Speaker 1: Welcome to today's Breakthrough Lab episode. Your next breakthrough starts here today. I have a wonderful guest, an old friend person I haven't seen in years, but his social media is keeping me aware of all the amazing things he's been doing. A gentleman who I know operates from heart, and he's sitting here next to me, and I could already sense his energy, powerful lion energy. So let me read his bio because he's just a remarkable human being with a great story to inspire you today. His name is Malcolm Wilson, founder and head coach of Level Up Jim in Stratford, Connecticut. Malcolm turned personal laws into purpose, creating one of the region's most inspiring fitness communities. His mission is very simple, but effectively powerful, to help people level up through mental, physically and emotionally through fitness, boxing and mindset coaching. From a small basement studio in his mom's house to a seven thousand square foot facility, Malcolm has built a movement centered around growth, community, and lasting transformation. This is the Breakthrough Lab with Malcolm Wilson. So Malcolm, welcome to the Breakthrough Lab. Brother. Yeah man, oh so good to see you. The man, it's been so long, too long, Malcolm, from your mom's basement to a seven thousand square foot facility, brother, Like, I love it. You're sitting in the seven thousand square foot facility where you're inspiring people, You're transforming their lives. Tell me, how do you feel? How do you feel when you wake up in the morning?
Speaker 2: So I feel amazing. I feel amazing. What really makes me feel amazing is just knowing that I'm progressing each day, and not just progressing my own life, but I'm helping other people every day. Yeah, and seeing their stories and and seeing them go from you know, this way into into a healthy weight, seeing them go from low energy to to high energy, seeing just all the changes. It could be little walking up the stairs without breathing heavily. So it's it's very fulfilling feeling seeing people win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seeing people win, right, And there's one thing about you winning, but then there's you winning with others, right, Like, how does it feel to actually walk, you know, create a tribe, create a community? Right? Was that something that came to you naturally or was that something that that had to you know that that eventually you said no, Like, it's not about me winning by myself, it's about me winning with others, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a great question. So naturally, as when I was younger, I was thinking back to it, I was like I was always someone who wanted others to win. So even back when, it's like when I used to party a lot, right, and I remember just going to parties and I never used to like to party by myself. So I always like to have fun with my friends, right, Okay, And my mindset was it's it's it's just not fun if my my friends are not having fun. So if like if I don't know only one having fun dancing with a girl, I got my friend, Hey, this is Geo. We get a girl over and we have on together.
Speaker 1: Right, So hey, hey I want to We're working with my party years.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so the party years along behind me now. But now it goes into just like other other aspects of like helping people to to win physically, mindset, you know, even we even talk about you know, helping people you know, finances. Right. So it's just like I want my members and my clients and my community to win in just every aspect of life, right, and if I can't help with with it personally, I'll like for like you say, even going to deeper level finances, I'll recommend to you. Right, So giving them the resources they need to win.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. And what do you So tell me how did your mom think you were crazy? When like you're like, hey, mom, I'm building a gym and she's probably like where is it going to be? And I'm like, news wise is going to be in our basement, right, Like, yeah, tell me the story of like how your your basement became the go to place, you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the good So the good thing is my mom is my mom's a little crazy as well, right, So, and I feel like anybody who is an entrepreneur, you got to be a little crazy, right because it's so literally comes from a vision, right because like this this uh, this beautiful space you have here, right, it came from it was nothing here, was just a space, right, or it was something else, right, But you have to vision the MIC's vision, the art vision, the beautiful red chairs, right, Like all that came from your mind. Right, So and then you you think about it and then you fulfill it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So my mom understood that process and when she gave me she gave me a tour of the new house that she was in in the basement, she didn't know what to do with and I looked around. I was like, you know what, ma, like, I know what we can do here, and she was supportive of it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So one thing I love. My mom was always in my corner. She always believed in me. We always supported each other. So she's an entrepreneur as well. So she she owns a daycare, okay, yeah, and her daycare went from home daycares right so that that day there was the daycare above the gym where he was that right, she had her home daycare and then my son was going there at that time.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, you got that family discount on the daycare.
Speaker 2: So but then so she went from family daycares right, so in the house into her and my sister. They're they're in business together and now they have a big location as well that they are amazing about, like about five six thousand square footage.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I've seen so many people succeed in the daycare business and at the state of Connecticut has supported so many families as particularly woman. So I'm happy that your mom took advantage of all them, probably some of the programs, and also just to know how to become an entrepreneur. Yeah, do you come from a line of entrepreneurs? Are you? Is your mom and you the first generation that says, okay, we're gonna own something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So with the we're the first generation of it. So I'll say my mom it was the first one. So she she started it. So she's the one who really inspired me. So you know, shout out.
Speaker 1: To you, giv to mommy Mommy dukes.
Speaker 2: All the credit. So but so back in we used to live in the Bronx. So back in the Bronx, I remember we used to live on Jerome Avenue. It was in an apartment right above a pizza shop, and I remember it was it was two bedroom apartment. My my dad and my mom was in one room, and me and my three other siblings shared one room. Four of us in one room, right and me and my my twin brother had a bump bed. And I remember the train used to go by and at night I'll see the shadows of the train and just hearing trying to sleep. And we was there for like like about three years, and and she had the daycare there, and that was the first start, right, and then it started to build up up, and then then we moved into a house and on Monticello, and it was the first time I had my own room. And you know, so all of us had.
Speaker 1: Almost been a playground for you. My own room, tell me how it was. Actually, I'm I'm gonna go a little bit on a tangent. I would love to know that feeling that you felt, like if possible. I don't know how old you were, but like when you were like, I'm going to have my own room, Like, how was that feeling? Do you remember it at all?
Speaker 2: I absolutely remember it felt amazing because I was used to sharing, the sharing the space, sharing the beds, and it was just amazing to have my own. And I'm also a twin brother, right, so even when you have a twin you even share even more. Right, every your birthday share they try.
