Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by the guests of Sasquatch Experience do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the host, sponsors, or affiliates of the Sasquatch Experience. As always, listener discretion is advised.
Speaker 2: We got someone or something crawling around out here?
Speaker 3: Does a legend walk among us working in the forests of our world?
Speaker 2: Did you see what it was? Was it a person or an animal?
Speaker 4: Or I can't go.
Speaker 2: All I know is that my thunder light came on and I get happened to glen and see this thing running across the yard. A good fight man or something works like a man.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: For over fifteen years, we've talked with scientists, researchers, investigators, and witnesses trying to gain insight and truth around the existence of this mysterious entity.
Speaker 2: Quite Karl, Hello, get somebody out here. What's going to announce their invention about sixty four nine? I don't know, is the announcer, Yeah, I'm walking right away?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, hand.
Speaker 2: On, yeah, got you're big? Okay, what's he doing in your yard?
Speaker 6: We're gonna do you.
Speaker 3: Join us as we continue into the investigation, of the Sasquatch Experience.
Speaker 6: And good evening everyone, Welcome to the Sasquatch Experience. I'm Sean the Fort Chop fork Er. That's Vance Nesbit, Henry May, James Baker, and Matt Arner here tonight talking to you about a very interesting subject that, you know what, we've never talked about on this show before ever. I think Henry in the history of Sasquatch Experience. Now we've got a little pone. I think somebody's.
Speaker 4: That was me.
Speaker 6: I apologize jam Vance anyhow, so much as I love hearing the sound of my own voice. Easy, Pilgrim, Easy, This is my family show. Happy Saint Patrick's Day to everybody. Aaron Gobra and I hope you're all in this. This great day here, beautiful day for most of us, looks like some of the severe weather behind most of us. And just an apology to all our listeners that we've been kind of absent for the last few weeks. I think we've all been hit with every kind of flu, every kind of stomach virus, and every own personal thing we could go through the last few weeks. That's kind of made it difficult for us all to collectively join together and it's always better when that's the muffler man himself. And we're just glad to be here, you know. But as I was getting into this saying, we've never talked about this before, and tonight we're going to talk about shooting Bigfoot. We're going to talk about the Justin Smeya incident that actually we kind of spurned by watching that great documentary of the man who killed Bigfoot on Small Town Monsters, which is superbly done video by Eli Watson under the STM label, And if you haven't got a chance, check that out.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's only been out for a couple of weeks now, right, right, right.
Speaker 6: We got to do our role call. We've got mister Scott there, Scott, good to see, mister Hyde, mister Steve, welcome, Kim. If you play a sas squatch and regularly water it, does it grow a new one when you harvest it and can tell when it's ripe? Well, if you smell them enough, you can tell they're right.
Speaker 4: That's right, And but you got to squeeze the tush.
Speaker 6: Oh good, and a roll call so far, and of course you've got other folks that we can't see. But glad you are here with us tonight, so advance. Well, I guess before we get started, Matt, did we want to talk about some exciting stuff that we had going on. And it's been kind of busy for you and I in terms of intake for bigfoot sighting, so go ahead and give us a little rundown on that.
Speaker 5: Well. Uh, we actually had a couple of reports come in that were fresh, and when I say fresh, I mean they were they were absolutely fresh. So, uh, the first one we jumped on really really quick, and it was actually, uh, you know, the person had had reached out to other groups as well well. And next thing, you know, after I think it was twenty four hours after we spoke to him, it was blasted all over Facebook. So that that kind of killed our idea of going up there and you know, researching in that specific area before it really hit the public. But I was actually just out there today out in that area, so I didn't stop by that specific area, but you know, I was out in Center County when earlier today. But the second one's pretty interesting as well. I'm still making coordination here to to do a phone interview with the witness. He believes he saw something in his backyard and he actually casted a track that he found it that he found the very next day. So we're uh, you know, playing email tag right now to try to set up a time that we can now go up and see them check out the area. It's just kind of a strange I had been saying that between January and March in this particular area we seem to have, you know, either some sort of rewards come in and uh, it really came through. It came through later. And that may have been because of the you know, colder temperatures. We actually had a real winter uh this uh this past winter, so uh with the very end of that, and nothing's really growing right now. Uh, we're just starting to see the growing season basically start. But two weeks ago we had really nothing going on. So uh, you know, if anything's out there looking for food, they're they're going for you know, the the easiest thing should be you know, hitting maybe town dumps or where this place was. There was a hatchery nearby, so interesting stuff. But we collect the information. You know, we have a friend of ours that that puts all this into basically a data format, and yeah, we'll use that for you.
Speaker 6: Know, trending Jerbass Place.
Speaker 5: Absolutely checking these places out in the future.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: You and I did interview the one witness by the phone for an hour, yes, and we had a really good conversation. But the hard part of it came when it was blasted all over social media. The exact location, by the way, not a general location, yes, and that kind of really diminished what Matt and I felt we could get from it. Now, I think it's still worthy to go out there at some point, but I think we chose to do it after it calmed down a little bit and I had a foot thing going on which prevented me from getting out there. But as the weather's warm up a little bit, I think maybe it's time we could go down, Matt Bake and check it out when it's died down a little bit. Because I just feel that if we go out there now, anything that we're gonna we're gonna take away could possibly be contaminated or.
