Speaker 1: Drama, Darling Drama, Darling Drama, Darling.
Speaker 2: Hi, Friends, and welcome to another Darling Bish Hour with our dear friend Amy Phillips. Hi, Amy, friend Melissa Reich, Hi, Hi, how are you well?
Speaker 3: I'm doing okay. I have to say this is not our normal Kiki time. Even though I know we take on some serious topics, this is one that certainly left me pretty scarred. I have to say about what we're going to discuss, So immediate trigger warning. Melissa will give you all those trigger warnings. Momentarily, we may not have as many laughs as we normally do.
Speaker 2: Maybe not, although you know I do love an inappropriate giggle. But you know, I'm going to try my best, especially with the mood that I'm in. My brain is just like not firing on all cylinders. But Amy is right. So today what we're covering is Maternal Instinct on Netflix, which is truly one of the darkest, most horrifying documentaries that probably I've ever seen. Me too, which puts it in perspective because you know, I'm a true crime girl and I watch a lot of true crime, but this Maternal Instinct. When I watched it, I felt a really important need to cover it, but also knew that it would be a challenge. Right, We're not talking we're not key keying, we're not talking about housewives and something stupid that Alicia said. We're talking about very serious psychological issues here.
Speaker 4: But there's a lot for us to talk about.
Speaker 2: So at the top, I'm going to give a trigger warning that we are going to be talking about, oh, a lot of things.
Speaker 4: We're going to be talking about murder.
Speaker 2: We're going to be talking about specifically death of an infant of a mother, and we're going very very violent, very disturbing details. We're going to be talking about personality disorders, and you know, I'm going to talk about the difference between cluster A, cluster B, cluster C things like that. I just encourage people to use their discretion because what we're about to cover it, it's no joke.
Speaker 4: This is there's tints.
Speaker 3: I think that any trigger warning that's ever put out there, I think that you should just assume that there's a trigger warning for this because it really does, you know, it covers pretty much everything out there, Yeah.
Speaker 2: From murder to deceit to just things that a regular human brain has trouble processing. All of this, which is why I feel called to cover it because so many people have asked, you know, why and what's going on, and so.
Speaker 3: Everybody's talking about everyone seeing it, and it really is, I think, like the number one documentary on Netflix right now, or at least this week. And I was shocked by the end of this because I did not know this story. I have to be completely honest with you, I felt so sick to my stomach I almost threw up, that's how bad. And truly have done very much of a deeper dive past this just to find out more answers to some of the questions that I had, because the documentary can only cover so much and they did a great job, so there were a lot of unanswered questions, you know, just details here and there. So I did do a little investigating with that, and in doing that, I know Melissa has covered so much of the clinical aspect of it, and I'm going to be posing questions to her just from you know, the viewer perspective, the pedestrian perspective as to what maybe you guys would be asking someone like Melissa, since she's got an amazing background and truly has her finger on the pulse of all this, so I'm very interested. I think that this was an awakening for me on many respects in terms of personality disorders. Yes, this was a huge awakening for me to understand what this is. And it also became a personal thing for me because I know someone who has personality disorders much like this, and I never understood how serious that can be, and now I feel like I am getting it. So for that, that's why I am grateful for these types of documentaries and covering these things.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wow, you know.
Speaker 2: And the thing that I'll say is like everyone experiences personality disorders differently, and I look at everything clinically on a spectrum from not problematic on one side to pathological on the other. And for me, you know, who has worked with people in practice treating personality disorders and things like that, this case, to me is it's very intense and it's like nothing I've ever even watched or seen before. So yeah, let's get into it with I'm going to share a little bit.
Speaker 4: I'm going to share the synopsis, yes and synopsis yes.
Speaker 2: Also for people listening to this, if you haven't watched Maternal Instinct, please know we're about to tell you what happens. So there are I don't even to call them spoilers, because it's not like this is not like great entertainment, right you how to describe it?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? You're gonna know what happened in this story by the end of it.
Speaker 2: I'm about to tell you what happened. So if you don't want to know, tune out watch Maternal Instinct and come back, okay you or don't watch it, or literally don't all yeah and just listen to this because I definitely know that there is some people, especially if you've struggled with infant loss or child loss, this can be very triggering to fox. Yes, yes, the synopsis Netflix. Maternal Instinct is a harrowing true crime documentary detailing the twenty twenty murder of twenty one year old Reagan Simmons Hancock in New Boston, Texas, which, by the way, New Boston, Texas is a very small town. I think it was like a population of fifteen hundred people. So it's worth noting because you know, things like this typically don't happen in very but dangerous people live among us, and I think that's the scary thing and also important to know So continuing with the synopsis, it chronicles the chilling links to which Taylor Parker went to maintain an elaborate fake pregnancy, which culminated in her brutally murdering Hancock and surgically removing her unborn baby.
Speaker 4: To pass off as her own.
Speaker 2: So I'll give you a little bit of the case background and then we can start talking a little bit about it. So the deception was this woman named Taylor Parker. She faked a pregnancy for months to deceive her boyfriend Wade Griffin. Her elaborate ruse included fake culture sounds, a maternity photoshoot, and a gender reveal party. The crime took place in October twenty twenty. Taylor Parker attacked her friend, twenty one year old expectant mother, Reagan Simmons Hancock, in her home. Taylor Parker murdered Hancock and cut her feetus from her womb while her child was in the next bedroom. Which I added that because there's another level of pathology and antisocial behavior that goes to that this woman killed, this woman, cut her baby out and took the baby and left the child there just disgusting. And then the aftermath was hours later, Parker was pulled over by Texas State Police hysterically claiming she had just given birth on the side of the road. When they got to the hospital, medical professionals quickly determined she had not been pregnant. And so with the overview of this documentary is that the film uses police bodycam and dash cam footage, hospital interactions, and interviews with investigators to piece together Parker's devastating web of lies and ensuing police investigation. And what I appreciated about this is that rather than sensationalizing Taylor the murderer, the documentary really focused in the second half on the victims, the victim's family. They interviewed Reagan's mom, her sister, her stepfather, and they talked about how they navigated this tragedy. And so before we start talking about it, I just wanted to say that a lot of true crime docs get it wrong. I believe this one really got it right in terms of doing right by the victim and you know, the family and everything like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So where should we start, amy, I.
Speaker 3: Think one interesting part of the documentary was that there were interviews with all the people that you said, but also people that knew Taylor Parker when she was younger, and they were the ones who were aware of how dangerous, or maybe not so dangerous as they could have ever anticipated, but they were aware that she put on fake personalities. She would adapt to other people's stories and them her own. She was a pathological liar. She was constantly saying there was there were things that were wrong with her. She was saying that she had cancer, that she had a stroke, that she had ms. She had a multitude of problems and issues throughout her life. And so these are some of the earlier friends that she had, maybe in middle school through high school, that were speaking to that. So they knew her very well. They were not in touch anymore. So it's interesting to hear their testimonies about her because Facebook is a place where they're all watching some of this stuff happen, with the pregnancy photos and things like that. And the biggest aha was that Taylor Parker couldn't have kids anymore because she had a hysterectomy right right.
