire shots in or break glass or to face a prop property public or private anyway. So my question is have you ever engaged in a boycott of any sort? I think the most effective boycott that is in my recent memory was the boycott of bud Light Beer. I do not believe that they were they were examples of any activity of physical confrontation or destruction of private or personal property I don't recall. If there are you more than welcome to join the conversation. I think anyone who's caught destroying private property or in this case, destroying ev charging stations, UH, they got to do some time in my opinion, six one, seven thirty that's one line and six one seven nine three one ten thirty. We have three folks who have held over during the newscast, and we will continue with this conversation for however long your interest in it persists. Let me go to Carl in New York. Carl, welcome back, Thank you for holding on through the news.
Speaker 3: You are next on Nightside.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Dan. I boy cott men and Jerry's cut. I boy cott Ben and Jerry's because I don't like their politics or some of the causes they support. I have been in a protest. We went down in the nineties to protests NAFTA with the United Auto Workers. You carried a coffin down the street. We carried a coffin down the street to the Capitol and that place was full of unions that day. And another case of the government not listening to people.
Speaker 2: And by the way, NAFTA hurt us for many years, and you had both Republicans and Democrats, both New Gingrish and Bill Clinton, who basically came together. If George Bush had been president, many of the unions that supported NAFTA would have would have stopped it from becoming law.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. I listened to a lot of talk radio. Dan you I will see you guys till midnight, and then I'll switch over to WLW in Cleveland or WJR and Detroit, and you can't these politicians are not listening to people, because if they were listening to the stuff that people were saying on these stations, things would be different, definitely.
Speaker 3: So well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I am familiar with the call letters of those stations, but I don't know if they have.
Speaker 3: You know, what their attitude is.
Speaker 2: You know, some talk shows we try to basically invite all points of view to join the conversation, and sometimes we get a little heated with some of the callers. Primarily, I don't get heated over issues. For example, we just had a great conversation I thought with Jay from Plymouth. Jay and I probably don't see either way on much politically, but we've never had harsh words with each other. I get frustrated when people will engage in a conversation and they just want to make a speech. And that's where I get first, what are the politicians not hearing? What are the politicians not hearing that you're hearing on my station or in the other.
Speaker 4: Stations that most of the people are not against this stage thing about saving money? In fact, do you hear them complain? But they don't talk about the kind of money that's been that they've uncovered. And I had a question, and I don't hear it asked pretty much anywhere, if anybody, but anybody but Musk was the head of DOGE. Do you think everyhalfs pushback?
Speaker 2: No, in all honesty, I think that the pushback from the left on government cutbacks. I mean you can go back to Bill Proxmeyer, who was a Democratic senator from Wisconsin thirty years ago. And Proxmeyer used to unveil every year what he thought were examples of wasted fraud. And he worked in some ways with Senator Simpson, a Republican from Wyoming, Alan Simpson, but they never got anywhere because there was sort of this institutional resistance that they would talk about it and they would try to get it out of committees, but there was never much progress. Obviously, President Trump is a different sort of chief executive, and he has brought in Elon Musk. People can go to a website which was I was directed to the other day by a friend of mine, which is doge just simply doge dot gov dge gov, and that lists a lot of the specific programs that have been cut. Have you gone to that website?
Speaker 4: No, I have not.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, knowing your philosophical point of view here, I think that you would enjoy it. There's a there's a there's a lot of information here, specific examples. Okay, for example, I'm just looking at it right now. Today was posted and again some of these are not huge numbers of numbers, but for example, one hundred thousand dollars. These are grants that were distributed by the NIH. One hundred thousand dollars to Vanderbilt University to the South to study social networks among sexual and gender minorities, thirty seven thousand for the University of Houston to study fear of deportation in Latenix young adults. Six hundred and twenty thousand dollars for an LGBT plus inclusive Team pregnancy prevention program for transgender boys. That one kind of confuses me, to be honest with you, because right, six hundred and ninety nine thousand dollars for studying cannabis use among sexual minority, gender diverse individuals.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why the government would be doing that. And it goes on and on and on, and a lot of this is, you know, stuff that the the other administra, the previous administration was was very active on. Let's see how it works out at the end here. You know, there's a lot of this stuff that I don't get it. I mean, one of the things that bothers me the most was there's there's some suggestions that Stacy Abrams, the former unsuccessful Democratic candidate in Georgia for governor, that somehow some charity that she was running got two billion dollars. Now I want to see proof of that. That's real money or two billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it's absolutely crazy. Some of the stuff that they've uncovered, and why and why people would be against that just blows my mind. You know what I'm saying, Well, the people.