Speaker 1: To make you dress the same sometime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so you know, me and my twin brother were so tight, so I didn't really mind it. But but just having my own space, it was just it was just amazing. And and I I just remember like, oh, you know, we're we're leveling up, you know, so I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it came from my mom's entrepreneurship, you know, and having a daycare.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, so now you created this facility, you have the dream you are, You're stepping into this house. Your mom's like, this is big basement. I don't know what to do with it. You're seeing boxing equipment, You're seeing like bench press, and you're like, mom, I know what to do with this. And you already had the inspiration from your mom being an entrepreneur. So tell me about the first three months that you Was it always level up a fitness or was it did it have another name? Was it a no name? And all the friends were coming over? How did that process go?
Speaker 2: So? So it so the basement Gym started in twenty seventeen, but technically I started LLC twenty sixteen. Okay, But as soon as as soon as I was so, I was a trainer, I was at I was at the Edge, I was at UFCG, I was doing both of those locations, working many many hours. Then I stopped working at the Edge, and just then I started I became the fitness director that you have see Jim and Norvalck and and just over time, you know, I felt like I wasn't getting paid my worth. I was like, you know what, it's it's time to you know, to do this summer own. And then that's when I just started to uh just creating like my online plan. So I was training people online, I was doing in home training. I was training people at the parks. And it started from there and then I and up until I had enough money to quit my job. Yeah yeah, So then from there I quit and I just started doing online training and just in home training. And then that's when I had the business established. I really missed that gym feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, like a place to call home.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, that that whole community feeling, right, So because that's that's what that's what I helped make successful at the gyms I was at the previous gyms I was at, I was leading people. I was bringing people to like events and you know, creating that vibe of you know, helping people to you know, not only get into shape, but you know making lifelong friends.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now when I have the opportunity to to I saw the basement. I was like, you know what this this is going to be that this might be it, you know, and then my mom supported me and I was in the basement for about maybe like six eight months. And after that there was an opportunity to uh to to lease a space. So I had had a shared location at first, so with another gym owner. He was a boxing coach, so me and him just split down the rent and then we did that for a year, and then the tenant downstairs moved out, so then I took over that space, and then the boxing coach had his own space and then did that for a few years. And then unfortunately the boxing coach that was with me before his business closed down, so I ended up just taking for both floors. That's how it became like seven thousand square yeah.
Speaker 1: Seven it's a lot of room, man. Yeah yeah. So uh in your social media content, I see that there's a whole boxing like, you know, ringing there right yeah yeah. So is boxing something that was in your past or is it something that you acquired through, you know, working with the UFC gym?
Speaker 2: So I had a I had always had a love for boxing because my father used to box, Okay, so he taught me. He taught me a little bit, smacked you around a little bit. I had, you know, a little bass, and then I really started to learn as But actually before I started working at UC GYM, I started, uh it was in my mom's living room at that time, Mom, I love you.
Speaker 1: Rocking.
Speaker 2: So we just started just like a little and before it was level up I had it was it was Hope Warrior Fitness.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go. We got the real name.
Speaker 2: Now, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: At first that was a little boxing rim ring inside.
Speaker 2: Your livally it wasn't even a ring, it was just it was just it was a space, you know, the counters right there. And then we just did the workout with open living room floor.
Speaker 1: Wow, amazing.
Speaker 2: And I had some some some cheap gloves I found on Amazon.
Speaker 1: You could feel a knuck out right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was hard. I really didn't even know what I was doing like that. Yeah, And I just learned a lot from experience, right And and then from there when I got into UFC Gym, I I started learning from other coaches and and just really just dedicated myself to just continue learning. And I just I just got as much experience as possible, like throughout those first like a few years and to the point where you know, I was in a few short years I was ready to do it on my own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what do you what do you think has been? Uh, you know, like there's so much more to like uncover, Like this is beautiful journey you've had. But what do you think has been like the most difficult part of that? Building your your fitness at home? Right, because you were only there for about eight months right in your in your mom's basement, right, what was one of the difficult things to tell people? Like, Hey, I'm a trainer and yeah, I have a gym, it's in my basement, right. Where there any difficulty to get clients in or like were people really receptive to that idea? You know for someone out there that's that's in fitness and they're like wary of bringing it into their own home, right with that something hard for you or any challenges there?
Speaker 2: So I didn't feel like it was too much of a challenge because of I'm a good connector so I'll build like rapport, I'll connection and also to some good chunk of my clients, I was ready training them from before, from like either online or at their house or.
Speaker 1: So you already had that loyalty, that trust factor. God act you're just like, hey, just come over my house. Man, We're going in person them. Yeah yeah, man.
Speaker 2: And I had people they you know, some of the people who house trained. I'll train people in Stanford. I'll train people in like West Poor and uh west End, and they just they the someone I kept a little bit of online training, but they would just they would just come nice. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they loved you, man, lovable. So now you've got to spill how many people did it end up being at your house? But you know, you're at seven months and you're like, man, like it's getting a little hectic in this basement, right like or were they getting to the point where like there's there's so many people in your basement at the same time or yeah.
Speaker 2: So I did a lot of one on one training at that time and some small group but as like the classes, I started trying to introduce classes and it's just you know, after ten people, it's just like, okay, you.
Speaker 1: Can't you people are like hit each other. Mistake. I won't even.
Speaker 2: Say ten people is actually uh maybe like maybe like the thing the most I got was like ten, but like after six it's like it's uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but like the sweat and they probably get all moist.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so and then that's so I was okay, you know I got.
Speaker 1: You got a real business here. Yeah. Yeah, it's so cool man. Yeah, what a what a beautiful we uh to to start your business, you know, with the support of family. Is there what kind of you into fitness? You know in your social media always in the background, there's a lot of metals. You know, what are those medals about?
Speaker 2: So so the medals? So I I used to I used to run track back in high school.
