Speaker 1: Or when Kurt Coolbite joined Day slew of other POMP stars dead at twenty seven.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy, got two day, found my friends in my head. I'm so wellthy, that's okay.
Speaker 3: So on.
Speaker 1: We goes Sunday. Mona's every day.
Speaker 3: From the musk.
Speaker 2: I'm my candles in our days, do not found God, I'm so lonely, that's okayse I'm not said, and just maybe I'm too fame.
Speaker 1: The symbols of teenage acts and the grunge rock movie. He found at his home in Seattle on April. Age authority's determined that three days earlier that he died of an apparent shotgun flash, self inflicted. A suicide note was found. There are questions among some as to whether it was a suicide or made to look that way. Kurt Kobin dead at twenty seven on this day, thirty one years ago. Hard to believe. It is April fifth, nineteen ninety four, then twenty twenty five. Now I'm Gary Jeff Walker. This is a Saturday Morning edition. And before we look Kah had to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular dat in history, including but not limited to, these sixteen fourteen. Pocahontas mean the real Pocahontas, not the senator from Massachusetts. The daughter of Chief Powaton, married Englishman John Rolfe in the Virginia Colony. The British Parliament passed the American Revenue Act of seventeen sixty four. Oddly enough, in seventeen sixty four, also known as the Sugar Act, we weren't feeling the Sugar. April fifth, eighteen eighty seven, in Tuscumbia, Alabama, teacher Anne Sullivan achieved a breakthrough as her then six year old deaf blind pupil, Helen Keller learned the meaning of the word water is spelled out in the manual Alpha eet nineteen fifty one. In this day, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg sentenced to death following their conviction in New York on charges of espionage committing espias for the Soviet Union. They'd be executed a little over two years later. Back up a second April fifth, nineteen thirty three, part of the New Deal, President FDRs signed an executive order establishing the Civilian Conservation Corps. Much like the WPA or we peddle around a Depression era work relief program. The CCC was for single man aged eighteen to twenty five. Liam Tomlinson's age employed more than two point five million men for Federal conversation in safety products are projects over its nine year history. Don't really know exactly what they did. Two American servicemen and a Turkish woman killed in the bombing of West Berlin Disco. It makes an incident that prompted a US air raid on Libya nine days later. The year was nineteen eighty six, and this was a date in nineteen ninety nine nineteen ninety one when former Senator John Tower of Texas's daughter Marion and twenty one other people killed in a commuter plane crash near Brunswick, Georgia. Flying is still the safest mode of transportation began and I remember this. April fifth, twenty ten, a cold dust explosion at the Upper Big Branch mine near Charleston, West Virginia killed twenty nine of those miners. Actor Michael Moriarty is eighty four today. Actor Max Gaie you may remember him, maybe not, from the television show Barney Miller in the seventies. He is eighty two today. Agneth, the false cog of Abba is seventy five. She's one of the few remaining, if not the last, remaining member of ABBA. I think one of the guys is still around.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Ironically, I mentioned Kurt Cobain's death on this day in nineteen ninety four. It was also the birthday of his bandmate Mike McCready. Actually McCready was in Pearl Jam but the same milk. Mike McCready is fifty nine today.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Pharrell Williams is fifty two. If you're happy, you know it, clap your hands. Actress Hayley Atwell is forty three today. Actors Lily James thirty six. And if it is your birthday on this April fifth, I hope it is absolutely the best that you could possibly imagine. You get to do it, spending the time with the ones you love, doing the things you love to do, and that is truly my wish for you. We proceed. Weather and traffic, boy, I tell you what, I don't know about traffic, but we got a lot of weather and sports just ahead. As we get you going. On the Saturday morning edition on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: This morning at nine, Mike Alan rants raves and then calms down with a virgin lime rickey on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: The weather's probably enough to drive anybody mad, but the real madness is when you have to pay the heat and cool your home. Well, Steve with US Installation would like to help stop that madness by bringing back.
Speaker 1: Water everywhere and the flooding possibilities that we haven't seen at least four years around the Tri State. A flood advisory, of floodwatch and flood warnings all in effect for US as more showers and possibly some more thunderstorms are on the way. Heavy stuff again last night, Hi today sixty eight. The rain continues tonight with a chance of thunderstorms, load of forty two tomorrow morning, and tomorrow's high will only get up to forty eight showers in the morning, clearing by afternoon as the front passes through finally and a slight chance of showers to start to work week on Monday. Otherwise sunny in the afternoon then and a high of fifty seven. It is fifty six, seven hundred WLW. Sport Liam Tomlinson. The Reds mediocrity continues.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Reds lost again last night to continue their four game losing. They scored some runs Yeah, awesome, red score two on earned runs in the bottom of the eight third.
Speaker 1: Now still scored some runs, Liam, That's all. We just want some often. Don't care how it gets there on the board. We just want by hooker, by crook, the Reds offense to do something. Do you realize that before last night the Reds became I think the first team since nineteen hundred to lose three one to nothing games in a row.
Speaker 8: First team since night the nineteen sixty Phillies who only won fifty nine games.
Speaker 1: It seems like nineteen hundred.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, the other teams that did the four other teams that did that were like nineteen hundred, nineteen oh eight. That type of baseball, it's a whole different world. But yeah, Rome wasn't built in the day. At least they got some runs. You can build off that.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't need to build Rome, just score some runs. Geez.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Reds lost three to two last night, but they are back in action tonight. Brady Singer will take the mound for the Reds and Elvin Rodriguez start for the Brewers. First pitch is at seven to ten. Inside pitch action is a relative term the action of The first pitch is at seven ten and inside pitch begins at six ten, and you can catch all that action right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: We have Final four action tonight. Yeah, two big games.
Speaker 8: The first one tips at six h nine between Florida and Auburn and the nightcap is Houston and Duke. South Carolina and Yukon will face off in the Women's College Basketball National Championship tomorrow afternoon. S C Cincinnati is at the host of New England Revolution tonight at TQL Stadium. S C Cincinnati is two and two and zero on the year and the Revolution are winless. The match kicks off at seven thirty. Airtime begins at seven. You can listen to that on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: Is that all you got?
Speaker 8: The Masters begins next week and the Bengals are still in contract negotiations with Trey Hendrickson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gonna be a while. And you know what what kills me are these negotiations. Like for example, if say there was a big radio name that was negotiating a new contract, the last thing that you would expect would be for that to be carried out in the press. In the media, and why is it so important that we know all the ins and outs of whether hendrickson I mean, I guess it's the public's need to know or feeling like they need to know. But still, in any other business, if you're an accountant or you're whatever profession you can think of, maybe a high dollar profession, usually those negotiations are not held in full view of the public, like negotiations for professional athletes are. It just it seems a little bit weird to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, both parties took a public and it like in their side of the story, and it feels very weird. It makes the vibe of the contract negotiation just feel a lot more at a stalemate than it may be.
Speaker 1: Very well is people take it very personally, especially with the Bengals and the Reds and any high profile sports franchise, And maybe they wouldn't take it so personally if either team was actually winning and challenging for the playoffs. We shall see. It's five forty seven, seven hundred WLWU.
Speaker 6: You're listening to news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: It's the Marketers Report today. Erica Taylor, chief Marketing Office. All right, one of these days the coffee will kick in, Heary Chef Walker. It was a very very strange night for me for a Friday before a Saturday morning. As you know, to do this show, to do any show in the morning, you have to get up pretty early, and usually that means that if you want to be I don't know, anywhere close to your maximum potential, you have to go to bed fairly early. That did not happen for me last night. And it wasn't the thunderstorms that kept me awake, No, it was the gang at the Valley House in Harrison, Ohio, where me and my friend Chris Gohens performed last night from eight until elect Well, it was actually about ten thirty because we were in the outside covered room, which the covering really didn't matter when all hell broke loose and the rain unleashed the way it did about ten o'clock last night. But a great time, a lot of great people, Paul and his entire staff at the Valley House in Harrison, Ohio three oh one Harrison in Harrison. It's fantastic venue, great food and great people and thank you very very much for having us out. Fun time, but just really late. Mam Tree, how you doing.
Speaker 9: I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: People ask about you last night? Who listened to this show? You know that.
Speaker 9: Tell him to God, bless him and think him.
Speaker 1: I did that, and I just can't believe.
Speaker 10: When we all get to havevenim would day rejoicing. That will be when we all CG says, will sing and shout the big toory, shout the big theory.
Speaker 9: I lost some boys about thirty minutes ago.
Speaker 1: You sound great.
Speaker 11: I could be better.
Speaker 1: We could all be better, dear, I could be better right now this morning, I'm still not mind.
Speaker 9: With the Striman's haunted and y'all made life as you want to nurses my witness. She turned it somehow. He got off about four a m. And I told her to turn it on and I'll rehearse my song with my good boys and hyping out later. I said, I can't say now, I got a try, but she said, a pat.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: I turned it on and I said, you know, yesterday I told you this place is on it. And you say, keep talking like that, you'll be in a looney bin, now.
Speaker 1: My looney Well, well, I think people would have different opinions. Listen, mam, try I'm not a doctor, all right. I didn't go to school for any kind of cognitive or physical care of people. But you understand that there may be people listening and have listened to you for a long time, and some of the things you say that might say, well, I don't know if she's looney, but she might be a little off.
Speaker 9: I'm truthful, that's right.
Speaker 1: And some people can't handle the truth when they hear it, and they call the people who are spouting the truth crazy.
Speaker 9: I agree, I'm crazy because one year a poetry guys hit well burst it through a boom paranormal. They too ignorant to know that anyway, this throw a wooden picture frame at her bed boom and I said, oh, baby, did you file a bed?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 10: And so then boom.
Speaker 9: I said, ah, he said, I plant chuckle me. She said, know me, it's pat Everybody here said you're crazy. I heard, I said, baby, I felt it if i'd been sitting on the bed the porch had cut my legs off. Yeah, it's a pretty strong potry guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah that sounds that sounds very very dangerous.