Speaker 5: I have been been told from a friend of mine that lives out there that ever since that report hit Facebook, that particular parking lot where where the witness had purchased truck has been full day and night. Ever since that that report was posted, So I'm sure there are plenty of people going out there, you know, just uh yeah, well it's frustrated for us, yep, yeah, absolutely, And you.
Speaker 6: Know, I also reached out to the BFRO investigator on Facebook as I set a friend request, which might be a little off putting, but I don't have any other contact for him, just to see if we could you know, share note sir or whatnot. And I've gotten nothing back. But I'm not happy at all that the area was just blasted like that on social media and some people should just know better, right. This isn't one of those situations where more boots on the ground help. It's really a lot more of more people in that area are going to contaminate. And the witness was still very gun.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 6: He texted me yesterday that he's back and is still in I mean he's still been in contact with me, Matt. I hadn't had a chance to talk to you yet. So he's been regular contact with me about it, which is you know, telling in terms of you know, reliability and credibility. He's not shying away, and I don't think our reservation was ever really that this guy's not being honest with us. I think it's really just all of a sudden, we're going to have all the saturation and it's going to be useless.
Speaker 5: And again, when if we give an area, and out of respect for landowners, out of respect for other people that are that are in the area, we we try well, if we're going to say something publicly, we're not going to give that exact exact location. And I mean this was put out there as to what parking lot he was at, what stream he crossed, uh, you know, right down to the tree that the peak was made from, so uh you know. And the one thing is is that we're talking about an area that's a mix of both wooded area and farmland and so this patch of woods, albeit you know, larger than what most people might be but used to it, is still relatively small in that patchwork. So if there's if there was anything that was that was there, I'm sure they're long gone right by now, and hopefully they didn't get picked up in the tornado that we just had up.
Speaker 6: There right right up in the research area.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, So that's our.
Speaker 6: Research update, guys, just to kill everybody in on what's been going on. I know our Patreon has been a little active too, but we're gonna be bumping that back up now as we're getting more out there. We've got a lot going on again this spring into the falls, we get ready for the Ohio Bigfoot Conference less than just a little over a month away now at this point, all of us going to be there about six weeks live and in color. We're gonna be there having a good old time. So check us out, hit us up, we'll be there. So Vance, this was your show. This is you wanted to hit this topic, I'm gonna throw.
Speaker 7: It to you.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna let you take us through this very interesting situation.
Speaker 4: Really. Yeah, Well, let me start off by making an analogy. I don't know if any of you, gentlemen, or our great listening audience has ever had this type of an experience. Uh, Let's say you go to YouTube tube and you see a video pop up of the greatest hits of a certain year that really affected you, like, say, for me, nineteen seventy six. Oh, the greatest hits of nineteen seventy six. Oh okay, I'm kind of in a nostalgic mood. And let's so I hit play and we're listening to some songs from nineteen seventy six, and then a song comes on and I'm like, wait, I never heard this one before. That's how I felt about the Justin Smeya story. I never heard this story before. And I've been involved in the big Foot community for well over twenty years now, I never heard this story of the man who shot Bigfoot and small Tom Monsters came out with a wonderful documentary. Like you know, Sean mentioned earlier that Eli Watson narrated and edited by Seth Breedlove, and so I'm watching this and I'm like, wow, this is really intriguing, and so I watched the entire documentary. Now, to be fair, there's one thing about what Seth does when he comes out with his documentaries is that he does not play one side of the field or the other. He plays it right down the middle. So he gives you the pros and the cons. And Eli did the same thing. He's not saying this story is factual story. He's giving you the negatives and the positives. So the video or the documentary rather starts out with when Justin shared his story, the negative feedback that he got online of people just calling him every name, in the book and being a family friendly show, I'm not going to use some of the profan or profound language that was used to call him. But I was like, well, this is kind of interesting. But I wasn't there, so I can't say the guy is full of it or not full of it. But there were three points in the video that ELI did with him, and ELI said the same thing, He's not going to call this a factual story or a non factual story. They just did an interview with Justin Smeya on his account. So I encourage our entire listening audience to go and watch the video or the documentary from Small Town Monsters because it was so well done. It's very well done, just like everything else that you know small Town Monsters puts out. It's a great production. But this one I found kind of fascinating because I found three points that left me scratching my head. Its like, I have questions here, and I'll start off with the first one. And I don't want to taint to anybody's version if they haven't watched this yet, but I just found it kind of interesting. Justin goes through the story of how they approached in a Bronco in the Sierra Mountains, and he grew up in this environment. His father taught him hunting and fishing, so he's part of this entire environment, and that brings about a different personality to a person altogether. When you grow up that way, you know somebody that grows up in an urban environment, you grow up in that environment, you know everything about it. He grew up in this environment. And he stated that they had tags for deer and bear, but they were in different areas to go and hunt. So they were in a deer tag area, and they're often a very remote area, small town monsters. Eli brought us into the area. Justin brought us to the area where he said this encounter happened where he shot a big foot, two of them, to be precise. The first thing I took away in watching the documentary was he said that Justin is in the passenger seat of the Bronco. His friend is driving the Bronco. Justin sees this dark image and assumes it's a bear in the passenger seat. And what he said, he opened the door of the Bronco and got out and put aim on the individual. Now Justin stated he shot it with a rifle, but Justin got out of the truck and on the Small Town Monsters documentary, he's doing a bow action. He's like, I've got it in my sight. Well, if you're recreating the account with a rifle, why are you doing a bow action? Now he is a bowl hunter and a rifle hunter, but this is exactly what he did.