Speaker 1: So you can let me tell you this guy has a like perfect long legs. Let me borrow some of those long legs. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I used to run track back in high school and I was I was all all all Fairfield County, you know, one of the I was the top in Fairfield County. I was one of the top in the state. To do the hurdles. The long legs you know came into yeah, yea yeah, yeah, so you know you have to When I when I first did it, I used to think people are jumping over but you actually have to like glide over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so true. Yeah, I never thought about it. Yeah, it's not a jump, it's a little if it's like a little like a like a deer rancing deer exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so and so because you have to get to the ground quickly and then a quick sprint in between each one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're right because if you if you jump over that, that hang time robbed you from the how fast you're going.
Speaker 2: To exactly yeah exactly. So my first like first like meat, I was like just jumping over it, but I was fast enough to still like win. Yeah, you know, like the local competition, but when the top competition, you know, that wasn't working. So you know you have just all techniques.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like the little incremental changes, Yeah, exactly, it's definitely exactly. I don't know about lying, man, I think you were a deer in the prior life or something or antelope.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so, but so I just carried on just running after I graduated high school and college. So you know, I've done like five k's half marathon, marathon, Spartan races, tough motters, obsole course races and those are you'll see all those of those metals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, amazing. Yeah, it's a lot. Right now, what what made you pursue like these accolades? Right? For some people, it's like they have a chip on their shoulder. For some people, like they desire validation and externally what made you keep going to all these competitions? You know, like was there a drive? And was it coming from a good place or or was it coming from a place of hurt?
Speaker 2: So it's it, uh, it kind of stemmed from a like a like a it stems from almost a fear base, but it's like more of a I wouldn't say fall, say more preventative. Right, So let me tell you a story on like how really got me into it? Right, So I can remember when I was around like nine years old and we're you know, we're going in and out the hospital, and you know, I'm looking over, I'm sitting in the hospital room, and I look over and I see my grandmother, you know, just in the hospital bed, just like fighting for her life. And I remember, you know, at the time, it's just like, you know, just crying and just asking God, like why did such an amazing person have to suffer? And and a few a few days later, you know, she passed away from cancer. And it was due to you know, the lack of exercise, lack of fitness, and she used to smoke. And you know I say that to say this. You know she was, she was an amazing person and you know her her you know, her habits, you know, caused her to shorten her life. And you know I look at that and it I learned lessons on like what not to do right and you know, through that like it. As I reflected on it, it made me stronger. And you know now today, you know, I make sure, you know, I take care of my body. You know I'm eating well, but not just myself. I'm also you know, doing that for my family, right, so my my immediate family, my kids, my wife, my family members, like the family Group Chat. Like this morning, you know, I had a family Zoom work out with them, so I hit up the family Group Chat. I'm like, hey, you know, let's we're gonna do some movement. You know, whoever's down for it, you know, get on right, It's going to be twenty minute workout. I'll do it every Sunday for you guys, you know, no charge, just like I want you guys to be healthy, and I do that for them every every Sunday.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful love. Brother, dude, Can I be adopted?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Like, I want to coach you, Malcolm sending me the Zoom workout every Sunday. No, it's so cool, brother. I love that you're spreading that love. And how old were you when you had you had a breakthrough there? And how old were you?
Speaker 2: So so when my grandmother passed, I was I was nine years old. Nine years old ye, and then and just through that, through that time, I was fortunate enough to so I'll say, like when when when when bad things happen to me or the people around me, I learned from these things, right, So I teach my son this. I remind him of this all the time.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So there's there's three levels of learning, right, and so there's there's wisdom. Right. So when you're wise, you're able to learn from other people. Right. So you know, if you're telling me, hey, Malcolm, you know, uh don't uh don't touch this mic. It's gonna make a big sound. And if I touch the mic anyway, you know that's not wisdom, right, because you told me you're experiencing this, and I'm this. I did whatever I want to.
Speaker 1: You're like, you have to go and do it for yourself. Right.
Speaker 2: It's like or like someone says, parents said, don't touch that stove. You know you're gonna get burned, and the k burns themselves. So now you know, sometimes we don't have the resources to get wisdom, right because we might not have that parent, you might not have that mentor you might not have being a proper environment to have the wisdom. So if you can't be wise, the next thing is to be smart. Right. That's like learning from your own mistakes. Right. So if I touched the mic it made a big sound, Oh, I know, I'm not going to do that again, right, Or if I touched the fire, oh I got burned, I'm not going to do it again.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But then there's the next level, which is not technically learning because you're just making the same mistake over and over again, which is the definition of insanity. Right. So you know, so if I hit my head against the wall and it's like, okay, I didn't I didn't get through the wall, and I do it again, and I do it again, I do it again, right, it's just like when do we learn that lesson? So I'm fortunate enough. I was fortunate enough to even at a young age, I took on a lot of wisdom because I wasn't in the best environment growing up, you know, growing up in the Bronx.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jerome A you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, I would go down there as a young young kid looking for a cool clothing. But there you were like hanging out be like, hey, who's that little Latin guy with shopping in my a you know. Yeah, yeah, it's amazing. So wisdom, be smart and then like, don't be insane exactly. Yeah, and if you're insane, guess what happens. You got your coach. That's why if you keep repeating the same habits, same things, you can't make that decision. That's when the coach comes in, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so at that point, yeah, so you know, and that's when you can get wisdom to help you make these changes. Right. And then you know, if that if that person who's operating in insanity, as long as they don't give up, you know, and you know, there's hope for that change to be made.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, you don't lose until you give up. Exactly, beautiful brother. Yeah, so was there anything like uh, you know, growing up in the when did you guys actually move to Connecticut? So you know, like you lose all your street kit cred going across that state line. It's rough, man. I mean I moved from like, you know, the east side of Stanford to to to Springdale and all my like, ah, you're not the same man when we got that. I just moved across you moved across state lines, you know. Yeah, so how how was that?
Speaker 2: Like? So?