Speaker 9: It is, but uh, Bather Rushman, I don't know if he's dead or alive. But I called him from the hospital because remember I tell you about Sally. I always think I'm crazy, I said, Sallie taking it the hospital. Uh, there's a roach paddle over the glasses and cups, and my lips are burning. Now my allerge to buy some mean She took me up here in time. She she drank poison. She sees ghosts. She talks the ghosts every day. Here come a man out of the secret door with handcuffs on the side of his white pants. He said, come with me, and he got on gn orb andy pa. I'll told him now. But and you saw these you know, mentally p patients there. Yeah, I said, I ain't crazy. What you put here for? Your sister said you drink poison? I said what? And so I called to father the rust and I said, come over here and prayed for me because I'm a victim of everything evil. And I didn't do nothing. I ain't drink no poison. I roach powder is harmless, but I'm sensed everything. He had my lips somewhere, and I'm lerging to basamine. And I figured the hospital at something you know can put on her per burnt skin. And the man said, you signed it. I said, I ain't read since eighty five, sir, I wasn't over tigned it. I drink poison. I ain't crazy. I didn't try to kill myself. Well, my sister wouldn't tell me to get me out, cause they said she brought you nine days I laid there. I told Bernie blow and he said, why you threw it? And you know they're crazy. I said, yeah, but she uh had me to sign that I drink bids and nine days ago. So he said, okay, h take money. I said, I got a thousands and check and down and up. Yet ma'am, here come a woman out seek her door. You said you didn't have no money. I guess when they had me drugs, you know, yeah, asked me I had any money, but God is drawing and satan. She said, I said I didn't have no money in the bank. So she said go on home. I said, ma'am, how am I gonna get home? I'll call your sister. Sister come over in twenty minutes, busy cause she had told me. I don't thought she was gonna shop in that day and asked history, Oh w wow.
Speaker 1: What a history. We'll have to resume this story the next time we talk.
Speaker 9: Thank you, can of it till this today. And oh the woman turned to heat on, something came behind and turned it out now to human.
Speaker 1: Oh well, mamitree, take care. God bless you, baby, love.
Speaker 11: You, love you.
Speaker 1: You're one stop for advertising. Call eight four four eight four four, iHeart.
Speaker 13: Scattered showers and storms throughout most of your Saturday as temperatures top out right around that seventy degree mark. Rain continues for your Sunday, but afternoon highs tomorrow might not even leave the forties. Flooding concerns stick around all weekend firms of your weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: iHeartRadio, Straight from the studio with Elton John.
Speaker 1: This is one of the from Dayton.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Dick, Good morning, Carried Jip. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good. Our time is limited, Dick, so let's get right down to brass tacks. So are you ready? This is from day from Dayton. He's got another honey making opportunity for us. Okay, he wants you to pick the final four games tonight in the NCAA basketball tournament. And here's the deal. Don't have to don't have to get point spreads. Just give me a winner. Florida Auburn. Who wins Florida? Florida? The Gators? All right, Duke and Houston? Who wins Houston? Are you sure about that?
Speaker 15: I'm sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, Houston. So if those are the winners, we get each fifty dollars for each game. All right, all right, who's gonna win it all? Florida or Houston?
Speaker 11: Florida.
Speaker 1: Okay, Florida wins, we get more money.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: How's that sound? That sounds good to me, buddy, I figured it might well listen anything going on of note.
Speaker 11: I have a good time the string Benders.
Speaker 15: Bob picked me up. We have a good little show. And then I think I'm gonna play a little bit tomorrow with the the Scrumbers too. Call me they have a little thing up at the Libberries. B Yeah, they welcomed me back. It was kind of nice, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first nast time in a while with the Beaver Creek Strummers, right, Dick, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well that's that's marvelous. Keep us updated, brother, and we'll see how your dick picks work tonight. Okay, all right, brother, say good night, Dick night.
Speaker 15: Gary jets.
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye, Dick and Dayton Bag. See you get off my phone. I'll breaking back and we'll really start to show next for pure safety and total clean call the experts at zero's carpet and air dot cleaning. There's zero water technology replaces those old school years.
Speaker 16: The latest weather forecast from news Radio seven hundred W l Johnson.
Speaker 13: Scattered showers and storms throughout most of your Saturday as temperatures top out right around that seventy degree mark. Rain continue for your Sunday, but afternoon highs tomorrow might not even leave the forties. Flooding concerns stick around all weekend. Firmer Severe Weather Station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Radar shows what else rain in the Tri State. It's fifty seven degrees our next update at six thirty.
Speaker 17: I'm Jack Krumley, News Radio seven hundred WLWS.
Speaker 16: News twenty four hours a day. He was a Radio seven hundred WLW into.
Speaker 1: The first official hour of this Saturday morning edition for Saturday, April fifth, twenty twenty five. Gary, Jeff Walker and you together again on a Saturday. About seven minutes after the hour. Some strange phone calls here, let's check this one. First, Steve, I mentioned the Civilian Conservation Corps instituted by FDR in this day in nineteen thirty three. Any thoughts on that.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, I'm traveling along the Appalachian Highway also known as the Gym Roads Highway Route thirty two, and I was just thinking about, you know, all the things that Three Seas accomplished. You know, a lot of our park at the structure that we have, those beautiful shelter houses and the bridges and things like that made out of cobblestones and limestone, those were made by Three Seas Camps. Jerry Jeffers. There's a great videos it's online, you can find it. It's called These Old Worn Out Hills and it talks about the state of Ohio back in the nineteen twenties. And all these forested areas I'm seeing I'm driving through right now, they weren't here. They were cutover for charcoal, and and a lot of the tip had been timbered and and and a lot of these forests in this area where replanted by Three ce's. So it's an interesting history a Midwest.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for a little bit more insight into that I appreciate and thanks for tuning in Steve as always, Yeah, let's do this now. Dave from Harrison is here and he was at the Valley House last night for our little performance.
Speaker 19: Take away away.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Dave, welcome.
Speaker 12: Jeff.
Speaker 20: How would do this morning?
Speaker 1: It was so nice to see you last night. And I tell you what, thank you. Dave bought me a pizza at the Valley House and it was took that sucker home. It was delicious, had a piece before I bet it down for the night. It was great to see you, and thanks for coming out and supporting myself and my buddy Chris Cohens at our musical performance. Did you enjoy it?
Speaker 20: Yes, very much so.
Speaker 1: I hope Chris's back's going to be all right though, wise that.
Speaker 20: From carrying you.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Dave, do you remember the late actor Peter Sellers. Yes, I do the Pink Panther movies and being there and stuff like. You know, the biggest fans, you know, the biggest fans of Peter Sellers are Peter Peter, Peter buyers.
Speaker 20: Anyway, what you got, well, I got some advice on how the Reds are you know, are going to come.
Speaker 4: Up with more runs. Yeah, that's the whole problem, right, They just they need to come up with more runs. Yes, So apparently Frank Hunt is going to buy him.
Speaker 20: Two sides of smaller tighter stockings and uh and and then there's gonna be a fifty five gallon drum of a mixture of jarat and chaopectate ship to the locker room. And they're all getting new gym, new jogging shoes, that's what I heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, new jogging shoes, new jogging shoes.
Speaker 20: Yeah. And I believe the bus leaves for OZ tomorrow and they're gonna get them to click their heels and say there's.
Speaker 1: No place like Hey, Dave, Dave, Dave, the bus the bus leaves now.
Speaker 21: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming legend.
Speaker 22: Claims Jacob Waltz discovered a giant gold mine in Superstition Mountain in Everazon. However, won't passed away without sharing the mind's location. Since then, many have set out to find it, but none have ever returned, meaning they can no longer listen to Bill Cunningham's show.
Speaker 6: Bill Cunningham His show is Golden Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: Hello, it's me the designer jeans in the back of your closet.
Speaker 1: What happened to us?
Speaker 14: I used to somewhere in the Hamptons and now I'm stuck behind a pair of sweats. Okay, maybe I never really fit you, right, but I got a lot more Sunday Fundays left in me. So take me to Goodwill where I can really make a difference.
Speaker 23: Your donations to Goodwill create jobs, training programs, and education assistance for people in your community. To find your nearest donation center, go to Goodwill dot org Donate stuff, Create Jobs. A message from Goodwill and the ad Council.
Speaker 1: Lots of water and more on the way. A flood advisory, floodwatch and flood warning in effect for the tri State this morning. As we wake up, more showers and possibly storms in the picture today a high as sixty eight. The rain continues tonight tomorrow morning's low forty two. Finally the showers dissipate and move out of the area tomorrow afternoon. The dry out begins on Sunday, Tomorrow's high only forty eight and a chance to rain on Monday again early and then sunshine and back up to around sixty degrees for a high teen. Attention to HVACR contractors mark your calendars for April eleventh ten.
Speaker 17: Wait what Look, When your tires are properly inflated, you improve your gas mileage, which saves your money at the pump.
Speaker 1: Properly inflated tires also help keep you safe on the road.
Speaker 17: So stop crushing your money away and get some mare in your tires. A message from the Rubber Manufacturers Association.
Speaker 1: I started this morning with some nirvanda A little bit more. The anniversary of the death stage of Kurt Kobay thirty one years ago today on April fifth. They didn't find it for another three days, however, job was Courtney Love involved, as was supposed by conspiracy theorists, or was it a simple matter of a very complicated guy with lots of problems, drugs thrown in just for good measure. Who decided to take his liners Pluto's job. It's six fourteen on Saturday morning, seven hundred WLW and Gary Jeff Walker and we turned the floor over to our reception friend, our DXer, our best buddy, old radio Rick Rick Washburn. This morning, Good morning, Ricky, how are you.
Speaker 24: I'm hanging in there, Gary Jeff, thank you. Today's show is a little rose perhaps, but this is a posthumous shout out. Yesterday morning, at about eight forty five am, my friend Steve Keys, also known as Toledo. Steve lost his fight with cold cancer.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you know very.