Speaker 7: Matt.
Speaker 4: I would say to you, well, what happened while I drew my gun and you're holding it as you're holding my pistol a nine millimeters or whatever, and I shot the guy because he was approaching me. I don't understand why he used the symbology of drawing a bow and arrow when he shot it with a rifle.
Speaker 5: Mm hm.
Speaker 4: And so I scratched my head and going, eh, that doesn't really seem right to me.
Speaker 6: Well, now hold on a second there, because that's okay. Before we jump ahead, we get hit some of these points. Could it have just been a natural reaction, as he does more bow hunting than rifle hunting, you know, Could it just be just playing Devil's advocate?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 6: Because I think one of the thing problems I have with the whole dismay of situation is sometimes the evidence doesn't add up with the story, right, And so I think, is this another one of these situations? Because I have to say, if he's made this whole situation up and it's a lie, he's a pretty damn good liar.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: No, I totally agree with you. And this is why I started this off by saying, I don't know. I wasn't there.
Speaker 6: Well, none of us were. And I think but the hard part about all this because there is if he does take you through the story and he does try to provide evidence.
Speaker 4: I mean, right, No, agreed, Bake, absolutely agreed, Baked.
Speaker 6: Did you want to where we jump hold on?
Speaker 10: Van? I think the key points of the story is if it is a made up story, he sat down with his friend and they worked it out before called anybody, because the way he tells us, he tells it as closer to hear Mike, I am a deer and bear hunter. I understand the So he kills two of them, I believe, and he claims why there wasn't a he explained or he explained explains why they couldn't get back like he had reasonably.
Speaker 7: Did.
Speaker 10: Was he had people that we know experts to back up a lot of the he said by knowing this is true, then this would happen, Like directly said, oh yeah, one hundred percent believe.
Speaker 4: This is plausible.
Speaker 10: The issue I have story isn't the story at all. I think it's a good story his friend. It looks like it happened. But what I have problems with it it's the documentary later pedaling and the way he feels about researchers that kind of turned me off.
Speaker 6: That's there. That's a fair statement because I.
Speaker 10: Was like, one hundred percent like, he's got a story he under but you could tell that that story was prepped like you would prep a witness on the stand, Matt, you know, because he had this is where it was at, this is where we hunted, this is what we usually like. He did the one thing we always asked for. He gave us the before, the middle, and the after instead of just giving us the five second clip, right, okay, And they were prepped. So as far as the story, I liked the story, I even believe.
Speaker 7: I love the way it was presented.
Speaker 10: I love how Small Town's Monsters presented it. I loved the whole thing. What he didn't like was the ending. And if you've seen the video, it's only about forty five minutes and if you google it you'll see it.
Speaker 5: It's free.
Speaker 7: Excuse me.
Speaker 10: You will notice near the end he kind of browns out and says, you know, some things are really derodatory towards well I feel us, you know, but I mean, you guys can continue. But I just wanted to put that in before two phone no.
Speaker 4: No, and that's completely fair. That's completely fair. Yeah, I will go on to my second point. Jesus was when this entire event has happened to him, and he said he shot what he believed to be an adult male and that he shot a juvenile sometime later in the same event. He did not have his dog with him, but he brought his hunting dog with him to go try to recover the juvenile, which he said he buried under a bush. Why was not his hunting dog with him when they went on this expedition. That didn't make sense to me, And there may be a very good explanation, I don't know. He just said, yeah, I brought my hunting dog out with me because it can sniff out, you know, these dead carcass and go pick him out. But he didn't have the dog with him during this event and then the last point I'm going to make, and then I'll leave it up to everybody else to make their analogy. He said. One he shot the juvenile, he picked it up, he looked at it. The partner that he was with, he kind of threw it on the ground. The partner saw it. They didn't know what to do because they knew the game warden was at the end of the trail on their way out. Now, generally game trails, as far as those individuals are concerned, they will have a dog with them to sniff out whether you tagged a deer or a bearer or something else. Okay, I understand that. So let's hide the body. We can get out of here, and we'll come back and retrieve it later when the game warden is not there. So he said, they put the juvenile under a bush. He physically was showing on the documentary kicking out dirt and covering it with large debris and large rocks. Now I understand that doctor Meldrum and Randalls went out there to investigate this, and on the documentary justin states, well, yeah, we covered it with rocks like that one over there, which was about maybe ten fifteen feet away. Where did all the rocks go? Where did all the large debris go that they said they covered the juvenile with? It wasn't there. I don't see anybody picking up these big rocks and moving them twenty thirty feet away to try to find the juvenile body. It wasn't there. So I again, I was left scratching my head, going, well, then where is all this debris that you said you buried the juvenile with. It's not there, So I'm just going to leave it a that. I'm not calling the guy any of the names that the Internet called him. I wasn't there. But like James said, it's a fascinating story because he did give very certain descriptions of what happened. That is very believable. That when they spotted this thing, it stood up, it put its arms up, and he took a shot and hit it in its left side, and he said, boom. You know, you could see the debris of blood and it's coming out, and it was tripping and falling and making its way off into the woods and trying to make a getaway. And then he discovers two juveniles that were chattering with each other that seems to be a pretty extreme story to just make up out of the top of your head as a bigfoot story to do what become financially wealthy? No, without any evidence. No, but it's a fascinating story. It truly is. And I'm not gonna sit here and put Justin in the BS artist. I'm just not going to do that.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he can, because I mean, the reality is, well, I am there goes hi am. I was gonna let let's hear it, let's go Henry.