Speaker 2: The silly stuff, Yeah, well, well to some people, they don't consider that silly, and and the people.
Speaker 3: Who are benefiting from those programs.
Speaker 2: Look, if they were going to give away millions of dollars to older talk show hosts on on WBZ Boston in recognition, you know, I probably would say it sounds good to me, But that's not going to happen. I mean, everybody functions kind of in their own self interest, and and that's what politicians do. They satisfy the self interest of their constituencies.
Speaker 4: And now, well, I would beg I would beg the different there. They're not listening to us. I am part of somebody's constituency that they're not. Oh absolutely, I called. I called on an issue a couple of weeks ago to my house, my house representative, and to my senator. I have yet to receive an email or call or anything. And it happens all the time. They don't.
Speaker 3: Well, Carl, I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 2: All I'm telling you is you're an American who probably has worked your entire life. Uh, you pay taxes, you get it, you have a job, you pay taxes, You probably do some good work in your in your community. They know you're okay. They are appealing to uh, those who the what do they say, squeaky wheel gets the oil. And so you have constituencies that probably both parties have that they take care of. I think some of the constituencies that the Biden administration I don't. I don't think Joe Biden was run on the government. Okay, in my opinion, there were there were people under who are making huge decisions, huge, huge decisions. And let's let's put it out some light's the greatest disinfected. Let's put it out there in the light of day. And if if Dolge can come up with legitimate examples of waste, fraud and abuse, let's put it out there. If they're unable to put it up, to come up with specifics, then then they will. They will fail. It's just it's really as simple as that. Let's let's open the books. Okay, Let's open the books and see what they get. What they get, That's all.
Speaker 4: That's it. Hey, I'm listening to you on the radio tonight. Usually i'm listening to your online, but I was able to get get you in here.
Speaker 3: What part of you?
Speaker 4: I'm about ten miles north to Albany, sure, yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're just over the border for yeah, we're like.
Speaker 4: One hundred and eighty miles or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty good. Well, if you're up a little bit in the mountains there, normally you might am blocked by the Berkshires because ours is a simple direction, little signal. But it's great to know that we're that we're zooming in on radio. Carl is always thank you so much. What do you do in New York? What sort of work?
Speaker 4: I don't I'm retired right now.
Speaker 3: What type of work did you do?
Speaker 4: Air conditioning? Refrigeration?
Speaker 3: Man, I'll say it. That's a great that is a great career, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I try to talk I try to talk all the young people that that that I can talk to about getting into the trades, because right now they're dying for texts and it's like start at thirty dollars an now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, that look I paid I paid that technicians and text I have a good company. But every time the HVAC guys come out, it's all opening up the checkbook. I'm a big, big fan of people who are who work for a living. Plumbers, electricians, carpenters, those are people who really do work for a living. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the paper pushes who find themselves in government jobs and they don't really produce anything other than you know, reports, information or whatever and pull people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got I have relatives that worked for the state who've been there thirty years of a collect them one hundred thousand dollars a year in penship.
Speaker 2: For doing nothing, in my opinion, nothing that's productive. Hey, Carl, I got a run, great call, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, keep calling the show. Thank you much.
Speaker 2: Take a quick break. I went a little long with Carl. Interesting caller. We'll continue. We'll pick up the pace. The only lines that are open right now. Six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Have you ever engaged in a boycott? There must be some people out there in my audience who decided that butt light was not there a cup of tea. I've never been a butt like guy. Had drank but light not a bad product. But I've always been a partial for some reason. Of course, I know why I was partial to course. And for those of you that know me, you may know why a course used to be a Colorado beer that could never get back east because it was, you know, cooled in the Rockies and.