Speaker 24: It was soon after I started calling your show. It was a summer of twenty seventeen. Wasn't long after that Steve and I were introduced by somebody in Washington State that neither one of us have ever actually met. And it's kind of cool. The Internet's kind of a cool thing that way. But this fellow reached out to me because Stevid sent him a radio to be restored, and when it was done, Dan from Washington State Senate back and it got banged and kicked and jostled around a lot, and actually what happened was a two fell out destroyed the speaker, and Dan reached out to me and said, hey, where are you, and he goes, oh, darn it, I wish you were closer to Toledo because but Dan shared a picture of this radio and it happened to be nineteen forty six Emerson. It was a plastic radio but then it was called plastic on and just kind of a creepy, almost gothic looking radio, and I just looked at this. I got to fix this thing because it was identical to the third radio I ever owned in my life. I paid exactly one penny for it, and obviously the guy selling it was trying to encourage me to keep the hobby going and didn't need the income apparently, but I replaced one capacitor got it working. It was my favorite radio, and I was convinced I was a radio genius because I got it working. Hey, I was all right, but my love of that radio maybe decided to go ahead and take the long trip up to to Leo and I happened to have a speaker that would work, and went up there and I was invited in early that morning to his garage that he converted into his home office. And he never knew this, but he offered me a cup of coffee and I accepted, and he apologized when it was handed to me. He said, I'm not a coffee drinker, and I never told him, but it tasted like soap.
Speaker 4: But it's okay.
Speaker 24: At least I know the mugment was clean.
Speaker 12: It would be.
Speaker 24: Radio came to life after a lot of conversation and a lot of my fawning over the other radios on the shelves around the desk. We were all small and all wonderful. They liked small footprint radios and they included everything from early models that were in what they call a jewel case where either had to cover a door on it, or European models, alarm clock radios, any sets that caught his eye and would fit in that limited space out there. But his day job was as a salesman for Albany's, which is the confectioner that they make lots of tasty treats and snacks, but is specifically gummy bears, and as my daughter Lizzie will swear under oath, they're the only gummy bears appropriate for human consumption. Dan in Washington yesterday shared a stories like, you know, when Steve used to ship me radios to fix, he'd always include you know, like sample bags or gummies, because one time a radio came with a five pound bag of gummy bears inside with a note that said please enjoy during the repair process. So one other funny thing about Steve is mentioned. Weeks ago, our beloved shop helper cat Skitty passed away. She was less than five pounds and it was all vocal cord. She was a screamer, but she either tolerated you or she made it clear she was not a fan. And Marie and I joked for years that she was a great judge of character because when she deemed someone unworthy, she'd nip at them, and Marie and I could not disagree with her assessments quite frankly right, But I'd have to warn people that were visiting the Pineapple Palace Radio Museum that, as I put it, she wants to be loved, but she doesn't know how. Had a contractor to the house ones that bent down to pet her and he says, wow, sounds like my ex wife. But Marie and I would sit in our living room in the evening as we wound down for the day, and Skity would jump up on whicheverr lap was available and the visitors would never have to worry.
Speaker 1: About that except Steve.
Speaker 24: Skitty couldn't get enough of him. She would lay on his lap, fall asleep, not even demanding treats or head rubs or anything. She was just comfortable with him. It may have been the only time that she seemed truly comfortable, and Steve loved her, but was always shocked and always remarked that Skitty was the only cat that ever liked him. But anyway, what One Friday, Steve was wondering what the radio on the bench was going to be for my next Morning's called to this show and he asked, well, what radio did you discuss? And the Gary Jeff Walker pre show prep walk through the what? Yes, he said, Ultimately he thought the show was so smooth that it must be scripted. Well, it didn't take long for him to realize that none of that was true and uh and it hit the show prep consists of put on hold by the producer until you pick up.
Speaker 4: But he did.
Speaker 24: He did call it a couple of times in as matter of fact, twenty nineteen pre COVID, when we were still doing the anniversary shows in the studio, he happened to call in. I just remember him saying, you know, I'd like to give you a reception report from Toledo, but Rick has on my radios.
Speaker 1: I remember that very well. He called a couple of times into the program, Rick, and just the way you always spoke about him and the relationship you two had, a friendship that was built over this long distance connection from Washington State is an amazing story. And it's just like so many other things in life. You never know who's going to cross your path and who you're gonna hook up with or meet and how that's gonna happen, because the Lord truly does work in mysterious waves. And I'm glad that you got to call in this morning and talk about Toledo. Steve. Again, Catharsis is a great salv for grief many times. And the way you reached that is just by remembering all of the wonderful things about that person and the times that you spent together. And I am glad that you could share with us this morning. And Steve, Steve and his widow, Candace will be in our thoughts and our prayers for.
Speaker 24: Certain I appreciate that so much. And I just picture Steve in heaven right now, sitting in a big comfy chair, skidy.
Speaker 1: In his lap.
Speaker 24: He's catching up with his dad, listening to you five by five. And Steve, may God continue to bless you at rest in peace in safest seat for me.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Rick Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. We remember Toledo, Steve and a reception report from Heaven.
Speaker 6: Is there a special time you like to listen to Sconsloan? I love to listen to Sloaney in the morning, at home, in the car, going to work, when I'm at work, his podcast after work.
Speaker 1: And when I'm at the Dennis Wow, go to the dentist a lot. Yeah, I got some lousy teeth. I've got a bad back, So I listened to Sloaney when I get a massage. I'm gonna do that next time I get one.
Speaker 25: I hate that.
Speaker 26: Creepy massage music.
Speaker 1: Sloaney is like ten times better than massage music.
Speaker 6: Scott Sloan Monday morning at nine on seven hundred WLW and check out his podcast on the free iHeartRadio app prohibition. It's no secret that banning alcohol didn't stop people from living it up in the nineteen twenties, when we're five.
Speaker 27: Years into prohibition.
Speaker 28: The three years of inflation and debt had crushed them, but for the first time, they had the cash to secure their retirement, pay off their bills, and plan their future.
Speaker 1: They didn't win the lottery exactly, they.
Speaker 28: Did a genius financial strategy called the sell and Stay program from Truehold. Their homes value had rebounded greatly, so they quickly sold to Truehold and banked all that equity in cash. But since they've weren't ready to move, they could stay put an easy, affordable lease on it.
Speaker 1: Truehold even paid.
Speaker 28: Their property taxes, home insurance, and essential home repairs. True Hold unlocks your wealth without uprooting your life. Get a true Hold offered now while your home's value is still high. Call eight five five three hundred ninety nine ninety three or visit truehold dot com the smarter, faster way to cast your homes value without having to move.
Speaker 1: That's truehold dot com.
Speaker 13: Scattered showers and storms throughout most of your Saturday as temperatures top out right around that seventy degree mark. Rain continues for your Sunday, but afternoon highs tomorrow might not even leave the forties. Flooding concerns stick around all weekend. Firmer Severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW Sport. Here's Lilliam, Tomlinson, the Final Four and more.
Speaker 8: Liam Duke in Houston face off in the nightcapital of Final Four. The pregnant paust this afternoon for dramatic effect. Sorry, I'm a man of the arts. In the first game of this Florida in Auburn that tips off at six point nine. Newke Houston game will be thirty minutes following the conclusion of the first game. F C Cincinnati back in action tonight, coming off that one, coming off that win VERSU Nashville last week, The Orange Blue are set to host the New England Revolution. The New England Revolution are yet to win a game on the season, and f C Cincinnati currently sits in eighth place in the Eastern Conference. New England fourteenth. The match kicks off at seven thirty. Pre game coverage begins at seven. Catch all that action on ESPN fifteen thirty. The Cyclones play at four o'clock this afternoon against the Toledo Walleye. The Reds fell three to two against the Brewers. Last night went on a positive note. The Reds were able to manage to get two runs, breaking their three games scoreless streak. The runs came in the eighth inning, but it wasn't enough, as the Reds fell three to nothing.
Speaker 1: So did they play again today?
Speaker 12: In one?
Speaker 1: But they're back in action.
Speaker 8: Yesterday there was a couple people sick on the team, and hopefully some of those players recovered from that sick. Manager Terry Francona missed the game because of an illness.
Speaker 1: Well, I think a lot of Reds fans are sick with their performance so far this season. So turnerbout sphere of play. Are you eating now? Are you sure? Yeah? Okay, I don't know what's going on. I feel like I've liked at the dentist Right now.
Speaker 8: Red's face the Brewers for the third or four first pick That seven to ten inside pitch begins at six'.
Speaker 1: Ten thank. YOU i don't know what this guy's, about but he's insistent on getting on the air with This. Michael what's going?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 20: High?
Speaker 29: YES i was, facing you, know some major health, problems AND i don't know if you were able.
Speaker 12: To get in touched With, trump if he knew him at, all.
Speaker 29: Or you get away from getting.
Speaker 30: Him, Well i'm getting in touch with him for me BECAUSE.
Speaker 29: I had cancer two years ago and one of my goals was to meet him in. Person i'm just really wanted to meet.
Speaker 1: Him and you, know, Well, michael you know WHAT i tell you. What we'll put you on. Hold we'll take your number off, air And i'll see WHAT i can. DO i don't have a direct line to The White house or The Oval, office but, uh, seriously we'll put you on. Hold liam will get your, number and we'll try and make some contact for you with The. President, Okay.
Speaker 30: Okay you KNOW i have a story and And i've been having trouble figuring out how to get it out and you know all that, stuff And i've figured out wanted to.
Speaker 1: You, know you wanted to convey you wanted to convey a story To President. Trump all, Right i'm gonna put you on, Hold, michael and we'll figure out if we can help make that. Connection, well that would be. Fantastic if we can make that hook, Up we'll see The gang From ripley At brookies standing by at six twenty.
Speaker 24: Eight here's what's trending now The Iheartsports network presented By DraftKings.
Speaker 31: Sportsbook The cavs hold off The, spurs ring within a game of clinching to one seed in The, East red's fall of The brewers their fourth boss in a. Row game three of the four game set tonight on The ice Of Blue jackets based off With. Toronto, tonight Former falcons wide out and seven time pro Bowler Julio jones and now since his retirement after thirteen. Seasons final four At San. Antonio, Tonight florida takes On Auburn Houston Battles Duke I'm Trey.
Speaker 1: Bender check out What DraftKings has to.
Speaker 13: Offer hours and storms throughout most of Your saturday as temperatures top out right around that seventy degree. Mark rain continues for Your, sunday but afternoon highs tomorrow might not even leave the. Forties flooding concerns stick around all weekend from Severe Weather Station i'm Nine First warning Meteorologist Cameron harden On News radio seven hundred w L w.
Speaker 1: Rad Our Show's after getting a little bit of a.