Speaker 9: Here is the reason I think his story is well, shit, okay, this is the reason it is because it's because when they would act to find the quote unquote remains.
Speaker 4: A flash right, yes, m hm.
Speaker 7: Ted did they said it off to catch him?
Speaker 8: Who said, oh, it must be sasquatch, just just ARBITRALI out of the blue says it must be sasquatched because her a sasquall right, as you just know what the hell she's.
Speaker 11: Well was when that sample was set to Brian Sikes and read his book The Nature of the Beast, he talks all about it. That sample turned out to be from a bit. But I think this is what I think Justine.
Speaker 7: May I did. I got two bits out of season.
Speaker 11: Bobby thought he'd getting for it and decided to cover it up. And then just then and they decided to claim that he shot to Sasquatch. That's what I think happened.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a really good point that you bring up, Henry, because I didn't bring that up in all this that he said, yes, I've got these you know, these flesh samples. He sent them off to Randall's, He sent them off to Meldrum, and he sent them off to.
Speaker 7: Uh uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's her.
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 4: It has got them off, but yet nothing kind of seemed to develop from that whatsoever. Well, I'm like, if you have this flash sample, something would have come out of it. And you know, kudos to Randall's first stating what he did. He stated, he didn't know what to make of the guy, but he went out there and took him seriously. But he didn't know what to make of any of this. But nothing turned up out of us. And I appreciate and you know, with him working with the Olympic project. Give the guys the kudos working on the Olympic Project. Every single one of those guys are so golden staunch with me personally, in their research, you know, with course and boy, let me tell you, these guys are in it, and they're in it deep. So if they had any kind of evidence, even a strand of evidence, I think they would have brought it forward. But nothing really came of any of this.
Speaker 6: Well, go ahead, JB.
Speaker 10: So a couple of key points you said earlier, which I tried to get in but then it happened. You said about the dog, Well, the only reason I had a dog the second time was is because Meldrum knew a guy locally that had dogs that could sniff out blood, and he called a favor and to get the dogs there as far as as far as like the carcass and things like that, there were a lot of inconsistency with that, Like he cut off so much of it. I honestly, if I had time to cut off some parts, I picked a head and brought it with me.
Speaker 6: But that's right me, okay, Pat, just cets off heads, just went.
Speaker 10: You've already committed as we'll go to the whole way. Man, shemy that ship. Wear it on top of your head, dree days.
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 6: You ever watched conn Air?
Speaker 10: That makes complete sense?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, the thing is is one thing he.
Speaker 10: Points out that I know is true and Forker knows is true. If an animal dies in the woods, even if you cover up within a week, coyotes everything else, that every carnivore in the planet is going to rip a little piece off and drag now as far as the rocks and stuff like that. It the guy said, I dug it. I grabbed as much stuff as I could for fifteen minutes, you know, And he says it, he says he did a shitty job.
Speaker 7: I mean, he's right about it.
Speaker 10: But what I would say is the one key that a lot of his facts roll together. And that's where I say, I kind of agree that there were a lot of easy facts, But I think we need to remember is his story covered a lot of things that we that we like, Why didn't he have a dog?
Speaker 7: The second? Why do you have a dog?
Speaker 10: Sicktom Will? He explained, And like I said, is I think he tried to legitimize his story by using the Olympic proper but project, by using Meldrum's name, by.
Speaker 4: Using you know, it's like people train time.
Speaker 6: It's like it's like people.
Speaker 10: Who say Cliff Barrack, so this is right, No, you got a drink with Bartman and he nodded at you the same.
Speaker 6: Thing, right, acknowledge this agreement.
Speaker 10: I've been in those meetings and there's you know, but I think Matt had some things to say, So I'm gonna shut up to the least the whole horn.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Matt.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I don't know how much time we happy for the bullhorn, but I think.