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 2: And finally a friend of mine, a girl I was dating at the time, brought me back a six pack, of course from Colorado, and I fell in love with cors Uh. But I know there were people out there who said, look, never drinking a bud light again. Have you engaged in any sort of a boycott. The best call tonight was from Jay who talked about boycotting boy boycotting Chicken fil A. I like Chick fil A. I like Chick fil A. I don't care who you boycotted. Love to know what compelled you to boycott. And I hope none of you have ever engaged in physical violence as a former boycott, because that's not boycott, that's destroying personal or private, public or personal property. Back on nights Side again, six seven, nine thirty gets you through coming back right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Sight Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones, we go, gonna go to Margie the Catskills Calls, New York.
Speaker 3: Back to back. Hey Margie, welcome, Hi.
Speaker 5: I just want to congratulate you because tonight it has been conversation, not pontification.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. We try to do that most nice ahead. So what I want to tell.
Speaker 5: You is it's a different look at boycotting. Suppose the whole town decides to boycott something. I haven't heard that tonight.
Speaker 2: I don't know if any community has ever done that. Maybe someone has an example out there, but I don't know. I never even thought of that. Have you ever heard of anything like that?
Speaker 5: Yes, because our town did it. I will keep us anonymous. The only franchises we have in our town is a drug store which we couldn't keep out, and a bank. Other than that, there are no franchises in our town. We are a big tourist town and in the summer the population swells sec and homeowners tourists, and we have a local coffee shop, a local luncheon shop, and nice dinners. So Starbucks took a look at us. McDonald's took a look at us Wendy's. How do you think we kept them out?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to take a guess.
Speaker 2: I will bet you that there was some sort of zoning restriction or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know. If you have like a board of selectmen, who's your local government.
Speaker 5: We have a town supervisor and a town board.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would assume that there was some regulation I'm guessing now which said that, you know that only restaurants could be allowed, which had you know, seating, and there could be no drive throughs and and there were no something like that, which basically meant Wendy's decided or whatever, and it's not worth us to try to put a franchise in that community.
Speaker 3: Am I right or wrong?
Speaker 6: Probably you are brilliant.
Speaker 5: We stopped. We have everything in town, local coffee shops, lunch shops, whatever. It was a very simple law, the whole town vote.
Speaker 7: It's for it.
Speaker 5: You cannot have a drive through.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hit I lucked out on that one, Margie.
Speaker 5: You because if you don't have a drive through, none of those franchises want you.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, that's they do ninety percent of their business with the drive through. I've gone to some of those places. I tend not to. I'm not a big fan of any of the fast food places. I love a local diner.
Speaker 3: I love a local restaurant, that's what that's what I love. I don't like the big franchises.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're convenient, and if you're a trucker and you're out on the road and you got to stop.
Speaker 3: You have no choice. But I'm with you. When did the tourists leave your town Labor Day.
Speaker 7: Or do they stay there there?
Speaker 5: Well, sixty percent of our houses are part time seasonal people. We love seasonal people. They pay our taxes and they don't send their kids to our schools.
Speaker 3: I got you there.
Speaker 5: I just love that you understand it. And I hope some of the people that try single boycotts, we'll just go to their town government and say, hey, enough of us don't want this. What are you going to do about it?
Speaker 2: Well, you've got to come up with a set of bylaws or rules and regulations that are consistent because obviously you can't have a regulation that says we're not going to have a McDonald's, but we can have a Wendy's, or we can have this, because then you're going to be discriminating and you're going to end up in a lawsuit. But what I suggested and what your town was wise enough to do, just say, hey, we don't want for public safety purposes as well as for the character of the town, we do not want drive throughs. If you want to open a restaurant, that's fine. But that will keep the McDonald's in, the Wendy's and those other big burger kings out of your community.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you so much for that. I suggest that for everybody. Good night.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 2: Good night, Margie appreciate the suggestion. Back on Nightside, here's the news at the bottom of the hour. The only line is six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Moving back after.