Speaker 32: Break we are Seeing raine start to move back into the trice take now lighter showers From Forest park in The milford And. Batavia the heavier rain now back In Southeast, indiana picking up pretty strong showers In, Brookville, Batesville, greensburg all of that moving to the east fifty six. Degrees next update at six at seventh And Brian. Copes here's radio SO wlw.
Speaker 16: News twenty four hours a. Day he was a radio seven hundred w L.
Speaker 1: W i'm toasted you sid hone and.
Speaker 18: We may be.
Speaker 1: Through you'll never care. Me Conve goes At friends and No lass were the whiskey round sending our prayers to our friends in low. Places especially this. MORNING i saw some of the pictures of flooding In, kentucky and it is a reality for many many people of river At. Cincinnati The Ohio river expected to crust at crested sixty, feet which is eight feet above flood stage. Technically AND i remember the flood of nineteen ninety seven very. Well BUT i think the folks In ripley At brookies are high and dry this. Morning right now we'll find out good, morning.
Speaker 9: Good, Morning.
Speaker 1: Well jack's back in full. Voice are you keeping him?
Speaker 4: Back are?
Speaker 1: You are you keeping his head above? Water apparently you. Are we're.
Speaker 18: Trying so he's a mighty, dog but he's a little horse this.
Speaker 11: Morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah so what what's The ohio like there In? Ripley how high is?
Speaker 9: It well it's flapping down on the road there of staffers and flapping in that boat dock, area so it's.
Speaker 1: Coming you're what forty?
Speaker 11: Five he?
Speaker 1: Said what's what's flood stage there At? Ripley, yeah fifty feet fifty Feet, okay so you've got you're right. There you're knocking on the. Door, well our best to, you, guys AND i know that maybe you can move back up the hill To doug's old. House that's high, enough isn't it?
Speaker 16: Set so they.
Speaker 15: Always they always say at sixty puts it on The bristo's drug store.
Speaker 4: Corner so that's what's, really, really really really. Bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah in nineteen ninety, seven, uh the first time christ AND i were, married her grandparents lived In moscow and it. Flooded they were, high high up on a cliff above The Ohio, river and there was water in their first floor of their house and they're. BASEMENT i couldn't. Believe it was like a twenty foot incline from where the river usually, sits and it was in their. HOUSE i remember going One sunday and helping them pressure wash mud out of their. Basement it was a. Mess SO i know WHAT i know what it can be. Like SO i wish the best for you, guys.
Speaker 12: Pill and it's going to be in my basement here at the bar At.
Speaker 1: Brookies, YEAH i wouldn't doubt. It i've seen the setup there and you're not that far from the river to begin. With but, otherwise how are things going?
Speaker 33: Great but tonight MAYBE i don't know how you take a look at it might be a little, ironic but the Band Country thunder will be here tonight at eight.
Speaker 1: O'clock Country.
Speaker 18: Thunder we don't need a, thunder but will take the, country no.
Speaker 1: Doubt AND i understand that The queen Of hearts is skyrocketed. There, yes it's at least one hundred and ninety three. Thousand NOW i.
Speaker 4: Would EXPECT i could be super close to hitting that two hundred or.
Speaker 1: More, yeah By.
Speaker 12: Wednesday we jumped thirteen thousand dollars last.
Speaker 3: Week, YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Remember the last time it got above two hundred, bills AND i was there for a drawing on A wednesday night and the street was completely. Jammed it was like a block party gone. Crazy SO i it was, yeah, wait well it was great for. You kind of tough waiting through all the, hippies the, dippies the cyclist and the bikers and then common folk like. Me it was a big. Crowd SO i wish, you wish you, Well, brookie AND i know you guys will have a fantastic. Weekend stay dry if you, can all, right.
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 1: Right Thanks Jack oh.
Speaker 34: Seven Hundred cincinnati And iHeart Radio, station make us the number one pre set on your car radio and on the, free new and Improved iHeartRadio app listen for all your, music radio and podcast. Free never sounded so. Good News radio seven hundred AND.
Speaker 14: Wlw, hello it's, me the designer jeans in the back of your. Closet what happened to? US i used to somewhere in The hamptons and Now i'm stuck behind a pair of. Sweats, okay MAYBE i never really fit, you, right BUT i got a lot More Sunday fundays left in. Me so take me To goodwill WHERE i can really make a difference.
Speaker 23: Your donations To Goodwill create, jobs training programs and education assistance for people in your. Community to find your nearest donation, center go To goodwill dot Org Donate, Stuff Create. JOBS a message From goodwill and the Ad council, Prohibition it's no secret that banning alcohol didn't stop people from living.
Speaker 1: Well in effect and for good. Reason as the rain keeps, coming the waters keep, rising showers and possibly a thunderstorm moving back in this, morning and we'll be with us all day to. Day high around sixty eight degrees overnight, rain a chance of Thunder continent news forty two tomorrow, morning and showers throughout the morning On. Sunday then the dryout begins with a high then of forty. Eight seven HUNDRED Wlw, sport Liam.
Speaker 8: Townlinson Here reds and The brewers faceoff again. Today The reds fell to The brewers three to two last. Night Brady singer take them ount for The. Reds Alvin. Rodriguez we'll get the started for The. Brewers first pitch at seven. Ten inside pitch begins at six y. Ten you can catch all that action right here at the home of The. Reds seven HUNDRED wlw F C cincinnati will Host New England.
Speaker 1: Revolution this. Evening kickoff is at seven.
Speaker 8: Thirty pre game coverage begins at seven ON espn fifteen thirty Two final four. Matchups, Today florida And auburn faceoff in the first, Game Duke houston in the.
Speaker 1: Nightcap there you. Go thank you so, much. Sir steve FROM, etna hanging in a fifthy phone calling news of the. Week can't wait for this. One it's next six forty, Three it's seven HUNDRED wlw owner, manager your room begins This morning's here On monday on The big One star to day without an unhealthy dose of Tdsation Jerry jeff with you on The saturday morning edition and joining us now is our Friend Steve simon from Met, In. Ohio a pithy phone called new whos of the week and the commentary that you have been dying to. Hear good, morning, Sir good morning.
Speaker 35: Sir this week marked Another April Fools, day And Senate Minority Leader Chuck schumer of The People's republic Of New york is in another homicidal. FIT i Quote blacks get a whole month In. February women get the month Of, march and we fools get one freaking. Day we deserve a whole. Year, right you are, chucky and that's why we have the legacy media to report your Bondbos okay On this quoted, him but that's exactly what he was, thinking and you know, it AND i know. It our first fool IS la Attorney Paul, eisner who was getting bored in, retirement so he has a ballot proposal for the land of fruits and. Nuts he titles it The Luigi Mangioni access To Healthcare, act named for the killer of insurance company Executive Bruce thompson on a street In New, York Chuck schumer's. Hometown, yes there are no such things as. Coincidences Our california lawyer Misspelled mangioni's, name but assures us he knows what he's talking about when he Says mangoni's goals are, great his methods might be a little. Iffy the ballot major bars insurance companies from interfering with any physician's, procedure the the absence of which might result in, death WHICH i thought was, inevitable, disability or other nasty stuff like voting for A Republican we'll spend the rest of the year thanks To Senator schumer keeping you abreast of the boobs we call fools On Saturday Morning live ON. Wlw let's get back to the other coast that examined the latest on how your money is being. Spent, farmers listen. Up you'd think that if any department in the federal government would be absent confusion related to, sex it would be The department Of agriculture OR. Usda cows and bulls seemed to be pretty clear on who's who and who is supposed to.
Speaker 4: Do what and to.
Speaker 35: Whom they know their, pronouns BUT usda thinks they need. HELP a two one hundred and eighteen grant went to the needs at the home of The Nitney lyons known as Penn State university to study AND i, quote sexuality and sustainable, agriculture examining queer farmer's quality of life In, pennsylvania claiming the topic is quote woefully. UNDERSTUDIED i get a feeling that it's true queer farmers have better things to do in the field and of course in the bunk. House BUT i. Digress the grad student who got the money to do this is now a professor at The university of The People's republic Of, wisconsin WHERE i assume her preferred pronoun is, questioning which is. Unquestionable But i'll stop badgering HER hu and move on to the faculty advisor back At Happy, VALLEY. Pa her name Is Kathleen, Sexsmith no? Kidding who also got your money to produce this tribute to technomania farming as A LATIN x analyzing how ethnic and gender identities Shape Latino latina participation in sustainable agriculture In. Pennsylvania, wow they loved that dog whistle, sustainable don't? They holy husbandry. Batman Miss sexsmith should at least change her name To. genderSmith here's one of the great quotes that resulted from her plumbing the knee deep depths of the cow. Pasture Miss genderSmith, asks on the subject Of hispanic masculinity, quote how do Rural Latin american masculinities become reproduced in The United? STATES i, ANSWER i don't think they can be, reproduced but they can trends if they get a government grant FROM. Usda my alma, mater The university Of Notre, dame the Farming. Irish if you will got a twenty twenty two grant entitled Catch, This Gender sexuality And Social sustainability exploring queer farmers, relationships, ethics and practices in The midwest disregarding pasture pollution like gender. Sexuality what the HELL i wonder how The french priests who slogged their way through the bogs of The Saint Joseph River valley To South bend in eighteen forty two would translate this modern day version of The Queer's. English they were, observed or they were also absorbed in something quite. Different those priests from alleviating the suffering of Queer indian, farmers knowing that the advancement of civilization rested more in the establishment and the nourishing of lucrative men's football and women's basketball. Programs and they did the whole damn thing without government. Grants. WOOOO i swear To, GOD i cannot believe what goes on In, WASHINGTON dc or the stock. Market my, Goodness, Cary, jeff take care of. Yourself have a good. Week there'll be more next.
Speaker 1: Week, oh there certainly. Will and by the, way The president just got the green light from THE Us Supreme court to stop sixty five million dollars in federal education funding like the nonsense That steve just. Mentioned it's a great, Day ray From. Loveland good, morning my. Brother how are you, Doing, Ray?
Speaker 20: Scott, Fantastic, Gary Jeff, Walker you're coming in a loud and clear through the, rain and it's so nice to talk to you this. Morning and, yes, SO i guess do you think That President trump should continue to stand firm With Bill, Clinton Barack obama And Al gore and cutting government? Waste is that a winning? Program or should?