Speaker 6: What you need, I'll plug it in as soon as your friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So here's where I'm at there. He has been consistent through the years, and I have followed this since the story. It was came out as rumors on the old I think it was the Bigfoot evidence uh uh page that somebody had shot a big foot and they had some part of the carcass available, and through that I pretty much saw the story evolved in real time. And then we got to meet who Justin was. And there are some parts of the story though that just kind of give me the you know, the red flags pop up. And Henry was really eloquent and saying that he was not out there to hunt in a uh you know, traditional ethical man.
Speaker 4: Or yes, yes, so he has he has.
Speaker 5: A bear tag. For another part of the another part of the Sierras. He's out there, he sees you know, one, possibly two bears, and what does he do. He pops the shots off from inside the truck. You know, I mean, you know, we've been out you know, in the woods and and you know, even in Pennsylvania, you know, people still do that. But I mean, that is like the most unethical way to take an animal, So especially when you don't have attag for that, knowing that the fishing game officer is at the end of that trail pretty much checking everyone coming off that mountain, so he obviously shot at something. The one thing that gets me though, is one that they called it the steak, which was the the part of the carcass that was that was still still there, came back just being bear and as opposed to being anything else. So did he did he actually poach a bear? And this was just his way of you know, perhaps he's I don't know, you know, I think he has done a polygraph if I'm not mistaken, and I don't know. It's just the other thing too, is again, as I saw this play out in real real time, there were people that came back to that to that area general area and One of probably the better thermal images came from Bart Tatino, who was in that particular area where this shot. I believe it was him and wrote Rosa Hobby and they were able to to get three creatures on thermal that were surrounding the campsite. So I don't know, you know, it really really leaves me scratching. If it was to go to court, you know, I think you'd have a hung jury out there.
Speaker 6: Well, I think the one tell for me and then we're gonna go to the bullhorn and then we'll come back. Is you know Bart Katino, somebody I've been acquainted with for many years in this research. You know, his take on it is the most important to me because if anybody's good, you know, he's got he's real credential. He's got a background in financial know which is a world just full of bullshitters and hucksters. And if he can survive that and be able to have integrity, which Bart does to no end, I think he'd be pretty good at sussing out the bullshit of of of Justin Smaya And I think the problem is when it becomes bigfoot, it becomes more fantastical, right, and you know, I don't agree with people calling him a murderer and a killer, and because you know, that's just not I don't know, that's not beneficial or helpful to anything. And he has taken his beatings. By the way, let's not say it's been easy for justin. I don't want to climb on that and continue it. What my thought is, if this happened, and it's just what a mess just and the fact that's happened in twenty ten is when it happened. You know, we're almost fifteen years now past this easily. Uh you know, where are we at with any of these other samples that have been provided? And so we'll leave on that note. We'll come back folks right after this. You're listening to the Sasquatch Experience. Sean Palker, James Baker, Henry May Vance Arner, Vance Arner, Matt Arner, James Baker. I just threw myself off. We'll see it a couple of minutes.
Speaker 10: I knew he'd take the man's names.
Speaker 4: Team a symbol big Foot.
Speaker 12: Okay, that's fun, your fun.
Speaker 4: Where are you from Cleveland, Midwest?
Speaker 12: I thought so because you said bigfood if you were from the Northwest, like myself, you would have said sasquatch. That's the difference. That's really you know, rais no is whether you call him sasquatch or big Food.
Speaker 7: Do you think he exists? Why?
Speaker 12: Because it's more fun?
Speaker 4: Ah, Yes, because it is fun until you get dragged out of your tent by the ankles and are used as a tree knocker. Then your opinion changes well top of the evening, until you all lids and lasses happy Saint Patrick's day. I don't know why that sounded so Canadian, but anyway, speaking of symbolics from CBS News, Assemblymen Chris Rogers, Democrat of Santa Rosa, California, authored a legis slate of Bill AB six six six in hopes of making Bigfoot the state cryptid. What's aencryptid. Well, it's an animal being oor entity that has not been proven to exist, but has been reported by eyewitnesses or other sources of evidence. You know, think likeness, monster and abominable snowman shows you the research that this article has. The last recorded spotting of the large, muscular, hairy, ape like looking creature in the state, according to the BFRO, was in Humboldt County, California. In September of twenty twenty four hikers here chatter and whoops of a large animal in Founder's Grove, which is thirty three miles southeast of Eureka. According to the database, there are forty eight reported sightings in Humboldt dating back to nineteen fifty seven, where three children have daytime sightings near Eureka, now closer to Los Angeles. Back in nineteen ninety three, a man remembers a sighting while driving on a lonely, dark, two lane road near Gorman. The BFRORO reported fact or fiction the creature does get around. While California lists four hundred and sixty three sightings and Washington State reports seven hundred and twenty four possible saasquatch sightings according to the BFRO, Beyond the Eureka and I'm doing air quotes with my fingers motto and the bear flag, the official state symbols are extensive, with the California State Library listing over forty state registered symbols. Denim is the state's official fabric, the sabertooth cat is the official state fossil, and the state rock is serpentine. And this is just to name a few of the lesser knowns. So could Bigfoot become the state's official cryptid. It takes forty one votes in the California State Assembly before it comes law. When we come back, it's time to pitch a tent.