Speaker 1: This, you're on Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WAZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we have some patient listeners here and I got to get to some people here. Let me go to Angelo in Newton. Angelo, thanks for your loyalty and thanks for your patients.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead.
Speaker 8: Angelo, You're welcome. Dan, thank you for taking my call. If I go one, I want to wish you a happy Saint Patty to day.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Angelo, thank you very much. And you know what, because you did that, we're going to get you a Saint Patrick's State T shirt. Okay, So can you hang up? I want you to leave your name and number in your your size and the biggest size. You're not somebody who's a who's a big guy, because we've met. Uh, it'll be uh, it'll be sent to you by College Hype.
Speaker 3: Just make sure it's no bigger than the two extra too extra. I know you know you're you're going to be a much better size than that. So congratulations.
Speaker 2: That's going to come from our friends at College Hype and anyone who wants to get Saint Patrick's d T shirt my citygear dot Com with College Hype. They're great people and they're they're so generous. Go right it, go right ahead, and thank.
Speaker 8: You very much.
Speaker 9: Dan.
Speaker 8: I agree with you about those people. I'm not a I'm not a well I forgot what it's called. Well, anyways, I agree with you with those people that are doing things to those CAUs that something should be done to them. And another thing, I I agree they should do things about people that's stealing cars. And I don't understand why people leave keys in their cars.
Speaker 3: Well I had it.
Speaker 2: I think that the people are not thinking angelo because they were always I guess gotta make that mistake once and there goes your car.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and let me tell you something. I woke up one morning at like four o'clock in the morning and I found a car, a stolen car that was pocked in my driveway. I called the police. I called the police and and they asked you if I knew the person, and I says, no, I don't know this person is. So they just looked in the car. They found the keys in it, they found the registration, and they didn't do nothing. They said, if you have to move your vehicle, just take the car and put it out on the street. So I says, wait a minute, I says, let me ask my brother if he knows anybody. He says, no, he doesn't know anybody. So he had I had to call the police back again and they had to come. They had to come back. We check everything, and with somebody in my away from my house, they stole the con They pocked it in my driveway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they took it for a joy ride. They took it for a joy ride and they dumped it on your property. Crazy.
Speaker 8: Another crazy thing, Another crazy thing was a truck was pocked in my driveway. Woke come out of the morning and it was blood in it and there was something. There's something strange it was done about that. Why do people believe he's in it in their cars? I don't understand. But like you say, but people that do something to people's cars they should be something should be done about and it's wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't hold on, Angelo, hold on. We want to get that address and we'll get that. Uh this T shirt out to you. Okay, it's a Saint Patrick's Day special, Saint Patrick's State T shirt. I know that you're not Irish, but you can still celebrate Saint.
Speaker 3: Patrick's Day, right yep?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, thanks Angelo, You're very welcome. Don't hang up, Probably get that information from me. Where are we going to go next? They we'll pick it up the pace we got Nick and Brookline. Nick, you were next one night, said.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Hey Dan, thank you, Thanks love your show. Just to let you know, call very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Sure, right ahead.
Speaker 6: So a couple of quick things. I just want to throw the first one out. The best boycott I've ever seen was the market basket boycott. Yeah, same market that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: It was amazing. It was for it was for the best, too, right, I mean it didn't go public. People still worked there. I remember mister Demols saying coming out there and saying, we're in we're in the people business. We just happened to sell groceries, which I thought was quite a statement. But the other thing too, is about this. Obviously, no one wants any damage and iything it's crazy, but it is working at Boycott on Tesla. There the stocks have gone from three ninety down to two forty right now.
Speaker 3: I talked about that.
Speaker 2: I talked about that last hour and obviously a lot of stocks that have taken a hit. How much of that is Tesla and how much of that is just what's what's hit the market?
Speaker 3: Will it configure that?