Speaker 1: Uh uh? Were there any like tough stories that you remember growing up in the in the b X, you know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so when when did I move? Uh So it reminds me of like my situation in a way, like the Fresh Prince right right, so we're so so will you know he he got into some trouble in Philly and then he uh then he moved out with his aunt and uncle in bel Air, right, so so said Philly, you know the Bronx, Right, So I moved from the from the Bronx. I used to live in eatable projects at that time, right, so you know we were doing well. Just kind of give you a little a little bit more of the backstory, right, so we you know, we were doing well through the daycare, right, like you know, the people used to think we were we were rich, right. We had a vending machine in that house. Remember we have like a nice we had like a white little convertible right at the times, like, oh you got a convertible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mom's coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she was coming up. And then you know, we were doing well. We had the house, and then you know, my my parents' relationship you know, suffered, so you know, they end up splitting. And then then when we moved to Florida, and then that's when you know, my mom stopped the daycare and then she went to take a job at I Hot So incomes drastically changed, right, yeah. So and then from there we just we just bounced around a lot. So long story short, we ended up in in eat a wall at that time. So my my aunt used to live there and and she moved to Stanford, right and then so at that time, there was like the housing credits that you'll get or like you have like a subsidy, and and I think it was like two hundred dollars a month you know to like at that time because of that that credit. So it's like, okay, you know we're not gonna lose that, right, so and so we need this spossible. We moved over there and then my my aunt and uncle. They saw that I was trying, right, I was playing basketball. I was trying to stay out the streets. You know a lot of my family members, uh or you know friends, you know, they were like gang affiliated in some ways, right, And you know, I never you know a lot of my most of them were like bloods. And that was like the the one that was more connected into my family. So but I never wanted to, you know, join any of that stuff. Right, because again the wisdom, right.
Speaker 1: So you're coded with wisdom already because.
Speaker 2: We already see you know, we have seen from the movies, we've seen from friends, from experiences, and what happens to those people, right, you know, do they have happy lives? And it's not the happy story, right yeah, end up end up dead or in jail. Right. So it's like I don't want that route. So so I was playing basketball. I was trying to think that's gonna be my way out? Is basketball?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's always yeah.
Speaker 2: And at that time, you know, that's all I saw, you know, which was people was either either a rapper, either a basketball player, or usually a drug dealer. Right, Like that's not the way people.
Speaker 1: Don't understand, how like these archetypes are so prevalent, and so like you know, they it's almost all you can see as an option, right yeah, and and and it's why it's I was so happy that your mom you saw an inkling of an entrepreneur that earlier on, right, so that that gave you at least a different like there are options other than these three archetypes, right, yeah, beautiful. So he went to Florida and came back. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So after Florida and Brons Jersey, different parts of the Bronx, and then we ended up there like an eat the ball. And then then from there, my aunt and uncle saw that was trying I was doing what I was, you know, doing okay in school and just like trying to stay out the streets and you know, and so they invited me to to live with.
Speaker 1: Them some fresh friends.
Speaker 2: So so I was living in Norwalk at that time, whack. So so then I end up going to days like you know, you like it here, and I was like yeah, you know, I love it. And then so they invited me to stay to finish up school. So I was in my junior year in high school at that time. So I'm this kid from the Bronx. Uh, junior in high school, I didn't know anybody, and it was you know, I quickly made some friends and just like it was just a whole new experience at that time because in the Bronx, you know, it was on it was just like just blacks and Hispanics. Right, so a lot of Dominicans.
Speaker 1: Norwalk is so diverse, very Stanford and normal. It's just it's a it's a bubble. You're like, you know, you're you think you start to think that America is just diverse when you live in like Stanford and in Norwalk, but you step like you go to Alabama or you go to another place South Carolina, You're like, no, this is like there's like segregated groups and like you know, a lot of the racial tensions. You're like, man, you know Fairfield County kind of gives.
Speaker 2: You a bubble vibe, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this. This is actually a cool question. Like, so being the kid from the b X, right, like where you're like the coolest kid in school. That's what usually happened, Like kids from New York would move to Stanford and then and then there would be like all of a sudden, oh they're from New York, the coolest kid in school, right, that happened to you at all?
Speaker 2: And no, yeah, so I had some some popularity. I would say I was the coolest kid in school.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that, man, I feel cool.
Speaker 2: So back then, so I'm I'm I'm sort of like I'm naturally an introvert, Like I'm very really naturally right. So but you know, through like leadership, through training, right, I had to had to learn how to be more extroverted. Right, So it was a scale that had developed and through my communication. Right, but after like events or you know, I'm doing a podcast or anything like that, right, Like I have a high chance of being drained out afterwards. I just want to go home and I reach out.
Speaker 1: To recharge social battery like debates exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: So So yeah, so I was, I was more reserved, and so I had some mystery to me. And so but me, I kind of you know I but once you once, once the people knew me, then okay, like then I you know, I'm a little crazy. I'm having fun. I'm talking smack, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so it's beautiful man. And then so so you come here, So did you have like I remember just moving across town and not being happy because, like, you know, you want to be a cool kid. Yeah, and the street credit is like almost everything you have when you're a kid. So when I moved to the to the Burbs, I was like, I was like devastated because I lost time my street credit. Number one, I've worked so hard to build it up. Number two, I just move across town now on my street credits gone. Was there anything like that for you or did you experience, you know, or or any disconnect with connecting with people here in Fairfield County? Sometimes just that move alone can be quite jarring for a young a young person, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there was some change. There was some I didn't find it too difficult to connect because you know, you know, I was I was into sports. I was into sports, you know. So I connected through people like you know, playing basketball, playing track and football. So that was my main connectors and I made some great friends through that. But there were there were some differences that I didn't I didn't I wasn't aware of when I when I moved to Connecticut because it's so close to New York. So one there was like, oh, you have an accent, I was like, oh really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Like what do you mean you have an accent? Right?
Speaker 2: So I didn't. I didn't pick that up until you know later, and now that you know, I've been in Connecticut for you know, for a long time. Now I can hear the New York accent. But I didn't know New York has had an accent. I just when you think an accent, I'm thinking, Okay, you know, maybe this is someone who's just learning English or there's that there's that there's that accent, or someone down south there's an accent. But I know New York has had an accent.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so funny. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so that was one, right, and then you loved your New York accent, bro, I definitely did.