Speaker 10: You're listening to the big Foot bullhorn right here on the Sasquatch Experience.
Speaker 4: It's not Dockers, It's god Knockers. Hey, have you been to the squatch field site on the interweb that has it all? Introducing Godknockers dot Org. Stop on buy for an intriguing story of the encounter that started it all. But wait, there's more. Got Knockers offers some fabulous merchandise like T shirts, hoodies, onesies for the baby, plus a stunning array of jewelry and some fantastic sauces that will make your taste buds dance. But the coolest of all is a genuine god Knockers tree knocker. Stop on by and say hi to the folks of gott Knockers, Gwendolyn and Michael Purcell. Get in on the action and just visit got Knockers dot Org again gott Knockers dot o rg.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, the twenty twenty five Pennsylvania Bigfoot Camping Adventure on August twenty second and twenty third of twenty twenty five. It's fun. They'll be food and vendors, night walks, workshops, and a plethora of speakers, just to name a few, Sean Forker, Stan Gordon Matt Erner, While Blackburn and Ron Morehead. You know, I know some of these guys from somewhere. I just can't put my finger on it. Just go to PA Bigfoot Camping Adventure dot com again PA Bigfoot Camping Adventure dot Com for more information. Thanks again for listening to this edition of the Bigfoot Bullhorn right here on the Sasquatch Experience, and as a half eaten bag of potato chips always says, until we meet again, keep your toe.
Speaker 11: In the mind.
Speaker 6: I don't know all about that, but uh all right, Welcome back folks, Sasquatch Experience for Monday night, Saint Patrick's Day. And if you're done with this you can go get your drinking go on, though it's the workday tomorrow, so don't drink too much. Welcome back, folks. We're having a spirited discussion tonight about shooting Bigfoot. Did it or didn't happen. Let's see, and also Vance, thank you for plugging that event, the PA Bigfoot Camping weekend. Matt and I will be speaking and JB will be there, so he'll probably be speaking too, because Baker always gets roped in, but he never gets billed, so we always have to say that he never gets but he always gets it roped in.
Speaker 10: Yeah, got a free lunch or something.
Speaker 6: I don't think you know. Somebody did make mention of a polygraph test, but Scott made a really good point. Scott, our good friend, you know our Patreon and AVAD listener. A polygraph test doesn't show if you're telling the truth or not. It just indicates that you believe what you're saying. There's an interesting take on right, gentlemen. As we as we left, I was just talking about our friend Bart Katino, and you know my belief in Bart. Where are you guys at with with some of the other you know, you mentioned the Olympic project. Guys, what do you think some of our steam peers that they're bought him?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean they have the right to their opinion. They have the right to believe whatever they want. I have the right to believe what I want. Hey, this is America. We all have the right to believe whatever we want.
Speaker 6: You're just that guide, right, you're just not buying America.
Speaker 7: Long it doesn't hurt somebody ill, right, you know.
Speaker 4: I give the kudos to the fact that doctor Meldrum participated in the investigation along with Randalls. He engaged in this investigation because it was that compelling for them to do this and to completely unearth every bit of molecule and evidence that they could find in the area to try to prove this as a real point. And they were being completely honest of what their opinion was of just in himself. You know, Randall stated, yeah, you know, he saw him as a redneck, and but he didn't he did not just wipe that off the page to say, ah, this guy's full of you know bs. He took him at his word, and they looked for every bit of evidence that they could possibly find, and of course, you know, it ended up that none of them discovered anything or uncovered anything that was attributed to Yeah, this could have possibly have happened, But it doesn't seem that Meldrum has been out there talking about this, right, he's not. It just don't go ahead James.
Speaker 10: It just seemed to me like he pulled some favors to help the guy out in the Olympic project, and he pulled some favors because he knew people in that area. Be as if if me and Sean saw some in Pennsylvania and Meldrum knew a guy and we we were like with him.
Speaker 6: But I think Meldrium has been there right.
Speaker 10: Right, But it didn't it didn't seem like I remember at OBC there was a situation where people broughtcasts to multiple groups.
Speaker 4: I want groups.
Speaker 7: I'm not pointing to somebody specific.
Speaker 10: Multiple groups broughtcasts to Meldrum and he looked them over and he goes, these are really nice look at some of these high points. But he never said this must be a bigfoot. He just he just pointed out evidence that pointed that way. But then when they left the table, it was like he completely believed my sightings and.
Speaker 6: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 10: Likely from the back of notch what he said was what you had had promise. You know, there's a difference between first base and coming home.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, Henry, did you want to add to that, because it sounds like you were agreeing with Baker there a little bit.
Speaker 7: No, Yeah, I was basically agreeing with James Baker because just because Meldrum may maybe give you a.
Speaker 11: Little bit of kind of uram encouragement, doesn't me believe you.
Speaker 7: Right right.
Speaker 10: Saying Stripper's loving you, well, I don't know appreciate, but go there.
Speaker 5: So so not to But this was like the perfect segue. You're talking about Stripper.
