Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis GOOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. And speaking of gold, in the photo here, he's got a gold suit. I don't think I could pull off a gold suit, but it looks good on him. A Lexicon of Life is the name of a new book from the lead singer of ABC. We have Martin Frye joining us right now. First of all, thank you for your time today. And how long did it take to put together this new book, A Lexicon of Life?
Speaker 2: A couple of years ago I thought I'd put a book together. Took about two months to write. I wanted to write it myself, all about my life adventures, the ups and downs, the roller coaster of my ride in the music business over the last thirty years. So that came together, put a lot of photographs in, did a big art book first. That sold out, so we're putting out part two. It took about six months, I suppose, Yeah, printed in Yeah, yeah, six months.
Speaker 1: And the thing that's nice there are a lot of people who are listening right now who are huge fans of the music. You've been doing this for quite some time. ABC has got a bunch of huge hits, and you've had a chance to go all over the world because of that and meet some amazing people and work with some amazing people, haven't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a still a fan of music after all these years. We started off in the early eighties having hits with Poison Arrow, the Look of Love, All of My Heart and had a great kind of run through the eighties into the nineties. In recent years, I've been playing live all over the world. Yeah, I've been playing a big orchestral show in Europe with the South Bank Simfhonia Orchestra and Dudley conducting an ABC the band that's been working out well. We toured last August September with Howard Jones and all the way across the USA and the response was fantastic, sold out shows, great pformances, great great nights. So we figured we'd do it all again. So I'm heading off to San Francisco to start a tour next week play eighteen shows through into March.
Speaker 1: I love that and one of the things that I think people like the most about watching you perform, even to this day, you can tell by watching that you are having a blast on stage. You absolutely love what you get to do, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, if you coin stand in an audience, you want to see something exciting. You don't want to say, oh, that guy was great back in the day. So I'm money as good as the next show I play. But I like to hit the ground running and slay the hits. We're co headling co headlining with Howard Jones, so we're in good hands, you know. But his music compliments what we're doing and vice versa, so it makes for a really strong show. Yeah, and there's a feel good factor. I feel really privileged to be able to stand on a stage in twenty twenty five, stand in that spotlight. There's a microphone in my hand, look out into the audience for see people having fun. It's a great experience.
Speaker 1: Now we've seen Hour Jones perform, and we've seen ABC perform, but I don't think we've ever seen you guys perform together. So I'm going to have to catch that tour and again if other folks would like to catch it. The website here ABC martinfry dot com. Is that where we go to find tickets for that and for the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not going to distribute it. For the book in America have its Europe, so it's some super fans of you know who really want to get hold of the book. They just ship it. But yeah, all the information is on there at yeah ww dot abc biktry dot com, so you can see the book and how to get a hold of it. Yeah, very much.
Speaker 1: I love that. Now I'm reading here about the orchestral performance. Is when you do that, do you bring an orchestra with you or do you work with an orchestra in each community that you actually go to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the Lexican and Love orchestra. I sound like Barry White, don't I. But it's like a fifty five people on stage. There are talks at the moment about trying to play some orchestral shows in America, but that would be with perhaps the local philharmonics and stuff. I'll bring the chart up and we'll put together the shirt. But in the meantime I get to play with the band on the up and coming tour in February. Yet just the band. It's not the orchestra on that one.
Speaker 1: Even with the outh the orchestra, I would still have a chance to see you and Howard Jones together. I think that would be really good. Again, Martin fry from ABC, thank you for taking the time to chat, and thank you for putting out this book. I know super fans are gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Thank John. Yeah, it's an honest story about the rollercoaster ride. Yeah. I wanted to bring people into my world to see exactly what goes on. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, our guest today has been Martin frye his new book, A Lexicon of Life. Martin, thank you again for taking the time to chat today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no prop that take care job.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Again Martin fry from the band ABC and his new book, A Lexicon of Life is out right now. I've got a link to it at Facebook dot com, slash Sunny Radio and you can find it directly on his website as well, that's ABC, Martinfry dot com.
Speaker 2: Someday you should know.
Speaker 1: Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis Gold Ira dot Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard, get a free gold and Silver Guide now at Genesis goold r a dot com.