Speaker 1: Yeah st Connecticut that bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah gone, yeah gone, so yeah, and then the next thing is just like little differences. So you know, there was like different difference in in slang. So so it was that and even in basketball, which was which was funny. Right, So if you've ever played basketball and you played twenty one, right, then that was a little different. Or or if you're shooting around in basketball, right, so say if I if I shoot the shot and I miss and you grab the rebound. In Connecticut, you passed them the ball first and then you then you lay it up and you pass it back. In New York, you shoot and and you grab the rebround. You don't pass me, you just now you shoot right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, a little tiny It's like little little things.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh wow, because I remember like playing ball and I'm shooting and grabb rebound. It's like passing ball. What like you you passed the ball. I'm like, okay, and then I picked that up learning so you knows a little more nice and little court, get your lay up, you know, a little more courteous.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. It's so funny how things like just shift a little nuances. I remember, like you know, like either shooting shooting the three, like money, right, yeah, money, and like you go into the court, it's a whole nother thing that they shout out right or like the no fives. Remember that no fives and people like hit you in the back of your neck like you go to other states. You're like, you guys, don't do no fives now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so funny, man, so cool. You have such a remarkable story, and I'm intriguing and I love it. I love that you were born with wisdom and I in recognizing that, like that you were this nine year old boy watching your grandmother that you love pass away and understanding like, man, grandma could have been here longer if she had done one, two and three, Right, you recognize that as a young boy, what do you think that wisdom came from?
Speaker 2: Like, that's a that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you ever thought of that? Right now? Mind you, I'm very spiritual, like I believe in multiple lives and the whole nine and so like have you ever wondered where did this wisdom that that I How does a nine year old boy know? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe I was on my third or fourth flower, But that's a great question. Yeah, Like so there's just's some things where like you see people smoke, right, you smoke cigarettes, You smoke You see people smoke cigarettes and you know what it does to them? Right, So just throughout that I was like, I don't want to do drugs, like you know, I see what's happening right or you know the gangs, like I don't want to be part of a gang, like people are dying, right. So yeah, it's just I guess it's kind of maybe I'm logical to right.
Speaker 1: So it's like like look at all these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like you see someone jumping off the bridge and it's just like, Okay, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 1: I remember watching movies with my friends, like you might know some New Jersey Drive, you do? You know the film New Jersey Drive. It's like, you know where these young kids from, uh, I think like Trenton, New Jersey, and they're like they're doing drive bys in cars and stealing cars, you know, and then like and then by the end, like you know, friends are dying and there's always one that like gets out and tries to get out of the hood, right, and then you know, and I would like get the lessons from it. No, I don't want to do that. And my friends were like, oh man, they're so cool, like yeah, like what if we do that when we're older, right, or like like they would get excited about the illicit activities, but I'm like capturing the lessons. I don't want to do none of that. You know, look what happened to them. You know, they're unhappy. So it's it's so funny how too, like difference people can have different experiences, and some people struggle to get the lesson, you know, they get excited with the with the I guess the actions, right that life that a lifestyle that can you know, like can be quite exciting, accelerating, but could possibly change change your life for the negative. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like it's like what lens are you? You know, are you are you seeing things through? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think Jim Rohne said it best right where he was like he said, if you know, if you if you see a homeless guy like in the street, like you know, you can get as much value from him as like as the rich guy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: He's like, you know, good looking god, good looking family, tell us how you messed it all up? Right, and you take good notes, right like, and so you can you can learn from you know, the good bad ugly. But you know, everything is a lesson, right, So whether you win, whether you lose, it's all a lesson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's it's legit man. So beautiful all right, we went off on a really beautiful tangent. I love it because you know, I love connecting at that like those teenage years of those years that you know, we're trying to figure things out, right, So now we've got this eight there's this basement that can handle ten people, probably very uncomfortably. At the same time, how much how much did you invest in that in the basement overall? Like, because you have to get some equipment, right.
Speaker 2: Fund maybe like a couple of grand Yeah, that's all it takes, so like three or four grand yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And the rest is all you connecting and and thankfully you had already built a community that probably loved and trusted you. Right now it comes to like, now you've got to be a big boy. Now you got to get your own place, right, Like, how was that daunting for you? Or was that natural for you? You have to put some money together, right, Was that the biggest chunk of money you had to that time to make an investment of that sort?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was definitely. When I went to the next location, it was definitely a lot more money than I ever ever spent. But the way I did it right. So I recommend any entrepreneur to do this if you don't have funding, right, is to just you know, start where you're at and then build up right, so you know, you don't have to start with you know, a huge place or even a place at all. You know, you can start it online, you know, just the main thing is to start right, start that experience, see whether you even like it or not. Right, you may go into the gym business. I don't even like people, like, why am I even here? Right?
Speaker 1: So am I training?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? Yeah, you might not even like it, right, So it's like, but the main thing is just to start right. And then when when I started, like I knew this is like I loved it, this is what I want to do, right, and I love people. I love seeing people grow, right, So it was it was all worth it for me. But so so I started online, right, so it was basically no overhead, right, So online in home training you get a little bit of stuff. Then I did the basement gym. Okay, now maybe three or four grand I put in, right, and from there I split a location with another entrepreneur. Right, So, like I think our rent was like at that time, like this was like maybe seven eight years ago, it was like a thousand and longer than actually yeah, about six seven years ago. It's like a thousand dollars or like the twelve hundred I think the rent was. And then we split it so yeah, yeah, yeah, for like six hundred each and then you know the utilities, you know, and so it was like low overhead, right, So and it gave me time to build to learn, right. So I'm trying to learn from wisdom as much as I can through books and things like that, right, but I have to just have to be smart about a lot of this stuff and learn from my mistakes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, by taking action, right, because if you if you wait to accumulate all the wisdom through books, you don't miss your moment, right, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: So so I was still learning through books, through videos and everything I could, and then just getting the getting the knowledge, so build measure adjust right, just and repeating that loop, build measure adjust that, yeah, and then then from there the next opportunity came. So it was preparation. So when when preparation meets opportunity, that's how you create success. Right. So I was how to that share looks that shared space. The overhead wasn't that high, so I was able to save some money and then and build up more assets assets, and then just and learning my own systems. Right, So when the opportunity came to to take over the downstairs location because it was a print shop at that time. You know, I jumped on it, right, and then I was able to build that space out, so that space I had experienced build out of space. I put even more money into that location, right, and it was bigger and bigger than the upstairs too. So then that happened, and then the next opportunity came, so the guy moved out. So now I'm okay, now I'm having more and building out right, and then it's gonna my next phase is okay, going into a commercial building and building up the next location. Right, so now you know we have a great system. And also to get more wisdom, also hired a mentor, right, I recommend.