Speaker 4: And she had been married.
Speaker 2: What's so bizarre about this whole case is that as we unravel some of the details, it gets to the point where you're like, well, how on earth did she expect this to end. And so many people became aware of the grift because the friends that you mentioned, Mackenzie and Abby were the two friends that were interviewed, and to me, they gave the best insight into Taylor. Because personality disorders, they're present in childhood, but they really form and solidify in early adolescence and early adulthood. And so I find it fascinating when before the disorder presents, there's behaviors that we see. And the behaviors that Mackenzie and Abby talked about were what you mentioned that she had always said that one of them said she stayed sick. She was sick all the time. She said she had cancer. She said, you had MS and she had a hysterectomy. So the other people that participated in this Northeast Texas Women's House Center and they knew they saw the post, but they couldn't break hippo laws. So they were in a really tenuous situation right right.
Speaker 3: And the story kind of begins with this, well what Taylor always probably wanted, which was this love story of being with someone and having a baby. But this is Wade who she got with, and that's where the story really takes flight before that, and we know nothing much about this at all. But she was married twice and she has two kids, of which she does not have custody of. This takes place in Texas when she met this man, Wade. I think they met at a rodeo. She said she wanted to they vote for land because she claimed that she had oil money.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, yeah, she was an all Heirs, honey.
Speaker 2: Oh, according to her, she was an all Airs. But yeah, they met at the twenty nineteen rodeo and she was telling Wade and everybody her family was rich and she was an heerding well that her grandmother was a multimillionaire eight million dollars. And basically she approached Wade and was like, here's what I can give you. And then all of a sudden, she was buying cars, cattle, side by sides, tractors, which, by the way, I know not everyone is going to know what those things are, but those things are very large pieces of equipment. And one of the biggest early red flags was she Taylor bought Wade's mom a car and posted it on Facebook.
Speaker 4: Oh she posted that, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to me, Facebook is a really integral part of the story because it is there is a lane of Facebook that is like at tension seeking folks who are like, you know, something's wrong with me every five seconds, prayers, you know, bo fun of me.
Speaker 4: Is, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a grift or paradise on Facebook, if I'm being honest, and I think that, and then that car the way that she posted on Facebook ended up getting repossessed and so weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right right.
Speaker 2: But to your point is that when she met Wade and she told him all this stuff and they got together, she really didn't see the kids a lot, Like, they didn't talk a lot about that.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if.
Speaker 2: Some of the info that you got Amy, some of the other background info tells us what happened.
Speaker 3: It doesn't, haven't. I haven't come across any of that. But it was very strange to the family that she didn't have custody and it was noticed. But only after one month of Wade and Taylor dating did she start saying, my mother, she's trying to take this money from me. She's trying to sabotage my life. She's trying to put a hit out on me, she's trying to kill me. We'd be safer if we lived with you, Wade. So she moved in with Wade. She sold all of her stuff. She didn't have a lot of stuff to sell, No, she sure didn't. Sure because Wade's mom noticed that Wade's mom. There were a couple other people interviewed in this one, the mother of Wade, some friends of Wade, a real estate agent, and one of Taylor's ex bosses.
Speaker 4: And Reagan's mom right.
Speaker 2: Yes, Reagan's mom, Jessica, her sister, Emily, her stepfather, and so they really got a great cross section amazing folks to tell the story. It wasn't just like one person's side, It was so many people's side.
Speaker 4: It was just so well done, so well done.
Speaker 3: So after she moved in with Wade, this is when things really started to escalate, and escalate quickly with the lies about all the money. I saw this later that she pretended that she had a miscarriage with Wade early on. I don't remember hearing that in the documentary. You know, I'm not exactly sure if that's true. But then she said that she was pregnant and.
Speaker 2: Literally she did not have a uterus or cervix. It was removed the doctors that removed it confirmed them. They were interviewed, and it was after that that she claimed she remembers she went to one of Wade's family members who was a chiropractor, and she said, I feel in my spirit that I'm pregnant. And I was like, well, that'd be the.
Speaker 4: Only place you could feel it, lady, because that's yeah, yeah, that's nothing going on.
Speaker 3: And when she actually had the hysterectomy, apparently there was some trauma that happened where like she had an ectopic pregnancy, yes, yes, and she had her tubes tied, okay, right.
Speaker 2: And then she came back because she had pain, and they found it was like, despite having whatever surgery she had, she had an ectopic pregnancy, which would have been fatal if they didn't take care of it. And then she also had like a sister or something. It was some sort of a real medical thing, not one that she made up, because she did make up a lot of medical things, which, by the way, you are always going to see that in Grifters. There is some form of like a people used to call it Munchausen disorder, but that was just an inaccurate name. Munchausen interestingly enough, it was named after this guy Baron Munchausen who just told tall tales. But it's really called factitious disorder, either impost on self or impost on others. And it's essentially, you know, making things up, making yourself sick, or making up medical records, doctor shopping, doctor hopping to try to get the diagnoses that you want to have. And this particular characteristic the reason I'm pointing it out, it's present in a lot of scammers.
Speaker 3: Well, that's interesting, interesting, Okay, it's kind.
Speaker 4: Of a red fly.
Speaker 3: Wow, it just it kind of just go. It's just free with with purchase. It just is there with the kid, no matter what. That's really interesting.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that. Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, on top of that situation, when she did get that a topic pregnancy, she was married at that time, I'd believe her second husband, and for some reason maybe at the time, she had been under for surgery, but they made a decision without her to have a full hysterectomy. The husband made that decision for.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 2: You just okay, that's the last piece of the puzzle that I did not understand. Yeah, okay, so the husband decided for her. Yes, Oh, and I believe that's correct.
Speaker 3: Now I'm leaving, you know, a little bit of elbow room for me being wrong, but that's I know that she said that, and I know that that has been out there and stated in other publications and things like that. So that being said, she currently is using I don't know the name that she called it fetal abduction syndrome, something like that. I don't know, you might be able to tweak the words, but it's something that has to do with fetal and syndrome and when you try to take someone else's baby. That she is saying that that is what she had because of the trauma that she experienced with her hysterectomy. Well, of course she's going to say, saying in from prison, right of course. And she's also saying that being in prison it's like a whole new life. She's so glad this happened because now she can try and help people and bring awareness to this syndrome. Yeah, Amy, oh no, it's it's so messed up. But anyway, getting back to we're gonna call some.