Speaker 6: I think the test one though, I guess there's a sixty or seventy percent drop in sales for Teslas in all of Europe, so that's a big part of it. And then trying to even here in the United States, I think they're down by forty percent. But anyway, a quick question for you, and I'm wondering this is a little bit of a conspiracy theory kind of thing here, Okay. It seems to me like it seems to me like, say you get rid of the Big three, right, because they're not going to be able to create thirty or forty billion dollars worth factories in the United States in the next month or even in the next five years or whatever, because it takes a lot of money from a company and profitability to be able to all of a sudden start rebuilding factories and train workers and all that kind of stuff. That's the reason they're set up the way it is right now is because it took like forty years for that thing to set up the way it is. You can't do it in the month. What if those companies fail, what's going to be left for companies? It's going to be tesla. So in my opinion, I think that it's quite possible that this is an inside job and that this is another way from Mosque. Who knows, maybe you'll come up with just regular gasoline driven cars and everyone a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not buying that, because I got to be honest with you. No, I don't look there was I'm old enough to remember there was a period of time when American cars, American manufactured cars became too expensive and too unreliable, and a lot of these companies from around the world, Japanese cars, and I'm not a car expert, Japanese cars, German cars, Swedish cars came into the country and people said, hey, this is a great car, you know, And I've driven Volvos for a long time my next car will not be Evovo because I've lost.
Speaker 3: Faith in Vovo.
Speaker 2: But the market, the marketplace dictated that. And I think what will happen here is that that American company, a bunch of American companies went to Mexico, A bunch of American companies out of Detroit went went south.
Speaker 3: They wanted to avoid the union issues.
Speaker 2: And now you know, those companies are smart enough to pay their workers a decent wage. And I guess some unions have have gone into Southern states, some havened.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: I think eventually they'll just bring back cars to America. And just like we got to we got to bring back computer chips to America. That's the real danger if if all of a sudden, China takes over Taiwan, what are we going to do for computer chips, never mind cars?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, you're one hundred percent. I think that. That's why I think, though these there's better ways to try to get industry back into the United States than by by doing what what's going on right now, for example, that well.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, if you've got a better way, hit me with an idea. Basically, what Trump is trying to do is saying, hey, we're going to hit you with tariffs if you're manufacturing cars outside of the country. Come on back inside the country and you'll be okay. He talked about the other day, and he made.
Speaker 3: A lot of sense. You know how many American pharmaceutical companies are now headquartered in Ireland.
Speaker 6: I love it because there's no because there's no taxes in Ireland. But how quickly can you get your again? You're gonna you need to have a full of income to come in for you to be able to invest reinvest in the United States. What do you do? You just PowerP the hell out of it. Put all these companies out of business because no one can afford to buy afford anymore. Because they're five to seven, eight, twelve, twenty thousand dollars more than they were. It doesn't make any sense. You got to do it in a smarter way. And the other thing too, is here, I'll give you all the way went out the way real quick, all right. Aluminium, aluminum and lumber.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: The reason that we get it from there is because it's cheaper, because they got a heckle a lot more of it. There's a lot more aluminum in Canada than there is here in the United States, and we use all of that stuff for cans and for metals and for you name it, right, and for housing and for things like that. So maybe if the if the terrafs were a little bit more targeted and a little less like it's kind of silly as they seem to be, because this is going to affect all the thick of all the building trades in this Country's.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to defend Trump, but Trump is targeting aluminum. Look, we've been doing aluminum.
Speaker 6: It doesn't make sense, it doesn't make sense. That's where you get this.
Speaker 2: Well, if that's what's going to hurt Canada to get them to drop tariffs, that's the theory. I'm not trying to defend the theory. Let me ask you this. I've been recycling cans for about forty years here in Massachusetts, ever since the bottle bill came out. Do you know many times I have put a can to get you know, hitto the machine. Why Why is that aluminum here not being recycled? What's happening to that aluminum?
Speaker 6: Because aluminum is not just like it's gonna take more than just your lifetime with cans in mine.