Speaker 1: We And Nancy pelosi And Bernie sanders who all thought that well as far as tariffs, go that unfair trade was Killing United states, jobs all of a sudden they have turned their backs on their own words from just ten years, ago only because It's Donald. Trump, yes he should stand.
Speaker 20: Firm so stay union, proud is what you're saying as a winning. Deal, well but what about The Main street and The Wall?
Speaker 1: STREET i, mean you, know.
Speaker 20: Should he continue to stand up For Main street or should we divert off and acquisess To Wall?
Speaker 4: Street what do you?
Speaker 20: Think what should he?
Speaker 12: Do?
Speaker 1: Well the brokers and the traders On Wall. Street and we're not talking about you or, Me we're not talking about people with money in the stock. Market in the four oh one, Case i'm talking about the big, wigs who are you, know clutching their pearls and biting their fingernails right now over the last couple of days On Wall. Street those people have all made money OUTSOURCING us jobs and manufacturing two other. Countries and this is what they're most concerned. About they're. Concerned the billionaires and the capital venturists are really concerned about the tariffs because the gig is up and the jobs are starting to come.
Speaker 20: Back and you're you're, you and you are speaking of the eight percent that own ninety percent of the stock in. Country those are the PEOPLE i believe you're referring.
Speaker 1: To it's exactly Who i'm referring.
Speaker 4: To. Interesting.
Speaker 20: Interesting, so So President trump should continue to stand firm With, Nancy, Bernie Bill, Clinton barack And Al. Gore he yet stand.
Speaker 1: Firm absolutely and when a waste as, Well, yes thank, You, god bless. You it's six fifty five seven UNDRED.
Speaker 6: Wlw this morning at, Nine Mike allen bits the latest wave of ridiculousness With karate like discipline on seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 36: Wlw adopt Us kids presents what do you expect when you're expecting a?
Speaker 37: Teenager learning the lingo hundo p hundo p a short for being one hundred percent or, certain as, in if we get a, Puppy i'll hundo pee always walk.
Speaker 36: In you don't have to speak teen to be a perfect. Parent thousands of teens in foster care will love you just the. Same visit adopt Us kids dot, org brought to you by THE Us department Of health And Human, services Adopt Us, kids and the Ad.
Speaker 13: Council scattered showers and storms throughout most of Your. Saturday not much changing in the forecast as, showers, storms and flooding concerns will still be here throughout the entire. Weekend, today tempters will climb to right around that seventy degree mark with steady showers. Possible same thing for Your sunday in terms of the, rain but temperature is much, colder only topping out in the upper forties close to fifty Firm severe weather Station i'm nine First warning Meteorologist Cameron harden on news radio seven HUNDRED wlw.
Speaker 32: RAD i now shows steady rain across all Of Southeast, Indiana, Batesville, brookville and the. Versales the line of storms just starting to cross into Southwest. Ohio harrison picking up rain, now so Is. Oxford. Hilario we'll see rain for several hours. Today fifty seven degree is next update seven. Thirty I'm Brian, coltons Who's Radioluble.
Speaker 16: News twenty four hours a. Day he was a radio seven hundred w L.
Speaker 6: W you're one stop for advertising called eight four four eight four.
Speaker 1: Four iHeart into another hour of The saturday morning edition for This, Saturday april, fifth twenty twenty. Five I'm Gary Jeff, walker and you're, not aren't you? GLAD i would be seven Seven eastern. Times that is in the middle of the rainy, season as we like to call it the monsoon. Season, Man just prayers go out to everybody who's in the path of these flooding rivers and streams and, streets and be careful as you are going, through especially on the, roads because most of flood related deaths happen from people trying to drive through high. Water not a good. IDEA i have an environmental engineer report with our environmental engineer, oddly And I'm Steve shulty is.
Speaker 22: HERE i see, trees some, green.
Speaker 38: Redses, TOO i see them blue AND i think to, myself.
Speaker 12: WHAT i?
Speaker 1: Wonder, indeed that's WHAT i always. Think Steve, Shulty good, morning my. Friend how are.
Speaker 11: You good, Morning, Gary Jeff BETTER i deserve as Always so you.
Speaker 1: Told me that you had a Quick tesla. Comedy, Well i'm gonna change.
Speaker 11: Up go, Ahead i'm gonna change up a little bit this this, Morning, Gary.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Okay, UH i.
Speaker 18: Go, ahead go, ahead you go.
Speaker 11: Ahead first one comes From heartland dot org from my from Yesterday, friday under climate. Comedy AND i don't remember, exactly but there's that uh a car commercial out there that you've seen that at the end of the, commercial the woman in the pastncy turns to you and kind of gives you a little secret about the.
Speaker 3: Car.
Speaker 11: Yea so under climate, comedy it goes if they thought climate change was, real they wouldn't be Vandalizing tesla's little little corp. There but that leads into something ELSE i saw earlier this. Week this is from C. Fact that's a letter c fact dot Org april. First and this is not A April fool's. Joke, uh it's an an article talk Says, verse celebrating, waste fraud and abuse added to socialist anthem using music to proclaim government, waste proud and abuse a human. Right The secretariat The Socialist international added a doge shattering new verse to its, anthem The. Internationale and here's the, Verse gary Jeff, A rise, ye lovers of excess from ledgers, deep let chaos bloom with, waste will build a grand. Largesse proud spins the wheel abuse the. Tune no thrift shall bind our golden. Spree corruption's flag flies bolden free the spoils of graft our sacred. Right we revel in the endless. Night so if people out there are, wondering, well what's going, on this is what's going. On this is Why tesla's And tesla dealerships and whatnot are being. Burned, well there's just nothing to do about the.
Speaker 1: Environment, no this is supposed to be another day of rage so called today with protests Against Elon musk And Donald trump and people who Drive, tesla's which by great percentage are mostly considered themselves liberal Or, democrats and now they are eating their own i. E the hands off protesters and the. LIKE i hope they can track down who was actually and they say they know who was funding these not, protests not These First amendment protected, protests but the violence and the vandalism that is being perpetrated Against tesla And tesla owners and the, like and they track them down and prosecute them for domestic. Terrors it's it's it's a reco, Charge, Steve, OH i.
Speaker 11: Understand but this is why socialists they see this chaos and vandalism as a. RIGHT i mean that's what now someone would, say, well why is, That, well because they know that if you have a society with, chaos abuse and corruption and so on and so, forth you will collapse that. Society and that's what they, want and that is they want death and they want. Collapse that is it's just. Amazing well that.
Speaker 12: That is the.
Speaker 1: Goal and it's not just it's not. Amazing it's, disgusting and we as a society need to halt it in its. Tracks people need to be, prosecuted people need to be brought to, justice and the chaos needs to.
Speaker 13: End.
Speaker 1: Now seven twelve at seven HUNDRED. Wlw SO i went to The Bawling alley with my friends Short, steve are you making fun of your Friend? Ty i'm not making. Fun do you hate short? FEET i don't he's taller THAN i. Am you're, No i'm.
Speaker 16: Not sometimes it feels like it's not shafe to shave, anything but not With eddie And.
Speaker 1: Rocky they want to hear what you have to. Shave we think it's important for everyone to be. Heard eddie And.
Speaker 27: Rocky monday afternoon at three one seven HUNDRED, wlw.
Speaker 39: Adopt Us kids presents what to expect when you're expecting a teenager learning the.
Speaker 1: Lingo, Today i'm going to help parents translate teen.
Speaker 26: Slang, now when a team says something is on, fleek it's exactly like saying that's.
Speaker 1: Rad it simply means that something is awesome or. Cool another one is.
Speaker 26: Toats it's exactly like saying, totally just, shorter as IN i totes love going to the mall With. Becca another word you might hear is. Jelly jelly is a, shorter better way to say, jealous as In, CHLOE i am like so jelly of your unicorn phone.
Speaker 39: Case you don't have to speak team to be a perfect. Parent thousands of teens in foster care will think.
Speaker 1: You're rad just the.
Speaker 39: Same to learn, more visit adopt Us kids dot. ORG a public service announcement brought to you by THE Us department Of health And Human, services Adopt Us, kids and the Ad.
Speaker 1: Council Jeff weilerhonda Dot, com how you doing? Good to be with you as all was our Little Saturday morning, family our little get Together Radio, mayberry AS i like to call, it The Saturday Morning. Edition The Supreme. COURT i mentioned this real briefly After steve talked a few moments. Ago The Supreme court yesterday is allowing The trump Administration President trump to freeze education grants OVER dei concerns many of The trump executive orders that have been signed are going to finally wind up in The Supreme. Court AND i would imagine that these district court judges who set even the liberal members of The Supreme court so far with these nationwide injunctions and halting and hindrance of a presidential power that are, Unconstitutional i'm sure they're not very happy with these district judges Like bosburg And, washington D. C and others who have decided that they're the, president not the. President and many of these cases are going to wind up at the highest court in the, land as it should, be and we'll get some. Clarification AND i think many of Those trump is going to. Win just a. Prediction seven seventeen on A saturday. Morning time for The Tom Davis. DIARIES i like to refer to them as the, weird, wacky wild stories from around the world and around the. Country and here was our, Correspondent Tom. Davis good, Morning, Gary. Jeff this week sad clowns are getting sadder by the. Minute but, First, Thompson.
Speaker 40: Ohio just north Of, montville you, know west Of, trumbull south Of South, madison Near cleveland And, thompson some guy caused a three car pile up when he reached for his. Donut this guy was eating behind the wheel when he lost control of his favorite treat and then his truck trying to grab for. It he injured several, people one of which had to be cut out of the. Car the State patrol was still, investigating calling the case a high, priority probably because it involves. Donuts And albuquerque man was recently caught smuggling bologne into THE us two hundred and forty two pounds of, bloney what making him an official baloney. Smuggler he was stopped at the border with the large meat. STASH a canine found twenty two rolls hidden in the. Rear the boloney was seized and destroyed because it is illegal to smuggle meat into THE us From. MEXICO a man From cheyenne Named Ricky doherty recently arrested for using movie prop money to buy food At Taco bella. McDonald's the twenty dollars bills were marked for motion picture use, only but looked very similar to real. Currency he's charged with felony forgery and misdemeanor. Possession and, finally it's a sad state of affairs for clowns in THE. Uk they say they're facing extinction due to negative portrayals and, movies and they're gathering at a Clown congress this weekend to discuss saving their profession and making it more. Relevant the event aims to address the future of clowning during turbulent. Times organizers have invited all types of clowns to join in the. Discussion next, week shoplifter throws pork chops at.