Speaker 4: Bull sheet on that number one.
Speaker 2: Also, I'd like to say I survived O Varing cancer when I was seventeen and I also woke up to people telling me that my things were gone, and I was seventeen years old, and I've never tried to steal a baby.
Speaker 4: So I'm just saying, well, there you go, and.
Speaker 2: I'm joking and I'm laughing of course, but like I since you are understand.
Speaker 3: Person to be able to speak on that, So thank you, Melissa, and I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Professionally, it's like, I've never you know, gone and try to steal a baby or murder anyone. It's just like people like her, they'll come up with any excuse for why it's not their fault. And we're going to talk about this later in terms of like how personality disorder is different from mental illness because that is the response of someone who is committed to themselves.
Speaker 4: And that's about it. So yes, that's insane. Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Well, one of the other things that I found out, not in this documentary but in other places is that her ex husband contacted Wade and told him that she has had a hysterectomy and she cannot have kids. He contacted him, and there is a current civil lawsuit for Reagan's family suing Wade for basically like willful ignorance because of these temps, which is really yeah.
Speaker 2: And so to be clear about what Amy's saying is that for people who feel bad for Wade Griffin, everyone told him. Mackenzie and Abby they ended up knowing like a friend of the family. They told Wade's mother, who told Wade that Taylor can't be pregnant, she has had a hysterectomy.
Speaker 4: She neglects the children that she.
Speaker 2: Does have, which, by the way, for someone with these problems, they don't want the child. They don't want to parent, they want like to present a child. But then like, parenting is the polar opposite of what they're usually looking for, because parenting is, you know, it's not glamorous. You know, you don't get attention for the day to day ins and outs of tough parenting. She wanted the attention, she wanted the spectacle, she wanted the gender reveal and the baby stuff, but she didn't actually want.
Speaker 4: To raise a child, right, right, right.
Speaker 2: But to go back to what I was saying, is that Mackenzie and Abbey told Wade. Wade's mother told Wade. Corey and Stephanie Ott, who were friends of Wade, told Wade they begged him, they pleaded with him, she is not pregnant. She is lying, she is making this up. And so to your point, there was a lot of wilful ignorance and listen.
Speaker 3: And she was wearing this big pregnancy belly and he never saw her belly. He never asked to see it, or if he did, her excuses were, I don't feel comfortable in my body, I'm insecure, and so for literally ten months ten ten never forced his way to see this actual belly.
Speaker 2: People were talking about that too, because there were photos of her that at times she would have this belly and at times she wouldn't. But do you want to know the one really interesting piece, Amy, while I'm thinking of it, if you notice something Taylor Parker in every picture that they show of her, she looks different.
Speaker 3: Did you know that, Alissa? I was going to say the same thing. I have been dying to talk to you about this. I can't figure out her face or what she looks like. And that to me is the most bizarre part, considering that she isn't the person you think she is. Every single photo, every mugs, everyone, every video.
Speaker 4: Everything, it's like not the same person.
Speaker 2: What is that I'm being very mindful of how I say things here because I want to be really clear about something before I move forward. Is that I am not diagnosing Taylor Parker. I am using her case and looking at symptomatology almost like a case study, to say, here's the disorders that could fit this. I am not diagnosing her with anything. I just want to be really clear. But what I attribute that to is the fact that she had such a distorted sense of self. She had no self esteem, no self awareness, no self cut It was just so distorted that I believe her disconnect with self was so severe that it came across in every single picture of her. And we're not joking. Every jail interview before she was arrested, after she was arrested, even her court appearances, every single time she looks different. And I believe that it is indicative of the disorders that we're talking about, these these personality problems that are lifelong, that are fixed, and you know, our bodies and our minds are one.
Speaker 4: And I've never seen this.
Speaker 2: Before real, but it was something I've never seen it in person. But it stands to reason that because she feasted on other people's lives, because she didn't have her own. It's like her friend's. Mackenzie and Abbey said it was like she feasted on other people's lives to get more information about her grift so she could, like she learned from her boss, like who had like a child loss, and then she learned from her friend who had a pregnancy, and and she just took pieces from these people's lives and pasted them together to form her own life, which is inherently indicative of personality disordered kind of characteristics. That's what I think that is all about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 3: I am so glad you brought it up because I'm thinking, am I just the only one seeing this?
Speaker 4: Because this is crazy to me.
Speaker 2: It was so pronounced that I'm going to tell you my husband, who is not the most observant fella on the planet, you know, straight man, I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to be honest.
Speaker 2: Their perception, their observational skills are a little bit lacking no offense. I'm sure I don't know how many straight men listen to the show. Maybe there's one. If there's one, thank you for being here.
Speaker 4: But you are very perceptive.
Speaker 2: But my husband even said he goes to me. Why does she look different in every picture, and I was like, wow, even you noticed it, that's pretty good. Yeah, so it's pretty significantly Even he noticed it.
Speaker 3: Gosh, that's wild. Okay, well thanks for pointing that out. That's nuts.
Speaker 2: So should she did five thousand internet searches based on court evidence that they showed a.
Speaker 4: Few of them in the documentary.
Speaker 2: In the documentary, and I wrote some of them down because I felt that they were so fascinating, so she would go. So Wade was willfully ignorant and because of that, I believe these deaths happened, and I believe that they were preventable, but he just wasn't. I'm going to be honest. I feel like Wade was more interested in the money, yes, and trying to have a better life. And listen, I'm not judging Wade because there's a piece of it that it's like being whatever you want to call it, in a lower socioeconomic status, being a hard working, blue collar person. I understand that this promise it hooked him in, but she did that on purpose. Yes, so Wade is a victim too, but unfortunately he engaged in behaviors that it muddied those waters a little.
Speaker 3: Do you completely agree, and I think that she chose him for a reason. Clearly, he's very ignorant, very dim. His reaction not observant, not observant at all, and sent to a lot. For example, when he was told in the interrogation room by the investigator's police officer that there was a murder and that she took the baby, and so on and so forth, his reaction was, my parents, I should have listened to my family. And it wasn't at all like she killed somebody like. It was more about I should have listened to my parents. It was a very odd reaction, and I know that that's shock I would imagine, but even still, I haven't really seen a lot of his remorse towards the victim themselves. And that was weird, right, That.
Speaker 2: Was weird to me too, And I didn't love that. When he was interviewed, he was very a man of few words. He didn't show a lot of empathy towards the victims. Now that doesn't mean he doesn't feel it. He just seems like a man of few words and maybe not as expressive as one might expect.
Speaker 3: So it took you know, hold of him later and which where he did seem pretty overcome with emotion at the end. And he also said, I think it was like the last thing in the documentary, which was him saying, I think she wanted me to tell her I loved her, but I never did.