Speaker 2: To be a wait a second, wait a second, wait, wait wait wait, let me finish, Nick, Let me finish Nick. I'm not trying to fight here. I'm trying to make an argument to you, and that is this. When the bottle Bill passed in Massachusetts in nineteen eighty eight eighty seven, Lois Pine, Senator from Newton, was the big sponsor. I supported her. I did TV stories on it, explain to people that it's better to recycle cans, bear cans, pepsi cans, coke cans than seeing people throw them out on the side of the roads. I remember that there was litter everywhere in the nineteen eighties here in Massachusetts, and thank God for the bottle bill. But one of the selling points was not only will it won't cost you anything because you're paid a nickel for the can, and when you recycle it, you get it back, and that we then we're going to recycle the aluminum. We has that aluminum gone.
Speaker 6: Let's you know, well, there's not enough of it to be able to I mean there's there's just not enough cans made of aluminum to be able to cover all the stuff that aluminum is used for in an industry. So I mean, and the and the point of it is this. You get the tariffs a little backwards here. These tariffs were placed on us on Canada, and they are not a tax on Canada. They are a tax on American businesses. I know because I'm in I'm a buyer for a book business, and our company now is paying whatever twenty more per books that cannot be produced in the United States. They're too intricate to be produced here. They're like four they pulled out. They do all sorts of crazy stuff. They're beautiful books, you know, and they're not based. We're in this country, so you know, it has to be a little smarter than what's being done. Well, they're.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not a fan of tariffs, Nick, I want to see the tariffs used to get to a complete free trade situation. I'm somebody who wants free trade, but you have companies around the world that have hit us with tariffs. I'm not supporting Trump's policies here, but I do not want to take tariffs off the table.
Speaker 3: Nick. I hate to do this to you and I do have to run.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you very much, keep calling the show, Thank you, sir. Coming back on nightside, right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Rayline from the Window World Nightside Studios on w b Z the news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's keep rolling here, Gotta go to Rachel and Quincy. Rachel next on Nightside.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, by Dan.
Speaker 8: How are you good?
Speaker 3: Rachel? What's your what's your your conversation? What's your comment tonight?
Speaker 10: So I talked to Rob during I'm like, I gotta get on, you know, he said.
Speaker 9: No, Jackie can't because of Okay.
Speaker 6: A couple of things.
Speaker 9: I boycotted processed meats and I only ate foods that came from boor'shead.
Speaker 10: And then when Boyshead came out with that whole hysteria thing and la la la, I'm like, Okay.
Speaker 9: Where is the government coming in to make sure the area was clean?
Speaker 10: And the reason why lasteria came out is because it wasn't clean.
Speaker 9: That's number one. That's number one. The other thing that Dan, I would love if you could have some local farmers.
Speaker 10: On your show.
Speaker 9: The gentleman you had earlier talking about I didn't even understand half the words of you was saying about the importance of they don't need drones. They don't need they don't need drones. They don't need that was a.
Speaker 2: Fellow in the eight o'clock hour, Arthur Ericsson. Yep, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 9: Okay, so, and I know you and I have talked a little bit and William whatever. But I rescue horses. Where my horses are it's a farm, so there's sheeps, there's cows, there's chickens.
Speaker 3: Do me a favorite.
Speaker 2: If you have someone who you'd like to be in the show, give me a call during the day where I will give you my phone number and I'll talk to him.
Speaker 3: We'll see if we have someone to come on. Simple as that.
Speaker 9: Okay, No, it's very it's simple. But then you you get not simple.
Speaker 10: You know, it's like, oh, yeah, we're gonna do this, we do that.
Speaker 2: Well, let's do let's yeah, let's do this. Let's let's let's you and I talk about this off here because I'm going to lose my audience. We're talking about the subject of tonight.
Speaker 3: And so Rob will.
Speaker 2: Give you my direct line. Get me a call during the day and I will get back to you and we'll work out something. Okay, if that's what you want, yes, sir, all right.
Speaker 3: Sounds great.