Speaker 1: Got to get your mentors, Yeah, people that have been there or like no business or not a scale businesses.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. So through that mentorship, it helped me tremendously, right. So it was it was a it wasn't cheap, but it was an investment that I'm always willing to pay, which is, you know, betting on myself and and and getting the knowledge that I need to get right. So and it took my business to the next level.
Speaker 1: Leveling up always always what does level up mean? For you, Like, what is that like if you were to like this describe leveling up like as an emotion, like what does what does that mean for you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So the level up is it means to to to so we we at the gym we have we call it with the level of mindset, right, so meaning to always be in progression. Right, so never stop progressing, never stop learning, never stop growing your body. Right. So like as humans them, we all have this potential, right, and then the strive for potential to get to your potential, and it never stops, right because your potentials is almost endless. Right, So like when do when does the tree stop growing?
Speaker 1: Never? Never?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it grows as much as it can. It grows as much as it can, right and that and that's that's that that's also connects us to our happiness, right is is being in progression right and continue to growing, to grow right, not to grow for you know, to have all this material things and you know, have the fanciest cars, that have the biggest house. Is to grow to the sake of just being your best, doing your best, seeing seeing how far you can get. Yeah right, Yeah, So that's that's the level of mindset. So and that can be in anything that you want, Right.
Speaker 1: Would you say that's what sets your your gym apart? You know, you could get a gym at La Fitness, right, you can get a gym at the Edge, right. Yeah, would you say that's what sets your gym apart? Or what do you think, like, what's one calling that your clients have to go to level up versus any other gym?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent, I'll say that that is definitely one of the things that sets our gym apart.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: You know, we have a good hybrid which is between boxing and and fitness. Right. So some gyms just do fitness and did do fitness well, right, and and that's it, right. Some gyms do boxing well, but it's bad in fitness or and anything else. Right, they can only train fighters. So we have a great blend of that. Right. And then there's something that I learned in the Blue Ocean this this book called the Blue Ocean Blue Ocean Strategy. Right, where you you look to compete, or you look you look to go into a sector of an industry or into business that there's not much competition in. Right. So if I'm looking to make a grocery store, right, and then you know, there's the stopping shop. There's the shop right like that that's a that's something called in the book, is called red Ocean, right, So like it's a bunch of people in there, right, and then they price cut and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So my gym, I'm not looking to be the Edge. I'm not looking to be the Planet Fitness or Crunch or like these big box gyms right where they sign up thousands of people and you know they they're just hoping, okay, this per and hope some people don't show up because the wouldn't be enough space, no equipment, so big time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Like I think, like a it's a wild number, right, Like eighty percent of the profit comes from like people that don't even show up, right, yeah, have the membership is yeah, so it's like some wild number like that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's it's the numbers are about like twenty percent of people are going to show up consistently and the rest about eighty percent is going to show up sporadically or not at all, right, and they stay for the average.
Speaker 1: Of four and a half years, And it makes it so hard to like, you know, not you know, cancel that membership. You know, you've got to call the manager, you've got to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we're not an access gym. We are results gym, right, Yeah, and that's what makes it, that's what makes us different.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So we have a great hybrid of the boxing and the fitness, right. So that's another aspect. Next is we're results gym. Right. So what we do is we have a we have people start with a consultation. We're going to sit down, have a conversation. We do an embodied composition test to see like, okay, where you're at body fat, muscles, some mass, be in my et cetera. And then from there we'll ask you some questions and then through the through the consultation, through the body composition, will know exactly Okay, if I'm saying I'm talking to you, I'll know exactly what gio needs to be able to get to whatever goals you want to get to. And then I'm gonna suggest and recommend a plan for you. Right, Okay, here's some options for you according to your numbers and your goals. This is what I recommend for you.
Speaker 1: Got it? Got it? I love that, by the way, Like honestly, like if if I get a nice chunk of money in the future, Like I'd like to be an investor in level of gym. So you have a future investor here. But what about you know something that gyms don't do, like like the big box gyms, Like when someone's falling off, right, they've come in, they've done the consultation and they're you know, they were there for us three months all about that life, and all of a sudden they're not in. You know, is there anything that you do for your clients that say, hey, I haven't seen you come in. Brother? You remember what you committed to? Is it? You know, like remember that you you were inspired because your your dad went to the hospital in cardiac arrest. Like get your butt back in here, man, you know, like don't and then get the perspective. Is there anything that your gym provides that that's that level of service?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So what so what we do is through through our through our our system we do. We do a fitness, nutrition and accountability. Right, so one you're gonna have a coach through your fitness. Next, we do a nutrition plan because that's gonna be about seventy eighty percent year results. Is the way you're eating and the last part is accountability. Right, So we do weekly checkings with our members. We also have a community page, so like on our Facebook and our Instagram. We do community events every quarter. We just just this past Saturday, we have one where we're recognizing people because we have a whole We have a ranking system we call our level up system. So there's ten different levels and then so for example, if you complete your first six weeks, then your your level one. You complete your first twelve weeks, your level two, and then so on so on, right.