Speaker 2: Right, And so then you have to ask yourself the question, well, what was the endgame and why did she do all this for a man that she knew didn't love her.
Speaker 4: But that is the reason, because.
Speaker 2: A healthy individual, right, they wouldn't choose a person who wasn't into them. They would say, oh, this person's not into me, let me move on into a better relationship. But someone with her characteristics, she also has a lot of antisocial characteristics, meaning she you know, criminality, like at the end of the at the end of the episode, we learned that, you know, she had thirty aliases. She tried to buy twenty million dollars of real estate, making up people like lawyers, bankers and uncle things like that.
Speaker 3: And I just mentioned the Yeah, here's the little dark humor for you. So she said that you know she had oil money Shell right, So the letters that she wrote to the real estate agent on behalf of the Shell oil company or the representative who gives her the oil royalties.
Speaker 4: Her name was.
Speaker 3: Shelley Shelley, and her lawyer I think his last name was like Lawlesson or something lawless.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It reminded me of like Arrested Development when he's like, I'm bob blah blaw.
Speaker 4: You know, it's just you can't.
Speaker 3: That's how someone like her must keep things straight because she can remember her lies because she's making them so easy to remember the name. But yes, and you know, moving on to your point, she had apps that disguised her voice that I mean distorted her voice, that she could make these phone calls. She had burner phones, she had so many n She had a blocking app that where you could block your IP address. I mean, yeah, this is where it gets complex. And you think that she's just some you know Texan. I mean if you were to just you know, slap a you know, an empty label on her, you'd just be like, this is just some Texas crazy woman. It's like no, Actually, it's so layered to inplexities of her diabolical behavior and the work that she actually did to pull this all off. And Melissa, as we said, this town forty five hundred people.
Speaker 2: No, fifteen hundred, shut up fifteen hundred, fifteen hundred, Yeah, yeah, New Boston, Texas fifteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very smoh it's waste fifteen I thought. Okay, so the doctors saw her Facebook post. Now that's gonna tell you how small this town is. Right if they saw her pregnancy photos, shoot you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And they're like, hippa, we can't say anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then people would call, like Wade's family would call and they would say, well, we can't give you information, but I would trust your gut.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: That's what Wade's mom and his aunt and some friends like, they all got that information and they called every place that she claimed to go to, and they all had the same thing to say to her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like everybody knew, but the only person who could do anything about it Wade literally until the police told him she murdered someone and cut her baby out and claimed to be her own it. Literally, it's like the light bulb didn't go on, which is just like, oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, that's insane, not at all.
Speaker 3: She's texting us like she's texting Wade as her mother saying oh horrible, faster her push her down the stairs so you can be free.
Speaker 4: She'll probably kill herself.
Speaker 2: Which by the way, she was, and I think that was her projection. So this is what I took a note on, is that when she was pretending to be her mom trying to tell Wade, like I wrote it here, she would say to herself like calling herself like a fat bitch, but like pretending it wasn't her that was saying it. And so my belief about that is she was projecting how bad she really fell into these texts. It was almost like another way for that personality component to come in, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: It completely makes sense. She even like told on herself by saying like she's she'll kill herself like she's tried to she'll kind of kill herself like she's tried to do before, which we didn't we don't really know about and we don't really know if that's true.
Speaker 2: Well, people with these personality styles, let me put it this way, they care too much about themselves to usually do something like that. Like people who are highly narcissistic or have a lot of narcissistic traits and tendencies, they'll kill somebody before they ever take their own life usually for the most part. I mean, there's definitely exceptions to the rule, but again I think that was just that was her ploy for attention. And you know I need to be taken care of. Wade needs to take care of me.
Speaker 3: Think of a time when you could have used therapy. Think of a time when you were in a real pickle, maybe a breakup, maybe a burnout, crash out, major anxiety stress. Well you get where I'm going with this. But you wanted a therapist, and you wanted it right then, but you found it impossible to find a therapist online who took your insurance. Well, you know, affordable and accessible mental health care shouldn't be out of reach, but too often it is. Have you ever used your insurance to cover your physical health, so why shouldn't it also cover your mental health. Rula makes sure it does love therapy, you.
Speaker 4: Know I do.
Speaker 3: And there are a lot of online therapy platforms that actually fall short. Many don't work with insurance at all, which means you're stuck paying the full cost out of pocket. No one likes out of pocket or paying for an expensive monthly subscription. Rula does things differently. They partner with over one hundred insurance plans, making the average copey just fifteen dollars per session. That's real therapy from licensed professionals at a price that actually makes sense. Rula knows that finding the right therapists can make all the different. Rula considers your goals, preferences, and background to provide you a curated list of licensed in network therapists who are actually aligned with what you need. No wait lists, no frustrating back and forth. Rula makes it easy to find a mental health provider who is accepting new patients and appointments are available as soon as tomorrow. Plus, Ruli sticks with you throughout your journey, checking in to make sure your care is helping you move forward. Go to rula dot COM's slash drama to get started today. That's our Ula dot com slash drama for quality therapy that's covered by insurance. If I had a cash app back in the nineties when I was a teen, I could have been so financially smart and independent. I would have been able to afford my own discman. I could have bought all the Depeche Mode CDs I wanted. I could buy Lava lamps, I mean, you name it.
Speaker 4: Scrunchies.
Speaker 3: You guys, I would have been so awesome financially, it's not even funny, but that didn't exist. But guess what for all the parents out there with teenagers, we know you're already trying to keep a million different things under control. So cash app is here to make sure your teen's money and their spending isn't adding to that craziness. Cash app is designed to meet teens aged thirteen to seventeen where they are with intuitive educational tools. This is available through sponsorship by an eligible parent or guardian. Teens gain access to a personalized cash App card that comes in different colors and patterns to fit their style, and the ability to instantly access money from family and friends. How cool is that cash app makes managing money feel easier and just honestly super cool then other options out there. This is what I love about it. It can help teens develop real world financial habits in a space that's safe and easy to navigate with all of your oversight and approval. Say your teens getting their first job, well, cash app can get them access to their paychecks up to two days early and can help them achieve personalized savings goals that they can set themselves all within the app. With cash App, there are no monthly fees, no minimum balance requirements, and no hidden charges when sending or receiving money with the cash app card, you and your teens balances receive twenty four to seven fraud monitoring, and if something ever feels off, you have the ability to lock their card right from your phone in just one tap. For a limited time, New cash App customers can earn ten dollars if they use code family ten in their profile at sign up and send five dollars to a friend within fourteen days. Terms apply. Skip the stress and give your team a way to learn financial responsibility with no hidden fees. Download cash App and get started today. Terms apply. Cash app is a financial service platform, not a bank. Banking services provided by cash apps bank partners, prepaid debit cards issued by Sutton Bank member FDICE, direct deposit and promotions provided by cash App, a block ink brand. Visit cash App, Slash Legal Slash podcasts for full disclosures.