Speaker 4: So he have I do we have? All? This show is getting interesting.
Speaker 5: It is not in that respective, but but we have justin who who came out? What did he get out of him doing this? Out of him, you know, recounting his story with uh, you know, with having all these people come in. He really, I mean it really kind of hurt his his his life, you know, right because he was under a microscope. But the one thing is is he was never after money, you know, I mean, you know, he he wasn't going around you know, uh doing anything like uh. And of course you know I'm thinking of right around that same time too, is Rick Dyer in his hoaxes where hey, I shot a big foot, you know, and it was eating ribs behind San Antonio's costco. You know, I mean, you know, here's the guy who who believe you know, he believes that what, you know, what had happened that day, even if it put him into uh, you know, possibly some legal issues, but he stood by that story. And you know, again, you have other people that that will go out there and try to monetize that he didn't at all.
Speaker 4: Right, No, I agree with you, Matt, because he made that very clear in the documentary that he did with Eli Watson. He said, I didn't get into this to make money off of it or become wealthy. I didn't. I'm just sharing an experience that I had. Okay, I'm good with that. But then I look at Henry's perspective of all of this, and I'm like, yeah, I can agree with that too, And so I'm still completely divided on what has happened here. I just can't make sense of either side because I agree with what Henry has to say, and I agree with what I brought forth as there's a couple of issues here that don't make sense to me. But then when he says it, well, I didn't do this to make money, I'm just kind of left speechless on that whole point. But that's what makes the sole subject interesting.
Speaker 5: I know it, go ahead, guys, And I was gonna say, like I said, he put he put all this out. You know, he knows now if he's going to try to draw a tag, you know, you know, he's gonna have a California fishing game all over him, you know, probably for the next twenty years, right to make sure that that everything's on on tom It is probably not gonna be able to shoot out, you know, out the car window anymore, but probably not the best thing to do. But again, you know, like I said, this impacted his life detrimentally, you know, coming out. Even again, when it initially hit the uh, hit the internet, it was an unidentified person. It wasn't anything. Uh, they didn't initially say his name. And then he team up then and said, okay, this is you know, this is justin you know, he's the one that did this, and you know, and it went from there.
Speaker 10: Well, even his friend kind of backed away with it as quickly as possible. Their stories did sync up. But then again, like I said, if the conversation was happening at a table where they said, you know this is what you say, is that I say blah blah blah. But you know, I just there's a lot to the story that made sense from a perspective of like he he was a hunter and you knew that because there were certain parts of the conversation that made sense, like, hey, I hit a body, and when I came back three weeks after a blizzard, there was nothing left which could have happened, because when it's cold, animals will find warm.
Speaker 4: Food, you know.
Speaker 10: Like, so, I mean, it's not it's not unrealistic on what he said. It's just that some of the and some of the things like, yes, maybe he did kill two bears, but I don't know if I believe that as much, because then why would he make a point of a story I had just hit him in the woods and hope nobody noticed.
Speaker 6: Well, maybe he did. He have any priors for poaching or any other past experience or running with rangers. We don't know that, right, and that could be the impetus for him to want to create a cover story or something interesting to get people to not believe him, because perhaps he was involved in something he shouldn't have been doing and he's done it in the past. That's just a theory. There's no proof of that. I'm not saying that's what happened at all, Just a set of facts which could set of opinions that could meet the fact.
Speaker 10: If I'm playing on and killing people on a blank trail, trail stop.
Speaker 4: It, okay, Yeah, and now I'm an accomplist. I'm going to jail. I'll be in prison tomorrow. Oh good.
Speaker 10: Dance is worth about twenty packs smokes.
Speaker 4: So look at this.
Speaker 5: Look at this like it was going to be presented in court. So we don't have a body. We have no evidence that there that there was a body to begin with. Just just just a bare steak we have. And again, you know, even at that point, uh, grab a hair, grab grab a finger, you know, but you have nothing there. Uh you have you know, you have a statement, uh stating that the person was doing you know, an illegal activity.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: You have the friend who does back up the story. But you know he hasn't gone on as far as I know, he hasn't done the polity enough.
Speaker 6: Anymore, or he doesn't go on the record with it either.
Speaker 5: Correct, right, correct, So if you were if you were looking at this, and James bringing up brings up a great point. If we're not talking about a big foot, we're talking about Hey, he uh, he saw a hiker in the woods and he thought it was a bear and he decided to pop a shot off, and oh my god, the hiker died. If we can't find a body, and there's no evidence that that there was harm that day, and you know, and then lastly, of course, you know, if it's a hiker, you're gonna you know, the person be reported missing. Okay, that might be one thing, but but just say that that nobody's reported missing. You know what do you have at that point? A jury's gonna sit there and say, I don't out you know, I don't think this guy.
Speaker 6: Did it well, not even could you even press charges without a body?
Speaker 5: No, very true, we've done that before. Somebody fed the body to the pigs.
Speaker 6: So well, you had some sort of circumstantial evidence with this, there's nothing besides that steak, right, and with the steak that has been tested as bear. You know, you would you get a da to be able to say, yeah, you know what, let's charge him for murder. He had a bear steak, you coaching him.