Speaker 1: Kind of like the black belts.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly exactly. Yeah, that's that's the that's the concept of it, right, Like uh like that model, right, but instead of belts, it's just like, okay, you have your ranking and then we have a we give like some cool wristbands.
Speaker 1: Yeah sweet yeah, oh man, let's go. So you got your first like if you're there three months, you know you let's say you were in the pink bracelet, right three months bro?
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly exactly. Yeah. So it gives some people to you know, something to fight for. Yeah, and then also to like these weekly check ins, like we we so one we take attendance, right, so we're looking for you to come. Right. So if if you don't show up like most people two to three times a week, right, So if if you miss more than one time throughout the week, you're gonna pop up on our missing memory report.
Speaker 1: And then and now, my god, I love it. I love this man, I love this model.
Speaker 2: Man. Yeah, so we're gonna call you, We're gonna text you, and then we invest a lot of money into our retention, right because it's so much easier to maintain a memory than is to build more members, right. So true, and also too, you know, we we don't want to cheapen our memory experience, right. We want to the people who are you know, who are who are uh patrons to us? Right? And you know they you know they're trusting us to for the results. We want to make sure they get results. Right. So we're not just trying to cram a bunch of people in and you know, just hoping they'll show up. It's like, no, you know you signed up to you know, for results. You signed up here to truck like and we're going to make sure you do that and we're going to be accountable to you want to keep you on you know, on it, right, This.
Speaker 1: Is beautiful, man. I really love your business model. I love everything you put together for for your for your population. Yeah yeah, you know we're at a minute fifty here, but I want to, like in case I always I'm always afraid people are gonna pop off. Where can people find you? Will continue the interview here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So you can find us on Instagram at level up, gym dot Strafford, Yeah, and on TikTok. We're on YouTube. If you look up Malcolm level Up, you know, you'll you'll you'll you'll you'll see you'll see my face on there, and then you know we do our content in there as well. So sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he's got some sweet VIDs on Insta. Man, you know, some good motivational, good mindset. Yeah. Cool beans, man, all right, let's continue. Where do you see level Up going next? So yeah, yeah, what's what's the big vision here? You know, the ten year plan?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the vision is is multiple locations for sure. So we want to help people from all over the country. So, so we're gonna start with just multiple locations in Connecticut and then we're gonna continue to build up. So I wanted to really solidify the system first before you know, we're going into multiple locations, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like McDonald's. You gotta get the uh the speed omatic you know system, make sure it works right exactly, you know, the kinks out of the machine, right the gears are turning well oiled?
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you see where do you see that's at right now? Like for your machine, you think you have a pretty well oiled machine or still a little fine tuning.
Speaker 2: So we have it. We have a very well oiled machine. Now there's a there's a little little bit of tweaks, you know, we're working on. But for the most part, like we're you know, we're we're gonna be soon. We're gonna be very We're gonna be ready very soon to open up that next location. But I'm super excited about.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm excited too. Man. Can it be like right next to my house? I can just walk over. Yeah, we definitely want one over here as well. Yeah, Steinford here, sweet brother. What's one person that really impacted you? Like, what is one person that that really caused you to me? Like, man, I'm so so happy I chose to do this as as my career, as my calling, as my primary form of energy exchange in the world, right, Like, is there someone that like, you know, if you're sitting back on your porch, you know, like fifty years from now, you're like rocking on your Hey, Sonny, let me tell you about when grandpa started hit level of business. Is there a client's success story that that really like stuck to your heart? Yeah, there's I mean there's probably a lot. So if there's one or two that really liked.
Speaker 2: There's so many, But I'm gonna go for one of the recent ones, right because this one, it really, it really personally impacts me. So I have a client name name Lynn, and so she is sixty eight years old, right, So she started with us, with us like about almost it's been a little over a year now, and I've seen her. I've been witnessing her build more muscle, lose body fat, you know, build consistent habits, make uh you know, make changes, you know for the better. And you know sometimes you know, you're not saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks, right, So she she's learning new tricks and she's she's her energy is is she's getting younger, you know, like she's doing more, right, So she did the she did the five k Ops of course race with us, you know, in September.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, first five k first one ever.
Speaker 2: First that was her first yeah, first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow at sixty eight years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Empower What a feeling.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah yeah. So and so it's amazing to see that, right because a lot of times, why it personally impacts me, right because one, you know, my grandmother, right, so you know, she could have lived a longer.
Speaker 1: Life, right, full you know, with a full circle.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But then I also learning what not to do, right is my grandfather, right, So my grandfather, he's uh, he's he's about Lindsay, she's like a little over, like he's like seventy two, and he you know, he's you know, he smokes, you know, he's you know, he's done drugs before, you know, you know, he drinks and like he's you know, he's very you know, he's on the couch watching the news all day, right and you know, barely moving, you know, not eating, right, you know, I used to I lived with him for like a few years, and I was helping him as like a caretaker, and you know I'm seeing his fridge, you know, all you see has these white castle frozen burgers and like all you is like, you know, just crap.
Speaker 1: It's amazing that people make it to that age. Like with habits like that. It's crazy how resilient the body is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you know what's interesting, right, is so you can live you know, so you can live a longer life, right, but you you can your quality of.
Speaker 1: Life could be the quality of life could.
Speaker 2: Live decline, right, Yeah, so you know sometimes sometimes people you know, with bad habits, you don't make it a fun But then there are some people in their nineties and hundreds, but you know, had these bad habits throughout their life. The qualities quality of life is horrible, right, so like are you are you living right? You're living, but are you living right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So so I look at you know, that lens and like okay, like I don't want to be that like and then I see you know, people on the opposite end, right, like my grandmother on my mom's side. So she's, uh, she's in her seventies right and she know she's still she's still like you know, getting movement throughout the day. You know, she eats, you know she eats well, you know, she has energies. You know, she's still working, you know, and she's you know, she she looks young, right, and so it's just a whole different seventy experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's it's it's about where which which game do you want to play?