Speaker 2: Even though it's like it's weird because she was doing all the things. She was cooking dinner, she was mowing the yard, but it's like that's how she got him because the only thing that he cared about was that like the things that she did, like yes, coming home to a home cook meal and then she would bake a pie or whatever, and then he just wouldn't ask any questions. And you know, he was a simple man, and she knew use this simple but to spoon feed him to get him to participate in this.
Speaker 4: And she charmed his whole family.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this whole family immediately where they were like, you know, marry this one.
Speaker 4: She's great. She came on with this great personality. Right, one is not sure? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And listen, I'm not saying are you saying no, I just want to be clear. She multiple personality disorder is a so it's basically called dissociative identity disorder.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying she has that.
Speaker 2: I believe that she has various personality disorders, but not dissociative identity disorder. No, those people aren't aware. It's not purposeful. There's not ego, there's not narcissism. That's that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 3: And I get what you're saying, because it's like she is choosing to play this role. Yes, it's a choice to be this type of personality during this moment to get what she wants.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, very antisocial, very I'm gonna use crime and aliases and lies to get my needs met. And I don't care who I have to step over or step on or hurt or kill, because it's only about what she wants at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Now, Melissa, Oh, one thing, by the way, this is happening during COVID, which is a g which is great for her because that's why Wade couldn't go to any of the doctor's appointments right for her pregnancy because she's like, Oh, you can't come, it's COVID, Okay. So I just want to put that out there. What I found extremely fascinating was there were no priors, She had no record. How is that possible at this point in her life.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: Because women who have these personality issues are typically able to get off the hook, because this is where the patriarchy and misogyny actually helps women who are inherently problematic. Because she looked kind of like, I don't know, like cute girl, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like she was just like a regular gal.
Speaker 2: She looked kind of cute and because she was able to be such a manipulator, people would know, Like her friends would talk about these weren't the first lies she told. Like she was a liar basically since birth. Her mother said that she's just like always lied. Her friends Mackenzie and Abby said she mimicked people. She would ask girls for nudes to catfish guys when she was like in high school. And so my point being is these behaviors were there, but women who are con artists tend to get away with it for a long time because they're viewed as the fairer sex. Or a woman couldn't possibly do this, or she doesn't look like she could do something like this, and that's how dangerous women maneuver all the time.
Speaker 3: And on that note, you know she was married two times, she didn't have custody of her kids, and we don't know what happened there, but clearly not fit when she gets with Wade, Why and how did things escalate so quickly, literally over eleven months, ten months maybe to where she became a photographer on the side to do like family photos. And that's how she met the victim, Reagan, who was getting married and she found Taylor, probably through Facebook. Friendly said this is a friendly and expensive this and not a professional photographer.
Speaker 2: What but Taylor's the photographer at Reagan's wedding, which is so gross.
Speaker 3: Or your engagement photos right, and befriends. She did this to Reagan, she sought her out to continue that friendship. To me, this was a long con Okay in my opinion, yes, but to your point, it happened so quickly because manipulated it to do that so that he didn't have time to think.
Speaker 4: So this is what I wrote down, like, how did this happen? Okay? So the first step was my mom's crazy. I need to move in with you for protection, okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: Then the second thing was I'll give you everything you want. Oh have dinner ready, I'll mow the lawn, I'll take care of the animals, I'll pull my weight. Number three, I have money and I will buy your love. And then number four rushing, It doesn't give you time to think. With intimate partner violence or domestic violent scenarios, you'll often find these very rush timelines because people a sometimes they're not capable of faking it for long enough, and they want to really get their grift in Wow, but b it's a mechanism to prevent people from thinking about the decisions that they're making.
Speaker 4: Wow, Wow rushing yep.
Speaker 2: So you know, and unfortunately Reagan. You know, Jessica mother really advocated for her in this documentary and she just said that Reagan was a beautiful soul, someone who loved other people and wanted to be there for people.
Speaker 4: Who didn't have others. And Taylor knew that.
Speaker 2: She picked her victim unfortunately, extremely well, which tells me she has skills that are again antisocial in nature of like predators. They can sniff out weaknesses and others. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. It's like a sixth sense. They're so scarily good at it. And I think that's something that Taylor understood. In fact, Taylor sought her out, I think the night before she killed her and they went out to dinner. They spent time together. And to me, again that's very indicative of like an antisocial lack of empathy, because how so she hung out with Reagan, knew what she was going to do the next day, went home and got a fitfull night of sleep, and then went took the baby and left her child that it's just so it's so predatory. I guess I just want to be really clear about that.
Speaker 3: That makes so much sense, and it is my understanding that she was stalking women and not just she was her so like, and I don't that those answers for me that I got when those were some statements that I discovered that didn't go any further than that. I'd like to learn know a little bit more about how many people was she currently stalking, how many people has she stalked in the past to potentially execute other grips as you say, right, And what a perfect position to put yourself in as a family photographer, because you will agatiate yourself to these people and you make them see it makes them seem like you're so great. And that's why Reagan liked her, because then she's saying, you know, oh, I've got these problems with my husband and I just came out of a divorce or whatever, and now there's a right I mean.
Speaker 2: And that's how she used her femininity to get away with murder too, because again, you're not going to suspect the female photographer from your wedding and your shower, you know, And she got people feeling bad for her because with her history of feasting on people's lives, she had these stories to tell that weren't hers. But she knew, she knew what she was doing when she took these stories from people and then fed them to other people, right, And I think that's just yeah, it's just really sad.
Speaker 4: It's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: How could this have been stopped? So many questions here because her mother. The understanding that I have is that her mother was living in somewhat a little bit of fear because she would take care of her daughter, Taylor's daughter, and she was afraid that Taylor would take the granddaughter away from her if she were to do something, you know, So she's just trying to keep her at bay. Although am I right that her her mother did say did tell somebody that she couldn't have kids?
Speaker 4: Isn't that correct? Didn't the mother?
Speaker 2: That is also correct? Yes, the mother spoke to people. Yeah, she just she wasn't on the documentary they showed a picture of her. But she did also try to help, Like when whoever called her, was it Connie Griffin, Waite's mom or one of Cory's friends. Someone called her and she said I've been waiting for this call.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Oh, I've been waiting for this call. She said, oh yeah, mother said that. Yes. The mother said that, yes.
Speaker 3: And so you know, you've got all these people that know, and they're kind of just waiting there, you know, the friends from the past, waiting there to see what she's going to do, because everyone's told Wade, what else can they possibly do? Because how could you anticipate something so gruesome? No one could have anticipated that, could they have? Because she's never displayed murderous traits before? How could they have expected this? Would the mother have?