Speaker 2: Rob, give a make sure you give Rachel my direct number during the day. Let's keep rolling here. We're going to go next to Glenn and brighton. Glenn, you were next on my second right ahead, Glenn.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this isn't what I call But I thought compute Silicon Valley was the computer chip mechro of the universe.
Speaker 3: It is Taiwan. Taiwan does all the chips.
Speaker 2: Uh, Silicon Valley, that's where they do the programming, that is, that's where they come up with the great ideas.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, for us to get enough to compewter chips, we got to hope that that would be if if China ever invaded Taiwan, we'd be in big, big trouble in terms of.
Speaker 7: And China knows that too. Yeah, that we'd be in trouble.
Speaker 3: You got it, You got it.
Speaker 7: Reason I call it. I told Rob, I've been boycotting since it began, cable TV and satellite radio because I don't believe in paying for radio or paying for television. Now I miss a lot of good stuff, obviously, stuff I would like, especially satellite radio. This seventies at seven and sixties and six yeah, okay, yeah, car and they put it on.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got nights side every night. So that's right, Yeah, no problem. I know you called me today.
Speaker 2: I owe you a phone call back if you've gotten the information on the brunch.
Speaker 3: I hope you join us.
Speaker 7: I did. I got it from Ron about an hour ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, good enough, okay, and then we'll see you in the twenty seventh.
Speaker 7: You know that's good for me. You know that's good for me. You know why. On April twenty seventh, twenty nineteen, Saturday, April twenty seven to five thirty pm, my loved one Shoe passed away from bone cancer. So this year instead of staying this year, instead of staying home and crying, I'm really sorry for myself. Oh hey, go with you?
Speaker 3: Sounds good? All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I gotta keep rolling. When to get one mind here before the break? Thanks Glenn, we'll talk later, okay, all right?
Speaker 7: Thanks?
Speaker 2: All right, let me go to Theodore in Baltimore Theatre. We're tight on time, and I may be changing topics. I want to hear what you got to say. Go ahead, theatre.
Speaker 11: Well, no ant assets for you tonight, Dan, No ant assets. I'm listening to you. First of all, I think what Trump is doing without expounding on it because you don't have time. It's criminal, It's actually criminal. Many of those figures he puts up on that chart have been fat checked and they're false. And the shame of it is, if you're going to root out waste and fraud, you at least be truthful about the employees. That's why the judge today made Trump reinstate thousands of employees from several different agencies because they got good reports and they actually went to the judge and said they are not good employees when the performance reviews which the judge had showed that they were doing excellent work. And in reference to employees and unions and companies coming back over here, for the most part, almost one hundred percent of these companies simply are profit driven. Absolutely. They don't want to pay union fees, they don't want to pay for collective bargaining. And they usually when they say, well they are the job creators, they usually when they get their tax breaks, they cloud that money back into both is for the executives and they rebuy the stock of their companies. And in reference to the situation overall, Dan, I have very serious doubts as whether there would be another election, now you've heard that. I'm not the only one to think that.
Speaker 2: But I'm not going down at ten fifty eight. I'm not going down that. Okay, that rabbit hole. If that's what you fear, make sure you talk about it. Call me some other night. I'll convince you to the contrary. But that's neither here to there. In terms of companies, companies are funded primarily by investors. Investors expect to get their money back. Corporations employ a hell of a lot of people in this country, Theodore. I've worked for corporations my entire life. If I hadn't worked for corporations, I don't know what I would have done. I've worked in the broadcast industry and all of those companies. A lot of those companies are going out of business, okay, because the newspapers are going out of business, because people lives are changing here. It's you know, capitalism works, Uh, that is true.
Speaker 11: And when and when you when we do have this conversation with more time, where you can convince me the opposite, I will be coming to the court with the radio court, with a bevy of bevy of lawyers.
Speaker 3: How's that Okay? Good enough? Sounds good?
Speaker 2: Sounds good to have a great mine. Good night, Here comes the eleven. I'd like to stay with this if you want to light the phones up. If not, we'll change topics. Coming back after this one night sight