Speaker 1: Which game? Yeah, whether you want to play or not?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or you want to just watch the game? Yeah? Yeah, which game do you want to play? I definitely want to be on that, like, you know, quality of life, you know, looking back and saying, hey, I did the best that I could to take take care of the vessel.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, yeah, the vessel.
Speaker 1: The boat boats, little boats on the other Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's about choosing your heart, right, because it's you know, it's not it's not easy, you know, you know, eating well, working out, you know, being consistent. Right, But it's also it's not easy, you know, being sick, barely able to move, you know when I'm getting you know, I know, sound like me, you know, being in pain constantly. Right. So it's like, choose your heart, you know, which which one do you which.
Speaker 1: You're hard and oh I love that, yeah, yeah, choose your heart. But a great quote. Yeah, yeah, and I am I'm of the that life is simple. Actually, it's quite easy because you we're just always throwing meaning the things. You know, like, you know, just apply different meanings to something. Oh this happened for me, right versus to me right, yeah, this happened and oh like uh, you know, like someone stole my car, Like oh wow, okay, yeah, well look what an adventurous life you're having. You know, now you got you got this cool thing. Just resolve is how to get your car back? Right, And so, like life is, at least in my modality, life can be pretty simple if you you know, just flip so many meanings around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one hundred percent agree with that, right, because what happens, right is when when you're starting anything anything new, is it's it's hard at first, right, but like when you build a habit of doing making making uh the good choices for yourself, Like for example, like I take a cold shower every single day, right, and it was it used to be hard, right, but now it's like it's it's it's it's normal for me, right, Like it's not a hard thing to do. It's not a hard thing to wake up and okay, I'm gonna do my cardio on a Sunday morning, I'm gonna do you know, I'm gonna, you know, not choose the fast food. I'm gonna make my food at home, right like because because these things be habits. Right, So now I'm not using all this willpower and it's not hard anymore, right, It's normal.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, true, right, But what's hard becomes normal. And the sad thing is that that goes on the opposite side of the spectrum. For example, like it's hard to live in a in a tough neighborhood until it becomes easy, right, yeah, it's hard to live in uh with violence in your home until it becomes a normal right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like it's it's it's all about like the stomach of how how much pain can we stomach? And unfortunately for us human beings, we can stomach a lot of pain for things that are both negative and hopefully we can flip that into for something that it's more positive. Right yeah, Yeah, that's the that's the switch, you know, just make the switch. Yeeah, Malcolm man, this this interview just went by so quick, and I want to ask you, like everything under the sun. We didn't even talk about fitness. I'd love to have you back one more time, if if, if you would love it would allow me to. But is there anything what you would like to leave for the audience, like a tidbit something recently you learned, And if yes I could, I'll put you on this beautiful camera right here? Is that cool with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mick, give me one second here, wait it up? Oop all you weres brother?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the last tidbit I would say is to like with business, right, you want to build a build a system. Right, So if you think about you know why McDonald's is so successful, right, it's because they built the system. You know, shitty product, but great system. Right. So now now it is that that doesn't just work just in business, but it also works in your life. Right. What systems are you building for your life? Right? So with systems, it's so important to first, you know, build habit cues, right, So understanding what habit cues are. Right. So if I if I'm working out, I'm give you an example for working out. What days am I going to work out? Monday, Wednesday, Friday? Okay, I know my days. Next, what time am I going to work out? Okay, I'm gonna work out six am? Right? So now have my days, have my time. So now when a Monday comes, I know tomorrow I'm posted to work out, right, I already made that agreement ahead of time of that decision in advance, right, because decision decision fatigue is a real thing. Right, So you want to make as much decisions as you can in advance, so this way you're you don't have to try to do it later and then it's like you're burnt out, right, So that's one. So making sure you know you know what days, what times you're doing stuff, and what agreements you're gonna make in advance, and then from there create backup plans. Right, because life happens it like just like it happens to you, happens to me, It happens to everybody. Right. You move, you get sick, you get you get married, get divorced, you have kids, you they get out, they gotta get out the house, like all the life stuff that happens to all of us. Right, But what make contingency plans? Like you're Batman, right, have all those plans ready, right, So like if I can make it to Monday, I know I'm going to do it on Tuesday. So you have your plan A. You're planing, B, you're playing C. And what we do is we build that with our clients and we even have it to where we have like a two minute work out we call a habit keep it workout. So if you can't do your full plan, even on your busiest day, you can do two minutes, right, We can all do two minutes of a workout. Right. That's better than nothing. It's called not breaking the habit chain. Right. And then from there, the last thing I love and our model is one percent better every day, right, so and then so just take it day by day, right, and then that one percent better. By the end of the year, you're three hundred and sixty five percent better, right. So it's about just sticking to it, right. And then if you can't do you all do you a little bit, right. But the key is don't stop, and then you're gonna get stronger and stronger after a while.
Speaker 1: Beautifully said Malcolm. Thank you, brother, Thank you for a level me up with this beautiful conversation, and thank you for choosing the life path that you are. The gazelle, the lion gazelle, I call you from here now now. Thank you for what you're doing for the world, for your community. I know that you're operating from heart, not like you're a light worker, brother, like you're an amazing soul and you're in sole purpose. Man, I see it. I feel it. And level up, Jim, I quite honestly, I look at the brand right here on your shoulder, right there above your heart, and I see big things, you know, leveling up, leveling up, leveling up the gym, while leveling up others. Thank you for coming to the Breakthrough Lab. Brother, you having yeah, man, oh so good to see you. Awesome. So, guys, thank you for watching this week's Breakthrough episode break Through Lab episode. Your next breakthrough starts here. Remember that this SOS Radio dot Live community is a community built on you, built on advancing the human experience. We have other hosts in this network speaking about hope, change, transformation, entrepreneurship, masterminds, you name it. We are here to serve you, just like Malcolm is here serving the beautiful community of Stanford and hopefully nationwide at the same time. It's pretty soon, right, So thank you again, and your next breakthrough starts here. Take care, bye bye
Speaker 2: Bye everything at Everything El