Speaker 2: As I was watching it, I saw all the red flags in terms of like stalking, an obsession with another woman's child.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to get back to that.
Speaker 2: Her friend Mackenzie or Abby, I forget which one was pregnant. One of them was pregnant, like so, she and Taylor were friends. They bonded over not being able to have children. But then the one got pregnant, and then Taylor became obsessed with her pregnancy. She wanted to go on her tracking app. She wanted to go to her doctor's appointments. That's right, she wanted her tracking app log in. Yes, and it spooked. It spooked her so bad, which, by the way, this saved her life. I'm telling you right now, the only reason this woman was alive to tell this story is because she listened to her gut and said, I need you out of my life. I'm not talking to you anymore. And then Taylor had to look for a new mark. I fully believe, I will say this with my whole heart, that her friend would have been the victim if she had not cut her off Number one. Number two, when you see the flags of the pathological lying, the planning, the internet searches, how to fake an ultrasound order, cheap silicone belly, private infant adoption, new board adoptions, how to file birth certificate for home birth, how to find a birth mother, and then her last search was video of a sea section. She literally watched on YouTube a video of a sea section, knowing that what she was going to do to her friend that she just spent time with that night. And so the stalking, the obsession, the pathological lying, I could see that something really bad was coming. Unfortunately, an average person most likely is going to miss those red flags.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they are not seeing this, They're not seeing the Internet searches. They're not seeing that she's stalking this person and laying the foundation. And you know, when things are to the end, you know, nine months she doesn't have the baby. She's telling everybody that she's going to do this appointment, that appointment, and now it's ten months and everyone's going like, what, what's going to happen? Yeah, she tells Wade that she's going to go to a different hospital, one that's like in Oklahoma or something, because she can't go to the ones in Texas because they all know she's full of shit, so she can't go there. So she says that she's set up like a c section or whatever, an appointment to get to have the baby. And that morning she sets fire to the fucking house.
Speaker 4: To Wade's house.
Speaker 2: He wakes up and he's like, the house is up far and he's like, I had no idea how happy it is.
Speaker 4: It's like, really, you don't, you know, to the enemy.
Speaker 2: And not only that, but she sent him to sell hogs like four hours away. Mm hmm, So she set his house on fire. She sent him four hours away to sell these hogs. She called in a bomb threat of Mount Pleasant Hospital using one of her like her voice hiding apps because it said it was a male subject, and we're like, you know that was Taylor.
Speaker 4: You know that was Taylor. I mean, come on.
Speaker 2: And then she told Wade to leave to go sell the hogs, and then she went killed her friend, took the baby and just drove down the road, thinking that people were going to be like, yep.
Speaker 4: You know what this tracks. Yeah, that is so wacky to me. That's so cy I mean it.
Speaker 3: Is like, so this whole plan that she had, which was to get this guy have a baby, and she's executing this situation and at the very end, she ends up having this baby, which by the way, does not survive obviously, and neither does Reagan rights which is rest and prestous peace.
Speaker 4: And I will never forget them ever.
Speaker 2: No, literally, I think about Reagan and that baby. I'm not kidding a lot. I don't even really believe in God, but I've said prayers. I'm just like, I hope they're at peace because the empathy and the grief that I feel not even knowing them, I'm like to do something like that. You have to really We'll get into this and I'll explain what I think is going on. But primarily you have to lack empathy inherently. You couldn't do something like that physically. They said in the at the end, there were one hundred and thirteen sharp force injuries to Reagan. One hundred and thirteen. That is one hundred and thirteen times that she made choice after choice after choice to continue with this, and that just shows complete lack of empathy none whatsoever.
Speaker 3: The doctor even said that he could not believe the way that she had done that because it I can't even discuss that. I just get you.
Speaker 2: Could look at you could watch the documentary. He talks about how she did it and how she did it incorrectly. But I agree, we can. People can watch that if you want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the doctor did say in the documentary that because they all knew that something was going to have to give with Taylor, because her dutate and was pasted, and what's she going to do? So the newborn unit what a out of pink, A code code pink, which basically meant, like, you know, she could come and steal a baby.
Speaker 4: So they were right.
Speaker 2: Because that's what they thought. She's going to try to steal a baby. No one ever thought that she would try to kill somebody to obtain a baby, correct, Which that's where I guess personally as a professional, I feel a lot of people failed Reagan and her child in the scenario.
Speaker 4: Yes, because I think.
Speaker 2: At this point, if you're doing that, there should have been other interventions that needed to happen, and I you know, I think there could have been more that could have been done.
Speaker 3: So, Hippa, you can't get past that, right, I mean, no, you cannot can't. It's so you know, I kept thinking like, isn't there anything?
Speaker 4: And no, they could.
Speaker 3: They did everything they could by saying, trust your gut, you're on the right track, follow the breath crumbs, like you know, they did what they could do you And I mean, that's that's true. Never could have anticipated what was going to happen. So when she's in the car and she has this baby, Melissa, after all of what she did to get to this point, where did she think it was going to end? And how does someone who's that specific in terms of planning this whole ruse fail with an ending?
Speaker 2: Because the ironic thing about people with whether it's antisocial personality disorder or different types of personality disorders, it's not logical, you know, it's like.
Speaker 4: It's just impulsive in the moment thinking.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of impulsiveness. And so we can start to talk about this if you want to. It's some of like the characteristics of some of these like cluster be personality disorders.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the personality disorders. Thank you, okay, okay, let's talk about that a minute.
Speaker 2: So the first thing that I want to say, because Amy had asked this question and it was such a good point, what is the difference between personality disorder versus like a mental health disorder? Because when you hear the colloquial term, for example, crazy, this is not somebody who was delusional or not understanding what they were doing.
Speaker 4: She was not psychotic.
Speaker 2: She was in charge, aware and making active decisions. And so personality disorders are technically a type of mental health condition, but they differ from mental illness like depression and anxiety in their duration number one, how the person views their symptoms to and treatment number three. So let me explain mental health issues like major depressive disorder, for example, which I have. I have major depressive disorder and I have PTSD. They can occur at any age fluctuate and be episodic, but personality disorders the big differences. They are rigid, lifelong patterns that typically develop in late adolescents or early adulthood. As I had mentioned, now, this is the key thing people with mental health issues usually recognize is that their thoughts or feelings are causing distress. But individuals with personality disorders often see their behaviors as normal or a necessary part of who they are, attributing their problems to external sources. So when Taylor said that she has this like alien abduction syndrome or whatever she tried to say she has, she's trying to blame something that's clearly not her when this is all her. She ruined many families, generations. The ripple effect goes on, but she's in jail saying, well, this is why I have trauma and this is why this happened.