Speaker 1: Police have a great weekend when it comes to. Gardening we all want the best reason your.
Speaker 13: Day as temperatures top out right around that seventy degree. Mark rain continues for Your, sunday but afternoon highs tomorrow might not even leave the. Forties flooding concerns stick around all. Weekend from your Severe weather, Station i'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron harden on news radio seven hundred W lw.
Speaker 1: Seven HUNDRED wlw sport a quick check on sports Reports.
Speaker 8: Liam The Men's final four is, Tonight duke in all excuse, Me duke And houston playing the. Nightcap florida And auburn will play in the Game before. That the Women's National championship is set Between connecticut And South. CAROLINA Fc cincinnati Host New England revolution. Tonight that kickoff is at seven. Thirty pre game coverage begins at. Seven The reds loss three to two last. Night that is four straight. Losses now for The Red, legs they are back in action at seven ten. Tonight Brady singer will start for The reds And Elvin rodriguez will start for The. Brewers as mentioned, before first pitch as seven to. Ten inside pitch begins at. Six catch all that action right here on the hum of The red seven HUNDRED. Wlw it's two and six on the season so. Far but don't give, up. Hope, hey you know another reason not to give. Up hope is our cyber friend who's actually a human, being.
Speaker 5: NOT.
Speaker 1: AI i Swear Tech Talk. Doomsday Dave hatter is back with us on A saturday morning to talk a LITTLE it stuff and The internet of things world in which we, live and things to watch out. For, Dave good, Morning how are?
Speaker 12: You i'm, Good, Gary, jeff how are you this? Morning?
Speaker 1: Good what's concerning you?
Speaker 12: Now, well you know it's a long list if you haven't seen it, recently THE fbi thing about fake file. Converters and to make this as simple as possible for, people think that MAYBE i have a word Document Microsoft word AND i want to convert it to A, pdf or MAYBE i have some sort of movie format or audio format AND i want to convert it to another. Format in many, CASES i just want to tell people, upfront you have the native tools on your computer to do. This you don't need to go find a free website to do. It for, Example Microsoft word will save a word document in many different. Formats you just have to say save as and then.
Speaker 1: Look at what it.
Speaker 12: Has so it's where you go out and search and try to find a quote freesite unquote to do. This understand you probably already have what you need in most, cases unless it's some really esoteric, thing but they're warning that the bad guys creative as Always Gary jeff will create a quote free website or software you can download to convert your, files and then of course it's got some kind of. Malware and this is happening enough apparently that THE fbi has taken the time to put out a warning about.
Speaker 4: It so.
Speaker 12: You, know it can be devastating if you find yourself in this situation where you've downloaded some kind of. Malware so be really. Careful and if you're going to get some sort of file conversion, software make sure you only get it from a, legitimate well vetted. Tour don't just do a search and use the first free thing you.
Speaker 1: Find what kind of file would someone want to convert to another format or? Platform for, Example i'm a Total i'm a total neophyte on. THIS i DON'T i don't even attempt to do such, things even though it's well within my.
Speaker 12: Power, yeah most people probably really don't need to do this that. Often, again usually the most common thing would be you're used to The Microsoft office and you are on perhaps some version of Like google workspace and you have like a spreadsheet or a word processing document and you want to convert it to something.
Speaker 4: Like A pdf.
Speaker 12: File or you get A pdf file and you want to try to convert something something could be a music. File maybe you have a file in like An apple music format and you want to convert it to like AN mp, three which is sort of a universal. Format and there are legitimate file converters out. There some are, free some you have to pay for, it depending on the format you want to. Convert From war, two but in many, cases again you'll already have the software in your computer to do this if you.
Speaker 1: Just know how to look for.
Speaker 12: It and if you just go out and do a, search you, know they'll do searching and. Poisoning they'll build, sites they'll make them rank, high and it's already got something nefarious on the. Site they're just trying to get you to. It you, Know google doesn't know whether every website that they've indexed is legit or, nefarious so that there's a whole field around search engine poisoning and trying to get people to nefarious sites by making things ranked well in the search. Engine because people don't realize That google is not vetting everything they're showing you when you, Search so just just be. Careful that's the. Thing you, know anything it's, Free, Gary. JEFF i, mean there are legitimate free things out, there but anything that's, free at, best you're paying with your, data and at worst it's some kind of.
Speaker 1: Scam all, Right, WELL i mean it's good, advice but, again for somebody like, ME i can't, imagine you, know If i'm going to be able to read it or enjoy, it you, say like a movie file for, Example i'm just going to receive it via my email or whatever it maybe even a, text And i'm not going to try and fudge with it too. Much you know What i'm.
Speaker 12: SAYING i totally, understand, Yes but.
Speaker 1: And even IF i had the ability to do, IT i would not know how to convert it. Myself AND i think that's where people run into. PROBLEMS i, mean is there any place where somebody like me could go if they needed to convert something that you would feel confident and safe with if you don't know how to do it on your own. Device.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Here my first suggestion would, be most of the, time it's probably going to be someone gets A pdf file and they want to try to convert it to something, else and depending on how that was. Done so pdafter is An adobe. Format you, know if you get A pdf file and you want to convert it to something, else your best bet would be to start at The adobe website and see what options they, have again trying to stick to either the original manufacturer.
Speaker 4: Of the software or at least a well known be it.
Speaker 12: Sourced if it's A microsoft file format and you want to try to convert, it go To microsoft dot com and look for, options because those are probably going to be the two most. Common now, again when you get into like music files IN p three that sort of, thing you, know your best bet is probably going to be do a. Search, well if it's An apple file, format start With apple and see if they have a converter that will let you get it into some other kind of. Format, AGAIN mp three is kind of a free universal. Format the trick there is going to be if you want to convert it to something like An apple file, again you probably should just whatever the native format it came to you, in try to find the organization that originally.
Speaker 41: Designed that, format and then see if they have a converter tool as opposed to just anytime you search for. Something, again this idea of search engine poison And Gary. Jeff If i'm a, criminal that, guy bad, actor, whatever you, KNOW i can build a website for almost, nothing and IF i know about search engine, OPTIMIZATION i can work on trying to get it to rank highly in search on any search, engine not.
Speaker 1: Just i've just thought of my answer for my, Situation. Dave i'll just ask my wife because that's WHAT i or.
Speaker 24: You can just call, me call me.
Speaker 12: Wife that's always a, good good, choice all, Right but search empoisoning is a real, thing so be, careful all.
Speaker 1: Right thank, You. Dave do Stay, dave watch out for.
Speaker 42: That.
Speaker 1: Uh the music Professor Jim lebarbara joins this afternoons For rock And Roll archaeology on A saturday morning here on seven hundred.
Speaker 7: Call three eight to ONE foam or visit online At USAINSALATION.
Speaker 6: Dotssa inlation, prohibition it's no secret that banning alcohol didn't stop people from living it.
Speaker 16: Up here is the latest weather forecast from news radio seven hundred w L.
Speaker 13: Job not much changing in the forecast as, showers, storms and flooding concerns will still be.
Speaker 1: Here throughout the entire.
Speaker 13: Weekend, today tempters will climb to ride around that seventy degree mark with steady showers. Possible same thing for Your sunday in terms of the, rain but temperature is much, colder only topping out in the upper, forties close to fifty firma severe weather. Station i'm Nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron harden On NewsRadio seven HUNDRED wlw.
Speaker 32: Rad our show's rain over most of the tri state fifty eight degrees right. Now next up day at eight, Thirty I'm Brian Colmesto's radio SEVEN Wlubt.
Speaker 16: News twenty four hours a. Day News radio seven HUNDRED. Wlw you're one stop for. Advertising call eight four four eight four. Four iHeart.
Speaker 3: Into you in.
Speaker 1: Another hour of This saturday morning. Edition For, Saturday april the, fifth twenty twenty. Five GARY. J. F walker At Yours, service reporting for duty a Soggy. Saturday to be, sure and as you heard during the, news and as you've probably perhaps experienced, personally depending on where you are and where you're, driving and how close you are to a river or a, stream this is looking like it could be as bad or almost as bad as nineteen ninety seven just a record amount of, rainfall and we're not done with it. Yet we shall, See oh where this? Goes five feet high on Rising, Mama time for Science mike and a Science minute on A saturday, Night, yes but a night advising all binding. Me good, Morning, michael how are?
Speaker 12: You i'm.
Speaker 5: Good did you get your wife her retirement gifts like a great bottle opener or anything like that or anything or, well.
Speaker 1: What it means is, that and she did. This she decided to help me with the, bartending just in CASE i would have like a fill in fa willy or something during the week on A thursday Or friday WHEN i was scheduled to work at the. Bar she was nice enough to do. That and then she was nice enough BECAUSE i have to get up so early On saturday morning to help On. Saturdays and we've been doing this one hour on and one hour off thing On. Saturday in other, Words i've Been i've been. Skeezing i've, Been i've Been i've been floating for the last you, know a little while here while she is taking, then, yes, well the nicest THING i can do for it is to, say, yes, honey you don't have to do this anymore so, anyway.
Speaker 5: Well, uh let's, uh let's get to the topic at. Hand that's the first THING i want to read is the where the study came. From and this study is going to is about fruit. Flies but let's let's read who did this study for? Us this IS i didn't want to write it.
Speaker 20: Down for so.
Speaker 5: Long researchers from The departments Of Evolutionary Neural ethology And Insects symbiosis and The Olfactory Coding Research group at The Max Plank institute For Chemical. Ecology they did this study that's a, mouthful uh of fruit flies and what they're, Determined Gary Jeff as you, know to see fruit flies.
