Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of Idiotology with Letcha Taco one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But your freaking idiots all right. This hour brought to you by JR and by Las. Thursday Night football pregame Action will be out again tomorrow evening six to eight ahead of the Broncos Chargers game. We are headed to Seggi's, an American bar in Palm Bay on Malabar Road. Six to eight again is when we're out there.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have of course Monster Jam tickets, tickets to WJRR concerts, plus bw O gear while at last, and of course bucket specials. That's who we're out there with. We're gonna have bud Light and neutral specials. Siggi's Palm Bay start at six tomorrow night. Speaking of BWO yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of the whole inspiration for the whole BWO Bob World Order grassroots movement was inspired by these scenes of mass shoplifting that goes on at some major retailers. Not so much more here in Florida anymore because of the tougher laws now, but you still see this around the country. And one of the stores that really has to suffer a lot of this is Walmart, right, Oh god, yeah, But.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen many raids where there's you know, a pack of twenty teens running into a Walmart doing it like I have a at like you know, Apple stores or stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Walmart is running a pilot program right now where they're outfitting their store workers with body cams.
Speaker 4: Perfect.
Speaker 3: I would hate that if I was a Walmart worker that well, the workers themselves activate them. There's not somebody remotely controlling them. It's for a safety situation. Say you know, you're working at Walmart and something's going on where you're like, well, this is gonna be I'm gonna be asked some questions about this we activate your body cam thoughts.
Speaker 4: I'm double edged sword on this.
Speaker 3: I'm going both ways on it as usual, because I mean, you could have that worker be saved quicker if they were gonna get you know, punched in the face or a gun pull on them or something, because the body cam would go directly to security, Which brings me to my thoughts. I'm like, you've got your in house security team that's supposed to be handling crap like this. Look, man, you got me down here on the floor slinging, you know, stock and you know, running the register and all that. Let's the sky in the eye in the sky, you guys, come on, this is on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm just somebody running a register. I don't need to be hitting buttons. They could maybe get me killed. It's interesting. Uh, they're not really commenting other than that it's a pilot program they're running in Texas right now, and they're going to evaluate the results before making any long term decisions. The body cams are meant to increase worker safety and not seen so much as a loss prevention tactic. Oh really, which is why I mentioned I think in that area you've got Walmart is very good, dedicated crew that does that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's still a ton of stuff.
Speaker 2: Sure, well that's just based on the pure numbers and volume of business they do. Stuff is going to get through and stolen, regardless of how much security they try to throw at it. But again, to really even think about putting that on a associate, I don't know, man, which they're not so I could see it from the safety perspective. How many stories have we done on this show in this segment that have their foot in a Walmart somewhere because some crazy s happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody said, I'm a risk manager. Body cams are gold. Even with Walmart so many shady people in and out. Yeah, I told you my self checkout lanes.
Speaker 4: They closed off at least.
Speaker 3: Ten of them because there was too much to even going on. Now now you have to wait super long for the self checkout. This is actually kind of funny.
Speaker 4: This heathen.
Speaker 3: I'd activate the body cam every time I saw a hot chick go by.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, sir, carry on back to the cave.
Speaker 2: So the other day President Elect Trump, in dealing with Canada, made a comment where he referred to Canada as the fifty first state. I heard that and Prime Minister Trudeau as the governor of Canada. It was just kind of a backhanded you know, yeah, little brother type, I can tap a pat on the head. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Apparently about thirteen percent of Canadian residents are down with the idea of becoming a fifty first US state. They asked that question up there, just like right after he said this, and they've already got thirteen percent support for that.
Speaker 4: That quickly.
Speaker 2: That Trudeau up there, man he's in a tough tough spot right now. There's there's calls for him to uhle step down. And their inflation is worse than ours is. Their dollar is like worth half of what ours is. Well, it's almost a gets a buck.
Speaker 4: To a dollar. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Somebody said, I if I come up to the studio today, can I grab a BWO stickers? Yes, you can, but it has to be between normal business hours and if you want the address, just google it. Right up on the fourth floor when you walk in on a table to the left.
Speaker 2: There's some right when you step off the elevator.
Speaker 3: Or through the double glass doors, they're right next to the camera. Speaking of body cams again, ten to five business hours.
Speaker 4: Weekdays only. I'm checking something real quick. Yeah, okay, what you looking at?
Speaker 2: Population of Canada?
Speaker 4: Total population? Yeah, forty million.
Speaker 3: So that's only like if they were to become the fifty first.
Speaker 4: State, I don't see it going through.
Speaker 3: Man, you get the biggest state, right, you got the border and you got the oh god, yeah, that would be the biggest state, way bigger than well, but they'd still keep theirs broken up into the different sectors.
Speaker 4: Probably it's not gonna happen that's just funny.
Speaker 2: Then there's this we go to Columbus, Ohio, where a Columbus funeral home is the first in that state to also have a liquor license.
Speaker 3: Oh so they can serve. Here's Bro, who works at the the North Side Funeral the Evergreen Funeral, Cremation and Reception Services, to explain.
Speaker 5: My role in this position is to kind of be a party planner for dead people, you know, be more of a celebration of life than more of the multi day traditional services which costs a lot of money. And their inspector called me, their like, economics is this Evergreen Funeral And I'm like yeah, And they're like, you would be the first funeral home to get a liquor license in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 4: He sounded like a funeral home dude, is it?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: I have the news story with him.
Speaker 3: He's twenty something years old, splinting and receiving a liquor license your funeral home.
Speaker 4: You think about it, Pat, it's genius.
Speaker 3: It is because they always you're walking around in there and eating the platter of food. Kind of creeped out because there's a dead guy sitting over at a box an area now hold on taco if you could have booze in there, Yeah, a lot of there's the viewing though, is just that in most cases is just if you In fact, this article that goes with this goes into explain rules and regulations about most funeral homes. Many of them don't permit serving of any kind of beverages or food.
Speaker 4: Well, when you got it, when you got that, you can.
Speaker 2: Well that's exactly it, you know, and and he hits on it. Rather than having a multi site situation where you go to the funeral or the viewing or whatever, then you go pil into somebody's house where everybody brings food and you know, sits around and you.
Speaker 4: Just do it all in all right there.
Speaker 2: Now, the other thought of the entrepreneurial side of my goods, well, you're not always having a funeral. You've got a liquor license. There's some morbid types out there, raves. You know how many people would love to go to an overnighter.
Speaker 3: It's the law won't permit that. Yeah, it's only going to be operational that the booze will only flow during actual funeral services. Responsible side of me went into it and thought, wait, if you're all sitting around at the viewing, you.
Speaker 4: Know, drinking, eating whatever.
Speaker 3: And now you got to hop in the line to follow that the hers. Now, I mean you're going to have to bring dds to that uber. Where are you going?
Speaker 4: Funeral?
Speaker 2: Just why are you ubery? Why are you putting that purple flag on my car? I just just follow the dude on the motorcycle Man.
Speaker 1: Sweatin Taco are always on demand.
Speaker 3: Download their podcast daily on our free irt radio app.
Speaker 1: Get it now at w j r R dot com.