Speaker 4: And no, that's that's absolutely not so.
Speaker 2: The mental health conditions affect how you feel or act, but a personality disorder fundamentally distorts a person's sense of self, how they relate to others in the world. And I know that was a lot, but that does not make sense.
Speaker 4: That's the difference.
Speaker 3: It does yeah, I had no idea how serious personality disorders are. And well, to me, it almost seems like they're worse than mental illness because like, and I know that you're gonna say, no, that's not necessarily sure or whatever, but I'm just in my opinion right now, they seem worse because like, when I see the term or the title the category mental illness, that seems really intense, and then I see personality disorder that seems less intense. So that's why I was like, why aren't we putting that under mental illness? Because mental illness is, you know, it should be the umbrella that encapsulates all of the issues that we have going on because it's mental and if we're ill on some level, why wouldn't that be under that category. But I understand what you're saying that these are very separate, and I why aren't people talking about this more often? Because it's maybe you're like, actually, they do a lot in my life, and as a matter of fact, it's quite obvious.
Speaker 2: No, but no, I mean it's so common for people to not really this is something probably only a clinician would really know. These are not things that the average person is going to understand, Like, I went to school for years to understand to learn about this stuff. Then I worked on it in private practice in my career and all of that. So it's okay to not Like, when you look at a person, you know, a personality disorder, mental health issues, they're invisible A lot of times you can't see it on the outside, and so it does. It leads to confusion, it leads to misunderstanding. But the one thing about personality disorders is that they're less treatable, but only because when you're struggling with a personality disorder, there has to be two things present. I believe that anyone can change. I really truly believe it. I've seen people change, I've seen miraculous things happen. But you have to have two things, and one is awareness and the other is motivation, and those are the two things that people with personality disorders most often don't have. However, I don't want to paint all of the personality disorders with the same brush, because we're talking about so there's cluster A, there's cluster B, and there's cluster C. Now cluster A is otter eccentric, and under that falls paranoid. Schizoid and schizotypal. So those are personality disorders, which is differentiated from schizophrenia, which is a delusional disorder under mental.
Speaker 4: Illness Wow yeah wow.
Speaker 2: And they're yeah and they and they differ, which again I don't we don't have to.
Speaker 4: They do differ, but we don't have time to go into that.
Speaker 2: But cluster B is where a lot of the so cluster B is dramatic, emotional or erratic, and so under cluster B we have antisocial personality disorder, which is characterized by disregard for the rights of others, impulsivity, and a lack of remorse and so antisocial this is where if you hear the term sociopathy or psychopathy, this is kind of usually what those broad umbrella terms talk about is antisocial personality disorder. So as children, you're gonna see a blatant disregard of rules, maybe some conduct issues, getting in trouble with the law, you know, disregard for authority, and lack of remorse, things like that. And you also this is where you see the dark triad of traits in terms of like setting fires and like abusing animals and things like that that would fall under antisocial borderline personality disorder involves mood swings on stable relationships, if fear of abandonment, and identity disturbances. But people with borderline personality disorder generally are not aggressive. They may self harm. That happens a lot with borderline personality disorder, but that's not typical right for people in that category. Histrionic, it's defined by a constant need for attention, shallow emotions, and a highly suggestible or theatrical behavior. And then the last one is narcissistic, which involves grandiosity and excessive need for admiration and lack of empathy for others. Okay, I know that was a lot I believe she has. By the way, comorbidity is very common when you have one personality disorder, you can experience others within the same cluster or different clusters, And in my opinion, she meets a lot of the criteria for a couple of these. In my opinion, Now there's cluster C, which is anxious or fearful, and those are like obsessive compulsive personality disorder, which differs from an obsessive compulsive disorder, which is It's all a lot, and it is very confusing, but the point of what I'm saying, it's very common for people to exhibit traits from multiple disorders across multiple clusters.
Speaker 4: If that makes sense.
Speaker 3: It does does she span I mean, in your opinion, does she span ABC or is she just mostly in B.
Speaker 2: I think she falls in BE for the most part. But you know, there's a certain level of delusional thinking in terms of like reckless or impulsive in terms of what we talked about, where it's like, well, there was no plan there, Like you knew you weren't going to have a baby, so what were you like? I think she was just so used to lying and getting away with it that she wasn't accustomed to running into like a closed road for her, you know what I mean. She wasn't accustomed to consequences or having truth get.
Speaker 4: In the way.
Speaker 2: And so for me, it was a lot of things that led to this, but a lot of very complex things.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that would have to be my thought.
Speaker 2: I think she really has some very antisocial, criminal, narcissistic attention seeking.
Speaker 3: All personality disorders be treated with medication, no.
Speaker 2: Not with medication, so they're hard to treat because they're deeply ingrained. How Ever, there are therapies like CBT cognitive behavioral therapy, and it's something called DBT dialectical behavior therapy that are proven to be effective for people with personality disorders. However, again you have to be aware and you have to want to change. And the cluster bees of all the clusters, with the exception of borderline personality disorder, I'm going to pluck that out for a minute. They're typically not interested in doing anything different. It's everybody else that's the problem, it's not them. But treatment can be highly effective. Now, there are some studies that suggest that people with like an antisocial personality disorder, that talk therapy only makes them more savvy. They learn how to manipulate, they learn what to say to manipulate, especially if they come across a practitioner who isn't savvy enough to identify what's going on. So the point is, yes, they can be treated. And I hope because I I know there's people listening to this that have personality disorders, and I want to be really really mindful of Like, people with personality disorders are not psychos, they're not psychopaths. Right, we have some individuals who happen to be those things, and also happen to have some of these personality disorders. But this is not common. I guess I just want everyone to hear the absolutely absolutely okay. I mean, and guys, we all have our stuff. I mean, come on, you know what I mean. I got my stuff.
Speaker 4: We all have. I got two hands of stuff, girl.
Speaker 3: I mean, I got a bushelves, I got a bushelp, I got a hog farm full of it. But I do want to just mention a couple of things. I know we'll probably have to wrap in a moment with some of the things that I discovered outside of the documentary. Yes, Tom, she's not paying child support. In the past, she was offering fifty thousand dollars to surrogates.
Speaker 2: Oh, which she doesn't have fifty dollars, So no, she sure doesn't.
Speaker 3: That's wildcrift in prison. This is an interesting thing. She before she was moved to death row. I believe she was like with you know, the general population. She caused so much trouble in a prison that they had to move her because she was causing so much. Do you know how hard it would be for a prisoner to cause so much trouble inside of a prison that they would actually have to move you. I mean, that's what's wild. So she was asking she had like an inmate, a cellmate, somebody who she was convincing them that they did what she did. She was having them write a confessional letter. She had other people try. She was trying to get other people to write a confessional letter that they did this crime that she did. Okay, I'm just gonna leave that there.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 3: She wrote a letter to the FBI saying like, I you know, I am really good about what I do. I can help you.