Speaker 1: And they hang around the you know the fruit. Obviously well you, know, hey, listen this this kind of relates to the bar because, sometimes in fact many many, times and it's not just our, bar it's every bar in the. World one of the main adversaries is fruit. Flies once they get in because the doors open up and they're they're in the, bottles you have to cover the tops of the poors to keep them out that they'll get near the, sink and they're just really obnoxious and they're difficult to give to see you can't even hang up like a hot shot to kill them because of the health issues with the health department in a. Bar you can't have it around food or, liquor but you can't have fruit flies in people's drinks. Either but go.
Speaker 5: Ahead but the dust still a melon, guster that's the name of the fruit.
Speaker 24: Fly but, Yeah Gary.
Speaker 5: Jeff the reason they're doing that they like the alcohol the fruit and the fermentation of the yeast turns an ethanol and, ethanol and they they want they want to have, Sex Gary. Jeff, basically they consume the, alcohol which then in turn in the in their metapolic metabolic form take in the. System it converts produces sex formones pheromones that then attract the female male to this drunken male fruit fly so they can have h have a good. Time what's interesting is that the fruit fly has three brain functions alerts that two of them kind of say, yeah we like this alcohol and have some. More and they have a third brain function that, says not you're drinking too. Much you got to, Stop you've had. Enough it's kind of interesting that they actually did imaging of fruit fly. BRAINS i don't know how the heavens they did. That but they determine that these fruit flies have the drink alcohol in order to produce these sex pheromones for the for the female to.
Speaker 12: To you.
Speaker 1: Know, well this also explains in humans, coyote ugly and and other. Things that's.
Speaker 5: Exactly let me read the last sentence from this guy who did the. STUDY i think he's been In barstow may, times he, said whereas the success of drunken male humans with femal is likely to be. Questionable AND i don't think he's been around too many.
Speaker 1: Bars, well you, know but it's interesting though that that that is the reason the flute fruit flies are attracted to the alcohol is so they can ultimately have. Sex that's, yes there's a goal, there it really.
Speaker 12: Is.
Speaker 1: YEAH i imagine the Two do you imagine the two guy fruitflies talking the next? Day what do you do last? Night you wouldn't believe. IT i woke up. SOMEWHERE i never Thought i'd be.
Speaker 12: All.
Speaker 1: Right she almost had to chew my wing. Off all, right thank, You. Michael it's twelve minutes after eight. O'clock we will switch gears in a big. Way Rick green is calling in moments here on seven HUNDRED. Wlw there you are.
Speaker 27: Listening to The eddie And Rocky show when all of a, sudden two co workers start slugging it out over the last bag of funions in the snack, machine forcing.
Speaker 1: You to miss part of our. Show eddie here with a.
Speaker 27: Solution listen to the podcast of The eddie And Rocky show on The iHeartRadio apptate hear what you, missed and have the snack guy put some more damn funions of that.
Speaker 42: Machine if you were a loved one has sleep, apnea you can help advance research that may lead to a. Cure myapna dot org is an online community where, providers, researchers, families and patients can share and learn from each. Other fill out the online survey and wake up to a better future at myapnea dot. Org a public service from The American Sleep Apnea.
Speaker 8: Association, whoo long time no see it's me the ROCK t shirt in the back of your.
Speaker 1: Closet hell you, Dude remember you crowdsurfed in, me, man but you haven't warned me in like. FOREVER i got. It you're, retired BUT i still got some rock left in.
Speaker 11: Me so take me To goodwill WHERE i could really make a.
Speaker 23: Difference your donations To goodwill create, jobs training programs and education assistance for people in your. Community to find your nearest donation, center go To goodwill dot org donate, Stuff Create. JOBS a message From goodwill and the Ad Council Jeff weallernissan dot.
Speaker 1: Com obviously we have Been let's, go.
Speaker 38: There's no.
Speaker 1: Way let's go the, cavern Kin. Laren let's go to sixteen minutes after the. Hour time for some, truth some real, truth The word Of. God sharing it with you on A saturday, morning and help us do. That Brother Rick green is joining us on the. Line Brother, green we are a week. Away good, morning. Sir we are a week away, tomorrow a week away From Palm, sunday, which of course When jesus came To jerusalem and then would Fulfill god's prophecy and give us all a new line on. Life the week after when we celebrate the resurrection Of Jesus christ On Easter. Sunday passovers coming. Up it's a very special time of year For christians in the whole, world is it.
Speaker 12: Not oh, yeah most.
Speaker 1: Definitely it changed.
Speaker 3: Everything without, that you, know we'd all be, doomed we'd be.
Speaker 1: Dead that's, right absolutely dead and. Sin SO i know you've got something special for us this. Morning please lay it on, us lay out some truth on the all right.
Speaker 3: We Have, Philippias chapter, two verse. Thirteen it, says for it Is god who works.
Speaker 4: In you to do his way and to.
Speaker 3: Act, SORRY i missed it all, Up, felicia two verse. Thirteen for it Is god who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good.
Speaker 12: Purpose.
Speaker 3: Amen i've always understood that anything good about me is Of, god anything.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely and. Usually on the other, HAND i, said anything bad about me is BECAUSE i wasn't listening to the will Of. God and sadly that does happen from time to, time and when it, does you know you just the great thing about the love of The almighty Of god is that he always will give you a, mulligan in other, words if you ask for if you repent and ask for, forgiveness it's. There BUT i have TO i have to ask a. Lot it SEEMS i think we all do.
Speaker 12: Great i'm asking for some good.
Speaker 3: Will and right, now my Star, ricky were going to work last night and someone hit our. Car i'm going into this gas station to see if the camera. Work i'm frond of one exasnation right. Now hopefully there are camera.
Speaker 43: Work Now i'm just that one intern no one ever talks. TO i always thought you'd circle back with, me get, granular keep me in the. Pipeline but, nada. Nothing don't you remember the McKittrick. Presentation you spilled coffee on me AND i still looked amazing during the breakout talk, BACK q AND. A SO i think it's time for me to move. On i've got a great resume AND i absolutely crush it in. Interviews, okay let's make this a clean break shift the. Paradigm the only THING i ask is that you think outside the box here and do. This take me to Good will WHERE i can really make a.
Speaker 23: Difference your donations To goodwill create new, jobs training, programs and education assistance for people in your. Community to find your nearest donation, center go To goodwill dot. Org donate, stuff create. JOBS a message From goodwill and the Ad council.
Speaker 1: From the very, beginning iHeart has believed in.
Speaker 26: Me even, NOW i still get excited when a.
Speaker 1: Yes now what you hear is not a.
Speaker 19: TEST m rap it the beat and it was forty five years ago that this became the first hip hop top forty head by the Sugar Hill.
Speaker 1: Gang these, kids they think they're so. Cool you know, What my generation got some gangs to IN us, two The Bang Bang Boogety beat introducing our Friend Moe. Egar hey, mo what do you think about? That little rappers? Delight?
Speaker 4: HUH i like, It Sugarhill, GANG i like. It now we just need some, uh some blondie rapture and we're good to.
Speaker 1: Go Hotel Motail Holiday in so first and foremost big, news The reds actually. Scored they actually run. Unbelievable, yes, DOSE i, KNEW i. Knew, LISTEN i. Know and that slugfest demonstration when they scored fourteen. Runs this happened time and time again last. Year but they'd have an outburst like that and then they would go completely silent for like four or five. Games not like this. Quite but you cannot continue to waste fantastic pitching performances by the likes Of Hunter green And Nick lodolo and not give them any run, support because there's going to be a time when those guys aren't on and you're wasting these gems of pitching performances somebody was talking about it last night at the bar this place we were, playing and he's, right he's dead on. Right he, said you cannot waste these pitching performances like The reds have been. Doing is there any is there any special formula to get us out of this? Funk can you do it in the short? Term probably.
Speaker 4: NOT i, mean first of, all you're you're. Right it's it's what has made this start so. Frustrating the starting pitching has been, awesome, obviously you, know they've played a game. Since BUT i WAS i was reading yesterday on the air some of the statistics about where The reds are in relation to other teams starting pitching staffs number one in walks and hits per, innings pitch number three in e er, a number one in average length of, start holding hitters to the lowest batting average in the. League and you, know last Night Nick martinez started and it wasn't, great but was good. Enough it was good enough to keep his team in the. Ballgame AND i think what you're dealing with here are extreme examples of what we thought were going to be big picture issues and big picture of strengths we thought The reds were gonna have good starting. Pitching the starting pitching has been. AWESOME i think we feared The reds were gonna have a below average. Offense the offense has been much worse than. That in the short. TERM i don't know what the fix is because it's an incomplete, roster you. Know i've heard people, suggest, well call Up Will, benson, okay or call Up Noelve marte all, right or call Up Reese. Hines And i'm not opposed to any one of those, things but those were guys who weren't good enough to make the team at spring, training and SO i think if you're expecting one of those guys to come in on a white horse and say, things that's a little bit of a foolish. Proposition health has been an. Issue not Having Tyler stevenson. Hurts not Having Austin hayes. Hurts Spencer STEER i think is playing with one arm right.
Speaker 1: Now that obviously.
Speaker 4: Hurts BUT i think the issue for me more than anything, is you, know you AND i talked before over a day what's likely the biggest issue with this, team and it felt like to me it was going to be the, offense because while they had a productive offseason in terms of player. ADDITIONS i spent most of the offseason toward the tail end and most of spring training, wondering shouldn't they have made one more? Move shouldn't they have gone and gotten an. Outfielder Jake frayley is a nice guy and has done some good, things but his numbers have dropped every single, year and so it's not a surprise that his numbers have created this. Year the back end of the outfield includes guys Like Jacob hertebese And Blake, dunn and they've Tried Santiago espinal out there out of. NECESSITY i don't know that really good teams are using those guys in the. Outfield so it's a lot of different. THINGS i don't know what the short term fix, is but you're absolutely. Right you can't continue the waste to sort of starting pitching. Performance they've. Wasted the starting pitching has been, awesome and yet this team has lost six of his first. Eight that's something that simply cannot.
Speaker 1: Happen, well do have the MATURITY i think of and he didn't help in this four game losing streak so, Far but you have the maturity Of elie de La. Cruz you know he's coming. Along you Have matt McClain back that you, know we were all Just but you're, right the fact That Spencer steer is playing injured right now and you don't Have Tyler stevenson that those are Big those are big minus seas right now for that.