Speaker 10: You could get a grand Jerry to convict on a hand sandwich. Trust.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's point bake you.
Speaker 10: Somebody some of these counties, it's just you and the judge and they both know each other hood the Dolly Parton song.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: He watches a lot of TV. Folks, he's well read.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I had I had the thought too while watching the documentary. If it was a juvenile that they shot, or that he shot, why didn't he bag it? Because he made one simple point. There was a game warden at the end of the trail that had a dog. So if he were to have bagged the juvenile and put it in the back of the truck and the dog detected it, I think all things would have been off the tangent right there. I think everything would have come loose. And maybe that's why he panicked and left it there under a bush. But I think I would have taken the chance and wrapped it up and put it in the truck and said, hey, yeah, we didn't get anything, have a great day, we're out of here. At least have that evidence with you.
Speaker 6: I don't know, maybe he didn't have good past experiences with the Rangers.
Speaker 4: No, that's very possible. That's very possible.
Speaker 5: What do you want, Oh, go ahead, James, Well, if.
Speaker 4: You watched the movie.
Speaker 10: But one thing he points out is he didn't take any evidence with him because he was worried that that there were He kept saying about special forces and people that were trained to screw him over, and he was a little paranoid when it came back ops. But the other reason was is he said something that clicks to my head now. Well, probably because he got caught doing stuff before. Whatever. I can't I can't say hey or whatever. You know, stuff on the internet stays on the internet.
Speaker 7: Whatever.
Speaker 10: Okay, but here's the thing he said. It's a male and two juveniles. They were talking amongst themselves. He killed two out of three. So the question is is when he killed them and kind of buried their bodies in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry of ruining the plot.
Speaker 10: But the thing is is you have a sosquatch that supposedly still exists, and then where's mom? So how do you know that whatever it was that survived in that area didn't drag those bodies off to somewhere else?
Speaker 5: Very true, Very true.
Speaker 10: I understand why he didn't take as much evidence, even though I would have said screw it. He even mentioned I should have took pictures. I should have done.
Speaker 7: I could have done.
Speaker 10: All these things, but I got home this popped into my brain and.
Speaker 6: The moment I was just freaking out and digging a hole. We listen, we all had that moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would have been kind of freaked out too and probably have not thought of those things either.
Speaker 6: Right, so I read legitimate.
Speaker 5: I want to add one one last point, well actually two last points, because I know we're running close to the time. But the one is if he fired that shot inside that inside that Fort Bronco, For one thing, when uh powder explodes, Uh, you're gonna have not just the spent black powder all over the place, but you're also gonna have that odor uh inside that inside the cabinet of that that Ford Bronco. It's gonna smell like somebody fired a shot. Which that's gonna raise the eraised the eyebrows of the of the game officer down down at the bottom of the mountain, because he's gonna be like, Okay, who was who was in here shooting right from this because he would be able to smell that. The other thing too, And just a side thought here, we were talking about the if they had a dog down there at the bottom of the mountain. They had a Yetti cooler airproof. Yeah, and and you know what, you could You could put whatever you want in there and and a grizzly bear can't even sniff it. So hopefully we can get Yetti as a as a new sponsor.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, and that's the part that I did miss Matt. Now, what I would say his specific words was he got out of the Ford Bronco and took aim at this bean and fired the shot. Even though he was doing the bow and arrow insinuation. He said, he did get out of the vehicle and took the shot. But you're right about the the Yetti. I never gave that a consideration that, Yeah, you could put something in there, and I don't think anything would be able to pick up a center from that. That's a good point.
Speaker 5: We do firearms training for with the vehicles, and even if you're outside the vehicle and you take a shot inside, the inside still still has that odor.
Speaker 4: I thought you were that's interesting.
Speaker 10: Firearm training and accidents, folks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's nothing finer than the smell of gunpowder. I'll let me tell you.
Speaker 6: And that'll be the final quote for tonight. We're now over time and we're going to call it for tonight. Great show tonight, guys, You've all had some strong opinions on this and I'm glad that we brought it to the to the forefront, and folks, go check it out The Man Who The Man Who Killed Bigfoot on Small Town Monsters right now on YouTube. Check it out. Eli Watson put together a great episode. You can go ahead join our Patreon for as little as two dollars a month. We're going to be a lot of stuff getting loaded on that shortly and we just have a whole bunch of stuff going on as we get ready for our biggest event of the year, the Ohio Bigfoot Conference at Salt Fork State Park and Cambridge, Ohio. We appreciate you all tuning in the night. Thank you, and two weeks we'll be back with Chuck Lawson from the CARC. Going to be a great episode and talking to our friend Chuck and Henry. You got those closing words for us, my friend, Indeed I do. Y'all be good. It'll be good there. Keep on squatching, folks. Good night.
Speaker 13: You've been listening to Sasquatch Experience. Please rate interview where this podcast has been consumed To share your experience, visit us on Facebook, our website, or email us info at sasquatchexperience dot com. Keep on squatching