Speaker 2: And they were like, okay, so the narcissism and that I'm sure do we say what I'm talking about, the narcissism to believe that the FBI could learn from you, bitch?
Speaker 4: Oh oh that's interesting. How you okay?
Speaker 3: They were like no, thanks. And the diagnosis that during the court hearing they had like I want to say, three or four different diagnoses done on her defense, prosecution, whatever, And interestingly enough, they said that she wasn't mentally ill, she does have personality disorder.
Speaker 4: Oh good, I'm glad that I know what I'm there, you go, I know I want to know that. They said that, yes, I know, he didn't.
Speaker 3: And then they also had a neurologist look at her and they did like an MRI of her brain much to like what you said. They said that she has frontal lobe dysfunction, which.
Speaker 2: Is very common with people with antisocial personality disorder and things like that.
Speaker 4: That is very very common.
Speaker 3: Lastly, we didn't talk about how Wade's coworkers or like his boss boss and his wife were really invested in this couple and really believed him. And she had her fake pregnancy belly, she somehow was able to make it move to make it look like the baby was kicking. So that person was completely believing Taylor and was like very much in Wade's ear, saying like you got to take care of her. You go, that's your baby, you know all this stuff, So I just want to try that's her plan. By the way, did she get is that like some sort of electronic like movement thing or how did she even do that?
Speaker 4: I don't here. That's what I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 2: People with these issues, if they put that time and effort into something real, they could cure cancer. But instead they want to fool people, rob people, builk people, you know, whatever it is that they're looking to do. They will put all their time, resources, brain power and effort into that and they'll get it done because that they're motivated to do right.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, And if she had that level of motivation towards getting better, she could anything as possible. But she she doesn't, because that's ridiculous to think that you're having inmates write letters like girl, the jig is up, You're on death row.
Speaker 4: You've been found guilty. There's no one else that could have, would have or is so to me?
Speaker 2: It just displays again this like narcissism, ego and lack of understanding about herself others in the world.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: My last thing is that just so everybody knows she has exhausted all the appeals. Oh good, and so it will continue with the death sentence. There's no there's the.
Speaker 4: Thing, Amy, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: I am not usually a proponent of the death sentence for me.
Speaker 4: For me, I feel tricky.
Speaker 2: That's not her us to decide. However, this woman is a menace to society. It's proof in jail right that she's still doing the same old Shitah. And this is a very dangerous person that I am grateful she will not be able to hurt, well, anyone on the outside, I'd be concerned for people on the inside if I'm being honesty, if she thinks she can get something from them. But I think that this is a case where, you know, for Reagan and for that child.
Speaker 4: She needs to go away forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I hate to say that, but that's why this case is so icky, because it makes you feel it's just so bad.
Speaker 4: It's so bad, it's so ugly.
Speaker 2: But I really hope that through us talking about it today, people have gotten a better understanding of like, you know, because for me too, this is about right taking the stigma away from like mental health issues or you know, things like that.
Speaker 4: And you know, I love it.
Speaker 3: That's that's why I just I get so happy and so excited about your explanation about all this. And I'm the perfect person to talk to about it because I'm a narcissist, No, because I because I'm so it takes me a little while to understand things, and so I feel like I can ask the right questions over and over again in order to get a real understanding for myself. And then therefore, you know, those out there listening are probably like, yeah, Amy, we got it. The first time she explained it, we didn't need to say. But I feel like it just it helps, you know, you really, you can really put the layers down and explain it. I just this was we could talk about it for another hour, you know, we could, but listen and maybe we'll need to do and maybe and maybe we could do a separate, a whole separate podcast where you do talk about like the personality disorders in general and mental illness in general, just like a you know, psychology one oh one would be really interesting.
Speaker 4: But well, if y'all want to hear that, let me know. I'm happy to do whatever people want to hear.
Speaker 2: But Amy, I really appreciate your voice in this too, because you got all that other information and I just appreciate you very much, Number one, everything you brought to this. Number two, And you do represent the average American who like is a good person and doesn't see how someone who seemingly is a good person could do something like this, right, And so I think for me, it's just about like helping to give people answers, also helping people to understand red flags and keep themselves safe because there are other tailors out there, and I guess What I just want to say is to wrap this up, is if your gut is telling you something is wrong, please listen to it.
Speaker 4: You don't necessarily need to put your finger on it.
Speaker 2: You don't need to name it, you don't need to have like a litany of like backed up reason.
Speaker 4: It's just I believe your God.
Speaker 3: Always to ears way, go the other way, because if you're a very nice person and your receptive, predators will be looking for you because they want that person that they can and persuade little by little if you're ignoring their bad behaviors and you know, and you're letting them squeak in and you're letting this fall.
Speaker 4: By the way, oh, they didn't really mean that. They didn't. Surely they couldn't.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, I'm just gonna I'm a bright light to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And also, by the way, predators use something called habituation, which is like they step their toe over the line over and over to get you used to it, and then they step it over more. Get used to that, and then they step it over more and.
Speaker 4: You get used to that. Wow.
Speaker 2: See yeah, that's I'm just trying to let's keep ourselves safe, y'all. Say from the tailors of the world, Amy, thank you so much. This was actually, you know, it was tough content, but.
Speaker 3: I you know, I did I did my job, which is showing up and just you know, asking the questions. I'm so glad that we did this. And and thank you. Thanks for your insight and your intelligence and all the work that you've done in your life to get us to this point and understand this stuff so well.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Thanks to our listeners, yes.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for all the Darlingbishes who support us and love us. And so you know what I would say is, please check both of us out, check me out at your bish therapist, check me out on Patreon, patreon dot com, backslash your bish therapist, and please give Amy and I five star reviews if you'd be so inclined, and you haven't already. The world is harsh, and you know it really makes a difference. And thank you all for those that have already done that.
Speaker 3: Thanks you guys. You can find me anywhere listener to guest drama Darling and my patreon is patreon dot COM's last drama Darling. Okay, okay, all right, thank you all. Bye listen Bye, disclaimer. Posts are not intended to diagnose, treat or provide medical advice. Your bish Therapist is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The podcast, my opinions and posts are my own and not associated with past or present employers, any organization's, BravoTV, Greyheart Productions, or any other television network. The information in YBT podcast and on its social media is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose our treat Please do not act or refrain from acting based on anything you read, see, or hear on YBT podcast or associated social media. Communicating with ybtvia email and or social media does not form a therapeutic alliance. Melissa, operator of YBT, is unable to provide any therapeutic advice, treatment, or feedback.
Speaker 1: Drama Darling Drama Darling Drama Darling