Speaker 20: Time, Yeah Tyler stevenson And Spencer steer were two of the team's top four hitters a year. Ago those are big.
Speaker 4: Losses but you, know we talked about last year at the beginning of the, season they dealt with a lot of injuries and they weren't ready for. It they didn't have the depth that was needed to get through that stretch of time where they were dealing with a lot of. Injuries, well kind of the same thing. Here you, Know Jose travino is the backup techer and he's a fine, backstop but there was nobody to even come close to Replicating Tyler stevenson's offensive. Output same For Spencer, steer Including Spencer steer. Himself and you're. RIGHT i, mean, Look Ellie Dela cruz is An All. STAR i don't know how anybody could have watched the first eight games of the season and have any major issue with How ellie has, played the, maturity the, evolution and the same For matt. McLain, OBVIOUSLY i think a lot of us held our breat. Yesterday everyone saw that he's dealing with a hamstring. Issue but he came into the ballgame last night actually merely hit the ball out of the. Ballpark but it's kind of like The bengals With Joe, burrow right you can only ask individual players to do so. Much you can only Ask elie de La cruz And matt McLain to do so. Much kind of have a supporting cast around him and on the offensive. End right, now The reds haven't done.
Speaker 1: That the thing With Trey hendrickson and The bengals and the public back and. Forth here's WHAT i AND i alluded to this talked about this earlier this. MORNING a little bit mo is that in any other, profession if there's some negotiation with a, contract it's not in the, media it's not in, print and people aren't talking about somebody else's employment situation the way it happens in professional. Sports AND i guess when it comes to that kind of, thing it's good for guys like you because it gives you more. Fun it gives you something else to talk, about but it really Does it does no good in actually getting the deal. DONE i don't, think AND i think that the public back and forth in the court of public opinion and all of that on what somebody is getting paid or not getting, paid or what somebody signs a deal or. Not it doesn't happen in the accountant business and in the high priced venture capital. Business there's not these discussions about contracts and how somebody's not getting paid something and they're going to go somewhere. Else why do we have this in professional sports specifically because the money's so, great or is it because fans think that they are.
Speaker 4: Owners, WELL i don't know that there's any one. ANSWER i have often argued that sports would be infinitely more fun if we had no idea what the athletes. Made, Agree AND i don't say that from the perspective of being envious of what they. Make i'm as much of a capitalist as. ANYBODY i want everybody to get, paid and so go and get what you can. Get, i'm you, know philosophically a post of things like salary caps at maximum, salaries like go get your. Money BUT i think it you, KNOW i always go back to When Joey vado signed the contract he, signed we started to look at his offensive numbers through the lens of well is he living up to the? Contract AND i remember talking about this a, Lot like in twenty, Thirteen joey was in the top TEN i think in nineteen different offensive, categories but it felt like for a lot of people it was suddenly not enough because they knew how much money he was. Making AND i would always, say, like you, know if he hits for the cycle and hits a walk off home run to win a ball game and he's making the league, minimum does it make you feel better than you do if he does the exact same thing and he's the highest paid player on the. Team So i've often argued it would be a lot more fun if we didn't know what these guys are. Making at the same, TIME i Think number, one fans love to and we have the draft coming, up, Right fans love to put themselves in the role of general, manager right because it's a lot easier than putting yourself in the role of high end edge. RUSHER i can't relate to, that BUT i can maybe relate to A Bean county general manager who's got to balance a. Spreadsheet AND i think specifically in THE nfl and in THE, nba you do sort of have to have a working knowledge of the salary cap and you know which players are really worth, paying because you, know the salary cap is such an essential part of roster. Construction in terms of the public back and, Forth you're. Right as a talk show, HOST i love. It it gives me, fodder it gives me, angles but it's completely counterproductive if the goal is For Trey, hendrickson specifically From trey's, perspective to play for The Cincinnati bengals here moving. Forward AND i think this is one of those situations WHERE i think neither side is. Wrong you, Know trey was awesome last. YEAR i think he's the greatest free agent acquisition in franchise. HISTORY i could certainly understand him, thinking you know, WHAT i led the league in. Sacks i'm a premier, PLAYER i was A Defensive player of The year. FINALIST i want to be one of the highest paid players at my. POSITION i can't blame him for, that especially when The bengals have given him a chance to go see what other teams might pay him and reportedly other teams have shown a willingness to give him the kind of money he's looking. For AND i don't really blame The bengals BECAUSE i think they look at him as a guy who's probably already had his best season as a depreciating asset during the season which he's going to turn thirty one years. Old and so their take, is you, know we're happy to pay you a little bit. More we understand how this, works but do we want to pay you top of the market money when you're thirty two years, old thirty three years, old thirty four years old and your production is not likely going to match what we saw when you were twenty eight to twenty nine and thirty years. Old and SO i think you have two sides that are not, wrong and what you hope for is that some sort of middle ground could be. ACHIEVED i still have no idea if that's gonna work. Out WHAT i do know is, This Trey hendrickson is under contract to his coming. Season he signed a one year contract extension for the twenty twenty five season two years. Ago that decision has, consequences and the consequences are instead of being able to hit free, agency this. Offseason he has got to get set to play for The bengals in twenty twenty five unless he decides to hold, out and if he does, that he's gonna cost himself a lot of.
Speaker 1: Money Paul simon wrote in the Song boy in The bubble From, graceland it's a turnaround jump. Shot it's everybody. Jumpstart every generation throws a hero up the pop, charts and The National Hockey league has that next hero who's reached the top and Tid Wayne, Gretzky alex Sochev. Ovechkin any thoughts on the record that may be broken next week In, COLUMBUS.
Speaker 20: Mo, yeah maybe that's that's kind of.
Speaker 4: Cool it's, interesting it's getting and you, know we understand that professional hockey in this country is lower on the list of major professional sports in terms of overall. Interest BUT i think if if we were to be, talking let's say fifteen years ago about some of the more let's not say unbreakable but unlikely to be broken records in, sports we would Say Wayne, gretzky, right most, goals And Alex ovechkin is going to break. It and it's. INTERESTING i was Watching Sports center last. NIGHT i watched the women's final four games And Scott Van Pelt Sports center ON. ESPN i think is an awesome, show but it was twenty minutes in before they spent any time on Alex ovechkin tying that. Record, now they eventually did an interview with him and gave it the proper. Coverage but, YEAH i, mean it's pretty remarkable if you think about. It in recent years we've had in THE, nba the all time points scoring record has been shattered By Lebron james And Alex ovechkin is going to shatter the all time goals score record By Wayne, gretzky who was in attendance last. Night AND i don't know when that game is next, week but if if that has a chance to happen In columbus and The Blue jackets are in the middle of a postseason, chase that could be quite the.
Speaker 1: Atmosphere, WELL i always thought That kareem's record wasn't untouchable just because of the way THE nba has, changed and you know the addition of three point shooting and the importance of, that you know as far as scoring. Goes so but, yeah The Wayne Gretzy Wayne gretzky record always seemed just kind of almost out of reach for a lot of people and get kind of Like Hank aaron for so many years in. Baseball So final four set, Tonight Florida. Auburn who you got and WHY.
Speaker 4: I think This final four has a chance to be. Awesome this is as stacked To final four in terms of player talent that we have had since two thousand and, eight which was also the last time when we had four number one. Seeds i'm rooting For, houston AND i think guys said this to you. Before The Houston cougar's play like my all time FAVORITE uc teams where they just lead the lead the country and playing hard and so you have a fascinating. Dynamic right you Have Cooper, flag the best player in the, country against the best defense in the. COUNTRY i Like duke BECAUSE i think other guys are going to step up for The Blue, devils AND i Like. Florida florida Beat auburn At. Auburn it's sort of the same, thing, RIGHT a great individual player In Jeni. Broom What's florida going to have in store for? HIM i just think there's way too much. LENGTH i think they're way too. Complete and remember Jan I broom injured his elbow in that game last week Against Michigan. State he says he's one hundred, percent but we will. SEE i think we get two awesome games, tonight AND i think we get a great final On. MONDAY i Think florida And, duke and like, MOST i think you picked The Blue devils to win the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And one final. Thing though you mentioned, depreciating you mentioned depreciating assets in. Relationship the only time depreciating assets are really a positive is when she goes To, sonobello have a great, weekend all, right, counselor how would you like to have what you make on any given court case printed in the? Paper and you would be fighting about your fee in the paper like they're talking about in the. Press there's so much focus on who gets paid, what and you, know back and forth with The trey hendrickson the. Bank how would you like that as a, Lawyer.
Speaker 25: Well it wouldn't really affect me BECAUSE i do everything for free out of a goodness in my.
Speaker 1: Heart, jeez lie to. Me the honest answer is, NO i wouldn't Like. No exactly what's on the show, Today oh, man we're.
Speaker 25: Going to talk about the New biden books that are. Out there are four that are coming. OUT i think two already, out two more are coming. Later AND i got the first, One It's. FIGHT i got it On. Amazon it came. YESTERDAY i don't have a, life So i'm about one hundred and fifty pages into. It it's, great very. Revealing, YES i think the reporting appears to be very well. Researched i'll tell you, What biden was in a heck of a lot worse shape than.
Speaker 1: We were led on to. BELIEVE i knew it in twenty. TWENTY i think most people. Did but the depth of it and the depth of the cover.
Speaker 12: Up is just.
Speaker 25: Incredible it's a. Scandal it's a scandal of. Criminals Criminal, WELL i think you could make that. ARGUMENT i, mean what they were, Doing, Gary jeff AND i know you know. This they were Playing Russian roulette with The United states Of america having this guy in, there you. Know and like a lot of old, people it depended on the. Day some were worse than. Others but, man he was out of.
Speaker 1: It he has good days and very very bad. DAYS. Yep Saturday midday With Mike allen coming up next after the Show show what. Huddles It's christa two point zero's final, hurrah her last day bar. TENDING i, MEAN i may talk her into it if something weird, happens but as a regularly scheduled, barkeep she is hanging it. Up so if you can come by and say hello and, goodbye and that's What i'll say now. Goodbye seven HUNDRED Wlw metro is your
Speaker 43: Way to go all Over Hamilton, county whether you're cheering on our hometown, teams grabbing a fiveweight